PDA

View Full Version : Welcome Message for New Users

LDG
25-05-2011, 03:24 PM
Is anyone gonna do some ramble in the new users section.

From what people say, this place tends to be a bit different in it's ways and words from other forums.

Didn't know if it would be useful to have one of our glorious leaders do a little intro....

Letters
25-05-2011, 03:46 PM
Could do. I was thinking I should change the email people get when they sign up to give more info but it doesn't have to be either/or, could do both.

Xhaka Can’t
25-05-2011, 03:52 PM
I'm not so sure that this is as necessary as on the previous Board as there is quite a lot of information that posters could write about themselves if they choose in their 'About Me' section.

Also, people tend to change their names a lot here. Perhaps we should cut down on that and only change names under special circumstances such as someone having a name like IwanttohaveSamirsbabies only for Nasri to move to Man Utd.

LDG
25-05-2011, 04:00 PM
Kinda meant more about the board personality rather than users....more of a selling point really.

Up to you guys, just thought it would be useful.

Usernames are the users choice surely. I'm not that fussed who's called what. Sometimes it's more fun trying to work it out. Which I'm shit at btw.

The Wengerbabies
25-05-2011, 04:56 PM
Kinda meant more about the board personality rather than users....more of a selling point really.

Up to you guys, just thought it would be useful.

Usernames are the users choice surely. I'm not that fussed who's called what. Sometimes it's more fun trying to work it out. Which I'm shit at btw.

I like this idea. When the blog is up and running it should include a GWictionary.

Jofnn
25-05-2011, 05:27 PM
one thing that's worked on a lot of my previous forums that I've run... is a "meet the staff" section... where each of the staff write up a bit about themselves (bit like PoTW questions) to add a bit more personality...

Can help with building "that picture" of people, turning you from "a name on a forum" to being a real person again!

McNamara That Ghost...
25-05-2011, 06:30 PM
Each of us mods could do a Cribs style show.

:good:

Jofnn
25-05-2011, 06:37 PM
Each of us mods could do a Cribs style show.

:good:

... and this is my beer-pong table :good:

McNamara That Ghost...
25-05-2011, 06:43 PM
Beer Pong.

:bow:

Xhaka Can’t
25-05-2011, 06:44 PM
You guys are so wild and crrrrazy!

Syn
25-05-2011, 07:19 PM
:haha: