PDA

View Full Version : The Liverpool Thread 2017/2018 featuring Jurgen Klopp

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

McNamara That Ghost...
12-09-2012, 11:38 AM
Attempts from the police to change the evidence apparently. The source for The Sun's story on it was linked to this too, a concerted attempt to point most blame towards fans and denigrate them.

McNamara That Ghost...
12-09-2012, 11:42 AM
From the Guardian live text.

12:41 BST

Andrew Sparrow has posted this:

Cameron says the families have long believed that there was an attempt by the authorities to misrepresent what happened. The families were right. There were briefings to the media, and they led to the Sun story attacking fans. Today's report says this information came from a Sheffield news agency that was reporting comments by police officers.

Some 164 police statements were amended, he says. Many removed comments attacking the police.

Officers carried out police national computer checks on the dead to impugn their reputation.

Blood tests were also taken from the dead to see if they had been drinking. This was unacceptable, he says. Drinking levels were normal for an event like this.

But there was no evidence that the government tried to conceal the truth.

One government briefing said the police had been close to deceitful. It said this was familiar.

Cameron says the then government should have done more to challenge the false things said about the fans.

McNamara That Ghost...
12-09-2012, 11:47 AM
Cameron: On behalf of the Government and the country, I am profoundly sorry that this double injustice has been left for so long ... Today's report is black and white. The Liverpool fans were in no way responsible."

Miliband is speaking now.

Marc Overmars
12-09-2012, 11:51 AM
So it was a cover up then.

Liverpool fans. :bow:

Always rated them.

McNamara That Ghost...
12-09-2012, 11:54 AM
Seems that way.

Shaqiri Is Boss
12-09-2012, 12:10 PM
We always knew it was.

Unfortunately it has taken till now for them to admit it.

Marc Overmars
12-09-2012, 12:44 PM
I wonder if a certain Mr. Mackenzie has anything to say for himself. :popcorn:

Ollie the Optimist
12-09-2012, 12:59 PM
jesus that was shocking. i knew it was bad but not that bad. horrific reading at times.

least they finally have justice and the truth is out.

RIP the 96

Letters
12-09-2012, 01:08 PM
I think it's the apology that's wanted. Call Me Dave is making a statement at 12:30 though so we'll see.OK. So he's apologised now for something he had nothing to do with.
So that's it, is it? All the families have 'closure' and that's the end of the matter.

Letters
12-09-2012, 01:09 PM
We always knew it was.

Unfortunately it has taken till now for them to admit it.
You think all the Liverpool fans that day were perfect models of respectability?
No offence but I've been enough crowds of idiot fans (of all clubs) to know that's pretty unlikely.
Even more so back in the day before me and the other Hornby's started to go to games.

Cripps_orig
12-09-2012, 01:12 PM
OK. So he's apologised now for something he had nothing to do with.
So that's it, is it? All the families have 'closure' and that's the end of the matter.
No doubt the families want compensation

Letters
12-09-2012, 01:14 PM
Probably. They probably deserve it too. Has that not all long since been sorted out?

Dennis Bendtner
12-09-2012, 01:14 PM
You think all the Liverpool fans that day were perfect models of respectability?
No offence but I've been enough crowds of idiot fans (of all clubs) to know that's pretty unlikely.
Even more so back in the day before me and the other Hornby's started to go to games.

The point is those other idiot fans did not end up being killed...

McNamara That Ghost...
12-09-2012, 01:16 PM
OK. So he's apologised now for something he had nothing to do with.

Well, no I suppose not. There could be criminal investigations after what has come to light today but everything that could've been brought to light, now has. That's the difference from today compared to yesterday.

Shaqiri Is Boss
12-09-2012, 01:16 PM
Of course not. There were those without tickets and those who were drunk, just as with pretty much every sporting event before or since.

But neither the Taylor report nor the report released today said there was any evidence it was a contributing factor.

And the police didn't just "open some gate" and that was that. Dear god...

Letters
12-09-2012, 01:18 PM
The point is those other idiot fans did not end up being killed...
More by luck than judgement in many cases.

Letters
12-09-2012, 01:19 PM
And the police didn't just "open some gate" and that was that. Dear god...
Elaborate then.

Syn
12-09-2012, 01:21 PM
Elaborate then.

A fiver says you'll be re-directed to a 50 page report.

Letters
12-09-2012, 01:22 PM
A fiver says you'll be re-directed to a 50 page report.
:ilt:

Can you read it and summarize kthxpls

Cripps_orig
12-09-2012, 01:22 PM
Someone sum up what happened today

And what actually happened that day

Time i gave some interest in this

Dennis Bendtner
12-09-2012, 01:24 PM
More by luck than judgement in many cases.

Lucky that at matches that shitloads of hooligans attended that 90-odd fans were not killed each time? Or even one? Seems legit.

Letters
12-09-2012, 01:27 PM
Lucky that at matches that shitloads of hooligans attended that 90-odd fans were not killed each time? Or even one? Seems legit.
Football in that era was pretty dangerous. The fact that there were not more tragedies is more a matter of luck than judgement is my point. A 'Hillsboro' can't happen today in the PL because of all seater stadium and the prices being such that more nice, polite, middle-class people like me go along and 'TheHerd' element are less prevalent. Back in the day it was a tragedy waiting to happen.

McNamara That Ghost...
12-09-2012, 01:36 PM
Someone sum up what happened today

And what actually happened that day

Time i gave some interest in this

People died, people lied about why they died, it's now known publically it was a lie.

Dennis Bendtner
12-09-2012, 01:37 PM
I wouldn't pretend to be an expert. I don't know enough. But the idea of 'bad luck' rearing its head in this one particular instance - in an era rife with football hooliganism and ticketless fans - seems very dubious.

Letters
12-09-2012, 01:41 PM
I wouldn't pretend to be an expert. I don't know enough. But the idea of 'bad luck' rearing its head in this one particular instance - in an era rife with football hooliganism and ticketless fans - seems very dubious.
I'm not saying it was bad luck. Clearly the police were incompetent. My point is they were probably incompetent on plenty of other occasions when nothing happened. In the same way that the Titanic could have sailed for years without enough lifeboats and no-one would have died. Most of the time you get away with these things but not always.

Shaqiri Is Boss
12-09-2012, 01:46 PM
:ilt:

Can you read it and summarize kthxpls
You're an educated person. I'm sure you don't need me to conflate everything into a paragraph just because you can't be bothered to find out for yourself. And no, that doesn't just mean me directing you to a long-winded report, which I haven't done.

As for compensation, some families have already received a few thousand (£5/6k). It has been reported one single police officer received £330k for post traumatic stress! SYP won't reveal how much money they have paid to officers, but it's thought to be at least £1m.

Syn
12-09-2012, 01:51 PM
You're an educated person. I'm sure you don't need me to conflate everything into a paragraph just because you can't be bothered to find out for yourself. And no, that doesn't just mean me directing you to a long-winded report, which I haven't done

well you havent done anything. Which would've been my next guess.

Letters
12-09-2012, 01:52 PM
I don't need you to but in terms of this discussion it would be helpful.

I don't approve of the policemen receiving payouts simply because if you're going to into that sort of job surely this sort of thing comes with the territory. I know this was a pretty extreme event but still.

Letters
12-09-2012, 01:53 PM
I'm sure The Sun will summarize tomorrow. I'll read it there.
(see what I did there, cos...oh never mind)

Shaqiri Is Boss
12-09-2012, 01:56 PM
Next guess?

Syn
12-09-2012, 01:58 PM
Next guess?

Yeah. What part tripped you up?

Shaqiri Is Boss
12-09-2012, 02:08 PM
Yeah. What part tripped you up?
That I should feel the need to?

I have already conflated into a succinct paragraph on here at least once, I remember once specifically arguing with northbanknutter, where I went through things in some detail. I'm not sitting here and doing it again; if people want to find out about it then they can do it for themselves.

Letters
12-09-2012, 02:10 PM
It would have been quicker to type a quick summary than type the posts saying you're not going to.
I want to know what you think.

Marc Overmars
12-09-2012, 02:14 PM
Serious SIB scares me.

Olivier's xmas twist
12-09-2012, 02:30 PM

Not everything is about money you know.

PGFC
12-09-2012, 02:34 PM
Not everything is about money you know.

:haha: priceless.

Olivier's xmas twist
12-09-2012, 02:37 PM
I'm sure The Sun will summarize tomorrow. I'll read it there.
(see what I did there, cos...oh never mind)

The Sun such a scummy paper and to say this is a bit tastless tbh.

Syn
12-09-2012, 02:43 PM
That I should feel the need to?

I have already conflated into a succinct paragraph on here at least once, I remember once specifically arguing with northbanknutter, where I went through things in some detail. I'm not sitting here and doing it again; if people want to find out about it then they can do it for themselves.

Look. It's really not that much effort to type out a paragraph. If you want to have a go, please do. I really do have no time for this "it'd take too much effort" approach - because do you know what I think about people who pull shit like that? I think they're a bunch of fucking charlatans that actually don't have a clue about what they're arguing about and so are avoiding it.

And there's no doubt there are a lot of these new scousers and Liverpool fans who know it's fashionable to take the extreme side of the Liverpool argument. I do get that - super fans, well done to them. But when there's a discussion on it and you're trying to argue that it's laughable to even contemplate a bunch of football fans (not necessarily those dead) should accept a fraction of blame for an event, I'm going to need a proper explanation. Otherwise, I'm immediately thinking 'full of shit'.

GP
12-09-2012, 02:48 PM
Look. It's really not that much effort to type out a paragraph. If you want to have a go, please do. I really do have no time for this "it'd take too much effort" approach - because do you know what I think about people who pull shit like that? I think they're a bunch of fucking charlatans that actually don't have a clue about what they're arguing about and so are avoiding it.

And there's no doubt there are a lot of these new scousers and Liverpool fans who know it's fashionable to take the extreme side of the Liverpool argument. I do get that - super fans, well done to them. But when there's a discussion on it and you're trying to argue that it's laughable to even contemplate a bunch of football fans (not necessarily those dead) should accept a fraction of blame for an event, I'm going to need a proper explanation. Otherwise, I'm immediately thinking 'full of shit'.

I actually agree with you.

Shaqiri Is Boss
12-09-2012, 02:54 PM
It would have been quicker to type a quick summary than type the posts saying you're not going to.
I want to know what you think.

