PDA

View Full Version : Nuri Sahin

Pages : [1] 2 3

AKBapologist
18-08-2012, 09:32 PM
Do players coming on loan get there own welcome to Arsenal page?

Has packed his bags at RM and should be confirmed early next week.

(Liverpool fans still think he's coming.... :console:)

McNamara That Ghost...
18-08-2012, 09:41 PM
We did for Yossi. Someone had better tell Poldi quietly, Mertesacker is the best bet. Or Eisfeld, he's more expendable.

KSE Comedy Club
18-08-2012, 09:42 PM
Most journo's on twitter reckon he's made his decision today and chosen arsenal. Should be confirmed Monday.

But who knows.

Seymour Butts
18-08-2012, 09:49 PM
Potentially a better player than song so fingers crossed it's a done deal!

Shaqiri Is Boss
18-08-2012, 09:52 PM
He hasn't been named in the squad for Valencia, so I would assume something would happen soon.

Seymour Butts
18-08-2012, 10:02 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoP5ctRMi2E

sahin on wenger.

Posted by 4-3-3 in another thread - no idea when the interview was

AKBapologist
18-08-2012, 11:08 PM
daily-mail:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2190390/Arsenal-hoping-land-Nuri-Sahin-Alex-Song-set-leave-Barcelona.html

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
19-08-2012, 11:07 AM
think the guy just wants to go to a club where is he loved. wenger is known to be a father figure and apparently called him personally to secure the loan deal, well that's exactly what sahin probably wants. he's been left out in the cold by mourinho - who isn't the warmest manager when you're not in his plans - so wenger is the perfect fit.

we also have champions league football which he keeps banging on about.

Syn
19-08-2012, 11:32 AM
Mourinho has said he isn't going to sell him. It's only going to be a year loan. We're not Bolton. I'd rather we looked for permanent deals elsewhere. Well, permanent to the extent that they'll stay for a 3 year loan before going to Real Madrid or Barcelona.

Cripps_orig
19-08-2012, 11:37 AM
If we get him, surely he has to be more creative than Diaby and Arteta otherwise theres no point

McNamara That Ghost...
19-08-2012, 11:42 AM
The team will be broken up again next summer anyway so I don't think one loan signing will make a huge amount of difference. I think Real Madrid will end up selling him anyway next summer.

Marc Overmars
19-08-2012, 11:50 AM
He's on a huge deal at Real Madrid, 6 years I think, so you can see why he's only available on loan. Hopefully we get an option to buy him next summer if he turns out to be #decent.

Xhaka Can’t
19-08-2012, 11:55 AM
We used to have a team of stars known across Europe and we could be proud of that. Now we "create stars" and thé moment they fulfil their promise, we hawk Stars.

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

McNamara That Ghost...
19-08-2012, 02:01 PM
From BBC's live text commentary:

1457: I've been handed a bit of Arsenal news. The Gunners are close to completing the loan signing of Real Madrid midfielder Nuri Sahin. The 23-year-old is set to join on a season-long basis with a view to a permanent move.

:scarf:

Syn
19-08-2012, 02:01 PM
Looks like we've got the fucker with the possibility of a permanent move.

David Ornstein ‏@bbcsport_david
Arsenal close to completing Sahin deal. Season-long loan with view to permanent. Confirmation likely early next week #bbcfootball #afc #rmfc

Master Splinter
19-08-2012, 02:02 PM
David Ornstein ‏@bbcsport_david

Arsenal close to completing Sahin deal. Season-long loan with view to permanent. Confirmation likely early next week #bbcfootball #afc

German-Turks :bow:.

FFS Syn.

I bow to your ITK superiority.

FFS. Just noticed Maccy got in there as well. The benefit of 17,000 monitors and 86 hands :bow:.

McNamara That Ghost...
19-08-2012, 02:03 PM
Real Madrid. :bow:

Always rated them tbf.

KSE Comedy Club
19-08-2012, 02:04 PM
Pretty much, should be confirmed monday.

GP
19-08-2012, 02:05 PM
This gives me a raging boner.

Master Splinter
19-08-2012, 02:09 PM
Liverpool :haha:.

Awlful hijackers :haha:.

Snubbed again :haha:.

Sterling Is Boss :haha:.

Shaqiri Is Boss
19-08-2012, 02:10 PM
Sterling Is Boss :haha:.
*Notes down for when Suarez leaves*

The Wengerbabies
19-08-2012, 02:12 PM
Never heard of him.

What kind of midfielder is he?

Cripps_orig
19-08-2012, 02:13 PM
You've never heard of Nuri Sahin? :blink:

McNamara That Ghost...
19-08-2012, 02:15 PM
Where's Jens Face? This must be such a proud moment for him.

Master Splinter
19-08-2012, 02:17 PM
Five Germans now. :scarf:

Marc Overmars
19-08-2012, 02:18 PM
Sahin. :bow:

What a man.

Cripps_orig
19-08-2012, 02:19 PM
Five Germans now. :scarf:

Podolski, Mertersacker, that Pub Teamer we bought in January who no one can remember

Name the other 2

Master Splinter
19-08-2012, 02:20 PM
Podolski, Mertersacker, that Pub Teamer we bought in January who no one can remember

Name the other 2

Sahin and Frimpong's Son (Gnabry).

Marc Overmars
19-08-2012, 02:21 PM
I'm guessing Sahin can pass as a German because he was born and raised there, so he has all the same attributes anyway, despite playing for Turkey.

Cripps_orig
19-08-2012, 02:23 PM
Sahin and Frimpong's Son (Gnabry).

Sahin is understandable

Never heard of the other dude

Master Splinter
19-08-2012, 02:27 PM
Sahin is understandable

Never heard of the other dude

So until you hear of him, he's of indeterminate nationality?

Cripps_orig
19-08-2012, 02:28 PM
So until you hear of him, he's of indeterminate nationality?Yes

Whatever that means

The Wengerbabies
19-08-2012, 03:07 PM
You've never heard of Nuri Sahin? :blink:

I really haven't followed football much other then Arsenal for a while now tbh. I hadn't heard of Carzola either.

McNamara That Ghost...
19-08-2012, 03:09 PM
Actual article on the BBC site now.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19312810

fakeyank
19-08-2012, 03:36 PM
Where are we going to play all these players we have in the midfield? I just cannot make sense of whats going on? We have Arteta, Cazorla, Ramsey, Wilshere, Sahin, Diaby, Rosicky and none of them are remotely close to a DM. The only person I can see is Coquelin.. I wonder if Cazorla will be pushed to the wings to accommodate more players down the middle! :unsure:

Syn
19-08-2012, 03:42 PM
We were struggling naming CMs for the last game. Worry about that situation if it comes to it.

But I would guess Arteta plays Gilberto. Wilshere/Oxlade plays box-to-box and Sahin plays pre-09 Cesc playmaker. If those three are fit, Cazorla goes wide right.

Marc Overmars
19-08-2012, 03:42 PM
Wouldn't surprise me if we did end up going for M'Vila.

4-3-3
19-08-2012, 05:11 PM
I really haven't followed football much other then Arsenal for a while now tbh. I hadn't heard of Carzola either.

wenger said the same and we signed him the next day..we know where u get this from

4-3-3
19-08-2012, 05:30 PM
Where are we going to play all these players we have in the midfield? I just cannot make sense of whats going on? We have Arteta, Cazorla, Ramsey, Wilshere, Sahin, Diaby, Rosicky and none of them are remotely close to a DM. The only person I can see is Coquelin.. I wonder if Cazorla will be pushed to the wings to accommodate more players down the middle! :unsure:

its good for compatition, last time we had such a luxiary (gil, vieira, edu, ray palour) we won the double.
I think we need to change the play style. and i doubt we are going to win a football match with both gervinho and theo in the starting 11.

hobson's choice
19-08-2012, 05:32 PM
If we get Madrid in the CL, can he play?

Alpha
19-08-2012, 05:35 PM
wenger said the same and we signed him the next day..we know where u get this from

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha . This is a nice one .

4-3-3
19-08-2012, 05:35 PM
If we get Madrid in the CL, can he play?

the unswer is no, unless do pre agreement knowing mourinho he will dissaprove it.

hobson's choice
19-08-2012, 05:37 PM
the unswer is no, unless do pre agreement knowing mourinho he will dissaprove it.

