06-12-2013, 12:55 AM
Sunday 8 December 2013
Emirates Stadium
Kick-off 16:00
Referee: Howard Webb

:scarf:

Özil's Panoramic View
06-12-2013, 01:25 AM
Another of the teams on high that we'll diffuse and bring back to earth.

2-0. Santi and Wheelchair doing the honours.

#COYG :scarf:

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
06-12-2013, 01:40 AM
I can't help but feel Ramsey should be rotated out and let him start from the bench. He covers the most distance in every game and plays every game! Wilshere has actually been playing well too. Ramsey is the man right now and we have even tougher games ahead.

Having said that, I also think the Napoli game would be a good one to rotate Ramsey out of so perhaps he should start after all!

In my opinion the only players due a rest at this current point in time are Ozil or Ramsey. It's not that either look at all tired, but ideally you would minimise the risk of injury to both right now by managing the amount they play.

--------------Szczesny--------------

Sagna-----Merkyl------KOS-----Gibbs

-------Arteta--------Wilshere/R------

Walcott---------Ozil----------Cazorla

------------Olivier Giroud-------------

milla
06-12-2013, 10:16 AM
Sunday 8 December 2013
Emirates Stadium
Kick-off 16:00
Referee: Howard Webb

I am going to this game. Good luck looking for crappy live streaming :p

McNamara That Ghost...
06-12-2013, 10:17 AM
It's on Sky tbf.

There are nine days between our game with Citeh and Chelsea, so just this week for them to get through, then they can rest. Ramsey only just had two weeks off from playing during the international break and seemed fine to me playing from August to November so I think he can manage November to December without too much 'rest'. Bring him off when the game is won but not before.

I just find it rather strange that when we have very good players, some don't want us to play them! :lol: Get the points in the 'easier' game, then it gives you leeway in the others.

LDG
06-12-2013, 10:32 AM
Ramsey is the player that when fit, plays every minute of every game. That's pretty obvious.

If AW wanted to rest him, he would substitue him off all the time, but he doesn't. He's the one who plays 90 minutes of every game. And rightly so.

Sir Chainely

Sagan (?) Mert Kos Gibbs

Arteta Wilshere

Erzil Ramsby Cazorla

Giroud

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
06-12-2013, 11:31 AM
Dropped points I think

1-1

Marc Overmars
06-12-2013, 12:01 PM
Expecting a tough game as always with Everton. Winning at Old Trafford will probably do wonders for them psychologically, given their poor record at the top grounds.

Though with us in the form we're win I'll go for a little bit narrow 2-1 win.

Master Splinter
06-12-2013, 12:16 PM
Their effort at Old Trafford may have tired them out slightly. Whereas we slept our way through another 2-0.

You can't see Martinez sending them out to defend, so we should get a football game.

They are our bitches usually.

3-0.

Xhaka Can’t
06-12-2013, 12:33 PM
I hope we win this game.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
06-12-2013, 12:40 PM
Not hugely strange. That they are that good and play that much is why whether they should be rested is questioned at all.

I don't think you so much look at the previous as closely as that. You might have played 50 games once a week consecutively but if you suddenly have 2/3 days between two games, THAT, might be the time you get injured. It is by no means a precise science and clearly you are working with the unknown but when you have a run of really difficult games managing the situation comes into the fore. Not too many are berating Giroud being rested now and his replacement isn't close to the standard of Ramsey's or anyone else's.

That said I didn't realise there were 9 days between City and Chelsea and if Ramsey did have two weeks off with Wales I suppose he will be fine in truth. I think his fitness levels are quite extraordinary.

Aside from that, I do think that people have forgotten that Wilshere (don't think he is very popular on here anyway) has actually played really well the last few games he has actually played. Better than Cazorla and better than Ozil before his last game. When you have quality like Wilshere, Rosicky and Flamini who may not start then rotation can be as much about tailoring the team to the opposition as it is about any 'rest' per se.

Bumble
06-12-2013, 01:26 PM
they are on form and have only lost once this season. they are a good side who will also give it a go and not just sit back. Think it will be a really good game, they beat United by playing properly no undeserved win. So we will have to play well to win. We have spanked them a few times over the years though but think it will be close but we keep control of Lukaku then 2-0 as cant see them scoring unless he Drogba's us.

think first goal is key, we score first and they dont stand a chance but they score first and we might lose. would start walcott as he should be fully fresh assuming he isnt still ill of course.

Marc Overmars
06-12-2013, 01:29 PM
Didn't realise they had only lost once.

Moyes. :lol:

Martinez. :bow:

Bumble
06-12-2013, 01:36 PM
Didn't realise they had only lost once.

Moyes. :lol:

Martinez. :bow:

Also they concede fewer goals a game than they did last season I think as well. Although I still think Moyes is a good manager.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
06-12-2013, 01:50 PM
I agree. I don't think he's started well but he is still a good manager imo too. We have a good record against Everton and they will be more expansive than usual so I fancy us to win. Any win will do as Martinez has done Wenger before.

Lukaku really should be an Arsenal player. Attitude of Ramsey and the potential ability of Drogba.

PGFC
06-12-2013, 01:52 PM
:( The Flamsters got a little bit groin, wanted him to blind Lukaku too.

McNamara That Ghost...
06-12-2013, 02:40 PM
Not hugely strange. That they are that good and play that much is why whether they should be rested is questioned at all.

I don't think you so much look at the previous as closely as that. You might have played 50 games once a week consecutively but if you suddenly have 2/3 days between two games, THAT, might be the time you get injured. It is by no means a precise science and clearly you are working with the unknown but when you have a run of really difficult games managing the situation comes into the fore. Not too many are berating Giroud being rested now and his replacement isn't close to the standard of Ramsey's or anyone else's.

That said I didn't realise there were 9 days between City and Chelsea and if Ramsey did have two weeks off with Wales I suppose he will be fine in truth. I think his fitness levels are quite extraordinary.

Aside from that, I do think that people have forgotten that Wilshere (don't think he is very popular on here anyway) has actually played really well the last few games he has actually played. Better than Cazorla and better than Ozil before his last game. When you have quality like Wilshere, Rosicky and Flamini who may not start then rotation can be as much about tailoring the team to the opposition as it is about any 'rest' per se.

If what you say is true that players are likely to be injured in the 2/3 days between games then I see this as the right time to get players used to that kind of grind when it returns again in February for Champions League (if we qualify) when they will be playing all three games. However we don't have the League Cup as an issue this season so that will take care of that

It's not working with the unknown as such, if they're near the red zone (which can be determined) then they won't be played. If they aren't, then they will be played. I don't think there is much difference in the likeliness to pull a hamstring in training with less intense preparation than you are exert yourself in a match. Wilshere has played well for sure but he has played well at the same time as Ramsey and Özil are playing.

Ramsey, Özil and Giroud don't really have a history of muscle injuries so I don't think the need to rest them is as prevalent as it might be for Wilshere with his perennial ankle issue.

Syn
06-12-2013, 02:56 PM
Wenger's track record isn't the best and he has overplayed some players in previous years, but I think that was largely down to poorer squads. There are legitimate options now so I don't think we need to be worried about Wenger taking a chance on key players.

The Emirates Gallactico
06-12-2013, 03:01 PM
Has Wenger not given his press conference for this yet? Nothing on the site so far and he usually has that at 9 am in the morning.

McNamara That Ghost...
06-12-2013, 03:05 PM
Sajma was in the background with the training kit in that photo about the World Cup so I presume he's back.

Master Splinter
06-12-2013, 03:07 PM
Arsenal charity day or something.

Press conference at 7.

No, seriously the press conference is at 4 today.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
06-12-2013, 03:40 PM
If what you say is true that players are likely to be injured in the 2/3 days between games then I see this as the right time to get players used to that kind of grind when it returns again in February for Champions League (if we qualify) when they will be playing all three games. However we don't have the League Cup as an issue this season so that will take care of that

It's not working with the unknown as such, if they're near the red zone (which can be determined) then they won't be played. If they aren't, then they will be played. I don't think there is much difference in the likeliness to pull a hamstring in training with less intense preparation than you are exert yourself in a match. Wilshere has played well for sure but he has played well at the same time as Ramsey and Özil are playing.

Ramsey, Özil and Giroud don't really have a history of muscle injuries so I don't think the need to rest them is as prevalent as it might be for Wilshere with his perennial ankle issue.

I don't think you can get your body used to playing every 2/3 days as it will either shortly result in injury (which is the ultimate of what you want to avoid) and an irregular occurrence in reality. It may happen for a few weeks and then not again for a month or two.

Not so much the unknown, but the unpredictable. Ie, a player having a clean bill of health doesn't necessarily mean he will carry on as such indefinitely. When that player will have his next injury is both unknown and not easy predict.

I don't agree that there is relatively equal chance of pulling a muscle in a controlled and contrived training situation as there is in a competitive game but it is somewhat besides the point anyway. I think you are probably right in regards to Ramsey who seems be an exceptional athlete and we probably don't have to be as worried about as I have sometimes been.

McNamara That Ghost...
06-12-2013, 04:07 PM
I don't think you can get your body used to playing every 2/3 days as it will either shortly result in injury (which is the ultimate of what you want to avoid) and an irregular occurrence in reality. It may happen for a few weeks and then not again for a month or two.

Not so much the unknown, but the unpredictable. Ie, a player having a clean bill of health doesn't necessarily mean he will carry on as such indefinitely. When that player will have his next injury is both unknown and not easy predict.

I don't agree that there is relatively equal chance of pulling a muscle in a controlled and contrived training situation as there is in a competitive game but it is somewhat besides the point anyway. I think you are probably right in regards to Ramsey who seems be an exceptional athlete and we probably don't have to be as worried about as I have sometimes been.

Well how come clubs struggle to perform in one competition but are moderately ok in the other even after a season of doing well in the previous campaign? It's something Newcastle and Swansea have had to deal with and found it tough to do both. Tottenham found it tough when they were in the Champions League and had to play midweek because of it at a high level 12 times in a season. I am sure that Liverpool/Everton will too (though getting there is the most important thing).

It really should be no different to incrimentally building towards training for any other event. You don't train for a marathon if you've never done it before by starting running a 26 mile at your first attempt, it's something that you lead up to. I see no reason why that should not be the case for the most robust players in regard to March and April - we do after all have midweek games every two weeks and have since the first weeks of the season. It's part of the process for being the best player in the top sides - we haven't had to think of it in those terms neccesarily because we've not been contenders perhaps.

We've had plenty of hamstring injuries, some have come in training, some have happened in competitive matches. I would guess that Wenger's training sessions are probably more intense than others and if a player doesn't do the requisite work, it's why they can happen then and regularly have for us.

Of course a clean bill of health doesn't suggest they will be indefinitely but I really don't think you can protect players throughout a whole season. The priority of getting the results should take precadence over whether somebody gets injured or not (assuming it is not obvious they are in danger). If they get an injury, that's unfortunate but then the precadence goes to the next best player that is available.

GP
06-12-2013, 04:33 PM
Sagna will miss Everton and Napoli.

McNamara That Ghost...
06-12-2013, 04:37 PM
Come on Jenks. :bow:

selassie
06-12-2013, 07:17 PM
I think we'll narrowly beat them but it won't be pretty and won't be easy.

Xhaka Can’t
06-12-2013, 09:05 PM
I think we'll narrowly beat them but it won't be pretty and won't be easy.

Unlike MOe's conquests.

fakeyank
06-12-2013, 09:52 PM
Unlike MOe's conquests.

:haha:

Marc Overmars
06-12-2013, 10:04 PM
:lol:

I've settled down now. Honest. :coffee:

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
07-12-2013, 01:11 AM
I don't think marathon training is like training as a footballer. The intensity in training isn't the same as in a game. pre season is used to get players in a condition for optimum fitness throughout a 90 minute game of football.

Injuries occur in training naturally because the whole squad takes part and it lasts for much long over the week than the isolated 90 minutes in a game even if it is not always as intense.

I think you can take steps to avoid or reduce the likelihood of injuries throughout a season by resting players at timely opportunities and I would argue that is already what we do and many other clubs. Many on here were happy for us to do so in the COCup. I wasn't so in favour at the time but I believe the squad we have allows us to have our cake and even also eat a little of it.

The matters of a players health and fitness vs results are bound. Symbiotic if you will. The results aren't optimised unless players are in the greatest shape they can be. Moreover, on form and technicalities as I've suggested already, I think a case can be made for Wilshere playing regardless of any need to give anyone else a breather.

There is debate surrounding who exactly is our best 11 to begin with, so the argument isn't as straight forward as it might be. Even if one does not agree, the pursuit of a timely rest to any one player, is precisely intended to attain good results...even if looked at over the season. In that sense it isn't to be seen as prioritising a player's fitness over results. Although as I've said, I do think you are probably right in Ramsey's case for Sunday.

Well how come clubs struggle to perform in one competition but are moderately ok in the other even after a season of doing well in the previous campaign? It's something Newcastle and Swansea have had to deal with and found it tough to do both. Tottenham found it tough when they were in the Champions League and had to play midweek because of it at a high level 12 times in a season. I am sure that Liverpool/Everton will too (though getting there is the most important thing).

It really should be no different to incrimentally building towards training for any other event. You don't train for a marathon if you've never done it before by starting running a 26 mile at your first attempt, it's something that you lead up to. I see no reason why that should not be the case for the most robust players in regard to March and April - we do after all have midweek games every two weeks and have since the first weeks of the season. It's part of the process for being the best player in the top sides - we haven't had to think of it in those terms neccesarily because we've not been contenders perhaps.

We've had plenty of hamstring injuries, some have come in training, some have happened in competitive matches. I would guess that Wenger's training sessions are probably more intense than others and if a player doesn't do the requisite work, it's why they can happen then and regularly have for us.

Of course a clean bill of health doesn't suggest they will be indefinitely but I really don't think you can protect players throughout a whole season. The priority of getting the results should take precadence over whether somebody gets injured or not (assuming it is not obvious they are in danger). If they get an injury, that's unfortunate but then the precadence goes to the next best player that is available.

selassie
07-12-2013, 05:01 PM
Unlike MOe's conquests.

:d

milla
07-12-2013, 05:18 PM

I've settled down now. Honest. :coffee:

Pics or GTFO. :coffee:

Dein-machine
07-12-2013, 07:55 PM
With Chelski & the Blue Mancs dropping points it would be a great 3 points. 2=0 win - COYG.

mkkreuk
08-12-2013, 12:26 PM
I'm going to this. Haven't been able to go since the Napoli 2-0, because of work. Hopefully, the same result. Atmosphere has been great for a while now, but should be electric after yesterdays results. Come on You Gooners!

Özim
08-12-2013, 12:39 PM
Looking forward to this, hopefully we can take advantage of the other top teams slipping up yesterday, being at home it's expected.

Marc Overmars
08-12-2013, 01:03 PM
I've had a breakdown.

1-1.

Dr Singh
08-12-2013, 01:24 PM
Martinez really has done a tremendous job at Everton. The world probably thought Everton were done after losing Moyes and Fellaini, but if anything they are vastly better.

Their full backs are as good as any in Europe. Barry, McCarthy and Barkley is a very well balanced engine room and has totally negated the absence of Fellaini. Don't even need to say how good Lukaku is. Really wish we had Lukaku. The boy weighed 100kg lean as a teenager. He's like nothing the EPL has seen before. He will have demolished Drogbas record by the time he's done with the EPL.

We should play the strongest team we possibly can.

Chesney
Jenks Kosc Mert Gibbs
Arteta Ramsey
Wilshere Ozil Cazorla
Giroud

If Walcott does come in, it should be for Cazorla. Jack's been instrumental in our displays recently and has built up a head of steam.

I'm expecting a 2-0 win.

The Emirates Gallactico
08-12-2013, 03:06 PM
Everton team (to face Arsenal): Howard, Coleman, Oviedo, Distin, Jagielka, Barry, Barkley, Pienaar, McCarthy, Mirallas, Lukaku. #EFCAFC

McNamara That Ghost...
08-12-2013, 03:06 PM
Everton team (to face Arsenal): Howard, Coleman, Oviedo, Distin, Jagielka, Barry, Barkley, Pienaar, McCarthy, Mirallas, Lukaku. #EFCAFC

Arsenal: Szczesny, Jenkinson, Koscielny, Mertesacker, Gibbs, Arteta, Wilshere, Ramsey, Özil, Cazorla, Giroud.

Subs: Fabianski, Vermaelen, Monreal, Rosicky, Flamini, Walcott, Bendtner.

Marc Overmars
08-12-2013, 03:19 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ba-O-UWCcAARFT9.jpg

GP
08-12-2013, 03:22 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ba-O-UWCcAARFT9.jpg

'Remember when Grimandi merked you good and proper'

Penguin
08-12-2013, 03:28 PM
Is that Dynamo next to Davids? :unsure:

McNamara That Ghost...
08-12-2013, 03:40 PM
Rosicky. :bow:

Marc Overmars
08-12-2013, 03:41 PM
This sky Christmas music is just weird.

Munchies
2 Rosicky's :bow:

LDG
Tomas :lol:

Shaqiri Is Boss
08-12-2013, 03:54 PM
If Arsenal do end up winning the Premier League this season, there will still be somebody somewhere saying they won't and can't win the title. Probably David Moyes.

Marc Overmars
08-12-2013, 03:54 PM
Come on you Gunners!!! :pray:

McNamara That Ghost...
08-12-2013, 03:55 PM
Merse. :lol:

Dear me.

McNamara That Ghost...
08-12-2013, 03:56 PM
Come on Arsenal. :bow:

Munchies
08-12-2013, 03:56 PM

The Emirates Gallactico
08-12-2013, 03:59 PM
Tim Howard has finally shaved off his ridicolous beard. Hope he isn't a reverse Samson. :unsure:

Marc Overmars
08-12-2013, 03:59 PM
Mandela. :bow:

Must get.

Munchies
08-12-2013, 04:00 PM
Tim Howard has finally shaved of his ridicolous beard. Hope he isn't a reverse Samson. :unsure:

Probably kept being stopped at airport security :coffee:

McNamara That Ghost...
08-12-2013, 04:01 PM
Coleman's cross, to nobody.

