PDA

View Full Version : HMRC vs Football. 7:30pm, SSN.

McNamara That Ghost...
27-02-2012, 08:58 AM
Special report tonight on SSN is about what the HRMC are doing to crack down on the clubs that avoiding paying them, it wouldn't surprise me if taxes avoided are in the hundreds of billions. What I can gather from the teaser is that some clubs are using the money they would be taxed on to keep themselves afloat.

The problem I have with this is I don't think it is really getting at the heart of why clubs are in this situation in the first place, every club wants to get on the gravy train and thus take more and more risks to achieve that. I guess they are thinking once they have achieved it, then we'll achieve it. I daresay clubs might even be more nefarious and purposely be reckless with finances on the hope they'll be bailed out by a wealthy owner. It isn't helped with the inflation of wages and if a higher league club wants a player from a lower league club, they have no choice to accept for a paltry sum, so the only realistic way they'll ever get out of the mess is by spending more and more to offset the loss of that one player of real quality.

However, I guess that isn't their responsibility as such, they're just responsible for recovering the owed taxes. Appoint me on the FA tbf.

Flavs
27-02-2012, 09:43 AM
Appoint me on the FA tbf.

Appoint any morally sound football fan and it would get instantly better

McNamara That Ghost...
27-02-2012, 10:15 AM
Ah I withdraw my application then.