PDA

View Full Version : The Liverpool Thread 2017/2018 featuring Jurgen Klopp

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Shaqiri Is Boss
22-05-2011, 10:21 PM
A boring title because I tried to think of a pun and couldn't...

This is our season. :trophy:

FINALLY!!

Even if it only lasts 6 matches:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mf9LUNB-JsM

:bow:

The Wengerbabies
22-05-2011, 10:23 PM
A boring title because I tried to think of a pun and couldn't...

How about 'King Kenny the muppet...and other Hoof shit'?

I don't like change :sulk:

Shaqiri Is Boss
22-05-2011, 10:38 PM
It'll depend on who we sign in the summer...

McNamara That Ghost...
22-05-2011, 11:04 PM
This could have been the summer you sold Stevie Me but given Kenny will still be there and he didn't get to play under him too much this season, probably not.

Shaqiri Is Boss
22-05-2011, 11:14 PM
Give it 2 years and he won't be able to run anyway so we will need to look elsewhere.

Just so long as that replacement isn't Adam.

milla
23-05-2011, 10:58 AM
How about 'King Kenny the muppet...and other Hoof shit'?

I don't like change :sulk:

:gp:

Mods change it!!

Master Splinter
23-05-2011, 05:52 PM
Adam > > > Gerrard tbh.

I hope Gerrard plays alot, as it will lead to Liverpool having another mediocre season.

A creative midfielder, winger and some defensive cover could mean a return to the top 4 for Liverpool.

At the expense of Chelsea, of course.

Marc Overmars
23-05-2011, 10:51 PM
Brad Friedel has been offered the opportunity to re-sign for Liverpool this summer after Kenny Dalglish joined Tottenham Hotspur in the chase for the veteran American goalkeeper.

The 40-year-old is out of contract at Aston Villa and talks over an extension at Villa Park are on hold due to the uncertainty over the manager Gérard Houllier's future. That has alerted several Premier League rivals to the prospect of an astute free transfer and it is understood Liverpool and Spurs have emerged as front-runners for his services.

Friedel joined Liverpool from Columbus Crew in 1997 but made only 25 league appearances for the Anfield side over three years before moving to Blackburn Rovers, where he established himself as one of the finest keepers in the Premier League. However, a return to Merseyside would only be as back-up to José Reina, with the Spain international having recently ended doubts over his long-term future at Liverpool, and the prospect of more regular first-team football at White Hart Lane in place of the erratic Heurelho Gomes could work in Harry Redknapp's favour.

West Bromwich Albion are also interested in the former USA international while Villa have not given up hope of convincing him to extend his successful three-year stint in the Midlands. Speaking before the final game of the season on Sunday, a 1-0 win over Liverpool secured by Stewart Downing – another Dalglish target – Friedel said: "The contract talks at this moment have been put on hold because of Mr Houllier's health and also the ongoing court case with Martin O'Neill.

"Myself and my advisors wanted to get to safety first and foremost before we started diving into things of that nature. I still feel very good, I still think I've got a year or two left in the legs and we'll see what happens. I've enjoyed every minute of my three years here, so we'll just have to see what the future brings."

Roy Hodgson, the Albion manager, could decide to turn his attention to Preston's Andy Lonergan, who impressed in the Championship last season and has also been on Birmingham City's radar.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/may/23/brad-friedel-return-liverpool-aston-villa

:unsure:

Cripps_orig
23-05-2011, 10:53 PM
Reina to us? Can it happen?

Jens' Face
23-05-2011, 11:22 PM
screw Reina, we've got Szcjklajalyuuy and you know what? Friedel would be the perfect mentor. And we can sign Howard as our number 3, behind Wookash.

Master Splinter
24-05-2011, 02:30 AM
screw Reina, we've got Szcjklajalyuuy and you know what? Friedel would be the perfect mentor. And we can sign Howard as our number 3, behind Wookash.
And Hahnemann, Guzan and Keller as fourth, fifth and sixth choices?

fakeyank
24-05-2011, 04:40 AM
Liverpool will battle for the title next season. We will be 5th

Boss
24-05-2011, 09:02 AM

Man up ffs.

Shaqiri Is Boss
24-05-2011, 01:14 PM

Nah.

4th at the very best for us.

Shaqiri Is Boss
24-05-2011, 01:43 PM
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/may/23/brad-friedel-return-liverpool-aston-villa

:unsure:

It wouldn't surprise me if there's a coaching aspect to the deal. 2 years at 40? No brainer.

The Adam deal just won't go away and someone who can cross (maybe from Villa) will be our first signings, I think.

StamfordBrdige
24-05-2011, 03:27 PM
Nah.

4th at the very best for us.

I see where you are coming from but i disagree.

Chelsea should be improved next season but we may also suck eggs.
Unless City get another manager, i'm not convinced they'll mount a proper consistent title challenge.
Arsenal will almost certainly repeat the same thing they have been doing for the past few years.

Basically as of right now, 2nd - 5th place is up for grabs and if Liverpool can get some quality players in then i can see them definitely getting 3rd at least.

Niall_Quinn
24-05-2011, 03:40 PM
Arsenal will almost certainly repeat the same thing they have been doing for the past few years.

:gp:

Shaqiri Is Boss
25-05-2011, 06:03 PM
Happy Rome 1977 and Istanbul 2005 Day! :trophy:

Because it's always better to live in the past...

Marc Overmars
25-05-2011, 07:14 PM
I can't believe it's been 6 years already, where has the time gone. I remember it like it was yesterday, I just got in from Football as Crespo scored the 3rd and I was pretty gutted for Liverpool. Then came those 6 minutes and I was like WTF OMG LOL.

The Wengerbabies
06-06-2011, 04:41 PM
Liverpool have supposedly made an £18.5m bid for Jordan Henderson :lol:

Shaqiri Is Boss
06-06-2011, 04:56 PM
That's.... a lot.

McNamara That Ghost...
06-06-2011, 07:10 PM
I think you've toned down the spending a bit now, personally.

GP
06-06-2011, 07:12 PM
Liverpool have supposedly made an £18.5m bid for Jordan Henderson :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqyixwqiCag&feature=related

Cripps_orig
06-06-2011, 07:17 PM
Also going for Lee Cattermole apparently :lol:

Dalglish :bow:

The Wengerbabies
07-06-2011, 02:43 PM
Sunderland want £20m for Henderson

Liverpool have been told they can have Jordan *Henderson if they pay £20million for him.
And that has encouraged Anfield boss Kenny Dalglish to believe he can tie up a shock deal within the next 48 hours.
The Reds are closing in on the England international after upping their offer to £18.5million at the weekend.
Now Sunderland have indicated they are ready to do business, and with Henderson due to fly off on England Under-21 duty tomorrow, Dalglish is keen to wrap up the transfer before then.

Sunderland manager Steve Bruce is resigned to losing his talented young star - who was also a target for Manchester United last summer - and he ready to splash half the cash Henderson's sale will raise on Old Trafford pair Darron Gibson and Wes Brown.
Bruce would also like to sign United striker Danny Welbeck, who spent the whole of last season on loan at the Stadium of Light, and that has made the deal for Henderson possible.
Henderson, 20, is keen on a move to Anfield.
He still has four years left on his contract, but Liverpool are ready to pay him around £4m a season - four times his current wages.
His capture will signal the start of a busy summer for Dalglish, who believes he can also win a fight with United and other big hitters for Blackburn defender Phil Jones.
The Reds boss has also upped his original offer for Newcastle left-back Jose Enrique to £8m, while he has entered negotiations for talented young Ipswich striker Connor Wickham.
Aston Villa's Stewart Downing remains on his wish list, as does Blackpool target Charlie Adam, and the Liverpool manager hopes to finance a summer of spending by raising around £30m in sales, plus an injection of around £40m from the club's American owners.
Dalglish is equally confident his number two Steve Clarke will spurn any attempts by Chelsea to persuade him to return to Stamford Bridge when they appoint a new manager.

Read more: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Liverpool-Manchester-United-Sunderland-transfer-news-Jordan-Henderson-20m-deal-could-go-through-48-hours-Black-Cats-target-Darron-Gibson-Wes-Brown-Danny-Welbeck-article744958.html#ixzz1ObLWU1Ib
Sign up for MirrorFootball's Morning Spy newsletter Register here (http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/profile/?uAction=register)

:lol:

English tax :bow:

Niall_Quinn
07-06-2011, 03:18 PM
Liverpool are ready to pay him around £4m a season
JHC, with the £20mill fee on top plus the bonuses you have to pay these guys to persuade them to perform, this is a close on £40mill player. Insane. Who is he again? £4mill a season, fuuuuuck.

Cripps_orig
07-06-2011, 03:24 PM
How long after their season turns to shit do the Anfield faithful turn on the board for not splashing the cash like they did with Gillette and Hicks?

The fact they gave Rafa fuck knows how much for duds such as Johnson, Mascherano, Keane, Aquilani etc clearly forgotten

Japan Shaking All Over
07-06-2011, 04:31 PM
Liverpool FC transfer spending policy:bow:

Rafa Benitez :bow:

Shaqiri Is Boss
07-06-2011, 05:19 PM
Tabloid rumours :bow:

Sirjackofwilshere
07-06-2011, 05:37 PM
They're after Phil Jones...the one target out of their many that is quality. We've been watching him for a while I think...really hope we try to get him.

Shaqiri Is Boss
07-06-2011, 05:46 PM
They're after Phil Jones...the one target out of their many that is quality. We've been watching him for a while I think...really hope we try to get him.

Who are those many targets?

Sirjackofwilshere
07-06-2011, 05:53 PM
Henderson, Young, Downing...

Shaqiri Is Boss
07-06-2011, 06:03 PM
Wouldn't surprise me to see none of those signed up.

Mata has been linked for the 3rd year running though...

And Doni :unsure:

Cripps_orig
07-06-2011, 06:32 PM
Henderson is quality?

Kano
07-06-2011, 07:09 PM
might be buying what we view as odd choices but their policy outstrips Arsenals.

spot the player you want, get in there and get them no matter what.

remains to be seen how Kenny fairs doing a full season but they are at least making the right noises

Cripps_orig
09-06-2011, 07:22 PM
Breaking news on SSN

Liverpool complete Henderson signing

Shaqiri Is Boss
09-06-2011, 07:39 PM
Comolli said the fee was different to anything he had seen reported. Then justified it by saying it was a fee we were comfortable with paying, which may suggest it was more than reported :unsure: Then again, maybe not.

NGog is still talking to Sunderland though :trophy:

Cripps_orig
09-06-2011, 09:07 PM
SSN says £19.25m

Rors
09-06-2011, 09:12 PM
Sunderland are picking off the scraps a bit aren't they? Getting N'Gog out of this deal, snaffling Brown, Peter Kay and Darron 'The New Lorimer' Gibson from United... Not just a pretty face is Bruce-y.... <_<

Master Splinter
11-06-2011, 01:59 PM
Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard believes Jordan Henderson can one day succeed him as the driving force in the Reds midfield.

England international Henderson, 20, completed his £20m move from Sunderland to Anfield on Thursday.

"It's a really positive signing. Let's hope he is the next Steven Gerrard," he told the Liverpool website.

"Good football clubs replace their best players. Liverpool need a new Gerrard and need a new Jamie Carragher."

Full article here: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13732294.stm (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13732294.stm)

Stevie Me indeed. He should hope he is a better team player than himself and less of a headless chicken for the good of Liverpool's future.

Boss
11-06-2011, 02:07 PM
Apparently he created the 4th most chances in the league last season, quite impressive.

Hope he flops.

Kaiser
11-06-2011, 03:00 PM
Gerrard referring to himself in the third person? Cunt.

Shaqiri Is Boss
11-06-2011, 03:08 PM

I think he's definitely the replacement for Gerrard. Probably not in exactly the same mould as him but a replacement nonetheless.

Now for Carragher's...

Marc Overmars
14-06-2011, 08:40 AM
Charlie Adam in talks.

Shaqiri Is Boss
14-06-2011, 10:32 AM
Oh good.

Exactly what we need....

Although I guess some will be leaving.

Boss
23-06-2011, 06:23 AM
Stewart Downing is on the verge of joining Liverpool after being told by Aston Villa that he is free to leave the club, according to a report in the Daily Mail.

Downing is understood to be on his way to Anfield if the Reds are able to meet the £19 million asking price for the winger. It is believed that new boss Alex McLeish is reluctant to lose the England international, but with recent contract talks at Villa Park stalling, the club may be prepared to take accept a transfer fee and move instead for Charles N'Zogbia from Wigan.

McLeish earlier told the Birmingham Mail that while he was resigned to losing Ashley Young to Manchester United, he was still interested in keeping Downing.

"He is a top player," said McLeish. "He has got a couple of years left on his contract and it is very important that we hold on to Stewart. I want Stewart to stay. I saw his statement. I'll have a go at talking to Stewart and see what happens.

"The guys are on holiday at the moment. When they are back in England I will try and get a meeting with them. I don't know but it seems that Ashley is going to leave. I don't know if the Young one is a fait accompli but I'll certainly be looking to try and keep Stewart."

Liverpool have also been scouting cheaper alternatives to Downing, including Dimitri Payet from St Etienne, but the Englishman is still the club's preferred target.

Meanwhile, the movement at Villa is set to continue, with Rangers confirming they have made an offer to Carlos Cuellar, while McLeish is expected to announce the signing of Germinal Beerschot's Victor Wanyama, despite the midfielder being heavily linked to Swansea and Celtic.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/929832/stewart-downing-closer-to-liverpool-move?cc=4716

Daily Mail ofc, but if there is a god... :pray:

Shaqiri Is Boss
23-06-2011, 10:15 AM
I'll say it again; that's a lot.

Master Splinter
23-06-2011, 06:27 PM
Ronaldo's fee looks pretty reasonable when compared to shite like Young and Downing going for that much.

Dog Toffee
24-06-2011, 10:08 AM
Who needs or wants a Liverpool thread in an Arsenal section forum?

Why not have a Man Utd. one? a Spurs one? a fckin Barca one?

In conclusion- fuck Liverpool.

Marc Overmars
24-06-2011, 10:15 AM
Err, we have a Liverpool fan on here and it's in the non-Arsenal section of the forum.

Cripps_orig
24-06-2011, 10:25 AM
There is a Man Utd thread. Also a Chelsea one, Aston Villa and a West Ham one

Dog Toffee
24-06-2011, 10:43 AM
Oh, apologies. Still, the conclusion remains valid.

McNamara That Ghost...
24-06-2011, 10:53 AM
No, it isn't.

IBK
24-06-2011, 11:11 AM
Is Dog Toffee overdoing the barbiturates today?

Cripps_orig
30-06-2011, 02:37 PM
JOHN W HENRY has insisted Liverpool will not be rushed into overpriced transfer deals.

And the frontman for American owners Fenway Sports Group admitted he is prepared to miss out on stars.
Henry paid Sunderland nearly £20million for England rookie Jordan Henderson, 21.
But he tweeted: "Everything in sport is overpriced. But you make your choices based on a plan. Some things happen early, some late. The big thing is that things happen. Sometimes what you avoid is important."

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3668060/John-W-Henry-vows-not-to-be-ripped-off.html#ixzz1QloUOqsQ

£20m for a shite ass player like Henderson and £35m for a pony tail says differently

Master Splinter
05-07-2011, 06:18 PM
Steven Gerrard will miss Liverpool's pre-season tour of Asia as he continues to recover from two groin operations.

The 31-year-old England midfielder has been out of action since March.

"I'm sure people will appreciate Steven giving himself the best opportunity to play against Sunderland on the opening day of the new campaign," manager Kenny Dalglish told the club website.

"Steven and the medical team are in the final stages of getting him back to full training."

Gerrard initially had surgery after picking up the injury in the win at Chelsea in February and was scheduled to return before the end of last season.

But the Reds captain suffered a setback in his recovery and went under the knife for a second time in April, signalling the end of his campaign.
Continue reading the main story

"I'd really been looking to travelling and meeting first hand as many as our fans as possible," said Gerrard.

"I'm really sorry that I won't now be able to do that.

"But after sitting down and talking with our medical experts, it's been decided that the best course of action is for me to continue my rehabilitation programme at Melwood.

"It's disappointing I won't be with them, but I'm sure the lads who go out there will put a great show on for our fans."

Liverpool will play games in China and Malasyia as well as training in Singapore on the eight-day trip to the Far East, which begins on Sunday.

They begin their Premier League season at home to Sunderland on Saturday, 13 August before travelling to Arsenal a week later.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14032149.stm

Good news for Liverpool.

Not if he goes straight back into the team when he's fit though.

Shaqiri Is Boss
05-07-2011, 06:32 PM
Alright MS we get the idea; you think he's crap.

Let it go :lol:

Master Splinter
05-07-2011, 06:48 PM
Did I ever tell you that Gerrard is crap?

Liverpool would do well to get rid of him.

He's rubbish, you know?

Shaqiri Is Boss
06-07-2011, 01:54 PM
Charlie Adam.

Exciting stuff.

:arry:

Marc Overmars
06-07-2011, 01:57 PM
Seems like Kenny is going for British players only.

Master Splinter
06-07-2011, 02:03 PM
Good signing for Liverpool.

Better than what they have, apart from More Relish.

'Arry will be pissed off he couldn't sign Charlie 'Adams' though.

Shaqiri Is Boss
06-07-2011, 02:12 PM
Seems like Kenny is going for British players only.

British base and then supplement it with foreign players like Suarez. I think. I'd have thought Comolli is the main transfer dealer though.

Saying that I'm not even sure we have a plan.

Japan Shaking All Over
07-07-2011, 04:02 PM
Glen Johnson signs new Liverpool deal

arent you guys getting rid of anyone........keeping the biggest waste of money at LB I see:console:

Shaqiri Is Boss
07-07-2011, 04:50 PM
There's plenty who will hopefully go.

A no legged Glen Johnson is still better than Konchesky.

Boss
13-07-2011, 08:34 AM
Konchesky moves to Leicester.

He had a good one :rose:

McNamara That Ghost...
13-07-2011, 08:49 AM
Agent Woy's influence is waning quite considerably. :(

Shaqiri Is Boss
13-07-2011, 10:30 AM
:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::w oohoo::woohoo:

Cripps_orig
15-07-2011, 04:32 PM
SSN breaking news

Liverpool sign keeper Alexander Doni from Roma

No price is mentioned but knowing Kenny as we do, i wouldnt be surprised if it was £20m+

Shaqiri Is Boss
15-07-2011, 05:00 PM

Nah, I think it was a free.

:wave: Brad Jones.

fakeyank
15-07-2011, 07:46 PM
Liverpool will win the title this season. They have the best team out there- Gerrard, Adam, Ugly woman Carroll, Sewage, Reina, Carragher, Meireles, Lucas and of course King Kenny. No team can stop Liverpool winning their 19th title!

Cripps_orig
26-07-2011, 01:39 PM
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3714235/Liverpool-star-Lucas-set-to-make-shock-exit-from-Anfield.html

FFS

They are clearly going to be challenging for 4th now. I was hoping Lucas would still be a first teamer there

Master Splinter
26-07-2011, 03:40 PM
Lucas is a decent player. Probably their second best midfielder after More Relish.

Cripps_orig
26-07-2011, 03:45 PM
Id put Gerrard ahead of them tbh as much as i think Meireles is awesome.

A fully fit Gerrard for the whole of the season and they have 4th comfortably tbh.

We'll be fighting for 5th

Master Splinter
26-07-2011, 03:52 PM
Id put Gerrard ahead of them tbh as much as i think Meireles is awesome.

A fully fit Gerrard for the whole of the season and they have 4th comfortably tbh.

We'll be fighting for 5th

A fully fit Gerrard led them to seventh in 2009/10.

We've never fought for (under Wenger) fifth and only struggled to get fourth once, despite what your hilariously over-the-top pessimism may tell you.

Cripps_orig
26-07-2011, 03:57 PM
We've never fought for (under Wenger) fifth and only struggled to get fourth once, despite what your hilariously over-the-top pessimism may tell you.
yay

What an achievement :coffee:

08/09 was a struggle as well tbh til Villa threw it away thanks to possibly an even worse manager than Wenger in O'Neil.

Shaqiri Is Boss
26-07-2011, 06:13 PM
A fully fit Gerrard led them to seventh in 2009/10.

And he'll lead us to the treble this season :trophy:

Olivier's xmas twist
30-07-2011, 11:26 AM
Gerrad out until september on ssn now on the yellow bar

Cripps_orig
30-07-2011, 11:28 AM
Good news for us. Liverpool are one of our rivals for 4th so having their star player out will do us good

Master Splinter
30-07-2011, 12:48 PM
OptaJoe Opta Sports
1.59 – In the 2010/11 Premier League season, Liverpool won more points/game without Gerrard (1.59) than they did with him (1.48).

As the saying goes: Liverpool without Gerrard :bow:.

Bad news. Although hopefully Henderson stinks the place up.

McNamara That Ghost...
30-08-2011, 11:09 PM
Coates has finally signed.

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/54777000/jpg/_54777599_54777598.jpg

Not sure that's the best photo the BBC could've found.

Niall_Quinn
30-08-2011, 11:15 PM
Gerrad out until september on ssn now on the yellow bar

September is tomorrow.

Shaqiri Is Boss
31-08-2011, 06:49 PM
September is tomorrow.
He'll struggle to get back into the team..... who am I kidding?

Oh, and Bellamy :lol:

Cripps_orig
31-08-2011, 07:06 PM
If everyones fit, whats liverpools first team?

Shaqiri Is Boss
31-08-2011, 07:13 PM
In all honesty, I haven't got a clue, we might not even have one, which is probably a good thing.

Reina
Johnson
Agger
Carragher
Enrique
Gerrard
Lucas
Adam
Downing
Suarez
Carroll

You could easily swap Adam and Meireles and Kelly in for Johnson (Johnson could even have a go at right wing which would be a laugh).

Cripps_orig
31-08-2011, 07:17 PM
Just compared to the Arsenal first 11 and i think Liverpool takes it 8-3, 7-4 at best

Shaqiri Is Boss
31-08-2011, 07:35 PM
Just compared to the Arsenal first 11 and i think Liverpool takes it 8-3, 7-4 at best
Who are the 3/4?

Cripps_orig
31-08-2011, 07:39 PM
Sagna over Johnson, Vermaelen over Agger, RVP over Carroll

One im not sure about is Wilshere. If i compare him with Lucas then Wilshere wins. If with Gerrard, then he doesnt

Shaqiri Is Boss
31-08-2011, 07:42 PM
Can't argue.

Shaqiri Is Boss
31-08-2011, 10:13 PM
Meireles

Maybe not :lol:

KESSLER
01-09-2011, 02:31 PM
Apparently Liverpool have yet to field a non-white player this season :o

Shaqiri Is Boss
01-09-2011, 02:47 PM
Apparently Liverpool have yet to field a non-white player this season :o
:lol: Maybe that's the real explanation behind Johnson's "injury"...

I'd be more worried by our potential front 3.... you can be bitten, punched or smacked with a golf club. It's good to have options up front.

Cripps_orig
11-09-2011, 12:58 PM
FRUSTRATED Kenny Dalglish will consult Liverpool's owners over tackling his problems with refereeing decisions.

The Kop boss claims poor officiating has regularly cost his men this season, notably when their unbeaten start to the season ended with Stoke's 1-0 victory on Saturday.

Dalglish felt ref Mark Clattenburg got it wrong by awarding Jon Walters' 20th minute penalty winner - and in denying Liverpool spot-kicks of their own, particularly when Luis Suarez's cross hit Matthew Upson's late on.

Former Newcastle and Blackburn chief Dalglish will discuss his next move with his club's principal owner John Henry and chairman Tom Werner of Fenway Sports Group.

Dalglish said: "We would like to be respectful to referees - and I'd like to think I have been - but more importantly than being respectful to the referees is having respect for my football club," he said.

"If I feel they are suffering in any shape or form I will need to go the same route other people go and see if we can gain some benefit from that.

"The first four league games have had contentious decisions in them and every one has gone against us.

"I'll speak to the owners first and see what they say because the last thing I want to do is for my behaviour to impinge on the club's success in any way."

But, unlike many top-flight counterparts, Dalglish stressed he had no issues with Stoke's style - in fact, praising their determination and resilience.

But he felt his side deserved more - after disagreeing with Clattenburg that Jamie Carragher had fouled Walters for the penalty.

Dalglish added: "I think it is a bit of an understatement to say we deserved something from the game.

"We can only do what we can do ourselves, sometimes other things are taken outside your jurisdiction.

"If we continue to play with the same attitude and commitment then we will be okay this season.

"But if we continually get battered by things outside of our control we are not going to get much chance.

"We don't have any complaint about Stoke. Tey played hard and played well, they got the goal and defended courageously at times and maybe at times they got a bit of luck.

"We don't have anything but appreciation for the way they played and the way they held on to win the game.

"There is nothing for me to say which is anything other than complimentary to Tony and Stoke.

"But I just cannot see how it is a penalty kick."

But Stoke boss Tony Pulis said: "I think Kenny will be as biased to his team as I am to Stoke.

"I respect his opinion and whether the decisions were (less than impartial) or not I don't know.

"We were pretty poor in possession of the ball today and we are better than that but we were top drawer off the ball.

"We stopped them playing, although I thought Suarez up front was fantastic."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3807397/Frustrated-Kenny-Dalglish-to-quiz-Liverpool-owners-over-ref-mishaps.html

Has he forgotten the match at the Emirates?

Shaqiri Is Boss
11-09-2011, 08:32 PM
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3807397/Frustrated-Kenny-Dalglish-to-quiz-Liverpool-owners-over-ref-mishaps.html

Has he forgotten the match at the Emirates?
He probably has, tbf.

It wasn't great.

Ollie the Optimist
12-09-2011, 05:52 PM
someone needs to tell kenny that both goals they scored against us to win were offside

Shaqiri Is Boss
12-09-2011, 08:19 PM
someone needs to tell kenny that both goals they scored against us to win were offside
As Suarez didn't touch the ball or stop the defender from getting it, I think that technically means he wasn't offside.

And the second goal was onside because he was not interfering with play when in an offside position as the pass wasn't played to him, and was onside by the time he got the pass from Meireles.

Can't think what went against us in that game though.

Rors
24-09-2011, 11:15 AM
Once again KD getting somewhat rattled about having to answer questions on Carroll. I think he knows - and we're beginning to know he knows - that he has nobody else on his hands with him other than the new Michael Robinson.

Shaqiri Is Boss
24-09-2011, 02:49 PM
Once again KD getting somewhat rattled about having to answer questions on Carroll. I think he knows - and we're beginning to know he knows - that he has nobody else on his hands with him other than the new Michael Robinson.
The new Emile William Ivanhoe Heskey?

Something for you to look forward to I guess...

Rors
24-09-2011, 02:51 PM
The new Emile William Ivanhoe Heskey?

Something for you to look forward to I guess...

2017/2018 can't come quick enough...

Cripps_orig
30-09-2011, 06:09 PM
The Indian Jonjo Shelvey joins Blackpool on loan

Syn
30-09-2011, 11:24 PM
The Indian Jonjo Shelvey joins Blackpool on loan

They have signed him for marketing reasons.

*Sigh* We need Yoss to man up and recover from depression or whatever the fuck he has. Our only source of entertainment on here is Ollie.

Cripps_orig
01-10-2011, 03:23 PM
They have signed him for marketing reasons.

*Sigh* We need Yoss to man up and recover from depression or whatever the fuck he has. Our only source of entertainment on here is Ollie.

:blink:

He has depression? Really?

Did someone tell him to man up?

McNamara That Ghost...
13-10-2011, 12:21 PM
So Ian Ayre has called to stop sharing international TV rights for the Premier League across all clubs equally.

And Dave Whelan has responded by saying it would kill Wigan and Blackeye. I am sure there are more convincing arguments against it out there somewhere.

Coney
13-10-2011, 12:38 PM
So Ian Ayre has called to stop sharing international TV rights for the Premier League across all clubs equally.

And Dave Whelan has responded by saying it would kill Wigan and Blackeye. I am sure there are more convincing arguments against it out there somewhere.

Yes - like killing half of the PL clubs in the first year and squeezing out most of the others over the next few. While I want us to be top dog and beat competition, there would be less satisfaction in a competition where there was no realist opposition other than a the rich clubs - the ones who could benefit from this - i.e. chavs, manu, Liverpool and the Arsenal. (Citeh less so as although they have a sugar daddy, they don't have the same appeal internationally.

This is the real danger of business people just running the clubs for profit regardless of the needs of the game. We don't want the Spanish system of 2 clubs and then just also-rans. If that means we (PL teams) risk some success in European competition, I'd rather we did that and kept the PL with some semblence of open competition - it is difficult enough for a lot of clubs as it is without the situation being worstened.

McNamara That Ghost...
13-10-2011, 12:44 PM
I'm definitely not for this and the above post was more that I don't really like Blackeye and Wigan. :ninja: However I'd say we're already in 'danger' of having two clubs that will be the main two and by some distance (like you say Real Madrid and Barcelona do have their own TV deals of course). The idea though (and Dave Whelan said this) that La Liga is not competitive elsewhere in the league is a fallacy. Or do we only determine a league's competitive quality by how many teams are likely to win its own league? And if that is the case then La Liga have had as many league winners as the Premier League has, starting from 04/05.

Marc Overmars
13-10-2011, 02:04 PM
Chelsea and United have been the main 2 for years now. Before that it was ourselves and United of course. Now it looks like City may be the latest name to occupy the top 2. Very rarely has it been realistic to say more than 2 clubs can win the league over here. People talk about the top 4-5 here like there's an intense competition, when it's not really the case. It's always the top 2 and 3rd and 4th tend to be the also rans.

As for sharing the TV rights. People don't watch the pub teams abroad, they watch a small handful of big clubs. So you can understand why they'd like to maximise this revenue.

I doubt it would be allowed to happen though because of little Englanders like Whelan objecting.

Olivier's xmas twist
10-11-2011, 11:09 PM
Kenny Dalglish has attacked the football authorities for their inability to rearrange fixtures and stop Liverpool playing two crucial games in 48 hours.
The Reds will now have to play in the quarter-final of the Carling Cup (http://topics.skysports.com/Carling+Cup/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif at Chelsea (http://topics.skysports.com/chelsea/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif on November 29th, just two days after hosting Manchester City (http://topics.skysports.com/Manchester+City/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif in the Premier League at Anfield.
"It is disgraceful in this day and age that players are being asked to play a key Premier League game and then a quarter-final in London just 48 hours later," Dalglish (http://topics.skysports.com/Kenny+Dalglish/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif told the club's official website.
"It's understandable with the Spurs v POAK Salonika match and the TUC rally that the Met Police have said that our game cannot be played on the Wednesday.
"But it's surely the duty of the football authorities to think of other solutions which consider the welfare of the players and this clearly hasn't happened."
Liverpool (http://topics.skysports.com/liverpool/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif have won the League Cup seven times and, along with Manchester City, have often played strong outfits in this competition.
Think carefullyYet, Dalglish feels their loyalty to the tournament is not being reciprocated, as City themselves have to travel to the Emirates to face Arsenal (http://topics.skysports.com/arsenal/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif two days after their league game.
"Here you have two clubs who have treated this competition with the utmost respect over the years and they are being treated like this," added.
"I'd be interested to know what the sponsors think of the situation and what it does for the reputation of the competition."
He continued: "We've got the situation that both ourselves and Manchester City were happy for the League game to be moved back to the Saturday so we both had proper time to prepare, but again we are told by the Premier League that this is not possible either for TV reasons and just to get on with it.
"The one thing I will say to our fans is to think carefully before buying tickets for the League Cup game because we do not want them spending their money and then we decide there is no other option but to use only young players in the tie."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/7302159/Dalglish-s-fixture-fury

Kenny needs to STFU tbh

IBK
11-11-2011, 11:03 AM
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/7302159/Dalglish-s-fixture-fury

Kenny needs to STFU tbh

Wonder if he'll be sanctioned like Ian Holloway for failing to put out his best team. Doubt it.

Master Splinter
11-11-2011, 11:24 AM
Us and United played Sunday and Tuesday in the last round.

Would he be crying if they had Cardiff at home?

All the top teams have big squads now. And Liverpool don't have to play in Europe either.

So yeah, STFU and deal with it Kenny. He's very annoying.

Shaqiri Is Boss
11-11-2011, 01:06 PM
So we'll play a weaker team against Chelsea and strongest in the league against City.

Unless he's bluffing. It's not like we're going to win anything else....

In the end though, does anyone really care? No.

Cripps_orig
11-11-2011, 02:45 PM
Us and United played Sunday and Tuesday in the last round.

Would he be crying if they had Cardiff at home?

All the top teams have big squads now. And Liverpool don't have to play in Europe either.

So yeah, STFU and deal with it Kenny. He's very annoying.

This.

The amount this twat moans is very annoying.

Cripps_orig
16-11-2011, 05:56 PM
SSN breaking news

Suarez charged by the FA over the racism thing with Evra

He will plead not guilty

Ollie the Optimist
16-11-2011, 06:56 PM
if suarez found not guilty, will anything happen to evra for lying?

Niall_Quinn
16-11-2011, 08:42 PM

Yes, he'll have to pay a 2 week fine and then be crushed to death by having breeze blocks piled on him by Suarez, Henry and everyone else who totally hates the cunt (which is an awful lot of brick layers tbf). I'm not certain about that last part involving the bricks, maybe that doesn't happen (but it should and even if Suarez is found guilty). I'm not 100% sure about the fine either. In fact now I think about it, no, I doubt anything will happen to the moaning, whining, big mouth cunt. He can dish it out, can't he? Always spouting shit from that gash on the front of his repulsive face. Seems he can't take it though. No surprise. The cunt.

Coney
16-11-2011, 09:08 PM

It depends. If Suarez is found not guilty due to lack of evidence, then Evra could also be found not guilty of lying due to the same lack of evidence. It is quite possible you can't prove it either way.

Flavs
16-11-2011, 09:49 PM
It depends. If Suarez is found not guilty due to lack of evidence, then Evra could also be found not guilty of lying due to the same lack of evidence. It is quite possible you can't prove it either way.

Not really, the FA have him on tape calling Evra a "nig nog golly-wog" over and over" Liverpool and Manchester police are said to be looking into the matter of how well Suarez can speak english

Kano
16-11-2011, 09:56 PM
i read something the other day about this, where it was suggested that suarez may have said 'negrito', apparently a spanish slang term not meant to represent what the word obviously looks like. still, the spanish aren't renowned for acceptance of black people so it all sounds very weak.

suarez will get off, as he should, as there is no way of ever finding out the truth here.

and if they can transfer his charges to terry and make sure 'JT' is hounded out of the country, then who would really complain?

Niall_Quinn
16-11-2011, 10:02 PM
and if they can transfer his charges to terry and make sure 'JT' is hounded out of the country, then who would really complain?

I doubt things will be sorted out in such a fair manner as this. More likely it will be a whitewash - oops.

Coney
16-11-2011, 10:20 PM
I doubt things will be sorted out in such a fair manner as this. More likely it will be a whitewash - oops.

If it isn't a whitewash, he will be blackballed.

McNamara That Ghost...
18-11-2011, 09:32 AM
I don't see the point in charging him if there is not enough evidence to support it but in any case, what kind of ban would he receive? I can't think of (m)any precadents for it.

IBK
18-11-2011, 10:20 AM
Yes, he'll have to pay a 2 week fine and then be crushed to death by having breeze blocks piled on him by Suarez, Henry and everyone else who totally hates the cunt (which is an awful lot of brick layers tbf). I'm not certain about that last part involving the bricks, maybe that doesn't happen (but it should and even if Suarez is found guilty). I'm not 100% sure about the fine either. In fact now I think about it, no, I doubt anything will happen to the moaning, whining, big mouth cunt. He can dish it out, can't he? Always spouting shit from that gash on the front of his repulsive face. Seems he can't take it though. No surprise. The cunt.

I agree. Evra is a massive, MASSIVE cunt. In fact there are few people in this world I hate more. Xavi? I remember I despised Van Nistelroy back in the day too...

Shaqiri Is Boss
18-11-2011, 10:27 AM
I don't see the point in charging him if there is not enough evidence to support it but in any case, what kind of ban would he receive? I can't think of (m)any precadents for it.
It's the FA, they're probably just bored. Or it's part of the whole United conspiracy thing; if you read RAWK.

I just hope Terry isn't "warned about his future conduct".

It'll be interesting when the Chelsea fans start chanting about Suarez though...

McNamara That Ghost...
18-11-2011, 10:39 AM
Some of them would cheer for him I imagine.

Marc Overmars
18-11-2011, 10:42 AM
Gus Poyet hinted that Suarez called him negro, but has defended it because it's just how they refer to "people of colour" in South America.

Flavs
18-11-2011, 12:00 PM
Gus Poyet hinted that Suarez called him negro, but has defended it because it's just how they refer to "people of colour" in South America.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15789703.stm

I love the bit where he says "we use different words in different situations" What like using the words "fucking french nigger bastard" when talking to Patrice Evra? I am just waiting for the "some of Luiz's best friends are black" comments to start

Also he said "I just called him what his united team mates call him"?? What "Jumped up little prick"?

Syn
18-11-2011, 12:33 PM
Racial abuse is a disgusting thing.

However....

It's 'big boys don't cry' Evra on the receiving end. So I don't really care. Fuck the ugly little prick.

GP
18-11-2011, 12:54 PM
Suarez insists he has nothing aganst black people, and believes everyone should own one.

Flavs
18-11-2011, 02:11 PM

However....

It's 'big boys don't cry' Evra on the receiving end. So I don't really care. Fuck the ugly little prick.

So by that rational if it were a more likeable black person then the abuse would b e racial? Lenny Henry for instance...

Syn
18-11-2011, 02:14 PM
So by that rational if it were a more likeable black person then the abuse would b e racial? Lenny Henry for instance...

I'm not saying Suarez wasn't being racist. Tbh, I have no interest in the story - I don't know if he has been found guilty of the charge or not or when the hearing is or if there is a hearing or what's going on or what isn't going on. But I'm just saying I don't care because it's Evra. If it was likeable black person like Lenny Henry, I still wouldn't really care too much but I'd care a bit more than nothing - which is what I care for Evra.

Niall_Quinn
18-11-2011, 02:46 PM

You destroyed your own argument with the Lenny Henry thing.

Master Splinter
18-11-2011, 03:01 PM
You destroyed your own argument with the Lenny Henry thing.

It's not his fault there's no likeable black people to choose from.

Cripps_orig
18-11-2011, 03:02 PM
It's not his fault there's no likeable black people to choose from.Ainsley Harriot

McNamara That Ghost...
18-11-2011, 05:40 PM

However....

Suarez being out for a while surely helps us. Hope he's banned for six years tbf.

McNamara That Ghost...
18-11-2011, 05:44 PM
It's not his fault there's no likeable black people to choose from.

Kanu isn't likeable? WTF?

Marc Overmars
18-11-2011, 05:52 PM
Didn't realise Kanu was still at Pompey. :wacko:

What a man.

GP
18-11-2011, 05:57 PM
Didn't realise Kanu was still at Pompey. :wacko:

What a man.

What is he now, 63?

McNamara That Ghost...
18-11-2011, 06:24 PM
Probably. 35, officially. :haha:

GP
18-11-2011, 06:37 PM
We were still in Woolwich when he played for us.

Xhaka Can’t
18-11-2011, 06:51 PM
Didn't realise Kanu was black. :wacko:

What a man.

Easy mistake.

McNamara That Ghost...
19-11-2011, 09:13 PM
Brad Jones' son died from leukemia last night. :(

GP
19-11-2011, 09:58 PM
Very sad.

McNamara That Ghost...
30-11-2011, 06:39 PM
Lucas is out long term with a knee injury (cruciate?), I can't find any specific article about it but I have read somewhere between 6-9 months. Big blow for them, he has been much, much improved in the last year or so. Also, Jonjo Shelvey has been recalled from his loan spell with Blackpool so it has to be long term.

Syn
30-11-2011, 06:50 PM
Wow - he was turning into a bit of a fans' favourite wasn't he? Was given MOTM against Chelsea (or Man City?...I don't know, one of the big games I watched) in the league IIRC.

Shaqiri Is Boss
30-11-2011, 06:52 PM
It would be typical if it was a long-term injury - which it would seem to be - because he has been very good this season. Probably our best player this season, even though some still wouldn't like to admit it.

Master Splinter
30-11-2011, 06:52 PM
Sounds like King Kenny listened to my calls to bring Shelvey back.

Lucas has been one of Liverpool's best players for the last few seasons.

Shaqiri Is Boss
01-12-2011, 03:20 PM
Fuck.

McNamara That Ghost...
01-12-2011, 03:22 PM
Lucas is out for the season then and probably a bit of the next.

Cripps_orig
01-12-2011, 03:55 PM
Bad news for the rest of the premiership that.

Then again, ive rarely seen Liverpool play recently, Is he still as shit he was?

Master Splinter
01-12-2011, 05:01 PM
Well no, he's not shit and never was that bad. Certainly never on Song v Fulham levels.

I'm sure you probably knew that though.

Syn
01-12-2011, 05:48 PM

Why are you talking to yourself?

Cripps_orig
01-12-2011, 05:55 PM
Well no, he's not shit and never was that bad. Certainly never on Song v Fulham levels.

Song v Fulham :lol:

Now that was bad. The critisism he got on here after that, ive never seen before and since for a player. Only one supported him and knew he'd come good.

Me :bow:

Oh and as for Lucas, he was woefully bad previouslyback when Liverpool actually looked like challenging for the title but the standards have dropped since and maybe Lucas is accepted more cos of it

Master Splinter
07-12-2011, 06:50 PM
Liverpool and Suarez charged:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16043901.stm

King Kenny :haha:.

Ollie the Optimist
07-12-2011, 06:52 PM
suarez is a cunt. cant stand the diving fucker. hated him ever since the disgrace of the WC

Shaqiri Is Boss
07-12-2011, 06:55 PM
I'm sure he's devastated.

Marc Overmars
07-12-2011, 06:56 PM
suarez is a cunt. cant stand the diving fucker. hated him ever since the disgrace of the WC

Nothing wrong with what he did against Ghana tbf.

Master Splinter
07-12-2011, 07:02 PM
Suarez just plays the game.

If the football world lets cheats prosper, then cheats will continue to cheat.

I'd love Suarez here.

And you'd all love his superb WUMmery tbf.

GP
07-12-2011, 07:46 PM

The handball? Harsh to hate someone for that.

Not his fault Ghana bottled the pelanty.

Master Splinter
07-12-2011, 07:47 PM
Gyan :haha:.

GP
07-12-2011, 09:06 PM
Gyan :haha:.

This.

V-Pig
08-12-2011, 07:22 AM
I hope Suarez is victimised and hounded out of the Premier League. Dirty, racist cheat can fuck off and die. He's everything that's wrong with the modern game. And no, I haven't forgotten Ghana either.

Boss
08-12-2011, 10:04 AM
Suarez against Ghana :bow: :bow:

Brilliant tactical play to help his team progress.

Master Splinter
08-12-2011, 06:53 PM
Kenny cracking up again:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16086553.stm

Does he ever stop crying?

Marc Overmars
08-12-2011, 06:56 PM
He has a point this time I think. Will The FA be happy to reduce bans now when clubs come calling for similar challenges?

Cripps_orig
08-12-2011, 06:58 PM
Talked about this on Talksport.

Apparently FA and UEFA have different rules so Kenny doesnt have a leg to stand on. Durhams words, not mine

Master Splinter
10-12-2011, 05:30 AM
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/dec/08/kenny-dalglish-liverpool-video-unfair-treatment

King Kenny :haha:.

Rafa 2 :bow:.

I wonder if he'll get mocked like Rafa?

:rolleyes:

Xhaka Can’t
10-12-2011, 08:56 AM
This place would explode with indignation and embarrassment if Wenger even mentioned something similar never mind bringing out a DVD of his grievances.

And at Tottenham, they'd probably release the DVD in time for Christmas.

Shaqiri Is Boss
10-12-2011, 05:12 PM
He's got a point.

Regardless of who is in charge if the FA appeal Rooney petulantly kicking someone, how do they expect managers accepting bans for much lesser offences?

Also, I was fully against Suarez with the finger, but seeing the number of players who have got no comeback (incidentally all English media darlings) we should kick and scream all the way.

It would be nice if all teams and players were treated equally, but until then, fuck it.

Thanks Syn :lol:

Syn
10-12-2011, 05:14 PM
I suspect you better change that typo before some pedantic prick tries to make an unfunny comment about it.

But yes, obviously Dalglish has a point. If it was Samba with the ban, would it have been reduced? No chance in hell.

Shaqiri Is Boss
20-12-2011, 08:00 PM
Fuck.

Marc Overmars
20-12-2011, 08:02 PM
Suarez banned for 8 matches apparently

:haha:

Shaqiri Is Boss
20-12-2011, 08:03 PM
And a 40k fine.

McNamara That Ghost...
20-12-2011, 08:04 PM

Awesome.

Kano
20-12-2011, 08:24 PM
wow. that's amazing. guilty and 8 games.

opens up all sorts of questions about his time left in england, even if liverpool stick by him.

Shaqiri Is Boss
20-12-2011, 08:26 PM
Indeed. It will be interesting to see what the evidence is, if they ever release it.

McNamara That Ghost...
20-12-2011, 08:27 PM
Not forgetting he still has the (inevitable) ban from the Fulham game to be given.

Marc Overmars
20-12-2011, 08:27 PM
Would be pretty good if he left tbh.

McNamara That Ghost...
20-12-2011, 08:37 PM
Liverpool FC Statement:

Liverpool Football Club is very surprised and disappointed with the decision of the Football Association Commission to find Luis Suarez guilty of the charges against him.

We look forward to the publication of the Commission's Judgment. We will study the detailed reasons of the Commission once they become available, but reserve our right to appeal or take any other course of action we feel appropriate with regards to this situation.

We find it extraordinary that Luis can be found guilty on the word of Patrice Evra alone when no-one else on the field of play - including Evra's own Manchester United teammates and all the match officials - heard the alleged conversation between the two players in a crowded Kop goalmouth while a corner kick was about to be taken.

The Club takes extremely seriously the fight against all forms of discrimination and has a long and successful track record in work relating to anti-racist activity and social inclusion. We remain committed to this ideal and equality for all, irrespective of a person's background.

LFC considers racism in any form to be unacceptable - without compromise. It is our strong held belief, having gone over the facts of the case, that Luis Suarez did not commit any racist act. It is also our opinion that the accusation by this particular player was not credible - certainly no more credible than his prior unfounded accusations.

It is key to note that Patrice Evra himself in his written statement in this case said 'I don't think that Luis Suarez is racist'. The FA in their opening remarks accepted that Luis Suarez was not racist.

Luis himself is of a mixed race family background as his grandfather was black. He has been personally involved since the 2010 World Cup in a charitable project which uses sport to encourage solidarity amongst people of different backgrounds with the central theme that the colour of a person's skin does not matter; they can all play together as a team.

He has played with black players and mixed with their families whilst with the Uruguay national side and was Captain at Ajax Amsterdam of a team with a proud multi-cultural profile, many of whom became good friends.

It seems incredible to us that a player of mixed heritage should be accused and found guilty in the way he has based on the evidence presented. We do not recognise the way in which Luis Suarez has been characterised.

It appears to us that the FA were determined to bring charges against Luis Suarez, even before interviewing him at the beginning of November. Nothing we have heard in the course of the hearing has changed our view that Luis Suarez is innocent of the charges brought against him and we will provide Luis with whatever support he now needs to clear his name.

We would also like to know when the FA intend to charge Patrice Evra with making abusive remarks to an opponent after he admitted himself in his evidence to insulting Luis Suarez in Spanish in the most objectionable of terms. Luis, to his credit, actually told the FA he had not heard the insult.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/liverpool-fc-statement-8

Not sure what to make of that. Seems a bit strange to use the clubs website as a place to effectively say - they're wrong. I guess I can understand the defense of Suarez's character though, even if it doesn't mean a huge amount.

Syn
20-12-2011, 08:39 PM
Suarez has had plenty of time to make his case. The way the law works is that you aren't punished unless there is significant evidence that you did the crime. So in all probability he said something racist. I'm glad the FA have taken a strong stance. 8 games is more than a slap on the wrist, the £40k on the other hand is insignificant. TT's point is a good one. He will always be labelled a racist because that's the way it works - takes forever to build a good reputation and an instant to piss it all away. If he doesn't mind that, he'll have a future in England. If he does - and it's a bigger thing to deal with than being labelled a cheat or a diver - then he might be looking to move away in the summer. Maybe to Italy where this kinda thing isn't given a second thought.

Nothing wrong with players who are guilty being punished. I had no problem with Eduardo getting a ban for diving as long as it was consistently applied. What we found was Ashley Young dived twice in the same week and was given nothing so the Eduardo punishment was scrapped.

GP
20-12-2011, 08:48 PM
Sets a precedent, that does.

Flavs
20-12-2011, 08:50 PM
8 games and a 3rd of a weeks wages?

the FA :rose:

Rors
20-12-2011, 08:55 PM
Luis himself is of a mixed race family background as his grandfather was black
So?!! That's below feeble.

Kano
20-12-2011, 08:57 PM
terry and carroll are probably pretty worried tonight.

suarez has admitted he used that spanish word which i think means black or something similar. either way it seems hard to separate use of that word from something offensive in the context of a competitive match, it's not exactly the arena for a one on one conversation about each others heritage.

blokes will say all kinds of scummy things to upset someone else but it doesn't make them racist unless it's something they believe or part of their outlook on life. wouldn't be surprised he said something to only wind him the fuck up, the world cup and general conniving in the prem fits the profile. (although, what a player).

hope kenny can handle the pressure cooker this time round...

McNamara That Ghost...
20-12-2011, 09:02 PM
So?!! That's below feeble.

http://images.mirror.co.uk/upl/m4/nov2011/4/8/image-6-for-editorial-pics-18-11-11-gallery-557685580.jpg

Rors
20-12-2011, 09:07 PM
http://images.mirror.co.uk/upl/m4/nov2011/4/8/image-6-for-editorial-pics-18-11-11-gallery-557685580.jpg

They learned from the best...

Dennis Bendtner
20-12-2011, 09:17 PM
My fantasy team has taken a hit.

Wonder if they will lay the smackdown with a frivolous appeal charge.

Cripps_orig
20-12-2011, 09:18 PM
Most importantly, do we play Liverpool in their next 8 games?

Shaqiri Is Boss
20-12-2011, 09:21 PM
Most importantly, do we play Liverpool in their next 8 games?
It doesn't come into effect for at least 2 weeks and if we appeal that could add another few weeks onto the proceedings. Plus there's the Fulham charge to come yet. So it could easily keep him out of the return game, yes.

Master Splinter
20-12-2011, 09:46 PM
Terry to get away with it again.

And most importantly, his heroic escape from a nefarious charge will be laughed off on MOTD, Sky, ITV.

Master Splinter
20-12-2011, 09:47 PM
Although:

Suarez :haha:.

Dennis Bendtner
20-12-2011, 09:53 PM
We would also like to know when the FA intend to charge Patrice Evra with making abusive remarks to an opponent after he admitted himself in his evidence to insulting Luis Suarez in Spanish in the most objectionable of terms. Luis, to his credit, actually told the FA he had not heard the insult.

Does anyone know what this is about?

Evra is a thundercunt, in all fairness.

Syn
20-12-2011, 10:01 PM
Terry to get away with it again.

And most importantly, his heroic escape from a nefarious charge will be laughed off on MOTD, Sky, ITV.

Rightly so.

Just a bit of banter. You know what the boys are like. You must've heard all sorts of things in your day, Andy. 'Course in those days, you could just laugh it off and share a pint after the game. There was clearly no intent involved. The foreigner was just a little bit too quick for him.

Rors
20-12-2011, 10:17 PM
@kennethdalglish
Kenneth Dalglish
Very disappointed with today's verdict. This is the time when @luis16suarez needs our full support. Let's not let him walk alone. KD

Tick tick tick...

V-Pig
20-12-2011, 10:21 PM
Fuck Kenny Dalglish. The use of racist language is never justified, no matter how much the person uses it convinces themselves that they themselves "aren't that sort of person". To sit there defending it, just because his team is dependent on the racist scrote, makes him look pathetic.

Syn
20-12-2011, 10:23 PM
Relying on a racist is pretty desperate. They should become like us and rely on a rapist.

Dennis Bendtner
20-12-2011, 10:24 PM
Never walk alone http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/8530/55ms9.gif

They'll be lapping it up, no doubt.

Rors
20-12-2011, 10:27 PM
Never walk alone http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/8530/55ms9.gif

They'll be lapping it up, no doubt.

As most of the replies to those comments by KD prove... Just pathetic - and very worrying - people can't look beyond "The Team They Have Supported Since Birth" TM on an issue that actually has very little to do with football.

Rors
20-12-2011, 10:39 PM
"That's the language they use in South America" - Mark Lawrenson

And how the hell would you know? It's easy to see and hear how utterly myopic you are when it comes to anybody and anything outside these isles most weeks, so that 'argument' is dead before it even begins, "Lawro"....

Marc Overmars
20-12-2011, 11:21 PM
They love a victim.

Joker
20-12-2011, 11:26 PM
Tim Vickery's take on it all:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16262537.stm

Cripps_orig
20-12-2011, 11:34 PM
Premiership will be a poorer place without him. Hope he comes back and scores a hat trick v Mancs

Olivier's xmas twist
20-12-2011, 11:58 PM
Terry to get away with it again. And most importantly, his heroic escape from a nefarious charge will be laughed off on MOTD, Sky, ITV.

No way he can after this, there'd be a backlash from clubs and even countries from abroad if he got off.

Olivier's xmas twist
20-12-2011, 11:59 PM
Premiership will be a poorer place without him. Hope he comes back and scores a hat trick v Mancs

Meh feck him tbh, deserves all he gets.

Coney
21-12-2011, 12:00 AM
No vway he can after this, there'd be a backlash from clubs and even countries from abroad if he got off.

Since there is clear video evidence in the case of Terry, he should get at least the same and possibly more. Now we need some racists comments from the Citeh squad to even things out.

Rors
21-12-2011, 12:05 AM
From you-know-where:

Siege mentality required throughout the club now, let's stick together.
Mr Alex Ferguson's shitting himself that we may be back on our perch in the next few years, Murdoch's media empire hates us because they'll never defeat us.
Suarez has been made a scapegoat. Murdoch's media will milk this!
And you know what? I fucking love it!
The team are beginning to epitomize 'The Shankly/Kenny Way' and together, along with the support of Fenway Sports, we are going to conquer the World again!

ARRRGH!!!

Marc Overmars
21-12-2011, 12:10 AM
RAWK at its best there. :bow:

Ollie the Optimist
21-12-2011, 12:11 AM
actually cant believe liverpool have used the he isnt a racist his best friend is black excuse. (ok grandfather in this case) its pathetic.

Olivier's xmas twist
21-12-2011, 12:12 AM
and @Coney:

There's a big difference between the cases.

The FA didn't need to prove that Suarez made a racist comment. Suarez admitted he did, but he was pleading ignorance on the grounds that it's an accepted jokey reference from where he comes from. Once it has been established that a racist remark was made, the FA was always going to act strongly considering the fuss about racism in football recently.

In John Terry's case, he denies it outright. Whether you think it's 99% clear from the video or not that he said 'black cunt', the FA is forced into proving it which is more difficult. And I think they'll look to make it as difficult as possible. John Terry's in the clear IMO.

He admitted he said it but did not mean it in that way. End of the day we know that if the Fa fined him gulity they'd have no choice but to strip him off the armband, they may not want egg on their faces so may let him go.

Syn
21-12-2011, 12:14 AM
He admitted he said it but did not mean it in that way. End of the day we know that if the Fa fined him gulity they'd have no choice but to strip him off the armband, they may not want egg on their faces so may let him go.

Nah, surely not?!

Not sure how many ways there are to interpret 'black cunt'...John Terry's thick but I'm sure even he knows that Anton Ferdinand isn't a vagina.

Ollie the Optimist
21-12-2011, 12:16 AM
Nah, surely not?!

Not sure how many ways there are to interpret 'black cunt'...John Terry's thick but I'm sure even he knows that Anton Ferdinand isn't a vagina.

think terrys story is that he did say it but he said it because he was telling ferdinand that he diddnt call him a black cunt. he admits to using the words but says he only said them as he was saying he didnt say them

V-Pig
21-12-2011, 07:07 AM
In fairness, it sounds as though John Terry's got slightly smarter legal representation... But still, no one believes that bullshit.

Thierrymon
21-12-2011, 07:32 AM
RAWK at its best there. :bow:

My mind is blown every time i go on that site. How can humans be this deluded?

Saw this on there: http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=284310.0 :lol:

V-Pig
21-12-2011, 07:47 AM
I am slightly worried that the Suarez ban has been labelled a "deterrent". That makes it seem as though their Terry one will be less harsh, because they'll already have made an example of Suarez. And Terry's should be longer. Because he's more of a cunt.

Thierrymon
21-12-2011, 07:52 AM
I am slightly worried that the Suarez ban has been labelled a "deterrent". That makes it seem as though their Terry one will be less harsh, because they'll already have made an example of Suarez. And Terry's should be longer. Because he's more of a cunt.

:lol: its funny cause its true. Although Suarez is a massive cunt as well.

McNamara That Ghost...
21-12-2011, 10:14 AM
Worth remembering Big Man's case has been investigated by the police firstly, not the FA. At least not yet anyway.

Also, it is the CPS that are to make a statement regarding him this afternoon.

Coney
21-12-2011, 11:37 AM
Worth remembering Big Man's case has been investigated by the police firstly, not the FA. At least not yet anyway.

Also, it is the CPS that are to make a statement regarding him this afternoon.

Yes - the FA cannot do a thing until the police/CPS have finished.

Re:Suarez. I heard this morning that he might not have been as abusive as is made out. Now it could be they (Uruguayans) are making this up but it does have a ring of truth. He used the word nigretto (or something like it) and the interpretation over here is as if he had used the word nigger. This might well not be the case. Remember when George W Bush used the expression 'Pakis' and the UK PC brigade jumped up - except that while paki is a term of abuse in the UK and its use is therefore rightly condemned, in the US, it is just short for Pakistani as we can use 'Gerry' for a German without being considered at all abusive. (We have plenty of other ways of abusing the Germans).

Now if it is true that the term nigreto in Uruguay is considered as innocuous as Gerry is to us, it would be wrong for Suarez to be penalised in the way he has been. A word to him indicating that over here, it would be considered offensive by people so he should avoid using it would be sufficient on this occasion. Of course if the nigretto word has the same connotations as nigger has over here, then he deserves all the punishment he gets.

Shaqiri Is Boss
21-12-2011, 12:33 PM
People on both sides would be wise to wait for the written statement. But that just ain't gonna happen.

Dennis Bendtner
21-12-2011, 01:48 PM
think terrys story is that he did say it but he said it because he was telling ferdinand that he diddnt call him a black cunt. he admits to using the words but says he only said them as he was saying he didnt say them

JayTee's defence is absolutely terrible. I don't think anyone can take that seriously. He'd basically be in the same boat as Suarez in admitting using the words...and I can't recall 'black cunt' ever used affectionately. Banned for the season, to be fair.

Syn
21-12-2011, 01:58 PM
"I didn't call you a FUCKING BLACK CUNT!!"

Yeah, sure :blink:

Shaqiri Is Boss
21-12-2011, 02:01 PM

If Terry is let off I can see RAWK literally exploding.

Coney
21-12-2011, 02:49 PM

If Terry is let off I can see RAWK literally exploding.

If Terry is let off, there will be a general explosion. Surely even the FA could not be that stupid. (What am I saying? They could.)

Coney
21-12-2011, 02:51 PM
JayTee's defence is absolutely terrible. I don't think anyone can take that seriously. He'd basically be in the same boat as Suarez in admitting using the words...and I can't recall 'black cunt' ever used affectionately. Banned for the season, to be fair.

JT is in a worse position, I reckon. The thing is that Suarez has the (admittedly iffy) defence that he did not think that nigreto could be considered offensive in the UK when it is not in Uruguay. However, Terry does know that black cunt (or any number of other racist terms) is offensive in the UK. As such, if found guilty, he should have a harsher sentence such as death.

Dennis Bendtner
21-12-2011, 03:15 PM
Terry is fucked however you look at it. He can't back down from the statement he made at the time, including admitting saying it. I'm sure looking back he regrets that. Should've claimed he was calling him a bald cunt or something. Is Anton bald? I dunno.

Obviously it's on camera, unlike the Suarez stuff.

He has form for cuntery.

He should be killed, but at least yeah, his is a far worse case than Suarez's.

Syn
21-12-2011, 03:24 PM
I think there's a key difference. I still don't understand exactly what Suarez's stance was. He pleaded 'not guilty' but did he not admit that he said something that is offensive in the UK but pleaded ignorance and said it wasn't offensive where he's from? Whereas Evra also admitted saying something about Suarez being South American? John Terry denies that he said something offensive or anything that could be interpreted as offensive. As pathetically weak as his case is, he still has a chance to get off on that technicality.

Immigrants :rolleyes:

None of this confusion would've happened if Joe Bloggs insulted John Smith.

Dennis Bendtner
21-12-2011, 03:37 PM
John Terry denies that he said something offensive or anything that could be interpreted as offensive. As pathetically weak as his case is, he still has a chance to get off on that technicality.

They must have something to squash that technicality. I think the TV footage is obscured by Ashley Cole's head at the start, presumably where Terry reckons he was saying 'I wasn't calling you...'. Must be other angles given to the CPS.

Syn
21-12-2011, 03:40 PM
They must have something to squash that technicality. I think the TV footage is obscured by Ashley Cole's head at the start, presumably where Terry reckons he was saying 'I wasn't calling you...'. Must be other angles given to the CPS.

Wasn't it a home game? That footage will be misplaced, no doubt.

Flavs
21-12-2011, 03:41 PM
Good to see Gus Poyet keeping quiet on this one...

McNamara That Ghost...
21-12-2011, 03:44 PM
Wasn't it a home game? That footage will be misplaced, no doubt.

It was at Loftus Road.

Shaqiri Is Boss
21-12-2011, 03:46 PM
I think there's a key difference. I still don't understand exactly what Suarez's stance was. He pleaded 'not guilty' but did he not admit that he said something that is offensive in the UK but pleaded ignorance and said it wasn't offensive where he's from? Whereas Evra also admitted saying something about Suarez being South American? John Terry denies that he said something offensive or anything that could be interpreted as offensive. As pathetically weak as his case is, he still has a chance to get off on that technicality.

Immigrants :rolleyes:

None of this confusion would've happened if Joe Bloggs insulted John Smith.

I think Suarez's defence was that he used a term (still not exactly sure what it was, but probably negrito) which he and other South Americans wouldn't consider offensive but is ambiguous enough to be considered offensive to us. And that because there was this ambiguity there's no way to prove there is any racist intent. As such he's been found guilty of using a term which could be considered racist, as opposed to flat out racism. The thing is we've still yet to see any video evidence (which is odd if he said it 10 times considering Terry's one liner was picked up) and the fact Evra admitted to also using a pejorative term toward Suarez. We have to wait for the written report to see exactly what went on.

Either way though, it didn't work.

In other news Suarez needs to wind his neck in from now on.

Syn
21-12-2011, 03:48 PM
It was at Loftus Road.

It'll get lost in the post then.

Flavs
21-12-2011, 03:54 PM
I think Suarez's defence was that he used a term (still not exactly sure what it was, but probably negrito) which he and other South Americans wouldn't consider offensive but is ambiguous enough to be considered offensive to us. And that because there was this ambiguity there's no way to prove there is any racist intent. As such he's been found guilty of using a term which could be considered racist, as opposed to flat out racism. The thing is we've still yet to see any video evidence (which is odd if he said it 10 times considering Terry's one liner was picked up) and the fact Evra admitted to also using a pejorative term toward Suarez. We have to wait for the written report to see exactly what went on.

yeah in Uruguay we call all blackies nigga

Syn
21-12-2011, 03:57 PM

Evra admitting to using aggressive words might've actually worked against Suarez because it suggests - as we all might suspect - that the conversation was an aggressive one. So for all the talk of 'negrito' is a friendly term in South America, it's at odds with what seemed to have happened. And besides - the term doesn't need to be derogatory in itself for the same reason 'black' in 'black cunt' isn't, in itself, derogatory but the whole term is still a racist insult. The commission found that Suarez referenced Evra's skin colour as part of an insult - which for our purposes is a racist insult. Personally, I think 'Negrito' sounds as much like 'nigger' as it does 'negro' (or at least it contains the former when sounded out). If Suarez admitted to 'I didn't say Nigger/Negro, I said 'Negrito'' I think it's almost as weak a defence as Terry's. But he pleaded not guilty to the charge and if he didn't admit to saying anything like that, then the evidence would have to be very good to prove it.

Marc Overmars
21-12-2011, 04:02 PM
I didn't realise Big Man is actually facing a criminal charge.

Lock him up and throw away the key!

Shaqiri Is Boss
21-12-2011, 04:02 PM
Evra admitting to using aggressive words might've actually worked against Suarez because it suggests - as we all might suspect - that the conversation was an aggressive one. So for all the talk of 'negrito' is a friendly term in South America, it's at odds with what seemed to have happened. And besides - the term doesn't need to be derogatory in itself for the same reason 'black' in 'black cunt' isn't, in itself, derogatory but the whole term is still a racist insult. The commission found that Suarez referenced Evra's skin colour as part of an insult - which for our purposes is a racist insult. Personally, I think 'Negrito' sounds as much like 'nigger' as it does 'negro' (or at least it contains the former when sounded out). If Suarez admitted to 'I didn't say Nigger/Negro, I said 'Negrito'' I think it's almost as weak a defence as Terry's. But he pleaded not guilty to the charge and if he didn't admit to saying anything like that, then the evidence would have to be very good to prove it.
Yeah, it's all very pedantic and wishy washy. Which is why I'm sitting on the fence until the report comes out. If it is based on the whole negrito thing then we should just get on with it and move on. The Terry thing will soon overtake Suarez in peoples' minds. It probably already has.

Flavs
21-12-2011, 04:03 PM
I didn't realise Big Man is actually facing a criminal charge.

Lock him up and throw away the key!#

Public order offence innit, plus his mum is a shoplifter

Shaqiri Is Boss
21-12-2011, 04:03 PM
I didn't realise Big Mans is actually facing a criminal charge.

Lock him up and throw away the key!
BBC have said the most he can get is a £2500 fine so it would be down to the FA to bring any real punishment against him.

Marc Overmars
21-12-2011, 04:07 PM
BBC have said the most he can get is a £2500 fine so it would be down to the FA to bring any real punishment against him.

Well if the police find him guilty then The FA will surely need to dish out another 8 game ban.

Shaqiri Is Boss
21-12-2011, 04:12 PM
Well if the police find him guilty then The FA will surely need to dish out another 8 game ban.
You'd hope.

Oh God, rumours that the team will all wear Suarez shirts before the game. Please no. :ilt:

Marc Overmars
21-12-2011, 04:12 PM
Poyet's 2 cents...

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/999727/gus-poyet-backs-luis-suarez-?cc=5739

"I have tried to explain that we live with coloured people in Uruguay. We share different experiences with them. We play football, we share parties. We are born, we grow up and we die with them. We call them 'blacks' in a natural way, even in an affectionate way. That is the way we were brought up. We are integrated and there are no problems from either side.

Marc Overmars
21-12-2011, 04:13 PM
You'd hope.

Oh God, rumours that the team will all wear Suarez shirts before the game. Please no. :ilt:

That's very RAWKish.

Shaqiri Is Boss
21-12-2011, 04:16 PM
That's very RAWKish.
So was last night's statement.

Master Splinter
21-12-2011, 04:21 PM
Relying on a racist is pretty desperate. They should become like us and rely on a rapist.

Coney
21-12-2011, 05:11 PM

Ironically, if he gets a £2500 fine by the courts, then he could possibly appeal against any FA ban after that as legally he has been punished and it might not be possible for the FA to take further action.

McNamara That Ghost...
21-12-2011, 05:30 PM
Ironically, if he gets a £2500 fine by the courts, then he could possibly appeal against any FA ban after that as legally he has been punished and it might not be possible for the FA to take further action.

The judge can give a recommendation of extra punishment, if necessary by the relevant organisation though, probably.

McNamara That Ghost...
21-12-2011, 05:59 PM
http://d2-01.twitpicproxy.com/photos/large/452362387.jpg

Rors
21-12-2011, 06:16 PM
You'd hope.

I would even take the Uruguay-flags-for-every-fan over this....

Shaqiri Is Boss
21-12-2011, 06:18 PM
I would even take the Uruguay-flags-for-every-fan over this....

Free the Anfield One!

McNamara That Ghost...
21-12-2011, 06:32 PM
Another statement on the club website, this time from the players:

Luis Suarez is our teammate and our friend and as a group of players we are shocked and angered that he has been found guilty by the FA.

We totally support Luis and we want the world to know that. We know he is not racist.

We are a squad of many different nationalities and backgrounds. All of us support the Club's commitment to fighting racism. All of us accept there is no place in the game for any form of discrimination. As a group of players we totally support the Kick it Out Campaign.

We have lived, trained and played with Luis for almost 12 months and we don't recognise the way he has been portrayed. We will continue to support Luis through this difficult period, and as a popular and respected friend of all his teammates, he will not walk alone.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/joint-statement-from-lfc-players

:rolleyes:

Rors
21-12-2011, 06:37 PM
we don't recognise the way he has been portrayed.

He hasn't been portrayed as anything, it's words we're talking about here - not personality. As for ending the statement with those five words...they don't do themselves many favours do they?

Syn
21-12-2011, 06:37 PM
Oh ffs, this is becoming worse than 'he's not that kinda guy' Shawcross/Taylor.

It doesn't matter whether he's a white/brown supremacist (or whatever colour he is) or not.

GP
21-12-2011, 06:39 PM
All the black players in the Liverpool first XI are right behind him.

Syn
21-12-2011, 06:40 PM
:cold: