PDA

View Full Version : The Liverpool Thread 2017/2018 featuring Jurgen Klopp

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9

Shaqiri Is Boss
26-01-2012, 11:43 PM
So he should say we're skint and the squad is shite?

That would go down well.

Niall_Quinn
27-01-2012, 12:29 AM
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11669/7457972/Ayre-Reds-have-money-to-spend

Do all these memebers of baords from the top clubs have one book they they read from then spout the same shite.

City and Chavski play a different tune. They make announcements when they aren't signing players.

Niall_Quinn
27-01-2012, 12:29 AM

That would go down well.

Best to go with the truth where possible.

Olivier's xmas twist
27-01-2012, 09:24 AM

That would go down well.

Just tell the truth tbh.

Shaqiri Is Boss
27-01-2012, 10:10 AM
We're not shite. We're mediocre.

Coney
27-01-2012, 11:09 AM

It'll never catch on - and that's no lie.

Ollie the Optimist
30-01-2012, 06:36 PM
Liverpool have apologised after video footage of an alleged racist gesture by a fan was shown on their website.

Highlights of Saturday's FA Cup tie against Manchester United, featuring the incident, were still available to view more than 48 hours after the game.

A spokesman for Liverpool FC told BBC Sport: "We can confirm that footage was mistakenly included in the highlights package that appeared on the website.

"It should not have been included and we are sorry it happened."

The spokesman added: "It was removed immediately when it was brought to our attention."

Saturday's FA Cup match was the first time that the two teams had met since the clash between Patrice Evra and Luis Suarez at Anfield in October.

Suarez was subsequently banned for eight games by the Football Association, who found him guilty of racially abusing Evra.

RED-FACED REDS
Continue reading the main story
15 Oct 2011: Suarez and Evra clash in 1-1 Premier League draw between Liverpool and United at Anfield
16 Oct: FA investigate Evra's claims that he was racially abused by Suarez
17 Nov: Suarez charged by FA
20 Dec: Suarez handed eight-game ban
3 Jan 2012: Liverpool accept ban after ruling out appeal
5 Jan: Suarez apologises
6 Jan: Liverpool fan arrested for allegation of racist abuse directed at Oldham's Tom Adeyemi
28 Jan: Liverpool beat United 2-1 in FA Cup fourth round tie. Second Liverpool fan arrested for racially-aggravated public order offence
30 Jan: Liverpool apologise for featuring video footage of alleged racist gesture on their website
Police officers reviewed TV footage from Anfield after images were posted on Twitter of a man making an alleged racist gesture.

A 58-year-old man from Barmouth in Gwynedd, North Wales, was arrested on Saturday evening.

On Sunday night, a Merseyside Police spokeswoman said: "A 58-year-old man from north Wales, who was arrested on suspicion of a racially-aggravated public order offence yesterday following the Liverpool and Manchester United match, has been released on police bail pending further inquiries."

The video footage on Liverpool's website compounds a difficult few months for the club following widespread criticism over how the Suarez case was handled by the club and the arrest of a fan following the FA Cup third-round tie against Oldham Athletic on 6 January.

On that occasion a 20-year-old man from Aintree, Merseyside, was arrested, and then later bailed, on suspicion of a racially aggravated public order offence following alleged racist abuse directed towards Oldham player Tom Adeyemi.

Liverpool issued a statement after the game expressing that they were "deeply sorry" for what happened and they would "continue to take the strongest possible action against unacceptable behaviour during our matches".

The club have reiterated their stance that anyone found guilty of committing an offence will be banned for life. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16798167.stm

oh liverpool, you really dont help yourselves do you :haha:

Shaqiri Is Boss
30-01-2012, 06:41 PM
No one has proved he isn't a United fan planted there by the FA to make us look bad.
Lol.

Xhaka Can’t
30-01-2012, 06:42 PM
It was an oversight. But we can't let that get in the way of a good ole PC witch hunt.

Niall_Quinn
30-01-2012, 07:48 PM
What did they replace this horrendously offensive video with? Something more uplifting like footage of heroic cluster bombs killing brown people?

Niall_Quinn
30-01-2012, 07:49 PM
It was an oversight. But we can't let that get in the way of a good ole PC witch hunt.

Somebody certainly needs to be burned, probably the person with the longest nose.

Kano
31-01-2012, 09:24 PM
http://i1107.photobucket.com/albums/h388/Hasselhoff99/suarezbirthday.gif

Shaqiri Is Boss
31-01-2012, 09:25 PM
Is Gerrard the mother? :unsure:

Marc Overmars
31-01-2012, 09:27 PM
Gerrard's face. :haha:

Ah I love these gifs.

Olivier's xmas twist
01-02-2012, 04:23 PM
A FAN held after allegedly making a "monkey" gesture at black Man Utd defender Patrice Evra has a mixed race baby GRANDSON.

Liverpool supporter Phil Gannon's daughter Corinne gave birth three months ago.

The lad was born after Corinne, 23, began a relationship with Damian Raghooba, 33, whose dad is from Port of Spain in Trinidad and Tobago.

Welsh-born Damian yesterday refused to comment on Gannon's arrest, but a pal said the incident had left him "shocked".

The friend said: "Damian was amazed when he heard.

"He's known Phil for a while and has always found him to be a nice guy. He's never picked up on anything remotely racist. Corinne is upset about it as well because her son has Caribbean blood — and one day she'll have to explain to him what happened.

"The next time they all meet up will be very awkward."

Corinne, who met Damian, of Dolgellau, North Wales, in 2009 on Facebook, also refused to comment.

Gannon, 58, from Barmouth, was nicked on Sunday after a TV image from the previous day's FA Cup clash at Anfield was posted on Twitter. It apparently showed a fan gesturing towards Evra, 30. Gannon was later given police bail.

His wife Karen, 50, said: "Things aren't always what they seem.

"I know he's no racist — I've lived with him long enough."

The incident came after Liverpool's Luis Suarez, 25, was banned for eight games for racially abusing Evra in a match at Anfield in October.

- SKY Sports News host Jim White caused a Twitter stir last night with a slip on live TV.

He announced that Bobby Zamora had been sold to C**ns Park Rangers — as a picture of QPR's new African-born striker Djibril Cisse flashed up. The gaffe was one of the top trending topics online — but some users put it down to White's Scots accent.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4100682/Monkey-quiz-fans-mix-race-grandson.html

He's just not that type tbh

Marc Overmars
01-02-2012, 04:28 PM
Here we go again. :lol:

Master Splinter
01-02-2012, 05:23 PM
Heard he's a Rick James fan too.

And his best film is Norbit.

Dennis Bendtner
01-02-2012, 08:45 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJ0XJuDvdCY

Marc Overmars
07-02-2012, 10:08 PM
Patrick Barclay upset a few Scousers tonight...

http://i.imgur.com/1pMSD.png

Cripps_orig
07-02-2012, 10:12 PM
:lol:

Shaqiri Is Boss
07-02-2012, 10:23 PM
Stupid thing to say.

I can just imagine RAWK has literally exploded with rage.

Xhaka Can’t
07-02-2012, 10:27 PM
Stupid thing to say.

Obviously.

Marc Overmars
07-02-2012, 10:29 PM
Fucking pointless thread. All it does is wind up those who play the scouse stereotypical victim. Fucking hell who gives a flying fuck what Barclay say's? Even when we were winning evrything in sight the likes of him, Wooldridge, McKilvenny, Glanville and the rest of the so called doyens of football journalism baulked at praising the club. Let them get on with it. This is why Kenny blanks the fucking lot of them. He knows from experience the bigotry against this club has been deep set for years and will never change. What set us apart as a club and fan base was we never pandered to the fuckers.

Sky changed all that with disastrous consequences. Infighting, bickering and fucking hand wringing about how we are badly done to by the press. Me, I've always revelled in it. It's become particularly vicious lately. Why? Doesn't take a rocket scientist does it? We're on our way back to the top with a manager and owners who have reinstilled belief in us. Let's not spoil it by worrying about bellends like Barclay, Holt, Samuel and the like. Inconsequential no marks, not worth the shit on our shoe. Rejoice in their bile and vitriol for it is a sure sign of their weakness and insecurity.

YNWA.

:sick:

Syn
07-02-2012, 10:34 PM
That is some classic scousers stuff. More classic than the reeboks they thieved from the dea....

Stay calm and carry on imo.

Shaqiri Is Boss
07-02-2012, 11:07 PM
Obviously.
http://images.icnetwork.co.uk/upl/ldp2/nov2010/5/2/spearing-300-206632587.jpg

Rors
07-02-2012, 11:18 PM
McKilvenny :doh:

fakeyank
08-02-2012, 03:30 AM
Stupid thing to say.

Nine probably shit himself in rage :lol:

Thierrymon
08-02-2012, 06:38 AM
http://i1107.photobucket.com/albums/h388/Hasselhoff99/suarezbirthday.gif

:lol: thats awesome. His face when he is clapping is perfect.

Xhaka Can’t
08-02-2012, 07:18 AM
http://i.imgur.com/VFPkV.gif

Master Splinter
08-02-2012, 07:59 AM
Reverse Starfish :bow:.

GP
08-02-2012, 09:21 AM
I bet he won the free kick though.

Olivier's xmas twist
11-02-2012, 07:01 PM
Liverpool the whole club is a disgrace, Kenny is to blame for all of this bad feeling, should be made to stand down asap.

Coney
12-02-2012, 04:01 PM
Liverpool totally mishandled the whole thing. Correct approach after the match where Suarez did the nigreto deed was for them to persuade him by whatever it took to say that in his country it was normal, he didn't realise it was offensive over here and was sorry for what he said and would be more careful in the future. He'd have had much less than an 8 match ban and it would have been a warning to everyone else (except Terry) for their future conduct. By being a cunt, he has made himself look like an even bigger twat and made Liverpool look bad. Mind you, Dalglish failed to take control of the situation as well and didn't help. Basically, self-inflicted by Liverpool and Suarez

Coney
12-02-2012, 04:06 PM
Dalglish: "When I went on TV after yesterday's game I hadn't seen what had happened, but I did not conduct myself in a way befitting of a Liverpool manager during that interview and I'd like to apologise for that."

Looks as if someone high up at Liverpool has had a word in Dalglish's ear.

Shaqiri Is Boss
12-02-2012, 04:09 PM
Just the one?

The Yanks' patience has waned. I would imagine race rows are even more of a touchy subject in the US and it's a 1 more strike and you're out to Suarez. As good as gone anyway, mind.

Ollie the Optimist
12-02-2012, 05:25 PM
Just the one?

The Yanks' patience has waned. I would imagine race rows are even more of a touchy subject in the US and it's a 1 more strike and you're out to Suarez. As good as gone anyway, mind.

if as you say race rows are bigger over there then why has there been no apology for the racist comments? they apologised for a tele interview and a non handshake but not about the comments themselves. surely evra and united would rather an apologly for the racism then the handshake.

Marc Overmars
12-02-2012, 05:33 PM
At long last a bit of self-reproach from this horrible club.

Shaqiri Is Boss
12-02-2012, 08:35 PM
if as you say race rows are bigger over there then why has there been no apology for the racist comments? they apologised for a tele interview and a non handshake but not about the comments themselves. surely evra and united would rather an apologly for the racism then the handshake.

I agree, we should have apologised whether we thought Suarez was guilty or not. Fact is he made the comments regardless of intent. Mea culpa and all that. We handled it horrendously badly and now the owners have stepped in with some leadership we needed from the start. My memory is shocking but I think we made some half-arsed statement which fell short of apologising but had that general tone. Might be making that up though.

I don't know how much it penetrated into the US originally, but even the New York Times (a stakeholder in NESV by the way) were calling for a line to be drawn after the handshake.

It was a lose-lose situation having to apologise now, but I said it back then; take it on the chin and move on. Whether everyone follows that is a different matter.

Flavs
13-02-2012, 09:16 AM
Luis Suarez :lol:

The only man who can actually make Patrice Evra look less of a ****

Cripps_orig
01-03-2012, 10:41 AM
Liverpool are at the centre of a new race row after reports emerged that Spanish broadcasters have pulled an advert starring Pepe Reina for racial stereotyping.

The club were widely criticised for their handling of the Luis Suarez and Patrice Evra affair but are said to have been unaware of Reina's involvement in the 26-second advert for Spanish insurance firm Groupama.

The advertisement drew strong condemntaion from Simon Wolley, director of Operation Black Vote, a non-political campaign group and the group's director.

"I’m shocked on so many levels," Wolley stated.

"Firstly, how would the Spanish feel if the English stereotyped Spanish people as backward, stupid and animalistic homosexuals?

“Secondly, what does this say about Pepe Reina?

"The Liverpool goalkeeper has lived and worked in the UK for nearly a decade – does he think it’s OK to characterise black people this way? Does he think his black team-mates will laugh at his joke?”

In the advert, Reina is seen discovering an African tribe, whose people surround the goalkeeper dancing.

When the tribe's leader points to Reina and says 'Queen' and then to himself and saying 'King', there is a suggestion of a sexual relationship between the two - the Spaniard's surname roughly translates into Spanish as 'Queen'.

The Reds hierarchy will be keen to play down Reina's involvement in the advertisement's content, but Groupama remained unrepentant despite seeing it pulled from the air.

"Groupama Seguros does not consider that this advert contains either offensive or any discriminatory content," a statement read

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/03/01/2938726/liverpool-in-new-racism-storm-after-reina-advertisement

Shaqiri Is Boss
01-03-2012, 12:36 PM
If anyone anywhere thinks that advert is racist we may as well end it all as a species.

Syn
01-03-2012, 12:46 PM
If anyone anywhere thinks that advert is racist we may as well end it all as a species.

In fairness to Wolley, Pepe Reina is a massive ****.

Shaqiri Is Boss
01-03-2012, 12:50 PM
In fairness to Wolley, Pepe Reina is a massive ****.

He's a footballer... I think that's a given.

Coney
01-03-2012, 01:03 PM
He's a footballer... I think that's a given.

No - Given doesn't play for Liverpool.

Syn
01-03-2012, 01:08 PM
:ilt:

Shaqiri Is Boss
01-03-2012, 01:08 PM
If anyone anywhere thinks that joke is funny we may as well end it all as a species.

McNamara That Ghost...
01-03-2012, 01:10 PM
Coney. :bow:

Coney
01-03-2012, 01:31 PM
If anyone anywhere thinks that joke is funny we may as well end it all as a species.

No joke. He really doesn't play for Liverpool.

Olivier's xmas twist
01-03-2012, 03:17 PM
Robbie Fowler training with Blackpool till the end off the season with a veiw of a perm move, SSN.

GP
01-03-2012, 03:38 PM
Robbie Fowler training with Blackpool till the end off the season with a veiw of a perm move, SSN.

He loves that Blackpool rock.

Master Splinter
01-03-2012, 03:47 PM

He does need a new hairstyle.

:Coney:

Master Splinter
02-03-2012, 04:02 AM
6 - Liverpool haven't won any of the six Premier League games that Steven Gerrard has started this season.

https://twitter.com/#!/OptaJoe

Stevie Me :lol:.

Marc Overmars
08-03-2012, 01:41 PM
Johnson has also accused former Manchester United defender Paul McGrath of racism after he criticised Johnson for wearing a T-shirt in support of Suarez.

Johnson has also claimed that the Liverpool players wearing the T-shirt supporting Suarez before a game at Wigan was the idea of the Anfield club.

Suarez was given an eight-match ban by the Football Association for racially abusing Evra during an earlier match and the row was reignited when Suarez refused to shake Evra's hand when the sides met again at Old Trafford.

Suarez and the club have since apologised for his actions at Old Trafford.

But Johnson believes Evra "stayed up all night" coming up with a plan to make sure Suarez did not greet his opponent in the expected manner by holding his hand by his side.

Johnson said: "Evra was clever at Old Trafford. Luis didn't shake his hand because Evra's hand was down there. What else is Luis supposed to do? Would you go to shake someone's hand if their hand is way down there by their side? Course not.

"But then, because Luis didn't do it, Evra has pulled him back by his arm as he walked on, as if to say to everybody: 'Look, I wanted to shake his hand and he didn't..."'

Johnson added in an interview in the Daily Mail: "Evra probably stayed up all night thinking about how to do that. The whole thing was ridiculous."

McGrath used social networking site Twitter to criticise Johnson for wearing the T-shirt in support of Suarez but the Liverpool defender has accused the former United defender of racism for singling him out.

Johnson claimed: "The McGrath thing ... that's actually racist. Saying what he said is racist. He is only saying that to me because I was the only black lad wearing the T-shirt.

"He's targeting me because of my colour."

Johnson also claimed that the club had driven the support of Suarez rather than the players.

"It seemed to come across that we were making a point. We weren't. It was the club's idea. But obviously we all agreed. We didn't really think about how people would react."

The club said Kenny Dalglish had not seen Johnson's comments and so would not speak about them as he answered questions about Saturday's trip to Sunderland this morning.

Dalglish did confirm, however, that captain Steven Gerrard and Johnson would return to training today.

The pair missed last weekend's first home defeat of the season against Arsenal after sustaining injuries on international duty.

However, both had only minor problems and Dalglish is looking forward to their return.

"Steven and Glen are back in training today, so we'll see how they are," said the Scot.

Asked whether the return of Gerrard will provide Liverpool with a boost, the 61 year-old added: "I wouldn't restrict it to just Stevie - it's a good boost for us to have anybody back, Steven included.

"Having Glen back as well, who was doing fantastic, will be good for us.

"We'll see how they do in training and judge it from there."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/9130778/Liverpool-reignite-Luis-Suarez-row-as-Glen-Johnson-accuses-Patrice-Evra-of-manufacturing-handshake.html

Good one, Glen.

Olivier's xmas twist
08-03-2012, 01:45 PM
Wonderful Club pool are, last thing the sitiuation needed.

McNamara That Ghost...
08-03-2012, 01:57 PM
Is he aware of Paul McGrath's ethnicity?

Shaqiri Is Boss
08-03-2012, 02:28 PM
Lets be honest, are footballers aware of anything?

McNamara That Ghost...
08-03-2012, 02:36 PM
Fair point. Especially in the case of a toilet stealer.

Olivier's xmas twist
08-03-2012, 02:56 PM
Fair point. Especially in the case of a toilet stealer.

It be funny if Terry said was Johnson has said lol.

Dennis Bendtner
11-03-2012, 01:48 PM
They've only scored 30 goals in 27 games. A couple of others have the same, but only four teams have fewer. Pretty amazing. I don't think it's arguable that Liverpool have the basis of a good team. It's enough to suggest that some good signings - not an overhaul - in the summer would make them competitive. Hypothetically, signing a good creative midfielder with a goal threat to play with Suarez would be an immediate step forward. But what are the owners going to do? They shouldn't be giving the King Kenny-Commolli wrecking duo another cent. Henry might be a stupid lesbian yank, but it's not hard to see what good value is in football. It will be an interesting summer.

Shaqiri Is Boss
11-03-2012, 02:11 PM
They've only scored 30 goals in 27 games. A couple of others have the same, but only four teams have fewer. Pretty amazing. I don't think it's arguable that Liverpool have the basis of a good team. It's enough to suggest that some good signings - not an overhaul - in the summer would make them competitive. Hypothetically, signing a good creative midfielder with a goal threat to play with Suarez would be an immediate step forward. But what are the owners going to do? They shouldn't be giving the King Kenny-Commolli wrecking duo another cent. Henry might be a stupid lesbian yank, but it's not hard to see what good value is in football. It will be an interesting summer.
Defensively we have and are very good. The problem with that side of it is keeping them together. You can include Lucas in that too.

The problem, as you saw last week, is the attacking side. Aurelio, Kuyt, Maxi are all off. Carroll, Downing and Adam on the whole have been poor. Henderson hasn't shone but I wouldn't say has been terrible either. Problem is he hasn't done much. I can't see why we haven't played Shelvey more often and we can't rely on Gerrard all the time. Only Suarez looks like he has any sort of ability or talent, but he isn't a natural finisher and Bellamy only has a year left at the most. A proper finisher, a couple of wide players and maybe a central midfielder (so long as Adam goes as well as a back up for Lucas). And that's even before we consider any departures of big players and even so, that's quite a few players to sign. I would say an overhaul of the attacking side may be necessary. Admit mistakes and deal with it.

I'd be disappointed if the owners lost their nerve so early on, they can't be that naive to think it would all slot together so soon, and they are advocates of paying over the odds if necessary. Still not sure why we actually need Comolli and some of Kenny's decisions (subs, team selections, signings) have been baffling. Regardless, I still think we will have a different manager for next season.

That was waffly form the start but it might make sense.

Dennis Bendtner
11-03-2012, 02:24 PM
I'm sure the owners are committed to the club moving forward. They wouldn't have sanctioned the 2011 spending otherwise. It's the guys making decisions over where it goes that need to be accountable. I'm sure they see many of the good things - crap players off the wage bill (Cole, Konchesky and so on). But the bad ones are far too glaring. Adam is the equivalent of a mediocre yankee quarterback or whatever the fuck it is. The record signing is derided and barely starts any games. If they're into this moneyball stuff as much as we think, they must see Downing is the antithesis to undervalued.They would have to be an extremely generous bunch to sanction that for Kenny/Commolli again given the lack of genuine progress. Giving that to a new management team would be less risky.

At the moment it seems like Liverpool have struck lucky with the ownership. Henry - decent enuff bloke. Not sure where the stadium or debts are at. But you have to use their money better!

Shaqiri Is Boss
11-03-2012, 02:47 PM
I'm sure the owners are committed to the club moving forward. They wouldn't have sanctioned the 2011 spending otherwise. It's the guys making decisions over where it goes that need to be accountable. I'm sure they see many of the good things - crap players off the wage bill (Cole, Konchesky and so on). But the bad ones are far too glaring. Adam is the equivalent of a mediocre yankee quarterback or whatever the fuck it is. The record signing is derided and barely starts any games. If they're into this moneyball stuff as much as we think, they must see Downing is the antithesis to undervalued.They would have to be an extremely generous bunch to sanction that for Kenny/Commolli again given the lack of genuine progress. Giving that to a new management team would be less risky.

At the moment it seems like Liverpool have struck lucky with the ownership. Henry - decent enuff bloke. Not sure where the stadium or debts are at. But you have to use their money better!
The debt, afaik, is just £30m in stadium debt - plans, permission that sort of thing. If we get Cole, Kuyt, Maxi, Aurelio and Aquilani fully off the wage bill then that's a hefty amount, a good £350k/w I'd say.

I won't lie and say I think Henry and Werner care about the club, but I think they understand sport and understand fan expectation. They haven't got carried away like the previous swindlers (spade in the ground within 60 days).

Adam was a shocker, no one really wanted him, Downing was OK for Villa last season so I can rationalise that even if he has been poor for us, Henderson was over priced but has potential if we give him time, I've lost any patience with Carroll but he's an asset for the books (the whole amortization thing can be fudged for that when we do sell him it isn't that bad for the books) and his wages aren't that of a £35m signing either.

Suarez is good. Bellamy was a good signing. Enrique on the whole has been good. Coates is a future player, and Doni hasn't had a look in because of Pepe.

We've spent ~£111m, and sold ~£78m, though obviously a huge chunk of that is Torres.

But yes we have to be more canny in the market than simply saying 'name your price'. Comolli is undoubtedly the fall guy though. The important thing though is to admit mistakes, which everybody makes, and move on. Right now though I wouldn't be averse to just throwing some of the youth in, Sterling, Coady, Morgan et al because they can't do any worse than some of the first team.

Cripps_orig
11-03-2012, 03:01 PM
Liverpool manager Kenny Dalglish is deluding himself, he is deluding his players and he is deluding the club’s supporters as well.
The Reds' boss insisted that no one should be passing judgement on his team and their Champions League credentials until the end of the Premier League campaign following the 1-0 defeat at Sunderland.

But the 2,400 supporters who made the trip from Merseyside to Wearside will have found it impossible not to come to the conclusion that Liverpool are going backwards, despite major investment in new players, because his team was just not good enough.

SLOW PROGRESS

AFTER 27 GAMES 2010-11
Pos P W D L F A PTS
6th 27 11 6 10 35 32 39

AFTER 27 GAMES 2011-12
Pos P W D L F A PTS
7th 27 10 9 8 30 26 39

The fact that 5ft 6in midfielder Jay Spearing was head and shoulders above his expensively recruited colleagues in the lacklustre show against Martin O’Neill’s workmanlike Sunderland was a terrible indictment of Dalglish’s recruitment campaign.

Academy product Spearing outshone the likes of the below-par Charlie Adam, who cost £12 million when he moved from Blackpool, and Jordan Henderson, for whose services and potential Sunderland were paid £19m last summer.

They were outmanoeuvred by the unheralded Jack Colback and Craig Gardner at Sunderland and it was only when skipper Steven Gerrard rose from the substitutes’ bench that the League Cup winners really got going.

But by the time Gerrard entered the fray the damage was already done. Liverpool were behind to a strange goal that saw the ball hit the post, hit Pepe Reina’s head and then hit a post again before Nicklas Bendtner finished from close range while the woeful Sebastian Coates was left flat-footed.

It was reminiscent of the beach-ball goal on the same ground in October 2009 when Rafa Benitez was in charge of Liverpool, and again exposed the shortcomings of those wearing red shirts who were responsible for the club suffering three consecutive league defeats for the first time since the 2002-03 season.

Their meek efforts vindicated the bullishness of Sunderland owner Ellis Short who used his programme notes to tell fans that “this is by far the most confident I’ve felt” ahead of a home game against Liverpool - and that was despite his team being without their two best players in Lee Cattermole and Stephane Sessegnon, both suspended.

Despite the overwhelming evidence, Dalglish might not be prepared to call a halt to the quest for a top-four place that would yield a Champions League adventure, but the chances of Liverpool returning to Europe’s top table are negligible.

Seventh-placed Liverpool are ten points behind fourth-placed Arsenal, two points above Sunderland and – most tellingly – are eight points closer to bottom-of-the-table Wigan Athletic than they are to pacesetters Manchester City.

Yes there are lies, damned lies and statistics but those statistics are pretty damning because a season that promised much with ‘King Kenny’ at the helm has seen the club fall further behind the Premier League’s leading lights.

Dalglish signed a three-year contract last May after he succeeded Roy Hodgson in January 2011 but it looks as though it will take a lot longer for Liverpool to mount a sustained challenge for their first Premier League title. It is hard to see the Reds closing the gap on the Premier League's genuine title contenders.

And – despite the club’s rich heritage - the longer Liverpool remain out of Champions League football the harder it will become to entice stellar players such as Sergio Aguero and Juan Mata to Anfield.

It also means the longer the club's fans will have to put up with the likes of Henderson, Adam, Stewart Downing and Andy Carroll – players who may be decent Premier League players but are not top-notch operators.

And the absence of Champions League football must raise question-marks over Luis Suarez’s future and his loyalty to Liverpool because the Uruguayan is a player who should be rubbing shoulders with the best players in Europe.

Okay, Suarez has a League Cup winner’s medal; but he will be frustrated at the lack of a progress at a club whose points tally – 39 from 27 matches – is exactly the same now as it was at this stage last season.

Liverpool finished sixth last season but are now in danger of slipping further behind the leading Premier League clubs as the gap widens, even though some £120m has been spent on new players since Dalglish returned to the manager’s office at Anfield, while £60m has been recouped in sales.

The League Cup win and their on-going interest in the FA Cup will placate the critics for the time being and buy Dalglish time, but the fans who yearn for a return to the Champions League nights that make Anfield so special could be in for a very long wait.

That is an inescapable truth. And no one needs to wait until the end of the season to see that.

In an interview with the Sunderland match-day programme, Reds defender Martin Skrtel was optimistic. “We have won the League Cup, we are still in the FA Cup and we are close to the top four,” he said.

“Our targets are still reachable. It’s up to us to qualify for the Champions League. When you look at our games with the teams that are in those positions at the moment I don’t think they are that much better than us. We’ve had close games with City, United and Spurs and we beat Chelsea. I believe we can get there.”

As much as they would like to believe the Slovakian defender is right, most Liverpool fans will beg to differ.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/03/11/2958889/mediocre-liverpool-are-not-getting-any-closer-to-challenging

Syn
11-03-2012, 03:02 PM
I think Liverpool have been rubbish in the past year - on and off the pitch. That's the only way I can describe it. I disagree with DSL, I don't think they've got good foundations in place. I think they had the opportunity to build a good foundation but they pissed away £80m on absolute shit. There is a lot of immaturity from the club - from their behaviour right down to the tactics. They don't know what qualities to value. I'm all for having some scotty parkers in the squad but Liverpool are taking the piss. There is no invention or creativity because the team is filled with brainless players. The whole philosophy and attitude of the club is out-dated. I don't see much improving any time soon. If the owners give kenny another £80m, he'll put in a £25m bid for
Walcott.

Shaqiri Is Boss
11-03-2012, 03:06 PM
Adam was £6m, £9m at the very most.

That's still £6m too much, but nowhere near £12m :lol:

The £120m bought and £60m sold are way out too.

Dennis Bendtner
11-03-2012, 03:12 PM
I think Liverpool have been rubbish in the past year - on and off the pitch. That's the only way I can describe it. I disagree with DSL, I don't think they've got good foundations in place. I think they had the opportunity to build a good foundation but they pissed away £80m on absolute shit. There is a lot of immaturity from the club - from their behaviour right down to the tactics. They don't know what qualities to value. I'm all for having some scotty parkers in the squad but Liverpool are taking the piss. There is no invention or creativity because the team is filled with brainless players. The whole philosophy and attitude of the club is out-dated. I don't see much improving any time soon. If the owners give kenny another £80m, he'll put in a £25m bid for
Walcott.

Reina, the centre-backs, Enrique (well, the whole back four really), Lucas and Suarez isn't bad. But much of that was there before. That's what I meant by the foundations, but true enough, they aren't that deep. The £70 odd million pissed away is a real problem, but those 'foundations' are still there.

Shaqiri Is Boss
11-03-2012, 03:13 PM
Walcott.
Dennis Bendtner is DSL/JtL19? :blink:

Dennis Bendtner
11-03-2012, 03:17 PM
:ninja:

Syn
11-03-2012, 03:22 PM
Reina, the centre-backs, Enrique (well, the whole back four really), Lucas and Suarez isn't bad. But much of that was there before. That's what I meant by the foundations, but true enough, they aren't that deep. The £70 odd million pissed away is a real problem, but those 'foundations' are still there.

When linked with Arsenal a few seasons ago, Hangeland said that he was well aware he would be given more protection at Fulham than at Arsenal. If Liverpool tried to score*more than 30 goals in 27 games*-- and yes, they have been unlucky at times, but over the course of 27 games a stat that has them scoring only 5 more goals than Van Persie speaks for itself -- they'd concede a lot more than they are now. They've got a good core in the same sense Stoke have.*

Syn
11-03-2012, 03:23 PM
Dennis Bendtner is DSL/JtL19? :blink:

Yup. :bow:

Marc Overmars
11-03-2012, 03:26 PM
They just need a manager who is in sync with the modern game. Kenny still thinks it's the 80's where being a GHEL was enough.

Shaqiri Is Boss
11-03-2012, 03:33 PM
Yup. :bow:
It's only taken me a year to realise.... bloody name changes. :lol:

And I'd disagree that we're too defensive, only Spearing and Lucas ever think of defending outside the back 4. Some games we play defensive players, but there are those games where we're overwhelmingly offensive, on paper. [Probably a Suarez joke in there somewhere, I'll save everyone the time] We're often dominating teams, our problem has been finishing the chances we do create, like last week. And a lot of the time when we attack there isn't enough creativity in the team to break a defence, instead we're too pedestrian and obvious. We do try to score goals, we're just not very good at it. I wouldn't necessarily say that if we start scoring then our defence will automatically crumble because we've often had a solid defence, even under Rafa in 2008/9 when we also scored the most that season.

Dennis Bendtner
11-03-2012, 03:35 PM
When linked with Arsenal a few seasons ago, Hangeland said that he was well aware he would be given more protection at Fulham than at Arsenal. If Liverpool tried to score*more than 30 goals in 27 games*-- and yes, they have been unlucky at times, but over the course of 27 games a stat that has them scoring only 5 more goals than Van Persie speaks for itself -- they'd concede a lot more than they are now. They've got a good core in the same sense Stoke have.*

Well it's fair enough. But if they didn't have completely pointless players like Downing and frauds like Adam in attacking positions, they could compensate a bit for the inherent defensiveness that might exist. In fact given their performances, a fair bit.

Liverpool's midfield yesterday was what, Spearing, Henderson, Adam? An ugly yoof and the cream from midtable and relegated clubs.

Syn
11-03-2012, 04:26 PM
It's only taken me a year to realise.... bloody name changes. :lol:

And I'd disagree that we're too defensive, only Spearing and Lucas ever think of defending outside the back 4. Some games we play defensive players, but there are those games where we're overwhelmingly offensive, on paper. [Probably a Suarez joke in there somewhere, I'll save everyone the time] We're often dominating teams, our problem has been finishing the chances we do create, like last week. And a lot of the time when we attack there isn't enough creativity in the team to break a defence, instead we're too pedestrian and obvious. We do try to score goals, we're just not very good at it. I wouldn't necessarily say that if we start scoring then our defence will automatically crumble because we've often had a solid defence, even under Rafa in 2008/9 when we also scored the most that season.

The 'too pedestrian and obvious' is exactly what I'm saying. Maybe it stems from having limited players in midfield who don't want to take risks but either way it helps the defence out a great deal because they're always behind the ball ready for the opposition. Maybe Liverpool think they're trying hard to score goals but I don't see that push from midfield whenever I've seen them. Liverpool absolutely deserved to get more goals and probably win against Arsenal. But - and this is no secret - every team playing at home against Arsenal creates lots of chances. Arsenal are probably on the other end of the spectrum and it's why seemingly a good defence on paper haven't made many individual mistakes but still shipped a shedload, and also why a distinctly average attack (bar Van Persie, of course) have scored more goals at this stage of the season than they had in the Invincibles season. I would suggest that maybe games like the Sunderland game yesterday are a better measure of how much attacking intent a team carries.

When I say Liverpool miss a good core/foundation, I mean even adding some qualities players won't make as much difference to the side as it should. Chucking a Mata in that midfield, playing the way Liverpool do, would render him ineffective. Everyone has been saying Suarez is a quality player. And I'm sure he might well be. But you expect a better return than 6 league goals even with his 8 match ban. He's less than a 1 in 3 man at the moment for supposedly a team that does try to score goals and creates a lot of chances. Something doesn't quite add up for me. Now there are a couple of possibilities: 1) Maybe Suarez isn't quality. 2) There are systems that suit Gerrard, Adam, Downing, Kuyt. And there are systems that suit Suarez, Mata and those poncy little technical players...and maybe the Liverpool way isn't the Suarez way. As far as I can see, Liverpool have exactly the opposite problem to Arsenal, but Arsenal have seemingly made attempts to not get bullied and compromised Spanish lightweights. Liverpool pride themselves so much on blood and thunder, that internal problem is going to remain. Getting in a more economical Benitez is the first step to recovery.

Shaqiri Is Boss
11-03-2012, 05:09 PM
The 'too pedestrian and obvious' is exactly what I'm saying. Maybe it stems from having limited players in midfield who don't want to take risks but either way it helps the defence out a great deal because they're always behind the ball ready for the opposition. Maybe Liverpool think they're trying hard to score goals but I don't see that push from midfield whenever I've seen them. Liverpool absolutely deserved to get more goals and probably win against Arsenal. But - and this is no secret - every team playing at home against Arsenal creates lots of chances. Arsenal are probably on the other end of the spectrum and it's why seemingly a good defence on paper haven't made many individual mistakes but still shipped a shedload, and also why a distinctly average attack (bar Van Persie, of course) have scored more goals at this stage of the season than they had in the Invincibles season. I would suggest that maybe games like the Sunderland game yesterday are a better measure of how much attacking intent a team carries.

When I say Liverpool miss a good core/foundation, I mean even adding some qualities players won't make as much difference to the side as it should. Chucking a Mata in that midfield, playing the way Liverpool do, would render him ineffective. Everyone has been saying Suarez is a quality player. And I'm sure he might well be. But you expect a better return than 6 league goals even with his 8 match ban. He's less than a 1 in 3 man at the moment for supposedly a team that does try to score goals and creates a lot of chances. Something doesn't quite add up for me. Now there are a couple of possibilities: 1) Maybe Suarez isn't quality. 2) There are systems that suit Gerrard, Adam, Downing, Kuyt. And there are systems that suit Suarez, Mata and those poncy little technical players...and maybe the Liverpool way isn't the Suarez way. As far as I can see, Liverpool have exactly the opposite problem to Arsenal, but Arsenal have seemingly made attempts to not get bullied and compromised Spanish lightweights. Liverpool pride themselves so much on blood and thunder, that internal problem is going to remain. Getting in a more economical Benitez is the first step to recovery.
FFS I typed a full reply to this and clicked 'X'. Bastard.

Anyway, briefly; our finishing has been awful. I wouldn't say it was down to us being wary of committing to an attack, but no one is taking it upon themselves to take a risk because when they have done they screw it up. Losing Lucas hasn't helped either, because it's overwhelmingly been Adam in the centre who doesn't even consider defending. I'm not sure who else can go forward. Henderson is more often than not on the right, and the full backs often go forward. It's jsut when we get to the edge of the box, instead of being able to put a couple of passes together, or a backheel or something mildly technical they

Only Suarez has innate technical ability from the first XI, no one bar maybe Maxi is ever on his wave length. Quite often a decent play is on the cards and someobody else messes it up, Suarez just standing there shaking his head because a player who could actually play football would see the move. But he isn't a finisher and it is all down to him to play that way because the rest of them are plodders. Hence why I'd say we need an overhaul in attack+midfield to supplement him because right now he is dropping back because the rest of them have no imagination. It's an odd one because at the back end of last season we were at least passing and moving, now we can barely do either. As you say, stick Mata in our team and he'd be crap. That's not down to him, it's down to the amateurs around him.

I think it's a fairly simple solution, get 2 or 3 players of Suarez's type, including someone who can finish, and his and others' stats would improve no end. If anything, he's better suited to Arsenal, and Arsenal are better suited to him. So your 2) is right, at the moment. I think it's just overanalysis to suggest anything other than we need to finish the chances we make, because we are making more than enough.

And that was in no way brief, thankfully though it was much less than I originally typed.

Cripps_orig
13-03-2012, 12:18 AM
Kenny Dalglish has launched an impassioned defence of his record at Liverpool, claiming he should not be judged by the club's league position alone and that kit deals are as important as victories.
Full story: Guardian

:haha:

Are Liverpool fans as embarrassed with him as we are of Wenger?

Japan Shaking All Over
13-03-2012, 05:48 AM
if that was the case then we should be in Div 4 - with ten points deducted after going into receivership!

Olivier's xmas twist
13-03-2012, 08:47 AM
:pal: Kenny, if Aw said that he be Strung up this morning tbh.

Shaqiri Is Boss
13-03-2012, 11:05 AM

In a way.

I do get what he's saying though, considering the end of the G+H reign. But to say it just before a derby and with the run we are on, it's just odd.

LDG
13-03-2012, 11:16 AM
I see he also misconstrued Wenger's programme notes too.

Shaqiri Is Boss
13-03-2012, 11:31 AM
I see he also misconstrued Wenger's programme notes too.
There was contact tbf :whistle:

dazthegooner
13-03-2012, 12:20 PM
Yep your right the grass did catch him in on the way down ;)

Coney
13-03-2012, 12:57 PM
Kenny Dalglish has launched an impassioned defence of his record at Liverpool, claiming he should not be judged by the club's league position alone and that kit deals are as important as victories.
Full story: Guardian

So postmatch when they lose to Everton..... Kenny - "Well yes, but our kit is better than their kit, so na na na na na".

Shaqiri Is Boss
13-03-2012, 02:08 PM
Yep your right the grass did catch him in on the way down ;)
Grass burns can hurt:sulk:

Flavs
14-03-2012, 08:56 AM
God i fooking hate Steven Gerrard

Coney
14-03-2012, 12:31 PM
God i fooking hate Steven Gerrard

Love it when he is on my FF team. :)

McNamara That Ghost...
14-03-2012, 09:04 PM
Liverpool 0-6 Ajax in the NextGen semi-final. :lol:

Shaqiri Is Boss
14-03-2012, 09:13 PM
I'm sure that was like 1 or 2-0 about 15 minutes ago. :lol:

PGFC
15-03-2012, 02:11 PM
I bet this news sparks some lively debate...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-17382896

Former PM Margaret Thatcher was told a senior Merseyside police officer blamed "drunken Liverpool fans" for causing the Hillsborough disaster, confidential government documents have revealed.

The BBC has seen leaked briefings about Britain's worst sports tragedy.

:popcorn:

Shaqiri Is Boss
15-03-2012, 02:22 PM
This officer is not named.

:rolleyes:

PGFC
15-03-2012, 02:55 PM
This officer is not named.

:rolleyes:

He was probably drunk.

Shaqiri Is Boss
15-03-2012, 03:24 PM
Handy though that the "leak" of a document out of thousands just happens to be of an unnamed police officer (and a Merseyside one at that) putting the blame on the fans. :popcorn:

LDG
15-03-2012, 03:42 PM
It has always been, and always will be the fault of the police and the event organisers.

I heard a really sad story the other day though on my first aid course.

Apparently everyone being dragged out unconcious but breathing, were put in the recovery position by St John's ambulance, but striken relatives trying to find there loved ones were turning people on their backs to try and see who was who....sadly lost many lives due to people sufficating through blocked airways :(

Shaqiri Is Boss
15-03-2012, 08:36 PM
It has always been, and always will be the fault of the police and the event organisers.

I heard a really sad story the other day though on my first aid course.

Apparently everyone being dragged out unconcious but breathing, were put in the recovery position by St John's ambulance, but striken relatives trying to find there loved ones were turning people on their backs to try and see who was who....sadly lost many lives due to people sufficating through blocked airways :(
Is right. It will never be properly and officially acknowledged though, not in our lifetimes anyway.

I've never heard your last point before, but I can imagine it to be true, which is sad.

Kano
19-03-2012, 03:38 PM
http://www.imgnook.com/55Polo.gif

LDG
19-03-2012, 03:41 PM

Cripps_orig
20-03-2012, 12:13 AM
http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Singapore-couple-in-Liverpool-FC-themed-wedding-walk-down-aisle-to-You-ll-Never-Walk-Alone-article880606.html

True fans tbh

GP
24-03-2012, 09:00 PM
http://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net/photos/large/500588610.jpg?key=14001500&Expires=1332623739&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA&Signature=EP1LyaN71VB3YhoeySzUYVIGPI43S93YAZyprD6q me5k7b7aKJDhBEM-S0b~irSJGjXjnzUFyHrt~m3NtAmZxLHjxlTuFLNX28gG9Clj1z Gi9AG3yLiAIa5OkItDZfhgt5TpJIEos66mVFv2ZXgyX9gDlIht VkI5H6cvjfDHEZA_

Xhaka Can’t
24-03-2012, 09:11 PM
:haha: Brilliant!

PGFC
26-03-2012, 12:29 PM
Can we start the "Keep King Kenny at Liverhoof" campaign now then?

Cripps_orig
27-03-2012, 11:51 PM
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/03/28/2996319/adam-ruled-out-for-the-remainder-of-liverpools-season-with

Hope is rekindled

Master Splinter
28-03-2012, 12:34 AM
I'm sure Suarez/Torres/Shelvey/Kyrgiakos Is Boss is devastated.

The comments :haha:.

Cripps_orig
28-03-2012, 12:37 AM
Jonjo Shelvey will have to step up and he's Indian.

Liverpool favourites for top 4 and the FA Cup tbh

Master Splinter
28-03-2012, 12:40 AM
Big spring for Indians.

Englebert and Jonjo should do you proud.

Shaqiri Is Boss
28-03-2012, 11:39 AM
I'm sure Suarez/Torres/Shelvey/Kyrgiakos Is Boss is devastated.

The comments :haha:.
You forgot Babel and NGog. The Greek was never boss. And I was never Tibbles, that was Nine.

Shelvey may be a good shout though for the future... why he hasn't played more than he has is baffling.

I would never cheer an injury to a Liverpool player, but I'm not devastated. He looks more mobile on crutches.

Cripps_orig
29-03-2012, 12:34 AM
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4226051/Gerard-Houllier-says-winning-cups-will-not-be-enough-for-Liverpool.html

Houllier giving advice to Kenny

Cripps_orig
29-03-2012, 10:02 AM
http://www.talksport.co.uk/magazine/features/120328/six-worst-liverpool-teams-how-does-dalglishs-2012-team-compare-167137

There were some shockers there

Coney
29-03-2012, 11:20 AM
http://www.talksport.co.uk/magazine/features/120328/six-worst-liverpool-teams-how-does-dalglishs-2012-team-compare-167137

Worst of all-time? Football started in 1992 did it? United fan are you? Ridiculous article. Most of these teams were decent sides that had a poor season.Your 02/03 team, for example, finished second the year before and most of them would pick up Champion's League winners medals two years later.

Hmmh

Flavs
02-04-2012, 02:22 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17583592

He wont need to resign if he carries on like this, he will be sacked soon enough. Funniest thing yesterday was the Caroll dive after taking so much shit from the toon fans to do something that stoopid was brilliant to watch.

Our of interest did Papa Cisse cost £35mil?

Flavs
02-04-2012, 02:25 PM

just goes to show that when people take the piss out of Wenger for some of the players we have signed, compared to Liverpool we are a world class transfer team. £10mil for Diouf? £20mil for Aquillani? £35mil for Carroll????

Cripps_orig
04-04-2012, 10:27 AM
JOHN ALDRIDGE has launched an astonishing attack on Liverpool and dubbed his old club a ‘laughing stock’.

Local-boy Aldridge spent 2½ years with his boyhood heroes as part of a forward unit many Kopites still rate as the most breathtaking in the Reds’ history.

Few former stars have been hurt quite as much by the club’s worst run since 1953 and the prospect of their lowest-ever Premier League finish as Aldo.

Sunday’s 2-0 humiliation at Newcastle was their sixth loss in seven league games, and only rock-bottom Wolves have a poorer record since the turn of the year.

Most humiliating of all for die-hard Reds is the serious prospect of finishing below neighbours Everton for only the second time in Premier League history.

Now one-time Kop idol Aldo has aimed both barrels at his former employers — and delivered a verdict as deadly as the finishing which brought him 63 goals in 104 games.

Aldridge, who watches Liverpool every week working for local radio, blasted: “Liverpool are now in a crisis. To lose six out of seven in the league is something the club won’t tolerate, we can’t tolerate.

“To have picked up just eight points out of 36 since the turn of the year is shambolic — relegation form.

“The fact that this is the worst run in the league since 1953 speaks volumes. The eyes of the world are on Liverpool FC and the critics are having a field day. We’re becoming a laughing stock.

“We’re all proud to be associated with the club and everything it has achieved over the years. But at the moment being a fan is just embarrassing and that’s something I haven’t had to say before.”

Aldridge went to Anfield in 1987, snapped up from Oxford by current Kop boss Kenny Dalglish to replace Juventus-bound Ian Rush.

He spearheaded a line-up which included Peter Beardsley and John Barnes, and lifted two league titles and an FA Cup, before heading for Real Sociedad.

The Liverpool of today could hardly be more removed from the one of his day, which went on a then record unbeaten start of 29 games and lifted the title at a canter.

Aldridge, 53, said: “You can blame the manager and the coaching staff but it comes down to the players.

“Some of them should take a look in the mirror.They are playing for one of the biggest clubs in the world.

“We know we’re not the finished article but we’re better than what we’ve seen recently.

“The team just seems to have lost belief. They need to get back to playing for each other.

“We’ve talked about good performances not getting the rewards they deserved, but it’s time for all those excuses to be thrown out of the window.

“Liverpool FC fans are going to work distraught and seeing the team struggle like they did at Newcastle hurts a lot.”

The Reds have proved they can still match the big guns in a one-off — as they proved by knocking both Manchester clubs out of the domestic cups.

The Carling Cup is in safe keeping, and on Saturday week they have a Wembley showdown with Everton as they gun for a place in the FA Cup final.

But they will have to do it without keeper Pepe Reina, banned for three games after his dismissal at Newcastle, and with players’ confidence on the slide.

Aldo added: “When you are in a rut it’s hard to get out of it.

“As a manager sometimes you have to do something different just to try to get a response. When I was at Tranmere occasionally I’d take all the lads for a Chinese or a few beers.

“Something needs to be done to spark a reaction.

“More than anything I want to see some pride. That’s all we’re playing for in the league now.

“The target has to be to make sure the Blues don’t finish above us.

“They have turned their season around and now we need to see our players follow suit.”

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4237117/John-Aldridge-Liverpool-are-now-a-laughing-stock.html

Aldo :bow:

Shaqiri Is Boss
04-04-2012, 11:05 AM
Well he's right.

And I think if anyone would realise that it would be Dalglish. Whether he can fix it, :shrug:.

Flavs
04-04-2012, 11:40 AM
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4237117/John-Aldridge-Liverpool-are-now-a-laughing-stock.html

Aldo :bow:

What a ****

The eyes of the world are on Liverpool FC

no they aren't because its not 1987, i hate to break it to you John and to the 96% of all Liverpool fans but very few people actually give a fuck what you are doing and how its going.

Also

They are playing for one of the biggest clubs in the world.

No they arent, they are playing for a slightly above mid table side managed by a **** and full of **** players.

LDG
04-04-2012, 11:41 AM

Cripps_orig
04-04-2012, 11:44 AM
Kenny installed as the new favourite to be the next manager to leave their post by the end of the season in the Premiership

Flavs
04-04-2012, 11:46 AM
Sorry but excluding NGIB and the scouse at work they are the most self obsessed football fans in the world, "the eyes of the world are on us" no they aren't , they are watching the build up to the master you fuckstick.

Cripps_orig
04-04-2012, 11:47 AM
NGIB?

Flavs
04-04-2012, 11:51 AM
NGIB?

Ngog is boss

Coney
04-04-2012, 12:17 PM
Kenny installed as the new favourite to be the next manager to leave their post by the end of the season in the Premiership

The new ownership have asked for him to do a written report on why they are so crap atm. The fans have a problem with their big hero on the field seeming to be not so good as a manager. I don't think he gets the modern game and they'd be better off getting someone else like Harry Redknap.

Cripps_orig
05-04-2012, 12:10 PM
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/04/05/3015628/dalglish-claims-factors-outside-our-jurisdiction-have-hurt

What factors would these be then?

McNamara That Ghost...
05-04-2012, 12:58 PM
Other teams playing better than them.

KSE Comedy Club
05-04-2012, 01:02 PM
"But there are other things that have happened that we cannot change, like things that are outside our jurisdiction that we have not had a break with. So there is no point in trying to address them."

roughly translated as: "I have no idea why we've been so shit, so i will make up some bullshit about imaginary stuff to point the finger at and because it doesnt exist, I can explain it away by saying there's no point talking about it"

What a laughable douche.

Shaqiri Is Boss
05-04-2012, 01:16 PM
Manager tries to deflect blame and attention away from his own team :faint:

KSE Comedy Club
05-04-2012, 04:39 PM
Manager tries to deflect blame and attention away from his own team :faint:By not actually having anything to deflect it away with?

Letters
06-04-2012, 10:20 AM
Went to the Barbers and asked for a Liverpool FC haircut. A mess at the back, nothing on the sides and nothing up front. He charged me £130 million.

:rimshot:

McNamara That Ghost...
06-04-2012, 10:26 AM
By not actually having anything to deflect it away with?

He could use Carroll.

Thierrymon
06-04-2012, 10:40 AM
Went to the Barbers and asked for a Liverpool FC haircut. A mess at the back, nothing on the sides and nothing up front. He charged me £130 million.

:rimshot:

Sadly that is a haircut i see regularly around here. Bogans :rolleyes:

GP
06-04-2012, 10:40 AM
Went to the Barbers and asked for a Liverpool FC haircut. A mess at the back, nothing on the sides and nothing up front.

Isn't that your normal haircut haha lol jk

Marc Overmars
10-04-2012, 04:07 PM
Jonathan Creek criticised Liverpool for not playing on the 15th.

Now of course he's recieved dogs abuse and death threats on Twitter.

Internet warriors. :bow:

Cripps_orig
10-04-2012, 04:26 PM
It is a bit ridiculous that they wont play on the 15th

Coney
10-04-2012, 04:44 PM
Not really.

Cripps_orig
10-04-2012, 04:46 PM
Its not disrespectful to the 90 odd people who died if they played on the day,

If they have to play on the 15th then they should especially when Chelsea have a mid week game v Barca and could have done with their FA cup semi being on the saturday.

They should have had priority

Syn
10-04-2012, 04:48 PM
Jonathan Creek criticised Liverpool for not playing on the 15th.

Now of course he's recieved dogs abuse and death threats on Twitter.

Internet warriors. :bow:

The annoying thing is - he seems to be affected by it. Issued apologies and keeps responding to the twats.

You can expect the TC podcast to be very watered down now.

Shaqiri Is Boss
10-04-2012, 05:11 PM
It's not just about being respectful. It's not a case of the club just having a day off, we also have the memorial which we think should take precedence and which all of the players and staff attend.

The idea that any sort of football game has priority over a club's wishes to remember dead fans is ridiculous.

That's not to say I don't think the FA shouldn't have helped Chelsea out with the semi final etc, but not at our expense. The idea we'd play an Fa Cup semi final on the 15th is absurd as well.

I can understand other peoples' puzzlement with our stance, I can also understand those who say we could play on the date and still honour them, but that along with whatever United or Bradford or whoever do on 6 Feb or 11 May is wholly irrelevant.

As for Alan Davies, he said it in a crass way, he's apologised (and I understand made a donation to the HJC), move on. I'm far less bothered about things like that and far more interested in those who still spout the bile and hatred with regards to Hillsborough to this day. As for the keyboard warriors, they're no better.

Letters
10-04-2012, 05:15 PM
I like Alan Davies but he is a bit of a cock on The Tuesday Club.

Olivier's xmas twist
10-04-2012, 05:24 PM
Its not disrespectful to the 90 odd people who died if they played on the day,

If they have to play on the 15th then they should especially when Chelsea have a mid week game v Barca and could have done with their FA cup semi being on the saturday.

They should have had priority

Nonsesne Chelsea should get priority what 4,its been known for ages pool don't play on that day and rightly so and chelsea and the fans knew that.

Chelsea are at home anyway in the Cl so whats the big deal, even in the cup, its only down thw road.

And what about all those pool fans who have paid for hotels what where they meant to do.

Syn
10-04-2012, 05:31 PM
If Liverpool don't want to play on the 15th, that is fine so long as no other team is disadvantaged. The authorities in question should try to move the fixture if it doesn't cause a pile-up for the opposition, but in this case, it just wasn't possible with Chelsea still in 3 competitions. So Liverpool should've been made to forfeit the game.

IMO Alan Davies said nothing wrong at all. He wasn't mocking the event - he described it as the worst in his memory regarding football. Taking the piss a bit out of the other clubs and managers is fine too. But he wasn't taking the piss in this instance - he was annoyed that Chelsea were disadvantaged from it and had to accept it...and he's right. If we were in Chelsea's position, we'd be fuming. Or, at least, I would.

Olivier's xmas twist
10-04-2012, 05:44 PM
True, Really did not see no need for both Everton and Pool to Travel all the way to London. Could have played this game at 6pm at old trafford on Sat, and Chelsea vs Spuds ar 12pm at Wembley on Sat.

Shaqiri Is Boss
10-04-2012, 05:58 PM
Well our game could easily have been rearranged.

If it wasn't for the FA needing to pay off the Wembley bill our semi final could be played at a different ground so both semis are played on the same day.

The fact two northern teams need to travel to London is nonsensical anyway.

There's also a 2 day gap [for the record by that I mean, for example, playing on the 22nd and then 25th] between your game against Chelsea and the away leg of the Barca semi, why aren't they asking for that to change too? Surely that's an even more strenuous run with travel etc.
Plenty of teams have had 2 day gaps between two important games, this is no different, and they won't be the last to have to do so either.

Cripps_orig
10-04-2012, 06:01 PM
Nonsesne Chelsea should get priority what 4,its been known for ages pool don't play on that day and rightly so and chelsea and the fans knew that.

Chelsea are at home anyway in the Cl so whats the big deal, even in the cup, its only down thw road.

And what about all those pool fans who have paid for hotels what where they meant to do.Cos Chelsea are still in the CL and Liverpool arent?

Being at home or away doesnt make a difference

And wtf does your last line have to do with anything? If the FA hadnt bent over for Liverpool then the fans wouldnt have booked hotels etc for the saturday but would have for sunday

Syn
10-04-2012, 06:08 PM
Well our game could easily have been rearranged.

If it wasn't for the FA needing to pay off the Wembley bill our semi final could be played at a different ground so both semis are played on the same day.

The fact two northern teams need to travel to London is nonsensical anyway.

There's also a 2 day gap [for the record by that I mean, for example, playing on the 22nd and then 25th] between your game against Chelsea and the away leg of the Barca semi, why aren't they asking for that to change too? Surely that's an even more strenuous run with travel etc.
Plenty of teams have had 2 day gaps between two important games, this is no different, and they won't be the last to have to do so either.

That's a bit of a illogical cop out. The fact that teams do have to manage with short breaks is not the same thing as another team refusing to play a match that is causing that pile-up. After the Muamba incident, Bolton's game with Villa was put back. But if they didn't want to play for a few after that, I'm sure they would have to forfeit the points. At a certain point, you've got to play on or be prepared to give the opposition the game. The bottom line is that Chelsea have been disadvantaged because Liverpool are refusing to play the game on the day it is supposed to be played. I don't care much for Chelsea but I think that's out of order.

Shaqiri Is Boss
10-04-2012, 06:38 PM
Bit of a difference with Bolton though. You're talking about if there was absolute havoc with the fixture list over several games and a long period. And with extremely short notice, for obvious reasons, at that. As it is the rearranged game is 3 days after Villa play Sunderland, so you could say the same situation here.

This is one date and one game over a subject that has been known about for years. We also requested to UEFA that we play our CL QF in 2009 with Chelsea on the 14th rather than the 15th, with both teams already playing previously on the 11th, so it's not as if it's uncharted territory.

It's hardly putting Chelsea out of the ties. It's 1 day FFS, hardly a pile up. A team won't lose a match because they had to play a game a day later than they would prefer. If it were the case that it meant Chelsea had to play 3 in 3 or only had a day between the two games or something totally unreasonable then maybe, but it isn't.

I wouldn't say them playing Sunday-Wednesday is unreasonable at all, or even remotely out of order.

And it's not as if we were originally going to play on the 15th, the date was set in stone and then we suddenly threw our arms in the air over it - our game wasn't "supposed" to be played on any date, just over the weekend of 14/15. We made the request before the dates had been allotted and before Chelsea even got into the semi final.

And again that's only assuming our game couldn't have been rearranged and that both games had to be played at Wembley, of which I think both were possibilities.

Coney
10-04-2012, 10:52 PM
Caroll loves scoring against the top sides:-

Andy Carroll's 2011-12 goals

24 August: Exeter (a)
1 October: Everton (a)
29 October: West Brom (a)
6 January: Oldham (h)
31 January: Wolves (a)
19 February: Brighton (h)
10 April: Blackburn (a)

Marc Overmars
10-04-2012, 10:53 PM
Money well spent.

Master Splinter
10-04-2012, 10:56 PM
Carroll is the best in the world at what he does.

It's only logical that he would be more expensive than Rio.

Ollie the Optimist
10-04-2012, 11:27 PM
the justice for the 96 cause (dont quite know what it is called) a charity raising money to help fight for justice has rejected £1000 paid by alain davies into their account.

they really dont help themselves do they.

KSE Comedy Club
11-04-2012, 12:50 AM
the justice for the 96 cause (dont quite know what it is called) a charity raising money to help fight for justice has rejected £1000 paid by alain davies into their account.

they really dont help themselves do they.Ffs, how pathetic.

What the fuck do they want? Blood?

Joker
11-04-2012, 09:08 AM
Don't think it inconveniences Chelsea that much to be playing on Sunday then Wednesday tbh. In fact I don't see why they couldn't just hold one of the semis at somewhere like Villa Park, so that both could be played on a Saturday. I know there are financial and logistical issues with that, but surely they wouldn't be insurmountable?

McNamara That Ghost...
11-04-2012, 09:34 AM
It'd make sense for Liverpool vs Everton to be somewhere away from London but ultimately the FA have a huge White Elephant they need to pay off.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
11-04-2012, 10:38 AM
sick and tired of liverpool milking hillsborough.

ffs we know how bad it was but christ get over it. you dont see man utd or rangers playing on the heartstrings every fucking year and rejecting to play on the same weekend. if anything playing that weekend will be an occassion to show the passion and togetherness of the fans and players combined. should spur your players to victory.

united lost 20 PLAYERS. HALF THEIR BLOODY TEAM. yet they get on with it.

another reason i hate scousers. absolute whining idiots.

Marc Overmars
11-04-2012, 10:48 AM
Yeah but what do you really feel?

Rors
11-04-2012, 11:01 AM
Alan Davies was in no way whatsoever "disrespecting the memory of the 96". He was merely asking a question/giving his opinion in the slightly jocular manner you would expect from a club's own internal broadcast. I agree with Liverpool not wanting to play on the 15th (different people react to different situations in different ways - just because United and Rangers don't does not make 'Pools request any less valid), but not accepting his fund donation is bang out of order.

Flavs
11-04-2012, 11:10 AM

ffs we know how bad it was but christ get over it. you dont see man utd or rangers playing on the heartstrings every fucking year and rejecting to play on the same weekend. if anything playing that weekend will be an occassion to show the passion and togetherness of the fans and players combined. should spur your players to victory.

This

Shaqiri Is Boss
11-04-2012, 11:10 AM
Alan Davies was in no way whatsoever "disrespecting the memory of the 96". He was merely asking a question/giving his opinion in the slightly jocular manner you would expect from a club's own internal broadcast. I agree with Liverpool not wanting to play on the 15th (different people react to different situations in different ways - just because United and Rangers don't does not make 'Pools request any less valid), but not accepting his fund donation is bang out of order.
Can't really disagree with any of that. Not accepting the donation, no matter how hollow you think it is, just looks petty.

As I say, I'm far less bothered about things like that and more about the complete idiots who continue to spout their own pathetic ignorance especially when they can't even get their facts right about other disasters.

Coney
11-04-2012, 11:55 AM
It'd make sense for Liverpool vs Everton to be somewhere away from London but ultimately the FA have a huge White Elephant they need to pay off.

I don't see what it has got to do with Lampard. :unsure:

McNamara That Ghost...
11-04-2012, 11:58 AM
I don't see what it has got to do with Lampard. :unsure:

He'll be there on Sunday, watching everyone run past him.

Ollie the Optimist
11-04-2012, 12:09 PM
The furore over Alan Davies’s perfectly sensible comments on Hillsborough raises a question: what are you allowed to say about that tragic event? All Davies said is that it is ridiculous for Liverpool FC to refuse to play a match on the anniversary date of the Hillsborough disaster, which is true. We don’t normally hide away from the world on the anniversaries of terrible events. We don’t all stop using the London Underground on 17 November (the anniversary of the King’s Cross fire of 1987 that killed 32 people) or keep our children home from school on 21 October (the date in 1966 when a slag heap killed 116 schoolkids in Aberfan). So why shouldn’t Liverpool, like every other team, play football on 15 April?
The Twitterstorm and media handwringing over Davies’s comments confirm that Hillsborough is now surrounded by a forcefield of emotional correctness, by an extraordinary air of religiosity which demands that we all follow certain mawkish rituals and agree never to depart from the Hillsborough dogma. That is Davies’s real crime – he didn’t speak ill of the Hillsborough dead or make an offensive joke at their expense; he merely questioned the bathetic ideology that now surrounds the Hillsborough disaster, which insists that normal life must go into shutdown on 15 April every year as Liverpudlians once again weep their tears and whip their backs. He effectively committed a thought crime against the cult of emotional correctness, daring to ask why we must make endless performances of public mourning in response to terrible tragedies like Hillsborough.
The Hillsborough disaster was a key turning point in the development of the mourning sickness that has modern Britain in its grip. Of course, the initial response of Liverpudlians to this disaster in 1989, their expressions of shock and grief, were genuine and understandable. But since then, those reactions have become ritualised, robbed of their original intensity and turned instead into emotional dogma, which everyone is expected either to adopt or certainly to respect. Davies, in simply saying to Liverpool FC “What are you talking about, ‘We won’t play on the day’?”, has committed the grave offence of failing to observe and correctly repeat the emotional Catechism of the Hillsborough religion. What he should have said, if he was a good, Scouse-fearin’ individual, is: “Yes, of course, it is absolutely right that Liverpool should not play football on this sad and painful day.”
In many ways, the reaction to Hillsborough was the prototype for later outbursts of emotional correctness, from the weird weepy reaction to Princess Diana’s death in 1997 to the media hysteria that greeted the disappearance of Madeleine McCann in 2007. In all those instances of public mourning, in all the Shared National Experiences of ostentatious grieving, the rules and rituals set in motion after Hillsborough have come into play. Thou must make a public performance of sorrow. Thou must never deviate from the emotional script. Thou must not question why we weep, year in and year out, and just get on with weeping. Thou must wallow in one-off tragedies forever and severely chastise anyone who says “Life moves on”. Those are the stifling, speech-restricting, thought-policing, miserable, mawkish rules of emotionally correct modern Britain, and they were written and made gospel on the back of the Hillsborough disaster 22 years ago. God help anyone who deviates from them, as Davies has discovered: he has received hate mail and death threats or daring to question the grief gospel.
Some people attribute the enforced emotional sensitivity over Hillsborough to the peculiar touchiness of Liverpudlians. Liverpool is "self-pity city", we are told, where they love nothing more than to play the victim card. Perhaps. But if that is true, then we are all Scousers now. Mourning sickness and emotionally correct hysteria are widespread in twenty-first-century Britain, stretching from Liverpudlian housing estates to the London eateries of the Guardian-reading set. It can be glimpsed in everything from the hunting down and imprisonment of an offensive drunken tweeter who refused to go along with the “Pray for Fabrice Muamba” trend to the broadsheets’ haranguing of Jan Moir for not being sufficiently mournful following the death of Stephen Gately. The post-Hillsborough era is one of extraordinarily restrictive emotionalism and censoriousness.
Davies has now repented for his sins, making a public apology for his comments and offering to make a donation to the Hillsborough Justice Campaign – the modern equivalent of doing penance. He shouldn’t have apologised. We need more upfront, unapologetic criticism of the backward modern idea that there is a correct way to feel, a correct way to grieve, and even a correct way to think.

very goood telegraph article on davies

Cripps_orig
11-04-2012, 12:10 PM
Needs more paragraphs tbh

GP
11-04-2012, 12:13 PM
He'll be there on Sunday, watching everyone run past him.

He'll be soaring gracefully around the pitch like an eagle...

...piloting a blimp.

Shaqiri Is Boss
11-04-2012, 12:15 PM
Brendan O'Neill is the editor of spiked, an independent online phenomenon dedicated to raising the horizons of humanity by waging a culture war of words against misanthropy, priggishness, prejudice, luddism, illiberalism and irrationalism in all their ancient and modern forms.

Sounds like a bit of a arse, tbh.

And after reading the "article", that's not far from the truth. Actually after reading some of his other "articles", he just writes for wannabe social activists who think it entails being a contrarian and aloof on anything emotive.

Olivier's xmas twist
11-04-2012, 03:03 PM
Cos Chelsea are still in the CL and Liverpool arent?

Being at home or away doesnt make a difference

And wtf does your last line have to do with anything? If the FA hadnt bent over for Liverpool then the fans wouldnt have booked hotels etc for the saturday but would have for sunday

My point was when the draw was made pool fans knew they not play on the sunday as they never do so they were booked the Hotels to stay overnight on friday or whatever.

Why should they change it and loose there money because the chavs don't like it and they live in london so its easier for them anyway.

Olivier's xmas twist
11-04-2012, 03:05 PM

So what your saying is instead of moaning Playing Everton their biggest rivals on that day could be good for them so if they win they could dedicate it to those 96 who died.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
11-04-2012, 03:08 PM
So what your saying is instead of moaning Playing Everton their biggest rivals on that day could be good for them so if they win they could dedicate it to those 96 who died.

er yes.

and with it being everton, and the history of both clubs relating to hillsborough (tying of scarves stadium to stadium etc), it would actually be quite a momentous occassion to show the world the power of football can unite everyone.

Olivier's xmas twist
11-04-2012, 03:22 PM
er yes.

and with it being everton, and the history of both clubs relating to hillsborough (tying of scarves stadium to stadium etc), it would actually be quite a momentous occassion to show the world the power of football can unite everyone.

Agree, but i suppose if it still Upsets the current Sqaud, personally, i don't think most would be bothered by it specially the foreign lads but i can see why the likes of Stevie me may want to honour that day.

But lets be real in 23 years that day would have fallen on a playing day 3 years i think, so don't really see the bif fuss over the whole thing tbh.

Cripps_orig
11-04-2012, 05:08 PM
Listening to Talksport.

Durham went nuts with what Alan Davies said :lol:

Dennis Bendtner
12-04-2012, 09:49 AM
Liverpool have sacked Director of Football Damien Comolli after the club's owners, Fenway Sports Group, reviewed the club's failure in the transfer market that saw high profile and expensive acquisitions such as Andy Carroll contribute to a chastening season in the Premier League for Kenny Dalglish's side.

Comolli was appointed to the position of Director of Football Strategy at Anfield in November 2010, and given a remit to oversee the recruitment of players to the club.

His first major impact was to play a role in the January signings of Luis Suarez and Andy Carroll, for a British transfer record fee of £35m.

He became Director of Football in March 2011, effectively taking on many aspects of a chief executive's role, though focused solely on the business of playing side of the club.

He was pivotal in the signings of Jordan Henderson, Charlie Adam, Stewart Downing, Jose Enrique, Sebastian Coates and Craig Bellamy, though in all instances manager Kenny Dalglish had the final say in the deals.

The mixed success of those players, most notably Carroll but also Henderson, Adam and to a lesser extend Downing, appears to have cost him his job.

It is an extraordinary turn of events that sees a high profile member of the administration relieved of his job days before an FA Cup semi-final, against Everton rather than at the end of the season.

However an awful run of results that has left Liverpool closer to the relegation places than the top of the table in terms of points has seen the American owners act decisively.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/9199540/Liverpool-sack-Director-of-Football-Damien-Comolli-as-owners-react-to-failed-transfer-policy-and-desperate-run-of-results.html

Agent Comolli. :bow:

McNamara That Ghost...
12-04-2012, 10:09 AM
He delayed the Spuds rise to the top and now Liverpool too. And he's mates with Wenger.

Who's next?

:bow:

LDG
12-04-2012, 10:17 AM
He delayed the Spuds rise to the top and now Liverpool too. And he's mates with Wenger.

Who's next?

Back to the sp*ds :pray:

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
12-04-2012, 10:34 AM
clearly been made a scapegoat.

GP
12-04-2012, 10:35 AM
clearly been made a scapegoat.

Rightly so!

Downing :lol:

Carroll :lol:

Adam :lol:

Olivier's xmas twist
12-04-2012, 10:36 AM

Who's next?

He leaves when he wants he leaves when he wants Damien Comolli he leaves when he wants.

:lol: Pool

KSE Comedy Club
12-04-2012, 10:53 AM
And yet they leave king kenny as manager, brilliant :bow:

Pool :pal:

Flavs
12-04-2012, 10:57 AM
Steve Clarke will be sacked next as well :pal:

Marc Overmars
12-04-2012, 10:59 AM
I really think Rafa is going to return at some point. :shrug:

What would you think of that Nibbles?

Flavs
12-04-2012, 11:01 AM
Hang on i will dig out my Rafa quote...

"We need more money to invest in the team"

Shaqiri Is Boss
12-04-2012, 11:14 AM
I really think Rafa is going to return at some point. :shrug:

What would you think of that Nibbles?
Been saying it's a possibility for a while, he would say he has unfinished business. He's clearly had the chance to take other jobs and turned them all down. Still lives in his old house as well.

Personally I'd be hesitant to welcome him back with open arms (I think you should never go back; Kenny was a special case but proving it right). Not having a DoF would suit Rafa to the ground though.

It was obvious for a while that Comolli would be the fall guy for Kenny, and that's exactly what happened. "Family reasons" is as old as "irreconcilable differences".

It's all a bit of a mess, really. And the timing is just plain odd, unless there really are family reasons behind it.

Flavs
12-04-2012, 11:23 AM
Steve Bruce is free?

Shaqiri Is Boss
12-04-2012, 11:24 AM
Steve Bruce is free?
......Welcome back Rafa!

Actually I think I would rather have you in charge.

I'd draw the line at John Barnes though.

LDG
12-04-2012, 11:26 AM
I can see Liverpool getting someone good next. There have been too many false dawns for them too.

I don't want them to get better. But I think something will change for the better sooner rather than later. Unfortunately.

Flavs
12-04-2012, 11:29 AM
......Welcome back Rafa!

Actually I think I would rather have you in charge.

I'd draw the line at John Barnes though.

I could do a good job at Liverpool to be honest. I would sort that Andy Carroll bloke out and get him scoring freely, out goes Suarez as well. I wouldnt be a crowd pleaser but would get it done

Flavs
12-04-2012, 11:30 AM
I can see Liverpool getting someone good next. There have been too many false dawns for them too.

I don't want them to get better. But I think something will change for the better sooner rather than later. Unfortunately.

I just hope Either Lambert or Rodgers dont go there, with that man-management ability they would be right up there.

Shaqiri Is Boss
12-04-2012, 12:06 PM

Possibly. Then again there aren't too many out there. Big enough name to placate losing Dalglish - even though I think he will step aside - yet available.

I bet Downing and Carroll (and the rest) are getting a little nervous though.

Dennis Bendtner
12-04-2012, 12:15 PM
Will they go for another DoF? I'm thinking Agent Grimandi.

GP
12-04-2012, 12:23 PM
What's Paul Ince up to these days?

Flavs
12-04-2012, 12:24 PM
What's Paul Ince up to these days?

being a ****?

GP
12-04-2012, 12:25 PM
being a ****?

Racist :sulk:

Flavs
12-04-2012, 12:39 PM
Actually i am not sure the players would react well to my unique brand of brutality

Shaqiri Is Boss
12-04-2012, 12:47 PM
Actually i am not sure the players would react well to my unique brand of brutality
Does it involve a burning cross?

Cause I know one player who would love it.

Flavs
12-04-2012, 12:53 PM
Does it involve a burning cross?

Cause I know one player who would love it.

I think it would involve burning Dirk Kuyt to be honest

GP
12-04-2012, 01:15 PM
I think it would involve burning Dirk Kuyt to be honest

That would improve his face.

Flavs
12-04-2012, 01:20 PM
That would improve his face.

Didnt work on Harry Redknapp sadly

Shaqiri Is Boss
12-04-2012, 01:29 PM
Now rumours that Ayre is next. I'd think that'd be a little harsh, but the name that keeps coming up (and has been mentioned in the past iirc) is.... David Dein.

Cripps_orig
12-04-2012, 01:37 PM
Youre welcome to him

Master Splinter
12-04-2012, 01:41 PM
Les Reed and TC double team tbh.

Olivier's xmas twist
12-04-2012, 01:46 PM
Youre welcome to him

No we want him back and they can have PHW tbh.

Cripps_orig
12-04-2012, 01:48 PM
No we want him back and they can have PHW tbh.Hes Wengers best mate.

Getting him back would mean Wenger staying

Not good

Shaqiri Is Boss
12-04-2012, 02:43 PM
Out of interest, what was Dein's attitude to the Emirates?

Am I right in saying he wanted you to move to Wembley?

Marc Overmars
12-04-2012, 02:56 PM
Yeah he preferred a move to Wembley so we could maximise the funds available for investment in the team. He saw the way football was heading in terms of financial clout and wanted us to compete at the top. He's responsible for bringing Kroenke and Usmanov into the picture.

Cripps_orig
12-04-2012, 02:57 PM
He's responsible for bringing Kroenke and Usmanov into the picture.Thats worked well for us

Shaqiri Is Boss
12-04-2012, 02:58 PM
Yeah he preferred a move to Wembley so we could maximise the funds available for investment in the team. He saw the way football was heading in terms of financial clout and wanted us to compete at the top. He's responsible for bringing Kroenke and Usmanov into the picture.
:good:

It seems Brukner has gone too. It's like Football Manager just offering mutual terminations to everyone...

Cripps_orig
12-04-2012, 03:00 PM
Hopefully Kenny stays

Olivier's xmas twist
12-04-2012, 03:23 PM
Thats worked well for us

Had he got his way things would have been diffrent. He'd would have still been on the board and would have kicked Wengers Ass to kingdom come by now for not doing what needs to done, it was the dumb ass board we have now who were happy to settle for less.

Dein's idea for Stan and PHW and Ivan's are too diffrent things.

GP
12-04-2012, 03:37 PM

Am I right in saying he wanted you to move to Wembley?

Yes, thank fuck we didn't.

McNamara That Ghost...
12-04-2012, 04:03 PM
Kenny has been given the vote of confidence.

:rose:

Olivier's xmas twist
12-04-2012, 04:31 PM
Kenny has been given the vote of confidence.

:rose:

He'll be off in the summer then.

McNamara That Ghost...
12-04-2012, 05:53 PM
So are the head of sports medicine and sports science (if they aren't the same person).

J.W Henry is tearing it up. :bow:

Shaqiri Is Boss
12-04-2012, 05:55 PM
So are the head of sports medicine and sports science (if they aren't the same person).

J.W Henry is tearing it up. :bow:
It is; Peter Brukner.

And it seems Achterberg, the Gk coach, is next for the chop. :rose:

It seems like a blank slate for a new manager is taking shape, frankly.

Cripps_orig
12-04-2012, 05:57 PM
Steve Clarke new number 2 at Arsenal?

Olivier's xmas twist
12-04-2012, 05:58 PM
Henry is deffo not messing about, but it could be good for Pool in the long run.

Shaqiri Is Boss
12-04-2012, 07:51 PM
Even the club lawyer has apparently been sacked. :lol:

Which is not all that surprising really.

Master Splinter
12-04-2012, 08:52 PM
Has Sonia been put on gardening leave from her position as half-time entertainment yet?

Shaqiri Is Boss
12-04-2012, 10:11 PM
Cruyff........... :haha:

Flavs
13-04-2012, 07:21 AM

Get as much money as he could and then leave in a strop and spend the next 5 years whining about the good old days?

KSE Comedy Club
13-04-2012, 07:42 AM
Laughable how all Liverpool signings are being labelled as comolli signings, as if kenny had nothing to do with them :lol:

Then when they haven't been good enough on the pitch, it's not kenny's fault either.

Flavs
13-04-2012, 07:43 AM
Wont Kenny take the vacant DOF position and then get a new manager in at the end of the season?

There is the Europa league to think about FFS!

Shaqiri Is Boss
13-04-2012, 10:38 AM
Wont Kenny take the vacant DOF position and then get a new manager in at the end of the season?

There is the Europa league to think about FFS!
That is my thinking too. Rafa, for one, wouldn't be too bothered with Kenny.

And Jeebus, many Liverpool fans put plenty of blame of Kenny for the performances on the pitch and the signings, as well as Comolli. As far as I can tell Comolli went to Dalglish with lists of players who then said yes or no. Comolli then went away and did those deals. So in that sense they are all joint signings, imo. That may well turn out to be wrong but it's the best guess I have.

Flavs
23-04-2012, 09:47 AM
So then.... :)

After yet another loss Liverhoof are now realistically looking down the table to see where they could end up finishing if they keep on losing. Wouldnt it be delightful if they not only finish below Everton but also below the team who beat them on the weekend West Brom, who are delightfully managed by one Mr Royston Hodson...he used to be Liverpool manager you know.

Not that i am bitter,

Japan Shaking All Over
23-04-2012, 10:08 AM
Better than Brookside!

Flavs
23-04-2012, 10:20 AM
they could well end up bottom half if it carries on.

Kenny the saviour :lol:

Xhaka Can’t
23-04-2012, 10:41 AM
I said in another thread how similar their season is to our Cup Double year. However it has been pointed out that rightly or wrongly, that type of achievement just does not hold the same value any longer.

Which is kind of sad for football in general, but funny for Liverpool because while there is the prospect of there having been 2 great days, this has been a season of pretty much unrelenting turgid football.

LDG
23-04-2012, 10:43 AM
I said in another thread how similar their season is to our Cup Double year. However it has been pointed out that rightly or wrongly, that type of achievement just does not hold the same value any longer.

Which is kind of sad for football in general, but funny for Liverpool because while there is the prospect of there having been 2 great days, this has been a season of pretty much unrelenting turgid football.

Zimm has loved every minute of it.

Shaqiri Is Boss
23-04-2012, 10:55 AM
It may take a properly bad league position to initiate the shake up behind the scenes and on the pitch.

Finish 7th or 8th and the cracks can be papered over with the cup wins. Finish 12th or 13th and there's no excuses really.

Coney
23-04-2012, 11:29 AM
It may take a properly bad league position to initiate the shake up behind the scenes and on the pitch.

Finish 7th or 8th and the cracks can be papered over with the cup wins. Finish 12th or 13th and there's no excuses really.

No excuses, maybe. But will they have the balls to sack Dalglish?

Shaqiri Is Boss
23-04-2012, 11:34 AM
No excuses, maybe. But will they have the balls to sack Dalglish?
I don't think they'll sack him.

I think he'll leave of his own accord; not good enough this season, health reasons, chance for a younger manager to take the club forward I was only brought in to stabilise and oversee the first couple of years for the new owners. That type of thing. And he'll move upstairs back to some ambassadorial role.

Flavs
23-04-2012, 11:36 AM
I can see Roberto Martinez having a go if Wigan get relegated

Coney
23-04-2012, 11:46 AM
Not Ranieri then?

GP
23-04-2012, 11:47 AM
I can see Roberto Martinez having a go if Wigan get relegated

It'll be Paul Ince.

GP
23-04-2012, 11:47 AM
It'll be Paul Ince.

Or John Barnes.

Christ, imagine that...

Flavs
23-04-2012, 11:48 AM
Not Ranieri then?

Eurgh god no, funny for us as it would be i dont think the scouse would go for him.

Although he does piss about with his teams a lot and moans about money so they might :unsure:

Coney
23-04-2012, 11:49 AM

Olivier's xmas twist
23-04-2012, 12:21 PM
They may Bring bad Hodgson if WBA finsih above Pool or Rafa he;s looking for work is he not.

Flavs
23-04-2012, 12:23 PM
I wonder if they could do the unthinkable and go after Moyes

Shaqiri Is Boss
23-04-2012, 12:54 PM
Nah, he'd never join us anyway.

Rafa is a possibility, always has been.

I can't help feeling someone like AVB or Rodgers or indeed Martinez would be preferred though.

Shaqiri Is Boss
26-04-2012, 02:54 PM
Liverpool FC is set to become the first football club in the world to give fans a truly unique insight into what goes on behind the scenes with the announcement today that it has teamed up with FOX Soccer to participate in a groundbreaking new documentary series.
http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/lfc-to-star-in-tv-world-first

:ilt:

McNamara That Ghost...
26-04-2012, 02:59 PM
I wish this had been on last year. We could've seen what the process was for signing Carroll. And Adam. And Henderson. And Downing.

Shaqiri Is Boss
26-04-2012, 03:03 PM
I can only assume we put some names into a hat and had a raffle.

To be fair, at the time, the names can be somewhat justified. Sort of. The fees to get them on the other hand...

I wouldn't have though Kenny would be too pleased with the documentary tbh, assuming he will be in it... :ninja:

Dennis Bendtner
26-04-2012, 04:56 PM
Hope you hire Amit Bhatia beforehand.

We all know about the commercial advantages of having Indians

KSE Comedy Club
26-04-2012, 10:08 PM
I wouldn't have though Kenny would be too pleased with the documentary tbh, assuming he will be in it... :ninja:it's a waste of time him being in it anyway, he won't see why he has to answer any questions.

Marc Overmars
26-04-2012, 10:48 PM
He was a moody twat again in his pre game interview today.

Cut the interviewer off from talking about their poor league form.

Such an arsehole.

arsenallovefc
27-04-2012, 05:33 AM
What a season Liverpool have had.. Had to be one of the most rollercoaster-like seasons for many of their fans.

Shaqiri Is Boss
27-04-2012, 01:20 PM
What a season Liverpool have had.. Had to be one of the most rollercoaster-like seasons for many of their fans.
The only rollercoaster it's been like is Oblivion.

KSE Comedy Club
27-04-2012, 11:00 PM
He was a moody twat again in his pre game interview today.

Cut the interviewer off from talking about their poor league form.

Such an arsehole.:gp:

GP
28-04-2012, 09:48 PM
http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/532686_285955674825972_100772770010931_654910_1770 549656_n.jpg

McNamara That Ghost...
03-05-2012, 10:13 AM
Liverpool have posted losses of £50 million (roughly).

That's impressive. Wipe a debt off and then put yourself in the red again. :bow:

Marc Overmars
03-05-2012, 10:25 AM
Big money signings + No CL revenue = fail.

Shaqiri Is Boss
03-05-2012, 10:47 AM
Mother of God. £131m on new players. £131m!

Still, this only goes up to July 2011 (?) so if Ayre is telling the truth and these are mostly made up of defunct costs (Woy, stadium etc) and there is still money from the likes of Warrior to come through then I'm not really too worried. Next years accounts will hopefully be a much better picture, so long as we don't appoint Capello and sack him a week later.

Coney
03-05-2012, 11:29 AM
Big money signings + No CL revenue = fail.

Buy Carroll = fail.

Syn
03-05-2012, 11:39 AM
Can't believe Carroll turned out this shit. Torres, I expected, but I thought Carroll would be awesome and a 25 goal striker. Don't know what happened - he was awesome for Newcastle.

With Chamakh being garbage, I miss having clumsy beanpole up front.

A 'plan B'. Makes life difficult for the defenders. Knock-downs. Holds it up well. Gets his head on the end of it. Puts himself about. Good touch for a big lad.

We need to sign one.

Niall_Quinn
03-05-2012, 01:49 PM
Can't believe Carroll turned out this shit. Torres, I expected, but I thought Carroll would be awesome and a 25 goal striker. Don't know what happened - he was awesome for Newcastle.

With Chamakh being garbage, I miss having clumsy beanpole up front.

A 'plan B'. Makes life difficult for the defenders. Knock-downs. Holds it up well. Gets his head on the end of it. Puts himself about. Good touch for a big lad.

We need to sign one.

Carroll is a prick. He has all the weapons to be a top striker, must be a mental problem he has.

Cripps_orig
11-05-2012, 07:05 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18033752

:blink:

Wtf has it got to do with them?

Its getting ridiculous now.

How long before they want a say in who to pick, buy etc?