PDA

View Full Version : Manchester United vs Arsenal. Sun 10th Nov. 16:10.

Pages : [1] 2

Marc Overmars
06-11-2013, 11:15 PM
A victory here would cap an amazing week.

Come on you Gunners. :pray:

LDG
06-11-2013, 11:16 PM
:pray:

Fucking smash them.

milla
06-11-2013, 11:21 PM
:pray:

Fucking smash them.

Munchies
06-11-2013, 11:22 PM
Destroy the cunts.

Annihilate RVC , break his leg.

milla
06-11-2013, 11:22 PM
Szceney

Sagan
Mert
Kos
Gibbs

Ramsey
Arteta
Ozil

Rosicky
Bif
Santi

Subs: Fabianski, Vermaelan, Monreal, Bendtner, Gnabry, Walcott, Flamini

Munchies
06-11-2013, 11:25 PM
I'd start Flamini

Marc Overmars
06-11-2013, 11:30 PM
It's weird going into this fixture not thinking it's a nailed on defeat.

Though would it shock anyone if we played really well but ended up with a narrow loss? It would be typical. I reckon they're going to try and rough us up, it's what Fergie used to do when we were actually a threat to his teams.

We must be little bit ruthless and make the most of the periods when we're on top.

Shaqiri Is Boss
06-11-2013, 11:32 PM
On behalf of everyone, everywhere: destroy them!

Munchies
06-11-2013, 11:34 PM
Rooney is their biggest threat IMO, stop him and you stop them.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
06-11-2013, 11:57 PM
0-3

Ozil hattrick

Munchies
07-11-2013, 12:08 AM
0-3

Ozil hattrick

Soon enough it'll happen right ? :lol:

pmakgreb
07-11-2013, 07:27 AM
Win this and then its time to start believing. Woild effectivelly end utds faint hopes of winning title and make it a 3 horse race. Paddy power offered 40/1 on arsenal winning the 3 big games this week. Some people are bound to be on a sweat. Another lazarous performance before the break and we are in some shape esp with plyers coming back.

Xhaka Can’t
07-11-2013, 08:39 AM
Destroy the cunts.

This isn't Oatcake :lol:

milla
07-11-2013, 09:26 AM
I'd start Flamini

I'd start Flamini over Arteta but Wenger won't IMO but I don't think there is much gap between two though Flamini has more pace and organization skill.:coffee:

Letters
07-11-2013, 09:27 AM
It's weird going into this fixture not thinking it's a nailed on defeat.

Though would it shock anyone if we played really well but ended up with a narrow loss? It would be typical. I reckon they're going to try and rough us up, it's what Fergie used to do when we were actually a threat to his teams.

We must be little bit ruthless and make the most of the periods when we're on top.

I don't think we should go into this over-confident, it's still a tough game, they're still a good side.
I agree though that for the first time in a long time I fancy us to get something. A point would be #decent, a win would top off an outstanding week.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
07-11-2013, 11:07 AM
Soon enough it'll happen right ? :lol:

I think we've only lost once when I've done it and that was in the capital one cup against Chelsea.

In the words of steve wonder, very superstitious..

AFC Leveller
07-11-2013, 11:16 AM
Man u still have Fergie's players and will be our toughest test this week if im honest (in hindsight now that we've beaten BVB) so we really need a huge performance if we want the 3 points. When you think about it, they still have Rooney, RVP, Ferdinand, Valencia etc and these guysalways raise their game against us.

If we can get the first goal then i fancy our chances as it will be all about the first goal.

1-2.

Munchies
07-11-2013, 11:44 AM
-----------Chesney--------
Gibbs---Merts--Kosc---Sagna--
-------Ramsey---Flamini-------
Cazorla----Ozil----Rosicky---
----------Giroud-------

LDG
07-11-2013, 11:50 AM
-----------Chesney--------
Gibbs---Merts--Kosc---Sagna--
-------Ramsey---Flamini-------
Cazorla----Ozil----Rosicky---
----------Giroud-------

Why would you switch the fullbacks? :unsure:

Munchies
07-11-2013, 11:56 AM
Why would you switch the fullbacks? :unsure:

:doh: Quickly done that based on left and right

Munchies
07-11-2013, 11:57 AM
@GNev2:
Can't wait for United v Arsenal Sunday! Arsenal in good form / top of the league/ confident! Is Reyes Playing? Could be one of those days!

--
:haha:

milla
07-11-2013, 12:02 PM
Cunt, what a WUM. Great pundit though. :coffee:

Munchies
07-11-2013, 02:26 PM
Shirts for the game:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BYeN7-cCYAANHnh.jpg:large

Last time we played them with a poppy on the shirt, the lesbo scored twice and we won...

I am invisible
07-11-2013, 03:50 PM
Man U aren't the force they were under Fergie - the real tests are still to come, blah, blah, blah...

selassie
07-11-2013, 03:57 PM
Man U are going to be so pumped up for this one. I'd take a point now TBH, don't get me wrong I do think we are good enough to go there and win but if we draw it's most definitely a point gained.

Should be a cracker, if we can keep RVC and Rooney quiet then I reall fancy our chances.

The Emirates Gallactico
07-11-2013, 04:28 PM
Man U are going to be so pumped up for this one. I'd take a point now TBH, don't get me wrong I do think we are good enough to go there and win but if we draw it's most definitely a point gained.

Should be a cracker, if we can keep RVC and Rooney quiet then I reall fancy our chances.

