PDA

View Full Version : ARSENAL v w ham - 23/01/13 - 19:45 - Emirates Stadium

Gervinho's Forehead
19-12-2012, 01:14 PM
http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/arsenal-v-west-ham-united-match-postponed

Cripps_orig
19-12-2012, 01:22 PM
So we can't lose this game. Great news

Letters
19-12-2012, 01:24 PM
:patrice:

Was going to miss this one because of the in-laws <_<
Now I'll probably be able to go :cool:

Oh :(

Bob Crow! :fury:

Syn
19-12-2012, 01:24 PM
Fuck Walter.

Letters
19-12-2012, 01:25 PM
So we can't lose this game. Great news

Oi! Stop all this pessimism. Of course we can still lose the game. Just not on that day.

Syn
19-12-2012, 01:26 PM
:patrice:

Was going to miss this one because of the in-laws <_<
Now I'll probably be able to go :cool:

Oh :(

Bob Crow! :fury:

Letters, can we have one of your PG-rated rants on how tube drivers don't do a difficult job and should be grateful for what they get in these difficult times...?

Cripps_orig
19-12-2012, 01:35 PM
Was going to go to either this or the next home game which is Newcastle. I guess the decisions been made for me. Wasn't looking forward to coming back to East London on the train with Hammers fans singing about their victory. I am spared that

Letters
19-12-2012, 01:40 PM
Letters, can we have one of your PG-rated rants on how tube drivers don't do a difficult job and should be grateful for what they get in these difficult times...?
Sure.

Boris, or someone, needs to get tough with these unions.
They do this every year. Literally. I can't remember a year when there hasn't been a Tube strike, or the threat of one.
They know they can hold the city to ransom and it will cost businesses a lot of money if they don't run so they pretty much always get their way.

MrsL's mum is a nurse. A sister, no less. She gets paid a LOT less than Tube drivers for doing a far more difficult job with equally unsociable hourse. She's working all night on Christmas Eve so will only be able to join the family in the evening of Christmas Day as she'll be catching up on sleep the rest of the day. While we're here, MrsL's brother is a carer in an old people's home. He gets paid pretty much minimum wage for doing an unpleasant job, and he is working on Christmas day. Someone has to.
You don't see them going on strike every 5 minutes.

Tube drivers get paid a lot of money for doing a not that difficult job. They've negotiated big pay rises at a time when a lot of people are facing pay freezes or even reduced salaries and quite a lot of redundancies.

So frack you, Tube Drivers. Frack you to heck. My season ticket has gone up way above inflation every year for ages and the majority of the budget of the Tube goes on wages. You get paid a lot of money so shut the hell up moaning and stop striking every five minutes.

All that said, I did want the game on Boxing Day to be postponed so you can have that one. Just stop it after that. KTHXBAI.

Syn
19-12-2012, 01:49 PM
:gp:

Joker
19-12-2012, 01:54 PM
Bob Crow's looking after the interests of the working class, good on him. Tube workers do a very important job, and deserve to enjoy the fruits of their labour. The fact that nurses and carers are being exploited doesn't mean we should have a race to the bottom. We should look to ensure that nurses and carers are unionised in much greater numbers so that they get higher wages and better working conditions.

Letters
19-12-2012, 02:08 PM
I'm just going to post a load of WUM nonsense I don't believe just to see if you'll bite.
Fair enough :good:

Kano
19-12-2012, 02:18 PM
Bob Crow's looking after the interests of the working class, good on him. Tube workers do a very important job, and deserve to enjoy the fruits of their labour. The fact that nurses and carers are being exploited doesn't mean we should have a race to the bottom. We should look to ensure that nurses and carers are unionised in much greater numbers so that they get higher wages and better working conditions.
i think posting it in a very quiet section of an underused website will send the right message to the right people.

fight t'power.

Kano
19-12-2012, 02:19 PM
Sure.

Boris, or someone, needs to get tough with these unions.
They do this every year. Literally. I can't remember a year when there hasn't been a Tube strike, or the threat of one.
They know they can hold the city to ransom and it will cost businesses a lot of money if they don't run so they pretty much always get their way.

MrsL's mum is a nurse. A sister, no less. She gets paid a LOT less than Tube drivers for doing a far more difficult job with equally unsociable hourse. She's working all night on Christmas Eve so will only be able to join the family in the evening of Christmas Day as she'll be catching up on sleep the rest of the day. While we're here, MrsL's brother is a carer in an old people's home. He gets paid pretty much minimum wage for doing an unpleasant job, and he is working on Christmas day. Someone has to.
You don't see them going on strike every 5 minutes.

Tube drivers get paid a lot of money for doing a not that difficult job. They've negotiated big pay rises at a time when a lot of people are facing pay freezes or even reduced salaries and quite a lot of redundancies.

So frack you, Tube Drivers. Frack you to heck. My season ticket has gone up way above inflation every year for ages and the majority of the budget of the Tube goes on wages. You get paid a lot of money so shut the hell up moaning and stop striking every five minutes.

All that said, I did want the game on Boxing Day to be postponed so you can have that one. Just stop it after that. KTHXBAI.
didn't read all of that but i get the general jist.

fuck off you lazy **** hole tube drivers and appreciate you have a fucking job in the first place.

****s.

Letters
19-12-2012, 02:25 PM
didn't read all of that but i get the general jist.

fuck off you lazy **** hole tube drivers and appreciate you have a fucking job in the first place.

****s.
Nicely summarized :d

The Wengerbabies
19-12-2012, 02:26 PM
There's no need for tube drivers anyway. Sack the lot and make the tubes fully electrical.

Gervinho's Forehead
19-12-2012, 02:33 PM
There's no need for tube drivers anyway. Sack the lot and make the tubes fully electrical.

I think the word you're looking for is automated.

The Wengerbabies
19-12-2012, 02:34 PM

Indeed it is.

Gervinho's Forehead
19-12-2012, 02:34 PM

The tube has been electrical for 100 years.

Letters
19-12-2012, 02:40 PM
:lol: Alright, don't labour the point!

Gervinho's Forehead
19-12-2012, 02:44 PM
:lol: Alright, don't labour the point!

The Angel has the longest esclators on the Tube network.

Letters
19-12-2012, 02:48 PM
The Angel has the longest esclators on the Tube network.
I know. We got that in a quiz once and I was sure it was Angel (I used to work there) but was out-voted by someone who thought he knew better
<_<

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
19-12-2012, 02:59 PM
they get paid 52k a year for driving a train.

they should be happy they're even on more than half of that.

fussy gits.

GP
19-12-2012, 03:11 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UymKurTBdhw

:shrug: Someone had to post it.

Olivier's xmas twist
19-12-2012, 03:40 PM
And West ham can't get coaches for their fans because?

Kano
19-12-2012, 03:46 PM
they're knuckle dragging retards.

Olivier's xmas twist
19-12-2012, 03:47 PM
they're knuckle dragging retards.

Apprently its unfair as it gives us a weeks rest and not others.

Joker
19-12-2012, 04:14 PM
The WUM accusation is made far too often on this board. Whenever someone posts an opinion that goes against the grain, it's "wumming" apparently :rolleyes:

Kano
19-12-2012, 04:16 PM
joker :lol:

awful activist

(and man city supporter)

Olivier's xmas twist
19-12-2012, 04:17 PM
i think posting it in a very quiet section of an underused website will send the right message to the right people.

fight t'power.

:haha:

Charlie the Sycophant :coffee:

Olivier's xmas twist
19-12-2012, 04:19 PM
joker :lol:

awful activist

(and man city supporter)

:lol:

Charlie the Sycophant :coffee:

Xhaka Can’t
19-12-2012, 10:54 PM

fussy gits.
The time for putting up with this is over. Someone has to bite the bullet and deal with the transport unions who are not as others state, standing up for the working class. While they have no duty to those other than their members, far from standing up for the working class, they shit all over them because many live in transport poverty because of exorbitant fares, a large proportion of which go on ridiculous salary and benefits packages

It would be short term pain, but the next time these fuckers threaten a pointless strike - and this is pointless let them know that anyone striking will be considered to be in breach of contract and will have their employment terminated. Then follow through on it.

If they all go out, fire them all.

Then start again, freeze out the unions because they have had a large amount of power and abused it relentlessly for decades. You could even bring salaries down to more appropriate levels and still have incredible demand for what are essential yet simple jobs to perform.

It would be painful in the short term, nut long term we would have a certainty of service while having a well compensated work force. We could even reduce the ridiculous transport poverty that exists today

Özim
19-12-2012, 11:16 PM

fussy gits.
Very true and having had a train set when I was younger I can confirm it's a very simple job, must make sure you don't go too fast round bends though as you can derail the train that way and end up with a lot of dead or injured passengers, I never did it but I always ran my trains empty as I coudn't find any fare paying passengers that small.

Özim
19-12-2012, 11:18 PM
On a positive note, no football to spoil Christmas I guess?

IBK
19-12-2012, 11:54 PM
Very true and having had a train set when I was younger I can confirm it's a very simple job, must make sure you don't go too fast round bends though as you can derail the train that way and end up with a lot of dead or injured passengers, I never did it but I always ran my trains empty as I coudn't find any fare paying passengers that small.

....maybe give it another go now you know Letters?

Kano
20-12-2012, 08:13 AM
On a positive note,
stop right there mister.

Özim
20-12-2012, 04:07 PM
stop right there mister.
:lol:

Ernesto
22-12-2012, 02:07 PM
Someone's probably asked this already, but how come the QPR home game on Boxing Day is going ahead, in spite of the strike?

Cripps_orig
22-12-2012, 02:08 PM
Someone's probably asked this already, but how come the QPR home game on Boxing Day is going ahead, in spite of the strike?

Arsenal are a bunch of wimps

Olivier's xmas twist
22-12-2012, 02:11 PM

Because West ham fans can not get to the game apprently. This strike won't affect QPR.

Ernesto
22-12-2012, 02:15 PM
Arsenal are a bunch of wimps

You know, the more I think of it, the more I believe this is true. They're scared they're not going to fill out the stadium given proposed industrial action.

It's Boxing Day FFS! Fans will still find a way to get to the stadium.

Forget Boxing Day being derby day- Derby Day should be reserved for the bizarrely arranged Monday night games. Make the fixture computer give us an away game on Boxing Day from now on, and we'll all be smiling (before the full time whistle, that is)

GP
22-12-2012, 02:42 PM
You know, the more I think of it, the more I believe this is true.

Then you should stop thinking.

Ernesto
22-12-2012, 02:45 PM
Then you should stop thinking.

So's, erm, your face? :unsure:

GP
22-12-2012, 02:46 PM
If you like.

Cripps_orig
22-12-2012, 02:46 PM
You know, the more I think of it, the more I believe this is true. They're scared they're not going to fill out the stadium given proposed industrial action.

It's Boxing Day FFS! Fans will still find a way to get to the stadium.

Forget Boxing Day being derby day- Derby Day should be reserved for the bizarrely arranged Monday night games. Make the fixture computer give us an away game on Boxing Day from now on, and we'll all be smiling (before the full time whistle, that is)

Pretty much

Fact other matches are going on and ours isnt says it all

Olivier's xmas twist
22-12-2012, 02:58 PM
Pretty much

Fact other matches are going on and ours isnt says it all

Its the West ham fans who are moaning they can't travel down there not our fans, so work it out.

Gervinho's Forehead
29-12-2012, 02:47 PM
Why can't we edit our own thread titles now? :unsure:

Title now needs to read "ARSENAL v w ham - 23/01/2013 - 19:45"

Cripps_orig
29-12-2012, 02:49 PM
Why can't we edit our own thread titles now? :unsure:

Title now needs to read "ARSENAL v w ham - 23/01/2013 - 19:45"

Edit post, go advanced

CHange it there

Gervinho's Forehead
29-12-2012, 02:56 PM