With the police specifically, it isn't just that Duckenfield, an inexperienced officer in dealing with a football match, panicked an opened the exit gate, for which in a natural bottleneck which is what the Leppings Lane turnstiles were like meant that there was always going to be a surge of people in the central pen, but that even after they (and him especially) had realised their mistake they didn't do anything to try and mend the situation.

In opening the gate they defied various stewards who knew what would happen should they open the gate. They had changed the procedures dealing with slowly getting fans to get the the stadium, which combined with a problem on the M62 meant there was already a surge of people outside the ground; one shown time and again not to be especially rowdy, aggressive or out of the ordinary, but the sheer numbers were starting to cause problems. As I say, it was a natural bottleneck, once in you couldn't get out. There are even questions as to why a bigger fanbase would be given a smaller end of the ground with far more archaic infrastructure- the answers being geographically it was easier.

Once the gate had been opened they didn't make any attempt to direct fans into the adjacent pens which were almost empty but continued to allow them to go into the already overcrowded central pen. CCTV has shown that there wasn't a rush and fans simply walked through what was a dark tunnel into the centre. There was plenty of time for them to take control and diffuse the situation.

When it was becoming obvious that there was something wrong - Duckenfield was inside the police box in clear line of sight to the end in question and continued to do nothing. There are still questions as to what happened to the CCTV tapes at this time which were conveniently stolen. Even though they had a clear view of what was going on they continued to do nothing. By the time the game had started it was already a disaster, but still there was no leadership or guidance from the top and the police on the ground thought it was a pitch invasion and hooliganism, hence there are many reports of people being pushed back into the pen by police regardless of what they were seeing for themselves. Even by the time people had spilled out onto the pitch, the police formed barricades to try and stop them from making their way away from the crush. The only calls for more officers were to help shore up the barricade, not to go and help anyone. By the time ambulances arrived, they still thought they were dealing with an invasion and only allowed one ambulance on the pitch, despite there being two dozen outside the ground.

And despite seeing all of this and ordering the gate to be opened, Duckenfield openly lied and so started the cover up. The triumvirate of police, government and media went into action. And as we now have it confirmed, statements were altered on a massive level. Even the bodies housed in the gym were treated like criminals, the families questioned as if they were suspects and blood taken from children to test for alcohol levels.

But that it just the police, without getting into the fact the stadium didn't even have a safety certificate, the 3:15pm cut off and how there was very nearly the same incident a year before at the same ground.

And ever since then there has been no culpability from the police, and why it simply isn't a case that it was one gate and from there it was unavoidable. Had it been a case that he made a mistake and tried to rectify it from the start, then it may be a different issue, but they didn't, they compounded the situation and went in on themselves in order to blame the fans.

And I know by now that isn't particularly succinct or brief, but I'm a waffler.... although I didn't think I typed that much...

Letters
12-09-2012, 02:58 PM
Can someone summarize that.

GP
12-09-2012, 03:00 PM
Can someone summarize that.

The Sun were right all along.

Syn
12-09-2012, 03:05 PM
With the police specifically, it isn't just that Duckenfield, an inexperienced officer in dealing with a football match, panicked an opened the exit gate, for which in a natural bottleneck which is what the Leppings Lane turnstiles were like meant that there was always going to be a surge of people in the central pen, but that even after they (and him especially) had realised their mistake they didn't do anything to try and mend the situation.

In opening the gate they defied various stewards who knew what would happen should they open the gate. They had changed the procedures dealing with slowly getting fans to get the the stadium, which combined with a problem on the M62 meant there was already a surge of people outside the ground; one shown time and again not to be especially rowdy, aggressive or out of the ordinary, but the sheer numbers were starting to cause problems. As I say, it was a natural bottleneck, once in you couldn't get out. There are even questions as to why a bigger fanbase would be given a smaller end of the ground with far more archaic infrastructure- the answers being geographically it was easier.

Once the gate had been opened they didn't make any attempt to direct fans into the adjacent pens which were almost empty but continued to allow them to go into the already overcrowded central pen. CCTV has shown that there wasn't a rush and fans simply walked through what was a dark tunnel into the centre. There was plenty of time for them to take control and diffuse the situation.

When it was becoming obvious that there was something wrong - Duckenfield was inside the police box in clear line of sight to the end in question and continued to do nothing. There are still questions as to what happened to the CCTV tapes at this time which were conveniently stolen. Even though they had a clear view of what was going on they continued to do nothing. By the time the game had started it was already a disaster, but still there was no leadership or guidance from the top and the police on the ground thought it was a pitch invasion and hooliganism, hence there are many reports of people being pushed back into the pen by police regardless of what they were seeing for themselves. Even by the time people had spilled out onto the pitch, the police formed barricades to try and stop them from making their way away from the crush. The only calls for more officers were to help shore up the barricade, not to go and help anyone. By the time ambulances arrived, they still thought they were dealing with an invasion and only allowed one ambulance on the pitch, despite there being two dozen outside the ground.

And despite seeing all of this and ordering the gate to be opened, Duckenfield openly lied and so started the cover up. The triumvirate of police, government and media went into action. And as we now have it confirmed, statements were altered on a massive level. Even the bodies housed in the gym were treated like criminals, the families questioned as if they were suspects and blood taken from children to test for alcohol levels.

But that it just the police, without getting into the fact the stadium didn't even have a safety certificate, the 3:15pm cut off and how there was very nearly the same incident a year before at the same ground.

And ever since then there has been no culpability from the police, and why it simply isn't a case that it was one gate and from there it was unavoidable. Had it been a case that he made a mistake and tried to rectify it from the start, then it may be a different issue, but they didn't, they compounded the situation and went in on themselves in order to blame the fans.

And I know by now that isn't particularly succinct or brief, but I'm a waffler.... although I didn't think I typed that much...

:gp:

Shaqiri Is Boss
12-09-2012, 03:11 PM

I wasn't trying to say that I didn't want to debate it or that I couldn't be bothered, just that I have gone into it in detail before on here, and I get the feeling I will do so again. I would just rather people look into it themselves and draw their own conclusions and not just necessarily jump on whatever I say, because I don't doubt I don't know everything about it, or probably ever will. I'm not trying to be arsey with anyone, but I am naturally suspicious of trying to explain it on an internet forum, given it is a rival (well, once upon a time...) fans' forum and I get the feeling nbn was just trying to WUM the last time I went through it.

I don't doubt there were drunk fans there and there were ticketless fans there, there are at any sporting (or non sporting for that matter) event before or since. But both the Taylor report and the one released today have said there isn't any evidence that they were a contributory factor to what happened. There are images and accounts that the people outside the gates weren't causing any undue commotion and certainly not to any degree as it was initially portrayed. There is no evidence to suggest they surged toward the gate, but with it being a natural bottleneck the numbers were starting grow and they took the decision, in order to relieve the pressure outside, to open the gate and let them inside. From there, the police lose any sort of control and put the blame on the fans, even though that has since now been emphatically discredited. And after that they treated the bodies, including children, as criminals and the families as suspects.

Letters
12-09-2012, 03:13 PM
IMO this is a key point and one I was making above. Football fans are idiots, frankly. I don't believe the fans that way were any more idiotic or drunk than football fans often are. Or any less...

Idiots + Incompetent Police + Terraces + Cages to stop fans spilling onto the pitch...it's a recipe for disaster, one which it's amazing didn't happen more often. It took an incident like this to make things safer and whatever you think of all seater stadia a similar incident couldn't happen in one.

It does sound like there was a multitude of fuck-ups from the police who then pointed to everyone but themselves to blame and then covered their tracks.

Liverpool fans, especially the relatives and friends of those who died, have been understandably upset by attempts to deflect blame - particularly when the blame has been deflected onto those who died. But I'm not convinced that the fans were entirely blameless because...well, like I said at the top football fans are idiots.

Shaqiri Is Boss
12-09-2012, 03:28 PM
IMO this is a key point and one I was making above. Football fans are idiots, frankly. I don't believe the fans that way were any more idiotic or drunk than football fans often are. Or any less...

Idiots + Incompetent Police + Terraces + Cages to stop fans spilling onto the pitch...it's a recipe for disaster, one which it's amazing didn't happen more often. It took an incident like this to make things safer and whatever you think of all seater stadia a similar incident couldn't happen in one.

It does sound like there was a multitude of fuck-ups from the police who then pointed to everyone but themselves to blame and then covered their tracks.

Liverpool fans, especially the relatives and friends of those who died, have been understandably upset by attempts to deflect blame - particularly when the blame has been deflected onto those who died. But I'm not convinced that the fans were entirely blameless because...well, like I said at the top football fans are idiots.
As I say, if there had been some culpability from the establishment (and that includes police, the safety authority and the media) then it may be a different issue. But it has taken till now for there to be a proper acknowledgement that many (if not all) of the things the families were calling for and asking about were actually right. There are some things that are now known to be criminal, with the altering of evidence, but even before that, it is surely a case of negligence on the part of the police. They didn't just make a mistake in opening the gate, but they compounded the situation and many of them did nothing did nothing to help solve it, preferring to find ways to get themselves out of the shit, to this day. It wasn't just an accident, but failings on many levels and failing that could and should have been avoided quite easily.

But the fact it had happened at Hillsborough many times before, including in the very same fixture the year earlier shows to me there were inherent failures with the ground itself, ones which were known about and which weren't acted upon until it was too late. As I say, the ground didn't even have a valid safety certificate, how someone hasn't been prosecuted for that alone is baffling.

Worse than simply not admitting fault, is covering it up for two decades and trying their very best to blame those who they should have been protecting, aided by those in the media and in government. And I bet most people would still believe the initial cover story, which is the saddest thing of all.

Dennis Bendtner
12-09-2012, 03:30 PM

I suspect most would acknowledge that. Where I was coming from when you stated the 'football fans are idiots' thing first time was that there had to have been a particular screw-up here for it to end with so many deaths, as presumably overattendance and hooliganism was rife across the scale. Clearly there was a real general problem with stadia and match attendance in that era, not aided by the fans. But were the fans a real, significant, tipping factor for the deaths actually occurring? I guess that's what the families want to be clear of.

Marc Overmars
12-09-2012, 03:42 PM
Twitter trolls bringing up Heysel. :rolleyes:

Olivier's xmas twist
12-09-2012, 03:46 PM
Twitter trolls bringing up Heysel. :rolleyes:

Titter full of idiots tbh.

Cripps_orig
12-09-2012, 03:47 PM
Someone explain Heysel

Olivier's xmas twist
12-09-2012, 04:04 PM
Someone explain Heysel

Google it, stop being a lazy sod.

Shaqiri Is Boss
12-09-2012, 04:05 PM
Someone explain Heysel
1985 European Cup final in Belgium.

A dilapidated stadium falling to bits was chosen to host the final instead of the likes of the Bernebeu for reasons unknown. Between the two sets of fans there was meant to be a neutral area of Belgians, something neither side wanted divided by a flimsy fence and chicken wire. Somewhat inevitably that area actually became a mixed area of both Liverpool and Juventus fans, though the vast majority being Italian. The area wasn't policed and also inevitably hooligans from both sides started to throw missiles and goad each other. As it got worse a group of thuggish Liverpool fans attempted to storm the Juventus side and as both sets of fans rushed to that side, either to get away or to get at, a retaining wall collapsed killing 39 people.

Something we took far too long to take responsibility for and something for which Juve still, generally, hate Liverpool for, which is fair enough, and something people bring up whenever Hillsborough is mentioned.

Cripps_orig
12-09-2012, 04:09 PM
1985 European Cup final in Belgium.

A dilapidated stadium falling to bits was chosen to host the final instead of the likes of the Bernebeu for reasons unknown. Between the two sets of fans there was meant to be a neutral area of Belgians, something either side wanted divided by a flimsy fence and chicken wire. Somewhat inevitably that area actually became a mixed area of both Liverpool and Juventus fans, though the vast majority being Italian. The area wasn't policed and also inevitably hooligans from both sides started to throw missiles and goad each other. As it got worse a group of thuggish Liverpool fans attempted to storm the Juventus side and as both sets of fans rushed to that side, either to get away or to get at, a retaining wall collapsed killing 39 people.

Something we took far too long to take responsibility for and something for which Juve still, generally, hate Liverpool for, which is fair enough, and something people bring up whenever Hillsborough is mentioned.

They should put that on Wiki tbh

V-Pig
12-09-2012, 04:10 PM
Sounds like something good has finally happened.

That said, anyone who only didn't/doesn't buy The Sun because of Hillsborough is a fucktard. Shouldn't buy it anyway because it's a piece of shit.

Ollie the Optimist
12-09-2012, 04:13 PM
kelvin mackenzie has apologised. well i say apologised, he just released a statemetn saying he was sorry for his headline when really he is just sorry that the truth came out and he got caught.

i vote that we put him in a locked container with piers morgan and throw in the sea. get rid of two ****s in one go

V-Pig
It always scares me with the strength of feeling that these sorts of events generate even amongst those far removed from personal tragedy, and I say that as someone on their side against The Scum and 1980s policing.

Even if I didn't support their struggle for justice I wouldn't say anything in the same way I'd be wary of saying anything too critical of fanatical religion.

Football = religion, I guess?

McNamara That Ghost...
kelvin mackenzie has apologised. well i say apologised, he just released a statemetn saying he was sorry for his headline when really he is just sorry that the truth came out and he got caught.

i vote that we put him in a locked container with piers morgan and throw in the sea. get rid of two ****s in one go

Mackenzie is saying he was misled. What a ****.

Ollie the Optimist
12-09-2012, 04:16 PM
Mackenzie is saying he was misled. What a ****.

someone made an interesting point on twitter. they asked a question wether mackenzie is actually innocent in this, and that his sources which were a tory mp at the time and the police fed him false infomation as part of the cover up and used him to help with it.

its an interesting scenario, i think its bollocks but there could be something to it?

McNamara That Ghost...
12-09-2012, 04:18 PM
If that was true, then he is completely incompetent at his job and has been for barely checking the facts during 23 years. Given his job was to provide base-level stories to the brainless few, I wouldn't have thought he had betrayed his job remit.

Shaqiri Is Boss
12-09-2012, 04:20 PM
Even if he was mislead at the time, a decent journalist (and I say that knowing he was at the Sun and there is little to no chance of being a decent journalist there) would try and corroborate that information without just printing highly inflammatory lies for the sales.

And even then, he continued right up to today saying basically that he had no sympathy with the families and that he was never sorry for what he said.

He can rot.

Ollie the Optimist
12-09-2012, 04:22 PM
Even if he was mislead at the time, a decent journalist (and I say that knowing he was at the Sun and there is little to no chance of being a decent journalist there) would try and corroborate that information without just printing highly inflammatory lies for the sales.

And even then, he continued right up to today saying basically that he had no sympathy with the families and that he was never sorry for what he said.

He can rot.

you can tell his apology today means nothing because in 2006, he said he wasnt sorry before he wont be sorry later, he stands by what he said. he also said the only reason he apolgised before was because murdoch told him too.

by point though about false infomation is not to excuse him, but show the extent the cover up went. you are right though a decent journalist would have double checked it

Fats
12-09-2012, 04:28 PM
Totally agree with Letters. We were playing I think Newcastle that day when the news started coming through at half time.

IMO no one person or organisation is completely to blame. Letters Is right we lived in a different world. Liverpool were one of the worst for crowd violence back then and were not blameless.

I would like to know what the victims families call justice as I believe no public money should be used as compensation. Money will not bring anyone back and regardless of accountability so what do they want.

I am sure any of the police and authorities had no intention of causing such an awful event.

RIP the victims and families but the witch hunt has now got to stop.

Letters
12-09-2012, 04:34 PM
someone made an interesting point on twitter.:lol:

Olivier's xmas twist
12-09-2012, 05:02 PM
:lol:

LFC Camden ?

Marc Overmars
12-09-2012, 05:11 PM
:haha:

V-Pig
12-09-2012, 05:19 PM
Simon Price, Liverpool-supporting pop critic, just wrote on Twitter
"Alan Davies got anything to say?"

Presumably in reference to Alan Davies questioning why Liverpool didn't want to play on the Hillsborough anniversary. Which you might think is a legitimate question. But you can't question things like that. It doesn't matter if Alan Davies also "the Hillsborough disaster was the worst event in modern peacetime history. I was on a terrace listening to a radio as it happened."
All that matters is that he asked why.

Dennis Bendtner
12-09-2012, 05:23 PM
Yeah, bringing that up as a +1 is lame. That reaction compounded by the rejection of his donation to the HJC did not show certain people in a good light. More petty and going after completely the wrong person for the sake of it.

north bank nutter
12-09-2012, 05:36 PM
So whats been established today, the police and emergency services covered up some massive fuck ups on the day something we all know, but I guess that gives a certain degree of closure for the families of the bereaved.

As far as I am concerned all parties are to blame, the police for letting the scousers in so close to the kick off, the FA for allocating that end to the scousers when they had many more supporters than Nottm Forest, Sheffield Wednesday who despite the fact they knew the leppings lane end was a death trap did nothing to address the issue AND the scousers who turned up late, drunk and ticketless, where prepared to do anything to get in. To say the scousers where sober, orderly and well behaved is ridiculous.

One of my vivid memories of the 80s apart from the heysel massacre, was scousers climbing walls at wembley stadium to get into the terraces for the merseyside cup final. This shows the limits they would go to.

As someone else mentioned we where playing newcastle that day, when it emerged people had died at hillsborough the gooners in the north bank instantly thought it's scousers doing it again. Highbury used to hold 54-56,000, it wasnt comfortable when it was that packed out but you never thought you would die and the atmosphere was electric, in anycase arsenal refused to have fences in front of the north bank and the clock end. Good on them.

Shaqiri Is Boss
12-09-2012, 06:20 PM
If anyone is interested I'm currently watching the ITV documentary that was on the other day which may shed some light on things.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmW1xz6jJGw

Ollie the Optimist
12-09-2012, 07:14 PM
Simon Price, Liverpool-supporting pop critic, just wrote on Twitter
"Alan Davies got anything to say?"

Presumably in reference to Alan Davies questioning why Liverpool didn't want to play on the Hillsborough anniversary. Which you might think is a legitimate question. But you can't question things like that. It doesn't matter if Alan Davies also "the Hillsborough disaster was the worst event in modern peacetime history. I was on a terrace listening to a radio as it happened."
All that matters is that he asked why.

two completely different things and you cant compare them imo. today was about the truth of what happened, davies just asked why tehy dont play on that day. two seperate issues imo.

also davies brought up the point of why they dont refuse to play to on other dates such as heysel were liverpool fans died. united play on the munich date if that falls on matchday etc.

Olivier's xmas twist
12-09-2012, 07:42 PM
two completely different things and you cant compare them imo. today was about the truth of what happened, davies just asked why tehy dont play on that day. two seperate issues imo.

also davies brought up the point of why they dont refuse to play to on other dates such as heysel were liverpool fans died. united play on the munich date if that falls on matchday etc.

Wel no its not 2 diffrent things at all. Alan should have been more sensitive to pool fans and how they felt. So what if UTD play on the munic date thats their choice and if they felt they did not want too im sure they would not play.

Yes pool fans got the truth of what happend and maybe now they may play on that day now they have closure.

Shaqiri Is Boss
12-09-2012, 07:47 PM
IIRC the only thing that was silly of him to say was something like "this gets on my tits that shit" or whatever it was. When trying to make a rational argument, it usually helps to stay away from starting like that.

Most of it was just a storm in a teacup though if I'm remembering it rightly.

Letters
12-09-2012, 08:01 PM
IIRC the only thing that was silly of him to say was something like "this gets on my tits that shit" or whatever it was. When trying to make a rational argument, it usually helps to stay away from starting like that.

Most of it was just a storm in a teacup though if I'm remembering it rightly.He came across as a bit of a dick tbh.
He does on that podcast.

Shaqiri Is Boss
12-09-2012, 08:56 PM
http://i46.tinypic.com/oggvuv.png http://i50.tinypic.com/2ciber7.jpg

Xhaka Can’t
12-09-2012, 09:28 PM
The 'Mirror' have nailed it.

Keith
12-09-2012, 10:58 PM
Did the Sun need to tag the photo?

V-Pig
13-09-2012, 05:17 AM
I think you're forgetting what sort of readership they have. I'll be surprised if there isn't a step-by-step diagram of the incident on page 4.

Kano
13-09-2012, 08:52 AM
as my liverpudlian work mate said this morning, there is an element of truth in what alan davies and boris johnson said years ago. it is a small city with not much going on apart from the two clubs and it will continue on now as it heads towards the courts.

the families deserve the 'justice' and it being put to bed of course but this just continues to drag a big cloud over the entire city.

Xhaka Can’t
13-09-2012, 09:29 AM
It is a tough one. The families deserve justice and the passage of time cannot be used as an excuse not to try to ensure it. But it does cast an unhealthy shadow over the city and this will run for years to come.

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

north bank nutter
13-09-2012, 10:13 AM
Now that its been established that it wasn't the liverpool fans fault, even though most football fans think they are to blame just like all the other guilty parties. Is there going to be an enquiry/prosecutions into the Heysel Stadium disaster when Liverpool fans where responsible for the deaths of 39 innocent Juve fans?

Quite a lot of valid points made in the onlinegooner forum, the offshoot from the fanzine that talks a lot of sense. No scousers turning up late without tickets, as in 1984, 1986, 2005 and 2007. Then no mistakes from the police and no deaths. Simples.

Liverpool fans, professional victims since 1984.

Shaqiri Is Boss
13-09-2012, 10:14 AM
The thing is the passage of time (23 years is a disgrace) is solely because of the cover up.

All the things they were calling for and claiming, whilst all the time being portrayed as whining and maudlin, they were actually right.

Marc Overmars
13-09-2012, 10:15 AM
Didn't Liverpool accept responsibility for Heysel though?

north bank nutter
13-09-2012, 10:17 AM

Whether they accepted responsibility is irrelevant. How many pool fans where held to account?

Shaqiri Is Boss
13-09-2012, 10:18 AM
Yes, too late, but eventually.

And people went to prison. Whether they went for long enough, or too few were prosecuted, people were punished and the blame was clear. I think I'm right in saying even a high ranking official in Belgium was sent to prison over it. So frankly the post above mine is complete bollocks.

Kano
13-09-2012, 10:21 AM
Now that its been established that it wasn't the liverpool fans fault, even though most football fans think they are to blame just like all the other guilty parties. Is there going to be an enquiry/prosecutions into the Heysel Stadium disaster when Liverpool fans where responsible for the deaths of 39 innocent Juve fans?

Quite a lot of valid points made in the onlinegooner forum, the offshoot from the fanzine that talks a lot of sense. No scousers turning up late without tickets, as in 1984, 1986, 2005 and 2007. Then no mistakes from the police and no deaths. Simples.

Liverpool fans, professional victims since 1984.

not sure but the day after this comes out is hardly the time to start rooting around i would imagine - unless you have an axe to grind that is.

north bank nutter
13-09-2012, 10:37 AM
Yes, too late, but eventually.

And people went to prison. Whether they went for long enough, or too few were prosecuted, people were punished and the blame was clear. I think I'm right in saying even a high ranking official in Belgium was sent to prison over it. So frankly the post above mine is complete bollocks.

Heysel is a consequence of how pool fans behave at cup finals. Since then, they have turned up to cup finals ticketless en mass, gained access by any means eg climbing walls at wembley in 86, stealing tickets from their own fans before CL finals. Every football forum in this country has sympathy for the fans families but doesnt agree the fans are not also to blame.

Stop pumelling this board with bollocks about 1989, most gooners know the score(especially those who stood on the terraces in the 80s) and theres nothing you can say or do that will change that.

Kano
13-09-2012, 10:47 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/01/Ale_Bitter.jpg/220px-Ale_Bitter.jpg

Joker
13-09-2012, 11:21 AM
Two independent reports have now exonerated the Liverpool fans; we can't assume they were responsible because of their behaviour during other matches during that period.

Shaqiri Is Boss
13-09-2012, 11:58 AM
Two independent reports have now exonerated the Liverpool fans; we can't assume they were responsible because of their behaviour during other matches during that period.

It stems from the initial excuses given by the police; drunk, late and ticketless. Word for word. Pretty much as soon as they realised they shouldn't have opened the gate the blame was put on fans forcing it open, so as to portray them as being an aggressive mob. This was soon found to be untrue.

The Leppings Lane end had something like 7 turnstiles for 10000 fans, the Forest end had around 6 times that and they were much more modern and a far more open space. As such the speed in which fans were being admitted to the stadium was painfully slow.

I don't doubt there were those who were drunk and those who were without tickets, just like with every event before and since. But various reports have shown they were no more excessively rowdy than to be expected. The number of fans that went through both the gate and the turnstiles were estimated to be around 9700 and an upper limit of 10100, totally within line of what there should be an thus showing there was not a significant number of ticketless fans- something even many of the police witnesses thought.

There were undoubtedly people who had been drinking and were drunk, but once again this was shown to be a minority, with the vast majority being not even the worse for drink. The more reliable witnesses, according to Taylor, said that some of these people became impatient, but by this time as shown by CCTV and eye witnesses, the crush outside was already starting to become a clear, major problem by about 2:30pm and as such those who were drunk were not a causal factor. Whether they aggravated an already critical situation is a different issue, but they were no more at fault than those who stayed outside the stadium because it was a sunny day- not exactly an unreasonable thing.

And as I have already said, the problems were already starting at around half 2, by no means late or out of the ordinary for a football match even now. The police had already started to lose control by this point, half an hour before the game started.

But to blame a minority selection of a group of fans, that can't be considered a homogeneous entity in itself, is wrong. As wrong as it would be to suggest those who were enjoying the sunny day were at fault. And even more wrong to suggest they had any bearing on the mistakes and negligence that came long after opening the gate. Would it have happened should you take this minority out, yes, would it have happened had there not been a number of massive errors from the police, no. But as soon as they known they had fucked up, they quickly went into action to exaggerate and portray it as a major cause, and mud sticks.

Cripps_orig
13-09-2012, 12:01 PM
Has Sheffield Wednesday asked Liverpool for compensation for destroying their stand?

The Wengerbabies
13-09-2012, 01:14 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A2ljInICUAAHHaP.jpg

Liverpool really needs to get over itself tbh.

Cripps_orig
13-09-2012, 01:19 PM
Pretty much

V-Pig
13-09-2012, 03:35 PM
I've been to Hillsborough.

The staff there were well mean. And there wasn't even a game on.

It's a scumhole.

Blades :bow:

Niall_Quinn
13-09-2012, 03:39 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A2ljInICUAAHHaP.jpg

Liverpool really needs to get over itself tbh.

Spent a lot of time in Liverpool and I find the people (in the main) to be very genuine and very willing to have a laugh without necessarily needing to know who the fuck you are. Wandered into a good few pubs there in the past and ended up having a great time of it with strangers wo seemed to appreciate, hey, we're in a pub, let's have fun.

Spend a lot of time in London. ****s.

Marc Overmars
13-09-2012, 03:40 PM
Liverpool is probably the best night out in the country, for my money.

Niall_Quinn
13-09-2012, 03:42 PM
Oh and Boris Johnson is that bloke who dresses up as a penguin and smashes up people's restaurants because it's a laugh, wot, wot? Day I listen to anything that **** proposes, through teeth clenched around a shit-stained silver spoon, is the day I'll shoot myself in the head for letting my standards drop to zero. Only thing I want to hear about Boris Johnson is a news report on how he died.

Niall_Quinn
13-09-2012, 03:42 PM
Liverpool is probably the best night out in the country, for my money.

Or Newcastle (if you escape with your life)

north bank nutter
14-09-2012, 07:20 AM
Oh and Boris Johnson is that bloke who dresses up as a penguin and smashes up people's restaurants because it's a laugh, wot, wot? Day I listen to anything that **** proposes, through teeth clenched around a shit-stained silver spoon, is the day I'll shoot myself in the head for letting my standards drop to zero. Only thing I want to hear about Boris Johnson is a news report on how he died.

Boris Johnson is one of the few politicians who speaks the truth, gets him into a lot of trouble but at least he is honest. What he said about the scousers is right.

Liverpool good night out lol, Newcastle is streets ahead of it, and you dont have to worry about having your wallet or hub caps being nicked. ;)

Marc Overmars
14-09-2012, 07:26 AM
Newcastle is full of orange muscle men who wear v neck tees.

Explains why you think it's better tbh.

north bank nutter
14-09-2012, 07:41 AM

Do me a favour, Liverpool is a shithole. As for geordie land if you look out for muscly men in V necked t shirts that's not my problem, personally i'm gawping at the women in their bra tops.

And that scouse accent, probably only second most annoying behind the brummies.

GP
14-09-2012, 08:36 AM
Having lived in Liverpool, I can confirm that it is indeed a massive stinking pit of turd.

Shaqiri Is Boss
14-09-2012, 08:57 AM
A lot of it is. A lot of it isn't. Like any other place in the world.

But I don't expect a counter-argument to what I said, just repetition of the same old rubbish.

Xhaka Can’t
14-09-2012, 09:48 AM
Most of the big towns and cities up north that I've been to are a damn good night out. Liverpool is amongst the best. Would not want to live there though.

Olivier's xmas twist
14-09-2012, 12:53 PM

Geordie Shore :bow:

Cripps_orig
17-09-2012, 11:15 PM
Former director of football Damien Comolli wanted to bring Chelsea striker Fernando Torres, 28, back to Liverpool.
Full story: Daily Mail

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
17-09-2012, 11:48 PM
Has Sheffield Wednesday asked Liverpool for compensation for destroying their stand?

:haha::haha::haha:

Niall_Quinn
17-09-2012, 11:55 PM

They only wear tees if they are queer - otherwise bare chests in the winter and Mirandinha kit in the summer. The birds have beards but you can't have everything I suppose.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
18-09-2012, 12:00 AM
They only wear tees if they are queer - otherwise bare chests in the winter and Mirandinha kit in the summer.

Charlie :bow:

Cripps_orig
20-09-2012, 03:01 PM
Hillsborough Families Support Group have slammed Sheffield Wednesday for their behaviour after the disaster, insisting the victims were treated with disdain throughout.

HFSG were particularly critical of the club’s former chairman Dave Richards, who took over from Bert McGee six months after the incident, and have accused him of a complete lack of respect for the grieving.

Trevor Hicks, the group’s president, expressed his unhappiness at the club's failure to erect a memorial for a decade after the tragedy.

"You could not get much greater contempt for families trying to deal with the loss of their loved ones," Hicks told The Guardian.

"Sheffield Wednesday's attitude to the families, and failure to put a memorial up for 10 years, was very distressing to us when we were dealing with the loss of our loved ones.

"[Lord Justice] Taylor identified their safety failures as contributory causes of the deaths, yet they behaved as if they did think it was the fans' fault. There was no apology."

