PDA

View Full Version : FIFA Ethics Committee Investigation

The Wengerbabies
27-05-2011, 01:52 PM
So Blatter is now being investigated as well. The whole organization is a disgrace. I think its time the FA and other associations with an ounce of respect broke away to form a breakaway organization.

Boss
27-05-2011, 01:58 PM
Need a European Super League to form and we can take it from there.

McNamara That Ghost...
28-05-2011, 02:04 AM
:lol:

Even if Blatter is erm 'impeached', Platini would just take his place.

Ollie the Optimist
29-05-2011, 01:14 AM
bin hamman withdraws from the race. just get rid of fifa, corrupt as fuck

Niall_Quinn
29-05-2011, 03:23 AM
So Blatter is now being investigated as well. The whole organization is a disgrace. I think its time the FA and other associations with an ounce of respect broke away to form a breakaway organization.

Does the FA have an ounce of respect? A full ounce?

The Wengerbabies
29-05-2011, 04:43 AM
bin hamman withdraws from the race. just get rid of fifa, corrupt as fuck
Blatter winning the election unopposed then?

Fuxake.

dazthegooner
29-05-2011, 11:49 AM
FIFA to investigate curruption within FIFA??? How does that work?

Shaqiri Is Boss
29-05-2011, 04:30 PM
By the sounds of it, Blatter has been cleared of any wrongdoing, and the rest are suspended before a full investigation.

The Wengerbabies
29-05-2011, 05:24 PM
By the sounds of it, Blatter has been cleared of any wrongdoing, and the rest are suspended before a full investigation.

Blatter winning the election unopposed then?

Fuxake.

:gp:

McNamara That Ghost...
29-05-2011, 05:30 PM
FIFA. :doh:

GP
29-05-2011, 06:21 PM
http://www.myfacewhen.net/uploads/92-what-the-fuck-is-this-shit.jpg

WMUG
29-05-2011, 07:01 PM
The investigation wasn't independent? :doh:

McNamara That Ghost...
30-05-2011, 09:28 AM
Suspended Fifa vice-president Jack Warner has made public an e-mail that claims Mohamed Bin Hammam "bought" the 2022 World Cup finals for Qatar. The e-mail, seemingly from Fifa general secretary Jerome Valcke, also questions why Asian confederation chief Bin Hammam was running for Fifa president.

Valcke wrote: "[Hammam] thought you can buy Fifa as they bought the World Cup".
Fifa suspended Warner and Bin Hammam over separate allegations of bribery, pending further investigation.

Bin Hammam was suspended by the organisation's ethics committee a matter of hours after withdrawing from the Fifa presidential race on Sunday morning.
His decision leaves 75-year-old incumbent Sepp Blatter, who is seeking a fourth term in charge of the organisation he has run unopposed since 1998, as the only man running for the office. Blatter is due to hold a news conference on Monday at 1700 BST.

Fifa has said its election will go ahead, as scheduled, on Wednesday.
Warner, who is president of the North, Central American and Caribbean confederation (Concacaf), has reacted angrily to the allegations of bribery and the Fifa ethics committee's decision to suspend him.

The Trinidad and Tobago government minister raged: "I look on the suspension as the worst form of justice by any sporting organisation.

"They came premeditated, they weren't prepared to listen, they were hand-picked to do a task and they did just that.
"The guys were hand-picked by Blatter. A kangaroo court would be a decent thing to say."

Warner, who also turned on Valcke, stated: "I wrote to Valcke telling him, among other things, that the outcome of the [Fifa presidential] elections may cause some fracture in the Arab world which we can ill afford now and that I will like to ask Bin Hammam to withdraw from the race.
"To which Jerome replied to me and I quote: 'For MBH [Mohamad Bin Hammam], I never understood why he was running. If really he thought he had a chance or just being an extreme way to express how much he does not like anymore JSB [Joseph Sepp Blatter].
"Or he thought you can buy Fifa as they [Qatar] bought the WC'."

Warner showed the e-mail to television crews and added: "You don't have to believe me, you don't have to like me, nobody has to eat with me, drink with me or sleep with me but Jesus Christ, take the truth when you see it."

Warner has also accused Blatter of making a gift of computers and an unauthorised $1m (£607,000) to Concacaf officials.
"I indicated that at the Miami Concacaf Congress on 3 May Mr Blatter made a gift of $1m to Concacaf to spend as it deems fit," Warner said in a statement.
"This annoyed [Uefa] president Michel Platini who was present and he approached secretary general Jerome Valcke complaining that Mr Blatter had no permission from the finance committee to make this gift to which Jerome replied that he will find the money for Mr Blatter.
"I also indicated Fifa, through Mr Blatter, organised gifts of laptops and projectors to all members of the Caribbean and no objections have been made today of this to date."

This is the latest in a string of allegations between the men at the top of Fifa.
Warner and Hammam are accused of offering financial incentives to members of the Caribbean Football Union.

In a file of evidence it was claimed bundles of cash of up to $40,000 (£24,200) were handed over to members of the CFU at the meeting in Trinidad on 10 and 11 May.
The payments were allegedly made to secure votes for Bin Hammam in his campaign to challenge Blatter for the presidency.

Bin Hammam effectively claimed Blatter was aware of some of the wrongdoing but the Fifa president did not report it, in itself a breach of Fifa's ethics code, but he was found to have no case to answer.

Warner has also maintained his innocence and denied any wrongdoing.
According to the Reuters news agency, China's Zhang Jilong will take charge of the Asian Football Confederation in the absence of Hammam.

Meanwhile, independent Australian senator Nick Xenophon has demanded that Fifa refunds the Aus$45.6m (£29.6m) they spent on their unsuccessful bid to host the 2022 World Cup.

Xenophon said: "It appears corrupt and highly questionable behaviour goes to the core of Fifa.

"Australia spent almost $46m on a bid we were never in the running for.
"Now we hear that bribes may have been made to fix the result for who will head up Fifa."http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13592684.stm

Who'd have thought? :lol:

Tony Tuesdays
30-05-2011, 10:41 AM
Blatter: Teflon Don

The Wengerbabies
30-05-2011, 03:10 PM
Former Fifa presidential candidate Mohamed Bin Hammam has confirmed he will be appealing against his suspension.
Bin Hammam (http://topics.skysports.com/Bin+Hammam/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif was suspended by Fifa on Sunday following allegations that the Asian confederation president and Jack Warner (http://topics.skysports.com/Jack+Warner/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif had offered bribes to delegates at a Caribbean Football Union meeting in Trinidad.
If the findings are proven to be true, both Bin Hammam (http://topics.skysports.com/Mohamed+Bin+Hammam/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif and Warner could face a permanent expulsion from the organisation.
Bin Hammam, however, questioned the evidence, claiming that the ethics committee organised was not fully independent and that there was not enough proof to give a suspension.
He has denied making any payments and has issued a statement on his website in which he said he "will not accept yesterday's decision".
Not acceptable

The statement read: "Mohamed Bin Hammam will not accept yesterday's decision by the Fifa ethics committee.
"As he is only allowed to appeal against the motivated decision by the Fifa ethics committee, he urgently requested this by Tuesday to be able to file his appeal in due time and to revoke the provisional ban before Wednesday's congress is starting.
"The way these proceedings have been conducted is absolutely not compliant with any principles of justice. I am punished before I am found guilty."
Mohamed Bin Hammam Quotes of the week (http://www.skysports.com/quotes)
"There are many open questions: What was the discussion in the ethics committee and how did the ethics committee come to its conclusion? There are many other questions which need to be answered and transparency is urgently needed.
"The way these proceedings have been conducted is absolutely not compliant with any principles of justice. I am punished before I am found guilty.
"I get the impression that the outcome of these proceedings had been defined from the very beginning as it has been made evident at the press conference on Sunday evening at which Fifa general secretary Jerome Valcke (http://topics.skysports.com/Jerome+Valcke/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif showed his bias very clearly.
"This is not acceptable as the Fifa ethics committee is supposed to be a fully independent body. Therefore, I also expect the further investigation to be influenced and manipulated."
Bin Hammam withdrew from the Fifa presidential election on Sunday, leaving current incumbent Sepp Blatter as the only candidate and the election will take place as scheduled on Wednesday.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12010_6959814,00.html

What a farce.

Niall_Quinn
30-05-2011, 04:35 PM
His decision leaves 75-year-old incumbent Sepp Blatter, who is seeking a fourth term in charge of the organisation he has run unopposed since 1998, as the only man running for the office.

This is so blatant you have to wonder why the national bodies continue to recognise the authority of FIFA. Well maybe you don't have to wonder too much. Isn't it more likely that football is corrupt from top to bottom, rather than being clean at any level? I believe this should be a police matter, that's entirely appropriate given what's going on here and the amounts involved. Plus the whole Qatar bid should now be binned. Silly fuckers, even gangsters in the movies are more convincing than this lot.

Cripps_orig
30-05-2011, 05:06 PM
Press conference on SSN atm

Its hilarious

Blatter is being ripped to pieces. He doesnt know what to do

Boss
30-05-2011, 05:28 PM
http://soccernet-assets.espn.go.com/design05/images/2011/0530/fifamoneypic_275x155.jpg

This is a picture of the money that a Caribbean football official says he was offered following a presentation by FIFA presidential candidate Mohamed bin Hammam.

The money, as the picture clearly shows, was delivered in a brown envelope with the name of the Bahamas FA on it. Inside the envelope was 40,000 US dollars in crisp, new 100-dollar bills - four packs each of 10,000 dollars.

For many officials from the Caribbean's smaller islands, this would be the equivalent of several years' salary.

The date was May 10, the place the Hyatt Regency hotel in Trinidad where the members of the Caribbean Football Union (CFU) had been invited to a special meeting to listen to FIFA presidential candidate Mohamed Bin Hammam present his manifesto.

Afterwards, the 25 associations - whose flights and hotel costs for two officials each were being covered by Bin Hammam - were asked to attend a conference room to pick up "a gift", according to an affidavit sent to FIFA's ethics committee.

Fred Lunn, the vice-president of the Bahamas FA, was one of the first to go up to the room where he was handed a large brown envelope. When he opened it "stacks of US 100 fell out and on to the table. I was stunned to see this cash", he said in an affidavit which was presented to FIFA's ethics committee on Sunday.

Lunn said he was not authorised to accept such a gift but was urged to do so by a CFU official. He decided to hold on to the money and contact his association's president Anton Sealey, which he did by text message.

Copies of these text messages were also sent to the ethics committee which suspended Bin Hammam and FIFA vice-president Jack Warner on Sunday pending a full inquiry. CFU officials Debbie Minguell and Jason Sylvester have also been suspended.

Sealey then called Lunn and told him "under no circumstances would the Bahamas FA accept such a cash gift" and that he should return the 40,000 dollars.

Lunn took a picture of the money before he replaced it in the envelope, and when he returned to the conference room to hand it back he had to wait while other officials queued to go in.

He texted Sealey saying "a lot of the boys taking the cash, this is sad given the breaking news on the TV CNN... I'm truly surprise its happening at this conference" [sic].

In London that day, allegations that Qatar's bid team for the 2022 World Cup had paid bribes for votes had been made in Parliament.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/924662/pictorial-evidence-of-'bribe-money'-emerges?cc=4716

lol

Hope it causes the event to be moved from Qatar, but this is unlikely.

McNamara That Ghost...
30-05-2011, 06:21 PM
Just heard on FiveLive, the deadline for formal submissions (and nominations) running for candidacy was...April 1st. :haha:

GP
30-05-2011, 06:27 PM
Blatter runs like a Welshman.

Kaiser
30-05-2011, 06:51 PM
Blatter is the ultimate politician. I'm hoping this ends like Hamlet, but everyone dies instead.

Ollie the Optimist
30-05-2011, 09:05 PM
how can blatter think if the election goes ahead he and fifa will still have crediabilty in football?

Kaiser
30-05-2011, 09:19 PM
There is no crisis. We're just in a little difficulty. But the FIFA family will sort it out. We have togetherness, spirit and determination.

I think I mixed up two different parodies but it still works...

Marc Overmars
30-05-2011, 09:20 PM
I might be missing something, but how the hell can any type of election go ahead with 1 candidate?

Cripps_orig
30-05-2011, 09:22 PM
Its FIFA. Its Sepp Blatter

Need i say more?

Ollie the Optimist
30-05-2011, 09:55 PM
hte press conference, blatter goes on about respect yet he turned up late, refused to answer more then one question from anyone and then said he would only answer questions on himself not fifa. get him out before he ruins football anymore

The Wengerbabies
30-05-2011, 09:55 PM
I might be missing something, but how the hell can any type of election go ahead with 1 candidate?

His decision leaves 75-year-old incumbent Sepp Blatter, who is seeking a fourth term in charge of the organisation he has run unopposed since 1998, as the only man running for the office.

He's been doing it since 1998 :lol:

Niall_Quinn
30-05-2011, 10:08 PM
how can blatter think if the election goes ahead he and fifa will still have crediabilty in football?

FIFA didn't have any credibility before this latest scandal began. So it has none to lose now. It's just a front that skims money off the top of football. You heard Blatter, the "family" will sort everything out. You don't think he was kidding do you? These are organised criminals by nature and deed but they have been granted legitimacy by the establishment. They are very much like politicians, bankers, media owners - criminals with a thinly veiled legitimate front. They couldn't give a shit if people see right through it. All they'll be worried about is if people start to do something about it. And we won't. So they'll have their one horse election and rubber stamp this crook Blatter for another term. It's not personal, it's just business.

-Xs-
31-05-2011, 02:26 AM
The FA should grow some and withdraw from FIFA

International football is crap anyway...

Flavs
31-05-2011, 05:02 AM
Fifa has an ethics comittee? :lol: Irony

The Wengerbabies
31-05-2011, 02:39 PM
The FA has called for the election to be postponed.

Rors
31-05-2011, 04:51 PM
If Platini is the answer, then I don't want to know what the question is..

Ok, all this insular talk of the FA breaking away or refusing to play ball is utterly juvenile and pathetic, but knowing that you've got the successor to Louis XIV as your governing body's head would put the wind up a saint

McNamara That Ghost...
01-06-2011, 09:12 AM
Congratulations to Blatter on a hard-fought and hard-earned campaign to continue as FIFA President.

dazthegooner
01-06-2011, 09:18 AM
Another four years maybe the devil will make room for him earlier :ninja:

LDG
01-06-2011, 10:08 AM
Congratulations to Blatter on a hard-fought and hard-earned campaign to continue as FIFA President.

LDG
01-06-2011, 10:10 AM
David Dien needs to take charge here I think.

The Wengerbabies
01-06-2011, 11:39 AM
Fuxake, so the FA's plan to postpone the election didn't work.

dazthegooner
01-06-2011, 12:43 PM
FIFA have accused the FA of too much moaning and they should leave the FIFA "family" alone bunch of c*nts!

Ollie the Optimist
01-06-2011, 01:48 PM
fifa, biggest joke. how the hell they can have an election at this time no one knows. and acting head of concaf tries to sack blazer for being a whistleblower. what a joke. fifa suspend two as they have a case to answer about corruption yet try to sack the one who brought it to their attention.

Syn
01-06-2011, 01:50 PM
Can someone kindly sum-up what has happened with all this? Haven't been following it at all.

Marc Overmars
01-06-2011, 01:53 PM
I've only watched snippets unfold on SSN so I don't know the ins and outs either. I think there was alleged money being passed under the table which allowed Qatar to get 2022, an email and a picture of several wads of cash emerged. 2 senior FIFA guys were suspened because of it and one of the guys suspended was supposed to be running for president.

Syn
01-06-2011, 01:55 PM
Thanks, Szyslak.

Marc Overmars
01-06-2011, 01:58 PM
The FA also wanted the election postponed so Blatter could have an opponent rather than being elected by default, an entirely reasonable suggestion. Here is the response they got:

Fifa senior vice-president Julio Grondona also delivered a stinging riposte to the English FA.

"We always have attacks from England which are mostly lies with the support of journalism which is more busy lying than telling the truth," said the Argentine. "This upsets and disturbs the Fifa family.

"It looks like England is always complaining so please I say will you leave the Fifa family alone, and when you speak, speak with truth."

Oh piss off, corrupt as fuck.

Their suggestion got 15 votes but needed over 150 out of 208 to go through. :rolleyes:

Shaqiri Is Boss
01-06-2011, 02:00 PM
He said he'd only vote for England if we gave the Falkands back :lol:

Kaiser
01-06-2011, 02:33 PM
FIFA election sweepstake anyone? Whoever wins gets the deed to Letter's house.

Tony Tuesdays
01-06-2011, 02:49 PM
Breaking news: FIFA under investigation for corruption!!!! The holier-than-thou organisation has shocked the world with allegations of bribery within its membership. FIFA are currently voting for to elect a new President in a secret ballot. Early reports suggest its a very close one-man race, the result could go either way...

In other news Wayne Rooney was seen out on the town with Corrie's Rita Sullivan who was consoling him after last weekend's CL final defeat...

Niall_Quinn
01-06-2011, 03:23 PM
I've only watched snippets unfold on SSN so I don't know the ins and outs either. I think there was alleged money being passed under the table which allowed Qatar to get 2022, an email and a picture of several wads of cash emerged. 2 senior FIFA guys were suspened because of it and one of the guys suspended was supposed to be running for president.

It was more like showering money from the top floor like confetti than passing it under the table. Apparently the delegates were all called to a hotel room and handed the cash, everyone knew what was happening. Also, the reports say most accepted the money. You reach a point where the corruption is so blatant you either do something about it (which the national associations won't) or just accept it. Lots of noises are being made but nobody has done anything other than beg FIFA to have a shred of self-respect and practise their corruption covertly. Does anyone think they'd count the ballots properly even if another candidate stood for election?

Rors
01-06-2011, 05:22 PM
They couldn't even cover up the Qatar-sham properly either. They thought that in the second round dropping the number of votes for them down to 9 from the original ballot's 10 would be enough to throw us off the scent.. Nice try.

Marc Overmars
01-06-2011, 05:40 PM
http://twitpic.com/55hfbs

Kaiser
01-06-2011, 05:42 PM
http://theboar.org/sport/2011/jun/1/machiavelli-would-be-out-his-depth-fifa/

Read this plz. It's quite funny. And it has pointless swearing and comparison to Nazi's.

Letters
01-06-2011, 06:50 PM
Football :rose:

Marc Overmars
01-06-2011, 08:11 PM
I saw a clip on SSN of when they all went off to their little booths for a "secret" ballot.

:doh:

The Wengerbabies
01-06-2011, 09:13 PM
I saw a clip on SSN of when they all went off to their little booths for a "secret" ballot.

:doh:

He got 186/203 votes.

Says he's proud and humbled.

Xhaka Can’t
01-06-2011, 10:31 PM
While I agree with what was said, the FA lecturing FIFA about corporate governance is pretty much the equivalent of the CEO of Burger King criticizing McDonald's disproportionate contribution to obesity.

Niall_Quinn
01-06-2011, 10:34 PM
Just remember, there is no corruption in football. The FA are not corrupt either, I'm sure they would have kicked up just as much stink had their bid been accepted. In fact I'm certain of it.

The Wengerbabies
02-06-2011, 02:27 PM
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/06/01/article-1392553-0C5C4F8C00000578-920_468x286.jpg

What was the point?

The Wengerbabies
20-06-2011, 02:55 PM
Warner resigns, investigation against him dropped.

Cripps_orig
20-06-2011, 02:55 PM
SSN breaking news

The commitee drops all investigations against Warner

Warner resigns from his role at FIFA and CONCACAF

Cripps_orig
20-06-2011, 03:23 PM
Its ridiculous tbh.

No wonder people have lost faith and trust in FIFA.

Ollie the Optimist
20-06-2011, 03:47 PM
so a man being ivestigated for being corrupt, resigns while suspended and fifa close the investigation and say he can be presumed innocent?

whats the point of the fifa?

Darth Vela
20-06-2011, 04:15 PM
Well, his resignation is essentially an admission of guilt so I don't see how anyone can presume him innocent, even if he's officially innocent, which doesn't make a difference at all imo.

Cripps_orig
20-06-2011, 04:22 PM
THE man at the centre of the FIFA bribery scandal has resigned as its vice-president.

Jack Warner, the longest-serving member of FIFA's executive committee, had been suspended pending the outcome of the corruption inquiry.
FIFA said the ethics committee had now dropped procedures against him "and the presumption of innocence is maintained".
Warner, of Trinidad and Tobago, had been accused of arranging backhanders to try to secure Asia football chief Mohammed Bin Hammam's election as FIFA president.
Sepp Blatter won in a farcical one-horse race after Qatar's Hammam was suspended with Warner.
Warner, 68, also quit as president of the Confederation of North, Central American and Caribbean Association Football (CONCACAF).
In a statement today, FIFA said: "Jack A. Warner has informed FIFA about his resignation from his posts in international football.
"FIFA regrets the turn of events that have led to Mr Warner's decision.
"His resignation has been accepted by world football's governing body, and his contribution to international football and to Caribbean football in particular and the CONCACAF confederation are appreciated and acknowledged.
"Mr Warner is leaving FIFA by his own volition after nearly 30 years of service."
Warner and Hammam were accused of giving or offering bribes of £25,000 each to the 25 members of the Caribbean Football Union.
A source close to Warner said he had taken the decision "for the good of the game" but refused to comment when asked if he had jumped before he was pushed.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3648555/FIFA-vice-president-Jack-Warner-quits.html#ixzz1Ppld1djG (http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3648555/FIFA-vice-president-Jack-Warner-quits.html#ixzz1Ppld1djG)

Thats why probably

Coney
20-06-2011, 05:34 PM
What a cop-out. It is not just because he is getting off - that is not the reason for the FIFA statement. The real reason for doing it this way is that if they had investigated him, other shit about other members would probably have come out of the woodwork. It is just a continuation of the sleeze of FIFA.

We criticised the MPs for claiming a few grand for a duckhouse or draining a moat. These FIFA guys seem to be fiddling numbers that make our MPs look like Mother Teresa.

Darth Vela
21-06-2011, 10:45 AM
I don't see how anyone can presume him innocent, even if he's officially innocent, which doesn't make a difference at all imo.

Anyone with a nose can smell the rank stench of someone being forced out before they take everyone down with them, I feel sure Mr. Warner was recompensed for his troubles too.

Ollie the Optimist
22-06-2011, 01:32 PM
A Fifa ethics committee report says there is "comprehensive, convincing and overwhelming" evidence that member Mohamed bin Hammam tried to bribe officials during his presidential campaign.

The report also states that former Fifa vice-president Jack Warner was "an accessory to corruption".

More to follow.

fifa, what a fucking joke they are

Ollie the Optimist
22-06-2011, 05:26 PM
A Fifa report seen by the Press Association says there is 'overwhelming evidence' that Mohamed bin Hammam used bribery in his presidential campaign.

The ethics committee also stated that former Fifa vice-president Jack Warner was "an accessory to corruption".

Warner resigned from his role on Monday and quit all football activities.

As a result, football's governing body dropped all investigations into Warner, adding that "the presumption of innocence is maintained".

However, the full report of the ethics committee headed by Namibian judge Petrus Damaseb said there was "comprehensive, convincing and overwhelming" proof that bribes had been paid to officials to support Bin Hammam's campaign for the Fifa presidency, and that Warner had facilitated this.

Continue reading the main story
I believe Jack Warner should be made to answer these charges - it's not enough just for him to resign
Tory MP Damian Collins
Both 68-year-old Warner, from Trinidad and Tobago, and Qatar's Bin Hammam, 62, were provisionally suspended on 29 May.

Bin Hammam withdrew as a candidate in the Fifa presidential race against Sepp Blatter on the morning of his ethics committee hearing on 29 May. Both Bin Hammam and Warner deny the allegations.

The 17-page Fifa report was faxed to Warner on 14 June. Three days later, he informed Fifa he was quitting.

The report obtained by the Press Association concludes that there was "compelling" evidence that Bin Hammam and Warner arranged a special meeting of the 25 members of the Caribbean Football Union [CFU] on 10 and 11 May in Trinidad and that, with their knowledge, cash gifts were handed over.

Statements from witnesses, contained in the report, said they were handed brown envelopes each containing 40,000 US dollars. One of the witnesses, Fred Lunn from the Bahamas, photographed the cash before returning it.

The document also stated that four witnesses claimed that Warner told the CFU delegates on 11 May that the "money for the 'gifts' allegedly distributed the day before had been apparently provided by Mr Bin Hammam".

Warner's evidence to the 29 May hearing is described as "mere self-serving declarations" and that he "failed to provide the Fifa ethics committee with a plausible explanation".

Bin Hammam said in a statement: "There is nothing I can say more than I deny the allegations and insist that I have not done anything wrong during the special Congress at Trinidad."

Damian Collins, the Tory MP who is campaigning for a reform of Fifa, believes the case against Warner should be re-opened.

"This makes Fifa's claim that Warner can be presumed innocent absolutely incredible," he said. "I believe Jack Warner should be made to answer these charges - it's not enough just for him to resign.

"This shows it was a big error of judgement by Sepp Blatter to call off the inquiry and cover this up.

"Fifa should also confirm Mohamed Bin Hammam should not similarly be allowed to resign in return for having the investigation dropped."

the complete article. fifa allowed warner to resign and presume innonence yet the report says he is guilty? i am actually lost for words

Cripps_orig
24-06-2011, 02:23 PM
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3657300/Banana-thrown-in-racist-attack-at-Brazil-legend-Roberto-Carlos.html

Didnt want to make another thread.

This is the country that FIFA gave the World cup to :doh: