Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

Cripps_orig
24-05-2011, 10:50 PM
England v Sri Lanka on thursday.

Morgan in for Bopara.

Syn
24-05-2011, 11:45 PM
The great man returns :bow:

What did you make of Shitwag's shitness in the world cup?

In other news, England to win easily as long as the rain stays away.

Cripps_orig
25-05-2011, 12:07 AM
Dont know if Morgan is that great tbh

Ah the World Cup, had so much shit to say during and after it. Damn me and my foolishness to be banned on GW.

Il get to Sehwag in a bit but first the world cup as a whole. Brilliant. Im not saying that just cos India are once again the greatest god damn team ever seen in the history of the game but cos it was entertaining. Compare it to the last World Cup which went on for 17 years, it was brilliant. England, as shit as they were, were entertainingly shit and thats the best shit to be. That Dutch unknown guy who scored a century against England, what an innings. Same with the Irish unknown guy. What an innings. SA choking as usual. NZ with a team of journeymen once again reaching the semis and losing it. Vettori is the best captain in the game for what he does with that team. Aussies :haha: Pakistanis were pretty good but not good enough in the semis. Kudos to SL as well

Now for India, have to start with the captain. MS Dhoni. Didnt have the best of tournaments but imo he played one of the great innings in the final after 2 early wickets fell. He put himself up the order and took the game by the scruff of its neck. Majestic. Zaheer, Harbhajan :bow: As for Sehwag, started off brilliantly and set the tone for the world cup and got us off to great starts in most of the other games even if he didnt get a high score himself. He played for the team as he got us above the rate and the rest just had to come in and not worry about that. Flopped in the final for sure but so did the man im going to talk about next and no one in world football, cricket, rugby, tennis and wwe would have a bad thing to say about this guy.

And this guy is of course the little master, the greatest player to walk on gods green earth and swim in gods blue water Sachin motherfucking Tendulkar. Ive never wanked over a guy but i was close to doing so. Just brilliant. What can i say about him that hasnt been said already. Shame he missed out on the final and didnt get the 100 100s but that will come possibly this summer v England. Cant wait.

I was in tears at the final whistle. When you consider Arsenal are winning f all for some time and have won f all for 6 years, this may be the only chance i get to see a team i support lift a trophy for some time. I was buzzing and the streets were filled with Indians. I had to go play football unfortunately otherwise id have been there singing and getting drunk off our lassis alongside them.

Its a shame England had a shocking winter. Sure they won the Ashes against a piss poor Aussie team but in the trophy that mattered, they came up short. Thats one downside of a great winters cricket.

Syn
25-05-2011, 01:17 AM
:lol:

It was a good WC. India's fielding in the knock-outs is what won them the comp. The new guys (Ashwin, Kohli) and especially Raina alone was saving about 20 runs a game in field. Can't wait for the Windies tour that's right after the ipl.

Btw, there's a cricket movie that's in some cinemas right now; "Fire in Babylon", which tells the story of the West Indies dominance from the mid1970s and 80s. Trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sg3_NIUv7Z0

Looks really good. It's out on DVD on June 8th - I've got my copy pre-ordered.

Titi14
25-05-2011, 01:18 AM
Dont know if Morgan is that great tbh

Ah the World Cup, had so much shit to say during and after it. Damn me and my foolishness to be banned on GW.

Il get to Sehwag in a bit but first the world cup as a whole. Brilliant. Im not saying that just cos India are once again the greatest god damn team ever seen in the history of the game but cos it was entertaining. Compare it to the last World Cup which went on for 17 years, it was brilliant. England, as shit as they were, were entertainingly shit and thats the best shit to be. That Dutch unknown guy who scored a century against England, what an innings. Same with the Irish unknown guy. What an innings. SA choking as usual. NZ with a team of journeymen once again reaching the semis and losing it. Vettori is the best captain in the game for what he does with that team. Aussies :haha: Pakistanis were pretty good but not good enough in the semis. Kudos to SL as well

Now for India, have to start with the captain. MS Dhoni. Didnt have the best of tournaments but imo he played one of the great innings in the final after 2 early wickets fell. He put himself up the order and took the game by the scruff of its neck. Majestic. Zaheer, Harbhajan :bow: As for Sehwag, started off brilliantly and set the tone for the world cup and got us off to great starts in most of the other games even if he didnt get a high score himself. He played for the team as he got us above the rate and the rest just had to come in and not worry about that. Flopped in the final for sure but so did the man im going to talk about next and no one in world football, cricket, rugby, tennis and wwe would have a bad thing to say about this guy.

And this guy is of course the little master, the greatest player to walk on gods green earth and swim in gods blue water Sachin motherfucking Tendulkar. Ive never wanked over a guy but i was close to doing so. Just brilliant. What can i say about him that hasnt been said already. Shame he missed out on the final and didnt get the 100 100s but that will come possibly this summer v England. Cant wait.

I was in tears at the final whistle. When you consider Arsenal are winning f all for some time and have won f all for 6 years, this may be the only chance i get to see a team i support lift a trophy for some time. I was buzzing and the streets were filled with Indians. I had to go play football unfortunately otherwise id have been there singing and getting drunk off our lassis alongside them.

Its a shame England had a shocking winter. Sure they won the Ashes against a piss poor Aussie team but in the trophy that mattered, they came up short. Thats one downside of a great winters cricket.

Good summary that. Especially the Vettori captaincy, a few of the other teams may have achieved a bit more with him.

Cripps_orig
25-05-2011, 01:26 AM
Fleming before him as well. Very good captain.

Anyway on to the cricket now. Pakistan just beat WI in the 2nd Test to draw the series 1-1.

Afridi was sacked as ODI captain after something he said about the board.

Titi14
25-05-2011, 01:33 AM
Indeed, New Zealand just need to produce a few more players of that quality.

Was Afridi criticising management again?

Cripps_orig
26-05-2011, 10:04 AM
Start delayed.

Inspection at 11.10

McNamara That Ghost...
26-05-2011, 12:48 PM
Still no play yet. :lol:

Syn
26-05-2011, 01:15 PM
Cardiff :bow:

:yawn:

Cripps_orig
26-05-2011, 02:43 PM
Play started at half 3.

Tea will be at 4.40

Whats the point in that? :doh:

SL won the toss and bat

11-0

Cripps_orig
26-05-2011, 04:20 PM
50-0

Toronto Gooner
26-05-2011, 04:47 PM
Being this side of the pond, cricket is in short supply. However, we were treated to one sports channel televising a ton of IPL games, which was good. The annoying thing is that the play-off matches are on pay-for-view.