Under Richards, Sheffield Wednesday refused to accept liability and pay compensation to the victims, instead reaching a confidential settlement with the police.

Under the settlement, the club paid a portion of compensation, but claims from the bereaved and injured were settled “without admission of liability.”

Margaret Aspinall, the chair of the HFSG, levelled criticism at Richards for his role in the club’s refusal of responsibility, and his elevation in recent years to chairman of the Premier League, calling for him to resign from his post as head of England's top flight.

Aspinall said: "I am absolutely appalled and disgusted that after our loved ones died and we were caused so much pain and suffering.

"The chairman of the club where the disaster happened, which failed to put a memorial up for 10 years and treated the families with contempt, has been knighted for services to football and is the chairman of the Premier League.

"While we have been through 23 years of hell fighting for the truth and justice, a lot of people have done very well after Hillsborough. We never got an apology from one of them.

"Certainly, Sir Dave Richards should give up his knighthood and resign as the chairman of the Premier League."

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/09/20/3389834/sheffield-wednesday-criticised-for-behaviour-after

wtf? :blink:

Olivier's xmas twist
20-09-2012, 03:07 PM
Me :bow:

McNamara That Ghost...
21-09-2012, 06:10 PM
Part 1 of the Liverpool documentary is on 5 tonight at 9pm.

Shaqiri Is Boss
21-09-2012, 06:18 PM
I can only see us coming out looking good from this. Apparently Rodgers has a picture of himself on his front room wall :unsure:

My only solace is that everyone else will have their own documentaries to come.

McNamara That Ghost...
21-09-2012, 06:22 PM
I think it will be great. The info calls it 'fly-on-the-wall', I don't think it will really be that candid.

Shaqiri Is Boss
21-09-2012, 06:28 PM
I think some parts of it will be fascinating, for me anyway, but I'm sure some of it will be horribly cringeworthy.

I wouldn't have thought the owners would want to look as idiotic as QPRs did though.

McNamara That Ghost...
21-09-2012, 06:30 PM
Nobody is going to look as idiotic as Briatore.

Cripps_orig
22-09-2012, 01:39 AM
So how was the documentary?

McNamara That Ghost...
22-09-2012, 10:16 AM
Watching it now.

Rodgers' wise words ahead of the WBA defeat. :lol:

McNamara That Ghost...
22-09-2012, 10:21 AM
Brave Brendan Rodgers is the feeling I am getting from the first part of it.

McNamara That Ghost...
22-09-2012, 10:24 AM
It has turned in to Cribs now. Stevie Me's house. :lol:

McNamara That Ghost...
22-09-2012, 10:25 AM
I'm not sure talking about him being 'normal' is particularly believable when you have a white grand piano under the stairs.

McNamara That Ghost...
22-09-2012, 10:28 AM
Suarez, Coates and Lucas playing Monopoly. :haha:

McNamara That Ghost...
22-09-2012, 10:37 AM
How did Adam make it in? :haha:

McNamara That Ghost...
22-09-2012, 10:42 AM
That painting of Rodgers on the wall is really odd.

McNamara That Ghost...
22-09-2012, 10:46 AM
Borini. :bow:

Dennis Bendtner
22-09-2012, 10:47 AM
I caught the last 20 minutes. Rodgers telling some gormless kid that he's not Cafu. A lot of it towards the end sounded like an amalgamation of RAWK posts.

McNamara That Ghost...
22-09-2012, 10:48 AM
"It's going to take something incredible for him to leave the football club". Rodgers on Carroll. :lol:

McNamara That Ghost...
22-09-2012, 10:56 AM
Cody Ross talking with Charlie Adam. :lol:

McNamara That Ghost...
22-09-2012, 10:57 AM
Bobby Valentine has a very odd voice.

Shaqiri Is Boss
22-09-2012, 05:30 PM
It wasn't actually that bad, considering it was obviously aimed for the American market from the every start.

Don't know how they'll string it out for 5 more episodes though.

And there is no way those three sit there playing Monopoly every week :lol:

McNamara That Ghost...
22-09-2012, 06:21 PM
If they really wanted to ramp up the PR, it should've been the Liverpool or Liverpool FC based Monopoly.

GP
22-09-2012, 06:28 PM
If they really wanted to ramp up the PR, it should've been the Liverpool or Liverpool FC based Monopoly.

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg230/scaled.php?server=230&filename=scousemonopoly6wi.jpg&res=landing

:ninja:

McNamara That Ghost...
22-09-2012, 06:29 PM

Conopoly. :bow:

McNamara That Ghost...
23-09-2012, 08:31 PM
http://funnypicturesplus.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/iphone-5-liverpool-table-funny-285x300.jpg

Shaqiri Is Boss
23-09-2012, 08:34 PM
Actually, if that stops at 17th.... you do.

McNamara That Ghost...
23-09-2012, 08:37 PM
iPhone. :lol:

Best thing about it is it leaves me more opportunity to get other phones.

GP
23-09-2012, 08:48 PM
Lumia :bow:

Cripps_orig
23-09-2012, 11:08 PM
Liverpool defender Daniel Agger, 27, could miss the rest of the season after sustaining a knee injury in the 2-1 defeat by Manchester United.
Full story: Metro (http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/912950-daniel-agger-facing-lengthy-lay-off-with-suspected-medial-ligament-damage#ixzz27KVbdD21)

Carra in for the rest of the season?

McNamara That Ghost...
24-09-2012, 07:33 AM
Liverpool. :rose:

I think he'd be benchman though, maybe Wisdom will get quickly promoted.

Agger is made of glass.

McNamara That Ghost...
24-09-2012, 07:34 AM
Lumia :bow:

Pretty much. My contract is nearly up on my HTC. :popcorn:

Shaqiri Is Boss
24-09-2012, 02:59 PM
It seems Agger isn't dead!

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Until next time...

Kelly is though :rose:.

Step up, Andre.

Cripps_orig
24-09-2012, 03:29 PM
http://www.talksport.co.uk/magazine/features/120921/being-liverpool-documentary-trailer-they-didnt-want-you-see-181457

Trailer for the Liverpool documentary

Cripps_orig
24-09-2012, 11:13 PM
STEVEN GERRARD reckons Luis Suarez is being victimised by referees due to his reputation.
Suarez was at the centre of another diving storm at Anfield on Sunday after tumbling in the box under a Jonny Evans challenge.
That came after he was booked at Sunderland last week for simulation.
TV replays of the incident against Manchester United were inconclusive — yet Reds skipper Gerrard believes the Uruguayan striker will struggle to get decisions even when they are obvious.
He said: “Even when Luis gets blatant penalties now he is never going to get them. It is down to referees to not judge him. They have got to make their decisions based on what they see.
“If it is not a penalty, they don’t give him one, but if it is clear, give him it. It’s only fair.
“He was booked last week at Sunderland, but Sunday’s was a penalty. In these big games, you need things to go your way and you certainly don’t need big refereeing decisions that are wrong going against you. That is what happened.”
Liverpool had further salt rubbed in the wounds when referee Mark Halsey awarded United a spot-kick winner, as Antonio Valencia crashed under Glen Johnson’s desperate cover tackle.
Johnson is adamant he never touched Valencia — and is certain the decision would not have gone Liverpool’s way had Suarez been the man who had gone to ground.
He claimed: “I almost guarantee that if you flipped the situation, if Luis was in the position of Valencia, he wouldn’t get a penalty.
“Reputations go in front of people at times and because Valencia is not someone who is known as a diver, he gets the decision.
“Referees have to forget who they are looking at. They just have to make the decisions.
“They have to call the shots at the time, regardless of who it is.”

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4555051/Steven-Gerrard-Referees-think-Luis-Suarez-is-a-diver.html#ixzz27QpbOAPN

He is a diver tbh

V-Pig
25-09-2012, 05:19 AM
Hahaha. Coming from him, quite funny.

Also, I love how he says "He was booked last week at Sunderland, but Sunday’s was a penalty" as though it's a natural thing for his team mate to have been caught blatantly cheating just the week before.

Marc Overmars
25-09-2012, 07:30 AM
Suarez is a quality player but a slimy little **** for sure.

Shaqiri Is Boss
25-09-2012, 11:02 AM
He is definitely a ****, no one can deny that.

But at the same time I do think he is getting a hard time from refs in the box, which is probably down to his reputation not just for diving and going down easily, or even the way he goes down. He is disliked almost universally unlike most other players, which, tbf, if he weren't a Liverpool player I would probably go along with too. After all he denied the WHOLE OF AFRICA!

Decisions like Mertesacker where he dragged him to the floor not given and yet when other players are brushed with a finger referees can't wait to give a pel.

I wish he'd shoot rather than take someone on at least 3 times though.

Cripps_orig
27-09-2012, 04:54 PM
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11669/8114086/Decisions-go-against-us-says-Brendan-Rodgers-as-Liverpool-boss-speaks-to-referees-chief

Didnt King Kenny do the same last season?

Olivier's xmas twist
27-09-2012, 05:04 PM
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11669/8114086/Decisions-go-against-us-says-Brendan-Rodgers-as-Liverpool-boss-speaks-to-referees-chief

Didnt King Kenny do the same last season?

Tbf the small clubs never get the decisons.

Shaqiri Is Boss
27-09-2012, 05:14 PM
He's right of course.

Some of the decisions that have gone against us have been downright incompetent. And when someone like Ferguson can say United don't get favourable decisions there's no reason why we shouldn't either.

Every club thinks they're hard done by though. We're different, we actually are.

McNamara That Ghost...
28-09-2012, 08:29 PM
Second episode of the Liverpool documentary:

Sterling. :lol:

You can tell he's still a teenager.

GP
28-09-2012, 08:30 PM
Second episode of the Liverpool documentary:

Sterling. :lol:

You can tell he's still a teenager.

Was he playing Pokeman? Or listening to 'Call me Maybe'?

McNamara That Ghost...
28-09-2012, 08:30 PM
Spearing said he was trying to nail down the sitting role. :lol:

McNamara That Ghost...
28-09-2012, 08:31 PM
Was he playing Pokeman? Or listening to 'Call me Maybe'?

He was wearing a John Cena shirt.

Nah, he was backchatting to Rodgers. :lol:

Rodgers said to Shelvey he has everything in his locker, just, 'stay on your feet'. :haha:

Wilkins. :bow:

McNamara That Ghost...
28-09-2012, 08:34 PM
Rodgers said he wanted the side to play with aggression and charisma against Toronto. :unsure:

McNamara That Ghost...
28-09-2012, 08:46 PM
Carroll. :haha:

Smacked in the face with a baseball.

