PDA

View Full Version : Arsenal v Chelsea Saturday 21st April 12.45pm

Pages : [1] 2

Cripps_orig
16-04-2012, 11:11 PM
Going to this.

yay

We are in shite form

2 losses in 3, both v struggling clubs as well.

Chelsea have lost just once under RDM and have just reached the Cup final destroying Spuds and hopefully Barca as well

Id take a draw in this but Drogba against our defence? 0-3 comfortable

Marc Overmars
16-04-2012, 11:24 PM
Fairly confident we can take the points, but now we've heaped a load of unnecessary pressure on ourselves, hopefully tonight is the kick up the arse we needed.

2-1 to the Arsenal.

Olivier's xmas twist
17-04-2012, 08:02 AM
Going to this.

yay

We are in shite form2 losses in 3, both v struggling clubs as well.

Chelsea have lost just once under RDM and have just reached the Cup final destroying Spuds and hopefully Barca as well

Stopped reading there.

We'll win Chavs will be worried about Barca to think about our game and Drogba won't even play.

Cripps_orig
17-04-2012, 09:10 AM
Stopped reading there.

We'll win Chavs will be worried about Barca to think about our game and Drogba won't even play.2 losses in 3 games would suggest shit form

KSE Comedy Club
17-04-2012, 09:40 AM
2 losses in 3 games would suggest shit formHowever, 4 wins in the last 6 games would suggest its not too bad.

Cripps_orig
17-04-2012, 09:42 AM
However, 4 wins in the last 6 games would suggest its not too bad.10 defeats in 34 games suggests its a bit shit

KSE Comedy Club
17-04-2012, 09:52 AM
10 defeats in 34 games suggests its a bit shit17th to 3rd would like to argue back.

Cripps_orig
17-04-2012, 10:00 AM
17th to 3rd would like to argue back.7 years of winning f all takes that argument, turns it sidesways and sticks it straight up its candy ass

Olivier's xmas twist
17-04-2012, 10:03 AM
2 losses in 3 games would suggest shit form

8 wins in the last 10 says other wise stop being a plum.

Letters
17-04-2012, 10:04 AM
That's completely irrelevant to recent form as you well know. We've won 9 from 11. Our last defeat was a slip up, we responded by thumping City (if you can thump a team 1-0, I wasn't there but by all accounts we were good value for the win and the highlights I saw suggested we could have scored more).
If Chelsea don't get humped by Barca then they'll have the 2nd leg to think about and the FA Cup final of course. We need to perform to get a result but we're more than capable of doing so.

Come on Arsenal :scarf:

Olivier's xmas twist
17-04-2012, 11:11 AM
Going to say something i never thought i say last year.

Thank feck kos is back for the chav game, were going to need him really are.

Hopefully Ramsey is dropped and OX starts.

Lets hope the Barca game takes alot out the chavs and that they are thinking about the return leg during this game.

KSE Comedy Club
17-04-2012, 11:23 AM
7 years of winning f all takes that argument, turns it sidesways and sticks it straight up its candy ass:lol:

Olivier's xmas twist
17-04-2012, 12:06 PM
:lol:

YES YES YES YES YES as a great man once said.

Cripps_orig
17-04-2012, 12:07 PM
Going to say something i never thought i say last year.

Thank feck kos is back for the chav game, were going to need him really are.

Hopefully Ramsey is dropped and OX starts.

Lets hope the Barca game takes alot out the chavs and that they are thinking about the return leg during this game.This

In an ideal world, Chelsea dont destroy Barca in the first leg, rest players for our game and the destroy them in the 2nd leg

Knowing us, we'd still lose to Chelsea reserves

Olivier's xmas twist
17-04-2012, 12:20 PM
This

In an ideal world, Chelsea dont destroy Barca in the first leg, rest players for our game and the destroy them in the 2nd leg

Knowing us, we'd still lose to Chelsea reserves

Tbf Torres/ Luiz and co are not all bad lol.

Ernesto
17-04-2012, 03:35 PM
We'll get our first double over Chelsea since 2003/04, methinks.

03/04 :trophy:

Cripps_orig
17-04-2012, 03:38 PM
Thats if we beat them

Considering how we are playing and how they are, its not likely

Letters
17-04-2012, 03:48 PM
Thats if we beat them

I won't bother quoting your predictions before the City game.

Cripps_orig
17-04-2012, 04:13 PM
I won't bother quoting your predictions before the City game.Do bother quoting my predictions from other games though

Olivier's xmas twist
17-04-2012, 04:18 PM
Thats if we beat them

he did say methinks or did you miss that :lol:

Injury Time
17-04-2012, 05:22 PM
Going to this.

yay

We are in shite form

2 losses in 3, both v struggling clubs as well.

so am I and suffolk gooner, you going say hi this time?

Injury Time
17-04-2012, 05:27 PM
oh and Ramsay hatrick creates a hole in space and time, 3-4 loss

Cripps_orig
17-04-2012, 05:34 PM
so am I and suffolk gooner, you going say hi this time?If you guys see me then sure.

Although whos suffolk gooner?

Xhaka Can’t
17-04-2012, 07:56 PM
https://p.twimg.com/AqpENcJCQAAC6Oj.jpg:large

Injury Time
17-04-2012, 08:59 PM
If you guys see me then sure.

Although whos suffolk gooner?
Best mate, he doesn't post on here, pm me your seat no I'll come and say hello :thumb:

Özil's Panoramic View
17-04-2012, 09:11 PM
AW will pick a shytte team again and have us in all sorts of mess.....a draw at best

Cripps_orig
17-04-2012, 09:13 PM
Best mate, he doesn't post on here, pm me your seat no I'll come and say hello :thumb:Your mates a he?

Fuck that shit tbh

I'll PM you it when i can remember it which wont be til i get the ticket off my brother later this week

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
17-04-2012, 11:20 PM
1-2 chelsea

Thierrymon
18-04-2012, 01:30 AM

He is like the mutated twin of Anthony Keidis.

Joker
18-04-2012, 11:45 AM
======================Chesney===================== ===

Sagna=======Koscielny=============Vermaelen======= ==Gibbs=

====================Song========================== ===

==========Rosicky==============Ramsey============= =====

Walcott==========================================O xlade=

=================van Persie=============================

Chelsea will probably push out more than Wigan, giving Walcott space to play and look dangerous. When the tempo of the game is slow and the opposition are extremely deep, Walcott is extremely ineffective but hopefully a more open game will suit him.

I would go with Gibbs rather than Santos tbh. I don't trust him defensively at all.

Japan Shaking All Over
18-04-2012, 03:08 PM
Would say youre right there!
Chelsea lack pace but they are on a high and as Sunday show have a secret weapon even more deadly than Torres with an open goal - the match officials!

Use of pace is the order of the day, Santos is proving to be an overweight, occassional moment having liability, a biit like Theo minus the gut but he did have a decent second half at the bridge so we should hppe for lightning striking twice

Cripps_orig
18-04-2012, 08:44 PM
Need to destroy these ****s

fakeyank
18-04-2012, 08:59 PM
Looks like they are getting into form.. right around the time we look to be getting off it!

Cripps_orig
18-04-2012, 09:00 PM
Looks like they are getting into form.. right around the time we look to be getting off it!They arent getting in to form

They are in form.

Have been since RDM took over. Thats what a new manager can do....

Marc Overmars
18-04-2012, 09:03 PM
They arent getting in to form

They are in form.

Have been since Big Man took over. Thats what a new manager can do....

Corrected your mistake there.

McNamara That Ghost...
18-04-2012, 09:07 PM
You didn't correct it too well, Big Man is not a new manager.

Olivier's xmas twist
18-04-2012, 09:25 PM
Looks like they are getting into form.. right around the time we look to be getting off it!

Well we was not on form when we beat them at SB tbh. So that makes no diffrence and in these games form goes out the window.

they will be more focused on Barca then us anyway.

McNamara That Ghost...
18-04-2012, 09:34 PM
Just hope they rest all of the Old Boys, could do without Drogba shitting on us tbf.

Cripps_orig
18-04-2012, 09:36 PM
Likely Chelsea team?

Cech

Bosingwa Cahill Luiz Bertrand

Romeu Essien Ramires

Kalou Torres Sturridge

Marc Overmars
18-04-2012, 09:41 PM
I think Song needs to ensure his steel legs take out Ramires.

McNamara That Ghost...
18-04-2012, 09:45 PM
Likely Chelsea team?

Cech

Bosingwa Cahill Luiz Bertrand

Romeu Essien Ramires

Kalou Torres Sturridge

David Luiz is injured.

Cripps_orig
18-04-2012, 09:48 PM
Ivanovic in the centre then

McNamara That Ghost...
18-04-2012, 09:52 PM
He's suspended.

Cripps_orig
18-04-2012, 09:53 PM
Terry has to play then?

We're fucked

Whos their 4th CB?

Dennis Bendtner
18-04-2012, 10:00 PM
Savage

Cripps_orig
18-04-2012, 10:07 PM
Savagehttp://www.wearysloth.com/Gallery/ActorsJ/8635-13392.gif?

Master Splinter
18-04-2012, 10:07 PM
Torres as CB tbh.

Dennis Bendtner
18-04-2012, 10:09 PM
http://www.wearysloth.com/Gallery/ActorsJ/8635-13392.gif?

Essien

Terry will play anyway. He's colossal.

Cripps_orig
18-04-2012, 10:10 PM
Hope not.

We need him to rest for the big game

Olivier's xmas twist
18-04-2012, 10:11 PM
Terry has to play then?

We're fuckedWhos their 4th CB?

The same Terry who slipped and gifted us a goal, I know chavs are in form but they have not really improved that much.

Cripps_orig
18-04-2012, 10:12 PM
The same Terry who slipped and gifted us a goal, I know chavs are in form but they have not really improved that much.Well yes they have

Olivier's xmas twist
18-04-2012, 10:16 PM
Well yes they have

Nah diffrence is Terry has decided his lot will pay now instead of being pricks.

Cripps_orig
18-04-2012, 10:19 PM
Nah diffrence is Terry has decided his lot will pay now instead of being pricks.Hence they have improved

Letters
18-04-2012, 10:35 PM
Hence they have improved
Since we last played them? So have we.

Good result for us tonight, they'll have one eye on the 2nd leg.

Cripps_orig
18-04-2012, 10:37 PM
Since we last played them? So have we.

Good result for us tonight, they'll have one eye on the 2nd leg.

True but they are in very good form having just beaten Spuds and Barca

We got our asses handed to us by a relegation threatened team.

Im hoping they rest players for the 2nd leg. If not then 0-3 comfortable.

Hope im right about this as i was about my City prediction :good:

Olivier's xmas twist
18-04-2012, 10:39 PM

Im hoping they rest players for the 2nd leg. If not then 0-3 comfortable.

Hope im right about this as i was about my City prediction :good:

Form goes out the window in games like these.

and you said we loose to city.

Cripps_orig
18-04-2012, 10:41 PM
Form goes out the window in games like these.

and you said we loose to city.Thats just some ridiculous thing fans/managers/players of the team not in form says.

Sarcasm detector broken i see

Olivier's xmas twist
18-04-2012, 10:43 PM
Thats just some ridiculous thing fans/managers/players of the team not in form says.Sarcasm detector broken i see

Not really. Id have said it had we been inform too and so would a lot of chav fans too.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
18-04-2012, 11:40 PM
chelsea on form

just beat barca

we cant beat wigan

:doh: we know whats coming

Olivier's xmas twist
18-04-2012, 11:47 PM
chelsea on form

just beat barca

we cant beat wigan

A good match ?

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
18-04-2012, 11:49 PM
if we lose the game by less than 2 goals then yes it will be a great game for us

Olivier's xmas twist
18-04-2012, 11:52 PM
if we lose the game by less than 2 goals then yes it will be a great game for us

:wacko:

Letters
19-04-2012, 07:11 AM

As we did before the City game.

Globalgunner
19-04-2012, 09:07 AM
As we did before the City game.

Letters ever the optimist, dont forget that until Arteta decided to take a punt from distance we were not looking anywhere like winning that game. Whose going to make the difference now.?

Chelsea have shown that they know how to defend and our brand of tippy tappy is even more denuded than that of Barcelona. We have a punchers chance, of course. IF our invisible men like Walcott and Ramsey(GOD help us) show up. Good that Djorou will be replaced by Kosielny. But this is a game where we really need a tactic, rather than ad infinitum passing in front of the box with Chelsea massed in front of Cech.

Vermaelen needs a massive game as Drogba is on a high currently. the last thing we want to read is headlines restating how Drogba bullied our defenders into a quivering pulp again.

Actually this is a game where we really could have used the adroitness of Diaby, but we all know he`s to all intents and purposes dead.

Syn
19-04-2012, 09:16 AM
Letters ever the optimist, dont forget that until Arteta decided to take a punt from distance we were not looking anywhere like winning that game.

Van Persie hit post, Walcott hit the post, Benayoun/Vermaelen somehow managed to miss from 2 yards out and Vermaelen cleared Van Persie's goalbound header off the line. To say we were not looking anywhere near winning the game isn't really accurate.

Actually this is a game where we really could have used the adroitness of Diaby, but we all know he`s to all intents and purposes dead.

He played 45 mins for the reserves the other day and I think he'll be in the squad but on the bench.

Letters
19-04-2012, 09:37 AM
Letters ever the optimist.I'm not that optimistic actually, pretty nervous about the whole thing and not that confident. But what I said is true, the doom-mongers were mongering doom before the City game citing the QPR result. The exact same thing could be said here.

As for the rest of your post, what Syn said.

dazthegooner
19-04-2012, 09:57 AM
People keep on going about how we got beat by Wigan so did United and they're going for the championship anything can happen this time of the season and usually does!

Olivier's xmas twist
19-04-2012, 10:43 AM
People keep on going about how we got beat by Wigan so did United and they're going for the championship anything can happen this time of the season and usually does!

:gp:

Cripps_orig
19-04-2012, 10:59 AM
United were away

We were at home

Letters
19-04-2012, 11:10 AM
United were away

We were at homeUtd were at home to Blackburn and lost earlier in the season :shrug:
These results happen and they happen to every team. Wigan are scrapping for their PL lives and are on a good run. It was a poor result but what's done is done. We need to pick ourselves up and get a result on Saturday.

Olivier's xmas twist
19-04-2012, 11:27 AM
United were away

We were at home

Does not matter who was where, we both lost to a team we should have beat end off, being home or away makes no diffrence at all.

it was 3 points dropped for both teams all that matters, same as City losing to swansea or spurs Loosing to Nowrich at home.

Syn
19-04-2012, 11:30 AM
I don't really get what there is to discuss about past results. I know talking garbage to waste time is the whole point we're all here but there's not really much to analyse at this point. The bottom line is - we've won a few of games we probably weren't supposed to win and we've lost a few games we probably weren't supposed to lose. The end result (so far) is that we're in bronze position with 4 games to go. And, in particular, this has turned into a massive game...it could make the difference between finishing 3rd or 5th.

Having Arteta out is a massive loss. Having Kosicleny back in is a massive gain. I think we still have the edge - being at home, having beaten them once already this season, and them having battled out a tough win against Barcelona. Momentum can only carry you so far and even if the old boys play, even their 30-something bodies will start feeling it around the hour mark. I think a 1-0 is on the cards.

Cripps_orig
19-04-2012, 11:48 AM
Utd were at home to Blackburn and lost earlier in the season :shrug:
These results happen and they happen to every team. Wigan are scrapping for their PL lives and are on a good run. It was a poor result but what's done is done. We need to pick ourselves up and get a result on Saturday.Man Utd get some leeway though cos they will still win the title and can afford losses like that.

We cant

Letters
19-04-2012, 12:22 PM
Man Utd get some leeway though cos they will still win the title and can afford losses like that.

We cant
We're not going for the title, we're going for 3rd. We were 5 points clear (as were Utd when they lost to Wigan) so in that sense we can afford it in the same way they could. What we can't afford to do is slip up much more.

Coney
19-04-2012, 12:26 PM
I thought Wenger said we were going for 4th. :unsure:

Olivier's xmas twist
19-04-2012, 12:33 PM
I thought Wenger said we were going for 4th. :unsure:

I know what a disgrace the man is. Got us all excited over the 4th place trophy too.

Niall_Quinn
19-04-2012, 01:31 PM
Easy 3 points, who are we playing after?

Olivier's xmas twist
19-04-2012, 01:33 PM
Pubis's thugs.

Cripps_orig
19-04-2012, 01:34 PM
Easy 3 points, who are we playing after?Barca

Oh sorry, i was still in supporting Chelsea mode there for a second

Niall_Quinn
19-04-2012, 01:35 PM
Pubis's thugs.

Hmm, that's the one we need to worry about. The chavs used up all their luck midweek, they are in for a right hiding on Saturday. 0-0 to us.

Niall_Quinn
19-04-2012, 01:36 PM
Barca

Oh sorry, i was still in supporting Chelsea mode there for a second

was a boring game. No floods, earthquakes, famine or pestilence. Not even a single volcano erupted.

Globalgunner
19-04-2012, 02:25 PM
Van Persie hit post, Walcott hit the post, Benayoun/Vermaelen somehow managed to miss from 2 yards out and Vermaelen cleared Van Persie's goalbound header off the line. To say we were not looking anywhere near winning the game isn't really accurate.

He played 45 mins for the reserves the other day and I think he'll be in the squad but on the bench.

Barca hit the post 2ce yesterday, they still lost. All im saying is that we need a strategy to draw them out of their half so we can get Walcott to do his thing behind the back four, as we all know he wont dribble past Cashley. If they do the same thing they dis yesterday and stay in their half all game then we either accept a draw or watch out for the counter as none of our players is any good at running back to cover a fast break. Bottom line is we never do well against teams that want to defend. Oxlade could be useful also here but Wenger wont until 67 mins at the earliest.

Syn
19-04-2012, 02:40 PM
I don't really know what you're trying to say with the posts thing. The bottom line is that we were incredibly unlucky not to be leading against Man City well before the goal went in and we did create clear openings. I don't think Chelsea will play for a draw. A draw's no good for them, really. But in any case, if we defend like we did against Wigan early on and they race to a lead, then obviously it will be difficult for us.

I disagree that we need to force them out. I think it's less true these days that Arsenal can't break down teams that set up to only defend - we did it against Man City, Milan (2nd leg) and have done it in the few comebacks and last minute victories we have recorded this season. Teams that tend to have a go seem to get more success against us. Chelsea will come and have a go and Kos-Verm will have to be on the top of their game.

Van Persie turning up and winning the game would be quite nice...haven't seen that in a while.

Marc Overmars
19-04-2012, 03:17 PM
RVP has been on the periphery of games recently and it's probably no conicidence we've been hit with 2 sloppy defeats in this spell. He's so much more than a goal scorer, he's the link between midfield and attack. If he's struggling to make an impact we will suffer as a team for it.

He's delivered in most big games this season, I reckon he'll return to form here.

Master Splinter
19-04-2012, 03:44 PM
Also, is 2ce an actual thing?

Marc Overmars
19-04-2012, 03:55 PM
It's the internet.

So probably.

-Xs-
19-04-2012, 11:01 PM

Nah then, he's probably already injured.

We will make this a bit more difficult if we pass to Ramsey, but should be wining this.

Japan Shaking All Over
20-04-2012, 05:35 AM
WIN

Japan Shaking All Over
20-04-2012, 10:03 AM
I was at Stamford Bridge on Wednesday and I thought Chelsea did really well against Barcelona in the first leg of their Champions League semi-final.

A 1-0 win is a great result and it doesn't matter that at times they had all 11 men behind the ball to get it because, if you try to play football against Barca, they will kill you. If Jose Mourinho had been Chelsea manager for that game, people would be raving about their tactics.

The Blues hung on and it's a really good result, but I still think they will get absolutely hammered in the second leg at the Nou Camp.

Roberto di Matteo will have to rotate his team because of the week they have had, with the Barca game and last Sunday's FA Cup semi-final, and with the return in Spain on Tuesday to consider too.

It will be a balancing act for him but, at this stage of the season, that is what successful teams have to do.

Arsenal's defeat by Wigan on Monday was very strange - the Latics got their early goals, then sat back and soaked everything up and, through the likes of Victor Moses, they could even have stretched their lead.

It is in games like that one, and when they lost to QPR at the end of March, that you look at Arsenal and start to question them again.

In terms of the race for the top four, I think avoiding defeat will be the main aim for Arsene Wenger's men here, so I can see this game being a deadly dull one.

Looking at Arsenal's run-in, and also bearing in mind Chelsea's involvement in the cup and in Europe, I think their results in the league after this game will be better than Chelsea's, and that will ensure they finish above the Blues.

Prediction: 1-1

Lawro at it again!

Ollie the Optimist
20-04-2012, 11:23 AM
chelsea on form

just beat barca

we cant beat wigan

we were on form last year when we beat barca. we all know what happened then

Ollie the Optimist
20-04-2012, 11:23 AM
Terry has to play then?

We're fucked

Whos their 4th CB?

you mean the same john terry that RVP destroyed in the 5-3. suits me

Coney
20-04-2012, 11:30 AM
you mean the same john terry that RVP destroyed in the 5-3. suits me

Must remember to put grease under his boots again. :good:

Syn
20-04-2012, 12:20 PM
Drogba is ruled out of our game with a knee injury.

Meh.

KSE Comedy Club
20-04-2012, 12:35 PM

Meh.Good news for us tbh.

Olivier's xmas twist
20-04-2012, 01:07 PM

Meh.

Resting him for Barca more like.

Master Splinter
20-04-2012, 01:13 PM
The Drogba Curse had already ended tbh.

It's shite like Kalou, Mikel and Ferreira we have to watch out for. All three will have their best games ever tomorrow.

And Gervinho will definitely start over Oxo.

Letters
20-04-2012, 01:20 PM

Meh.Knee injury :lol:

Why do they make up these ridiculous lies? :doh:

Syn
20-04-2012, 02:14 PM
The Drogba Curse had already ended tbh.

It's shite like Kalou, Mikel and Ferreira we have to watch out for. All three will have their best games ever tomorrow.

And Gervinho will definitely start over Oxo.

Gervinho starting is obvious. But I think WUMger has got something up his sleeve.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if Diaby started this game instead of Ramsey.

Olivier's xmas twist
20-04-2012, 02:28 PM
Knee injury :lol:

Why do they make up these ridiculous lies? :doh:

Well they can't say were saving him for Barca and make it seem they feel thats a more imprtant game lol.

fakeyank
20-04-2012, 02:38 PM
Gervinho starting is obvious. But I think WUMger has got something up his sleeve.

I can see this shit happening. Mind you he might have a blinder in the first half and totally stink up the place in the second! Or he will just kill off one of our substitutions in the 8th minute because he pulled his balls!

Joker
20-04-2012, 04:26 PM
I really wouldn't start Gervinho in this. His form in the last few months has been very poor, he doesn't seem to be able to get past a defender anymore. Against Wigan he was trying the same trick which was so obvious to read that he was completely ineffective. Of course knowing WUMger he'll definitely start Gervinho, and when we need a goal will bring on Diaby and play him from the left.

Injury Time
20-04-2012, 04:30 PM

im callin double wum Diaby & Ramsay to start, hospital pass from ramsay ends up with Diaby in um hospita...l

Letters
20-04-2012, 04:50 PM
Meeting cazza and Adzz at the Pins after if anyone else is up for a celebration/post mortem

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
20-04-2012, 07:01 PM
we were on form last year when we beat barca. we all know what happened then

yeah we beat stoke 1-0 in the following premier league game

Ollie the Optimist
20-04-2012, 10:33 PM
£10 on tommy v to score first and us to win 3-1 at 150/1.

come on tommy and arsenal make my fucking day :dance:

failing that any win will do. i believe in you lads.

ARSENAL ARSENAL ARSENAL ARSENAL ARSENAL

Syn
20-04-2012, 11:04 PM
I wish we could see Vermaelen in midfield. And, no, it's not like the time we all thought Kolo would make a fantastic defensive midfielder because he runs around a lot. Vermaelen has footballing ability. Not on Luiz's level but good enough.

He'd basically be Fellaini and I reckon he'd be a 1 in 2 goalscorer.

Stick Sagna at CB, Coquelin at RB and Vermaelen ACM and see what happens.

Cripps_orig
21-04-2012, 01:39 AM
Arsenal v Chelsea (1245 BST)

I was at Stamford Bridge on Wednesday and I thought Chelsea did really well against Barcelona in the first leg of their Champions League semi-final.
A 1-0 win is a great result and it doesn't matter that at times they had all 11 men behind the ball to get it because, if you try to play football against Barca, they will kill you. If Jose Mourinho had been Chelsea manager for that game, people would be raving about their tactics.
The Blues hung on and it's a really good result, but I still think they will get absolutely hammered in the second leg at the Nou Camp.
Roberto di Matteo will have to rotate his team because of the week they have had, with the Barca game and last Sunday's FA Cup semi-final, and with the return in Spain on Tuesday to consider too.
It will be a balancing act for him but, at this stage of the season, that is what successful teams have to do.
Arsenal's defeat by Wigan on Monday was very strange - the Latics got their early goals, then sat back and soaked everything up and, through the likes of Victor Moses, they could even have stretched their lead.
It is in games like that one, and when they lost to QPR at the end of March, that you look at Arsenal and start to question them again.
In terms of the race for the top four, I think avoiding defeat will be the main aim for Arsene Wenger's men here, so I can see this game being a deadly dull one.
Looking at Arsenal's run-in, and also bearing in mind Chelsea's involvement in the cup and in Europe, I think their results in the league after this game will be better than Chelsea's, and that will ensure they finish above the Blues.
Prediction: 1-1

Lawro optimistic

Japan Shaking All Over
21-04-2012, 01:44 AM
Somebody mentioned Diaby starting ahead of Rosicky!

Can't have that....we need to drive forward for the win and not leave things to the last game or a situation were we are relying on other results

Could have done that against Wigan but we all know what happened there!!!

milla
21-04-2012, 09:09 AM
Diaby should start tbh, though Wumger would definitely start his latest pet project aka Rasmsey. Either one of Gerv or Oxo will start on left. At last, we will have pace on both side of the pitch. :coffee:

Japan Shaking All Over
21-04-2012, 09:12 AM
Yup looking forward to another of week of seeing Theo chase the ball through the advertising boards again!

Joker
21-04-2012, 09:30 AM
The thing with Walcott is, even in games where he looks terrible and technically the worst player on the pitch, he can score a goal out of the blue, like he did with the 2 against Tottenham. However, their defence was extremely open that day, and there was a lot of space in the second half after we went ahead 3-2. When teams play deep and keep their shape, he finds it very difficult to contribute anything positive. He can't make runs in behind a packed defence, and he doesn't have the creativity to contribute to the buildup either. Hopefully we can draw Chelsea out today so that he can be more effective.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
21-04-2012, 09:37 AM
woke up feeling quite optimistic

surely they'll be resting players for the champions league tie now they have a decent chance of beating barca? they wont be stupid enough to play their strongest team especially with the fixture congestion theyve had

come on gunners

Olivier's xmas twist
21-04-2012, 09:41 AM
The thing with Walcott is, even in games where he looks terrible and technically the worst player on the pitch, he can score a goal out of the blue, like he did with the 2 against Tottenham. However, their defence was extremely open that day, and there was a lot of space in the second half after we went ahead 3-2. When teams play deep and keep their shape, he finds it very difficult to contribute anything positive. He can't make runs in behind a packed defence, and he doesn't have the creativity to contribute to the buildup either. Hopefully we can draw Chelsea out today so that he can be more effective.

His pace should help us today, lets hope he has one of his better games tbh. I just hope Theo don't flop at the Euro's and his confidence suffers even more.

Dennis Bendtner
21-04-2012, 09:41 AM
woke up feeling quite optimistic

surely they'll be resting players for the champions league tie now they have a decent chance of beating barca? they wont be stupid enough to play their strongest team especially with the fixture congestion theyve had

come on gunners

Certain players, we don't like not to play.

Syn
21-04-2012, 09:43 AM
woke up feeling pessimistic.

Can we hack it on a cold, rainy day in North London? I'm just not so sure.

It's going to be a draw, isn't it?

It's all going wrong tbf. Wheels are loose. FFS.

If anyone finds my testicles, PM them to me. Cheers.

Olivier's xmas twist
21-04-2012, 09:47 AM

If anyone finds my testicles, PM them to me. Cheers.

Go Hard or Go Home.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
21-04-2012, 09:48 AM
Certain players, we don't like not to play.

didiers the main one. hope big man at the back sits it out as well. hopefully play bosingwa and gervinho can murder him.

KSE Comedy Club
21-04-2012, 09:50 AM

If anyone finds my testicles, PM them to me. Cheers.is your mangina leaking red today?

McNamara That Ghost...
21-04-2012, 09:52 AM
:sick:

Cripps_orig
21-04-2012, 09:53 AM
Leaving soon.

Havent lost a game ive been to this season

Can see that ending today

KSE Comedy Club
21-04-2012, 10:06 AM
Leaving soon.

Can see that ending today:bow:

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
21-04-2012, 10:12 AM
Leaving soon.

Can see that ending today

complete opposite to me, we haven't won a game ive been to this season.

Olivier's xmas twist
21-04-2012, 10:28 AM
is your mangina leaking red today?

Least we know who does not wear the trousers.

Have fun Achibold.

Olivier's xmas twist
21-04-2012, 10:29 AM
complete opposite to me, we haven't won a game ive been to this season.

Maybe thats the problem.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
21-04-2012, 10:35 AM
Maybe im the problem.

couldnt agree more

McNamara That Ghost...
21-04-2012, 10:47 AM
Sky's programme starts in ten minutes.

Syn
21-04-2012, 10:50 AM
Oxlade starts.

Arsenal: Szczesny, Sagna, Vermaelen, Koscielny, Gibbs, Song, Ramsey, Rosicky, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Walcott, Van Persie.

Substitutes: Fabianski, Djourou, Santos, Diaby, Coquelin, Gervinho, Chamakh.

McNamara That Ghost...
21-04-2012, 10:51 AM
What's WUMger up to?

Olivier's xmas twist
21-04-2012, 10:51 AM
Oxlade starts.

Arsenal: Szczesny, Sagna, Vermaelen, Koscielny, Gibbs, Song, Ramsey, Rosicky, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Walcott, Van Persie.

Finally Ox starts woop woop

Olivier's xmas twist
21-04-2012, 10:52 AM
What's WUMger up to?

why, seems a decent team to me. well ecxcept rambo lol.

Syn
21-04-2012, 10:53 AM
Chelsea: Cech, Bosingwa, Cahill, Terry, Bertrand, Essien, Romeu, Malouda, Kalou, Sturridge, Torres.

Substitutes: Turnbull, Ferreira, Cole, Lampard, Mikel, Mata, Meireles.

:popcorn:

If we play our cards right, we could probably get one of them sent off early.

Dennis Bendtner
21-04-2012, 10:53 AM
Cashley, Mata, Fat Frank and Drogba are not in their team.

Olivier's xmas twist
21-04-2012, 10:54 AM
Chelsea: Cech, Bosingwa, Cahill, Terry, Bertrand, Essien, Romeu, Malouda, Kalou, Sturridge, Torres.

Substitutes: Turnbull, Ferreira, Cole, Lampard, Mikel, Mata, Meireles.

:popcorn:

Who the feck.

Coney
21-04-2012, 10:58 AM
Glad our nemesis Drogba is not even on the bench.

McNamara That Ghost...
21-04-2012, 10:59 AM
why, seems a decent team to me. well ecxcept rambo lol.

I just imagine Oxo will play the first five minutes before being subbed for Gervinho.

McNamara That Ghost...
21-04-2012, 10:59 AM
Cashley, Mata, Fat Frank and Drogba are not in their team.

Big Man has to select himself though. :lol:

Xhaka Can’t
21-04-2012, 11:03 AM
Oxlade starts.

Better hope the starting 11 are up for this because there is no one on the bench capable of making an impact other than Chamakh, and his is not the impact we are likely to be looking for.

McNamara That Ghost...
21-04-2012, 11:03 AM
Jamie Redknapp and Ruud Gullit are in the studio.

milla
21-04-2012, 11:04 AM
Big Man has to select himself though. :lol:

Of course of course. :coffee:

KSE Comedy Club
21-04-2012, 11:04 AM
I can see us winning this comfortably.

KSE Comedy Club
21-04-2012, 11:06 AM
Better hope the starting 11 are up for this because there is no one on the bench capable of making an impact other than Chamakh, and his is not the impact we are likely to be looking for.Rubbish.

We have diaby on the bench. He's like a black messi on his day.

No, no I can't hold it in! :haha:

Olivier's xmas twist
21-04-2012, 11:08 AM
I just imagine Oxo will play the first five minutes before being subbed for Gervinho.

Ah i see lol.

Olivier's xmas twist
21-04-2012, 11:09 AM
Better hope the starting 11 are up for this because there is no one on the bench capable of making an impact other than Chamakh, and his is not the impact we are likely to be looking for.

:gp:

Ollie the Optimist
21-04-2012, 11:12 AM
no judas **** today then i see

Dennis Bendtner
21-04-2012, 11:12 AM

Dunno about that.

http://football-talk.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/diaby-terry-facup.jpg

Ollie the Optimist
21-04-2012, 11:15 AM
Diaby kicking out racism in football

Diaby :bow:

Shaqiri Is Boss
21-04-2012, 11:17 AM
Nah, Torres starts :good:

Syn
21-04-2012, 11:18 AM
Both flanks are rapid. Gibbs, Oxlade on one - Sagna, Theo on the other. No need for Song and Ramsey to keep going for the hollywood balls, just knock it out wide and get back to cover.

Dennis Bendtner
21-04-2012, 11:19 AM

He has been PWNZRD by Walcott on a few recent occasions. Not seen much of Bertrand. Hope he's crap.

Olivier's xmas twist
21-04-2012, 11:23 AM
Merse :Bow:

Olivier's xmas twist
21-04-2012, 11:24 AM
Diaby kicking out racism in football

Diaby :bow:

Olivier's xmas twist
21-04-2012, 11:29 AM
Now their showing RVP not shaking Cadwells hand.

Merts not happy and says RVP is like the PFA results are in because if people saw that no way he'd win it.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
21-04-2012, 11:31 AM
ox vs bosingwa? theo vs bertrand? that should be easy. at least we know where we're focusing our attack. theo should be able to get in behind quite easily.

big game for ramsey, time to shut his critics up.

would have started santos instead of gibbs, prefer his experience. he's also quite built so wont be pushed off the ball easily and in games like these you need some strength as it can get quite physical/intimidating.

come on you gunners

milla
21-04-2012, 11:32 AM
The old boys gonna do what they do best, park the bus. :coffee:

Newguy
21-04-2012, 11:33 AM
Let's hope Ramsey realises how crap he's been and steps up today

Joker
21-04-2012, 11:35 AM
Now their showing RVP not shaking Cadwells hand.

Merts not happy and says RVP is like the PFA results are in because if people saw that no way he'd win it.

I doubt he'd be saying the same if Suarez or Terry were going to win the award. Some people need to get a sense of perspective.

milla
21-04-2012, 11:35 AM
Let's hope Ramsey realises how crap he's been and steps up today

Rambo knows he is crap and there is nothing he could do about it :lol:

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
21-04-2012, 11:41 AM
bertrand, bosingwa, kalou, malouda, out of form torres, inexperienced cahill, half fit romeu.

surely we can beat that?

Xhaka Can’t
21-04-2012, 11:43 AM
bertrand, bosingwa, kalou, malouda, out of form torres, inexperienced cahill, half fit romeu.

surely we can beat that?

Well, you'd think that.

Xhaka Can’t
21-04-2012, 11:44 AM

Hope I don't regret posting this.

fakeyank
21-04-2012, 11:48 AM
I have a feeling Ramsey is going to have a blinder

Dennis Bendtner
21-04-2012, 11:48 AM
Alan Parry nooooooooooo

McNamara That Ghost...
21-04-2012, 11:53 AM
Rosicky shoots, Cech fumbles a bit but no risk of somebody running in on to it.

Master Splinter
From the Arseblog liveblog:

Boos for Terry when he has it. This is because Terry is a massive ****bastard

:haha:

KSE Comedy Club
It's so good having kos back.

McNamara That Ghost...
21-04-2012, 11:54 AM
Kalou was in, never really had it under control and just falls over.

KSE Comedy Club
21-04-2012, 11:54 AM
Kalou going for the dive.

KSE Comedy Club
21-04-2012, 11:55 AM
Shit cross there

McNamara That Ghost...
21-04-2012, 11:57 AM
I guess that counts as a shot on target by Cech. :lol:

Olivier's xmas twist
21-04-2012, 11:58 AM
We need to get into gear tbh.

McNamara That Ghost...
21-04-2012, 12:00 PM
Essien. :lol:

What a statue he has become.

Olivier's xmas twist
21-04-2012, 12:00 PM
FK to us in a dangerous area.

Japan Shaking All Over
21-04-2012, 12:01 PM
Robin. . .

KSE Comedy Club
Rvp close

McNamara That Ghost...
What a chance for RVP.

Master Splinter
RVP :doh:.

Olivier's xmas twist
Close from RVP. good FK by Theo.

Syn
FFS Van Persie.

Sell him.

Japan Shaking All Over
21-04-2012, 12:03 PM
Robin. . .

TV5 right behind. . .could hear Ollie from here screaming for RvP to get out the fffing way

KSE Comedy Club
21-04-2012, 12:04 PM
Shit corner

Japan Shaking All Over
Ni challenge on Cech? ? ?

Olivier's xmas twist
TV5 right behind. . .could hear Ollie from here screaming for RvP to get out the fffing way

Nah that was Ach at the game tbh.

McNamara That Ghost...
21-04-2012, 12:05 PM
Bosingwa shoots, easy enough for Sznhgnanany.

KSE Comedy Club
21-04-2012, 12:05 PM
Chelsea are there for the taking, someone just needs to fucking man up and take the game by the scruff of terrys balls.

KSE Comedy Club
21-04-2012, 12:06 PM
Fuck sake rvp.

McNamara That Ghost...
21-04-2012, 12:06 PM
RVP mimicked Sanchez, offside though, thankfully.

Syn
21-04-2012, 12:07 PM
Chelsea are there for the taking, someone just needs to fucking man up and take the game by the scruff of terrys balls.

Yeah that's Oxlade...if they give him the fucking ball.

McNamara That Ghost...
21-04-2012, 12:07 PM
Big Man wiped out by Vermaelen. :lol:

Master Splinter
21-04-2012, 12:08 PM
Vermaelen :bow:.

Olivier's xmas twist
Big man down , TV5 knocks him in the back.

Syn
Brilliant from Vermaelen :lol:

KSE Comedy Club
This doesn't look like a game in a professional league. We look so fucking nervous it's unreal.

Japan Shaking All Over
21-04-2012, 12:10 PM
Nah that was Ach at the game tbh.

Ollie has a tenner on TV5 to score first 150-1!

KSE Comedy Club
Kos :bow:

McNamara That Ghost...
Well defended by Koscielny.

Syn
Fantastic positioning from koscielny.

Master Splinter
21-04-2012, 12:11 PM
Cahill :haha:.

McNamara That Ghost...
Cahill shoots, goes to Torres, he shoots, deflects to Cahill, he shoots over. :lol:

Olivier's xmas twist
This doesn't look like a game in a professional league. We look so fucking nervous it's unreal.

Well its deffo not like the reverse fixture thats for sure.

Olivier's xmas twist
21-04-2012, 12:12 PM
Ollie has a tenner on TV5 to score first 150-1!

KSE Comedy Club
Wtf are we doing?!?

Newguy
We've been shocking

McNamara That Ghost...
21-04-2012, 12:13 PM
Ramsey you berk.

KSE Comedy Club
Fucking Ramsey you ****

Master Splinter
Ramsey inviting boos.

McNamara That Ghost...
21-04-2012, 12:14 PM
Koscielny saves us again, even if he made the initial error.

Olivier's xmas twist
sjsdndjlkdd wtf

Power n Glory
Ramsey has no awareness to be playing in the middle.

Newguy
Get Ramsey off wenger please

Japan Shaking All Over
Ramsey needs to locked in a room with Joker and forced to listen to his views on whats wrong with the club :ninja:

McNamara That Ghost...
Clearly should be a Chelsea corner. :lol:

McNamara That Ghost...
21-04-2012, 12:15 PM
Clash of heads between Malouda and Sagna.

Xhaka Can’t
21-04-2012, 12:15 PM
This is an incredibly poor quality match.

We look nervous and almost to a man, lack any composure whatsoever.

Olivier's xmas twist
21-04-2012, 12:16 PM
I have a feeling Ramsey is going to have a blinder

:rose:

Xhaka Can’t
Get Ramsey off wenger please

:haha:

KSE Comedy Club
How arteta is missed.

McNamara That Ghost...
Ramsey. :haha:

Syn
21-04-2012, 12:17 PM
The fuck are you doing Rosicky.

McNamara That Ghost...
Rosicky booked.

McNamara That Ghost...
Did I just see an advert saying 'most passes wins'?

Power n Glory
21-04-2012, 12:18 PM
Ramsey is falling in pieces.

Xhaka Can’t
21-04-2012, 12:21 PM
Ramsey has - or at least should have no furure at this Club.

Olivier's xmas twist
21-04-2012, 12:22 PM
How arteta is missed.

No true words have ever been spoken tbh.

Newguy
21-04-2012, 12:23 PM
We need to play with that tempo

Olivier's xmas twist
21-04-2012, 12:25 PM
Id take a point now tbh.

fakeyank
21-04-2012, 12:26 PM
Boring game so far..

Japan Shaking All Over
21-04-2012, 12:27 PM
Ball all over the shop with Theo on the ball

Japan Shaking All Over
21-04-2012, 12:28 PM
Little more positive

Japan Shaking All Over
21-04-2012, 12:29 PM
Shit

McNamara That Ghost...
Koscielny heads on to the bar!

Master Splinter

Olivier's xmas twist
Kos so close

McNamara That Ghost...
Ramsey. :rolleyes:

McNamara That Ghost...
21-04-2012, 12:30 PM
Big Man clears one for us.

Newguy
21-04-2012, 12:30 PM
Ramsey shouldn't come out in the second half

McNamara That Ghost...
21-04-2012, 12:31 PM
RVP shoots, straight at Cech.

Master Splinter
21-04-2012, 12:31 PM
Cech saves from RVP.

Newguy
21-04-2012, 12:32 PM
need.to change the midfield

Olivier's xmas twist
Much better from us.

McNamara That Ghost...
Two added minutes. Cruel.

cricketsi
21-04-2012, 12:33 PM
Wasted half an hour trying to find an audio stream that would work in NZ and be allowed by the web filter at work before realising I could listen on Arsenal Player. Arsenal.com :bow:

McNamara That Ghost...
21-04-2012, 12:33 PM
Oxocube should've just taken that on.

Japan Shaking All Over
21-04-2012, 12:34 PM
Good pass Theo, unlucky there. . .see I can give him credit

fakeyank
21-04-2012, 12:34 PM
Did I just see an advert saying 'most passes wins'?

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/10/27/article-1324328-0BCC3163000005DC-996_634x420.jpg

McNamara That Ghost...
21-04-2012, 12:35 PM
0-0 HT. Utter shite.

In true pub style our main threat has come from setpieces.

Master Splinter
21-04-2012, 12:36 PM
Well we played well for the last four minutes.

milla
21-04-2012, 12:36 PM
Ramsey, what a player :coffee:

Dennis Bendtner
21-04-2012, 12:37 PM
That was a fascinating and intriguing half of football /sky

Niall_Quinn
Bit dull really. Chavs here to defend. Everything too slow from us. Ramsey killing us in the middle. Standout performance is from Mike Dean and his linesmen, for whatever reason they have decided to be impartial so far today. Very odd but welcome.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
alright half.

had the better chances, should be 2-0 up. worrying thing is rvp looks knackered and we lack a bit of creativity in the final 3rd yet we have noone on the bench to ignite something.

their tactics clearly are to get as close to ox as possible and stop him turning/running with the ball, he's been marked by 2 players everytime he's got the ball.

theo taking free kicks? must be a training ground routine.

if we nick a first goal they'll be all out attack and we can get some more. this game calls out for a cesc/jack to play that killer ball.