PDA

View Full Version : Messi.

McNamara That Ghost...
21-03-2012, 06:16 PM
Made a thread on the old GW a while ago about him and frankly how good he was. He has gone absolutely mental since then (Barcelona's record goalscorer for one). He's the best player I've seen and it's conceivably not even becoming a contest now. Having said that, I'm not sure he, nor Barcelona would be driven to these levels were it not for their infernal relationship with Real Madrid, or on a more personal level, Ronaldo. And of course, vica-versa.

This is the most up-to-date video I can find of his, so it exludes everything since his 5 goals against Leverkusen, I think. Not sure about the music though, it's not like he's dead.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZ3xhCLTB6Y

Blocked out six of those goals though tbf.

bignev
21-03-2012, 06:19 PM
He is unbelievably good. Certainly the best player I have seen in my lifetime.

I would love to see him in the Premiership to see how he does but I doubt it will happen.

Marc Overmars
21-03-2012, 06:29 PM
So many little chips and dinks over the keepers, makes it look piss easy.

Great player, almost as good as RVP.

Dennis Bendtner
21-03-2012, 06:41 PM
Good vid. Props to the creator. Like that there was no special effects or replays. I like the goals he scores when you think he'll go across the keeper but he just slams it in the near post.

The chips. He is what Vela wanted to be. :rose:

Shaqiri Is Boss
21-03-2012, 07:01 PM
I actually almost feel sorry for Ronaldo (well... almost) because if Messi wasn't around we'd be talking about Ronaldo being comfortably the best player of his generation. For quite a few generations actually.

But as it is, he isn't. That's life I guess.

It will be interesting to see how Messi can go on from here though, because seemingly all he has to do is to win the World Cup and the debate is over. (I think that's ridiculous but beside the point) It's hard to see how he can get better but the scary thing is he probably will. And whether getting kicked around every game and the whole thing with his growth will catch up with him but he's only 24, theoretically he's 4/5 years from his prime!

There is a curiosity to see how he would do at another club, in another league but that's purely from a selfish point of view. He's probably the only player I would pay to watch just because he was playing, which is a bigger honour than the Ballon d'Or, obviously.

Xhaka Can’t
21-03-2012, 07:05 PM
We were talking about him at work this morning and trying to work out a way of describing his play and what he does to be so effective.

Quite simply, he is so good and so far in advance of his peers that he makes the spectacular look unspectacular.

Letters
21-03-2012, 07:17 PM
I personally think it's a bit early to be handing him the 'best ever' crown.
He's helped by playing in arguably the best ever club side and he hasn't quite done it at international level in the way you might expect. He's definitely the best player in the world right now, I think when the time comes to look at his career he'll rank alongside Pele and Maradona and arguably be better than either, but that's a debate to be had when his career has finished.

Marc Overmars
21-03-2012, 07:25 PM
'doing it at International level'. :lol:

That's another cold night at the Britannia there.

Letters
21-03-2012, 07:37 PM
What? :unsure:

McNamara That Ghost...
22-03-2012, 02:18 PM
I personally think it's a bit early to be handing him the 'best ever' crown.
He's helped by playing in arguably the best ever club side and he hasn't quite done it at international level in the way you might expect. He's definitely the best player in the world right now, I think when the time comes to look at his career he'll rank alongside Pele and Maradona and arguably be better than either, but that's a debate to be had when his career has finished.

I don't think it is, although I have to qualify it with 'that I've seen' as the footage of Maradona, let alone Pele is limited at best. The issue I have though is that it supposes Pele was not involved with numerous magnificent teams himself. I mean, there's a reason Brazil 1970 is looked back on so fondly and it isn't just because of Pele.

There's always a hesitancy to come out and say the current player is the best ever because their career could end, or be stifled by injuries, like Fat Ronaldo. If you look at Federer, he is someone else that some were hesitant to call as the Best Ever but I'm not sure why; for me, his talent exceeds all others I have seen. Another thing, is Messi's level of consistency and I don't just mean in the goals he scores, I mean in how many chances he creates too, every single game. And that was true in the last World Cup too.

And if we go on what they have won then Pele and Maradona never won the European Cup, which must be a big mark down if we just look at what they've won (which I don't think is the best way).

PGFC
22-03-2012, 02:33 PM
:good: He's nearly as good as Ronaldo - Ach

Letters
22-03-2012, 02:44 PM
On that documentary I noted some of the pundits say that he can't be considered the best ever unless he wins a World Cup. That seems somewhat unfair as clearly you need more than one outstanding player to do that. Pele was in probably the best international side ever. George Best was never going to do much internationally because of his nationality, he should still be considered alongside other all time great players.
I certainly think he's up there with Pele and Maradona and in the same way the Henry/Bergkamp debate rages among Arsenal fans I suspect the Pele/Maradona debate will become a Pele/Maradona/Messi debate. But I do think it's fairer to judge him with the perspective of history. It's a bit like how when we had the Invincible season someone (Henry maybe?) said it's only in 20 years time when they've all retired and look back that they'll realise how special what they did was.

Marc Overmars
22-03-2012, 02:55 PM
When it's all said and done I think Messi will eventually be talked about on a pedestal of his own. In 20-30 years, it will be us and others in our generation who will spread the word about just how good this player was.

LDG
22-03-2012, 03:05 PM
He has far more in his locker than Maradonna and Pele. Far, far more.

The lad is the best there ever has been. No question for me.

Balance, technique, vision, workrate, tackling, goal-scoring, pace, trickery, makes the right decision and knows when somebody else is in a better position. He has everything. He can even head the ball for a short bloke.

Seems like a half decent bloke too.

Only thing that annoys me, is the odd dive here and there. He doesn't need to do it. He's above all that shit, as he doesn't need to cheat.

GP
22-03-2012, 03:18 PM
Only thing that annoys me, is the odd dive here and there. He doesn't need to do it. He's above all that shit, as he doesn't need to cheat.

True, but on the flip side, look how many times the gets the shit kicked out of him and he just bounces back up.

He's phenomenal.

LDG
22-03-2012, 03:25 PM
True, but on the flip side, look how many times the gets the shit kicked out of him and he just bounces back up.

He's phenomenal.

Yeah, I guess.

Ugly fucker though :pal:

Syn
22-03-2012, 03:31 PM
He has far more in his locker than Maradonna and Pele. Far, far more.

The lad is the best there ever has been. No question for me.

Balance, technique, vision, workrate, tackling, goal-scoring, pace, trickery, makes the right decision and knows when somebody else is in a better position. He has everything. He can even head the ball for a short bloke.

Seems like a half decent bloke too.

Exactly my thoughts. And you can extend the playacting stuff to Barcelona in general. As a team, they should be far too good to involve themselves in that. Even in the transfer market etc. they don't need to act like ****s.

People can have different preferences. Messi might be the best but they might have enjoyed watching different players more. When they walk to the CL title again this year, this Barcelona side might be judged the best team in history but I know a Chelsea fan who says Arsenal from 2002-4 played better football. If you prefer a more pacey, counter-attacking style to complete control and ingenious creativity, then you would say that.

Messi is the greatest player but certainly not my favourite. I prefer players like Zidane, Bergkamp, Van Persie (not just because two of them are Arsenal men). Even Nasri - it's hard to explain but it all looks more elegant in that smooth perhaps lazy style when he's dropping the shoulder as opposed to the more beep-beep style.

I read someone on here sum Messi up quite nicely in that the things he does now are spectacular but they look unspectacular because of the frequency at which he does it.

Niall_Quinn
22-03-2012, 04:42 PM
First and foremost and to the detriment of all else, he's a cheating ****. I don't mean he's into gamesmanship and takes the piss, I mean he's a cold, calculating cheat. Barcelona is a team full of dirty cheats who attract the most favour from referees I've ever seen - it's ridiculous. Messia can only be measured when he hasn't got the deck so massively stacked in his favour. Ronaldo did the biz in the PL remember, his last season was pure genius. He's doing it in Span now too so in my book he's the more accomplished player. Messi has more talent, but we haven't seen him under any pressure yet or having to face any significant challenge. Apart from the World Cup where his record is invisible. But all that's by the by, because as I have said, the guy is a filthy cheat.

McNamara That Ghost...
22-03-2012, 04:50 PM
So for Messi to be more accomplished he has to leave his club? That's very strange given the antipathy you show to Nasri for moving elsewhere, for whatever reason it might ultimately have been driven by. Ronaldo's last season at Man Utd was 26 goals, I'm guessing you mean the 42 goals one the season before?

Messi has dived on occasion, he has rolled about on occasion. And yes, he has even handballed one in before but really, relative to the amount of times he gets pummelled, it's not much really.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFZ-29w2uqk

Stupid title because he doesn't 'never' dive, just like most players dive but the video does show he gets up more often than not.

What does under pressure even mean? When it was 0-0 against Real Madrid? When they were 2-3 down against Real Madrid? When they were drawing 1-1 with Man Utd?

Niall_Quinn
22-03-2012, 09:48 PM
So for Messi to be more accomplished he has to leave his club?

Ronaldo has played in a competitive league, Messi hasn't. So we don't know if he could handle that or not. We've seen him in the CL where he's been hot and cold. He played well against us in one match and was anonymous in the game where we would have soundly beaten them had it not been for their purchase of the referee.

Cripps_orig
22-03-2012, 09:53 PM
Very good player

Its a shame and i genuinely mean this that he plays in the same era as Ronaldo otherwise he'd be by ,iles the best in the world.

Nevertheless, 2nd to Ronaldo is no mean achievement

Master Splinter
22-03-2012, 09:58 PM
http://totalfootballmadness.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/ronaldo-brazil.jpg

:bow:

He is pretty alswome.

Cripps_orig
22-03-2012, 10:00 PM
http://totalfootballmadness.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/ronaldo-brazil.jpg

:bow:

He is pretty alswome.If it wasnt for injuries. this guy would be the best ever.

Loved him in the 90s when he played for the ****s back when they were known as Barcelona.

This Ronaldo at his best pisses on Messi imo

Shaqiri Is Boss
22-03-2012, 10:04 PM
More importantly, is it Ack or Atch?

And where does it come from?

Cripps_orig
22-03-2012, 10:05 PM
More importantly, is it Ack or Atch?

And where does it come from?Latter

Fuck knows. Family thing

Master Splinter
22-03-2012, 11:21 PM
I call him Charlie's Bitch.

Marc Overmars
22-03-2012, 11:23 PM
Fat Ronaldo. :bow:

What a beast.

Damn shame about his injuries.

GP
22-03-2012, 11:25 PM
He's also fat.

McNamara That Ghost...
22-03-2012, 11:45 PM
Ronaldo has played in a competitive league, Messi hasn't. So we don't know if he could handle that or not. We've seen him in the CL where he's been hot and cold. He played well against us in one match and was anonymous in the game where we would have soundly beaten them had it not been for their purchase of the referee.

He'll be the top scorer in the Champions League for the fourth season in a row in all likelihood. I must've missed the game where we would have soundly beaten them, was that the game he had a wrongly disallowed goal? Or the game where he scored twice. :unsure:

And as for a non-competitive league, well that's just plain laziness. Should we take away Ronaldo's goals against Derby from 07/08 given the relative strength of that team, how about Wigan, a side that has never even garnered a point against Man Utd! Let's not say a bad word about the 'BLitW' though.

You make such vague statements all the time. And it's contradicted by saying Ronaldo had 'done the biz' in two leagues. Well how on earth has Ronaldo done the biz in two different leagues, if the second of those is apparently 'non-competitive'?

McNamara That Ghost...
22-03-2012, 11:53 PM
Very good player

Its a shame and i genuinely mean this that he plays in the same era as Ronaldo otherwise he'd be by ,iles the best in the world.

Nevertheless, 2nd to Ronaldo is no mean achievement

I've never actually asked you this but what does he have to do to be better than Ronaldo, or is that just the players they are? It shouldn't be win a World Cup because Ronaldo hasn't done that either!

As for Fat Ronaldo, he was brilliant. And we could have had this thread about Ronaldinho too but both ultimately had their problems and I suppose that plays in even more to why there's a reticence of calling anybody in the current era the best ever.

Marc Overmars
23-03-2012, 12:13 AM
Messi isn't a party boy and seems to be injury free, so he edges out Fat Ronaldo and Ronaldinho because you can't envisage the same issues with him, so that's why we can say right now he is the best player ever IMO.

I wonder what Messi will be like in 3-4 years, he's already won everything possible with Barca and pissed on everyone. There must be a phase in his career where he just gets bored.