Same here. With our probable tiredness from the two hard fought games already this week plus our recent curse at Old Trafford I think a point will be well received, though the nature of it will also play a factor (e.g. dominate the game but conceed a sloppy equaliser in the 90th minute will be painful). There won't be many harder games this season than United away.

If Flamini and Theo are back, I'll have them start ahead of Rosicky and Carzola.

Marc Overmars
07-11-2013, 04:41 PM
United away is always the hardest game of the season for us. We've only won this fixture what, 3 times in about 20 years? This is as much about getting over a mental block as it is pushing for the title tbh. Most of the time we knew this was a defeat before we even stepped foot on pitch but now it's different, it's time for us to give them a good pumping tbf.

The Emirates Gallactico
07-11-2013, 04:58 PM
http://www.soccersouls.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/arsenal-spl.jpg

:haha::haha:

Photoshopped but still lol.

Letters
07-11-2013, 05:00 PM
I'd be happy enough with a point but I'm not sure I'd take one. I reckon we can win there but it's certainly not a given.
If we do then people (me included) will start to take us seriously as title contenders.
Heart says Arsenal win, head says draw.

The Emirates Gallactico
07-11-2013, 05:16 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lh3a-lrVtGk

:lol::lol:

Xhaka Can’t
07-11-2013, 05:46 PM
Destroy the cunts.

This isn't The Oatcake :lol:

GP
07-11-2013, 06:05 PM
This isn't The Oatcake :lol:

http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/222157/arsenal

Syn
07-11-2013, 06:25 PM
Days of me wishing our fairies will go studs up over the ball are now gone. They'll be back when we're rubbish again.

As for this match, can't see anything other than a defeat. A draw would be very good. A win would be unbelievable. But a loss is what we'll get. But then again I thought we'd lose to Dortmund too.

Özil's Panoramic View
07-11-2013, 06:27 PM
http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/222157/arsenal

What an absolutely bitter bunch of inbred orcs.

Özil's Panoramic View
07-11-2013, 06:36 PM
Feels great going to that place without feeling consigned to a defeat.

A draw is my reasonable expectation, but with the absolute smashing, imperious away form we have been in for quite some time now, a right win there will be on the cards.

Come on you mighty Gunners. :scarf:

Ollie the Optimist
07-11-2013, 07:09 PM
i said before liverpool game i would take 4 points out of that game and united away. i still would take that now. a point would be a good result IMO but id love a win. imagine the reaction of MOTD if in one week Arsenal beat liverpool at home, dortmund and united away

Munchies
07-11-2013, 07:25 PM
i said before liverpool game i would take 4 points out of that game and united away. i still would take that now. a point would be a good result IMO but id love a win. imagine the reaction of MOTD if in one week Arsenal beat liverpool at home, dortmund and united away

Hansen would take another day off sick :lol:

Letters
07-11-2013, 07:51 PM
Feels great going to that place without feeling consigned to a defeat.

A draw is my reasonable expectation, but with the absolute smashing, imperious away form we have been in for quite some time now, a right win there will be on the cards.

Come on you mighty Gunners. :scarf:
See you at the blind pig :cheers:

No I won't :(

GP
07-11-2013, 08:15 PM
http://i.imgur.com/cpLT6MJ.gif

Bumble
07-11-2013, 09:25 PM
It is a weird feeling actually going to OT away and fancying our chances.

Our midfield will dominate, and we kept a quality striking combo last week so no reason we can't do it this week.

Transplanted Gooner
07-11-2013, 10:09 PM

What an absolutely bitter bunch of inbred orcs.
Choo choo, motherfuckers !!

Syn
07-11-2013, 11:42 PM
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/11/07/article-2490611-1940FBBB00000578-350_634x420.jpg

Hey guy. How quickly life changes.

JonasTC
08-11-2013, 12:00 AM
Wouldnt be mad, if we didnt get any points in this one, its still the champions we're playing despite their bad form, but i love the feeling of going to OT and believing we can actually get something.

If Moyes still plays Fellaini and Carrick at the same time, i can see us overrunning their midfield badly

LDG
08-11-2013, 12:10 AM
Not liking the cockiness. We still have a fuck up or ten left in us.

Hope the focus at training is on doing the job, and not assuming anything.

If we do, we'll be on the end of another kicking from these cunts.

IMVHO. They are not world class (neither are we btw). But they aren't Liverpool either. They need nullifying (sp) just like Dortmund.

Having said that, please please please, at long last, give this lot a pasting.

I am invisible
08-11-2013, 07:15 AM
A few sites are saying that Flamini is available again for Sunday - anyone know if that's confirmed?

Munchies
08-11-2013, 07:17 AM
A few sites are saying that Flamini is available again for Sunday - anyone know if that's confirmed?

Should be, Wenger said previously that he, along with Theo/Gnabry and perhaps Pods will be fit for the game.

We'll know for sure when Wenger has his press conference before the game

I am invisible
08-11-2013, 07:26 AM
Should be, Wenger said previously that he, along with Theo/Gnabry and perhaps Pods will be fit for the game.

We'll know for sure when Wenger has his press conference before the game
Swish!

Although I'd be surprised if Theo or the Pod made it - I thought we were looking at after the next international for them? And what's happened to Gnabry? I didn't even hear about that one...

McNamara That Ghost...
08-11-2013, 10:13 AM
Flamini and Wheelchair are both taking part in training today.

Munchies
08-11-2013, 10:13 AM
Flamini and Wheelchair are both taking part in training today.

:good:

No Theo/Pods then I guess ?

McNamara That Ghost...
08-11-2013, 10:15 AM
I wouldn't have thought so, no. Not heard or read the full press conference yet though.

LDG
08-11-2013, 10:31 AM
http://youtu.be/4zvwcG1bfBI

I am invisible
08-11-2013, 10:43 AM
I want this one so bad! I f--king hate Man U fans!

And my best friend is a Man U fan. The c--t.

Munchies
08-11-2013, 11:10 AM
Yeah, been a while since we last won there. IIRC it was the game when Lehmann got smashed in the face with the ball :haha: , then Adecuntayor scored after Cesc tackled Ronaldo and done a through ball to him.

AFC Leveller
08-11-2013, 11:21 AM
really looking forward to this game. Love going to OT knowing we have a chance to win but as a lot have already said, this will be a tough test. Dortmunnd are a far betetr team on a footballing level but with Man u there is the hatred, rivalry, OT, cuntery of their players, their fans etc so i expect a totaly diferent game to Dortmund.

Syn
08-11-2013, 12:38 PM
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/arsene-wengers-thoughts-arsenals-week-2689831

Pretty Much exhausted his entire repertoire there. MS could do better.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
08-11-2013, 12:44 PM
Yeah, been a while since we last won there. IIRC it was the game when Lehmann got smashed in the face with the ball :haha: , then Adecuntayor scored after Cesc tackled Ronaldo and done a through ball to him.

Still remember celebrating that in a pub full of Utd fans. The look on their faces.

Munchies
08-11-2013, 01:00 PM
Still remember celebrating that in a pub full of Utd fans. The look on their faces.

I just remember watching it with a friend and just being completely surprised we actually beat them :lol:

Not kidding, but whenever we played United in the past decade and before,even at home, I was always nervous as fuck. Now, I'm not, let's hope we can get a result.

Marc Overmars
08-11-2013, 01:43 PM
Jens also made an insnanely good save from Solskjaer in that match.

Globalgunner
08-11-2013, 01:43 PM
Our mentality as a team is much improved now, and we go into the game with a much more relaxed state of mind. they need the points much more than us so we will need a strong ref to withstand the baying mob shouting for a pen everytime someone goes down in the box. fortunately that c..t ashley young will know hes the cynosure of everyones eyes. now. If we keep our heads, dont concede in the first 30 mins. the pressure will get to them. Fortunately, there is no Diaby to head into his own net or Verminster to pass straight to RVP

Özil's Panoramic View
08-11-2013, 04:21 PM
really looking forward to this game. Love going to OT knowing we have a chance to win but as a lot have already said, this will be a tough test. Dortmunnd are a far betetr team on a footballing level but with Man u there is the hatred, rivalry, OT, cuntery of their players, their fans etc so i expect a totaly diferent game to Dortmund.

You left off dodgy ref/officials.

Munchies
08-11-2013, 04:28 PM
You left off dodgy ref/officials.

The ref for this game is : Michael Oliver

Any good ? A Cunt ?

Özil's Panoramic View
08-11-2013, 04:47 PM

Any good ? A Cunt ?

They all seem to morph into massive cunts once they run out onto that patch.

Expect no favours.

Maestro
08-11-2013, 06:49 PM
appears to be quite a bit of back chat, posturing and cockiness coming from moyes & granny shagger. got a feeling they are feeling the heat ahead of sunday.

utd players don't need a coach to beat us, they've been doing it for years. so we really need to knuckle down and have a very very solid defensive display, work our socks off like against dortmund and really rock them. we may have a chance to turn them over if we do this. any arrogance or foolishness on our part and they will slaughter us.

humility, discipline and hard fucking graft is the key.

please COYG, would be lovely to knock them down a peg or two for a change

Munchies
08-11-2013, 08:12 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BYkytQJCIAE1ITy.png

Ollie the Optimist
08-11-2013, 08:19 PM

Any good ? A Cunt ?

hes inexperinced. he was the ref for the spurs game earlier in the season, he lost control of the game and was quite frankly awful. overawed, bought dives etc. he's not on a howard webb at old trafford kind of level but he's a rabbit in the headlights and will likely favour united in the 50/50s because of that imo

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
08-11-2013, 09:13 PM
I don't imagine Theo will be in shape to start the game, but he's something of a wild card off the bench. I quite liked Ozil on the right against Liverpool even though many think he didn't play well.

---------Ches--------

Sagna Merky Kos Gibbs

----Flamini--Rambo----

Ozil---Rosicky--Cazorla

-------Giroud---------

GP
08-11-2013, 11:03 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BYlWcPlIQAAqaFw.jpg

Shots fired!

pmakgreb
09-11-2013, 08:55 AM
Impossible game to call. I just hope that if we do lose its not too any cheating by messers young and rooney or a poor referee decision. Id take a draw now. 8 clear of them and still top of league. Cant see there being too many goals so 1-1 or either to win 1-0.

Penguin
09-11-2013, 09:35 AM
"Yes, we believe we can get a result," he said. "We go there like we go everywhere, to control the game and to win the game.

"We still think the best way to win at Old Trafford is to control the game, which means take the ball, keep the ball and have more possession than they do.

"We are maybe a little less under pressure because we have a little advantage (in the table) but we have to use that in a positive way."

Strange... having more possession normally doesn't work against them. We always seem to have more possession but end up losing :sarcy:

Most likely they'll set up to be hard to beat and hit us on the counter even though they're the home side. It's the tried and tested way of beating a Wenger team. We've got our confidence back but I hope we learned our lesson from the Dortmund and Chelsea games.

