PDA

View Full Version : Arsenal v Chelsea - Mon 23 Dec - EPL- 8PM KO

Pages : [1] 2

Munchies
14-12-2013, 02:56 PM
Must win game.

9 days rest for the team now, no excuses.

Chelsea also have a mid week league cup game away to Sunderland.

It's the best time for Wenger to get his first win over Mourinho.

IBK
14-12-2013, 02:57 PM
If any Gooner wouldn't take a point right now they are a Holocaust denier.

Marc Overmars
14-12-2013, 03:05 PM
Lots of possession without any cutting edge, then concede a sloppy goal and painfully endure them seeing the game out as usual.

0-2.

LDG
14-12-2013, 03:13 PM

Shut up.

They are nowhere near City for quality.

Only thing holding us back against them is us.

More than capable of 3 points here.

Come on you rip roaring gunners :scarf:

Bumble
14-12-2013, 03:18 PM
We will have rested. Chelsea not great defensively. We have to win to get back on track as West ham and Newcastle away won't be easy.

IBK
14-12-2013, 03:20 PM
Shut up.

I get the standard bearing, but on any analysis of our season, a draw against Chelsea would be stemming the flow. There would still be questions even if we beat them, and you know that.

Xhaka Can’t
14-12-2013, 03:21 PM
Shut up.

This.

Especially the first line.

IBK
14-12-2013, 03:26 PM
This.

Especially the first line.

Difference between support/optimism and realistic analysis. Fair enough. :cheers:

LDG
14-12-2013, 03:30 PM
Difference between support/optimism and realistic analysis. Fair enough. :cheers:

It's not realistic analysis though.

We're top if the fucking league!

We can beat Chelsea if we play well. Pure and simple.

:doh:

IBK
14-12-2013, 03:38 PM
It's not realistic analysis though.

We're top if the fucking league!

We can beat Chelsea if we play well. Pure and simple.

:doh:

Mate - analysis is predictive as well as current. If you have seen something to show you that we will be where we are at the end of the season then you are more perceptive than the most experienced heads out there. In the words of Keegan - I would bloody love it if the questions our team has raised so far this season were put to bed going forward but I am afraid that the evidence so far suggests that we don;t have what it takes. Despite our current league position.

Niall_Quinn
14-12-2013, 03:40 PM

3 points all the way for me!

IBK
14-12-2013, 03:46 PM
3 points all the way for me!

Nazi.

Niall_Quinn
14-12-2013, 03:49 PM
Nazi.

First time I've been treated like royalty on here.

milla
14-12-2013, 03:52 PM
First time I've been treated like royalty on here.

King Niall_Quinn Bendtner :bow:

McNamara That Ghost...
14-12-2013, 03:58 PM
3-2.

Arsenal. :bow:

Master Splinter
14-12-2013, 04:09 PM
If there's no other casualties, I think we'll give a really good performance. If Theo performs like today, we'll win. And he does like scoring against Chelsea.

The team will know it has to make up for some disappointing displays and results.

Whatever the result, I don't think we'll half-arse our way through this one. If they do, then nothing much has really changed.

I'm going for a 3-1 to get us back on track.

Darknight02
14-12-2013, 04:24 PM
If there's no other casualties, I think we'll give a really good performance. If Theo performs like today, we'll win. And he does like scoring against Chelsea.

The team will know it has to make up for some disappointing displays and results.

Whatever the result, I don't think we'll half-arse our way through this one. If they do, then nothing much has really changed.

I'm going for a 3-1 to get us back on track.

Agree. This is the biggest game now of the season. Lose this one and I think the wheels will truly come off.

I'm absolutely disappointed about the City game make no mistake about it. But I genuinely believe there are plenty of mitigating circumstances for it happening. We had an awful referee and the games have finally taken their toll.

The team have 9 days off now. They can recharge and they'll know they owe us a big performance. Get 3 points from this and well get the belief back. Wenger has to remind this team we are still top of the league. In our position so far the league is far from over.

Hopefully this is a real wake up call for the players and the squad. Wenger will hopefully realise that his squad is lacking and given the way we set up and play we are a striker and genuine winger short.

Wenger also needs to figure out what his best team is.

He must decided whether he goes for control in the midfield with Arteta and Flamini or sacrifice this for Ramsey and Flamini.

He needs to find a way to work Podolski into this team and get the best out of him. Giroud up front by himself will only work if the midfielders have a storming say to benefit from his link up play.

Against Chavs I'd play Ramsey and Flamini in midfield with Ozil, Walcott and Rosicky.

Monreal got ripped apart today. But it was in no small part due to Wilshere who didn't track back one bit. I knew that would happen with their fast nippy wingers.

We've had three poor results on the trot now.

It's time to re energise and start afresh and Wenger needs to keep his players confidence up and get the belief again. Solidarity and team spirit and the defence needs to get back to what they did best in the earlier part of the season.

If you had given me 2 points clear at this stage given our pre season id still take it. It's time for the leaders on the team to really say Fcuk You to all the pundits who can't stand us and stand up for ourselves.

The start and hard work of the early season has given us a fighting chance. We need to continue it.

United have won multiple titles despite losing the big games due to their consistency and flat track bullying the rest of the league. Keep that attitude

LDG
14-12-2013, 04:43 PM
Mate - analysis is predictive as well as current. If you have seen something to show you that we will be where we are at the end of the season then you are more perceptive than the most experienced heads out there. In the words of Keegan - I would bloody love it if the questions our team has raised so far this season were put to bed going forward but I am afraid that the evidence so far suggests that we don;t have what it takes. Despite our current league position.

:haha:

Are you Alan Shearer?

Darknight02
14-12-2013, 05:00 PM
Playing against City is one thing. If we fail to do the business against the Chavs next Monday it would be criminal. They are so poor.

Wenger needs to put aside his fear of Mourinho and go all out against them.

Özim
14-12-2013, 06:17 PM
1-2 Mourinho to get one over Wenger again like he always does.

milla
14-12-2013, 06:55 PM
Assuming everyone will be fit,

--------------Szczesny------------------

Sagna---Mertesacker--koscielny---Gibbs

-------Flamini----------Ramsey----------

Walcott-----------Ozil------------Cazorla

----------------Bendtner------------------

Bench: Fabianski, Vermaelan, Monreal, Podolski, Rosicky, Jack, Giroud.

IBK
14-12-2013, 07:40 PM
:haha:

Are you Alan Shearer?

Nope just an Arsenal fan who calls it like it is.

fakeyank
14-12-2013, 10:16 PM
Would've taken a point had we not lost today but nothing less than a win can give the lads belief that they belong among the big dogs. We HAVE to win this or we can forget about the title and aim for the 4th place trophy!
Come on you gooners!! :scared:

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

McNamara That Ghost...
14-12-2013, 11:48 PM
Come on Arsenal. :bow:

Xhaka Can’t
15-12-2013, 08:49 AM
One bright spot to come out of the City game was Theo's finishing. The second especially was beautiful to watch. If he can replicate that type of form against what will be a stingier defence, I reckon we'll be looking good against Chelsea.

