PDA

View Full Version : Arsenal vs Cardiff. 1st Jan. 15:00

Pages : [1] 2

Marc Overmars
29-12-2013, 03:53 PM
Going to this, thanks to Gary alerting me when seats became available on TX. Gary. :bow:

Should be a comfortable win really, no excuses not to give them a pumping.

3-0.

Master Splinter
29-12-2013, 04:25 PM
I was on a good run with my match threads. :threaten:

I think there'll be quite a bit of rotation here. Dennis will start and probably Monreal, Jenkinson, Podolski too.

Seems injuries are returning, with Ozil, Ramsey and possibly Gibbs dead again. They (and Oxlade) should be back within a few weeks though.

Szczesny

Jenkinson
BFG
Koscielny
Monreal

Arteta
Wilshere
Cazorla

Podolski
Dennis Bendtner
Theo

2-0 (Podolski, Cazorla).

GP
29-12-2013, 04:31 PM
4-0

milla
29-12-2013, 06:01 PM
Szczesny

Sagan
BFG
Koscielny
Monreal

Flamini
Rosicky
Cazorla

Podolski
Dennis Bendtner
Theo

Ozil and Ramsey are definitely out. Wenger will not risk another injury on Giroud and Jack. Feo, TV5 and Monreal are also big doubts but I think they will play their part in this game. :coffee:

fakeyank
29-12-2013, 10:10 PM
Must win

3-0. Wenger Hattrick.

Syn
29-12-2013, 10:19 PM
Get the feeling they put all their energy into yesterday's game. That last minute equaliser really would've deflated them. They are without a manager and while they'll be up for a fight, a professional attitude should be enough for the 3 points.

Özil's Panoramic View
30-12-2013, 12:48 AM
We're yet to unleash one of our seasonal pub team pastings. As such, I have a very strong feeling we'll witness a long overdue thrashing of a minnow here.

6-0.

#COYG :scarf:

AFC Leveller
30-12-2013, 07:23 AM
2-0.

Pod, Montreal and Jenks will probably come in as well as Bendtner.

COME ON ARSENAL!

Injury Time
30-12-2013, 07:26 AM
We'll wander on to the pitch expecting 3 points, concede one then win 2-1

fakeyank
30-12-2013, 07:32 AM
We need to make up the goal difference with city. This race 'could' go down to the wire!

AFC Leveller
30-12-2013, 07:47 AM
No way we can get as many goals as they do! they have an average of 4/5 at home and have 4 strikers as well as goal scoring midfielders.

Penguin
30-12-2013, 08:17 AM
Yeah no chance of catching up to their goal difference. Just treat it as another point for them and keep grinding out the victories.

Xhaka Can’t
30-12-2013, 08:36 AM
Thank god its only Cardiff, because we are shite.

Marc Overmars
30-12-2013, 09:49 AM
Yeah no chance of catching up to their goal difference. Just treat it as another point for them and keep grinding out the victories.

I would like us to dish out a thumping though, seems like a long time since we've done that.

Xhaka Can’t
30-12-2013, 11:11 AM
Three points will do. I'd prefer to be wildly entertained while getting them, but apparently that is not what impresses pundits these days.

Apparently the key thing is to play absolutely atrocious football nobody really wants to see while somehow scrambling a win.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
30-12-2013, 11:27 AM
3-0

Ozil shitetrick

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
30-12-2013, 12:01 PM
Cardiff have been one of the most impressive teams I've watched in a one off game this season.....particularly when they beat City. I was really impressed with them and would prefer them to do well this season.

A thrashing would be nice but I somehow can't see it....but lovely jubbly if we do. Seems a few others have racked up some cricket scores even though we haven't.

Seems a bit of a thing to leave out Ozil twice but we have good options at the moment.

-----------------Szczesny-----------------

Sagna------Merkyl-------KOS--------Gibbs

---------Arteta--------Wilshere------------

Walcott---------Cazorla-----------Podolski

--------------Olivier Giroud-----------------

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
30-12-2013, 12:02 PM
My bad. I'm guessing Nemo is actually injured then!

PGFC
30-12-2013, 12:44 PM
Three points will do. I'd prefer to be wildly entertained while getting them, but apparently that is not what impresses pundits these days.

Apparently the key thing is to play absolutely atrocious football nobody really wants to see while somehow scrambling a win.

'Tis the stuff of true champions :good:

PGFC
30-12-2013, 12:46 PM
My bad. I'm guessing Nemo is actually injured then!

