PDA

View Full Version : The Liverpool Thread 2017/2018 featuring Jurgen Klopp

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9

Shaqiri Is Boss
30-05-2012, 07:10 PM
I think he'll do well for Liverpool
:trophy:

well, relatively speaking. I still think the squad needs a lot of work to challenge for the top 4 though.
Oh...

Have RAWK cut themselves?

They seem to have taken to Rodgers better than Martinez.

Cripps_orig
30-05-2012, 07:40 PM
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/05/30/3136207/liverpool-supporters-could-turn-on-rodgers-if-he-brings-his

Really? They prefer hoofball then?

Shaqiri Is Boss
30-05-2012, 07:45 PM
So he doesn't want Rodgers because he tries to play like Barcelona, but wants Guardiola? :blink:

Syn
30-05-2012, 09:11 PM
I think it's a good appointment. He might go some way to making Liverpool, as a club, tolerable for the neutral. Seems to have a calm, cool personality from what I've heard of him. Might be exactly what the club needs.

Ollie the Optimist
30-05-2012, 09:45 PM
So he doesn't want Rodgers because he tries to play like Barcelona, but wants Guardiola? :blink:

who would the kop chant for now given king kenny was sacked and they all called for him during hodgson reign. wonder what hte odds are of rodgers getting sacked before end of season and benetiz appointed :lol:

Dennis Bendtner
30-05-2012, 10:03 PM
Rodgers looks promising. His team this year can definitely claim to have adhered to a possession-based gameplan, unlike other hyped revolutionaries such as Owen Coyle. Plus as well you know that they didn't often concede loads of goals, from memory. But supposedly much of the good work was already done by Martinez in previous seasons, and maybe he just built on that...but either way, no doubt he's done very well. Hard to know what'll happen with Liverpool as it is a tall order as things stand. Interesting to see what happens.

If you squint, he looks a bit like Rafa.

McNamara That Ghost...
30-05-2012, 10:58 PM
Lawro isn't impressed:

Risky business: Rodgers is the biggest gamble Liverpool have ever taken

John W Henry may have proved he doesn't understand the soul of the club by hiring the young, relatively untried Swansea boss, says Mark Lawrenson

Brendan Rodgers is the biggest gamble in the history of Liverpool Football Club.

Untried, untested and young. It’s an incredible throw of the dice and perhaps illustrates that the American owners do not understand the soul or heartbeat of the club.
Look at the managers down the years. Bob Paisley followed by Shanks, Joe Fagan, Roy Evans and then latterly Gerard Houllier.

Even Graeme Souness was not seen as a gamble at the time because he played for the club, won trophies at Anfield and came in with experience.

Kenny Dalglish was and always will be worshipped. Houllier had experience while the majority of the others came up through the ranks, understood what Liverpool meant and were educated in the boot room.

Dalglish was a former player, a hero, a God. He won the Carling Cup, got Liverpool into Europe and yet was sacked - presumably for not getting into the top four.

So, what is Rodgers’ job requirement?

If you ask me, looking at the squad as it is now, it is IMPOSSIBLE for Liverpool to get into the top four next season.

What will constitute a good season? Finishing sixth. But surely, under the current guidelines, that is not enough for this set-up.

Managing Swansea is one thing but Liverpool quite another. This is not just another former player talking about the boot room.

It is dangerous to underestimate the supporters. They will back Rodgers, support him and give him everything.

But there’s still an aura and an atmosphere at Anfield. There’s an expectancy, tradition and a demand at Liverpool, and I’m not sure John W Henry and Fenway Sports Group understand that.Hicks and Gillett were a nightmare. They ran the club to the brink and, while the new owners have the right motives, I don’t think they get the philosophy of the club.

Liverpool are at a crossroads. Everton finished above Liverpool. There are players coming through but are they going to be the next Steven Gerrard? Some, like Raheem Sterling, have such great promise. But Liverpool need results and improvements now.

These are tough times ahead. The Europa League. Thursdays and Sundays. That’s a tall order to cope with.

Rodgers is a good coach and played lovely football at Swansea. But Dalglish did that at times last season and is a good coach.

They have set the bar so high.

Dalglish didn’t make top four, and that saw the end of him. And the longer you stay out of the top four, the harder it becomes to break back in.

It is so tough, especially with the likes of Chelsea, Manchester City and United trying so hard and breaking the bank to maintain success.

Liverpool can’t compete with that financially. The sort of money afforded to sign players last summer will not be there this time. So Rodgers must turn it around on a limited budget - and that is a huge task.

Liverpool made some bad buys and in the modern game having a director of football or senior figure above should not worry a manager.

Damien Comolli worked well with Dalglish. Louis van Gaal could do well with Rodgers. In these times you need someone to identify players and go and sign them.

But Liverpool just seem to keep getting it wrong.

The Americans have handled the managerial change badly. They underestimated how popular Dalglish was and is.

They have removed a club legend for a managerial rookie.

Rodgers has done really well at Swansea, grew up at Chelsea and graduated from there.

He has played good football at Swansea, but players can also dictate how you play.

It’s not all about how you play at Anfield, because results are paramount.

Rodgers has so much to prove, so much work to do and Liverpool are taking a huge gamble when, after recent failures and setbacks, they cannot afford another mistake.

Interview: John Cross

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/brendan-rodgers-as-liverpool-manager-is-the-biggest-854526

Shaqiri Is Boss
31-05-2012, 10:33 AM
who would the kop chant for now given king kenny was sacked and they all called for him during hodgson reign. wonder what hte odds are of rodgers getting sacked before end of season and benetiz appointed :lol:
Rodgers.

Marc Overmars
31-05-2012, 06:09 PM
So which Swansealona players will Liverpool inevitably be linked with?

Scott Sinclair?

Jose Allen?

Shaqiri Is Boss
31-05-2012, 06:23 PM
Graham, Allen, Vorm, Sinclair and Britton will no doubt be linked.

As will Sigurdsson. Not really Swansea, but it would be :lol: to nab him off them.

I'd wouldn't be annoyed with Allen, young and can't be any worse than what we have frankly, and Sigurdsson so long as he we around the same price ie: Adam money.

I'd hope we can look higher than Britton, Sinclair and Graham. I don't think we'd go for Vorm either.

I'm more interested to see if the likes of Cole will get his chance with the new system and whether Aquilani will have a change of heart. And if there's now a clean slate with Maxi and Kuyt. If not, flog them.

McNamara That Ghost...
01-06-2012, 08:04 AM
Dave Whelan has been spouting off again to SSN, this time about why Martinez didn't take the job and how difficult it will be for Rodgers.

He's the chairman version of Roll Dahn The Windah 'Arrry. :rolleyes:

Marc Overmars
01-06-2012, 08:08 AM
Yeah, it seems like everytime I turn on SSN now that odious prick is on giving his 2 cents.

He's been stirring the pot saying Martinez was their first choice but they won't admit that. :rolleyes:

McNamara That Ghost...
01-06-2012, 08:13 AM
Why couldn't Martinez just let them go down this season? That dick DW will be on every week until the season begins, then it will be on the phone every week.

Shaqiri Is Boss
01-06-2012, 09:08 AM
Handy that we appoint him just as the adidas deal ends and the Warrior deal starts. :whistle:

Shaqiri Is Boss
01-06-2012, 09:26 AM
So any talk of a van Gaal was indeed premature :rose:

At the same time though blows Whelan's ramblings utterly out of the water :pal:

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
01-06-2012, 10:08 AM
ive got to say rodgers handled himself impeccably today. he fits into liverpool and looks right sitting in a press conference as the liverpool manager. he'll bring good attacking football to the club and thats always a bonus as it gives you added time should things go tits up, fans will say 'but hes playing attacking football so give him more time' instead of 'he plays shit football and it wont get any better'.

also showed great authority to get rid of the dof role as well, showed he wont be taken as a mug and the board have put a lot of trust in him. will be interesting to see how he fares with the international market in terms of transfers but if i was a liverpool fan id be very excited. great deal all round. think the whole nation wants him to succeed as he's a young british manager so the media wont be so damning if the ball starts rolling slowly, ultimately benefiting the club.

Kano
01-06-2012, 10:07 PM
this is a pretty interesting read

http://thepathismadebywalking.wordpress.com/tiki-taka-football-handbook/0-complete-handbook/

Cripps_orig
01-06-2012, 10:13 PM
Rodgers cant sign anyone from Swansea for the first 12 months

Doubt he'll even be there that long

Niall_Quinn
01-06-2012, 10:29 PM
this is a pretty interesting read

http://thepathismadebywalking.wordpress.com/tiki-taka-football-handbook/0-complete-handbook/

Aren't they taking this whole Swansea joke a bit far now? Saw them play several times, horrendously boring and couldn't see any difference between them and another mediocre English side. One thing the article fails to mention is that 4-4-2 or 4-2-4 provides entertainment whereas tippy-tappy doesn't. Plus a good defence can easily shut the latter down, as we know only too well.

Kano
01-06-2012, 10:40 PM
Aren't they taking this whole Swansea joke a bit far now? Saw them play several times, horrendously boring and couldn't see any difference between them and another mediocre English side. One thing the article fails to mention is that 4-4-2 or 4-2-4 provides entertainment whereas tippy-tappy doesn't. Plus a good defence can easily shut the latter down, as we know only too well.
well more than anything it is a good insight into the thinking of a football manager and his philosophy of the game. possession is a huge factor in the prem and if they had issues winning games last season i'd agree with you - although next season, even if rodgers had stayed on, would've really put his ideals to the test as teams sat deeper. i'd take their approach over someone like sunderland or villa any day.

Niall_Quinn
01-06-2012, 11:10 PM
i'd take their approach over someone like sunderland or villa any day.

Wouldn't that apply to just about any team though?

Kano
02-06-2012, 12:28 AM
Wouldn't that apply to just about any team though?

perhaps but then again i'd put those two teams in the mediocre bracket and swansea play a type of football much better than that. to return to the top league after so many years with such an style of football is a hugely ambitious and so far successful way to survive in the league.

Niall_Quinn
02-06-2012, 01:06 AM
perhaps but then again i'd put those two teams in the mediocre bracket and swansea play a type of football much better than that. to return to the top league after so many years with such an style of football is a hugely ambitious and so far successful way to survive in the league.

Not saying they haven't done well and that they at least try to play a bit of football. But where has this reputation for Barcelona style play suddenly come from? I can't see any similarities at all. Seems like a ridiculous media overreaction based on some romantic notion that has been attached to a newly promoted team. They did similar shit with Hull, not the Barcelona comparison (obviously) but plucky heroes, great manager, all of which was bullshit. Awful team, awful manager. I suppose the hype will die out next season but the whole Swansea thing must rank as the second most ridiculous exaggeration of the recent season, behind the notion that Stewart Downing is a professional footballer.

Marc Overmars
02-06-2012, 08:57 AM
I think Swansealona tailed off a bit towards the end of the season but they do deserve plaudits for even attempting to play a possession game with what on paper is a fairly mediocre squad. I do think they could potentially struggle next season but we'll see.

Norwich deserve some credit as well but they had a pub element to their game so they're not talked about in the same vein.

QPR were the most pub like of the promoted teams and they only just stayed up. Hopefully Swansealona's blueprint is followed by more sides coming up.

Shaqiri Is Boss
02-06-2012, 12:49 PM
As Mo says they should get some credit for at least trying to play good football, with what on paper is a poor(er) squad.

I'm happy we've got someone in who at the very least has some sort of philosophy of how to play rather than just the same old same old. Obviously the Swanselona thing is tongue in cheek as they're a world away from Barca. I don't expect it to be anything like that at Anfield next season. But playing any form of possession football where we actually look an attacking threat will be a welcome change.

If it doesn't work out then fair enough, but at least we've tried it. Right now we have little to lose but quite a lot to gain.

Niall_Quinn
02-06-2012, 01:50 PM
As Mo says they should get some credit for at least trying to play good football, with what on paper is a poor(er) squad.

I'm happy we've got someone in who at the very least has some sort of philosophy of how to play rather than just the same old same old. Obviously the Swanselona thing is tongue in cheek as they're a world away from Barca. I don't expect it to be anything like that at Anfield next season. But playing any form of possession football where we actually look an attacking threat will be a welcome change.

If it doesn't work out then fair enough, but at least we've tried it. Right now we have little to lose but quite a lot to gain.

Not Swansea I'm having a pop at, it's the stupid hacks who have a pack herd mentality. One guy mentions something, the rest like the sound of it and it gives them something to write about and the myth is born. Then they sustain it no matter how ridiculous it gets.

Shaqiri Is Boss
03-06-2012, 02:01 PM
Kuyt has joined Fenerbahce.

:rose:

We might actually sign a proper winger now...

Syn
03-06-2012, 02:08 PM
That's quite unexpected. At least for me. Kuyt embodied everything Liverpool have become in recent years. Useful player but not super quality. Paves the way for Scott Sinclair. Or Walcott if we can't tie his contract up.

Shaqiri Is Boss
03-06-2012, 02:14 PM
It shouldn't be, it's been on the cards for months.

Same with Aurelio and likely Maxi.

Master Splinter
03-06-2012, 05:34 PM
Best striking full-back ever?

Shaqiri Is Boss
03-06-2012, 10:53 PM
http://assets1.lfcimages.com/images/kit/awaykitassets_nb01062012_boo/2-wakl2012.jpghttp://assets1.lfcimages.com/images/kit/awaykitassets_nb01062012_boo/5-wakl2012.jpg

Our new away kit :unsure:

I guess they're living up to their billing as being different...

Cripps_orig
08-06-2012, 08:17 PM
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/euro2012/4360641/Stewart-Downing-defends-34-England-games-without-a-goal.html

Downing defends himself :lol:

Using MON as a reason to defend yourself isnt a good thing

Shaqiri Is Boss
08-06-2012, 09:21 PM
Yeah he's had a difficult season, to put it mildly. More often than not he just looked scared.

I think I read something the other day that Baines was the only Englishman who had created more chances last season. Obviously a completely hollow argument, but at least he can't really get any worse...

Cripps_orig
22-06-2012, 10:41 AM
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4387365/David-Moyes-Its-time-fro-Liverpool-and-Everton-to-share-a-ground.html

:popcorn:

Shaqiri Is Boss
22-06-2012, 12:17 PM
It won't happen. It will never happen.

They don't have a pot to piss in, we're not going to bankroll them a shiny new stadium. I'd be massively surprised if we didn't redevelop Anfield in any case.

Cripps_orig
22-06-2012, 02:29 PM
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/06/22/3193132/liverpool-monkey-gesture-fan-found-guilty-of-racism-offence

:lol:

Bet he wishes UEFA can punish him

Shaqiri Is Boss
04-07-2012, 10:43 PM
http://store.liverpoolfc.tv/Assets/Liverpool/Client/products/W/S/T/WSTM208_z.jpg
http://assets3.lfcimages.com/uploads/suarez500.jpg

See, it isn't too bad :unsure:

Cripps_orig
04-07-2012, 10:45 PM
Just read that Silvio Berlusconis son wants Carroll when he takes over at Milan when his dad dies or retires

Bet Liverpool fans want it to happen asap

Cripps_orig
04-07-2012, 11:18 PM
Mark Hateley has urged Liverpool striker Andy Carroll, 23, to leave Liverpool and join AC Milan saying he would become a better all-round player if he did.
Full story: talkSPORTIf he was to leave, how much would Liverpool get for him?

No chance of recouping the £35m obviously but i reckon getting even half that would be a struggle

Syn
04-07-2012, 11:43 PM
More than Van Persie :banghead:

Still haven't given up my expectation of him being the new Drogba. If we could sign him for £15m I think it's worth a go. But Hateley's comments make little sense now that Rodgers is Liverpool manager. Rodgers will probably get them to play little bit more tippy-tappy so Carroll's general game will be important.

I doubt AC Milan would even want Carroll.

Cripps_orig
04-07-2012, 11:54 PM
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/ac-milan-reveal-admiration-for-liverpool-and-england-striker-andy-carroll-7911953.html

Syn
05-07-2012, 12:00 AM

I see.

"I must admit that for his body build, and after seeing his header in the Euros, I would like to have Carroll at Milan."

At least that bender's done his homework.

Dennis Bendtner
09-07-2012, 01:51 PM
FOOTBALL
If Liverpool fans are getting agitated because of a lack of signngs they may not have long to wait according to their manager Brendan Rodgers. He says: "The reality is we have only made three or four enquiries about players and hopefully can close out one deal this week which will be a real exciting one for the club, one the supporters will absolutely love."

http://assets.lfcimages.com/uploads/players/heskey.jpg

Flavs
09-07-2012, 01:59 PM
Bendtner :pray:

Shaqiri Is Boss
09-07-2012, 02:11 PM
We'll take Walcott off your hands, if you like.

GP
09-07-2012, 02:19 PM
We'll take Walcott off your hands, if you like.

Swap him for... umm...hmmm...

Shaqiri Is Boss
09-07-2012, 02:20 PM
Swap him for... umm...hmmm...
Money?

Syn
09-07-2012, 02:21 PM
They'll sign Dempsey, I think.

GP
09-07-2012, 02:21 PM
Money?

Deal!

Sucker, I'd have accepted rice krispies squares.

Shaqiri Is Boss
09-07-2012, 02:29 PM
Deal!

Sucker, I'd have accepted rice krispies squares.

We're saving those for Van Persie :good:

GP
09-07-2012, 02:41 PM
No deal.

Double stuff Oreos for Robin of you can forget it.

