PDA

View Full Version : Houllier Steps Down

Shaqiri Is Boss
01-06-2011, 08:33 PM
The Club can confirm that, by mutual consent, Gerard Houllier has stepped down as manager of Aston Villa with immediate effect.

The 63-year-old took charge in September 2010 but suffered a dissection of the descending aorta in April 2011.

He was unable to take charge of team affairs for the final five games of the season and doctors have advised that he will require further time to recuperate.

The Club and Gerard have agreed amicably to this resolution and the search has begun for a new manager in order to prepare the team for the coming season.

"I would like to thank Gerard for his considerable efforts over the past nine months and for the dedication, commitment and work ethic he has demonstrated as Villa manager," said chief executive Paul Faulkner.

"We regret the circumstances of Gerard's departure and, naturally, we wish him well in his continued recovery.

"I know I speak for everyone associated with Aston Villa in expressing our hope that Gerard will return to full health as quickly as possible and we wish him all the best for the future.

"As a Board we are very conscious of the need to ensure that the Club is prepared fully to meet the demands of the new season and, to that end, we have already embarked upon the process which will lead to the appointment of a new manager.

"We will update when appropriate and until such time as we can make an announcement there will be no further comment from the Club on this matter."

Gerard Houllier said: "I am extremely disappointed that I will not have the opportunity to manage Aston Villa next season.

"My health has improved considerably since I was taken ill on April 20. I now intend to take the next few months to concentrate on recuperating fully before I may return to football.

"I was very much looking forward to the prospect of my first full season as Villa manager and returning for pre-season training to prepare for the campaign ahead, a luxury that I did not have last season.

"I have been extremely touched by all of the messages I have received and by the reaction of people throughout the world of football.

"I am very grateful to the Villa fans for their genuine concern and encouragement and to the fans of clubs up and down the country for their kind sentiments.

"I would especially like to thank my assistant manager, Gary McAllister, my staff, the players and all at Aston Villa for their support and, of course, for their efforts in securing a very positive end to last season.

"It has been an honour to manage this great club and I wish everyone connected with Aston Villa every success for the future."
http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~2370322,00.html

Rafa to Villa :good:

Marc Overmars
01-06-2011, 09:18 PM
Not surprising really.

I expect him to retire now.

Injury Time
01-06-2011, 09:22 PM
Not surprising really.

I expect him to die now.
Harsh. :cold:

Japan Shaking All Over
02-06-2011, 07:58 AM
Rafa to Villa

I'd say that was harsher.....Villa don't deserve that, do they?

Marc Overmars
02-06-2011, 05:29 PM
Mark Hughes has resigned from Fulham. Bookies favourite now for the Villa job.

I think Villa should really push the boat out and go for Rafa or even Ancellotti tbh, both have said they'd like to manage in the Prem again. Hughes seems like a sideways manager to me, good enough to stable a ship and earn respect points but is that enough for Villa? @Rors (http://www.goonersweb.co.uk/forum/member.php?u=87) ;

Rors
02-06-2011, 05:42 PM
It looks pretty certain to be Sparky, I don't think anyone is buying his claim in the statement that his resignation has nothing to do with any other job.

Moyesy was seen as the fans' favourite choice, but that also seemed like a sideways move to me. He'd actually demand money to spend too - mainly as he has likely forgotten what it's like to do it.. Sparky has worked well within his means (means which of course were potentially extended at Citeh, not that we got much of a chance to find that out). Every post he's had he has done as well or maybe slightly better than could be expected with what was on offer. Wales should have made Euro2004, but apart from that he's achieved pretty much what you would have guessed as soon as he was appointed. Is that enough this time around? I'm not too sure as yet. If it means bringing some of the good stuff Fulham had to offer with him (Hangeland, Salcido, maybe even Dempsey), then I think I'm cool with it - despite it seeming a little bit too obvious and safe....

Shaqiri Is Boss
02-06-2011, 05:54 PM
He'll probably do quite well at Villa.

Shame it's not Rafa though.

Rafa to Fulham :good:

Rors
02-06-2011, 06:08 PM
Pat Murphy on Fivelive suggesting that Sparky is not our top target and that the two events are not connected....

Shaqiri Is Boss
02-06-2011, 06:18 PM
Maybe Rafa to Villa is back on :popcorn:

Rors
02-06-2011, 10:44 PM
'Sky Sources' (snigger) say that we are not interested in Sparky. Hmmm. Chelsea maybe?!

The Wengerbabies
07-06-2011, 02:44 PM
Aston Villa are finalising their shortlist of candidates to replace Gerard Houllier - with former England boss Steve McClaren among their targets, Press Association Sport understands.
The midlands club are believed to have sounded out several contenders to see if they are available and interested in the post - including McClaren, who is known to be keen to return to the Barclays Premier League.
Villa owner Randy Lerner and chief executive Paul Faulkner will draw up the final shortlist before looking to start conducting interviews on a formal basis, probably at the end of this week.
Wigan boss Roberto Martinez is also understood to have impressed Lerner after helping the Latics avoid relegation and he has still to sign a new three-year contract.

Lerner would ideally like to have Houllier's successor in place by mid-June.
That would give him time to assess the strengths and weaknesses of the current squad and potential transfer targets before Villa report back for pre-season training on July 7.
McClaren has been much derided for his 17 months spell in charge of England after the 2006 World Cup.
But he has a successful record at club level, winning the League Cup and reaching the UEFA Cup final with Middlesbrough.
After his unhappy England spell, McClaren returned to management with FC Twente and guided the Enschede outfit to the Dutch title although he then had an unhappy time with German club Wolfsburg and was sacked.
Two other candidates, Carlo Ancelotti and Martin Jol, have now slipped out of the picture for differing reasons.
Former Chelsea manager Ancelotti is taking a year's break from coaching while Jol was today appointed Fulham boss in succession to Mark Hughes - the early bookmakers' favourite for the Villa post.
In the long term, former Villa defender Martin Laursen has indicated he would like the chance to manage the club.
Laursen, forced to retire with a knee problem two years ago, will take his coaching badges later this year.
He said: "It would be great to be Villa manager one day. That would be a big dream. But that's a long way off."
http://serve.williamhill.com/promoLoadDisplay?member=Mirror1010&campaign=DEFAULT&channel=BotFBST_480x60&zone=1469730345&lp=0 (http://serve.williamhill.com/promoRedirect?member=Mirror1010&campaign=DEFAULT&channel=BotFBST_480x60&zone=1469730345&lp=0)

Read more: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Aston-Villa-news-Steve-McClaren-has-been-sounded-out-by-club-over-managers-job-according-to-reports-article745231.html#ixzz1ObM5Lc4u
Sign up for MirrorFootball's Morning Spy newsletter Register here (http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/profile/?uAction=register)

Japan Shaking All Over
07-06-2011, 04:33 PM
Jol to Fulham:lol:

poor bastards.......soon to become as shit as the Spuds were when he was in charge

shame, don't mind Fulham.........Hughes has a case of Rednapp Judas syndrome me thinks

Marc Overmars
07-06-2011, 06:11 PM
Spurs were hardly shit when he was in charge. In fact he was the one that started their recent upturn in fortune. They'd probably still be bottom half fodder if it wasn't for his time at the club.

Shaqiri Is Boss
08-06-2011, 06:08 PM
Rafa to Villa :good:

Please don't do it. The odds on him replacing Houllier were pretty good when Hughes resigned. Knew I should have put a bet on...

More worryingly for Villa though; Hodgson could be next!

Rors
08-06-2011, 06:13 PM
Please don't do it. The odds on him replacing Houllier were pretty good when Hughes resigned. Knew I should have put a bet on...

More worryingly for Villa though; Hodgson could be next!

Kenny in 2014 then....

Marc Overmars
09-06-2011, 08:13 AM
Martinez in talks now.

Cripps_orig
09-06-2011, 01:03 PM
Can see Martinez going there.

Couple of reasons.

