PDA

View Full Version : England winning the World Cup or Arsenal winning the Champions League?

cheesy bites
04-06-2011, 10:38 AM
If it came down to it, which would you rather see?

Club vs. country.

EDIT: Replace your country (or club) where it fits for you

Shaqiri Is Boss
04-06-2011, 10:40 AM
Club.

Easily.

cheesy bites
04-06-2011, 10:42 AM
Honestly I would have to say the World Cup. I love Arsenal and would be ecstatic if they won the CL (or anything), but the country winning the World Cup would be absolutely mental, in a good way.

GP
04-06-2011, 10:48 AM
Club. Always.

Rors
04-06-2011, 10:52 AM
"And instead of paying attention to the match we're supposed to be watching, at half-time we will be getting the latest from the England camp". :sick:

dazthegooner
04-06-2011, 10:54 AM
Well England have already won the world cup. So got to be Arsenal :)

Xhaka Can’t
04-06-2011, 11:19 AM
Club over country in a heartbeat.

Marc Overmars
04-06-2011, 11:22 AM
Yeah, club without a doubt.

It's not even a debate tbh.

Cripps_orig
04-06-2011, 12:16 PM
Club by a distance

Toronto Gooner
04-06-2011, 12:21 PM
Even if this were not an Arsenal forum, Arsenal winning would be the only answer. England winning the world cup would represent a backward step for football.

McNamara That Ghost...
04-06-2011, 01:06 PM
Arsenal winning the Champions League, or anything, actually.

Xhaka Can’t
04-06-2011, 01:14 PM
Yeah, I don't even care about the LC but I'd take that for arsenal over anything by the national team.

Master Splinter
04-06-2011, 01:28 PM
"And instead of paying attention to the match we're supposed to be watching, at half-time we will be getting the latest from the England camp". :sick:
:lol:

Pretty much.

"Thomas Muller has scored four amazing goals and Germany are leading Spain 5-0 in this semi-final, but let's hypothesise how if we'd just beaten x and x, we'd easily take these Spaniards who don't look up to much now. And Rooney would definitely have scored at least six by now, he's world-class, unlike these Germans who have somehow constantly outperformed and on many occasions embarassed us."

Xhaka Can’t
04-06-2011, 01:39 PM
We'll never know, thanks to that suicidal backpass by Gerrard with three minutes left in the round of 16 match against Belgium.

Pretty much.

"Thomas Muller has scored four amazing goals and Germany are leading Spain 5-0 in this semi-final, but let's hypothesise how if we'd just beaten x and x, we'd easily take these Spaniards who don't look up to much now. And Rooney would definitely have scored at least six by now, he's world-class, unlike these Germans who have somehow constantly outperformed and on many occasions embarassed us."

The Wengerbabies
04-06-2011, 01:51 PM
Club easily. Couldn't care less about the national team.

Rors
04-06-2011, 04:38 PM

Pretty much.

Indeed. As "you look through that German team and all you see is mediocrity. It's time for England to expose that mediocrity" - Alan Hansen, Cape Town, Sunday 27th June 2010

WengerISaLizard
06-06-2011, 01:55 AM
you lot are crazy imo

the glory of England winning the world cup, massive fucking party up and down the country and hell we've just about finished celebrating 66', im tired of all the smug Spanish people i've come across since the last world cup already

It would be incomparable to arsenal winning an annual cup competition, that would be great, but nowhere near the scale of a world cup win

Xhaka Can’t
06-06-2011, 06:40 AM
you lot are crazy imo

the glory of England winning the world cup, massive fucking party up and down the country and hell we've just about finished celebrating 66', im tired of all the smug Spanish people i've come across since the last world cup already

It would be incomparable to arsenal winning an annual cup competition, that would be great, but nowhere near the scale of a world cup win

You have probably just made the wrongest post yet on the new Board.