Then it's certain we will get them in the knockout stages

Globalgunner
19-08-2012, 05:41 PM
isnt Eisfeld German too?

4-3-3
19-08-2012, 05:44 PM
isnt Eisfeld German too?

yes
gnaby, eisfeld, mert and poldi

Syn
19-08-2012, 05:50 PM
Petulance :bow:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFna5AYVdis&feature=player_embedded

McNamara That Ghost...
19-08-2012, 06:04 PM
I need to Youtube him from his time at Dortmund, pointless watching the Real Madrid video. :lol:

KSE Comedy Club
19-08-2012, 06:36 PM
Petulance :bow:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFna5AYVdis&feature=player_embedded

"that's what you think is it? That I called you a fucking black ****!"

Seymour Butts
19-08-2012, 07:01 PM
So is it with the option of perm? Some say yes and some say 1 yr loan

AKBapologist
19-08-2012, 07:05 PM
So is it with the option of perm? Some say yes and some say 1 yr loan

Thats the sticking point in the current negotiations.

Grebbo
19-08-2012, 08:41 PM
I understand he played 11 times for Madrid last season so don't expect fireworks any time soon, gonna be rusty as fuck then has to get up to speed with Prem football.

Grebbo
20-08-2012, 11:17 AM
Someone on a Spurs forum said Sahin was confirmed to Arsenal on SSN but I can't see it anywhere on tv or online.

I can't see why a Spud would make it up as it only upsets fellow Spuds. Unless it was a Gooner pretending to be a Spud and was winding them up!

Ollie the Optimist
20-08-2012, 11:20 AM
Just been informed that a deal has now been finalised & Nuri Sahin is now expected to report to the Arsenal training ground after 4pm. #AFC from afcamden

Marc Overmars
20-08-2012, 11:26 AM
Just a formality now.

On to the next one. :popcorn:

LDG
20-08-2012, 11:26 AM
Get in. If true.

@AFCBDEFGHIJKLMNOCAMDEN :bow:

McNamara That Ghost...
20-08-2012, 11:50 AM
F5 time on the Arsenal website. :bow:

Cripps_orig
20-08-2012, 12:33 PM
F5 time on the Arsenal website. :bow:

Think Brock might be too tired after last night tbh

McNamara That Ghost...
20-08-2012, 12:42 PM
It was a fast paced match tbf.

Syn
20-08-2012, 12:46 PM
Very odd move if it's just a year loan.

Seems to be little physical presence in midfield now. We're really going all out on this pass-pass-pass shit which will only work if everyone is very comfortable on the ball. You can't have Diaby's or Ramsey's in there. In fairness, when we've tried the pass-pass-pass shit before, we were reliant on the English players like Cesc which can never work. At least now the right type of players are being picked. But can they handle a humid, summer's night at the Brit? We'll find out shortly.

Japan Shaking All Over
20-08-2012, 01:45 PM
I agree. . .we do need an enforcer because by the sounds of it Sahin is a little more finesse than brawn

A centre three of Sahin, Arteta and Corzorla is not going to stand up to Stoke or the like. . .Diaby now becomes our meathead and he is one tackle away from the physios table.

Bring Sahin in but sury to god when Wenger days we need o,e midfielder he means one permanant signing and not a one year loanee, what happens if things dont work out we are going to be back at square one.

Sahin for Jack MVila for Song, Songs money will pay for MVila so no need to worry. IMO opinion RvCs money goes in Llorente, why let him go to Juve for 18 mil, moreover euros, we can pay that. . .its about time we had quality with back up at every position

saintnickle
20-08-2012, 02:50 PM
I agree. . .we do need an enforcer because by the sounds of it Sahin is a little more finesse than brawn

A centre three of Sahin, Arteta and Corzorla is not going to stand up to Stoke or the like. . .Diaby now becomes our meathead and he is one tackle away from the physios table.

Bring Sahin in but sury to god when Wenger days we need o,e midfielder he means one permanant signing and not a one year loanee, what happens if things dont work out we are going to be back at square one.

Sahin for Jack MVila for Song, Songs money will pay for MVila so no need to worry. IMO opinion RvCs money goes in Llorente, why let him go to Juve for 18 mil, moreover euros, we can pay that. . .its about time we had quality with back up at every position

Songs money has already been spent so the only option is for a loan deal.When will people realise on here that Arsene can only spend what he gets in from the transfers out of players.Bet there wasnt a problem with songs attitue,the club had to sell him to break even.Who else would of brought in 15 million??

saintnickle
20-08-2012, 04:08 PM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/9487891/Arsenal-did-not-sell-Alex-Song-to-Barcelona-because-of-his-unprofessional-attitude-midfielders-agent-insists.html

KSE Comedy Club
20-08-2012, 04:21 PM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/9487891/Arsenal-did-not-sell-Alex-Song-to-Barcelona-because-of-his-unprofessional-attitude-midfielders-agent-insists.html

Yep, he wanted more money, he's got it now :good:

hobson's choice
20-08-2012, 04:29 PM

Always knew it was about money on both sides(bad attitude, cancer, was just the usual bs), Song wanted a new contract, and lets be honest Arsenal with the business model, wanted money from his potential sale.

Oh well, it's business, everyone got what they wanted

Ollie the Optimist
20-08-2012, 05:11 PM
Always knew it was about money on both sides(bad attitude, cancer, was just the usual bs), Song wanted a new contract, and lets be honest Arsenal with the business model, wanted money from his potential sale.

Oh well, it's business, everyone got what they wanted

bollocks. his agent has come out and said that he wanted to reneogaiate his contract. arsenal said wait till september, he said no, used the transfer window to blackmail the club. greedy disloyal ****. tried to blackmail the club who rightly called his bluff and sold him

SayNoMore
20-08-2012, 06:08 PM
Our priority after RVP should have been to HOLD on to our best players. After last summer that should have been goal number 1. RVP aside, the sale of Song is unbelievable, it is ridiculous that we are flogging him for for an average price. The offer was nothing special, he had a few years left and now reports are claiming he wanted a new contract. Lessons still havent been learnt, people can try and claim song was a villain etc but the harsh reality is that we need to SELL in order to buy. How anyone can expect to be title contenders is beyond belief, and please enough of this player hunt where if a player has a different opinion, he is 'poison' to the club.

Joker
20-08-2012, 06:44 PM
bollocks. his agent has come out and said that he wanted to reneogaiate his contract. arsenal said wait till september, he said no, used the transfer window to blackmail the club. greedy disloyal ****. tried to blackmail the club who rightly called his bluff and sold him

Yes, he tried to renegotiate his contract, which isn't surprising given that he's on $50K a week which is the same as Bendtner, Diaby and Chamakh. I don't know why you mention blackmail, it's simply a worker using the transfer window to strengthen his bargaining position. I think it says more about the board's greed than Song that he was on so little in the first place.

SayNoMore
20-08-2012, 07:00 PM
The board surely have to shoulder the blame? How can you defend them in this situation without assassinating Song's character? Somehow i dont think that is the case. Sahin is a great addition though, complimented with Mvilla type of player than i suppose we limited the damage as much as we could. But that is the point, losing Song weakens us extremely, its totally unnecessary of Wenger and co to do it and put us in this position.

selassie
20-08-2012, 09:12 PM
The board surely have to shoulder the blame? How can you defend them in this situation without assassinating Song's character? Somehow i dont think that is the case. Sahin is a great addition though, complimented with Mvilla type of player than i suppose we limited the damage as much as we could. But that is the point, losing Song weakens us extremely, its totally unnecessary of Wenger and co to do it and put us in this position.

It's called transistion and it happens every single summer at Arsenal, if the likes of Theo & Vermaelen have stand out seasons this year they will be off next summer, let's not kid ourselves.

SayNoMore
20-08-2012, 10:05 PM
Transition has been completed a long time ago, this is our 'self sustaining model'. What a load of shite.

AKBapologist
20-08-2012, 10:12 PM
Nuri Sahin is a deep-lying playmaker whom Arsenal want to be able to buy from Real Madrid if he proves a success during his loan spell. Photograph: Peter Dejong/AP
Arsenal continued to negotiate with Real Madrid on Monday over the signing of Nuri Sahin, with the sticking point being what may happen to the midfielder at the end of his proposed season-long loan at the Emirates Stadium.

Arsène Wenger, the Arsenal manager, wants the option to make the transfer permanent but Madrid are reluctant effectively to sign over his rights, in case Sahin were to find exceptional form.

The 23-year-old Turkey international left Borussia Dortmund for Feyenoord on a season-long loan in 2007-08 and the move ignited his career. Feyenoord had no option to buy.

Wenger has long admired Sahin but he has followed him particularly closely this summer as Alex Song edged towards the Arsenal exit. Song has completed a £15m transfer to Barcelona, having undergone a medical on Monday, to leave Wenger with a vacancy in midfield, although the manager did say after Saturday's goalless draw against Sunderland that he is happy enough with the midfield options at his disposal.

He mentioned Abou Diaby and also noted that Jack Wilshere and Tomas Rosicky were on their way back from injury. Arsenal are always cautious when talking about transfers and they do not like to get ahead of themselves.

Madrid have made it clear that they are receptive to the notion of loaning Sahin, with José Mourinho, the Madrid manager, telling him at the beginning of the month that "if you decide to leave, we are going to help you to leave". Sahin moved to Madrid from Dortmund for €10m (£7.8m) last summer but his impact in La Liga was minimal as he struggled in the face of the competition for places from Xabi Alonso, Sami Khedira, Mesut Ozil, Lassana Diarra and Esteban Granero.

Liverpool have attempted to sign Sahin this summer although unlike Arsenal, they do not have Champions League football to offer.

Sahin, a highly technical, deep-lying playmaker, would not appear to be a like-for-like replacement at Arsenal for the imposing Song, even if the Cameroonian is a more creative player than he is sometimes given credit for. He supplied 14 assists in all competitions last season.

Song has departed under a cloud, with his desire to listen to Barcelona's proposal and, latterly, to push for it setting him at odds with Wenger and leading figures at the club, who felt that they deserved greater loyalty. Song's view of his worth to the team also differed from that of Wenger. Arsenal readily accepted Barcelona's bid and there has been the suggestion that Song, because of his highly individual streak, was a bad influence in the dressing-room.

Song feels that any attempts to discredit him have been borne out of Arsenal's need to give the fans an explanation. He believes that he has nothing to prove and the fact that he has joined Barcelona speaks for itself. Arsenal did, though, post a supportive message on their website when they confirmed that the transfer had been completed.

"Everyone at Arsenal would like to thank Alex for his contribution to the club and wish him the best of luck for the future," it read.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/aug/20/arsenal-real-madrid-nuri-sahin

Ollie the Optimist
20-08-2012, 10:25 PM
Yes, he tried to renegotiate his contract, which isn't surprising given that he's on $50K a week which is the same as Bendtner, Diaby and Chamakh. I don't know why you mention blackmail, it's simply a worker using the transfer window to strengthen his bargaining position. I think it says more about the board's greed than Song that he was on so little in the first place.

he neogaiated his contract two years ago so not getting paid enough is his and his agents fault for agreeing to it in the first place

KSE Comedy Club
20-08-2012, 10:33 PM
Don't waste your time ollie.

Some people just cannot stop bashing and blaming the club for everything that happens.

Song has one of the biggest ****s of an agent in top flight football and he did everything he needed to do to get his £4m finders fee.

I do think that song shouldve been on more than £50k a week though, definitely more than bendy and Chakma, but obviously didn't have the patience or loyalty to wait for the transfer window to close.

Ollie the Optimist
20-08-2012, 10:34 PM
Don't waists your time ollie.

Some people just cannot stop bashing and blaming the club for everything that happens.

Song has one of the biggest ****s of an agent in top flight football and he did everything he needed to do to get his £4m finders fee.

I do think that song shouldve been on more than £50k a week though, definitely more than bendy and Chakma, but obviously didn't have the patience or loyalty to wait for the transfer window to close.

he seemed happy with his 50k when he was unproven. with the spetember thing, the club called his bluff and sold him. they tested his loyalty with the wait till september thing, it showed him not to be loyal, wenger wants disloyal ****s out, so told him to fuck off

KSE Comedy Club
20-08-2012, 10:39 PM
he seemed happy with his 50k when he was unproven. with the spetember thing, the club called his bluff and sold him. they tested his loyalty with the wait till september thing, it showed him not to be loyal, wenger wants disloyal ****s out, so told him to fuck off

Oh don't get me wrong, he lapped up that contract when he was a no-one. He was being payed handsomely to not dish out the goods every week.

But yeh, they called him and his agents bluff and they weren't happy, so wenger fucked him off and rightly so.

This wasn't a sale to balance the books or because they didnt want to pay song more money and in this situation I believe what the club have said about him and his attitude is true rather than what song and his agent have.

As those that are blaming the club have said, it didnt make any sense to sell song as he was a good player and we have no one really lined up as such as a replacement, they've only sold him to balance the books.

Well no, that tells me that something has definitely gone on behind closed doors between song and wenger, etc that has pissed wenger off enough for him to fuck song off quickly for a fairly low fee considering his contract length.

SayNoMore
20-08-2012, 10:39 PM
How can you claim to know anything about these players or suggest other agents wouldnt try and renegotiate a better contract especially considering Chakmakh is on a similar wage. Point is he deserved a better contract, and we should have given him one. Even if we dont, selling him is just ridiculous and makes little sense.

GP
20-08-2012, 10:40 PM
How about reading the topic of the thread and discussing that?

Ollie the Optimist
20-08-2012, 10:42 PM
How can you claim to know anything about these players or suggest other agents wouldnt try and renegotiate a better contract especially considering Chakmakh is on a similar wage. Point is he deserved a better contract, and we should have given him one. Even if we dont, selling him is just ridiculous and makes little sense.

just using chamakh as an example because its fucking irrelevant. when song signed this deal, he was unproven and raw and was fucking delighted to get 50k, chamakh had jsut had a good season and scored quite a few goals iirc, he was able to get more wages based on that. you cannot compare the two because they signed at different points and the club saw them in diffferent ways

SayNoMore
20-08-2012, 10:47 PM
So even if we take Chamakh out of the equation, are you really going to say he doesnt deserve to get his contract negotiated?

He had improved and one of our top performers. It seems silly to sell a player if you want to keep him and he wanted to stay just on higher wages. When we can afford to employ shit like squilachi and suddenly people have a problem in rewarding one of your top performers?

Ollie the Optimist
20-08-2012, 10:50 PM
So even if we take Chamakh out of the equation, are you really going to say he doesnt deserve to get his contract negotiated?

do you know what? i am, its his own fault he neogaiated a crap contract and his agents fault.

KSE Comedy Club
20-08-2012, 10:50 PM

I've already said that I think he deserved to be paid more, chamakh was signed on a free and as ollie has said had just had a fairly decent season so was able to negotiate a better wage. Song wasnt as good as he is now when his agent negotiated his contract so was being paid handsomely for his performance at the time. He has improved since and rightly wanted more money than bendy and chakma as they are both shit.

The club told him to wait until September to open talks as he still had 3 years remaining on his contract but him and his agent were too busy eyeing up the money that was being offered by barca.

And again, as you say, selling him is ridiculous and makes little sense........unless he was acting like a twat like the club have said or he would still be an arsenal player and would be on the verge of a better extended deal.

SayNoMore
20-08-2012, 10:52 PM
Yes i see get rid of your top performer because he wants a pay rise. He deserved it simple as.

Ollie the Optimist
20-08-2012, 10:53 PM
there was no rush with songs contract, missing out one more month would be irrelvant because of the amount he earns already. he woudl know the club are busy dealing with more urgent things then a contract with three years left. he only kicked up a fuss in the window to force the clubs hand and take more money off them. if he was loyal he wouldnt ahve minded but he tried to force the club into it, the club called his bluff and now his career is likely to be no better then helbs

SayNoMore
20-08-2012, 10:56 PM
That may be true but im arguing that isnt this what we should expect from footballers? Surely people know by now that the loyalty in a modern player is long gone. If we lost one of our top performers because of a 'couple of weeks' or because he is out for himself then god help us. We need to man up and secure all of our best players and BUILD, not destroy it.

Ollie the Optimist
20-08-2012, 10:56 PM
Yes i see get rid of your top performer because he wants a pay rise. He deserved it simple as.

after one year, im not sure. look most likely he should have been on around 70k a week, but after one season where he was good, doesnt warrent a pay rise. what happens if he was shit this year, we would be moaning about how wenger backs down for players and pays them what they want when they want.

and yes we did right in getting rid of him, i dont twats here who jsut care about money, i want those who are comitted, and forcing a contract dicussion with three years left on the club isntead of waiting two weeks, is enough to kick him out the club and good riddance

Ollie the Optimist
20-08-2012, 10:57 PM
That may be true but im arguing that isnt this what we should expect from footballers? Surely people know by now that the loyalty in a modern player is long gone. If we lost one of our top performers because of a 'couple of weeks' or because he is out for himself then god help us. We need to man up and secure all of our best players and BUILD, not destroy it.

you can only build with people comitted to the project.

SayNoMore
20-08-2012, 10:58 PM
and yes we did right in getting rid of him, i dont twats here who jsut care about money, i want those who are comitted, and forcing a contract dicussion with three years left on the club isntead of waiting two weeks, is enough to kick him out the club and good riddance

Good luck fielding a team with 0 players then if that is how you feel. Petty emotions aside, this is a bad footballing decision. Wenger and co could/should have done more to prevent this from going through. He didnt and once again we have weakened.

Ollie the Optimist
20-08-2012, 10:59 PM
Good luck fielding a team with 0 players then if that is how you feel. Petty emotions aside, this is a bad footballing decision. Wenger and co could/should have done more to prevent this from going through. He didnt and once again we have weakened.

no they shouldnt, they had a player who was telling the club where he thought he should be, demanding more money, late for training and lazy. good ridance

also we have a team, listen to podolski, cazorla, kos, verm, giroud they all renewed/signed because they wanted to be here and want to play for us.

V-Pig
20-08-2012, 11:00 PM
Not sure what any of the above stuff has to do with Sahin, but Twitter is starting with rumours that Sahin deal is stalling over what'll happen at the end of the loan deal with regards to permanent deals etc. Mourinho might yet screw us over.

KSE Comedy Club
20-08-2012, 11:00 PM
Also don't forget that they have already had their fingers burnt by the adebayor situation.

SayNoMore
20-08-2012, 11:01 PM
I read that too, i thought it has been stalling for a couple weeks because of this issue, dont know how they can stall again.

Ollie the Optimist
20-08-2012, 11:02 PM
sahin was at teh training ground today and has had his photoshoot done. pretty late to start stalling again

KSE Comedy Club
20-08-2012, 11:02 PM
Not sure what any of the above stuff has to do with Sahin, but Twitter is starting with rumours that Sahin deal is stalling over what'll happen at the end of the loan deal with regards to permanent deals etc. Mourinho might yet screw us over.
Yeh I think that was the situation this morning but AFCamden said this afternoon that the deal was now sorted and he would be at the training ground at 4pm and announced tomorrow.

At this point I'm more inclined to listen and wait for what Camden has to say about it than the guardian and or other mediots.

Cripps_orig
20-08-2012, 11:04 PM
Twitter :lol:

Sahin is pretty much confirmed if Twitter says the move has stalled

Ollie the Optimist
20-08-2012, 11:05 PM
Yeh I think that was the situation this morning but AFCamden said this afternoon that the deal was now sorted and he would be at the training ground at 4pm and announced tomorrow.

At this point I'm more inclined to listen and wait for what Camden has to say about it than the guardian and or other mediots.

tbh their morning stories of "look at rvp now scoring goals as united win and arsenal fail to score and crisis continues" have now failed so they have to make up some others to make us in a crisis

KSE Comedy Club
20-08-2012, 11:16 PM
Pretty much ollie.

AKBapologist
20-08-2012, 11:20 PM
Not sure why Arsenal just don't try to buy outright, get the player to burn bridges and join us as a first teamer as all of the other ****s try too.
Totally understandable for us to try and get a buy option in the loan agreement - would be terrible for him to have a blinder, then for RM to sell him to city the summer afterwards.

If we're really keen, expect this one to drag on until September 1st.

AKBapologist
20-08-2012, 11:25 PM
Stylish Sahin perfect fit for Wenger as missing piece in Arsenal's jigsaw
German-born Turkey international to seal season-long loan move from Real Madrid today
JACK PITT-BROOKE TUESDAY 21 AUGUST 2012

The final part of Arsenal's summer redesign is due to be completed today with the arrival of Nuri Sahin on loan from Real Madrid.

The 23-year-old midfielder – a Turkey international born in Germany who made his name with home-town club Borussia Dortmund – has struggled to impose himself at the Bernabeu since arriving last summer. But as he makes the opposite journey from Alex Song, exchanging Spain for England, Arsenal will endure no loss of class.

Replacing the Cameroon international with Sahin should mean a more stylish Arsenal side this season. Song was only nominally a defensive midfielder, able to push opponents off the ball with a shrug of his broad shoulders, but not always astute enough to stay close to them. Some of his best contributions at Arsenal, especially in recent seasons, were moments of quick flashes of inspiration.

But Sahin is different. He is an orchestrator, stitching the patterns of play from the heart of the midfield. He is much more authoritative than Song, happier to show for the ball and take responsibility for starting attacks. His passing, over long and short distances, is exceptional. He knows when to retain possession and when to risk it in pursuit of goals. Sahin's approach might be best described as Spanish, in terms of his care of the ball and imagination with it. He is not dissimilar from his new team-mates Santi Cazorla and Mikel Arteta, and they should be able to strike up the natural combinations which intelligent footballers can find in one another.

Although Sahin plays for Turkey due to his parents' heritage, he is German by birth, and has his football roots in the Bundesliga. Born in Lüdenscheid, he came through the ranks at Dortmund and became the youngest player ever to play in the German top flight before his 17th birthday in 2005.

He soon became a regular in midfield, before announcing himself as one of Europe's finest emerging talents in 2010/11 as Dortmund won their first title in nine years. Sahin contributed six goals and eight assists, and was rewarded with the German player of the season awards by both Kicker magazine and the German players' union. That was good enough to earn a move to Real Madrid on a six-year deal last summer, leaving Dortmund wondering how to replace him.

"Sahin exploded during 2010/11," German football journalist Ben Gladwell told The Independent. "So much so that the main question asked after his sale was how Dortmund would be able to defend their title without their key player, similar to questions now about Shinji Kagawa [who has recently joined Manchester United]."

Unfortunately at Madrid Sahin's route has been blocked by many assured midfielders – not least Mesut Ozil, of similar approach, heritage and age. "His style is like Ozil and, ironically, it is probably him keeping him out at Real," added Gladwell. "He's very technically gifted and plays the same position just behind the strikers or out wide, liking the ball at his feet and with a perpetual engine. He goes to get the ball rather than waiting for it to arrive. His goalscoring record is similar to Ozil's too and he probably should be getting more than he does, but creating goals is his real forte."

Real manager Jose Mourinho admitted recently that competition for places was driving Sahin out. "He's a young boy, he wants to play every match," Mourinho said. "In Real Madrid, the situation is not easy. When you don't start well, it is difficult to do it."

Perhaps it was just not the right time for him to establish himself there. But now at a team short of midfielders, who prioritise possession and are desperate to improve, he might have found his perfect place.

Sahin in numbers

31 Times Sahin has played for Turkey.

4 Appearances Sahin made in La Liga for Real Madrid last season.

£8m His transfer fee from Dortmund to Real Madrid in May 2011.

16 Age when he made his league debut for Borussia Dortmund.

2010-11 Season he was voted the Bundesliga's player of the year.

Barcelona confirm Song deal
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/stylish-sahin-perfect-fit-for-wenger-as-missing-piece-in-arsenals-jigsaw-8063426.html

KSE Comedy Club
21-08-2012, 05:56 AM
[QuOTE=goofers;180194]No. It is a "message board a~d you can choose to ignore the tosts you dont lmke. But god forbid somene challenge the baselers "i am a bettev fan than you dont critycise afb, it is tiresome" shit. Who are"you to pell others how to enjoy the game?

If criticisang the jlub is getting on your jerves, ignore such posters --- it is damn easy.!Stop preaching.{/QUOTE]
:lol: the irony of the nast sentence.

