PDA

View Full Version : Crystal Palace V Arsenal, 26 October KO 12:45

Pages : [1] 2

fakeyank
23-10-2013, 04:27 PM
We should try and kill this game off asap. Holloway just left his position and they do not seem to be in a good position on and off the pitch. We MUST take advantage and get over the loss against Dortmund.

COME ON YOU GOONERS!! :scarf:

Özil's Panoramic View
23-10-2013, 05:23 PM
It will be one of our seasonal routing of a pub team.

I reckon the score will reach devastating proportions, but I really hope it will be one where we do so whilst keeping a clean sheet.

0-7.

#COYG :scarf:

McNamara That Ghost...
23-10-2013, 05:54 PM
Chakma will have his revenge.

Munchies
23-10-2013, 07:04 PM
If you don't have BT Sport, they're offering this game on their free to air weekend

Freeview/Sky/anything else that gets Bt Sport.

:good:

Nayan
23-10-2013, 07:06 PM
holloway leaving makes his a bit of a banana skin. Not because palace will suddenly start playing but because we need to remember we are facing premiership* footballers and not a pub team

*ok some of them are champo mid table at best but you get the point

Marc Overmars
23-10-2013, 07:22 PM
Palace are full on shite so anything less than a comfortable win would be disappointing.

Master Splinter
23-10-2013, 08:26 PM
Not only because of New Manager Syndrome, but just because of the inevitability of a struggle against a team we're expected to trounce, this will be a struggle.

Going all-out attack and killing the game off in the first half would be good with all the games coming up though.

I hope he gives Gnabry a run-out. He may not be the finished article, but having someone quick who will make runs that Ozil/Cazorla can pick out would give our attacks a dimension they've been missing since Podolski and Theo's death. The speed of our play would be greatly increased and it just gives the opposition another problem, even if it is one of the poorest teams in the League.

Szczesny

Sagna
BFG
Koscielny
Gibbs

Flamini
Rosicky
Ozil

Cazorla
Giroud
Gnabry

Ramsey can do damage from the bench if he's needed again.

PGFC
23-10-2013, 08:28 PM
They've lost Holloway then, so Pukeface in on Friday and a miraculous turnaround in form in time for our visit, marvellous <_<

Bumble
23-10-2013, 08:28 PM
We will smash them as they are rubbish playing with no confidence and no manager. Also playing away might mean they will be more adventurous in front of their own fans.

-Xs-
23-10-2013, 09:51 PM
All the making of a potential banana skin this one

Over confident fans
New manager syndrome
We lost our previous match..

1-1.

However, if this is the new Arsenal, not the one of the last few years, we will run out comfortable winners, 1-6

GP
23-10-2013, 09:52 PM
We've a habit of reacting strongly after a defeat, so I'm not worried.

Master Splinter
23-10-2013, 09:57 PM
Still 0-3?

GP
23-10-2013, 09:57 PM
No dizoubt.

Master Splinter
23-10-2013, 10:04 PM
If we fuck this up it will be like the most depressing week, like, ever.

If we win, then the Chelsea v Citeh match is :popcorn:, we're winning the League and Dortmund are going to get an absolute pasting in the return leg.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
23-10-2013, 10:58 PM
Hopefully Flamini is back for this one

cant have Arteta playing and having another shocker.

0-3

Ozil hattrick

Master Splinter
23-10-2013, 11:02 PM
Nice to have Ach back on GW.

GP
23-10-2013, 11:41 PM
Nice to have Ach back on GW.

Nah

hobson's choice
24-10-2013, 01:52 AM
1-6

Palace are that bad, I feel bit sorry for them. they are not a PL team, they have a chance to be historically bad.

LDG
24-10-2013, 08:48 AM
Hoping for a meaningless win, personally.

The more goals, the more meaningless, the better.

Letters
24-10-2013, 09:14 AM
Hoping for a meaningless win, personally.

The more goals, the more meaningless, the better.

:haha:

JonasTC
24-10-2013, 05:54 PM
I have no doubt we will kill palace, they are one of the worst teams in the prem in recent times and they have bought like a gazillion players, that have no idea of how to play together, so when they meet a tiki-taka team like us, they will be left in depression and will be sending FA a letter asking if they can get they can move down to the championship instead.

Syn
24-10-2013, 06:14 PM
Yeah it should be alright. Might not be a cricket score but should be comfortable enough. Like when we played a near full strength side at Bradford last year and battered them.

Really hope Gnabry plays. Want to see more of that guy. Looks really talented and maybe he's already ready for the top level.

The Emirates Gallactico
24-10-2013, 06:33 PM
Crystal Palace are absolute filth at the moment. Anything less than 5 goals against them should be considered a failure.