Flavs
09-07-2012, 02:46 PM
I am wondering about this fan pleasing signing Liverpool can make? How many scouse football players are their that they could reclaim?

Cripps_orig
09-07-2012, 04:52 PM
AC MILAN are considering a loan move for Liverpool’s Andy Carroll.

The England striker was discussed as the clubs talked over Alberto Aquilani’s return to Anfield after his year at the San Siro.

Last Wednesday SunSport revealed that Pier Silvio Berlusconi — the son of ex-Italian PM Silvio, who is the Rossoneri’s billionaire president — had been impressed with Carroll, 23, during Euro 2012.

He said: “This is a new era for Milan.

“We will continue to get younger while maintaining the culture.

“Milan still has its superstars but I’d like to have Carroll at Milan. I was impressed with his strength and his headed goal against Sweden.”

Reports in Italy say Berlusconi is ‘seriously considering’ taking his son’s advice, especially as Carroll might not feature highly in new Reds boss Brendan Rodgers’ plans for this season.

But one story carried on the website of a TV channel owned by media tycoon Berlusconi Jnr hinted that Carroll’s £35million price-tag would make a permanent move unlikely at this stage.

Italy’s economic crisis is high in the elder Berlusconi’s mind so any deal would initially be a loan. A permanent move could only happen if Milan off-load 28-year-old Brazilian Robinho.

AC Milan have lost a host of big names this summer with Filippo Inzaghi, 38, Clarence Seedorf, 36, Mark van Bommel, 35, and 34-year-old Gennaro Gattuso all leaving on free transfers.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4418059/AC-Milan-want-Andy-Carroll-on-loan.html

Liverpool might be challenging for top 4 if this happens

Master Splinter
09-07-2012, 05:58 PM
They'll sign Dempsey, I think.

:(

Hopefully, it's Sinclair.

Shaqiri Is Boss
09-07-2012, 06:09 PM
Or both.

We have to go for someone who can play on the right now Kuyt has gone and we desperately need someone with a bit of pace.

Master Splinter
09-07-2012, 06:30 PM
Hoilett and Moses it is then.

Shaqiri Is Boss
09-07-2012, 07:55 PM
BBC saying Borini is back on the radar (again) :unsure:

Not exactly "incredibly exciting", but we'll see...

Flavs
09-07-2012, 08:03 PM
Or both.

We have to go for someone who can play on the right now Kuyt has gone and we desperately need someone with a bit of pace.

Please take Walcott

Thanks

Shaqiri Is Boss
09-07-2012, 08:19 PM
Please take Walcott

Thanks
I've already sorted the deal with GP.

We're just haggling on Oreos or Rice Krispie Squares for van Persie :good:

Cripps_orig
09-07-2012, 10:54 PM
Walcott is far too important for us tbh

Anyway Fabio Borini is close to joining Liverpool

Syn
10-07-2012, 04:05 PM
Football's favourite Indian signs a new contract with Liverpool.

Man I'm bored.

LDG
10-07-2012, 04:09 PM
Football's favourite Indian signs a new contract with Liverpool.

Man I'm bored.

This has been an incredibly slow day all round.

I have a horrific hangover as well.

Marc Overmars
13-07-2012, 10:28 AM
Liverpool agree a fee with Roma for Borini.

Shaqiri Is Boss
13-07-2012, 10:31 AM
Yay?

Reading a few Chelsea forums (which is the best one can do when there are no Chelsea fans for miles around.... thankfully) they all seem gutted to have let him go and don't want him to sign for us. Which I guess is a better sign than them rolling around laughing. Rodgers clearly likes him so that's also a good sign.

Next, Dempsey.

McNamara That Ghost...
15-07-2012, 06:03 PM
Barcodes have made an offer to take Carroll on loan with a view to buying him back permanently.

:doh:

Pardew has got tired of playing football I guess.

Shaqiri Is Boss
15-07-2012, 06:11 PM
A loan deal would just be stupid. It's not as if they don't know what he's like and how he plays.

If we don't want him then sell him, take the loss and move on. Don't just give him back to the people we bought him off for £35m FFS.

I bet you Mike Ashley is laughing all the way to the bottom of his Stella.

McNamara That Ghost...
15-07-2012, 06:13 PM
Uh oh, double post again?

Mike Ashley possibly might be laughing but this could be the latest in a long line of sabotages for the Barcodes.

Shaqiri Is Boss
15-07-2012, 06:19 PM
I do keep thinking it will surely implode for them at some point.

Maybe this is it... this is how we get our own back.

Master Splinter
15-07-2012, 07:05 PM
Maybe this is it... this is how we get our own back.

Money well spent?

Shaqiri Is Boss
15-07-2012, 07:17 PM
Money well spent?

I'm not even thinking about the money.

In any case, we can probably spin it into a profit if we have decent accountants.

Dennis Bendtner
15-07-2012, 07:18 PM
Maybe Newcastle will be as generous as the Spuds were with Keane and offer £20m.

lol jk £750k at best

Shaqiri Is Boss
15-07-2012, 07:21 PM
The Mirror are saying they'd offer £17m after the year and pay his full wages for the loan.

I tend not to believe The Mirror...

Dennis Bendtner
15-07-2012, 07:32 PM
That would surely be a bit thick. Presumably it's a cesc situation where he only wants Newcastle. And clearly Rodgers doesn't want him. Getting half the money back would be sweet for Liverpool, and piss away much of Newcastle's jackpot winning in the process. Interesting to see what madness comes of this.

Plus they'd have to get Barton back taking set-pieces for Carroll to be of much use. Seems like a good idea.

Shaqiri Is Boss
15-07-2012, 08:11 PM
BBC now saying we've turned it down. :lol:

I think I preferred it when it was quiet about us.

Boss
15-07-2012, 10:37 PM
Carroll will be a star player.

Just needs to join a team with better dead ball delivery than garbage like Henderson, Downing etc.

Ollie the Optimist
17-07-2012, 06:23 PM
By David Maddock 17 Jul 2012 19:14
Suarez reopens Evra row: United's political clout got me banned says star

Liverpool striker defies club's orders to reveal he was reduced to tears by racism saga that saw him suspended for eight games

Shattered: Suarez "cried a lot" over accusations he racially abused Evra
Julian Finney - The FA
Luis Suarez has re-opened the row over his race ban last season, despite being ordered by Liverpool not to discuss it.

The Uruguayan has accused Manchester United of wielding their political power to get him suspended for his controversial comments aimed at United defender Patrice Evra.

The Liverpool striker revealed he was so devastated by the effects of his Evra racism ‘trial’, he was left in tears for days on end as his reputation took a battering.

Speaking to a TV station in his homeland, where the forward is preparing to captain their football team at this summer's Olympics, Suarez offered another explosive insight into his controversial row with Evra.

In it, he claimed:

* United are the political power in English football.

* The Old Trafford club contrived to get him banned.

* It was Evra's fault that the pair didn't subsequently shake hands.

* That the handshake issue was a second conspiracy against him by United.

* He and his wife were reduced to tears by the ordeal.

* Even United fans offered him support.

In the wide-ranging interview with TV show RR Gol, Suarez revealed his Anfield bosses have asked him not to speak about the Evra affair.

But he didn't hold back as he said: "It was so hard what happened to me. I don't show my emotions on the field, but outside I do - and I cried a lot with all the Evra stuff.

"The trial (disciplinary hearing) week was so complicated for me. My wife and I cried a lot during that week.

Flashpoint 1: Suarez and Evra in THAT match at Anfield last October
Getty

"People at the club are sure that it was a way that Manchester United used to put me out of the team and stop Liverpool.

"But in England, Man United has this political power, and you have to respect that and shut your mouth."

Suarez made clear that he feels the FA's guilty verdict on a racism charge, and the subsequent eight-match ban, was inspired by United's political clout within the English game.

And he even went as far as to suggest that when he was later vilified for refusing to shake Evra's hand the next time the pair met after the verdict, it was another United conspiracy.

"It was a misunderstanding, what happened between me and Evra at Old Trafford when we were to shake hands," he insisted, but then added:

"In fact, I think it was all arranged against me again, as it had happened with the punishment.

"I promised my wife, the manager and the directors that I was going to shake my hand with Evra. Why not?, I thought, because I had no problems with him.

"I had been punished because of him, but I had no problems with shaking hands. But I was not forced to greet him. I had no problems with Evra. It was only a handshake and I was OK with that.

"The media in England showed the moment when I passed in front of him, but they didn't see that he had his hand low before.

"Only the media in Uruguay and Spain showed that I wanted to shake his hand."

Flashpoint 2: Suarez insists he wanted to shake Evra's hand earlier this year
Getty

Suarez revealed he felt desperate at times during the long-running saga, but said he was given a major boost from a surprising source when he met a United fan in a restaurant.

"I had to go to Manchester in a taxi for the trial. I got up at seven in the morning and I came home at nine at night. I was exhausted, I was so tired. I wanted to cry, and kick all the things around me," he added.

"I came home and I wanted to do all that, but I couldn't because my daughter was at home. There were really complicated days, and then things became harder after the punishment.

"But Man United fans respect me.

"I have an anecdote: One day, after what had happened with the Man United player, a Man United fan came to the restaurant where I was having lunch with my wife and asked for a picture. He told me, 'I admire you as a footballer.'"

he is such a ****

Shaqiri Is Boss
17-07-2012, 06:38 PM
Not this shit again.

Xhaka Can’t
17-07-2012, 06:41 PM
Not this shit again.

:gp:

Shaqiri Is Boss
17-07-2012, 07:05 PM
:gp:
Although when Terry is let off by the FA, I fully expect it to explode again.

Can't wait...

Cripps_orig
17-07-2012, 09:14 PM
Hes right but no need to start it all up again

GP
18-07-2012, 09:52 AM
Fenway Sports Group website claims Dempsey has joined Liverpool.

Dennis Bendtner
20-07-2012, 02:12 PM
Sky Sports 'understand' Liverpool are close to signing Joe Allen. £15m release clause, they say.

Cripps_orig
20-07-2012, 02:37 PM

Another shite ass player to go with Downing, Adam, Henderson, Lucas, Carroll etc

GP
20-07-2012, 02:40 PM
Sky Sports 'understand' Liverpool are close to signing Joe Allen. £15m release clause, they say.

Who the fuck is that??

Dennis Bendtner
20-07-2012, 02:42 PM
Welsh bloke

Shaqiri Is Boss
20-07-2012, 03:03 PM

Would be a stupidly high fee.

Perfect for us then etc etc.

Get rid of Adam and bring him in, sort out Cole and Aquilani whether they're staying or going, Dempsey and maybe a winger and I'm reasonably optimistic we'll finish higher than 7th.

Marc Overmars
25-07-2012, 09:01 AM
Allen on the verge of signing now.

Welsh Xavi. :bow:

Shaqiri Is Boss
25-07-2012, 10:57 AM
That would be 8 CMs by my count...

That's a lot of rotation.

Dennis Bendtner
25-07-2012, 07:31 PM
They say the first offer was £10m plus Jonjo paaji on loan - rejected. But they continue to talk. Swansea sound miffed at Rodgers reneging on the agreement not to sign anyone from there within a year. I can't remember which of the Swansea midgets this guy was...I guess it was him, Britton and Dyer. I'm assuming he isn't a hollywood hero, which is good. That kind of investment for a one season mid-table midget is significant though.

Marc Overmars
25-07-2012, 07:34 PM
There was a stat doing the rounds last season that he had one of the highest passing completion percentages in Europe. :lol:

Cripps_orig
25-07-2012, 07:35 PM
Dont remember this dude doing anything special last season

New Henderson?

Shaqiri Is Boss
25-07-2012, 07:40 PM
I'm not too fussed on whether we get him really.

But anything that helps push Adam out of the club is fine by me.

Marc Overmars
25-07-2012, 07:45 PM
He's better than Henderson tbf.

Allen was the poster boy for Swansealona's style of play. Not sure how he'll do at Liverpool but Rodgers must know a bit more about him than most. Hefty price though and with that comes a lot of expectation.

GP
25-07-2012, 07:55 PM
The new Charlie Adam.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
25-07-2012, 10:37 PM
do they ever learn?

£15m for allen? if you told a liverpool fan in 2006 after their champions league victory that they'd be going for players like charlie adam, henderson and allen then they'd have laughed. from mascherano, alonso, gerrard and kuyt to the pile of crap they have now.

i know i might be biased but we got podolski - a proven experienced international player - for less than that. utd got kagawa for roughly the same amount of money. they need to hit the international market. british players aren't worth the money.

the risk with a domestic manager was always the idea he may not know the international market well enough so ends up buying average, overpriced domestic players. for liverpool i think that theory may prove right come the end of next season.

Marc Overmars
26-07-2012, 07:22 AM
No CL football and this is what happens. :lol:

Cripps_orig
26-07-2012, 11:39 AM
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4454230/John-W-Henry-Id-have-sacked-Kenny-Dalglish-even-if-he-won-the-FA-Cup.html

King Kenny :lol:

Shaqiri Is Boss
26-07-2012, 11:54 AM
Not exactly surprising though, is it.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
28-07-2012, 05:06 PM
gonna watch liverpool vs spurs pre-season. should be interesting.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
28-07-2012, 05:09 PM
link for anyone interested

http://www.vipbox.tv/watch/59874/1/liverpool-vs-tottenham-hotspur--live-stream-online.html

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
28-07-2012, 05:10 PM
american national anthem. milking patrionism as usual :rolleyes:

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
28-07-2012, 05:15 PM
bale sprinting full pace inside first minute. so much for 'injury' :rolleyes:

Shaqiri Is Boss
28-07-2012, 06:22 PM
Ah I see we're playing in our diving gear....

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
29-07-2012, 06:51 AM
you see rodney marshs' tweet mate?

@RodneyMarsh10
I predict after 6 games #LFC will have no more than 9 points

someone replied with:

@PeteLFC85
@RodneyMarsh10 its a pre season friendly you fuckin stupid old c*nt.

made me chuckle

Flavs
29-07-2012, 07:33 AM
Charlie Adam :bow:

Knacks Gareth Bale and tells AVB to fuck off

dazthegooner
29-07-2012, 10:05 AM
And I've read somewhere that AVB wants Adam banned... Well they the spuds did say he was injured so Adam felt he had to make sure he really was :lol:

Syn
29-07-2012, 11:03 AM
Karma for being a diving little shit. He can expect many more.

Shaqiri Is Boss
29-07-2012, 09:08 PM
Aquilani might actually be going for good!!

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Flavs
30-07-2012, 07:26 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19043308

:wave:

Marc Overmars
30-07-2012, 07:35 AM
Rafa. :bow:

One of his finest signings.

Shaqiri Is Boss
30-07-2012, 10:35 AM
http://i.imgur.com/bzs2v.gif
http://i.imgur.com/sWXVL.gif

Is that it?

I was expecting a horror tackle, not a clip.

If he was that badly injured, maybe he shouldn't have carried on playing for 30 minutes in a pointless friendly.

GP
30-07-2012, 10:39 AM
Bale is a cunt

Marc Overmars
30-07-2012, 11:31 AM
It was a clumsy tackle but you see them every week, it was hardly reckless or pre-meditated.

Bale. :lol:

He deserved it anyway for being a billy big bollocks diving fag.

Shaqiri Is Boss
30-07-2012, 06:19 PM
Apparently we've accepted a £2m loan deal for Carroll from West Ham, and if they stay up this season £17m next summer.

That's from someone from the BBC.

:faint:

Master Splinter
30-07-2012, 08:06 PM
The new Big Kev :bow:.

Flavs
31-07-2012, 08:11 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19059613

1 out 1 in

Shaqiri Is Boss
31-07-2012, 09:22 AM
I'm going to predict that won't go down too well over at RAWK...

Ollie the Optimist
01-08-2012, 02:03 PM
If he was that badly injured, maybe he shouldn't have carried on playing for 30 minutes in a pointless friendly.

he was so badly injured, he played last night for spurs

GP
01-08-2012, 02:04 PM
He was so badly injured, he's got a face like a cunt

Shaqiri Is Boss
01-08-2012, 02:06 PM
he was so badly injured, he played last night for spurs

There was nothing wrong with him, there never was.

fakeyank
01-08-2012, 05:54 PM

There was nothing wrong with him, there never was.

There is a lot of things wrong in his face

Shaqiri Is Boss
03-08-2012, 05:16 PM
Aquilani Is Gone!

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Cripps_orig
08-08-2012, 12:43 AM
Suarez has signed a new contract

Impressive how a mid table Pub Team side can get their one world class striker to sign a contract

We should get their board in to Arsenal tbh

Shaqiri Is Boss
08-08-2012, 10:50 AM
Perversely I wonder if the Evra debacle actually played a part in him staying.

Of course the trebling of wages helps but it's very possible that without the t-shirts he could be off...

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
08-08-2012, 06:16 PM
suarez signing his life away to never winning the premier league.

impressive.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
08-08-2012, 06:34 PM
liverpool fan bets 44k on liverpool winning the league next season

http://www.itv.com/sport/football/article/2012-08-07/liverpool-fan-bets-44-000-on-his-side-to-win-the-premier-league/

:doh:

Shaqiri Is Boss
08-08-2012, 09:32 PM
Looks like we've given in and activated Allen's release clause.

I can now safely say that this is our year :scarf:

Ollie the Optimist
08-08-2012, 09:44 PM
Looks like we've given in and activated Allen's release clause.

I can now safely say that this is our year :scarf:

i swear there was a clause in the transfre of rodgers to liverpool that he/liverpool couldnt sign any players from swansea for a year? if so, thats wrong if he has imo

Shaqiri Is Boss
08-08-2012, 09:49 PM
i swear there was a clause in the transfre of rodgers to liverpool that he/liverpool couldnt sign any players from swansea for a year? if so, thats wrong if he has imo
That is meant to be true, but no one knows the exact details of it.

For example some reports have said should another club bid for the player then the clause is void. Also it would be sketchy which clause would take precedence, the one in Allen's contract or the agreement with Rodgers; the agreement may not even be legally binding anyway.

In any case, if we were to come in with enough money (which we just love to do) they were never going to say no.

Of course it hasn't been completed yet so I'm not going to count chickens, but I can't see how we're not going to win the league this season :scarf:

McNamara That Ghost...
10-08-2012, 08:19 PM
http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/allen-completes-liverpool-move

Joe Allen officially joined a couple of hours ago, or at least it was announced a couple of hours ago.

Wonder how much they've payed this time. :popcorn:

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
10-08-2012, 08:30 PM
wasn't it einstein who said insanity is doing the same thing over and over again but expecting different results?

couldn't be more fitting.

Boss
10-08-2012, 08:52 PM
Dalglish leaves and they're still signing garbage overpriced English players :haha:

Master Splinter
10-08-2012, 08:57 PM
Dalglish leaves and they're still signing garbage overpriced English players :haha:

He's Welsh.

But the point probably still stands.

V-Pig
10-08-2012, 10:57 PM
Wales is officially part of England anyway.

Xhaka Can’t
11-08-2012, 04:43 AM
I think you should air thought in Caroline Street after kicking out time on a Saturday night.

Shaqiri Is Boss
11-08-2012, 10:01 AM
In:

Borini
Allen

Out:

Aquilani
Bellamy
Maxi
Kuyt

Add in a couple of wide players and maybe a striker, and take out Adam and maybe Cole and possibly even replace the reserve keepers, then seeing as we've taken 40 gabillion off the wage bill and drastically lowered the average age of the team then I'm reasonably happy.

As for Allen, seeing as he can keep hold of the ball and pass it, he's automatically better than most of our midfield.

V-Pig
11-08-2012, 10:30 AM
I think you should air thought in Caroline Street after kicking out time on a Saturday night.

I'm not saying it's a good thing, just a technicality.

Those English dogs! Acts of Union?! Acts of Annexation more like!

Marc Overmars
13-08-2012, 03:27 PM
Xabi Alonso returning to Liverpool is doing the rounds on Twitter. :shrug:

GP
13-08-2012, 03:30 PM

It started as 'Xabi Alonso declines contract extension' and has morphed into that.

Shaqiri Is Boss
13-08-2012, 03:41 PM
It won't happen.

Not this summer anyway. Or any other summer probably.

Marc Overmars
14-08-2012, 11:21 AM
Cristian Tello off to Liverpool this week, according to Balague.

McNamara That Ghost...
14-08-2012, 11:56 AM
Balague has been very quiet since the Euros; it's transfer muppet time in earnest now so he pops up.

Although I suppose this one may prove to be correct.

Shaqiri Is Boss
14-08-2012, 12:05 PM
Balague has been very quiet since the Euros; it's transfer muppet time in earnest now so he pops up.

Although I suppose this one may prove to be correct.

You watch a lot of La Liga, would he be a good signing? If they'd be willing to let him go for a reasonably meagre fee, it'd suggest not. But then not-good-enough-for-Barca is still probably pretty good...

I don't believe any rumours until they're holding the shirt, mind.

McNamara That Ghost...
14-08-2012, 12:57 PM
You watch a lot of La Liga, would he be a good signing? If they'd be willing to let him go for a reasonably meagre fee, it'd suggest not. But then not-good-enough-for-Barca is still probably pretty good...

I don't believe any rumours until they're holding the shirt, mind.

If Barca have a player that they aren't all that convinced about, then they'll let them go because I suppose they know, should they turn out to prove them wrong - they will probably just buy them back. In Tello's case, he is more of a traditional winger than anything so I can see why they would let him go. I think he's good but he'll probably have the same role of coming on with ten minutes to spare in the main. His delivery can be really woeful but he is someone that will run behind a defence, especially as he'd mainly be coming on late in games.

Rodgers is clearly good at getting a lot out of apparently 'ok' players though, given they all play in a system.

Shaqiri Is Boss
14-08-2012, 01:28 PM
If Barca have a player that they aren't all that convinced about, then they'll let them go because I suppose they know, should they turn out to prove them wrong - they will probably just buy them back. In Tello's case, he is more of a traditional winger than anything so I can see why they would let him go. I think he's good but he'll probably have the same role of coming on with ten minutes to spare in the main. His delivery can be really woeful but he is someone that will run behind a defence, especially as he'd mainly be coming on late in games.

Rodgers is clearly good at getting a lot out of apparently 'ok' players though, given they all play in a system.
That's a fair point. Give it a year or two and the DNA homing signal would kick in...

What wing would he be on? I guess he can probably do OK on either side. From what I've seen of Borini so far he's been playing on the left and we have pretty much no one for the right, unless you include Suarez and Downing.

McNamara That Ghost...
14-08-2012, 01:33 PM
Left wing for Barca. If he is bench boy for most of it then I suppose he will probably have the same role again. I'd have thought he would offer more than Downing, whatever position.

Shaqiri Is Boss
14-08-2012, 01:41 PM
Left wing for Barca. If he is bench boy for most of it then I suppose he will probably have the same role again. I'd have thought he would offer more than Downing, whatever position.
Well that's a given. I know he starts slowly, but last season was ridiculous.

Just have to wait for Sahin now as well. :rolleyes:

McNamara That Ghost...
14-08-2012, 02:36 PM
By all accounts it's Mourinho that is pressing for Sahin to go to Liverpool, suppose it makes sense he wouldn't want Sahin to help us in a competition Real Madrid are trying to win too.

Morientes. :bow:

Cripps_orig
15-08-2012, 11:07 PM
Everton are after Charlie Adam according to the Gossip column

SIB must be devastated if this comes to pass

Master Splinter
16-08-2012, 01:35 AM
Moyes can't resist supplementing decent signings with some shit Scottish players.

Shaqiri Is Boss
16-08-2012, 08:51 AM
I'd carry him there.

And with Adam that's no mean feat.

GP
16-08-2012, 08:52 AM
He's also fat.

Shaqiri Is Boss
16-08-2012, 05:39 PM
Signing some random winger; Assaidi :shrug:

I guess that puts pay to Tello...

Sky Sources :pal:

LDG
16-08-2012, 06:29 PM
Never 'eard of 'im.

Rogers is cool though, so I reckon he'll be #decent.

Saw a bit of Liverpool last Thurs ak-tu-ally. They were moving the ball about quite nicely.

Cripps_orig
16-08-2012, 06:42 PM
Hes Moroccan

Hope hes as good as our Moroccan tbh

In fact, i think Liverpool should sign our one for £35m and combine the 2

Shaqiri Is Boss
16-08-2012, 06:49 PM
Never 'eard of 'im.

Rogers is cool though, so I reckon he'll be #decent.

Saw a bit of Liverpool last Thurs ak-tu-ally. They were moving the ball about quite nicely.
With a first name of Oussama I can already predict the headlines.

"Oussama terrorises defence"
"Oussama bombing down the wing"

Shaqiri Is Boss
17-08-2012, 02:15 PM
Ten facts on our OS about Oussama.

1. Assaidi is right footed. He can play on either wing or through the middle.

2. The forward wore the 22 shirt at Heerenveen, but that number is currently taken at Anfield by young Danny Wilson.

3. He could have played for Holland having moved there aged three and coming through the youth ranks at AZ - however, he decided to stay loyal to his country of birth and made his international debut in 2011.

4. Assaidi's decision to play for Morocco means he could be absent between January 19 and February 10, if they qualify for the African Cup of Nations.

5. Though noted for his trickery, he is also recognised as someone who works extremely hard for the team. In fact, international boss Eric Gerets once told Adel Taarabt when he left him out for Morocco: "Watch (Assaidi) and you'll figure why you're not in the team."

6. The wide man scored 20 goals in 68 appearances for Heerenveen.

7. Three of those came in one game against then reigning champions FC Twente. The game ended 6-2 and our latest signing had a part in all six goals, also claiming two assists and winning a penalty.

8. Assaidi turned 24 on Wednesday and shares a birthday with a few familiar names - Gillespie (American politician Ed Gillespie, not Gary), Aldridge (American musician Tommy Aldridge, not John) and Evans (golfer Jon Evans, not Roy).

9. His FIFA 2012 profile gives him 91/100 for acceleration, 90/100 for agility and 86/100 dribbling. The area he needs to work on - if the football console is to be believed - is slide tackling, at which they rate him 24/100.

10. Assaidi will become the second Moroccan to have played for Liverpool after Nabil El Zhar.

:haha: Clearly we don't know much about him then...

Cripps_orig
20-08-2012, 09:38 PM
Skrtel signs a new contract

Shaqiri Is Boss
20-08-2012, 09:53 PM
Good.

Next, get Agger to sign a new lifetime contract.

Then, get rid of Adam and Spearing.

Finally, get someone who can actually score!

Cripps_orig
20-08-2012, 09:55 PM
Good.

Next, get Agger to sign a new lifetime contract.

Then, get rid of Adam and Spearing.

Finally, get someone who can actually score!

Big fan of Agger. We need a CB. Swap him and Squid?

Adam, Spearing and not forgetting Kuyt also left, what have you got against ugly players?

RVP is available after tonight.......oh someone who can actually score, you said

Injury Time
20-08-2012, 09:59 PM
Pool still on for quadruple (small q) but still :trophy:

McNamara That Ghost...
22-08-2012, 02:01 PM
Two things:

Firstly, the six-part Liverpool documentary will be screened on Channel 5 some time in the Autumn.

Secondly, I read a ridiculous rumour about Owen returning. :haha:

Cripps_orig
22-08-2012, 02:06 PM
Why is there a documentary about Liverpool?

Also Owen to Liverpool would be funny indeed. Cant see it happening though. Liverpool dont have a club to pay over £20m for Owen to

Shaqiri Is Boss
22-08-2012, 02:07 PM
The documentary will be like the QPR one; behind the scenes stuff.

As for Owen, no. Just no.

McNamara That Ghost...
22-08-2012, 02:16 PM
I'm guessing it will feature the Suarez debacle? :popcorn:

Shaqiri Is Boss
22-08-2012, 02:18 PM
It will surely reference it, but filming only began in May so I would have thought the main focus will be Rodgers' arrival.

McNamara That Ghost...
22-08-2012, 02:19 PM
Ah I see, I thought it had been running for a year up until this summer. Shame.

Still, it'll show why they 'offed' Kenny.

Cripps_orig
22-08-2012, 02:20 PM
If filming started in May, what will they show?

Players going on holiday?

Interesting

Are Liverpool that desperate for money?

Shaqiri Is Boss
22-08-2012, 02:21 PM
Ah I see, I thought it had been running for a year up until this summer. Shame.

Still, it'll show why they 'offed' Kenny.
Because we finished 8th and spent a shit load of money on... well shit.

McNamara That Ghost...
22-08-2012, 02:25 PM
Yeah but it must've been like putting down Old Yeller. I'm expecting the 'Our Tune' theme to be played when it is shown.

Shaqiri Is Boss
22-08-2012, 02:28 PM
I was hoping for the Last Post myself.

It will be interesting to see how it's handled though. They can't exactly gloss over it and just go straight to Rodgers coming in...

Shaqiri Is Boss
29-08-2012, 01:27 PM
Lucas out for 2-3 months.

Yes, great news, top 4 for us this season and other hilarious lines... :rolleyes:

Getting Sahin looks like an astute decision.

McNamara That Ghost...
29-08-2012, 02:22 PM
Lucas is little bit unlucky.

McNamara That Ghost...
29-08-2012, 02:37 PM
BBC Sport website caption:

Lucas out for up to three months
Liverpool midfielder has a thigh problem.

Just a problem.

Shaqiri Is Boss
29-08-2012, 09:38 PM
Apparently Stoke have offered £4/5m for Adam. But there could be competition from Fenerbahce. :haha:

Incredibly there could be a bidding war for both Spearing and Adam.

:haha:

McNamara That Ghost...
30-08-2012, 10:00 AM
I'd bid facial reconstruction for Spearing and that's about it.

Adam at Stoke. :lol:

Thank fuck we've alread played them at the Britannia.

Shaqiri Is Boss
30-08-2012, 10:19 AM
He wouldn't be able to catch anyone to hack them out the game anyway.

McNamara That Ghost...
30-08-2012, 10:23 AM
The best way of connecting with someone is for him to zero in on the player that doesn't have the ball.

Shaqiri Is Boss
30-08-2012, 10:27 AM
I just hope he doesn't go all noble and "fight for his place in the team".

I think I speak for all Liverpool fans when I say HURRY UP AND PISS OFF.

McNamara That Ghost...
30-08-2012, 10:31 AM
I don't know why Carroll isn't getting he is mainly going to be bench man from now on.

Your Adam is our Bendtner. And Chakma. And Squillaci. And whoever else we're trying to get rid of.

Shaqiri Is Boss
30-08-2012, 10:42 AM
I don't blame Carroll for wanting to stay, he isn't a bad player (well...) and he is at a big club on a good wage and if he truly believes he could break into the team then it would be likely he'd have a very good career. If you believe the reports he was essentially forced out of his boyhood club (and I don't blame Ashley for that either ££££) and ever since he was booed vociferously at St James' especially when he fell over I think he wants desperately to prove everyone wrong.

He wouldn't be an automatic starter at Newcastle (although they surely need another striker, especially with the ACoN coming up) and going to West Ham would be like starting all over again. On the other hand I don't think his stock here will be any higher and it would make sense for us to cash in when we can and draw a line under it.

Spearing, Adam, Cole and possibly Carroll going for 1/2 attackers would make me very happy. The first 3 going out and getting in 1 attacker would also be nice.

Shaqiri Is Boss
30-08-2012, 11:57 AM
Apparently Lucas' wife rang 999 to ask how he was :haha:

McNamara That Ghost...
30-08-2012, 05:44 PM
Crazy fool.

Also, SSN are saying Carroll is close to going to the 'Ammers on loan.

Shaqiri Is Boss
30-08-2012, 05:46 PM
No.

No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no.

NO!

McNamara That Ghost...
30-08-2012, 05:52 PM
http://i49.tinypic.com/1692ek7.png

It's given weight by them talking about Besiktas wanting Carlton Cole earlier in the day. :lol:

Shaqiri Is Boss
30-08-2012, 06:19 PM
Agh it seems like there isn't even a commitment to buy.

I hope this is an attempt to flush out Newcastle and Ashley's chequebook.

Olivier's xmas twist
30-08-2012, 06:23 PM
No.

No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no.

NO!

This not a good thing ?

Shaqiri Is Boss
30-08-2012, 06:29 PM
I don't think a straight loan is a good deal really. Especially with no option/commitment to buy.

It doesn't even give us much leeway to get in a replacement.

Marc Overmars
30-08-2012, 07:20 PM
He's having his medical tonight.

Bit harsh really how Rodgers had already made his mind up about him after 5 mins.

He is the dream striker for Fat Sam though. :rolleyes:

Shaqiri Is Boss
30-08-2012, 07:40 PM
That was quick.

Completed

http://www.whufc.com/javaImages/83/80/0,,12562~11174019,00.jpg

We better have someone lined up....

Dennis Bendtner
30-08-2012, 07:44 PM
Unless Liverpool really need his wages allocated elsewhere/a squad place freed up, there seems little point in this. It can't be a shop window loan - Carroll's convinced enough clubs he isn't proper shit enough not to warrant serious interest. The league loves a big man. But Rodgers' quotes throughout have been funny. In the nicest way possible telling him to get lost.

Marc Overmars
30-08-2012, 07:47 PM
That was quick.

Completed

http://www.whufc.com/javaImages/83/80/0,,12562~11174019,00.jpg

We better have someone lined up....

20m bid for Walnutt imho.

Shaqiri Is Boss
30-08-2012, 07:48 PM
I don't want us to be in a position next summer where we still want him gone, but his stock is even lower than now.

West Ham do have the option to buy, but that's by no means binding, and after the debacle with Aquilani I just hate loan deals when we're selling.

Olivier's xmas twist
30-08-2012, 08:05 PM
Liverpool have completed the signing of Samed Yesil from Bayer Leverkusen.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12691/8035243/German-youngster-signs-for-Reds

Olivier's xmas twist
30-08-2012, 08:35 PM
Sky Sports understands Liverpool are lining up a move for Chelsea's Daniel Sturridge before Friday's transfer deadline.

Reds boss Brendan Rodgers has identified Sturridge as the man to replace Andy Carroll who left on loan for West Ham on Thursday.

Sturridge provides greater attacking flexibility due to his ability to play in a wide position as well as in a central striker role.

The 22-year-old England international could be interested in making a switch in order to play first-team football.

Chelsea have strengthened their attacking options significantly this summer with the likes of Marko Marin, Eden Hazard and Oscar all capable of playing in Sturridge's wide-right position.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12691/8035525/Reds-eye-Sturridge-bid

Shaqiri Is Boss
30-08-2012, 08:37 PM
Ridiculously selfish but I guess it's an easy link to make.

:popcorn: nonetheless.

