PDA

View Full Version : Chamakh is Shit

Niall_Quinn
22-05-2011, 09:55 PM
Fact. We need to get rid of this guy and get a proper striker in.

cheesy bites
22-05-2011, 09:56 PM
The first post in the Arsenal debate :)

On topic, yes we should. But there are plenty more that are ahead of him in the queue to be shipped out.

adzzzbatch
22-05-2011, 09:57 PM

:gp:

Tbh I'm sick of most of them.

Niall_Quinn
22-05-2011, 09:58 PM
The first post in the Arsenal debate :)

It was about time someone said it, tbh.

Özim
22-05-2011, 09:59 PM
Bag o'shite. Vinger do the necessary.

Gubby Allen
22-05-2011, 10:02 PM
Seems as good a point as any to agree with to get the new account up & running.

Mr.Singh
22-05-2011, 10:07 PM
Wenger is shit too

GP
22-05-2011, 10:08 PM
Great player

Niall_Quinn
22-05-2011, 10:09 PM
Great player

About as good as your face.

Özim
22-05-2011, 10:09 PM
Maybe, but not a great footballer.

Dicks and chicks
22-05-2011, 10:30 PM
his first 3 months were good but he lacks consistancy, I say give him one more year

Kaiser
22-05-2011, 10:34 PM
He might be a 'playa' though. Remember the silhouette in the Independent super injunction article a while back? Was obviously Chakma, that horrific hair-gelled atrocity could be spotted from a mile off.

irishitaliangooner
23-05-2011, 04:31 PM

Harsh... Chamakh was doing the business for us while RvP was out... I just don't think that since RvP returned that Cham was given any chance to prove himself... He will come good next season.

Arsenal Fan
23-05-2011, 07:57 PM
Harsh... Chamakh was doing the business for us while RvP was out... I just don't think that since RvP returned that Cham was given any chance to prove himself... He will come good next season.

you need to be a good player to come good, and a good player he certainly is not

Cripps_orig
23-05-2011, 11:30 PM
Chamakh is the least of our problems. Expected him to get between 10-15 this season and thats what he got,

Job done id say. He'll be better next season.

Marc Overmars
23-05-2011, 11:37 PM
The problem is that when he is given a chance, he never gives the manager a headache for the next game. Hernandez at United forced Berbatov out of the team due to several cameos. You don't get that with Chamakh or Bendtner, when they come on we resign ourselves to the likelihood we're not going to get the goal we need.

Cripps_orig
23-05-2011, 11:45 PM
Wouldnt disagree with that. Chamakh is a better starter than as a sub coming on. I think he'll come good though. If Wenger had the balls to play Chamakh and RVP upfront, we'd be better off.

Hoping he gets a good pre season under his belt, scores a few v Austrian pub teams and then bangs them in at the start of the season and grows from there.

ElusiveGooner
24-05-2011, 07:36 AM
Wouldnt disagree with that. Chamakh is a better starter than as a sub coming on. I think he'll come good though. If Wenger had the balls to play Chamakh and RVP upfront, we'd be better off.

Hoping he gets a good pre season under his belt, scores a few v Austrian pub teams and then bangs them in at the start of the season and grows from there.

Considering it's his first season in the prem, and the chronic lack of suppy from the wings, he has had a good first season.

Flavs
24-05-2011, 08:15 AM
Great player

Obiwan Kenobinil
24-05-2011, 09:26 AM
Chamakh is the least of our problems. Expected him to get between 10-15 this season and thats what he got,

Job done id say. He'll be better next season.

Yup.

Alan B'stard
24-05-2011, 09:43 AM
i think he is an improvement on bendter and happens to be out of form. For personal reasons...

Niall_Quinn
24-05-2011, 12:06 PM
Well we have a simple choice, stick with this guy - who for me is the a player so unsuited to this league it's painful to watch, or go and get that striker we've needed for a long time. Somebody who will just stick the damn ball in the net, even if it's an ugly scrambled effort. If he's been playing badly because of personal reasons then it's safe to say he's unprofessional. Arsenal have been paying him, are we a football club or a care centre? Probably don't answer that given the last 6 years.

Slacker
25-05-2011, 05:50 PM
I like the boy. He lacks a lot of confidence, but who doesn't in this team? Best thing for him would be second row for Barbarians on Sunday. He'll know what a scrap's about afterwards and might know the meaning of contact sport in these Isles. That might persuade him to stick his head in where it hurts and be a bit more direct in future. Well you can hope...

Ironing
25-05-2011, 09:41 PM
Get rid of Bendy and bring a reliable finisher in

Chamakh can be back-up

Cripps_orig
29-07-2011, 01:45 PM
After a topsy-turvy debut season for Arsenal striker Marouane Chamakh, the Moroccan insists he can improve his fortunes in the new campaign.

The attacker began last season in stunning form, netting 10 goals in his first 17 starts for the north London outfit following his move from French side Marseille and looked a fine stand-in for the injured Robin van Persie.

However, after the Dutchman returned to action, the 27-year-old Moroccan failed to maintain his scoring momentum and featured less and less in Arsene Wenger’s plans as the season progressed.

As the new season draws nearer, though, Chamakh insists he will not be repeating such a turn in form and that he will not suffer second season syndrome.

"I think this season will in fact be easier," he told the club’s official website.

"I understand both the football and the group better, and I now have many friends in this team. So I aim to keep improving and to make a big contribution.

"Your first pre-season is always difficult, you have to accustom yourself to new training and make new friends, but we’re all together and everything looks fine."

The Arsenal players return to the Emirates this weekend following their pre-season tours to Malaysia, China and Germany, with the trip to Asia having been a stand-out moment for the striker.

"I think it was a good, new experience for the entire squad," he said. 

"It was surprising to see the number of fans Arsenal have over there and I think it proved to us what a big club this is – people across the world demand that you do well.

"For us it was good to spend time in a different culture, while the supporters could watch us in matches and training, and see a lot of the club.

"Germany was a bit different. There were fewer supporters around and the training was harder both for us and the staff.

"But we played a good match against Cologne and had some great facilities there, so we’re happy with how it has all gone."

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2011/07/29/2596063/my-second-season-should-be-easier-arsenal-striker-marouane

Didnt want to start a new thread. Agree with most of that. Chamakh is the least of our problems. He'll come good

Chamakh haters :haha:

Özim
29-07-2011, 01:55 PM
I don't get why you like this guy when he's scared of goal, he went half a season where he barely had a shot on goal and complained about being tired on top of that.

Not the attitude of a player who's hungry to play and desperate to show his worth.

You also say you want us to get a striker (which I agree with) and yet if he was able to get the goals we wouldn't need one.

Cripps_orig
29-07-2011, 02:09 PM
I don't get why you like this guy when he's scared of goal, he went half a season where he barely had a shot on goal and complained about being tired on top of that.Not the attitude of a player who's hungry to play and desperate to show his worth.You also say you want us to get a striker (which I agree with) and yet if he was able to get the goals we wouldn't need one. Ignoring the being scared to shoot claptrap and going to the other points. Sure he was tired having never played in England before. Its called adjusting which he feels he has now hence he thinks it will be easier. We do need a striker to play alongside Chamakh when RVP is out for his annual 3 month injury. Yes Chamakh fell away 2nd half of the season but who bar RVP didn't? Don't forget he hardly played regularly either. Doesn't he have the CL record of most consecutive games scored in? He has the talent and I sure as hell don't give up on players after just a season.Come on Zimm, I'd have thought you'd have learned from the Adebayor shockers you had and would be willing to give this guy a chance.

LDG
29-07-2011, 02:33 PM
We haven't seen a cripps v zimm debate for fucking ages. Old school. Get it on lads. :popcorn:

Fats
29-07-2011, 02:51 PM
We haven't seen a cripps v zimm debate for fucking ages. Old school. Get it on lads. :popcorn:

:popcorn:lets get it on

Niall_Quinn
29-07-2011, 02:57 PM
Chamakh is shit.

