PDA

View Full Version : The Old Site

Letters
22-05-2011, 09:51 PM
As The Wengerbabies has noted, I have hidden most of the sections in the old site for now. I've done that just to make it very obvious to people that we've moved. I will re-show them in due course.

:tiphat:

adzzzbatch
22-05-2011, 09:52 PM
You blew it up!! Damn you! Damn you all to hell!!

Arsenal Fan
22-05-2011, 10:28 PM
well this is all very exciting, my first post...ohhhhh

Arsenal Fan
22-05-2011, 10:40 PM
feeling very nostalgic, going to miss the old boards...:'( so much history...

Letters
22-05-2011, 11:10 PM
I've un-hidden the sections now btw. At some point we'll try to integrate them into this site as an archive but now you know where it is.

Arsenal Fan
22-05-2011, 11:11 PM
that would be a good addition :)

Wengerball
23-05-2011, 12:16 AM
This site, smells like a new car, and I don't know where all the buttons are yet, anyway hello to all :cheer::cheer::cheer:

The Wengerbabies
23-05-2011, 12:19 AM
This site, smells like a new car, and I don't know where all the buttons are yet, anyway hello to all :cheer::cheer::cheer:

Hey, hows life down under?

Wengerball
23-05-2011, 12:26 AM
It's good, but we are still living with the in-laws which is a not my prefered choice, but that should change soon.
I have hardly seen an Arsenal game which is very frustrating and until we get our own place that will not change.
I am hoping my wife gets a job flying again and I will have a few years as a house husband as I fancy a change from work.

I'm at work now (VW) so at least I can check out the new site now...

You good?

The Wengerbabies
23-05-2011, 12:30 AM
It's good, but we are still living with the in-laws which is a not my prefered choice, but that should change soon.
I have hardly seen an Arsenal game which is very frustrating and until we get our own place that will not change.
I am hoping my wife gets a job flying again and I will have a few years as a house husband as I fancy a change from work.

I'm at work now (VW) so at least I can check out the new site now...

You good?

Cool.

Trust me its not you're lucky that you haven't seen many Arsenal games, watching them now thats frustrating.

Is your wife a pilot or something? Thats pretty awesome.

Wengerball
23-05-2011, 01:18 AM
I have been following Arsenal's collapse from the BBC website, idiots :crying:

No, she is cabin crew and is looking at Virgin Blue (used to work Virgin Atlantic) and I am hoping she gets the job then I will spend my days with my little boy (18 months) :jumpnana:

Elche
23-05-2011, 08:02 AM
I have to say I understand the reasons we had to move. But I really don't like the feel of this site at all. It's just like all the rest..The old GW had such a good feeling about it, it was much more Arsenal, much more user friendly and unique in it's style.

First impressions YUK!

Letters
23-05-2011, 08:54 AM
I have to say I understand the reasons we had to move. But I really don't like the feel of this site at all. It's just like all the rest..The old GW had such a good feeling about it, it was much more Arsenal, much more user friendly and unique in it's style.

First impressions YUK!

Use the feedback thread if you have constructive suggestions. Comments like "I don't like the feel of this site" are vague and unhelpful. All forums are pretty much the same layout, this is basically the same as the old GW. It has sections with threads in which you can reply to. What makes a forum is the people, not the stylesheet. That said we are able to customise the site so if you have constructive suggestions as to how we can improve the look of it then post them in the feedback thread. Thanks.

Elche
23-05-2011, 09:10 AM
Use the feedback thread if you have constructive suggestions. Comments like "I don't like the feel of this site" are vague and unhelpful. All forums are pretty much the same layout, this is basically the same as the old GW. It has sections with threads in which you can reply to. What makes a forum is the people, not the stylesheet. That said we are able to customise the site so if you have constructive suggestions as to how we can improve the look of it then post them in the feedback thread. Thanks.

I couldn't at first glance find the feedback area...As I said it takes some getting used to. Of course the people make a site, but people always commented how cool the old site was, how Arsenal it was and it was easy to get around. This site ¨feels¨ cold.

Sorry you don't think thats constructive, but it is not all about specifcs...I will find the feedback area and try to pinpoint why I don't like this site on it's first impressions.

Letters
23-05-2011, 09:14 AM
I couldn't at first glance find the feedback area...As I said it takes some getting used to. Of course the people make a site, but people always commented how cool the old site was, how Arsenal it was and it was easy to get around. This site ¨feels¨ cold.

Sorry you don't think thats constructive, but it is not all about specifcs...I will find the feedback area and try to pinpoint why I don't like this site on it's first impressions.

Do you know you can change the style? There's a home kit and away kit and a 'boring boring Arsenal' one which is grey and supposedly work safe.
Does that help or did you know that already? There's a style dropdown at the bottom of the page.
Like I said the site is very customisable but we'll never find a style which everyone likes.

Marc Overmars
23-05-2011, 09:21 AM
It's bound to be a shock to the system because we were all so used to the old site, I'm still finding my way around the place but it's quite simple to get to grips with IMO.

It doesn't help we don't have any football to talk about now but once the silly season kicks in I'm sure we would have all adapted.

New GW FTW.

The Wengerbabies
23-05-2011, 09:42 AM

First impressions YUK!

I think it'll just take a bit of getting used to tbh. I like it.

If you won't a more unique style select the 'Away Kit' theme...

LDG
23-05-2011, 09:45 AM
It's bound to be a shock to the system because we were all so used to the old site, I'm still finding my way around the place but it's quite simple to get to grips with IMO.

It doesn't help we don't have any football to talk about now but once the silly season kicks in I'm sure we would have all adapted.

New GW FTW.

More importantly, old GW was a cancer which ate away at the team. 6 years.

I'm sure this new site will bring more luck.

The Dismantler
23-05-2011, 11:40 AM
oh dear, im here

:yawn:

The Dismantler
23-05-2011, 11:41 AM
how do you get pictures in your sig, like the old site?

fakeyank
23-05-2011, 02:39 PM
As The Wengerbabies has noted, I have hidden most of the sections in the old site for now. I've done that just to make it very obvious to people that we've moved. I will re-show them in due course.

:tiphat:

Ni**a, you be back in the hood... tight shit yo! Match days are finally going to be awesome again! :dancingman:

EDIT: I wanted to post that reply to Adzz.. oops! Reply with Quote is at the bottom instead of top :lol:

fakeyank
23-05-2011, 02:40 PM
You blew it up!! Damn you! Damn you all to hell!!

Welcome back homes!!

Sirjackofwilshere
23-05-2011, 02:42 PM
Miss the old site already. Bring it back.

milla
23-05-2011, 02:49 PM
Miss the old site already. Bring it back.

man the feck up and move on :coffee:

danisinkz
24-05-2011, 08:35 AM
I think it'll just take a bit of getting used to tbh. I like it.

If you won't a more unique style select the 'Away Kit' theme...

The Away Kit scheme is horrible!!!! I want Yellow and Dark Blue! not green

The Dismantler
24-05-2011, 09:42 PM
i think i can see my sig :dancingman: