PDA

View Full Version : Good Bye Song!

Pages : [1] 2 3

LDG
07-08-2012, 02:59 PM
Barcelona midfielder Andres Iniesta has hailed the talents of Arsenal's Alexandre Song, and says the Cameroon international has the qualities to prosper at Camp Nou.
Song has reportedly attracted the interest of the Catalan club thanks to his displays for the Gunners last season, with a rumoured £15million bid potentially in the offing.
While any official interest from Barcelona remains unconfirmed playmaker Iniesta has spoken of his admiration for the 24-year-old, whose talent he admires.
"I know Song from seeing him play, and from playing against him," said Iniesta. "Technically he is a very good player and is also very strong physically too.
"If he comes it would be because he has the qualities to play here, there is little doubt about that, and we'd welcome him." Iniesta's Barca team-mate Sergio Busquets recently made similar comments (http://www.espn.co.uk/espn/sport/story/163281.html) regarding Song, also expressing his admiration for the player.

Read more at http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/164072.html#WHj0fUBkKFOIq5go.99

:rolleyes:

Here we go again.

I wish Barca would just fuck off. Every fucking year they come for a sniff.

Kano
07-08-2012, 03:03 PM
it's more worrying for them that they are looking for players currently below the standard they have at the club.

Boss
07-08-2012, 03:08 PM
Song would comfortably shit all over Busquets in La Liga.

Power n Glory
07-08-2012, 03:17 PM
Song's ball distribution and ball retention skills go unnoticed on here. Even before the assists, he was good at keeping the ball moving, never getting caught in possession and turning defence into attack quickly. Just compare and contrast his performances with Denilson's, Ramsey and Diaby's. You'll rarely find him in a situation where he takes too long to make a pass or gets caught in possession like these three. That's the sign of a good central midfielder and the first thing I noticed about Cesc when he first started playing for us and Wilshere. You can't get caught in possession and must know when and who to pass to. That's probably why he's caught Barca's attention.

He'd be a good anchor player for them but won't be an automatic starter because they also have Busquets.

Fist of Lehmann
07-08-2012, 03:26 PM
Alex Song completed 84.3% of his passes this season. That was the worst percentage of any regular Midfielder. But he attempted the second most passes on the team behind Arteta, who lead the team in completion percentage. That means that our defensive midfielder was playing plenty of passes that went astray. He was also dispossessed more than twice as much as Arteta and had nearly double the turnovers. I am a huge fan of Alex Song, but there’s no denying that his forays up the pitch and his carelessness with the ball caused plenty of problems for our defense.

Overvalued or undervalued? Like Theo, it's hard to say.

Master Splinter
07-08-2012, 03:50 PM
Song would comfortably shit all over Busquets in La Liga.

Busquets may be one of the most unlikeable players on the planet, but he is just as important for Barcelona and Spain as Xavi and Iniesta. He is almost faultless in his role. Song is nowhere near his technical level.

Marc Overmars
07-08-2012, 03:58 PM
Song could probably do a sparringly good job for them like Keita did.

I hope we keep him though.

I_Killed_Kenny
07-08-2012, 04:04 PM
i wouldnt be too miffed if he was replaced by a solid DM. Song loses possesion far too often and if he is off his game he is woeful. for me toward the last half of the season he seemed to dwell on the ball far too long and get disposessed or get rushed into an incorrect pass in lots of games. not disciplined enough IMO but I have stated my view on him elsewhere

Marc Overmars
07-08-2012, 04:07 PM
We could do with a new CM option yes. Song is prone to brainfarts, Wiltsheer is dead, Ramsey is shit and Diaby is unreliable. I think Wenget knows this hence why he's gone after Sahin.

V-Pig
07-08-2012, 06:38 PM
Football can FOAD if this happens. And Biscuits too. He's a terrible player, supported by reliable team mates and a management set up he obviously has incriminating photos of.

Marc Overmars
07-08-2012, 07:10 PM
Busquets is a terrible human but not a terrible player.

Asthmatic Kitty
07-08-2012, 09:12 PM
what on earth did busquets do?

would be sad if song left. wish barca would f off.

Cripps_orig
08-08-2012, 12:30 AM
bye

And im his biggest fan

Kano
08-08-2012, 08:00 AM
Busquets may be one of the most unlikeable players on the planet, but he is just as important for Barcelona and Spain as Xavi and Iniesta. He is almost faultless in his role. Song is nowhere near his technical level.

exactly. song is a good player but not he would be step down for barca and is far from irreplaceable in our team.

dazthegooner
08-08-2012, 09:57 AM
So another player that thinks the grass greener on the other side maybe he should talk to people like Hleb because to this day he still regrets leaving us.

server too busy!
08-08-2012, 10:05 AM
I thought Song loved Arsenal and would never leave as long as the club wanted him. Oh well, some one like M'Vila would be more suited to our team...ie a DM that is willing to sit back and cover the full backs.

AKBapologist
08-08-2012, 10:21 AM
If this is true, this would supremely piss me off.

GP
08-08-2012, 10:29 AM
If he wants to go, let him go.

Just make sure he's replaced.

Xhaka Can’t
08-08-2012, 10:30 AM
Is there a link to a source that states he wants to leave?

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

dazthegooner
08-08-2012, 10:37 AM
Is there a link to a source that states he wants to leave?

Not seen any just rumours I think Barca up to there old tricks again <_<

McNamara That Ghost...
08-08-2012, 10:40 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UG9I752Mmdk

Xhaka Can’t
08-08-2012, 10:46 AM
Thanks Daz. Honestly I wish Barca the same fate as Rangers

LDG
08-08-2012, 10:47 AM
Not seen any just rumours I think Barca up to there old tricks again <_<

Pretty much.

Tap up by media. The usual suspects all out in force saying the usual "Alex Song has Barca DNA" etc.

Utter fucktards the lot of them.

dazthegooner
08-08-2012, 10:48 AM
Thanks Daz. Honestly I wish Barca the same fate as Rangers

They do deserve it but them being the darlings of UEFA atm they can get away with anything they want.

dazthegooner
08-08-2012, 10:51 AM
Pretty much.

Tap up by media. The usual suspects all out in force saying the usual "Alex Song has Barca DNA" etc.

Utter fucktards the lot of them.

Surely if they want an of our players they can ring/fax us must have both numbers by now but then again thats not the way they go about things :rolleyes:

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
08-08-2012, 11:22 AM
i wouldnt be too miffed if he was replaced by a solid DM. Song loses possesion far too often and if he is off his game he is woeful. for me toward the last half of the season he seemed to dwell on the ball far too long and get disposessed or get rushed into an incorrect pass in lots of games. not disciplined enough IMO but I have stated my view on him elsewhere

agreed. i want him to stay because i think we undervalue him but if he goes then we can replace him. if wenger finds a cheik tiote somewhere then id hardly complain.

KSE Comedy Club
08-08-2012, 11:24 AM
Plenty of people on twitter saying that he has apparently agreed personal terms with the ****s, and will be asking wenger for a move.

Wouldnt put it past his agent tbh.

Darren Dein.

Marc Overmars
08-08-2012, 11:27 AM
Reportedly the Sahin move could depend on whether Song stays or goes.

I think I'd be more pissed off if Song left than RVP.

Wouldn't surprise me if it did happen though, considering we've spent 40m and are probably looking to recoup that to balance the books. :rolleyes:

KSE Comedy Club
08-08-2012, 11:39 AM
I dont know tbh.

Im at the point where I dont care if they stay or go anymore.

If they want out, then do it quick and carry on shopping.

We could pick up Llorente and Mvila or similar.

Joker
08-08-2012, 11:42 AM
It would suck if we did lose Song. We've made progress in the transfer window this time with the signings of Podolski, Giroud and Cazorla, but to lose Song and possibly Walcott would be like taking two steps forward and two back. Sometimes we should forget about balancing the books and look at the football side of things. Having a squad of top quality players is what separates trophy winning teams and those who fail at the last hurdle. Let's take a bit of a financial hit this summer (which can't hurt that much, given that we make a profit from transfers in most windows) for the sake of trophies.

Marc Overmars
08-08-2012, 11:46 AM
If he wants to go then by all means I'll pack his bags for him because I'm only interested in committed playes, but right now it just sounds like Barca might be interested and we know that we'll readily sell to them if the opportunity arises. It's not like Song has made any noises about his future, I fear the club will just cash in when there might be an opportunity to actually keep him.

KSE Comedy Club
08-08-2012, 12:06 PM
It would suck if we did lose Song. We've made progress in the transfer window this time with the signings of Podolski, Giroud and Cazorla, but to lose Song and possibly Walcott would be like taking two steps forward and two back. Sometimes we should forget about balancing the books and look at the football side of things. Having a squad of top quality players is what separates trophy winning teams and those who fail at the last hurdle. Let's take a bit of a financial hit this summer (which can't hurt that much, given that we make a profit from transfers in most windows) for the sake of trophies.

Its not about balancing the books, they might leave because they dont want to play for us anymore.

Its already been mentioned by the guardian that wenger is pissed because Song wants to hear what barca has to offer.