Dein-machine
25-10-2013, 10:57 AM
Hope we dont think we need 2 DM's like we did against Norwich. Holloway has bottled it, realised if shit like Fulham can destroy them what could do rampaging Arse do - he fucked off pretty quick, if we go at them from the start & play them high up the pitch there's a goal fest on the cards. Agree the we should give Gnabbers a start in attacking role with Giroud & Ozil. Cazorla, Flamini & Rambo behind.

PGFC
25-10-2013, 11:02 AM
Puncheon hat-trick so 3-10 :good:

McNamara That Ghost...
25-10-2013, 11:52 AM
Yeah Flamini would only miss the Chelsea game if he was to get a yellow so not worth leaving him out for this.

Syn
25-10-2013, 12:45 PM
Yeah Flamini would only miss the Chelsea game if he was to get a yellow so not worth leaving him out for this.

Absolutely. If he has any sense, he should take a free kick too slowly or summat.

Wilshere a doubt, which is a shame because he was working his way back to pre-injury form. He should take the game off though to make sure he can play against Liverpool. Ramsey also needs the game off. Ozil should take this lot on his own. Still waiting for a £42.4m performance from him. Heisenberg Ramsey has taken the limelight so far. Ozil needs to show some pace because he's actually rapid. Nearly theo-quick.

McNamara That Ghost...
25-10-2013, 01:04 PM
They could have earnt themselves a rest had we not screwed it up against Dortmund, although Wheelchair can't get much blame for that. As it is, they're just going to have to destroy Palace in ten minutes. :pray:

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
25-10-2013, 04:44 PM
Absolutely. If he has any sense, he should take a free kick too slowly or summat.

Wilshere a doubt, which is a shame because he was working his way back to pre-injury form. He should take the game off though to make sure he can play against Liverpool. Ramsey also needs the game off. Ozil should take this lot on his own. Still waiting for a £42.4m performance from him. Heisenberg Ramsey has taken the limelight so far. Ozil needs to show some pace because he's actually rapid. Nearly theo-quick.

That's an interesting view.... Did you think his game against Napoli was a 42.4/5 million performance?

Anyway team: I very much agree with most that Gnabry should play. If we can't make use of the odd squad player in a game like this, then when can we....

--------------Szczesny--------------

Sagna-----Merkyl-----KOS------Gibbs

-------Flamini---------Rosicky--------

Gnabry------Mesut.Ozil--------Cazorla

-----------Olivier Giroud--------------

fakeyank
25-10-2013, 06:17 PM
That's an interesting view.... Did you think his game against Napoli was a 42.4/5 million performance?

Anyway team: I very much agree with most that Gnabry should play. If we can't make use of the odd squad player in a game like this, then when can we....

--------------Szczesny--------------

Sagna-----Merkyl-----KOS------Gibbs

-------Flamini---------Rosicky--------

Gnabry------Mesut.Ozil--------Cazorla

-----------Olivier Giroud--------------

I wouldnt mind giving Monreal a game and give Gibbs a rest or may be play Tommy V there and keep him charged up. Completely agree on Gnabry.. lad has looked sharp so far. We need to give him more opportunities.

JonasTC
25-10-2013, 09:18 PM

What exactly do you expect from Özil? (honest question) He's been here 2 months, 8 games 3 goals, 5 assist and if it wasnt for walcotts poor finishing he would have even more assists, i think he shows almost everytime he has the ball, that he's not the normal kind of player.

fakeyank
25-10-2013, 09:19 PM
What exactly do you expect from Özil? (honest question) He's been here 2 months, 8 games 3 goals, 5 assist and if it wasnt for walcotts poor finishing he would have even more assists, i think he shows almost everytime he has the ball, that he's not the normal kind of player.

:gp:

Top post here! IMO Ozil has shown that he is actually the 80 million quid player and not the chimp Madrid got... Madrid! :pal:

Syn
25-10-2013, 09:26 PM

Yes because I said he's a 'normal player' :rolleyes:

LDG
25-10-2013, 09:41 PM

Why would you say he was normal?

He's quite clearly quite super.

Drunk syn :lol:

JonasTC
25-10-2013, 09:44 PM

I didnt say you did. English is not my 1. language so im not sure if you misunderstood me, but i just wanted to know what kind of performance you expect of him, what is a 42.5m performance for you?

Syn
25-10-2013, 09:47 PM

If it was, what was Ramsey's performance worthy of?

He's a very unselfish player who has made everyone else up their game in midfield. But he's about as talented as they get, and we will get performances where we are struggling to break through (like against Dortmund) and Ozil will get us over the line. He said he's here to improve. How do you improve from getting more assists than everyone else in world football? I guess he's here to become the main man and shoulder the responsibility of taking us up a level. He's doing very well and it's clear he's a class apart, but there's a lot more to come from him thinking back to some of his performances for Germany.

Syn
25-10-2013, 09:51 PM
I didnt say you did. English is not my 1. language so im not sure if you misunderstood me, but i just wanted to know what kind of performance you expect of him, what is a 42.5m performance for you?

The kind of performances yet to come are against top opposition when we're struggling to get into the game, and we're looking at him as the go to guy to wrestle a win. That's the challenge for him to deliver and that's why he's here and not just laying assists for Ronaldo to get the headlines.

LDG
25-10-2013, 11:04 PM
The kind of performances yet to come are against top opposition when we're struggling to get into the game, and we're looking at him as the go to guy to wrestle a win. That's the challenge for him to deliver and that's why he's here and not just laying assists for Ronaldo to get the headlines.

I have to say I agree.

We have been arshavined before.

I do hope ozil does big games too.

Munchies
25-10-2013, 11:59 PM
Flamini will get a booking this game :good:

misses Chelsea in the league cup, back for Liverpool/United (whichever is first)

mkkreuk
26-10-2013, 07:43 AM
Flamini will get a booking this game :good:

misses Chelsea in the league cup, back for Liverpool/United (whichever is first)

Liverpool is next week.

Tough first half, but a drubbing in the second I think. 5-0 to us - first clean sheet in a while.

Master Splinter
26-10-2013, 08:18 AM
first clean sheet in a while.

It's almost certain Chamakh or Thomas will pub one in.

Xhaka Can’t
26-10-2013, 08:53 AM
Chamakh is bound to have the game of his life today.

Whether that means he manages a goal against us is another matter.

Marc Overmars
26-10-2013, 09:21 AM

To be honest Dortmund and Napoli are the only decent sides we've faced in about 2 months, he's coasted through in 3rd gear so far because he hasn't really needed to deliver that 42m performance.

Definitely way more to come from him and we'll find out what he's really about soon enough.

Master Splinter
26-10-2013, 09:34 AM
He had a little bug according to Wenfer, so maybe he can be excused for Tuesday's performance. He does seem to be constantly poorly.

Syn
26-10-2013, 09:41 AM
Mertesacker has had the flu a couple of international breaks in a row, too. Obviously Podolski is the new Frimpong now just substituting "aha" for #dench.

Germans :lol:

No wonder we beat them.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
26-10-2013, 10:13 AM
I wouldnt mind giving Monreal a game and give Gibbs a rest or may be play Tommy V there and keep him charged up. Completely agree on Gnabry.. lad has looked sharp so far. We need to give him more opportunities.
I have suddenly begun to feel that way about Sagna and Jenkinson. Perhaps Jenks could start today and Sagna can play midweek with Merkyl and Vermaelen at CB and Monreal. There's a few things you could do I suppose.

If it was, what was Ramsey's performance worthy of?

He's a very unselfish player who has made everyone else up their game in midfield. But he's about as talented as they get, and we will get performances where we are struggling to break through (like against Dortmund) and Ozil will get us over the line. He said he's here to improve. How do you improve from getting more assists than everyone else in world football? I guess he's here to become the main man and shoulder the responsibility of taking us up a level. He's doing very well and it's clear he's a class apart, but there's a lot more to come from him thinking back to some of his performances for Germany.

It probably sounded like a loaded question, but actually I was just genuinely curious because I kind of agree. As you have already emphasised, not so much in the way of him not being anything special so far.... but in the way of the there is a lot more to come from him. He is highly talented and can add more goals to his game (than he did at Real) in the absence of a behemoth and grandiose outlet of a team mate like Cronaldo. It's easy to think his role will be the same for us as it was for the Galacticegos, but that is not really the case given he will have different players with different skill sets around him in a totally different league with different tactical mind sets. Of course he is always going to get a ton of assists but that doesn't necessarily mean his role is the same. Cesc is a good example of that.

And for your amusement, Ramsey is playing like a 50 million player. Although his goal the other day (I have to confess) unnerved me a little as it was remarkably like a few Sami 'buck tooth' Nasri has scored for us. *Shudder*

McNamara That Ghost...
26-10-2013, 10:31 AM
BT Sport's programme is on now. Even Sky don't spend this long on build-up. :lol:

GP
26-10-2013, 10:36 AM
Are they REALLY showing 2 nobodies playing fifa?

McNamara That Ghost...
26-10-2013, 10:36 AM
Oxocube is such a GHEL.

McNamara That Ghost...
26-10-2013, 10:40 AM
Are they REALLY showing 2 nobodies playing fifa?

Should be Team Fortress 2.

McNamara That Ghost...
26-10-2013, 10:48 AM
How can Ox be smug about that victory? :lol:

McNamara That Ghost...
26-10-2013, 10:55 AM
Crystal Palace: Speroni, Ward, Delaney, Gabbidon, Moxey, Jedinak, Dikgacoi, Bannan, Thomas, Guedioura, Chamakh.
Subs: Price, Mariappa, O'Keefe, Puncheon, Kebe, Bolasie, Gayle.

Arsenal: Szczesny, Sagna, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Gibbs, Arteta, Flamini, Ramsey, Özil, Cazorla, Giroud.
Subs: Fabianski, Monreal, Vermaelen, Wilshere, Rosicky, Gnabry, Bendtner.

Marc Overmars
26-10-2013, 10:55 AM
My first experience of BT.

Little bit shit tbh.

McNamara That Ghost...
26-10-2013, 10:57 AM
James, McManaman and Hargreaves in the studio.

Munchies
26-10-2013, 11:01 AM
My first experience of BT.

Little bit shit tbh.

:lol:

Can't be fucked listening to them for 45 mins, will watch at the kick off

Munchies
26-10-2013, 11:02 AM
Arsenal team to play Crystal Palace: Szczesny, Sagna, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Gibbs, Arteta, Flamini, Ramsey, Ozil, Cazorla, Giroud
Arsenal subs: Fabianski, Monreal, Vermaelen, Wilshere, Rosicky, Gnabry, Bendtner

McNamara That Ghost...
26-10-2013, 11:04 AM
Bt Sport have to use clips from TalkSport? :lol:

milla
26-10-2013, 11:05 AM
Arteta and Flamini midfield is a bit shite tbh, best CM is playing on the wing? Wumger :doh:

Munchies
26-10-2013, 11:06 AM
We're accomodating Arteta really, I'd rather put Ramsey back in the middle and put Gnabry on

GP
26-10-2013, 11:06 AM
Glad our best DM is starting.

Flamini, too.

JonasTC
26-10-2013, 11:07 AM
Arteta and Flamini midfield is a bit shite tbh, best CM in playing on the wing? Wumger :doh:

Same feeling here :s The guy has been world class on CM and then he sticks him on the wing :s Hopefully it changes once we get ox and walcott back, then he's forced to stick him back into CM.

McNamara That Ghost...
26-10-2013, 11:07 AM
"It's just poor defending". Well, yes Steve.

Master Splinter
26-10-2013, 11:08 AM
It seems the Flarteta (sorry) axis is Wenget's preferred choice.

I hope he doesn't run it into the ground.

Ramsey, Ozil, Cazorla and Giroud are hopefully in tune from kick-off and are in ruthless mode.

Come on Arsenal :scarf:.

GP
26-10-2013, 11:09 AM
Forget playing on the wings. We don't play with traditional wingers anyway. They'll drift around as they like.

The Emirates Gallactico
26-10-2013, 11:11 AM
Don't really feel we need both Flamini and Arteta against Palace. :unsure:

Would have given Ozil and possibly Ramsey a rest today. Gnabry and Jack should be more than enough to see of a shit Palace team.

Master Splinter
26-10-2013, 11:12 AM
Arteta and Flamini midfield is a bit shite tbh, best CM is playing on the wing? Wumger :doh:

It's more likely that Ramsey, Ozil and Cazorla will be roaming everywhere, especially with the two-man shield of Flamini and Arteta behind them.

Ramsey hasn't played on the wings for a long time now, so the pre-match crying is probably unnecessary.

McNamara That Ghost...
26-10-2013, 11:14 AM
Hopefully Keith Millen is the new Terry Connor.

Master Splinter
26-10-2013, 11:14 AM
Would have given Ozil and possibly Ramsey a rest today.

They will have a week's rest, seeing as they won't play in midweek.

McNamara That Ghost...
26-10-2013, 11:16 AM
Hargreaves. :haha:

Getting the Keane treatment.

McNamara That Ghost...
26-10-2013, 11:19 AM
We signed Flamini on a tree transfer according to Humphrey

Master Splinter
26-10-2013, 11:21 AM
Did you know Flamini was actually our secret most important signing?

And that it's secretly gone under-the-radar?

McNamara That Ghost...
26-10-2013, 11:25 AM

He doesn't get the credit he deserves.

McNamara That Ghost...
26-10-2013, 11:26 AM
http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/70727000/jpg/_70727052_0db43bed-ff11-4d67-bef2-56445e0a137a.jpg

Wenger. :bow:

McNamara That Ghost...
26-10-2013, 11:31 AM
Claude Makalilly. :haha:

McNamara That Ghost...
26-10-2013, 11:33 AM
Ray Stubbs. :lol:

I remember when he used to present on shows.

Syn
26-10-2013, 11:35 AM

the problem with arsenal is they always try to walk it in. What's Wenger thinking putting Walcott on that early?

Syn
26-10-2013, 11:39 AM
Ramsey won't be playing in his best position but at least him playing further up means the Ramsey last goalscorer bet is a goodun.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
26-10-2013, 11:39 AM
flamini bit superb

BT sport spot on

McNamara That Ghost...
26-10-2013, 11:43 AM
'Av a bang on that.

Maestro
26-10-2013, 11:44 AM
we need our own cheerleaders tbbh

Marc Overmars
26-10-2013, 11:44 AM
Graphics of the managers in their training gear. :lol:

McNamara That Ghost...
26-10-2013, 11:45 AM
That Wenger photo was disturbing.

Marc Overmars
26-10-2013, 11:45 AM
Oh god, forgot they had little Micky on commentary.

Come on Arsenal!!

McNamara That Ghost...
26-10-2013, 11:46 AM
Come on Arsenal. :bow:

Marc Overmars
26-10-2013, 11:47 AM
Scores on the bottom left?

McNamara That Ghost...
26-10-2013, 11:49 AM
Giroud header, over. Good cross from Sagna.

McNamara That Ghost...
26-10-2013, 11:52 AM
In-screen player watch. :lol:

McNamara That Ghost...
26-10-2013, 11:53 AM
Flamini off injured, Gnabry on. :doh:

JonasTC
26-10-2013, 11:54 AM
Gnabry is little bit awesome, so nice to see him vs palace

McNamara That Ghost...
26-10-2013, 11:55 AM
Poor from Cazorla.

Maestro
26-10-2013, 11:56 AM
flamini should have got his yellow before coming off ffs

McNamara That Ghost...
26-10-2013, 11:58 AM
Poor cross from Gnabry.

Flamini can still get a yellow, just needs to cause havoc on the bench.

McNamara That Ghost...
26-10-2013, 11:59 AM
I thought Delaney saved that. :lol:

Penguin
flamini should have got his yellow before coming off ffs

Rest him vs Chelsea IMO

Maestro
Poor cross from Gnabry.

Flamini can still get a yellow, just needs to cause havoc on the bench.

good idea

JonasTC
wtf!? it looked like he clearly did a goalkeeper save :D

McNamara That Ghost...
Bannan header, over.

McNamara That Ghost...
26-10-2013, 12:02 PM
Owen is horrific.

Maestro
26-10-2013, 12:02 PM
need to step it up, before palace start getting encouraged

McNamara That Ghost...
26-10-2013, 12:03 PM
Hit it Özil!

Maestro
26-10-2013, 12:03 PM
should have shot oz

McNamara That Ghost...
26-10-2013, 12:07 PM
Moxey nearly lets Sagna make a good cross.

Munchies
Palace playing like Chelski ffs

McNamara That Ghost...
Speroni. :haha:

Maestro
26-10-2013, 12:08 PM
sagna has made 3 good crosses in 20 minutes

McNamara That Ghost...
26-10-2013, 12:09 PM
Jedinak takes Ramsey out.

McNamara That Ghost...
26-10-2013, 12:09 PM
Bit strong on a dinked ball there Ramsey. :lol:

Munchies
26-10-2013, 12:11 PM
Palace's bench all got nike tops, their players dont ??? :wacko:

Thierrymon
26-10-2013, 12:11 PM
Ozil looking a little off the pace so far (as he did against dortmund).

Özil's Panoramic View
26-10-2013, 12:12 PM
We have been looking little bit pub team thus far.

Come on lads, time to remember how we play.

McNamara That Ghost...
26-10-2013, 12:13 PM
Chakma strikes it. :o

Ches saves.

Maestro
26-10-2013, 12:14 PM
it's official, palace are now encouraged

come on you gunners, let's start playing ffs

JonasTC
26-10-2013, 12:16 PM
we have like 70-80% possesion but only 1 attempt at goal :s palace has 4

McNamara That Ghost...
Guedioura shot, saved.

Xhaka Can’t
Palace looking the sharper side - certainly more incisive in attack.

fakeyank
26-10-2013, 12:17 PM
They might upset us, if we keep playing like we are in the championship

Maestro
26-10-2013, 12:17 PM
we have like 70-80% possesion but only 1 attempt at goal :s palace has 4

what you do wit the ball when you have it, is all that matters

everything else is meaningless, it means absolutely nothing

McNamara That Ghost...
26-10-2013, 12:18 PM
Bannan goes for the curler, Delaney nearly there to head it in. :lol:

Us. :doh:

Munchies
26-10-2013, 12:19 PM
fuck thought it was goin in !

Xhaka Can’t
This is getting silly now. We are second to everything.

Maestro
come on you fuckers, palace are arguably the worst team in the division

McNamara That Ghost...
26-10-2013, 12:20 PM
Cazorla smashes it right across goal. Gah.

Maestro
jeeeezzzzzzzz

Munchies
ffs comon !!

McNamara That Ghost...
26-10-2013, 12:23 PM
Ches. :doh:

Maestro
we are shite so far

Globalgunner
Only 1 team looking up for this. We need to score first, otherwise, you know, they are going to get some lucky break in the 2nd half.

McNamara That Ghost...
26-10-2013, 12:24 PM
Ramsey shoots, Speroni saves!

Maestro
better from rambo, shot on target

McNamara That Ghost...
Guedioura. :rolleyes:

What a waste.

Penguin
26-10-2013, 12:25 PM
Guedioura shoots 50 yards from goal :lol:

McNamara That Ghost...
Was that outside? Damn close.

Munchies
thats a penalty !

McNamara That Ghost...
26-10-2013, 12:26 PM
Well done Arteta.

Sagna. :lol:

McNamara That Ghost...
26-10-2013, 12:26 PM
Chakma. :haha:

Xhaka Can’t
26-10-2013, 12:27 PM
That should have been a goal. Thank fuck it was Chamakh

Maestro
we are seriously fucking around

Penguin
Chamakh misses the ball completely :lol:

He looks determined to score. Hopefully no ex-player curse today.

Newguy
26-10-2013, 12:28 PM
midfield keep giving the ball away

McNamara That Ghost...
That's horrific from Ramsey. :doh:

Özim
Chakma. :haha:

Awful player as we know so no surprise to see him screw everything up!

McNamara That Ghost...
26-10-2013, 12:30 PM
Giroud shoots in to the ground, easy for Speroni.

Maestro
26-10-2013, 12:30 PM
if we serve up more of this turge shit in the second half, we will lose today

Xhaka Can’t
26-10-2013, 12:31 PM
Giroud unlucky - that ball seemed to hang for ages.

I guess that what a slo mo replay will do.

Newguy
26-10-2013, 12:31 PM
Need Jack in the second half

McNamara That Ghost...
26-10-2013, 12:32 PM
0-0 HT. :lol:

Xhaka Can’t
That was a seriously poor effort.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
shocking

JonasTC
26-10-2013, 12:33 PM
Probably our worst half of the season so far :s We are not doing anything right

fakeyank
26-10-2013, 12:33 PM
Wenger should lay into the fuckers for such a shit half!

Penguin
26-10-2013, 12:34 PM
Need Jack in the second half

Oh please no. I can't remember the last time he had a good game.

Özim
26-10-2013, 12:35 PM
Oh please no. I can't remember the last time he had a good game.

Bring him on, he can smoke them out!

The Emirates Gallactico
26-10-2013, 12:36 PM
Could play a lot better but Palace are parking the bus very effectively to their credit. Dissapointed in Gnabry so far. He needs to run right at them with his pace yet he seems to scared to do so.

Master Splinter
26-10-2013, 12:36 PM
That was a bit shit.

Gnabry and Cazorla are playing for Palace.

Time for Rosicky.

Özil's Panoramic View
26-10-2013, 12:37 PM
Again, we're too narrow.

Absolutely nothing from the flanks, and Palace are crowding the middle.

Power n Glory
They no manager. It's impossible for us to drop points here today.

Penguin
Are we paying the price for using virtually the same 11 players for 90 minutes every match?

Apart from Gnabry these guys ran themselves into the ground against Dortmund on Tuesday.

Özim
26-10-2013, 12:38 PM
They no manager. It's impossible for us to drop points here today.

He's not a bumbling idiot though!

RomfordPele
26-10-2013, 12:39 PM
Pathetic response to Tuesday so far: outplayed by the weakest team in the division

Some of these boys are starting to believe their own hype trying to replicate the wonder goal. Play to the conditions ffs. Feed giroud early.

Özim
Are we paying the price for using virtually the same 11 players for 90 minutes every match?

Apart from Gnabry these guys ran themselves into the ground against Dortmund on Tuesday.

It's a squad game to be fair.

Marc Overmars
Well that was a bit shit.

We appear to be in a comfort zone after recent performances, too much casual passing and no real incisiveness.

Thankfully Palace are awful but we really need to step it up a notch.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
26-10-2013, 12:40 PM
half time analysis spot on

arteta :haha:

McNamara That Ghost...
26-10-2013, 12:44 PM
I don't think Palace can keep that pressing going Dortmund style for 90+ minutes, just hope we don't do anything stupid in the meantime.

Penguin
26-10-2013, 12:45 PM
I don't understand the hype around Gnabry. Yeah he's good at playing simple passes in the middle, but he doesn't do anything else. Even in the Swansea game he was anonymous aside from the goal and that one dribble in the first half. He needs to come out of his shell and actually contribute to our attack if he wants to realistically challenge for a place when Theo and Podolski come back, otherwise he'll sink right back to the reserve team for a long time.

Munchies
26-10-2013, 12:45 PM
I think this shows how much we needed another quality CDM really, like Bender.

Xhaka Can’t
26-10-2013, 12:46 PM
Can't see this match prompting many subscribers.

McNamara That Ghost...
26-10-2013, 12:47 PM
Come on Arsenal. :bow:

Penguin
26-10-2013, 12:48 PM
Come on guys! :scarf:

Newguy
I don't understand the hype around Gnabry. Yeah he's good at playing simple passes in the middle, but he doesn't do anything else. Even in the Swansea game he was anonymous aside from the goal and that one dribble in the first half. He needs to come out of his shell and actually contribute to our attack if he wants to realistically challenge for a place when Theo and Podolski come back, otherwise he'll sink right back to the reserve team for a long time.

Id like to see eisfield get more minutes instead of gnabry tbh. Not sure how flamini getting injured doesnt mean rosicky or jack on instaed of gnabry, nor sure what wenger what thinking with that sub

McNamara That Ghost...
PELANTY!

Thierrymon
Penalty!

Letters
Pel!

Penguin
26-10-2013, 12:49 PM

Özil's Panoramic View
Fuck yeah!

Munchies
Get in !!!!!!

Thierrymon
Arteta!!

Xhaka Can’t
Stonewaller - totally shocked it was given,

McNamara That Ghost...
ARTETA!!! Excellently taken.

Penguin
Brilliant penalty

Munchies
26-10-2013, 12:50 PM

YESSSSSSSSSSS

Xhaka Can’t
26-10-2013, 12:50 PM
Well taken - hopefully we can get a few more.

Goals that is - not pels.

McNamara That Ghost...
26-10-2013, 12:52 PM
Gnabry nearly pubs one in!

Penguin
26-10-2013, 12:52 PM
Great move, unlucky

McNamara That Ghost...
26-10-2013, 12:53 PM
Freekick to Palace, dangerous area.

Sod off Bannan.

Xhaka Can’t
26-10-2013, 12:54 PM
We really don't need to give away FKs like that.

Penguin
Stupid foul from Gibbs. We had enough men back...

Özil's Panoramic View
That wasn't a foul.

McNamara That Ghost...
That might be the worst freekick ever.

McNamara That Ghost...
26-10-2013, 12:55 PM
Sexy turn from Ramsey, shame about after that.

Xhaka Can’t
26-10-2013, 12:56 PM
Awful from Bif

McNamara That Ghost...
Giroud shoulder, somehow puts it miles wide from where he was.

Penguin
Oh dear... Giroud :lol:

Loveley ball from Kos to Sagna though

Marc Overmars
You're better than that Bif.

Xhaka Can’t
26-10-2013, 12:57 PM
Very poor from Gnabry

McNamara That Ghost...
26-10-2013, 12:57 PM
Good run from Özil.

McNamara That Ghost...
26-10-2013, 12:58 PM
Brilliant from BFG, even if he fell over afterwards.

McNamara That Ghost...
26-10-2013, 12:59 PM
Thomas off, Bolasie on. Bolasie looked lively in the pre-match FIFA game.

Özil's Panoramic View
26-10-2013, 01:00 PM
Has Wenger been looking to turn Ozil into an inverted winger?

McNamara That Ghost...
Ramsey tears down the Palace flag. :bow:

Penguin
I don't think we have a good free-kick scorer in our squad. Ozil is good at indirect freekicks but isn't known for scoring them.

Letters
26-10-2013, 01:01 PM
Ramsey :lol:
Awful flag puter oner

McNamara That Ghost...
26-10-2013, 01:02 PM
Play it Bif!

Penguin
26-10-2013, 01:02 PM
Giroud! Pass to Ozil FFS :doh:

McNamara That Ghost...
26-10-2013, 01:03 PM
Guedioura wants in on the wondergoal action.

Özil's Panoramic View
26-10-2013, 01:03 PM
Ref seems quite intent on making this a rugby affair.

Xhaka Can’t
26-10-2013, 01:04 PM
Wenger needs to make some changes. We have been completely ineffective from open play against a team that hasn't managed a clean sheet since last season.

Özim
26-10-2013, 01:04 PM
Ref seems quite intent on making this a rugby affair.

Gentleman's game tbf.

Penguin
26-10-2013, 01:05 PM
Has Wenger been looking to turn Ozil into an inverted winger?

I hope not. He's arguably the best #10 in the world already so it's kind of pointless trying to convert him into another position.

Özim
26-10-2013, 01:05 PM
Sometimes you have to pub team it to victory, if we win who cares what else happens!

Özim
26-10-2013, 01:06 PM
I hope not. He's arguably the best #10 in the world already so it's kind of pointless trying to convert him into another position.

Ozil can play on the wing though, he appeared there for Real many times.

McNamara That Ghost...
26-10-2013, 01:07 PM
Arteta sent off. What the hell? :lol:

Xhaka Can’t
26-10-2013, 01:07 PM
Off - deservedly so.

Letters
26-10-2013, 01:08 PM
Red card :lol:
Oh sod off

fakeyank
Oh fuck..

Penguin
Arteta takes a red to stop Chamakh going through. How did we even let them get into that position? :doh:

Xhaka Can’t
Any fucker that takes down Chamakh like that deserves a lengthy ban.

Marc Overmars
FFS.

Undone by some typical pub team bluster.

Özim
26-10-2013, 01:09 PM
Arteta takes a red to stop Chamakh going through. How did we even let them get into that position? :doh:

Should have let Chamakh through, he would never have scored, not even off the pitch.

Letters
Off - deservedly so.
Nah. Bloke was miles from goal. Not sure where other players were but there was surely some chance of cover

Munchies
Its only chamak mikel :doh:

Penguin
Ozil can play on the wing though, he appeared there for Real many times.

His best position is in the #10 position so it would make more sense to play him there and buy other players for the wide positions

cricketsi
Yay, another match where the referee sides against us!

McNamara That Ghost...
Gnabry. :bow:

Blatant foul. Not given.

Marc Overmars
26-10-2013, 01:10 PM
Red card above our name on the score graphic. :lol:

Xhaka Can’t
26-10-2013, 01:10 PM
Nah. Bloke was miles from goal. Not sure where other players were but there was surely some chance of cover

He took down...Chamakh.

Özim
26-10-2013, 01:11 PM
His best position is in the #10 position so it would make more sense to play him there and buy other players for the wide positions

Yeah true, but he's still a very good player on the wing and if we're going to spend money it needs to be on a CB and striker at the moment.

Xhaka Can’t
Yay, another match where the referee sides against us!

Nah.

RomfordPele
Red card harsh but all cam from us pissing about outside the oppositions box rather than getting the ball into threatening areas quickly.

Vintage arsenal 2012/13. We have learnt nothing.

Marc Overmars
Like fuck would Chakma have scored from there.

Penguin
26-10-2013, 01:12 PM
Even Chamakh would've scored from there, and it would have been 2v1 because they had another man over for him to pass to. Arteta had to take a red there.

fakeyank
26-10-2013, 01:13 PM
Looking at the red, why oh why are we playing such a highline when we are leading against a shit team! Keep a couple of players back. I just dont understand what sort of thinking we have!

McNamara That Ghost...
26-10-2013, 01:13 PM
Guedioura off, Kebe on.

Letters
26-10-2013, 01:14 PM
He took down...Chamakh.

:lol:

:(

Seen another angle. Can kinda see why it was given. Balls

cricketsi
Nah.

Not a red for me, lots of soft free kicks to them when ignoring similar challenges against us in the first half. Should have had another penalty, albeit difficult to assess real time. Maybe par for the course as the away team.

McNamara That Ghost...
Cazorla off, Monreal on.

Globalgunner
Arteta is the last person youwant in that position. He always gives a foul away

Penguin
26-10-2013, 01:15 PM
Looking at the red, why oh why are we playing such a highline when we are leading against a shit team! Keep a couple of players back. I just dont understand what sort of thinking we have!

I think it was a counter attack from a corner/ freekick (I can't remember but it's the only expanation for our CBs being so far away). We should have had men back regardless though, how the hell did it end up with a 2v1 on Arteta? :doh:

McNamara That Ghost...
26-10-2013, 01:16 PM
Ches saves on to the bar! :bow:

fakeyank
We are letting them come to us! Fucking hell!

McNamara That Ghost...
Another brilliant save from Ches to deny Jedinak!

Munchies
26-10-2013, 01:17 PM
WTF :wacko:

Xhaka Can’t
Fuck this shit.

Maestro
great stuff from palace and shezza

Newguy
Tbh I dont like arteta in this holding role....its a pity that flamini is injured. Is that a 3 match ban?

Why cant we handle palace with ease???

Embarrassing really....

Penguin
26-10-2013, 01:18 PM
Not a red for me, lots of soft free kicks to them when ignoring similar challenges against us in the first half. Should have had another penalty, albeit difficult to assess real time. Maybe par for the course as the away team.

Definite red, if Arteta didn't foul him, Chamakh would have been through on goal and Arteta's far too slow to catch him. Not only that but he also had a man over on the left to pass to.

Xhaka Can’t
Tbh I dont like arteta in this holding role....its a pity that flamini is injured. Is that a 3 match ban?

Embarrassing really....

Sadly, it is a one match ban.

McNamara That Ghost...

Embarrassing really....

One match ban for Arteta.

Marc Overmars
Settle down Arsenal FFS.

McNamara That Ghost...
26-10-2013, 01:19 PM
Bannan off, Gayle on.

Letters
26-10-2013, 01:19 PM
Arteta is the last person youwant in that position. He always gives a foul away