PDA

View Full Version : [FEEDBACK] Lack of Activity.

McNamara That Ghost...
22-09-2012, 08:28 PM
Might not have been helped by the reasonable amount of recognisable names from GW's past that have been left to rot in the New Members section.

Whoops. I'm going through them now.

PGFC
22-09-2012, 09:56 PM
Thank heaven there's still one half decent mod on here :rolleyes:

McNamara That Ghost...
22-09-2012, 10:04 PM
Yeah CK is a good guy.

Xhaka Can’t
22-09-2012, 11:14 PM
Might not have been helped by the reasonable amount of recognisable names from GW's past that have been left to rot in the New Members section.

Whoops. I'm going through them now.

Aw crap.

How did you find out about it?

McNamara That Ghost...
23-09-2012, 07:45 AM
Just checked the new members usergroup and saw how many were primary users waiting to be moved up. :lol:

GP
23-09-2012, 07:47 AM
Letters :doh:

Syn
23-09-2012, 07:50 AM
So this little bit general shitness have been prevented? He should be ashamed of himself. If he isn't in his cave now I hope he is crawling back into it.

McNamara That Ghost...
23-09-2012, 07:53 AM
Possibly. They might not have posted in the New Members section anyway but then again I suppose those from GW's alumni probably didn't think they had to.

Letters
23-09-2012, 08:31 AM
Maccy! The only difference between New Members and Members is New Members can't see the V&I section.
When users register they go into "Users Awaiting Moderation". I then move them into "New Members".
If they start posting we can then move them into Members. Most don't.

Syn
23-09-2012, 08:46 AM
Excuses IMO.

McNamara That Ghost...
23-09-2012, 08:48 AM
:lol:

Whoops again then. Having said that, it can't hurt to move up the recognisable names to members and also, there are still a few that have got to 30/40 posts (some 10-20) but haven't been moved to Members.

The V&I section is a shadow of how it used to be anyway. :rose:

V-Pig
23-09-2012, 08:56 AM
Letters is resisting repeated calls for his resignation.

VIgate, tbh.

Cripps_orig
23-09-2012, 12:15 PM
I sense a lack of communication between mods here :popcorn:

Letters doing things behind Maccys back, Maccy trying to correct it without informing Letters

Power struggle :popcorn:

Wonder who gets GW in the divorce

The Emirates Gallactico
23-09-2012, 12:56 PM
One of the biggest problems is that people can't lurk and view the forums without signing up.

I understand the reason why you implemented this system as you want people to create accounts but a lot of people are wary of handing out details over the internet and creating an online account. It's a lot better to let anyone view the forum and then grow it's popularity naturally. These people will in turn recommend this site to others and the membership and activity will rise steadily. Alienating people who don't want to create an account is not the way forward.

Xhaka Can’t
23-09-2012, 01:14 PM
The initial reason was site performance. It coincidentally resulted in an increase in membership as some 'lurkers' joined to continue reading.

But I do understand the point you're making.

McNamara That Ghost...
23-09-2012, 01:14 PM
Indeed, the reason we did it was because the load on the site was not helping to its slowness. More accounts being created was just a by-product of that.

McNamara That Ghost...
23-09-2012, 01:15 PM
I sense a lack of communication between mods here :popcorn:

Letters doing things behind Maccys back, Maccy trying to correct it without informing Letters

Power struggle :popcorn:

Wonder who gets GW in the divorce

I posted about it in the Staff Room tbf.

Niall_Quinn
23-09-2012, 01:52 PM
Indeed, the reason we did it was because the load on the site was not helping to its slowness. More accounts being created was just a by-product of that.

Had nothing to do with potential legal issues?

And if not, you realise this is now in effect a private web site, you have to make the decision to register in order to view the content. That makes a HUGE difference and gives much more scope for winding it down a bit on the censorship. Not saying you guys are bad in that respect, you are better than most, but can we please have the word **** back?

V-Pig
23-09-2012, 01:52 PM
Give us back our ****s!

Niall_Quinn
23-09-2012, 01:55 PM
It really doesn't make much sense for me to be here if the word **** is not available?

How about censoring the word Chamakh instead? That would serve a purpose.

Xhaka Can’t
23-09-2012, 01:56 PM
It really doesn't make much sense for me to be here if the word **** is not available?

How about censoring the word Chamakh instead? That would serve a purpose.

**** can be auto-corrected to Chamakh.

Niall_Quinn
23-09-2012, 01:58 PM
**** can be auto-corrected to Chamakh.

That's a bit strong really!

McNamara That Ghost...
23-09-2012, 02:01 PM
Had nothing to do with potential legal issues?

And if not, you realise this is now in effect a private web site, you have to make the decision to register in order to view the content. That makes a HUGE difference and gives much more scope for winding it down a bit on the censorship. Not saying you guys are bad in that respect, you are better than most, but can we please have the word **** back?

Maybe we can give you the c and the t. I don't think it will private forever anyway, if we can be sure the forum won't get killed with overloads.

It's not that private given anyone can sign up.

Niall_Quinn
23-09-2012, 02:02 PM
Maybe we can give you the c and the t. I don't think it will private forever anyway, if we can be sure the forum won't get killed with overloads.

It's not that private given anyone can sign up.

Literally a half measure then? The things that make you go hmmmmm.

McNamara That Ghost...
23-09-2012, 02:06 PM
No idea, I'm not that technically minded with regards to GW.

Niall_Quinn
23-09-2012, 03:58 PM
Lol cheer or be removed from the match thread. Bit sad really.

McNamara That Ghost...
23-09-2012, 03:59 PM
It's got nothing to do with you cheering or not, a lot more would be banned from the thread otherwise. It's just that you've got absolutely no interest in the match so why should we tolerate you posting there?

You won't ever accept any suggestion you might actually be in the wrong for once I recognise this but everyone else has been able to at least recognise they've done something that doesn't really benefit the forum before, myself included.

Niall_Quinn
23-09-2012, 04:04 PM
It's got nothing to do with you cheering or not, a lot more would be banned from the thread otherwise. It's just that you've got absolutely no interest in the match so why should we tolerate you posting there?

You won't ever accept any suggestion you might actually be in the wrong for once I recognise this but everyone else has been able to at least recognise they've done something that doesn't really benefit the forum before, myself included.

Oh please. Benefit the forum. What the fuck are you on about? Is that the standard? So quite a few people need to be excluded now, right? The one thing you don't seem to grasp is the real measure of power, even on a silly forum. Consistency. That's what gives you credibility.

McNamara That Ghost...
23-09-2012, 04:05 PM
Well why would anyone want to post on a match thread when there is such a strong presence telling them football is so shit? Sure in certain threads lamenting football it makes sense but in a thread that actively asks for participation in football supporting, it doesn't.

I am consistent, it's just the problem you seem to have is that you believe nobody has ever had bans from threads or forums before. It's all, poor old you.

Niall_Quinn
23-09-2012, 04:10 PM
Well why would anyone want to post on a match thread when there is such a strong presence telling them football is so shit? Sure in certain threads lamenting football it makes sense but in a thread that actively asks for participation in football supporting, it doesn't.

I am consistent, it's just the problem you seem to have is that you believe nobody has ever had bans from threads or forums before. It's all, poor old you.

Okay, so that's the new rule. Define it and publish it. At least do it right. Otherwise stop pretending and hoofing it.

McNamara That Ghost...
23-09-2012, 04:13 PM
New rule. :lol:

Niall_Quinn
23-09-2012, 04:16 PM
New rule. :lol:

Well that's different. Arbitrary is your goal. I didn't realise. In which case, end of conversation.

GP
23-09-2012, 04:38 PM
NQs meltdown :lol:

Niall_Quinn
23-09-2012, 04:42 PM
NQs meltdown :lol:

Don't be a toad.

GP
23-09-2012, 04:43 PM
:haha:

Master Splinter
23-09-2012, 05:47 PM
N_Q's been Didsed by Maccy's common sense.

Niall_Quinn
23-09-2012, 05:50 PM
N_Q's been Didsed by Maccy's common sense.

It would be more dignified to use a PM to grovel.

Master Splinter
23-09-2012, 05:55 PM
It would be more dignified to use a PM to grovel.

I don't like politicians.

Niall_Quinn
23-09-2012, 05:59 PM
I don't like politicians.

Well you have taste at least.

Jofnn
23-09-2012, 06:48 PM
now now children - behave!

Letters
23-09-2012, 06:55 PM
He started it :sulk: