PDA

View Full Version : Arsenal debate stupidity

Niall_Quinn
27-06-2012, 09:49 PM
Next time this thread descends in to complete shit, you'll just be banned from it.

I'm really sick of it.

Fair enough but could we please have covers from homosexual magazines and pro-gay propaganda removed too. Otherwise it's a bit one sided. Besides, Giroud surely expected some sort of reaction or else he wouldn't have bothered.

McNamara That Ghost...
27-06-2012, 09:53 PM
I don't think he was looking for a reaction of idiots on an Arsenal forum some time after posing for that magazine. And no, Flav's didn't post it as some propaganda tool. I'll spoiler it though.

Niall_Quinn
27-06-2012, 10:04 PM
I don't think he was looking for a reaction of idiots on an Arsenal forum some time after posing for that magazine. And no, Flav's didn't post it as some propaganda tool. I'll spoiler it though.

I'm not talking about Flavs, I'm talking about certain other posters who condemn people for not falling in with their beliefs. Please try not to give them a free run on here. I don't know what developed on the threat but last time I saw it there were a few comments about a player who appeared on the cover of a gay mag being gay. I really don't think there will be any repercussions from something like that, other than self imposed penalties. I'm aware it's a fine line but for the same of free speech and free thought we should at least be walking right to the edge of that line. When there are laws against speech there's always something fundamentally rotten behind it, often disguised as the protection of rights. It needs to be disguised, hence the demands for censorship.

Adding a spoiler tag to that image will entice people to click it. No form of censorship ever works as intended.

McNamara That Ghost...
27-06-2012, 10:27 PM
No I am just tired of Arsenal debate threads deviating from what they are supposed to be about. It can be understood in the transfer thread as that kind of necessitates speculation and thus not much quality. What I deleted from this thread, from the third time in bulk is not in anyway quality.

And it's not about censorship, it just gives somebody the opportunity to hide it if they don't want it clogging up the page. Not that I can find it. Going on these rants about censorship or free speech is misguided. This forum never says it is about those things, thus it shouldn't be expected.

I'm fairly sure when people click on a thread in Arsenal debate about a new signing, they don't really want to be reading about some asinine debate about a players sexuality or otherwise. Go post on a different forum for that. Currants BW if needs be, just keep it away from this section.

I'm going to move these posts to improve the forum as otherwise I am contradicting myself. The fact I have mentioned twice to people to stop things decending in the thread is what is really annoying.

GP
27-06-2012, 10:31 PM
Maccy is brilliant

:bow:

Letters
27-06-2012, 10:32 PM
Maccy is brilliant

:bow:He's my favourite mod.

Maccy :bow:

Cripps_orig
27-06-2012, 10:33 PM
I tried to bring it back on topic.

I even deleted my own post and reported the one that started all the shit from the pig dude

Boss
Maccy :bow: :bow:

If I was gay he'd be the first one I'd run after.

Cripps_orig
He's my favourite mod.

2nd favourite for me :bow:

CK first :bow:

Master Splinter
27-06-2012, 10:34 PM
What will happen if this thread descends into discussion about Giroud's qualities as a football player and how he will fit into the team next season?

McNamara That Ghost...
27-06-2012, 10:34 PM
What will happen if this thread descends into discussion about Giroud's qualities as a football player and how he will fit into the team next season?

I'd move them to the appropriate thread, of course.

GP
27-06-2012, 10:36 PM

I think he'll be backup to RvP. I can't see us playing 2 up top, so he'll come off the bench a lot, I think.

McNamara That Ghost...
27-06-2012, 10:39 PM

I even deleted my own post and reported the one that started all the shit from the pig dude

I know. You did good.

Cripps_orig
27-06-2012, 10:42 PM
See maturity :cool:

Also praise from Maccy :bow:

Could be my favourite mod now

Master Splinter
27-06-2012, 10:43 PM
I think he'll be backup to RvP. I can't see us playing 2 up top, so he'll come off the bench a lot, I think.

Off-topic.

Xhaka Can’t
27-06-2012, 10:51 PM
Maccy is gay

:bow:

And brilliant.

Xhaka Can’t
27-06-2012, 11:04 PM
But most importantly, as the alcohol wears off, it becomes clear that Maccy is right.

Niall_Quinn
28-06-2012, 12:15 AM
No I am just tired of Arsenal debate threads deviating from what they are supposed to be about. It can be understood in the transfer thread as that kind of necessitates speculation and thus not much quality. What I deleted from this thread, from the third time in bulk is not in anyway quality.

And it's not about censorship, it just gives somebody the opportunity to hide it if they don't want it clogging up the page. Not that I can find it. Going on these rants about censorship or free speech is misguided. This forum never says it is about those things, thus it shouldn't be expected.

I'm fairly sure when people click on a thread in Arsenal debate about a new signing, they don't really want to be reading about some asinine debate about a players sexuality or otherwise. Go post on a different forum for that. Currants BW if needs be, just keep it away from this section.

I'm going to move these posts to improve the forum as otherwise I am contradicting myself. The fact I have mentioned twice to people to stop things decending in the thread is what is really annoying.

You're on a tough road here. Been there, there's no end to it. I believe you are sincere, though imagine you've probably thought this out after the fact. On the scale of things (in my experience) you are moderate and your views are liberal (in an individually responsible rather than Liberal Party/ PC ****, "I'm a reasonable coward and I'll go along to get along, please don't hurt me", way.) GW gives more scope than is tolerated by the fawning sleepwalkers who sell their beliefs for minuscule authority or approval in the real (non-virtual) world. Even so, in this place there are many (countless) instances of topics veering wildly off the initial subject. It seems to me that certain types of controversies are the trigger rather than a generalised rule for sticking to the topic. That's what the evidence bears out anyway. In terms of those controversies it's the little things combined that make the bigger picture. When people tell me not to worry about minor issues and instead let them slide I tell them in return to quit reaching major conclusions based on the individual jigsaw pieces and get the fuck on and complete the puzzle. Only then does that single piece take on its true significance. So, I should stay quiet if I'm not prepared to repeat a wider (not necessarily yours or even many others here - but a few) socially "acceptable" mantras. Those are (theoretically) the two options. I hear you and I know why and I know it makes things easier and in the end this is just a forum and not the UN. And JHC, you offer a service for people to talk about Arsenal, not solve the problems of the world or fight political battles or create time sapping headaches for a handful of people who volunteer to run the place. I get it, it makes sense within certain confines although people really don't work that way regardless of the environment. Nevertheless I won't comply because it's not in my nature. I can't be quiet voluntarily. It's not an option and therefore you have no option either. So please delete my account, save everyone the trouble, and come on the Arsenal (minus the board) for 2012/13 and I hope we win the whole damn thing.

Cripps_orig
28-06-2012, 12:18 AM
Good read

McNamara That Ghost...
28-06-2012, 12:24 AM
No we don't delete accounts on request. If you don't want to post, don't post.

And of course threads go off topic but there should be a limit and that limit should definitely be Arsenal debate (specifically the debate threads); that section should be the main emphasis of the forum (and is borne out by amount of posts) and where we are going to get the most amount of users, being an Arsenal forum.

General chat is general chat. You can vent there.

Jofnn
28-06-2012, 06:39 AM
Can't believe you filled my little improvements section with this argument...

I thought there was something wrong and that I was needed... but now I can see that I am not needed :( I am very sad indeed. I shall crawl back under my forum improvements rock and await a time when I am truly required :(

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Flavs
28-06-2012, 07:02 AM

:unsure:

Marc Overmars
28-06-2012, 07:22 AM
Maccy is one of 2 posters I fear.

Cripps_orig
28-06-2012, 08:57 AM
Whos the other?

PGFC
28-06-2012, 09:24 AM
Who's winning?

Marc Overmars
28-06-2012, 09:26 AM
Whos the other?

Falvs.

Cripps_orig
28-06-2012, 09:29 AM
Impressive choice

A neanderthal and a mod

Coney
28-06-2012, 11:20 AM
Can't we just accept that Giroud is French, accept what goes with that, and then move on.

PGFC
28-06-2012, 12:19 PM
Can't we just accept that Giroud is French, accept what goes with that, and then move on.

Put that way, he has my sympathy already :(

Flavs
28-06-2012, 12:41 PM
Falvs.

:unsure:

Xhaka Can’t
28-06-2012, 03:25 PM
He has a scary image on here and then goes and spoils it all in real life.

V-Pig
28-06-2012, 05:19 PM

I know. You did good.

Give him a peanut.

Cripps_orig
28-06-2012, 05:21 PM
See what i have to put up with

A poster who doesnt come on often and when he does, he doesnt make any posts relevant to football but only to pick on certain posters.

V-Pig
28-06-2012, 06:24 PM
I'm not talking about Flavs, I'm talking about certain other posters who condemn people for not falling in with their beliefs. Please try not to give them a free run on here. I don't know what developed on the threat but last time I saw it there were a few comments about a player who appeared on the cover of a gay mag being gay. I really don't think there will be any repercussions from something like that, other than self imposed penalties. I'm aware it's a fine line but for the same of free speech and free thought we should at least be walking right to the edge of that line. When there are laws against speech there's always something fundamentally rotten behind it, often disguised as the protection of rights. It needs to be disguised, hence the demands for censorship.

Adding a spoiler tag to that image will entice people to click it. No form of censorship ever works as intended.

Anyway, to address this point.

First of all, "free speech" as you appear to mean it does not exist. If some of the things said on here were said in certain contexts (for example, in person) they would potentially lead to prosecution. Therefore it is misguided to think you can, in every situation, say whatever you like.

Secondly, it would be hypocritical of you to complain about people "condemning" you if you're so keen on people expressing their right to free speech. I personally haven't reported anyone for anything on new GW (and possibly on old GW either, though I can't remember) because it's only a football forum. I challenge people head-on when they expound bigoted views as I would in real life, but I accept that this is just an Internet forum and not the fucking UN.

If you're really concerned about "censorship", I'd suggest you focus your ire on the only person known to have actually reported anything from the thread, thus compelling mods to act, which is Ach.

Cripps_orig
28-06-2012, 06:37 PM
And now hes critisising for doing the right thing :lol:

Oh dear

Xhaka Can’t
28-06-2012, 07:28 PM
I feel sorry for the mods.

It is impossible to do the right thing here. You want to let the forum flow but there have to be limits because people do get upset. Additionally consideration needs to be given to what could happen if some of the stuff posted here was relayed further. You may not think it, especially as this is a small forum, but it is possible that if left entirely unchecked posters and the Admins/Contributors to the forum could end up in a difficult situation regardless of whether what gets said is meant or said in jest.

Coney
28-06-2012, 07:36 PM
It is not impossible to do the right thing. It is impossible to make everyone happy, but that is something else. Broadly, the mods on GW have done a good job and allow it to run on aloose lead. So maybe we all disagree with a mod's decision now and then, maybe sometimes a mod is wrong, but that is just the way of the world. It is the overall effect that counts and I think that as forums go, this one is modded extermely well.

What the mods should do is not do is throw a wobbler because they can't satisfy everyone. So what - it is not possible so don't worry about it. Do what you think is right and let people deal with it one way or the other.

Xhaka Can’t
28-06-2012, 07:40 PM
It is impossible to do the right thing.

For instance, I differ from you on what I regard as being the 'right thing'.

fakeyank
28-06-2012, 07:41 PM
See what i have to put up with

A poster who doesnt come on often and when he does, he doesnt make any posts relevant to football but only to pick on certain posters.

:lol:

He is in love with you. Bromance!

Coney
28-06-2012, 07:45 PM
It is impossible to do the right thing.

For instance, I differ from you on what I regard as being the 'right thing'.

You might well do, but that does not make what I regard as the 'right thing' either right or wrong. It is not impossible to do the right thing, though it might not be possible to know that you have done it.

Xhaka Can’t
28-06-2012, 07:46 PM
You might well do, but that does not make what I regard as the 'right thing' either right or wrong. It is not impossible to do the right thing, though it might be possible to know that you have done it.

Yeah, like I said, impossible.

Coney
28-06-2012, 07:50 PM
Yeah, like I said, impossible.

Yeah - like I said, impossible to know.

Shaqiri Is Boss
28-06-2012, 08:01 PM
Right and wrong are just words. What matters is what you do.

V-Pig
28-06-2012, 08:03 PM
Right and wrong are just words. What matters is what you do.

God :bow:

Xhaka Can’t
28-06-2012, 08:06 PM
You can keep on making the same point, but while you may hit upon a method that appears to work, there are too many factors. All you can do is make it easier on yourself.

The odd bit of discussion on Mod action/inaction in a central point in the forum is healthy, but once an impasse is reached, call time on the discussion, agree and accept the mod has the final say.

Under no circumstances should any of the actual threads be derailed by discussion/complaining of moderation activity.

GP
28-06-2012, 08:34 PM
Yeah, like I said, impossibru.

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg850/scaled.php?server=850&filename=impossibru.jpg&res=landing

Özim
12-07-2012, 10:08 AM
Got to love it, you get removed from a particular discussion for having a joke, no wonder this place is going down the pan!

Flavs
12-07-2012, 10:23 AM
That's more down to certain ****y posters being ****y on every single thread and basically killing any kind of debate by being ****y

****s

PGFC
12-07-2012, 11:04 AM
That's more down to certain ****y posters being ****y on every single thread and basically killing any kind of debate by being ****y

****s

That's why he's on my ignore list :good:

Flavs
12-07-2012, 11:17 AM
That's why he's on my ignore list :good:

Oh all 3 of them are on mine

Xhaka Can’t
12-07-2012, 06:28 PM
Got to love it, you get removed from a particular discussion for having a joke, no wonder this place is going down the pan!
You get removed for being a joke.

Özim
12-07-2012, 06:49 PM
You get removed for being a joke.
Your face is a joke!

Xhaka Can’t
12-07-2012, 06:51 PM
Your face is a joke!

:(

Flavs
06-08-2012, 01:03 PM
To be fair the amount of shit Joker gets ion here is a disgrace. To think mildly racist satire gets deleted but people are openly battering him sums it up really

GW :rose:

Xhaka Can’t
06-08-2012, 01:05 PM
To be fair the amount of shit Joker gets ion here is a disgrace. To think mildly racist satire gets deleted but people are openly battering him sums it up really

Shut it honky :angry:

Power n Glory
06-08-2012, 01:07 PM
GW is going downhill.

Xhaka Can’t
06-08-2012, 01:08 PM
GW is going downhill.

So are your tits.

Flavs
06-08-2012, 01:11 PM
Shut it honky :angry:

Seriously mate, i find it a disgrace that the mods just let him take all this shit and then go and delete nothing posts

selassie
06-08-2012, 01:11 PM

Got to say I agree with this. Joker is hunted out whenever he posts...regardless of whether folks agree with it or not.

I mentioned before on here that some folks seem to hunt in packs and attack other posters just for the sake of it, it derails or at times ends what are often quite interesting topics. Probably deters new posters from posting here too.

I'm all up for having fun and a bit of banter...but hunting in packs isn't my thing.

Just saying.....

Flavs
06-08-2012, 01:13 PM
Got to say I agree with this. Joker is hunted out whenever he posts...regardless of whether folks agree with it or not.

I mentioned before on here that some folks seem to hunt in packs and attack other posters just for the sake of it, it derails or at times ends what are often quite interesting topics. Probably deters new posters from posting here too.

I'm all up for having fun and a bit of banter...but hunting in packs isn't my thing.

Just saying.....

:gp:

Xhaka Can’t
06-08-2012, 01:16 PM
I cant judge until I see this biting satire

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

Marc Overmars
06-08-2012, 01:17 PM
Some would say GW is an awful forum.

LDG
06-08-2012, 01:20 PM
Some would say GW is an awful forum.

Some would say it is Awlful too.

McNamara That Ghost...
06-08-2012, 01:22 PM
Seriously mate, i find it a disgrace that the mods just let him take all this shit and then go and delete nothing posts

Oh give it a rest Flav's, I have spent so many times deleting messages abusing Joker but people keep doing it again and again. And then we have the same old discussions about GW going down the shitter, all the time.

Joker doesn't help himself either by posting the same kinds of thread multiple times. I'll move all of this to the improve GW section, again.

Flavs
06-08-2012, 01:26 PM
Oh give it a rest Flav's, I have spent so many times deleting messages abusing Joker but people keep doing it again and again. And then we have the same old discussions about GW going down the shitter, all the time.

Joker doesn't help himself either by posting the same kinds of thread multiple times. I'll move all of this to the improve GW section, again.

Oh right well sorry for not knowing what you are doing when you don't tell us and for expressing an opinion on a forum and all.

McNamara That Ghost...
06-08-2012, 01:28 PM
Oh right well sorry for not knowing what you are doing when you don't tell us and for expressing an opinion on a forum and all.

And I am expressing mine. Maybe you should actually think about things before declaring it disgraceful - you decided to unmod yourself because you found it so much arseache and you then jump in to talk about us acting disgracefully? Doesn't make any sense.

Flavs
06-08-2012, 01:30 PM
I actually unmod'd myself cos Letters was an arsehole but whatever

fuck it

Xhaka Can’t
06-08-2012, 01:41 PM

fuck it

Have you considered buying the forum?

McNamara That Ghost...
06-08-2012, 01:54 PM

fuck it

Seems like personal abuse there to me.

server too busy!
06-08-2012, 02:29 PM

Oh DAAYYYMMMMMNNNN

Flavs
06-08-2012, 02:54 PM

Yeah that's the same me making a jokey comment about Letters who i have a level of understanding with and a group of people pack hunting a poster cos his opinions differ from there own.

Well done, anyone i am done with this place so fuck yall

Xhaka Can’t
06-08-2012, 03:22 PM
Is there a full moon tonight?

PGFC
06-08-2012, 03:23 PM
Arsenal debate stupidity

So, that's a resounding win for the 'fors' then :good:

McNamara That Ghost...
06-08-2012, 03:29 PM
Yeah that's the same me making a jokey comment about Letters who i have a level of understanding with and a group of people pack hunting a poster cos his opinions differ from there own.

Well done, anyone i am done with this place so fuck yall

:lol:

Yet you are the one that is always concerned with how things appear to guests. And this is how it always goes, somebody gets in to a discussion about this place, then they throw the toys out and say they are leaving. And then they come back.

Master Splinter
06-08-2012, 03:52 PM
And then they come back.

Charlie didn't. :(

McNamara That Ghost...
06-08-2012, 04:05 PM
He didn't say he was leaving. :(

GP
06-08-2012, 04:07 PM
GW's loss is GW's gain.

Fuckin trina...

McNamara That Ghost...
06-08-2012, 04:13 PM
Just had a look, Jofnn's bears are everywhere.

Member: ThereIsBearCum.

Xhaka Can’t
06-08-2012, 04:15 PM
What?

LDG
06-08-2012, 04:16 PM
GW's loss is GW's gain.

Fuckin trina...

She's a bitch.

GP
06-08-2012, 04:17 PM
She's a bitch.

Fuckin A

Letters
06-08-2012, 04:53 PM
What's with all the flouncing?!

McNamara That Ghost...
06-08-2012, 05:01 PM
Me. :bow:

I've taken out Syn, Flav's and NQ (well apart from a couple of posts) apparently.

Marc Overmars
06-08-2012, 05:15 PM
Maccy reaffirms his ranking has my most feared poster.

Xhaka Can’t
06-08-2012, 07:29 PM
Just had a look, Jofnn's bears are everywhere.

Member: ThereIsBearCum.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7t2h0dNHr1r7z44xo1_500.jpg

V-Pig
06-08-2012, 08:06 PM
So what was deleted? I saw the GP thing where he made a joke suggesting that people who yearn for the past in footballing terms also want the past in other inappropriate ways and it made me laugh. Were there other jokes beyond that then, I'm presuming?

GP
06-08-2012, 08:09 PM
I'm pretty funny, huh?

McNamara That Ghost...
06-08-2012, 08:12 PM
So what was deleted? I saw the GP thing where he made a joke suggesting that people who yearn for the past in footballing terms also want the past in other inappropriate ways and it made me laugh. Were there other jokes beyond that then, I'm presuming?

Apartheid based humour, well with relation to Gazidis.

V-Pig
06-08-2012, 08:17 PM
Ah, I see.

Letters
06-08-2012, 08:46 PM

Our tyranical overlord :bow:

V-Pig
06-08-2012, 08:52 PM
Yeah, I don't think the GP bit was too much. It was funny, it was mocking people's reverence of the past. But I left after that, so I didn't see where it got a bit blue.

Letters
06-08-2012, 09:18 PM
Yeah, I don't think the GP bit was too much. It was funny, it was mocking people's reverence of the past. But I left after that, so I didn't see where it got a bit blue.
I've no idea what happened but I do think some people are being a bit precious.
There's always a balance between letting people run riot and stamping down too much and not letting people have fun.
I think we get it right more often that not but obviously people get offended by different things. Whatever we do (or don't do) some people are going to think we got it wrong.

:shrug:

Marc Overmars
06-08-2012, 09:24 PM
So is Flavs gone then?

I guess my title of 2nd most feared poster falls to GB now.

Letters
06-08-2012, 09:26 PM
:shrug:

Hopefully he'll be back. He's supposed to be running the football thingy.

GP
06-08-2012, 09:31 PM
So is Flavs gone then?

Again? :lol:

Cripps_orig
07-08-2012, 12:24 AM
I miss all the good shit.

I read the posts with the dumbasses ganging up on Joker again and its always the same people, i might add. Didnt read anything else after that.

Power n Glory
08-08-2012, 12:04 AM
Probably one of the biggest signings of the summer and this place is like a ghost town.

Cripps_orig
08-08-2012, 12:38 AM
Tbf its Olympic season and thats like 47 million times bigger than Arsenal atm

And that section is busy all day

Letters
08-08-2012, 05:15 AM
Probably one of the biggest signings of the summer and this place is like a ghost town.
Since the Olympics started we've had an average of about 500 posts a day. Not as many as in the glory days of GW but higher than our average normally. People are focussing on the Olympics more right now.

Hump
08-08-2012, 06:20 AM
So the fun loving baldie has buggered off in a hissy - what was the name of his gay alter-ego again? And has he gone too?

Letters
08-08-2012, 06:35 AM
Tarquin? He's not been on for ages anyway.

LDG
08-08-2012, 09:27 AM
Since the Olympics started we've had an average of about 500 posts a day. Not as many as in the glory days of GW but higher than our average normally. People are focussing on the Olympics more right now.

I've posted about 5 times in two weeks in other sections.

Olympic forum surely?

Cripps_orig
08-08-2012, 10:50 AM
Time to change the name to Olympicweb tbf tbh

McNamara That Ghost...
08-08-2012, 10:56 AM
Paralympic section after Sunday. :bow:

LDG
08-08-2012, 11:53 AM
Paralympic section after Sunday. :bow:

I think we should all have to type with one hand in that section. Or with our eyes closed.

Hump
08-08-2012, 12:08 PM
ubpvbtciyg h rokgn nub -8y yvbpjust tried it - seems to be a better quality of post than normal

McNamara That Ghost...
08-08-2012, 12:50 PM
I think we should all have to type with one hand in that section. Or with our eyes closed.

Eyes closed? Think some of us have that nailed down already. :ninja:

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
08-08-2012, 05:58 PM
people are taking this forum way too seriously. honestly, i personally enjoy the banter on here although i do agree that joker gets too much abuse. at the same time, some of his posts are ludicrous as well as long winded, so he brings it on himself (his views on RVP for example are plain-right stupid).

i dont think people should be leaving GW at all. maybe we're all getting bored of the summer because of the lack of arsenal football going on, hence why the arsenal section has gone down the pan, but it'll pick up again in a weeks time when the new season starts. thats only natural.

in terms of GW as a whole, ive actually enjoyed posting in the olympics section with the core group that are active there. plenty of banter flowing and the usual silly comments. so if you're suggesting that GW has gone down the pan, id actually argue the opposite. one of the main reasons i post here is because people are laid back; when i go on arsenal-mania everyone's too serious and the posts are tedious. keeping the old faces here is vital though so flavs et al, i mean this in the nicest way possible, but stop pussying around and carry on posting!

Letters
08-08-2012, 07:19 PM
Pretty much my feelings. This place isn't as fun as it used to be. Too many good posters have left. That's a shame. But I don't see why people have flounced off recently. As mods we're never going to keep everyone happy. Delete a post which is near the mark and some people will say we're being too harsh. Don't delete it and others will say we're letting too much go.

Overall I reckon we get it right more than not and from what I hear we're a lot more laid back than most forums and the place is the better for it.

We need more members, that much is clear. I'm hoping some tighter integration with FB (which got derailed somewhat by the performance issues, but those seem OK now) will help generate that.

Xhaka Can’t
08-08-2012, 07:24 PM
people are taking this forum way too seriously. honestly, i personally enjoy the banter on here although i do agree that joker gets too much abuse. at the same time, some of his posts are ludicrous as well as long winded, so he brings it on himself (his views on RVP for example are plain-right stupid).

i dont think people should be leaving GW at all. maybe we're all getting bored of the summer because of the lack of arsenal football going on, hence why the arsenal section has gone down the pan, but it'll pick up again in a weeks time when the new season starts. thats only natural.

in terms of GW as a whole, ive actually enjoyed posting in the olympics section with the core group that are active there. plenty of banter flowing and the usual silly comments. so if you're suggesting that GW has gone down the pan, id actually argue the opposite. one of the main reasons i post here is because people are laid back; when i go on arsenal-mania everyone's too serious and the posts are tedious. keeping the old faces here is vital though so flavs et al, i mean this in the nicest way possible, but stop pussying around and carry on posting!

You clearly aren't a real fan.

Master Splinter
08-08-2012, 07:41 PM
Maccy and Letters are not the mods GW deserves, but the ones it needs right now.

GP
08-08-2012, 07:44 PM
I think they should bow to popular demand and make GP a mod.

Letters
08-08-2012, 07:53 PM
One person isn't popular demand :sulk:

Well...on here it sort of is actually :(

GP
08-08-2012, 08:04 PM

You know it makes sense.

Xhaka Can’t
08-08-2012, 08:35 PM
Seeing as GP appointed me Mod, can I appoint him?

V-Pig
08-08-2012, 08:40 PM
I think we should all have to type with one hand in that section.

Filthy bugger.

GP
08-08-2012, 08:41 PM
Seeing as GP appointed me Mod, can I appoint him?

Xhaka Can’t
08-08-2012, 08:50 PM
That's a yes then!

Marc Overmars
08-08-2012, 09:03 PM
Goonersweb is a fantastic forum at the forefront of Arsenal debate on the Internet.

PGFC
08-08-2012, 09:46 PM
Goonersweb is a fantastic forum at the forefront of Arsenal debate on the Internet.

Are you pissed?

Olivier's xmas twist
17-08-2012, 12:03 PM
GW is going downhill.

Going ?

Cripps_orig
17-08-2012, 12:06 PM
Give it time

We shall rise from the ashes

The Olympics, RVC being as his name said has united GW. Pretty decent feel good factor around on here atm. Everyone getting on with everyone. Debate being busy. Its not perfect of course, tards are still around but nobodys perfect