PDA

View Full Version : Oguuzhan Ozyakup

Japan Shaking All Over
31-05-2011, 06:20 AM
Oğuzhan Özyakup has signed a new two deal with Arsenal. The Dutchman had previously turned down two offers from the club, but Arsene Wenger stepped in to secure the 18-year-old’s services.

Özyakup had already opened talks with a number of European clubs, as his current contract was due to expire in July. However, after months of frustrating stalemate, Wenger stepped in to offer Oğuzhan the reassurances he wanted.

Agent Salvador de Mirande explained the turn around, which came after his client was promised a fair chance in pre-season to earn a first-team place.

“The probability Oğuzhan would stay at Arsenal a few weeks back was very small. We were very disappointed, but a lot happened in the meantime. “

“He wants to seize that opportunity. Oğuzhan still want to succeed at Arsenal.“

Özyakup new contracts runs until the summer of 2013.

this is a new name for me.......not too sure if I am going to remember how to spell it everytime

Wenger stepping in with the promise of first team (LC most likely) action - anybody got any insight on this guy?

Japan Shaking All Over
31-05-2011, 06:22 AM
Sorry just saw the section about this guy in the reserves thread......so mods please delete this!

my mistake!:crying: