View Full Version : La Liga Thread 2011/12

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11]

McNamara That Ghost...
13-05-2012, 06:19 PM
Real Madrid 1-0 Real Mallorca, Ronaldo. His 60th of the season I think. :wacko:

McNamara That Ghost...
13-05-2012, 06:23 PM
2-0 Benzema.

Real Mallorca are unlikely to be making the Europa League.

McNamara That Ghost...
13-05-2012, 06:42 PM
I don't think La Liga will outscore the Barclays Premier League this season.

McNamara That Ghost...
13-05-2012, 06:50 PM
Levante 1-0 Athletic Club, Ghezzal!

Espanyol 0-1 Sevilla, Negredo.

McNamara That Ghost...
13-05-2012, 07:05 PM
Real Madrid 3-0 Real Mallorca, Oezil. Good goal.

McNamara That Ghost...
13-05-2012, 07:07 PM
Malaga 1-0 Sporting, Rondon.

Football. :rose:

McNamara That Ghost...
13-05-2012, 07:08 PM
Real Madrid 3-1 Real Mallorca, Castro. Good strike.

McNamara That Ghost...
13-05-2012, 07:12 PM
Racing 1-1 Osasuna, Balde.

McNamara That Ghost...
13-05-2012, 07:14 PM
4-1 Oezil gets his second. :blink:

McNamara That Ghost...
13-05-2012, 07:19 PM
Castro has a kick at Pepe, gets booked. Pepe kicks back, nothing happens. :lol:

McNamara That Ghost...
13-05-2012, 07:21 PM
Getafe 0-1 Zaragoza, Apono pelanty! They're doing it again. :haha:

Getafe are down to nine men. Rayo are in the relegation zone as it stands.

McNamara That Ghost...
13-05-2012, 07:23 PM
Higuain off for a fond farewell, Di Maria on.

McNamara That Ghost...
13-05-2012, 07:27 PM
Levante 2-0 Athletic Club, Ghezzal with his second.

Racing 1-2 Osasuna, Cejudo. :blink:

McNamara That Ghost...
13-05-2012, 07:30 PM
1-3 Osasuna, Garcia. They might get a Europa League place after all.

McNamara That Ghost...
13-05-2012, 07:34 PM
Espanyol 1-1 Sevilla, Coutinho. :bow:

McNamara That Ghost...
13-05-2012, 07:40 PM
Racing 2-3 Osasuna, Bustara. :blink:

McNamara That Ghost...
13-05-2012, 07:44 PM
Getafe are down to eight men.

:haha:

McNamara That Ghost...
13-05-2012, 07:50 PM
Racing 2-4 Osasuna, Roversio.

Levante 3-0 against Athletic, Farinos pelanty.

Rayo Vallecano 1-0 Granada, Tamudo! I think that relegates Villarreal!

McNamara That Ghost...
13-05-2012, 07:51 PM
Villarreal 0-1 Atletico Madrid, Falcao.

Getafe 0-2 Real Zaragoza, Postiga.

McNamara That Ghost...
13-05-2012, 07:52 PM
4-1 FT. Real Madrid finish on 100 points. :blink:

Atleti, Athletic Club and Levante make the Europa League. Amazing achievement for Levante given where they were five years ago. And doing it with barely any money at all.

Malaga make the CL qualifying stage. :( Can only hope they'll get drawn against the Spuds now (should Chelsea lose).

Messi wins the Pichichi, 50-46 against Ronaldo. Valdes win the Zamora. :lol:

Real Zaragoza somehow pulled off an amazing escape, Wigan style. Racing, Sporting and Villarreal relegated. Sign Rossi up tbf.

Shaqiri Is Boss
13-05-2012, 07:54 PM
Just a shame Rossi is dead really.

Cross him off the list...

McNamara That Ghost...
13-05-2012, 07:56 PM
Nilmar. :pray:

McNamara That Ghost...
13-05-2012, 08:08 PM
They don't spare any expense in their title winning celebrations in Spain. Looks like a opening ceremony. :lol:

Placido Domingo is there singing. :haha:

Özim
13-05-2012, 08:28 PM
Celebrations make PL look mickey mouse to be honest.

McNamara That Ghost...
13-05-2012, 08:30 PM
It's still going on. All the players called out individually. :lol:

There's a theory Atleti might need to let Falcao go now they've missed out on Champions League football (instigated by their financial situation).

Marc Overmars
13-05-2012, 08:33 PM
I would cry tears of joy if we signed Falcao.

Özim
13-05-2012, 08:35 PM
Real fans loving Mourinho!

McNamara That Ghost...
13-05-2012, 08:35 PM
I'd love Wenget to just go mental and say fuck it, let's spend 40 million on one player but we know the likelihood of that.

McNamara That Ghost...
13-05-2012, 08:36 PM
Real Madrid still haven't been given the trophy.

GP
13-05-2012, 08:37 PM
I'd love Wenget to just go mental and say fuck it, let's spend 40 million on one player but we know the likelihood of that.

We could tempt them with Chamakh and Bendtner and Diaby and Denilson and Vela and Squilacci.

McNamara That Ghost...
13-05-2012, 08:38 PM
I think Atleti would've learnt their lesson after taking Fran Merida tbf.

Shaqiri Is Boss
13-05-2012, 08:40 PM
I've been hanging on to that crumb of Atletico's debt all season that we might go crazy and get someone like Falcao.

Something, anything!

McNamara That Ghost...
13-05-2012, 08:41 PM
The Olympics need to borrow this ceremony.

McNamara That Ghost...
13-05-2012, 08:42 PM
40 minutes later, Real Madrid are finally allowed to lift their 32nd title. :lol:

Cripps_orig
13-05-2012, 09:12 PM
Real - most points ever in La Liga, scored most goals ever in La Liga and most games won in a season in La Liga

I can see why Barca are called the best team around :coffee:

GP
14-05-2012, 10:58 AM
Ruud van Nistelrooy has run his last race, announced his retirement.

I feel sorry for his jockey.

Olivier's xmas twist
14-05-2012, 09:46 PM
Real - most points ever in La Liga, scored most goals ever in La Liga and most games won in a season in La Liga

I can see why Barca are called the best team around :coffee:

:lol:

Let you back in the thread then ?

Cripps_orig
14-05-2012, 09:49 PM

Let you back in the thread then ?I could always post in this thread...:blink:

Olivier's xmas twist
15-05-2012, 06:32 PM
Real Madrid coach Jose Mourinho has claimed that Cristiano Ronaldo deserves this year's Ballon d'Or, arguing that Lionel Messi's sensational goal-scoring exploits count for nothing as Barcelona failed to retain their La Liga crown.

Messi broke record after record during a season in which he netted 50 times in La Liga but Mourinho believes that Ronaldo's 46 strikes carry more weight because they were crucial to Los Blancos' title success.

"Cristiano has to be the Ballon d'Or winner, not because he was the top scorer, which he already was last season, but because his goals won the league," the Portuguese said of his compatriot in an interview with SIC.

"Messi scored 50 goals that have not been worth anything, just as Cristiano scored 42 last season that were not worth anything.

"Cristiano has not been able to win the top scorer award and I think that should now be offset by the Ballon d'Or."

While Mourinho is in no doubt that Ronaldo is the best player in the game today, he does not believe the 27-year-old attacker is capable of inspiring his country to glory in this summer's European Championship.

"Real Madrid is one thing, and the national team another," the two-time Champions League winner argued. "Clubs, as usual, are better.

"With Portugal he does not have the support he has at Madrid and we cannot expect him to take us to the title and make 10 or 15 goals. And this, in spite of the fact that he is the best player in the world."

Turning his attention back to Madrid's Liga triumph, Mourinho claimed that finishing above Barcelona ranks as one of the greatest achievements of his stellar coaching career.

"I can honestly say that this has been the most difficult of the seven championships I have won as a coach - and I won one with Inter in the last game," he pointed out.

"This has been the most difficult because we had an opponent who is recognised as the best team of recent years.

"And as the games passed we came under enormous pressure because we could not afford to lose points. It was a titanic struggle between the two best teams in the world."

Mourinho added that winning the league with a record-breaking haul of points made the victory all the sweeter.

"The important thing was to win the title, but when we secured it and realised we could reach 100 points, we then had a high motivation to go in search of those victories," he explained.

"Real have won 32 league titles, but this team will be remembered for the 100 points, because at the moment that is unique and, I think, very difficult to overcome."

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/3277/la-liga/2012/05/15/3105012/mourinho-cristiano-ronaldo-must-win-the-ballon-dor-because

McNamara That Ghost...
15-05-2012, 06:49 PM
If Portugal win the Euros and he stars. then I'd say he'd possibly deserve it. Otherwise, no.

On the final Revista today, they mentioned how Cesc feels given he was hounded to join Barcelona for a year, then he does, and by October Pep has decided he'll leave. :lol:

The consensus was, not well.

All the guys said he had a great start to the season but it all went tits up when he was asked by Pep to perform a specific tactical role in a game (I think it went tits up before that personally). One goal since January. :lol: And barely contributed to anything significant in an attacking sense from February onwards.

Master Splinter
15-05-2012, 08:27 PM
Frankcesc Tactregas :bow:.

Syn
15-05-2012, 08:54 PM
Frankcesc Tactregas :bow:.

:bow:

3 tippy-tappy midfielders to choose from (Nasri, Wilshere and Tactregas) and they pick the tackiest one.

Should've got this guy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqBGCc2vSr8

Niall_Quinn
15-05-2012, 11:16 PM

3 tippy-tappy midfielders to choose from (Nasri, Wilshere and Tactregas) and they pick the tackiest one.

Should've got this guy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqBGCc2vSr8

Genius little scrote. We missed him big time this season.

McNamara That Ghost...
17-05-2012, 02:01 PM
http://1-ps.googleusercontent.com/x/www.sportskeeda.com/24.media.tumblr.com/xtumblr_m43tm6E5jr1r3ssh2o1_250.jpg.pagespeed.ic.L UbpXEn63b.jpg

The league table sans Ronaldo and Messi.

You can't take things like this as read but it does highlight their importance, particularly Messi's.

Cripps_orig
17-05-2012, 02:04 PM

GP
17-05-2012, 02:06 PM
http://1-ps.googleusercontent.com/x/www.sportskeeda.com/24.media.tumblr.com/xtumblr_m43tm6E5jr1r3ssh2o1_250.jpg.pagespeed.ic.L UbpXEn63b.jpg

The league table sans Ronaldo and Messi.

You can't take things like this as read but it does highlight their importance, particularly Messi's.

Just proves how he's head and shoulders above everyone else.

McNamara That Ghost...
17-05-2012, 02:07 PM
Pretty much.

Cripps_orig
17-05-2012, 02:08 PM
Pretty much shows i was right about Barca all along

Best team ever? :haha:

Cripps_orig
17-05-2012, 02:20 PM
Cesc Fabregas has backed Barcelona's decision to appoint Tito Vilanova as their new boss, believing the continuity the current assistant coach will bring to the club could even allow the Blaugrana to surpass what they have done under the departing Pep Guardiola.

The latter announced last month that he would be standing down at the end of the season and it was initially presumed that Athletic Bilbao's Marcelo Bielsa would be installed as his successor.

However, the club have instead turned to Guardiola's right-hand man, and Fabregas believes the Catalans have made the right call.

"First of all, I must say that Tito is a very good person," the attacking midfielder told El Mundo Deportivo. "It may sound like a cliche but it's true: he is a winner.

"He also shares the same virtue with Pep in that he knows how to get the best out of players.

"I do not like to make predictions but Barca should look great with Tito.

"I like the continuity that is being given to the club, because this team has surpassed [Johan Cruyff's] 'Dream Team' and all previous historical records, so that this opportunity has been given to Tito, after Pep has done it all, is very good.

"I know Tito will want to contribute his own personal touch. And I also know that he had an influence on my signing!"

Fabregas returned to Camp Nou last summer, rejoining the club he had left as a youngster to move to Arsenal eight years previously.

The Spain international made a blistering start to the season but his form tailed off towards the end of the campaign, prompting criticism from certain quarters. Fabregas, though, is satisfied with his first year back at Barcelona.

"The truth is I am very happy with how I've done," the 25-year-old insisted. "It is true that it all started very well, but the feeling I have looking at the overall season remains very positive.

"I played a lot more than people and I expected. It's a bit surprising that some were saying, 'look, he does not play', since I knew that I was coming into the best team ever.

"So, I sincerely believe that my first season has been good, although, inwardly, I'm the first to acknowledge that I can give more.

"Adapting to a new position was a difficult challenge and, if I play in the cup final, I will feel proud to say I've played 48 games, a figure that I did not reach for four years, though not because I didn't want to, but because my injuries would allow me to.

"So, if you leave the last three months to one side, I feel good about how I've done."

Fabregas is hoping to be included in the Barca starting line-up for the Copa del Rey final clash with Athletic at the Vicente Calderon on May 25.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/3277/la-liga/2012/05/17/3109197/fabregas-backs-barcelonas-decision-to-appoint-vilanova

What a flop

LDG
17-05-2012, 02:27 PM
Superjack pisses all over Fabregas.

GP
17-05-2012, 03:01 PM
Superjack pisses all over Fabregas.

That's disgusting.

LDG
17-05-2012, 03:10 PM
That's disgusting.

Sorry.

Cripps_orig
17-05-2012, 06:41 PM
Barcelona have announced plans to open a department of their school, FCBEscola, in India.

The facility is set to operate according to a model based on the Catalans' football development philosophy, and will be aimed at children aged 6 to 14, with the main objective being the integral training of the students.

The school is the first of its kind in India, and it is planned to open doors within this year.

"This is one of the most ambitious projects for FCBescola worldwide," director of FCBEscola, Xevi Marce, said to reporters.

"We hope to train 10,000 young footballers in the coming three years and with this initiative we will provide the depth and the quality needed to develop coaches and players from a very young age."

Antonio Claveria, who made a trip to Delhi when the Catalan club had their first camp at the Heritage School, has been appointed technical director of the facility.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/3277/la-liga/2012/05/17/3109023/barcelona-to-open-football-school-in-india

****s. Prob just looking for kids to do wash their boots, mend their kits

Olivier's xmas twist
17-05-2012, 10:10 PM
Cristiano Ronaldo claims to be 'very happy' at Real Madrid, but admits he cannot guarantee that he will see out his career with the Spanish giants.

The most expensive player in world football has spent the last three years at Santiago Bernabeu, having completed an £80million move from Manchester United in 2009.

The Portugal international has provided full value for money, with a remarkable strike rate seeing him net 146 goals in 144 appearances.

He found the target on 60 occasions in 2011/12, with his efforts helping Jose Mourinho's Real to snatch the Primera Liga title back from arch-rivals Barcelona.

Ronaldo admits he could not be happier in his current surroundings, with it his opinion that he is in the ideal place at this stage of his career.

Complicated He is, however, still only 27 years of age and concedes that there is a chance that he will look to take on a new challenge at some stage in the future.

"To be honest, I don't know. In the future, nobody knows," Ronaldo told Sky Sports News HD.

"I feel very happy here, it is a great club with fantastic fans. It's great, but in the future nobody knows.

"I feel happy here but it one year or two, you never know. A man's head is always complicated, but at the moment I am very happy."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11827/7763028/Ronaldo-Anything-can-happen

Cripps_orig
17-05-2012, 10:15 PM
Cant see him staying there either.

Hes a player who likes to challenge himself and not stick around in a comfort zone like some.

Thats why hes the best in the world. Cos he has the confidence to know he can go and do it elsewhere.

Would love him here tbh

McNamara That Ghost...
17-05-2012, 10:17 PM
Why would he go back to England if he has the confidence to do it elsewhere? :unsure:

Olivier's xmas twist
17-05-2012, 10:19 PM
Cant see him staying there either.

Hes a player who likes to challenge himself and not stick around in a comfort zone like some.

Thats why hes the best in the world. Cos he has the confidence to know he can go and do it elsewhere.

Would love him here tbh

No Chance it will never ever happen. And if he came back to the prem he'd only go to City.

Cripps_orig
17-05-2012, 10:19 PM
Why would he go back to England if he has the confidence to do it elsewhere? :unsure:Different challenge tbh. He has done it in England, of that there is no doubt and he became the best player here. Likewise, he goes to Spain and is the best there comfortably.

However can he do it on a cold saturday afternoon with Wenger in charge?

That is the question

Olivier's xmas twist
17-05-2012, 10:22 PM
Different challenge tbh. He has done it in England, of that there is no doubt and he became the best player here. Likewise, he goes to Spain and is the best there comfortably.

That is the question

If he is the best player in the world he can do it no matter who is in charge.

McNamara That Ghost...
17-05-2012, 10:23 PM
Different challenge tbh. He has done it in England, of that there is no doubt and he became the best player here. Likewise, he goes to Spain and is the best there comfortably.

That is the question

His hamstrings would be weakened by Wenget's regime, that's true.

Cripps_orig
17-05-2012, 10:25 PM
If he is the best player in the world he can do it no matter who is in charge.Do not underestimate the power of Wengeritis.

It can cripple even the fittest bloke

And if hes the best? :lol:

He clearly is. Genuinely cant think of anyone that comes close.

McNamara That Ghost...
17-05-2012, 10:26 PM
Ivanhoe?

Cripps_orig
17-05-2012, 10:28 PM
Best defensive attacker in the world he is so yes i stand corrected.

He does come close

Olivier's xmas twist
18-05-2012, 05:10 PM
Gonzalo Higuain is remaining non-committal over his future with Real Madrid but has thanked the club's fans for making it clear that they want him to stay during Sunday's Liga clash with Mallorca at the Santiago Bernabeu.The Argentina international is expected to leave the Spanish capital this summer and Javier Pastore has already claimed that his compatriot is giving serious thought to joining him at Paris Saint-Germain, while Juventus sporting director Fabio Paratici reportedly met with the forward's family on Wednesday to discuss a move to Turin.

However, when pressed on his plans after arriving in his homeland on Thursday, Higuain gave little away, admitting only that he was touched by the ovation he received from the fans after being substituted during the 4-1 over Mallorca.

"I have come home to rest and my future, well, we'll see what happens," the striker told the waiting reporters. "I was just thrilled that 80,000 people told me that I should stay."

Higuain has long proven a reliable source of goals for Madrid but has been forced to play second fiddle to France international Karim Benzema this season.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/3277/la-liga/2012/05/18/3111767/i-was-thrilled-that-80000-people-told-me-i-should-stay-at

Olivier's xmas twist
18-05-2012, 07:31 PM
Fernando Gago has agreed personal terms with Roma, with the midfielder's agent revealing that his client never had any intention of returning to Real Madrid after being disrespected by coach Jose Mourinho. The Argentina international joined the Giallorossi on loan from Los Blancos last summer, after barely featuring during his Portuguese boss' first season at the Santiago Bernabeu.

Gago is now on the verge of completing a permanent move to the Stadio Olimpico, with the two clubs close to agreeing a transfer fee, and the player's representative, Marcelo Lombilla, has admitted that the former Boca Juniors starlet will be only too happy to see the back of Mourinho.

"He did not have any time for Gago and not only that, he disrespected a person as faultless as Fernando," the agent told Goal.com.

"Fernando did not receive the professional treatment he deserved and he will not go back. [Mourinho] disrespected an impeccable character.

"If you told me that Gago was confrontational, unprofessional ... But no, he was not. In four and a half years, his behaviour was flawless."

When pressed on exactly how Gago had been mistreated, Lombilla replied: "He was just disrespected in every sense of the word."

The agent says the 26-year-old midfielder now only looking forward, with his move to the Italian capital set to be finalised sooner rather than later.

"We are very close. Roma and Gago are already in agreement," he explained. "We are now waiting on the outcome of Roma's meeting with Real Madrid. They now have to agree a deal among themselves."

Gago, who has been capped 35 times by his country, made 30 Serie A appearances for the Giallorossi this season, scoring one goal and racking up four assists.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/3276/serie-a/2012/05/18/3111890/agent-gago-has-agreed-terms-with-roma-and-will-never-return

Silly Agents :bow:

McNamara That Ghost...
20-05-2012, 09:20 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=gh9B_N-HTHg

In a friendly but what a beast.

Falcao. :bow:

Master Splinter
20-05-2012, 09:25 PM
Just buy him, Wenget.

£80m.

Go mental.

Come on Stan's Wife.

Marc Overmars
20-05-2012, 09:28 PM
Hopefully he destroys Big Man in the Super Cup.

McNamara That Ghost...
20-05-2012, 10:36 PM
Or if not when he plays against them, for us next season.

:cloud9:

McNamara That Ghost...
22-05-2012, 12:06 PM
Mourinho has signed a contract extension with Marketing, lasting until 2016.

Syn
22-05-2012, 12:09 PM
Tactregas :haha:

McNamara That Ghost...
22-05-2012, 12:15 PM
http://www.kickette.com/images/uploads/20080304_zaf_c04_0161.jpg

Olivier's xmas twist
22-05-2012, 12:57 PM
Mourinho has signed a contract extension with Marketing, lasting until 2016.

Good for their league tbh. Plus it will give him time to prepare for the UTD job too.

McNamara That Ghost...
25-05-2012, 07:36 AM
Pep Guardiola hints he may return to management next season

Departing Barcelona boss Pep Guardiola has hinted that he could be ready to return to management next season.

The 41-year-old, whose final game in charge of the Catalan club is the Copa del Rey final, opted to leave the Nou Camp to take time away from the game.

But ahead of Friday's match, he said: "I will receive all calls with pleasure, but for the next month I have to recharge my batteries and my mind.

"I will be ready [to return] if one club wants me and seduces me."

More to follow.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18202900

Hmmm, what a floozy.

Also, Athletic Bilbao vs Barcelona tonight at 9pm in the Copa Del Rey final. SS1's progamme starts at 8:30 pm.

Athletic Club. :bow:

McNamara That Ghost...
25-05-2012, 07:19 PM
Athletic Club: Iraizoz, Iraola, Ekiza, Amorebieta, Aurtenetxe, Javi Martinez, De Marcos, Muniain, Susaeta, Llorente, Ibai Gomez

Barcelona: Pinto, Montoya, Mascherano, Pique, Adriano, Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets, Alexis Sanchez, Pedro, Messi.

Frankcesc. :haha:

Doesn't start in another big game.

McNamara That Ghost...
25-05-2012, 07:32 PM
Sky's programme is on now.

Balague and Rafa are in the studio. :popcorn:

Cripps_orig
25-05-2012, 07:33 PM
Come on Bilbao

McNamara That Ghost...
25-05-2012, 07:51 PM
Shakira is there. Pique is going to do something stupid I am sure of it.

GP
25-05-2012, 07:58 PM
Derps don't lie.

McNamara That Ghost...
25-05-2012, 08:02 PM
Messi curls one just wide. :blink:

McNamara That Ghost...
25-05-2012, 08:04 PM
Pedro shoots, Aurtenexte just puts it wide. Good defending.

Athletic Club 0-1 Barcelona, Pedro! From a corner. :haha:

McNamara That Ghost...
25-05-2012, 08:05 PM
Pinto. :haha:

What a clown.

McNamara That Ghost...
25-05-2012, 08:09 PM
Brilliant hold-up play from Llorente, shame the pass was woeful.

The picture is going. :rose:

McNamara That Ghost...
25-05-2012, 08:17 PM
What a save from Iraizoz to deny Messi.

McNamara That Ghost...
25-05-2012, 08:22 PM
Athletic Club 0-2 Barcelona, Messi! Amazing passing between he and Iniesta. Belted it in from close range with his chocolate leg.

73rd of the season. :wacko:

Syn
25-05-2012, 08:24 PM
Couldn't do it on a mild spring evening at the Nou Camp though could they? :haha:

Get El Tact on ffs.

McNamara That Ghost...
25-05-2012, 08:26 PM
Athletic Club 0-3 Barcelona, Pedro again. They've been absolutely brilliant tbf. Back to 4-3-3 without Frankcesc.

McNamara That Ghost...
25-05-2012, 08:27 PM
Good save from Pinto to deny Susaeta.

McNamara That Ghost...
25-05-2012, 08:28 PM
Messi misses a sitter. :lol:

McNamara That Ghost...
25-05-2012, 08:28 PM
Blatant foul on Llorente by Pique, should be a pelanty without question. Not given.

Me. :bow:

Syn
25-05-2012, 08:29 PM
Robin van Persie ‏@Persie_Official
About to watch Barca v ath Bilbao with my geezers @NDJ_Official @boulahrouz81

So I believe he's hangin/chillin with his dawgs, Nigel De Jong and Boulahrouz...

Hope he gets Chiellini'd again in the Euros. If we can't have him, nobody should be able to have him. No, I don't mean that. That's psychotic. But in a truer sense, I very much do.

McNamara That Ghost...
25-05-2012, 08:30 PM
How come his geezers are the two true pub teamers from the Dutch team?

McNamara That Ghost...
25-05-2012, 08:38 PM
Trying to man-mark is Messi is ridiculous. Sort it out Bielsa.

Syn
25-05-2012, 08:38 PM
I don't know. But I don't know how good his choices are. Arsenal have utterly disgraced themselves in this past week. Wilshere, AOC, Ian Wright, Ray Parlour and now Van Persie.

McNamara That Ghost...
25-05-2012, 08:39 PM
This is what happens when there aren't any Arsenal football games to think about.

McNamara That Ghost...
25-05-2012, 08:40 PM
Iniesta was getting stripped by Javi Martinez. :lol:

McNamara That Ghost...
25-05-2012, 08:42 PM
Susaeta booked. Athletic reverting back to the kick the shit out of them tactics that they were used to last season. :bow:

McNamara That Ghost...
25-05-2012, 08:42 PM
No pelanty given for Barca. :faint:

McNamara That Ghost...
25-05-2012, 08:44 PM
Iraola booked.

McNamara That Ghost...
25-05-2012, 08:46 PM
Herp derps from Pinto, first he makes a poor clearance, then he nearly turned a low cross in to his own net.

McNamara That Ghost...
25-05-2012, 08:47 PM
0-3 HT. Barca were a bit good.

GP
25-05-2012, 08:49 PM
So there you have it.

Agent Cesc ruined everything.

McNamara That Ghost...
25-05-2012, 08:50 PM
I never thought of it like that.

Agent Cesc. :bow: Shame Pep worked it out though.

McNamara That Ghost...
25-05-2012, 09:03 PM
Herrera and Perez on for Susaeta and De Marcos.

McNamara That Ghost...
25-05-2012, 09:08 PM
What a pass from Herrera, Ibai goes for the Vela but puts it over.

McNamara That Ghost...
25-05-2012, 09:13 PM
Iniesta is just ridiculous when he is on it.

McNamara That Ghost...
25-05-2012, 09:18 PM
Dreadful freekick from Messi. :lol:

McNamara That Ghost...
25-05-2012, 09:21 PM
Great chance for Llorente, Pique blocks it, not that he knew much about it.

McNamara That Ghost...
25-05-2012, 09:22 PM
Xavi booked.

McNamara That Ghost...
25-05-2012, 09:27 PM
What a run from Messi, absolutely shat on them, Iraizoz just about keeps it out with his feet.

Sanchez off, Keita on.

Cesc. :lol:

Not trusted in midfield, even at 0-3.

McNamara That Ghost...
25-05-2012, 09:28 PM
Llorente off, Toquero on. :bow:

McNamara That Ghost...
25-05-2012, 09:33 PM
What a chance for Aurtenetxe but heads it wide.

McNamara That Ghost...
25-05-2012, 09:36 PM
Xavi off, possibly injured, he did just take a battering. Cesc on. :lol:

Syn
25-05-2012, 09:41 PM
Xavi off, possibly injured, he did just take a battering. Cesc on. :lol:

He's the equivalent of the night-watchman.

McNamara That Ghost...
25-05-2012, 09:42 PM
Pedro off, Thiago on.

McNamara That Ghost...
25-05-2012, 09:44 PM
He's the equivalent of the night-watchman.

Cesc after his +1, runs the ball out.

McNamara That Ghost...
25-05-2012, 09:45 PM
Another awful first touch from Cesc, would've been a good chance if he wasn't a pubber.

McNamara That Ghost...
25-05-2012, 09:49 PM
0-3 FT. Second half was a bit of a non-event generally.

Guardiola's 14th trophy in four seasons. His first was a Copa Del Rey and his last is a Copa Del Rey. Same opposition in both games too.

Cesc. :lol:

Iniesta. :bow:

McNamara That Ghost...
25-05-2012, 09:50 PM
Muniain crying again. :doh:

Cripps_orig
25-05-2012, 09:50 PM
Take away all the Pub team trophies such as the Spanish charity shield, the european charity shield and the world charity shield and his trophy haul is like 4

Pep :haha:

McNamara That Ghost...
25-05-2012, 09:52 PM
Seven.

Cripps_orig
25-05-2012, 09:56 PM
7 in 4 years?

Pep :haha:

With all the money, refs, FA, UEFA, FIFA and BBLs on his side, he should have won it all.

But he joined when Real were champions and he leaves with Real as record breaking champions.

One must ask, was he that good then? Or just a flash in the pan? A Danny Cadamarteri of the managing world?

McNamara That Ghost...
25-05-2012, 10:01 PM
I would say no but it depends on what else he goes on to do.

Seven out of twelve isn't too bad though. I'd include the UEFA Super Cup and the Club World Cup though at the very least, you can't qualify for it by being a runner-up, unlike say the Spanish Super Cup.

Xavi wants Puyol to have his Big Man moment but insists on Xavi alone lifting it. Nice touch from Cavey Wavey.

McNamara That Ghost...
25-05-2012, 10:03 PM
Xavi slipped on the podium.

Cripps_orig
25-05-2012, 10:07 PM
Dont forget Rijkaard started it all off and no ones seen him since.

Genuinely believe that Pep had little to do what went on there and was just the fall guy should things go wrong.

As soon as they do, hes gone. The only surprise is the Laportas have given him the courtesy of walking instead of being pushed.

McNamara That Ghost...
25-05-2012, 10:09 PM
Started it all off maybe but it tailed off for two seasons quite dramatically. Rijkaard even guided Barca to finishing third.

Kano
25-05-2012, 10:50 PM
real shame bilbao finished off the season with two loser medals, the amount of games with a small squad caught up with them in the end. barca were stunning in that first 30.

i don't get why bielsa is not on the radar of chelsea or liverpool - fits the bill for both but he'd really have his work cut out imposing his usual approach with those two current squads.

McNamara That Ghost...
26-05-2012, 12:05 AM
I guess it probably did though I think they might have done better in the Europa League final had it not been against Spanish oppposition.

Interesting about Bielsa, his contract actualy runs out in the summer (it was only a year long), no word yet as to whether he will stay on or not. Hope he does though.

Kano
26-05-2012, 12:19 AM
exactly, the timing is right in a few ways for an approach from those clubs.

but like yourself i'd want him to keep trying with bilbao, at the very least until all the best players have been picked off by the bigger clubs, so a couple more years. competition is what keeps this game alive after all.

McNamara That Ghost...
26-05-2012, 12:59 AM
They're back in the Europa League anyway so it's not like a season is coming up where he couldn't put it right. He's never really managed at club level for more than a couple of years a time. He's still relatively young at 56 too so it shouldn't be like two more seasons in Bilbao would damage his prospects afterwards.

Master Splinter
26-05-2012, 03:31 PM
Not speaking English at a club with Carragher, Gerrard and Spearing would likely be a problem too.

Shaqiri Is Boss
26-05-2012, 05:05 PM
real shame bilbao finished off the season with two loser medals, the amount of games with a small squad caught up with them in the end. barca were stunning in that first 30.

i don't get why bielsa is not on the radar of chelsea or liverpool - fits the bill for both but he'd really have his work cut out imposing his usual approach with those two current squads.
As far as Liverpool goes, we don't know he isn't.

If it wasn't for Whelan spouting off every 5 seconds we wouldn't really know anything.

Saying that, I don't think he fits into the whole young and upcoming category so would probably be quite low down the list.

McNamara That Ghost...
04-06-2012, 12:46 PM
Bielsa signed a contract extension (for one year), you'd assume that means very few players will be leaving - possibly Javi Martinez though...

http://img01.mundodeportivo.com/2012/06/04/Mundial-Sudafrica-2010-Concent_54303237346_51356729138_352_256.jpg

Cesc left out again. :lol:

Cripps_orig
04-06-2012, 04:06 PM
Malaga after Green apparently :lol:

McNamara That Ghost...
07-06-2012, 07:34 AM
Manuel Preciado became Villarreal coach yesterday. Today he has died of a heart attack. :(

His press conference when he was let go last season at Sporting was horrible to watch. Tears everywhere.

GP
07-06-2012, 08:09 AM
Fuck

:(

Cripps_orig
08-06-2012, 05:18 PM
Xavi has stated that Real Madrid boss Jose Mourinho will not go down in football history due to his inferiority to outgoing Barcelona coach Pep Guardiola.

During the four years that the 41-year-old was in charge of Blaugrana, the Catalan club claimed a number of trophies, and won widespread acclaim for their attractive, attacking brand of football.

And Xavi feels that the Portuguese man will forever be in Guardiola's shadow.

"Mourinho is not going to go down in football history," the Spain star told Canal+. "For me, the best is Guardiola, and in the four years that he has been leading the club, he has revolutionised football.

"For example, Chelsea won the Champions League this year, but the club [Barca] remains the benchmark in world football."

Since the former Inter boss took charge in the Spanish capital, the on-pitch rivalry between the two old enemies intensified, although Xavi believes that the media sensationalised it beyond its true worth.

"The press were much to blame as well, because it created a tension that was almost fictional. It's true that there was tension, but not as much as ws said.

"I'm great friends with Iker [Casillas, Real Madrid captain] and that always comes above everything."

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/3277/la-liga/2012/06/08/3157635/xavi-mourinho-will-not-go-down-in-footballing-history

The jealousy is laughable from Xavi

hobson's choice
09-06-2012, 05:26 AM
I love how all these Barcelona people have just seem to completely erase what Rijkaard did from their minds. He was the one who stabilized that club after their little crisis, and brought them back to the top.

No respect.

McNamara That Ghost...
09-06-2012, 09:16 AM
Well that's because he took them to two trophyless seasons (well out of the three trophies generally recognised) and third place in 07/08.

fakeyank
12-06-2012, 05:59 PM
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/3277/la-liga/2012/06/08/3157635/xavi-mourinho-will-not-go-down-in-footballing-history

The jealousy is laughable from Xavi

Stupid pricks.. I'd like to see Guardiola win something outside of Barca.. something Mourinho did at every club he has been at.

Cripps_orig
12-06-2012, 06:04 PM
Stupid pricks.. I'd like to see Guardiola win something outside of Barca.. something Mourinho did at every club he has been at.Pretty much

Guardiola is the Messi of managers. World class in his comfort zone but too scared to leave it and challenge themselves.

Tis why neither is seen as greats

McNamara That Ghost...
12-06-2012, 06:10 PM
Guardiola has left. :unsure:

Cripps_orig
12-06-2012, 06:12 PM
And the fact no one wants him pretty much backs up my point

McNamara That Ghost...
12-06-2012, 06:13 PM
Abramovich obviously wants him.

fakeyank
12-06-2012, 06:23 PM
Abramovich obviously wants him.

He just cant seduce Guardiola into coming to England

Cripps_orig
12-06-2012, 06:24 PM
Hope they get him tbh

McNamara That Ghost...
12-06-2012, 06:26 PM
He just cant seduce Guardiola into coming to England

Nobody will until next season in all probability.

McNamara That Ghost...
19-06-2012, 03:55 PM
Sandro Rosell has said Ronaldo is the 12th best player in the world (implied behind Barca's starting XI).

Cesc. :haha:

GP
19-06-2012, 03:58 PM
Sandro Rosell has said Ronaldo is the 12th best player in the world (implied behind Barca's starting XI).

Cesc. :haha:

Sandro Rosell seems to be overrating Ronaldo. Cheeky bid?

McNamara That Ghost...
19-06-2012, 04:04 PM
2p plus Chakma. :scarf:

Cripps_orig
20-06-2012, 12:26 AM
Real Madrid star Cristiano Ronaldo and his agent, Jorge Mendes, have stepped forward to cover the cost of a nine-year-old boy's cancer treatment.

Having been told by doctors that there was nothing more they can do for their child, Nuhazet's parents decided to make one of their son's dreams come true by taking him to a game at the Santiago Bernabeu last month.

Ronaldo and Mendes met the boy, who hails from Las Palmas, after the match and immediately offered to foot the bill for a consultation at one of the Spanish capital's top medical facilities.

"In the hospital, they gave us three options: do nothing, carry out experimental tests or send a biopsy to the United States so they could produce personalised medication," Nuhazet's father explained to AS.

The boy's family are now awaiting the arrival of said "personalised medication".

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/3277/la-liga/2012/06/19/3186763/ronaldo-pays-for-cancer-treatment-for-nine-year-old-boy

Shaqiri Is Boss
20-06-2012, 10:01 AM
Unless the kid comes in for his treatment wearing a Barca shirt, in which case RIP.