The key thing over the next nine days is getting the midfield and defence together to sort out the train wreck they produced against City. On the plus side, they will not be contending with anything like the pace shown by City.

Power n Glory
15-12-2013, 09:45 AM
Who knows what sort of performance we'll get out of this team. Not sure how anyone can be so confident about us getting 3 points after what've seen over the last 3 games. They've got some soul searching to do. We tried to conserve energy during the Napoli which cost us the top spot in the group, but it was in vain because we still got a pasting to City yesterday. It wasn't even close. I worry about this groups mental strength.

AFC Leveller
15-12-2013, 11:10 AM
Our record against this Chelsea side and Mourinho in general is poor and the league cup defeat was so familiar i could've sworn it was 2009/2010/2011 etc.

Anyway i remember we beat Chelsea 3-1 at our place a few years ago when we played a high tmepo game and robbed the ball off them high up the pitch to score our goals. We need thatkind of energetic and pacey performance because Chelsea more than most, know how to beat us and we will need to be switched on at the back and attack with variety and width.

If we play it slow and keep passing it sideways then Chelsea will just brush us aside. Even Crystal palace caused them problems yesterday so we have no excuses.

head says 2-2, heart says 1-3.

Letters
15-12-2013, 02:44 PM
Playing against City is one thing. If we fail to do the business against the Chavs next Monday it would be criminal. They are so poor.

Wenger needs to put aside his fear of Mourinho and go all out against them.
Poor? :lol: They're 2 points away from us.
That said their away form is patchy and we have a week to recover.
We really have to win this one, a draw at the very minimum. Lose this and I fear for us.

Xhaka Can’t
15-12-2013, 03:12 PM
Our record against this Chelsea side and Mourinho in general is poor and the league cup defeat was so familiar i could've sworn it was 2009/2010/2011 etc.

Anyway i remember we beat Chelsea 3-1 at our place a few years ago when we played a high tmepo game and robbed the ball off them high up the pitch to score our goals. We need thatkind of energetic and pacey performance because Chelsea more than most, know how to beat us and we will need to be switched on at the back and attack with variety and width.

If we play it slow and keep passing it sideways then Chelsea will just brush us aside. Even Crystal palace caused them problems yesterday so we have no excuses.

head says 2-2, heart says 1-3.

You're heart says 1-3? :blink:

Letters
15-12-2013, 03:33 PM
You're? :blink:

:coney:

Can't believe I did that tbh.

:getcoat:

Niall_Quinn
15-12-2013, 03:59 PM
One bright spot to come out of the City game was Theo's finishing. The second especially was beautiful to watch. If he can replicate that type of form against what will be a stingier defence, I reckon we'll be looking good against Chelsea.

The key thing over the next nine days is getting the midfield and defence together to sort out the train wreck they produced against City. On the plus side, they will not be contending with anything like the pace shown by City.

There was another double positive - we cut city to ribbons just as much as they tore up our full backs. We had plenty of chances, just couldn't take them. Pellegrini won't be buying the bullshit going around the media today, not if he's smart. With a better finisher or even a less knackered striker playing for us the result could have been very different. If we work on getting rid of that horrible fucking carelessness in the middle and we tighten up the defence a bit more we are very much in the hunt. Looking beyond the silly headlines, even on the back of a rough schedule, even with seriously dodgy officials, even with our main striker having lost his shooting boots at a critical time, we still gave city a game on their own patch. This is being brushed under the carpet in the media but it still happened.

Darknight02
15-12-2013, 05:05 PM
There was another double positive - we cut city to ribbons just as much as they tore up our full backs. We had plenty of chances, just couldn't take them. Pellegrini won't be buying the bullshit going around the media today, not if he's smart. With a better finisher or even a less knackered striker playing for us the result could have been very different. If we work on getting rid of that horrible fucking carelessness in the middle and we tighten up the defence a bit more we are very much in the hunt. Looking beyond the silly headlines, even on the back of a rough schedule, even with seriously dodgy officials, even with our main striker having lost his shooting boots at a critical time, we still gave city a game on their own patch. This is being brushed under the carpet in the media but it still happened.

Spot on.

It really is depressing to see Suarez score so many goals. If only Wenger would have just bid 50million for him. Would have been worth. The difference a ridiculously quality striker makes is so obvious.

There are a lot of positives to come out from the City game. It is up to the manager to pick up his players and remind them of their quality.

An important point I'd like to make is that against Everton, City and United, in all three games, our team sat back at the start and immediately let the opposition impose their game on us. The only game where we started fast and supremely was Liverpool (and Napoli).

This is a real concern in my opinion as once you let the opposition team impose their style of play and their game on you, it becomes difficult to re-establish that rhythm and performance.

Against Chelsea our players absolutely must start strong, believe in themselves and play in their way.

Özim
15-12-2013, 05:31 PM

He's cold hearted.

GP
15-12-2013, 06:25 PM
3-0

Bumble
15-12-2013, 07:27 PM

what were you expecting though of course we gave City a game. at times it was very close and at 3-2 if we could have held on to that score for a bit longer then it could have been a terrific comeback. But as has happened before this season, we are unable to chase a game. But to say if we tightened up it could have been close, but if city tightened up and were more clinical in front of goal we could have lost 10-0. They had 22 shots to our 12, we actually hit the target as a higher percentage than they did. Looking for excuses is pointless and blinkered as players make mistakes and official make mistakes. City do look formidable and should be favourites for the league. We just have to capitalise when they get sloppy away from home.

I do think we need to beat Chelsea as that would give us the perfect spring going into Christmas and New year. we lose that game and I don't think we will win the league.

Injury Time
15-12-2013, 07:30 PM
9 days off; Rosicky, Wheelchair & Podolski little bit coke too much, Özil little groin strain from mrs, Mertz out due to club debt collecting fight. Little bit Lack of sharpness, 2 pub goals=0-2 smug Maureen, end of season. (followed by big response against Spuds 0-1)

Nayan
15-12-2013, 07:54 PM
3-1 home win

milla
15-12-2013, 08:03 PM
9 days off; Rosicky, Wheelchair & Podolski little bit coke too much, Özil little groin strain from mrs, Mertz out due to club debt collecting fight. Little bit Lack of sharpness, 2 pub goals=0-2 smug Maureen, end of season. (followed by big response against Spuds 0-1)

Feck off Zim. :coffee:

Penguin
15-12-2013, 09:03 PM
Spot on.

It really is depressing to see Suarez score so many goals. If only Wenger would have just bid 50million for him. Would have been worth. The difference a ridiculously quality striker makes is so obvious.
I don't think Liverpool would have sold him to us even if we did

Alpha
15-12-2013, 09:13 PM
I can't see any reason to be scared of Chelsea even if we have a poor record against Mourinho whom I think has lost him magic and is only a shadow of his self .
Analysing his body language , Mourinho does not look confident as he used to during the Drogba era . He is no more enthusiastic and looks even unsure of winning some games . He is no more optimistic . The only thing which can deny us of a famous victory ( As it will be the first ever against Mourinho ) is our own mental bloc ( players and fans included )

selassie
16-12-2013, 12:02 AM
I am not overly confident going into this game given our record against fellow top 4 sides this season. I agree with Alpha, we should not fear Chelsea, they do have some very handy players, but no outstanding ones like City or United or even dare I say Liverpool.

I think if we can control the midfield we should win, if we play well we should win.

It really is a must win game IMHO, anything less will be a poor result and will put us right amongst it assuming City and Liverpool both win next weekend.

Edited to add: If we harbour any ambitions to strongly challenge this season then we MUST win our home games against our rivals as it looks like we won't be getting anything at their grounds.

AFC Leveller
16-12-2013, 07:31 AM

lol 3-1!

AFC Leveller
16-12-2013, 07:50 AM
I am not overly confident going into this game given our record against fellow top 4 sides this season. I agree with Alpha, we should not fear Chelsea, they do have some very handy players, but no outstanding ones like City or United or even dare I say Liverpool.

I think if we can control the midfield we should win, if we play well we should win.

It really is a must win game IMHO, anything less will be a poor result and will put us right amongst it assuming City and Liverpool both win next weekend.

Edited to add: If we harbour any ambitions to strongly challenge this season then we MUST win our home games against our rivals as it looks like we won't be getting anything at their grounds.

Agreed.

up until the City game, our away and home records were almost identical and that shows consistancy IMO but as you say winning at City, Man ure and Chelsea seems to be beyond us so its vitaly important we get the points at home.

Andy Gray made a good point the other week when we beat Cardiff, he said that the way we play and keep the ball, 15/16 of the 19 teams wont be able to stop us and that would make us one of the favourites even though we might not win the big games.

Look at City, they have one area of strength (their home record) and look at where they are in the table despite losing 4 and drawing to away. for me, if we can continue our form and beat the sides we should beat home and away then dropping 3 points every couple of months (going by recent record) wont hit us as hard.

Xhaka Can’t
16-12-2013, 08:37 AM
lol 3-1!

Much better! :d

GP
16-12-2013, 08:41 AM
My heart says Billion-Nil

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
16-12-2013, 11:58 AM
We won't just win by playing well.....we've got to be ruthless, clinical, professional and all of that jazz. We pulled off a few nice wins against them, namely when Terry was put on his arse for RvP to score. Let's do it again. Win that is, not put Terry on his arse. Okay then, let's do both.

---------------Szczesny---------------

Sagna-----Merkyl--------KOS-----Gibbs

--------Arteta----------Ramsey--------

Walcott----------Ozil------------Cazorla

-------------Olivier Giroud---------------

AFC Leveller
16-12-2013, 12:38 PM
With Arteta in the side instead of Flams, we seem to keep the ball better and move it about nicely. It was evident against City that we missed him and i think he has to play against Chelsea. Flamini;s organisation and aggressiveness is also vital but we cannot play both at home, no way.

selassie
16-12-2013, 12:49 PM
We won't just win by playing well.....we've got to be ruthless, clinical, professional and all of that jazz. We pulled off a few nice wins against them, namely when Terry was put on his arse for RvP to score. Let's do it again. Win that is, not put Terry on his arse. Okay then, let's do both.

---------------Szczesny---------------

Sagna-----Merkyl--------KOS-----Gibbs

--------Arteta----------Ramsey--------

Walcott----------Ozil------------Cazorla

-------------Olivier Giroud---------------

Yeah agreed re: being ruthless. I kind of meant playing well in the sense of executing everything properly, like say we did against Liverpool.

We can definitely beat Chelsea, they do not worry me in the way they use to say 3 or 4 seasons ago. Honestly....anything less than a win will be a poor result IMHO.

Agree with your line up too.

Marc Overmars
16-12-2013, 12:51 PM
Need to go mental and press them like we did in that 3-1 win a few seasons ago.

adzzzbatch
16-12-2013, 03:18 PM
Just booked tickets for me and my girlfriend to go :d

Letters said a few are going to this so I'll see those of you who are in/outside the pub :beer::beer::beer:

Letters
16-12-2013, 03:34 PM
:cheers:

See you in the Pins
:dance:

Dein-machine
16-12-2013, 04:12 PM
Maureen will never have the same ego or confidence becuase the Manc Skanks have the richest Daddy now. If we play to attack I think we'll win but not by trying to play through the middle. They will play Ramirez & Mikel in DM role to snuff us out, Maureen always has done going back to Makalele days. Must get in behind them with pace & Giroud has to wake up.

AFC Leveller
17-12-2013, 09:33 AM
Maureen will never have the same ego or confidence becuase the Manc Skanks have the richest Daddy now. If we play to attack I think we'll win but not by trying to play through the middle. They will play Ramirez & Mikel in DM role to snuff us out, Maureen always has done going back to Makalele days. Must get in behind them with pace & Giroud has to wake up.

This.

We saw in the CC game where they had Mikel and Essien sitting in the middle breaking up our predictable attacks down the middle (we had Jack, Ramsey and Cazorla so hardly 2nd string). We need to vary our game and use the width to good effect.

JonasTC
17-12-2013, 10:40 AM
We also had Bendtner and Jenkinson who forgot they were playing for Arsenal in that game :D

Bumble
17-12-2013, 10:20 PM
Nice Sunderland equalise in last minute of normal time then last min of extra time to beat chelsea. Haha.

Darknight02
17-12-2013, 10:25 PM
Well we've had an upset. And now Chelsea have had an upset.

Wenger really has to go for the jugular here. This Chelsea team does not have that prat's ability not to concede.

We can't fear and we need to go all out against them and impose our game on them. Crystal Palace and Sunderland have really run them close.

GP
17-12-2013, 10:36 PM
We'll murder these fucking cunts.

Munchies
18-12-2013, 01:25 AM
We'll murder these fucking cunts.

:pray:

I hate these cunts more than the Spuds now, atleast the Spuds provide us with hilarity all the time.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
18-12-2013, 01:39 AM
Yeah agreed re: being ruthless. I kind of meant playing well in the sense of executing everything properly, like say we did against Liverpool.

We can definitely beat Chelsea, they do not worry me in the way they use to say 3 or 4 seasons ago. Honestly....anything less than a win will be a poor result IMHO.

Agree with your line up too.
Liverpool was impressive for many reasons, but not least of all how we dealt with the deadly duo they have. Chelsea don't have that type of quality upfront (which is good because Koscielny's out) so hopefully we can focus on attacking them a little more.

I hope we score first. It will be really disheartening if they do a number on us and the special one starts leaping about the place with his hollywood showgirl fist pumping.

Özil's Panoramic View
18-12-2013, 01:44 AM
Have to agree. The spuds are laughable at best, but chavscum have really morphed into a most odious, detestable and loathsome lot. Nothing but a monetized pub team filled with utter cunts and scrotes led by an abhorrent gimp.

Fuck the classless chav cunts.

We are The Arsenal.

3-1.

#COYG :scarf:

selassie
18-12-2013, 09:43 AM
Liverpool was impressive for many reasons, but not least of all how we dealt with the deadly duo they have. Chelsea don't have that type of quality upfront (which is good because Koscielny's out) so hopefully we can focus on attacking them a little more.

I hope we score first. It will be really disheartening if they do a number on us and the special one starts leaping about the place with his hollywood showgirl fist pumping.

I personally feel if we lose that's it, the title race for us will effecitively be over and we'll be fighting for 4th place. I know it sounds slightly OTT but we will likely be in 3rd place by the time we face them next Monday. Added to the fact that a loss will severly dent the confidence of the team and we'll be right amongst the chasing pack.

Whilst we have improved I cannot see this team mounting a title chase from behind irrespective of our rivals inconsistencies.

We absolutely MUST win on Monday, Chelsea are their for the taking.

AFC Leveller
18-12-2013, 10:21 AM
seeing Sunderland beat them yesterday reminded me of just how useless we played against them in the last round. they were able to stop us with ease and were comfortable throughout. Why can Sunderland cause them problems and beat them with inferioir players than us but we seem to struggle every time?

If we dont beat them next Monday then you have to say the manager is the one to blame for his continued flopping against mourinho, esp tactics wise where IMO AW is not good enough in the big games.

Marc Overmars
18-12-2013, 10:26 AM
They are pretty shite defensively.

If Wenget doesn't beat Mourinho now he never will.

selassie
18-12-2013, 10:30 AM
seeing Sunderland beat them yesterday reminded me of just how useless we played against them in the last round. they were able to stop us with ease and were comfortable throughout. Why can Sunderland cause them problems and beat them with inferioir players than us but we seem to struggle every time?

If we dont beat them next Monday then you have to say the manager is the one to blame for his continued flopping against mourinho, esp tactics wise where IMO AW is not good enough in the big games.

Yep agreed, that's what kind of worries me going into the game on Monday. To be fair, Chelsea are actually pretty good in the big games, they have been this season.

Wenger absolutely has to get his tactics right otherwise we're toast, I think if we go at Chelsea from the off like we did against Napoli at home we will cause them all sorts of problems. The first goal is crucial because I don't see us coming back if we go behind.

McNamara That Ghost...
19-12-2013, 05:43 PM
Wheelchair will be suspended for this and the 'Ammers game after all.

Letters
20-12-2013, 10:36 AM
I’m getting increasingly nervous about Monday’s game. Haven’t felt like this about a game for a long time but just feel it’s a massive one and quite pivotal in terms of how our season pans out.
Not that I think we’ll win the league anyway but if we could win on Monday I think we’ll stay there or thereabouts all season. If not then I fear we’ll fade away.

Come on Arsenal :scarf:

Bumble
20-12-2013, 01:13 PM
I’m getting increasingly nervous about Monday’s game. Haven’t felt like this about a game for a long time but just feel it’s a massive one and quite pivotal in terms of how our season pans out.
Not that I think we’ll win the league anyway but if we could win on Monday I think we’ll stay there or thereabouts all season. If not then I fear we’ll fade away.

I am actually going the other way as time goes by i am getting more confident. Perhaps the extra rest the players get plus the chavs going to extra time during the week (shame its not the saturday lunch time kick off). Just think we will do it and we will want it more to prove a point. We need to win as a draw would be disappointing. We will win. 2-0 and Wenger will jump into the crowd then dance up and down the sidelines as Mourinho cries into his matalan coat.

selassie
20-12-2013, 04:33 PM

Feel the same way!

:scarf:

fakeyank
20-12-2013, 04:55 PM

I feel ya homie

LDG
20-12-2013, 04:59 PM
I feel ya homie

Gay!

JonasTC
20-12-2013, 08:03 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-IfjAatRIBcc/UReMTLu617I/AAAAAAAAJ4c/YHm1iAorF00/s1600/Senor-Chang.gif

GP
20-12-2013, 08:13 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AM3IK8uvQgg

milla
20-12-2013, 10:01 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-IfjAatRIBcc/UReMTLu617I/AAAAAAAAJ4c/YHm1iAorF00/s1600/Senor-Chang.gif

Leslie Chow :gp:

fakeyank
21-12-2013, 05:06 PM
It looks so close at the top. Suarez has taken Liverpool to another level. City, if they pick up their away form will be hard to beat, Chavs will be there abouts.. we really really need to win this and sign a striker on Jan 1st!

McNamara That Ghost...
21-12-2013, 05:28 PM
Hmmm, chance this could be abandoned if the weather forecast holds true?

Penguin
21-12-2013, 07:40 PM
Hope not, we have an advantage over Chelsea with a good 9 days rest. If it gets moved it will just clutter up our schedule later on

mkkreuk
21-12-2013, 08:18 PM
Hope not, we have an advantage over Chelsea with a good 9 days rest. If it gets moved it will just clutter up our schedule later on It's just rain - I'd be surprised if it got abandoned for that.

I do worry about the playing surface - I think conditions would definitely help them rather than us and in a game of fine margins it could make the difference. I still back us to come through and win 3-1.

Bumble
21-12-2013, 08:47 PM
Hope not, we have an advantage over Chelsea with a good 9 days rest. If it gets moved it will just clutter up our schedule later on
I can imagine if it does get rearranged it will just be forced into our nightmare feb/march schedule!!!

but pretty sure our pitch is well irrigated so everything should be fine. really fancy our chances... will be genuinely surprised if we don't win. but if we lose we drop to 4th and league is wide open.

AFC Leveller
22-12-2013, 07:07 AM
was watching a review of the 07/08 season. The amount of time we spent as leaders was similar to this season and a lot of people suggest that Eduardo's injury was the turning point. I agree to a certain extent but for me, the losses to Chelsea and Man u (after having lead in both games) were the real reasons we lost out in th end (4 points behind Man ure).

I feel that although we've made huge strides this season, not winning the big games will still be our downfall. We just cannot seem to go to OT, SB, Etihad etc and get a result.

WMUG
22-12-2013, 09:01 AM
was watching a review of the 07/08 season. The amount of time we spent as leaders was similar to this season and a lot of people suggest that Eduardo's injury was the turning point. I agree to a certain extent but for me, the losses to Chelsea and Man u (after having lead in both games) were the real reasons we lost out in th end (4 points behind Man ure).

I feel that although we've made huge strides this season, not winning the big games will still be our downfall. We just cannot seem to go to OT, SB, Etihad etc and get a result.

Nah, it was the 4 draws in a row that killed us.

AFC Leveller
22-12-2013, 09:20 AM
Nah, it was the 4 draws in a row that killed us.

That too (funnily enough our goal drought then could have been sorted out by signing a striker in January 2008) but for me, the 6 pointers are cost us in the end.

Xhaka Can’t
22-12-2013, 06:13 PM
There is no getting round it. This match is one we need to win.

A draw would now be a bad result as we'd have the Chavs and Everton breathing down our necks in a fight for 3rd to 5th.

Marc Overmars
22-12-2013, 06:33 PM
Must win.

Darknight02
22-12-2013, 07:11 PM
Terrible weekend for us.

Liverpool have the best player on the planet. Inspirational just like Titi in 04, Le Bob in 02 and Dennis in 98.

Man City with their gazillion petrol dollars are making light work of losing a world class striker to injury.

United are starting to go one of those runs and all this without the Dutch skunk.

Everton look a complete team with confidence and if Sagna goes hope we go all out for Coleman who looks a diamond along with Barkley.

No mistake about it - tomorrow is a must win game. Winning and re establishing a 2-point lead will send a huge message to dent the confidence of the other chasing teams and inspire us.

Lose and it becomes extremely tricky. With Liverpool and City facing off soon we must try and capitalise as there's a window of a chance to establish another cushion.

Come on you gunners - given the tightness as the top this is the biggest game of the season.

pmakgreb
22-12-2013, 07:57 PM
If we have any hope in winnng the league we need not only to beat chelsea but also win the nect 2 away games. 7 points is a bare minimum in my opinion. Anything less and we will be fighting for 4th with the likes of utd and spurs...

Letters
22-12-2013, 08:51 PM
Terrible weekend for us.

Liverpool have the best player on the planet. Inspirational just like Titi in 04, Le Bob in 02 and Dennis in 98.

Man City with their gazillion petrol dollars are making light work of losing a world class striker to injury.

United are starting to go one of those runs and all this without the Dutch skunk.

Everton look a complete team with confidence and if Sagna goes hope we go all out for Coleman who looks a diamond along with Barkley.

No mistake about it - tomorrow is a must win game. Winning and re establishing a 2-point lead will send a huge message to dent the confidence of the other chasing teams and inspire us.

Lose and it becomes extremely tricky. With Liverpool and City facing off soon we must try and capitalise as there's a window of a chance to establish another cushion.

Come on you gunners - given the tightness as the top this is the biggest game of the season.

:gp:

This game was always a big one, after this weekend's results it's absolutely massive.
We cannot afford to do anything other than win.

LDG
22-12-2013, 09:23 PM
Gonna be lots of travel disruption cos of the weather...will it go ahead?

Penguin
22-12-2013, 10:03 PM
I'd take a draw. As much as we need the points I can see us taking a late sucker punch if we try too hard to win the game. Psychologically it would absolutely destroy us if we lose again and it will only reinforce the view that we cant win the big games. A point isn't too bad as long as we get back to sweeping away the lower teams.

McNamara That Ghost...
22-12-2013, 10:15 PM
Gonna be lots of travel disruption cos of the weather...will it go ahead?

We did it last season against London opposition then went on to win the rearranged tie 5-1. :pray:

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
22-12-2013, 10:54 PM
I'm not sure if failing to win is as clear cut as indicating we will be fighting for 4th with winning meaning we will challenge to the end.

We do have a nightmare feb/march as already suggested. We could actually win tomorrow and just completely capitulate in feb/march anyway.

Not that I am trying to be doom and gloom. It is also possible we lose tomorrow and it becomes the catalyst for a sustained period of time where we are finally written off by everyone and the pressure subsequently eases off with the lowering of expectations, yet we get results. We then could slowly but surely and quietly sneak back ahead in a few months times before the final push to the end.

Letters
22-12-2013, 10:56 PM
I'd take a draw. As much as we need the points I can see us taking a late sucker punch if we try too hard to win the game. Psychologically it would absolutely destroy us if we lose again and it will only reinforce the view that we cant win the big games. A point isn't too bad as long as we get back to sweeping away the lower teams.
IMO we just have to win this one. It would mean we'd be top at Christmas and show we can beat one of the sides being taken more seriously as title contenders.
Anything less and I think it's another battle to stay in the top 4 - a battle I'm confident we'd win but IMO this game will set the pattern for the rest of the season.
Have to win.

Özil's Panoramic View
22-12-2013, 11:09 PM
An absolute Must Win after what can only be described as a shit weekend.

I definitely see us pubbing a win (stuff of champions elect tbf) against a dull, uninspiring and negative Maureen led chavs.

Time Wenger upended that smug fraud.

#COYG :scarf:

Xhaka Can’t
22-12-2013, 11:12 PM

A point also just proves we can't win the big games.

No fucking around, we need the three points.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
22-12-2013, 11:22 PM
Will the special one be tempted to leave Mata out...? Mata usually has a telling contribution against us to say the least.

Syn
23-12-2013, 12:21 AM
John Cross writes Koscielny has been training over the weekend and Arsenal hope he'll be fit for tomorrow's game. If that's the case, we're able to start our first-choice team, 9 days rest, at home. No real excuses.

Oh, forgot about the heavy rain and blustery winds. A draw at best.

selassie
23-12-2013, 08:17 AM

I completely see where you are coming from with this because I have been leaning towards us just taking a draw over the past few days and moving on, that's how unsure I am about how we are going to fare in tonights game. A few weeks back I thought this was going to be 3 points for us...but I have a really bad feeling about tonight, I am naturally like that about most Arsenal games involving our rivals!

Despite the above, we really do have to win tonight, not only to give ourselves top spot for Xmas, but to also send a message to our rivals that we're not going to fall away. We have done pretty well at home against our rivals at home this season, taking 3 points off Spuds & Liverpool and drawing with Everton.

More than anything we need to play very well just for confidence sake.

GP
23-12-2013, 08:48 AM
Must win.

And we will.

WMUG
23-12-2013, 10:13 AM
Did we ever beat Mourinho at our place in his first stint?

Marc Overmars
23-12-2013, 10:20 AM
No, Wenget has yet to get one over Mourinho.

He better tonight though.

McNamara That Ghost...
23-12-2013, 10:52 AM
From Alastair on Redcafe:

Real possibility the Arsenal game will either be off or the attendance will be about 30k. I only live about ten miles from the ground and my train company has already cancelled some services and warned people not to travel.

:popcorn:

LDG
23-12-2013, 10:56 AM
Hmmmm.....do I travel up or not :(

Marc Overmars
23-12-2013, 11:06 AM
Haven't been keeping tabs on the forecasts but the weather hasn't really been too bad I thought. :unsure:

Well not to the extent predicted anyway.

AFC Leveller
23-12-2013, 11:08 AM
I can only imagine what this place will be like IF we lose.....

AFC Leveller
23-12-2013, 11:22 AM
so Kos is definitely out according to AW. Vermaelen has big boots to fill.

Feeling nervous already....

milla
23-12-2013, 02:14 PM
I can only imagine what this place will be like IF we lose.....

This lot would cancelled Christmas IMO. :coffee:

Penguin
23-12-2013, 02:34 PM
IMO we just have to win this one. It would mean we'd be top at Christmas and show we can beat one of the sides being taken more seriously as title contenders.
Anything less and I think it's another battle to stay in the top 4 - a battle I'm confident we'd win but IMO this game will set the pattern for the rest of the season.
Have to win.

A point also just proves we can't win the big games.

No fucking around, we need the three points.
We need to show that we're not easy to beat rather than that we can beat big teams IMO. We've already beaten big teams this season. We've beaten Liverpool, Napoli, Spurs (:lol:) and Dortmund. Dortmund are arguably better than anyone in the Premier League at the moment and we did what no other English club has ever done in the CL by beating them at the Westfalenstadion.

We've made it too easy for the big teams to score against us. For all the talk about our so called improved defence they've let us down. Not just against City but also against Man Utd, Everton, Chelsea in the league cup, and in the first match against Dortmund. If we're going to let them score at least make them work for it.

I'm not saying we should play for a draw but we need to go back to what worked for us earlier in the season - focussing on our defence and building from the back. Chelsea need the win more than us so there's no need to force it, even if we're still level at 75 minutes.

The title wont be won or lost from one game but at least it will give us the chance to steady the ship.

The Emirates Gallactico
23-12-2013, 02:44 PM
It's absoutely horrendous here right now in London. Heavy rain and gale force winds right now and it's meant to get even worse. It's going to be cancelled.

GP
23-12-2013, 02:49 PM
Cancelled for a bit of rain?

Pussies.

fakeyank
23-12-2013, 04:14 PM
It's absoutely horrendous here right now in London. Heavy rain and gale force winds right now and it's meant to get even worse. It's going to be cancelled.

Bhaiya, this is not India where a little rain will flood the entire country..

LDG
23-12-2013, 04:20 PM

Better not be now <_<

Özim
23-12-2013, 04:40 PM
If we don't win tonight, I agree we're just top 4 contenders nothing more. A win would get the monkey of our back and finally prove we can beat the big teams when it matters.

With all due respect to the games we have won against Liverpool and Spurs we often beat them and and they've never really been challengers for the the league, Napoli are good but not great. The Dortmund win was a great win but Dortmund have had a disappointing season thus far and until we scored we struggled to get out of our half.

The Chelsea game is huge, we often struggle against them and if we lose we're 4th. A draw would put us 2nd behind Liverpool but let's be honest after having a chance to go 7 points clear a couple weeks back, to find ourselves a point behind now wouldn't be good and would make this an awful month for us (we have another one of those coming later in the season as well when we meet the big sides again).

Letters
23-12-2013, 05:07 PM
I agree with most of your post Zimm but you seem to be going out of your way to dismiss our good results this year.
Liverpool are top for a reason, that was a really good win. First time we've beaten them at home for a few years.
Dortmund have had a disappointing season since we beat them. At the time we played them though they were 2nd in the league, only a point behind Bayern, and had league stats of P11 W9 D1 L1. They'd played 6 at home and won all of them. Yes it was a bit smash and grab but it was a fantastic result.

But yes, tonight is massive and we absolutely have to win if we're going to take ourselves seriously as contenders and be taken seriously by others. We've taken a few knocks recently, have to get going again tonight.

Ollie the Optimist
23-12-2013, 05:15 PM
i hope we hammer that horrific club managed by an egotistical cunt

Özim
23-12-2013, 05:17 PM
I agree with most of your post Zimm but you seem to be going out of your way to dismiss our good results this year.
Liverpool are top for a reason, that was a really good win. First time we've beaten them at home for a few years.
Dortmund have had a disappointing season since we beat them. At the time we played them though they were 2nd in the league, only a point behind Bayern, and had league stats of P11 W9 D1 L1. They'd played 6 at home and won all of them. Yes it was a bit smash and grab but it was a fantastic result.

But yes, tonight is massive and we absolutely have to win if we're going to take ourselves seriously as contenders and be taken seriously by others. We've taken a few knocks recently, have to get going again tonight.

It was a great win against Liverpool however our record against them is good, we've not really struggled against them. As for Dortmund well they lie 4th in the Bundesligue, behind Leverkusen who were annihilated by Man U (and were rubbish) and aren't having a very good season and to be fair them they were unlucky to lose 2-0 after totally dominating for 50-60 minutes as well.

Ollie the Optimist
23-12-2013, 05:21 PM
we haven't beaten liverpool at home for years, our record against them isn't that good at all. think the last time we beat them at home was in feb 2010. hardly a great record. dortmund were champions league finalists and hammered madrid 6 months ago, they are a dam good side don't try and take away our win.

tonight will decide nothing about who wins the title, it would be great to beat them, a draw is still a dam good result. but until they and city work out how to consistency beat the smaller teams, beating the top teams does nothing. city for example have to go to the current top 8 in the second half the season bar chelsa. 1 home game v 7 away games. their home form is exceptional so far, they away record is 3 wins by xmas. not great.

mkkreuk
23-12-2013, 05:22 PM
Monday night's Barclays Premier League game between Arsenal and Chelsea is set to go ahead despite heavy rain and strong winds.

Groundstaff have been working on the pitch at the Emirates Stadium throughout the day as a pre-Christmas storm sweeps across the country and no problems were reported at 5pm.

However, officials are continuing to monitor the weather ahead of the big London derby which is scheduled to kick-off at 8pm.

Conditions have deteriorated during the day and both clubs have advised fans to allow plenty of time to travel to the game as some transport services in the capital have been disrupted.

Arsenal will return to the top of the Premier League table if they can beat Chelsea, but a win for the Blues will see them join Liverpool at the summit on 36 points.

Gunners boss Arsene Wenger has yet to oversee a victory over a side managed by Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho with four draws and five wins for the Portuguese in their nine previous meetings.

http://www.football365.com/news/21554/9086605/Premier-League-Arsenal-v-Chelsea-game-set-to-beat-the-bad-weather

Master Splinter
23-12-2013, 06:24 PM
Hope the weather sorts itself out in time for the game. I hate when sports are affected by heavy wind or rain. Although little bit rain usually helps speed our game up.

If the conditions are good, I still think we'll see a good performance from the team. As long as there's no Flamini/Arteta midfield. Vermaelen has been ok when he's played, so hopefully he's not a weakness today.

Mata is becoming the new Dids vs Arsenal. Hope he's benched again.

Team news in 35 minutes. :popcorn:

Penguin
23-12-2013, 06:27 PM
:yippee:

Munchies
23-12-2013, 06:36 PM
COYG

Looking forward to seeing Ozil today, lets see how he does after having a decent rest . He has to step up today.

McNamara That Ghost...
23-12-2013, 06:56 PM
Sky's programme for MNF is on in five minutes.

Master Splinter
23-12-2013, 07:01 PM
So from Wenget and Mourinho's comments, the teams so far are:

Arsenal: Walcott

Chelsea: Mikel

McNamara That Ghost...
23-12-2013, 07:03 PM
Pre-Christmas blockbuster. :haha:

It's not a film FFS.

McNamara That Ghost...
23-12-2013, 07:10 PM
Arsenal: Szczesny, Sagna, Mertesacker, Vermaelen, Gibbs, Ramsey, Arteta, Walcott, Özil, Rosicky, Giroud.
Subs: Podolski, Monreal, Cazorla, Flamini, Fabianski, Bendtner, Jenkinson.

Chelsea: Cech, Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry, Azpilicueta, Mikel, Lampard, Ramires, Willian, Hazard, Torres.
Subs: Cole, Luiz, Mata, Oscar, Schurrle, Schwarzer, Eto'o.

Referee: Mike Dean (Wirral)

Please be good Vermaelen. :pray:

McNamara That Ghost...
23-12-2013, 07:11 PM
Carragher calls Adebayor a disgrace. :lol:

Master Splinter
23-12-2013, 07:12 PM
No Mata!

