PDA

View Full Version : The leavers, the stayers and the untouchables

Flavs
25-05-2011, 11:35 AM
Ok so we are aware that a clear out is going to happen at the club this season, although none of us know on what scale or whether they will be permanents, loans or forced. So my question would be who is going, who is staying and who is untouchable in that they definately wont be going anywhere.

Also who of the stiffs will you be sad to see go?

(Oh and i am not bloody interested in your Footie manager predictions of who we will sign either)

LDG
25-05-2011, 11:41 AM
Untouchables are: Jack, Walcott, RVP, Sagna, TV5, Shjhkejnw/, Djourou, Kos, Ramsey

Leavers: Cesc, Clichy, Squid, Bendy, Denilson, Eboue

Stayers: Champax, Gibbs, Arshavin, Fabianski, Song + other squaddies.

These are just my preferences, plus some of what I've heard, btw.

Forgot about Nasri. Who knows....think he might fuck off.

Dennis
25-05-2011, 11:42 AM
stayers -

flappy
chesney
sagna
verminator

aaron
jack

rvp
theo

the rest can do one as far as im concerned. never before in almost 30yrs have i felt such a lack of 'love' for arsenal players

Ironing
25-05-2011, 11:44 AM
Kos is untouchable? :shrug:

KSE Comedy Club
25-05-2011, 11:47 AM
Wont be sad to see anyone go, tbh,tbf,wtfbbq.

Going:

Deffo:

Bendy
Denilson
Eboue
Almunia
Rosicky

Deffinately maybe:

Cesc

Maybe:

Nasri
Arshavin

Some kids out on loan :shrug:

Thats about it I think.

LDG
25-05-2011, 11:48 AM
Kos is untouchable? :shrug:

I like the lad. He just needs some good tutoring. His timing is excellent, but his positioning let's him down. Think he's quality personally...had it been a season where we didn't implode quite as much, I think most would be saying he had a decent first year in the prem.....

KSE Comedy Club
25-05-2011, 11:49 AM
I like the lad. He just needs some good tutoring. His timing is excellent, but his positioning let's him down. Think he's quality personally...had it been a season where we didn't implode quite as much, I think most would be saying he had a decent first year in the prem.....

I agree with that. He did have some outstanding games.

Flavs
25-05-2011, 11:55 AM
for me i think the leavers are;

Denilson, bendtner,traore, Eboue, Rosicky, Almunia, Randall, Watt and probably a host of kids

Maybe's are Diaby, Nasri, Cesc, Arshavin, mannone, Clichy, Vela, Squidvestre

The untouchables are RvP, Walcott, Sagna, Seidcbeyajnaxzzz, Jo Djo, Gibbs, Windshear, Ramsey,

I think the rest of the squad are buyable i just dont think anyone would go after them. The one i would be said to go would be Diaby, i still genuinely feel he could be a dominant attacking midfielder if could stay fit and was coached right.

Ironing
25-05-2011, 11:56 AM
I think he's alright

Untouchable is taking it too far though

In my eye's the CC Final cock-up was solely down to him. Pretending to swing at the ball but then not actually doing do? Szcz had no chance

Marc Overmars
25-05-2011, 12:34 PM
for me i think the leavers are;

Denilson, bendtner,traore, Eboue, Rosicky, Almunia, Randall, Watt and probably a host of kids

Maybe's are Diaby, Nasri, Cesc, Arshavin, mannone, Clichy, Vela, Squidvestre

The untouchables are RvP, Walcott, Sagna, Seidcbeyajnaxzzz, Jo Djo, Gibbs, Windshear, Ramsey,

I think the rest of the squad are buyable i just dont think anyone would go after them. The one i would be said to go would be Diaby, i still genuinely feel he could be a dominant attacking midfielder if could stay fit and was coached right.

Yeah I'd go along with that.

Except the Diaby part. Very limited player IMO and is only available twice a month for selection, we can't carry a passenger like that.

AKBapologist
25-05-2011, 12:59 PM
I'm so chuffed. For the first time in a long time, the list of people who I'd want to go almost match the list of people who might go.

Definatly going:
Clichy
Bendtner
Denilson
Alumina
Vela
Rosicky
A whole bunch of loanee's who where regularly benched, or worse.

Maybe:
Arshavin
Cesc

IBK
25-05-2011, 01:10 PM
First team-wise, I reckon

Definitely

Denilson
Bendy
Arshavin
Almunia
Rosicky

Probably

Fabregas
Nasri
Clichy

Possibly

Eboue

I no longer like any of them, apart from Eboue (who for some reason I still have a little soft spot for - maybe because he showed such character 2 seasons ago and is - like Almunia; Rosicky and Clichy (whom I don't have a soft spot for) not an obvious wanker).

IBK
25-05-2011, 01:13 PM
BTW the number of players who look like they are going does worry me. Teams that shed so many players invariably come back weaker in the first instance, no matter who they sign.

budesonide
25-05-2011, 02:00 PM
BTW the number of players who look like they are going does worry me. Teams that shed so many players invariably come back weaker in the first instance, no matter who they sign.

Which is why ideally, AW should be the one packing it in. But I think it is what is needed -- even if it is just to signal a new and bold intent and show the competition we mean business.

Syn
25-05-2011, 02:16 PM

In our case, I think the less continuity there is the better. We might lose some good players, but there is not a single one which has proven they have the mentality to play well when things aren't going our way in pressure situations.

LDG
25-05-2011, 02:21 PM
I reckon it'll help, not hinder.

If the sense of frustration and staleness is the same within the club as it is in it's fanbase, I can only imagine a host of new faces would brighten the whole place up.

Look how Kenny freshening things up helped Liverpool.

IBK
25-05-2011, 02:24 PM
I take both points - but a shed load of new players will take time to gel - look at Citeh. Not sure that having 5 or 6 changes to the first team is going to get us any better result next year than this, whether or not there is a case for letting numbers go,

I would agree with LDG, though, Cesc must go.

LDG
25-05-2011, 02:30 PM
I take both points - but a shed load of new players will take time to gel - look at Citeh. Not sure that having 5 or 6 changes to the first team is going to get us any better result next year than this, whether or not there is a case for letting numbers go,

I would agree with LDG, though, Cesc must go.

Don't think that matters tbh. I don't think stagnating as we are currently is the same as making changes for the better.

If we bought in quality, defended better, didn't implode at the first sign of pressure, but still only got fourth, most people would accept it. Especially if we were actually showing a new sense of direction and hope.

Dentonboy
25-05-2011, 02:51 PM
Certain leavers: I think the following are as good as sold.

Bendtner (wants to go; £10m apparently), Denilson (again, wants to go; about £7m), Clichy (contract stalling, form regressed, again, for about £7m), Mannone (£500k), Bartley (£1m) and Almunia (nominal - £1m?). I think the writing has been on the wall for this lot for a while.

Possible leavers include:

Fabregas - if a huge offer comes in or if he really wants out. I would say a £40m+ bid would do it.
Nasri - If that contract remains unsigned, there is no way Arsenal will let him leave on a free and would look to earn about £20m from a transfer.
Arshavin - Could be sacrificed if he wants out or if Wenger feels the EPL isn't for him. £10m+.
Chamakh - I'd think Wenger would want him to have a second season, but again, should an escape route appear for the right money, I can see him leaving for about £9m.
Eboue - With Jenkinson signing, that could be that for everyone's favourite tiger-dressing RB. £5m.
Rosicky - To leave to get off of wage bill and because he is clearly finished. Could stay for his experience. £2m.
Squillaci - If a bid were to arrive, I think he'd go. £3m.
Vela - Probably bound to go, Spain or Portugal I'd reckon - £5m.
Lansbury - I think someone will take a punt on him, £4m.
Randall - Again, think his time is probably up - £2m.
Watt - Cash in - £3m.

Stayers - almost certainly safe from a transfer:

Gibbs, Song, Walcott, Koscielny, Sagna, Diaby (would sell if up to me, I have to say), Fabianski (as before, would sell), Ramsey, Frimpong and Eastmond.

Untouchables - Players Wenger would be loathe to sell and I'd imagine will get improved contracts fairly sharpish if not already:

Vermaelen, van Persie, Wilshere, Djourou, Szczęsny and Miquel (who I think there are high hopes for).

The Wengerbabies
25-05-2011, 04:44 PM
As I've said before apart from Wilshere, Ramsey, Chesney and RVP I really don't care who leaves.

And I'm not totally sold on RVP as we all know he'll miss 1/2 the season.