McNamara That Ghost...
23-03-2012, 12:22 AM
It'll depend on Ronaldo probably, if he is still as consistent as he is now then I am sure Messi will dedicate himself to matching him (Ronaldo would be about 30 by then I think). Drenthe recently said of Ronaldo that if Messi scores three goals on a Saturday, Ronaldo wants four on a Sunday and it hurts him if he only gets one. :lol: The two clubs push each other on to ridiculous levels because their egos can't take the other being better and that filters down to the players, I am sure.

Marc Overmars
23-03-2012, 12:26 AM
Yeah the rivalry is great. When they're not bitching and crying to the ref that is.

You can see there is a mad will to be the best there.

We need to get our ego back tbh.

Cripps_orig
23-03-2012, 12:51 AM
I've never actually asked you this but what does he have to do to be better than Ronaldo, or is that just the players they are? It shouldn't be win a World Cup because Ronaldo hasn't done that either!

As for Fat Ronaldo, he was brilliant. And we could have had this thread about Ronaldinho too but both ultimately had their problems and I suppose that plays in even more to why there's a reticence of calling anybody in the current era the best ever.Not play for Barca. Now most people would put this down to barca hating or whatever but in all seriousness, take him out of his comfort zone and see how he does.

To be the best, you have to be able to challenge yourself. Ronaldo became the best in the world whilst at Mancs and he left for a new challenge. To try his luck elsewhere and he'll leave Real when they too reach his targets.

Would Messi be as good without Xavi and Iniesta? We all know Ronaldo had to feed off scraps from the likes of Fletcher and Anderson etc and still excelled. I cant see Messi doing that if im really honest

McNamara That Ghost...
23-03-2012, 07:28 AM
He didn't leave for a new challenge per se, he left for the prestige of playing for Real Madrid. After all, it was his 'dream'.

Messi's style ultimately means he will create chances for himself with regularity and don't you think any club that actually had him would try to find Messi whenever possible? He might not have Xavi and Iniesta behind him (although this season in Iniesta's case that hasn't been a huge amount) but he would have players that would think giving him the ball is the best option and he also creates chances for others with regularity too; I mean, he is on 21 assists for the season. And he is starting to score goals for Argentina with regularity now.

You say Fletcher and Anderson but in the Premier League players of that level are able to dominate midfielders from the rest of the league because technique is not considered the main trait to have. Mata, David Silva and Torres (well for a bit) all came over from Spain and have played well, I just don't understand the theory that Messi would not be able to replicate it over here. Henry, Robbie Keane and Donovan all came back from the MLS and were able to contribute, almost immediately.

On a realistic level, the only team that would be able to afford him is Citeh and with FFP, you'd think they would be unwise to do so. If he did join them then I am not sure how much he would actually prove given they are already near the top and miles clear of third, just like in Spain.

The innaccuracies in this argument are what annoy me, I don't care whether someone thinks Ronaldo is better or not but I found it stupid to the extreme that so much was made of Messi not scoring against English sides when up to that point (the 2009 CL final), Ronaldo had never scored against Spanish opposition!

Letters
23-03-2012, 07:45 AM
It would be interesting to see how he'd do in a more competitive league.
La Liga is almost Scotlandtastic in the way the top 2 are above everyone else.
There's a 25 point gap between first an 3rd which is the same as the gap between 3rd and bottom. Real Madrid's goal difference is +65 :lol:, Barca's is +60. Valencia in 3rd are the next best at +11. The gap in quality is pretty stark.
That said Messi has done it at CL level year after year so that's not too big a stick to beat him with. But he is also playing in just about the best club side of all time. I thought our Invincibles were pretty special, and they were, but they weren't as good as this lot.

It is hard to compare players because of the different teams/eras they play in.

Coney
23-03-2012, 08:55 AM
There's a 25 point gap between first an 3rd which is the same as the gap between 3rd and bottom. Real Madrid's goal difference is +65 :lol:, Barca's is +60. Valencia in 3rd are the next best at +11. The gap in quality is pretty stark.
That said Messi has done it at CL level year after year so that's not too big a stick to beat him with. But he is also playing in just about the best club side of all time. I thought our Invincibles were pretty special, and they were, but they weren't as good as this lot.

Right - while there are some great players, punters often ignore the fact that part of their success is due to the team around them. Messi would still be a great player in League 2 but I bet his performance would drop over time and he would be less of a player.

Do you think someone should suggest that to Wenger - that buying a couple of good players might improve the team's overall performance as the other players up their game? No - that would be silly.

McNamara That Ghost...
23-03-2012, 01:21 PM

The big difference is that the top two are so far ahead because they're possibly two of the best club sides ever. Certainly one of them are. Those two ultimately don't lose in most games because of their superior quality but it's not like they haven't had extremely close games. Rangers and Celtic struggle with the Europa League.

Valencia 2-3 Real Madrid.
Valencia 2-2 Barcelona.
Athletic Bilbao 2-2 Barcelona. Bilbao ballsed that one up royally by having a defensive error and giving Messi the ball in injury time. :doh:

Put it this way, it has been no less 'competitive' than the Premier League has this season. Spurs have already been beaten home and away by the top two and it's quite possible the same could happen to us (aggregate scores of quite a lot!). I'm in no way suggesting Valencia are as good as Barcelona or Real Madrid but there's a good chance a Spanish team will go on to win the Europa League, again. In La Liga, there isn't much deviation between how the sides play but given the recent success of the national team, maybe it's a wise move to encourage that style of play through every team. To my mind, from third down to eleventh, there isn't much between them, in quality nor playing style. And three of those teams are in the Europa League Quarter Finals, as Spanish teams tend to be.

As for those two teams themselves, it all goes back to what I said about Barcelona and Real Madrid pushing each other to a level few teams can cope with.

Our top two crashed out of the Champions League group stage. And then in the Europa League.

McNamara That Ghost...
23-03-2012, 01:22 PM
Right - while there are some great players, punters often ignore the fact that part of their success is due to the team around them. Messi would still be a great player in League 2 but I bet his performance would drop over time and he would be less of a player.

Do you think someone should suggest that to Wenger - that buying a couple of good players might improve the team's overall performance as the other players up their game? No - that would be silly.

You can look at players individually and see what they give back to the team. Barcelona's pressing is a big 'team reason' of why they're so good but that doesn't detract from what you see players do with the ball, individually.

McNamara That Ghost...
29-03-2012, 07:09 PM
There's a programme on 5live at 9pm about Messi tonight. No idea who is on it but hopefully Ronaldo.

McNamara That Ghost...
07-04-2012, 07:50 PM
Just scored his 60th goal of the season.

:wacko:

Shaqiri Is Boss
07-04-2012, 08:03 PM
Dixie Dean :bow:

McNamara That Ghost...
11-04-2012, 11:56 AM
Now Pele says Lionel Messi isn’t even as good as Neymar

By Brooks Peck | Dirty Tackle – 16 hours ago

Pele holds up a Maradona shirt given to him as a joke. (Reuters)
We know Pele won't even entertain the idea that Lionel Messi is as good (let alone better) than he was until Messi scores 1,283 goals and wins three World Cups like he did, but now Pele says that the Argentine isn't even as good as Santos' 20-year-old sensation Neymar.
Speaking at a press conference celebrating Santos' centenary, Pele took his position as the world's foremost Messi troll to a new level (via Goal.com):
"Now everyone is talking about Messi, he is a star. But [to be the best ever] he must first become better than Neymar," he asserted.
"At the moment Messi is just more experienced."
By Pele logic, doesn't Messi have to be better than Neymar because he's scored more goals and won more trophies? Or, as Maradona recently said, did Pele just get his pills mixed up again?
On the subject of Maradona, a reporter from a comedy show presented Pele with a Maradona Argentina shirt during the press conference, prompting Pele to clarify his opinion of the Al Wasl coach.
"You [journalists] are always saying that I am Maradona's rival, but it is not true. I was never his rival, and he was a great attacking midfielder."
"...but not as great as Kaka."

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/soccer-dirty-tackle/now-pele-says-lionel-messi-isn-t-even-174711408.html

Pele. :lol:

Coney
11-04-2012, 12:05 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/soccer-dirty-tackle/now-pele-says-lionel-messi-isn-t-even-174711408.html

Pele. :lol:

Shame about his erectile disfunction.

Cripps_orig
11-04-2012, 12:11 PM
Pele :lol:

Best player ever, no doubt about that but he does come out with some shit.

Messi is better than Neymar atm. He wont be in the future when the drugs etc hit ala Maradona but for now he is

Olivier's xmas twist
11-04-2012, 03:40 PM
Pele the best in the world at what he did.

But needs to STFU tbh.

Master Splinter
11-04-2012, 04:20 PM
Pele :bow:.

Olivier's xmas twist
11-04-2012, 04:32 PM
Pele :lol:

Best player ever, no doubt about that but he does come out with some shit.
Messi is better than Neymar atm. He wont be in the future when the drugs etc hit ala Maradona but for now he is

:lol:

Must be your inspiration then.

Master Splinter
11-04-2012, 05:44 PM

Must be your inspiration then.

:haha:

Cripps_orig
11-04-2012, 05:45 PM

Must be your inspiration then.Football wise sure.

Chatting shit wise? I follow no one but Wenger

McNamara That Ghost...
16-04-2012, 04:24 PM
Messi's girlfriend is apparently pregnant.

Odds on naming it Cristiano?

Niall_Quinn
16-04-2012, 04:35 PM
Good, hope Pele keeps the pressure on that slimy, filthy cheat. Who cares if he's the best in the world at what he does? He's also the worst cheat in the world so it evens itself out. Although Ashley Young is pushing him close this year. As for poor old Gareth Bale's efforts to be the world's biggest cheat, LOL, the poor bastard isn't in the same league. Even though his cheats per game ratio is right up there with the best, his style and sneakiness when attempting to con the ref is a million miles behind naturally gifted con-artists such as Messi.

Olivier's xmas twist
16-04-2012, 04:39 PM
Messi's girlfriend is apparently pregnant.

Odds on naming it Cristiano?

Baby messi :bow:

If its a boy he'll name him Sergio. Opposite to what Aguero did and named his son Lionel.

Syn
16-04-2012, 04:43 PM
If it's a girl, they should name it 'Very'.

If it's a boy, they should name it 'Very'.

McNamara That Ghost...
16-04-2012, 05:00 PM

If its a boy he'll name him Segrio Opposite to was Aguero did and named his son Lionel.

Segrio Opposite? Interesting.

Marc Overmars
16-04-2012, 05:03 PM
Segrio Opposite. :bow:

Dennis Bendtner
16-04-2012, 05:08 PM
Aguero named his kid Benjamin...

Messi should be with Maradona's daughter instead.

Master Splinter
16-04-2012, 05:50 PM
Segrio Opposite. :bow:

Charlie :bow:.

Olivier's xmas twist
16-04-2012, 06:05 PM
Segrio Opposite? Interesting.

:lol: Me

Cripps_orig
24-04-2012, 10:31 PM
Good player :)

Olivier's xmas twist
24-04-2012, 10:37 PM
Good player :)

Meh we all have off days once in a while. Im sure his 2 Cl winners medals at home will cheer him up.

Marc Overmars
24-04-2012, 10:37 PM
Little ****. Ruined everything tonight.

Cripps_orig
24-04-2012, 10:41 PM
Meh we all have off days once in a while. Im sure his 2 Cl winners medals at home will cheer him up.Thought he was his usual self

Cripps_orig
24-04-2012, 10:44 PM
Little ****. Ruined everything tonight.Nah

Niall_Quinn
25-04-2012, 01:53 PM
Messi choked. Flat track bully couldn't do the biz out side of the carefully constructed Spanish league. Just like he can't do the biz internationally. There's a pattern here. He's a decent footballer of course, but the Maradona, Pele, Zidane shit - LOL? Long way to go yet.

McNamara That Ghost...
02-05-2012, 10:11 PM
http://i47.tinypic.com/346s07l.png

Ronaldo will probably be in mid-table by the end of this season too. :wacko:

Syn
02-05-2012, 10:20 PM
There has to be some Bradman villager in 1893 who scored 127 goals in a season, surely?

Anyway, 68* is a pretty good knock. But pitches were a mess in Bradman villager's day.

McNamara That Ghost...
02-05-2012, 10:22 PM
I think ten players all contributed 30 each back then. They got in but cheaply got out, Strauss-style.

Cripps_orig
02-05-2012, 10:30 PM
Congrats to Messi for a worthless achievement :lol:

McNamara That Ghost...
05-05-2012, 11:50 PM
Worthless achievement or not, he has broken the all-time record for goals in a season now. :lol:

Letters
08-05-2012, 02:58 PM
Is it 72 now? We've only scored 71 league goals. And that's the best of anyone bar the top 2.