This is down to the players themselves that want out.

I_Killed_Kenny
08-08-2012, 12:19 PM
even though i am not his biggest fan i wouldnt want him to go. we need stability still. arteta is only 1 year into our team, with 3 new signings who could all be playing from the start and diaby (who will be like a new signing), we need songs presence in MF still IMO. if we dont get a replacement and rely on coq or pongman, this will take us back a few steps. Still need to bring a DM in, keep song for 1 more year and then let him go if need be

The Ogg Monster
08-08-2012, 12:56 PM
Selling Song just because he's slightly interest Barca are after him (if they are) is a stupid idea, anyone would be interested in going to Barca and Song has held our midfield together for years.

server too busy!
08-08-2012, 02:05 PM
We're not selling to balance books, apparently we bought those players from the money we made from property.

If Song wants to go then replace him with M'Vila or the like.

GP
08-08-2012, 02:06 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8fkl1bxGR1qi532yo3_500.gif

Kano
08-08-2012, 02:31 PM
Its not about balancing the books, they might leave because they dont want to play for us anymore.

Its already been mentioned by the guardian that wenger is pissed because Song wants to hear what barca has to offer.

This is down to the players themselves that want out.
yeah but come on, he's posted his obligatory positive post about carzola so he has to revert to type.

Marc Overmars
08-08-2012, 03:26 PM
To be fair, us selling to buy is not really earth shattering news, given we end up with a low net spend and sometimes even profit every summer window.

Ollie the Optimist
08-08-2012, 04:19 PM
if we were to sell song, and got in mvila would you take that? i would

Marc Overmars
08-08-2012, 04:28 PM
Dunno, I've rarely seen M'Vila play.

Özim
08-08-2012, 04:51 PM
Don't worry, just found this which confirms his loyalty is 7 so we should be fine.

Also this confirms he's defensive as his tackling is also 7 but his creativity is only 4.5

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/people/cameroon/5927/alexandre-song

Kyle?
08-08-2012, 09:58 PM
Don't worry, just found this which confirms his loyalty is 7 so we should be fine.

Also this confirms he's defensive as his tackling is also 7 but his creativity is only 4.5

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/people/cameroon/5927/alexandre-song

So his loyalty is actually about a 2 then?

Kano
08-08-2012, 09:59 PM
if we were to sell song, and got in mvila would you take that? i would

we won't be buying in anyone at that sort of cost after our summer splurges so far - even with £10-15m coming back in.

Kyle?
08-08-2012, 10:02 PM
we won't be buying in anyone at that sort of cost after our summer splurges so far - even with £10-15m coming back in.

Capoue or Biglia would be more likely than M'Vila, and a lot cheaper.

Kano
08-08-2012, 10:17 PM
Capoue or Biglia would be more likely than M'Vila, and a lot cheaper.

god knows, i know nothing about them at all. i think song will stick around for at least one more season though.

Cripps_orig
09-08-2012, 01:06 AM
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/08/08/3293801/iniesta-delighted-barcelona-linked-with-arsenal-prodigy-song

So it begins

The ****s have started to talk

Master Splinter
09-08-2012, 03:20 AM
Just need Reina to fly out to Cologne and stick a Barcelona shirt on him to confirm the deal.

Jimmy Valmer
09-08-2012, 09:49 AM
Just need Reina to fly out to Cologne and stick a Barcelona shirt on him to confirm the deal.

:lol:

cricketsi
09-08-2012, 10:04 AM
Surely we wouldn't be willing to entertain losing a player who's actually been a youth project success - he's a homegrown player after all, right? Means he has extra value to the squad.

The Ogg Monster
09-08-2012, 11:24 AM
This wont happen, its flannel.

21_GOONER_SALUTE
09-08-2012, 11:44 PM
Part of me actually wants him to go to Barca- so when we end up struggling this season and staring at the huge Song shaped hole in our midfield, some idiots will realise we can't keep rebuilding every 9 months.

O yeah, he wouldn't just shit over Busquets, it would be a whopper.

Japan Shaking All Over
10-08-2012, 12:28 AM
Song would be a big loss in my opinion, his strength is immense. . .yes he has the odd brainfart, gets caught out of possession/position but he does so much and although there are a few candidates out there that we could buy, none of them know the PL and I worry now about how many players we bring in who dont know the neighbourhood so well.

Japan Shaking All Over
10-08-2012, 12:52 AM
http://football-talk.co.uk/66708/arsenal-linked-with-barcelona-starlet-cristian-tello/

Taken with a 'bag' of salt

I_Killed_Kenny
10-08-2012, 11:09 AM
We should keep a tab of how many players will openly tap up song. Tappy Uppers roll call: biscuits, iniesta already. Pique joined the club today. Have I missed anyone?

McNamara That Ghost...
10-08-2012, 11:50 AM
I must've missed Song having Barca DNA.

Asthmatic Kitty
10-08-2012, 02:12 PM
seriously wish uefa would start banning/fining/punching players for tapping up other players.

LDG
10-08-2012, 02:42 PM
We should keep a tab of how many players will openly tap up song. Tappy Uppers roll call: biscuits, iniesta already. Pique joined the club today. Have I missed anyone?

Pique has now??

I can't believe Barca's tactic hasn't gone unrecognised by Uefa yet.

Oh wait...

Syn
10-08-2012, 03:41 PM
I'm not bothered about tappy uppers any more. Maybe we've just become numb to it but it doesn't really seem like a big deal any more. It is a bit twatish to have a proper, systematic strategy for players to unsettle a player in another team. But we're talking about 25+ year old men saying a few nice things about another 25 year old man. If that 'unsettles' them, that's a bit bent. I also think it's less of an issue than it used to be - through agents and with communication becoming more and more easier, Song would probably be well aware of his options without the Barca lot saying much.

Marc Overmars
10-08-2012, 04:05 PM
Pretty much. "Tapping up" has always gone on in football, it's not difficult for an agent engineer a move for his player regardless of what the stance of the club is.

We've not accepted any bids for Van Persie, so by definition he doesn't have permission to speak with other clubs but he's obviously been made aware of whats on the table for him.

I_Killed_Kenny
10-08-2012, 04:53 PM
Ofc tapping up has always been there bt barca hav taken it to a next level with their squad rotation tappy uppers!

AKBapologist
10-08-2012, 06:18 PM
http://gossip.ladyarse.com/2012/08/fabregas-refuses-to-tap-up-song-in-barcelona-press-conference/?
A bit of class must have rubbed off the fella whilst he was here tbh.

AKBapologist
10-08-2012, 09:58 PM
According to Duncan Castles, Alex Song has agreed personal terms with Barcelona prior to Barcelona offering their usual suspiciously low bid to annoy everyone at Arsenal, before having more of their players (but not Cesc Fabregas) talk about Alex Song's "Barca DNA" and display the typical, annoying behaviour that the Barcelona hobbits have when it comes to transfers. However, there's two problems with this: 1. Alex Song is under contract until 2015 and Arsenal have no reason to sell unless Barcelona offer us Cesc Fabregas and the remaining money they owe us for Cesc Fabregas (£12.7m, or One Santi Cazorla) for Song, and, the journalist reporting this deal is Duncan "Professional Troll" Castles.

Castles, of course, reported that Robin van Persie had agreed personal terms with Manchester City in March. Van Persie, of course, is still here, and is rumoured to be a target of Manchester United, not City, a club that he reportedly rejected. Castles also reported that Arsenal were favourites to sign Jan Vertonghen, who is, of course, now a member of Tottenham Hotspur. Castles reported that Santi Cazorla was going to stay at Malaga. Castles is a professional [redacted]-stirrer, who's more inaccurate than Marouane Chamakh in front of goal.

So, Alex Song isn't going to Barcelona. Unless, of course, they actually offer us something extraordinary. But they won't, because they're Barcelona, they're in tonnes of debt, and they don't operate in that way, preferring to be like annoying fleas who never, ever go away, and then act like pouting children who haven't got ice cream as a "reward" for acting like whinging babies.

In conclusion, file this under the "rubbish" section

sent from a fone

Kyle?
10-08-2012, 10:58 PM
Castles should start working for talkSHITE.

Dicks and chicks
11-08-2012, 12:58 AM
Castles should start working for talkSHITE.

talkshite doesn't exist, talksport does doe

Kyle?
11-08-2012, 01:23 AM
talkshite doesn't exist, talksport does doe

Talksport is full of shite, hence, talkshite.

And it's also full of Adrian Durham, who hates us.

AKBapologist
13-08-2012, 02:04 PM
Speculation has been growing after reports in Spain claimed Barca made a £11.7 million bid for the 24-year-old. Zenit St Petersburg are allegedly among other interested clubs.

Gerard Pique and Andres Iniesta have both spoken out to express their delight at the links with the Cameroon international, in similar style to 'tapping up' claims preceding former Gunner Cesc Fabregas' move to Catalunya last summer.

The defensive midfielder, who has grown into a vital part of Arsene Wenger's team, has admitted the interest from "the best team in the world" but moved to strongly dismiss any suggestions that he is ready to leave the Emirates.

"I am not going to lie if I said there is no interest but I am at Arsenal and I am happy at Arsenal," he told Sky Sports.

"Barcelona are the best team in the world, and speculation will always continue until the window closes."

Song, who moved to north London from SC Bastia for a fee of £1m in 2006, has two years remaining on his current contract with Arsenal, although reports suggest he is open to extending his deal.
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/08/13/3304597/-?

GP
13-08-2012, 02:08 PM
Talksport is full of shite, hence, talkshite.

And it's also full of Adrian Durham, who hates us.

It's almost as bad as goal.com.

Newguy
13-08-2012, 08:06 PM
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11670/7987275/Song-happy-amid-sale-talk

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
14-08-2012, 08:55 PM
song's close to leaving apparently.

not sure what to make of it tbh. it's so close to the start of the new season it could be devastating. but if we sell then arsene MUST have a replacement lined up as we were already lacking defensive cover with song here. if he goes then we need to bring in at least one DM.

although i think we undervalue him, song is excruciatingly frustrating at times. equally, he's still 24 so has plenty of room for improvement.

bitch of a catch 22.

i was against selling our best players but we've won nothing with them all here so maybe a change of personnel is what's needed? getting rid of the players with a deep rooted losing mentality may not be a bad thing as long as the players are adequately replaced.

Ollie the Optimist
14-08-2012, 09:01 PM
if we decide to sell then we have replacement lined up. if he styas good, if he goes then fine

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
14-08-2012, 09:09 PM
if we find a cheik tiote then id hardly complain tbh

Syn
14-08-2012, 09:10 PM
Get rid IMO. He annoys me very much. But he is a good player, no doubt. If Barcelona are interested he has to be good. Although they probably want him at CB.

Grebbo
14-08-2012, 09:21 PM
No great loss to be honest. He's too slow in body and mind. Will be a mega flop at Barca, he just isn't technically good enough.

Master Splinter
14-08-2012, 09:37 PM
if we find a cheik tiote then id hardly complain tbh

Tiote is not a footballer at all. Good at what he does, but like Sir Lord Field Marshal Parker, will not offer anything else. Wenger would go a for a player who is somewhat of a footballer. And French.

M'Vila or Capoue.

Or Coquelin, as well you know there is no movement. Everyone is little bit cautious.

KSE Comedy Club
14-08-2012, 09:46 PM
A lot of people moaning about this on twitter and the usual media idiots are churning out the same old shit about how it'll be devastating for us, but tbh I don't see the big problem.

Songs good but he isn't that good. We definitely have a replacement lined up if we're willing to sell and he really is quite replaceable.

Its the same as RVP, let's just sell the fuckers that want out and get replacements that want to be here and win stuff.

Marc Overmars
14-08-2012, 09:50 PM
If we are considering getting rid of Song, I reckon it's because WUMger thinks Diaby is ready to cement a role in the team.

Nuri Sahin is probably being considered as well just incase Diaby breaks after 4 minutes of action.

Personally I don't see any logic in letting him go, unless we're ready to go mental and buy a few more ambitions.

Ollie the Optimist
14-08-2012, 09:56 PM
If we are considering getting rid of Song, I reckon it's because WUMger thinks Diaby is ready to cement a role in the team.

Nuri"Sahin is probably being considered as well just incase @iaby breaks after 4 minutes of action.

Personally I don't see any logic in letting him go, unless we're ready to go mental and buy a few more ambitions.

rennas have recieved a concrete offer suposdly from a premier league club, it could be us given that wenger knows song is off. am sure there is a replacement lined tp. song is a good player, but defensively can be prone to errors. not the bigge{t loss

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
14-08-2012, 10:35 PM
[QUOTE=Marc Overmars;176151]If we are coLsidering getting rid of"Song, I reckon )t's because WUMger thinks Diaby is ready to cement a role in the team.

Nuri Sahin is probably being cknsidered as well just incase Dicby breaks after

hobson's choice
14-08-2012, 11:05 PM
[QUOTE=Jeebus;176147]A lot of people moaning about$this on twitter and the usual media idiots are churning out the same old shit about how it'll be devastating for us, bu4 tbh I don't see the big probleo.

Sojgs good but he isn't that good. We defilitely have a rexlacement lined up if we're willing to sell and he really is quite replaceable.

Its the same as RVP, (et's just sell the fuckers that!want out and get replacEments that want to be h

Ollie the Optimist
14-08-2012, 11:30 PM
Losing Song will be a big blow for us, right now he's our only CM, who has the ability to create and to defend at a good level.

we have arteta and rosicky who can create from midfield and defend but creating is not a problem, we have cazorla now for that

hobson's choice
14-08-2012, 11:53 PM
we have arteta and rosicky who can create from midfield and defend but creating is not a problem, we have cazorla now for that

Not really, and creating has been our problem too, these past couple of seasons. Arteta didn't create anything last season, there was a reason why Song was attempting so many Hollywood passes last season.

And we can't just count on Carzola to be the only creating from the Midfield, in this day and age of football, you can't afford to lose a CM, who can do both things, at a pretty good level.

Cripps_orig
14-08-2012, 11:58 PM
Ive read on the last couple of pages that we should let Song go cos we have a replacement lined up.....really?

Have people learnt nothing last few years? Only replacement we have is some Pub Team kid who wont be ready. We sure as hell wont buy one

Jimmy Valmer
15-08-2012, 12:07 AM
Song's replacement is going to be Sahin. Completely different types of players but it's gonna happen.

Bergkampwonderland10
15-08-2012, 08:15 AM
Wenger will not let Song go. He's got 2 or 3 years left...he'll tell the Barca dude to come back in for him next summer. Our team without Song looks physically very weak...he really adds a presence and opposition players Know when he's around...seriously...if we are going to win things this season then hold on to our players...including Van Persie...let him go to Man Utd on his own accord next summer. I wish for once we would stop getting screwed over by the cities of Barcelona and Manchester.

I_Killed_Kenny
15-08-2012, 08:22 AM
if the barca guy is in london then wenger is willing to let him go. this meeting would have been arranged otherwise he would not have travelled. He is gone as far as I am concerned

AKBapologist
15-08-2012, 08:53 AM
Yep, we're going to sell Song, a homegrown international, who played +40 games for us last season with 3 years left on his contract, for 16m euro's and replace him with 18 year old M'vila for 22m euros.

I_Killed_Kenny
15-08-2012, 08:56 AM
Yep, we're going to sell Song, a homegrown international, who played +40 games for us last season with 3 years left on his contract, for 16m euro's and replace him with 18 year old M'vila for 22m euros.

dunno if your being sarcy here cos of my post but surely theres not this much smoke without fire. i dont imagine officials travelling from another country to discuss a deal when they havent already been given the ok from the selling club to do so, is all i am saying.

AKBapologist
15-08-2012, 09:03 AM
dunno if your being sarcy here cos of my post but surely theres not this much smoke without fire. i dont imagine officials travelling from another country to discuss a deal when they havent already been given the ok from the selling club to do so, is all i am saying.

Officials traveling to which selling club, to discuss what deal?

If Song's off then it'll be for silly money not 16mill euros and the fact Barca couldn't get Martinez means they should be laughed out of town with Song. He ticks so many boxes that he's practically unreplacible.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
15-08-2012, 09:17 AM

If Song's off then it'll be for silly money not 16mill euros and the fact Barca couldn't get Martinez means they should be laughed out of town with Song. He ticks so many boxes that he's practically unreplacible.

would you mind telling us what those boxes are?

I_Killed_Kenny
15-08-2012, 09:30 AM

all reports say their officials flew in to speak to us yesterday. us as the selling club. not saying anything about price etc but if reports are to be believed about the officials travelling then we have surely given them a green light mate

Ollie the Optimist
15-08-2012, 09:33 AM
i just hope we have invited barce over to talk under the impression they can get him cheaply, make them pay for flights etc then when they all sit down in a meeting, the arsenal guys just stand up, walk out and say fuck off

AKBapologist
15-08-2012, 09:35 AM
would you mind telling us what those boxes are?

Homegrown
24 years old (not even in his prime)
Highly versitle (Can play CB, CM, CDM)
Strong
Can tackle and generally does the holding midfield role well
Creative, with 11 assists and a high number of key passes per game.

When you'd consider that we'd have to look at a homegrown player to replace Song, this whole thing becomes total nonesense.

AKBapologist
15-08-2012, 09:37 AM
all reports say their officials flew in to speak to us yesterday. us as the selling club. not saying anything about price etc but if reports are to be believed about the officials travelling then we have surely given them a green light mate

All the reports are based on sport.es who says they spotted a barcalona vp in london - 2+2=5 and suddenly, after both the player and the manager both rubbish the story, we're already counting the penies and planning for life without a very important player who would be difficult to replace.

LDG
15-08-2012, 09:46 AM
The other thing to consider is that Coq is a decent player (and I think ready to do a job), and a lad who has signed a new contract with the club.

With him, and perhaps Sahin coming in, I think it's enough to tempt us to flog Song.

This is also as much about getting players of the books as it it about balancing the side. If we are struggling to sell players, and keep having to fin suitors for loan deals for players like Bender and Denlison etc, then it makes sense to make aloan signing (sahin) ourselves, and get a permenant wage earner off the books.

Like I said, Wenger is playing a big game of swapsies, and so far, I think we're getting some stunning deals out of it.

In: Podolski / Cazorla / Giroud / Sahin + =35mil + loan wages

Out: RVP / Song / Vela / Denilson (so far) = 42mil - loan wages

No brainer for me considering RVP's age, Song's drug problem, Vela and Denislon being shit.

V-Pig
15-08-2012, 09:50 AM
http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o124/leftygreg/SongMong.jpg

cricketsi
15-08-2012, 09:53 AM
Homegrown
Strong

When you'd consider that we'd have to look at a homegrown player to replace Song, this whole thing becomes total nonesense.
:gp: No sense in selling Song. Doesn't mean we won't do it.

Ollie the Optimist
15-08-2012, 10:07 AM
Homegrown
Strong

homegrown - we have so many youngsters we can use them as the homegrown thing
age thing i cant argue with
jack of all trades master of none, he is very good im not doubting that but htink wenger could see it as time to get specialists in
strong yep
can tackle - the amount of fouls and bookings he gets suggests not
creative yep

however he is also prone to massive brain farts and puts the defence under pressue. good to keep him but also good to sell. really am not fussed if he stays or goes

V-Pig
15-08-2012, 10:09 AM
Roy Keane was a shit tackler too. He gave away a lot of fouls and cards.

LDG
15-08-2012, 10:10 AM

He was also a ****.

V-Pig
15-08-2012, 10:12 AM
He was also a ****.

Tru dat. Wouldn't fancy dancing the ball around him though. He'd probably snap my leg and then years later boast about how he intended to do it in a poorly-written autobiography.

Ollie the Optimist
15-08-2012, 10:12 AM

true true, look im not fussed if we sell or keep him tbh, however if he really is going to start to flirt around then he can fuck off but not too sure if he is or not.

the post i quoted just said we cant sell song for those reasons, was just offering my version of how they could be disagreed with

AKBapologist
15-08-2012, 10:13 AM
It's amazing how much you lot are undervaluing Song in this market. :doh:

If he goes for anything less than £30 mill I would be extremely pissed.

Marc Overmars
15-08-2012, 10:14 AM
It would be WUMgers finest move if he sold him.

Song is a must keep.

V-Pig
15-08-2012, 10:16 AM
Well I'm fussed. Not because I have him on my shirt.

Because he was arguably our 2nd or 3rd most valuable player last season.

Yeah, it would've been nice for him to react as Arsenal fans would to linking rumours with a "I'd rather sandpaper my own scrotum than play in a team with Sergio Biscuits", but considering that everything footballers say is written by money-grubbing agents, it was a pretty positive "I'm happy here" statement. He's not a wantaway like Wan Pursie.

Ollie the Optimist
15-08-2012, 10:18 AM
Well I'm fussed. Not because I have him on my shirt.

Because he was arguably our 2nd or 3rd most valuable player last season.

Yeah, it would've been nice for him to react as Arsenal fans would to linking rumours with a "I'd rather sandpaper my own scrotum than play in a team with Sergio Biscuits", but considering that everything footballers say is written by money-grubbing agents, it was a pretty positive "I'm happy here" statement. He's not a wantaway like Wan Pursie.

my point of him flirting around was more to do with the fact that he has reportably already agreed terms etc with barca.

he was very good last year as a creative force, however as a dm, he was prone to errors. he isnt a dm though so that could be the problem, all i am saying is if he goes, and we replace him with a specialist dm then im not too fussed.

dazthegooner
15-08-2012, 10:20 AM
Well from what I understand he's not asked for a move again its just the Spanish *cough* press stiring things up he's probably thinking if Arsenal want to sell him then so be itk, though I hope he doesn't think it could be bad for his career ask Hleb.

V-Pig
15-08-2012, 10:20 AM
my point of him flirting around was more to do with the fact that he has reportably already agreed terms etc with barca.

he was very good last year as a creative force, however as a dm, he was prone to errors. he isnt a dm though so that could be the problem, all i am saying is if he goes, and we replace him with a specialist dm then im not too fussed.

That's just paper fabrication. The Song would never do that to us...

I can't believe he'd play for them after that Barca game where he picked up an early yellow and had to spend the rest of the fucking game watching as Biscuits jumped around in front of him like a retarded salmon. I mean, how can you respect co-workers like that?

Also, £15m for him would be an absolute insult. That age? That talent? 3yrs on his contract? £25m at the very least.

Joker
15-08-2012, 10:34 AM
Wenger did say he must make a profit every year, so it wouldn't surprise me if we sold Song to make up for the spending we have done so far this summer. However, it would be a big disappointment, because although Song has flaws to his game, he created 14 goals for us last season, and when on form is a very good player indeed (which is why Barca want him).

We can't keep losing key first team players every summer, and replacing them with unproven youngsters. So far this summer we've done well by buying proven internationals like Podolski, Giroud and Cazorla. However, if we lose Song and then rely on Coquelin, that would be a huge step backwards.

hobson's choice
15-08-2012, 10:38 AM
This is most likely the work of Song's agent, trying to get him a new deal

Joker
15-08-2012, 10:43 AM

He wasn't playing as a pure DM last season though. If anything Arteta was the deepest lying midfielder, so he has to take at least part of the blame for us being so easy to play against.

Marc Overmars
15-08-2012, 10:44 AM
I read Song is reportedly only on 45k, which is relative peanuts really.

I'm sure he's just after an improved deal which to be fair, he deserves after several years of consistency now.

Joker
15-08-2012, 10:54 AM
If he's only on 45K then he definitely deserves a renegotiated contract. However, our owners don't seem to treat our players particularly well, and when they wish to leave all the blame is directed towards players for their "greed", despite the fact that the most greed on display is from the likes of Kroenke, PHW etc.

LDG
15-08-2012, 11:08 AM
Wenger did say he must make a profit every year, so it wouldn't surprise me if we sold Song to make up for the spending we have done so far this summer. However, it would be a big disappointment, because although Song has flaws to his game, he created 14 goals for us last season, and when on form is a very good player indeed (which is why Barca want him).

We can't keep losing key first team players every summer, and replacing them with unproven youngsters. So far this summer we've done well by buying proven internationals like Podolski, Giroud and Cazorla. However, if we lose Song and then rely on Coquelin, that would be a huge step backwards.

It's not profit based on player sales. He meant as a business.

And we've sold the QR site, so that covers most of our spending.

I think it's more a case, if we want to buy more players, we have to free up more cash....

Bergkampwonderland10
15-08-2012, 11:52 AM

There are things in life you should take with a pinch of salt...if Song had agreed terms with Barcelona then he is basically admitting that they tapped him up way before they made contact with Arsenal if indeed that have. It's shit journalism and wumming - all this is a bollocks story with presidents flying here there and everywhere ...going no where if you ask me. Song will be an Arsenal player for the next season at least.

Bergkampwonderland10
15-08-2012, 11:55 AM

No brainer for me considering RVP's age, Song's drug problem, Vela and Denislon being shit.

Keep Song and Van Persie and we can probably still break even in wages and fees
Bendtner 50K, Arshavin 100K, chamakh 80K, Park ?, Squillacci ?, GET RID!!!! It doesn't matter where.

Ollie the Optimist
15-08-2012, 12:18 PM
according to james olley of the evening standard, the indication is song doesnt want to renew his contract anyway, so i can see now if that is true why we are thinking of selling

Cripps_orig
15-08-2012, 01:31 PM
Song has 3 years left on his contract so why renew it now?

Marc Overmars
15-08-2012, 01:38 PM
Song has 3 years left on his contract so why renew it now?

Pay rise

Cripps_orig
15-08-2012, 01:40 PM
Doesnt deserve one tbh

His job, his priority in the team is as a DM and hes a bit shit at it tbh

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
15-08-2012, 01:42 PM
Homegrown
Strong

cant argue with that

although i guess it's whether you want to challenge for the title or not. i personally don't think song is good enough for a team aiming to win the league but he's a good player to get you into the top 3. that's why i wouldn't be bothered if we sold him i.e. i think we can improve on him. but then again we aren't aiming to win the league so your argument stays valid.

Marc Overmars
15-08-2012, 01:43 PM
Doesnt deserve one tbh

His job, his priority in the team is as a DM and hes a bit shit at it tbh

Billong is not a DM my friend.

Cripps_orig
15-08-2012, 01:46 PM
Billong is not a DM my friend.

Probably the reason hes shit at it

Im his biggest fan but dont care if he goes or stays. Same with any of our players. Dont feel a connection with any of them

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
15-08-2012, 01:47 PM
The other thing to consider is that Coq is a decent player (and I think ready to do a job), and a lad who has signed a new contract with the club.

With him, and perhaps Sahin coming in, I think it's enough to tempt us to flog Song.

This is also as much about getting players of the books as it it about balancing the side. If we are struggling to sell players, and keep having to fin suitors for loan deals for players like Bender and Denlison etc, then it makes sense to make aloan signing (sahin) ourselves, and get a permenant wage earner off the books.

Like I said, Wenger is playing a big game of swapsies, and so far, I think we're getting some stunning deals out of it.

dear god no. coquelin is still very very raw and makes silly mistakes as well. he's had an awful pre-season and has given the ball away in every game. he's got a long way to go pal.

only sell song if we have an adequate replacement lined up, otherwise keep him. simples.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
15-08-2012, 01:52 PM
Probably the reason hes shit at it

Im his biggest fan but dont care if he goes or stays. Same with any of our players. Dont feel a connection with any of them

im gonna have to agree here. the rvp saga really hit home that there is absolutely no loyalty in the modern game. if they don't give a fuck about us why should we give a fuck about them? last season i would have been totally against selling song but now i don't care. as long as we replace song properly we'll be fine, and wenger is finally doing just that with his signings this season, so fuck them.

LDG
15-08-2012, 01:56 PM
dear god no. coquelin is still very very raw and makes silly mistakes as well. he's had an awful pre-season and has given the ball away in every game. he's got a long way to go pal.

only sell song if we have an adequate replacement lined up, otherwise keep him. simples.

That's why I think he'll bring sahin in on loan :shrug:

He's raw, yes, but only as raw as Song once was.

Meh. WUMger may also a little bit be cautious, as well you know, we have Diaby who can also play there.

Cripps_orig
15-08-2012, 01:56 PM
We wont sign a replacement. That will come from within the squad. Frimpong probably..yay

Cripps_orig
15-08-2012, 01:58 PM
im gonna have to agree here. the rvp saga really hit home that there is absolutely no loyalty in the modern game. if they don't give a fuck about us why should we give a fuck about them? last season i would have been totally against selling song but now i don't care. as long as we replace song properly we'll be fine, and wenger is finally doing just that with his signings this season, so fuck them.

If there was one player the fans could feel a connection to last season, it was RVP but hes done what hes done and said what he said so hope he goes and DIAF tbf tbh.

Song, hes done or said nothing wrong atm but unfortunately hes a football player and the majority of them are ****s so its fair to say Song is a **** as well

Marc Overmars
15-08-2012, 02:02 PM
Need to offer Mo a contract tbh. Bargain of the summer waiting there.

Syn
15-08-2012, 02:05 PM

Meh. WUMger may also a little bit be cautious, as well you know, we have Diaby who can also play there.

What does 'raw' refer to exactly because the whole fuss about Coquelin is that he plays like an experienced pro - someone who won't win you games, be the centre of attraction or even do anything too impressive, but makes a few tackles, makes sensible decisions and keeps things ticking over. Seems exactly the same as Flamini and, funnily enough, we're using him just like we did Flamini - as a utility player that fills in at RB, LB, CM wherever we need a body.

But I haven't seen Coquelin play in pre-season. Nor do I particularly think it's wise to judge anyone on pre-season when they've played better at a much higher level already.

Anyway I can't imagine Song will be going. Hope to find out a bit more in Wenger's press conf. tomorrow(?).

LDG
15-08-2012, 02:11 PM
What does 'raw' refer to exactly because the whole fuss about Coquelin is that he plays like an experienced pro - someone who won't win you games, be the centre of attraction or even do anything too impressive, but makes a few tackles, makes sensible decisions and keeps things ticking over. Seems exactly the same as Flamini and, funnily enough, we're using him just like we did Flamini - as a utility player that fills in at RB, LB, CM wherever we need a body.

But I haven't seen Coquelin play in pre-season. Nor do I particularly think it's wise to judge anyone on pre-season when they've played better at a much higher level already.

Anyway I can't imagine Song will be going. Hope to find out a bit more in Wenger's press conf. tomorrow(?).

I dunno mate. Gooners and football fans in general only ever seem happy if someone is attached to a massive price tag.

Fuck that shit. Coquelin will be an extremely good player, IMO, and like you say, with no fuss. Exactly what we need.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
15-08-2012, 02:11 PM

yeah but sahin isn't a DM, he's a deep lying playmaker just like jack. he's not physical and he can't tackle. if we are seriously relying on sahin to take song's role then we're in serious danger, mainly because our midfield would be depleted of any physical presence. we struggle enough with song there but if he goes and we put sahin in his place we'd get overpowered every game.

you could put diaby there but he's crocked all the time so once again, we'd be in serious danger 2 months into the season when injuries kick in. plus i think diaby plays best in an attacking role so it would be a waste of talent anyway.

Marc Overmars
15-08-2012, 02:15 PM
It doesn't need to be a like for like replacement though, Busquets isn't what you'd call a typical DM but he reads the game very well to break up play and distribute the ball. Sahin would probably do something similar, not to mention the fact Arteta does a very disciplined job for us anyway.

On Sahin, it seems like Liverpool might be front runners now.

LDG
15-08-2012, 02:16 PM
It doesn't need to be a like for like replacement though, Busquets isn't what you'd call a typical DM but he reads the game very well to break up play and distribute the ball. Sahin would probably do something similar, not to mention the fact Arteta does a very disciplined job for us anyway,.

Wot 'ee said.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
15-08-2012, 02:17 PM
I dunno mate. Gooners and football fans in general only ever seem happy if someone is attached to a massive price tag.

Fuck that shit. Coquelin will be an extremely good player, IMO, and like you say, with no fuss. Exactly what we need.

no i never said that. i never said spend £30m on a DM, im saying if he goes, we need to replace him well if we want to do well in the league.

putting an inexperienced coquelin there would be suicidal; we aren't in a position we were a few years back whereby we could experiment and fall back on the youth project hypothesis if it all went tits up. we are past that project and need to win trophies asap.

Xhaka Can’t
15-08-2012, 02:17 PM
i just hope we have invited barce over to talk under the impression they can get him cheaply, make them pay for flights etc then when they all sit down in a meeting, the arsenal guys just stand up, walk out and say fuck off

Meanwhile back in the real world...

LDG
15-08-2012, 02:18 PM
Meanwhile back in the real world...

Lollerz

Cripps_orig
15-08-2012, 02:22 PM
Javier Clemente has taken the time to praise Arsenal midfielder Alexandre Song and feels the Cameroon international is unlike any other player.

The 24-year-old has been linked with a move to Barcelona this summer, and his former international coach has plenty of positive words about Song, even though he's not convinced with the midfielder's defensive abilities.

"He has a very impressive physique and is a great guy. He is a very good player and is unlike any other player," Clemente told RAC-1.

"Song is a much better player in attack than he is defensively, though."

Clemente worked with Song during his spell in charge of Cameroon from August 2010 until October 2011. The powerful midfielder has a contract with Arsenal until the summer of 2015.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/08/15/3308520/song-is-unlike-any-other-player-says-clemente

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
15-08-2012, 02:23 PM
It doesn't need to be a like for like replacement though, Busquets isn't what you'd call a typical DM but he reads the game very well to break up play and distribute the ball. Sahin would probably do something similar, not to mention the fact Arteta does a very disciplined job for us anyway.

On Sahin, it seems like Liverpool might be front runners now.

you can't compare us to barcelona because the shape of their team is incredible. their midfield help their defenders out, their whole team has great discipline and their tactics aim to keep as much possession as possible. they don't really need an out and out defensive midfielder in that team, probably one of the reasons they let yaya go in the end.

we're in a much more physical league and our team isn't half as effective as theirs. the equilibrium in the premier league relies much more on tackling, physical leniency and making yourself visible upon your opponent. i guess you could say it's a different culture to other league's.

im all for putting sahin or coquelin in the DM role but i guarantee you 4 months into the season people would complain that 'we have no physical presence' and we 'havent replaced song properly'. pretty much what we've been saying about flamini up until last season, when song finally stood up to the task.

Syn
15-08-2012, 02:24 PM
It was clear last season that Arteta is supposed to be that 'DM' or whatever. Obviously the issue is that we can't make enough interceptions and that exposes our defence. I happen to think it's mainly because we just can't cover enough ground. Because none of Ramsey, Arteta and Song were/are particularly quick. And if you don't have much positional sense then the problem becomes more apparent.

As I've said, the fact that Barcelona want Song (albeit probably for the CB spot - they even tried Mascherano there last season at times) shows that he has to be a very good player. But I don't think he's right for us. It's a less extreme example of the way someone like Dani Alves is great for Barcelona but having him in our team would be a disaster. Nobody seems to be using 'destroyers' any more (apart from the spuds :bow: ) but at the same time, we need players that can cover the gaps quickly. Arteta and Song just isn't dynamic enough IMO. If Wilshere makes it back in October ( :haha: ) I guess he turns into that box-to-box player. It's a helluva gamble though.

Power n Glory
15-08-2012, 02:58 PM
It was clear last season that Arteta is supposed to be that 'DM' or whatever. Obviously the issue is that we can't make enough interceptions and that exposes our defence. I happen to think it's mainly because we just can't cover enough ground. Because none of Ramsey, Arteta and Song were/are particularly quick. And if you don't have much positional sense then the problem becomes more apparent.

As I've said, the fact that Barcelona want Song (albeit probably for the CB spot - they even tried Mascherano there last season at times) shows that he has to be a very good player. But I don't think he's right for us. It's a less extreme example of the way someone like Dani Alves is great for Barcelona but having him in our team would be a disaster. Nobody seems to be using 'destroyers' any more (apart from the spuds :bow: ) but at the same time, we need players that can cover the gaps quickly. Arteta and Song just isn't dynamic enough IMO. If Wilshere makes it back in October ( :haha: ) I guess he turns into that box-to-box player. It's a helluva gamble though.

I think we need to see more of a collective effort from every player to win the ball back. We've managed to play a high pressing game against teams like Chelsea and City where the attacking players as well as the central mid players are hunting in packs to win the ball. It's very effective and if we approached every game with that tactic and mentality, we'd be a much tougher side to beat. But we don't and I think it comes down to the way our staff monitor player fitness. I don't think Wenger encourages our team to play that way every game because I reckon he fears player burn out, I can't be certain but it's just a hunch. It's not as if it's beyond the team to play that way.

LDG
15-08-2012, 03:01 PM
I think we need to see more of a collective effort from every player to win the ball back. We've managed to play a high pressing game against teams like Chelsea and City where the attacking players as well as the central mid players are hunting in packs to win the ball. It's very effective and if we approached every game with that tactic and mentality, we'd be a much tougher side to beat. But we don't and I think it comes down to the way our staff monitor player fitness. I don't think Wenger encourages our team to play that way every game because I reckon he fears player burn out, I can't be certain but it's just a hunch. It's not as if it's beyond the team to play that way.

Difficult to say whether that is the reason we don't do it more often, but you're completely right. We look a different side when we press like that.

Syn
15-08-2012, 03:02 PM

That's very possible. Being so reliant on the first-team to stay fit and for players to play 33+ league games is probably damaging. The squad, as it stands, allows for that bit of rotation so maybe we can see those effort-levels every game. Having said that, we're heading into the Sunderland game without a midfield, so same old.. :lol:

fakeyank
15-08-2012, 03:40 PM
If Modric is worth close to 40 million quid, Song is worth at least 55!

KSE Comedy Club
15-08-2012, 05:52 PM
Mr ANR myles palmer says today that song has said his goodbyes and that RVP has signed for utd.

http://www.arsenalnewsreview.co.uk/index.php/news/2596/30/Song-and-Van-Persie-have-left-Arsenal-for-Barca-and-Man-UJtd

Usually this gets written off as made up horseshit but it's a bit of an unusual and short posting, even for him, to be fake.

GP
15-08-2012, 05:54 PM
Palmer :lol:

If he told me it was Wednesday I'd still check the calendar

McNamara That Ghost...
15-08-2012, 06:07 PM
To replace Busquets? :haha:

Marc Overmars
15-08-2012, 06:08 PM
Mr ANR myles palmer says today that song has said his goodbyes and that RVP has signed for utd.

http://www.arsenalnewsreview.co.uk/index.php/news/2596/30/Song-and-Van-Persie-have-left-Arsenal-for-Barca-and-Man-UJtd

Usually this gets written off as made up horseshit but it's a bit of an unusual and short posting, even for him, to be fake.

Bye.

Marc Overmars
15-08-2012, 06:10 PM
To replace Busquets? :haha:

Must admit I chuckled at that part as well.

KSE Comedy Club
15-08-2012, 06:12 PM
Like I say, song is replaceable, so I'm not fussed either way.

Cripps_orig
15-08-2012, 06:13 PM

Every player is tbh

Question is will Wenger replace him with the sufficient quality needed?

History suggests not

KSE Comedy Club
15-08-2012, 06:33 PM
Arsenal have announced that they have agreed a deal for RVP to join utd.

Looks like myles could be right.

Marc Overmars
15-08-2012, 06:34 PM
Myles. :bow:

Always rated him.

Grebbo
15-08-2012, 06:36 PM
AFCAMDEN twitter guru has tweeted Songs been told today that he can leave

AKBapologist
15-08-2012, 06:49 PM
Seems he's had a pretty serious bust up with AW.

Marc Overmars
15-08-2012, 06:53 PM
Wouldn't surprise me if true, he's got a rep with the national side as being a bit of a ****.

To be honest I feel for Wenget in all of this, how many players have stabbed him in the back after he plucked them from obscurity.

RomfordPele
15-08-2012, 06:54 PM
Thought this pre season was going too well... Never mind at least we clung on to park and chamakh eh?

GP
15-08-2012, 06:55 PM
Wenger took his weed away so he's thrown his bong out of his pram.

Cripps_orig
Wenger has to learn from this surely?

He needs to be more ruthless. Next **** who is injured for long periods, needs to be sold asap.

Wilshere :wave:

Get rid before he does a RVP on us

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
selling song too means wenger must have a plan. we can't go into the beginning of the season 2 players down without some sort of plan.

time to earn your money arsene.

AKBapologist
15-08-2012, 06:58 PM
Looking more and more like that starting 11 who played last Saturday will be our first 11.

RomfordPele
15-08-2012, 06:59 PM
selling song too means wenger must have a plan. we can't go into the beginning of the season 2 players down without some sort of plan.

Either you're being sarcastic or you don't remember last season!

Hope he does have a plan this time though. Fellaini would be nice.

Cripps_orig
15-08-2012, 07:00 PM
Fellaini would be awesome

Grebbo
15-08-2012, 07:02 PM

We're not two players down - RVP has already been replaced.

Marc Overmars
15-08-2012, 07:08 PM
We're not two players down - RVP has already been replaced.

Wenget said this week that wasn't the case.

Only way he can justify this now is by getting Llorente to replace him. :coffee:

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
15-08-2012, 07:15 PM
actually just now he confirmed that podolski and giroud is the replacement.

he's commentating for a french channel apparently.

hopefully it's a smoke screen but history tells us it isn't.

Grebbo
15-08-2012, 07:21 PM
Of course they are RVP's replacement. Wenger's been in charge for 15yrs - when has he ever before signed two established strikers in that time? Never. RVP's been gone for months, it just wasn't official.

Grebbo
15-08-2012, 07:22 PM
Anyway my point still stands that we're not two players down if we sell RVP and Song. We've signed three first team players so we're one player up!

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
15-08-2012, 07:25 PM
Anyway my point still stands that we're not two players down if we sell RVP and Song. We've signed three first team players so we're one player up!

sell me your hash please!

KSE Comedy Club
15-08-2012, 07:51 PM
Seems he's had a pretty serious bust up with AW.

Myles :bow:

Grebbo
15-08-2012, 07:54 PM
Is he our last African?

I remember saying a few years ago that we had too many africans.

I was right.

Edit: Gervinho!! D'oh

I'm still right.

Ollie the Optimist
15-08-2012, 09:29 PM
there is only one person who we need now, who has done a job and is a proper dm.

welcome back Gilberto :bow:

Cripps_orig
15-08-2012, 09:34 PM
there is only one person who we need now, who has done a job and is a proper dm.

welcome back Gilberto :bow:Our next Invincible to come back?

Master Splinter
15-08-2012, 09:39 PM
Is he our last African?

I remember saying a few years ago that we had too many africans.

I was right.

Edit: Gervinho!! D'oh

I'm still right.

Frimpong maybe (if he becomes a good player) and Chamakh!

hobson's choice
15-08-2012, 10:49 PM

Unfortunately, no one on this squad can replace him at the moment. And that's the problem.

LDG
16-08-2012, 10:17 AM
Rumours are that Song is being sold because Wenger is disgusted with his attitude. AW's decision to sell. Nobody elses.

:shrug:

I_Killed_Kenny
16-08-2012, 10:23 AM
mans grown some balls and probably cant be asked with silly twats getting too big for their boots anymore! here goes the mvillia rumours into overdrive now!

GP
16-08-2012, 10:25 AM
http://i.imgur.com/6yacE.gif

LDG
16-08-2012, 10:26 AM
:haha:

GP
16-08-2012, 10:28 AM
http://i.imgur.com/bzZPs.gif

selassie
16-08-2012, 11:05 AM
What has Song actually said? I've seen rumours of Barca being interested but didn't he come out and say he was flattered but was happy at Arsenal. Also hasn't Wenger ruled it out?

Grebbo
16-08-2012, 11:08 AM
I think AW just thinks we can do better than Song (both on and off the pitch) so he's willing to sell him.

LDG
16-08-2012, 11:10 AM
I think AW just thinks we can do better than Song (both on and off the pitch) so he's willing to sell him.

Yup.

Looks like AW has got his rage on this summer :lol:

Taking no shit.

At last. He's come out of his coma :bow:

Wenger's back :dance:

selassie
16-08-2012, 11:11 AM

Well unless we buy to replace him who on earth is going to play there? It really worries me we're doing our annual culling of important first team members a week before the season starts. I hope Arsene has something lined up because he's done well in the market this summer, don't want this good work undone.

Grebbo
16-08-2012, 11:14 AM
Well unless we buy to replace him who on earth is going to play there? It really worries me we're doing our annual culling of important first team members a week before the season starts. I hope Arsene has something lined up because he's done well in the market this summer, don't want this good work undone.

Well yeah I meant he's found a replacement who he thinks is better. At least we have a week left until first game, last season we still had the lesbo **** playing for us the first month of the season.

Sahin's gone so my money is on M'Vila or Capoue replacing Song.

LDG
16-08-2012, 11:17 AM
Well yeah I meant he's found a replacement who he thinks is better. At least we have a week left until first game, last season we still had the lesbo **** playing for us the first month of the season.

Sahin's gone so my money is on M'Vila or Capoue replacing Song.

Chamberlain can slot straight in there with Arteta and Cazorla.

Ooooh.

Think I just came a little bit then.

gooners
16-08-2012, 12:27 PM
I think barca are actually buying him to play as a central defender --- puyol is getting on a bit. And song is techinally very good to play for barca as a cd.

Cripps_orig
16-08-2012, 12:28 PM
Fuck him

If he wants to stay then he can stay and clean boots or make tea or something

Fuck him as a player

Özim
16-08-2012, 12:31 PM
If Song leaves, he leaves it's not the end of the world. Question is whether we're going to spend this money we've accumulated or just balance the purchases of the 3 players we've bought. I hope it's not the latter option.

Marc Overmars
16-08-2012, 12:38 PM
Song: Boss, after considering Barca, I wish to now discuss a new contract with you.

Wenget:

http://thisisfutbol.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/ArseneWengerSmiling.jpg

Shaqiri Is Boss
16-08-2012, 12:42 PM
I don't know how/whether this affects any Song deal, but Ben Smith of the BBC say we (as in Liverpool for any skim readers) should be announcing a deal for Sahin later today.

But he has be known to be wrong before.

Cripps_orig
16-08-2012, 12:45 PM
Arsenal are on the brink of selling Alex Song to Barcelona for £15 million following a breakthrough in talks, Goal.com can reveal.

The Spanish giants have indicated they will meet the Londoners’ valuation of the midfielder in a development in negotiations between the two clubs.

Arsenal are ready to give the 24-year-old the green light to become the fourth player in five years to make the move from Emirates Stadium to Nou Camp.

Song is set to follow in the footsteps of Thierry Henry in 2007, Alexander Hleb in 2008 and Cesc Fabregas in 2011.

Barcelona were encouraged when their exploratory enquiries for Song were met with the response that indicated the player would be available for the right price.

The Catalan club had initially refused to meet Arsenal’s £15m valuation of the player, but sources have told Goal.com that a deal at that price has now been agreed.

Song, who joined Arsenal, initially on loan, in 2005, is poised to be granted permission to discuss personal terms with Barcelona.

He explained in the wake of the club’s pre-season victory over Cologne on Sunday that he was flattered by Barcelona’s interest.

"I am not going to lie if I said there is no interest but I am at Arsenal and I am happy at Arsenal," he told Sky Sports. "Barcelona are the best team in the world, and speculation will always continue until the window closes."

Arsene Wenger will come under pressure from Arsenal fans to secure an immediate replacement for Song, who is the closest player in the Frenchman’s squad to a proven defensive midfielder.

Arsenal announced on Wednesday night that they had agreed to sell Robin van Persie to Manchester United for a fee believed to be worth £24m.

With £39m swelling the club’s coffers, Wenger will be expected to find a battle-hardened replacement for the Cameroon international, especially given that the squad is packed with attacking midfielders.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/08/16/3310907/arsenal-ready-to-give-green-light-for-15million-song-move-to

bye

Joker
16-08-2012, 12:46 PM
I don't know how/whether this affects any Song deal, but Ben Smith of the BBC say we (as in Liverpool for any skim readers) should be announcing a deal for Sahin later today.

But he has be known to be wrong before.

Interesting, AFCCamden (who's got quite a few of Arsenal related transfers right) said Sahin would be coming in with RVP leaving. Now it seems we're going to have look elsewhere.

Shaqiri Is Boss
16-08-2012, 12:48 PM
Interesting, AFCCamden (who's got quite a few of Arsenal related transfers right) said Sahin would be coming in with RVP leaving. Now it seems we're going to have look elsewhere.

Like I said yesterday, our "ITKs" have been saying it's a done deal to us, and your "ITKs" the same for you.

I guess only a few people really know, and "things can change".

Marc Overmars
16-08-2012, 12:50 PM
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/08/16/3310907/arsenal-ready-to-give-green-light-for-15million-song-move-to

bye

Fuck it, just get M'Vila.

Syn
16-08-2012, 12:55 PM
Even if Wenger is sick of him and does want him out, and even though I don't think he's top level, £15m seems far, far too cheap for a hugely experienced 24 year old who has 3 years left on his contract.

But if we don't want to drag this out until deadline day and want replacements in, we're going to need to act fast and accept a lower price.

Cripps_orig
16-08-2012, 12:56 PM
Not too sure about Aston tbh

Looked a bit shit in the summer which is the only time ive seen him and hes a bit of an idiot off the pitch as well.

Would love Fellaini

LDG
16-08-2012, 12:57 PM
I think Arsene has just had anough :lol:

He's just turned round to Steve Bould and gone, "Fuck this shit bro"

And Bouldy has gone. "True. Fuck dat".

V-Pig
16-08-2012, 01:05 PM
I love Song, but there's been things said:

Le Grove ‏@LeGrove
On the attitude thing with Song... let's just say he's been very vocal for a while about the type of club he could be playing for.

Le Grove ‏@LeGrove
I've heard he's had a negative impact on some of the other players in the squad as well.

Shirley you can't be serious? Not little crying Alex.

Fist of Lehmann
16-08-2012, 01:05 PM
Owen Hargreaves is a free agent again I understand.

Offer him CL and a pair of robotic legs and he'd come like a shot.

Cripps_orig
16-08-2012, 01:06 PM
Owen Hargreaves is a free agent again I understand.

Offer him CL and a pair of robotic legs and he'd come like a shot.
If the **** was fit, he'd be brilliant for us

But hes deader than Wilshere

LDG
16-08-2012, 01:07 PM
http://www.memecreator.org/static/images/memes/407540.jpg

cricketsi
16-08-2012, 01:22 PM
What the fuckity fuck is going on? Who's next? If Song goes it'll probably be a bigger miss than RVP. It's almost like we need the drama and disappointment in every transfer window and we hadn't reached our quota yet.

Cripps_orig
16-08-2012, 01:27 PM
Drama, maybe

Disappointment? Hardly

Grebbo
16-08-2012, 01:31 PM

Aye. I'm liking this.

Any back chat and you're out.

Sends a message to the other ****s.

Song will be turd at Barca.

**** up a tree.

KSE Comedy Club
16-08-2012, 01:40 PM
Aye. I'm liking this.

Any back chat and you're out.

Sends a message to the other ****s.

Song will be turd at Barca.

**** up a tree.
Agreed.

It seems wenger has finally had enough of these pampered pussies fucking him over every summer.

It's about bloody time he was a bit more ruthless with the squad.

Hopefully it will get the message across to the rest of the team.

Syn
16-08-2012, 02:04 PM
Hopefully it will get the message across to the rest of the team.

Absolutely. "Be a dick and maybe...just maybe....you might just get a move to Barcelona!!! . First come first serve, so apply today to avoid disappointment!"

KSE Comedy Club
16-08-2012, 02:29 PM
Absolutely. "Be a dick and maybe...just maybe....you might just get a move to Barcelona!!! . First come first serve, so apply today to avoid disappointment!"

I was hoping for more along the lines of: "I don't care if you have 3 years left on your contract or not. You keep acting like a big headed **** and you can fuck off out the door!"

And

"grrrr"

GP
16-08-2012, 02:37 PM

Brrrapp!

Letters
16-08-2012, 03:02 PM
Barcalona :pal:

"And it's Messi...to Chamakh"

Cripps_orig
16-08-2012, 03:05 PM
Disgusting that you mention a CL legend with that ****

KSE Comedy Club
16-08-2012, 04:16 PM
You Are My Arsenal‏@YouAreMyArsenal

Local Barca press starting to report Song deal done - reportedly for £15 mill. #Arsenal (via @BarcaGooner)

Bye!

Marc Overmars
16-08-2012, 04:18 PM
What a bastard if the rumours of him kicking off with Wenget are true.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
16-08-2012, 04:31 PM
bet you we don't replace him...."coquelin is good enough to play in that position, we have diaby back, wilshere will be back...frimpong will be back and will be like a new signing!".......it's the equivalent of being paid a lot of money by a super rich bastard giving you fuck loads to drop your trousers and perpetually dance around singing "i'm a little teapot!"

Obviously Wenger is being paid a lot of money to make himself such a media embarassment, only someone who has been paid a hell of a lot to lie or someone who is mentally ill could thing the squad we had last season was good enough to win something.

LDG
16-08-2012, 04:32 PM
bet you we don't replace him...."coquelin is good enough to play in that position, we have diaby back, wilshere will be back...frimpong will be back and will be like a new signing!".......it's the equivalent of being paid a lot of money by a super rich bastard giving you fuck loads to drop your trousers and perpetually dance around singing "i'm a little teapot!"

Obviously Wenger is being paid a lot of money to make himself such a media embarassment, only someone who has been paid a hell of a lot to lie or someone who is mentally ill could thing the squad we had last season was good enough to win something.

Kind of like when he said the same before cazorla you mean??

KSE Comedy Club
16-08-2012, 04:42 PM
Kind of like when he said the same before cazorla you mean??

Dont you dare start chucking facts around on this MB!!

KSE Comedy Club
16-08-2012, 04:49 PM
The metro have an article that says we will be having talks with Song this week about his long term future with the club.

If he doesnt sign a new deal he will be sold basically.

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/908799-arsenal-to-meet-with-alex-song-this-week-to-discuss-his-future

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
16-08-2012, 05:02 PM
The metro have an article that says we will be having talks with Song this week about his long term future with the club.

If he doesnt sign a new deal he will be sold basically.

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/908799-arsenal-to-meet-with-alex-song-this-week-to-discuss-his-future

The way we didn't with Robin Van Persie last season?......where we might have not ended up in this abject embarrassment of seeing him end up at Man Fucking United,

fakeyank
16-08-2012, 05:09 PM
I am liking AW's new gangster style. Not messing with the shit faces anymore. You either in or you fuck off! Took too many heartbreaks for him to realize but I am liking what I see so far. If in the end, he doesnt sign a replacement (very likely), then he wont be a gangsta anymore in my eyes :(

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
16-08-2012, 05:18 PM
I am liking AW's new gangster style. Not messing with the shit faces anymore. You either in or you fuck off! Took too many heartbreaks for him to realize but I am liking what I see so far. If in the end, he doesnt sign a replacement (very likely), then he wont be a gangsta anymore in my eyes :(

He's more of a Hitler esque autocrat in my opinion, Adolf Hitler didn't trust any of his generals so decided to spearhead the entire counter measures to the allies invasion of Normandy himself, which was fine apart from the fact that he was a tactical incompetent and because he was such a pill popper he wouldn't arise before midday.

KSE Comedy Club
16-08-2012, 08:13 PM
The way we didn't with Robin Van Persie last season?......where we might have not ended up in this abject embarrassment of seeing him end up at Man Fucking United,

Different situation with van Persie.

He had just spent half of his seventh season out injured and only started being fit before the end of the season. Not really the best time to start contract negotiations was it?

And I'll bet RVP wanted to hold off talks until he was in a better position to get a better deal.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
16-08-2012, 10:03 PM
People wanted a change of mentality and the shipping of old players and it seems we're finally getting it. These players have contributed fuck all towards a trophy so maybe them leaving and being replaced with players who actually want to be here may benefit us hugely. Wenger seems to have finally had enough and is shipping the ignorant twats out the team. Songs lacklustre style of play is summed up by his own arrogance, rolling up his shorts in preseason as if he's a don. Good luck at barca pal, you'll be loaned out to malaga in 3 years.

Cripps_orig
16-08-2012, 10:10 PM
Malaga are a CL club tbh

Make it Osasuna or someone

Ollie the Optimist
16-08-2012, 10:13 PM
3 years? he be like helb, on loan after a year and pining to come back to arsenal

Globalgunner
16-08-2012, 10:13 PM
What the heck are we asking him to sign a new contract for?. Hes got 3 years left on his existing. This is all bull. either we want to sell or not.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
17-08-2012, 08:33 AM
Wenger just confirmed in his press conference that song is free to leave arsenal. Quite astonished tbh. Song really must be a c*nt as wenger seems to want to get rid without much of a fight. He still has 3 years of his contract remaining but wenger is happy to let him walk. Song going would pretty much mark the end of the youth project. So much promise but a complete failure on the pitch. Good riddance I say.

LDG
17-08-2012, 08:39 AM
Wenger just confirmed in his press conference that song is free to leave arsenal. Quite astonished tbh. Song really must be a c*nt as wenger seems to want to get rid without much of a fight. He still has 3 years of his contract remaining but wenger is happy to let him walk. Song going would pretty much mark the end of the youth project. So much promise but a complete failure on the pitch. Good riddance I say.

WenGTFO :bow:

GP
17-08-2012, 08:43 AM
I'm happy we are getting rid of these africans.

Syn
17-08-2012, 08:46 AM
Just read about the press conference. Yup, Arsene's said it's possible Song will leave - which of course I Wenger speak means he's gone.

I want a change from Mong so if a new face comes into midfield, I'll be fine with it. If a new player doesn't come, it'll be annoying because there's no real need to sell Song - he'll be worth big money next summer in any case.

Marc Overmars
17-08-2012, 09:11 AM
Hope we can bring in at least 2 more players then.

Song. :wave:

LDG
17-08-2012, 09:12 AM
Hope we can bring in at least

Oh, i see.

Munchies
17-08-2012, 09:34 AM
Song has been a good player over the years, remember his name on here before 'Sideways Song' as he was shit at passing :lol: , but he's developed into providing alot of assists especiallly towards RVP's goals last season. Not a mercenary like everyone else, and would be missed. Hopefully we have a proper replacement signed up or in the pipeline, and that Sahin is not a direct replacement as he's not really that sort of player.

Syn
17-08-2012, 09:35 AM
Just read about the press conference. Yup, Arsene's said it's possible Song will leave - which of course I Wenger speak means he's gone. .

iWengerSpeak would be as well y'know a great app.

LDG
17-08-2012, 09:44 AM
iWengerSpeak would be as well y'know a great app.

I want a Wengapp :bow:

Great reminding tool for taking your keys:

"Do not forget" "your keys"

Awlsome at being your personal physician:

"You have a little cancer"

The ultimate workout encourager:

"Swregfth" "desire" "spiwrit"

Syn
17-08-2012, 09:51 AM
:haha:

AKBapologist
17-08-2012, 09:55 AM
Also... @afcamden :bow: The one true ITK

Olivier's xmas twist
17-08-2012, 10:00 AM
What the heck are we asking him to sign a new contract for?. Hes got 3 years left on his existing. This is all bull. either we want to sell or not.

Yeah why should we offer an 30 year old 3 more years no way is song 24 feck that shite.

LDG
17-08-2012, 10:19 AM
http://www.memecreator.org/static/images/memes/411034.jpg

http://www.memecreator.org/static/images/memes/411042.jpg

GP
17-08-2012, 10:32 AM
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/25047483.jpg

selassie
17-08-2012, 10:33 AM
I reckon we have 1 or maybe 2 deals lined up if Song leaves. I see Villa Boas has come out and said Spurs are not in for M'Vila so he's basically ours if we still retain an interest in him and I reckon we can get him on the cheap too which would obviously please Arsene.

Sahin is still very much on our radar too according to reports.

I like Song as a player and don't want him sold if I'm honest, but I won't begrudge him if he goes, Barca are as good as they get and TBF to Song, he's kept pretty much quiet in all of this saga. At the end of the day we decide the fee, Song has 3 years left on his contract, we do not need to sell him on the cheap.

LDG
17-08-2012, 11:15 AM

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/wenger-no-decision-made-on-song-future

"Midfield is a different area because we have nine or ten midfielders of top-class quality," he said.

"Just today we have six or seven midfielders available, plus Wilshere and Frimpong who are coming back. Diaby is available again, Arteta, Cazorla, Ramsey, and Oxlade-Chamberlain now plays central midfield. This is an area where we have much more freedom to make decisions."

:haha: :haha:

Lord Nelson
17-08-2012, 02:30 PM
I was really optimistic when we made our 3 signings.....it seems to be falling apart like the beginning of last season!

Wenger and the board are turds.............

Marc Overmars
17-08-2012, 03:31 PM
D ‏@AFCAMDEN
Alex Song has officially left Arsenal. Announcement expected over the weekend/monday. Via @TilleysArse.

Another one bites the dust.

Cripps_orig
17-08-2012, 03:34 PM
Afcamden :lol:

Can he be right for once? :popcorn:

Syn
17-08-2012, 03:35 PM
Doesn't sound very convincing. Where is he leaving to? Barcelona, presumably.

Anyway, good. As I've said all throughout last season and now, Mong annoys the hell out of me. And we need a player who can cover more ground more quickly.

fakeyank
17-08-2012, 03:46 PM
Looks like this thread needs to be moved out of the AFC debate section too :lol:

Arsene Wenger fucking bitches, getting money like a Boss! :cool:

Olivier's xmas twist
17-08-2012, 03:47 PM
Doesn't sound very convincing. Where is he leaving to? Barcelona, presumably.

Anyway, good. As I've said all throughout last season and now, Mong annoys the hell out of me. And we need a player who can cover more ground more quickly.

Spot on.

fakeyank
17-08-2012, 03:49 PM
Spot on.

Where you been charlie!?!? :hug:

Welcome back! :tiphat:

Olivier's xmas twist
17-08-2012, 03:53 PM
Where you been charlie!?!? :hug:

Welcome back! :tiphat:

Just took some time off, thanks though.

GP