PDA

View Full Version : Capello resigns.

Rors
08-02-2012, 07:29 PM

Syn
08-02-2012, 07:32 PM
Keeeeghan. Keeeeeghan.

Don't give a fuck tbh. If he thinks John Terry should be captain, I don't want him managing our country. Hope twitchy gets it.

GP
08-02-2012, 07:33 PM
http://www.craigboyce.com/w/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/Ernie_Facepalm1.jpg

Shaqiri Is Boss
08-02-2012, 07:36 PM
Pearce to take charge until after/just before the Euros?

Can't see 'Arry quitting Spurs now, unless he tried to do it in tandem for the rest of the season.

Knowing the Fa it's Woy's job to lose.

Rors
Can't believe I am going to defend somebody who is on the side of Big Man, but I am y'know. He has been completely undermined and disrespected over this,regarding what all told is a rather meaningless issue too (who flips a coin on the halfway line), so good for him. There.

Cripps_orig
Stuck to his principles. Cant fault him for that.

Puts the FA and hopefully Spuds/Twitch in a dilemma. He clearly was going to be offered the job after Euro 2012 but theres no way Spuds will let him go right now.

Syn
08-02-2012, 07:37 PM
Can't believe I am going to defend somebody who is on the side of Big Man, but I am y'know. He has been completely undermined and disrespected over this,regarding what all told is a rather meaningless issue too (who flips a coin on the halfway line), so good for him. There.

Yeah, fair enough.

Ernesto
08-02-2012, 07:39 PM
I reckon the FA will go for Wenger, and that hard-nosed b*st*rd won't wanna leave Arsenal.

Letters
08-02-2012, 07:39 PM
:arry:

McNamara That Ghost...
08-02-2012, 07:41 PM
Wonderful preparation yet again.

England. :bow:

Cripps_orig
Press conference at 12pm tomorrow

Olivier's xmas twist
Pearce to take charge until after/just before the Euros?

Can't see 'Arry quitting Spurs now, unless he tried to do it in tandem for the rest of the season.

Knowing the Fa it's Woy's job to lose.

That will be most likely.

Cripps_orig
08-02-2012, 07:43 PM
Thing is, can they get anyone in just for a few months?

Will anyone even accept that knowing they'll be pushed aside as soon as Twitch takes over?

Rors
08-02-2012, 07:43 PM
Somebody who will be out of a job by June? Look no further:

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Money/Pix/pictures/2010/6/21/1277142041645/Andrew-Lansley-Health-Sec-006.jpg

Syn
08-02-2012, 07:45 PM
Twitchy could manage the spuds and England, couldn't he? Didn't advocaat or hiddink or someone do that with zenit and muzza rusha?

Cripps_orig
08-02-2012, 07:46 PM
Twitchy could manage the spuds and England, couldn't he? Didn't advocaat or hiddink or someone do that with zenit and muzza rusha?I do it all the time on FM tbh

But Spuds will never go for that

GP
08-02-2012, 07:47 PM
JT and Lamps as joint player managers.

Power n Glory
08-02-2012, 07:48 PM
So it's ok to strip Terry of the armband over the Wayne Bridge affair rift, but racially abusing the vice captain's brother doesn't warrant the same sort of punishment?

Good riddance. The guy was rubbish anyway.

Rors
08-02-2012, 07:49 PM
AnfieldCat Anfield Cat
#AnfieldCatForEngland

:bow:

McGarry being McGarry on Fivelive right now... :banghead:

tigerthesmurf85
08-02-2012, 07:49 PM
Hopefully Redknapp, the obvious candidate.

tigerthesmurf85
08-02-2012, 07:50 PM
I do it all the time on FM tbh

But Spuds will never go for that
If he wants the England job they wont have much choice.

Rors
08-02-2012, 07:51 PM
Ah yes Harry Redknapp. Super 'Arry!! Good Old 'Azza! the man who admitted under oath that he's "thick"!! Yeah, Harry!

:rolleyes:

Olivier's xmas twist
08-02-2012, 07:52 PM
Thing is, can they get anyone in just for a few months?

Will anyone even accept that knowing they'll be pushed aside as soon as Twitch takes over?

If they know the role is short term yes, Id give it to pearce with beckham as his assistant at the Euro's

Cripps_orig
If he wants the England job they wont have much choice.Oh he wants it and thought he'd get it in the summer but right now? Im not so sure. Spuds are going well, outsiders for the title. Not so simple to leave now as it would have been in the summer

tigerthesmurf85
If Pearce gets the job I will resign from supporting England.

tigerthesmurf85
08-02-2012, 07:53 PM
Oh he wants it and thought he'd get it in the summer but right now? Im not so sure. Spuds are going well, outsiders for the title. Not so simple to leave now as it would have been in the summer

But I think he'd be up for doing both... must only be one game between now and the end of the season, maybe 2? He sees a fair amount of football already and knows most of our players. No brainer I think

Cripps_orig
08-02-2012, 07:54 PM
If they know the role is short term yes, Id give it to pearce with beckham as his assistant at the Euro'sGive it to Becks full time tbh

Ohter countries have done it with Klinsmann and Germany, Van Basten and Holland etc

Neither had any experience but were respected by players all over.

McNamara That Ghost...
08-02-2012, 07:55 PM
'Arry. :lol:

The old guard will remain if he gets it, in fact Beckham would probably be back. :rolleyes:

tigerthesmurf85
Give it to Becks full time tbh

Ohter countries have done it with Klinsmann and Germany, Van Basten and Holland etc

Beckham just signed a 2 year deal with the Galaxy

Syn
Bring Tezza back to instill the spirit of euro 96. Believe. If I can dream. It's coming home.

GP
08-02-2012, 07:56 PM
If Pearce gets the job I will resign from supporting England.

I did that years ago. I'm not cheering for any team with john terry in it.

tigerthesmurf85
08-02-2012, 07:57 PM
José?

tigerthesmurf85
I did that years ago. I'm not cheering for any team with john terry in it.

Terry will be gone soon, can't wait.

Cripps_orig
Time for Super Al to step up and do a good a job as he did with Newcastle when he filled in there

Syn
08-02-2012, 08:00 PM
Mick McCarthy IMO. Can park a good forklift. Worth it for the comedy value.

Olivier's xmas twist
Give it to Becks full time tbh

Yep nout to loose to give it dave Beckham tbh.

Flavs
Just seen this got a big :lol: from me

Harry for England Capello for Spurs and Robert is your mothers brother

English football :pal:

Cripps_orig
08-02-2012, 08:01 PM
How about John Terry as Player-Manager?

Mike Bassett is also worth a shout.

Took England to a World Cup semi he did and he can handle the GHELs

Flavs
08-02-2012, 08:02 PM
José?

I would fucking love that, an arrogant bunch of overrated, overpaid, over dramatic, inbred, buck toothed, backward, sister fucking morons managed by an arrogant, overrated, overpai....well you get the idea. I think they are both rim goblins

Olivier's xmas twist
08-02-2012, 08:03 PM
FA must be pisseed that MON is not avaliable any more lol, they will give it to someone like Bruce or Keegan (again)

Cripps_orig
08-02-2012, 08:03 PM
José?Fuck that.

We need him here

Olivier's xmas twist
08-02-2012, 08:05 PM
José?

Perfect

tigerthesmurf85
08-02-2012, 08:10 PM
Perfect

I think he'd do a great job.

As for having him here... I'd like that but he would need a lot of money to overhaul the squad which I don't think he'd be given.

Olivier's xmas twist
08-02-2012, 08:12 PM
So it's ok to strip Terry of the armband over the Wayne Bridge affair rift, but racially abusing the vice captain's brother doesn't warrant the same sort of punishment? Good riddance. The guy was rubbish anyway.

