PDA

View Full Version : The Liverpool Thread 2017/2018 featuring Jurgen Klopp

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]

Kano
04-10-2015, 05:40 PM
There were reports before the Everton game that Klopp had agreed a deal, so looks like a done deal.

Hopefully a couple of frustrating duff years and then he can pop down to take over.

Niall_Quinn
04-10-2015, 05:40 PM
Sacked. Contract terminated with immediate effect. Sounds like they have agreed terms with somebody else already.

McNamara That Ghost...
04-10-2015, 05:42 PM
Sky showing his post-match interview. Bit harsh.

Shaqiri Is Boss
04-10-2015, 05:43 PM
There were reports before the Everton game that Klopp had agreed a deal, so looks like a done deal.

Hopefully a couple of frustrating duff years and then he can pop down to take over.

From local Bosnian media, no less. (In all seriousness, I think one of Klopp's coaches/assistant is Bosnian)

:wave: Brendan. I feel a tad sorry for you but the writing was on the wall. He'll get another job quick enough anyway. And he'll have just had a payoff worth millions. So not that sorry really.

McNamara That Ghost...
04-10-2015, 05:48 PM
Don't forget your envelope, Rodgers!

Niall_Quinn
04-10-2015, 05:49 PM
From local Bosnian media, no less. (In all seriousness, I think one of Klopp's coaches/assistant is Bosnian)

:wave: Brendan. I feel a tad sorry for you but the writing was on the wall. He'll get another job quick enough anyway. And he'll have just had a payoff worth millions. So not that sorry really.

Exactly. Sacked in football means let's go on a 5 star holiday and then get the agent to hunt for the next huge pay day.

Kano
04-10-2015, 05:50 PM
Sunderland!

Zerlathon
04-10-2015, 05:55 PM
I think it's ridiculous to be honest, why sack a Manager in October? Things like this should be an end of season action (or in extreme cases the winter transfer window).

Oh well, it's not Arsenal, so I guess in that sense I couldn't give a flying [cumberland sausage]!

Master Splinter
04-10-2015, 06:09 PM
Rodgers :haha:.

Crooknapp or Fat Sam to take over?

McNamara That Ghost...
05-10-2015, 08:12 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMe7g-UEyMA

Shaqiri Is Boss
05-10-2015, 08:14 PM
:lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyTK2JLmwFE

Still one of the best videos around.

Marc Overmars
05-10-2015, 09:11 PM
Seems like Klopp is the front runner, I think he'd be the right choice if it is between him and Ancelotti. He would probably be a lot more effective in the transfer market, he made some cracking signings for Dortmund without half the budget Liverpool would provide.

LDG
06-10-2015, 08:43 AM
:lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyTK2JLmwFE

Still one of the best videos around.

:haha:

Niall_Quinn
06-10-2015, 10:04 AM

"We had Alexis Sanchez waiting in the next room..." :haha:

AFC Leveller
06-10-2015, 08:29 PM
Klopp is a great manager and his assistant is apparently the brains behind it all with his training methods.

I can see him turning Liverpool into a title winning team soon if he buys the right players.

selassie
07-10-2015, 01:41 PM
Klopp is a great manager and his assistant is apparently the brains behind it all with his training methods.

I can see him turning Liverpool into a title winning team soon if he buys the right players.

He'll definitely improve them and to be honest he doesn't have a bad squad to work with now. He has less work to do than what he had to do at Dortmund when he joined them.

I think Liverpool will be strongly in the mix for top 4 come next season.

Marc Overmars
07-10-2015, 03:35 PM
It will be interesting to see if he can implement the tenacious and non-stop style of play he had at Dortmund because not many in Liverpool's squad fit that mould. Though whenever new managers are appointed you always seem to get one or two players who manage to find a new level to their game, Klopp is certainly good enough to develop what they already have.

He'll probably need a transfer window at least before he can be judged properly though.

McNamara That Ghost...
07-10-2015, 06:47 PM
Not sure he can realistically make them title winners, it'd take a good few years without wanting their bests wanting to leave and I don't think that will be the case.

Top 4 should be doable though.

Shaqiri Is Boss
07-10-2015, 06:55 PM
He'll definitely improve them and to be honest he doesn't have a bad squad to work with now. He has less work to do than what he had to do at Dortmund when he joined them.

I think Liverpool will be strongly in the mix for top 4 come next season.

Laughably, we're not really out of it this season. As shit as we've been, and by god we've been shit, we're not cut adrift (I know it's only been 8 games, but still) and the likes of Palace, Leicester and West Ham will undoubtedly fall away.

It will be interesting to see if he can implement the tenacious and non-stop style of play he had at Dortmund because not many in Liverpool's squad fit that mould. Though whenever new managers are appointed you always seem to get one or two players who manage to find a new level to their game, Klopp is certainly good enough to develop what they already have.

He'll probably need a transfer window at least before he can be judged properly though.
To be fair I actually think we have a few players that can fit into a pressing, non-stop style. At our best under Rodgers we were doing exactly that, granted mainly it short bursts; our game against you last February (:cloud9:) may very well be the best example of it in fact. Most crucially though it was led by Suarez, and ever since he's left we've had no one who has led from the front in that way. If there's only one thing Milner can do it's run round like a headless chicken, Henderson is phenomenally fit, Can takes time to get going but will happily do so, Allen presses like mad even if he is usually shrugged off like the worm that he is, we have full backs who can run up and down the wings all day again, I think I'm right in saying Firmino made the most defensive tackles in the Bundesliga by a non-defender and even Sturridge will press if he thinks there's a chance of a goal for himself.

It would be nice if he could bring a few of his Dortmund players with him though. : definitelyhappening :

Letters
07-10-2015, 07:55 PM
Not sure he can realistically make them title winners, it'd take a good few years without wanting their bests wanting to leave and I don't think that will be the case.

Top 4 should be doable though.
Not this year. I think last year's top 4 will be the same this year although probably not in the same order.
It would be hilarious if Chelsea miss out but I wouldn't write them off just yet.

Kano
07-10-2015, 07:56 PM
The stat being kicked around is that no team with the same amount of points as Chelsea have ever finished higher than fifth.

Letters
07-10-2015, 09:18 PM
It is hard to see them retaining the title after that start, they've lost 4 games already, no one has lost more than 6 recently and won the title. They do seem to have real problems but I'm loathe to write them off just yet.
I'd love it, just love it, if they fail to finish in the top 4
:patrice:

Marc Overmars
07-10-2015, 10:23 PM
It would be pretty funny but don't forget what Satan did last time they finished outside the top 4.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
07-10-2015, 11:05 PM
A hideous, dark time, staining the memory forever more.

Power n Glory
08-10-2015, 02:14 PM
Klopp confirmed. 3 year deal.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34469429

The Emirates Gallactico
08-10-2015, 02:38 PM
Fuck. :(

Bad news on two fronts for us.

- He most likely will be able to make Liverpool a force again. Probably not this season or maybe even the next one but I fully expect them to be strongly challenging at least for the top four (or top three the way things are going) very soon.

- It also all but eliminates him as a successor to Wenger. I always saw him as Wenger's natural heir which seems unlikely now, as there's nowt chance he comes directly from pool to us. Pep will probably be off to City or Utd once he leaves so it leaves you wondering who we can get to replace Wenger once he decides to call it a day which I reckon will be at the end of his current contract (end of next season).

The annoying this is that if he waited till the end of the year, he could have had a host of much more attractive job offers. Probably Chelsea (lol Mourinho), Real/Barca (depends on who doesn't win the league), Bayern (Pep doesn't seem to want to renew), City if Pellegrini doesn't win the league and heck even us if Wenger decides to go out on a high after winning the league.

Liverpool have done well here.

Letters
08-10-2015, 02:48 PM
Klopp is Boss, I guess...

Marc Overmars
08-10-2015, 02:57 PM
Looking forward to seeing his mental interviews. A tad more entertaining than Rodgers you'd think.

The Emirates Gallactico
08-10-2015, 03:06 PM

"Klopp the flopp" ......... :pray:

Looking forward to seeing his mental interviews. A tad more entertaining than Rodgers you'd think.

He'll become the media darling once Jose gets sacked.

Marc Overmars
08-10-2015, 03:22 PM
Fuck. :(

Bad news on two fronts for us.

- He most likely will be able to make Liverpool a force again. Probably not this season or maybe even the next one but I fully expect them to be strongly challenging at least for the top four (or top three the way things are going) very soon.

- It also all but eliminates him as a successor to Wenger. I always saw him as Wenger's natural heir which seems unlikely now, as there's nowt chance he comes directly from pool to us. Pep will probably be off to City or Utd once he leaves so it leaves you wondering who we can get to replace Wenger once he decides to call it a day which I reckon will be at the end of his current contract (end of next season).

The annoying this is that if he waited till the end of the year, he could have had a host of much more attractive job offers. Probably Chelsea (lol Mourinho), Real/Barca (depends on who doesn't win the league), Bayern (Pep doesn't seem to want to renew), City if Pellegrini doesn't win the league and heck even us if Wenger decides to go out on a high after winning the league.

Liverpool have done well here.

I'm a little disappointed as well, I know WUMger isn't going anywhere for a while yet but Klopp is certainly someone I felt was good enough to be his successor. I suppose if you've been in the job as long as WUMger has, managers and most importantly potential successors will come and go. Timing is everything in football, can't help but wonder who'll be available when we need to look for a new guy.

Kano
08-10-2015, 03:30 PM
Always liked the guy. A shame I'll have to start laughing at and generally disliking him now. Ah well, needs must.

Thread must be changed to Klopp the Muppet in time honoured tradition.

Letters
08-10-2015, 03:42 PM
I'm a little disappointed as well, I know WUMger isn't going anywhere for a while yet but Klopp is certainly someone I felt was good enough to be his successor. I suppose if you've been in the job as long as WUMger has, managers and most importantly potential successors will come and go. Timing is everything in football, can't help but wonder who'll be available when we need to look for a new guy.

Koeman?

Niall_Quinn
08-10-2015, 03:51 PM

Owen Coyle :pray:

Globalgunner
08-10-2015, 03:53 PM
Fat Sam is always available. He is destined to manage Real someday

Kano
08-10-2015, 04:08 PM
Koeman?

As far as Japanese football goes he's a nobody. Not worth our time.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
08-10-2015, 04:18 PM
Don't think Klopp would have been ambitious enough for us, if we are talking about being up there with the likes of Bayern Munich and Real Madrid, we really want to be going in for Pep Guardiola or someone on that level.

I like Klopp personally, ebullient figure and genuinely looking forward to seeing him in the premier league as he is such a colourful character.

Master Splinter
08-10-2015, 05:58 PM
They have some tough fixtures coming up in his first handful of games.

Rafa back by January?

Shaqiri Is Boss
08-10-2015, 06:13 PM

Undoubtedly.

Personally I'm still in the "lets wait and see" period, before I go completely.... RAWK, but I can't lie there is a bit of excitement there which makes a nice change.

Who knows though. It's still a big job he's got on his hands (despite perversely having something to play for this season) and it could turn out to be shit. His final season at Dortmund can't be ignored, even if there were extenuating circumstances. Not to mention that he could easily piss off back to Germany at the click of a Bayern-shaped finger.

The Emirates Gallactico
08-10-2015, 06:23 PM

True. I still remember the times when the likes of Martin O'Neill and heck even Owen Coyle (lol) were discussed as successors to Wenger so things can change rapidly.

Mind you, the difference in Klopp's pedigree compared to those frauds is night and day.

There's been murmurings about an ex Wenger protege like Dragan Stojkovic or a legend like Henry or Dennis being groomed to be next but to me I don't think we can take a risk like that these days. The Moyes disaster at Utd demonstrates the importance of appointing someone with a solid record and the right gravitas for the role at a big club.

Don't think Klopp would have been ambitious enough for us, if we are talking about being up there with the likes of Bayern Munich and Real Madrid, we really want to be going in for Pep Guardiola or someone on that level.

ehhh? Klopp not ambitious enough for us? Had he still been a free agent he would have certainly been on the shortlist if not first choice for a Bayern/Real/Barca etc if those jobs were available. Man Utd quite openly tried to get him before they settled on Van Gaal. He's one of the most coveted and well regarded young managers in European football right now.

Liverpool are just incredibly fortunate that timings have worked out splendidly well for them and there isn't another more attractive opening for him right now ....... I'm certain privately he was hoping that either our or the Barca job would have opened up for him over the summer or by now as both of us are probably the most suited for his vision of play.

As for Pep .... I've got more chance of banging Kate Upton tbh. Either Man City, Utd or even Chelsea are going to throw a shedload of cash his way to lure him whenever he becomes available.

McNamara That Ghost...
08-10-2015, 07:35 PM
Do this to Mike Dean. :pray:

http://nesncom.files.wordpress.com/2013/09/jurgen-klopp-napoli-dismissal.gif?w=448&h=252

GP
08-10-2015, 08:06 PM
More like Jurgen Flopp, am I right, lads? Eh?

Shaqiri Is Boss
08-10-2015, 08:12 PM
Part of me wants to stay composed and say "lets wait and see".

Ah fuck it.

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll36/Bigsteve87/Gifs/carlton-dance-gif.gif

Master Splinter
08-10-2015, 08:26 PM
It's the nauseating first-name-terms love-in that's the most dreaded thing about this appointment. With the type of guy Klopp is, it's going to be absolutely, embarrassingly, pathetically sickening.

We'll all have to grin and bear it until the initial lustre dies down and the calls for Gerrard to return start.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
08-10-2015, 11:22 PM
I came in here and read Emirates gooners line about bad news on two fronts......and immediately thought Sanchez was out till next year or something.

I might need a pacemaker soon...

Letters
09-10-2015, 09:38 AM
http://newsthump.com/2015/10/09/liverpool-fans-getting-impatient-as-klopp-enters-second-trophyless-day/

Klopp Out!

Marc Overmars
09-10-2015, 09:52 AM
I really hope Klopp turns into a cunt and gives me a legit reason to hate him because I find him impossible to dislike.

Kano
09-10-2015, 09:59 AM
The fact he's Pool manager is enough for me to dislike him. Here's to his absolute failure :cheers:

And Klopp The Cock would've done for the thread title.

Niall_Quinn
09-10-2015, 10:40 AM
I really hope Klopp turns into a cunt and gives me a legit reason to hate him because I find him impossible to dislike.

Same here unfortunately. I wonder how he'll react to the ludicrous British media. Can't see him holding his temper for long.

LDG
09-10-2015, 11:38 AM
The Klopp End?

Jesus, I never really liked the beardy weirdo. Too much teeth for my liking.

At least he doesn't wear lipstick.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/11/06/article-2488876-193C8D3600000578-201_634x445.jpg

Marc Overmars
09-10-2015, 12:54 PM
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-5_QL6sNgr3U/VhY1ekfNL6I/AAAAAAAAAFc/c4CIV7-wfaU/w452-h609-no/2015%2B-%2B1

Letters
09-10-2015, 02:17 PM
https://www.facebook.com/www.JOE.co.uk/videos/563869153777155/

adzzzbatch
09-10-2015, 03:17 PM
The fact he's Pool manager is enough for me to dislike him. Here's to his absolute failure :cheers:

And Klopp The Cock would've done for the thread title.

:gp:

fakeyank
10-10-2015, 11:04 AM
I so badly wish he was appointed our manager :(

Niall_Quinn
26-10-2015, 07:10 PM
Will Klopp get the honour of dispatching Maureen from the PL and back to wherever it is he came from (hell?)? Just one more loss and the Special One could be out on his arse.

Thierrymon
27-10-2015, 05:19 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gMIu5N1DOo

McNamara That Ghost...
10-10-2017, 06:25 PM
Quick thread title change.

Seems like Mane could be out for a while with a little hamstring.

:rose:

McNamara That Ghost...
22-07-2018, 08:11 AM
Couldn't recall seeing it elsewhere but looks like Ox will be out for the whole season.

Multiple ligament damages apparently in one injury. :wacko:

GP
22-07-2018, 08:24 AM
Money well spent.

McNamara That Ghost...
22-07-2018, 09:34 AM
Buying from us is fraught with danger.

Marc Overmars
22-07-2018, 09:48 AM
Worst kind of injury for an athlete ball player to get.

He’s been so injury prone throughout his career anyway, he’ll be on the scrap heap by the time he’s 30.

Shaqiri Is Boss
22-07-2018, 10:30 AM
It's a shame as he was playing very well, and it's handy to have someone who's happy to just run at a defence from deeper. Would have walked into the England team as well, which I know isn't saying all that much.

You've got to wonder how he'll well return from it. Bad enough one ligament, but all of them? And not even just physically, but mentally.

Letters
22-07-2018, 06:37 PM
Ox :rose:

I did once think he was the player we hoped Walcott would be but never quite fulfilled that.

The Emirates Gallactico
22-07-2018, 08:44 PM
He seems like a decent personable lad so I feel sorry for him but it was basically the story of his Arsenal career.

- Finally put in a few decent performances
- Get some semi-serious injury that derails the momentum
- Take longer than expected to recover
- Finally return and stink the place out

Rinse and repeat.

Given that it was amazing we managed to get so much for him especially as he was on his last year of his contract and wanted to leave. Wenger :bow:

Özim
24-07-2018, 10:42 AM
Feel really sorry for him, have real respect for him, put football over money when he moved for Liverpool (very rare these days) and his performances showed this was paying off.

Really unlucky, hope he recovers quickly and comes back to the level he was at.

Özim
26-07-2018, 11:51 AM
Liverpool now have the most expensive goalkeeper in the world and the most expensive defender in the world. Considering their spend now you'd expect them to really be in the title mix if not win it.

Letters
21-08-2018, 04:19 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-45258766

:popcorn:

GP
21-08-2018, 05:45 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-45258766

:popcorn:

Fans were at fault anyway.