McNamara That Ghost...
28-09-2012, 08:52 PM
Spearing had an eye infection? :lol:

Shaqiri Is Boss
29-09-2012, 11:59 AM
It hasn't been terrible, which is a plus.

Kirby is reminding why he gets on my nerves and Rodgers just sounds like Mr Mackey, mmmkay.

Grebbo
08-10-2012, 10:02 AM
That Sterling lad is awesome!

Suarez would be world class if he could hit the target. Why does he dive so much?? It's getting silly now. He's more annoying than Eboue and I never thought I'd say that about a player!

I even heard Gerrard claiming Suarez should have had a pen against Manure and Suarez is being victimised. If it's the perfectly clean tackle made by Evans he's talking about then I don't know what Gerrard's been smoking. Even that case against Norwich was no way a pen, he basically just stopped and backed into the defender and fell over. The guy is a joke.

Marc Overmars
08-10-2012, 10:14 AM
Suarez is world class tbf.

I see him as Bergkamp-esque. He won't get you 20+ goals but his play at times is just ridiculous. If Liverpool actually had someone else who could score with a degree of regularity they'd be fine.

Kano
08-10-2012, 10:40 AM
would be world class :lol:

the guy already is. an utter **** but what a footballer. even if he doesn't score, he'll create enough from his runs and movement for others around him. He'll get 20+ this year but of course they need other options.

Shaqiri Is Boss
08-10-2012, 11:25 AM
The guy is indeed a ****. An utter ****. But seeing as he's a Liverpool ****, I support him.

He is world class, but he is by no means a finisher. It's a cliché but he's a scorer of great goals but not a great goalscorer. We so desperately need a goalscorer.

He doesn't help himself with his reactions and his dives, like yesterday. But at the same time he is targeted by defenders and takes a kicking every game. As he was yesterday, which I'm sure you can understand given the opposition. He dusted himself down and got on with it and threw it all away with that pike.

But is he any worse than Bale, Welbeck, Young, Nani, Drogba, Ronaldo?...no. They still get/got decisions so there's more to it than that. Suarez is disliked more than any of those by both fans and players alike. He wasn't getting decisions before yesterday, and he won't get them now, nothing has changed. No amount of honesty or good behaviour will change the way everyone here thinks of him, that's too far gone. And the one against Norwich was one of the most clear penalties I've ever seen and it wasn't given. Ever since he denied the WHOLE OF AFRICA he has been hated by all and sundry, and like with Eduardo people are all too happy to make it a witch hunt, though he doesn't help himself.

But if he hadn't gone over yesterday then all the talk would be about how much of a crisis we are in, so in a way I'm glad he's taking our flak because if anyone can handle it now, it's him. But his dive was no worse than Bale's, his behaviour didn't hurt a player like Huth's stamp or Van Persie's elbow, and yet he is taking all of the ire. And it's interesting that hypocritical twat Pulis, what was he saying about Crouch's handball the other week? Praising it. As long as he manages that bunch of cavemen and lauds not only the way they play but how they cheat, he should have absolutely no say on the behaviour of others.

Kano
08-10-2012, 11:43 AM
I laughed out loud when I saw last weeks decision against Norwich - that was absolutely ludicrous!

Shaqiri Is Boss
08-10-2012, 11:46 AM
I laughed out loud when I saw last weeks decision against Norwich - that was absolutely ludicrous!

http://www.abload.de/img/untitled-3v7jno.gif

If that isn't a penalty, I don't know what is.

GP
08-10-2012, 11:50 AM
Clear dive.

Grebbo
08-10-2012, 12:25 PM
lol from that angle it looks a pen. If you watch it side on you clearly see Suarez stop so the defender runs in to him. Maybe that's still a pen but it strikes me with Suarez that he concentrates more on trying to get a pen than holding off the challenge and shooting at goal. Maybe because his shooting is so piss poor he'd rather have the pen.

Suarez is certainly not world class. To miss the target as much as he does is not world class.

He is bloody good though, no doubt about it.

Grebbo
08-10-2012, 12:27 PM
Oh and does anyone at Liverpool have the balls to tell Suarez to stop bloody diving?

Fergie did it with Ronaldo and he went on to be a better player.

It annoyed me that Wenger didn't tell Eboue to cut the crap sooner.

Kano
08-10-2012, 12:29 PM
lol from that angle it looks a pen. If you watch it side on you clearly see Suarez stop so the defender runs in to him. Maybe that's still a pen but it strikes me with Suarez that he concentrates more on trying to get a pen than holding off the challenge and shooting at goal. Maybe because his shooting is so piss poor he'd rather have the pen.

seriously, clean your glasses. he shapes to take a shot then gets an elbow in the neck!

28 in 62 ain't too bad for a midtable side.

Shaqiri Is Boss
08-10-2012, 12:36 PM
The Norwich one of course he's slowing down, the ball was 3 foot above his head. And actually, if you look at it (and the position he was in) he's pulling his foot back to shoot. That doesn't absolve Bennett from fouling him twice in one go- elbow and a trip.

I don't think he tries to get a penalty every time, but he tries to take players on too many times. He'll go past them then turn and try it again, which is infuriating considering we can't score for fun. But he isn't afraid of shooting either, because he will take a shot from ridiculous angles where he has no chance of scoring, again like yesterday. His decision making when it's time to shoot is terrible I'll say that, because when he just hits it one instinct in normally scores/forces a good save.

He's much more of a playmaker than a striker though. It's only because we have no one else that he plays that role, and time playing in Holland counts for very little either.

Grebbo
08-10-2012, 01:33 PM
seriously, clean your glasses. he shapes to take a shot then gets an elbow in the neck!

28 in 62 ain't too bad for a midtable side.

The elbow comes after he's already going down. The defender goes into the back of him because Suarez deliberately stops as he knows the defender will inevitably clatter in to him. So technically I suppose it is a pen, I just don't know why he doesn't just shoot instead of doing all that.

28 in 62 is good but seeing as everything goes through him his stats should be more like RVP's to be considered world class.

Grebbo
08-10-2012, 01:34 PM
Oh and if he wasn't a diver I'd love to have him at Arsenal.

Shaqiri Is Boss
08-10-2012, 01:38 PM
He slows down because the ball is bouncing from 3 foot above his head. Unless you expect him to run past the ball.

He pulls his leg back in order to shoot and gets clattered, tripped and elbowed.

It's not "technically" a penalty. It is a penalty.

Syn
08-10-2012, 01:39 PM
The elbow comes after he's already going down. The defender goes into the back of him because Suarez deliberately stops as he knows the defender will inevitably clatter in to him. So technically I suppose it is a pen, I just don't know why he doesn't just shoot instead of doing all that.

Yeah, that's the only way I can see it.

He is playing for a pen - and, as you say, I could understand if it was given. It was a clumsy challenge, he was going down already but it's the defenders fault for making contact anyway.

Syn
08-10-2012, 01:40 PM
Just had a couple more views focusing on the legs. Yeah, that's a pen, no doubt. Anyone would go down there.

Grebbo
08-10-2012, 01:50 PM
What's worse: giving a pen when it's a dive or not giving a legitimate pen?

The problem Suarez has created is he dives so often now that refs can't give him pens even for legitimate fouls because it's Suarez so there's a high probability it's a dive.

If Suarez didn't dive then he'd actually get more pens.

I think the Norwich one is a pen but I really don't think it's clear cut. That super slow mo clip is very favourable for the pen, but if you watch it in normal time it's clear that Suarez deliberately stops so the defender makes contact - nothing to do with controlling the ball, he had no intention of controlling and shooting, his aim was to play for a pen IMO.

Not all contact by a defender on a striker in the box should result in a pen. There'd be a pen at every corner otherwise.

Kano
08-10-2012, 01:51 PM

28 in 62 is good but seeing as everything goes through him his stats should be more like RVP's to be considered world class.

you obviously don't like liverpool. i understand that. they are dead funny right now.

but you are way, way off on this one. that defender hits him his right thigh, then his elbow as well as Suarez's left leg - an absolute stonewall of a penalty. suarez was shaping to shoot when he is first hit - you have to slow down to shape up!

not many players doing better than 1 in 2 for a team in liverpools position, so he can't be faulted for that.

i'm not sure how you define world class but by my reckoning, this guy falls into that category.

EDIT: actually I'm still laughing watching that GIF given that people are finding a way to argue that it wasn't a penalty. amazing. couldn't be clearer.

Grebbo
08-10-2012, 02:03 PM
If you're using stats to claim Suarez is world class then what the hell is RVP? He must be on a different planet. Messi and Ronaldo even more so.

What is world class anyway? For me it's if a player could get into the worlds best teams. I don't think Suarez could.

This is the pen at normal speed:

http://watchhighlightsonline.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/video-luis-suarez-penalty-claim-suarez.html

Shaqiri Is Boss
08-10-2012, 02:04 PM
It actually looks worse in normal speed.

GP
08-10-2012, 02:11 PM
Yeah, a worse dive.

lol

Kano
08-10-2012, 02:13 PM
If you're using stats to claim Suarez is world class then what the hell is RVP? He must be on a different planet. Messi and Ronaldo even more so.

What is world class anyway? For me it's if a player could get into the worlds best teams. I don't think Suarez could.

This is the pen at normal speed:

http://watchhighlightsonline.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/video-luis-suarez-penalty-claim-suarez.html

I'm using stats to add to the argument. his movement, runs and ball ability is absolutely fantastic - he would look and probably perform even better in a more successful team.

oh and rvc is a ****. i thought you knew?

world class is intangible, i think it comes down to the individual.

Grebbo
08-10-2012, 02:23 PM
One thing I think we can all agree on though is Stoke FC being a disgrace from top to bottom.

That stamp was disgraceful. Why was Pulis allowed to have his views aired on MOTD about Suarez but not be forced to answer questions about the stamp?

GP
08-10-2012, 02:58 PM
They're Stoke and they don't complain.

Cripps_orig
08-10-2012, 06:48 PM
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/10/08/3434669/shankly-would-be-turning-in-his-grave-lawrenson-slams

Did anyone watch it?

Olivier's xmas twist
08-10-2012, 06:50 PM
They're Stoke and they don't complain.

Kano
08-10-2012, 07:20 PM
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/10/08/3434669/shankly-would-be-turning-in-his-grave-lawrenson-slams

Did anyone watch it?
saw a little bit which was alright - not a complete car crash.

but this sort of reaction says it all about liverpool. the sooner that generation die out the better - until then the club is chained to his past and will always hold it back now.

Ollie the Optimist
08-10-2012, 07:22 PM
http://www.abload.de/img/untitled-3v7jno.gif

If that isn't a penalty, I don't know what is.

being denied a stonewall penalty against norwich because a norwich player tripped you. yep that sucks :(

Olivier's xmas twist
08-10-2012, 10:51 PM
saw a little bit which was alright - not a complete car crash.

but this sort of reaction says it all about liverpool. the sooner that generation die out the better - until then the club is chained to his past and will always hold it back now.

Meh its Lawro, he always talks nonsense and moans about rubbish.

Shaqiri Is Boss
09-10-2012, 12:40 PM
Michael Kightly says the actions of players like Liverpool's Luis Suarez are ruining the game.

Uruguay's Suarez was criticised by Stoke boss Tony Pulis who has called for divers to be handed a three-match ban, after the forward's performance in Sunday's goalless draw at Anfield.

Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers responded by saying the vilification of 25-year-old Suarez was wrong and unfair.

"When you get a little touch and he is screaming like he has broken his leg you do think 'is he hurt?' but nine times out of 10, he's not," Stoke winger Kightly told The Sentinel.

"It is something we are trying to get out of the game. Referees have to try to stamp down on it.

Either he's being deliberately ironic, or he's a thick bastard.

Kano
09-10-2012, 12:49 PM
you shouldn't even offer that first option

Master Splinter
09-10-2012, 08:09 PM
I for one would welcome some Brendan Rodgers fachts on Stoke and Pulis.

Being British would ensure some of the cavemen in the media would sympathise with Rodgers rather than mock him as they did with Rafa, who was a fat, Spanish, articulate, fat, fancy Spaniard.

But then Pulis is the greatest Briton since Diana, so it would probably just accelerate his canonisation by the moronic airheads who occupy positions of power punditry in football.

Olivier's xmas twist
09-10-2012, 08:22 PM
Either he's being deliberately ironic, or he's a thick bastard.

Plays for stoke what do you expect. I bet he'd have no problem wih stamping on someones head or kicking the shit out of another player.

Bet he was happy when Crouch cheated against Citeh.

Grebbo
10-10-2012, 09:46 AM
Clip from Being Liverpool....

This is cringeworthy stuff. As someone said, Rodgers is David Brent. Just the fact that his polo shirt is buttoned up to the top would put me off him.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/being-liverpool-brendan-rodgers-envelope-1369893

Grebbo
10-10-2012, 09:49 AM
Rodgers' living room. Why on earth did he let this stuff become public?!

http://i1.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article1315005.ece/ALTERNATES/s615/3PMRODGERS.jpg

Marc Overmars
10-10-2012, 09:55 AM
What a freak.

Syn
10-10-2012, 09:59 AM
What a dickhead. God knows what he'll do if he actually becomes good at his profession - build a statue?

V-Pig
10-10-2012, 10:19 AM

http://i1.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article1315005.ece/ALTERNATES/s615/3PMRODGERS.jpg

When you play with the plug sockets below, it's as though you're indecently touching him.

I wonder if the painting starts growling seductively when you plug in an appliance. That's the sort of quirky touch a V-PIG mansion would have. Why can't I be rich? Money is wasted on the uncreative.

GP
10-10-2012, 10:48 AM
At least he isn't referring to himself in the 3rd person.

The GP hates when people do that.

Kano
10-10-2012, 11:14 AM

i think it was done by a fan and given to him as a present

Grebbo
10-10-2012, 11:22 AM
i think it was done by a fan and given to him as a present

So you sign it and give it back to him. Or keep it in a cupboard.

Under no circumstances do you hang it on a wall in your house as that would make you a bell end.

Grebbo
10-10-2012, 11:23 AM
Anyway the video clip explaining the envelopes is far more cringeworthy than the pic on the wall.

Kano
10-10-2012, 11:29 AM
So you sign it and give it back to him. Or keep it in a cupboard.

Under no circumstances do you hang it on a wall in your house as that would make you a bell end.

*takes down portrait from above bed*

Shaqiri Is Boss
10-10-2012, 11:52 AM
I think it was a gift after some charity event made by some disabled Swansea fans. If I were the person who made it I'd be pretty annoyed if he just chucked it in a cupboard though.

I wouldn't have one of myself on the wall, but then I wouldn't have one of Rodgers either, even if it was signed.

I would say though that if he fails then he will undoubtedly look like David Brent.

GP
10-10-2012, 12:04 PM
He's basically just a chilled-out entertainer.

Dennis Bendtner
10-10-2012, 01:13 PM
That envelope thing. :haha:

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/9/90725/2119751-jackie-chan-meme.png

I like what he is doing at Liverpool, playing young players instead of putting up with the heap of shit given to him, but this documentary is fail after fail.

Shaqiri Is Boss
10-10-2012, 01:21 PM
The only thing I'm surprised about is that he only restricted it to 3.

Probably 3 who have already gone.

Although reading that article, why is it that when Rodgers does it, it's bizarre, yet when "Fergie" does it it's a "technique"? Ferguson has done some weird stuff to try and motivate players. Like apparently handing out a yellow bib at the end of every training session to who he considered the worst trainer.

Grebbo
10-10-2012, 02:26 PM
The only thing I'm surprised about is that he only restricted it to 3.

Probably 3 who have already gone.

Although reading that article, why is it that when Rodgers does it, it's bizarre, yet when "Fergie" does it it's a "technique"? Ferguson has done some weird stuff to try and motivate players. Like apparently handing out a yellow bib at the end of every training session to who he considered the worst trainer.

I'll tell you why.... because Fergie didn't put it in to a TV show.

Envelopes, pictures of yourself on your bedroom wall etc is odd but ok if you're into that sort of thing. Letting it be aired on national TV is certainly not ok and is very egotistical.

Like you said; no-one will care about this stuff if Rodgers is a success. But if he's a failure then it's a lot of piss taking coming his way.

Oh and there are no names in the envelopes.

I actually think he's done a good job. He's told £100m of flops to go fuck em selves - that is brave! Especially as they'd only been signed the season before. Envelopes is pure Brent though.

Grebbo
10-10-2012, 02:28 PM
I think it was a gift after some charity event made by some disabled Swansea fans. If I were the person who made it I'd be pretty annoyed if he just chucked it in a cupboard though.

Well you obviously don't tell them you're going to chuck their gift in a cupboard. I'm sure managers get sent tat made by fans on a daily basis.

Shaqiri Is Boss
10-10-2012, 03:02 PM
I'm not really seeing how the envelope thing is egotistical. Odd, yes. But then rubbing horse placenta on players' legs is odd, and plenty of managers authorise that. All it is is planting the seed that he expects a high level of work and ability. And yes, the envelope will be empty/paper/blank. But when Ferguson did it it was still in the public knowledge, just through word of mouth. It wouldn't make any difference if you learn about it through the radio or TV if you know they did it in the first place. And whether it actually works or not, who knows. Clearly he thinks it does, and evidently if Ferguson did it, so did he.

The portrait thing I'm not really bothered about and I don't disagree with you. I wouldn't have it on the wall either (especially when a camera crew is coming round) and it does come across as a bit up himself, but then he's a football manager... he will be an arrogant, egotistical shit. It's a prerequisite for the job. And I daresay there will be many more who have their picture on the wall and would be more than happy for people to see it. And remember, it is aimed at an American audience, they will lap up all the pseudo-psychology and Cribs, football being a distant second.

Ayre on a Harley Davidson has been the oddest thing for me. I always expected him to drive a Smart car...

It will be a fine line between Brent and genius. I guess he'll be ridiculed and laughed at if he fails anyway, so he may as well go the whole hog and try and make himself into to Shankly II on the off chance he does well.

I'm not really a fan of the documentary, Liverpool fans (the non-RAWK ones) have been using it to be the mickey out of ourselves as well, my comfort is that Being Arsenal and Being Chelsea will be just around the corner...

McNamara That Ghost...
10-10-2012, 03:18 PM
There are a few instances where it it is a little bit sickening - mainly the parts bookended by "hlopes and dreeems" man but seeing the corporate structure laid bare I quite like as it's the one thing most of us as football supporters can't really get a handle on generally, we never see how things work when it comes to signing and or resigning a player.

Bless Allen for shitting himself waiting on his medical and also the corporates waiting for Swansea's fax. :lol:

Master Splinter
10-10-2012, 03:21 PM
my comfort is that Being Arsenal and Being Chelsea will be just around the corner...

Will I one day write a book about Arsenal?

We will see.

Will I partake in little bit ridiculous docusoap?

No. We must be humble.

But there is a small chance, yes.

McNamara That Ghost...
10-10-2012, 03:22 PM
Can the camera be on and off at the same time? It's possible.

Shaqiri Is Boss
10-10-2012, 03:29 PM
There are a few instances where it it is a little bit sickening - mainly the parts bookended by "hlopes and dreeems" man but seeing the corporate structure laid bare I quite like as it's the one thing most of us as football supporters can't really get a handle on generally, we never see how things work when it comes to signing and or resigning a player.

Bless Allen for shitting himself waiting on his medical and also the corporates waiting for Swansea's fax. :lol:
Dave Kirby, sitting in a pub?

All of the Liverpool is a religion and faith moving mountains crap. :sick:

McNamara That Ghost...
10-10-2012, 03:38 PM
That's the one. :lol:

Grebbo
10-10-2012, 03:41 PM

We will see.

No. We must be humble.

Grebbo
10-10-2012, 03:47 PM
I'm not really seeing how the envelope thing is egotistical. Odd, yes. But then rubbing horse placenta on players' legs is odd, and plenty of managers authorise that. All it is is planting the seed that he expects a high level of work and ability. And yes, the envelope will be empty/paper/blank. But when Ferguson did it it was still in the public knowledge, just through word of mouth. It wouldn't make any difference if you learn about it through the radio or TV if you know they did it in the first place. And whether it actually works or not, who knows. Clearly he thinks it does, and evidently if Ferguson did it, so did he.

The portrait thing I'm not really bothered about and I don't disagree with you. I wouldn't have it on the wall either (especially when a camera crew is coming round) and it does come across as a bit up himself, but then he's a football manager... he will be an arrogant, egotistical shit. It's a prerequisite for the job. And I daresay there will be many more who have their picture on the wall and would be more than happy for people to see it. And remember, it is aimed at an American audience, they will lap up all the pseudo-psychology and Cribs, football being a distant second.

Ayre on a Harley Davidson has been the oddest thing for me. I always expected him to drive a Smart car...

It will be a fine line between Brent and genius. I guess he'll be ridiculed and laughed at if he fails anyway, so he may as well go the whole hog and try and make himself into to Shankly II on the off chance he does well.

I'm not really a fan of the documentary, Liverpool fans (the non-RAWK ones) have been using it to be the mickey out of ourselves as well, my comfort is that Being Arsenal and Being Chelsea will be just around the corner...

Fair enough, I see your pov.

It's just making it public that makes me cringe. Giving that envelopes speech was cringeworthy enough but to have TV cameras next to you is just something else.

I guess, like you say, to be a manager you have to believe you're the best. You have to be self confident. You don't give a shit what people think about you. Good on Rodgers. I just know I'd have come out of that envelopes meeting thinking 'what a fucking bell end' and I'm sure some of the players did as well.

There will never be a 'Being Arsenal' showing Wenger talking to the players. Never.

:pray:

Syn
10-10-2012, 03:57 PM

We will see.

No. We must be humble.

You're much better than that twitter parody. You should just change your username to Arsene Wenger and talk like that constantly.

Dennis Bendtner
10-10-2012, 05:13 PM
Rodgers loves a buzzword and says 'okay' in an annoying way.

Shaqiri Is Boss
10-10-2012, 05:14 PM
Fair enough, I see your pov.

It's just making it public that makes me cringe. Giving that envelopes speech was cringeworthy enough but to have TV cameras next to you is just something else.

I guess, like you say, to be a manager you have to believe you're the best. You have to be self confident. You don't give a shit what people think about you. Good on Rodgers. I just know I'd have come out of that envelopes meeting thinking 'what a fucking bell end' and I'm sure some of the players did as well.

There will never be a 'Being Arsenal' showing Wenger talking to the players. Never.

:pray:
It hasn't been nearly as bad as I feared it would be... so far.

As for thinking of him as a bit of a bell, some probably will. But hopefully they'll see him as a bit of a bell who won't be afraid to tell them to sod off and will try as hard as they can so he doesn't say that to them. Some definitely need to.

I hope there are ones about other clubs, though I'd prefer it to be a little more football based than the reality tv stuff, but if it's aimed at US audiences that'll never happen. And nothing will ever reach the level of QPRs 4 Year Plan which really was cringeworthy.

Grebbo
10-10-2012, 08:03 PM
http://i.imgur.com/83Wau.png

V-Pig
11-10-2012, 02:16 AM
It's only a picture of himself ffs. Why does it matter if it's on his wall? People have photos of themselves. I know people who frame photos they've got from sketch artists on the street if they look good. It doesn't make them massive egos.

Xhaka Can’t
11-10-2012, 09:29 AM
I have a nude of myself in the hallway.

Shaqiri Is Boss
11-10-2012, 07:18 PM
Borini has broken his foot :lol:

We be screwed.

McNamara That Ghost...
11-10-2012, 08:16 PM
Time to stick Stevie Me up front.

Shaqiri Is Boss
11-10-2012, 08:35 PM
At least that way when he loses the ball he'll be further up the pitch.

McNamara That Ghost...
11-10-2012, 08:48 PM
Exactly. And closer to goal for his Hollywood strikes!

Shaqiri Is Boss
11-10-2012, 08:58 PM
Actually it might not be that bad an idea. I like the thought of Lucas (if he's alive), Allen and Sahin as a midfield.

McNamara That Ghost...
11-10-2012, 09:10 PM
I was seriously suggesting it. He can power in to the box to his heart content that way.

Olivier's xmas twist
11-10-2012, 10:00 PM
Borini has broken his foot :lol:

We be screwed.

Oh Shit.

Cripps_orig
11-10-2012, 10:04 PM
Hasnt Borini been a bit shit?

Has he scored yet?

Dont think hes scored in the league. What about all those Europa League games no one has watched?

Cripps_orig
11-10-2012, 10:05 PM
Time to stick Stevie Me up front.

Waddle will probably have him as a replacement for Carra

McNamara That Ghost...
11-10-2012, 10:51 PM
Waddle continues to astound me.

Shaqiri Is Boss
12-10-2012, 10:26 AM
I was seriously suggesting it. He can power in to the box to his heart content that way.
Actually it has been suggested long before Borini got crocked, this will strengthen that.

I'd like us to have some faith in Yesil though. Mainly because he's German.

McNamara That Ghost...
12-10-2012, 10:35 AM
Germans. :bow:

Shaqiri Is Boss
12-10-2012, 01:18 PM
http://duncanjenkins.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/such-little-thing-makes-such-big.html

:haha: Good lord. If that's true then we're an absolute shambles.

And if it's true, then :wave: Chang.

Duncan Jenkins is/was an ITK (or rather pretending to be, or someone who was pretending to be this character) religiously followed by some fans, especially on RAWK. Basically, LFCamden.

Kano
12-10-2012, 01:22 PM
just read that myself, posted somewhere else. absolutely nuts.

thing is, i doubt pool are the only club to operate like that when needed.

Shaqiri Is Boss
12-10-2012, 01:25 PM
It could all be complete crap, who knows.

Still, :popcorn:

Marc Overmars
12-10-2012, 01:30 PM
Summary needed tbf.

Kano
12-10-2012, 01:34 PM
read it, def worth it.

Shaqiri Is Boss
12-10-2012, 01:36 PM
Summary needed tbf.

Providing it's all true.

Duncan Jenkins posted "ITK" tweets about random transfers, just like AFCamden. Chang gets pissed at this, arranges to meet the person behind it, goes behind the club's back to find out personal information about him and preparing a dossier, threatening him with press smears and stuff about his father's business etc, saying he will give him a lifetime ban from the club and generally being mental, bombards his phone and makes thinly veiled threats about legal action and then quietly tries to sweep it all under the carpet. All apparently without the club's knowledge and all as our PR man.

Ollie the Optimist
12-10-2012, 04:25 PM
Providing it's all true.

Duncan Jenkins posted "ITK" tweets about random transfers, just like AFCamden. Chang gets pissed at this, arranges to meet the person behind it, goes behind the club's back to find out personal information about him and preparing a dossier, threatening him with press smears and stuff about his father's business etc, saying he will give him a lifetime ban from the club and generally being mental, bombards his phone and makes thinly veiled threats about legal action and then quietly tries to sweep it all under the carpet. All apparently without the club's knowledge and all as our PR man.

the worst thing is that he had to spend money out of his budget to stalk jenkins, money which was going to be used for childrens charity.

liverpool :pal:

Dennis Bendtner
12-10-2012, 04:33 PM
Someone should goad Gazidis with stories of Arsenal spending £80m. Not sure about threats, but you'd probably get a load of emails about self-sustaining models.

Grebbo
12-10-2012, 10:24 PM
That Chang guy sounds like a nutter. Pretty funny story.

AFCamden is genuine ITK whereas this scouser was just making shit up. I'm surprised the club is not curtailing AFCamden, the bugger's made about a grand this week selling signed Arsenal shirts as well. I'm sure the players didn't sign them for this 'insider' to flog them to the highest bidder.

Master Splinter
13-10-2012, 01:00 AM
Jamie Carragher given subtitles in Being: Liverpool documentary

The new documentary has been offering British and American viewers a behind-the-scenes insight into life at Anfield.

But those in the USA struggling with the Scouse accent are now being given a helping hand, with the producers adding subtitles when Liverpool-born Jamie Carragher speaks.

Producers feared the American audience would not understand the defender's thick accent - despite the likes of Spaniard Pepe Reina and Brazilian Lucas Leiva speaking without the added visual aid.

A spokesman for Channel 5, which broadcasts the show in the UK, said: 'The subtitles will be left in because we broadcast the show in the same format as in the US.'

The programme has been criticised by Liverpool legend Mark Lawrenson, who said other clubs 'must be having a right old laugh' at their expense.

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/oddballs/914846-jamie-carragher-given-subtitles-in-tv-documentary-being-liverpool#ixzz296QX9tTw

Carragher :haha: :haha:.

Scousers :haha:.

(Is SIB a Scouser?)

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
13-10-2012, 09:39 AM
AFCamden is genuine ITK whereas this scouser was just making shit up. I'm surprised the club is not curtailing AFCamden, the bugger's made about a grand this week selling signed Arsenal shirts as well. I'm sure the players didn't sign them for this 'insider' to flog them to the highest bidder.

its funny you say that because since thursday night afcamden has mysteriously disappeared.

Shaqiri Is Boss
13-10-2012, 11:16 AM
(Is SIB a Scouser?)
No.

I'm what they would call a woolyback.

GP
13-10-2012, 12:32 PM
:o You're not from Runcorn are you?

McNamara That Ghost...
15-10-2012, 09:58 AM
On Sunday Supplement they were talking about how Bale has to be careful otherwise he will get a reputation for himself. :haha:

Then they asked Matt Lawton about it and he curtly said: Well he's not Luis Suarez.

:rolleyes:

Xhaka Can’t
15-10-2012, 09:59 AM
Yeah, Suarez isn't an overrated bag of shit.

McNamara That Ghost...
15-10-2012, 10:00 AM
Well, there is that. And he doesn't peel bananas with his feet.

Shaqiri Is Boss
15-10-2012, 10:04 AM

The main difference, imo, is that Suarez is universally disliked. Ever since he denied the WHOLE OF AFRICA to the Evra debacle, his theatrics have been focused on and vilified more than any other player. And he's a dirty foreigner, that doesn't help.

Also, we're staying at Anfield. Woo.

And GP, no I'm not from Runcorn.

McNamara That Ghost...
15-10-2012, 10:06 AM
Staying at Anfield but what will happen to the houses near the stadium?

And it's true, the FF show on Thursday was taking about simulation and the only picture they had up in the background was of Suarez diving. He's the new Pires.

V-Pig
15-10-2012, 10:22 AM
Well, there is that. And he doesn't peel bananas with his feet.

Or throw his own faecal matter at younger members of the tribe.

Or embarrassingly start to masturbate when young children walk past his cage causing a 6-year-old girl to ask her dad what the monkey is doing with its willy.