Cripps_orig
31-08-2012, 01:29 AM
Carroll :haha:

Liverpool :haha:

£35m down the drain

V-Pig
31-08-2012, 07:37 AM
Kevin Fitzsimmons ‏@kevfitz75
#TransferDeadlineDay liverpool bid £38 million for West Ham's Andy Carroll.

Shaqiri Is Boss
31-08-2012, 09:46 AM
Argh Spearing has only moved on loan. He still thinks he can break into the team.

Adam is at Stoke though for a medical :scarf:

Olivier's xmas twist
31-08-2012, 10:06 AM
Kevin Fitzsimmons ‏@kevfitz75
#TransferDeadlineDay liverpool bid £38 million for West Ham's Andy Carroll.

:haha:

Olivier's xmas twist
31-08-2012, 10:16 AM
Liverpool have confirmed Jay Spearing has left the club to join Bolton on a season-long loan.

As revealed by Sky Sports on Thursday, Bolton had won the race for Spearing with the midfielder agreeing a loan deal at the Reebok Stadium.

Bolton boss Owen Coyle has been chasing the 23-year-old for some time as he sees him as a key addition to his squad.

Liverpool are willing to let Spearing move on as he is well down the pecking order following the arrivals of Joe Allen and Nuri Sahin this summer.

A Liverpool statement read: "Jay Spearing has joined Bolton Wanderers on a season-long loan.

"The 23-year-old will spend the whole of 2012-13 with Owen Coyle's side as they attempt to bounce back into the Barclays Premier League."
Thrilled

Coyle was delighted to bring Spearing to the club on loan for the season.

"We have been in the market for a player of this kind for a long time, and Jay is someone that we have always had an eye on," Coyle told the club's official website.

"He was previously never available and, indeed, played the majority of games in Liverpool's first team last season in the Premier League.

"We did everything we can to bring Jay to the football club and so we are thrilled to bring in a player of his calibre.

"He is a young player that is driven, who is a terrific passer of the ball. He has a real desire to do well and has all the attributes that we crave at Bolton Wanderers."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/8036632/Bolton-seal-Spearing-loan

Cripps_orig
31-08-2012, 11:51 AM
Adam is gone

Shaqiri Is Boss
31-08-2012, 11:53 AM
Woo.

Hoo.

Marc Overmars
01-09-2012, 03:47 PM
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/liverpool-documentary-sneak-peek-watch-brendan-1282285

Rodgers. :bow:

Dennis Bendtner
01-09-2012, 03:50 PM
One of the BBC reporters was claiming that Rodgers was not aware his transfer budget also took account of wages until very late in the window. Bold claim but pretty remarkable if true.

Shaqiri Is Boss
01-09-2012, 03:55 PM
Is that Ben Smith?

Dennis Bendtner
01-09-2012, 03:59 PM
I think so. Could be just opportunism for a good story, dunno.

Shaqiri Is Boss
01-09-2012, 04:09 PM
It does sound a lot like bullshit but nothing would surprise me with us anymore.

McNamara That Ghost...
02-09-2012, 03:46 PM
I thought Allen and Sterling were great today.

Most of the rest had absolute stinkers, especially Stevie Me.

Master Splinter
02-09-2012, 04:05 PM
Shelvey should be a starter too. He's played well in the first few games and looked decent at the end of last season.

We got one over them with Sahin.

£14m? :lol:

Money Well Not Spent.

Shaqiri Is Boss
02-09-2012, 04:08 PM
I thought Allen and Sterling were great today.

Most of the rest had absolute stinkers, especially Stevie Me.
Can't really argue with that.

Though Suarez was probably just as bad as Gerrard.

Marc Overmars
02-09-2012, 04:08 PM
Sterling reminds of Wheelchair before he passed away, with that fearless drive. India's finest Shelvey also looks like a great prospect.

I think Liverpool need a proper striker though, Suarez is quality but he seems to only score worldies and that won't happen in every game.

Olivier's xmas twist
02-09-2012, 04:21 PM
Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers has refused to rule out the Anfield club making a shock bid to bring Michael Owen back to the club.

The former England striker is a free-agent after being released by Manchester United after three-years with the Old Trafford club but is yet to sign up with another club.

He has been heavily linked with Stoke City throughout the summer, and in more recent times with Martin O’Neill’s Sunderland however he is yet to announce where his future lies.

And following Andy Carroll’s loan move to West Ham United, there has been speculation that Liverpool could make a move for Owen to help boost their attacking options.

And when quizzed by reporters following his side’s 2-0 home loss to Arsenal on Sunday, Rodgers refused to deny he is interested in the 32-year-old.

He also admitted that if he realized the club would not be adding to its attacking options, he would not have allowed former Newcastle front man Carroll to leave the club.

Rodgers said: "Any player that I believe can improve the squad I will look at. We have got a very, very small squad with some very young players in it. So I can't say no."

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/rodgers-not-ruling-liverpool-move-151700126--sow.html

Marc Overmars
02-09-2012, 04:22 PM
Would the fans accept Owen back?

They should go for Dids though, if he's willing to play for another Prem club that isn't Chelsea.

Xhaka Can’t
02-09-2012, 04:24 PM
Didds will end up in Russia.

Marc Overmars
02-09-2012, 04:26 PM
Yeah at Anzhi I would've thought.

Olivier's xmas twist
02-09-2012, 04:26 PM

They'd have too proper lacking a striker right now.

Shaqiri Is Boss
02-09-2012, 04:33 PM

They should go for Dids though, if he's willing to play for another Prem club that isn't Chelsea.

I think no, until he scores. He isn't very good anyway though.

As for Dids, I think you have to be unattached before the window shuts.

Shaqiri Is Boss
02-09-2012, 09:22 PM
People are already calling for Carroll to come back and save the day.

:ilt:

Olivier's xmas twist
02-09-2012, 09:40 PM
Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers admits he would not have let Andy Carroll move to West Ham if he had known he could not replace him.

Rodgers allowed Carroll to move to the Hammers on loan thinking Clint Dempsey would be arriving from Fulham.

Liverpool were then outbid by Tottenham who offered the United States international a more favourable deal.

The Anfield side are now woefully short of forwards and Rodgers reportedly may even consider out-of-contract Michael Owen or Didier Drogba.
Quizzed

Rodgers gave one-word answers when quizzed about Carroll replying 'no' when asked if he would have let him leave and 'very' about how confident he was in getting a replacement in.

In relation to signing former Liverpool striker Owen and Drogba, Rodgers said: "I can't say no. Any player I believe can improve the squad, I will look at.

"We have a very small group. We had 19 training yesterday. It is something that would have to be discussed."

A 2-0 home defeat by Arsenal on Sunday condemned Liverpool to their worst start to a season since 1962-63.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/8045128/Rodgers-rues-Carroll-move

Dicks and chicks
02-09-2012, 09:42 PM
Borini sucks LOL 9million for him

Olivier's xmas twist
02-09-2012, 09:43 PM
Liverpool must send out an SOS to Reds legend Michael Owen after a "disastrous week" on and off the field, according to Sky Sports' Jamie Redknapp.The Reds ended a frustrating week - in which they failed to sign a new striker on deadline day despite letting Andy Carroll go on loan to West Ham - with a 2-0 defeat to Arsenal (http://topics.skysports.com/arsenal/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif at Anfield.
On transfer deadline day Brendan Rodgers missed out on Clint Dempsey, (http://topics.skysports.com/Clint+Dempsey/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif who moved from Fulham (http://topics.skysports.com/fulham/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif to Tottenham, leaving Luis Suarez (http://topics.skysports.com/Luis+Suarez/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif and Fabio Borini as the only recognised strikers in his squad.
And former Liverpool (http://topics.skysports.com/liverpool/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif and England midfielder Redknapp believes Rodgers must now bring back ex-England striker Owen (http://topics.skysports.com/Michael+Owen/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif after making a major mistake in allowing Carroll to leave without a replacement in place.
"If I was them the first thing I would do is go and get Michael Owen now," he told Sky Sports. "He is free agent. They need to do something because at the moment there are real problems for Brendan."
Owen is currently without a club, despite being heavily linked with a move to Stoke in recent weeks, and therefore is free to sign for a club outside of the transfer window. And for Redkapp an Anfield return for Owen, who scored 158 goals in 297 games for the Reds, is the only option left for Rodgers.
Disastrous"It has been a disastrous week," Redknapp told Sky Sports. "People talk about the plan B; the plan B is now at West Ham. What they have done this week and the pressure Brendan Rodgers has put himself under, by letting Andy Carroll go, is beyond me.
"It is almost like you are playing roulette. If you are not going to a replacement you have to get Clint Dempsey but they have not got him so you keep Andy Carroll.
"Anybody who was watching West Ham yesterday, and particularly Liverpool fans, will be thinking, 'what are you doing?' Borini and Suarez are Liverpool's only recognised forwards. They have put themselves in a really difficult position now."
SloppyRedknapp described Liverpool's performance in defeat to Arsenal as "really sloppy" and criticised the roles of Glen Johnson in the Gunners' first goal - scored by Lukas Podolski (http://topics.skysports.com/Lukas+Podolski/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif - and Jonjo Shelvey and Pepe Reina in Santi Carzorla's strike.
Redknapp said: "Shelvey had to see the run and, like Johnson in the first goal, doesn't do enough. Pepe Reina as well, it was poor goalkeeping. It was not good enough. One of the best goalkeepers in the world has to save that."
The former Red, though, was also quick to praise the Gunners, primarily midfielders Abou Diaby (http://topics.skysports.com/Abou+Diaby/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif and Carzorla. Diaby, in particular, put in a commanding performance in midfield and appeared a natural replacement for Alex Song, who departed for Barcelona (http://topics.skysports.com/barcelona/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif during the transfer window.
Perfect"I have always liked him," Redknapp said. "Unfortunately his career has been injury-ravaged but when he plays he has that lovely mix of finesse and power.
"His whole game was pretty much perfect. He went through the whole repertoire; touches, power, running away from people, incisive passing, Cruyff turns. He has everything in his game. He was a different class."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/18932/8044844/Bring-back-Owen

Might as well bring him back even if it is on a pay as you play deal tbh.

Olivier's xmas twist
02-09-2012, 09:45 PM
Borini sucks LOL 9million for him

Not a top striker no, never knew he played for chelsea though.

Dicks and chicks
02-09-2012, 09:53 PM
Not a top striker no, never knew he played for chelsea though.

italian strikers can't cut the mustard in this league

Cripps_orig
02-09-2012, 11:39 PM
Sahin :haha:

LDG
03-09-2012, 09:05 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19463617

Liverpool owner John Henry warns fans over 'risky' spending
Liverpool's owners say they will not damage the club's future with "risky spending" but have pledged their commitment to the club.

In an open letter to fans, main owner John Henry said: "We will never place this club in the precarious position we found it when we took over at Anfield."

Liverpool are without a win in three games in their their worst start to a season for 50 years.

Henry said he was disappointed at their failure to bring in a new striker.

:pal:

Now you know what it's like <_<

Shaqiri Is Boss
03-09-2012, 10:57 AM
I think we're basing our fortunes on FFP working...

...the cynic in me thinks FFP will be worse than useless.

Niall_Quinn
03-09-2012, 11:04 AM
I think we're basing our fortunes on FFP working...

...the cynic in me thinks FFP will be worse than useless.

Weird, the realist in me knows FFP will be worse than useless. It'll probably end up penalising financially prudent clubs. Think of the worst possible fuck up that achieves the exact reverse of the stated aim. That's what it'll be.

Redknapp is a shithead anyway. Maybe he can see a whole string of goals that Carroll scored last year. I can't remember any. If his plan B is to rely on a striker that doesn't score then plan B is no real loss. Losing Dempsey was unforgivable though. Same with us. That was the one player who could have done a job when the injuries start biting and the games start piling up. Crazy, not prudent.

Olivier's xmas twist
03-09-2012, 11:07 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19463617

:pal:

Now you know what it's like <_<

American owners their all ****s tbh. Pool might as well kept Hicks and the other fella tbh.

Shaqiri Is Boss
03-09-2012, 11:10 AM
Weird, the realist in me knows FFP will be worse than useless. It'll probably end up penalising financially prudent clubs. Think of the worst possible fuck up that achieves the exact reverse of the stated aim. That's what it'll be.

Redknapp is a shithead anyway. Maybe he can see a whole string of goals that Carroll scored last year. I can't remember any. If his plan B is to rely on a striker that doesn't score then plan B is no real loss. Losing Dempsey was unforgivable though. Same with us. That was the one player who could have done a job when the injuries start biting and the games start piling up. Crazy, not prudent.

And yes not getting Dempsey was annoying, but he wasn't someone to get the razorblades out for. And the revisionism over Carroll is ridiculous. And that's after 1 game. It's like the last 18 months never happened.

And no, we are not better off with H+G. At all.

McNamara That Ghost...
04-09-2012, 04:16 PM
Del Piero to Liverpool?

Marc Overmars
04-09-2012, 04:24 PM
Hope so just for nostalgia.

Del Piero. :bow:

McNamara That Ghost...
07-09-2012, 09:20 PM
http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=294780.200#msg10838094

:sick:

Dennis Bendtner
07-09-2012, 09:26 PM
Only thing bigger than that European Cup in that picture, is the mans fucking heart.

http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs/52419_o.gif

Marc Overmars
07-09-2012, 09:28 PM
http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=294780.200#msg10838094

:sick:

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lpbsvgWzH41qh3jm3.jpg

McNamara That Ghost...
07-09-2012, 09:28 PM
:lol: to both.

Cripps_orig
09-09-2012, 10:52 PM
Former Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez has admitted to being surprised that the club did not approach him when the manager's position became available at Anfield last summer.

The 53-year-old, who guided the Reds to both FA Cup and Champions League success during his time at the club, also believes his appointment would have been well greeted by the Liverpool faithful.

"It was strange not to be approached," he told the Irish Independent.

"We know the club, the players, the Academy and we have even more experience now...the fans were positive about the idea."

Benitez left the Merseyside club by mutual consent during the summer of 2010 after a poor season saw his team finish seventh, missing out on a Champions League place.

But despite the sour manner in which his time at Anfield ended, Benitez was quick to point out what he achieved during his six-year reign at the club.

He added: "We used to play so many important games that it seemed it was normal and it wasn't.

"People were talking about 'the past', but just a few years ago Liverpool FC was number one in Europe."

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/09/09/3365421/rafa-benitez-surprised-he-wasnt-approached-for-liverpool-job

Time he moved on surely?

He doesnt seem to realise that the rot Liverpool are in started with him

Shaqiri Is Boss
09-09-2012, 11:14 PM
We know the club, the players, the Academy and we have even more experience now

Is Rafa Gollum?

Master Splinter
10-09-2012, 04:16 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OHC7lIfvk4&feature=player_embedded

:upset:

Rafa :bow:.

Boss
10-09-2012, 08:58 AM
Bring back Kenny tbh

Olivier's xmas twist
10-09-2012, 04:59 PM
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/09/09/3365421/rafa-benitez-surprised-he-wasnt-approached-for-liverpool-job

Time he moved on surely?

He doesnt seem to realise that the rot Liverpool are in started with him

Lets be honest can't be no worse then rodgers.

Cripps_orig
10-09-2012, 05:02 PM
Lets be honest can't be no worse then rodgers.

Harsh on Rodgers tbh

Hes only had 3 games

Yes hes been a bit shit in all of them and the majority of us would have predicted that at the start of the season but Liverpool owners are known as dumb ass motherfuckers for a reason

Shaqiri Is Boss
10-09-2012, 05:32 PM
I remember when the main complaints about us were that we were too much of a "cup team" because we saved some of our players for the CL games and how the league should be our "bread and butter".

Oh to be back there again :rose:

Olivier's xmas twist
10-09-2012, 06:11 PM
Harsh on Rodgers tbh

Hes only had 3 games

Yes hes been a bit shit in all of them and the majority of us would have predicted that at the start of the season but Liverpool owners are known as dumb ass motherfuckers for a reason

American owners :rose:

Cripps_orig
11-09-2012, 11:15 PM
Former Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez says he was denied the funds to sign Jovetic in 2009 by then owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett. In a new book, Benitez says the Americans' reluctance to back him financially that summer resulted in Liverpool's failure to build on their Premier League second-placed finish.
Full story: Metro

Didnt he buy Aquilani and Johnson that summer?

Rafa :doh:

Funny thing is, most Liverpool fans will believe this crap

McNamara That Ghost...
12-09-2012, 08:41 AM
Hillsborough report is out today - morning for the families involved, afternoon for the remaining public.

Olivier's xmas twist
12-09-2012, 09:19 AM
Didnt he buy Aquilani and Johnson that summer?

Rafa :doh:

Funny thing is, most Liverpool fans will believe this crap

Tbf it does sound like a thing H&G would have done.

Letters
12-09-2012, 09:50 AM
Hillsborough report is out today - morning for the families involved, afternoon for the remaining public.
I'm not sure what else there is to say. The police opened some gate they shouldn't have. Lots of people died.
The idea that the Liverpool fans were all perfectly well behaved and in no way to blame is laughable.
But it's not all their fault either, the police clearly dealt with it poorly.

McNamara That Ghost...
12-09-2012, 11:02 AM
I think it's the apology that's wanted. Call Me Dave is making a statement at 12:30 though so we'll see.

McNamara That Ghost...
12-09-2012, 11:10 AM
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/sep/12/hillsborough-disaster-report-panel-released-live

Live text.