Syn
26-05-2011, 05:23 PM
Being this side of the pond, cricket is in short supply. However, we were treated to one sports channel televising a ton of IPL games, which was good. The annoying thing is that the play-off matches are on pay-for-view.

Are you a big cricket fan, TG? Also have you always lived in Toronto or have you lived here - just curious to know how you would've got into cricket considering it's not at all popular there.

There needs to be a cricket clique. We have all the best kids.

Swann gets Dilshan caught behind - went for a well made 50. SL 93-1 with a couple of overs left till the close.

Toronto Gooner
26-05-2011, 05:31 PM
I would not say that I am a huge fan but I do like cricket.

I have been in Canada since 1987. I had been in Hong Kong for 2 years before that. I am originally from London (Finsbury Park for the first 4 years and then Lower Edmonton). I played cricket from the age of 13 to about 22 at Edmonton Cricket Club, and even played one year for my university. I gave up cricket partly because I was playing a lot of squash and doing a lot of running, and partly because I got fed up with the "back-stabbing" at the club.

Rors
26-05-2011, 05:44 PM
1 wicket down by the end of the night won't be enough, even with the loooooong tail.

Cripps_orig
26-05-2011, 05:59 PM
2 down

Sangakarra gone

Rors
26-05-2011, 06:02 PM
Light's starting to look a bit dodgy now..

Cripps_orig
26-05-2011, 06:06 PM
Parawhatever 47 off 141 balls :doh:

You'd think they'd want to entertain the crowd a bit as they had to sit around in the cold and get wet

Looks like a draw

Rors
26-05-2011, 06:12 PM
..And then the sun comes out :lol:

Rors
26-05-2011, 06:14 PM
Parawhatever 47 off 141 balls :doh:

You'd think they'd want to entertain the crowd a bit as they had to sit around in the cold and get wet

Looks like a draw

Giving it a bit of a bash now - 50 up

Rors
26-05-2011, 06:23 PM
133-2. Pretty even, but I think SL will be the happier, despite the low-ish run-rate

McNamara That Ghost...
26-05-2011, 10:07 PM
Unless we have an insane day like Lord's 2005, this one is going for a draw.

Titi14
26-05-2011, 11:55 PM
Unless we have an insane day like Lord's 2005, this one is going for a draw.

I think you may be right there although I can see Sri Lanka maybe collapsing 2nd innings (or England in either innings for that matter).

Syn
26-05-2011, 11:58 PM
I think 4 full days (a day for each innings) is a fair enough time for a result on an English wicket (although some grounds are better batting tracks than others). Cardiff's a decent wicket though.

In any case, draw is the likely outcome also partly because it's supposed to piss down again tomorrow. Murali and Malinga having retired surely must have weakened the Sri Lankan bowling attack considerably. I don't fancy their chances of taking 20 wickets a test match against England.

Cripps_orig
26-05-2011, 11:59 PM
WTF has happened to Mendis? Is he injured or is he just shit now?

Titi14
27-05-2011, 12:16 AM
WTF has happened to Mendis? Is he injured or is he just shit now?

What I was thinking. Maybe he has lost that surprise factor that he had when he first appeared.

Cripps_orig
27-05-2011, 12:08 PM
207-4 at lunch

Anderson and Tremlett got the 2 wickets this session

Cripps_orig
27-05-2011, 12:09 PM
From Anonymous (please remember to stick your name on your texts): "Last summer we were coasting to a win needing eight more, a mate of mine needs two for his maiden century but the captain who had been in for 40 overs and scored 17 suddenly decided now was the time to accelerate and promptly hit two boundaries to stop my mate from getting the century."

McNamara That Ghost...
27-05-2011, 01:08 PM
243-5 at the moment, Anderson just got Samaraweera.

:scarf:

Syn
27-05-2011, 02:44 PM
Anderson's got a back problem and can't bowl.

SL 316-6. Both batsman look very settled but it might take them a while to get in again after tea. Still a batting track but more bounce in it for Tremlett.

Syn
27-05-2011, 04:34 PM
Rors was right about the long tail. SL go from 397-7 to 400 all out.

Although it's a good score if England can get to close without losing a wicket, I think the match will be even and we'd go increasingly likely towards a draw.

Fancy Strauss to get a ton.

Cripps_orig
27-05-2011, 06:27 PM
47-1 at the close

Strauss gone for 20

Anderson in as night watchman :rolleyes:

So looks like a good confidence for the SL bowlers in the morning then

Cripps_orig
28-05-2011, 10:22 AM
Start delayed

Draw it is

Cripps_orig
28-05-2011, 01:22 PM
Play started at 2pm

As expected, Anderson is gone already

McNamara That Ghost...
28-05-2011, 01:26 PM
Nightwatchman. :lol:

Cripps_orig
28-05-2011, 01:27 PM
Nasser and Atherton critisising the night watchman BS :bow:

McNamara That Ghost...
28-05-2011, 01:30 PM
It really is about time we stopped with it.

McNamara That Ghost...
28-05-2011, 02:56 PM
I think I just saw Rey Mysterio there.

:unsure:

McNamara That Ghost...
28-05-2011, 05:18 PM
Cook gets his century. :bow:

McNamara That Ghost...
28-05-2011, 05:36 PM
And Trott gets his century too. :bow:

McNamara That Ghost...
28-05-2011, 06:19 PM
England are 287-2 at the close of play.

Slacker
28-05-2011, 09:21 PM
What's the odds for a draw? Gotta be worth a punt. A couple of quid surely?

Titi14
28-05-2011, 10:05 PM
Great day at the cricket today for £20! Trott really is a class act although Sri Lanka don't really have a bowling attack. And great to see Cook carrying on in Test cricket as he left it. Get to 600 by the end of day 4, bowl SL out for 140, England win. Simple.

McNamara That Ghost...
29-05-2011, 05:32 PM
England are on 450-4 now so I don't think it's likely they'll get a lead of anything more than 90 by the end of today's play.

Pietersen managed a stunning knock of 3.

McNamara That Ghost...
29-05-2011, 05:43 PM
Trott gets his 200. :bow:

McNamara That Ghost...
29-05-2011, 05:53 PM
465-5, Trott finally goes.

McNamara That Ghost...
29-05-2011, 06:17 PM
England lead by 91 at the close of play. :lol:

Cripps_orig
29-05-2011, 07:14 PM
Trott playing for himself again.

No wonder his average is brilliant.

Just have SSN on and they are still talking about a possible victory :lol:

Cripps_orig
30-05-2011, 02:00 PM
1449 Commentary
So the denouement of five rain-splattered, plastic-covered first Test match of the summer comes to this...19 paying spectators. We are in serious danger of starting play with more people on the pitch than in the stands. No, it's not an average gate for Glamorgan - it's England. Against the fourth-best Test team in the world. There were more spectactors watching Bushey under-nines against their West Herts counterparts on Friday. And you didn't have to pay £40 for the privilege either.

Tests :rose:

Its time the format for Tests were changed. For example you can still have 2 innings but limit the amount of overs in an innings. For all the rain this Test has suffered, there have been enough overs bowled to warrant a result had players been forced to play quicker instead of making sure their average looked good.

50 overs an innings and watch Tests rise again from the ashes and be popular once more.

The way it is now, its deader than an Arsenal title challenge in mind april

Cripps_orig
30-05-2011, 02:55 PM
England 496-5 declared

Bell got his century

SL were 6-2 at one stage. Tremlett with both the wickets.

21-2 atm

Cripps_orig
30-05-2011, 03:43 PM
34-3

Tremlett again

Cripps_orig
30-05-2011, 03:56 PM
42-4

Swann with the wicket.

Sangawhatever is still there. Get him and you never know

McNamara That Ghost...
30-05-2011, 03:58 PM
43-6 now.

:haha:

Cripps_orig
30-05-2011, 03:58 PM
And there he goes

43-5

Swann with his 2nd.

Can England win it?

Cripps_orig
30-05-2011, 03:59 PM
6 now

McNamara That Ghost...
30-05-2011, 04:01 PM
43-7 after review. :haha:

Cripps_orig
30-05-2011, 04:03 PM
Tests :bow:

Its good the footballs done with. Can watch this now

McNamara That Ghost...
30-05-2011, 04:07 PM
52-8!

Swann. :bow:

Ollie the Optimist
30-05-2011, 04:10 PM
tests :bow:

ach you've had a shocker here son

Cripps_orig
30-05-2011, 04:12 PM
tests :bow:

ach you've had a shocker here son
I sure have. All those thousands of people in the crowd watching this makes me looks foolish....

31 overs to get 2 wickets

Should win it and hopefully soon. Cba watching this for too long

McNamara That Ghost...
30-05-2011, 04:15 PM
It's free entry currently.

Ollie the Optimist
30-05-2011, 04:16 PM
I sure have. All those thousands of people in the crowd watching this makes me looks foolish....

31 overs to get 2 wickets

Should win it and hopefully soon. Cba watching this for too long

dont try and wum it here, its quite clear that tests are on the up again after this years ashes and days like this will go a long way to helping. ipl figures down this year, some players turing it down to play tests, bopara etc. people bored now of hit and run and want proper cricket

Cripps_orig
30-05-2011, 04:18 PM
I agree.

The crowd today backs up your argument as did the crowds during the Ashes

Hasnt SL best bowler Malinga retired from Tests so he can play in limited over games?

What an idiot. Tests are clearly on the up. So much interest in it

Cripps_orig
30-05-2011, 04:21 PM
England fielders :lol:

Collided with each other

Ollie the Optimist
30-05-2011, 04:23 PM
I agree.

The crowd today backs up your argument as did the crowds during the Ashes

Hasnt SL best bowler Malinga retired from Tests so he can play in limited over games?

What an idiot. Tests are clearly on the up. So much interest in it

yeah cos 20,000 brits didnt spend thousands of pounds to fly out to australia to watch the tests!

oh and waht did 99% of english fans want this summer? an ODI world cup or test series victory in australia?

Cripps_orig
30-05-2011, 04:30 PM
yeah cos 20,000 brits didnt spend thousands of pounds to fly out to australia to watch the tests!

oh and waht did 99% of english fans want this summer? an ODI world cup or test series victory in australia?

If you had asked that question before the Ashes. No doubt the answer would be the world cup.

Ask it now and its the Ashes.

Only cos they actually win the Ashes and flopped at the world cup.

The stadiums were practically empty for the last 2 maybe 3 Tests of the Ashes. Hardly an Aussie to be seen.

Fact of the matter is, England won a Test series. yay. Teams do that every series.

When it matters, they flopped. World Cups come along every 4 years and especially after their T20 win last year, they would have wanted the big one.

A shocking winter when all is said and done for England.

Put it anyway you want it. You just had to look at the faces of those players when they landed back in England. Those faces to me didnt seem like they had a good winter.

Anyway back to the matter at hand, 9 down

McNamara That Ghost...
30-05-2011, 04:30 PM
82-9, great catch from Bell.

McNamara That Ghost...
30-05-2011, 04:32 PM
England win!

:bow:

Cripps_orig
30-05-2011, 04:32 PM
Its over

England won :lol:

Cripps_orig
30-05-2011, 04:34 PM
Anderson will miss the 2nd Test.

Whos likely to come in?

Ollie the Optimist
30-05-2011, 04:36 PM
england :bow:

Cook :bow:

Trott :bow:

Syn
30-05-2011, 04:39 PM
Fantastic pace bowling by Tremlett. Excellent consistency.

Great win by England.

Ollie the Optimist
30-05-2011, 04:40 PM
If you had asked that question before the Ashes. No doubt the answer would be the world cup.

Ask it now and its the Ashes.

Only cos they actually win the Ashes and flopped at the world cup.

The stadiums were practically empty for the last 2 maybe 3 Tests of the Ashes. Hardly an Aussie to be seen.

Fact of the matter is, England won a Test series. yay. Teams do that every series.

When it matters, they flopped. World Cups come along every 4 years and especially after their T20 win last year, they would have wanted the big one.

A shocking winter when all is said and done for England.

Put it anyway you want it. You just had to look at the faces of those players when they landed back in England. Those faces to me didnt seem like they had a good winter.

Anyway back to the matter at hand, 9 down

am just going to laugh at that cos thats all i can do. biggest load of shit i have heard.

Cripps_orig
30-05-2011, 04:42 PM
Indeed, so much BS

http://www.topnews.in/sports/cricket-australia-may-lose-upto-20-million-dollars-due-poor-ashes-spectator-attendance-214171

Ollie :rose:

New board, same old Ollie :bow:

Still being pwned by Ach

McNamara That Ghost...
30-05-2011, 04:43 PM
Let's try not to have the same arguments we used to have. Or at least have a test vs ODI thread so this one can be left alone from it. We can ban people from threads now.

Cripps_orig
30-05-2011, 04:44 PM
Let's try not to have the same arguments we used to have. Or at least have a test vs ODI thread so this one can be left alone from it. We can ban people from threads now.

:good:

Back to this Test series, Finn in for the 2nd Test?

Cripps_orig
30-05-2011, 04:46 PM
Srinath is there :bow:

What a bowler he was

McNamara That Ghost...
30-05-2011, 04:47 PM

Back to this Test series, Finn in for the 2nd Test?

I hope so, I quite like the guy. Thought it was harsh on him to be dropped during the Ashes but they did get it right I suppose.

Cripps_orig
30-05-2011, 04:50 PM
He was the leading wicket taker for England in the series before he was dropped?

Extremely harsh.

Titi14
30-05-2011, 05:14 PM
I think you may be right there although I can see Sri Lanka maybe collapsing 2nd innings

:gp:

Cripps_orig
30-05-2011, 05:18 PM
1456 Commentary

In between reading Tom Fordyce's execellent piece on Kevin Pietersen and his left-arm kryptonite (http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/tomfordyce/2011/05/kp_meets_his_kryptonite_again.html), searching for drumkits for seven-year-olds and wondering whether it's possible to hear your arteries clog up while eating the bodyweight of the said seven-year-old in thick-cut, ridge-based crisps, we have 55 overs of cricket to play. Yes, 55 overs. Fifty-five overs of the most pointless Test cricket you will ever see. Keep me sane people...

At the start of play

Hes been ripped on the BBC

Titi14
30-05-2011, 05:25 PM
At the start of play

Hes been ripped on the BBC

He's the reason England won. Would never have happened had he not said that.

Ollie the Optimist
30-05-2011, 06:56 PM
He was the leading wicket taker for England in the series before he was dropped?

Extremely harsh.

no really, he was going for the most runs. was dropped for bresnan who came in and conceded fuck all runs and got wickets. inspired decision

Cripps_orig
30-05-2011, 07:48 PM
Upul Tharanga has failed a drugs test taken during the World Cup.

Hes not in the SL squad touring England

Cripps_orig
31-05-2011, 06:11 PM
More shenanigans concerning Pakistan.

Afridi has been suspended by the board for his comments on them.

Afridi has since retired from Internationals but has said he will play again if a new board comes in

Cripps_orig
03-06-2011, 01:34 PM
England batted first

3 quick wickets went. Strauss, Trott and KP and they were 20 odd for 3

Cook and Bell have rebuilt somewhat

118-3

Cook has another 50, Bell on 47

Cripps_orig
03-06-2011, 01:58 PM
Bell gone

132-4

Cripps_orig
04-06-2011, 10:23 AM
England were 342-6 at the close

368-6 atm

Prior in the 80s

McNamara That Ghost...
04-06-2011, 10:34 AM
Broad gets his 50. :bow:

McNamara That Ghost...
04-06-2011, 10:37 AM
And Prior gets his century.

:scarf:

McNamara That Ghost...
04-06-2011, 10:41 AM
410-7, Broad goes.

McNamara That Ghost...
04-06-2011, 10:46 AM
414-8 , Swann goes. :lol:

Rors
04-06-2011, 10:48 AM
Might as well just 'B' the way to the end of the innings now :bow:

McNamara That Ghost...
04-06-2011, 11:28 AM
It'll have to be up to Tremlett. Prior is bowled on 126.

McNamara That Ghost...
04-06-2011, 12:00 PM
England all out for 486.

Cripps_orig
04-06-2011, 02:09 PM
SL 66-0

Parsajdhksjdhaksjdh was dropped by Cook. Very easy as well. Bring Colly back

Syn
04-06-2011, 02:37 PM
The west Indians playing India in twenty20 on the red button cripps. 48-3 India, worlds best batsman kohli is gone and had thus ended my interest in the game.

Syn
04-06-2011, 03:39 PM
India struggle to 159 off their 20 overs.

More interestingly SL 137-0. Dilshan races to a lucky 80* off 92 balls...and just as I type that, Prior drops Dilshan. Swann bowling well.

Cripps_orig
04-06-2011, 05:49 PM
231-1 at the close.

Cripps_orig
05-06-2011, 01:32 AM
India won by 16 runs

Strength in depth in their squad :bow:

Rors
05-06-2011, 09:41 AM
This is where the four-bowlers-limit England seem to want to set themselves with could come back to haunt them. If your top-liners know that in both innings they're going to have to turn their arms for a good 30-overs a piece..that's gonna leave a mark. Not sure which one of the batsmen you'd drop (well, I know who I'd like to drop...), but the current setup just looks a bit uneven for a full test series.

Rors
05-06-2011, 09:47 AM
Slip-catching masterclass with the commentary team on now. Glad that Nick Knight has been promoted to the test-team, an excellent commentator and analyst. If only it could have been at the expense of Bumble...

Rors
05-06-2011, 11:04 AM
And now KP Is called upon for a trundler or two. QED.

284-1 currently

Rors
05-06-2011, 11:13 AM
Sangakkara goes - good stuff from Tremlett again. He knows how to use the Lords' slope

McNamara That Ghost...
05-06-2011, 11:28 AM
Dilshan is getting closer to his 200 though.

McNamara That Ghost...
05-06-2011, 12:05 PM
Sri Lanka are 344-2 at lunch.

McNamara That Ghost...
05-06-2011, 12:12 PM
Beefy isn't happy. :lol:

McNamara That Ghost...
05-06-2011, 12:14 PM
A piece about Burnley now on Club Life. :d

Syn
05-06-2011, 12:32 PM
Slip-catching masterclass with the commentary team on now. Glad that Nick Knight has been promoted to the test-team, an excellent commentator and analyst. If only it could have been at the expense of Bumble...

I agree. Always liked Nick Knight. He was a better player than his international stats suggested. A bit like Graeme Hick in that sense.

Syn
05-06-2011, 01:19 PM
Dilshit gone. :partytime:

Doesn't get to 200. Bowled for 193.

McNamara That Ghost...
05-06-2011, 01:21 PM
:dance:

Cripps_orig
05-06-2011, 01:56 PM
Rain stops play

Cripps_orig
05-06-2011, 02:50 PM
They came back out after an early tea and now bad light stops play and yes the floodlights are on :doh:

BBC Test Match Special's Geoff Boycott
"I do feel that sometimes we don't think enough of the public. They pay a lot of money to come here and they see the floodlights come on and then the players go off - so what's the point of having floodlights on? We've all batted in poor light, but that's the luck of the draw, that's why there's a toss at the start and we should just get on with it."

Boycott :bow:

Cripps_orig
05-06-2011, 09:31 PM
372-3 at the close

Rain and bad light disrupted play after tea

Cripps_orig
06-06-2011, 10:13 AM
Rain delays the start of play

Pitch inspection at half 11

Looks like a draw

Cripps_orig
06-06-2011, 12:42 PM
Jayawardena gone for 49

394-4

More importantly, WI v India ODI on Sky Sports 2 at 2pm

Cripps_orig
06-06-2011, 12:46 PM
394-5

Yoss gone

Cripps_orig
06-06-2011, 12:59 PM
WI win the toss and bat.

New look India team for their first ODI match since the final.

No Sachin, Zaheer, Dhoni, Sehwag, Yuvraj and a couple more.

Raina captains the side

Cripps_orig
06-06-2011, 01:03 PM
2 wides in the first 3 balls from Kumar and a boundary off the 4th.

Not a good start

Cripps_orig
06-06-2011, 01:16 PM
Sharma drops one at slip.

Was simple as well

Cripps_orig
06-06-2011, 01:26 PM
6th wicket down for SL

Cripps_orig
06-06-2011, 01:30 PM
WI 23-1

Simmons gone

Cripps_orig
06-06-2011, 01:37 PM
28-2

Munaf :bow:

Sharma held on this time

Darren Bravo gone

Cripps_orig
06-06-2011, 02:34 PM
SL all out for 479

Cripps_orig
06-06-2011, 02:46 PM
Strauss gone

0-1

Cripps_orig
06-06-2011, 03:17 PM
18-1 at tea

Back to the ODI, 125-3 for WI

Going far too slow for my liking

Cripps_orig
06-06-2011, 06:04 PM
136-2 for England

Trott got 58 but is gone

Cook and KP in the middle now

Cook on 56

McNamara That Ghost...
06-06-2011, 07:21 PM
Maybe a chance for a win but it'll need Sri Lanka to collapse impressively again I guess.

McNamara That Ghost...
07-06-2011, 01:24 PM
England are 319-6 at the moment. Cook got another century. :bow:

Cripps_orig
07-06-2011, 01:26 PM
KP got 70 odd :bow:

Hes back

Anyway its a draw

McNamara That Ghost...
07-06-2011, 01:43 PM
KP was out to another ball of the century apparently.

England declare on 355-7. Dilshan will only bat if absolutely necessary.

Cripps_orig
07-06-2011, 01:59 PM
Yup.

It was an excellent delivery from Yoss to get KP.

Lots of spin.

Very much like Warne to Gatting

Cripps_orig
07-06-2011, 02:07 PM
SL 13-1

Sangakarra gone

:popcorn:

Syn
07-06-2011, 02:40 PM
I'm kinda hoping England get them 9 down and don't manage to finish it off. That was a far too delayed declaration. That's the difference between winners like India and England - Dhoni would declared at a 250 lead, tempting the opposition to get those runs and then got straight at the opposition.

Cripps_orig
07-06-2011, 03:05 PM
There was a smashed dressing room window after Prior was run out.

Syn
07-06-2011, 03:47 PM
Prior was the one who smashed it (Richard Keys :bow: ). A female spectator was cut by the glass.

Prior :lol:

Who the fuck is he tbh.

http://p.imgci.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/133800/133867.jpg

IBK
07-06-2011, 04:05 PM
I'm kinda hoping England get them 9 down and don't manage to finish it off. That was a far too delayed declaration. That's the difference between winners like India and England - Dhoni would declared at a 250 lead, tempting the opposition to get those runs and then got straight at the opposition.

Disagree to a degree. It was a conservative declaration, but its a 3 match series and we didn't have to force the win. I'm hoping that both SL innings send out a message to the England bowlers that they might have strength in depth, but they need to focus more and not simply think they can just turn up to win a test match.

Syn
07-06-2011, 04:13 PM
Disagree to a degree. It was a conservative declaration, but its a 3 match series and we didn't have to force the win. I'm hoping that both SL innings send out a message to the England bowlers that they might have strength in depth, but they need to focus more and not simply think they can just turn up to win a test match.

Top teams are aggressive and attacking. They don't just want to win the series 1-0, they want to whitewash teams. I know England have had some bad luck with the rain but nevertheless, given the situation, I don't think there was any need to bat on for the extra 100 runs. Sri Lanka were never getting there with some decent English bowling.

Cripps_orig
07-06-2011, 04:36 PM
107-3

Trott just got a wicket

Cripps_orig
07-06-2011, 05:09 PM
Ends as a draw

Pretty dull

IBK
08-06-2011, 08:46 AM
Top teams are aggressive and attacking. They don't just want to win the series 1-0, they want to whitewash teams. I know England have had some bad luck with the rain but nevertheless, given the situation, I don't think there was any need to bat on for the extra 100 runs. Sri Lanka were never getting there with some decent English bowling.

Last three words are the key ones, though. England's bowlers were just not on form throughout this match. We do have some strength in depth, but we only have 2 real leaders, Anderson and Swann. We did not show sufficient consistency (says it all when our best bowler, Finn, was also our most erratic) for the captain to place trust in them to take wickets without conceding a lot of runs.

We can criticise this England team, but they haven't lost a test series since 2009, and they have shown on a number of occasions that they can be ruthless when necessary. Although 3rd in the test rankings, they are only a hair's breadth behind the Saffers. Of course the acid test will be India later in the Summer, but I think that too much can be read into a cautious decision by a naturally conservative captain who has been let down by his bowlers for 3 out of 4 days.

Ollie the Optimist
08-06-2011, 11:57 AM
this ali cook bloke is quite good at this batting thing

Cook :bow:

Essex :bow:

Cripps_orig
08-06-2011, 12:31 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/mobile/cricket/13680738.stm

Good move. Changes need to be made but hopefully this isn't the only change.

Boycott is spot on

Syn
08-06-2011, 09:28 PM
India Reserves win again. Played 3, won 3 against the Windies. Kohli with a well made 81 got them home comfortably. Hope WI put up a better fight soon because this is a pointless exercise atm.

Syn
08-06-2011, 09:29 PM
Last three words are the key ones, though. England's bowlers were just not on form throughout this match. We do have some strength in depth, but we only have 2 real leaders, Anderson and Swann. We did not show sufficient consistency (says it all when our best bowler, Finn, was also our most erratic) for the captain to place trust in them to take wickets without conceding a lot of runs.

We can criticise this England team, but they haven't lost a test series since 2009, and they have shown on a number of occasions that they can be ruthless when necessary. Although 3rd in the test rankings, they are only a hair's breadth behind the Saffers. Of course the acid test will be India later in the Summer, but I think that too much can be read into a cautious decision by a naturally conservative captain who has been let down by his bowlers for 3 out of 4 days.

Cripps_orig
08-06-2011, 11:40 PM
Watched a bit of the WI innings and they were 170-2 with Samuels smacking it around when I had to go out. Pretty surprised they only got 240. Harbhajan had a shocker

Cripps_orig
09-06-2011, 12:43 PM
Jayasuriya called up by SL for the ODIs

However, SSN has just said Jayasuriya has just confirmed he will play in the one T20 game and the first ODI and then retire from all forms of the game

Cripps_orig
09-06-2011, 07:24 PM
MCC says the pink ball will probably come in to Tests soon and will help save the game

Their words, not mine

Boss
10-06-2011, 07:45 AM
India :bow: :bow: :bow:

Syn
10-06-2011, 07:25 PM
India block use of the decision review system for the England India test matches. Poor umpiring ftw :rolleyes:

Cripps_orig
11-06-2011, 09:08 PM
India beat WI by 3 wickets and win the series

Cripps_orig
11-06-2011, 09:14 PM
India block use of the decision review system for the England India test matches. Poor umpiring ftw :rolleyes:

Just seen highlights of the 3rd ODI which also doesnt have the review system and Kohli was out lbw first ball even though the ball was missing the stumps down legside by miles.

Bet they wish they had the review system then

Syn
11-06-2011, 10:07 PM
Just blitz'd through the game at x30 speed. That Kohli lbw was a shocking decision. Wasn't even close and anyone should be able to see it was going down leg. Needless shots from Raina and Pathan but a mature innings from R.Sharma saved the day. Series wrapped up 3-0 with 2 to play - some of the benchwarmers to get a go in the last 2.

Was playing club cric all day. Came in no.6 and hit 41 off 39. My first innings with my new MRF. When you middle 'em, they stay middled. Fuck yeah.

Cripps_orig
13-06-2011, 04:29 PM
Watching the 4th ODI atm

WI look set for a 250+ total at last.

240-6 off 48 overs right now. Pollard went a bit nuts but hes gone now so Russell is doing likewise

Cripps_orig
13-06-2011, 04:45 PM
Then again maybe not

249-8 off the 50 overs

Cripps_orig
13-06-2011, 08:06 PM
WI win by 103 runs

Far too many changes from India.

This wasnt even their B team. Their C team more like

Cripps_orig
14-06-2011, 11:45 AM
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/cricket/3635446/Graeme-Swann-Alastair-Cook-and-Jonathan-Trott-send-me-to-sleep.html

Absolutely spot on

Swann :bow:

Testicles :pal:

Cripps_orig
16-06-2011, 09:59 AM
Rain delays start of play

Cripps_orig
16-06-2011, 10:19 AM
The forecast is awful for the next few days as well so id say a draw is likely

Cripps_orig
16-06-2011, 10:27 AM
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/cricket/3637633/Alastair-Cook-No-repeat-of-Lords-slow-go.html

Exactly what ive said

Played for himself and not for the team and he realises it

Cripps_orig
16-06-2011, 10:30 AM
Play to start at 12.15 despite it not raining right now and the covers are off so why they want to waste another 45 minutes waiting around, i have no idea.

Lunch at half 1

Cripps_orig
16-06-2011, 11:49 AM
England won the toss and field

Finn dropped :doh:

Broad stays in :doh:

Aleem Dar had a bit of a shocker as he missed a clear edge that Yoss made. No idea why England didnt refer it though so Strauss had a shocker as well

14-0 off 7 overs

Very boring bar that one incident

Looks like they did refer it but the 3rd umpire isnt allowed to use Snicko which clearly showed an edge.

Cripps_orig
16-06-2011, 12:16 PM
23-1

Yoss gone for 10, bowled Anderson, Caught Strauss

Syn
16-06-2011, 01:01 PM
Anderson is a brilliant bowler. Must be up there with Steyn as the best pace bowler in the world right now. Very hard to pick up whether he's swinging it away or back in, and he fires them in at 85mph+. Incredibly hard to bat against.

The champions are in action in an hour. An awful performance in the last game but I reckon they'll finish the series off 4-1. Kohli (the most technically gifted batsman in history) to get a ton on a bouncy Jamaica wicket.

Cripps_orig
16-06-2011, 02:45 PM
29-3

Yoss the opener out lbw bowled Tremlett

Yoss the captain caught Prior bowled Anderson

Cripps_orig
16-06-2011, 02:56 PM
Rain stops play.

Tea taken

29-3

Cripps_orig
16-06-2011, 04:36 PM
Kohli run out for 94

His own fault as he called for it

India 189-4

Syn
16-06-2011, 04:45 PM
FFS. There was never a second run there.

Raina has been very disappointing. And the rest of the IPL idiots can fuck right off. Village filth.

Cripps_orig
16-06-2011, 07:34 PM
SL 81-4 at the close

Marc Overmars
16-06-2011, 07:41 PM
Are fans entitled to refunds if so much of the day is rained off?

Cripps_orig
16-06-2011, 07:46 PM
Are fans entitled to refunds if so much of the day is rained off?

Im not sure.

I think if there are a certain amount of overs bowled then no they arent.

No idea what that amount is though.

Anyway on to more important stuff, India got 251

WI 68-2

PGFC
17-06-2011, 12:57 PM
Tremlett gets a 5'fer, first on the board at the Rosebowl :bow:

Cripps_orig
17-06-2011, 01:11 PM
124-7

Anderson has the other 2 wickets

Broad as usual is awful.

Surely the end of a miserable Test Career for him?

Cripps_orig
17-06-2011, 01:45 PM
Someone explain the following to me.

Anderson bowls, appeals for an LBW which is given not out so its referred. It clearly shows the ball hitting the stumps, the top of leg stump admittedly but still the stumps and its been given not out by the 3rd umpire.

McNamara That Ghost...
17-06-2011, 01:48 PM
Did it pitch outside? Or it might go to the on-field call if it is a marginal decision.

Cripps_orig
17-06-2011, 01:51 PM
It was pitched onside.

I think it was the latter.

Cripps_orig
17-06-2011, 01:53 PM
8th wicket gone

Decent partnership going on, Swann comes on for the first time this test match and 2 balls later, he has the wicket.

Broad :haha:

Cripps_orig
17-06-2011, 01:58 PM
166-9

Tremlett has 6

McNamara That Ghost...
17-06-2011, 05:05 PM
No play since. Hmmm.

Japan Shaking All Over
18-06-2011, 05:49 AM
11 more runs - end of play 177

lets get this last one quick and result is on

Cripps_orig
18-06-2011, 11:53 AM
SL all out for 180 odd

Strauss and Trott already gone for England

McNamara That Ghost...
18-06-2011, 12:00 PM
England are 54-2 at lunch.

Cripps_orig
18-06-2011, 05:05 PM
120-3

Cook gone for 55

Thank fuck. Very boring player.

McNamara That Ghost...
18-06-2011, 06:15 PM
Pietersen is still in, on 78 at the moment. Hope he goes on to get his century, it has been a long time coming, he probably won't get it today though.

Syn
18-06-2011, 06:26 PM
Looks in very good touch, Pietersen. Played some lovely on-drives today. I forgot how stylish a player he is when he's set.

I don't think Cook is boring to watch. He's technically very sound and his cover drives are flawless. But he is a very orthodox player whereas Pietersen can be quite inventive and has more flair.

Cook's definitely the best batsman in the England side. 18 Test centuries in his 5 years of Int. cricket is phenomenal. Trott and Cook are by far the stand out batsmen in the side. Strauss is good but nothing special. Unconvinced by Bell so far.

Cripps_orig
18-06-2011, 06:57 PM
When Swann, Cooks team mate, says he bores the hell out of him as does Trott then I'd say he's dull. When Cook himself admits his slow batting cost England in the last Test then that just guarantees its tbh. Anyway Bell has been in excellent form as well over the last year and half and is a far more entertaining player than Cook or Trott so he's more vital tbh.

Back to the match, KP was out on 85. Anderson as expected comes in as night watchman

Rors
19-06-2011, 10:20 AM
213-4 at time of typing. Jimbo having a whale of a time out there :bow:

Rors
19-06-2011, 10:42 AM
They've got no answer to his extra-cover drive. 27 and counting!

Rors
19-06-2011, 10:44 AM
And then he goes next ball :lol:

McNamara That Ghost...
19-06-2011, 10:46 AM
Cameo role.

:bow:

Japan Shaking All Over
19-06-2011, 10:57 AM
just checked the scorecard

I know others have done so already but got to give the guy props

Anderson:bow:

how much do we declare on? thats if we dont suddenly get skittled!!

Rors
19-06-2011, 11:36 AM
I think Eng need to try and hang around until just after tea - assuming it stays dry all day. Get Swann-y on early in the dying light with the pitch starting to do things, then get the quicks to polish it off early tomorrow. Easy.

:unsure:

Cripps_orig
19-06-2011, 11:44 AM
Forecast is rain tomorrow.

If they are going to win it, they need to get as close to it as possible today.

It would help if Bell and Morgan actually scored quick runs and not left or blocked every other ball.

Batsmen, not the brightest are they?

Cripps_orig
19-06-2011, 01:19 PM
333-5

Bell on 98, Morgan on 48

Rors
19-06-2011, 01:26 PM
There's Bell-y's century. As we're known to say around here, never doubted him. ;)

Cripps_orig
19-06-2011, 01:26 PM
Morgan gets his 50

Bell has his 100

The latters in great form. I think hes averaging 90 odd in his last 10 Tests

Cripps_orig
19-06-2011, 01:31 PM
Cant remember the last time SL toured here or we went there but how did we do against them when they had a bowling attack of Vaas, Murali, Jayasuriya and Malinga?

Their attack now is piss poor

Cripps_orig
19-06-2011, 01:42 PM
Morgan given out LBW, referred, ball was just pitching offline so decision reversed.

Very close though.

Cripps_orig
19-06-2011, 01:49 PM
England have been smacking it around since the drinks break.

Clearly a message sent to the guys in the middle

Cripps_orig
19-06-2011, 01:53 PM
Morgan gone for 71

Cripps_orig
19-06-2011, 01:57 PM
Prior gone 2nd ball

Cripps_orig
19-06-2011, 02:06 PM
Broad gone

377-8 declared

Rors
19-06-2011, 02:15 PM
Looking gloomy out there. Hit the ground running!

McNamara That Ghost...
19-06-2011, 02:19 PM
Well done Bell. Must've been inspired by McLeish's appointment. :good:

Also, hmmm a draw is still likely. This test series easily could've been 0-0. :lol:

Rors
19-06-2011, 03:35 PM
Paranavitana gone. Jimbo :bow:

It's as dark as a pig's proverbials out there at the moment though.

McNamara That Ghost...
19-06-2011, 04:08 PM
Yeah I doubt Sri Lanka will battle along.

Japan Shaking All Over
19-06-2011, 04:23 PM
Englnd to have one session tmw to win the match

Rors
19-06-2011, 05:16 PM
86-2..

Here comes KP :wacko:

Cripps_orig
19-06-2011, 07:27 PM
112-3 at the close

Cripps_orig
20-06-2011, 11:36 AM
198-4

Sangakarra still there.

SL lead by 5

Syn
20-06-2011, 11:38 AM
The champions are in action today. 1st Test. Dravid, Laxman and Dhoni in. A few villagers out. Mukund, M Vijay, Dravid, Virat Kohli, VVS Laxman, Suresh Raina, Dhoni, Harbhajan Singh, I Sharma, Praveen Kumar, Munaf Patel.

Epic middle order, shit everything else. Come on cricket.

Cripps_orig
20-06-2011, 11:41 AM
Is Sachin out for the whole tour of the Windies?

Would be good to see him making his 100th 100 in this country

Syn
20-06-2011, 11:49 AM
Is Sachin out for the whole tour of the Windies?

Would be good to see him making his 100th 100 in this country

Yup, it would've been nice. But tbf, if God says he wants a rest, then let him have a rest ffs. He'll get a few tons over here in England so no worries.

But the new Tendulkar plays his first Test today. Kohli will go on to become one of the greats, no doubt.

Cripps_orig
20-06-2011, 11:53 AM
Tennis and/or Cricket all day

Mondays :bow:

Syn
20-06-2011, 11:59 AM
What you are bowing to is in fact nice sunshine and no rain.

Remember how you did that.

Cripps_orig
20-06-2011, 12:01 PM
What you are bowing to is in fact nice sunshine and no rain.

Remember how you did that.

The weathers alright today. No heat and thats all that matters

Cripps_orig
20-06-2011, 12:02 PM
226-4 at lunch

SL lead by 33

Sanga on 89

Syn
20-06-2011, 01:46 PM
Sangakkara finally gets to a ton. Very well played. Probably the best innings of the series given the context.

Sri Lanka 91 runs ahead and with quite a few wickets in hand. Maybe they were the ones who have been robbed by the rain in this test? If they could manage 150 more runs with the 6 wickets they have, I wouldn't back any team to chase down 250 on the final day of a Test match.

Cripps_orig
20-06-2011, 02:46 PM
334-5 at tea

Sangakarra gone for 119, Anderson got the wicket

Samarawhatever still there in his 80s

Cripps_orig
20-06-2011, 03:01 PM
Raining again so Sky have gone to the main series going on at the moment

Windies v India

India batting.

Cripps_orig
20-06-2011, 03:05 PM
Who the hell are these openers?

Where the hell are Sehwag and Gambhir?

Hoping we see the big names back for the England tour

Syn
20-06-2011, 03:15 PM
Sehwag, Gambhir, Tendulkar, Yuvraj, Zaheer Khan and Sreesanth all have slight injuries or are resting. All will be back for England.

Mukund is a very promising player - quite highly rated for a 21 years old. Murali Vijay has played for India before. Scored a test hundred against the Aussies last year.

Cripps_orig
20-06-2011, 03:18 PM
Vijay i know of.

Never heard of Mukund though. Lets see how he does.

Think this is his Test debut. Could be the new Sehwag. Hope so

Cripps_orig
20-06-2011, 03:19 PM
15-1

Vijay gone

Syn
20-06-2011, 03:19 PM
Vijay gone.

Fucking IPL muppet.

Here comes the big man.

Syn
20-06-2011, 04:14 PM
Bloody hell, both the newbies gone. 37-2. VVS has to come in already and joins Dravid. So a 38 year old and a 36 year old at the crease to try to steady the ship once again.

Cripps_orig
20-06-2011, 04:15 PM
37-2

Mukund gone

Down to the old guard now

Cripps_orig
20-06-2011, 04:19 PM
England and SL draw

England win the series 1-0

Tremlett man of the series

McNamara That Ghost...
20-06-2011, 06:07 PM
India are 100-6 at the moment. :unsure:

Cripps_orig
20-06-2011, 06:34 PM
To be expected tbh

It is the land of Bucknor we are playing and we were screwed more times by him than anyone

Ollie the Optimist
20-06-2011, 06:48 PM
i think the decision by india to veto DRS in the series against england is a joke. should be used in all forms of the game. does more good then harm.

Cripps_orig
20-06-2011, 06:58 PM
Harbhajan has 47 off 39 balls

He came in when India were 80 odd for 6.

But did he do what other boring ass Test players would do and block every single ball?

Fuck no.

That is why India are the best in the world and will beat England with their first choice team 4-0

Cripps_orig
20-06-2011, 08:31 PM
236-8

Raina and Mishra in the middle

Syn
20-06-2011, 09:05 PM
i think the decision by india to veto DRS in the series against england is a joke. should be used in all forms of the game. does more good then harm.

I agree. But it must be said that BCCI - who are the ones who veto'd it - do not represent the views of the players. Tendulkar, for example, wants DRS as long as it involves everything (hotspot and snickometer). I don't know why BCCI don't want it but they're the financial power of cricket right now and can pretty much make other countries do what ever they want. An India tour generates the most money for every country. It will bring England more money per Test than the Ashes. So BCCI can dictate the terms. Of course it's wrong though.

246 all out, India. Pathetic batting. Tailenders still pissing themselves with 90mph Fidel Edwards spraying it like a hosepipe. Fucking pussies. If Gavaskar was dead, he'd be turning in his grave.

Cripps_orig
21-06-2011, 01:13 PM
England squads in full:

Twenty20: Stuart Broad (captain), Ian Bell, Ravi Bopara, Jade Dernbach, Steven Finn, Craig Kieswetter, Michael Lumb, Eoin Morgan, Samit Patel, Kevin Pietersen, Graeme Swann, Chris Woakes, Luke Wright.

One-Day Internationals: Alastair Cook (captain), James Anderson, Ian Bell, Ravi Bopara, Stuart Broad, Jade Dernbach, Steven Finn, Craig Kieswetter, Eoin Morgan, Samit Patel, Kevin Pietersen, Graeme Swann, Jonathan Trott, Chris Woakes.

No Prior or Collingwood which is the main talking point

Cripps_orig
21-06-2011, 03:26 PM
WI 40-2

Sharma with both wickets

Cripps_orig
21-06-2011, 04:51 PM
106-5

Kumar got the other 3 wickets.

Chanderpaul is still there though

Syn
21-06-2011, 04:53 PM
Praveen Kumar taking these 3 wickets is a bit like Djemba-Djemba scoring a hat-trick.

Such a shit bowler, but keeping it simple on a difficult wicket.

Cripps_orig
21-06-2011, 07:01 PM
154-8

Sharma got his 3rd wicket and Harbhajan got in on the act with 2 wickets including Chanderpaul

Cripps_orig
21-06-2011, 07:31 PM
173 all out

Mishra got the final 2 wickets

Cripps_orig
22-06-2011, 12:33 AM
India 91-3

Dravid on 45, Kohli on 14

Vijay and Laxman out on 0, Mukund got 25

Syn
22-06-2011, 01:33 PM
Ach, if you saw the last 5 overs of that day, you'd know why Test cricket is so great. Fidel Edwards was rapid. Out of his last 12 balls, 9 were 93mph bouncers. And well directed. He was very difficult to play and Kohli was jumping around trying to keep it down. And some decent sledging on show. He was nearly out twice in the last over. Dravid still there. Phenomenal player. Has a bright future ahead of him - he's only 38 years old.

Cripps_orig
22-06-2011, 05:01 PM
166-6 at lunch

Dhoni just got out before lunch

Kohli got 15, Raina got 27

Dravid still there on 69

Cripps_orig
22-06-2011, 09:36 PM
India 252 all out

Dravid with 112 :bow:

WI need 326 to win

86-3