Yep, hypocryte of the highest, he goes on about morals and all that, and how if it affected the team he'd do something, well it did and the fa(who i hate with a passion) finally did something right, yet he wants to say they were wrong.

Good riddence to bad rubbish i say.

Flavs
08-02-2012, 08:12 PM
Any arsenal fan who wants Mourinho to be manager wants taking outside and stoning tbh.

GP
08-02-2012, 08:13 PM
An Italian abandoning a sinking ship? How unusual...

Syn
Ok, no more stupid suggestions. Alex Ferguson?

Ok, no more stupid suggestions - it'll obviously be someone English. I don't want to see Twitchy as England manager but realistically what English manager is: a) likeable and b) good? Steve McClaren had a poor first spell but I wouldn't mind him having another go (he won't be offered it though, obviously)...at least he got out of his comfort zone, went to Netherlands, had some shrooms, fucked some hoes and found relative success. More than the other plethora of pub team shits being mentioned as candidates.

If you don't care about the England team, you might as well hope for a real fucking 4-4-2, let-them-know-you're-there arsehole who won't play Wilshere or Oxlade because they're Arsenal pansies. Neil Warnock, for example.

GP
Any arsenal fan who wants Mourinho to be manager wants taken outside and stoning tbh.

:gp:

Olivier's xmas twist
08-02-2012, 08:14 PM
I think he'd do a great job.

As for having him here... I'd like that but he would need a lot of money to overhaul the squad which I don't think he'd be given.

TBF you just have to look at the england sqaud to see how shocking it really is.

Daniele
08-02-2012, 08:15 PM
Overall, this shows the difference in culture, not just football culture, between Britons and us Italians.

The FA thinks it NOT appropriate that the England captain is involved in a trial for racial abuse. So it strips him of the captaincy.

Capello thinks that he has done nothing wrong until proven guilty. Whether it is appropriate or not that his captain his involved in such a trial does not care to him. It is a matter of ethics for the English, of sentences for Italians.

As for me I am an Italian who thinks the English are right.

Coney
08-02-2012, 08:16 PM
'arry as manager will have time for Rio Ferdinand, which also means Terry is fucked. Works for me.

Flavs
08-02-2012, 08:17 PM
Ok, no more stupid suggestions. Alex Ferguson?

Ok, no more stupid suggestions - it'll obviously be someone English. I don't want to see Twitchy as England manager but realistically what English manager is: a) likeable and b) good? Steve McClaren had a poor first spell but I wouldn't mind him having another go (he won't be offered it though, obviously)...at least he got out of his comfort zone, went to Netherlands, had some shrooms, fucked some hoes and found relative success. More than the other plethora of pub team shits being mentioned as candidates.

If you don't care about the England team, you might as well hope for a real fucking 4-4-2, let-them-know-you're-there arsehole who won't play Wilshere or Oxlade because they're Arsenal pansies. Neil Warnock, for example.

You think winning the Dutch league with a team that isn't either Ajax or PSV when you are Steve McClaren is "relative success"???

Cripps_orig
08-02-2012, 08:17 PM
Alan Pardew

Worked wonders for Newcastle

Syn
08-02-2012, 08:18 PM
Overall, this shows the difference in culture, not just football culture, between Britons and us Italians.

The FA thinks it NOT appropriate that the England captain is involved in a trial for racial abuse. So it strips him of the captaincy.

Capello thinks that he has done nothing wrong until proven guilty. Whether it is appropriate or not that his captain his involved in such a trial does not care to him. It is a matter of ethics for the English, of sentences for Italians.

As for me I am an Italian who whinks the English are right.

Nah I think it's not really about John Terry. As Rors said, it's probably about Capello feeling that he should've been consulted and that picking the captain should be his responsibility.

Truth be told, Capello probably knew he was getting lynched after England get knocked out at the Euros, so this offered him a good excuse for an exit to save some face and not leave his managerial reputation in total tatters.

Marc Overmars
Another tournament build up blighted by off the field problems.

England. :doh:

If Capello felt undermined then fair enough. He did as good a job as he could with such a limited team anyway.

Just give the job to Harry now. The England squad is full of GHELs and who better to lead them all than the GHEL godfather himself.

Flavs
As for me I am an Italian who whinks the English are right.

Go and look outside your door, is there the faint glow of torches in the distance and a lot of angry shouting?

Flavs
08-02-2012, 08:19 PM
the GHEL godfather himself.

Pubis :bow:

Daniele
08-02-2012, 08:20 PM
Go and look outside your door, is there the faint glow of torches in the distance and a lot of angry shouting?

well..no...ok..wait...yes, here they're coming! :-)

Syn
08-02-2012, 08:20 PM
You think winning the Dutch league with a team that isn't either Ajax or PSV when you are Steve McClaren is "relative success"???

Glad you agree. Schteve McClarin for, how you say...Englishh manashger.

Olivier's xmas twist
08-02-2012, 08:22 PM
Nah I think it's not really about John Terry. As Rors said, it's probably about Capello feeling that he should've been consulted and that picking the captain should be his responsibility. Truth be told, Capello probably knew he was getting lynched after England get knocked out at the Euros, so this offered him a good excuse for an exit to save some face and not leave his managerial reputation in total tatters.

It was and look how that turned out, end of the day if he was stupid to give the armband back to terry he has to deal with the actions. The FA can strip a captain if they like and he knew that.

Marc Overmars
08-02-2012, 08:23 PM
Maureen to manage Spurs after Harry goes tbh.

AKBapologist
08-02-2012, 08:24 PM
It's Hiddink.

Coney
08-02-2012, 08:28 PM
tbf, Capello should have been in the meeting when the FA discussed the captaincy as a matter of courtesy. The fact that they made the decision that way was an insult to him. That was bad practice by the FA. They could still have let him make his point to them, still decided that Terry had to go as captain and possibly had his reluctant agreement.

But I'm still glad he has gone as long as the FA appoint an Englishman as manager. Even if a foreign manager might win us a competition, it would feel there was a bit missing.

Power n Glory
08-02-2012, 08:29 PM
Nah I think it's not really about John Terry. As Rors said, it's probably about Capello feeling that he should've been consulted and that picking the captain should be his responsibility.

Truth be told, Capello probably knew he was getting lynched after England get knocked out at the Euros, so this offered him a good excuse for an exit to save some face and not leave his managerial reputation in total tatters.

Capello was on Italian television saying Terry should have stayed as captain until proven guilty. Not being consulted is one thing but believing that Terry should still serve as captain is another.

No way should have been leading England out as captain. If he can be stripped because of the Wayne Bridge fiasco, then why not this when it affects even more playere in the squad, The FA's rep, England fans and the whole kick Racism Out of Football campaign that Uefa and Fifa pay lip service to.

Cripps_orig
08-02-2012, 08:36 PM
Capello was on Italian television saying Terry should have stayed as captain until proven guilty. Not being consulted is one thing but believing that Terry should still serve as captain is another.

No way should have been leading England out as captain. If he can be stripped because of the Wayne Bridge fiasco, then why not this when it affects even more playere in the squad, The FA's rep, England fans and the whole kick Racism Out of Football campaign that Uefa and Fifa pay lip service to.Cos he hasnt been proved guilty which is Capellos point

Daniele
08-02-2012, 08:36 PM
Believe me, Capello could not understand what the word 'appropriate' means. Take politics Huhne resigned over a small fine because he and the coalition parties understood that it could undermine them. Berlusconi stayed on even when charged for prostitution because in Italy we do not know what is damaging and what is appropriat irrespective of trials and sentences.

The same applies to the Capello-FA-Terry saga.

Olivier's xmas twist
08-02-2012, 08:38 PM
The question everyone is asking, fans and players, where do we go from here? Euro's is just around the corner and we have no manager?!?
14 minutes ago » JackWilshere Jack Wilshere The question everyone is asking, fans and players, where do we go from here? Euro's is just around the corner and we have no manager?!? »

JackWilshere Jack Wilshere
He has shown great belief and trust in me so I can only thank him....massive influence on my career so far! Sad to see him go!
59 minutes ago » JackWilshere Jack Wilshere He has shown great belief and trust in me so I can only thank him....massive influence on my career so far! Sad to see him go! »

People have there own judgement on Capello but for a young player who was given the chance to play for my country at such a young age...
1 hour ago » JackWilshere Jack Wilshere People have there own judgement on Capello but for a young player who was given the chance to play for my country at such a young age... »

Shocked about news on Fabio Capello...gutted to be honest, gave me my 1st cap and believed in me! Thank you Mr Capello! #GreatManager

http://twitter.com/jackwilshere

Jack not happy

Coney
08-02-2012, 08:40 PM
Believe me, Capello could not understand what the word 'appropriate' means. Take politics Huhne resigned over a small fine because he and the coalition parties understood that it could undermine them. Berlusconi stayed on even when charged for prostitution because in Italy we do not know what is damaging and what is appropriat irrespective of trials and sentences.

No it is NOT because of a small fine. It is because of the alleged attempt to pervert the cause of justice which is an extremely serious offence. Also, if he is indeed guilty of trying to get his partner to take a speeding ticket to avoid a 3-point penalty and a £100(ish) fine and avoid a minor embarrassment - prepared to do that to his supposed beloved - do you think he is trustworthy in the public field?

McNamara That Ghost...
08-02-2012, 08:40 PM
At least he can re-launch the Capello Index now.

Olivier's xmas twist
08-02-2012, 08:44 PM
Cappello in talks right now to take over a big club in Russia say Talk sport.

Daniele
08-02-2012, 08:46 PM
No it is NOT because of a small fine. It is because of the alleged attempt to pervert the cause of justice which is an extremely serious offence. Also, if he is indeed guilty of trying to get his partner to take a speeding ticket to avoid a 3-point penalty and a £100(ish) fine and avoid a minor embarrassment - prepared to do that to his supposed beloved - do you think he is trustworthy in the public field?

you are right over Huhne.

We are saying the very same thing. o you think Terry trustworthy in public as the England captain? No, because he has to clear his name first. Here in Italy it works the other way round. You stay on as much time as you can irrespective of what it is good or appropriate for the country, institutions etc.

Marc Overmars
08-02-2012, 08:49 PM
I hope Big Man retires from England as was rumoured.

Then retires from football.

Then life.

Power n Glory
08-02-2012, 08:56 PM
Cos he hasnt been proved guilty which is Capellos point

Ok, take the Wayne Bridge incident, there was no charge or trial for that. It was a spat between two players and accusations of one man sleeping with another's wife/girlfriend. That's a conflict between two players within the camp but he thinks it's appropriate to strip him because it wouldn't look right for him to be captain when at odds with one player and public opinion against him.

Why is it different for this case when it involves so many players who may feel a certain way about Terry. It involves Rio Ferdinands brother. That's a bit of conflict there and unless Capello is 100% is sure that there won't be a problem in the camp, then he shoudln't have Terry as captain.

Plus, he's representing England. If the guy was accused of drink driving and knocking over a kid, there would be no bs about innocent until proven guilty. In a court of law, that can stand, but with a public position you take a back seat until the things calm down.

AKBapologist
08-02-2012, 08:57 PM
It's Hiddink.
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12016/7497949/Hiddink-eyeing-England-role

Dennis Bendtner
08-02-2012, 08:59 PM
Bowing out sucking off the Big Man. Not the best way to go. Still, it'll be funny when all these morons are eating humble pie when England stink it out in the summer with a ghel at the helm.

Coney
08-02-2012, 09:01 PM
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12016/7497949/Hiddink-eyeing-England-role

It's Hiddink.

Eh? The article says the FA want an Englishman and that Hiddink would be interested in the job. How does that make it Hiddink? Shit - I'd be interested in the job. Enough dosh to retire on even if I fuck it up and they sack me after 6 months. But I suspect the FA wouldn't give it to me either.

Coney
08-02-2012, 09:03 PM
Bowing out sucking off the Big Man. Not the best way to go. Still, it'll be funny when all these morons are eating humble pie when England stink it out in the summer with a ghel at the helm.

Or we drop Terry and he has to watch as the team win the European Championship with Rio Ferdinand as CB and vice with Gerrard as captain. (Wilshere taking over as captain in a couple of years, natch).

Cripps_orig
08-02-2012, 09:04 PM
Hiddink would be a good shout

Better than any English manager by a country mile and would rekindle support in to the English team

AKBapologist
08-02-2012, 09:05 PM
Eh? The article says the FA want an Englishman and that Hiddink would be interested in the job. How does that make it Hiddink? Shit - I'd be interested in the job. Enough dosh to retire on even if I fuck it up and they sack me after 6 months. But I suspect the FA wouldn't give it to me either.
Lets face it, all english managers suck. Every single one. FA have wanted Hiddink for a while, and now he's practically begging for the job.

Look forward to saying I told you so in a few days/weeks.

Dennis Bendtner
08-02-2012, 09:06 PM
Twitchy is clearly the only one they want. Actually, it'd be pretty funny if Levy is digging his heels in as we speak. The hard-nosed bald bastard. But yeah, that might mean Psycho Pearce for the Euros and the Olympics. Imagine that eh?

http://www.thatsagoal.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/StuartPearce_599302.jpg

Coney
08-02-2012, 09:06 PM
Hiddink would be a good shout

Better than any English manager by a country mile and would rekindle support in to the English team

Not English. It is the England team representing England.

Cripps_orig
08-02-2012, 09:08 PM
Twitchy is clearly the only one they want. Actually, it'd be pretty funny if Levy is digging his heels in as we speak. The hard-nosed bald bastard. But yeah, that might mean Psycho Pearce for the Euros and the Olympics. Imagine that eh?

http://www.thatsagoal.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/StuartPearce_599302.jpgHes winning the double

Cripps_orig
08-02-2012, 09:09 PM
Not English. It is the England team representing England.Couldnt care less.

Want the best man for the job. Hiddink is clearly it.

Rather a foreigner than another Keegan, Venables, McClaren

Sven and Capello did well with the crap they had

Syn
08-02-2012, 09:11 PM
Couldnt care less.

Nor could any of us. But none of us are picking the next England manager. And they'll definitely pick an Englishman now. Guaranteed. You can take that to the bank. Northern Rock.

Olivier's xmas twist
08-02-2012, 09:11 PM
Couldnt care less.

Want the best man for the job. Hiddink is clearly it.

Rather a foreigner than another Keegan, Venables, McClaren

Sven and Capello did well with the crap they had

He's out of a job aint he ?

Power n Glory
08-02-2012, 09:12 PM
Lets face it, all english managers suck. Every single one. FA have wanted Hiddink for a while, and now he's practically begging for the job.

Look forward to saying I told you so in a few days/weeks.

Not all of them. Some of the younger guys need a chance and have a good philosophy on how the game should be played. They have decent education behind them. Dinosaours with the hoof it and hope attitude will fade out. Also, England don't have great playmakers and that has always been a problem. Beckham with his direct crossing was the best playmaker we had for ages. With JW and Ox on the scene, hopefully we'll have intelligent central players in the future that can control a game and pass.

Rors
08-02-2012, 09:12 PM
Nor could any of us. But none of us are picking the next England manager. And they'll definitely pick an Englishman now. Guaranteed. You can take that to the bank. Northern Rock.

Course they will. They've gone on record as saying that.

They won't be swayed by the fact that Otto Rehhagel doesn't share a family tree diagram with Homer... :banghead:

GP
08-02-2012, 09:13 PM
It'll be Fat Sam.

Rors
08-02-2012, 09:13 PM
https://p.twimg.com/AlJ8ueYCAAA0bJW.jpg

:twitch:

AKBapologist
08-02-2012, 09:14 PM
@johnbishop - Still in Champions League spot. Vindicated in court. England managers job becomes available. Carlsberg don't make days for Harry Rednapp... But if they did...

Coney
08-02-2012, 09:14 PM
https://p.twimg.com/AlJ8ueYCAAA0bJW.jpg

:twitch:

:lol:

fakeyank
08-02-2012, 09:17 PM
Now Arsene can be sacked and we can get Capello in! Kroenke, do the right thing!

Olivier's xmas twist
08-02-2012, 09:21 PM
Now Arsene can be sacked and we can get Capello in! Kroenke, do the right thing!

Hes going to Russia

McNamara That Ghost...
08-02-2012, 09:22 PM
Hes going to Russia

So will we if Kroenke does the right thing. :ninja:

Cripps_orig
08-02-2012, 09:22 PM
Infostrada Sports on Twitter: "Winning percentage last 5 England managers: Hoddle 61%, Keegan 39%, Eriksson 60%, McClaren 50%, Capello 67%."

Get Hoddle back tbh.

Thought he did very well in his time

McNamara That Ghost...
08-02-2012, 09:23 PM
Keegan. :doh:

Rors
08-02-2012, 09:24 PM
Keegan. :doh:

"Just go and drop some hand grenades out there" :doh:

Dennis Bendtner
08-02-2012, 09:24 PM
Benitez is a good shout. He's basically Scouse anyway. In terms of setting teams up for particular games, he has a fine record. But anyway, it's going to be the Sultan of Ghel. The media dream shall be realised.

McNamara That Ghost...
08-02-2012, 09:27 PM
It's going to be funny when the press start to vilify the GHELfather.

Olivier's xmas twist
08-02-2012, 09:27 PM
Get Hoddle back tbh.

Thought he did very well in his time

Yep and would have being in the job for longer, had it not been for that remark.

Kano
08-02-2012, 09:29 PM

completely agree. as manager of the team and such an experienced successful coach, to not be included in the decision making process was unbelievable. did the fa really believe that after doing that he would just follow protocol. well done capello, sets up the summers inevitable disaster nicely.

Flavs
08-02-2012, 09:30 PM
You will all be very happy to know i have written to the FA asking the to take Wenger

Dennis Bendtner
08-02-2012, 09:32 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOTnD-kamPI

:haha:

This is so predictably awesome.

Syn
08-02-2012, 09:35 PM

:haha: :haha: :haha:

What a ****.

McNamara That Ghost...
08-02-2012, 09:36 PM

We don't want his sort. :lol:

GP
08-02-2012, 09:37 PM
Oh geez... why would anyone put Fry on tv...

Rors
08-02-2012, 09:38 PM
They - ugh -ain't got no "passhun and commitmun". Nutshell.

Xhaka Can’t

Say what you want about Berlusconi, but he's fucked an awful lot of beautiful women.

Olivier's xmas twist

Big mans Idol

Coney
08-02-2012, 09:43 PM
You will all be very happy to know i have written to the FA asking the to take Wenger

This is the same Wenger you are proposing that turned down the idea of managing any country except France - that a manager should only manage his own country. Wenger :bow:

Ollie the Optimist
08-02-2012, 09:43 PM
Breaking News: Daniel Levy says that Harry Redknapp can leave Tottenham for England, providing he can write his own resignation letter.

Flavs
08-02-2012, 09:44 PM
This is the same Wenger you are proposing that turned down the idea of managing any country except France - that a manager should only manage his own country. Wenger :bow:

French job is free after the euro's and Wenger is out of contract...

:pray:

Marc Overmars
08-02-2012, 09:45 PM
Fry. :haha:

What a GHEL.

Xhaka Can’t
08-02-2012, 09:53 PM
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS3jdj4rM1DufI5X4A_NOGZcNp44EmHo QjT6MlhsRr1jebLMz7ddQ

Put this guy in charge and I will follow England.

Rors
08-02-2012, 09:56 PM
http://horrorcultfilms.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Rik-Mayall-Bombardier-Beer-.jpg

:bow:

[/thread]

GP
08-02-2012, 09:58 PM
http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/419204_10150659807915715_747170714_11572807_619559 749_n.jpg

Rors
08-02-2012, 09:58 PM
[thread]

@DaveCamm (https://twitter.com/#!/DaveCamm)Dave Cameroon

I'm going to bring Beckham back as scrum half - he's good for business. And what players are Tory? Lampard, he's in.... John Terry maybe?

Marc Overmars
08-02-2012, 10:02 PM
Wazza gives his backing to del boy.

Wayne Rooney @WayneRooney
Gutted capello has quit. Good guy and top coach. Got to be english to replace him. Harry redknapp for me.

Rors
08-02-2012, 10:06 PM
Wazza gives his backing to del boy.

ITV have just run that tweet under the screen :doh:

Rors
08-02-2012, 10:07 PM
They amended the grammar though :lol:

Coney
08-02-2012, 10:10 PM
French job is free after the euro's and Wenger is out of contract...

:pray:

Maybe that is what he is waiting for. The plan failed, he can't get the dosh, so might as well manage France. Makes sense, actually.

Olivier's xmas twist
08-02-2012, 10:12 PM
French job is free after the euro's and Wenger is out of contract...:pray:

Hasn't he got 2 more years in his contract

Coney
08-02-2012, 10:12 PM
Hasn't he got 2 more years in his contract

Yeah - just checked. You're right. He'll take over France after they have a miserable WC campaign.

AKBapologist
08-02-2012, 10:15 PM
@ACFCOffical - Alex McLeish resigns as Aston Villa manager. More to come on Avfc.com #AVFC

Cripps_orig
08-02-2012, 10:17 PM
@ACFCOffical - Alex McLeish resigns as Aston Villa manager. More to come on Avfc.com #AVFCWrong thread?

Marc Overmars
08-02-2012, 10:18 PM
@ACFCOffical - Alex McLeish resigns as Aston Villa manager. More to come on Avfc.com #AVFC

It's a dud account. He hasn't resigned.

AKBapologist
08-02-2012, 10:26 PM
Well, after Hughes did... Did seem a bit odd though....

Rors
08-02-2012, 10:26 PM
The profile for that account even makes clear that it's a spoof :good:

Xhaka Can’t
08-02-2012, 10:27 PM

No, I'm pretty sure it is the genuine Aston Cilla FC account.

Marc Overmars
08-02-2012, 10:28 PM
:lol:

McNamara That Ghost...
08-02-2012, 10:30 PM
When asked about Wayne Rooney's tweet on Capello's resignation and the next England coach, Roy Keane says: "Wayne should keep his nose out it."

Cripps_orig
08-02-2012, 10:31 PM
Keane :bow:

KSE Comedy Club
08-02-2012, 10:44 PM
SSN: Guus Hiddink interested in becoming england manager.

Syn
08-02-2012, 10:46 PM
The question everyone is asking, fans and players, where do we go from here? Euro's is just around the corner and we have no manager?!?
2 hours ago

He has shown great belief and trust in me so I can only thank him....massive influence on my career so far! Sad to see him go!
3 hours ago

People have there own judgement on Capello but for a young player who was given the chance to play for my country at such a young age...
3 hours ago

Shocked about news on Fabio Capello...gutted to be honest, gave me my 1st cap and believed in me! Thank you Mr Capello! #GreatManager
3 hours ago

Someone needs to tell him to man up.

Cripps_orig
08-02-2012, 10:47 PM
SSN: Guus Hiddink interested in becoming england manager.There you go then, FA.

Offer him the job, he'll say yes.

On we go to the Euros

Olivier's xmas twist
08-02-2012, 10:48 PM
[Sky Sports sources understand former Holland manager Guus Hiddink is interested in becoming the next England boss following Fabio Capello's resignation.

Capello stepped down on Wednesday night after discussions with the Football Association following their decision to go over the Italian's head and strip John Terry of the England captaincy.

The FA have previously stated they are keen for the next Three Lions boss to be English, with Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp a hot favourite to fill the role.

However, Dutchman Hiddink has reportedly put himself in the frame and would welcome an approach over the role.

The 65-year-old is a proven international manager with a number of teams in major tournaments.

His most notable achievements include leading Holland to the semi-finals of the 1998 World Cup, as well as guiding South Korea to a fourth-placed finish in the 2002 edition of the tournament.

Though they probs give the job to warnock, anyone is better then arry and his dodgy heart.

Olivier's xmas twist
08-02-2012, 10:49 PM
2 hours ago

3 hours ago

3 hours ago

3 hours ago

Someone needs to tell him to man up.

Posted this in here already

KSE Comedy Club
08-02-2012, 10:56 PM
There you go then, FA.

Offer him the job, he'll say yes.

On we go to the Euros

Yep, he'll do for me.

Could have this problem solved by tomorrow.

Cripps_orig
08-02-2012, 11:01 PM
To get the little Englanders off their back, FA should ask Levy if hes willing to let Harry go asap and if he says no and he probably will then go for Hiddink and tell the Twitch followers that they tried to get him but Spuds wouldnt let him go

Olivier's xmas twist
08-02-2012, 11:12 PM
To get the little Englanders off their back, FA should ask Levy if hes willing to let Harry go asap and if he says no and he probably will then go for Hiddink and tell the Twitch followers that they tried to get him but Spuds wouldnt let him go

Has to be "English" says the players and the media if not arry they settle for Warnock

Letters
08-02-2012, 11:41 PM
http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/426941_10151264132970322_574160321_22742473_154718 9285_n.jpg

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/425758_291681007560574_160393797355963_758319_1615 697601_n.jpg

(apologies if this has been posted before, cba checking)

Boss
09-02-2012, 03:37 AM
Bad news as Capello was awful with England and they'll probably get in someone that will do a better job (like Hiddink).

Hope they get in 'Arry, would be top notch comedy.

Flavs
09-02-2012, 08:34 AM
I wish the FA would just put a communication out apologising to anyone who still gives a shit about international football saying that after years of trying to convince us they just now admit that English players are largely wank and therefore it doesn't matter who the manager is as they wont win anything

Coney
09-02-2012, 08:51 AM
I wish the FA would put in an English manager who knows how to motivate English players, getting them to perform to the level they should be capable of.

Oh - looks like they will. :good:

Flavs
09-02-2012, 09:02 AM
I wish the FA would put in an English manager who knows how to motivate English players, getting them to perform to the level they should be capable of.

Getting knocked out in qualifying :bow:

the easter bunnie
09-02-2012, 09:04 AM
bring back terry vegatables

Flavs
09-02-2012, 09:11 AM
From Arseblog

And finally, Capello, eh? Redknapp, eh? England manager, eh? I am baffled, quite seriously, as to why anybody in the world would want to be the manager of England. It is without doubt the worst job in football. And yes, that includes the Chelsea youths who have to take it in turns to clean John Terry's ring (he's quite fastidious about keeping his wedding band shiny, I'm told).

Managers do the England job; managers fail; managers are castigated, slagged off, ridiculed, mocked and lampooned – and if you're a 'furriner', like Capello, you're doomed from the start regardless how well you do. And yet, the common denominator in all this is not the managers. It's the FA and the English players and, let's face it, sections of the English press whose expectation levels when a major tournament approaches don't seem to be tempered in any way by the England team's record in previous tournaments.

Still, maybe what England were missing was that something special. The Twitch Factor, I think they call it. No doubt a man who has won one FA Cup in his entire career knows more about winning than somebody who has won countless league titles, cups and the Champions League. And if the England players need someone like Redknapp to inject them with the necessary 'passion and spirit' to play for their country it says far more about them than Capello.

PGFC
09-02-2012, 09:18 AM
Fuck me but I'm bored with this already :arry:

LDG
09-02-2012, 09:19 AM
Bloody hell. How did I miss all this....that's what you get for having the missus round for dinner <_<

Anyway:

A cynic would say, 'Arry Houdini got off from tax dodging becaus ethe FA bunged some money at it.

He should get the job, and fail.

I hate England and their twatish ways, and until I see a team made up of lads who will forgoe a wage to play for their country, and all advertising rights, I want them to fail. Miserably.

Terry, Rio, Ashley etc. ****s, the lot of them.

GP
09-02-2012, 09:39 AM

Yeah, get in the massively successful Crooky Redcrook, instead of that forrin shit Capello who's won fuckall.

the easter bunnie
09-02-2012, 09:59 AM
a l super al, a l super al, a l super al, super England manager. He wears english shirts not silly italin silk ones like fabia cuprinello

Cripps_orig
09-02-2012, 11:27 AM
Southgate and Brooking will join forces for this months game apparently

Injury Time
09-02-2012, 11:37 AM
Don't give a fuck tbh. If he thinks John Terry should be captain, I don't want him managing our country. Hope twitchy gets it. This.

Injury Time
09-02-2012, 11:39 AM
Southgate and Brooking will join forces for this months game apparently
Fuck me the players will be half asleep from the prematch talk Engerland :rose:

KSE Comedy Club
09-02-2012, 11:42 AM
Southgate and Brooking will join forces for this months game apparentlyEven in an emergency that has got to be the shittest decision the FA could make.

Olivier's xmas twist
09-02-2012, 11:44 AM
Newcastle boss Alan Pardew has ruled himself out of the running for the England job, saying the national post is not for him.
The Magpies coach has been touted as one of those the Football Association may turn to in the wake of Fabio Capello's decision to walk away from the job.
Tottenham coach Harry Redknapp remains the firm favourite to be handed the reins, but Pardew is considered to be an up-and-coming coach who could lead the Three Lions into a brighter future.
The work he has overseen at Newcastle has not gone unnoticed, with the club currently pushing hard for a top-four finish in the Premier League.
Pardew considers his efforts on Tyneside to be a work in progress, though, and insists he has no plans to turn his back on the club any time soon.
He is flattered to be among those mentioned as possible candidates for the England job, but has made it clear that he will not be throwing his hat into the ring.
Proud"Firstly as an Englishman, I am proud to be in that sort of frame, but it's not for me and I will make that quite clear," Pardew told Sky Sports News HD.
"I am not even in the running as far as I am concerned.
"I am very happy here at Newcastle. It's a little project here that's going really well and I want to see it through.
"The passion and everything about this place is why I want to stay here.
"I do hope it goes to an Englishman, just on a personal level. I think that's important this time. I really hope Harry and Spurs and everybody sorts themselves out and can do it in a manner that it works for everybody."
Candidates"(West Brom manager) Roy Hodgson would have an opportunity and (West Ham boss) Sam (Allardyce) possibly - they are at the right age and right experience to do that role.
"Probably outside of them, there aren't too many leading candidates.
"There are a lot of young English coaches coming through, thank goodness, especially in the Championship, and I think we will be better set perhaps the next time (the job) comes around.
"But this time, there is an outstanding candidate in Harry and I just hope it all works out and it can be done in a manner that works for both Tottenham and England."
That process could take some time, but Pardew would be comfortable for England to head into a friendly clash with Holland at Wembley on 29th February without having appointed their new boss.
He said: "You have got Trevor Brooking, Gareth Southgate and Stuart Pearce there - I don't see any problem in them taking that game, and I think that would be correct because even if the job is going to go down one road, let's say, Harry needs some time to settle himself and have some respect for Tottenham as well."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12016/7498687/Pardew-rules-out-England-post

When did they ever rule him in lol

Harry Redknapp insists he has 'not even thought' about the England job and is fully focused on Tottenham amid heavy speculation linking him with the vacant post.
Redknapp (http://topics.skysports.com/Harry+Redknapp/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif is the clear frontrunner to succeed Fabio Capello (http://topics.skysports.com/Fabio+Capello/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif in the role following the Italian's resignation on Wednesday evening, with players and pundits alike backing him for the job.
Capello stepped down just hours after the Spurs boss was cleared of all charges following a two-week tax evasion trial.
Speculation has surfaced Redknapp could take over England on a part-time basis to allow him to see out the campaign with Tottenham before taking full charge in the summer ahead of the European Championship in Poland and Ukraine.
But Redknapp is keeping quiet on the prospect of him assuming the role, insisting he is concentrating solely on his current club, who are flying high in the Premier League and host Newcastle (http://topics.skysports.com/newcastle/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif at White Hart Lane this weekend.
Focus"I don't know anything about the England job. I've not even thought about it," he told Sky Sports News on Thursday morning.
"I've got a job to do, I've got a big game on Saturday with Tottenham. Tottenham is my focus.
"They've been fantastic to me, the Tottenham people. The fans last week at the Wigan game, it was incredible the reception they gave me.
"It wouldn't be right to them to focus on anything else but Tottenham. My only interest is Tottenham Hotspur. (http://topics.skysports.com/Tottenham+Hotspur/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif
"They (the Football Association (http://topics.skysports.com/Football+Association/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif) will make whatever decision they want to make and hopefully it will be the right decision for the country."
Capello, who had previously said he would quit in the summer after the Euros, stepped down after making it clear he was unhappy with the FA's decision to strip John Terry (http://topics.skysports.com/John+Terry/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif of the England captaincy without his consent.
Redknapp admits his resignation came as a surprise, adding: "I was shocked. I was surprised. I didn't expect that to happen. We knew he was going to leave in the summer but I didn't expect it to happen now."
Move onThe Spurs boss is keen to move on after being cleared of the charges against him on Wednesday - a case he is adamant should never have gone to trial.
"It was a case that never should have been brought to court in the first place to be honest with you," he said.
"Mr Levy gave me the job three years ago and he looked at it before he appointed me. He realised it was a case that had no substance to it otherwise he wouldn't have given me the job at Tottenham.
"It's past us now and we look forward and look to the future."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12016/7498845/Harry-not-thinking-of-England

Marc Overmars
09-02-2012, 12:19 PM
Pearce in charge for the Holland game, confimed.

It wouldn't surprise me if they kept him for the Euros and got Harry after.

dazthegooner
09-02-2012, 12:42 PM
[QUOTE=Marc Overmars;98131]Pearce in charge for the Holland game, confimed.

It wouldn't surprise me if they kept him for the Euros.

Would make sense not too sure about 'arry though.

Syn
09-02-2012, 12:45 PM
Twitchy's stock has risen with every game we've lost.

He's not a top manager.

Flavs
09-02-2012, 12:52 PM

He's not a top manager.

He has won an FA cup :bow:

Coney
09-02-2012, 12:55 PM

Getting knocked out in qualifying :bow:

I did say 'manager', not umbrella holder.

Coney
09-02-2012, 12:56 PM

He's not a top manager.

No - he's third. Top English one though.

Coney
09-02-2012, 12:57 PM
He has won an FA cup :bow:

He's won more trophies* in the last 6 years than Wenger and the board put together.

* Real trophies, not Emirates Crap.

Coney
09-02-2012, 12:59 PM
If he thinks John Terry should be captain, I don't want him managing our country.

:gp:

Flavs
09-02-2012, 12:59 PM
Someone should probably point out at this point that the reason have only ever won 1 international trophy and that was when the World cup was actually in Engerlund isnt because of the managers, the krauts, maradonna's right hand David Beckham getting sent off, a linesman or a stroppy Italian its because the players are overrated donkeys who spend too much time reading their own press to have some introspection.

Oh and the FA are a shit bunch of crooks as well.

Flavs
09-02-2012, 01:00 PM
He's won more trophies* in the last 6 years than Wenger and the board put together.

* Real trophies, not Emirates Crap.

How is that relevant in any way?

Coney
09-02-2012, 01:04 PM
Someone should probably point out at this point that the reason have only ever won 1 international trophy and that was when the World cup was actually in Engerlund isnt because of the managers, the krauts, maradonna's right hand David Beckham getting sent off, a linesman or a stroppy Italian its because the players are overrated donkeys who spend too much time reading their own press to have some introspection.

Oh and the FA are a shit bunch of crooks as well.

It's disgusting the way crooks are treated on here.

Cripps_orig
09-02-2012, 01:06 PM
Has to be Hiddink

No brainer really but the FA are idiots

Syn
09-02-2012, 01:08 PM
No - he's third. Top English one though.

He's third what? Third best? Based on Tottenham being third in the league right now? You can call it wishful thinking - but I normally don't let bias affect my judgement; I think the spuds are going to sink now. Full-on freefall. There are still 14 matches left to go - over 1/3 of the season left, and I have a sneaky feeling it's going to be fucking hilarious.

Saying he's the best English manager doesn't really say a lot - everyone knows the competition isn't that hot. But I don't think he's the best English manager. Steve McClaren imo. Deserves another go. Bring him back.

Coney
09-02-2012, 01:09 PM
Steve McClaren imo. Deserves another go. Bring him back.

If they do, I hope it doesn't rain.

Syn
09-02-2012, 01:11 PM
If they do, I hope it doesn't rain.

Ooooh he's holding an umbrella! What a pragmatic bender!

Marc Overmars
09-02-2012, 01:23 PM
Harry is the best man for the job simply because the England squad is made up of a bunch of fuckwits who can relate to a wideboy like Redknapp.

They don't need discipline or a master tactican, they just need some bloke to be their pal and tell 'em to get stuck in. Blood and thunder, 3 lions on the shirt. Oh yes.

Syn
09-02-2012, 01:24 PM
I want Redknapp to be England manager just so it means he leaves Tottenham. Their revival is getting annoying and with Redknapp leaving they'll probably bring in another moron like One-day Ramos.

dazthegooner
09-02-2012, 01:25 PM
Harry is the best man for the job simply because the England squad is made up of a bunch of fuckwits who can relate to a wideboy like Redknapp.

They don't need discipline or a master tactican, they just need some bloke to be their pal and tell 'em to get stuck in.

With Venables as his assistant and both driven to work by Paul Merson... :unsure:

the easter bunnie
09-02-2012, 01:45 PM
if harry gets the job rosie could be the mascot and lead the team out she might poo on the pitch though.

Daniele
09-02-2012, 05:54 PM
let us be honest: Capello knew sweet FA ;) about English football

Letters
09-02-2012, 06:24 PM

Yeah, someone with a bit of English passion like Keggy Keegle :lol:

Fact is, they are performing at the level they're capable of.
Headline for you: ENGLAND AREN'T THAT GOOD AT FOOTBALL.

Capello is a FAR better manager with a FAR better pedigree than 'Arry (who I'm not saying is incompetent, but he's not at that level). Ideally I would like the England manager to be English but please don't think a good English manager is going to do any better than a good foreign one. We've had plenty of England managers down the years, most of whom have had good club records which is why they were picked. We've failed repeatedly. Why? 'Cos basically, we're not that great.

'Arry has done well at Spurs but he inherited a good squad which was massively under-performing and he supplemented it with good signings. Neither will be true at England level.

In brief: I hope 'Arry gets the job because it will hopefully derail the Spuds and it'll shut the press up (and you, apparently) and about having an English manager when we fail again. And we will. At which stage we'll have the press writing all kinds of abuse about 'Arry and lauding the next English manager as who we need to turn things around and round and round the merry-go-round we go.

Letters
09-02-2012, 07:37 PM
Spot.
On

http://www.football365.com/john-nicholson/7498696/John-Nich

Syn
09-02-2012, 07:51 PM
Spot.
On

Yeah, very well said indeed.

I do want him in charge but only because the spuds might well appoint a complete moron that'll set them back.

Rors
09-02-2012, 08:20 PM
Spot.
On

There is always a tendency for a collective group think in football where assumptions are made by a few and adopted by many others. This must explain why Capello, win ratio of 67% and all, is being described as though he was a failure and a bad manager, a bad man, even.

If it wasn't such a hoary old meme, I'd say "nail on head" right now.

Arsenal Fan
09-02-2012, 08:28 PM
the FA fucked up and making the breach of contract a big deal was petty.
sad to see capello go, i thought he was a good man for the job and deserved another tournament to see what he could do.
nonetheless, i was rednapp since it'll mean it will fuck up up tottenham and i think he's right for the job - english lad an all...

McNamara That Ghost...
10-02-2012, 09:34 AM
'Race relations controversy' related to Pearce has resurfaced. I'm not even sure what that means, it's on SSN but I can't find a link for it anywhere.

Also, why would any manager want it? Even a caretaker manager gets their life opened up within days.

Marc Overmars
10-02-2012, 10:15 AM
Apparently Pearce's brother is a member of the BNP. :lol:

SSN also referred to an incident from 94 when Pearce supposedly made a racial slur to Paul Ince.

McNamara That Ghost...
10-02-2012, 10:17 AM
Well I suppose it's the FA's fault for putting his brother on the staff. :unsure:

Syn
10-02-2012, 11:37 AM
SSN also referred to an incident from 94 when Pearce supposedly made a racial slur to Paul Ince.

Banter tbh.

Jesus. You'd have to be mental to accept the England job unless you've done less wrong than mother teresa.

Hump
10-02-2012, 12:10 PM
Banter tbh. Jesus. You'd have to be mental to accept the England job unless you've done less wrong than mother teresa.Mother Teresa was approached but terms couldn't be agreed, she wanted an executive box at Wembley for the Pope and his entourage, an FA Sponsored outreach programme to the slums of Calcutta, but it was insisting on a 5- 3- 2 formation that was the deal breaker.

KSE Comedy Club
10-02-2012, 01:14 PM
How fucking ridiculous, the fucking media make me sick!

Never mind pearce's fantastic track record with the under 21 national team, and all the hard work he has done since becoming a manager, now he's going to be looking after 1 game with the senior squad, let's drag up some heated exchange on the pitch he was involved in 18 years ago :rolleyes: :doh:

Fuck these ****s tbh.

I would love to see Pearce take over as England manager, he'd do a top job and it would be well deserved.

But some subliminal message keeps telling me I want redknapp :unsure:

Shaqiri Is Boss
10-02-2012, 01:16 PM
Ban him for 8 games, I say.

Olivier's xmas twist
10-02-2012, 04:19 PM
How fucking ridiculous, the fucking media make me sick!Never mind pearce's fantastic track record with the under 21 national team, and all the hard work he has done since becoming a manager, now he's going to be looking after 1 game with the senior squad, let's drag up some heated exchange on the pitch he was involved in 18 years ago :rolleyes: :doh:

Fuck these ****s tbh.

I would love to see Pearce take over as England manager, he'd do a top job and it would be well deserved.

But some subliminal message keeps telling me I want redknapp :unsure:

And these feckers have the cheek to do it jsut before a tournament, then when we loose all focus and fail, they are the 1st to judge. Who'd want be be England manager eh.

dazthegooner
10-02-2012, 04:35 PM
All part of the job of being England manager atm Redknapp is the darling of the press this won't last long if he does get it the England job is a lose,lose one...

Coney
10-02-2012, 07:23 PM
There is always a tendency for a collective group think in football where assumptions are made by a few and adopted by many others. This must explain why Capello, win ratio of 67% and all, is being described as though he was a failure and a bad manager, a bad man, even.

I think that is because when we got to the WC finals, the team caved in and showed no desire or passion. Skill level didn't come into it. They had zero drive and zero motivation. I think that is where 'arry might succeed.

Anyway, we can debate this till the cows come home and disagree. If 'arry becomes manager, we'll know by the WC campaign and, should we make it, the WC finals.

Cripps_orig
10-02-2012, 07:29 PM
If the players have no desire or passion at a world cup then theres f all any manager can do

Coney
10-02-2012, 07:41 PM
If the players have no desire or passion at a world cup then theres f all any manager can do

It's a self belief thing. Or lack of. A bit like the Arsenal in recent times.

And no, I don't want 'arry at the Arsenal.

Master Splinter
10-02-2012, 10:17 PM
The most important question to arise from these events is: why does Coney love Crooknapp so much?

It's just not on.

Marc Overmars
10-02-2012, 10:21 PM
It's because Coney is a GHEL.

Master Splinter
10-02-2012, 10:24 PM
Grey Haired English Lad?

GP
10-02-2012, 10:29 PM
The most important question to arise from these events is: why does Coney love Crooknapp so much?

It's just not on.

It's almost as bad as Letters being a Sherringham fan.

Almost.

Marc Overmars
10-02-2012, 10:42 PM
Nothing is as bad as that, Sheringham hates Arsenal and is proud of it.

Lettuce. :rose:

GP
10-02-2012, 10:48 PM
Nothing is as bad as that, Sheringham hates Arsenal and is proud of it.

Lettuce. :rose:

He's had a shocker.

And so has his face.

Marc Overmars
10-02-2012, 10:52 PM
He's had a shocker.

And so has his face.

Is that Scott Pilgrim in your avatar?

GP
10-02-2012, 11:16 PM
Yes, yes it is.

Marc Overmars
11-02-2012, 10:36 AM
http://www.reed.co.uk/jobs/england-football-manager-london-wembley-travel-required/21171278

Olivier's xmas twist
11-02-2012, 11:07 AM

Coney
11-02-2012, 05:57 PM

It's just not on.

Because I'm English, think we should have an English manager for the England team, think the team needs a team motivator to perform, that Redknapp is the best one to achieve that. And if it fucks up spuds, all the better.

Simples.

Letters
12-02-2012, 09:25 AM
:doh: How long did they spend sucking 'Arry's cock on MoTD last night? :sick:

No wonder he's got a twitch

:arry:

Coney
12-02-2012, 03:44 PM

If it wasn't such a hoary old meme, I'd say "nail on head" right now.

Given he fucked up in South Africa where it counted, I'm not sure the stat is so significant. How does his qualification record compare with other managers - apart from McLaren most times we have qualified OK. What counts is the record in the actual tournaments. Even Erikson did better than Capello and it is English managers that have taken us the furthest in the finals, not the non-English managers. I think one of the factors is that when you are asking the players to perform and doing the 'England expects' bit, it must fall a bit flat if the manager is non-English.

GP
12-02-2012, 03:48 PM
Given he fucked up in South Africa where it counted, I'm not sure the stat is so significant. How does his qualification record compare with other managers - apart from McLaren most times we have qualified OK. What counts is the record in the actual tournaments. Even Erikson did better than Capello and it is English managers that have taken us the furthest in the finals, not the non-English managers. I think one of the factors is that when you are asking the players to perform and doing the 'England expects' bit, it must fall a bit flat if the manager is non-English.

It's been said before, but if these players really need motivating to perform in the world cup finals, then they shouldn't be there in the first place.

McNamara That Ghost...
12-02-2012, 03:50 PM
To Coney: I think it's more that when England come up against better opposition, they lose - England's record in knockout ties has been horrendous for decades. Also, there's this assumption that it's only English players that have pressure placed on them due to national expectations.

Coney
12-02-2012, 04:17 PM
To Coney: I think it's more that when England come up against better opposition, they lose - England's record in knockout ties has been horrendous for decades. Also, there's this assumption that it's only English players that have pressure placed on them due to national expectations.

I think our players do underperform. The pressure thing is the media being twats - I'm not sure how much pressure is put on players from other countries by their own media - are they really as savage as our press? But a manager like Redknapp (and El Tel and Robson) is the kind to be able to help players deal with that shit.

I'm not sure our record in knockouts is 'horrendous' compared to most other countries. We've got to semis under English managers - while we might have screwed up at the last, I would not say it was horrendous. Robson (English) and Venables (English) lost in semi-finals on penalties to the eventual winners. While that was painful for English supporters, that is hardly horrendous. Under Erikson, when we got knocked out, it was because we played uninspired shit - he was no motivator. There were stories coming out of the England camp after the defeat against Brazil about Erikson's half-time talk which apparently was a non-entity. I think 'arry would do better than that. He does know how to talk to English players - GHELs if you like - and that motivational leadership is what I think has been missing from our performances in tournament finals. I've thought that for years - decades - and have never approved of having non-English managers for an English team. Teams are supposed to represent their countries and the manager is part of that team. Once we water down the idea by having non-English components, then we are heading away from the idea of internationals.

Letters
12-02-2012, 04:22 PM
it is English managers that have taken us the furthest in the finals, not the non-English managers.

That is a completely meaningless stat. Of course they have because over all our history in World Cups there have been more English than foreign managers. I could equally say the last time we failed to qualify for a finals at all was under an English manager ergo we should always have foreign managers. That would be equally spurious.

There is no reason at all to think a good English manager would do better than a good foreign one. Right now I do agree 'Arry is a good choice but he's not a genius (by his own admission) and I don't believe England will suddenly be sweeping all before them under him. I think he'll do OK and then after a few tournament finals where we fail the press who now so laud him will turn against him and round we go again.

McNamara That Ghost...
12-02-2012, 04:50 PM
I think our players do underperform. The pressure thing is the media being twats - I'm not sure how much pressure is put on players from other countries by their own media - are they really as savage as our press? But a manager like Redknapp (and El Tel and Robson) is the kind to be able to help players deal with that shit.

I'm not sure our record in knockouts is 'horrendous' compared to most other countries. We've got to semis under English managers - while we might have screwed up at the last, I would not say it was horrendous. Robson (English) and Venables (English) lost in semi-finals on penalties to the eventual winners. While that was painful for English supporters, that is hardly horrendous. Under Erikson, when we got knocked out, it was because we played uninspired shit - he was no motivator. There were stories coming out of the England camp after the defeat against Brazil about Erikson's half-time talk which apparently was a non-entity. I think 'arry would do better than that. He does know how to talk to English players - GHELs if you like - and that motivational leadership is what I think has been missing from our performances in tournament finals. I've thought that for years - decades - and have never approved of having non-English managers for an English team. Teams are supposed to represent their countries and the manager is part of that team. Once we water down the idea by having non-English components, then we are heading away from the idea of internationals.

A list of teams England have beaten in knockout ties since 1990 in the Euros and World Cup:

1990: Belgium (aet), Cameroon (aet)

1992: N/A (didn't win a game in the group stages)

1994: didn't qualify.

1996: Spain (on pelanties)

1998: N/A (went out to Argentina on pelanties in the last 16).

2000: Went out in the group stages.

2002: Denmark.

2004: N/A (went out to Portugal on pelanties in the QF's)

2006: Ecuador.

2008: didn't qualify

2010: N/A (went out to Germany in the last 16).

I don't think the nationality of the manager is going to make a huge amount of difference, unless, unless the next manager is prepared to say to those that have failed time and again, their time is up. Passion isn't going to get you that far, it doesn't in the Champions League, it won't in the international tournaments. Also, 'Arry had admitted he doesn't particularly have much time for tactics rs- that's just not an approach that can work against much higher quality opponents in international tournaments. For example Maradona is as passionate as it gets and is absolutely beloved in Argentina but he didn't have a clue internationally. No team ever wins the major tournaments anymore unless they have a coach that has a tactical brain and players with heightened technique; in English coaches and players, that has generally been lacking.

It's probably a consquence of the Premier League that it has become this way, the necessity of trying to play at 100mph doesn't allow technique to be the most important facet developed in English players (historically anyway). And that is why I say the next manager/coach needs to bring in a totally new side of the players that do have technical ability, otherwise this cycle of international dissapointment is bound to continue. Germany decided to start again after 2000 with a new approach and granted they haven't won anything yet but they are bearing the fruits of that change now, it should've been done years ago with England when it became clear the same old, same old was nowhere near enough.

And the press in Italy, Spain and Brazil is as savage as anywhere. In Italy probably even moreso than England.

Coney
12-02-2012, 05:40 PM
As I said in another thread - we'll just have to see. Anyway, one thing I want is an English manager.

Marc Overmars
12-02-2012, 05:43 PM
Agree about ripping everything up and starting again. The "golden generation" should have been done away with a long time ago. Another point about them is that I genuinely think they don't enjoy playing for England - so fuck 'em I say. Bring the young guys in and build from there. Wilshere had a place nailed down last year so I think the transition is underway.

I'm also hoping Oxlade is taken to the Euros.

Syn
12-02-2012, 07:09 PM
I believe the manager should be English but not 'English' English. My kind of English. i.e. not necessarily English at all. Mourinho is English. He had built (sorry, bought) a title-winning side managing good, honest lads. Steve McClaren is arguably the most qualified English English candidate but he is not English. English is not a nationality, it's a philosophy. Maradona is as English as they get...and honestly, I wouldn't mind if he became England manager. It would be a good laugh. And isn't that all we're after in life? A good laugh? I rest my face.

Cripps_orig
12-02-2012, 07:14 PM
Agree about ripping everything up and starting again. The "golden generation" should have been done away with a long time ago. Another point about them is that I genuinely think they don't enjoy playing for England - so fuck 'em I say. Bring the young guys in and build from there. Wilshere had a place nailed down last year so I think the transition is underway.

I'm also hoping Oxlade is taken to the Euros.All that was under Capello....

Bring Harry in and the likes of Lampard, Rio and J Cole would never be dropped.

They are his West Ham lads. And in the Lumps case, his nephew.

We wont have anyone new under Harry.

Hiddink, Hiddink
Hes our man
If he cant do it
No one can

Olivier's xmas twist
12-02-2012, 07:17 PM
All that was under Capello....

Bring Harry in and the likes of Lampard, Rio and J Cole would never be dropped.

They are his West Ham lads. And in the Lumps case, his nephew.

We wont have anyone new under Harry.

Hiddink, Hiddink
Hes our man
If he cant do it
No one can

Not to mention we'd have to put up with a load of spud players in the team too. Theo will never get a shot over lennon with arry in charge.

Coney
12-02-2012, 07:36 PM
Not to mention we'd have to put up with a load of spud players in the team too. Theo will never get a shot over lennon with arry in charge.

Theo would never get a shot at the Arsenal with GW in charge. ;)

Cripps_orig
13-02-2012, 12:09 AM
Harry Redknapp would try to entice Paul Scholes, 37, out of international retirement if he were to land the England job.
Full story: The Guardian

Told you

Master Splinter
13-02-2012, 12:20 AM
Scholes is still better than every England midfielder bar Wilshere, so it would actually be a good decision on Crooknapp's part.

Cripps_orig
13-02-2012, 12:53 AM
The same Scholes that cried like a bitch cos he was shite in the middle for England for years and didnt score for 3 years i think and cos of that, he was moved to the left during Euro 2004 to accomodate the lump and Stevie Me and ironically enough, he scored his first goal in ages for England playing on the left during that tournament but then retired cos he couldnt handle the competition and has been a bit shit for Mancs ever since?