He has a litlle bit 'three week' shoulder injury, expect him back in March.

Power n Glory
30-12-2013, 02:26 PM
Giroud's needs a rest. Was very close to injuring himself yesterday. He's off form and needs a bench anyway but he's next in line to pick up an injury. Ozil and Ramsey have picked up injuries and we've said for a while they've needed a rest alongside Giroud.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
30-12-2013, 04:44 PM
He has a litlle bit 'three week' shoulder injury, expect him back in March.
Gulp...

I watched the game without hearing the pre game build up so I just assumed he was on the bench! I hope it isn't anything like Theo's 'stomach ache'!

Syn
30-12-2013, 04:57 PM
inflammed shoulder. The party line is 'maybe a week, maybe less'. He might well be back for this game. But the details about Ramsey's injury are suspiciously vague. No real suggestion of a timeframe so you guess he's the one who might be out for a while.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
30-12-2013, 06:54 PM
I heard 2-4 weeks for Ramsey. I can't recall where I heard it though and consequently cannot gauge how accurate it is.

KSE Comedy Club
30-12-2013, 08:23 PM
Giroud's needs a rest. Was very close to injuring himself yesterday. He's off form and needs a bench anyway but he's next in line to pick up an injury. Ozil and Ramsey have picked up injuries and we've said for a while they've needed a rest alongside Giroud.

He looked like he played with an injury yesterday.

He was limping and showing pain on his face when he came out of the tunnel for the second half and he did the same again when he was subbed off.

Marc Overmars
30-12-2013, 08:25 PM
The guy has been run into the ground and it's shown in his performances and lack of goals.

Master Splinter
30-12-2013, 08:52 PM
Giroud always looks like he's in agony.

I think his lack of goals is down to not being a top-of-the-range striker rather than being knackered. He doesn't exactly have a history of putting lower percentage chances away. He's a good player, but sadly unlikely ever to be a ruthless finisher.

Too much focus is put on our players being close to collapsing. Most top teams play their top players in the majority of games. Ronaldo and Messi play almost every game when available. When Chelsea were at their peak, they played almost the same team in every competition week after week. Wenger has maybe played a few young players (Cisc and Wilshere) too much too soon, but if players like Giroud and Ramsey have great stamina and are not easily injured (which Ramsey hasn't been outside of being almost maimed by a thug) then there's not a problem with them playing so often. Their lack of form can be just that: a lack of form and not because they play a couple of games of football a week. I'm not saying players shouldn't be rested, but too much is made of our players supposedly being run into the ground when stats show that Wenger has rotated as much, if not more, than other top teams. I think we've used more players than City as well, who apparently have the mightiest squad ever assembled.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
30-12-2013, 08:56 PM
I generally agree, particularly where Giroud is concerned.

Power n Glory
30-12-2013, 10:18 PM

I think his lack of goals is down to not being a top-of-the-range striker rather than being knackered. He doesn't exactly have a history of putting lower percentage chances away. He's a good player, but sadly unlikely ever to be a ruthless finisher.

Too much focus is put on our players being close to collapsing. Most top teams play their top players in the majority of games. Ronaldo and Messi play almost every game when available. When Chelsea were at their peak, they played almost the same team in every competition week after week. Wenger has maybe played a few young players (Cisc and Wilshere) too much too soon, but if players like Giroud and Ramsey have great stamina and are not easily injured (which Ramsey hasn't been outside of being almost maimed by a thug) then there's not a problem with them playing so often. Their lack of form can be just that: a lack of form and not because they play a couple of games of football a week. I'm not saying players shouldn't be rested, but too much is made of our players supposedly being run into the ground when stats show that Wenger has rotated as much, if not more, than other top teams. I think we've used more players than City as well, who apparently have the mightiest squad ever assembled.

Yeah, I agree with that. I wouldn't say the chances Giroud's missing are down to fatigue. I'd say that's more down to form because he's missing easy chances. If he wasn't putting himself about and it looked as though he was struggling to run and having long bouts of inactivity, then fair enough. But I'm more worried about him picking up an unnecessary injury. I think Wenger is worried about dropping him because it may effect his confidence. He's scored one now so we'll see if plays against Cardiff.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
31-12-2013, 02:10 AM
Ozil is fine.

Wenger is giving him his winter break.

AFC Leveller
31-12-2013, 07:31 AM
I think Giroud missing chances is down to two things; he isnt ruthless/clinical and he is knackered. he's been playing up front on his own almost every game for an average of 80 minutes and is bound to feel tired and miss chances (esp late on like against Chelsea). I remember someone asked Henry about the 2-3 one on ones he missed against Barcelona in the CL final and he said "i had no power/energy, my legs were gone" as he played almost 80 minutes on is own. Bearing in mind Henry was much fitter and sharper than Giroud, i think we should cut him some slack.

Power n Glory
31-12-2013, 09:04 AM
I remember that and he was mainly tired because we had 10 men and were up against Barca defending hard. He very early before the sending off that he should have buried and can’t blame tiredness for that but he had a one on one early down the right that he couldn’t finish with his left foot after a powering run. I still say he’d have buried that on his stronger side.

Regarding Giroud, it’s hard to say whether accumulated fatigue is having an effect on his striking and that’s what some are arguing. He’s getting to the ball and able to pop a shot off so I wouldn’t think fatigue in the early stages of a match comes into play. Not in the first half at least. Late on in the match it could play a part but if he’s knackered in the first half then something is wrong.

GP
31-12-2013, 09:49 AM
TEAM NEWS: @MesutOzil1088, @aaronramsey are still out, Giroud and @KieranGibbs are also out for the Cardiff game

GP
31-12-2013, 09:51 AM
Chesney

Sagan
Mertesacker
Koscielny
Monreal

Wilshere
Arteta
Rosicky

Walcott
Podolski
Cazorla

KSE Comedy Club
31-12-2013, 11:27 AM

Except giroud hasn't been rotated much at all, played nearly every game and was clearly looking injured after half time.

This wasn't a normal 'giroud looking like he was in agony' he was actually limping when he walked into the pitch.

KSE Comedy Club
31-12-2013, 11:32 AM
And giroud is out so could be to do with the knock he picked up in the last game

McNamara That Ghost...
31-12-2013, 01:13 PM
We need to save football and give Tan's team a beating tbf.

The Emirates Gallactico
31-12-2013, 01:39 PM
Apparently Phil Brown is going to be appointed tonight for the game tommorow. He has experience working with a tan.

McNamara That Ghost...
31-12-2013, 01:46 PM
Theo was in training today, guess it's a case of if he falls on his shoulder again.

Zelalem is back. :bow:

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
31-12-2013, 02:04 PM
Dropping like flies. :unsure:

Give Podolski a game. Somewhere. Even if it's up top.

Dein-machine
31-12-2013, 02:33 PM
if we are without the creativity of Ozil & forward runs of Rambo we need all 6 non-defenders to play attacking football, even Arteta if we have to start him. we do not need a defensive midfielder at home to Cardiff, Arteta can drop to pick the ball of the defence but then needs to push on like he used to do for Everton. We will need bodies in & around the area because they'll park the bus.

Penguin
01-01-2014, 09:47 AM
We still need a DM to sweep up when they counter, cause that will be their best chance of scoring in open play. Rambo is in a bad run of form so I'm not too worried about losing him and we should be Ok with Santi or Rosicky covering for Ozil again.

JonasTC
01-01-2014, 11:33 AM
With all the injuries we might see Wenger mix things up a bit, maybe some Gnabry-action or a 5min cameo from Zelalem

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
01-01-2014, 11:59 AM
Not a chance Zelalem will take to the field.

Özim
01-01-2014, 01:31 PM
Kinda glad Giroud is injured, it's been frustrating having a forward who offers little or no threat in front of goal and spurs most of the chances he does get. Hopefully Podolski or Bendtner will be an improvement, because let's face it if Giroud hadn't got an injury he would have kept his place regardless of what he did.

The Emirates Gallactico
01-01-2014, 01:35 PM
Podolski has always been a bit poor when he's lead the line up front on his own. And Bendtner ....... the less said the better.

Despite not being at his best the last few weeks, it's foolish to think that losing Giroud is anything other than a massive blow to us given our current resources.

Szcehny

Sagna
BFG
Kos
Monreal

Arteta
Santi
Wilshere

Theo (if fit, otherwise Gnabry)
Rosicky

Podolski

Got a bad feeling Wenger will start Bendtner ahead of Podolski though. Anyway, will take a scrappy 1 - 0 of Jack's arse given our injury situation.

Alpha
01-01-2014, 01:48 PM
How starting Bendtner is a bad feeling ? If Giroud is injured , the only player who is close to his physical ability is Bendtner . Fans should learn to like him and support him as long as he is pulling an Arsenal jersey .

Munchies
01-01-2014, 01:51 PM
Bendnter offers no runs upfront, you have to spam 100s of crosses in the hope he's near it .

Giroud, whilst not as prolific as we need is far better, holds the ball up well and links play.

Xhaka Can’t
01-01-2014, 01:52 PM
I'm at the game so will provide support. It doesn't mean I'm not fucking embarrassed that the useless lazy narcissistic scrote still wears our shirt.

GP
01-01-2014, 01:54 PM
Pretty sure he'll be on the bench.

Munchies
01-01-2014, 01:59 PM
Early team news, he's on the bench . Pods starting then I guess

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
01-01-2014, 02:07 PM
Not sure why we have to like Bendtner. He's pretty much pledged to never play for us again before basically admitting he's only putting a shift in to make absolute sure he secures his best move away from us.

I don't begrudge him the latter but it is an arrangement of convenience and necessity and nothing more.

McNamara That Ghost...
01-01-2014, 02:09 PM
Arsenal: Szczesny, Sagna, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Monreal, Arteta, Flamini, Wilshere, Walcott, Cazorla, Podolski.
Subs: Fabianski, Vermaelen, Jenkinson, Rosicky, Ryo, Gnabry, Bendtner.

Master Splinter
01-01-2014, 02:09 PM
Arsenal team: Szczesny, Sagna, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Monreal, Arteta, Flamini, Wilshere, Walcott, Cazorla, Podolski

Subs: Fabianski, Vermaelen, Jenkinson, Rosicky, Ryo, Gnabry, Bendtner

McNamara That Ghost...
01-01-2014, 02:10 PM
Arsenal: Szczesny, Sagna, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Monreal, Arteta, Flamini, Wilshere, Walcott, Cazorla, Podolski.
Subs: Fabianski, Vermaelen, Jenkinson, Rosicky, Ryo, Gnabry, Bendtner.

Cardiff: Marshall; McNaughton, Caulker, Turner, John; Whittingham, Medel, Kim, Noone, Mutch; Campbell.

Master Splinter
01-01-2014, 02:14 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bc5kCmACMAEZU2Q.jpg:large

Wenget :bow:.

Munchies
01-01-2014, 02:14 PM
433 ?

KSE Comedy Club
01-01-2014, 02:16 PM
Not sure why we have to like Bendtner. He's pretty much pledged to never play for us again before basically admitting he's only putting a shift in to make absolute sure he secures his best move away from us.

I don't begrudge him the latter but it is an arrangement of convenience and necessity and nothing more.exactly
Bendtner doesn't play for the shirt anymore. He's playing to try and justify his excessive wage demands.

Can't stand the fucker, and he's pretty shite too!

KSE Comedy Club
01-01-2014, 02:18 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bc5kCmACMAEZU2Q.jpg:large

Wenget :bow:.
There he is, the nutty old bastard, :lol:

He's the main man ;)

KSE Comedy Club
01-01-2014, 02:19 PM
Let's hope Jacks awake for this game.

Time to put some effort in for 90 mins lad.

Injury Time
01-01-2014, 02:32 PM
Let's hope Jacks awake for this game.

Time to put some effort in for 90 mins lad.

He'll still be off his tits from NYE party, couple of pro plus and a line he'll be almost at 90% jog :good:

KSE Comedy Club
01-01-2014, 02:40 PM
streams asap please

milla
01-01-2014, 02:45 PM
lol this will be a sluggish game. Midfield three of Arteta, Flamini and Jack :lol:

Munchies
01-01-2014, 02:52 PM
streams asap please

http://www.thearsenalforum.com/live.html

10 flash streams on there.

1 is decent

McNamara That Ghost...
01-01-2014, 02:58 PM
Come on Arsenal. :bow:

Munchies
01-01-2014, 02:59 PM
COYG

Penguin
01-01-2014, 03:00 PM
Chance for Nacho to redeem himself after the shocker against City

McNamara That Ghost...
01-01-2014, 03:02 PM
Not a great start from BFG.

McNamara That Ghost...
01-01-2014, 03:02 PM
Poldi follows suit. :lol:

McNamara That Ghost...
01-01-2014, 03:04 PM
Cazorla Hollywood ball. :bow:

McNamara That Ghost...
01-01-2014, 03:06 PM
Cazorla going for the Hollywood again, ball skips away for a goalkick, again.