I don't think Flamini will start after 3 weeks out but he might be brought on if we're defending a lead. I'd go with the same team that faced Dortmund, bringing Theo and Flamini off the bench.

GP
09-11-2013, 09:47 AM
Is Theo fit? Haven't heard anything about him.

Penguin
09-11-2013, 10:01 AM
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11065/9009746/arsenal-duo-jack-wilshere-and-theo-walcott-doubts-for-borussia-dortmund-match

Theo Walcott also missed the session despite widespread reports that he has stepped up his recovery in the last couple of days and could be available for Arsenal's Super Sunday clash with Manchester United.

Looking back on it now there's no quotes on that from Wenger, and it only says he 'could be available' on Sunday. Probably bullshit :(

Edit:

http://puu.sh/5d11i.png
No chance :lol:

Xhaka Can’t
09-11-2013, 10:03 AM
Is Theo fit? Haven't heard anything about him.

If thats your thing, he's ok I suppose.

Marc Overmars
09-11-2013, 10:52 AM
Wenget said Theo won't be back until after the international break.

Which was the same thing he said prior to the last one.

Theo. :rose:

The Ogg Monster
09-11-2013, 11:15 AM
Lets face it, despite the cautious predictions we're all expecting to absolutely muller them.

Penguin
09-11-2013, 12:17 PM
Anyone expecting that is deluded.

Munchies
09-11-2013, 12:52 PM
I'm worried about Rooney and RVC . The rest of their team, not so much.

Its not an easy game by any stretch, its a very tough game.

Özim
09-11-2013, 01:33 PM
This will be a tough game but we can go into this much more optimistic than in previous years, Ferguson is no longer in charge, we're flying high and seem to have a good team and we've won a couple big games recently.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed we can do it, I really hope we perform tomorrow and show what we're made of.

Munchies
09-11-2013, 01:40 PM
Team training today:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BYokhdwCQAAmRpD.jpg:large

Transplanted Gooner
09-11-2013, 01:57 PM
Jens also made an insnanely good save from Solskjaer in that match.
I remember the "How the Fuck..?" GIF of Solksjaer's face

milla
09-11-2013, 02:05 PM
I'm worried about Rooney and RVC . The rest of their team, not so much.

Its not an easy game by any stretch, its a very tough game.

We should be careful playing against Manu. They don't need SAF to tell them how to play against us, they knew it already and have done it countless time. They will come out with the same approach they had when they defeated us last year and years before. We have to be 120% ready, focus and keep our feet on the ground, hopefully our solid team performance will prevail tomorrow. :coffee:

The Emirates Gallactico
09-11-2013, 02:14 PM
I just hope the ref doesn't tolerate any of Ashley's Youngs diving and clamps on it hard. I'll be livid if we lose 1 - 0 thanks to a Young dive which are now becoming synonymous because of their frequency to Man Utd and Moyes' style of play.

Wenger's far too classy to do it, but I would have made a comment about it at the press conference just to keep it in the spotlight.

Nayan
09-11-2013, 02:17 PM
2-1 home win. Ashley young 'earns' pelanty in 98th minute. Straight red for sczszzccxxy for attempting to trip united winger with his head.

Ollie the Optimist
09-11-2013, 02:21 PM
I just hope the ref doesn't tolerate any of Ashley's Youngs diving and clamps on it hard. I'll be livid if we lose 1 - 0 thanks to a Young dive which are now becoming synonymous because of their frequency to Man Utd and Moyes' style of play.

Wenger's far too classy to do it, but I would have made a comment about it at the press conference just to keep it in the spotlight.

given he bought every one of soldaldos dives in the NLD this season, its nailed on he will let ashley young get away with it

LDG
09-11-2013, 02:23 PM
Who's the ref?

Ollie the Optimist
09-11-2013, 02:24 PM
michael oliver

LDG
09-11-2013, 02:26 PM
Joy.

He's only about 16

Sirjackofwilshere
09-11-2013, 02:27 PM
Not sure how this is gonna turn out. I'd take a shitty performance with 1-0 win as opposed to how we usually perform over there and lose. We have to go for the win though..nothing sweeter than beating the manc twats.

Munchies
09-11-2013, 02:37 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BYos2qECcAAfjTN.jpg:large

Ollie the Optimist
09-11-2013, 02:41 PM

"if they touch you Mesut, let me know and ill make sure they won't be able to do that again"

The Emirates Gallactico
09-11-2013, 02:50 PM
Joy.

He's only about 16

We had him for the Spurs game and he was alright there.

But yes, I'd put him in the shit catergory of refs alongside, Dean, Dowd, Mason and Taylor (the fuck we had against Villa). Well I guess it's better than having Man Utd fan Howard Webb for this.

Would have wanted one of the better refs like Clattenberg, Marriner or Probert for an important match like this though, where a bad ref call can severly influecne the outcome.

GP
09-11-2013, 02:51 PM

"Which one shall I blind first?"

milla
09-11-2013, 05:53 PM
:lol:

Munchies
09-11-2013, 07:42 PM
The thing with having Flamini and Arteta back, is that Wenger may play them both as the 2 in the 4231, and then leave Ramsey on the wing where Rosicky plays. I'd pick Flamini over Arteta for this game though. Ramsey right now has to be in the midfield

JonasTC
10-11-2013, 12:33 AM

He did put some pressure on the ref at the press conference :) (mentioning something like that the ref has to be strong in games like this)

Bumble
10-11-2013, 10:38 AM
2-0 Rambo and ozbo and rvp missing a penalty after a dive by young.

