PDA

View Full Version : Which CB would you prefer?

Tony Tuesdays
01-06-2011, 09:59 AM
“I’d agree that we’re after an experienced defender, maybe one who is used to the English game,” said Wenger.

This quote is doing the rounds in the media today so, if he's after an EPL CB who do you think it'll be:

Samba
Jagielka
Phil Jones
Cahill

Cripps_orig
01-06-2011, 10:03 AM
From those 4?

Samba. The guys a fucking beast

Wouldnt mind Jones either but hes young and we dont need more youngsters.

Other 2 are average

The Verminator
01-06-2011, 10:05 AM
Fuck it, may as well take them all!

LDG
01-06-2011, 10:05 AM
I don't really like any of 'em.

Flavs
01-06-2011, 10:08 AM
From those 4?

Samba. The guys a fucking beast

Wouldnt mind Jones either but hes young and we dont need more youngsters.

Other 2 are average

:gp:

Flavs
01-06-2011, 10:08 AM
Although it wont matter anyway, we ccould have the best 4 defenders in teh world and we would still fail due to our tactics and approach

The Realist
01-06-2011, 10:50 AM
Samba.

LDG
01-06-2011, 10:53 AM
Although it wont matter anyway, we ccould have the best 4 defenders in teh world and we would still fail due to our tactics and approach

isv
01-06-2011, 11:04 AM
bret hangeland

AKBapologist
01-06-2011, 11:08 AM
Sakho or Hangeland

Flavs
01-06-2011, 11:08 AM
bret hangeland

Is he Brede's brother?

Marc Overmars
01-06-2011, 11:31 AM
Samba could be a shrewd bit of business because he wouldn't cost as much as the others.

Ernesto
01-06-2011, 12:47 PM

Seconded.

Took the words right outta my mouth.

Flavs
01-06-2011, 01:09 PM
Samba could be a shrewd bit of business because he wouldn't cost as much as the others.

Plus the fact the others are a bit, you know, shite

Tony Tuesdays
01-06-2011, 01:35 PM
Is he Brede's brother?

Either way they're both shite.

Syn
01-06-2011, 01:54 PM
They're all glorified pub-teamers. If we're going to bother to sign anyone, they need to be fucking good. And fucking good costs a lot of money. Accept no imitations.

Flavs
01-06-2011, 01:59 PM
I dont think any of them are better than Verm or Kos tbh and in our team they would fail juts as badly. As i say you could stick anyone in there are they will look shite as they are too exposed, poorly coahed and very badly instructed

Tony Tuesdays
01-06-2011, 02:06 PM
I dont think any of them are better than Verm or Kos tbh and in our team they would fail juts as badly. As i say you could stick anyone in there are they will look shite as they are too exposed, poorly coahed and very badly instructed

Okay, I know Kos had a great game against Messi & co in the 1st leg at home but, to suggest he's as good or better than Jags, Samba or Cahill is stretching the point, guv.

Kos has several decent games but needs to learn alot more before he can be considered a first choice.

Flavs
01-06-2011, 02:09 PM
Okay, I know Kos had a great game against Messi & co in the 1st leg at home but, to suggest he's as good or better than Jags, Samba or Cahill is stretching the point, guv.

Kos has several decent games but needs to learn alot more before he can be considered a first choice.

The way i see it sweetheart is that looking decent-good in our back line is a lot harder than looking good in everton or boltons

Tony Tuesdays
01-06-2011, 02:10 PM
The way i see it sweetheart is that looking decent-good in our back line is a lot harder than looking good in everton or boltons

Alright treacle, whatever you say.

Sirjackofwilshere
01-06-2011, 02:12 PM
Remember, we need to maintain our black-white combo to have any chance of success. Samba it is :good:

Alpha
01-06-2011, 02:14 PM
I have personally been impressed by Roger Johnson from Birmigham . A real tough and clean defender .Samba is tough but ideal when playing against average and physical teams like Stoke , Sunderland , Blackburn , Bolton ..etc.. He may struggle against intelligent strikers and can easily get a yellow or a red card . Phil Jones is a very promising defender . I rate him higher than Smalling we missed out .

isv
01-06-2011, 04:24 PM
Is he Brede's brother?

Probably his sister

Özim
01-06-2011, 04:46 PM
This quote is doing the rounds in the media today so, if he's after an EPL CB who do you think it'll be:

Samba
Jagielka
Phil Jones
Cahill
Which defenders play in the Premier league are in their 30's and past it?

Once you work that out you have your likely candidates.

gunsofashburtongrove
01-06-2011, 05:47 PM

fari
01-06-2011, 06:35 PM

that may be true, but perhaps it would help to have a more vocal defender to help with defensive communication b/c let's face it, at times it seems that the communication is not as it should be.

Japan Shaking All Over
02-06-2011, 04:17 AM
Fuck it, may as well take them all!

with Verms on this.....

Samba would show the fight that we lack......throws himself at everything and saved Blackburn on more than one occassion. May not look his most pretty when on the ball, but who gives a sh#t......ugly has to be 'in' next season if we are going to do well.

Will not look bad side by side with Tomas - Kos and Johan get time off and develop more - because I like some think they showed good signs to go with the odd foul up

Samba would be the cheapest - how old is he by the way?

Alpha
02-06-2011, 04:40 AM
with Verms on this.....

Samba would show the fight that we lack......throws himself at everything and saved Blackburn on more than one occassion. May not look his most pretty when on the ball, but who gives a sh#t......ugly has to be 'in' next season if we are going to do well.

Will not look bad side by side with Tomas - Kos and Johan get time off and develop more - because I like some think they showed good signs to go with the odd foul up

Samba would be the cheapest - how old is he by the way?

He is 27 . I would prefer Roger Johnson from Birmingham , instead .

Japan Shaking All Over
02-06-2011, 05:31 AM
:tiphat:

he would be cheap too.....more than Samba

both had to work for their pay check last season but its just that I saw Samba put in more monster performances than Johnson......especially against us

Flavs
02-06-2011, 07:17 AM
that may be true, but perhaps it would help to have a more vocal defender to help with defensive communication b/c let's face it, at times it seems that the communication is not as it should be.

Seems to me that the whole team is told to be quiet and not speak out, i dont ever see anyone in our team shouting, instructing and bollocking other players? Perhaps its a reflection of the manager that they save it for the dressing room but i think our whole team could do with turning it upto 11 (thats one more than ten) at times. I know we here stories of the players going at it in the dressing room but they seem terrified of saying boo to a goose on the park. All you get is that bloody shrug :angry:

Japan Shaking All Over
02-06-2011, 07:56 AM
http://f.i.uol.com.br/folha/esporte/images/11076281.jpeg

:bow:

maybe this guy could be the answer

selassie
02-06-2011, 08:10 AM

Samba
Jagielka
Phil Jones
Cahill

Samba would probably offer the best value and possibly offers us most of what we're lacking in the team right now. I'm not sure he's the solution though, at least not the long term one.

Long term, Phil Jones is the one I want out of the list, this kid is a BEAST already, he's strong, quick, excellent in the air and a good ball player. Once he's fully developed he has all the tools in his locker to be a World Class Centre Back IMHO. He's good enough to claim a spot in our team now.

Flavs
02-06-2011, 08:12 AM
We want to be moving forward not backwards, this is why i dont want cahill or Jags they arent what we need, and we already have a team of players who arent what we need. Samba is the perfect fit as he will terrify the other defenders into doing what they are supposed to as opposed to trotting off up the pitch or signing autographs for the crowd while facing another wave of attack.

I think him in there with a dominant, big, mouthy goalie and our defence would be infinately better, Wojjy isnt the man yet, i think he will be but not yet if we could get someone comng to the end of their career who could mentor him while adding to the team i would be a very happy man.

We have a spine as a team but sadly its made of bubble wrap.

Japan Shaking All Over
02-06-2011, 08:38 AM
if we could get someone comng to the end of their career who could mentor him

ala my last post......maybe not that far at the end of his career but I have seen stranger things happen at Arsenal......with a decent defence Jens could be smart move......or if that is too far fetched then Given

Flavs
02-06-2011, 08:49 AM
Given is exactly the wrong kind of keeper for us, we already have very good shot stoppers, Almunia is a very good shot stopper sadly he, like Given is too small, not dominant and cant bloody catch.

We need a big strapping keeper who can knock people out the way to catch crossers and who will be vocal to the point of irratating to his defence. There isnt one in the premiership we could get which forces us abroad sadly as that causes yet more communication issues due to the language barriers.

I still wouldnt be surprised to see Schwarzer come in

Japan Shaking All Over
02-06-2011, 09:02 AM
Mad Dog Jens it is then!

(btw anybody else have to keep logging in again if they leave the site for a few mins?)

LDG
02-06-2011, 09:06 AM
Mad Dog Jens it is then!

(btw anybody else have to keep logging in again if they leave the site for a few mins?)

http://www.goonersweb.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=120

:tiphat:

selassie
08-06-2011, 12:58 PM
With Jones seemingly looking Man U bound I wonder if this means Blackburn will refuse to sell Samba?

We could be facing a situation this summer where Cahill is our only available PL based option and that's a pretty big if with Citeh looking interested.

I guess we'll soon see what happens but I wouldn't be surprised if we don't sign a CB this summer.

Özim
08-06-2011, 01:04 PM
With Jones seemingly looking Man U bound I wonder if this means Blackburn will refuse to sell Samba?

We could be facing a situation this summer where Cahill is our only available PL based option and that's a pretty big if with Citeh looking interested.

I guess we'll soon see what happens but I wouldn't be surprised if we don't sign a CB this summer.
Yeah to be honest we're so slow off the mark (maybe deliberate) that all the options soon disappear and move to other clubs. Wenger probably isn't interested anyway, he's probably looking in France again for someone cheapish.

selassie
08-06-2011, 01:08 PM
Yeah to be honest we're so slow off the mark (maybe deliberate) that all the options soon disappear and move to other clubs. Wenger probably isn't interested anyway, he's probably looking in France again for someone cheapish.

Yeah I fear the same. :(

Arse
09-06-2011, 01:33 PM
Cahill. Simple.

Japan Shaking All Over
10-06-2011, 04:04 AM

T

We have to buy this summer, Verms coming back cannit be viewed as a new signing!
Paul Gallacher was saying that ManU got themselves a bargain in Jones and you can bet that Bolton will not go lower for when people come knocking for Cahill, although Samba would be cheaper Cahill may be the better footballer
It may be depending on what we want more because Samba exemplifies our need for a pure fighter, both have their merits as I think Samba is not a bad footballer and Cahill does have a set of knads which are far bigger than Sqcallci's

Could we throw Eboue in with a bid if money is such an issue?
saying that it may mean us having to pay someone to take him, no one couldd be silly enough to buy the lovable oaf! Could rhey?

Tony Tuesdays
10-06-2011, 06:05 AM
I understand Cahill's minimum release clause is around £17m.

So it'll come down to salary and ambition....