McNamara That Ghost...
08-12-2013, 04:04 PM
McCarthy. :lol:

McNamara That Ghost...
08-12-2013, 04:04 PM
Cazorla going for the throughball header. Not sure why.

Marc Overmars
08-12-2013, 04:05 PM
Wake up Arsenal

Özim
Everton all over us at the moment.

McNamara That Ghost...
Özil offside, shame.

Maestro
08-12-2013, 04:06 PM
need to buck up our shit, toffees no mugs right now ...that Moyes is gone

McNamara That Ghost...
08-12-2013, 04:07 PM
Great header away BFG.

Özim
08-12-2013, 04:08 PM
The pace of Everton's play is really giving us problems, we've been a bit slow in comparison so far.

Maestro
08-12-2013, 04:10 PM
COYG

McNamara That Ghost...
08-12-2013, 04:12 PM
Distin. :lol:

Marc Overmars
08-12-2013, 04:12 PM
Jenkinson. :lol:

All down his side.

Come back Sagan. :(

Maestro
08-12-2013, 04:14 PM
need to just pub this one

fakeyank
We look scared!

Globalgunner
We're not the same without Flamini. No bite, less drive

Penguin
08-12-2013, 04:16 PM
Possession:
Arsenal 33% - 67% Everton

Özim
08-12-2013, 04:16 PM
Well this is disappointing, Everton totally dominant at the moment, we've been poor.

Munchies
08-12-2013, 04:17 PM
We're not the same without Flamini. No bite, less drive

I'd prefer having Flamini, but Wenger will always pick Arteta over him

GP
08-12-2013, 04:17 PM
I'd prefer having Flamini, but Wenger will always pick Arteta over him

Wenger knows better you me or you.

How is Barry not booked for that? :rolleyes:

McNamara That Ghost...
08-12-2013, 04:19 PM
Cazorla. :haha:

Penguin
08-12-2013, 04:19 PM
Ozil was completely free on the right but Cazorla didnt even look :doh:

GP
08-12-2013, 04:20 PM
Brilliant by Giroud in the buildup

fakeyank
08-12-2013, 04:21 PM
If there was a rating for the first 20 minutes, Jenks gets a 0

Maestro
08-12-2013, 04:21 PM
very poor first 20 mins from us

McNamara That Ghost...
08-12-2013, 04:25 PM
Ramsey did the hard bit, then gives it away.

Transplanted Gooner
If it carries on like this, BFG for MOTM

Master Splinter
Our pass completion must be 8%.

Marc Overmars
We can't get the ball off them.

McNamara That Ghost...
Coleman goes for glory, flies way wide.

McNamara That Ghost...
08-12-2013, 04:27 PM
Great move. Cross goes in, Gibbs couldn't get to it.

Marc Overmars
So close!

That's more like it.

Maestro
fuuuckkkk

Penguin
Much better

Marc Overmars
Didn't realise Everton were so adept at pressing now. :(

McNamara That Ghost...
08-12-2013, 04:28 PM
Freekick to Everton, dangerous area though maybe a bit too far out to shoot.

Penguin
Ramsey gets the ball but goes through the player first

McNamara That Ghost...
Woeful from Mirallas.

Penguin
Didn't realise Everton were so adept at pressing now. :(

Martinez :bow:

McNamara That Ghost...
08-12-2013, 04:29 PM
Come on Wilshere.

Penguin
08-12-2013, 04:29 PM
Wilshere :doh: :lol:

Marc Overmars
08-12-2013, 04:30 PM
So sloppy.

Come on Arsenal.

Maestro
08-12-2013, 04:30 PM
very nervous looking we are, not good.

Penguin
08-12-2013, 04:31 PM
Good block by Kos

Penguin
08-12-2013, 04:33 PM
Fucks sake Santi :lol:

fakeyank
08-12-2013, 04:33 PM
Jenks :rose:

Özim
08-12-2013, 04:35 PM
FFS we are awful and 2nd best in every department!

McNamara That Ghost...
08-12-2013, 04:35 PM
Shut up Tyler.

Transplanted Gooner
08-12-2013, 04:36 PM
We are being run ragged. Surprised Everton haven't had many clear cut chances.

Marc Overmars
08-12-2013, 04:36 PM
We haven't been forced to play like this for a while.

A genuine test of our credentials.

Transplanted Gooner
08-12-2013, 04:38 PM
We haven't been forced to play like this for a while.

A genuine test of our credentials.

Is this one of the famous "Bigger tests to come"?

McNamara That Ghost...
08-12-2013, 04:41 PM
Kos. :bow:

McNamara That Ghost...
08-12-2013, 04:42 PM
Giroud offside, dammit.

Marc Overmars
08-12-2013, 04:42 PM
Much better now

McNamara That Ghost...
08-12-2013, 04:43 PM
Giroud in, Howard comes out to save. Blatant foul by Barry and booked, rightly.

Maestro
fuckin muppet

Penguin
Howard does well there

Munchies
ffs Giroud !!

GP
08-12-2013, 04:44 PM
Barry should be off :rolleyes:

McNamara That Ghost...
08-12-2013, 04:45 PM
Howard denies Ramsey.

Munchies
08-12-2013, 04:46 PM
Fuck you Howard

GP
Bossing it.

Özil's Panoramic View
Webb has had another absolute shocker thus far.

Globalgunner
Everton seem to have a game plan. It involves kicking everybody's shins. It's working too

McNamara That Ghost...
08-12-2013, 04:47 PM
0-0 HT. Everton well deserve their half-time lead of eight.

GP
08-12-2013, 04:48 PM
Despite Everton's possession we've been the better side so far, with the best chances. Chesney has had nothing to do.

Barry should be off.

Come on the Arsenal!

Özim
08-12-2013, 04:48 PM
0-0 HT

We've been sh*t other that the last 5 minutes when we woke up.

Shaqiri Is Boss
08-12-2013, 04:49 PM
Everton seem to have a game plan. It involves kicking everybody's shins. It's working too
You can take the Spaniard out of Wigan...

Özim
Despite Everton's possession we've been the better side so far, with the best chances. Chesney has had nothing to do.

Barry should be off.

Come on the Arsenal!

:blink:

Boss
Shading the half, deserve to be ahead imo. Howard is a beast.

Will win if this keeps up, their attack has been anonymous.

McNamara That Ghost...
08-12-2013, 04:50 PM
No shots on target. Neverton. :lol:

Özim
08-12-2013, 04:50 PM
Shading the half, deserve to be ahead imo. Howard is a beast.

Will win if this keeps up, their attack has been anonymous.

We had 5 good minutes at the end of the 1st half, the rest of the half was all Everton so I have no idea how you came to that conclusion.

Everton lacking in the final 3rd for sure, but they've been the better side no question.

Globalgunner
08-12-2013, 04:51 PM
I really hope Wenger is earning his salary right now in that locker room. We've been close to pathetic in that 1st half

Marc Overmars
08-12-2013, 04:51 PM
Everton controlling most of the game but we became more incisive towards the end, forcing a couple of good stops from Howard.

Need to keep up that temp and not allow them to settle again.

Ramsey, Cazorla and Ozil need to improve.

Master Splinter
08-12-2013, 04:52 PM
Everton had the sterile possession domination.

We took over at the end and had some really good chances through some excellent play around the box. Howard did really well to deny Giroud and Ramsey.

Just need to keep up that level we showed and sharpen up a bit.

Koscielny is awesome.

Power n Glory
08-12-2013, 04:53 PM
This is a game for Walcott and Flamini.

McNamara That Ghost...
08-12-2013, 05:01 PM
Come on Arsenal. :bow:

Marc Overmars
08-12-2013, 05:01 PM
Come on you Gunners!!!

GP
08-12-2013, 05:02 PM
Everton had the sterile possession domination.

We took over at the end and had some really good chances through some excellent play around the box. Howard did really well to deny Giroud and Ramsey.

Just need to keep up that level we showed and sharpen up a bit.

Koscielny is awesome.

Exactly, we've had enough of those games to know it's not how long you keep the ball, it's how you use it. So far we've been far superior in that respect. A bit sharper in the attacking 3rd and we'll win this.

Penguin
08-12-2013, 05:04 PM
Theo warming up

McNamara That Ghost...
08-12-2013, 05:04 PM
Good start. Although that's only a few minutes.

Transplanted Gooner
08-12-2013, 05:05 PM
Much better start to the second half

McNamara That Ghost...
Gibbs with the going for glory volley, wide. :lol:

Marc Overmars
Strong start

Özil's Panoramic View
08-12-2013, 05:07 PM
Exactly, we've had enough of those games to know it's not how long you keep the ball, it's how you use it. So far we've been far superior in that respect. A bit sharper in the attacking 3rd and we'll win this.

Would take a spud to refute all that you and MS have said on this matter.

McNamara That Ghost...
Ramsey had a chance for the throughball there.

McNamara That Ghost...
Wheelchair brings it back, Cazorla header, easy for Howard.

Master Splinter
08-12-2013, 05:08 PM
Should be 1-0.

McNamara That Ghost...
08-12-2013, 05:10 PM
Nobody supporting Bif!

Marc Overmars
Let's give Bif some help shall we

Transplanted Gooner
Arteta : you SHALL not pass!!

McNamara That Ghost...
08-12-2013, 05:11 PM
Pienaar shoots, Ches saves.

Penguin
08-12-2013, 05:12 PM
Just clear it Jenks! <_<

McNamara That Ghost...
08-12-2013, 05:13 PM
Brilliant stuff, Ramsey on the stretch, Howard saves.

Penguin
Brilliant move

corner to us

Transplanted Gooner
That spin from Gibbs!

Marc Overmars
08-12-2013, 05:14 PM
So much better this half.

Passing is more slick.

Come on you Gunners. :pray:

McNamara That Ghost...
08-12-2013, 05:14 PM
Ches playing piggy in the middle with Howard.

Penguin
08-12-2013, 05:16 PM
Dangerous ball from McCarthy :faint:

Transplanted Gooner
08-12-2013, 05:17 PM
The difference is that the midfield aren't playing the lazy dozy passes that allowed Everton to intercept.

McNamara That Ghost...
08-12-2013, 05:18 PM
McCarthy booked. Nutter.

McNamara That Ghost...
08-12-2013, 05:19 PM
What a waste.

McNamara That Ghost...
08-12-2013, 05:21 PM
Özil. :bow:

McNamara That Ghost...
08-12-2013, 05:24 PM
Three chances from WUMger.

Come on guys, clear it!

Marc Overmars
Fucking hell wheelchair

McNamara That Ghost...
Wilshere. :doh:

And Wheelchair, Cazorla, Ramsey off, Theo, Rosicky and Flamini on.

Marc Overmars
08-12-2013, 05:25 PM
Ramsey off?

:unsure:

Transplanted Gooner
Sleeves up !

McNamara That Ghost...
Giroud header, wide.

Özim
08-12-2013, 05:26 PM
Wilshere off.

Wenger :bow:

McNamara That Ghost...
08-12-2013, 05:27 PM
Lukaku cross, goes out.

McNamara That Ghost...
Pienaar off, Osman on.

Marc Overmars
Leon Iniesta on.

McNamara That Ghost...
08-12-2013, 05:28 PM
Flamini shot, not far wide.

Globalgunner
Pienaar off, Osman on.

1 cap Osman

Marc Overmars
Good effort Flamini

McNamara That Ghost...
08-12-2013, 05:29 PM
How pub team. :lol:

Penguin
08-12-2013, 05:30 PM
Kos and Giroud both try to shoot and get in each other's way :rolleyes:

Maestro
08-12-2013, 05:34 PM
will be surprised, delightedly, if we win this game

McNamara That Ghost...
Howard booked for timewasting.

McNamara That Ghost...
Send him off!

McNamara That Ghost...
08-12-2013, 05:35 PM
Mirallas shoots, goes behind for a corner.

McNamara That Ghost...
08-12-2013, 05:35 PM
Distin header, over. Phew.

McNamara That Ghost...
08-12-2013, 05:36 PM
Mirallas off, Deulofeu on.

Marc Overmars
Nervy moments. :sick:

McNamara That Ghost...
ÖZIL!!!!!

Giroud. :haha:

Penguin
OZILLLL

Master Splinter
08-12-2013, 05:37 PM
Ozil!!!!!!!

Özil's Panoramic View
:patrice:

Marc Overmars
OZIL!!!!!!!!!!!

Fucking get in!!

Transplanted Gooner
Nice work from Rosicky and Walcott on that !

McNamara That Ghost...
Özil waiting ages for the fives.

Maestro
will be surprised, delightedly, if we win this game

yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

COYG make it happen for us

what an air kick from bif

Marc Overmars
08-12-2013, 05:38 PM
Come on lads last 10 minutes.

Focus!!

Özim
OZILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL LLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!

McNamara That Ghost...
Lukaku is such a tank.

GP
Wonderful.

Master Splinter
Was that a Feo or Bif assist?

Özim
What a miss by Giroud just before Ozil puts it in!

Maestro
08-12-2013, 05:39 PM
Nice work from Rosicky and Walcott on that !

....and a lot more direct as well

McNamara That Ghost...
Barkley. :lol:

Transplanted Gooner
Feo gets the assist

McNamara That Ghost...
Was that a Feo or Bif assist?

I think Bif scuffed it. If not, it was a mental assist.

GP
Arteta has been great.

Maestro
08-12-2013, 05:40 PM
I think Bif scuffed it. If not, it was a mental assist.

bif air kicked it, theo assist

McNamara That Ghost...
08-12-2013, 05:40 PM
1-1 Deulofeu.

Master Splinter
08-12-2013, 05:41 PM
Fuck.

Great goal.

Marc Overmars
What a goal.

FFS

Penguin
Fuck.

1-1

Maestro
fuck this shit, fuck it

the kid is great, we should have been on guard

fuck fuck fuck

Transplanted Gooner
08-12-2013, 05:42 PM
Damn. That was a phenomenal equaliser.
Crap.

Özim
Sh*t.

Marc Overmars
Come on Arsenal.

Maestro
08-12-2013, 05:43 PM
fuck is all i can say fuck ....think i just got turrets

Xhaka Can’t
08-12-2013, 05:44 PM
Everton are a damned fine side.

McNamara That Ghost...
FFS Jenks.

McNamara That Ghost...
And Rosicky. :doh:

Marc Overmars
08-12-2013, 05:45 PM
Fuck this.

Keep the point and go home.

Maestro
let's buy that kid

McNamara That Ghost...
Deulofeu. Eek.

Booked now.

Penguin
Chesney :bow:

Stay alert in defence guys!

Maestro
08-12-2013, 05:46 PM
Fuck this.

Keep the point and go home.

yep, i'll take that

McNamara That Ghost...
Osman clears it. Come on.

Munchies
Nearly ffs

McNamara That Ghost...
08-12-2013, 05:47 PM
Flamini. :doh:

Three added minutes.

Maestro
08-12-2013, 05:48 PM
air kicks galore today

McNamara That Ghost...
08-12-2013, 05:49 PM
Lukaku. :lol: Arteta with a herp derp.

Marc Overmars
Arteta gets Lukaku'd :sick:

McNamara That Ghost...
Barkley off, Naismith on.

KSE Comedy Club
Why did he take Ramsey off, was he playin crap?

Penguin
08-12-2013, 05:50 PM
Why did he take Ramsey off, was he playin crap?

Yep

McNamara That Ghost...
Giroud hits the bar!

Marc Overmars
OMG

Globalgunner
Arteta can be such a klutz at times

Munchies
AH FCUK !!!!!!!!!!

Master Splinter
08-12-2013, 05:51 PM
FFS.

Giroud :bow:.

Penguin
Giroud off the post!

Stunning strike!

McNamara That Ghost...
1-1 FT. Everton are so annoying to play against.

GP
What a hit!

Penguin
1-1 FT

Fair result for both teams

PGFC
08-12-2013, 05:52 PM
I'll take that.

Özim
Looks like we've blown our chance today.

Transplanted Gooner
Good game. Draws about right.

Best I've seen Everton play since the eighties.

GP
Damn. Almost a great win, denied by the wondergoal.

Maestro
can we ever take advantage when others falter?

LDG
I'm fucking exhausted :lol:

Not a bad point that.

LDG
08-12-2013, 05:53 PM
can we ever take advantage when others falter?

Well, yeah. We just took a point off Chelsea..

GP
08-12-2013, 05:53 PM
5 points clear :scarf:

Xhaka Can’t
08-12-2013, 05:54 PM
Excellent second half from both sides. Everton are a strong side and could challenge for top 4.

Penguin
Looks like we've blown our chance today.

Looks like you underestimate Everton :lol:

Niall_Quinn
Threw it away, we had them beaten. Very frustrating. Very, very careless performance. Everton good on the ball but toothless in the final third until the Spanish bloke came on. Two points thrown down the drain.

Maestro
08-12-2013, 05:55 PM
Well, yeah. We just took a point off Chelsea..

guess you're right, was getting greedy and dreaming of maximum points. draw is fair result and not a disaster.

very impressed with everton, since the moyes negativity departed

LDG
08-12-2013, 05:58 PM
We're gonna drop points throughout this season. What we didn't want to do was lose.

Shame we got done, but in fairness, Everton were pretty good, we were a bit off, and a bloody quality individual goal from that young lad is what got us.

Walcott looked bright. Nice to have him back.

Maestro
08-12-2013, 06:00 PM
Threw it away, we had them beaten. Very frustrating. Very, very careless performance. Everton good on the ball but toothless in the final third until the Spanish bloke came on. Two points thrown down the drain.

see that's just it, see my response to LDG above. we should we be happy with that performance and lack of maximum points from this game?

is a draw a good enough outcome in the scheme of things?

don't know if we should be okay with this or not?

Niall_Quinn
08-12-2013, 06:00 PM
It's another thing on the list we need to cure, the ability to take full advantage when we have the chance. 79% passing accuracy today, not even close to being good enough.

Özim
08-12-2013, 06:25 PM
Looks like you underestimate Everton :lol:

We were at home, I expected us to edge them out today.

Özim
08-12-2013, 06:29 PM
We will drop points throughout the season, but we want to win our home games in reality.

Everton aren't as good as Chelsea or Man City so I can see more dropped points in those games. I reckon we'll probably lose at City (especially with their record at home) and at best get a draw against Chelsea though I can see them winning that as well as we never seem to be able to get a results against them.