I don't think I'

LDG
21-08-2012, 08:19 AM
Buy out clause is the rumoured problem. RM want 14mil, Wenget wants it set at 10mil.

saintnickle
21-08-2012, 09:26 AM
I've already said that I think he deserved to be paid more, chamakh was signed on a free and as ollie has said had just had a fairly decent season so was able to negotiate a better wage. Song wasnt as good as he is now when his agent negotiated his contract so was being paid handsomely for his performance at the time. He has improved since and rightly wanted more money than bendy and chakma as they are both shit.

The club told him to wait until September to open talks as he still had 3 years remaining on his contract but him and his agent were too busy eyeing up the money that was being offered by barca.

And again, as you say, selling him is ridiculous and makes little sense........unless he was acting like a twat like the club have said or he would still be an arsenal player and would be on the verge of a better extended deal.

Do you believe a word the club says???cos i dont .Bet anyone on here that songs money isnt reinvested.A no brainer for a club who is hell bent on making money ,sell one of your best players for 15 m and replace him with one on loan.££££££££££££

LDG
21-08-2012, 09:30 AM
Do you believe a word the club says???cos i dont .Bet anyone on here that songs money isnt reinvested.A no brainer for a club who is hell bent on making money ,sell one of your best players for 15 m and replace him with one on loan.££££££££££££

But really (Vela and some other loanees apart as they don't really matter) we've sold two and bought three so far :unsure:

KSE Comedy Club
21-08-2012, 09:45 AM

Yeh I do, because I don't believe the words of a cancerous agent.

selassie
21-08-2012, 09:47 AM
Buy out clause is the rumoured problem. RM want 14mil, Wenget wants it set at 10mil.

Sigh....we're always haggling over loose change. I really hope this deal doesn't collapse over the valuation of the player, I mean he's either good enough or not good enough, if he plays to the level he is capable of (Dortmund days) then he will be well worth the 14million. He was easily a 20mill + player prior to his move to Madrid and they only got him on the cheap due to his contract situation.

KSE Comedy Club
21-08-2012, 09:47 AM
But really (Vela and some other loanees apart as they don't really matter) we've sold two and bought three so far :unsure:
Nah, we can only buy when we have sold our best players.

At least that's what the usual argument is.

LDG
21-08-2012, 09:50 AM
Sigh....we're always haggling over loose change. I really hope this deal doesn't collapse over the valuation of the player, I mean he's either good enough or not good enough, if he plays to the level he is capable of (Dortmund days) then he will be well worth the 14million. He was easily a 20mill + player prior to his move to Madrid and they only got him on the cheap due to his contract situation.

I wish I had 4 million in loose change :(

saintnickle
21-08-2012, 09:51 AM
Nah, we can only buy when we have sold our best players.

At least that's what the usual argument is.

And i suppose you believe everything the club ,board and our manager say.I will have a wager with you that songs money has already been spent and we will not be paying for anymore players to come in.

KSE Comedy Club
21-08-2012, 09:52 AM

Yeh, we should never try and get the price down when we want to buy a player. Just shut up and pay what were told.

:rolleyes:

selassie
21-08-2012, 09:58 AM
Yeh, we should never try and get the price down when we want to buy a player. Just shut up and pay what were told.

:rolleyes:

Who said anything about never trying to drive the price down? Oh and what's with the rolling of your eyes...got a blindfold over them or something?

For sure we should negotiate but I really don't think we hold too many cards in this deal, we're in desperate need of a new midfielder and if Arsene is as keen on the player as he appears, after all he's been following him for 7 years then maybe just maybe we should take a hit on this one.

I'm all for us not overpaying but we've on quite a few occassions come unstuck with our rigid valuations of players.

KSE Comedy Club
21-08-2012, 09:59 AM
And i suppose you believe everything the club ,board and our manager say.I will have a wager with you that songs money has already been spent and we will not be paying for anymore players to come in.

I dont really care tbh.

They talk as much shit as everyone else. I really don't see what people are trying to achieve by continuously slagging off the board/manager/club.

Is the goal to get everyone here on this mb to hate arsenal and do nothing but piss and moan about everything that is wrong and everything that isn't?

Fuck that, I'd rather watch the team play and support them every week and at least try and get some enjoyment out of the game.

selassie
21-08-2012, 10:00 AM

Well yeah not quite loose change...but for the sake of arguments I don't actually think we should be rigid on this one due to the needs of the team etc.

Sahin has a very high ceiling too...if Wenger develops his game I believe he will turn into a World Class Player, 14 million would be a snip.

gooners
21-08-2012, 10:17 AM
I dont really care tbh.

They talk as much shit as everyone else. I really don't see what people are trying to achieve by continuously slagging off the board/manager/club.

Is the goal to get everyone here on this mb to hate arsenal and do nothing but piss and moan about everything that is wrong and everything that isn't?

Fuck that, I'd rather watch the team play and support them every week and at least try and get some enjoyment out of the game.

No. It is a message board and you can choose to ignore the posts you dont like. But god forbid someone challenge the baseless "i am a better fan than you dont criticise afc, it is tiresome" shit. Who are you to tell others how to enjoy the game?

If criticising the club is getting on your nerves, ignore such posters --- it is damn easy. Stop preaching.

Olivier's xmas twist
21-08-2012, 10:33 AM
:lol: the irony of tle last rentence.

I dkn't think I'm a better fan than anyone else here. Im not telling anyone else hoW to enjoy the game either, please show me where I have done so.

All I have said is how I prefer to look at things.

You do know who your replying too ?

selassie
21-08-2012, 10:45 AM
[QUOTE=Jeebus;180198]Well if were taking him on loan and$reports are accurate, the. It's gonna cost us 2/5m euro3 for the initial loan fee, plusawages of £70k pw. That works out at about £3.9m in wages alone.

So it'll c/st us avound 7m!euros total for

selassie
21-08-2012, 11:04 AM
It's no different to everyone else being hung up about how the club doesn't spend it's money :shrug:

If we get him for a low fee then that's excellent for us. I'm sure if he has a good season and wenger wants to keep him then we will pay the asking price come the end of the season. At this stage it's just us trying to get a better deal and I don't see anything wrong with that.

Well I think folks including myself tend to get a bit disillusioned when the club sells it's best players every single summer and doesn't sufficiently invest in replacements. It's been going on for a while now so it's not knee jerk.

To be fair this season we have been very active in the market and I'm happy with the business we've done so far, good quality players have come in.

But yeah, I accept that you do have to negotiate but there is certainly a time and a place for it, we're in desperate need of a top quality new midfielder, make no mistake about that.

Ollie the Optimist
21-08-2012, 11:06 AM
Well I think folks including myself tend to get a bit disillusioned when the club sells it's best players every single summer and doesn't sufficiently invest in replacements. It's been going on for a while now so it's not knee jerk.

To be fair this season we have been very active in the market and I'm happy with the business we've done so far, good quality players have come in.

But yeah, I accept that you do have to negotiate but there is certainly a time and a place for it, we're in desperate need of a top quality new midfielder, make no mistake about that.

we sold our best player of last year, rvc, and replaced him with giroud, podolski and cazorla, i think thats suffcient reinvestment dont you?

selassie
21-08-2012, 11:07 AM
we sold our best player of last year, rvc, and replaced him with giroud, podolski and cazorla, i think thats suffcient reinvestment dont you?

I see your doing your selective reading of posts. Read my post again Ollie.

Olivier's xmas twist
21-08-2012, 11:11 AM
Pretty much.

Agreed, the way people go on you'd think Aw or the board murded their cats and returned them to them.

Joker
21-08-2012, 11:13 AM
We've failed to sign players in the past due to penny pinching (Xabi Alonso springs to mind, and the same thing nearly happened with Arshavin). Sometimes our single minded focus on cost minimisation causes problems on the football side of things. Hopefully the same doesn't happen with Sahin (although tbf it looks like the deal will go through)

Olivier's xmas twist
21-08-2012, 11:20 AM
We've failed to sign players in the past due to penny pinching (Xabi Alonso springs to mind, and the same thing nearly happened with Arshavin). Sometimes our single minded focus on cost minimisation causes problems on the football side of things. Hopefully the same doesn't happen with Sahin (although tbf it looks like the deal will go through)

It be a new loan if we can't get players on loan cause were tight.

KSE Comedy Club
21-08-2012, 11:52 AM
Actually I think xabi alsonso is the only player of note we've missed out on because we wouldn't pay the extra.

GP
21-08-2012, 11:59 AM
Actually I think xabi alsonso is the only player of note we've missed out on because we wouldn't pay the extra.

Yeah, he definitely would have chosen us over Real Madrid...

KSE Comedy Club
21-08-2012, 12:16 PM
Yeah, he definitely would have chosen us over Real Madrid...
It was us not paying the extra £2m that tipped him over the edge tbf.

Shaqiri Is Boss
21-08-2012, 12:19 PM
Rafa trying to replace him with Gareth fucking Barry probably helped though.

Gareth fucking Barry.

Cripps_orig
21-08-2012, 12:20 PM
It was us not paying the extra £2m that tipped him over the edge tbf.

Real Madrid came in after we wouldnt pay up so it wouldnt have been a case of us or Real but of course, some people would do anything to back Wenger and make things up

Cripps_orig
21-08-2012, 12:20 PM
Rafa trying to replace him with Gareth fucking Barry probably helped though.

Gareth fucking Barry.

Title winner tbf

Özim
21-08-2012, 12:26 PM
Ask PHW he might give it to you.

Marc Overmars
21-08-2012, 12:28 PM

Well, the only player who was made public anyway.

Özim
21-08-2012, 12:31 PM
We also sold Song, that's 2 first teamers out (and a few others on their way out).

The signings have been good this year, but we're really only one player up, in addition I think we've recovered all the money we spent. IMO seeing as we've lost two players we need to add a couple more, if we stopped here it would be the equivalent of making on signing (if we hadn't sold), though you could argue RVP was more valuable than the average player to us, we bought replacements but not at the same level as him (at this stage anyway), he's one of the best in the world and neither of our forwards are at the moment.

KSE Comedy Club
21-08-2012, 12:32 PM
Real Madrid came in after we wouldnt pay up so it wouldnt have been a case of us or Real but of course, some people would do anything to back Wenger and make things up

I think you meant to quote GP.

McNamara That Ghost...
21-08-2012, 12:34 PM
:lol:

Like that is going to happen. Also, if nothing changes between now and 6:30pm, I'll post what is said on Revista about Sahin.

KSE Comedy Club
21-08-2012, 12:35 PM
Well, the only player who was made public anyway.

Well yes.

Its always said that we've missed out on players because of our penny pinching, when the only knowledge we have is that of alsonso.

1 player.

GP
21-08-2012, 12:36 PM

:haha:

You're probably better off just addressing the adults.

Cripps_orig
21-08-2012, 12:37 PM
Who?

Marc Overmars
21-08-2012, 12:37 PM
Well yes.

Its always said that we've missed out on players because of our penny pinching, when the only knowledge we have is that of alsonso.

1 player.

Yeah but it's not really a huge leap to say our haggling may have cost us players in the past. In fairness, it's probably true for many other clubs as well who don't want to pay OTT or may only have a certain budget to stick to.

KSE Comedy Club
21-08-2012, 12:41 PM
Yeah but it's not really a huge leap to say our haggling may have cost us players in the past. In fairness, it's probably true for many other clubs as well who don't want to pay OTT or may only have a certain budget to stick to.

I agree. But this is another stick that is used to beat the club with, on here, by some.

I'm sure there are plenty of clubs that do the same as us and dont sign players because they have their monetary limits so I don't see why we should be criticised for doing the same.

The Wengerbabies
21-08-2012, 12:42 PM
What caused the beef between Ach and GP anyway?

GP
21-08-2012, 12:42 PM
What caused the beef between Ach and GP anyway?

Who?

Cripps_orig
21-08-2012, 12:45 PM
Back on topic

Sahin is worth £14m so we should pay that straight up and just sign the dude permanently

Marc Overmars
21-08-2012, 12:47 PM
I agree. But this is another stick that is used to beat the club with, on here, by some.

I'm sure there are plenty of clubs that do the same as us and dont sign players because they have their monetary limits so I don't see why we should be criticised for doing the same.

In the specific case of Alonso, it was daft of us not to pay a bit more. Instead we started that season with Denilson and Eboue in midfield. :lol:

Cripps_orig
21-08-2012, 12:52 PM
I agree with not paying over the odds for mediocre average players.

For Alonso who is one of the best in the world at what he does, hes worth it

Rather him than any of our CMs atm

fakeyank
21-08-2012, 12:55 PM

We missed out on Mark Schwarzer when Almunia was stinking up the place for 1 million, I think... shame really! What we couldve done with a GK with brains :banghead:

selassie
21-08-2012, 12:58 PM
Well yes.

1 player.

We missed out on Angel D'Maria too due to penny pinching. It was quite widely reported.

We've definitely got form for it. I'm not talking about us overpaying millions on players, but being a million pounds short of the valuation and refusing to budge on principle is stupid IMHO.

selassie
21-08-2012, 12:59 PM
Back on topic

Sahin is worth £14m so we should pay that straight up and just sign the dude permanently

Yep, agree with this.

Olivier's xmas twist
21-08-2012, 01:07 PM
Back on topic

You mean the guy who Jose said Won't be sold good luck with that.

Olivier's xmas twist
21-08-2012, 01:09 PM
:gp:

Does PHW stand for Patrick Harris Williams

selassie
21-08-2012, 01:11 PM
You mean the guy who Jose said Won't be sold good luck with that.

TBF I think he means that we should just accept that he's probably worth 14million in the current market and complete the loan to buy deal.

I dunno...we maybe talking about a situation that doesn't exist as it's just rumours but I'd happily pay 14million for Sahin in todays market, what do we have to lose? If we don't want him we don't have to buy him anyway.

LDG
21-08-2012, 01:13 PM

He probably does actually have 4 million in loose change down the back of his sofa.

He probably knowingly empties his pockets down the back of said sofa, whilst smoking cigars and quaffing brandy.

Olivier's xmas twist
21-08-2012, 01:13 PM
TBF I think he means that we should just accept that he's probably worth 14million in the current market and complete the loan to buy deal.

I dunno...we maybe talking about a situation that doesn't exist as it's just rumours but I'd happily pay 14million for Sahin in todays market, what do we have to lose? If we don't want him we don't have to buy him anyway.

Oh yeah i deffo agree with Ach he is worth that, but it depends on Jose and will he sell.

Olivier's xmas twist
21-08-2012, 01:16 PM
He probably does actually have 4 million in loose change down the back of his sofa.

He probably knowingly empties his pockets down the back of said sofa, whilst smoking cigars and quaffing brandy.

So what your saying is? well i don't really know what your saying tbh :lol:

Cripps_orig
21-08-2012, 01:19 PM
You mean the guy who Jose said Won't be sold good luck with that.Every player has a price

LDG
21-08-2012, 01:20 PM
So what your saying is? well i don't really know what your saying tbh :lol:

Now you know what it's like.

Olivier's xmas twist
21-08-2012, 01:22 PM
Now you know what it's like.

:lol: thats why you a top poster on here LDG.

GP
21-08-2012, 01:26 PM
LDG :bow:

Always keeping his pimp hand strong

Japan Shaking All Over
21-08-2012, 02:54 PM
Just read through this thread from page 7 and I am still none the wiser whether Sahin has signed with us or not :shrug: . . .I think he has?

Olivier's xmas twist
21-08-2012, 02:56 PM
Just read through this thread from page 7 and I am still none the wiser whether Sahin has signed with us or not :shrug: . . .I think he has?

Not

Japan Shaking All Over
21-08-2012, 03:03 PM
:good: Thanks Charlie

Just trawled some websites and found that. . .haggling over the keep/buy clause right?

Olivier's xmas twist
21-08-2012, 03:15 PM
:good: Thanks Charlie

Just trawled some websites and found that. . .haggling over the keep/buy clause right?

No pro.

LDG
21-08-2012, 04:01 PM
Twitter :bow:

Sahin has been training with us today :haha:

Ollie the Optimist
21-08-2012, 04:03 PM
Twitter :bow:

Sahin has been training with us today :haha:

how do you know that or is taht what twitter is saying?

Olivier's xmas twist
21-08-2012, 04:06 PM
how do you know that or is taht what twitter is saying?

Think LDG is taking what as known as the Piss.

LDG
21-08-2012, 04:15 PM
http://gingers4limpar.com/?p=2017

Excellent article.

But nope :sulk:

No :sulk:

Song was the DM.

He was!!!!! :angry:

Oh.

No he wasn't.

Anyway. Brilliant analysis.

Static
21-08-2012, 04:58 PM
http://gingers4limpar.com/?p=2017

Excellent article.

But nope :sulk:

No :sulk:

Song was the DM.

He was!!!!! :angry:

Oh.

No he wasn't.

Anyway. Brilliant analysis.

Good read, nice one.

Ollie the Optimist
21-08-2012, 05:25 PM
Good read, nice one.

you need to your name mate :good:

Static
21-08-2012, 05:51 PM
you need to your name mate :good:
Is this better?

McNamara That Ghost...
21-08-2012, 05:56 PM
On Revista: Balague said this should be announced fairly soon (he said next few hours but I doubt that) - doesn't sound like there will be a 'to buy' option but I'm not sure he's going to know the ins and outs of it, until the actual thing is announced.

Unai Tea
21-08-2012, 06:08 PM
Is this better?

How'd you do that? :(

McNamara That Ghost...
21-08-2012, 06:09 PM

He PM'd me.

AKBapologist
21-08-2012, 07:26 PM
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11827/8008360/

sent from a fone

Olivier's xmas twist
21-08-2012, 07:39 PM
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11827/8008360/

sent from a fone
Bout time too.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
21-08-2012, 07:53 PM
would still rather have m'villa to be honest

KSE Comedy Club
21-08-2012, 11:05 PM
We have got Sahin and have secured the buyout clause at the end of the season.

Some places say its 14m euros some say its £14m.

Either way, that's a good piece of business.

selassie
21-08-2012, 11:40 PM
We have got Sahin and have secured the buyout clause at the end of the season.

Some places say its 14m euros some say its £14m.

Either way, that's a good piece of business.

:good:

AKBapologist
22-08-2012, 07:09 AM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2191666/Arsenal-sign-Nuri-Sahin.html?ITO=socialnet-twitter-arsenalmail&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed
Re: Mondays photoshoot.

sent from a fone

LDG
22-08-2012, 09:48 AM
Deal going through apparently, but no buy out clause.

We get first option on him if they decide to sell.

4-3-3
22-08-2012, 10:29 AM
Deal going through apparently, but no buy out clause.

We get first option on him if they decide to sell.

i am not so sure wenger will take in a player so young on loan without any options.

AKBapologist
22-08-2012, 10:40 AM
He's on 120k a week at RM anyway, not sure he'd walk away from that without given a really good reason.

LDG
22-08-2012, 11:10 AM
Jamie Sanderson ‏@YoungGunsBlog
José Mourinho confirms Nuri Sahin is on his way to England. 'He needs to play. He can learn new skills in Premier League'

KSE Comedy Club
22-08-2012, 11:15 AM
AS says we do have buyout clause of 17m euros.

Marc Overmars
22-08-2012, 11:16 AM
Just a case of it being confirmed now on Arsenal.com.

Nuri. :bow:

LDG
22-08-2012, 11:16 AM
AS says we do have buyout clause of 17m euros.

That would be ##

Cripps_orig
22-08-2012, 11:18 AM
Just a case of it being confirmed now on Arsenal.com.

Nuri. :bow:

Fuck Arsenal.com

Whats ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZCamden got to say about it?

Marc Overmars
22-08-2012, 11:22 AM
Dean Harry ‏@AFCAMDEN

I've no further update on Sahin. Club had made preparations for his arrival on Monday afternoon, but I have had no news since.

:rose:

Cripps_orig
22-08-2012, 11:23 AM
Twitter :haha:

Camden :haha:

Awlful place

Marc Overmars
22-08-2012, 11:25 AM
Camden is pretty awesome tbf.

LDG
22-08-2012, 11:27 AM
Twitter :haha:

Camden :haha:

Awlful place

http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2012/08/22/3322954/sahin-set-to-complete-season-long-arsenal-move

Cripps_orig
22-08-2012, 11:32 AM
Sahins here :bow:

LDG
22-08-2012, 11:37 AM

McNamara That Ghost...
22-08-2012, 11:42 AM
F5 time. :bow:

Shaqiri Is Boss
22-08-2012, 11:43 AM
Jamie Sanderson ‏@YoungGunsBlog
José Mourinho confirms Nuri Sahin is on his way to England. 'He needs to play. He can learn new skills in Premier League'
He didn't name a club!

There's still hope!

LDG
22-08-2012, 11:47 AM
There's still hope!

Though, sadly, not for your face :rose:

Shaqiri Is Boss
22-08-2012, 12:01 PM
Though, sadly, not for your face :rose:
http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs2/1818764_o.gif

Grebbo
22-08-2012, 12:09 PM
This deal is taking fucking forever!!!!

Cripps_orig
22-08-2012, 12:14 PM
This deal is taking fucking forever!!!!

Welcome to Arsenal

Cripps_orig
22-08-2012, 12:16 PM
Tbf to Arsenal.com, the far more important story of Holland and Ampadu joining our academy is rightly taking centre stage

LDG
22-08-2012, 12:46 PM
Tbf to Arsenal.com, the far more important story of Holland and Ampadu joining our academy is rightly taking centre stage

http://www.memecreator.org/static/images/memes/429302.jpg

Grebbo
22-08-2012, 02:13 PM
I've got a bad feeling about this

LDG
22-08-2012, 02:15 PM
Me too. Reckon it might fall through.

McNamara That Ghost...
22-08-2012, 02:18 PM
It'll be fine.

Cripps_orig
22-08-2012, 02:20 PM
Whats taking so long?

LDG
22-08-2012, 02:22 PM
Whats taking so long?

Still haggling over this buy out clause I think.

Master Splinter
22-08-2012, 02:22 PM
Me too. Reckon it might fall through.

http://www.mememaker.net/static/images/memes/618650.jpg

LDG
22-08-2012, 02:23 PM
http://www.mememaker.net/static/images/memes/618650.jpg

Ampadu :bow:

Cripps_orig
22-08-2012, 02:24 PM
Chances are we probably wont buy him anyway

If he flops then we'll send him back

If he succeeds, bigger and better clubs than us will come in for him or Real will want to keep him

So just get the loan sealed and lets move on to getting a defender, striker, right back and keeper

Cripps_orig
22-08-2012, 04:18 PM
Real Madrid boss Jose Mourinho expects Nuri Sahin to join a Premier League club before the close of the transfer window but remains noncommittal on the futures of Ricardo Carvalho and Kaka.

Turkish midfielder Sahin has been strongly linked with both Liverpool and Tottenham but is now set to join Arsenal on a 12-month loan deal with a purchase clause.

Amidst suggestions, however, that the Portuguese boss was eager not to allow Sahin to join a Champions League rival, Mourinho insists that he does not care where the midfielder ends up.

"I want him to play, for him to go somewhere to play. The Premier League could teach him new aspects of his game but I don't mind where he goes," he told reporters.

"It's not at all true that there's any one club to which I would prefer that he went. It doesn't matter to me, I just hope that it's sorted for him soon.

"It's absolutely fine with me whether he goes to Arsenal, Liverpool or Tottenham."

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/08/22/3323527/mourinho-backs-sahin-for-premier-league-switch-but-remains

Hardly sounds like a done deal

McNamara That Ghost...
22-08-2012, 05:15 PM
I think that's just Mourinho stating he doesn't have an issue with where he goes i.e it's up to the player.

Özim
22-08-2012, 06:43 PM
Navas is a class player, not sure we're interested though, are we looking for another Winger.

Would love him here and at 15 million Euro that would be a real snip.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
22-08-2012, 07:38 PM
Navas is a class player, not sure we're interested though, are we looking for another Winger.

if another winger comes in i'd be seriously worried about walcott leaving.

Cripps_orig
22-08-2012, 07:39 PM
I wouldnt

I like Theo. Very good player but if he doesnt want to sign a contract then he can do one tbh

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
22-08-2012, 07:43 PM
oh dont get me wrong i dont give a fuck about any of our players anymore and i certainly wont be getting emotionally attached to them ever again but theo leaving would be a huge footballing loss for our team.