Niall_Quinn
08-05-2012, 03:01 PM
Is it 72 now? We've only scored 71 league goals. And that's the best of anyone bar the top 2.

If we played in the DIY Isthmian Portaloo League RvP would have 150 goals by now.

But we'd still bottle the title (like Barca).

McNamara That Ghost...
08-05-2012, 04:11 PM
Yeah, it's 72 goals. And 28 direct assists. :blink:

And NQ, no he wouldn't. They'd kill him in that league.

Letters
08-05-2012, 08:32 PM
If we played in the DIY Isthmian Portaloo League RvP would have 150 goals by now.

But we'd still bottle the title (like Barca).
The Spanish league had 2 of the 4 CL Semi-finalists and 3 of the 4 Europa League semi-finalists.
It's not that weak a league

Niall_Quinn
08-05-2012, 09:08 PM
The Spanish league had 2 of the 4 CL Semi-finalists and 3 of the 4 Europa League semi-finalists.
It's not that weak a league

Let me put it another way then, he's a ****.

GP
08-05-2012, 10:15 PM
Let me put it another way then, he's a ****.

I think you're confusing him with Ronaldo.

Letters
08-05-2012, 10:16 PM
Innit. Ronaldo is a **** who deserves to die in a fire.
Messi seems like a decent enough chap.
And he's good at football and scoring goals and that.

Niall_Quinn
08-05-2012, 10:39 PM

You trying to imply I can't tell my ****s apart?

GP
08-05-2012, 10:40 PM
You trying to imply I can't tell my ****s apart?

Clearly.

GP
08-05-2012, 10:44 PM
Cunts.

Niall_Quinn
08-05-2012, 10:47 PM
Cunts.

Can't be arsed going to all that trouble for a cunt you penis.

Cripps_orig
08-05-2012, 10:52 PM
Innit. Ronaldo is a **** who deserves to die in a fire.
Messi seems like a decent enough chap.
And he's good at football and scoring goals and that.

Quite clearly you dont watch much La Liga

Letters
09-05-2012, 07:01 AM

Quite clearly you dont watch much La Liga
I don't watch any, but I saw a documentary about him and he seems likeable enough.
If Messi played for anyone else your 'opinion' of him would change 180 degrees as does your opinion about anything depending on what you're trying to WUM about.

Try finding some friends. In real life :good:

Olivier's xmas twist
09-05-2012, 08:27 AM
I don't watch any, but I saw a documentary about him and he seems likeable enough.
If Messi played for anyone else your 'opinion' of him would change 180 degrees as does your opinion about anything depending on what you're trying to WUM about.

Try finding some friends. In real life :good:

GP
09-05-2012, 08:29 AM

Olivier's xmas twist
09-05-2012, 08:32 AM

Pretty Much, I wonder if he will turn up at the Euro's or bottle it like the world cup :haha:

Biggest **** in the world of football, though i guess his manager comes in close.

Syn
09-05-2012, 04:52 PM
http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/sport/football/lionel-messi-accused-of-racially-abusing-everton-midfielder-7728776.html

Messi is a better player than Ronaldo, but he's every bit as much a ****. IMO, he's more of a ****. Ronaldo is a petulant wanker. Messi is a cunning little shit. Arrogant ladyboys over sly little twats. That's my non-sexual preference. I turned on him ever since he got Denilson booked for daring to tackle him. Go on, have another roll Messi. Best player in the world - best there has ever been probably. I'll give him that. He is a **** though, no doubt about it.

McNamara That Ghost...
09-05-2012, 04:57 PM
Taken a while for Drenthe to remember that.

Marc Overmars
09-05-2012, 04:59 PM
http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/sport/football/lionel-messi-accused-of-racially-abusing-everton-midfielder-7728776.html

Messi is a better player than Ronaldo, but he's every bit as much a ****. IMO, he's more of a ****. Ronaldo is a petulant wanker. Messi is a cunning little shit. Arrogant ladyboys over sly little twats. That's my non-sexual preference. I turned on him ever since he got Denilson booked for daring to tackle him. Go on, have another roll Messi. Best player in the world - best there has ever been probably. I'll give him that. He is a **** though, no doubt about it.

Of course he's a little ****. There's no doubt about it. Same with Ronaldo.

McNamara That Ghost...
09-05-2012, 05:01 PM
We all have them. Sagna rolled about against Tottenham and Citeh, let's get the pitchforks out.

Olivier's xmas twist
09-05-2012, 05:03 PM

Meh so Messi cheated a few times, football is full of cheats these days. La liga is full on Cheats and ****s anyway don't see the problem.

Syn
09-05-2012, 05:03 PM
We all have them. Sagna rolled about against Tottenham and Citeh, let's get the pitchforks out.

We used them up on Ronaldo.

Syn
09-05-2012, 05:07 PM
Meh so Messi cheated a few times, football is full of cheats these days. La liga is full on Cheats and ****s anyway don't see the problem.

I'm saying he's every much of a **** as Ronaldo.

Marc Overmars
09-05-2012, 05:08 PM

No he didn't, Sagna was really hurt. :coffee:

McNamara That Ghost...
09-05-2012, 05:23 PM
We used them up on Ronaldo.

And Denilson.

Olivier's xmas twist
09-05-2012, 05:30 PM
I'm saying he's every much of a **** as Ronaldo.

Yep they all ****s :ninja:

Joker
09-05-2012, 05:38 PM
Most offensive players do take the odd dive, from what I've seen Messi's nowhere near the worst culprit. Most players make a meal out of things if they think they'll get an advantage.

Ronaldo is much worse, I've seen him role around and start crying when he's barely been touch a lot of the time.

Syn
09-05-2012, 05:44 PM
Yep they all ****s :ninja:

If they all are, then fine. Lets have some consistency. In these Messi v Ronaldo comparisons, Ronaldo seems to have a ridiculously unfair bias against him. I'm not a fanboy of either - unlike others, I'm capable of thinking for myself and I can see that Ronaldo doesn't really do that Drogba "Argh! I'm dying!" shit any more. In fact, he stopped doing that a long time ago even at Man Utd. He's a flashy ponce but that doesn't make him a bad guy. Messi is just as bad as he is on the pitch. And if we're going for "well X did this, so he's a ***...Y did this, so he's a ****", then it's a bit like Joker's argument for why everyone blaming Man City isn't fair - because everyone spends money and makes use of the financial advantages they have given it's not a level playing field, which we know is bollocks.

Olivier's xmas twist
09-05-2012, 05:55 PM
If they all are, then fine. Lets have some consistency. In these Messi v Ronaldo comparisons, Ronaldo seems to have a ridiculously unfair bias against him. I'm not a fanboy of either - unlike others, I'm capable of thinking for myself and I can see that Ronaldo doesn't really do that Drogba "Argh! I'm dying!" shit any more. In fact, he stopped doing that a long time ago even at Man Utd. He's a flashy ponce but that doesn't make him a bad guy. Messi is just as bad as he is on the pitch. And if we're going for "well X did this, so he's a ***...Y did this, so he's a ****", then it's a bit like Joker's argument for why everyone blaming Man City isn't fair - because everyone spends money and makes use of the financial advantages they have given it's not a level playing field, which we know is bollocks.

Cheating is part of the game whether we like it or not now. Just like the money so you have to accept it, does not mean you have to like it. Cheating is in every league and every game these days, so like you say we can't just blame these too. But i do think Messi gets fouled a lot more then he dives.

GP
09-05-2012, 05:59 PM
Yeah, but, Ronaldo played for Man Utd.

Syn
09-05-2012, 06:03 PM
Yeah, but, Ronaldo played for Man Utd.

And Messi plays for Barcelona. In recent years, I know which has done more damage to Arsenal. So if you're going to go down the 'I'm a gooner' route, I still don't see a clear bias either way.

GP
09-05-2012, 06:04 PM
Nah

McNamara That Ghost...
09-05-2012, 06:29 PM
And Messi plays for Barcelona. In recent years, I know which has done more damage to Arsenal. So if you're going to go down the 'I'm a gooner' route, I still don't see a clear bias either way.

In recent years, that'd be Man Utd. That second leg. :(

Ronaldo is inherently dislikable because everything about him screams out making sure you know he is better than you (like the thigh pointing). Just like in the same way you now don't have much time for Usain Bolt.

I think we get far too bogged down in this. The whole issue of whether they are ****s or not to me, seems petty and weird. It's not often we get two of the greatest players playing at the same time yet all we can do is think of reasons to not enjoy watching them.

Kano
09-05-2012, 08:19 PM
I think we get far too bogged down in this. The whole issue of whether they are ****s or not to me, seems petty and weird. It's not often we get two of the greatest players playing at the same time yet all we can do is think of reasons to not enjoy watching them.

pretty much. criticism comes with that sort of fame, particularly in this country, but they are two players who are not perfect people but damn near complete on the pitch and that is all that matters.

Niall_Quinn
10-05-2012, 10:39 PM
You really should grow up - there is more to life than being a keyboard warrior.

:police: Can you stay on topic please! This is a thread about Messi and what a **** he is.

Xhaka Can’t
10-05-2012, 10:41 PM
:police: Can you stay on topic please! This is a thread about Messi and what a **** he is.

You should be a mod.

Messi is indeed a ****.

A rarity in football.

McNamara That Ghost...
11-05-2012, 07:29 AM
He also said Higuain did it and he told him to stop it. He doesn't say he told Messi to stop it; why?

Coney
11-05-2012, 08:15 AM
It is typical of the Spanish to behave in a racist or xenophobic manner.

Niall_Quinn
11-05-2012, 09:20 AM
He also said Higuain did it and he told him to stop it. He doesn't say he told Messi to stop it; why?

No point, the club would have supported Messi. The nasty little racist and misogynist is untouchable (as in a caste system way)

McNamara That Ghost...
11-05-2012, 09:33 AM
Well that doesn't make any sense because he has chosen to talk about it now. Barcelona would obviously defend Messi. Real Madrid would've defended Drenthe wouldn't they? Ah no wait, of course Real Madrid are just paupers in comparison to those Catalan behemoths.

Also, I don't remember you being so curt about Suarez.

Niall_Quinn
11-05-2012, 12:00 PM
Well that doesn't make any sense because he has chosen to talk about it now. Barcelona would obviously defend Messi. Real Madrid would've defended Drenthe wouldn't they? Ah no wait, of course Real Madrid are just paupers in comparison to those Catalan behemoths.

Also, I don't remember you being so curt about Suarez.

That was Evra so who cares?

GP
11-05-2012, 06:25 PM

Olivier's xmas twist
13-05-2012, 12:32 PM

Pretty much.

Olivier's xmas twist
22-05-2012, 11:30 AM
Lionel Messi (http://www.goal.com/en-gb/people/argentina/8012/lionel-messi) has been confirmed as the winner (http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2885/europe/2012/05/22/3119390/lionel-messi-confirmed-as-european-golden-shoe-winner#) of the European Golden Shoe award for the continent's top scorer.
The mercurial Argentine scored an insurmountable 50 goals in Barcelona's La Liga campaign, finishing the season four goals ahead of the runner-up Cristiano Ronaldo.A sublime run of nine goals in his final (http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2885/europe/2012/05/22/3119390/lionel-messi-confirmed-as-european-golden-shoe-winner#) four league matches, including all the goals in the 4-0 win over Espanyol in Pep Guardiola's final home game, saw Messi surge past his Real Madrid rival to claim the accolade ahead of Ronaldo, who despite scoring in all of his last four league games, could not retain the Pichichi and European Golden Shoe honours he won last season.
Robin van Persie secured third spot by matching Arsenal legend Thierry Henry's record 30-goal haul in a single season. In his most prolific campaign for Arsene Wenger's side, the Dutch striker helped the Gunners secure Champions League football for the 15th consecutive season.
Klaas-Jan Huntelaar was the Bundesliga's highest scorer with a tally of 29 goals as he finished just two points shy of Van Persie. He in turn ended the same distance ahead of Zlatan Ibrahimovic, who became the first player to win the capocannoniere with two different Serie A clubs.
Wayne Rooney found the net 27 times for Manchester United but it was not enough to stop the Premier League title from going to his team's fiercest rivals, Manchester City. He scored the only goal as the Red Devils defeated Sunderland on the final day of the season to complete the campaign with 54 points.
That goal allowed him to move clear of Mario Gomez, who was unable to find the net on the final day of the Bundesliga despite his Bayern Munich side thrashing relegated Koln 4-1.
The remaining places were made up of four different players, each achieving a points total of 48. Burak Yilmaz and Bas Dost both scored an impressive 32 times for their respective clubs but finished lower in the rankings by virtue of playing in a lower-ranking league.
Radamel Falcao found the net on 24 occasions in La Liga in his debut season with Europa League champions Atletico Madrid whilst despite a disappointing campaign for Inter as a club, Diego Milito also racked up the same amount of goals.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2885/europe/2012/05/22/3119390/lionel-messi-confirmed-as-european-golden-shoe-winner

GP
22-05-2012, 01:00 PM
Charlie, seriously, goal.com is garbage. You should find a more reputable source, like The Sun.

LDG
28-09-2012, 01:10 PM

If its a boy he'll name him Segrio Opposite to what Aguero did and named his son Lionel.

McNamara That Ghost...
28-09-2012, 01:11 PM
Charlie. :bow:

Olivier's xmas twist
09-11-2012, 06:01 PM
Barcelona superstar Lionel Messi believes Celtic were 'very lucky' to pull off their historic victory over the Catalan giants at Parkhead on Wednesday night.

The Hoops triumphed 2-1 in front of a jubilant home crowd in Group G of the UEFA Champions League to mark a win which will live long in the memory of those associated with the Glasgow club.

Messi, who scored what turned out to be Barca's consolation strike in stoppage time, believes Celtic were fortunate to get the result.

And the Argentina ace feels they only scored their opening goal, which came from a corner, because they have bigger players in their team than the Primera Liga side.

He said in the Daily Record: "They were very lucky. It's a shame but we just couldn't do anything about it.

"We did everything in the game but just couldn't get past them.

"Celtic came at us twice and got two goals from it. When they scored they just locked their defence.

"The first goal from the corner arrived because they are a bigger team than us - it was the same as their goal in the Nou Camp.

"The second goal was our own fault.

"We did everything well and made good chances but the ball just didn't go in."
Relaxed

Despite Wednesday's defeat, Barcelona still sit at the top of Group G, two points ahead of Celtic in second place.

Messi, who became a father last week following the birth of his son Thiago, says the club are not concerned over their qualifying chances.

"We are still in first place and we are relaxed," he said.

"My goal didn't mean too much but I'm sure I'll score many goals and significant victories to dedicate to the birth of my son."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11833/8237099/Lionel-Messi-feels-Celtic-were-very-lucky-to-beat-Barcelona-in-Champions-League

Niall_Quinn
09-11-2012, 07:00 PM
Suck on it Messi. Moaning because teams have the nerve to defend properly is our job, go and moan about something else.

Olivier's xmas twist
09-11-2012, 09:33 PM
Suck on it Messi. Moaning because teams have the nerve to defend properly is our job, go and moan about something else.

Pretty much.

They were lucky, song never got sent off like he should have.

McNamara That Ghost...
03-12-2012, 12:25 PM
Will Messi get his Calendar Year century? I think he will bottle it in the Nervous 90's really.

Olivier's xmas twist
03-12-2012, 12:32 PM
Will Messi get his Calendar Year century? I think he will bottle it in the Nervous 90's really.

Whats he on now ? Is this just in the league on all comps ?

McNamara That Ghost...
03-12-2012, 12:33 PM
All comps for Barca and Argentina. As far as anywhere but Marca is concerned he is on 84 I think.

Olivier's xmas twist
03-12-2012, 12:42 PM
All comps for Barca and Argentina. As far as anywhere but Marca is concerned he is on 84 I think.

Kool.

McNamara That Ghost...
07-12-2012, 05:32 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A9baMZDCMAAeIme.jpg

McNamara That Ghost...
12-12-2012, 09:04 PM
Two goals a game in his last seven starts.

GP
12-12-2012, 09:11 PM
GOAT

Kano
12-12-2012, 09:12 PM
Godfrey would've scored three.

Marc Overmars
12-12-2012, 09:14 PM
Messi. :lol:

Awful Godfrey.

McNamara That Ghost...
12-12-2012, 09:29 PM
I want to see footage of Godfrey, I imagine the ball was never taken off him.

GP
12-12-2012, 10:10 PM
Who the flip is godfrey?

Xhaka Can’t
12-12-2012, 10:53 PM
Who the flip is godfrey?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hxtOeoVK1s

Kano
13-12-2012, 12:10 AM
great striker that batistuta.

flamengo also contesting the record, with 89 for zico but messi will probably put that to bed before the end of the month.

Cripps_orig
13-12-2012, 01:21 PM
So Messi hasn't got the record then :lol:

Olivier's xmas twist
13-12-2012, 01:29 PM

Still has a few more games to go.

Kano
13-12-2012, 02:55 PM
depends how valid the other claims are i guess. strange they were so quiet for 30 years.

Cripps_orig
13-12-2012, 03:04 PM
I'd say its valid. I'm a big follower of Zambian football and trust me, that Godfrey dude is like a god there cos of this achievement

LDG
13-12-2012, 03:12 PM
I'd say its valid. I'm a big follower of Zambian football and trust me, that Godfrey dude is like a god there cos of this achievement

I spat my drink :lol:

Olivier's xmas twist
13-12-2012, 03:13 PM

Bet you did not even know who he was till yesterday.

Cripps_orig
13-12-2012, 03:36 PM
I never bet. The house always wins

McNamara That Ghost...
14-12-2012, 12:11 AM
I scored a lot of goals in Be A Pro.

Kano
14-12-2012, 12:41 AM
:lol: cheers for that

Kano
14-12-2012, 02:46 PM
confirmed as a pointless 'record'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20727929

LDG
14-12-2012, 02:49 PM
confirmed as a pointless 'record'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20727929

Much like Muse's recent abomination :good:

GP
14-12-2012, 02:56 PM
Much like Muse's recent abomination :good:

At least that can be used as a coaster.

Messi :haha:

Marc Overmars
14-12-2012, 03:03 PM
Godfrey. :bow:

Cripps_orig
14-12-2012, 03:10 PM

McNamara That Ghost...
18-12-2012, 12:37 PM
He has agreed a new six-year contract. He'll probably make Barca go bankrupt.

Cripps_orig
18-12-2012, 12:43 PM
A shame he doesn't want to go elsewhere and prove himself but he wants to stay in his comfort zone. Can't fault him for that.

McNamara That Ghost...
18-12-2012, 01:00 PM
We'll get him when he is 31.

Shaqiri Is Boss
18-12-2012, 01:03 PM
It would be nice to see him at a different club, in a different league, at Stoke on a cold Tuesday night. But I guess the CL is the closest we'll get to that.

McNamara That Ghost...
18-12-2012, 01:16 PM
Old Man Xavi and Cavey Wavey have signed new contracts too.

McNamara That Ghost...
20-12-2012, 12:02 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20794589

Poor old Messi. :lol:

Olivier's xmas twist
20-12-2012, 01:12 PM

Just not catching the breaks is he.

Cripps_orig
20-12-2012, 02:57 PM

Not appreciated anywhere bar in Bar****land

Maybe he should leave Earth and go somewhere else

Kano
20-12-2012, 03:47 PM
Maybe he should leave Earth and go somewhere else
ronaldo might get promoted to spains second best then...

Cripps_orig
20-12-2012, 03:50 PM

Hes already the best :unsure:

Just out of curiousity, who do you put at 2nd?

Olivier's xmas twist
20-12-2012, 03:51 PM

:gp:

Master Splinter
20-12-2012, 06:39 PM
Messi :haha:.

Godfrey never came third in anything.

Cripps_orig
29-12-2012, 02:38 AM
Horacio Gaggioli, who acted as Lionel Messi's agent until 2005, has stated that he did not think much of the Barcelona attacker's chances to become a top player when he first saw him.

The representative revealed that his first impression of the Argentine did not give him much confidence, but was happy that the Ballon d'Or holder managed to prove him wrong and become one of the best footballers in the history of the game.

"When I saw Leo get off the plane I was left with my mouth open. I thought I was in trouble for doing all this for a boy who was so short and thin," Gaggioli told XL Semenal.

"Some associates of mine saw Leo in Argentina when he was an 11-year-old. They said he was very good and I wanted him to come to Spain.

"However, I had to find a team with very specific characteristics, a city where he could continue his hormone growth treatment, which was expensive."

Meanwhile, veteran Juan Sebastian Veron shared a story of the only time he saw Messi uneasy and uncomfortable.

"I only saw him nervous once, and that was before the Greece game when [Diego] Maradona offered him the captaincy.

"It was the responsibility of the leadership that made him uncomfortable, as he realised he had to give a speech to his team-mates."

Dont think many did but i guess The Verve were wrong. Drugs do work

Cripps_orig
07-02-2013, 11:02 PM
http://www.goal.com/en/news/article?contentId=3734663

Barca :rose:

McNamara That Ghost...
08-02-2013, 11:58 AM
Over 200k a week or something after tax. :lol:

Barca has best get their debt sorted tbf.

Cripps_orig
05-09-2013, 12:13 AM
http://www.goal.com/en/news/article?contentId=4238235

Sounds like a pay off :popcorn:

Niall_Quinn
05-09-2013, 03:00 AM
Thieving governments. On the bright side, I guess they now have some money to run through their drug bank Santander which means lots of whores and little boys for the bureaucrats. Always a slimy lining.

Spanish government :haha: Couldn't run a piss up in a lavatory.

Marc Overmars
06-07-2016, 11:09 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-36721892

He's been given a 21 month jail sentence. :haha:
Though he won't spend any time behind bars as in Spain if the sentence is under 2 years you can be put on probation.

Dirty little crook.

Kano
06-07-2016, 11:24 AM
Seems like such a good boy too. Legacy ruined.

Will no doubt want to leave Spain. You know what to do Wenger.

What a shit summer he's having :haha:

I am invisible
06-07-2016, 12:15 PM
Does Britain have an extradition treaty with Spain?

Niall_Quinn
06-07-2016, 12:37 PM
However, neither man is expected to serve time in jail.

Under the Spanish system, prison terms of under two years can be served under probation.

As well as the jail terms, Messi was fined about €2m and his father €1.5m. They made a voluntary €5m "corrective payment", equal to the alleged unpaid tax plus interest, in August 2013.

Good job he's rich or else he might actually be going to jail.

McNamara That Ghost...
10-07-2016, 05:04 PM
I'm a Messi fanboi of course but holy hell this is embarrassing:

http://i67.tinypic.com/1fips4.png

We're all committing tax fraud - that's the message?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36756066

Kano
10-07-2016, 05:28 PM
:violin:

Poor little multi-millionaire crook

Marc Overmars
10-07-2016, 05:54 PM
That's pathetic. :lol:

Almost as embarrassing as the t-shirts Liverpool rolled out for Suarez.

Lock the little crook and his dad up I say.

fakeyank
11-07-2016, 04:59 AM
Ronaldo v/s Messi debate is over with that Euro win for Portugal.

Bye Messi.. I mean Felicia! :wave:

Marc Overmars
11-07-2016, 07:11 AM
You have to think Messi will make a u-turn on his decision to retire now.

AFC Leveller
12-07-2016, 03:31 PM
Greedy footballers will be greedy footballers.

He will probably go to City and earn about half a mill a week.

GP
12-07-2016, 03:45 PM
http://i.imgur.com/h0achWo.jpg

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
13-07-2016, 05:55 PM
I can't bare this Conaldo love in..........Messi needs to come out of retirement, win the world cup and rid of this insufferable narrative we've been cursed with. God really must be punishing mankind to allow that turd to win the EUROs.

GP
13-07-2016, 06:07 PM
I can't bare this Conaldo love in..........Messi needs to come out of retirement, win the world cup and rid of this insufferable narrative we've been cursed with. God really must be punishing mankind to allow that turd to win the EUROs.

Couldn't agree more.

Marc Overmars
12-08-2016, 07:47 PM
Messi has indeed done a u-turn on his international retirement. :lol:

Kano
12-08-2016, 08:16 PM
:rolleyes:

Niall_Quinn
12-08-2016, 08:25 PM
Messi has indeed done a u-turn on his international retirement. :lol:

Bloke's a dickhead like Ronaldo. Neither of them are fit to lace the boots of the genuine greats. Yeah they have freak goalscoring records in a wildly unbalanced league, big deal. The cheating they both use as a routine part of their games makes them shit on a shoe in comparison to proper players. Messi's antics in the Copa final were a disgrace. Was quite looking forward not having to hear about the prick come the next World Cup. What a shame he's opted to come back and stink out the place again.