PDA

View Full Version : Honest Frank the Muppet and other Chavs sh!t

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Cripps_orig
06-06-2011, 01:22 PM
Chelsea look to be moving closer to naming Turkey coach Guus Hiddink as their new manager.
Sky Bet have slashed the odds on Hiddink (http://topics.skysports.com/Guus+Hiddink/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif being named as the new man at the helm at Stamford Bridge from 9/4 to 1/8.
The Turkish FA (TFF) have insisted there will be no developments whilst the Dutchman is on holiday but privately admit they are powerless to stop the 64-year-old returning to Stamford Bridge.
Hiddink piloted Chelsea (http://topics.skysports.com/chelsea/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif to the FA Cup as caretaker manager in 2009 and is widely believed to be the Blues' No. 1 candidate to replace sacked boss Carlo Ancelotti. (http://topics.skysports.com/Carlo+Ancelotti/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif

A TFF source told the BBC: (http://topics.skysports.com/bbc/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif "Hiddink says he has a contract but these promises don't have value. Chelsea is too good an offer to turn down and the Federation understands this.
"Hiddink feels he still has a job to do there, he wants to work every day, and win Championships and maybe the Champions League.
"We will understand that he has coached his last Turkey game as long as Chelsea pay the compensation."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11668_6968116,00.html

Looks like its happening.

Would have loved him here

Looks like its not happening.

Olivier's xmas twist
06-06-2011, 01:23 PM
Nah they will end up with huges you wait and see

Cripps_orig
06-06-2011, 01:25 PM
Nah they will end up with huges you wait and see
Il change the thread title if so.

Its possible that both of them might come in with Hiddink as director of football and Hughes as the manager.

Although Hughes teams play shit football and the Russian wants a manager who can get his team to play decent stuff

dazthegooner
06-06-2011, 01:27 PM
Il change the thread title if so.

Its possible that both of them might come in with Hiddink as director of football and Hughes as the manager.

Although Hughes teams play shit football and the Russian wants a manager who can get his team to play decent stuff

Read somewhere that Hughes has said he wouldn't work under Hiddink

Cripps_orig
20-06-2011, 11:15 AM
SSN breaking news

Portugese news agency claims Andre Villas Boas will become the new Chelsea manager

Marc Overmars
20-06-2011, 11:38 AM
Some similarities with Mourinho here.

Whether he can succeed though is another matter.

Cripps_orig
20-06-2011, 11:39 AM
PORTO coach Andre Villas-Boas is the red-hot favourite to become new Chelsea boss after several leading bookmakers suspended betting on the man referred to as mini-Mourinho.

Porto's in-demand coach was one of Jose Mourinho's backroom staff at Stamford Bridge and has had considerable success as a manager in his own right, leading his Portuguese club to a league and Europa League double last season.
Suggestions are that Villas-Boas will take over as Chelsea coach with previous 'favourite' for the job Guus Hiddink securing a director of football role.
But if Villas-Boas is to leave Portugal, he will not come cheap. Over the weekend Porto president Pinto da Costa had fought off interest in his man from Italian giants Inter, slapping a £13million price tag on the manager's head.
Da Costa said: "Villas-Boas has a contract and a release clause of 15million euros.
"If someone deposits that in our account and he wants to go, we can do nothing because it is something that is contractually specified.
"If it does not happen then he will not be going anywhere and we will not do anything to make any negotiations easy.
"Nothing happens unless someone pays the money and he wants to go."

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3648113/Andre-Villas-Boas-has-become-the-bookies-favourite-for-the-Chelsea-job.html#ixzz1PocUKYqn (http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3648113/Andre-Villas-Boas-has-become-the-bookies-favourite-for-the-Chelsea-job.html#ixzz1PocUKYqn)

£15m if they want him

Master Splinter
20-06-2011, 12:57 PM
Originally Posted by Master Splinter on Ye Olde Goonersweb

Villas-Boas to replace Ancelotti any day now.

:gp:

Timing was a bit off though.

Flavs
20-06-2011, 01:17 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13841169.stm

its happening

McNamara That Ghost...
20-06-2011, 01:26 PM
Villas-Boas to Chelsea? This makes me sad.

Master Splinter
20-06-2011, 01:30 PM
Well I told you it was happening on the old GW.

You've had time to take it in.

Me >>> Sky Sources.

McNamara That Ghost...
20-06-2011, 05:25 PM
You've said a lot of things tbf.

Master Splinter
20-06-2011, 05:51 PM
You've said a lot of things tbf.
25% success rate tbf.

Which makes me more reliable than every newspaper, website, tv station and twitter person ever tbh.

Falcao is next......

Rors
20-06-2011, 06:01 PM
25% success rate tbf.

Which makes me more reliable than every newspaper, website, tv station and twitter person ever tbh.

Falcao is next......

I said this at work today, so I'm claiming some of the credit should it happen. If not, I can just invoke the old 'off the record' line :scarf:

McNamara That Ghost...
20-06-2011, 06:09 PM
25% success rate tbf.

Falcao is next......

Already read that this morning on Redcafe actually, can't give you credit for that I am afraid. Well and Rors too, apparently.

Rors
20-06-2011, 06:37 PM
Already read that this morning on Redcafe actually, can't give you credit for that I am afraid. Well and Rors too, apparently.

As long as it wasn't Raaes making that claim, I'll let them have it.

Marc Overmars
20-06-2011, 06:40 PM
It would be pretty shit if Falcao followed Villas-Boas.

McNamara That Ghost...
20-06-2011, 07:06 PM
As long as it wasn't Raaes making that claim, I'll let them have it.

Raaes. :lol: I think we could discount it if he did.

Master Splinter
20-06-2011, 08:29 PM

I meant Falcao will be joining Arsenal next, as I had also predicted several times on the old GW.

Sadly for you, Rossi won't be joining, however.

GP
20-06-2011, 08:46 PM
Some similarities with Mourinho here.

Whether he can succeed though is another matter.

He's the man behind all Mourinho's success. The real brains of the operation.

Olivier's xmas twist
20-06-2011, 10:57 PM

Why, I'd be more sad if they got hiddink he'd be more useful to them then this guy.

McNamara That Ghost...
21-06-2011, 08:03 AM
I doubt it. Hiddink won't stick around for too long, it's not his style. Villas-Boas however is 33 and has already won a treble with Porto going unbeaten in their league season. :lol:

He also made Hulk somehow awesome.

Toronto Gooner
21-06-2011, 11:26 AM
I would rather the Villas-Boas did not join Chelsea, as he would make a great Arsenal manager to replace Wenger in a couple of years, IMO.

Toronto Gooner
21-06-2011, 11:34 AM
Bollocks, the BBC is reporting that Villas-Boas has resigned from Porto.

Cripps_orig
21-06-2011, 12:57 PM
We should get him now asap before Chelsea get him

Master Splinter
21-06-2011, 01:23 PM
Where's the challenge of going to a Citeh, Chelsea or Real Madrid for a young manager? You're getting unlimited transfer funds and competing in an unfair environment. You are a plaything for rich egotists. What would you have really acheived if you do win everything? It's all so hollow. It's football today. What a fucking shame.

Makes me appreciate Wenger as a dignified and principled man, despite the faults he may have.

Toronto Gooner
21-06-2011, 01:40 PM
Where's the challenge of going to a Citeh, Chelsea or Real Madrid for a young manager? You're getting unlimited transfer funds and competing in an unfair environment. You are a plaything for rich egotists. What would you have really acheived if you do win everything? It's all so hollow. It's football today. What a fucking shame.

Makes me appreciate Wenger as a dignified and principled man, despite the faults he may have.
Money regularly overcomes challenges and principle.

Marc Overmars
21-06-2011, 01:43 PM
Waste of time for any manager at Chelsea.

If you don't win the league or CL you are out the door almost without fail.

dazthegooner
21-06-2011, 06:47 PM
Skysports understaands that Chelski have paid Porto £13.4m lol

Cripps_orig
21-06-2011, 06:49 PM
Wtf?

I changed the title to Andre Aston Villa whatever his name is.

And it did change so why has it changed back?

Marc Overmars
21-06-2011, 07:10 PM
Falcao unsurprisingly being linked with Chelsea now.

Master Splinter
21-06-2011, 07:12 PM
Falcao unsurprisingly being linked with Chelsea now.
Will be joining us on July 1st tbh.

July 1st :bow:.

Maestro
21-06-2011, 07:18 PM
Gutted, thought AVB was the one coach who was tailor made for us in the long term

dazthegooner
21-06-2011, 07:45 PM
Gutted, thought AVB was the one coach who was tailor made for us in the long term

Well that could well be the case still he'll be out of work in around 18 months :)

Xhaka Can’t
21-06-2011, 08:55 PM
Wtf?

I changed the title to Andre Aston Villa whatever his name is.

And it did change so why has it changed back?

It only changed the title of the first post, not the thread.

Have sorted it now.

Olivier's xmas twist
21-06-2011, 09:48 PM
I doubt it. Hiddink won't stick around for too long, it's not his style. Villas-Boas however is 33 and has already won a treble with Porto going unbeaten in their league season. :lol:

He also made Hulk somehow awesome.

well its not hard to be unbeatern is Portugal really is it or win the treble there, this will be a tougher test for this young lad, who is younger then most of his sqaud.

be interesting to see how it works out.

McNamara That Ghost...
21-06-2011, 10:16 PM
Er he won the Europa League and it's hard to go a season unbeaten there by virtue of the fact no team had done it for a long time. Porto the season before, weren't all that. He clearly knows what he is doing and he's still older than most, not by much but older than them still. I think the fact he did win three trophies last season would probably mean he commands a bit of respect, plus they'll know him and vica-versa from when he was there with Mourinho.

Marc Overmars
21-06-2011, 10:21 PM
As long as Abramovich doesn't stick his nose in (unlikely I know) then I think this guy will do well, even more so if he starts to shift the focus away from the old guard and put his own stamp on the team.

Cripps_orig
21-06-2011, 11:10 PM
Apparently he'll be given £80m to spend and he wants Moutinho, Falcao and Neymar.

Financial fair play :rose:

Japan Shaking All Over
22-06-2011, 07:09 AM

you may get your wish but AW would have to be six foot under before it happens.......Arsenal is like the concerige of most top hotels, they die in their boots because the hell are they giving their book of numbers/commisions to anyone

McNamara That Ghost...
22-06-2011, 09:54 AM
He has now been appointed. The BBC Sport website explain it clearly for us:

Former Porto manager Andre Villas-Boas, 33, is confirmed as Chelsea's new manager boss.

Master Splinter
22-06-2011, 10:00 AM
He has now been appointed. The BBC Sport website explain it clearly for us:
:lol:

Stevo fail again?

Olivier's xmas twist
22-06-2011, 10:47 AM
Er he won the Europa League and it's hard to go a season unbeaten there by virtue of the fact no team had done it for a long time. Porto the season before, weren't all that. He clearly knows what he is doing and he's still older than most, not by much but older than them still. I think the fact he did win three trophies last season would probably mean he commands a bit of respect, plus they'll know him and vica-versa from when he was there with Mourinho.

Thatts or good and well buts, its not like it takes a genius to win the Europa league either, so amny poor teams in it, porto should be winning that anyway. Now im't not taking away all this guys talents, but you go on like he is going to go to that chavs win the quadrouple(sp). This guy will find it harder then he did in porto.

IBK
22-06-2011, 11:02 AM
What I find difficult to understand is that you would normally sign a young manager like this for the long term - yet we know there is no margin for error at the Chavs. So this must be a risk - he could be a genius and do a Mourinho, or he could be a near genius and do an Ancelotti - but that wouldn't be good enough.

Mind you, if he was coming to us I would be full of excitement!

Olivier's xmas twist
22-06-2011, 11:07 AM
What I find difficult to understand is that you would normally sign a young manager like this for the long term - yet we know there is no margin for error at the Chavs. So this must be a risk - he could be a genius and do a Mourinho, or he could be a near genius and do an Ancelotti - but that wouldn't be good enough.

Mind you, if he was coming to us I would be full of excitement!

Well you have to remember if he don't win shit this season he would be off, so why give him a long contract, when your going to potentially sack the man.

Can see them bringing hiddink in as director of footie ot oversee AVB

Cripps_orig
22-06-2011, 11:24 AM
Hiddink has said he isn't going anywhere. I'm hoping cos of AVBs age, player power comes in to play and he quits and comes to us

Olivier's xmas twist
22-06-2011, 11:33 AM
Hiddink has said he isn't going anywhere. I'm hoping cos of AVBs age, player power comes in to play and he quits and comes to us

Same, he might be the manager but we know its RA calling the shots. cam see the lad getting fed up soon/

IBK
22-06-2011, 01:08 PM
Well you have to remember if he don't win shit this season he would be off, so why give him a long contract, when your going to potentially sack the man.

Can see them bringing hiddink in as director of footie ot oversee AVB

Perhaps - I think the Chavs offer pretty standard contracts to managers. they just break them, is all.

Marc Overmars
23-06-2011, 08:07 AM
Falcao to Chelsea is on apparently. :(

Boss
23-06-2011, 08:36 AM

Fuck sake.

Olivier's xmas twist
23-06-2011, 12:06 PM

So, the lad did not want to come to us so fuck him.

Kaiser
23-06-2011, 12:24 PM
Don't see the point of that. Not sure how he'd fit in with Torres, who I'm sure they're gonna try to make the focal point of the team.

Master Splinter
11-07-2011, 06:14 PM
Chelsea have confirmed that Michael Essien could require up to six months of rehabilitation after undergoing knee surgery.

The injury-plagued Ghanaian ruptured anterior cruciate ligaments and meniscus in his right knee in pre-season training last week.

The black Scott Parker, who has suffered cruciate and medial ligament injuries previously in his career, has since had an operation and may not return until January 2012.

A short statement on Chelsea's official website read: "Following injury to his right knee in training last week Michael Essien had surgery today to repair a ruptured anterior cruciate ligament and meniscus.

"Everyone at Chelsea wishes Michael well for his recovery. His team-mates and all the staff and I look forward to helping him return to playing as soon as possible."

"The surgery was successful and Michael's full recovery could take up to six months."

The 28-year-old was unavailable for a large chunk of the 2008/09 season due to cruciate knee ligament damage.

The New Diaby then suffered a medial ligament injury at the African Nations Cup last year and missed the 2010 World Cup as a consequence.

Chelsea only retuned to pre-season training last week and new boss Andre Villas-Boas hopes that the midfielder will make a swift recovery.

Villas-Boas said: "Everyone at Chelsea wishes Michael well for his recovery. His team-mates and all the staff and I look forward to helping him return to playing as soon as possible."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,11668_7032680,00.html

Ramires and Mikel are better than him now. But they'll probably raid Porto for a replacement anyway.

Cripps_orig
11-07-2011, 06:21 PM
Ghanian Robbie Savage :lol:

Master Splinter
11-07-2011, 06:29 PM
Ghanian Robbie Savage :lol:

Was it you who did that with everyone?

Like Mascherano being the Argentinian Savage, etc.?

But Savage is the Welsh Michael Essien tbh.

McNamara That Ghost...
11-07-2011, 06:31 PM
http://www.petfoodstore.co.uk/acatalog/peperami-salami-saucer-dog-toy.jpg

Cripps_orig
29-07-2011, 05:02 PM
MARCEL DESAILLY fears Andre Villas-Boas faces a dressing-room revolt if Chelsea fail to get off to a flying start.

The Blues legend is warning that the club's new 33-year-old manager will lose his superstar players' support the moment he makes a mistake.

Desailly also claims:

Chelsea's big guns are not doing enough to help Fernando Torres Frank Lampard is not a team player.

Luka Modric is not good enough to play for Chelsea.

Nobody understands the Stamford Bridge set-up better than Desailly, who spent six years there and was the first captain of the Roman Abramovich era.

He declared: "A squad like this, full of really established players, could be a problem for a young coach who has had only one season with Porto.

WARNING ... Marcel Desailly

"If I was there, a World Cup winner with France, I would be expecting the coach to show how clear his vision is in training, in his substitutions and his tactics.

"If he makes any mistakes, you will see that the Chelsea players will not follow him.

"They will be thinking the guy supposed to be managing them is not on their level.

"So Villas-Boas has to be very clever how he manages this team. That is the challenge for him. His age is a big consideration for the players.

"It's vital Chelsea get off to a good start to the season. If they don't perform, like Liverpool last year, the players and their consideration will change.

"Chelsea will face problems if the players have less confidence in Villas-Boas and don't follow his vision. I've seen the manager in his Press conferences and I could feel he is already getting annoyed. But he is the guy with the vision and the ambition. He should be talking his players up. Jose Mourinho got into a lot of fights to get attention but still got the respect of his players.

"He made it them against the rest of the world.

"But the players don't follow that. They follow the training sessions. And training sessions are where Mourinho is the best.

<a href="http://www.coveritlive.com/mobile.php/option=com_mobile/task=viewaltcast/altcast_code=3a1ef8301b" >Football Confidential Live - Friday July 29</a>

"This is the challenge for the new manager. It's a training consideration issue for me and for him - plus his young age."

Desailly witnessed how Claudio Ranieri was brought down by player power shortly before leaving Chelsea in 2004.

Now he reckons Villas-Boas is facing a multitude of difficulties in his new job - starting with Fernando Torres.

The £50m striker has become a shadow of his former self since his record-breaking move from Liverpool in January.

Desailly added: "Torres is a huge challenge for the manager. His problems are a combination of the physical and the mental.

"The problem for Torres at Chelsea is the same as that faced by Andriy Shevchenko. The team don't help him much and don't give him the ball soon enough.

"Frank Lampard is a great player and a friend of mine. But he does not give you the ball straight away.

"He keeps it and then gives it to someone else to pass it back so he can score. He's not somebody who gets the team to play. Torres needs the ball early, which is why it's not working for him.

"I think Chelsea need a playmaker and I see they are talking about signing Luka Modric.

"But Modric is too lightweight for Chelsea and the number of games they play. He's good but not great. Now Wesley Sneijder, there's a great player. He's the sort Chelsea should look to sign.

"Chelsea have to be looking to be on the same level as Barcelona, Manchester United or AC Milan, not Tottenham."

Desailly also claims Roman Abramovich is the only owner in world football who would have sacked Carlo Ancelotti just a year after landing the Premier League and FA Cup.

He said: "Ancelotti did well but Chelsea wanted someone with the capacity to get more out of the players. That is why Abramovich made the change.

"For me, Abramovich is being clever. He had an amazing coach in Ancelotti but the Italian didn't have that pragmatic attitude and speed to adapt.

"If Chelsea had any other owner, Ancelotti would have stayed. But Abramovich has so much passion and wants someone who can make fast changes."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3720578/Marcel-Desailly-warns-Andre-Villas-Boas-One-mistake-and-you-are-in-trouble.html

Lampard :lol:

Darth Vela
29-07-2011, 07:48 PM
Desailly talks sense when it's written down.

Both Chelsea and United need a playmaker and we've got too many, that's kinda funny.

Marc Overmars
29-07-2011, 07:50 PM
And we need a cunt like Rooney or Drogba in ours.

Master Splinter
29-07-2011, 08:10 PM

We've got Cesc.

:Ach:

Darth Vela
29-07-2011, 10:50 PM

That's less funny but no less accurate.

Olivier's xmas twist
30-07-2011, 01:01 PM
Palermo president Maurizio Zamparini claims sought-after midfielder Javier Pastore has joined Paris St Germain, ending Chelsea's pursuit of the Argentinian.
Zamparini has revealed that a €43million (£37.5m) deal was struck late on Friday for the 22-year-old to join the Parc des Princes club.
Chelsea (http://topics.skysports.com/chelsea/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif were thought to be chasing the talented youngster's signature but it appears they have been beaten to the punch by the Ligue 1 outfit.
The swoop is yet to be officially confirmed by the two sides, while Palermo (http://topics.skysports.com/palermo/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif sources had earlier said that the Argentina (http://topics.skysports.com/argentina/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif international's agent was still negotiating with the Blues (http://topics.skysports.com/blues/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif over a move.
But Zamparini told Radio Radio on Saturday:"[We] closed the deal last night (Friday) around midnight.
"Basically it's the official transfer of Pastore to Paris St Germain (http://topics.skysports.com/Paris+St+Germain/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif based on a €43m fee."
Pastore has been regarded as one of European football's hottest properties since netting 11 goals from midfield in 35 Serie A matches last season.
It is thought the youngster will put pen to paper on a five-year deal at the Ligue 1 side

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12874_7070549,00.html

Why anyone would choose PSG over chelsea is a joke lol PSG them Man city for france

Master Splinter
30-07-2011, 01:12 PM
Chelsea are only where they are because of money.

Now the likes of City and PSG are out-spending and out-waging them.

What difference does it make which club a money-motivated footballer joins?

Olivier's xmas twist
30-07-2011, 01:16 PM
Chelsea are only where they are because of money.

Now the likes of City and PSG are out-spending and out-waging them.

What difference does it make which club a money-motivated footballer joins?

Very true and on thst note
Chavs :pal:

McNamara That Ghost...
18-08-2011, 12:11 PM
Cech is out for three to four weeks with a knee injury.

Hilario time?

Cripps_orig
18-08-2011, 12:15 PM
Arent they after some Belgian keeper?

They'll probably push that through asap now

If only we could do that.

On a more serious note, Mikels dad has been abducted and there has been a ransom demand.

Hope all goes well

Olivier's xmas twist
18-08-2011, 12:21 PM
Arent they after some Belgian keeper?

They'll probably push that through asap nowIf only we could do that.

On a more serious note, Mikels dad has been abducted and there has been a ransom demand.

Hope all goes well

He's on loan to Athletico

Boss
18-08-2011, 01:23 PM
Mikel's dad or the Belgian keeper?

Olivier's xmas twist
18-08-2011, 01:59 PM
http://img.skysports.com/11/08/660x350/Romelu-Lukaku-St-Pancras_2633202.jpg

Chelsea sign Droba's son

Romelu Lukaku has finally completed his move to Chelsea from Anderlecht.
The 18-year-old has arrived for an undisclosed fee believed to be around £20million, and has been handed the number 18 jersey.
The Belgium international, a Chelsea (http://topics.skysports.com/chelsea/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif fan, is delighted to have made the move to Stamford Bridge.
"It's a dream come true," he told the club's official website.
"I dreamed to play here since I was 10 years old, thinking about shaking hands with all those players like John Terry (http://topics.skysports.com/John+Terry/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif and Frank Lampard (http://get.lingospot.com/link/?@li2=11406&is_lhid=0&key=IZHOSPQW&ps_id=Qpilx6p9HZ&q=QQ:lqOTqjptCQI_@Z:P_{{ORJJOAHZOGGAUVOqptJ:pnCHOq mj_J:pnCSO4aJm8CIHHRA:GAHUKVV&section_key=RDXAYSZZ&site_id=skysports.com&url=http%3A%2F%2Ftopics.skysports.com%2FFrank%2BLa mpard%2F%3Fsection%3Dfootball&url_key=_TaCHO0CAZ{{{@[UGK&v=1&~boot=1313675704788)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif and Didier Drogba, (http://topics.skysports.com/Didier+Drogba/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif it's amazing to arrive here in a big club with big ambition. It was just what I was searching for."
Lukaku has been labelled the 'New' Drogba, and he is looking forward to learning from the Ivory Coast (http://topics.skysports.com/Ivory+Coast/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif international.
"We have similar playing styles, but I am also very fast. I want to learn off him how it is to play here at the Bridge and how to prepare for games," he continued.
"I can also learn off the other strikers and experienced players in the squad. I think if you are clever on and off the pitch you will get accepted and that's what I want."
Lukaku insists he knows he has to work hard to get a chance in the first-team.
"First of all I just want to learn and train as much as possible to improve myself and show the coach that when he needs me I am ready," he said.
"Then I hope to make minutes for the team and be helpful for the team, because the team is the most important thing. If you think positively about the team it will be positive for you."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12875_7109481,00.html

Master Splinter
18-08-2011, 06:09 PM
I wish we had Turnbull and and Hilario :(.

Wenger :doh:.

Olivier's xmas twist
21-08-2011, 07:06 PM
Chelsea agree deal to sign Mata.

Munchies
21-08-2011, 07:59 PM
Damn we could of signed Mata like 2-3 weeks ago if only we had bloody bidded for him . He also had a clause of around £22 million, but I guess the board/Wenger didn't really want to cough up the extra £~5 million and wanted him for under 18 .

I mean the amount of YouTube videos of 'Mata - Welcome to Arsenal' , just shows how many of us fans are naive to believe that under the current board/manager, a deal such as this would ever happen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6I7VPgVshJg
Title needs to be changed on this and the other 8 or so I've found.

Great signing for Chelsea however.:(

Marc Overmars
21-08-2011, 08:20 PM
This self imposed ceiling on transfer fees has killed us.

Boss
22-08-2011, 06:49 AM
Everything about this summer has been shockingly bad. :(

Grebbo
22-08-2011, 12:21 PM
Let's just hope Mata turns out to be the next Reyes.

:pray:

Joker
22-08-2011, 01:05 PM
Everything about this summer has been shockingly bad. :(

It's not Wenger's fault, there was no super quality players available on the market :*******: :epicfail:

Cripps_orig
22-08-2011, 06:39 PM
Mikels father been found alive

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14623543.stm

Coney
22-08-2011, 09:47 PM
Mikels father been found alive

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14623543.stm

Good news.

Grebbo
23-08-2011, 10:15 AM
He ugly.

Cripps_orig
02-09-2011, 04:55 PM
Lukaku isnt in the CL squad :lol:

KESSLER
10-09-2011, 03:06 PM
AVB
http://dailyfootballnews.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/juan-mata-chelsea-shirt.jpg

Juan Mata
http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/match-centre/article737322.ece/ALTERNATES/gallery-large/FC-Porto-Andre-Villas-Boas+cropped

GP
23-09-2011, 11:20 PM
http://i3.imageban.ru/out/2011/09/23/058ae76431680e3b1bee45ce4f06336e.jpg

Cripps_orig
15-11-2011, 02:58 PM
DANIEL STURRIDGE has been the subject of alleged racist abuse from one of his own club's fans. Chelsea are to investigate claims that England striker Sturridge was called a "monkey" by an unnamed supporter during the club's 1-1 Champions League draw at Genk.
It is the same game that supporters taunted QPR defender Anton Ferdinand with chants of "you know what you are".
The club have already launched an inquiry into the Ferdinand chants and have now widened the probe.
The Sturridge claims come after a Chelsea executive club member emailed chief executive Ron Gourlay to complain about a fellow fan sat near him in the exclusive VIP seats at Genk.
According to the complaint, the apparently well-dressed, middle-aged supporter allegedly shouted "they are bringing on the monkeys" when Sturridge came on as a substitute.
In a statement, Chelsea said: "We are investigating several complaints as part of our ongoing investigation into offensive behaviour at the game in Genk.
"We take all complaints of this nature extremely seriously and are working with supporters and police to identify those that took part.
"It can sometimes prove difficult to identify offenders at European away games as there are varying degrees of CCTV and TV footage available to us.
"However, we will continue to vigorously pursue any evidence of individuals or groups taking part in discriminatory behaviour and take the strongest action against them.
"Chelsea FC believes such activity shames the club and the game of football and we are fully committed to eradicating such offensive behaviour from the sport."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3936806/Chelsea-news-Chelsea-to-probe-new-Daniel-Sturridge-racism-claim.html

:doh:

A club rotten to the core

Marc Overmars
15-11-2011, 03:10 PM
Chavs. :haha:

Olivier's xmas twist
15-11-2011, 03:16 PM
Classy those lot

Flavs
15-11-2011, 03:19 PM
See if the FA had any balls they would ban Chelsea from having away fans for the rest of the season, same goes for Celtic, whos fans were singing pro IRA songs, just empty the stadium they will soon move to stop it when the ££££'s stop rolling in

Niall_Quinn
15-11-2011, 04:05 PM
The whole point of competitive sports hosted in front of partisan crowds is to reduce everyone to mindless animals. DUH! Destroy that and sport becomes an exercise in watching other people making money - where's the fun in that? When the Roman emperors and senators sensed the first mutterings from their arse raped citizenry they'd organise a bloodbath in the amphitheatre. We don't go quite that far today, we have prick-tease moments like laser guided patriotism bombs and TV guided liberation of ragheads and sand-niggers (the liberators' words, not mine), but we haven't fully regressed to officially paying entrance fees and watching the carnage as a spectator sport. Yet. Stadium sport is the substitute. You get enough people to sit quietly in their seats and politely clap while they suppress the outrage of their wasted potential and it will end in tears. Horrible things could happen, like people not being so distracted they actually pay attention to politics, economics, monarchy and other such crimes against humanity. I'm fine with somebody calling me a monkey if I get £50K. I mean I wouldn't give up a hobby I love and pays me a fortune just because a guy who has been manufactured to be ignorant wants to call me names. There are worse things, far, far worse things and we should fix those first if we're really bothered about how people treat each other. Which we aren't. Just look around. Whenever stuff like this pops up I ask - where's the angle? I discount the possibility of a humanitarian angle, naturally. That would be ridiculous because it's us, the human species.

LDG
15-11-2011, 04:24 PM
The whole point of competitive sports hosted in front of partisan crowds is to reduce everyone to mindless animals. DUH! Destroy that and sport becomes an exercise in watching other people making money - where's the fun in that? When the Roman emperors and senators sensed the first mutterings from their arse raped citizenry they'd organise a bloodbath in the amphitheatre. We don't go quite that far today, we have prick-tease moments like laser guided patriotism bombs and TV guided liberation of ragheads and sand-niggers (the liberators' words, not mine), but we haven't fully regressed to officially paying entrance fees and watching the carnage as a spectator sport. Yet. Stadium sport is the substitute. You get enough people to sit quietly in their seats and politely clap while they suppress the outrage of their wasted potential and it will end in tears. Horrible things could happen, like people not being so distracted they actually pay attention to politics, economics, monarchy and other such crimes against humanity. I'm fine with somebody calling me a monkey if I get £50K. I mean I wouldn't give up a hobby I love and pays me a fortune just because a guy who has been manufactured to be ignorant wants to call me names. There are worse things, far, far worse things and we should fix those first if we're really bothered about how people treat each other. Which we aren't. Just look around. Whenever stuff like this pops up I ask - where's the angle? I discount the possibility of a humanitarian angle, naturally. That would be ridiculous because it's us, the human species.