KSE Comedy Club
01-01-2014, 03:06 PM
http://www.thearsenalforum.com/live.html

10 flash streams on there.

1 is decent
:tiphat:

Penguin
01-01-2014, 03:08 PM
"It's been two years since Arsenal have lost a game that Mertesacker and Koscielny have both started and finished a match in the league"
:bow:

McNamara That Ghost...
01-01-2014, 03:09 PM
Cazorla scroting it up.

Penguin
01-01-2014, 03:10 PM
Good movement by Theo but this time Arteta overhits the ball over the top to him

McNamara That Ghost...
01-01-2014, 03:13 PM
Theo on the volley but wide.

Munchies
01-01-2014, 03:14 PM
ooo close from Feo

Penguin
Great ball by Wilshere but poor contact by Theo... side netting

McNamara That Ghost...
Freekick to us, dangerous area.

Flamini. :bow:

Munchies
01-01-2014, 03:15 PM
good buildup from Santi there, FK to us

Penguin
Sagna walks up to take it :lol:

...straight at the wall. What a waste <_<

McNamara That Ghost...
Sagna hits the wall. :lol:

Munchies
01-01-2014, 03:16 PM
why is Sagna taking FKs ? :lol:

Let Pods !

McNamara That Ghost...
01-01-2014, 03:17 PM
Cazorla. :cloud9:

Master Splinter
01-01-2014, 03:17 PM
That was a terrible cross.

McNamara That Ghost...
01-01-2014, 03:18 PM
Cazorla shoots but wide. Way wide.

Penguin
01-01-2014, 03:18 PM
Better from us, good strike from Cazorla with his left but it drifts wide

mkkreuk
01-01-2014, 03:19 PM
Cazorla shoots just wide.

Niall_Quinn
01-01-2014, 03:24 PM
Dull.

Penguin
01-01-2014, 03:24 PM
:yawn:

McNamara That Ghost...
01-01-2014, 03:25 PM
Wilshere goes down, nothing given.

Munchies
01-01-2014, 03:25 PM
clear pen ffs !!

McNamara That Ghost...
01-01-2014, 03:26 PM
Come on Theo.

LDG
01-01-2014, 03:26 PM
Another nailed on pen not given. Fucking joke.

Penguin
01-01-2014, 03:27 PM
Wilshere goes down like a sack of spuds. No contact but he did impede Wilshere... penalty? :unsure:

Good play from Theo but shoots over

Master Splinter
01-01-2014, 03:28 PM
Another nailed on pen not given. Fucking joke.

Stop complaining about refs who are standing two metres away from the action and get the decision horrendously wrong.

McNamara That Ghost...
01-01-2014, 03:28 PM
BFG. Eek.

McNamara That Ghost...
01-01-2014, 03:29 PM
We're tempting Cardiff to put one in.

McNamara That Ghost...
What the hell? :haha:

Munchies
Stop complaining about refs who are standing two metres away from the action and get the decision horrendously wrong.

He's a fucking fat useless cunt . Fucking bastard. Clear pen.

McNamara That Ghost...
01-01-2014, 03:30 PM
Theo shoots but wide. :banghead:

KSE Comedy Club
01-01-2014, 03:31 PM
What was mertz booked for?

Penguin
01-01-2014, 03:31 PM
Lovely footwork from Santi :cloud9:

Wasted by Theo

JonasTC
01-01-2014, 03:32 PM
Can our players pls start hitting the goal when they shoot? :s

LDG
01-01-2014, 03:33 PM
Fat fucking cunt that ref.

mkkreuk
01-01-2014, 03:33 PM
What was mertz booked for?

Pulled back Campbell.

McNamara That Ghost...
01-01-2014, 03:34 PM
Good play Wheelchair, shot charged down.

Zak
01-01-2014, 03:35 PM
No need for Arteta and Flamini for this game.

Should have given Gnabry a start at LW and put Cazorla in the middle.

Globalgunner
01-01-2014, 03:36 PM
Looks like Wilshere trod on the ball and went down. Not sure it was a pen

We are not playing well btw

Power n Glory
01-01-2014, 03:36 PM
No need for Arteta and Flamini for this game.

Should have given Gnabry a start at LW and put Cazorla in the middle.

Exactly what I thought when I saw the line up!

LDG
01-01-2014, 03:37 PM
Odds on a BFG red card at some point today?

Munchies
01-01-2014, 03:37 PM
http://i.imgur.com/AxiS44E.gif

mkkreuk
01-01-2014, 03:38 PM
Looks like Wilshere trod on the ball and went down. Not sure it was a pen

We are not playing well btw

Don't know what you're smoking, but it was a blatant foul.

GP
01-01-2014, 03:38 PM
http://i.imgur.com/AxiS44E.gif

Stonewall

McNamara That Ghost...
01-01-2014, 03:40 PM
Bit all over the place really.

Munchies
01-01-2014, 03:40 PM
Arteta/Flamini have never played well together.

JonasTC
01-01-2014, 03:41 PM
Thats 4 clear pens we havent been given in the last 5 games :s

McNamara That Ghost...
01-01-2014, 03:42 PM
Noone. :lol:

I don't really like Flamini being so high up the field, he isn't good enough on the ball.

Munchies
01-01-2014, 03:44 PM
Solsjkaer ... fuck it I'm off :lol:

McNamara That Ghost...
01-01-2014, 03:46 PM
Gah Theo and Poldi. Shoot!

Penguin
01-01-2014, 03:48 PM
Podolski plays too slow. More one touch stuff please!

LDG
Bollocks

McNamara That Ghost...
0-0 HT. That wasn't much fun.

GP
Not great but should easily be leading.

Theo has been very wasteful.

Munchies
Crap half.

Fucking fat cunt ref doesn't give a clear pen.

Niall_Quinn
01-01-2014, 03:49 PM
All pitter patter and zero threat. Second gear. But should nick it. Podolski to batter one in.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
01-01-2014, 03:49 PM
Shite

Globalgunner
01-01-2014, 03:50 PM
You have to admire our philosophy of , if it doesn't work for the millionth time, just keep doing the same thing.

Master Splinter
01-01-2014, 03:51 PM
Poor decisions and finishing in the final third by everyone. Should be 3-0 up.

Flamini has been woeful. There's no need for him when we have most of the ball anyway, so get Gnabry on.

Wilshere having a really good game today.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
01-01-2014, 03:53 PM
Why are we playing 2 DM's at home against a newly promoted team?

LDG
01-01-2014, 03:54 PM
Early season we made use of the width of the pitch, and got the ball out to the wings so much quicker. There's acres out there being wasted by this constant need to cut back inside and play square along the line.

Zak
01-01-2014, 03:55 PM
Cardiff creating a few good opportunities on the break. We need to change something at half time.

Our full backs are useless at attacking. They just turn back and pass it into midfield on so many occasions.

Munchies
01-01-2014, 03:57 PM
0 shots on target against Cardiff at home in that half

:lol:

Penguin
01-01-2014, 03:58 PM
Wilshere had a good half, hungry for the ball and driving us forward. Unlucky not to win a penalty too. Theo wasted several opportunities and didn't even hit them on target to test their goalkeeper.

The tempo of our play was poor. Snails pace. There's no urgency at all but I expect that to change after the break.

JonasTC
01-01-2014, 04:00 PM
I still think we'll get a couple of goals, theese bottom table teams always fights their ass off, but when they start getting tired in the end, thats when we usually punish them.

McNamara That Ghost...
01-01-2014, 04:04 PM
Come on Arsenal. :bow:

McNamara That Ghost...
01-01-2014, 04:06 PM
Scuffed outside of the boot pass from Wilshere.

Slacker
01-01-2014, 04:06 PM
We sometimes struggle against struggling teams in pub game weather - it's a big leveller. This ref concerns me - he's given every 50/50 to them and has let a few things go where they've clearly fouled our guys but when the boot's on the other foot he's got a hair trigger whistle. As someone said earlier Merts is a good punt for an early shower. They will be playing on that and the ref will be on their side. I hope we can get our shit together early and get out of the blocks with a goal.

McNamara That Ghost...
01-01-2014, 04:07 PM
Sagna hits it, wide. Should have left it for Cazorla, not that it'd have been easy for him to score.

KSE Comedy Club
01-01-2014, 04:08 PM
Why as wrong with wilshere? He seems so off the pace.

LDG
No fucker bought their shooting boots. Fucksake

McNamara That Ghost...
Unleash the hammer, Poldi!

McNamara That Ghost...
01-01-2014, 04:10 PM
Poldi scuffer. Corner.

KSE Comedy Club
01-01-2014, 04:11 PM
Poldi's getting swamped everytime he wants to shoot.

He's no good as a central striker

McNamara That Ghost...
01-01-2014, 04:11 PM
Good save from Monreal.

McNamara That Ghost...
01-01-2014, 04:12 PM
Turner booked. Run at him!

McNamara That Ghost...
01-01-2014, 04:13 PM
BFG the auxilliary striker. :bow:

Penguin
01-01-2014, 04:13 PM
Theo :bow:

McNamara That Ghost...
01-01-2014, 04:16 PM
Poldi and Theo both miss it. :doh:

KSE Comedy Club
01-01-2014, 04:16 PM
This is stupid, poldi should be the one shooting not setting up other players in the box ffs

Munchies
01-01-2014, 04:17 PM
ffs

McNamara That Ghost...
Marshall booked for wasting time.

Penguin
Who's on our bench?

Munchies
BFG ?!?!?

WTF

Master Splinter
01-01-2014, 04:18 PM
Wilshere's best game of the season probably.

Just the finish missing to our moves.

LDG
Fuckin hell boys. This is shit.

McNamara That Ghost...
Medel off, Gunnarsson on.

McNamara That Ghost...
01-01-2014, 04:19 PM
WTF Poldi?

Munchies
01-01-2014, 04:19 PM
Change something Wenger ffs

Zak
01-01-2014, 04:20 PM
Flamini and Podokski have been shit today

Penguin
01-01-2014, 04:20 PM
Apparently Rosicky and Bendtner are getting ready to come on.

Globalgunner
01-01-2014, 04:21 PM
What does it say about Cardiff that their record signing is a shite Tiote wannabe like Gary Medel.

McNamara That Ghost...
Walcott cross in, prodded away for a throw-in.

Munchies
Bedntner coming on :haha:

FFS

McNamara That Ghost...
Wheelchair smacks the post!

GP
Wilshere has had a really good game.

Penguin
Wilshere off the post!
Great effort

Master Splinter
01-01-2014, 04:22 PM
Sir Jack :bow:.

He's back!

Again.

Hopefully.

Penguin
01-01-2014, 04:22 PM
Bendtner and Rosicky on.

Come on Arsenal :pray:

Munchies
01-01-2014, 04:23 PM
Get the fuck up, timewasting fat cunt

McNamara That Ghost...
01-01-2014, 04:23 PM
Jordan Munch injured apparently.

KSE Comedy Club
01-01-2014, 04:24 PM
Who else went off? Flamini and ???

McNamara That Ghost...
BFG free header, wide.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
Bendtner and Rosicky on.

Come on Arsenal :pray:

what?....Bendtner on for Podolski?....is Wenger mentally ill?

Master Splinter
BFG :doh:.

Munchies
ffs, thought that was going in :(

Penguin
01-01-2014, 04:25 PM
Powerful header from Mertesacker just wide. Come on! :(

Penguin
01-01-2014, 04:25 PM
what?....Bendtner on for Podolski?....is Wenger mentally ill?

Pods has been a bit shite tbf

Munchies
01-01-2014, 04:26 PM
Again !!! fffsssss

McNamara That Ghost...
BFG heads wide again!

LDG
Fucksake!!!!

Master Splinter
Visions of CSKA coming back.

Penguin
Merts wide again, off the outside of the post this time. He can't believe he's missed, head in his hands

Munchies
That hit the post on replay

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
01-01-2014, 04:27 PM

difference between having a shit game and being shit....Bendtner is the latter

KSE Comedy Club

Not his fault tbh.

1. He can't play as a central striker on his own, he's better coming in from out wide.
2. Everyone seems to keep wanting him to lay the ball off for them to shoot instead of setting him up.

JonasTC
Have we hit the goal yet?

McNamara That Ghost...
01-01-2014, 04:28 PM
Wilshere. :lol:

Munchies
01-01-2014, 04:28 PM
Tbf to Bednter he's playing decent so far

gunnerrrrr
01-01-2014, 04:29 PM
did i read that right...1 shot on target from us all game!?!?!

McNamara That Ghost...
01-01-2014, 04:30 PM
Cazorla with a deflected shot, Marshall saves.

Penguin
01-01-2014, 04:30 PM
did i read that right...1 shot on target from us all game!?!?!

It's not for the lack of chances. We've been so wasteful today.

Munchies
01-01-2014, 04:31 PM
Arsenal: 16 attempts, 1 on target, 0 goals.

:haha: Dreadful

McNamara That Ghost...
01-01-2014, 04:32 PM
Freekick to us.

Come on. :pray:

Munchies
01-01-2014, 04:32 PM
Wilshere has been the best player for us.

Gets a FK in a good spot

McNamara That Ghost...
01-01-2014, 04:33 PM
Theo chips it over.

Penguin
01-01-2014, 04:33 PM
Theo beats the wall but it drifts over

McNamara That Ghost...
01-01-2014, 04:37 PM
Campbell off, Maynard on.

LDG
:banghead:

McNamara That Ghost...
Kim. :lol:

Penguin
01-01-2014, 04:38 PM
Arteta :doh:

Globalgunner
01-01-2014, 04:39 PM
Cardiff looking more likely to score than us. We are shite and suicidal

KSE Comedy Club
01-01-2014, 04:40 PM
This is incredibly frustrating.

Cardiff have been pretty good defensively but we are shite up front.

Too much passing in and around the 6 yard box again. We need to be a lot sharper than this ffs.

McNamara That Ghost...
Bendy. :doh:

McNamara That Ghost...
Marshall saves from Rosicky. :(

McNamara That Ghost...
01-01-2014, 04:42 PM
Cazorla shoots, a blocked one though.

GP
01-01-2014, 04:43 PM
ffs

McNamara That Ghost...
FFS Theo.

Master Splinter
Theo :doh:.

WTF?

Penguin
What was that, Theo? :lol:

gunnerrrrr
moron

Özim
01-01-2014, 04:44 PM
Oh dear.

JonasTC
01-01-2014, 04:45 PM
YEEEEESSSS!!!!!

Munchies
OMG!!!

McNamara That Ghost...
BENDTNER!!!!

GP
Phew

Master Splinter
DENNIS!!!!!!!!!!!

Penguin
BENDTNER!!!!

gunnerrrrr
Bendtner you sexy bastard

Özim
01-01-2014, 04:46 PM
Cometh the hour cometh the man!

KSE Comedy Club
Yeeeeesssssss!!!!!

Fuckin bendtner you cunt!!!!

Power n Glory
Thank you!!!!

Letters
01-01-2014, 04:47 PM
Cometh the hour cometh the man!
:lol:

:patrice:

McNamara That Ghost...
Bendtner's last kick for us? Vermaelen on.

LDG
:woohoo:

Penguin
All is forgiven. Dennis :bow:

GP
01-01-2014, 04:48 PM
5 mins :lol:

KSE Comedy Club
Now he's injured.

Were fucked unless wenger can buy a striker this week

McNamara That Ghost...
Five added minutes. Eek.

KSE Comedy Club
5 fuckin mins!!!????

McNamara That Ghost...
01-01-2014, 04:49 PM
THEO!!!!!

Master Splinter
Theo!!!!!!!!!!

Penguin
FEOOOO

GP
And breathe...

LDG
THEOOOOOII!!!!

Özim
Now he's injured.

Were fucked unless wenger can buy a striker this week

Sure are!

http://metro.co.uk/2014/01/01/2013-goes-out-with-a-bang-as-giant-rubber-duck-suddenly-bursts-4246258/

Letters
5 fuckin mins!!!????
Must have been all the throw ins when the ref stopped his watch.

GP
01-01-2014, 04:50 PM
Brilliant play by Wilshere again

KSE Comedy Club
We've had less stoppages in this game than vs chavs.
How the fuck do they work out 5 mins????

THHHEEEEEOOOoOOOO!!!!!

GP

:haha:

McNamara That Ghost...
We want six, we want six.

Master Splinter
Wilshere gets a lovely assist for his superb performance :bow:.

KSE Comedy Club
01-01-2014, 04:51 PM

:haha:

Özim

Spot on, told you I was sure the ref stopped their watches for them.

You guys need to stop complaining about injury time.

Özim
We've had less stoppages in this game than vs chavs.
How the fuck do they work out 5 mins????

THHHEEEEEOOOoOOOO!!!!!

Throw ins. :coffee:

McNamara That Ghost...
01-01-2014, 04:53 PM
2-0 FT! Top of the league. :bow:

Another scroted win.

LDG
YESSSSSS!!!!

KSE Comedy Club
Yes!!!! Back to the top

And a brilliant save by Ches to keep them out!

GP
01-01-2014, 04:54 PM
And I quote "lovely stuff".

Not my words, Michael, the words of Shakin Stevens.

LDG
01-01-2014, 04:55 PM
My fingernails have all but gone :(