PDA

View Full Version : Barton Banned For 12 Games

Shaqiri Is Boss
23-05-2012, 05:47 PM
An independent Regulatory Commission has today [Wednesday 23 May 2012] dealt with two charges of violent conduct against Joey Barton, arising from the game against Manchester City, resulting in an eight-match suspension and £75,000 fine for the Queens Park Rangers midfielder.

This eight-match suspension is to run consecutively to the four-game suspension Barton was already given for his dismissal in the fixture, making a total of 12 matches.

Barton was charged by The FA with two counts of violent conduct in relation to the Queens Park Rangers game against Manchester City at the Etihad Stadium on Sunday 13 May 2012.

Following Barton’s dismissal in the 54th minute of the match, there followed two incidents involving Manchester City’s Sergio Aguero and Vincent Kompany. As Barton had already been dismissed, both of these incidents fell outside the jurisdiction of the referee.

Barton accepted the charge of violent conduct against Aguero but denied the second breach of violent conduct against Kompany. The independent Regulatory Commission, however, found this second charge proved.

Barton is already serving a four-match suspension for his dismissal in the match, which consists of three matches for violent conduct plus one match as this was the player’s second dismissal of the season. The two further breaches for violent conduct ordered he be suspended for eight matches to run consecutively to the four matches, taking the total suspension to 12 matches.

The Chairman of the Regulatory Commission stated after the hearing: “There are rules of conduct that should be adhered to, and such behaviour tarnishes the image of football in this country, particularly as this match was the pinnacle of the domestic season and watched by millions around the globe.”

:pal:

Not enough, really.

Marc Overmars
23-05-2012, 05:53 PM
Oh dear. :lol:

What a wankstain.

McNamara That Ghost...
23-05-2012, 06:01 PM
:haha:

Waste of time QPR keeping him really.

Shaqiri Is Boss
23-05-2012, 06:17 PM
Coincidentally, the odds of him joining Stoke have just plummeted.

Pulis would probably give him a raise.

Rors
23-05-2012, 06:39 PM
Good.

McNamara That Ghost...
23-05-2012, 06:47 PM
Danny Mills, BBC Radio 5 live BARTON BAN

Danny Mills continues on BBC Radio 5 live: "Without a shadow of a doubt this has something to do with previous and because it is Joey Barton. Yes he deserved to get sent off and the incident with Aguero he deserved a ban for that, but an extra four games on top of that?

"Joey will take his punishment. He has had his problems and bounced back. One to one he's a decent guy, but he's lost his head.

"It's a couple of years since he was at Newcastle and he had problems with Alan Shearer as manager. When you have demons it is difficult to change things overnight. It is almost like an alcoholic. You're only one drink from falling off the wagon.

:lol:

What rubbish.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
23-05-2012, 09:10 PM
should have got put in jail for a year. he's already stubbed a fag out in a teammates eye, punched a guy outside mcdonalds, and had plenty of other on field ABH/GBH incidents. if this was any normal human without a footballers wage then they'd be put in prison and given 12 months behind bars. the fact that this **** still gets to play football and will probably be signed by a promoted team sends completely the wrong message out to our kids; be a twat and you can still be a success. they banned rio for 9 months for missing a drugs test, with no evidence of drugs in his body, but ban mr barton for 3 months for assault and indirect battery.

well done FA, well done guys :good:

fari
23-05-2012, 09:23 PM
great news!

Kano
23-05-2012, 10:02 PM

What rubbish.
i think the last two sentences of that make complete sense but when it affects other people then any sympathy or understanding has to be in very short measure.

Syn
24-05-2012, 11:32 AM
I blame the parents tbh.

Cripps_orig
24-05-2012, 11:34 AM
And what did Tevez get for his Lex Lugeresque forearm smash which started it all?

Coney
24-05-2012, 11:49 AM
And what did Tevez get for his Lex Lugeresque forearm smash which started it all?

6 months holiday in South America, I think? :unsure:

Niall_Quinn
24-05-2012, 11:49 AM

Mancini sucked his cock I think.

Coney
24-05-2012, 11:51 AM
I blame the parents tbh.

Quite right. If they hadn't shagged, we would have one **** fewer on the planet. :good:

Syn
24-05-2012, 11:52 AM
I blame the grandparents tbh.

McNamara That Ghost...
24-05-2012, 11:52 AM
Mancini sucked his cock I think.

Sucked his face I could believe.

GP
24-05-2012, 12:53 PM
Should be banned for/from life.

Cripps_orig
24-05-2012, 12:54 PM
6 months holiday in South America, I think? :unsure:That is a harsh punishment indeed

Wouldnt go down there for all the tea in china

Niall_Quinn
24-05-2012, 01:08 PM
Still trying to figure out why kicking city players is such a big deal. Don't we want him to kick city players?

-Xs-
25-05-2012, 05:10 AM
I blame Wenger

Niall_Quinn
25-05-2012, 12:16 PM
12 game ban, that means QPR is our 13th game next season then?

Young Guns 11
28-05-2012, 06:25 PM
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/7783148/Tevez-escapes-FA-action

So, the FA have said that he should have been sent off, but he's still going to escape punishment..

The chud? :blink:

Ollie the Optimist
28-05-2012, 07:05 PM
so first balotelli gets away with a leg breaking tackle against song, and now tevez gets away with assualt? what the actuall fuck

Master Splinter
28-05-2012, 07:15 PM
so first balotelli gets away with a leg breaking tackle against song, and now tevez gets away with assualt? what the actuall fuck

Ambition at it's best.

Ambition :bow:.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
29-05-2012, 08:45 AM

corruption my friend. were the FA really going to ban two of man city's most influential players? not a chance. tevez is likely to stay at city and the FA need both manchester clubs gunning for the title next year comprehensively, so of course they weren't gonna ban him.

Cripps_orig
04-06-2012, 01:41 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-18321310

Letters
04-06-2012, 02:51 PM
Couldn't have happened to a nicer ****

Ollie the Optimist
04-06-2012, 11:43 PM
acoording to sky news. barton has been arested on suspicion of affray :lol:

Cripps_orig
25-06-2012, 04:14 PM
QPR have fined Joey Barton six weeks' wages and stripped him of the club's captaincy over his conduct in their defeat by Manchester City on the final day of the Premier League season.
The club held an internal investigation into Barton's sending off and his actions following his red card.
In a statement, Barton said: "My behaviour was wrong and I accept the punishment imposed upon me."
The Football Association banned Barton, 29, for 12 games over the incident.
Barton was sent off for an off-the ball clash with City striker Carlos Tevez at Etihad Stadium on 13 May but was involved in further clashes with Sergio Aguero and Vincent Kompany before leaving the pitch.
He was found guilty of two counts of violent conduct by the FA and also fined £75,000.
QPR have reached an agreement with Barton that, if he seriously breaches the club's disciplinary procedures again, they reserve the right to terminate his contract.
Barton, who was arrested for affray earlier this month following a night out in Liverpool with his girlfriend, will be absent from QPR's pre-season tour of Asia in July.
The former Manchester City and Newcastle midfielder, who signed a four-year deal with QPR in August 2011 after leaving the Magpies on a free transfer, added on Twitter: "I was reckless and deserved every punishment I received.
"Money comes and goes, it's not important to me. Losing the captaincy and missing 12 games is what really hurts. I was stupid and that what happens when you do dumb things.
"I am confident I'll bounce back."
QPR chief executive Philip Beard said in a statement: "It was important that we took our time to make sure we came to the correct decision, which I believe we have achieved.
"Joey's behaviour, which led to his red card at Manchester City, and his subsequent actions were completely unacceptable and we have made our feelings on this matter known to him.
"I am really pleased with the way in which the club and Joey have worked towards reaching a sensible conclusion and we fully believe he will respond to these sanctions in the correct manner."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18581490

His first game back will be at Old Trafford :popcorn:

Xhaka Can’t
25-06-2012, 06:04 PM
12 game ban, that means QPR is our 13th game next season then?

9th.

V-Pig
25-06-2012, 09:54 PM
acoording to sky news. barton has been arested on suspicion of affray :lol:

"A person is guilty of affray if he uses or threatens unlawful violence towards another and his conduct is such as would cause a person of reasonable firmness present at the scene to fear for his personal safety."
POA 1986 s3.

Just being a GHEL tbh.

Cripps_orig
24-07-2012, 05:02 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18971248

That would be hilarious if it happened

FA :haha:

Xhaka Can’t
24-07-2012, 06:12 PM
Football in this country has turned into steaming cesspit of shit, totally devoid of any values.

Letters
24-07-2012, 06:45 PM
:gp:

Football :rose:

:(

Cripps_orig
24-07-2012, 11:27 PM
If this does happen, he'll be available for the game at the Emirates :popcorn:

Flavs
25-07-2012, 08:44 AM
Football in this country has turned into steaming cesspit of shit, totally devoid of any values.

So it's the mirror image of you face then?

Xhaka Can’t
25-07-2012, 11:18 AM
So it's the mirror image of you face then?
Hey! What's the matter with you? Hey! Gotta no respect!

LDG
25-07-2012, 01:54 PM
Hey! What's the matter with you? Hey! Gotta no respect!

Shuddupayaface.