PDA

View Full Version : Chris Hoy

Syn
28-04-2012, 09:50 PM
Worst referee around? Diaby punished for showing some good control.

If not, who is?

And why are we getting raped by referees?

"But it evens itself out..."

Well, no, it fucking well hasn't - I'll tell you that for free.

#hoynotfoy

Cripps_orig
28-04-2012, 09:51 PM
Howard Webb

GP
28-04-2012, 09:52 PM
Worst referee around? Diaby punished for showing some good control.

If not, who is?

And why are we getting raped by referees?

"But it evens itself out..."

Well, no, it fucking well hasn't - I'll tell you that for free.

#hoynotfoy

There isn't a good one among them, so I'll give you two choices.

They are all massively shit.

or

They are all massively corrupt.

Which is more likely?

Marc Overmars
28-04-2012, 09:53 PM
General standard of refereeing is shocking.

We don't have many big names anymore who can influence them in our favour. Shame.

Olivier's xmas twist
28-04-2012, 09:54 PM
Mike Dean is much worse then Webb, But Hoy is a **** they should of had a player sent off and us a pen which he knew they were and denied them.

The man is a tit.

Cripps_orig
28-04-2012, 09:56 PM
Lee Mason is awful as well

Would be harder to name the best ref

Dennis Bendtner
28-04-2012, 09:59 PM
Jasper Carrott and Phil Dowd are the most dread-worthy ones. Other than that, just hit and miss. At least Sir Chris fucked Spurs over as well this season.

Having said that, that was at Stoke as well.

I smell conspiracy

Olivier's xmas twist
28-04-2012, 10:04 PM
There isn't a good one among them, so I'll give you two choices.

They are all massively shit.

or

They are all massively corrupt.

Which is more likely?

This, there all as shite as each other or they all support UTD and none seem to get in trouble when they make a mistake just a pat on the back.

-Xs-
28-04-2012, 10:07 PM
I think it's crazy that teams know who the ref is a week or so in advance of the match occurring. Should be decided on day

Gubby Allen
28-04-2012, 11:21 PM
This ****ing cyclist & Phil Dowd are the worst two. Webb is ok in non Man Utd matches. There is one other shit one - might be Kevin Friend?

Mike Dean & Clattenburg at one time were the best there were but have gone downhill.

Atkinson & Halsey aren't shit which is the best compliment you can pay. Tbf there are some truly awful ones in the Champions League too.

The fact Peter Walton was born in the 1950's probably gives an indication of where some of the problems lie.

Kano
29-04-2012, 12:14 AM
statistically we get more penalties than anyone else, so its not all bad

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
29-04-2012, 12:24 AM
we aren't winning another premier league title for the next decade and its not because of wenger.

its because of the refs and fa.

with manchester city suddenly coming into the frame, sky will be licking their lips at a potential 'manchester rivalry' every year for the premier league trophy. selling the manchester rivalry will bring them unpredecented amount of £££ over the next few years through marketing and sponsorships, so they'll try every trick in the book to keep the league title between those 2 clubs and milk off the rivalry.

the fa are fully aware of this and will be paying refs off, left right and centre, to make sure the title stays up in manchester so the status quo continue making money.

and it seems its already started this season

Niall_Quinn
29-04-2012, 02:48 AM
Question is, what's in place to stop the football authorities and their employees being corrupt? Look at UEFA, FIFA, the Olympic Committee, all corrupt as fuck. Everyone knows it, some even gather the evidence and present it. It has no effect at all. So instead of assuming the FA and their referees are honest, ask the question. What's to stop them being as corrupt as the other authorities in the game? Not saying they are (well I am actually but you know what I mean), all I'm asking is why do we so quickly assume they are not?

That dive in the last few minutes by that stoke **** today was particularly telling. The player made no attempt to even disguise the dive. He just flopped on the deck and Foy blew his whistle. It seemed like a message to Wenger, sort of make it as ridiculous as possible and do it right under his nose to show that nothing can be done about it. I mean these guys make the rules and they regulate themselves. That's the prefect recipe for corruption, it doesn't get any better than that if you want to play it dodgy. Shady agents, individuals like Harry Redknapp, big money going down on betting, 650 million set to tune in and watch the match on Monday, billions flowing all over the place, Russian gangsters, thieving Arabs, crooks in Glasgow, wide boys in London.

Don't ask what the chance of corruption is, ask how slim the possibility the game is honest.

Xhaka Can’t
29-04-2012, 08:30 AM

Have we had a penalty at home this season?

Olivier's xmas twist
29-04-2012, 09:29 AM

Yeah we get them but their not given but these woeful refs.

McNamara That Ghost...
29-04-2012, 11:28 AM
Neither is this. Moved.

Xhaka Can’t
29-04-2012, 11:40 AM
Neither is this. Moved.

You're so forceful.

McNamara That Ghost...
29-04-2012, 11:49 AM
:lol:

I'd like to see more activity in this section of the forum really.

hobson's choice
29-04-2012, 12:44 PM
What are exactly are we whining about again, other than the handball slightly outside, and the dive by Whitehead which really was just nothing, what did he do wrong?

hobson's choice
29-04-2012, 12:46 PM
Mike Dean is much worse then Webb, But Hoy is a **** they should of had a player sent off and us a pen which he knew they were and denied them.

That wasn't a pen at all, Jesus stop it, this victim mentally really needs to leave this club

Syn
29-04-2012, 12:53 PM
What are exactly are we whining about again, other than the handball slightly outside, and the dive by Whitehead which really was just nothing, what did he do wrong?

Giving fouls for controlling the ball, and giving them pretty much every 50/50 call. Song's booking - there were far too many calls against us. It was garbage refereeing.

Joker
29-04-2012, 12:57 PM
Didn't do too much wrong IMO. He booked Whitehead early and that probably prevented Stoke from going in harder in the tackles. He got the penalty right, there was very little contact. He lost it a bit at the end when he bought Whitehead's dive (and should have given us a freekick for the handball by Shawcross and should not have penalised Diaby for a high foot) but apart from those calls he was alright.

Kano
29-04-2012, 01:14 PM
Have we had a penalty at home this season?

don't think so but not sure off top of my head. utd are always accused of getting more than us yet over the years we've had more awarded

Olivier's xmas twist
29-04-2012, 01:15 PM
That wasn't a pen at all, Jesus stop it, this victim mentally really needs to leave this club

We had a few clear pen shouts in that game lets be real. this thread is about shite refs in the league not just yesterday's one.

Syn
29-04-2012, 01:41 PM
don't think so but not sure off top of my head. utd are always accused of getting more than us yet over the years we've had more awarded We haven't had anywhere near the no. of pens we should've had this year. Looking at aggregate numbers is a bit stupid in any case.

Marc Overmars
29-04-2012, 01:44 PM
It's not about what we do get, it's about what we should have got. If that makes sense.

Kano
29-04-2012, 01:45 PM
We haven't had anywhere near the no. of pens we should've had this year. Looking at aggregate numbers is a bit stupid in any case.

as every other team would shout too. people need to stop whinging about refs. theres no bias against us. i'm sure there was nowhere near this level of crying when we were winning things. man up ffs

Syn
29-04-2012, 02:05 PM
as every other team would shout too. people need to stop whinging about refs. theres no bias against us. i'm sure there was nowhere near this level of crying when we were winning things. man up ffs I'm not interested in what other teams' fans think. I know what I'm seeing and it's obvious we haven't got near our fair share of decisions this season. Is that the reason we don't pick up more points? It might be one of the factors. But there are obviously factors that we cam control that we should improve on. E.g. Van Persie and Benayoun missed 3 good chances between them and had they tucked one away, we mightve won. But this childish view that you can't talk about poor refereeing is pathetic. Of course you'll revert to that after your logic has proven to be shit. So do one.

Kano
29-04-2012, 02:58 PM
But this childish view that you can't talk about poor refereeing is pathetic.
ah that old internet fav. "this is a forum" etc etc. that's the mature i argument i see. keep crying into your kleenex

Joker
29-04-2012, 03:01 PM
I can't remember too many awful refereeing decisions against us this season tbh.

Syn
29-04-2012, 03:03 PM
ah that old internet fav. "this is a forum" etc etc. that's the mature i argument i see. keep crying into your kleenex Well, yeah, it is a forum. Why can't you talk about poor refereeing? And, of course, highlighting it means I'm 'crying'. Well done. Maybe you should return to reasoning more on your intellectual level. "you're a man city fan! Lolzz!". Muppet.

Marc Overmars
29-04-2012, 03:05 PM
Big clash here between 2 posters who have never crossed paths. :popcorn:

Kano
29-04-2012, 03:09 PM
Well, yeah, it is a forum. Why can't you talk about poor refereeing? And, of course, highlighting it means I'm 'crying'. Well done. Maybe you should return to reasoning more on your intellectual level. "you're a man city fan! Lolzz!". Muppet.
intellectual on internet football forum?

yes you are cwying cos the horrible man didnt give us our penalties

pat on the back for the knobhead here

McNamara That Ghost...
29-04-2012, 03:17 PM
I can't remember too many awful refereeing decisions against us this season tbh.

Or in general. SuperHutton in goal yesterday. :bow:

Niall_Quinn
29-04-2012, 03:20 PM
Agree with Syn here 100%

If you can't see the pattern in the shit standard of refereeing then you are deliberately ignoring it, because it's blatant and right under your nose. Anyone who thinks that Whitehead dive and the resulting free kick wasn't sinister needs to look again. I'm not saying Whitehead did anything beyond the standard type of cheating we see week in, week out. Of course cheating in itself is a form of corruption, but that's not the complaint. The fact Foy gave the free kick is what's notable. That was a message to Wenger, shut up, sit down, if I want to cheat I'll do it right in your face and there's nothing you can do about it - not a damn thing. For Foy to be so confident to cheat in this manner is an indication of how much backing these incompetent and corrupt wreckers get from the FA.

There has also been a sustained campaign of denying us penalties. This is in contrast to a sustained campaign of awarding Utd penalties for the slightest of incidents. I mean you can see that right? And you can see the effect it has had on the table. We should have had 10-12 more penalties than have been awarded, in just the last few months alone. Clear penalties, 100% certainties, denied. They get given against us quick enough though. Same infringement, the exact opposite outcome. Then you watch the pathetic Ashley Young in action, or the ridiculous Gareth Bale. If these things evened out as suggested you could say it was simply bad refereeing. But they don't even out. Far from it. The "mistakes" are consistent and always flow in the same direction.

But it's not the just the big decisions. For years the refs have been booking our players for sneezing, thereby penalising the competitive edge to our game. Then the media chimes in and calls us weaklings who "don't like it up 'em". Hard to be a tough guy with your hands tied. Yet the opposition is allowed to kick us all over the pitch. Sure, yesterday Stoke had one player booked early. But you know that player is not going to be booked again unless he does something crazy. Whereas our lads are on eggshells for 90 minutes because every mistimed tackle, every little incident goes into the book. We often end up being awarded as many or more yellows than an opposition that has kicked lumps out of us. Or time wasted the game to death. Or kicked the ball away - remember that outrageous bit of cheating that saw RvP sent off against Barca? That's just plain undeniable cheating designed to influence the outcome of a football match.

Does this cheating and corruption cost us? Yes, in fact there are studies to show this. Has it cost us titles and trophies? Doubtful because we're outrageous bottlers. But that shouldn't be used to excuse corruption.

These are not excuses. They are observations of what lies in plain sight. And smaller clubs than Arsenal might complain about us and say we get the breaks against them. That can be true too. There's clearly a pecking order, probably based on revenues, gambling, general prestige. Is it organised? Not officially maybe, it's a peer driven thing I suspect. All the commentators and pundits and writers and talking heads together with the authorities driving this mega millions industry with hype and bullshit. The corruption has become institutionalised and is viewed as normal, standard, a part of the game. And the fans seem to buy it in the main. They do the "evens itself out" thing and keep on harping it even when the facts show the opposite. It's part and parcel of the game and I would think the main reason why technology is so fiercely resisted.

Or it's just highly incompetent refs who are influencing the outcome by mistake in a billion dollar industry. Just like other industries that allow incompetents to call the shots. Believe that if you want but it's a bit silly.

Niall_Quinn
29-04-2012, 03:22 PM

That's because your team has a ton of money and that buys a lot of influence.

Niall_Quinn
29-04-2012, 03:24 PM
as every other team would shout too. people need to stop whinging about refs. theres no bias against us. i'm sure there was nowhere near this level of crying when we were winning things. man up ffs

Not sure I'd call it "crying", but the number of red cards we picked up in comparison to the number of reds our opposition didn't was absolutely scandalous.

Niall_Quinn
29-04-2012, 03:24 PM
Big clash here between 2 posters who have never crossed paths. :popcorn:

Fuck off, or come and have a go if you think you're hard enough. Come on then! COME ON!!!!

Olivier's xmas twist
29-04-2012, 03:30 PM
That's because your team has a ton of money and that buys a lot of influence.

:haha: City fans moaning there's a shocker.

Olivier's xmas twist
29-04-2012, 04:04 PM
ah that old internet fav. "this is a forum" etc etc. that's the mature i argument i see. keep crying into your kleenex

But what is wrong about talking about how woeful the refs have been If you don't like it just don'y join in.

Are we not allowed freedom of speech on here?

Xhaka Can’t
29-04-2012, 05:38 PM

I can remember plenty - I also recall some going our way, but without question the balance has not been in our favour. It wasn't last season either, evidenced by someone posting the league table demonstrating where we would have finished had we not been fucked over by refs.

WMUG
29-04-2012, 06:44 PM
Some examples of the denied penalties and red cards that should/shouldn't have been would be nice. Not saying they don't exist, I just can't remember any specific ones off the top of my head.

hobson's choice
30-04-2012, 12:12 AM
We had a few clear pen shouts in that game lets be real.

No we didn't

Gubby Allen
30-04-2012, 06:24 AM
The season before last I genuinely believed there was a real conspiracy against us. We were easily a dozen points down due to decisions, the Newcastle 4-4 being a prime example.
Last season & this I have seen little to suggest that's the case though. Nor do we need decisions to throw games away. Whitehead should've gone Saturday but that was the 93rd minute.