Racist.

Niall_Quinn
15-11-2011, 04:52 PM
Racist.

Monkey

LDG
15-11-2011, 05:33 PM
Monkey

Ooooh!

Niall_Quinn
15-11-2011, 05:36 PM
Ooooh!

Plus I'm not giving you the £50K

McNamara That Ghost...
02-12-2011, 09:37 AM
A 7 inch knife was found in the dressing room used by Chelsea's youth team apparently. :blink:

Flavs
02-12-2011, 09:40 AM
A 7 inch knife was found in the dressing room used by Chelsea's youth team apparently. :blink:

Ashley Cole downgraded his Arsenal (not the football team) has he?

McNamara That Ghost...
02-12-2011, 11:52 AM
I'm not sure going from mobile phone to a knife is a downgrade.

Knives and air rifles. Training must be a hoot at Cobham.

Marc Overmars
02-12-2011, 12:26 PM
A club rotten to the core.

Flavs
02-12-2011, 12:29 PM
I'm not sure going from mobile phone to a knife is a downgrade.

I meant from a gun to a knife, next to a cudgel, then a blackjack and finally a paper brick

Flavs
02-12-2011, 12:29 PM

Don't forget the racism*

*allegedly

Cripps_orig
10-12-2011, 01:00 PM
CHELSEA last night confirmed their players are under orders to involve Andre Villas-Boas in their goal celebrations.

The Blues boss came up with the idea at a recent team meeting.

A Chelsea spokesman last night said: "The manager has asked the players to look across and recognise him and his staff on the bench after a goal.

"He believes that by celebrating together it shows we are all in it together. That's the players, the manager, the subs, the staff, the medical people — everyone working and celebrating together."

But the idea is being mocked by some of his squad who are said to be increasingly at odds with their rookie boss.

A Stamford Bridge insider said: "There are a few players who don't feel very 'together' with the manager right now.

"So I'm not sure anybody will be rushing over to hug him if they score against Man City on Monday. To them it all seems a bit silly and desperate."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3989997/I-must-join-our-goal-celebrations.html

Xhaka Can’t
10-12-2011, 01:17 PM
I hope there is a whole lot of rentboy love on Monday tbh.

Master Splinter
10-12-2011, 02:22 PM
I won't believe AVB is that gay until Goal.com confirm it.

GP
10-12-2011, 02:32 PM
Since when did AVB become David Brent?

Shaqiri Is Boss
21-12-2011, 02:17 PM
Terry will face charges :popcorn:

Syn
21-12-2011, 02:20 PM
February 1st :rolleyes:

They'll drag it out until after the Euros and give him a 2 month ban - if anything at all.

McNamara That Ghost...
21-12-2011, 02:27 PM
Big Man. :haha:

Dennis Bendtner
21-12-2011, 02:35 PM
http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01519/john-terry_1519612c.jpg

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01526/ashley-cole_1526885c.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/02/26/article-1253962-0138DDAF000004B0-29_306x408.jpg

McNamara That Ghost...
21-12-2011, 02:36 PM
http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Football/Pix/pictures/2008/05/22/JohnTerryPAMartinRickett3.jpg

Syn
21-12-2011, 02:39 PM
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/42612000/jpg/_42612395_diaby_pa416.jpg

McNamara That Ghost...
21-12-2011, 02:41 PM
http://vickyanddre.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/wayne-bridge.jpg

server too busy!
21-12-2011, 02:49 PM
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/42612000/jpg/_42612395_diaby_pa416.jpg

Whats baptista doing there?

Syn
21-12-2011, 02:55 PM
Whats baptista doing there?

:shrug:

No-one will ever know.

Olivier's xmas twist
21-12-2011, 02:56 PM
:pal: Big man

Marc Overmars
21-12-2011, 03:03 PM
Big Man. :haha:

GP
21-12-2011, 03:05 PM
Disgusting how Terry is treated on here.

:nickgriffin:

Olivier's xmas twist
21-12-2011, 03:07 PM
Disgusting how Terry is treated on here.:nickgriffin:

Well if she was not married to John we may treat her better

Dennis Bendtner
21-12-2011, 03:18 PM
:unsure:

Anyway:

John Terry said: "I am disappointed with the decision to charge me and hope to be given the chance to clear my name as quickly as possible.

"I have never aimed a racist remark at anyone and count people from all races and creeds among my closest friends.

"I will fight tooth and nail to prove my innocence."

He added: "I have campaigned against racism and believe there is no place for it in society."

So it begins.

Incidentally, have the BBC mixed up their headlines?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-16288101

Flavs
21-12-2011, 03:21 PM
Some of my best friends are nigga's and wops

Master Splinter
21-12-2011, 04:22 PM
Some of my best friends are nigga's and wops

Harsh on Letters tbh.

Cripps_orig
02-01-2012, 02:13 PM
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4032125/Chelsea-news-More-player-unrest-hits-Andre-Villas-Boas.html

AVB :wave:

Marc Overmars
02-01-2012, 02:29 PM
I'd love it if he just went mental and got rid of all the little Englanders and members of the old boys club there.

McNamara That Ghost...
02-01-2012, 02:45 PM
Mourinho naming some of them as 'untouchable' is coming back to haunt them.

Kano
03-01-2012, 12:39 PM
http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/02098/john-terry_2098228b.jpg

Flavs
03-01-2012, 12:42 PM
I just saw that on the beeb, why would they do that??

LDG
03-01-2012, 12:44 PM
I just saw that on the beeb, why would they do that??

Who? Lumpard, Terry, Cole et al??

They run the club, don't you know....

Flavs
03-01-2012, 01:00 PM
Who? Lumpard, Terry, Cole et al??

They run the club, don't you know....

No i mean why put Terry on a packet of fags in india? He is racist you know...allegedly

Japan Shaking All Over
14-01-2012, 06:45 AM
No i mean why put Terry on a packet of fags in india? He is racist you know...allegedly

Maybe they did because they hope he dies? . . .because he is a racisy allegedly!

Olivier's xmas twist
14-01-2012, 11:28 AM
QPR agree deal to sign Alex

McNamara That Ghost...
14-01-2012, 11:35 AM
Chelsea. :doh:

He'll be able to play against them in the FA Cup, too, should QPR win their replay.

Olivier's xmas twist
14-01-2012, 08:26 PM
Chelsea have denied a fee has been agreed for the sale of Alex to Queens Park Rangers and Andre Villas-Boas has revealed an asking price has still to be met.

Sky Sports sources suggested on Saturday morning an offer had been accepted for the wantaway Brazilian.

QPR had an initial bid - believed to be £3million - rejected earlier this week, before reportedly returning with an increased offer they appeared to believe would allow them begin discussing personal terms with the 29-year-old.

However, a Chelsea spokesman said on Saturday afternoon after the 1-0 win over Sunderland: "I can say at this time there is no agreement between the clubs."

Manager Andre Villas-Boas added: "I'm sure that the clubs can reach an agreement if they continue to push.

"We know Alex's market value and we're just not going to let him go quite easily, not that QPR's offer is far, far off.

Ambitious
"He is a player that has attracted a lot of interest from Premier League clubs and from abroad."

Even if a fee is agreed, convincing Alex to join QPR is far from a formality amid reports he may no longer wish to remain in England.

Chelsea close the gap
Alex, who has also been linked with Paris St Germain and Juventus, was banished from Chelsea's first-team squad at the end of last year after submitting a transfer request.

His signing would represent another coup for ambitious QPR after they on Tuesday convinced Hughes to succeed Neil Warnock as manager.

As well as having a previous bid for Alex snubbed - reportedly £3million - they have had offers turned down for Andy Johnson, Christopher Samba and, on Friday, Steven Pienaar.

Should Rangers complete Alex's signing, he would have to wait to make his debut, as the club missed the deadline for Sunday's Premier League game at Newcastle, while he is ineligible for Tuesday's FA Cup third-round replay against MK Dons.

His first game could therefore be next Saturday's league match against Wigan, which is followed by a possible FA Cup clash with Chelsea.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/7430528/Alex-fee-yet-to-be-agreed

McNamara That Ghost...
28-01-2012, 02:30 PM
Medial ligament damage for Ramires, probably been their best player this season, save for Mata.

Master Splinter
28-01-2012, 03:03 PM
Ramires is brilliant.

Like Essien, but actually good for more than about two games in his career.

Olivier's xmas twist
30-01-2012, 06:16 PM
17:50 FOOTBALL: Chelsea defender John Terry has been ruled out of the club's Premier League game at Swansea in the week the court case begins into allegations he racially abused Anton Ferdinand. Blues boss Andre Villas-Boas said Terry would not travel to the Liberty Stadium for Tuesday night's game after aggravating an injury to his right knee first suffered in this month's FA Cup win over Portsmouth.

1802 FOOTBALL: Chelsea manager Andre Villas-Boas on John Terry's injury: "It's just a bone oedema that he has been carrying for some time since he collided with a post, if I am not wrong against Portsmouth, and this stops him a little bit. It's nothing serious but something to keep an eye on. He has had an MRI before and he should be OK for Manchester United."

So basically we want to give him time of before the court case begins and cahill will get his chance

McNamara That Ghost...
01-02-2012, 10:22 AM
Big Man has entered a plea of not guilty. I wonder if he'll use the same line of defence as 'Arry has.

KSE Comedy Club
01-02-2012, 11:14 AM
Trial isnt until 9th July.

What kind of shit is that?

McNamara That Ghost...
01-02-2012, 11:16 AM
Tactical shit. He can play in Euro 2012 unabated. :rolleyes:

Coney
01-02-2012, 11:59 AM
Tactical shit. He can play in Euro 2012 unabated. :rolleyes:

So Capello won't be selecting Rio Ferdinand as the CB alongside Terry then.

Also, the FA can't ban him from any matches until next season.

Olivier's xmas twist
01-02-2012, 04:17 PM
CHELSEA new-boy Kevin de Bruyne admits his family are a bunch of Liverpool fans. The Belgian left-winger, 20, signed from Genk for £6.7m, said: "I have always followed the Premier League because my mother is half English. We probably followed it more than Belgian football and, when I was young, we liked Liverpool."
De Bruyne immediately heads back to Genk on loan for the rest of the season.
He added: "To come to a team like Chelsea is a dream."
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4101219/Kevin-de-Bruyne-news-Chelsea-star-says-family-are-Liverpool-fans.html

:haha:

Olivier's xmas twist
02-02-2012, 10:07 PM
Belgian superstar Eden Hazard wants to move to the Premier League this summer – and will choose between Manchester City and Chelsea.
The Lille forward has decided to knock back Arsenal’s interest, while Manchester United are not ready to meet the £30million-plus price tag.
Although Real Madrid are also still in the picture, it looks set to be a scrap between City and Chelsea as Hazard feels the English game suits his style of play best (http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfer-news/Lille-Eden-Hazard-hints-at-summer-Premier-League-move-Chelsea-Arsenal-Liverpool-Manchester-City-Manchester-United-article859226.html) .
City manager Roberto Mancini has reportedly confirmed his interest in Hazard, one of the hottest prospects in Europe.

Quoted in French newspaper Le 10 Sport, Mancini said: “Hazard has an enormous level of talent and is able to play at the maximum level.
“But we know there is interest from the big European clubs and any deal will not be easy.”
Chelsea have had Hazard watched TWENTY times in the last 18 months and French scout Guy Hillion says the reports he's filed have been glowing in their praise of the player.
Hillion said: “I was at the Lille-St Etienne match and the player has interested Chelsea since Frank Arnesen was at the club.
“Personally, my reports have been excellent and I do think he can succeed in the Premier League.”
Arsenal started to track Hazard nearly three years ago but it appears the club may now struggle to land him, even though he was quoted recently as saying they had “more history” than some interested clubs.

Real Madrid are also watching developments, with French football legend and director of football Zinedine Zidane championing Hazard's cause.
But Real face uncertainty with boss Jose Mourinho set to quit Spain summer, with his sights set on a return to England.

Interesting, shame we won't get him though.
http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfer-news/Transfer-gossip-Manchester-City-confirm-they-want-Eden-Hazard-Lille-forward-also-Chelsea-Arsenal-Real-Madrid-target-article860662.html

Niall_Quinn
02-02-2012, 10:09 PM
Arsenal started to track Hazard nearly three years ago but it appears the club may now struggle to land him, even though he was quoted recently as saying they had “more history” than some interested clubs.

Waiting period does us again. So we actually paid somebody from 3 fucking years to track him so Chelsea could sign him?

Olivier's xmas twist
02-02-2012, 10:23 PM
Waiting period does us again. So we actually paid somebody from 3 fucking years to track him so Chelsea could sign him?

Thats all we are scouts for the big teams tbh

Olivier's xmas twist
16-02-2012, 04:39 PM
Andre Villas-Boas admits not all of his players support his 'project' at Chelsea, but does not believe he has lost the backing of owner Roman Abramovich.

Chelsea's defeat at Everton last weekend saw Villas-Boas' side drop out of the UEFA Champions League qualification places and fall 17 points behind Premier League leaders Manchester City. Villas-Boas has already conceded defeat in the title race and the struggle to claim a top-four spot has already led to rumours the Portuguese is on borrowed time.

On the back of the 2-0 loss at Goodison Park, Villas-Boas held a team meeting on Sunday and there were reports that the Blues boss had been openly challenged by members of his squad.

The former Porto coach, who only took charge at Stamford Bridge last summer, has denied "strong words" had been exchanged but acknowledged he did not enjoy the backing of all his players.

"That is normal," he said.

"They don't have to back my project. It's the owner who backs my project."
Strength

Villas-Boas, who on Saturday took "full responsibility", said he was unaware of any of his squad questioning his tactics or team selection.

There have also been reports senior stars want Abramovich to send an SOS to Guus Hiddink to rescue Chelsea's season, just as the Dutchman did three years ago when Luiz Felipe Scolari was sacked.

But despite the club being in a worse position now - fifth in the Premier League - than they were then, Villas-Boas was confident his own job was under no more threat this week than last.

"I don't think so, but it's a question that you will have to ask the owner," he said ahead of Saturday's FA Cup clash with Birmingham and Champions League last-16 first leg at Napoli.

"I think the owner has full trust in me and will continue to progress with the ideas that we have.

"In the end, that is the objective of getting us the best position possible in the league, plus these two trophies, which we are fighting for.

"It will be extremely good for us if we win against Birmingham to put ourselves in the quarter-finals of the FA Cup.

"But we need strong progression in the league and to show our strength, so we efficate a little bit more our contention for fourth place - as third is already 10 points ahead of us - so that we get Champions League qualification."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/7525317/AVB-Not-all-players-back-me

Olivier's xmas twist
21-02-2012, 09:21 AM
Former Liverpool manager Rafa Benitez could make a shock return to the Premier League as Chelsea's caretaker boss if they dump Andre Villas-Boas.

It is claimed the man who orchestrated that incredible Champions League final comeback in 2005 is high on the list of possible replacements for the Portuguese should the Blues exit a competition which has become an obsession for Roman Abramovich.

Benitez has been out of work since being forced out of Inter Milan in 2010 after a misfiring attempt to replace former Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho at the San Siro.

But he has the advantage of having got the best from misfiring Stamford Bridge striker Fernando Torres during the final years of his Anfield reign.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Chelsea-consider-Rafa-Benitez-as-caretaker-manager-if-Andre-Villas-Boas-is-sacked-claims-report-article867976.html

McNamara That Ghost...
21-02-2012, 12:14 PM
It'd make me laugh if Liverpool's beloved Rafa joined the club Torres got so much abuse for going to, doubt it'll happen though. The Mirror seem to be obsessed with usurping The Sun as the most hated paper in that part of the country.

Shaqiri Is Boss
21-02-2012, 12:20 PM
I'd be very surprised if it happened simply because he wants the Liverpool job back.

He'd never get it if he joined Chelsea, regardless of how long he stayed there.

McNamara That Ghost...
21-02-2012, 12:28 PM
What about the Kenny and Rafa dreamteam?

Shaqiri Is Boss
21-02-2012, 12:58 PM
What about the Kenny and Rafa dreamteam?
RAWK's wet dream.

I still think Kenny will step aside, get some upstairs role and open the door for Pep Rafa to walk in.

Olivier's xmas twist
21-02-2012, 04:35 PM
Big man out for 2 months.

McNamara That Ghost...
21-02-2012, 04:49 PM
He can't stop getting injuries, it's like he is trying to avoid playing before the resolution of his court case.

Olivier's xmas twist
22-02-2012, 08:58 AM
CHELSEA players were in revolt against boss Andre Villas-Boas last night — BEFORE this Naples defeat.

Ashley Cole, Frank Lampard and Michael Essien were dumped to the bench for daring to criticise AVB, even though he invited them to do so.

Villas-Boas held a clear-the-air meeting on Sunday where he asked them for honest opinions on their poor results.

Lampard and Essien were forthright in their views — but it was Cole who spoke out most strongly.

The England left-back told AVB, 'I came here to win medals and trophies, but I'm never going to do that with your tactics'.

Cole is also unhappy as he feels 'like a robot' with Villas-Boas telling him exactly how to play, rather than giving him freedom.

Chelsea's players were infuriated when their three team-mates were put on the bench for speaking out ahead of the Champions League last 16 clash.

The boss even told Cole 'you made it personal'.

England star Cole was further angered when he saw his manager on TV claiming that he had been left out over concerns that he was not fully fit.

Cole underwent gruelling extra fitness training and insisted he was 100 per cent ready to play.

And he made a mockery of AVB's claims when he was called into action after 12 MINUTES following an injury to Jose Bosigwa.

Villas-Boas was in no mood to discuss his team selection last night and insisted he would be in charge for the second leg.

He said: "I have full confidence from the owner. Manager for the second leg? Yes, for sure.

"It's a team selection, I can go on and explain but it makes no difference.

"It was based on what was fair at that moment, the best team."

When details of Chelsea's team sheet were revealed last night there was widespread disbelief.

Sky Sports pundit Jamie Redknapp said: "It has all the makings of managerial suicide."

Graeme Souness added: "If Cole is 90 per cent, he's still better than Bosingwa at 100 per cent."

AVB added: "The first 90 minutes have passed but we have another 90.

"We have the knowledge we can create problems. We created problems and can turn the tie around."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4145000/Chelsea-news-Chelsea-in-revolt-after-Andre-Villas-Boas-axes-Ashley-Cole.html

You Just knew AVB was never the right man for chavs, too many ego's and too many players who are near his age who have more authority then him at the club.

Cashley needs to STFU

Marc Overmars
22-02-2012, 10:24 AM
We should get AVB in the summer and tell him to bring Mata along as well.

Olivier's xmas twist
22-02-2012, 12:06 PM
We should get AVB in the summer and tell him to bring Mata along as well.

He is made for us tbh. All going to the chavs was, just getting exprience when he takes over as our manager in the summer tbh.

:bow: Agent Andre

Syn
22-02-2012, 12:23 PM
Cashley needs to STFU

It's amazing how the Sun know exactly what was said behind closed doors. They didn't even bother with a "a source told The Sun"...they just went for it.

Marc Overmars
22-02-2012, 12:26 PM
The coverage Sky are giving to the Chelsea old boys club is cringe worthy. AVB has seen they're not up to much cop and wants to try something different, big deal. He didn't sign Torres either so it's not his fault he's been lumbered with a 50m burden on his back.

Coney
22-02-2012, 12:31 PM
The coverage Sky are giving to the Chelsea old boys club is cringe worthy. AVB has seen they're not up to much cop and wants to try something different, big deal. He didn't sign Torres either so it's not his fault he's been lumbered with a 50m burden on his back.

If Sky want to give lots of attention to chavs as they fuck up their season, I'd regard that as a welcome breather from listening to doom and gloom about us. And if they love chavs and have to watch as they tumble down the PL rankings, all the better.

Olivier's xmas twist
22-02-2012, 12:33 PM
If Sky want to give lots of attention to chavs as they fuck up their season, I'd regard that as a welcome breather from listening to doom and gloom about us. And if they love chavs and have to watch as they tumble down the PL rankings, all the better.

Yep let chavs take all the crap tbh.

McNamara That Ghost...
22-02-2012, 12:34 PM
Ray Wilkins was on SSN, saying they miss the best leader in the country, doesn't understand why Lampard and Essien didn't start and didn't understand why Ashley didn't start, as he is one of the best leftbacks in the world. :lol:

Olivier's xmas twist
22-02-2012, 12:34 PM
It's amazing how the Sun know exactly what was said behind closed doors. They didn't even bother with a "a source told The Sun"...they just went for it.

Never meant it to sund like i thought the Article was true, just said cashley needs to stfu(in general)

Coney
22-02-2012, 12:39 PM
Never meant it to sund like i thought the Article was true, just said cashley needs to stfu(in general)

What the hell. Sounds good. I like it. And in a way, looking at the mediocre performances by the chav squad, it is as if the manager has lost the dressing room and the players have no confidence in the manager. (Now where have I heard that before?)

McNamara That Ghost...
22-02-2012, 12:40 PM
The Chelsea old boys are as unprofesssional as it gets. This is the problem Real Madrid used to have with Raul basically calling the shots.

Coney
22-02-2012, 12:42 PM
The Chelsea old boys are as unprofesssional as it gets.

Peter Osgood :rose:

Shaqiri Is Boss
22-02-2012, 12:42 PM
He's probably a very talented manager but so long as the old guard stay, and have that influence over the club he (and Chelsea) will never move forward. He needs to bite the bullet and get rid of the old guard, it's the only way. But it will probably never happen. They'll all still be there in some form when they're 70.

I don't mind him on the whole. Pressure over his fee, the hype, most of the players; everything is against him. It was probably unwise to take the job, especially if Roman doesn't back him. Stupid beard though. And it's always nice to see Chelsea stutter, even if the media show unconcealed bias in favour of our good ol' English lads against that nasty Vilash-Boash.

Marc Overmars
22-02-2012, 12:43 PM
The Chelsea old boys are as unprofesssional as it gets.

Whenever they have a crisis in managment it always becomes clear that it's actually the old boys running the show behind the scenes.

Olivier's xmas twist
22-02-2012, 12:43 PM
What the hell. Sounds good. I like it. And in a way, looking at the mediocre performances by the chav squad, it is as if the manager has lost the dressing room and the players have no confidence in the manager. (Now where have I heard that before?)

Mancini :pal:

Tevez :pal:

Olivier's xmas twist
22-02-2012, 12:46 PM
The Chelsea old boys are as unprofesssional as it gets. This is the problem Real Madrid used to have with Raul basically calling the shots.

Could not do that shite at Old trafford, you get shipped off in the next window, unless your rooney.

Coney
22-02-2012, 12:51 PM
Mancini :pal:

Tevez :pal:

Actually, I was thinking of somewhere closer to home. ;)

Coney
22-02-2012, 12:54 PM
He's probably a very talented manager but so long as the old guard stay, and have that influence over the club he (and the Arsenal) will never move forward. He needs to bite the bullet and get rid of the old guard, it's the only way. But it will probably never happen. They'll all still be there in some form when they're 70.

I don't mind him on the whole. Pressure over his fee, the hype, most of the players; everything is against him. It was probably unwise to take the job. Stupid press comments about 4th place though. And it's always nice to see Chelsea stutter, even if the media show unconcealed bias in favour of our good ol' English lads against that nasty Frenchman Wenger.

Fixed it for you.

Marc Overmars
22-02-2012, 12:56 PM
There's nothing wrong with having experienced players around the place, god knows we've needed some older heads in recent years, but the problem is the strength of the clamour to play them, these guys actually believe their own hype as well.

Syn
22-02-2012, 01:02 PM
There's nothing wrong with having experienced players around the place, god knows we've needed some older heads in recent years, but the problem is the strength of the clamour to play them, these guys actually believe their own hype as well.

They can only be managed by a proper big name or a big personality. Doesn't necessarily have to be a good manager either. If Maradona was named Chelsea manager tomorrow, they'd listen to him. Obviously it's a more complicated situation than that with Terry, Lampard, Cashley, Essien because they're actually getting on a bit now and in clear decline. But the fact that AVB has decided not to go down the Mourinho route with the bullish bravado, it has gone a little against him. That, and maybe the fact that - despite everyone wanting him to be a decent manager because he seems like an alright guy - he's very naive with his tactics. Going all out against Arsenal? WTF. There is already a set-routine to beat us - no need to be a hero.

Coney
22-02-2012, 01:03 PM
They can only be managed by a proper big name or a big personality. Doesn't necessarily have to be a good manager either. If Maradona was named Chelsea manager tomorrow, they'd listen to him. Obviously it's a more complicated situation than that with Terry, Lampard, Cashley, Essien because they're actually getting on a bit now and in clear decline. But the fact that AVB has decided not to go down the Mourinho route with the bullish bravado, it has gone a little against him. That, and maybe the fact that - despite everyone wanting him to be a decent manager because he seems like an alright guy - he's very naive with his tactics. Going all out against Arsenal? WTF. There is already a set-routine to beat us - no need to be a hero.

Just play football against us and we are screwed. :good:

Shaqiri Is Boss
22-02-2012, 01:05 PM
Just turn up and we are screwed. :good:

Fixed it for you.

Olivier's xmas twist
22-02-2012, 01:05 PM

And they take that shite into the England sqaud too, this is why England will also never move forward when no one is scared to drop then old guard, not even arry will if he takes the job. This is why Other teams in other nations do well because they are ready to take them risk when needed.

Coney
22-02-2012, 05:53 PM
And they take that shite into the England sqaud too, this is why England will also never move forward when no one is scared to drop then old guard, not even arry will if he takes the job. This is why Other teams in other nations do well because they are ready to take them risk when needed.

I think you will find that 'arry will insist on having the say on who gets dropped or picked. Remember that he is currently having success at spuds and if he gets them into the CL, he is in a strong position to make demands on the FA if they want him. He showed that attitude at Portsmouth where they called his bluff and he left - they had to crawl back giving him what he wanted. I reckon he is strong enough to get the FA to give him the leeway and if he gets good results, then they will let him continue to do so.

Cripps_orig
22-02-2012, 05:57 PM
And they take that shite into the England sqaud too, this is why England will also never move forward when no one is scared to drop then old guard, not even arry will if he takes the job. This is why Other teams in other nations do well because they are ready to take them risk when needed.Good point.

Twitch is already making noises about bringing Scholes back :doh:

Olivier's xmas twist
22-02-2012, 06:01 PM
Good point.

Twitch is already making noises about bringing Scholes back :doh:

You see its silly and then when we get our Asses handed to us by the top teams the pudits all wonder why. FFS is England so shite they need scholes.

Olivier's xmas twist
22-02-2012, 06:02 PM
I think you will find that 'arry will insist on having the say on who gets dropped or picked. Remember that he is currently having success at spuds and if he gets them into the CL, he is in a strong position to make demands on the FA if they want him. He showed that attitude at Portsmouth where they called his bluff and he left - they had to crawl back giving him what he wanted. I reckon he is strong enough to get the FA to give him the leeway and if he gets good results, then they will let him continue to do so.

Thats what Capello thought, Its the Fa who run the team anyway, England manger is just a front nothing more imo.

Coney
22-02-2012, 06:03 PM
Thats what Capello thought, Its the Fa who run the team anyway, England manger is just a front nothing more imo.

'arry will get it in writing. Not that he'll be able to read the contract but his mate will be able to tell him.

Xhaka Can’t
22-02-2012, 09:19 PM
Do you post with or without his cock in your mouth?

Olivier's xmas twist
22-02-2012, 09:22 PM

Ghel's gonna be a Ghel tbh.

Coney
22-02-2012, 09:28 PM

I only need my hands free for posting. :good:

Cripps_orig
23-02-2012, 02:53 PM
RAFAEL BENITEZ would be interested in talking to Chelsea — if Andre Villas-Boas is axed as manager.

Manuel Garcia Quilon, the former Liverpool chief's agent, insists the Spaniard is desperate to return to the Premier League.

Quilon said: "Benitez's priority is to coach in the Premier League.

"But there is nothing official — we have not been approached by Chelsea.

"We would only evaluate that possibility once there is an offer."

Chelsea have won just two of their last 10 Premier League games and are on the brink of a Champions League exit following their 3-1 defeat at Napoli in the first leg of their last-16 tie on Tuesday.

And with reports of unrest in the dressing room, it has been suggested Blues owner Roman Abramovich is considering a coaching change.

Benitez is available having been out of work since being sacked by Inter Milan in December 2010.

The 51-year-old has a track record of success having led Liverpool to Champions League and FA Cup glory, while also guiding Valencia to two La Liga titles.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4148361/Rafael-Benitez-would-evaluate-an-offer-from-Chelsea.html

:popcorn:

McNamara That Ghost...
26-02-2012, 09:59 AM
Frank Lampard has admitted his relationship with Chelsea manager Andre Villas-Boas has "not been ideal".

But, after captaining the Blues to a 3-0 win over Bolton on Saturday, he stressed his commitment to the club.

Asked about Villas-Boas, Lampard said: "I think, from the outside, you can probably see that it's not been ideal but the important thing is not to focus on individual relationships too much.

"It can only be negative and people do like to play on negatives."

Although Villas-Boas praised Lampard after the Bolton win , he said his display does not assure him of a place in the team.

The 33-year-old midfielder was dropped for the last two matches, including the midweek Champions League defeat by Napoli.

But he returned to lead the side against Bolton - and scored his 150th Premier League goal.

"There have been certain issues," Lampard said. "Certain players, we don't like not to play.

"But it's never a case of players throwing their toys out of the pram to the detriment of the club.

"The only way we can push on from now and secure Champions League football next year, potentially move through in the FA Cup and the Champions League this year, is to be positive.

"It's in the club's interest. It's not about any one individual here and negative things can take the shine off it."

Villas-Boas said Lampard's performance was "fantastic" but added: "There are six players competing for those three positions [in midfield]. When we play with a number 10, it's even less. It's six players for two.

"Frank had a big, big day and it was important for him after the disappointment of coming out of the team against Napoli and Birmingham.

"He proved he can make the difference for the team. We always pick the team we think is best for the game and today he showed why he is one of the best.

"You [journalists] asked me directly at Napoli if Lamps was disappointed at missing the game and I assure you that he was, just like Raul [Meireles] was disappointed today - just like [Oriol Romeu] and [John] Obi Mikel."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17168232

Lovable Fat Frank is being lovable again I see. I don't think it needs much of a genius to realise why he has come out and said there are issues in the dressing room, probably backed by the other Untouchables.