Fats
29-07-2011, 03:00 PM
nuff said

Power n Glory
29-07-2011, 03:08 PM
Garbage player. He better get some confidence in front of goal otherwise we’d be better off keeping Bendtner.

Was so disappointed when I first saw him play. I knew he wasn’t a prolific goal scorer but I thought he’d at least create chances and open up defences with his hold up play and ‘trickery’. He’s not even the bulldozing marauding type either. He’s a big guy but is so timid. He makes no use of his size. Heskey is terrible in front of goal but he at least makes use of his size to trouble teams.

He also goes away to the ACON so that’s another minus against his name.

Joker
29-07-2011, 05:43 PM
Awful player. Against Cologne he looked a player hopelessly out of his depth, repeating his post December form. Every time someone passed to him, he inevitably gave away possession, unable to even hold the ball up or lay it off simply.

I seriously hope he doesn't get much game time next season.

Cripps_orig
29-07-2011, 05:46 PM
It was a pre season game...

They've all been shit during it

Joker
29-07-2011, 05:49 PM
It was a pre season game...

They've all been shit during it

Fair enough, and if it was just the pre-season game then of course I wouldn't write him off. But apart from a couple of months at the start of the season, this guy doesn't look Premiership standard at all. You can't have a striker who's so afraid to have a shot and either unable or unwilling to make use of his height to give us an aerial advantage.

Cripps_orig
29-07-2011, 05:57 PM
It was more than a couple of months and hes great in the air.

If we rate Arsenal players only on first seasons then i guess Pires was shit tbh. As was Freddie.

Chamakh is fine and the least of our problems. Its a shame all his goals came before Xmas and not spread out over the season but if youre hardly playing, you dont score as was the case after Xmas.

Of course let all Chamakh haters ignore the fact how our season went to shit when he was no longer starting for us. As good as RVP was, hes not a team player.

I wouldnt mind that usually in a 4-4-2 but playing one up front, we need our lone striker to do more than score. Chamakh did and he brought the best out of Nasri.

Not worried about him at all. Not read one justifiable critisism on here yet. Its a shame a poster like NQ who is spot on with most of what he says is so woefully wrong about Chamakh but then as ive said on another thread, not everybody is right all the time and im sure NQ and other haters as well as the people who backed Chamakh were lining up to suck his long Moroccan cock back when he was scoring, winning penalties etc.

Same shit was said about Ade. We all saw whats happened with him. Has gone on to play for Real

Power n Glory
29-07-2011, 06:18 PM
Terrible player but if he can prove me wrong, I'll gladly shut up about him. But around this time last year when he played a few pre season games, I could tell he'd struggle against teams that park the bus and wouldn't offer us anything different. I kept hearing people say he'd offer us something different but he went AWOL in the tough games. Couldn't even offer anything in against lower league sides in the cup games.

Good in the air? He was bloody useless when we had corners or needed a man on the box to drive in a header when we couldn't pass our way through the defence. He better sort himself out this season.

Cripps_orig
29-07-2011, 06:26 PM
You do realise that we dont have any fucker who can take a corner or a set piece?

And our crossing from open play is abysmal at the best of times so its a wonder Chamakh or anyone for that matter scored any with their head at all.

Sure, he can be better but nowhere near as bad as people making him out to be. People are even saying Bendtners better :doh: which is the ultimate insult tbh

A terrible player who scored goals for fun in the CL? ok then...

Joker
29-07-2011, 06:32 PM
There was no causality between Chamakh's disappearance from the first team and our pathetic performances in (most of) the second half of the season. In fact, we only fell apart in March, and were doing relatively well in January and February, by which time Chamakh had already been relegated to the bench. I think RVP's performances last season were overrated, but if Chamakh had started in the second half of the season, we'd probably not even make the UCL qualification spot tbh.

Cripps_orig
29-07-2011, 06:34 PM
Some would say not making the CL would be a good thing as Wenger might have gone by now :ninja:

Power n Glory
29-07-2011, 06:55 PM
You do realise that we dont have any fucker who can take a corner or a set piece?

And our crossing from open play is abysmal at the best of times so its a wonder Chamakh or anyone for that matter scored any with their head at all.

Sure, he can be better but nowhere near as bad as people making him out to be. People are even saying Bendtners better :doh: which is the ultimate insult tbh

A terrible player who scored goals for fun in the CL? ok then...

His goal record is no different to Bendy's and even though the kid has horrible games, he'll still pop up with a vital goal or header despite the delivery and he can at least score hat tricks against lower league teams.

Make as many excuses for him as you like but talking his worthless, he has to do it on the pitch.

Marc Overmars
29-07-2011, 06:58 PM
Not a Chamakh fan at all. Even when he had his honeymoon period, I still noted a little concern about his general play but of course it would be have been silly to pull him up on that when he was scoring. I believe he was horribly exposed from November onwards though and ok he didn't play as much, but to register only 1 goal, against Leyton Orient was an awful return, and he did have sufficient game time as well to do better than that. Hernandez at United made the most of limited game time and that's the difference really.

I don't believe he is right for us. In the right system he could be an effective player but not in a team like ours, where creativity is the key and everything has to be so slick.

He has no audacity, he won't take a player on, he won't shoot even if the odds are against him (hell, at times he wasn't even shooting when the opportunity was there!) and he's predictable. I'm happy for him to be a squad player but he needs to start showing a bit more when called up on, RVP is justifiably first choice so he will have to prove himself with less game time but if he is hungry to do so then we won't have a problem. He has the work rate at least so it's a start.

fari
29-07-2011, 08:13 PM
did not read the entire thread but from what i saw of him at bordeaux he seemed a much livelier player. i dont know if playing in england has lessened his confidence or what the problem is. just my opinion. also, as some posters have suggested though, he needs good deliveries to get his head on to.

KSE Comedy Club
29-07-2011, 10:00 PM
No point trying to defend Chamakh here Ach, I tried for ages towards the end of last season and got quite sick of the amount of shit he was unjustifiably getting tbh.

So he wasnt amazing in his first season in a new league, so what?

At least he hasnt been here for 4 years and not improved AT ALL in that time, like bendtner :rolleyes:

Niall_Quinn
29-07-2011, 10:16 PM
Chamakh is shit.

Cripps_orig
29-07-2011, 10:24 PM
No point trying to defend Chamakh here Ach, I tried for ages towards the end of last season and got quite sick of the amount of shit he was unjustifiably getting tbh.

At least he hasnt been here for 4 years and not improved AT ALL in that time, like bendtner :rolleyes:

Pretty much.

Went through all this shite with Ade and was proven right with him. Cba doing it all over again. Would rather concentrate my efforts on Wenger bashing

Darth Vela
29-07-2011, 10:48 PM
Worth remembering our play flowed a little better with him in the team, Nasri in particular benefiting from his quick hold-up play rather than the Van Persie style of, take a touch, do a trick then take a few more touches before laying it off.

He's essentially Heskey so he's going to get nothing but shit his entire career in England whilst providing a nice foil for his team, he's useful but he's not the superstar striker we're looking for.

Power n Glory
29-07-2011, 11:40 PM
Worth remembering our play flowed a little better with him in the team, Nasri in particular benefiting from his quick hold-up play rather than the Van Persie style of, take a touch, do a trick then take a few more touches before laying it off.

He's essentially Heskey so he's going to get nothing but shit his entire career in England whilst providing a nice foil for his team, he's useful but he's not the superstar striker we're looking for.

You're delusional. We were losing to silly teams and dropping points while Chamakh was in the team and suffering a goal draught. This was before RVP was back as well. Even against lower league teams in the cups he looked lost and the flow of the team wasn't any better.

As for the Heskey comparison....man, you're way off on that one. Cham is too timid and light to get that title. He doesn't win that many aerial battles against guys of similar size because he gets barged out of the way and he's not the type to hold up the ball while shriluggibg and barging off challenges. Do you remember the amount of Fresno ms and pens this guys won us?

He contributes to that over passing play we all detest. Doesn't like to shoot or play the risky pass. I said it earlier last season and I'll say it again, a guy coming in to help boost our over all possession play is worthless. As for the Nasri thing, you don't think winning French player of the year and contract talks had anything to do with his sudden distraction and dip in form?

You crazy sons a bitches! Lol. Gotta love GW!

Niall_Quinn
30-07-2011, 12:30 AM
Its a shame a poster like NQ who is spot on with most of what he says is so woefully wrong about Chamakh but then as ive said on another thread, not everybody is right all the time and im sure NQ and other haters as well as the people who backed Chamakh were lining up to suck his long Moroccan cock back when he was scoring, winning penalties etc.

Nah, I've been saying he's shit since his first few games. That's because he is shit, possibly the worst striker I've ever seen in the PL. Always behind the play, weak, cowardly, spends large parts of the game hiding in midfield, regardless of our crossing ability he's always 5 yards off the ball into the box, favours the negative option, always passing sideways and back (he makes Denilson look decisive), slow over the first 5 yards, chases the ball aimlessly without making the tackle, won't shoot even when shooting is the only viable option, is massively over-rated in the air, honestly there's nothing good to say about the guy. He's useless and it's a joke we're going with him and another lightweight Vela this year. What the fuck are we going to do if RvP gets injured? People may point at the goals he scored but I'll say it again, a monkey could score for us we make that many chances. Even so, Chamakh's performances then dropped below the level of a monkey in the latter half of the season. If anyone can think of a more pathetic player in the latter half of last season I'd like to hear it. But the major point is we're supposed to be a top team competing for trophies - so the manager and board tell us (liars). If that's true, why are we signing second rate freebies that none of our competitors are remotely interested in instead of proven strikers that can do a job when RvP is having his annual long term lay-off? The guy is here because he was free. As it is, he's not worth what we paid for him. I'm glad to see Nick go because he's not up to our level either, but he's twice the player this goon Chamakh is. At least Nick has balls, Chamakh is a pussy. When you think of the great strikers we've had at the club and then look at that lump of shit it says a lot about what Wenger and the board have done to this club.

Xhaka Can’t
30-07-2011, 07:13 AM

You're right about him not being amazing. Also, Bendtner is a real-life legend round these parts.

Xhaka Can’t
30-07-2011, 07:18 AM
Pretty much.

Went through all this shite with Ade and was proven right with him. Cba doing it all over again. Would rather concentrate my efforts on Wenger bashing

Funny, I don't recall you stating Ade is a poisonous, egotistical money grubbing, underachieving whore who only makes an effort when it fucking well suits Emmanuel Adebayor.

Proof, or gtfo, tbh, iirc, byob, rsvp, etc.

alexander
30-07-2011, 08:22 AM
I dont think Cham is shit, he did pretty well early season, scored goals, gained a few penalties. I think this season will show a much better player.

Joker
30-07-2011, 10:15 AM

I agree that RVP slows the play down and was one of the reasons for the stodgy football we saw in the second half of the season (he's not suited to playing a fast, counter attacking style of football) but I don't think with Chamakh the play was any better. He's even more slow on the ball, and his lack of imagination and willingness to take risks in terms of shooting, and his poor decision making means this guy is a liability.

I personally would get rid of all our strikers and start afresh, but given that's not feasible, I would choose to dump both Bendtner and Chamakh, getting a proper centre forward in who can hopefully take RVP's place.

Darth Vela
30-07-2011, 11:46 AM
You're delusional. We were losing to silly teams and dropping points while Chamakh was in the team and suffering a goal draught. This was before RVP was back as well. Even against lower league teams in the cups he looked lost and the flow of the team wasn't any better.

As for the Heskey comparison....man, you're way off on that one. Cham is too timid and light to get that title. He doesn't win that many aerial battles against guys of similar size because he gets barged out of the way and he's not the type to hold up the ball while shriluggibg and barging off challenges. Do you remember the amount of Fresno ms and pens this guys won us?

He contributes to that over passing play we all detest. Doesn't like to shoot or play the risky pass. I said it earlier last season and I'll say it again, a guy coming in to help boost our over all possession play is worthless. As for the Nasri thing, you don't think winning French player of the year and contract talks had anything to do with his sudden distraction and dip in form?

You crazy sons a bitches! Lol. Gotta love GW!

Yeah, he's exactly like Heskey in that he works hard and helps players around him rather than Defoe-ing it up, that kind of striker never gets the credit he deserves, take a look at the general opinion of Kuyt as well.

It may well be delusion but I deal with what I saw at that time, he worked hard and held the ball up well, it benefited those around him and the team did well, were we perfect in that time? No, of course we weren't but Chamakh brought a lot to our attacking game, including those penalties and a fair few goals as well so despite him not being that clinical guy (who we, admittedly, needed after Vela continued being Vela) he did well for us, if he continues being a bit shite this year without contributing then I'm happy to write that off as simply a purple patch and move on and get someone else in but until then I'll maintain his good contributions were good contributions. I seem to remember you haven't ever liked him so that isn't gonna persuade you but it's the way I see it.

I can't, and wouldn't, deny most of the things you've said about him but if you ignore the good points and the relative merits of a player like that with the guys we have playing off him then he looks bloody awful whereas he's actually a useful player to have.

I'm sure playing off Chamakh suited Nasri quite well but yeah, given his recent attitude it might well be he just got a bit lazy.

Marc Overmars
30-07-2011, 11:59 AM
Kuyt pwns Chamakh in every way possible.

Cripps_orig
30-07-2011, 12:04 PM
Kuyt was shit when he first come here.

Chamakh in his first season done far better than Kuyt.

Its only recently Kuyt has looked pretty good

Darth Vela
30-07-2011, 12:07 PM
Kuyt pwns Chamakh in every way possible.I think pwn is a little too strong but I'd love to see Kuyt here.

gunnerrrrr
30-07-2011, 12:12 PM
Chamach has the tools to be good but he has no bottle and desire to dominate a game which makes all the problems

Marc Overmars
30-07-2011, 12:20 PM
Kuyt was shit when he first come here.

Chamakh in his first season done far better than Kuyt.

Its only recently Kuyt has looked pretty good

Kuyt forced his way into the reckoning for club and more impressively, country.

Chamakh forced his way onto the bench and the reserves.

Olivier's xmas twist
30-07-2011, 12:28 PM
Kuyt pwns Chamakh in every way possible.
Bit too harsh to harst to say tbh, Kuyt was shite in hit 1st season too, unless Chamack is given the same amount of time to pove it you can't really say that.

Chamackh's biggest problem was mentally he was weak, once he sorts that out he'd be top draw tbh.

Master Splinter
30-07-2011, 12:29 PM
Chamakh is Morocco's best player.

Kuyt is not Holland's.

Chamakh > Kuyt.

Tbh.

Olivier's xmas twist
30-07-2011, 12:30 PM
Chamach has the tools to be good but he has no bottle and desire to dominate a game which makes all the problems

This just said this in my reply to MO. I think new strikers arriving if they do could be good for him, he will have to man up because he knows if he fucks up he'd be on the bench etc.

Newguy
31-07-2011, 05:19 PM
Based on his pre season performances, I will be stunned if Wenger does not buy a striker. Chamakh is a complete joke. He's shocking, it's beyond belief how bad he is.

The guy has no impact and I'd rather Bendtner stay if it meant losing Chamakh. His touch is appalling, no aggression, he's a pussy:banghead: what a loser this guy is, What was Wenger thinking???????

