PDA

View Full Version : Robin van Persie the Legend

V-Pig
03-06-2011, 08:29 AM
"Chelsea players are always bitching against the referees. I really cannot understand that. Just shut the f*** up and focus on playing football. If you want to witness a lot of complaints, you should just go the bakery or something."

He added: "They [Barca players] always go up to referees in an attempt to get an opponent booked.

"They are trying to screw colleagues! That really annoys me.

"The Barcelona players nag about everything that happens on the pitch. I was disappointed with that."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6964170,00.html

Marc Overmars
03-06-2011, 08:41 AM
RVP. :bow:

What a man.

Hopefully he gets to play for a team that deserves his talent one day.

Cripps_orig
03-06-2011, 08:43 AM
Wilshere says we need to get in the refs faces more.

And now RVP says this

Arsenals media officer thingy whatever :bow:

Niall_Quinn
03-06-2011, 10:50 AM
Wilshere says we need to get in the refs faces more.

And now RVP says this

Arsenals media officer thingy whatever :bow:

Wilshere means punching the ref in the face and then pissing on his dead skull. I don't think he's saying we should go as far as complain about decisions.

Kaiser
03-06-2011, 11:39 AM
This is partially hilarious because RVP is often the biggest moaner in the team. Not to say he isn't justified in this quote but he does it a lot too, mainly because he gets fouled a lot. And on the other hand, he does make bad tackles like that brilliant rake down Messi's calf in the Nou Camp.

But yeah, the Chelsea, Man Utd Barcelona players are scum. If you can't fix the system, join it. We should be advocating general cuntishness on the pitch really.

budesonide
03-06-2011, 12:38 PM
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6964170,00.html

Hello RVP,

at least the Barca and Chelsea players do win stuff. And, it is not by cheating, no. It is through standing up to be counted often when it's needed. They do not bottle it like a bunch of pansies even when their manager comes out to say "we will fight till the end".

Cheers.

Penguin
03-06-2011, 12:53 PM
Hello RVP,

at least the Barca and Chelsea players do win stuff. And, it is not by cheating, no. It is through standing up to be counted often when it's needed. They do not bottle it like a bunch of pansies even when their manager comes out to say "we will fight till the end".

Cheers.
What? Winning stuff has nothing to do with RVP's comments (which are absolutely spot on). Aside from that good post I guess... :sarcy:

budesonide
03-06-2011, 01:13 PM
What? Winning stuff has nothing to do with RVP's comments (which are absolutely spot on). Aside from that good post I guess... :sarcy:

No it hasn't. The bigger point I am making is that wenger and his players should focus on their own deficiences. Chelsea and Barca have been winning stuff -- which is all that matters at the end of the day.

It is not as if our disciplinary record puts these clubs to shame. :)

Xhaka Can’t
03-06-2011, 01:17 PM
RvP is one of a very select group of players (1, 2 perhaps) in our team whose performances actually merit him making such comments.

budesonide
03-06-2011, 01:23 PM
RvP is one of a very select group of players (1, 2 perhaps) in our team whose performances actually merit him making such comments.

Agreed, although his disciplinary record is nothing to write home about. All I am saying is he is not entitled to a moral high horse. Then again, it is very easy to get one's hands on one, lol

V-Pig
03-06-2011, 01:25 PM
I'm eagerly anticipating the "Don't blame 'candid' Van Persie, says Wenger" story. :scarf:

V-Pig
03-06-2011, 08:56 PM
On Friday evening, Robin van Persie issued the following statement via Arsenal.com:

"I'm on international duty at the moment but following several reports in the media I think it's important to clarify some recent comments attributed to me.

"These reports falsely suggest that I recently made negative comments about Spanish and Chelsea players, I would like to make it perfectly clear that I haven't done an interview with Sport 1 or any other outlet in recent weeks and I've certainly not been rude as the comments suggest.

"I respect my colleagues of Spain and Chelsea and look forward to playing against them for many years to come. I sincerely hope that all football fans worldwide don't take these misleading reports seriously.

"I wish you all a great summer!"
http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/robin-van-persie-refutes-misleading-reports

GAAAAAAY

Master Splinter
03-06-2011, 10:37 PM
http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/robin-van-persie-refutes-misleading-reports

GAAAAAAY
What a pussy.

Sell this bottling bitch tbh.