Shaqiri Is Boss
26-02-2012, 11:12 AM
I wonder who will win out in the end...

Dennis Bendtner
26-02-2012, 11:29 AM
"Certain players, we don't like not to play."

Says it all I'm afraid. That club is poison. All the best to AVB.

Marc Overmars
26-02-2012, 11:30 AM
Rotten to the core.

Cripps_orig
27-02-2012, 05:26 PM
IF you were lucky enough to inherit a magic Lamp, how would you handle it?
Would you neglect it, ignore it or even throw it out with the rubbish?

Or would you cherish it, polish it and do whatever it takes to keep it working its wonders?

A no-brainer, yes? Unless you are Chelsea boss Andre Villas-Boas, that is.

Frank Lampard's Blues record is simply blinding. It always was — and still is.

He has scored 12 goals from midfield this season, making him Chelsea's top scorer ahead of the likes of Didier Drogba and the misfiring Fernando Torres.

In fact Lamps has now hit 182 goals for the club — 125 of them in the Premier League — putting him ahead of legendary striker Jimmy Greaves and into Chelsea's top three all-time highest scorers.

And how could we forget his trophy haul at Stamford Bridge — all three league titles, three FA Cups and two League Cups.

Lampard is also the highest-scoring midfielder in Premier League history and was Chelsea's captain fantastic on Saturday with a goal and an assist.

The 90-cap England star is worshipped by the Blues faithful and yet, curiously, he is still not guaranteed a start.

And he could still leave in the summer because, for some reason, AVB does not seem to fancy him.

So is he too old? OK, Lampard is 33 but he is a veritable spring chicken compared to Manchester United duo Ryan Giggs, 38, and Paul Scholes, 37.

And Alex Ferguson, the greatest manager in British football history, still picks those two OAPs.

So it must be that Lamps is no longer good enough, that the competition for places at Chelsea is just too fierce.

Except did you see Raul Meireles in Naples or Oriol Romeu against United?

And has anyone seen Florent Malouda this season?

None of them are in the same class and never will be, even if Lamps goes on to emulate Giggsy and play when grey.

So it must be that he is too much trouble, a Carlos Tevez-type in the dressing room.

Erm, except Lampard has long been regarded as the model professional.

So why on earth is he in and out of the team when he is still fit enough, good enough and professional enough to walk into probably any side in the Premier League?

Maybe the problem is not Lampard, it is his rookie boss.

Is AVB really that foolish or churlish?

Well he was definitely foolish to be so churlish about his skipper after this confidence-boosting win against lowly Bolton.

Asked whether Lampard's fine display guaranteed him a start next time out, he answered in the negative.

Asked if he had considered taking his captain off in the dying minutes to afford him the standing ovation he deserved, he again answered in the negative.

Such negativity breeds negativity, though, and it does not just impact on Lampard.

His team-mates see it, hear it and must wonder when it will be their turn to be on the receiving end.

Not great, then, for team spirit and surely any summer target Chelsea may be tracking will have heard all about AVB's rift with Lampard by now.

They could be forgiven for thinking 'If he can treat Frank Lampard like that, after all he's done for Chelsea, then he's certainly capable of doing it to me too'.

Hardly the best advert, then, for a club openly looking to invest in new blood to build a new Chelsea.

Hardly the best way to go about keeping your job.

For it is significant that the return of Lampard alongside Michael Essien and Ashley Cole helped Chelsea end a run of five games without a win.

All three were infamously left on the bench for Chelsea's disastrous 3-1 Champions League defeat at Napoli last week.

But here they inspired the Blues to a much-needed win that lifted them back into the top four.

After a goalless first half it was defender David Luiz who broke the deadlock with a striker's finish in the box.

Were you watching Torres?

Luiz later hit a post while Drogba struck the crossbar as the old Chelsea began to re-emerge.

Lampard's corner then teed up Drogba to head home for 2-0 before the man himself sealed the points with their third.

A deep, curling cross to the far post from the impressive Juan Mata and there was Lamps ghosting in to volley home.

Genie–us!

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4155851/Andre-Villas-Boas-still-doesnt-fancy-Frank-Lampard.html

:sick:

Hes got to be sleeping with the Lump surely?

McNamara That Ghost...
27-02-2012, 05:32 PM
Rob Beasley is a Chelsea supporter. And an all round twat.

Master Splinter
27-02-2012, 06:56 PM
It's great news for us if Lumpsy plays every game from now on.

Myopic Media Morans :bow:.

Master Splinter
28-02-2012, 01:12 AM
Chelsea after Hulk:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17185843

He has gained Beast Mode abilities in the last few seasons and would probably fit well into the Premier League. Fair to say he would smash through some English defences.

Cripps_orig
01-03-2012, 01:17 PM
Chelsea defender David Luiz has hit out at team-mate Frank Lampard saying he must take orders from manager Andre Villas-Boas like any other player.

The Brazilian defender strongly backed the Portuguese boss and argued that there should be no "privileged people" at a football club.

Lampard has been linked with a move away from Stamford Bridge after the midfielder admitted last week that his relationship with the former Porto coach was "not ideal".

"No one has to be someone's father or son in a football club," Luiz told Portuguese newspaper O Jogo following Brazil's 2-1 win against Bosnia and Herzegovina on Tuesday.

"There are no privileged people there. He [Lampard] simply has to listen to the coach when he gives orders and take them.

"No player can forget that they are just an employee of the club."

Chelsea currently sit in fifth place in the Premier League, outside of the Champions League qualification spots, and face elimination from European competition at the hands of Serie A side Napoli.

However, Luiz claimed that the extent of the Blues' problems had been overplayed by the British media.

The 24-year-old also defended the "immense capacity" of Villas-Boas, who he feels will lead Chelsea to success in the long-term.

"A lot of the controversies are created by the British media," Luiz said.

"Last season, there were teams who were in a poor position in the table, and no one talked about it.

"It is a lot easier to talk about Andre, because Chelsea are a big team who always fight for the first place. And when they are third of fourth, it gets easy to slam the coach.

"But Andre has an immense capacity, he is an excellent person and I am sure he will have a great future at Chelsea."

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/03/01/2939160/luiz-slams-chelsea-team-mate-lampard-he-has-to-listen-to

First player to speak out against the old guard at Chelsea?

McNamara That Ghost...
01-03-2012, 01:19 PM
You can't insult Honest Frank like that and expect to get away with it.

Olivier's xmas twist
01-03-2012, 03:16 PM
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/03/01/2939160/luiz-slams-chelsea-team-mate-lampard-he-has-to-listen-to

First player to speak out against the old guard at Chelsea?

Wait till lamps tells his mate JT whats gone on that will be Luiz sold

Master Splinter
01-03-2012, 03:46 PM
David Louise :rose:.

Cripps_orig
01-03-2012, 10:36 PM
Luiz backtracks

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/03/01/2939160/luiz-plays-down-criticism-of-lampard-i-talked-about-coaches

McNamara That Ghost...
01-03-2012, 10:51 PM

They got hold of him quickly enough.

Xhaka Can’t
01-03-2012, 10:58 PM

Olivier's xmas twist
03-03-2012, 12:14 AM
Real Madrid are prepared to offer Gonzalo Higuain to Manchester City – even though the Argentinian striker is wanted by Chelsea.

The Spanish giants want to do a *player-plus-cash deal involving Higuain with City for Sergio Aguero who is on Real’s hit-list.

City do not want to sell Aguero, while Chelsea are also keen on Higuain as they look to bring in a top-class striker this summer.

Higuain is ready to leave Madrid after falling down the pecking order and Chelsea, Juventus, Inter Milan and Paris Saint-Germain are also interested.

City are also keen on Higuain but they would rather use Carlos Tevez as bait in a player-plus-cash deal this summer.

Chelsea have looked at Higuain in the past and the Argentinian has been watched by Stamford Bridge scouts.

Under-pressure boss Andre Villas-Boas also rates Brazilian striker Hulk, who he managed at Porto.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfer-news/Real-Madrid-prepare-to-ignore-Chelsea-and-offer-Gonzalo-Higuain-to-Manchester-City-article873394.html

Chavs :lol:

Shaqiri Is Boss
04-03-2012, 01:38 PM
SACKED! :haha:

McNamara That Ghost...
04-03-2012, 01:39 PM
It's Rafa time.

:bow:

Dennis Bendtner
04-03-2012, 01:39 PM
The Old Boys win. :bow:

Seriously, so obviously coming.

Rors
04-03-2012, 01:42 PM
I would have had no qualms with him had he walked. He was never going to pierce the ego bubble in the dressing room, nor get an easy ride from a press who he regularly rode roughshod over and got the better of.

McNamara That Ghost...
04-03-2012, 01:44 PM
SSN say Di Matteo will take charge for the rest of the season. Well what's the point in that?

Olivier's xmas twist
Another 1 bites the dust

:haha:

Syn
Tactically naive, sure. But he was never given a fair chance. I hope AVB has his say about Lampard, Terry etc. now that he has left the club - though he seems too classy to do that.

Nothing much is going to change with a new manager. Until they face the fact that Cashley, Lampard, Terry and Essien are past it, they can't move forward.

Marc Overmars
The Chelsea Boys. :bow:

McNamara That Ghost...
04-03-2012, 01:45 PM
Gary Neville is saying what we've been saying.

Marc Overmars
04-03-2012, 01:47 PM
Mourinho to take over in the summer?

Dennis Bendtner
04-03-2012, 01:48 PM
Tactically naive, sure. But he was never given a fair chance. I hope AVB has his say about Lampard, Terry etc. now that he has left the club - though he seems too classy to do that.

Nothing much is going to change with a new manager. Until they face the fact that Cashley, Lampard, Terry and Essien are past it, they can't move forward.

Yep. Another £200m needed. If they'd pooled together the money they've spent sacking and appointing new managers, they might have replaced a couple of those. Very satisfying to see a billionaire's short-termist plaything fall apart. AVB will have a big pay-off. Good on him.

Olivier's xmas twist
04-03-2012, 01:49 PM
SSN say Di Matteo will take charge for the rest of the season. Well what's the point in that?

:doh:

Chavs such a classless club.

Olivier's xmas twist
04-03-2012, 01:50 PM

Nsh new England manager tbh.

McNamara That Ghost...
04-03-2012, 01:51 PM

That would be shit. Although it would be hilarious if Mourinho was the one to break up the Old Boys Club.

Marc Overmars
04-03-2012, 01:59 PM
Good 8 months work for AVB though. Must be due a massive pay off now.

Agent AVB. :bow:

Master Splinter
04-03-2012, 01:59 PM
Hope Di Matteo does as good a job as he did last season.

Then Honest Frank takes over :bow:.

He'll probably bring back Dennis Wise and Wilkins as player/coaches.

Syn
04-03-2012, 02:02 PM
How long before someone praises Chelsea for not putting up with trophyless/fight-for-fourth campaign and comparing the situation to Arsenal?

-0.001 seconds.

Olivier's xmas twist
04-03-2012, 02:06 PM
How long before someone praises Chelsea for not putting up with trophyless/fight-for-fourth campaign and comparing the situation to Arsenal?

-0.001 seconds.

However long it takes Zimm to long on today.

Marc Overmars
04-03-2012, 02:10 PM
I don't know why any self-respecting manager would take this job.

Saying that, I'm sure getting a 20m payout for 6-12 months work is attractive.

McNamara That Ghost...
04-03-2012, 02:12 PM
I don't know why any self-respecting manager would take this job.

Saying that, I'm sure getting a 20m payout for 6-12 months work is attractive.

Sven next up. He loves money.

Olivier's xmas twist
04-03-2012, 02:13 PM
Totally agree MO you'd have to be a mad man to take that job tbh, no sympathy for him from me, saw the money got greedy now look what happens.

On the plus side they won't be getting hulk or falcao anytime soon.

Dennis Bendtner
04-03-2012, 02:17 PM
Rafa is a good manager. If he took that job and screwed up though - potentially three big pay-offs in no time at all. S'ralan would be proud of that.

Xhaka Can’t
04-03-2012, 02:19 PM

He'll be Lamplard's poodle.

Seriously, this was so clearly coming as to be a non-event. But equally clear - to me at least, is that this is an awful decision. AVB was trying the right things yet was undermined at every turn. For a sustainable improvement to be made, those undermining him should have been the ones sacked. It would have been short term pain for long term gain.

AVB has a future in football - what future do Chelsea have with old farts like Lamplard, Terry and Cole calling the shots?

McNamara That Ghost...
04-03-2012, 02:19 PM
Totally agree MO you'd have to be a mad man to take that job tbh, no sympathy for him from me, saw the money got greedy now look what happens.

On the plus side they won't be getting hulk or falcao anytime soon.

I'm fairly sure the remit AVB was given is that he would be allowed to rebuild the team and move players on but the Untouchables won't allow that to happen.

Marc Overmars
04-03-2012, 02:26 PM
Shame we're not playing the Old Boys for a while yet. Home banker there.

Syn
04-03-2012, 02:32 PM
I knew he was young but I didn't know he was only 34. I guess that was a big part of why the players didn't listen to him.

Olivier's xmas twist
04-03-2012, 02:34 PM
I'm fairly sure the remit AVB was given is that he would be allowed to rebuild the team and move players on but the Untouchables won't allow that to happen.

True, This is why i don't think Jose will not go back there while Abromivich is there tbh, he is spoiling that club no manager will want that job tbh if they know they will be sacked in a year.

You'd need someone who won't stand for the BS of the Old boys.

Dennis Bendtner
04-03-2012, 02:45 PM
Let's rescue Mata from his Chelsea hell. Won't want to stick around now his dad's gone.

KSE Comedy Club
04-03-2012, 02:56 PM
What an absolute joke of a club they have become.

McNamara That Ghost...
04-03-2012, 03:00 PM
Avram Grant is on 5live, he's trying to say he wouldn't go back even if they killed Danger Mouse for him, without being so brazen to actually say it. :lol:

Olivier's xmas twist
04-03-2012, 03:09 PM
What an absolute joke of a club they have become.

Yep its embaressing. They seem to have money to waste.

McNamara That Ghost...
04-03-2012, 03:11 PM
Former Chelsea assistant Ray Wilkins:

"There are lots of managers, Harry Redknapp included, who have excellent man-management skills but when players are not playing they are not happy - especially when they are experienced and have extreme quality they will be disgruntled.

"Not everyone will like you but if the results are good they will sit on the bench and take it. When they are poor it's a different matter.

"Every manager has that problem."

Endorsed by Big Man and Honest Frank.

Olivier's xmas twist
04-03-2012, 03:12 PM
Redknapp for Chavs tbh you heard it here 1st.

Marc Overmars
04-03-2012, 03:14 PM
By the way I'm loving the Old Boys and Honest Frank meme's.

Olivier's xmas twist
04-03-2012, 03:23 PM
Former Chelsea manager Avram Grant on BBC Radio 5 live
"His main ambition was to be the champions of Europe. It's not good enough for a team like Chelsea that they [were] only one time in the Champions League [final]."

Alan Green on BBC Radio 5 live:
"Don't feel too sorry for Villas-Boas, because he will be leaving London with millions in the bank. Nevertheless, it is a victory for player power. The players that he needed to move on became key players for him. He has not helped himself. I don't know him, but I thought he was arrogant."

Alan green such a pleb,

Avram :bow:

Dennis Bendtner
04-03-2012, 03:25 PM
Avram bigging up his own record! Ledge :bow:

Coney
04-03-2012, 03:48 PM
Much as I dislike Moronio, it takes someone like him personallity-wise to be able to handle and dominate a bunch of prima donnas. If you buy a squad of expensive top players, it is always going to take a very different kind of manager to make them gel as a team.

Chelsea are going to keep having problems unless Abramovitch stops interfering with the footballing aspect of the club. It's a millionaire's toy for him and he wants the instant results as he expects in his business dealings and football is not like that. He has to find a good manager and give him a decent amount of time to build.

Moronio also had the fortune of being the first manager when the Russian bought his off-the-shelf team for loadsamoney and the other PL winning teams at the time - Arsenal and Manu - were not ready for that concentration of talent, so they were able to buy the title. The fact that after 2 years, manu went on a run of titles shows how Abramovich's interference has screwed things up, I reckon. Perfectly good managers with experience have been ditched by him as failures for not producing the instant title he expected.

It was always going to be difficult for any manager. You have to control the team, get results, with a one year limit and, if things are not going well for a period, you and your players expect to see you sacked. Even if it had not happened now, everyone knew he would be gone by the summer, so how he was supposed to get the players on his side playing for him, I don't know. And that is without the rumoured hassles from some of the senior players.

It was all so inevitable.

Marc Overmars
04-03-2012, 03:56 PM
The mandate for them is instant success, so the manager is not able to take the time to blood new players because of the unpredictability of it. It's why the Old Boys have lasted so long because they're consistent and reliable, or at least were.

It's an impossible job.

Master Splinter
04-03-2012, 04:42 PM
I don't know Alan Green, but I think he deserves to be stabbed repeatedly in the face.

Olivier's xmas twist
04-03-2012, 04:45 PM
I don't know Alan Green, but I think he deserves to be stabbed repeatedly in the face.

Guy gets on my nerves tbh.

Apprently Roman wants Pep Guardiola, can't see him going there though.

Niall_Quinn
04-03-2012, 04:48 PM
Redknapp for Chavs tbh you heard it here 1st.

Is this why he's wriggling around saying he's too tired to manage during the Euros? Or is he just a coward who wants to avoid all that and tie up a fresh 8 years during which he'll get a couple of bites before being found out?

Niall_Quinn
04-03-2012, 04:49 PM

Guy gets on my nerves tbh.

Apprently Roman wants Pep Guardiola, can't see him going there though.

Guardiola wouldn't stand for Abramovich's BS, surely?

Olivier's xmas twist
04-03-2012, 05:18 PM
Guardiola wouldn't stand for Abramovich's BS, surely?

Nope and i can't see him going from coaching Messi to raul meireles tbh. best bet for them is Jose only if they get Cl footie tbh.

Coney
04-03-2012, 05:41 PM
Nope and i can't see him going from coaching Messi to raul meireles tbh. best bet for them is Jose only if they get Cl footie tbh.

Well right - why move from a place where you have a great deal of say and have had success to a place where someone orders you about, chooses players and sacks you if you haven't won a trophy for a few months. Mind you, the last point gives me food for thought......

Olivier's xmas twist
04-03-2012, 05:54 PM
Well right - why move from a place where you have a great deal of say and have had success to a place where someone orders you about, chooses players and sacks you if you haven't won a trophy for a few months. Mind you, the last point gives me food for thought......

:lol: Wumger must be laughing in his bed today.

KSE Comedy Club
04-03-2012, 06:04 PM
It doesn't matter who goes there, Chelsea are doomed as long as the old guard remain untouchable and abramovich remains impatient.

Theyre fucked tbh.

Niall_Quinn
04-03-2012, 06:08 PM
I knew he was young but I didn't know he was only 34. I guess that was a big part of why the players didn't listen to him.

Plus the fact they are total twats. This is what happens when yes men like Grant and Ancelotti are allowed to pollute a club. The chavs will have to wait until Drogba and Lumpard die of old age and Big Man is banged up before they can move on.

Dennis Bendtner
04-03-2012, 06:11 PM
Wasn't there the suggestion that Big Man wanted it put in his contract that he could manage Chelsea after retiring? I suppose it would only be written confirmation of what's already happening.

Olivier's xmas twist
04-03-2012, 06:15 PM
Might as well give to Big man now he runs the team anyway.

Master Splinter
04-03-2012, 06:17 PM
Might as well give to Big ma now he runs the team anyway.

Big Ma :bow:.

McNamara That Ghost...
04-03-2012, 06:37 PM
You made a deal with the devil. He always comes to collect.

Lionel Luthor. :bow:

McNamara That Ghost...
04-03-2012, 06:54 PM
Gary Neville. :haha:

Just went mental on Abramovich. That was brilliant.

Niall_Quinn
04-03-2012, 06:56 PM
Gary Neville. :haha:

Just went mental on Abramovich. That was brilliant.

Called him, "Roman", lol.

Hit man already hired?

McNamara That Ghost...
04-03-2012, 07:00 PM
I'll be surprised if he makes it out of WHL.

Olivier's xmas twist
04-03-2012, 07:05 PM
I'll be surprised if he makes it out of WHL.

Who Roman ?