Maestro
10-11-2013, 11:48 AM
both being fit, who would you start today between arteta & flamini

GP
10-11-2013, 11:54 AM
Dunno. Arteta's positioning and passing are better, but Flamini runs about a bit more.

Syn
10-11-2013, 11:58 AM
Dunno. Arteta's positioning and passing are better, but Flamini runs about a bit more.

Cant imagine the praise Flamini would've got if it were him playing instead of Arteta and we managed to get the wins against Liverpool and Dortmund. "Exactly what Arsenal had been missing for the last 5 years" etc. bullshit from Redknapp and co.

Anyway, today they will both play. Rosicky will miss out since he has already played 2 physically tough games in the week already.

WMUG
10-11-2013, 12:04 PM
Yeah we may need the both of them against the better sides.

Rest Arteta.

Penguin
10-11-2013, 12:21 PM
I'm torn about starting Flamini. After 3 weeks out Flamini might not have a feel for the game. The last thing we want is for him to pick up an early booking because that will be in the back of his mind every time he makes a tackle. We all know he's gonna get booked at some point anyway but preferably late on in the match. :lol:

On the other hand I'm worried about the mancs on the counter. I can see us dominating possession but they are dangerous when they win the ball back.

pmakgreb
10-11-2013, 12:48 PM
Hearing both mertesacker and rosicky out with flu

Maestro
10-11-2013, 01:01 PM
Hearing both mertesacker and rosicky out with flu

mate where did you hear this????

we need bfg playing today or it's lights out

Ollie the Optimist
10-11-2013, 01:19 PM
its all come from twitter, and not journalists either. while these tweets that they both have flu could prove to be correct, there has been no "official" mention of it from anyone, even goal.com

Ollie the Optimist
10-11-2013, 01:20 PM
id take a point right now tbh with this match. its more important not to lose today then to win IMO. 4 points from liverpool and united would be fantastic.

Maestro
10-11-2013, 01:31 PM
id take a point right now tbh with this match. its more important not to lose today then to win IMO. 4 points from liverpool and united would be fantastic.

true, me too at this point. a win is just a wild jizz bonus, unexpected at that.

Munchies
10-11-2013, 01:32 PM
twitter also saying RVC is out with a groin strain :pray:

https://twitter.com/nikpostinger

He broke the news, 30k followers

I am invisible
10-11-2013, 01:33 PM
I'm torn about starting Flamini. After 3 weeks out Flamini might not have a feel for the game. The last thing we want is for him to pick up an early booking because that will be in the back of his mind every time he makes a tackle. We all know he's gonna get booked at some point anyway but preferably late on in the match. :lol:

On the other hand I'm worried about the mancs on the counter. I can see us dominating possession but they are dangerous when they win the ball back.
I'd definitely start him if he's fit - one of Man U's biggest strengths is that they play with traditional, direct wingers, and can simply go around a packed midfield if they have to, and Flamini is absolutely brilliant at getting across and covering the fullbacks, and doubling up with when they need support. He's also probably our best answer we have to that problem of getting caught on the break from our own corners...

Munchies
10-11-2013, 01:36 PM
Hopefully this is the beginning of the end of RVC's career

I am invisible
10-11-2013, 01:43 PM
In theory, they should be a good pairing, almost like the CB partnership we have with Kos and Merts: one more proactive, aggressive player to hunt down threats and snuff them out early, and one more disciplined player, to hang back, hold the position and cover the other?

In theory.

Munchies
10-11-2013, 01:45 PM
Didn't they both play against West Brom ?

I'd rather have one of the 2, not both. Ramsey needs to be in the centre.

Penguin
10-11-2013, 02:00 PM

:good:

I am invisible
10-11-2013, 02:04 PM
Didn't they both play against West Brom ?

I'd rather have one of the 2, not both. Ramsey needs to be in the centre.
Yeah, that's the only slight doubt I have - I'm sure they've played together once this season, and it didn't really blow anyone away? Maybe it didn't impress because it was just the wrong choice for the wrong game though (ie too defensive for match that didn't really need that many defensive options)?

I am invisible
10-11-2013, 02:11 PM
I want to be 11 points clear of Man U so much! Anything less than a savage beating is unacceptable.

Penguin
10-11-2013, 02:25 PM
Yeah, that's the only slight doubt I have - I'm sure they've played together once this season, and it didn't really blow anyone away? Maybe it didn't impress because it was just the wrong choice for the wrong game though (ie too defensive for match that didn't really need that many defensive options)?

The first time they played together against Napoli they were immense. But it didn't work at all against West Brom...

LDG
10-11-2013, 02:26 PM
Proper gut churning nerves kicking in now.

:(

Syn
10-11-2013, 02:30 PM

dodgy Chinese?

I am invisible
10-11-2013, 02:32 PM

On the plus side, everyone else seems keen to let us off the hook in advance - Chelsea dropping points at home, spurs being spurs, and now Man City are losing...

LDG
10-11-2013, 02:32 PM
dodgy Chinese?

I wish.

It's one of those games I'd rather be at than watch on TV, as you're in the pub before, and don't any of the build up.

Hate it.

Come on you gunners :scarf:

LDG
10-11-2013, 02:33 PM
On the plus side, everyone else seems keen to let us off the hook in advance - Chelsea dropping points at home, spurs being spurs, and now Man City are losing...

Yeah, but this is where we should be taking advantage and piling the pressure on the teams behind us.

That's what the cunts we're playing today would have done in years gone by.

pmakgreb
10-11-2013, 02:34 PM
Have had 3 shits already today.

Still nothing official on per and rosicky. Think that rvp rumour is false

LDG
10-11-2013, 02:36 PM
Have had 3 shits already today.

Still nothing official on per and rosicky. Think that rvp rumour is false

I would have been the same but it all came out at once :sick:

pmakgreb
10-11-2013, 02:44 PM
I would have been the same but it all came out at once :sick:

Could be dodgy grub rather than nerves ;-)

Xhaka Can’t
10-11-2013, 02:45 PM
I'd take the 3 points and +3 goal difference right now.

The Emirates Gallactico
10-11-2013, 03:09 PM
Man Utd v Arsenal (1610 GMT)

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger reveals 'there's a bug in the camp overnight' and one or two of his players are not feeling 100%...

On the BBC live update thingy.

Oh cock! Twitter may have been right after all.

The Emirates Gallactico
10-11-2013, 03:16 PM
Man Utd Line up: De Gea, Smalling, Evans, Vidic, Evra, Valencia, Carrick, Jones, Kagawa, Rooney, RvP

No Shriek :(

Hearing strong rumours Arteta, BFG and Rosicky aren't starting for us.

The Ogg Monster
10-11-2013, 03:20 PM
Please say we havent been lasagna'd ala spurs.

GP
10-11-2013, 03:21 PM
Man Utd Line up: De Gea, Smalling, Evans, Vidic, Evra, Valencia, Carrick, Jones, Kagawa, Rooney, RvP

No Shriek :(

Hearing strong rumours Arteta, BFG and Rosicky aren't starting for us.

Who's Shriek?

Maestro
10-11-2013, 03:22 PM
Please say we havent been lasagna'd ala spurs.

yep sounds like it

moyes smart enough to leave out fellani as well

McNamara That Ghost...
10-11-2013, 03:22 PM
Vermaelen does start. :rose:

Maestro
10-11-2013, 03:23 PM
Who's Shriek?

screech

BOBN
Vermalean in, fuck :ilt:

Prove me wrong boy.

GP
Szczesny, Sagna, Vermaelen, Koscielny, Gibbs, Arteta, Flamini, Ozil, Ramsey, Cazorla, Giroud

gunnerrrrr
10-11-2013, 03:25 PM
oh for ffs, i dont remember the last time we played these northern priks with a full strength starting 11.

Marc Overmars
10-11-2013, 03:25 PM
Merts and Rosicky. :(

1-0 home win now.

Maestro
10-11-2013, 03:26 PM
Vermaelen does start. :rose:

oh fuck no, we're losing this one for sure lads

BOBN
10-11-2013, 03:28 PM
Games tainted unless we win tbh because I believe confidence in the central defence lifts the whole team.

Really wanted this game to be the ultimate gauge of where we are now. Oh well.

The Emirates Gallactico
Damn, I wouldn't have minded too much if Kos was out but a line up of Kos and Verms is far too similar.

Just got to hope Verms decides to show he has a future here and cuts out the brainfarts and sucidal moves.

Btw who's going to be captain for the match? Vermelean is technically still the club captain. :unsure:

P.S. :facepalm: me for confusing Screech and Shrek

The Ogg Monster
Good team. I think verms deserves a chance tbf he used to be class. I was scared for a moment half the squad were puking their guts out. 3-1 us.

GP
10-11-2013, 03:29 PM
Szczesny, Sagna, Vermaelen, Koscielny, Gibbs, Arteta, Flamini, Ozil, Ramsey, Cazorla, Giroud

Arsenal subs: Fabianski, Jenkinson, Monreal, Hayden, Gnabry, Wilshere, Bendtner

BOBN
10-11-2013, 03:38 PM
Damn, I wouldn't have minded too much if Kos was out but a line up of Kos and Verms is far too similar.

Just got to hope Verms decides to show he has a future here and cuts out the brainfarts and sucidal moves.

Btw who's going to be captain for the match? Vermelean is technically still the club captain. :unsure:

P.S. :facepalm: me for confusing Screech and Shrek
It wasnt just brainfarts, it was fundamentally poor defending. Freestyle defending.

But yeah hopefully this is the first day of the rest of Arsenal career.

Maestro
10-11-2013, 03:38 PM
vermaelen vs rooney/rvp

hope he's sorted himself out after all that time on the bench, long shot though

BOBN
10-11-2013, 03:42 PM
Oh damn I forgot about Vermalean costing us this game after 2 minutes last season :haha:

McNamara That Ghost...
Hopefully with Flamini and Arteta there Vermaelen won't be caught god knows where up the pitch.

Munchies
Fuck sake, Verm is a liability and RVC is starting, oh well, a win will be better with him on the pitch

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
10-11-2013, 03:43 PM
Fucking typical.

Let's keep the score respectful.

BOBN
10-11-2013, 03:44 PM
Fuck sake, Verm is a liability and RVC is starting, oh well, a win will be better with him on the pitch
Yeah, wanted him to play. It would make a win waaaay sweeter.

The Emirates Gallactico
10-11-2013, 03:46 PM
Well at least diver Young won't feature today.

"Arsenal have a lot of midfield players packed in the middle of the park and we must cope with that and look to get out wide and hurt them down the wings."

Thanks for letting us know your gameplan Moyes. :coffee:

Munchies
10-11-2013, 03:46 PM
Apparently Arteta also got the bug, but is able to play.

Fucking hell, what did they eat?

Marc Overmars
10-11-2013, 03:48 PM
With our rivals dropping points left, right and centre I'd give anything for a win today.

Little bit nervous. :sick:

Come on Arsenal. :pray:

McNamara That Ghost...
10-11-2013, 03:49 PM
Apparently Arteta also got the bug, but is able to play.

Fucking hell, what did they eat?

Merts must have got it from the O2.

Maestro
10-11-2013, 03:51 PM
Merts must have got it from the O2.

we really should have banned them from leaving the house before this game.

Munchies
10-11-2013, 03:54 PM
we really should have banned them from leaving the house before this game.

Exactly, they had the itnernational break to get sick :(

Really worried about Verm at the back, we all remember how he gifted RVC last time

A Gunner
10-11-2013, 03:56 PM
Apart from the pool game, all the results has been for us this weekend! Win is a must!!!

Munchies
10-11-2013, 03:58 PM
That HD stream site has seemed to be taken down now :(

Decent Skysports 1 stream: http://ana1.me/sky1.html

McNamara That Ghost...
10-11-2013, 04:01 PM
Come on tame draw. :pray:

Maestro
10-11-2013, 04:01 PM
everyone take the next ten minutes to do your bit for the team .....voodoo, witchcraft, obeah, black magic, prayer ....etc

Munchies
10-11-2013, 04:02 PM
I'm nervous as fuck, more nervous than the spuds game !!!

Marc Overmars
10-11-2013, 04:03 PM
Come on tame draw. :pray:

Yep. 0-0, dull game, 3 points clear and a point gained on Sperz and City. Happy days.

Maestro
10-11-2013, 04:05 PM
COYG

Come on the away fans

The Ogg Monster
10-11-2013, 04:06 PM
HD stream- http://www.ustream.tv/channel/the-pd-show/theater

Come on ya cunts!

McNamara That Ghost...
10-11-2013, 04:06 PM
Lots of hugs in the tunnel.

Vieira and Keane just threw up.

Maestro
10-11-2013, 04:07 PM
carzola is a such a midget, albeit a very talented one

Marc Overmars
10-11-2013, 04:07 PM
Come on you Gunners!!!

RomfordPele
10-11-2013, 04:08 PM
Fuck sake. Worry about that defence. Incredibly bad timing.

Munchies
10-11-2013, 04:08 PM
HD stream- http://www.ustream.tv/channel/the-pd-show/theater

Come on ya cunts!

A bit behind by about 10 seconds, but great quality thanks ! :good:

Maestro
10-11-2013, 04:09 PM
Allah bless you Oz

4-3-3
this is huge. probably bigger than liverool one or spurs one. i am scared.

Munchies
'invincibles met their match'

Yeah coz of a fat diving fuck and a homo ref

Newguy
10-11-2013, 04:10 PM
The nerves have begun for me

Munchies
10-11-2013, 04:11 PM
COYG ...

Im scared as well , we can do this guys !

McNamara That Ghost...
10-11-2013, 04:11 PM
Come on Arsenal. :bow:

GP
10-11-2013, 04:12 PM
Come on you Gunners!

McNamara That Ghost...
Give them a kicking looks like the plan.

milla
ManU mascot fat! :coffee:

Maestro
10-11-2013, 04:13 PM
contain and control these fucks, no rash shit needed tonight

Maestro
10-11-2013, 04:14 PM
Give them a kicking looks like the plan.

always the plan

Munchies
10-11-2013, 04:14 PM
Giroud :bow:

McNamara That Ghost...
10-11-2013, 04:15 PM
Bif takes out Evans. :lol:

Penguin
10-11-2013, 04:15 PM
good :haha:

McNamara That Ghost...
10-11-2013, 04:17 PM
Gibbs. :doh:

McNamara That Ghost...
10-11-2013, 04:19 PM
Well done Ches.

Master Splinter
10-11-2013, 04:19 PM
Hi gays!

Perfect chance to little bit cement our status as League leaders.

Shame about BFG and Rosicky. We're fucking cursed.

But come on Vermaelen.

McNamara That Ghost...
10-11-2013, 04:20 PM
Jones with some prime athlete-ball.

Munchies
10-11-2013, 04:21 PM
Gibbs has been abit shit so far

McNamara That Ghost...
10-11-2013, 04:21 PM
Wazza shot, partially charged down but easy enough for Ches.

Penguin
10-11-2013, 04:22 PM
Calm down Gibbs

Munchies
Gary Nev saying Rooney's won the penalty in 04 in a controversial fashion.

:bow:

Maestro
Hi gays!

Perfect chance to little bit cement our status as League leaders.

Shame about BFG and Rosicky. We're fucking cursed.

But come on Vermaelen.

think the gays on here little bit shitting themselves right now, including me

Maestro
10-11-2013, 04:24 PM
blackman down

Newguy
10-11-2013, 04:24 PM
I think my worry is Gibbs at present, felt monreal could be more solid defensively

McNamara That Ghost...
10-11-2013, 04:25 PM
Wazza. :haha:

Munchies
10-11-2013, 04:25 PM
Rooney :lol:

Penguin
10-11-2013, 04:26 PM
We're losing the ball in the middle a bit stupidly

McNamara That Ghost...
10-11-2013, 04:28 PM
Verms. :lol:

Persuasiveness helped him there.

Master Splinter
RVC :lol:.

Munchies
Fuckin freekick there

Master Splinter
Good pressure from the front.

Maestro
10-11-2013, 04:29 PM
Verms. :lol:

Persuasiveness helped him there.

he was very lucky there, why did he stop playing? could have cost us on the counter

GP
10-11-2013, 04:29 PM
Fuck off ref

Penguin
10-11-2013, 04:30 PM
Good move but Giroud wastes it

McNamara That Ghost...
10-11-2013, 04:32 PM
Jones trying to bulldoze his way through.

Penguin
10-11-2013, 04:32 PM
Verm nearly gets caught out again..

Maestro
10-11-2013, 04:33 PM
does vermaelen think the fuckin game stops for him? idiot

Munchies
10-11-2013, 04:34 PM
That sikhs beard :pal:

Maestro
10-11-2013, 04:35 PM
we'll get hit on the counter soon, after all these years we haven't learnt that is how manu beat us ....every single time

IBK
10-11-2013, 04:35 PM
Its a shame, because we look pretty organised at the back in general - but keep getting caught out by individual errors. We are giving Manure encouragement.

McNamara That Ghost...
10-11-2013, 04:36 PM
Kos. :bow:

IBK
Also, I'm not happy either, but its just not fair to expect Vermaelen to be able to duplicate our CB pairing straight away.

Maestro
off to take my meds, better not be losing when i get back!

Globalgunner
10-11-2013, 04:39 PM
Somebody better tell Giroux not to expectancy protection from the ref at this ground. No point complaining

McNamara That Ghost...
1-0 RVP.

Munchies
FUCK

Penguin
fuck

Özim
FFS the guy is just too good!

Master Splinter
10-11-2013, 04:40 PM
FFS.

Marc Overmars
10-11-2013, 04:40 PM
Oh what a shock. :rolleyes:

Niall_Quinn
10-11-2013, 04:41 PM
What a cunt that bloke is, eh?

Xhaka Can’t
10-11-2013, 04:41 PM
:sick:

RomfordPele
10-11-2013, 04:43 PM
Evra straight up the second he saw yellow come out.

Xhaka Can’t
Oh great - the ref is gonna make sure of this result.

Munchies
The way he celebrated that, fucking cunt

McNamara That Ghost...
10-11-2013, 04:44 PM
Aimless ball from Vermaelen.

IBK
10-11-2013, 04:45 PM
Unfortunately, United are using this match well as a galvaniser.

Niall_Quinn
10-11-2013, 04:45 PM
It's good to be hating Utd and all they stand for again. Means we are in the hunt. And they really are fucking despicable. Everything about them is cynical. Shit that we sold them their only genuine world class p,Ayer, but to be truthful, he fits in well there, being a cunt and all.

Confident we'll beat these scumbags and their ref.

pmakgreb
10-11-2013, 04:46 PM
We look lethargic. Cant see us scoring. Utd look as if they want it more...

Munchies
10-11-2013, 04:46 PM
NQ why'd you go on a hiatus ? We thought you got banned like Cripps

Özim
10-11-2013, 04:47 PM
Really poor performance so far, created nothing, poor passing and have looked a bit lazy at the back at times. Very disappointed with this.

McNamara That Ghost...
10-11-2013, 04:48 PM
Giroud header, over.

Penguin
10-11-2013, 04:49 PM
Ramsey on the right is looking like a bad decision too. Put him in the middle and Ozil wide maybe?

Maestro
off to take my meds, better not be losing when i get back!

nice, just fuckin nice

Niall_Quinn
NQ why'd you go on a hiatus ? We thought you got banned like Cripps

Got bored with all the politics on here. Plus I was posting too much and not taking care of other stuff.

Xhaka Can’t
10-11-2013, 04:50 PM
I wonder how many are in the process of coming down with the same bug?

RomfordPele
It's good to be hating Utd and all they stand for again. Means we are in the hunt. And they really are fucking despicable. Everything about them is cynical. Shit that we sold them their only genuine world class p,Ayer, but to be truthful, he fits in well there, being a cunt and all.

Confident we'll beat these scumbags and their ref.

True actually. I'd forgotten how much I loathed them. Definite sign of progress.

Niall_Quinn
We look lethargic. Cant see us scoring. Utd look as if they want it more...

Couldn't see us scoring against Dortmund, but we did and we will here too.

Niall_Quinn
Rooney, you scumbag.

Munchies
10-11-2013, 04:52 PM
Ffs comeon

Master Splinter
Ozil has been woeful.

Niall_Quinn
They just need to keep cool and not let the cavemen crowd get on their backs. We're better than this lot and there's plenty of time to prove it.

Penguin
Just saw the replay and that could have been given. Be careful ffs

McNamara That Ghost...
10-11-2013, 04:53 PM
Ches knocked out.

Maestro
fuck

Munchies
Got bored with all the politics on here. Plus I was posting too much and not taking care of other stuff.

Fair enough,WB :)

Xhaka Can’t
We are well off in our timing. Kust can't seem to get things right at all. I genuinely wonder how many are feeling the effects of the bug.

Oh crap, we don't need this - hope Chesney is alright.

Master Splinter
10-11-2013, 04:54 PM
Oh fuck off.

Bould and Wenger to get injured next?

Then some GW members?

Niall_Quinn
Accidental, never a booking. Pathetic ref.

McNamara That Ghost...
Jones for booked having no control in what he was doing whatsoever.

GP
10-11-2013, 04:55 PM
Jones should be off. Pure assault.

RomfordPele
Fuck off with the fucking rolling about. Fucking cheats.

Munchies
Wtf was that ???

McNamara That Ghost...
10-11-2013, 04:56 PM
Flamini booked and will miss the Southampton game.