Mourinho :bow:.

Gooner23
23-12-2013, 07:14 PM
This game is MASSIVE. Win and I'll still think we're in with a shout. Lose and it will feel like just more of the same.

Desperate to win this, its about time we got one over that scummy club.

Penguin
23-12-2013, 07:15 PM
Carragher :bow:

Shaqiri Is Boss
23-12-2013, 07:16 PM
No Mata!

Mourinho :bow:.

What is Mata?

Never mind.

milla
23-12-2013, 07:18 PM
Arsenal: Szczesny, Sagna, Mertesacker, Vermaelen, Gibbs, Arteta, Rosicky, Ramsey, Özil, Walcott, Giroud.
Subs: Fabianski, Monreal, Jenkinson, Flamini, Cazorla, Bendtner, Podolski.

Chelsea: Cech; Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry, Azpilicueta; Mikel, Lampard; Ramires, Willian, Hazard; Torres.

Please be good Vermaelen. :pray:

Exactly what you expect from Mourinho, jammed the midfield and pace out wide. You could bet his tails is up now :coffee:

Globalgunner
23-12-2013, 07:30 PM
Wengers fondness for Arteta beyond all available evidence will be the downfall of us. The guy has zero mobility and agility, not to mention weak in tackle and always liable to give away silly free kicks. Another crap selection.

Master Splinter
23-12-2013, 07:33 PM
Every time we play Flamini, we're far more haphazard and have no control over the centre of the pitch.

McNamara That Ghost...
23-12-2013, 07:34 PM
Wengers fondness for Arteta beyond all available evidence will be the downfall of us. The guy has zero mobility and agility, not to mention weak in tackle and always liable to give away silly free kicks. Another crap selection.

We went with Flamini against Citeh and conceded six with huge gaps in midfield. Either option has its flaws tbf.

GP
23-12-2013, 07:35 PM
Exactly right. Arteta is far more disciplined and offers better protection to the back four.

McNamara That Ghost...
23-12-2013, 07:36 PM
Arsenal fan getting his photo taken with Mourinho. An absolute disgrace.

The Emirates Gallactico
23-12-2013, 07:36 PM
Spot on. Personally I think Arteta is better against the big teams where keeping discipline and focus is essential. He was mighty against Liverpool .

The Emirates Gallactico
23-12-2013, 07:37 PM
Arsenal fan getting his photo taken with Mourinho. An absolute disgrace.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHnDM4rFr1M

Munchies
23-12-2013, 07:38 PM
Lol first thought aswell

Marc Overmars
23-12-2013, 07:43 PM
Come on you Gunners! :scarf:

Bergkampwonderland10
23-12-2013, 07:45 PM
Anyone give me a stream for a friend?

Rors
23-12-2013, 07:45 PM
Don't even think about nawsing this one up....

McNamara That Ghost...
23-12-2013, 07:51 PM
Come on Arsenal. :bow:

Power n Glory
23-12-2013, 07:52 PM
Every time we play Flamini, we're far more haphazard and have no control over the centre of the pitch.

We'll see tonight because as Gary and Jamie are pointing out our weakness on the left side of the field and the getting overrun in the middle. Not sure if Rosicky will actually hug the touchline to defend. I expect him to drop deep and more central where he'll hustle for the ball. Flamini us usally good at covering the fullbacks when getting overloaded so we'll see if things are more steady with Arteta. I don't see Chelsea passing us off the park but it's the fast breaks that will worry.

milla
23-12-2013, 07:54 PM
Anyone give me a stream for a friend?

http://www.wiziwig.tv/broadcast.php?matchid=232232&part=sports

McNamara That Ghost...
23-12-2013, 07:56 PM
Nearly time. :sick:

Our mascot on his own. :lol:

GP
23-12-2013, 07:59 PM
bit of poo came out.

fakeyank
23-12-2013, 08:01 PM
Come on you gooners!!

McNamara That Ghost...
23-12-2013, 08:02 PM
Keepball for Merts and Vermaelen. :lol:

Master Splinter
23-12-2013, 08:02 PM
No stupid mistakes please. We always have to make at least one against United or Chelsea.

McNamara That Ghost...
23-12-2013, 08:03 PM
Er what the hell Gibbs?

The Emirates Gallactico
23-12-2013, 08:03 PM
FFS Gibbs

McNamara That Ghost...
23-12-2013, 08:05 PM
BFG with the tekkers. :cloud9:

McNamara That Ghost...
23-12-2013, 08:06 PM
Honest Frank. :haha:

fakeyank
23-12-2013, 08:07 PM
What the fuck is up with the players since the City game? We cant string 3 passes together!

McNamara That Ghost...
23-12-2013, 08:08 PM
Awful from Ramires. Although then from us too.

Merts. :bow:

Özim
23-12-2013, 08:09 PM
The old misplaced passes by us again in a big game :rolleyes:

McNamara That Ghost...
23-12-2013, 08:10 PM
Way too much on that corner from Theo.

The Emirates Gallactico
What the fuck is up with the players since the City game? We cant string 3 passes together!

Conditions are fucking awful mate. You don't really get that from the TV.

Newguy
Not feeling arteta's ball distribution thus far

Özim
Sh*t corner.

McNamara That Ghost...
23-12-2013, 08:11 PM
Ramsey dryhumping Hazard.

McNamara That Ghost...
23-12-2013, 08:12 PM
No yellow for Azpilicueta? :rolleyes:

Munchies
23-12-2013, 08:13 PM
Book him ffs, cunt ref

Xhaka Can’t
Conditions are fucking awful mate. You don't really get that from the TV.

Really?

You want to see FY's TV before coming out with stuff like that.

Özim
We've looked sh*t so far, very little creativity don't seem particularly up for it either.

McNamara That Ghost...
And Honest Frank.

Fuck off Mourinho.

McNamara That Ghost...
23-12-2013, 08:14 PM
Come on Ramsey FFS.

Munchies
23-12-2013, 08:15 PM
Overhit pass by Ramsey again

JonasTC
23-12-2013, 08:16 PM
Ramsey starts out with like 50% passing.... come on ffs

Munchies
23-12-2013, 08:16 PM
ffs another pedestrian pass !!

McNamara That Ghost...
23-12-2013, 08:17 PM
Theo nearly in.

The Emirates Gallactico
23-12-2013, 08:18 PM
Really?

You want to see FY's TV before coming out with stuff like that.

:unsure: I forgot about Fakeyank's 50 inch clear LCD TV.

McNamara That Ghost...
23-12-2013, 08:19 PM
Torres. :haha:

Rors
23-12-2013, 08:20 PM
There's a phrase to sum up Chelsea's tactics here. What is it again?Ah.....it'll come to me...

"Park the bus"! That's the one. Who was it who brought that one into common parlance.......?

McNamara That Ghost...
Bus well and truly parked.

Munchies
Gibbs :doh:

McNamara That Ghost...
23-12-2013, 08:21 PM
Well done Ramsey. Nobody else really aware of where that ball was going.

Munchies
23-12-2013, 08:21 PM
Corner to them, defend please

McNamara That Ghost...
23-12-2013, 08:23 PM
Well done Vermaelen.

Newguy
Had high hopes for Gibbs but I just don't rate him, he is still young, but if we're to challenging for the title we need better

McNamara That Ghost...
Honest Frank is a clumsy oaf. Book him.

Rors
This match sucks. And it ain't your fault.....

Penguin
23-12-2013, 08:24 PM
:yawn:

McNamara That Ghost...
Wasted freekick really.

Munchies
Goal... kick :shrug:

The Emirates Gallactico
23-12-2013, 08:25 PM
Had high hopes for Gibbs but I just don't rate him, he is still young, but if we're to challenging for the title we need better

Weren't you saying the same thing about Ramsey last season? :unsure:

McNamara That Ghost...
Great cross from Sagna. Corner.

Munchies
Decent from Sagna

Penguin
Lovely cross from Sagna

McNamara That Ghost...
23-12-2013, 08:27 PM
BFG. :bow:

McNamara That Ghost...
Ramires header, not really troubling.

Munchies
Ramsey's passing has been woeful so far

McNamara That Ghost...
23-12-2013, 08:28 PM
This match sucks. And it ain't your fault.....

It never is. :scarf:

Power n Glory
23-12-2013, 08:28 PM
Ramsey is off the boil.

Rors
23-12-2013, 08:29 PM
It never is. :scarf:

"And it ain't true/nope"

McNamara That Ghost...
23-12-2013, 08:31 PM
Ramsey. :(

The Emirates Gallactico
23-12-2013, 08:32 PM
Passing game was always going to be shit tonight.

Globalgunner
We are simply bringing ourselves down to Chelsea 's level, and they stink

McNamara That Ghost...
Theo doing the Ramsey.

Penguin
Theo :lol:

McNamara That Ghost...
23-12-2013, 08:33 PM
Honest Frank hits the bar!

Rors
A shot!!? What fuckery is this?!!

Özim
Lampard hits the bar....

Munchies
23-12-2013, 08:34 PM
:unsure:

McNamara That Ghost...
23-12-2013, 08:34 PM
Torres shoots, Ches saves.

Özim
23-12-2013, 08:35 PM
We're just too lightweight as a team, there's nothing about us when we come up against the big boys.

JonasTC
We're playing as bad as we did vs City in the first half right now... Luckily Chelsea dont punish us the same way

McNamara That Ghost...
Great block on BFG to deny Torres.

Penguin
Merts :bow:

Ralpheroo72
They are up for it now, hunting in packs, fuck

McNamara That Ghost...
Chelsea being cynical scrotes, still no yellow.

Özim
23-12-2013, 08:36 PM

We've allowed it, no urgency, no threat and no real hunger from us. It's the same pattern repeating itself everytime, why do we never learn FFS?

Power n Glory
Ramsey is pushing forward too far and he's leaving massive gaps. Arteta is having to track two of their men.

McNamara That Ghost...
No pelanty?

fakeyank
23-12-2013, 08:37 PM
That should be a pel!!!!

Özim

It shows they want to win.

McNamara That Ghost...
And Mikel with a shocker on Arteta. :rolleyes:

Ralpheroo72
Where's mikels card?

fakeyank
Red card and a pel!

Özim
23-12-2013, 08:38 PM
Finally an attack with pace!

Penguin
Ramsey is pushing forward too far and he's leaving massive gaps. Arteta is having to track two of their men.

:gp:

Niall_Quinn
That's two reds and a yellow just waved away by the 100% biased ref.

JonasTC
Oh no.... Its one of those refs again.

The Emirates Gallactico
FFS Mike Dean has always and will always be a massive dick

McNamara That Ghost...
Rancid pass from Vermaelen. :(

GP
23-12-2013, 08:39 PM
Fuck this. Cheated.

Özim
Smith says case of the player feeling the contact and going down and not going down because of it.

The Emirates Gallactico
FFS Verms

Özim
That's two reds and a yellow just waved away by the 100% biased ref.

No.

McNamara That Ghost...
Vermaelen with a rush of blood charging upfield.

fakeyank
Cannot pass for shits

The Emirates Gallactico
23-12-2013, 08:40 PM
No.

Yes.

Özim
Yes.

Only if you're biased.

Globalgunner
Where's mikels card?

Mike Dean left it at home. AND IT'S A BLOODY XMAS CARD

JonasTC
Seriously... Why are these clear penalties never given to us? There is no way nobody couldnt see Willian take away Walcotts leg, would've been a freekick no doubt if it had been outside the box.

Niall_Quinn
No.

Lampard, Mikel, reds. Then the obvious yellow for that bloke with the funny name. That's the rules.

Power n Glory
We need vermaelen out of this team. Why is he bombing forwards?

McNamara That Ghost...
23-12-2013, 08:41 PM
Rosicky takes out Azpilicueta.

Dean. :lol:

Penguin
http://puu.sh/5Wnq8.png

Özim
Seriously... Why are these clear penalties never given to us? There is no way nobody couldnt see Willian take away Walcotts leg, would've been a freekick no doubt if it had been outside the box.

Even Alan Smith (a gunner) saying it wasn't, certainly wasn't clear.

The Emirates Gallactico
Cannot pass for shits

Even Tika Taka Barca with Xavi, Ineista, Messi etc etc wouldn't be able to pass well in this weather.

Ralpheroo72
Yes.

No means yes

Penguin
Rosicky takes out Azpilicueta.

Dean. :lol:

Rosicky :bow:

Master Splinter
23-12-2013, 08:42 PM
Robbie Savage, BBC Radio 5 live

"I think that is a penalty. Willian plays the man.

"And I think Mikel should have a red card. How Mike Dean has missed that I will never know. A straight-legged challenge into the shin of Arteta, disgraceful challenge."

Even Savage can see when something is blatantly obvious.

Özim
Lampard, Mikel, reds. Then the obvious yellow for that bloke with the funny name. That's the rules.

In this weather, really? Mikel maybe but if you give reds for challenges like this in this weather everyone will be off.

Power n Glory
Teams not pressing hard enough. Rosicky shouting at the rest calling for urgency.

fakeyank
Even Tika Taka Barca with Xavi, Ineista, Messi etc etc wouldn't be able to pass well in this weather.

Chelsea are not doing too bad mate.. so I dont understand why the supposed best passing team in England cant string simple passes together!

Özim
23-12-2013, 08:43 PM
Even Savage can see when something is blatantly obvious.

It's funny coz you ridicool him evry weak.

LOLZ just LOLZ at MS.

Niall_Quinn
23-12-2013, 08:44 PM
In this weather, really? Mikel maybe but if you give reds for challenges like this in this weather everyone will be off.

The weather affects whether you go in studs up? How so? Two reds mate, like I said, the rules. There is no rules saying you can go studs up if its raining.

McNamara That Ghost...
23-12-2013, 08:45 PM
Willians shoots, right at Ches.

That was so poor from Ramsey.

Penguin
23-12-2013, 08:45 PM
Fucking hell Ramsey..