PDA

View Full Version : Spurs trash talk starts already!

Toronto Gooner
28-05-2011, 01:59 PM
Bale gunning for Gunners: Spurs can finish above Arsenal next season

Gareth Bale is confident that Tottenham are capable of finishing above bitter north London rivals Arsenal in next season's Barclays Premier League.

A Carling Cup defeat aside, Spurs more than matched the Gunners last season, claiming their first away victory at Arsenal for 17 years before coming back from 3-1 down to clinch a point in a pulsating return fixture at White Hart Lane.

Despite this, and Arsenal's dismal end of season form, Harry Redknapp's men were still one position and six points behind their neighbours when the season ended, leaving Spurs to settle for a place in the Europa League.

Arsenal have dominated the fight for north London supremacy in recent years - a notion backed up by the fact that Tottenham have not finished above the Gunners since 1995 - but after seeing his team-mates tear apart Europe's finest in last season's Champions League, Bale thinks Spurs should be optimistic of topping Arsene Wenger's team in next year's championship.

'There's no reason why we can't finish above them,' Bale said.

'We have a great squad, great players who are still young and we are playing great football.

'If we keep progressing like we have done this year, maybe get a few more players in the squad, then there is no reason why not.'

Arsenal have the edge over Tottenham in the head-to-head record between the two teams, but Spurs' undefeated record in the last three league encounters has left Bale optimistic.

He said: 'Every game that we play against Arsenal is like a cup final, especially for the fans. It gives them the bragging rights if we win, and we have certainly been doing that over the last couple of years.'

Spurs brushed aside both Milan giants before reaching the Champions League quarter-final last season, but their poor league form towards the end of the campaign cost them dearly.

When his team were at the peak just before the turn of the year, Redknapp claimed that he could lead them to the title within a few years.

Bale concurs with his manager's position and thinks that the club is on the verge of greatness.

'I think we can achieve something big,' the Welshman said.

'We can win the league inside a few years, definitely.

'It won't be easy with the likes of Manchester City, Man United, Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool spending money but hopefully we will too.

'If we are more consistent against the lower teams in the league then there's every chance of doing what we want to do.'

Bale's season came to a premature end when he suffered ankle ligament damage from a tackle by Charlie Adam during Tottenham's 1-1 draw with Blackpool on May 7.

After suffering back and hamstring problems in the second half of the season, Bale was glad that the injury was not serious and has revealed that he is nearing a return to fitness.

'My ankle is OK. Hopefully I should be running again in a few days,' he said.
Piq that out: Frederic Piquionne heads a winner against Spurs, who dropped too many points against inferior opposition like relegated West Ham

Piq that out: Frederic Piquionne heads a winner against Spurs, who dropped too many points against inferior opposition like relegated West Ham

Defender William Gallas has backed Bale's assertion that the club can challenge for silverware next season, but only if they eradicate the poor form against the weaker teams in the league.

Redknapp's men dropped points against Blackpool, West Ham, Wigan and Wolves last season and Gallas insists Tottenham cannot afford to fall short against poorer opposition next year.

'This team can win a trophy, I'm certain of that, but we have to learn from our experiences,' Gallas said.

'Maybe we haven't been as consistent as we should be and that's got to change. If we want to be champions, if we want to qualify for the Champions League, if we want to win the Premier League then we have to be relentless.

'I've been fortunate to have won trophies and I know what it takes. You have to go out there, raise yourself for every game, and be prepared to suffer just to make sure you get the three points.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1391827/Gareth-Bale-insists-Tottenham-finish-Arsenal-season.html#ixzz1NegbKtCX

Marc Overmars
28-05-2011, 02:05 PM
Oh noes.

Toronto Gooner
28-05-2011, 02:08 PM
I suppose this really goes to show the level of their ambition: everything is compared to doing better than Arsenal. I do not believe that even Man City have that level of inferiority.

The Wengerbabies
28-05-2011, 02:20 PM
I suppose this really goes to show the level of their ambition: everything is compared to doing better than Arsenal. I do not believe that even Man City have that level of inferiority.
Better to have ambition, no matter how short sighted, then not. :(

Boss
28-05-2011, 02:22 PM
They talk the same nonsense every year; this year is the first they came anywhere close to matching it (beat us x2 in the league, further than us in the CL).

Time for Wenger to make sure that doesn't become a regular happening.

The Wengerbabies
28-05-2011, 02:24 PM
They talk the same nonsense every year; this year is the first they came anywhere close to matching it (beat us x2 in the league, further than us in the CL).

Time for Wenger to make sure that doesn't become a regular happening.
They only beat us once in the league (albeit at the Emirates) the other game just felt like a defeat.

Penguin
28-05-2011, 02:33 PM
Everything they do has to be about doing it better than Arsenal. Just look at how excited they got by reaching one stage further than us in the CL. :lol:

Cripps_orig
28-05-2011, 02:47 PM
With Wenger in charge next season and if he doesn't strengthen this summer then it might happen. Spuds will buy, that's for sure. How they got VdV for that cheap last summer was a stroke of genius. Brilliant player

Olivier's xmas twist
28-05-2011, 03:11 PM
Spurs players showing why they will never be good enough to win big trophies. They should be worried about matching the mancs and the chavs and pool too.

when ever they do better then Arsenal it seems to be a good season for them.

GP
28-05-2011, 03:52 PM
Spurs should go die in a fire.

Toronto Gooner
28-05-2011, 04:57 PM
With Wenger in charge next season and if he doesn't strengthen this summer then it might happen. Spuds will buy, that's for sure. How they got VdV for that cheap last summer was a stroke of genius. Brilliant player
It was a really good buy but he faded even further than Arsenal in the second half of the season.

Injury Time
28-05-2011, 06:44 PM
Bale gunning for Gunners: Spurs can finish above Arsenal next season

Gareth Bale is confident that Tottenham are capable of finishing above bitter north London rivals Arsenal in next season's Barclays Premier League.

A Carling Cup defeat aside, Spurs more than matched the Gunners last season, claiming their first away victory at Arsenal for 17 years before coming back from 3-1 down to clinch a point in a pulsating return fixture at White Hart Lane.

Despite this, and Arsenal's dismal end of season form, Harry Redknapp's men were still one position and six points behind their neighbours when the season ended, leaving Spurs to settle for a place in the Europa League.

Arsenal have dominated the fight for north London supremacy in recent years - a notion backed up by the fact that Tottenham have not finished above the Gunners since 1995 - but after seeing his team-mates tear apart Europe's finest in last season's Champions League, Bale thinks Spurs should be optimistic of topping Arsene Wenger's team in next year's championship.

'There's no reason why we can't finish above them,' Bale said.

'We have a great squad, great players who are still young and we are playing great football.

'If we keep progressing like we have done this year, maybe get a few more players in the squad, then there is no reason why not.'

Arsenal have the edge over Tottenham in the head-to-head record between the two teams, but Spurs' undefeated record in the last three league encounters has left Bale optimistic.

He said: 'Every game that we play against Arsenal is like a cup final, especially for the fans. It gives them the bragging rights if we win, and we have certainly been doing that over the last couple of years.'

Spurs brushed aside both Milan giants before reaching the Champions League quarter-final last season, but their poor league form towards the end of the campaign cost them dearly.

When his team were at the peak just before the turn of the year, Redknapp claimed that he could lead them to the title within a few years.

Bale concurs with his manager's position and thinks that the club is on the verge of greatness.

'I think we can achieve something big,' the Welshman said.

'We can win the league inside a few years, definitely.

'It won't be easy with the likes of Manchester City, Man United, Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool spending money but hopefully we will too.

'If we are more consistent against the lower teams in the league then there's every chance of doing what we want to do.'

Bale's season came to a premature end when he suffered ankle ligament damage from a tackle by Charlie Adam during Tottenham's 1-1 draw with Blackpool on May 7.

After suffering back and hamstring problems in the second half of the season, Bale was glad that the injury was not serious and has revealed that he is nearing a return to fitness.

'My ankle is OK. Hopefully I should be running again in a few days,' he said.

Defender William Gallas has backed Bale's assertion that the club can challenge for silverware next season, but only if they eradicate the poor form against the weaker teams in the league.

Redknapp's men dropped points against Blackpool, West Ham, Wigan and Wolves last season and Gallas insists Tottenham cannot afford to fall short against poorer opposition next year.

'This team can win a trophy, I'm certain of that, but we have to learn from our experiences,' Gallas said.

'Maybe we haven't been as consistent as we should be and that's got to change. If we want to be champions, if we want to qualify for the Champions League, if we want to win the Premier League then we have to be relentless.

'I've been fortunate to have won trophies and I know what it takes. You have to go out there, raise yourself for every game, and be prepared to suffer just to make sure you get the three points.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1391827/Gareth-Bale-insists-Tottenham-finish-Arsenal-season.html#ixzz1NegbKtCX

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110122115015/uncyclopedia/images/b/be/Who_gives_a_shit.jpg

Ollie the Optimist
29-05-2011, 01:17 AM
dear monkey boy, your team said this last year. what happened? you fell out the top four.

Darth Vela
29-05-2011, 11:11 AM

Yeah, if 'Arry really doesn't want to be known as a wheeler dealer then he should stop getting fantastic deals on players, although VdV was mostly a case of right place, right time.

Anyway they ain't gonna get close to us, they need either another couple of fantastic deals and a bit of luck in various competitions or oodles of spondoolicks to buy their way up like Citeh.

Toronto Gooner
29-05-2011, 12:56 PM
I thought 'Arry was going to be the next Chelsea manager.:)

LDG
30-05-2011, 05:56 PM
Spuds can fuck off. Cunts.

GP
30-05-2011, 06:11 PM
Bale can fuck off. He runs like a Welshman.

LDG
30-05-2011, 06:22 PM
Spuds can fuck off. Cunts.

IBK
30-05-2011, 08:15 PM
I am concened about many things for next season. Spurs finishing ahead of us isn't one of them.

Japan Shaking All Over
02-06-2011, 09:58 AM
Bale can fuck off. He runs like a Welshman.http://static2.beanscdn.co.uk/modules/SbPicture/picture/a-strange-running-style-indeed-second-place-though--1.jpg

Jens' Face
03-06-2011, 05:34 AM
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110122115015/uncyclopedia/images/b/be/Who_gives_a_shit.jpg

http://cache.blippitt.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/gary-coleman.jpg

whatchoo talkin bout willis?

coys!

Syn
14-05-2012, 03:37 PM
Spurs should go die in a fire.:oPrediction of the season IMO.

GP
14-05-2012, 03:41 PM
:oPrediction of the season IMO.

Nailed it, tbh.

LDG
14-05-2012, 03:41 PM
Spuds can fuck off. ****s.

:gp:

McNamara That Ghost...
14-05-2012, 03:43 PM
http://i50.tinypic.com/ff0as3.jpg

Master Splinter
14-05-2012, 03:54 PM
So has any Spud mouthed off already for next season?

"Yeah to be honest I fink our squad on paper is betta than Arsenal's. The Gaffa has built a great squad to be honest. We iz definitely the best team in Narf Landan now. We av the best midfield in Europe to be honest."

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
14-05-2012, 04:37 PM
Hardly think Bale now cares about Spurs finishing above Arsenal in 2013 considering he won't even be there next season!

Olivier's xmas twist
14-05-2012, 11:31 PM
Hardly think Bale now cares about Spurs finishing above Arsenal in 2013 considering he won't even be there next season!

Yep.

Japan Shaking All Over
15-05-2012, 12:33 AM
So has any Spud mouthed off already for next season?

"Yeah to be honest I fink our squad on paper is betta than Arsenal's. The Gaffa has built a great squad to be honest. We iz definitely the best team in Narf Landan now. We av the best midfield in Europe to be honest."

Your mum is better on paper. . .