Joker woz right.

fakeyank
03-06-2011, 10:51 PM
What a pussy.

Sell this bottling bitch tbh.

Joker woz right.

:gp:

For a bit, I was feeling proud of those comments. Now, it looks like we are back to being our sissy selfs! What a let down.. sell this goat!

Joker :bow:

Japan Shaking All Over
04-06-2011, 01:24 AM
He added: "They [Barca players] always go up to referees in an attempt to get an opponent booked

Cesc will fit fit in then

Kaiser
04-06-2011, 08:05 AM

GAAAAAAY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23ND3FKlT_k

KSE Comedy Club
05-06-2011, 06:55 PM
So, thats put to bed then.

Thought he made himself look like a wingey twat anyway, a sore looser.
Suppose he's learnt that from wenger.

Ironing
05-06-2011, 06:57 PM
So, thats put to bed then.

Thought he made himself look like a wingey twat anyway, a sore looser.
Suppose he's learnt that from wenger.

Yes, I'm sure he learnt to do the thing that he didn't actually do from wenger

Wait, what?

KSE Comedy Club
05-06-2011, 07:32 PM
originally I mean.

Glad it was bullshit.

Cripps_orig
09-06-2011, 01:09 PM
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3626841/IF-Cesc-Fabregas-quits-Arsenal-it-could-spell-Armageddon-for-Arsene-Wengers-squad.html

RVP might have second thoughts of signing a new long term contract if we let Cesc and Nasri go

McNamara That Ghost...
09-06-2011, 01:40 PM
Armageddon. :lol:

LDG
09-06-2011, 01:46 PM
Armageddon. :lol:

Just gonna close my eyes,
Just carry on being cheap,
I've just signed a new born baby,
And I won't spend a fucking thing!

-Arsensmith 2011

Kano
09-06-2011, 02:08 PM
gotta love the sun, endless articles based on nothing

Cripps_orig
09-06-2011, 02:09 PM
Its well known Cesc wants to leave and Nasri is stalling on signing a new contract.

I wouldnt call that based on nothing

Kano
09-06-2011, 02:10 PM
the rvp angle?

no quotes, no reference bar the writers one line and the editors headline.

so bollocks

Master Splinter
09-06-2011, 02:24 PM
so bollocks
:gp:

In a nutshell.

Pun possibly intended.

Darth Vela
09-06-2011, 02:27 PM
Thing is though, only one of them is leaving imo.

If Cesc goes, which is more likely, then Nasri will sign as he might get a little more cash but also might see it as a chance to take a central position, either way I think he's waiting till things are a little more certain in the squad.

If Nasri goes then we ain't gonna let Cesc go for anything less than 40/45m to make sure we can get a classy marquee signing in (not necessarily an AM or CM), Barca can't afford that so he'll stay.

Cripps_orig
09-06-2011, 02:29 PM
Use common sense, people.

Any half decent player would think twice about signing a new contract if we sold our 2 best players so the article is spot on.

Using the "its the Sun so its bollocks" excuse is weak

Saying that though, dont give a fuck if RVP leaves either. Already said on another thread that we should let Cesc and Nasri go

Master Splinter
09-06-2011, 02:30 PM
Use common sense, people.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. .............................

Boss
11-06-2011, 07:43 AM
Robin van Persie believes the behaviour of some of his "English colleagues" may hamper Arsenal's chances to win the Premier League next season due to their party lifestyle.

Van Persie says players must have pure motivation in order to win titles, something Arsenal have struggled to do in recent years, and questions whether young English players have that drive.

"The really top players aren't fooled by riches or fame because they are fully focused with their football. For me, it's very important to be having breakfast every morning with my two children and that wouldn't be possible if you were hanging about in a disco all night. When I see some of my English colleagues who are out till three in the morning, then I can only conclude that they are invariably finished at 33."

The Dutchman said in order for the Gunners to be in contention next season, they must learn from the mistakes of recent campaigns and add depth to their current playing roster over the summer.

"Every year it always goes wrong in an identical way and that is frustrating," said Van Persie. "When you look at results in the last years, then Arsenal shouldn't be talking about winning the league because too many times things have gone wrong.

"Sometimes you have to eat the truth and be realistic. But I do believe with the signing of a number of players, then next season we should be in there competing for prizes."

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/927547/robin-van-persie-slams-behaviour-of-english-players?cc=4716

Assume he's talking about Wilshere here... meh.

Boss
11-06-2011, 08:10 AM
IN the words of Robin van Persie, some Premier League stars are guilty of playing with 'the handbrake on' during matches.

These are the young millionaires who have become more interested in flash cars than putting everything into the job for which they are paid handsomely.

The Arsenal striker has played alongside fellow Dutchman Dennis Bergkamp, who retired at the Emirates Stadium just a few days after celebrating his 37th birthday.

And Van Persie, 27, also shares a close bond with Thierry Henry who is playing for New York Red Bulls in Major League Soccer aged 33.

The player signed from Feyenoord for just £2.75million in 2004 suffered an injury-plagued season but still racked up 22 goals.
This week he was in the Dutch side that drew against Uruguay - just days after England's latest shambolic performance, the 2-2 draw with Switzerland.

England boss Fabio Capello claimed his stars were too tired to perform properly.

But while some players are happy to party hard, Van Persie is determined to make the most of his talent.

He said: "I'll finally stop when my game looks so bad or when my wife says 'Robin, you're putting me to shame.' For me I play football because I love it and that's why I want to keep doing it as long as possible.

"The really top players aren't fooled by riches, fame or exclusive cars because they are fully focused with their football.

"It isn't easy, as sometimes a certain amount of nonchalance can creep in and everywhere in the world you see it goes wrong when players start playing casually with the handbrake on.

"I was in New York not so long ago and saw Thierry Henry playing. When you see him chasing and playing with so much desire it's fantastic.

"Thierry wants to win the championship in America and he's still hungry to win, in that he's a true lover of the game. I also have that in me.

"I really hope that I can keep on playing as long as him.

"Look at Van Nistelrooy, Seedorf, Van der Sar, Bergkamp - they managed to keep on playing for so long and still are because they lived like true professionals.

"It's important that one must not stay too long dwelling over disappointments.

"I fully believe what my national coach Bert van Marwijk says - that you always have to keep going and through that you can achieve other nice things.

"This only stops when your career is over and until then you have to have to be continuously highly motivated and passionate in every match.

"Desire and motivation is 60 per cent, 70 per cent decisive in what level a player reaches in his career."

Speaking of disappointments, however, they do not come much lower than the last few months of Arsenal's season.

Arsene Wenger's team appeared to be powering towards a momentous campaign as they chased trophies on four fronts.

Yet along came the Carling Cup final against Birmingham on February 27. And it all went embarrassingly wrong.

They lost that game 2-1, went out of the Champions League to Barcelona, lost in the FA Cup at Manchester United and slumped to fourth in the Premier League Yet Van Persie, who arrived shortly after Arsenal bagged their last League title in 2004, has seen these disappointments before.

He now hopes Wenger will make the signings which could make his team a major force.

But looking back on recent seasons, Van Persie says the club should no longer be expected to win the title.

He said: "Every year it goes wrong in an identical way and that is frustrating. When you look at results in the last years, Arsenal shouldn't be talking about winning the League because too many times that has gone wrong.

"Of course the hunger and desire is great but sometimes you have to eat and be realistic.

"But I believe with the signing of a number of players, we should be in there competing for the prizes.

"Even now, it's still unbelievable we didn't win the Carling Cup as that was the breakthrough moment, showing everyone we could win a cup and create a belief within the team.
"When I talk about that it still hurts. It was so stupid and I ask myself 'how did that come about?'

Van Persie is also disappoionted that yet another campaign saw him hit by injury, even though he was deadly in front of goal.

The Dutchman ended with 18 Premier League strikes, two behind joint Golden Boot winners Carlos Tevez and Dimitar Berbatov.

Van Persie said: "I was in a flow then and if I hadn't picked up an injury then for sure I would have been the top scorer in England.

"As far as scoring goes, this was the best season of my career but unfortunately once again we didn't win any prize."

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3631339/Robin-van-Persie-accuses-some-Premier-League-stars-of-playing-with-the-handbrake-on.html#ixzz1Ox8gi9dw

Another interview

Injury Time
11-06-2011, 08:12 AM
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/927547/robin-van-persie-slams-behaviour-of-english-players?cc=4716

Er yes family advise from RvanrodgeringahookerPersie :blink:

Kaiser
11-06-2011, 08:54 AM
Tbf to him, he seems to have matured from the petulant brat we bought in 2004 (but you never know for sure as we found out with Giggs). When he means colleagues, he means most English players, not just our ones.

Japan Shaking All Over
11-06-2011, 09:07 AM
he's not doing bad

coming out with 2 interviews that basically hit the nail on the head (although I believe that most teams including ourselves are guilty of swamping the ref)

I hope that some certain individuals are reading and taking note of his words.......to recent batch of wantaways for exmaple

Marc Overmars
11-06-2011, 09:38 AM
He's spot on once again.

Give him the armband.

Xhaka Can’t
11-06-2011, 09:50 AM
He's spot on once again.

Give him the armband.

Completely agree with this.

Joker
11-06-2011, 09:52 AM
We can't rely on him tbh. Expect him to get injured again and miss a large chunk of the season. You cannot go through a season with a first choice striker who is so injury prone and unreliable. The only season where he's played the majority of games (and not suffered a long term injury) was in 2008-2009, and that was a dismal season anyway, proving that he's not the sort of talisman some make him out to be.

V-Pig
11-06-2011, 09:56 AM
I would violate him.

Power n Glory
11-06-2011, 10:00 AM
That's after coming back from New York with Cesc and seeing Henry. I think they've both had a serious chat and reflection on their football careers. It will be interesting to see what happens over the next few months.

Japan Shaking All Over
11-06-2011, 10:14 AM
That's after coming back from New York with Cesc and seeing Henry. I think they've both had a serious chat and reflection on their football careers. It will be interesting to see what happens over the next few months.

RvP won't go......I think it was with a slightly heavy heart and done as much as he thought he could do attitude that Henry went

Cesc......may be skipping into the arms of Pique.......if not only to be spitting mates again!.......................sorry little bitter sounding aren't I:getcoat:

Olivier's xmas twist
11-06-2011, 10:34 AM
We can't rely on him tbh. Expect him to get injured again and miss a large chunk of the season. You cannot go through a season with a first choice striker who is so injury prone and unreliable. The only season where he's played the majority of games (and not suffered a long term injury) was in 2008-2009, and that was a dismal season anyway, proving that he's not the sort of talisman some make him out to be.

You really chat shite son't you With out RVP last season we'd have finshed off even worse. We can rely on him Its not his fault he ain't the fucking superman you want him to be.

Özim
11-06-2011, 12:32 PM
He's spot on once again.

Give him the armband.
Yup great post.

Toronto Gooner
11-06-2011, 12:37 PM

While I think that Wilshere is the main target of the comments, I suspect that it applies to several other young British players. Having pointed out that Wilshere's off-field antics could seriously derail his career (along with dubious tackling ability), I glad but not pleased that one of his team mates has publicly spoken about the GHEL mentality amongst some of Arsenal's young British players.

While

Ollie the Optimist
11-06-2011, 12:49 PM

he played half a season this year, scored 22 goals, broke the record for consective goals in away matches, oh and it was at the busisness end of the season. i think we can rely on him

Power n Glory
11-06-2011, 01:39 PM
RvP won't go......I think it was with a slightly heavy heart and done as much as he thought he could do attitude that Henry went

Cesc......may be skipping into the arms of Pique.......if not only to be spitting mates again!.......................sorry little bitter sounding aren't I:getcoat:

Not so sure about that. Last time we had contract talks, he was on the Henry vibe with the stalling saying 'match my sporting ambition'. In that story, he's talking about us building on what we have and adding numbers to the squad. Not so sure how he'd feel if we sold key players and brought in a fresh batch of kids. We'll see.

I don't think Cesc is looking for a move this season. May just leave it on the hands of Arsenal and Barca. It's us telling them the price at the moment. But I think both him and RVP are on the same wave length regarding the club and went out to speak to the man that's been there and done it.

Marc Overmars
12-06-2011, 09:28 PM
RVP clarifies on Twitter.

Who am I to judge. Think the prem league is amazing and so are the boys playing in it!! 3/3

Only thing I meant to say is if u look after urself u can enjoy a longer career. Never mentioned english players in particular. 2/3

Want to clear up some things.I supposed to have made comments about the lifestyle of english players Words have been taken out of context1/3

V-Pig
12-06-2011, 10:14 PM
:bow: