PDA

View Full Version : The European championships and Olympic erm "finals"?

Flavs
23-04-2012, 02:19 PM
So...are we having a forum for each of the above? Seems to be very close now and nothing is moving or shaking?

A Euro one for each group and Olympic sections for track, field and "other"

Letters
23-04-2012, 02:25 PM
When the season has ended I'll create an Olympic forum. Could create one for the Euros too I guess. Tbh I'm struggling to work up any enthusiasm for them but if y'all want one. Do we need a sub-section for each group like we've done in the past or, given the number of posters these days, will one section suffice?

Syn
23-04-2012, 02:25 PM
There don't seem to be many posters about these days. Not sure how many posts the Olympics will attract.

We'll all be interested in the Euros but do many care about the Olympics? I think it'll be nice to have a buzz around London but apart from the men's 100m/200m's, I'm not that bothered.

Letters
23-04-2012, 02:33 PM
I'll create a section and see what happens :shrug:
Not going to go nuts and create sub-sections for all the different sports as that would be a waste of time.

LDG
23-04-2012, 02:33 PM
Olympic forum surely!!

Erm.

Nah....we just need one thread for the Olympics I reckon. :shrug:

Flavs
23-04-2012, 02:37 PM
I thought all you southern types were well up for the Olympics?

Japan Shaking All Over
23-04-2012, 02:40 PM
One thread for Olympics. . .plenty to cheer about! Hope GB kick arse at cycling again. . .not that I know much about it!

Problem for me is the coverage, over hear unless Japan are in it with a chance it dont get shown.

LDG
23-04-2012, 02:49 PM

Me? No chance.

I'll watch some of it on the tele. Mainly the Velodrome stuff, and the athletics I guess. Not that fussed about the rest of it.

Certainly won't be going any where near London.

Cripps_orig
23-04-2012, 02:52 PM
Do what we did for the 2008 Olympics

Do what we usually do for the football tournaments

Both worked well

Olivier's xmas twist
23-04-2012, 02:57 PM

Ill be in Spain on the 1st week of it.

Do we really need sub forums just a waste of time and space.

One thread for each should be ok.

Letters
23-04-2012, 03:10 PM
I am. Not because I'm southern, just because I've always loved the Olympics. :shrug:
I don't understand this northern jealousy thing.

McNamara That Ghost...
23-04-2012, 03:17 PM
We could have an Olympic sub-form in Other Sports. I'd like to see the flags for the Euros back again though. :bow:

And Floaty. :bow:

LDG
23-04-2012, 03:18 PM
Floaty :bow:

I miss him :rose:

Joker
23-04-2012, 03:18 PM
I am. Not because I'm southern, just because I've always loved the Olympics. :shrug:

They think we're all prawn sandwich munching bourgeois softies.

WMUG
28-04-2012, 11:22 AM
Everyone misses floaty :(

Xhaka Can’t
28-04-2012, 11:33 AM
Setting up the forums is pretty easy - heck I even managed to amend some and set up the widely acclaimed 'Buy and Sell' section.

The only thing is, if you set up a lot of sub forums with the level of traffic we have, it makes the place look even less busy than it is. One section for the Euros and one for the the big corporate jolly in London should suffice.

Flavs
16-05-2012, 07:55 AM

No me either, I mean yes so we are better than you in every way but you don't need to be envious of us.

McNamara That Ghost...
12-07-2012, 08:10 PM
I've hidden the Euro section now. Also I have moved both the International friendlies and Arsenal players on internationals threads back to their homes.