1 - Wigan are shit and they were lucky to stay up this season and imo are one of the favourites to go down next season

2 - And probably most importantly, he wants to get away from that prick Dave Whelan

Cripps_orig
09-06-2011, 03:29 PM
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/features/3624502/The-Sun-talks-soccer-education-and-the-environment-with-Tom-Hanks.html

Aston Villas biggest fan tbh

Rors
09-06-2011, 05:30 PM
Hanks :bow: The phrase "football field" saves him from any opprobrium as far as I'm concerned. :lol:

Whelan still seems to think that Martinez is going to stay - but then he would wouldn't he? I like the brand of football Martinez tries to play, as long as I turn a blind eye to the fact that anything takes place in his side's own half is always brown-trousers time....

As I've said far too often over the last week , "we'll have to wait and see"

KSE Comedy Club
10-06-2011, 12:14 PM
Martinez says no to Villa.

So what now Rors? What happened to Rafa, I thought he was being lined up :shrug:

Cripps_orig
10-06-2011, 01:36 PM
Owen Coyle is the name now apparently that keeps coming up

Injury Time
10-06-2011, 01:38 PM
Owen Coyle is the name now apparently that keeps coming up
Keeps coming up whom, or this another super injunction? :unsure:

Shaqiri Is Boss
10-06-2011, 02:54 PM

So what now Rors? What happened to Rafa, I thought he was being lined up :shrug:
I'll let you have 1 guess as to why talks stalled. :lol:

Japan Shaking All Over
10-06-2011, 04:37 PM
banks balances cower in fear when Rafa is patrolling the waters

Rors
10-06-2011, 05:54 PM

We're looking close to being complete chumps at the moment. If it wasn't for Dave Whelan's kind words I think we'd be a national laughing stock. All this talk about a 1.30PM deadline, and in the end we didn't even speak to him! This is a big disaster for the Birmingham Evening Mail, who thought/hoped it was such a done deal they gave over all of page 3 to an interview with...yes...a bloke who runs a tapas restaurant in the city centre under the headline "This Should Tempt You Roberto"..

To bring in specifics to NIB's post - Rafa wanted "30million" apparently in transfer funds (which admittedly would worry me a bit :lol: ) which you'd think would be there, especially given the Young sale bringing in 20mill. That said I'm dubious as to how serious we were about bringing him in anyway. Moyes is supposedly(and I think, correctly) a non-starter, amazingly Sparky isn't even on the list. Even Schteve looks like heading back to Holland. Not even Diego is available to give us a "come and get me plea"...

:shrug: :banghead:

Master Splinter
10-06-2011, 06:04 PM
I heard Villa were having exploratory talks with Megson.

Rors
10-06-2011, 06:09 PM
As annoyed as I am, I remain a realist. The trolls on VillaTalk who accuse Lerner of lacking ambition by not going for Guardiola (yes....) on the other hand...

Rors
10-06-2011, 06:14 PM
I still want Rijkard
And so it goes on... :lol:

Rors
11-06-2011, 05:14 PM
On it goes then:

http://www.teamtalk.co.za/premier-league/6982951/Grayson-subject-of-Villa-gamble

That one actually features a quote! :faint: From...er..a SkyBet employee.. :lol:

Marc Overmars
12-06-2011, 03:54 PM
Alex McLeish has emerged as favourite to take charge of Aston Villa after quitting Birmingham City, skysports.com understands.

McLeish has decided to leave the Championship club after they were relegated on the final day of the Premier League season.

The news brings to an end a four-year reign for McLeish after he took charge at St Andrews in 2007 after quitting Scotland.

He guided the Blues to a Carling Cup win over Arsenal, which got them into the Europa League next season, but they could not beat the drop after losing at Spurs on the final day of the season to slip into the bottom three.

McLeish is now ready to cross the city to take charge of their arch-rivals Aston Villa.
Villa have been looking for a replacement for Gerard Houllier, who left the club earlier this month.

And they are now believed to have turned to a man under their noses after Mark Hughes, Steve McClaren, Rafa Benitez and Roberto Martinez were all ruled out.

:unsure:

McNamara That Ghost...
12-06-2011, 04:27 PM
:lol:

That would be funny. Although probably not quite so funny for Villa fans.

Master Splinter
12-06-2011, 07:08 PM
Would Rors commit suicide?

Sounds like complete nonsense, unless Lerner wants to become more hated than Hicks and Gillett.

Rors
14-06-2011, 05:43 PM
If that didn't drive me to it, then this probably would:

From the laughable 'Aston Villa Supporters - We Don't Want Alex McLeish' FB page:

we've been treated like shit! they dont deserve us Erm, by not running off to leakers in 'ver meeja' every 2 minutes? By not appointing Guardiola plus 1billion transfer kitty? By completely renovating the ground, doing up the Holte Pub from the wreckage it was in, giving 5million to local charity in the stead of a sponsor every year, having one of the finest sets of training facilities , four successive top-half finishes? Yep, they've got us right where they want us haven't they? :doh:

No argument about it - McLeish would be lucky to even be in my top50 runners and riders for the job.Yet some of the stuff being spouted here by 'our' followers instigated by this... ye fricking gads.

Rors
14-06-2011, 05:58 PM
VILLA CAN GET FUCKING LOST, LEARNER YOU ARE A FUCKING WANKER AND A DISGRACE TO OUR CLUB. REMOVE YOUR TATOO NOW YOU DONT KNOW THE MEANING OF A TRUE FAN OTHER WISE HE WOULD NOT BE OUR MANAGER. I WILL NOT PUT ANOTHER
PENNY INTO THAT CLUB
8 seconds ago

Does anyone know if its possible to get a refund on season tickets?

Bye then! :fingers:

Master Splinter
14-06-2011, 06:09 PM
Even in extreme meltdown status, GW is never as bad as this (well, except one or two).

Football fans really need a few thousand doses of perspective. If you're this emotionally vested in a silly little game about men kicking a ball around, you should get another hobby or kill yourself to avoid the lifetime of stress.

Rors
14-06-2011, 06:21 PM
Indeed. There is a protest(?!) being lined up for 5pm tomorrow outside Villa Park. In their ire, they have decided to overlook the very real possibility of Blues fans turning up there.
Expect fireworks... :doh:

Rors
14-06-2011, 06:33 PM

The Club understands that Alex McLeish is a free agent. We therefore intend to interview him imminently in order to make a decision regarding his candidacy to become Villa manager.

http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~2376322,00.html

Kaboom....

McNamara That Ghost...
14-06-2011, 06:44 PM
I'm guessing a fair amount of Villa fans are more unhappy about this than Birmingham ones! If he is the guy Lerner wants, they should at least give him the chance, even if it means employing his brand of football (which I am guessing won't be well received).

Rors
14-06-2011, 06:47 PM
I'm guessing a fair amount of Villa fans are more unhappy about this than Birmingham ones! If he is the guy Lerner wants, they should at least give him the chance, even if it means employing his brand of football (which I am guessing won't be well received).

We have our fair share of twats who would be calling for his head if we don't have 10 points from the first 4 games (exactly...). I am not exactly in love with the idea of 4-5-1 at home, but it's not as if even the sainted MON was above that (United - November '08 springs to mind). Long-ball though is something we almost certainly can prepare ourselves for, and if that 1 turns out to be Zigic.... Oh dear oh dear.

If he gets the job, he gets the job. Making lame banners and not using season ticket privileges will do nothing to stop that.

Rors
14-06-2011, 06:52 PM
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=pu.136689779739654

:doh:

Rors
14-06-2011, 07:02 PM
To guard against potential brain implosion not going to post many more of these, but this one deserves an audience. Rotten tomatoes obligatory:

get learner out n get us a billionair from arab emirtas !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
fuk mclesish n fuk stepping foot near the ground while he is incharge !!!!

:shrug: :doh:

Cripps_orig
14-06-2011, 07:04 PM
Villa fans :lol:

Quality stuff

Although understandable. Id hate for that twat to be near my club

Master Splinter
14-06-2011, 07:18 PM
To guard against potential brain implosion not going to post many more of these, but this one deserves an audience. Rotten tomatoes obligatory:

:shrug: :doh:
Sounds familiar.

Just replace 'arab emirtas' with 'fat uzbek/russian'. :ninja:

McNamara That Ghost...
14-06-2011, 07:40 PM
We have our fair share of twats who would be calling for his head if we don't have 10 points from the first 4 games (exactly...). I am not exactly in love with the idea of 4-5-1 at home, but it's not as if even the sainted MON was above that (United - November '08 springs to mind). Long-ball though is something we almost certainly can prepare ourselves for, and if that 1 turns out to be Zigic.... Oh dear oh dear.

If he gets the job, he gets the job. Making lame banners and not using season ticket privileges will do nothing to stop that.

Much like footballers when they have been on the verge of going, a few wins will quiet them. Is it just the association with Birmingham that they are against? He got them relegated (again) and wants to join their most hated rivals. Surprised more aren't in love with the idea really!

Master Splinter
14-06-2011, 07:47 PM
I have always liked Villa. But O'Neill's anti-football and mentalness (and them thinking they were challenging us for a few months) made me dislike them a little. Now that I like them again, it would be personally disappointing if a scrote like McLeish took over.

So for my sake, I hope they get Gullit.

Or Brian Little.

Cripps_orig
14-06-2011, 07:54 PM
David O'Leary tbh. If Lerner backs him, he'll get them in to the CL as he did with Leeds. Last time he had Doug Ellis who did f all.

McNamara That Ghost...
14-06-2011, 08:00 PM
Rafa is waiting.

Master Splinter
14-06-2011, 08:09 PM
Rafa is waiting.
:bow:

A Must Get for Villa.

Don't know why Rors is aganst it. I genuinely think he'd do well at Villa. The expectations (not counting the crazy hillbilly faction) wouldn't be too high on him and unless he spends all his money on full-backs, would turn them into a Europe-challenging club again.

Shaqiri Is Boss
14-06-2011, 08:12 PM
Or Brian Little.

Rors
14-06-2011, 08:31 PM

A Must Get for Villa.

Don't know why Rors is aganst it. I genuinely think he'd do well at Villa. The expectations (not counting the crazy hillbilly faction) wouldn't be too high on him and unless he spends all his money on full-backs, would turn them into a Europe-challenging club again.

Rafa would have been too much of a financial risk as far as the board are concerned - the 'Net Spend' Defence or not - although I still think it is safe to say the reported '30 million or no deal' ultimatum never fricking happened. It was almost certainly a non-starter, and the talk of Rijkaard or Van Basten or Van Gaal or Cruyff (yes) just made us look all the more delusional.

I do like the idea of snaffling a manager who himself put Villa over in interviews more often than not in recent years - shame that means in this specific instance said manager being Eck! Just let Jerome and Zigic head elsewhere, ask nicely for Foster and Johnson, and you'll be welcome. Sort of.

Rors
14-06-2011, 08:50 PM
Another one of those hillbillies for you MS!

Rudd Hullitt or Riickyard would be my choices, assuming that Hughes is definately out of the picture - but please not the Jock twat !!

: despair:

McNamara That Ghost...
14-06-2011, 10:45 PM
Rickyard? :haha:

Master Splinter
14-06-2011, 10:49 PM
Riickyard :bow:.

Flavs
15-06-2011, 07:15 AM
so let me just get this straight here,

Villa hire Martin O'Neil who does a fantastic job after the likes of O'leary had made the club stale, with some more funding he could just maybe get them into the champs league and Randy says no. So MON leaves

They then Hire an Houlier who is a bit shit, shows he loves liverpool more while Villa are getting hammered and is flirting with relegation, Randy gives him £23mil to spend on one player, he then has more heart issues, and i dont mean with his Liverpool love, and has a break. McCallister then comes in and wins more games than Houlier including beating Arsenal at the Emirates...

Houlier then leaves with Villa apparently interested in Mark Hughes, who then resigns as Fulham manager only for Randy to say he doesnt want Hughes if thats how he does things..

Then........In a moment of either brilliant WUMmery or shear stupidity Villa "seem" to have tapped up their fiercest rivals manager so that he resigns and they can open talks with him, a manager who is not only Ginger and scottish but has also just had his team relegated, a team full of ex-villa players.

WTF????

Rors
15-06-2011, 05:50 PM
Another day...

OMG ssn states Lerner and Mcleish hold productive talks with more to come tonight, I wont be renuing mt ST

Mt. Season Ticket?

Rors
15-06-2011, 05:59 PM
FFS

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/SPORT/Pix/pictures/2011/6/15/1308149543857/Villa-graffiti-007.jpg

Being angry with a managerial appointment? Okay. Registering 'disgoost' by damaging property? Not okay. Registering 'disgoost' by damaging your own club's property? Certi-bleedin'-fiable! :banghead:

Marc Overmars
15-06-2011, 06:08 PM
Protest outside Villa Park this evening. :lol:

Rors
15-06-2011, 06:09 PM
Kicking off at the ground..the (plain barmy) protest has now breached the closed gates outside the North Stand and they are descended on the Main Reception. This ain't gonna end well...

Marc Overmars
15-06-2011, 06:13 PM
There was some guy standing on top of the gates, like some sort of MC to the protesters.

Master Splinter
15-06-2011, 06:55 PM
There was some guy standing on top of the gates, like some sort of MC to the protesters.
Graham Taylor :bow:.

Master Splinter
15-06-2011, 06:57 PM
Letters and his bottling cronies could learn a thing or two from these Villa fans on how to make a stand against your club.

Rors
15-06-2011, 09:17 PM
I was going to put the really stupid bit in bold here, but with most of us on this board choosing not to travel around each day on a tricycle, I think we can be trusted to pick it out

YOU KNOW WHAT,YOU LOT SHOULD BE HAPPY HE WANTED THE JOB COS NO FOOKER ELSE DID.LMAO..............DI MATTEO WOULDNT EVEN LEAVE WIGAN.........SURELY YOU SHOULD BE SUPPORTING "THE CLUB" WHOEVER MANAGES IT???????? AND IF HE BRINGS JOHNSON AND DANN WITH HIM,YOULL HAVE THREE PEOPLE WHO ARE BETTER THAN WHAT YOU HAVE AT THE MOMENT!!!!!!

:doh: x :doh:

Cripps_orig
15-06-2011, 09:20 PM
Di Matteo :bow:

Just saw the protests outside Villa Park on SSN. Not a happy bunch

Rors
15-06-2011, 09:25 PM
Just saw the protests outside Villa Park on SSN. Not a happy bunch

I am a good five miles away from the city centre here, and I'm pretty damn thankful. In particular I reckon the Yard Of Ale and Square Peg pubs could be pretty tasty tonight... "Expect sickness"

Rors
15-06-2011, 09:27 PM
If you have to pay 5 million compensation for ginge why not pay 10 million for David moyle or someone like him .

Someone like him indeed :haha:

Marc Overmars
15-06-2011, 09:30 PM
DI MATTEO WOULDNT EVEN LEAVE WIGAN

What the hell? :lol:

McNamara That Ghost...
15-06-2011, 10:01 PM
Someone like him indeed :haha:

David Moyle? :lol:

Darth Vela
15-06-2011, 11:50 PM
I am a good five miles away from the city centre here, and I'm pretty damn thankful. In particular I reckon the Yard Of Ale and Square Peg pubs could be pretty tasty tonight... "Expect sickness"

The Yard of Ale disgusts me anyway, went in expecting to get a decent pint of ale and they had nothing but shite, they need a new name.

It's all pretty fucking hilarious tbh, you could not make that ahit up :lol:

Marc Overmars
16-06-2011, 08:19 AM
One fan threatened to burn all of his merchandise outside the club shop. :lol:

Cripps_orig
16-06-2011, 12:14 PM
ASTON VILLA fans have stepped up their campaign against the proposed appointment of former Birmingham boss Alex McLeish by spraying graffiti around the club's training ground.

Alongside the sign of the Bodymoor Heath complex a Villa supporter has daubed the words: "Bluenose scum not welcome!"
McLeish caused uproar on the blue side of Birmingham after resigning from the St Andrew's hot seat via email at the start of the week.
But that was nothing compared to the outrage being expressed on chat forums and directly to the club when McLeish was installed as favourite to replace Gerard Houllier at Villa Park.
Villa director Charles Krulak responded to the criticism with an abrupt statement in which he said: "The uproar over McLeish is uncalled for.
"He has proved he can manage in the big leagues - just imagine what he could do if he was with an owner who supported him."
That plea has obviously fallen on deaf ears as our picture shows.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3639037/Aston-Villa-fans-have-protetsted-against-Alex-McLeishs-appointment-using-graffiti.html#ixzz1PRMx8LIb (http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3639037/Aston-Villa-fans-have-protetsted-against-Alex-McLeishs-appointment-using-graffiti.html#ixzz1PRMx8LIb)

By getting Birmingham relegated twice?

Also the graffiti on the wall :lol:

Picture of it on the link

Cripps_orig
16-06-2011, 05:10 PM
Looks like its happening

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,20876_6991787,00.html

:popcorn:

Cripps_orig
16-06-2011, 07:22 PM
Breaking news on SSN

Villa agree to pay Birmingham £2m compensation for McLeish

Rors
16-06-2011, 07:25 PM
Worth every penny....

Master Splinter
16-06-2011, 09:57 PM
The time is right for Arsenal to rescue Albrighton from McLeish.

Two Must Gets from Villa: Albrighton and Salifou.

McNamara That Ghost...
17-06-2011, 07:59 AM
McLeish has now officially been appointed.

Injury Time
17-06-2011, 08:00 AM
Worth every penny....

He's certainly got the skill to take you to the top Champions League Championship :console:
:rose:

Flavs
17-06-2011, 08:22 AM
The time is right for Arsenal to rescue Albrighton from McLeish.

Two Must Gets from Villa: Albrighton and Salifou.

Shouldnt be hard as Salifou has been released and is currently "without club"

Flavs
17-06-2011, 08:24 AM

Yeah that Doug Ellis is a crazy cat

KSE Comedy Club
17-06-2011, 12:14 PM
This appointment is absolutely baffling to me :unsure:

They could have got Rafa ffs.

Rors
18-06-2011, 08:17 AM
We're being linked with Alan Hutton.

In every sense, that is all.

McNamara That Ghost...
18-06-2011, 12:03 PM
Hutton? That'll appease the supporters. :lol:

Grebbo
18-06-2011, 01:42 PM
I find this appointment by Villa to be unbelievable. Surely it's going to fail badly.

Dull football, dull manager, arch enemies and all that. I really wouldn't be happy if I was a Villa fan. His appointment just makes no sense at all to me!! Crazy.... and expensive when he gets sacked soon.

GP
18-06-2011, 02:00 PM
McLeish has now officially been appointed.

:lol:

Marc Overmars
18-06-2011, 03:18 PM
I find this appointment by Villa to be unbelievable. Surely it's going to fail badly.

Dull football, dull manager, arch enemies and all that. I really wouldn't be happy if I was a Villa fan. His appointment just makes no sense at all to me!! Crazy.... and expensive when he gets sacked soon.

Yeah it's a strange one. 2 relegations in his time there and it's not in like he was hampered by his board financially, there was a takeover and the new guy backed him throughout. Poor show to be honest, I think Villa could have done a lot better and the fans are rightly frustrated, although that doesn't excuse the yobbish behaviour seen this week.

Cripps_orig
20-06-2011, 02:58 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13843387.stm

McLiesh unfazed by everything happening

Cripps_orig
29-07-2011, 06:32 PM
SSN breaking news

They have N'Zogbia

McNamara That Ghost...
29-07-2011, 07:45 PM
Pretty good signing for them. He's a must get.

On Fantasy Football this coming season.

Master Splinter
29-07-2011, 08:12 PM
Insomnia :bow:

Can't this thread be renamed?

McLeish The Sacked Muppet And Other Villa Shit sounds good.

Has Rors still not recovered from Big Eck being appointed?

McNamara That Ghost...
29-07-2011, 08:14 PM
His laptop didn't.