PDA

View Full Version : The Liverpool Thread 2017/2018 featuring Jurgen Klopp

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9

Syn
15-10-2012, 10:45 AM
Also, we're staying at Anfield. Woo.

Well my Liverpool ITK totally fucked that up. I shall call him LFCcamden.

Shaqiri Is Boss
15-10-2012, 11:30 AM
Well my Liverpool ITK totally fucked that up. I shall call him LFCcamden.
:lol:

I think it was always our preferred option, especially with the new owners. It was always just getting round the right to light and residential issues, and the council. Now the council seem to be eager to get something done we can move forward. So I imagine most of the houses will be knocked down. We own a lot of them anyway and are in the process of buying more, those who are more difficult to oust will probably be given a CPO and told to piss off.

Very little has actually been said today though, it'll still be an age before anything happens.

LDG
15-10-2012, 11:37 AM

I think it was always our preferred option, especially with the new owners. It was always just getting round the right to light and residential issues, and the council. Now the council seem to be eager to get something done we can move forward. So I imagine most of the houses will be knocked down. We own a lot of them anyway and are in the process of buying more, those who are more difficult to oust will probably be given a CPO and told to piss off.

Very little has actually been said today though, it'll still be an age before anything happens.

They'll send that Chang geezer round everyone's houses, going "sell up, or we'll make life very very very VERY difficult for you. We may take away the wheels of your car, or something. You have been warned!".

Shaqiri Is Boss
15-10-2012, 11:48 AM
They'll send that Chang geezer round everyone's houses, going "sell up, or we'll make life very very very VERY difficult for you. We may take away the wheels of your car, or something. You have been warned!".
Ayre sitting outside on his Harley with a baseball bat. Werner and Henry in a blacked out Range Rover with their heavies, Jamie and Steve.

McNamara That Ghost...
15-10-2012, 11:54 AM
Local residents are the second names in those envelopes.

Kano
15-10-2012, 12:26 PM
Koscielny, 27, said: “Who is the forward I hate to face? Suarez.

“Last season I didn’t feel too well. It was a match at 12.30pm and I don’t like that schedule.

“He is tiresome to defend against. He cheats. He pulls your shirt, giving small blows.

“You always want to give him a kick but you have to be careful not to be sent off.

“For example in September against Liverpool, it was the case with Luis Suarez.

“He is a player who likes to dive as soon as there is contact.

“During a challenge we jostled a bit each other and he fell. He started to talk to me in English, to say it was a penalty.”
just stick him on the transfer list now and be done with it

Grebbo
15-10-2012, 12:54 PM
Koscielny should concentrate on re-discovering last seasons form. He's been shocking this season.

Kano
15-10-2012, 01:55 PM
well to be fair, he should pipe down. all the sniping at each other is part and parcel - the defenders do enough of it to the strikers. the diving part however I can see why it winds them up.

but anyway, it's about liverpool, so it's funny.

Shaqiri Is Boss
15-10-2012, 01:56 PM
It's a bit contradictory though seeing as he goes on to say the striker he admired most was Drogba. A player 100x worse than Suarez has ever been.

Kano
15-10-2012, 02:04 PM
most of it is contradictory really as I'm sure he pulls, pushes and digs at attackers all the time but its better to ignore all that and chuckle in the office at luis.

Marc Overmars
15-10-2012, 02:08 PM
Koscielny should shut his bitch mouth up.

Olivier's xmas twist
15-10-2012, 03:48 PM
just stick him on the transfer list now and be done with it

“You always want to give him a kick but you have to be careful not to be sent off.

:haha:

But yeah Kos :doh:

IBK
15-10-2012, 08:02 PM
It's a bit contradictory though seeing as he goes on to say the striker he admired most was Drogba. A player 100x worse than Suarez has ever been.

Nah. Drogba rescued it a bit in the later years.

GP
15-10-2012, 08:24 PM
Nah. Drogba rescued it a bit in the later years.

I didn't see that. He was a cynical shit till the end.

Xhaka Can’t
15-10-2012, 08:35 PM
Anyone who saw him in last year's CL will know he remained a cheating scumbag right until the end. The cheating was so obvious he should have been sent off for constant simulation.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
16-10-2012, 12:35 AM
was just an honest interview blown out of proportion by social media and the interconnected media outlets across the world.

im pretty sure the question would have been something like 'hey kos, so tell me, which striker gives you nightmares?' and he replied with 'suarez because he dives! you know sometimes i just want to kick him dude (insert laugh)' in a witty tone of voice

its probably been twisted and edited to conjure a bit of rivalry at a time when newspapers have very little to write about due to the international break.

Marc Overmars
19-10-2012, 02:33 PM
El Hadji Diouf has launched an astonishing attack on Steven Gerrard - claiming the Liverpool captain is selfish.

Diouf has burned his bridges at almost every club he's been at and the controversial striker can certainly forget about returning to Anfield.

Now at Leeds, the 31-year-old forward played for the Reds between 2002 and 2004.

Diouf told L'Equipe: 'Gerrard was jealous of me back then as I had the world at my feet. There's no one more selfish... he doesn't care about anyone else.

'Gerrard would rather Liverpool lost and he scored. The old Liverpool guys can't stand him. I won't even start with [Jamie] Carragher.'

During his Liverpool days Diouf was banned and fined for spitting at a Celtic fan during a UEFA Cup tie at Parkhead.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2220097/Steven-Gerrard-selfish-Liverpool-says-El-Hadji-Diouf.html#ixzz29kuDjydU
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

McNamara That Ghost...
19-10-2012, 05:00 PM
He's called Stevie Me for a reason. :whistle:

Also, the Liverpool documentary tonight covers the Citeh game so next week should include the game with us. :popcorn:

Marc Overmars
19-10-2012, 05:07 PM
When did they stop filming?

McNamara That Ghost...
19-10-2012, 05:18 PM
Around the time of our match I presume. Maybe up until the transfer window closing? We'll find out in the preview at the end of tonight's episode.

Shaqiri Is Boss
19-10-2012, 05:37 PM
I think they were still filming a couple of days after the window shut, but I don't know if they got upto and including the Arsenal match. Hopefully not.

It might just end with Carroll walking into a sunset...

McNamara That Ghost...
19-10-2012, 05:56 PM
We played you on September 2nd I think so you'd think we would make it on in that instance. :popcorn:

Carroll. :lol:

Never coming back.

GP
19-10-2012, 06:00 PM
Carroll :lol:

Money well spent

Kano
30-10-2012, 06:55 PM
oh liverpool :lol:

http://www.sportingintelligence.com/2012/10/30/exclusive-liverpool-give-blogger-written-apology-for-%E2%80%98inappropriate%E2%80%99-director-behaviour-301001/

Cripps_orig
31-10-2012, 12:15 AM
Everton defender Phil Jagielka, 30, has responded to criticism of the club's style of play by Steven Gerrard by saying "at least we don't pass it around for half an hour for the sake of it".
Full story: Daily Mirror

Does he think Gerrard plays for Arsenal? :unsure:

Jagielkas England career :rose:

Olivier's xmas twist
31-10-2012, 11:32 AM
Does he think Gerrard plays for Arsenal? :unsure:

Jagielkas England career :rose:

Did he say that.

Shaqiri Is Boss
31-10-2012, 11:40 AM
Gerrard has gone back on comparing Everton to Stoke.

The art of the WUM is to never be contrite. Poor Steve, poor.

Hopefully Luis will come out and lambast Neville for diving and ruining the game :popcorn:

Grebbo
31-10-2012, 02:45 PM
Suarez's diving celebration was great! That twat Neville should be hung out to dry like Suarez has been. Moyes must have been fuming.

I still find Rodgers very much like Brent. I just find him very annoying and smug, too smug for what he's achieved in the game.

Cripps_orig
03-11-2012, 01:10 AM
Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers has revealed his intention to add "two or three" new strikers to his first-team squad during the January transfer window.

The Reds currently have just two recognised strikers in the first team in Luis Suarez and Fabio Borini, with the latter currently sidelined until the middle of January with an ankle injury.

Rodgers did, however, emphasise that this season was always going to be tough for his side and that the days of big-spending under his predecessor Kenny Dalglish were over.

"I feel January is a window to freshen up the squad with a number of names," Rodgers told reporters.

"I don't want to say a particular number but, at the top end of the field, we need that help and support. That might take two or three players to do that. Luis SuArez is my only striker. Samed Yesil behind him is only 18. That is what we have. That is part of the pain and the building process here.

"This season was always going to be one of transition but that doesn't stop us being motivated to fight on. You have to be realistic.

“Look at the money being spent at the top of the table, £80 million, and teams that are trying to get into the top four like Tottenham are spending over £50m. It is a big task we have but a task we have to embrace."

Andy Carroll, the only other striker in the squad, was allowed to join West Ham on loan but can be recalled in the New Year but Rodgers has insisted that he is not thinking about recalling the striker.

“That is not something I have considered at this moment," he said. "Andy said he wants to play and I haven't thought that will change so much if he comes back. It is something that is always up for consideration."

Rodgers believes that Liverpool’s inability to offer Champions League football will not deter potential additions, instead insisting the history and stature of the club will convince them to join.

He added: "This football club and its history will always attract players. Look at Nuri Sahin as an example.

“He could have gone to a number of Champions League clubs and was on his way to a Champions League club [Arsenal] until the interest from ourselves arrived.

“The great support, the history of the club, drew him here. This is a club that will always draw top people and top players but we want to get it back to the top echelons of the game, which will make it much easier."

He does realise how much Liverpool have spent over the years doesnt he?

Bendtner is available for £35m

Shaqiri Is Boss
03-11-2012, 12:03 PM
Some of the money we have squandered over the last few years has been truly horrifying.

But the owners have reigned it in after the money pissed down the drain last summer, and especially now the stadium problem seems to be moving along. Unfortunate for Rodgers, but that's life.

Grebbo
03-11-2012, 10:03 PM
When did Spurs last spend £50m? Their net spend has been peanuts for a few years now.

Liverpool dodged a bullet on Dempsey by the looks of things. Spurs fans fucking hate him.

Olivier's xmas twist
04-11-2012, 12:47 AM
When did Spurs last spend £50m? Their net spend has been peanuts for a few years now.

Liverpool dodged a bullet on Dempsey by the looks of things. Spurs fans fucking hate him.

:gp:

Kano
05-11-2012, 11:10 AM
http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/sprinkler-liverpool.gif

LDG
05-11-2012, 11:17 AM

Shaqiri Is Boss
05-11-2012, 01:47 PM
http://store.liverpoolfc.tv/Assets/Liverpool/Client/products/A/0/8/A086_z.jpg

I am definitely getting me one of these. And for the bargain price of £40!

Gervinho's Forehead
05-11-2012, 01:53 PM
:sick:

LDG
05-11-2012, 01:57 PM
http://store.liverpoolfc.tv/Assets/Liverpool/Client/products/A/0/8/A086_z.jpg

I am definitely getting me one of these. And for the bargain price of £40!

Dear Lord! :o

That is horrific!

GP
05-11-2012, 02:11 PM
Is that official merch?

GP
05-11-2012, 02:12 PM
Fuck, it is :haha:

Olivier's xmas twist
05-11-2012, 02:13 PM

Marc Overmars
05-11-2012, 02:35 PM
Fuck, that is nasty!

Olivier's xmas twist
07-11-2012, 11:52 AM
Liverpool are closing in on Schalke striker Klaas-Jan Huntelaar as boss Brendan Rodgers seeks to bolster his attacking options.

Spurs are also tracking the 29-year-old, who scored in the 2-2 draw against Arsenal in the Champions League.

Liverpool are keen to push through a £9million deal after the 29-year-old postponed talks on a new contract with the German side.

Huntelaar will be free to sign a pre-contract agreement with another club in January, as his current deal is due to expire at the end of the season

The Reds are currently struggling to cope with Luis Suarez as their only fit striker.

Spurs VS Pool again :popcorn:

Who will get one over on who.
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2229132/Liverpool-Spurs-red-alert-Dutch-hot-shot-Huntelaar.html#ixzz2BXKAhDtD

Marc Overmars
07-11-2012, 12:14 PM
Suarez to score the wonder goals and Huntelaar to get the sitters. Could be awesome for Liverpool.

Shaqiri Is Boss
07-11-2012, 02:27 PM
We still have that PL investigation over "tapping up" Dempsey.

Which will probably be found to be true and the ban will start on December 31...

dazthegooner
07-11-2012, 04:21 PM
We still have that PL investigation over "tapping up" Dempsey.

Which will probably be found to be true and the ban will start on December 31...

That will probably be the case especially after consultation with Fergie!

Olivier's xmas twist
10-11-2012, 12:26 AM
Alan Pardew wants to bring Andy Carroll back to Newcastle when his West Ham loan expires.

Carroll, 23, is on loan with the Hammers - who visit St James' Park on Sunday - until the end of the season.

But Magpies manager Pardew is keen to re-sign him having sold the striker to Liverpool for £35m in January 2011.

"He's a Liverpool player and not wanted so at some point he's going to move permanently," said Pardew. "I'd like to think we'll be in the mix for that."

England striker Carroll scored 31 goals in 80 league appearances for Newcastle before moving to Anfield.

He returns to St James' Park along with former Magpies team-mate Kevin Nolan. And Pardew told BBC Sport he would also re-sign midfielder Nolan, who joined West Ham from Newcastle in June 2011, if he could afford to.

Former West Ham boss Pardew said: "Big Andy hopefully one day will want to come back and certainly I'd like to have them both in my squad now because we would be stronger for it.

"But obviously finances restrict me from doing that."

Pardew believes Newcastle owe Carroll a "great debt" for generating £35m for the club when he joined Liverpool.

The Newcastle manager says the cash enabled the Magpies to finish fifth last season and qualify for the Europa League.

"The fee was astronomical, we have used it well," he added.

Newcastle have signed Papiss Cisse from Freiburg for £9m, Yohan Cabaye from Lille for £4.8m and Demba Ba from West Ham on a free since Carroll left the north east almost two years ago.

"The position we are in, if I'm honest, is because we used the money from Andy's sale well," said Pardew.

"He was a brilliant player for us and we owe a great debt to him."

Meanwhile, West Ham manager Sam Allardyce says he has moved on from his turbulent time as Newcastle boss as he prepares to return with the Hammers on Sunday.

Allardyce was sacked by Newcastle almost five years ago.

"There has been a lot of water under the bridge since then," said Allardyce.

"Life moves on, I don't live in the past. I can only look to the future as best I can." http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20271855

:popcorn:

Gervinho's Forehead
10-11-2012, 01:02 AM
The £35,000,000 flop, the circle of life.

£35,000,000 :lol:

:ilt:

Olivier's xmas twist
14-11-2012, 04:55 PM
Steven Gerrard has politely declined Zlatan Ibrahimovic's advice that the Liverpool midfielder should seek a move to "a big international club".

Gerrard has spent his entire career at Anfield in stark contrast to Ibrahimovic, who has enjoyed spells with Ajax, Juventus, Inter, Barcelona, AC Milan and is now at Paris St Germain.

The Swedish striker admitted he was a huge admirer of Gerrard but felt that he would benefit as a player by playing his trade on the continent.

He said: "Although of course Liverpool is a big club, I would like to see Steven at a big international club."For me, a fantastic player can make the difference in every country wherever he plays. I'm pretty sure Steven would do that also."

But Gerrard insists there are few bigger clubs than Liverpool and has no intention of leaving Anfield, where he has racked up more than 600 appearances over more than a decade of service.

"I'm a big fan of Zlatan as a player but I'm not going to take his advice," said the 32-year-old.

"I am very happy at Liverpool and in my opinion I am at one of the biggest clubs in the world, a team that has won the European Cup five times. So I'm happy where I am, but thanks for his opinion."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11669/8247856/Steven-Gerrard-says-he-has-no-intention-of-leaving-Liverpool-despite-the-advice-of-Zlatan-Ibrahimovic

Stevie Me :bow:

GP
14-11-2012, 04:57 PM
Well, he's right of course.

If more English players were willing to step outside their comfort zones our national team might not be quite so shit.

Olivier's xmas twist
14-11-2012, 05:02 PM
True.

Shaqiri Is Boss
14-11-2012, 06:18 PM
To be fair to Zlatan everything (I say everything, the BBC gossip column) have twisted what he said to sound malicious and spiteful, and GP has a point about English players going abroad.

A bit late for Gerrard though...

Olivier's xmas twist
15-11-2012, 01:35 PM
Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers has dismissed speculation Luis Suarez could sign for Manchester City in a £50m January deal.

A number of national newspapers had reported that City boss Roberto Mancini was considering trying to take the Uruguay international to the Etihad Stadium, but Rodgers insisted he wants to keep Suarez at Liverpool.

"You will have to ask Roberto Mancini about that. There will be no bidding war, he's staying here," Rodgers told Sky Sports News when asked about the reports of a possible transfer."If we lose Luis then we have no strikers, so we can't afford to lose anyone.

"He is certainly not someone we want to sell or move on. He has been a brilliant player to work with and we want to add to our squad, not take people out of it, especially a world-class player.

"Luis has already showed in the summer his commitment to the club by signing a new deal, he is scoring goals and working well.

"I'll just continue to communicate with all the players and Luis in particular. Like I say, he's very happy here."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11669/8249709/Luis-Suarez-not-leaving-Anfield-says-Liverpool-boss-Brendan-Rodgers

Rodgers :bow:

Marc Overmars
15-11-2012, 01:42 PM
I get the feeling Suarez will be at Liverpool for a long time, he seems to love it there and I suppose he owes it to them after all the backing he's recieved.

Shaqiri Is Boss
15-11-2012, 02:17 PM
I'd like to think so...

He does owe the club a lot. It would be nice to see a bit of that loyalty that apparently exists. He should be playing at a higher level and with better players around him though, I just hope we can do that. And hopefully that will start in January with the double signing of Huntelaar and Walcott on January 1st.

dazthegooner
15-11-2012, 03:16 PM
Yes he does owe Liverpool alot but then again Van-Persie owed us and look what happend.

Shaqiri Is Boss
16-11-2012, 02:30 PM
A lot of similarities between Suarez and Van Persie.... just one letter difference. :ninja:

And it seems Chang has been sacked :lol:

LDG
16-11-2012, 02:34 PM
And it seems Chang has been sacked :lol:

I wonder whether they did it at a cafe, and threatened his family....

Shaqiri Is Boss
16-11-2012, 02:36 PM
I wonder whether they did it at a cafe, and threatened his family....
Nah.

Poo in the post.

Olivier's xmas twist
20-11-2012, 12:07 AM
Liverpool have opened negotiations with Chelsea over a possible switch for Daniel Sturridge.

The Reds' co-owners John Henry and Tom Werner are ready to back manager Brendan Rodgers in the January transfer window, and have already made overtures to the top brass at Stamford Bridge.

They have registered an interest in the £15million-rated England striker, and hope to move swiftly when the winter window opens at the turn of the year.

Rodgers will push hard to conclude any talks swiftly enough for him to get his man in the first week of January, as he wants to avoid a repeat of the problems endured in the summer.

The Liverpool boss was left in the lurch at the end of August when he allowed Andy Carroll to leave for West Ham on a season-long loan but was then denied the money to buy Fulham's Clint Dempsey, who was sold to Spurs instead, as a replacement.

Rodgers has since made clear he wants to bring in two or three players in January, with a striker his biggest priority.

Sturridge tops his list, after failing to agree a loan deal to Anfield in the summer.

Chelsea want to sell because the young forward's contract is ticking down and he would be able to engineer a move on a free transfer this time next year.

They are also looking to raise funds to help finance a widely anticipated January move for Atletico Madrid striker Radamel Falcao.

Sturridge wants to leave the Bridge after being pushed down the pecking order by Fernando Torres - he has refused any talks over a new deal in his determination to go.

Liverpool have also made discreet enquiries about taking Jeffren, a former Barcelona striker who now plays with Sporting Lisbon, on loan.

Like Sturridge, the 24-year-old can operate as a wide man in a three-pronged forward line - Rodgers' favoured line-up.

The Reds' boss wants at least two reinforcements in those positions in January - after losing Fabio Borini to a broken foot injury, he's been using full-back Jose Enrique as an emergency front-man.

Jeffren has fallen out of favour in Portugal, and has been told he can leave on loan if the offer suits his club.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-transfer-gossip-daniel-sturridge-1445734

GP
20-11-2012, 12:10 AM

Olivier's xmas twist
20-11-2012, 12:11 AM
Can see this happening tbh.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
20-11-2012, 12:21 AM
city, chelsea and liverpool by the age of 24.

some list.

he needs game time tbf. he'll get that at liverpool.

GP
20-11-2012, 12:27 AM
He needs to be less shit.

Kano
20-11-2012, 08:39 AM
he needs to be less of a selfish, lazy **** and then he might realise some of the talent he has.

but he won't and he'll go to liverpool, think he's billy big bollocks and fuck them over even more.

let's hope this happens.

Marc Overmars
20-11-2012, 10:23 AM
Sturridge is proper shit.

He's Chelsea's Bendtner.

LDG
20-11-2012, 10:50 AM
Sturridge is proper shit.

He's Chelsea's Bendtner.

I'm sure Nick thinks he's Chelsea's Bendtner too.

Shaqiri Is Boss
20-11-2012, 11:59 AM
Thankfully I hear we're actually in for Dean Sturridge.

And the Northern Echo is reporting Middlesbrough are interested in taking Downing on loan. And so endeth one of the biggest clusterfucks in transfer history.

Niall_Quinn
20-11-2012, 12:49 PM
Sturridge is the worst excuse for a striker I have seen since Welbeck last played. I'd include Chamakh in this hall of shame but we don't even pretend about him any more.

Olivier's xmas twist
26-11-2012, 10:10 PM
Brendan Rodgers says Liverpool do not plan to spend big money in the January transfer window.

Rodgers' men are currently on a run of eight games unbeaten and sit 11th in the Premier League table following their goalless draw at Swansea on Saturday.

But the former Swans boss, while admitting Reds top scorer Luis Suarez needs support, believes no significant changes will be made until next summer.

"If we can get in the quality in the final third we need to support what we have, then there will be enough to keep the team moving forward," said Rodgers.

"But I am not so sure that will happen in January. This year the club wanted to balance the books and see where we are at.

"There has been big investment in the club and lots of players went out and a few came in during the summer, so we will look to do some business.

"But it is a thing which is evolving more slowly. The team is coming together and I can see improvement all the time."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11669/8284829/Brendan-Rodgers-Liverpool-have-no-plans-to-spend-big-money-in-January-transfer-window

Kano
26-11-2012, 10:14 PM
kenny could've at least done the decent thing for brendan when he left

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/8688470.stm

Shaqiri Is Boss
26-11-2012, 10:19 PM
But I am not so sure that will happen in January.
:arry: Down the road, not across the street... down the road, not across the street... down the road, not across the street.

Theo and Huntelaar will do in January, I'm not fussy. That Holtby as well.

Sell Cole and Downing and we're set.

Olivier's xmas twist
26-11-2012, 10:21 PM
"But I am not so sure that will happen in January. This year the club wanted to balance the books and see where we are at.

Least he is honest and at least pool fans know the score.

Olivier's xmas twist
26-11-2012, 10:22 PM
:arry: Down the road, not across the street... down the road, not across the street... down the road, not across the street.

Theo and Huntelaar will do in January, I'm not fussy. That Holtby as well.

Sell Cole and Downing and we're set.

Huntelaar is only £6 mill that's a decent price for you guys to pay tbh.

Olivier's xmas twist
27-11-2012, 12:17 AM
Darren Bent is reportedly closing in on a January loan to Liverpool after being axed by Aston Villa boss Paul Lambert for the home draw with Arsenal.

The striker, 28, was available after missing three games with an ankle problem but Lambert instead preferred rookie Jordan Bowery as his back-up forward for Saturday’s 0-0 stalemate with the Gunners.

Now Liverpool, who are in desperate need of extra firepower, are believed to already be in negotiations with Villa over taking Bent on loan until the end of the season with a view to making the move permanent in the summer.

A temporary signing would be the ideal solution to Liverpool’s striker problems, as Brendan Rodgers admitted after his side’s 0-0 draw with Swansea that funds may not be available to bring in a permanent recruit.

‘If we can get in the quality in the final third we need to support what we have, then there will be enough to keep the team moving forward,’ said Rodgers.

‘But I am not so sure that will happen in January. This year the club wanted to balance the books and see where we are at.

‘There has been big investment in the club and lots of players went out and a few came in during the summer, so we will look to do some business.’

Whether Villa would settle on a loan deal for a player who cost them £22million just two seasons ago remains to be seen, and boss Lambert insists there’s no rift with the England striker.

'Darren is fine. There's nothing at all. The most important thing is Aston Villa Football Club,' said the Scot.

Read more: http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/919019-darren-bent-closes-on-liverpool-loan-as-brendan-rodgers-reveals-lack-of-funds#ixzz2DNSxPz8F

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
27-11-2012, 12:22 AM
can see that happening. he'd probably score a ton of goals there. will form a lethal partnership with overbite.

Xhaka Can’t
28-11-2012, 10:58 PM
RODGERS: "We had 65% possession tonight. To me, that's more important than goals."

Shaqiri Is Boss
28-11-2012, 11:00 PM

Please tell me that's made up.

Please.

Marc Overmars
28-11-2012, 11:01 PM
Oh dear.

Liverpool have Wenget's son. :pal:

Olivier's xmas twist
28-11-2012, 11:04 PM

Stats :bow:

Top 4 trophies. :bow:

Think Wenger just came tbh.

Xhaka Can’t
28-11-2012, 11:05 PM
Please tell me that's made up.

Please.

Got it from a Calgary Flames forum - have asked for the source.

Shaqiri Is Boss
28-11-2012, 11:06 PM
Got it from a Calgary Flames forum - have asked for the source.

Googling it took me there and there was a Tranmere fan.

They get everywhere.

Olivier's xmas twist
28-11-2012, 11:07 PM
Liverpool are hopeful the managerial chaos at Chelsea will not impact on their efforts to sign Daniel Sturridge in January. Sturridge, currently injured and out of the Chelsea side, is Brendan Rodgers’ prime target and it is understood the England striker is anxious to move to Anfield.

The appointment of Rafa Benítez could complicate matters if he intends to utilise Sturridge more than his predecessor Roberto Di Matteo, although with talks already having taken place at executive level it may be too late for the new manager to influence the decision.

“You never know when new managers go into clubs, but we will see what happens over the course of the market for us,” said Rodgers.

“Hopefully we can get a few in. Obviously Ian Ayre has been dealing with transfer stuff in the background and doing a great job along with the recruitment team.”

Rodgers still hasn’t given up hope of signing Arsenal’s Theo Walcott in January, and he has also been extensively scouting Blackpool’s former Liverpool reserve Thomas Ince, who only left Anfield a year ago.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/9706933/Rodgers-hopes-move-for-Sturridge-will-not-be-affected-by-changes-at-Chelsea.html#

Im sure your former manager will help you out this time.

Shaqiri Is Boss
28-11-2012, 11:09 PM
I would really appreciate it if he didn't.

I'd love it, love it if he didn't help us in any way.

And thankfully that quote is indeed made up.

Olivier's xmas twist
03-12-2012, 11:03 PM
Daniel Sturridge is demanding a staggering £80,000 a week to move to Liverpool in January.

The Reds have already asked Chelsea about their reserve striker’s availability, and look set to follow up their interest, which dates back to the summer, in the winter transfer window.

There is a feeling at Anfield, however, that Sturridge has done little in the last 12 months to justify such big wages since his fine start to last season.

Back then, he scored 10 goals playing wide in an attacking three under Andre Villas-Boas.

But since last December, he has scored just five times for the European Champions.

The 23-year-old’s camp also insist he MUST play through the middle if he were to move to Liverpool next month.

Liverpool are keen not to repeat the financial mistakes of past windows after big signings Andy Carroll, Jordan Henderson and Stewart Downing struggled to make any sort of impact

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-and-chelsea-transfer-gossip-daniel-1471535

If he think he is demanding that, then he needs to stay on the bench tbh.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
06-12-2012, 11:04 PM
another win

when do we start worrying about liverpool?

a decent transfer window and they'll be on the rise. already starting to pick up results.

if they give him 20 years he'll turn them into the next man united. lets see if he gets 20 months first.

Shaqiri Is Boss
06-12-2012, 11:28 PM
Depends on 3 things happening.

If everyone else continues to stutter and the likes of West Brom start to fall away.

If Lucas stays fit for any considerable length of time, which would allow Gerrard, Allen, Shelvey (well actually probably not him, he just bounds forward whatever) and Sahin to go further forward and have less of an eye on defending/do what they do now but 10/15 yards further forward. For all of the talk of Stevie Me, he has undoubtedly been asked to hold back this season. Although I'm still amazed as to why Assaidi isn't getting more games.

And most importantly; who we get in January, presuming we actually do get someone this time. If we can get a top, top, top, top quality forward then there's no reason we can't look at getting 5th/6th. Or even 4th, so long as we never ever ever admit it in public. I want my own FL week. And Feo week. And Huntelaar week. And Holtby week. Just get all of them!

But I think it depends on all 3 things happening, otherwise we'll be comfortably mid table. But then the way you're going you might too.... nah you'll finish 4th.

Olivier's xmas twist
09-12-2012, 03:53 PM
NURI SAHIN reckons Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers is playing him in the wrong position.

The Turkish international joined the Reds on loan during the summer from Real Madrid.

They snapped him up after seeing the 24-year-old dominate the midfield from a holding role for Borussia Dortmund.

But when Sahin turned up at Liverpool, he found himself shunted into playing behind Luis Suarez.

Sahin insisted: “I’ve played my whole career deeper but I have played as a No 10 here. It was new for me but I tried my best.

“If I could choose a position it would be holding as I feel more comfortable there.”

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4688160/Nuri-Sahin-Brendan-Rodgers-has-got-it-wrong.html#ixzz2EZQtDK5v

Marc Overmars
09-12-2012, 03:55 PM
Sahin. :lol:

I remember him.

Shaqiri Is Boss
09-12-2012, 04:03 PM
I have played as a No 10 here

He has?

He plays further forward than the other but I'd hardly call it a #10.

He's been pretty poor in the last few games he's played though, it has to be said.

Olivier's xmas twist
09-12-2012, 06:13 PM
Sahin needs to stfu tbh.

Olivier's xmas twist
14-12-2012, 12:01 AM
Barcelona have scuppered Liverpool's hopes of signing Spanish starlet Cristian Tello by handing him a new deal - but the Reds will be encouraged by his £8m buyout clause.

The Anfield side had been chasing Tello, 21, for the last few months but he will now continue his career in Catalonia.

The winger's new deal ties him to the Nou Camp club until 2016.

Liverpool may be encouraged by Tello's new buyout clause though - it is set at £8m.

Arsenal have also monitored the 21-year-old in the past.

Read more: http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/121213/door-still-

Cripps_orig
15-12-2012, 02:29 PM
Rodgers aiming for 2nd this season :lol:

Gervinho's Forehead
15-12-2012, 02:46 PM

Olivier's xmas twist
15-12-2012, 02:48 PM

Ambition :bow: nout wrong with it.

Olivier's xmas twist
15-12-2012, 02:53 PM
Former Liverpool director of football Damien Comolli has defended Kenny Dalglish’s transfer record at the club despite the fact that many of his signings are no longer part of Brendan Rodgers' plans.

In his time at the club Comolli oversaw an estimated £110million spending spree as Liverpool aggressively pursued Champions League football.

And since the Frenchman departed Anfield, Dalglish has also left, while his high profile signigs Carroll has been loaned to West Ham, Charlie Adam and Craig Bellamy have departed, Stewart Downing will leave if a buyer can be found in January, and Jose Enrique, Jordan Henderson and Sebastian Coates have had doubts raised against them
That leaves Luis Suarez – an £18m signing from Ajax – as the only player who still plays a key role at the club.

Goals have been one of the main problems for Liverpool over the last few seasons and while he does not confirm names, the likes of Demba Ba, Olivier Giroud and Shinji Kagawa all were linked with moves to Anfield but all eventually moved elsewhere.

But Comolli defends his record at the club, speaking to the Daily Express, he said: ‘We did 26 deals and to think we wouldn’t make any mistakes in such a huge number of deals in and out would be totally unrealistic.

‘I do not think we made any mistakes on the players going out and whether we made mistakes on the players who came in, time will tell. I am very uncomfortable for players to be judged after six, eight or even 12 months. Sometimes it takes two or three years.

‘In two or three years you can say, ‘Damien and Kenny, you were wrong’. Or you can say, ‘They just needed time’.’

The £35m move for Carroll is one of the moves that has attracted the most criticism, but again, Comolli is quick to defend the actions of the club.

He added: ‘If you want to talk about the Carroll deal, the situation was quite clear.

‘The way we looked at it, we were selling two players – Fernando Torres and Ryan Babel – and we were bringing two in – Suarez and Carroll – and we were making a profit and the wage bill was coming down considerably as well. It was a four-player deal.

'Chelsea kept bidding higher and higher for Torres. The difference between their first and final bid is double.

'They [FSG] asked me what the risks were and I said if things don’t go well you’ll lose something on Andy, but it is difficult to measure whether you will make money if things go well because Liverpool aren’t a selling club and he could be here for the next 10 years.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2247959/Damien-Comolli-defends-Kenny-Dalglishs-transfer-record-Liverpool.html#ixzz2F8HEpA63
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Cripps_orig
15-12-2012, 02:55 PM
They were after Giroud?

FFS they got one over on us

Gervinho's Forehead
15-12-2012, 04:11 PM
They were after Giroud?

FFS they got one over on us

:gp:

Arsenal :doh:

Cripps_orig
18-12-2012, 04:11 PM
http://www.goal.com/en/news/article?contentId=3611758 :doh: ridiculous fine

Shaqiri Is Boss
18-12-2012, 06:26 PM

That's pathetic.

They really need to find themselves something better to do.

Olivier's xmas twist
19-12-2012, 12:05 PM
The paper says that the two clubs have agreed a fee of £12 million for the 23-year-old, and the deal is at such an advanced stage that Sturridge was due to travel to Merseyside today for a medical but that has been postponed due to a small hitch with the player's representatives.

Sturridge has long been linked with Liverpool but it now sees that everything is in place for him to go straight into the squad when the transfer window opens.

The Times says it is a similar story with their other target Thomas Ince from Blackpool who will join for £6m just 18 months after Blackpool bought him off the Reds for £250,000.

In a nice twist for Liverpool though, they put in a 35 per cent sell-on clause when they sold Ince, which means that the transfer fee will actually only cost them £4m.

Ince has agreed a contract work £25,000 a week and has also rejected counter offers from Newcastle and Tottenham.

It seems like he is already spending his new wage, with pictures in the Daily Mail of him with a brand new Porsche.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/premier-league-paper-round-sturridge-agrees-60k-week-075112421.html

Shaqiri Is Boss
19-12-2012, 12:10 PM
Well the story looks to be gaining traction.

Ince I'm not too bothered about as he's relatively cheap. Can't help thinking we're only going after him because we let him go though.

But Sturridge? Massive meh.

And the original Hillsborough verdicts of accidental death have been quashed, which is good news.

Olivier's xmas twist
19-12-2012, 12:40 PM
Well the story looks to be gaining traction.

Ince I'm not too bothered about as he's relatively cheap. Can't help thinking we're only going after him because we let him go though.

But Sturridge? Massive meh.

And the original Hillsborough verdicts of accidental death have been quashed, which is good news.

Silly to let him go for cheap, only to buy him back for £6 mill.

As for Sturridge, bit much to pay for him, when you could get Hunteelar for less and he's much better.

Cripps_orig
19-12-2012, 01:01 PM
Never seen or heard of this Ince dude. Actually did he play in the Youth Cup final a few years back v Arsenal? I was at that game so watched him then if he played. As for Sturridge, another shit British dude liverpool are paying well over the odds for. King Kennys spirit lives on

Shaqiri Is Boss
19-12-2012, 01:07 PM
Silly to let him go for cheap, only to buy him back for £6 mill.

As for Sturridge, bit much to pay for him, when you could get Hunteelar for less and he's much better.
Maybe, but he will have wanted first team football which we wouldn't have given him so I guess it works both ways. And if we have a sell on clause it will bring the fee down further. And even if he doesn't do well, we could probably sell him for about the same amount anyway.

Completely different players, and he may not even want to come. But I stick with my original sentiment. Meh.

Kano
19-12-2012, 02:22 PM
i hope sturridge suffers the worst humiliation ever seen during a football career before he finds himself trialling for Burton FC.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mcsapvDjZX1rs8yndo1_500.gif

fucking prick

GP
19-12-2012, 03:05 PM
He thinks he's Drogba, well, I've got news for you Walter Cronkite... you aren't

Olivier's xmas twist
19-12-2012, 03:29 PM
Never seen or heard of this Ince dude. Actually did he play in the Youth Cup final a few years back v Arsenal? I was at that game so watched him then if he played. As for Sturridge, another shit British dude liverpool are paying well over the odds for. King Kennys spirit lives on

Paul Ince's son.

Master Splinter
20-12-2012, 04:41 AM
Sturridge :lol:.

He is awlful.

With Sturridge and Ince, it might be hard for Theo to get a game now.

Olivier's xmas twist
21-12-2012, 06:19 PM
The teenager has become a first-team regular since Brendan Rodgers took over in the summer and earned a first England cap against Sweden in November.

"It's every 18-year-old's dream," Sterling, who joined Anfield's academy from QPR in February 2010, told Liverpool's official website. "I'm just really grateful to be at such a big club like this."There's a lot more to be done. I haven't begun yet, as the manager has said. Hopefully I can kick on after the New Year and try to do my best for the team and the football club."

Managing director Ian Ayre said: "This is another positive step forward for the football club in securing the long-term future of one of the country's brightest young talents.

"Since the summer, Luis Suarez, Daniel Agger, Martin Skrtel, Jonjo Shelvey and Suso have all signed new long-term contracts and it's a clear indication of our intent to keep the players we believe are crucial to bringing success on the pitch.

"It also shows the belief the players have in the vision and leadership of Brendan Rodgers and everyone at this football club."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/8349196/Liverpool-tie-teenage-winger-Raheem-Sterling-down-to-new-long-term-deal

Olivier's xmas twist
23-12-2012, 12:30 AM
Chelsea striker Daniel Sturridge is due to have a medical at Liverpool on Sunday ahead of a £12m transfer.

Liverpool have agreed a deal with Chelsea for the 23-year-old England international and a £60,000 per week contract with the player.

However, any transfer is unlikely to be confirmed until the opening of the January transfer window.

The former Manchester City striker has made seven league appearances for Chelsea this season, scoring one goal.

His last league appearance for the Blues was in the 2-1 defeat by West Bromwich Albion on 17 November.

Sturridge has not featured since Rafael Benitez arrived at Stamford Bridge, due to a hamstring injury.

Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers is an admirer of Sturridge and tried to sign him on loan in August, but the Chelsea frontman wanted a permanent move.

Rodgers is keen to add to his striking options after letting Andy Carroll join West Ham on loan in August and then missing out on former Fulham striker Clint Dempsey on deadline day. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20828488

Olivier's xmas twist
23-12-2012, 10:24 PM
Chelsea striker Daniel Sturridge has undergone a medical at Liverpool on Sunday.

The 23-year-old England frontman has been heavily linked with a move to Merseyside after slipping down the pecking order at Stamford Bridge.

Liverpool are desperate to bolster their forward line, with Luis Suarez their only fit out-and-out striker and boss Brendan Rodgers has been keeping tabs on Sturridge since the summer.

The Reds have not yet made any comment on the proposed deal but it has been reported that a fee of around £12m will be paid by the Anfield club.

Liverpool cannot officially register any new signing until 2 January when the transfer window opens.

Sturridge has made 14 appearances for Chelsea this season, but only half of those have been in the Premier League, scoring twice - one in the league and one in the Capital One Cup.

He has also broken into the England squad, coming on as a substitute in the recent 4-2 friendly defeat in Sweden, and played for Great Britain at the Olympics.

Chelsea manager Rafael Benitez does not believe the deal has yet gone through though, but admitted it was only a matter of time.

"I cannot confirm but I think so (it will go through)," he said. "There is still no news if we know more I'll let you know."
http://www1.skysports.com/football/n...e-from-Chelsea

Cripps_orig
24-12-2012, 01:59 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-20827695

X Factor :lol:

Cripps_orig
26-12-2012, 11:38 PM
Liverpool could be set to bid for Wigan striker Franco Di Santo, 23, in the January transfer window. Reds manager Brendan Rodgers worked with the Argentine at Chelsea.
Full story: Daily Mirror

I really hope this happens :pray:

Boss
27-12-2012, 10:10 AM
Rodgers :haha: :haha:

Fast becoming the laughing stock of all past Liverpool managers.

Shaqiri Is Boss
02-01-2013, 03:06 PM
Sturridge officially signed.

I just can't get overly excited about that one. Still, better than nothing

I guess Sturridge Is Boss...

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
02-01-2013, 03:09 PM
sturridge signs.

so ba going for £7m but liverpool decide sturridge is worth £12m.

begs the question, why not go for ba? probably wont get him but at least give it a try?

that was the type of signing they made in that spell they were quality a few years back. bought in top quality, proven players and they were unstoppable.

ever since then their signings have been awful. spunked on garbage and their form has been, well, garbage.

Shaqiri Is Boss
02-01-2013, 03:14 PM
Maybe we did and he knocked us back what with Chelsea's interest, or he was asking too much in wages or his agents (and their inevitable fees). Not really too bothered about "missing out" on Ba, and Sturridge should have more resale value should it go tits up, since he's young and English = £10m+.

Maybe we were just terrified of getting another Newcastle striker....

Even rumours now over a bidding war for Cole with West Ham and QPR. :pray:

Gervinho's Forehead
02-01-2013, 03:45 PM
hoofpool :haha:

rodgers :haha:

I'm still waiting for the bids from geronmio and giroud. :pray:

Shaqiri Is Boss
03-01-2013, 06:49 PM
It seems we're actually paying Cole £3m to go away, and not even getting a transfer fee. :haha:

Negotiation is overrated.

And we could well be cancelling Sahin's loan deal. Got one over etc etc.

Grebbo
03-01-2013, 08:32 PM
How come Sahin doesn't play? Surely he can get in to your midfield - who's keeping him out?

Shaqiri Is Boss
03-01-2013, 08:42 PM
Out of the 3/4 who have mainly played over Christmas and since Lucas has come back I'd have to say Henderson, who tbf has done a very good job. Since Lucas has come back Gerrard has continued to stay deep and ping his Hollywood balls all over the place, whilst Henderson and Allen have had more freedom (Allen has looked 40 gabillion times better when he hasn't played the holding role).

Sahin did seem to get worse as time went on though, even his passing was very poor and he just looked slower mentally and physically; though he also says he prefers a different role to the one he was playing, which begs the question why he wasn't used in Allen's position before Lucas returned. But I'm surprised we haven't used him a little more than we have which is disappointing as I still think he is a good player and he did show us that in glimpses, not least his awareness and composure on the ball.

Grebbo
04-01-2013, 12:00 AM
Fair enough. He looked amazing a couple of seasons ago, dunno what's happened to him!

Cripps_orig
10-01-2013, 11:47 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20978255

King Kenny is back :bow:

Marc Overmars
11-01-2013, 04:29 PM
Sahin is going back to Dortmund. :doh:

Shaqiri Is Boss
11-01-2013, 04:47 PM
Oh well.

And we've had a bid accepted for Leigh Griffiths. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-20986579

GP
11-01-2013, 04:48 PM
lolz

Boss
11-01-2013, 05:20 PM
Thank fuck we didn't sign up Sahin.

Wenger :bow: :bow:

Cripps_orig
11-01-2013, 05:59 PM
We should try and get Sahin.

Is he on loan to Dortmund?

Shaqiri Is Boss
11-01-2013, 06:36 PM
We should try and get Sahin.

Is he on loan to Dortmund?
Yes, back on loan to Dortmund.

And it's confirmed.

Weird.

Cripps_orig
11-01-2013, 06:44 PM
Rodgers :haha:

Sahin is like 17 million times better than Allen, Henderson, Lucas

Master Splinter
11-01-2013, 06:57 PM
I think Sahin got one over everyone.

Shaqiri Is Boss
11-01-2013, 07:01 PM
I think Sahin got one over everyone.
http://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net/photos/large/659002768.jpg?key=399594&Expires=1357931871&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA&Signature=Mr50u7Mz04TvLdAPIu7yqpO1ccNFSGh-p4WFLf2GCzGXcXL0NCH~DEKgfQIRdnvwlbDoREQZSXMjbgSIbo 4hoCmmT-M~E46oZeL3qnCO7b~VMFFfnHGeQq3gE5S71Zr62fd1epV8J~Wc 5b75oTtgmUfIPCzzxqV8dsoiKVujrUM_

Next on the list is probably Assaidi.

Cripps_orig
16-01-2013, 11:59 PM
http://metro.co.uk/2013/01/16/luis-suarez-admits-to-diving-to-win-liverpool-penalties-this-season-3355375/

Not the brightest is he?

Shaqiri Is Boss
17-01-2013, 12:03 AM
Not exactly shocking news, given it was the worst dive of all time.

http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/suarez.gif

Kano
17-01-2013, 03:59 PM
that's one way to set yourself up to leave in the summer i guess.

just do not screw up my dream team work league you numpty.

GP
17-01-2013, 04:20 PM
that's one way to set yourself up to leave in the summer i guess.

He'll be joining his international strike partner.

Ollie the Optimist
17-01-2013, 07:14 PM
given that suarez has admitted to cheating/diving does that mean espn have to now apologise to jon champion for making him apologise for calling suarez a cheat?

Shaqiri Is Boss
17-01-2013, 07:17 PM
No.

And Jon Champion didn't apologise.

He should though; for year of horrific, monotonous commentary. And Waddle.

Ollie the Optimist
17-01-2013, 09:06 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BA1oUb6CcAEjocI.jpg

i got this picture from @robharris, a times journalist who confirms that he saw the tweet himself just failed to grab it in time, and that it was a real tweet from henrys account, though with some others they have been deleted.

was he hacked, making a joke or telling the truth?

Shaqiri Is Boss
17-01-2013, 09:16 PM
I don't know what's worse.

People thinking he would actually divulge his financial status to some randomer on twitter, or that people take their time to ask him to sign people as if he's going to say yes.

Dennis Bendtner
17-01-2013, 09:49 PM
I just tweeted Kroenke about Cavani.

Let's hope for the best :pray:

Shaqiri Is Boss
17-01-2013, 10:02 PM
http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Football/Clubs/Club_Home/2011/10/27/1319728913417/Stan-Kroenke-007.jpg

"Stan, Mr Wenger says he wants Edinson Cavani."

"Is that a yacht?"

http://cdn.caughtoffside.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/wenger-facepalm.jpg

Niall_Quinn
17-01-2013, 10:59 PM
What a tight bastard with his cheap wig.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
19-01-2013, 10:56 PM
liverpool looking good. frustrating to see them believing in a new manager and a new project, moving forward and seeing the place slowly lift.

meanwhile, we're stuck in a never ending rut.

at least liverpool have one thing; hope. we have zilch. frustrating.

GP
19-01-2013, 11:09 PM
Speak for yourself, Marvin.

Marc Overmars
07-02-2013, 01:33 PM
Old Man Carragher to retire at the end of the season.

Shaqiri Is Boss
07-02-2013, 02:19 PM
Great servant to the club.

I reckon he could do one of two things quite easily, he could feasibly stay at Liverpool and do his badges or he could end up at Sky. Which would be bad for me being his full-time translator.

GP
07-02-2013, 02:21 PM
With all due respect, he should not be on TV. Or Radio. Especially radio.

Shaqiri Is Boss
07-02-2013, 02:22 PM
Neither should most of them. But they are.

I'm sure you can be provided with subtitles.

Letters
07-02-2013, 02:32 PM
Neither should most of them. But they are.

I'm sure you can be provided with subtitles.

On the radio?

Don't mind him as a player, can't understand a word he says.

Shaqiri Is Boss
07-02-2013, 02:35 PM
On the radio?

Don't mind him as a player, can't understand a word he says.

Well I can't see him going onto radio (unless it's Radio City), rather Sky -he's done Soccer Saturday a number times- or BBC/ITV like Dixon.

It might all be moo anyway, since I do think he'd go into coaching, then possibly management.

Letters
07-02-2013, 02:45 PM
Well I can't see him going onto radio.

No, that's how radio works.

:patrice:

Özil's Panoramic View
07-02-2013, 04:41 PM
No, that's how radio works.

:patrice:

Letters
07-02-2013, 06:46 PM
Top goal scorers against Liverpool

Andy Cole - 11
Thierry Henry - 8
Jamie Carragher - 7

Shaqiri Is Boss
07-02-2013, 07:11 PM
I still like the fact the he, one of the worst for scoring goals, was used as a specialist penalty taker by England :lol:

Cripps_orig
13-02-2013, 01:04 PM
Shelvey hits out at 'keyboard warriors' after Twitter abuse

The midfielder struggled to assert himself against West Brom on Monday, as the Baggies stunned Anfield with a 2-0 win, and received abuse from followers online after the game

Jonjo Shelvey has hit out at fans who criticised his performance during Liverpool ‘s 2-0 Premier League defeat to West Brom on Twitter.

In what was Shelvey's first start for the club since the Boxing Day defeat to Stoke City, the midfielder struggled to assert himself and was eventually substituted after an hour.

And after the game Shelvey took to Twitter to slam the critical "keyboard warriors", tweeting: "Love people giving me stick... when half of the people on here haven't got a clue what they're on about."

The post has subsequently been deleted.

Daniel Agger, meanwhile, took a different approach on the social networking site by admitting that he had under-performed.

Agger was partially responsible for West Brom's opener shock opener after failing to track the run of Gareth McAuley at a set-piece, allowing the Northern Irish defender to head home.

The Denmark international tweeted after the game: "I agree with most of you, my performance in the last 10 minutes was NOT good enough."

Hope Jonjo doesn't start v Chelsea or Spuds

Shaqiri Is Boss
13-02-2013, 01:20 PM
He won't.

Hopefully he won't for a long time either.

GP
07-03-2013, 11:06 AM
“I was lucky because I was physically very quick. Everybody could see that. It was obvious. So straightaway people could say: ‘Thierry Henry – he’s quick.’
“It is not so easy to see inside a player’s mind. Jamie’s mind was very, very quick. In some ways that is an unfortunate quality to have because it is not an obvious quality. It takes a while for people to see it. But when you are there on the pitch competing against someone with a quick mind, you know about it.
“Defenders don’t always get the recognition they deserve for keeping a clean sheet… The way I saw it, especially with Jamie, is that when I was at my best and he was at his best, neither player would win and it would be up to someone else to either win or lose the match.”

Shaqiri Is Boss
07-03-2013, 11:18 AM
Nice of him. And probably true, tbf, he does read the game very well. Not that it'd be admitted here. :lol:

Unfortunately the only thing I think of when facing Henry is that 4-2 game. Still, it's no disgrace to be outclassed by Henry...

GP
07-03-2013, 01:06 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BEwWveOCQAAT1aD.jpg

Liverpool got a bargain, tbh

Cripps_orig
11-03-2013, 11:11 PM
Liverpool have raised ticket prices :popcorn:

Niall_Quinn
11-03-2013, 11:24 PM
Liverpool have raised ticket prices :popcorn:

Doesn't worry me in the least, I'm confident we can raise prices by a lot more.

Lollerpool :haha: Forever in our ticket price shadow.

Cripps_orig
11-03-2013, 11:58 PM
Their most expensive ticket will be £850

I'd love it, absolutely love it if our prices were that

Shaqiri Is Boss
12-03-2013, 11:44 AM
£850.

Season ticket I hope...

It was always going to happen. We need to increase our matchday income, until (and even after) any redevelopment which even if it happens could take a million years, and increasing ticket prices is part of that.

Injury Time
12-03-2013, 11:48 AM
£850.

Season ticket I hope...

It was always going to happen. We need to increase our matchday income, until (and even after) any redevelopment which even if it happens could take a million years, and increasing ticket prices is part of that.
£135 cheaper than mine <_<

Cripps_orig
12-03-2013, 07:04 PM
Allen out for the season ffs

Not good news for us

Shaqiri Is Boss
12-03-2013, 07:07 PM
Unless in the last few hours he's had/been told when he will have his surgery, then not yet he isn't.

*added "when".

Cripps_orig
12-03-2013, 07:10 PM
Hope is rekindled

And now dashes

Just read the article. He himself has been on SSN and said he needs surgery and will be out for the remainder.

Shaqiri Is Boss
12-03-2013, 07:17 PM
But still doesn't know when, which is what I was meant to say first time round.

I wouldn't be surprised if they just got it over with and did it soon though so he can have a free pre season. Although he did come on as a sub even on Sunday, so it clearly isn't life threatening...

Cripps_orig
09-04-2013, 09:54 PM
RAFA BENITEZ reckons he will make a comeback as Liverpool boss one day.
The Spanish tactician will be a free agent in the summer when he leaves his post as Chelsea’s interim boss.
And 52-year-old is a still a hero to many Kop fans after a successful stint at the club during which he won the Champions League and the FA Cup.
Benitez said: “I will return, almost certainly. What I do not know is when. My daughters and wife still live there.
“My idea is to train a competitive team. Why not in England? We will have to wait and see. Everything will be worked out.”
Liverpool have struggled since axing Benitez, who has come closer than anybody to building a title-winning side at Anfield in the Premier League era.
And with Chelsea fans still angry at his appointment, it would be appealing for him to move somewhere he is appreciated.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4880219/Rafa-Benitez-eyes-Liverpool-return.html#ixzz2Q0PPlbPYHope this happens.

Cripps_orig
14-04-2013, 11:16 PM
JAMIE CARRAGHER is set for talks with Brendan Rodgers over delaying his retirement.
The Liverpool stalwart wants to hang up his boots at the end of the season and has been tipped for a future as a coach or manager.
Anfield managing director Ian Ayre has also suggested the former England star, 35, would be offered a role at the club.
But boss Rodgers hopes the defender will continue to play beyond his contract expiring.
He said: “Carra’s been fantastic and I do believe he could play next season. He and I communicate a lot and he’s obviously got something in his mind.
“We will sit down between now and the end of the season anyway and we’ll see where it goes. If he does go, I will certainly miss him because he’s been brilliant for me.
“He’s shown great respect and really helped me and the other guys.
“The thing for now is to keep performing the way he is until the end of the season and between then and now he and we will chat.
“This guy’s incredible. I want to put that on record.”

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4887568/Brendan-Rodgers-wants-Jamie-Carragher-to-keep-playing.html#ixzz2QTytcWBC

Would be funny if he changed his mind

Cripps_orig
19-04-2013, 05:25 AM
Liverpool's managing director Ian Ayre reveals all the club's future transfers will by decided by committee rather than giving full control of recruitment to manager Brendan Rodgers.
Full story: Daily Telegraph

Rodgers :wave:

Cripps_orig
23-04-2013, 09:59 PM
Gerrard to have a testimonial v Olympiakos in August.

Shaqiri Is Boss
23-04-2013, 10:41 PM
And with that I'm off to find some CL 2005 videos of the good ol' days.

PGFC
26-04-2013, 12:40 PM
Liverpool are not appealling.

Fact.

Injury Time
26-04-2013, 12:47 PM
Liverpool are not appealling.

Fact.
But what about Liverpool FC?

PGFC
26-04-2013, 01:08 PM
But what about Liverpool FC?

un-appealling mostly :good:

Shaqiri Is Boss
26-04-2013, 01:11 PM
Why did Bale like the banana?

Letters
26-04-2013, 07:06 PM
http://www.shotdeadinthehead.com/liverpool-blood-t-shirt-mens.html?utm_source=PB_ED_SD_IP&utm_medium=LN&utm_content=TE&utm_campaign=Popbitch_Feature_Tee

Cripps_orig
27-04-2013, 11:21 PM
Manchester City want Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers, 39, to replace Roberto Mancini as City boss.
Full story: Sunday People

Marc Overmars
30-04-2013, 10:42 AM
Liverpool defender Jamie Carragher will join Sky Sports' line-up of football experts in August 2013 #ssn

Cripps_orig
30-04-2013, 10:44 AM
:doh:

Shaqiri Is Boss
30-04-2013, 10:49 AM
In other news, the shares in Sky's subtitle provider have shot through the roof.

Shaqiri Is Boss
21-05-2013, 05:35 PM
The Toure news can probably go here.

And West Ham have apparently agreed a deal for Carroll. Around £15m according to BBC sport. That would be about a £5m loss for the books.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-g6za1VDPrWI/Tch3JjXooiI/AAAAAAAAC7o/hcO2qJP28R8/s1600/Carlton-Dance-GIF.gif

Injury Time
21-05-2013, 07:33 PM
The Toure news can probably go here.

And West Ham have apparently agreed a deal for Carroll. Around £15m according to BBC sport. That would be about a £5m loss for the books.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-g6za1VDPrWI/Tch3JjXooiI/AAAAAAAAC7o/hcO2qJP28R8/s1600/Carlton-Dance-GIF.gif
Wurst Spam spunking their TV money, he must give some serious head...

Cripps_orig
26-05-2013, 06:22 PM
http://www.goal.com/en/news/article?contentId=4006350

McNamara That Ghost...
27-05-2013, 11:11 AM
You know you must be iredeemably violent if Robert Mugabe takes a dim view of you.

Xhaka Can’t
27-05-2013, 06:27 PM
http://i.minus.com/iJINImxsjP6D6.gif

Ollie the Optimist
28-05-2013, 12:43 PM

Shaqiri Is Boss
28-05-2013, 05:17 PM
I know it has its own thread, but here it be.

Kolo Toure will indeed sign on July 1.

Regale me with tales of his defensive powers.

Marc Overmars
28-05-2013, 05:19 PM
Kolo. :lol:

He's not a bad defender really but probably needs to be partnered with someone who is better at reading the game.

McNamara That Ghost...
28-05-2013, 05:27 PM
Opportunistic but really, quite odd.

Malaria messed him up quite badly, not that he was all that composed to begin with - see the 2nd leg in 2008 for instance.

Shaqiri Is Boss
28-05-2013, 05:38 PM
Well that's encouraging.

Injury Time
28-05-2013, 08:31 PM
Well that's encouraging.

Think part charging rhino, part headless chicken, part heart of a lion, part scarecrow from wizard of oz....the domestic triple awaits you tbf :trophy:

Shaqiri Is Boss
29-05-2013, 05:00 PM
Apparently Iago Aspas is to join us.

Maccy! Thoughts...

McNamara That Ghost...
29-05-2013, 06:02 PM
He has had a pretty good season tbf, though of course I would've only seen him for this season. I mentioned him a while ago when it was asked about who would be the next Michu.

Think things tailed off a little bit for him towards the end of the season and he can be a bit of a nutter but he scored a pelanty in a win this weekend for Celta, so at least he is contributing right at the end. Granted they still might go down but I think he can be absolved for most of the blame there.

I think he'll offer more than Borini will at this time, put it that way. Not sure what it means for Sturridge's designs of being the main striker though. :unsure:

GP
29-05-2013, 07:34 PM
Suarez's replacement?

Shaqiri Is Boss
29-05-2013, 07:37 PM
Cheers Maccy.

And he probably is. Someone will be. £30m plus some players/£40m+ will probably see him in a Real Madrid shirt.

Cripps_orig
29-05-2013, 07:52 PM
http://www.goal.com/en/news/article?contentId=4012727

He's gone

Injury Time
29-05-2013, 08:11 PM
Apparently Iago Aspas is to join us.

Maccy! Thoughts...

You signed A spaz? :haha: *

*yeah I know he'll probably score a winner against us but still :lol:

Shaqiri Is Boss
29-05-2013, 08:14 PM
You signed A spaz? :haha: *

*yeah I know he'll probably score a winner against us but still :lol:

It's going to be hell when we sign one of the Benders.

Injury Time
29-05-2013, 08:37 PM
It's going to be hell when we sign one of the Benders.

I can just image the commentator nightmare "Bender to Aspaz.....to Bender......ASPAZ!!! A great goal by Aspaz and an assist from a Bender..." just need to sign old Shittu :pray:

Munchies
31-05-2013, 12:13 PM
Luis Suarez confirms he wants to leave Liverpool

Shaqiri Is Boss
31-05-2013, 12:17 PM
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view2/1156151/shocked-spit-out-drink-o.gif

Worse, it means another name change. FFS.

PGFC
31-05-2013, 12:31 PM
Aspas is Boss.

works for me...

Niall_Quinn
31-05-2013, 01:00 PM
Luis Suarez confirms he wants to leave Liverpool

Nooooo, he's being forced out. He'd love to stay but the press has forced his hand. As you know, none of these players have a choice when it comes to turning their back on the club and fans that have supported them.

Niall_Quinn
31-05-2013, 01:01 PM

Pick someone you actually want to see leave this time.

GP
31-05-2013, 01:06 PM

Time for you to bring Torres home?

Shaqiri Is Boss
31-05-2013, 01:07 PM
Pick someone you actually want to see leave this time.

Fair point.

Actually Suarez is the only one I picked myself. Babel, NGog, Aquilani were all suggested. By KK IIRC.

Shelvey Is Boss does have a nice ring to it...

Time for you to bring Torres home?
Good God no.

Same tactic might work though. Tell Madrid to give us whatever it'd cost to get Cavani + £15m...

Marc Overmars
31-05-2013, 01:29 PM
Suarez is quality and it would be a shame not to see his ability every week, however he's brought everything on himself.

McNamara That Ghost...
31-05-2013, 01:44 PM
http://i2.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article1924179.ece/BINARY/BLmH9s2CYAE38YHjpeg.jpg

Didn't take long.

Shaqiri Is Boss
31-05-2013, 01:47 PM
:doh:

Moral of the story: If you're going to spend £50 on a shirt, never get the name of a current player on the back.

GP
31-05-2013, 01:53 PM
Has RAWK had a meltdown yet?

Munchies
31-05-2013, 01:54 PM
Feels so good to not have to deal with this BS for a change :lol:

McNamara That Ghost...
31-05-2013, 01:54 PM
The mods have had a meltdown. Closing threads everywhere.

Shaqiri Is Boss
31-05-2013, 01:58 PM

Their transfer forum is almost entirely closed.

GP
31-05-2013, 02:05 PM
That's why GW mods are the best in the business.

Kano
31-05-2013, 02:29 PM
liverpool :lol:

Niall_Quinn
31-05-2013, 04:02 PM
That's why GW mods are the best in the business.

Mods, please don't give him any credit for sucking up like this! If you really are the best in the business you'll be able to see right through him with ease. In fact why not ban him for being obnoxious? Not that I want to see people get banned - except GP.

GP
31-05-2013, 04:13 PM
I meant goonersworld.

Niall_Quinn
31-05-2013, 04:17 PM
:getcoat:

Good point about Goonersworld though.

Cripps_orig
31-05-2013, 04:44 PM
Time for Suarez to come home?

Munchies
31-05-2013, 05:12 PM
On another note, how do Real keep affording to spend this sort of money ?

I read an article recently about how in debt they were

Cripps_orig
31-05-2013, 05:22 PM
I guess when you're the worlds most richest and famous club, it has its perks

McNamara That Ghost...
31-05-2013, 05:31 PM
Real Madrid will find a way, they have to now in response to Barca getting Neymar.

GP
31-05-2013, 05:32 PM
On another note, how do Real keep affording to spend this sort of money ?

I read an article recently about how in debt they were

They are massively corrupt.

Cripps_orig
31-05-2013, 05:33 PM
http://www.goal.com/en/news/article?contentId=4016023

That's one way I guess

Emirates :bow:

McNamara That Ghost...
31-05-2013, 05:48 PM
Real Madrid. :lol:

Always copying the mighty Arsenal.

Shaqiri Is Boss
31-05-2013, 06:04 PM
Their £72 zillion TV deal probably helps as well.

To be honest I'm pretty blasé about him going. More interested in seeing if we can actually spend the proceeds wisely. *nervous laugh*

LDG
31-05-2013, 08:14 PM

To be honest I'm pretty blasé about him going. More interested in seeing if we can actually spend the proceeds wisely. *nervous laugh*

Gervinho is a good guy.

LDG
31-05-2013, 08:16 PM
I meant goonersworld.

Once. I had this bird called Trina. Right up the wrongun. Never called again.

What a bitch.

Ollie the Optimist
31-05-2013, 08:40 PM

Wouldn't be surprised if you put a bid in for Andy Carroll .....

Injury Time
31-05-2013, 08:43 PM
Once. I had this bird called Trina. Right up the wrongun. Never called again.

What a bitch.
Didn't want her strap on back?

Niall_Quinn
01-06-2013, 01:15 AM
They are massively corrupt.

This.

They have some shady deal going on with the local government don't they? I guess they need quite a lot of cash to score their drugs.

Shaqiri Is Boss
04-06-2013, 11:19 AM
They've been doing the rounds for a while, but... well damn.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/eee520d3357d528420dac679f693e3e6/tumblr_mnuehoSwSM1raxpsqo1_1280.png
Away.
http://24.media.tumblr.com/4c2322fa9fe922846bf2ce53eb67e02c/tumblr_mnuehoSwSM1raxpsqo2_1280.png
Third.

GP
04-06-2013, 11:22 AM
I actually don't mind them. A bit busy but the colours are good.

Marc Overmars
04-06-2013, 12:11 PM
Your home kit is now white?

Shaqiri Is Boss
04-06-2013, 12:57 PM
Red.

These are the away and third. And they're pretty... bold.

Thierrymon
05-06-2013, 02:08 AM
That white kit is awful! It looks straight out of the early 90's.

Munchies
05-06-2013, 08:28 AM
http://www.101greatgoals.com/wp-content/gallery/gimages/jose-enriques-brilliant-reaction-to-the-new-liverpool-away-shirt.jpg

PGFC
11-06-2013, 01:04 PM
Liverpool are giving a medical to Aspas, ah bless them, that's so sweet.

fakeyank
11-06-2013, 02:02 PM
http://www.101greatgoals.com/wp-content/gallery/gimages/jose-enriques-brilliant-reaction-to-the-new-liverpool-away-shirt.jpg

Xhaka Can’t
11-06-2013, 02:21 PM

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
11-06-2013, 04:05 PM
suarez looks like he's gone

they'll probably get what, £35m at least?

id take it tbh. he has too much baggage. and when he was banned they played quite good football and had some decent form didnt they? not always looking to go through him etc, made the team look a bit better.

spend £25m on a higuain or someone of that calibre and put the other £10m towards a midfielder or whatever they need.

they sold torres and ended up with suarez. they can do it again. no player is bigger than the club.

Shaqiri Is Boss
11-06-2013, 05:15 PM
I agree to a certain extent. When a player like him [and where he is a level above the rest] the ball automatically goes to him and stays with him. It was the same with Torres before, he was always the go to man. Now they're forced to look for others. Though that's not to say we didn't play well with him there either. Our problem was consistency; one week we'd play a team off the park and the next we literally couldn't pass it 5 yards. Literally.

I'd hope for more than £35m though, or that plus a player or two. Saying that, it's so rare swap deals happen of this calibre, so straight money is most likely.

I'm not really bothered if he leaves, since he'll be replaced by the next one to become a fan favourite and then leave after a few years. That's football. Coutinho will be gone sooner or later, Reina, Agger. Sturridge is English so he's staying for a while.
We're close to getting this Aspas, I'm not sure exactly what his position is, and a young Spanish winger/midfielder from Sevilla, who will therefore also be off in a few years if he's any good. And I wouldn't put it past us getting Sinclair as rotation. I'd like to see us get a big bastard in midfield if we could to balance out the small technical players, get shot of Shelvey and the other squaddies [for example Pacheco, Carroll, Spearing, Assaidi], loan out Suso, get rid of Coates and maybe Skrtel, bring in a good quality but big-bastard CB and we'd have a decent squad as it is.

It would then all come down to the Suarez situation, and whether we could attract someone of his quality. Because it was an almighty coup when we got him and we're arguably in a weaker position than then in attracting players.

Injury Time
11-06-2013, 06:14 PM
Liverpool are giving a medical to Aspas, ah bless them, that's so sweet.

A spas medical, meh still more effective than Diaby I guess...
http://sportsprovocateur.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/south-park-timmy.jpg

Injury Time
11-06-2013, 06:16 PM
I went to Liverpool and all I got was this crappy shirt!

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
11-06-2013, 09:39 PM
I agree to a certain extent. When a player like him [and where he is a level above the rest] the ball automatically goes to him and stays with him. It was the same with Torres before, he was always the go to man. Now they're forced to look for others. Though that's not to say we didn't play well with him there either. Our problem was consistency; one week we'd play a team off the park and the next we literally couldn't pass it 5 yards. Literally.

I'd hope for more than £35m though, or that plus a player or two. Saying that, it's so rare swap deals happen of this calibre, so straight money is most likely.

I'm not really bothered if he leaves, since he'll be replaced by the next one to become a fan favourite and then leave after a few years. That's football. Coutinho will be gone sooner or later, Reina, Agger. Sturridge is English so he's staying for a while.
We're close to getting this Aspas, I'm not sure exactly what his position is, and a young Spanish winger/midfielder from Sevilla, who will therefore also be off in a few years if he's any good. And I wouldn't put it past us getting Sinclair as rotation. I'd like to see us get a big bastard in midfield if we could to balance out the small technical players, get shot of Shelvey and the other squaddies [for example Pacheco, Carroll, Spearing, Assaidi], loan out Suso, get rid of Coates and maybe Skrtel, bring in a good quality but big-bastard CB and we'd have a decent squad as it is.

It would then all come down to the Suarez situation, and whether we could attract someone of his quality. Because it was an almighty coup when we got him and we're arguably in a weaker position than then in attracting players.

if you sold him for £40m, how would you spend the money (realistically)?

Shaqiri Is Boss
11-06-2013, 10:07 PM
if you sold him for £40m, how would you spend the money (realistically)?

What, me personally?

No clue. I'm still on FM12 so all my signings would be two years out of date.

But general outline; big bastard in midfield [and frankly these are invariably 6ft+ and African] who can still pass a ball, desputise/replace Lucas and come in when we face cloggers. A big, tall CB since quite often last season we simply didn't attempt to win headers in our own half. And depending on who leaves, a quick winger-type.

If you mean Rodgers, well our strongest links seem to be Aspas, Luis Alberto a young winger/striker from Sevilla (but with Barca DNA), Papadopolous from Schalke, a CB with apparent knee trouble and Ilori a young CB from Sporting. And of course Kolo. If they are all targets without Suarez money then add a forward who is comfortable playing across the front, rather than a poacher.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
11-06-2013, 10:11 PM
What, me personally?

No clue. I'm still on FM12 so all my signings would be two years out of date.

But general outline; big bastard in midfield [and frankly these are invariably 6ft+ and African] who can still pass a ball, desputise/replace Lucas and come in when we face cloggers. A big, tall CB since quite often last season we simply didn't attempt to win headers in our own half. And depending on who leaves, a quick winger-type.

If you mean Rodgers, well our strongest links seem to be Aspas, Luis Alberto a young winger/striker from Sevilla (but with Barca DNA), Papadopolous from Schalke, a CB with apparent knee trouble and Ilori a young CB from Sporting. And of course Kolo. If they are all targets without Suarez money then add a forward who is comfortable playing across the front, rather than a poacher.

what the fuck has happened to skrtel? that guy used to be a beast. a shadow of his former self. and didnt coates win player of the tournament not so long ago for his national country? did they get wenger'd?