Cripps_orig
22-08-2012, 07:48 PM
He'd be a loss but no doubt we'll bring in some replacement who will do well.................... and be sold in a few years as well

Kyle?
22-08-2012, 09:18 PM
He'd be a loss but no doubt we'll bring in some replacement who will do well.................... and be sold in a few years as well

If theo leaves and we replace him with Navas, then surely we've made a huge upgrade at the position? Navas is top quality.

Cripps_orig
22-08-2012, 09:20 PM
I dont think hes better than Theo imo

But should Theo leave and we do get Navas then Navas is the one of the best players ever and Theo is a ****

The Realist
22-08-2012, 10:17 PM
According to the latest reports from the Spanish press (Marca), Nuri Sahin has emptied his locker at Real Madrid and will join Arsenal on loan soon. It was thought Sahin would join Arsenal earlier this week, but the deal stalled when the clubs couldn't reach an agreement on whether or not an option to buy would be included. It's thought that he'll be part of the squad to face Stoke at the weekend and could possibly start in a midfield trio with Mikel Arteta and Santi Cazorla, although I think it's more likely we'll see Abou Diaby starting.
Marca also report that Wenger has been a big admirer or Sahin for several years and failed to sign him from Dortmund. you heard it first..

Cripps_orig
22-08-2012, 10:21 PM
you heard it first..

Are you AFCamden?

McNamara That Ghost...
22-08-2012, 10:21 PM
Taking it as read that is true given you didn't bother to provide a link, it'll needed to be completed by Friday afternoon for him to be eligible for Sunday, I think. Guess it will be finalised tomorrow, just maybe not announced.

Cripps_orig
22-08-2012, 10:23 PM
Press conference at 7pm

McNamara That Ghost...
22-08-2012, 10:28 PM
FL, MF, JN and JW all to walk in behind NS.

AKBapologist
22-08-2012, 10:35 PM
350 appearances, 33 goals, 73 assists, vs 221 appearances, 42 goals, 40 assists tbh. (navas vs walcott)

Japan Shaking All Over
23-08-2012, 12:25 AM
Im not too sure whether in every case, not signing a contract equates to being a **** but I do agree that such players should be considered surplus, especially if in the event of us at least making an effort to get them to sign.

I dont feel particularly aggrieved to have lost the players who have waljed so far as we have made an effort/continue to make an effort to bring in quality. . .we are no longer looking like we have the scrape by with what we have approach anymore.

This goes for Theo, he has put up some numbers but his inconsistentcies are at best maddening - if he decided to walk as well then I can think of worse replacements than Navas

4-3-3
23-08-2012, 08:08 AM
http://www.marca.com/2012/08/23/en/football/real_madrid/1345703549.html

LDG
23-08-2012, 08:13 AM

Boss
23-08-2012, 08:14 AM
Will backhand a bitch if this doesn't go through.

McNamara That Ghost...
23-08-2012, 08:34 AM

Clearly Marca have as much of a clue as we do.

4-3-3
23-08-2012, 08:38 AM
i love mourinho, if we had him at arsenal, we would never have sold any player to united or city..he dont care how much money the bord is getting, he just want to win every thing and make oponents weaker.:haha:

LDG
23-08-2012, 08:50 AM

Clearly Marca have as much of a clue as we do.

This stinks of money, and who's getting what part of it.

I wouldn't be suprised if Sahin's team, or Madrid have leaked that to the press as a way of warning us to deal and deal quickly.

They just don't want to sell to us. And it is apparent that Wenger has been after this dude for years, and I would have thought, wants to buy him. So that buy out clause is likely the thing holding everything up.

Grebbo
23-08-2012, 08:56 AM
Madrid don't only want to loan, we want to buy.

Deal is dead IMO.

McNamara That Ghost...
23-08-2012, 08:56 AM
It's either that, or Modric. Not that he'll be going to Tottenham but if it proves impossible for Real Madrid to get him, then they'd be loath to let Sahin go, I think.

McNamara That Ghost...
23-08-2012, 09:01 AM
http://www.turkish-football.com/news_read.php?id=3382

LDG
23-08-2012, 09:03 AM
BTW. Fair play to Sahin in all of this. Kept his mouth shut. Normally the player would be whoring themselves everywhere. Nice to see.

LDG
23-08-2012, 09:05 AM
http://www.turkish-football.com/news_read.php?id=3382

That's tripe too :lol:

YoungGunsBlog is good, but to use him as the basis to the story :haha:

GP
23-08-2012, 09:08 AM
goal.com :haha:

McNamara That Ghost...
23-08-2012, 09:12 AM
I haven't checked Tribal Football for a long time - they were always good for a laugh.

Joker
23-08-2012, 09:18 AM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2192404/Nuri-Sahin-set-join-Liverpool-Arsenal.html

McNamara That Ghost...
23-08-2012, 09:22 AM
That's just copying what Marca said. :lol:

LDG
23-08-2012, 09:40 AM
It does give you an insight into how this all works, and how much bullshit is in the media.

Why do people waste their time.

Impatience obviously sells :lol:

McNamara That Ghost...
23-08-2012, 09:46 AM
It helps them to cover all eventualities too, especially after declaring we had signed him before on the website. :lol:

KSE Comedy Club
23-08-2012, 10:03 AM
I'm already fucked off with this whole thing.

His agent is apparently talking to pool over a possible last minute u-turn.

Well fuck off then, we need to be concentrating on getting in other, permanent replacements.

Japan Shaking All Over
23-08-2012, 10:32 AM
I am forcing myseld to put up with all this bullshit swings and round abouts because I really wamt us to land this guy. . .think he can be very effective and a great signing

Grebbo
23-08-2012, 10:39 AM
I am forcing myseld to put up with all this bullshit swings and round abouts because I really wamt us to land this guy. . .think he can be very effective and a great signing

Yeah but is there any point if it's just a season loan?

And remember the last player we loaned from RM!

McNamara That Ghost...
23-08-2012, 10:47 AM
The German SSN (is there such a thing?) are saying he is having a medical at Arsenal. :lol:

And Grebbo, I think Sahin is better than Baps tbf.

Ah, it's Sky Sport. http://www.arsenalnews.co.uk/ssn-de-sahin-to-arsenal-complete-medical-done/

Speculation. :bow:

LDG
23-08-2012, 10:56 AM
Rumours :bow:

Fleetwood Mac :bow:

saintnickle
23-08-2012, 11:14 AM
I'm already fucked off with this whole thing.

His agent is apparently talking to pool over a possible last minute u-turn.

Well fuck off then, we need to be concentrating on getting in other, permanent replacements.
Yes but permanent replacements cost money.We can even haggle our way to get someone in on loan for nothing.So much for the new arsenal,we just seem to be following the same pattern of penny pinching year on year.No wonder van persie and song wanted rid.

LDG
23-08-2012, 11:38 AM
No Sahin in the RM squad for tonight.

KSE Comedy Club
23-08-2012, 11:47 AM
The independent is running with the medical story as well.

Some twitter people saying some guy from the bbc says he isn't having a medical.

So again, fuck knows.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/real-madrid-midfielder-nuri-sahin-passes-medical-at-arsenal-ahead-of-oneyear-loan-move-according-to-reports-8076131.html

The Ogg Monster
23-08-2012, 11:59 AM
What position does he play?

McNamara That Ghost...
23-08-2012, 12:02 PM
Mainly as a deep-lying midfielder.

Joker
23-08-2012, 12:07 PM
Independent: Real Madrid midfielder Nuri Sahin passes medical at Arsenal ahead of one-year loan move, according to reports (20 minutes ago)
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/real-madrid-midfielder-nuri-sahin-passes-medical-at-arsenal-ahead-of-oneyear-loan-move-according-to-reports-8076131.html

Standard: Nuri Sahin talks to Liverpool as Arsene Wenger cools off (14 minutes ago)
http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/nuri-sahin-talks-to-liverpool-as-arsene-wenger-cools-off-8076162.html

AKBapologist
23-08-2012, 12:41 PM
Twitter

Oh, wait.

Cripps_orig
23-08-2012, 01:30 PM
Have we bought him yet?