PDA

View Full Version : IS this too much to ask AW?

WilshereourGHEL
30-05-2011, 01:44 AM
Szczęsny

Sagna Verminator Ivanovic Vertonghen

Walcott Fabregas Wilshere Nasri

Van persie Benzema

Subs:
GK(new back up)
CB:Kos/Dojo
Fullback:Eboue/Gibbs
CDM:Parker/Song
Cm:Ramsey
Winger:Arshavin/New signing/Lansbury
Striker:New striker thats good and wont mind trying to work his way into the first team?

Not that much money to be spent and i think with that we have enough quality.obviously the whole squad but surely arsenal can go a season without so many injuries :)

Ironing
30-05-2011, 02:59 AM
Maybe if you ask nice enough he'll convince chelsea to sell us ivanovic

Toronto Gooner
30-05-2011, 04:03 AM
Only 5 new faces, so not too bad. However, i suspect that it will more likely be 3 or 4 new faces.

Japan Shaking All Over
30-05-2011, 05:03 AM
Only 5 new faces, so not too bad. However, i suspect that it will more likely be 3 or 4 new faces.

5 new faces but still a few of the old faces that we may not want to prefer to still see around or whether we like it or not will not be around come next year!

TBH I do like the idea of 2 up top with RvP playing behind a front man!

I may get myself lynched but Bent would have been an ideal front man/partner for RvP

RvP scores goals from smart angles, edge of the are territory, just think about how many more we could get with a proven goal mouth/area score like Bent, not going to happen tho

so Benzema is the pick of the names floating around

Darth Vela
30-05-2011, 11:10 AM
I don't know about Bent, his movement is good and he knows the right goalscoring positions to get in but some days he's clinical and some days he can't hit the target for shit, I know all strikers have bad days but his seem to be a damn sight more often than most poachers. Supposedly an Arsenal fan though so maybe he'd show a bit more foght and some welcome passion if he was playing here.

As for the OP, Chelsea would never sell us Ivanovic and your average Prem midfield would tear through Cesc/Wilshere, might be something to bear in mind at home when teams sit back and defend like bitches though.

Cripps_orig
30-05-2011, 11:16 AM
Bent is better than what we have so id love him here. Should have got him from Charlton when we had the chance.

Anyway asking Wenger to sign any decent player is too much to ask for him.

Ernesto
30-05-2011, 12:14 PM
I don't know about Bent, his movement is good and he knows the right goalscoring positions to get in but some days he's clinical and some days he can't hit the target for shit, I know all strikers have bad days but his seem to be a damn sight more often than most poachers. Supposedly an Arsenal fan though so maybe he'd show a bit more foght and some welcome passion if he was playing here.

As for the OP, Chelsea would never sell us Ivanovic and your average Prem midfield would tear through Cesc/Wilshere, might be something to bear in mind at home when teams sit back and defend like bitches though.

I think we need an exceptional striker to play ahead of RvP if we're going to play that way. That individual needs to have the ability to control the ball, no matter what, the ability to turn and shoot and at the very least test the 'keeper and most definitely the ability to win the ball aerially. Is Benzema that striker? I really don't know. I've not seen enough of him to judge.

You may remember we used to play with Adebayor ahead of RvP in some games a few seasons back. A disastrous mistake. Although Adebayor did his job in posing an attacking threat and being a striker in the opposition half when the ball was in OUR half, for example, that's about ALL he did. Whenever he did get the ball, he'd most often fluff his chance (the fluffer!) or miscontrol the ball completely.

I think what we need to get rid of is this foul stench of negativity pitch-side. I think even Scott Parker would become a bottler alongside this lot of paycheck players (recent performances would exlude RvP and Wojiech). They probably ought to watch The Mighty Ducks or some shit like that. See what a rousing speech from Emilio Estevez can do for ya! (Although, I'm guessing it'd need to be translated into French first!)

Marc Overmars
30-05-2011, 05:22 PM

Darren Bent is exactly the type of striker we need in our team, without a doubt IMHO.

Not that it's going to happen anyway, but someone similar in style would be very welcome.

Cripps_orig
30-05-2011, 05:23 PM
Darren Bent is exactly the type of striker we need in our team, without a doubt IMHO.

Not that it's going to happen anyway, but someone similar in style would be very welcome.
Harrys missus?

GP
30-05-2011, 06:31 PM
Nah, he runs like a Welshman.

Flavs
30-05-2011, 07:49 PM
Ivanovic Vertonghen Benzema

:lol:

Darth Vela
30-05-2011, 08:40 PM

Totally, in terms of style of player he's what we need, just maybe someone a little more consistent.

Özim
30-05-2011, 08:47 PM
You can ask AW, trouble is he won't listen....he never does and that's been one of the problems.

The only way is the AW way.