Joker
31-07-2011, 05:32 PM
When he came on he was ridiculously bad, absolutely awful. Whenever he receives a pass, his first touch is appalling, and he only just recovers to lay off the pass. Moreover, he makes unintelligent runs, making it harder for the midfield to pick him out. For a centre forward, he doesn't show for the ball often enough, slowing our game down and making us very predictable to play against.

We seriously need to sell this turd now. If we have to rely on him next season, we're in deep shit.

Joker
31-07-2011, 05:35 PM
Having seen the replay of the goal, Chamakh is actually to blame, as he failed to track the runner, standing still and acting bemused when he breezed past him. No surprise that he didn't bother to take responsibility when defending the corner.

AKBapologist
31-07-2011, 05:37 PM
He's been appalling against weak opposition so far. Fucking wake up you knober.

Niall_Quinn
31-07-2011, 05:37 PM
Can't ever recall seeing a worse striker. Well he's not a striker, he hasn't got any of the tools to play up front. Worst shit I've ever seen in an Arsenal shirt. But I guess if he can get away pulling a big wage for another season he'll do it. It's up to Wenger to get rid of him but Wenger has zero balls and would never admit this is his worst signing ever.

Sirjackofwilshere
31-07-2011, 05:45 PM
I think somethings up with him...don't buy the fatigue excuse from last season.... for whatever reason his hearts not in it. Can't for the life of me understand why Wenger insists on keeping him if thats the case.

Niall_Quinn
31-07-2011, 05:48 PM
Parker, Bellamy and Cahill in and it's a whole new ball game. But Wenger won't do it because he's incompetent.

Power n Glory
31-07-2011, 05:50 PM
Yeah, he's exactly like Heskey in that he works hard and helps players around him rather than Defoe-ing it up, that kind of striker never gets the credit he deserves, take a look at the general opinion of Kuyt as well.

It may well be delusion but I deal with what I saw at that time, he worked hard and held the ball up well, it benefited those around him and the team did well, were we perfect in that time? No, of course we weren't but Chamakh brought a lot to our attacking game, including those penalties and a fair few goals as well so despite him not being that clinical guy (who we, admittedly, needed after Vela continued being Vela) he did well for us, if he continues being a bit shite this year without contributing then I'm happy to write that off as simply a purple patch and move on and get someone else in but until then I'll maintain his good contributions were good contributions. I seem to remember you haven't ever liked him so that isn't gonna persuade you but it's the way I see it.

I can't, and wouldn't, deny most of the things you've said about him but if you ignore the good points and the relative merits of a player like that with the guys we have playing off him then he looks bloody awful whereas he's actually a useful player to have.

I'm sure playing off Chamakh suited Nasri quite well but yeah, given his recent attitude it might well be he just got a bit lazy.

I know the type of striker you're talking about and he's nothing like Heskey. On my part, there is no confusion about his function in the team. I know he's not the quick clinical type of striker, that's obvious. There is no point in comparing him to Defoe because they are separate players. I didn't expect him to be like that either.

But when you compare him to guys like Drogba and what he offers to his team without the goals, he's nowhere near as effective. It's the same case for Heskey, Carroll or even that thug Davies. These type of players have a weight and height advantage over most players and they fully exploit it. In essence, they work hard and bully their opponents. Chamakh doesn't do that. He can't handle the physicality of the Prem league. He gets bounced around and can't impose himself because he's soft. You won't see that happening with Heskey, that's why it's the wrong comparison.

Chamakh may work hard for the team but that's as far as the Heskey comparison goes.

Power n Glory
31-07-2011, 05:55 PM
Having seen the replay of the goal, Chamakh is actually to blame, as he failed to track the runner, standing still and acting bemused when he breezed past him. No surprise that he didn't bother to take responsibility when defending the corner.

Didn't see the goal, but he did something similar when we first played Newcastle and allowed Carroll to get on to the end of that header. He can't deal with the physical contact. Soft like toilet paper. He's not a pussy, he's a tampon. We've got no use for this guy. He's not built for the Premier League.

GunnerFan4Life
31-07-2011, 10:44 PM
Twitter -
Seeking a striker, AS Roma seem to be interested in Arsenal 27 year old Marouane Chamakh

THE RUMOURS BEGIN! THERE IS A GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bow: :dance:

server too busy!
01-08-2011, 08:05 AM
If only we had just loaned Eduardo out last season, he'd be a great back up striker

LDG
01-08-2011, 08:21 AM
Champax has been nothing short of shocking in preseason.

Xhosa_Gunner
01-08-2011, 08:35 AM
Not to turn this into a debate but Ade is very fast and very skillful with due respect. He was initially accused of missing sitters NOT afraid to shoot.

It was more than a couple of months and hes great in the air.

If we rate Arsenal players only on first seasons then i guess Pires was shit tbh. As was Freddie.

Chamakh is fine and the least of our problems. Its a shame all his goals came before Xmas and not spread out over the season but if youre hardly playing, you dont score as was the case after Xmas.

Of course let all Chamakh haters ignore the fact how our season went to shit when he was no longer starting for us. As good as RVP was, hes not a team player.

I wouldnt mind that usually in a 4-4-2 but playing one up front, we need our lone striker to do more than score. Chamakh did and he brought the best out of Nasri.

Not worried about him at all. Not read one justifiable critisism on here yet. Its a shame a poster like NQ who is spot on with most of what he says is so woefully wrong about Chamakh but then as ive said on another thread, not everybody is right all the time and im sure NQ and other haters as well as the people who backed Chamakh were lining up to suck his long Moroccan cock back when he was scoring, winning penalties etc.

Same shit was said about Ade. We all saw whats happened with him. Has gone on to play for Real

Darth Vela
01-08-2011, 10:09 AM
I know the type of striker you're talking about and he's nothing like Heskey. On my part, there is no confusion about his function in the team. I know he's not the quick clinical type of striker, that's obvious. There is no point in comparing him to Defoe because they are separate players. I didn't expect him to be like that either.

But when you compare him to guys like Drogba and what he offers to his team without the goals, he's nowhere near as effective. It's the same case for Heskey, Carroll or even that thug Davies. These type of players have a weight and height advantage over most players and they fully exploit it. In essence, they work hard and bully their opponents. Chamakh doesn't do that. He can't handle the physicality of the Prem league. He gets bounced around and can't impose himself because he's soft. You won't see that happening with Heskey, that's why it's the wrong comparison.

Chamakh may work hard for the team but that's as far as the Heskey comparison goes.

Fair enough, from what you were saying it sounded like you expected him to be some kind of battering ram, my bad.

He was able to impose himself for the first 4/5/ months, he was able to deal with the physicality and do a good job for that time (I know you don't agree with that but I'd call what he did for us, a decent job), he can do it but for some reason he's not doing it atm; I assumed once he'd have a pre-season behind him he'd sort himself out and regain some form, not happening yet so I'll leave it at that.

Fist of Lehmann
01-08-2011, 12:15 PM
Fair enough, from what you were saying it sounded like you expected him to be some kind of battering ram, my bad.

He was able to impose himself for the first 4/5/ months, he was able to deal with the physicality and do a good job for that time (I know you don't agree with that but I'd call what he did for us, a decent job), he can do it but for some reason he's not doing it atm; I assumed once he'd have a pre-season behind him he'd sort himself out and regain some form, not happening yet so I'll leave it at that.

Isn't it the accepted wisdom of football pundits everywhere that Heskey could be a battering ram thanks to his physique but lacks the aggression? That's what they always say about him. Not sure he could be lumped in with Drogba etc.

As for Champignon, to me he always had the look of a player who coaches didn't quite know where to play in his youth. Transpires he started out as a goalie.

TBH I can see both sides of the argument. Not ready to ignore the first 5 months of his tenure any more than I can ignore the last 5 months. He has been truly pitiful in pre-season.