PDA

View Full Version : Liverpool vs Arsenal Sat 8th Feb 12.45 BTSport aka Bloodzeed

Pages : [1] 2

milla
02-02-2014, 06:01 PM
Put on your seat belt, tighten your ass and man the feck up. It's a squeaky bum time. :coffee:

Niall_Quinn
02-02-2014, 06:02 PM
Just pass to Kolo all the time.

Zak
02-02-2014, 06:04 PM
Monreal can't play in this game. Sterling will rip him to pieces with his pace.

milla
02-02-2014, 06:05 PM
Just pass to Kolo all the time.

Kolo is an important asset to this team. :coffee:

Marc Overmars
02-02-2014, 06:05 PM
Excited but also very nervous about the month ahead. :sick:

Liverpool are a different prospect at Anfield these days but we've got a good record against them and should go for it. Hope we aren't negative and opt for a containment job.

Master Splinter
02-02-2014, 06:32 PM
Hope we aren't negative and opt for a containment job.

This is the most important thing. It's always obvious how one of our big games are going to pan out from Wenget's team selection and how we play in the first ten minutes. At least Oxlade has put himself in a prime position to start, so that's a positive. Even with some big players out, it's encouraging that it's quite difficult to pick the right team. Gibbs has to play though. It will be high-energy and quick-paced. Monreal can get overrun. And Gibbs has barely put a foot wrong all season. I hope Wenfer has been resting him slightly rather than demoting him because the stats showed he made a pass at an incorrect angle.

Szczesny

Sagna
BFG
Koscielny
Gibbs

Arteta
Rosicky
Oxlade

Ozil
Giroud
Cazorla/Gnabry

1-1 (Sturridge, Cazorla).

Let's go Gunners :scarf:.

Shaqiri Is Boss
02-02-2014, 06:33 PM
We better hadn't play Kolo.

We better fucking hadn't play Kolo.

The Emirates Gallactico
02-02-2014, 06:40 PM
FFS Agent Kolo exposed himself a game too early. :(

Would be amazing for him to start in this but even Rodgers probably knows better now.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
02-02-2014, 10:30 PM
0-3

Draxler hattrick

AFC Leveller
03-02-2014, 07:26 AM
As much as we'd love to win this and boost morale, a draw wouldnt be too bad as long as we beat Man ure at our place. 4 points from our next two games would be great but six would be cumtastic.

Liverpool dont lose many at home and have two goal scorers. Our high line could also be an issue because ive seen Sturridge make some really good well times runs so we need to be careful.

AFC Leveller
03-02-2014, 07:30 AM
Off topic but WTF is up with AW and his coat zip? everytime!

pmakgreb
03-02-2014, 08:19 AM
Is jack back for this game or is keeping him on v coventry when he hurt his ankle costing us his services for the next few tough games?

IBK
03-02-2014, 10:28 AM
I think we need to be positive with this one. Sitting back ain't clever with their strikeforce and their defence is shite.

fakeyank
03-02-2014, 10:15 PM
As much as we'd love to win this and boost morale, a draw wouldnt be too bad as long as we beat Man ure at our place. 4 points from our next two games would be great but six would be cumtastic.

Liverpool dont lose many at home and have two goal scorers. Our high line could also be an issue because ive seen Sturridge make some really good well times runs so we need to be careful.

Kinda glad Flamini is injured for this. Makes sure we will not play with two defensive midfielders. We should not play a high line and make sure we have Rosicky or Wilshere starting to move defense to attack real quick.

A win would be jizztastic!

AFC Leveller
04-02-2014, 07:53 AM
and please AW no Wheelchair or outwide. (reminds me of the City game where he was awfull and completly dominated by Zapaleta).

milla
04-02-2014, 11:49 AM
Off topic but WTF is up with AW and his coat zip? everytime!

Nike advert, he got paid a lot of that.

Özil's Panoramic View
04-02-2014, 01:13 PM
The double over these victims is certainly on.

1-3.

#COYG :scarf:

Master Splinter
04-02-2014, 01:20 PM
Mignolet, Kolo (:bow:) and Stevie Me are all spinal weaknesses that we have to take advantage of. Even if Kolo doesn't play, Squirtle or Sakho are quite oafish and hopefully Oxo/Gnabry/Mesut Hleb/Cazorla run at them. We never seem to take advantage of obvious flaws in our opponents, which is annoying.

I'm sure they'll come at us 100mph from the start. We're not so convincing when we go a goal down, so hopefully we can weather the initial surge and take control as we did at Anfield last season and in the 2-0.

I am invisible
04-02-2014, 05:44 PM
2 nil to The Arsenal to put us 11 clear of Liverpool, and 18 ahead of RVC, who will lose again...

Munchies
05-02-2014, 02:22 PM
Ches

Sagna
Kosc
BFG
Gibbs

Arteta
Wilshere

Cazorla
Ozil
Gnabry

Giroud

Marc Overmars
05-02-2014, 02:27 PM
Liverpool will win 3-2.

Munchies
05-02-2014, 02:32 PM
Liverpool will win 3-2.

They're shit though. Keep their front 2 quiet, and you'll win.

I'm fairly confident we got this.

The Emirates Gallactico
05-02-2014, 02:35 PM
Podolski didn't cover himself in too much glory against Palace and probably confirmed Wenger's suspicions about him. Don't think he'll start.

Chesney

Sagna
BFG
Kos
Monreal

Arteta
Wilshere
Ozil

Ox
Santi
Giroud

Subs: Fabianski, TV5, Gibbs, Zealem, Gnarby, Podolski, Bendtner

Niall_Quinn
05-02-2014, 02:41 PM
Would definitely play Gibbs ahead of Monreal. We need his pace both at the back and going forward.

GP
05-02-2014, 02:53 PM
0-3

AFC Leveller
05-02-2014, 03:11 PM
Yeah i agree re Gibbs. Sterling has pace to burn and makes Theo like runs al game so we need pace to counter it. Montreal is solid and better going forward but Gibbs for me is better suited to high energy games.

fakeyank
05-02-2014, 05:15 PM
Ches

Sagna
Kosc
BFG
Gibbs

Arteta
Wilshere

Cazorla
Ozil
Gnabry

Giroud

No Ox? :unsure:

I'd play him instead of Gnabry.

Niall_Quinn
05-02-2014, 06:02 PM
Liverpool will win 3-2.

no

Shaqiri Is Boss
05-02-2014, 06:34 PM
4-0.

Suarez, Sturridge x2, Sterling.

Definitely happening.

Syn
05-02-2014, 07:10 PM
2-1 home win.

Niall_Quinn
05-02-2014, 07:12 PM
4-0.

Suarez, Sturridge x2, Sterling.

Definitely happening.

no

Niall_Quinn
05-02-2014, 07:13 PM
2-1 home win.

Also incorrect.

Syn
05-02-2014, 07:14 PM
Also incorrect.

We won't win this NQ.

Niall_Quinn
05-02-2014, 07:24 PM
We won't win this NQ.

It's an absolute banker. Put your house on it.

IBK
05-02-2014, 08:59 PM
Truly - Liverpool have been over hyped. We have been under hyped. Fancy a result at Anfield. Its the Etihad; Old Trafford and Stamford Bridge that is our mental block.

Niall_Quinn
05-02-2014, 09:08 PM
Its the Etihad; Old Trafford and Stamford Bridge that is our mental block.

9 points from those guaranteed. Bet your wife on it.

Niall_Quinn
05-02-2014, 09:08 PM
I bet mine, btw :pray:

AFC Leveller
06-02-2014, 10:41 AM
1-2.

Munchies
06-02-2014, 11:15 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BfyVDZqIAAAgNz8.jpg

:bow:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRoS_YhsL68

Marc Overmars
06-02-2014, 11:23 AM
The defending in that match was so bad, from both sides.

Xhaka Can’t
06-02-2014, 12:06 PM
It was shocking.

Shaqiri Is Boss
06-02-2014, 12:13 PM
Sounds like Kolo could well be starting.

:ilt:

Syn
06-02-2014, 01:01 PM
Liverpool Team News: Defenders D. Agger, G. Johnson, Enrique and Sakho all to miss Saturday's visit of Arsenal. #lfc #AFC

:lol:

What's the back four going to be?

Flanagan, Toure, Sktrl, Cissoko ?

Krishen
06-02-2014, 01:09 PM
Afternoon boys and girls!

Richard has kindly allowed me (a Liverpool fan!!) to join the forum.

I write for a website called The Tomkins Times, and each game we do a preview with stats, analysis, tactical analysis even gifs of past goals.
Part of the preview is asking the opposition fans their opinion of the up coming game and how much they think they will lose to us by :music:

Hopefully you guys will be able to help out!

Cheers

Krish

Shaqiri Is Boss
06-02-2014, 01:12 PM
Liverpool Team News: Defenders D. Agger, G. Johnson, Enrique and Sakho all to miss Saturday's visit of Arsenal. #lfc #AFC

:lol:

What's the back four going to be?

Flanagan, Toure, Sktrl, Cissoko ?

Yep. Unless Rodgers is bluffing.

Flanagan probably won't be a problem on the right I don't think; he gets beat easily but because he "never gives up" he often recovers, and runs for a loose ball when most wouldn't saving a good few corners or throw ins. I seem to remember even your fans gave him a good reception earlier in the season because of it.
Cissokho's an idiot who will look to get forward whenever he can. He's thought of as a speedy-type, but tends to need the entire length of the pitch to get going. He has improved a little recently, but is still a bit crap and will panic if you press him since his first touch is about level with Kuyt's. What he does do well is cutting out crosses, but I'm not sure how much of that you guys do.
Skrtel will depend on what day he's having. On a good one he's as solid as anyone, on a bad day he will be panicky and dozy.
Kolo you know about. Frankly I'd rather play Kelly there, but I can't see it happening.

I'm not too confident about our midfield either, so we might just go for the "we'll score one more" route...

Xhaka Can’t
06-02-2014, 01:17 PM
I think we'll beat you by a safety.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

GP
06-02-2014, 01:19 PM
Just give the ball to Kolo.

Krishen
06-02-2014, 01:27 PM
· How has your season gone so far and where do you expect or hope to finish?
· How do you feel about Wenger regarding recent transfers and recent lack of trophies?
· What is your opinion of LFC's season so far and where do you think we will finish?
· Which of your players should we look out for?
· Which LFC player(s) are you least happy about facing?
· What do you think your probable line-up will be and how do you expect to set up tactically?
· How do you think you can be successful in this game?
· What is your prediction for the match?

AFC Leveller
06-02-2014, 01:41 PM
I wonder whay lawro will predict?

footloose, the wanderer
06-02-2014, 02:28 PM

· How has your season gone so far and where do you expect or hope to finish?
2nd or 3rd - 1st would be a dream

· How do you feel about Wenger regarding recent transfers and recent lack of trophies?
He's secure coz I don't see anyone better out there that's available - if Chelsea can't buy a top quality striker why would we be able to? Can't do shit about the past unless you've nicked a time machine recently ;)

· What is your opinion of LFC's season so far and where do you think we will finish?
Better than expected - 4th

Any of our attacking midfielders and Giroud against your defenders
Kolo ;)

Suarez and maybe Sturridge

· What do you think your probable line-up will be and how do you expect to set up tactically?
Not my bailiwick - I'm sure our FM "ex spurts" will feed you enough "knowledge"

Our midfield has to cut the supply to Suarez first and foremost, that done Sturridge becomes much less of a secondary threat

Arsenal take the lead ....ends Liverpool 1-2 Arsenal

The Emirates Gallactico
06-02-2014, 02:47 PM
We've got Michael Oliver for this. We had him for the Spurs win (in the PL) and the Utd game.

He's generally quite competent and should be fair to both sides.

Niall_Quinn
06-02-2014, 03:18 PM
I wonder whay lawro will predict?

He'll predict QPR to win it.

fakeyank
06-02-2014, 05:41 PM

I write for a website called The Tomkins Times, and each game we do a preview with stats, analysis, tactical analysis even gifs of past goals.
Part of the preview is asking the opposition fans their opinion of the up coming game and how much they think they will lose to us by :music:

Cheers

Krish

Depends on keeping S&S quite and more importantly, if Toure is playing.

I think it'll end up being a draw :ilt:

Munchies
06-02-2014, 05:49 PM
Liverpool trio Agger, Johnson & Sakho ruled out of Arsenal clash [Goal]

Kolo will probably play then, :bow:

> Lucas and Enrique are also out.

I am invisible
06-02-2014, 05:51 PM
How has your season gone so far and where do you expect or hope to finish?
Better than expected, although we are pretty much continuing a run that stretches back to last March, so maybe we shouldn't be so shocked? Obviously hope to finish top, but expect to finish 3rd.

I'm a little more irked about the lack of transfer activity than the lack of trophies (which I've never been that fussed about), but I'm happy enough in general. Wenger seems to have been making an effort to address a lot of the ongoing criticisms we've had over recent years (he's freshened up the coaching set-up, seems to be more open to new ideas, there's more focus on defence, more leaders in the side, a much better collective work ethic, more discipline, we're not getting bullied or kicked about any more, there's a better balance between youth and experience, more of a british core, we've shown we're willing to spend big, etc, etc), so all in all I think we're heading in the right direction again. Still a few more problems to address, but all in all it's a pretty exciting time to be an Arsenal fan at the moment - we've quietly been putting the core of a good side together for a couple of seasons now, and we're about to have a lot of new money flood into the club to finish the job.

You're doing great this year, and I think you're a cert for the CL places. Difficult to make a proper assessment while you're not having to play midweek European football though? I think next season will tell us more about what sort of Liverpool side we're now looking at.

Difficult to say really? At the moment, someone new has been stepping up every game when we've needed someone to, so it's quite hard to predict. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Cazorla though, for no particular reason?

Suarez.

Honestly? Whoever's still fit (and with enough experience) will play. And we don't do tactics - everybody knows that.

Same way we've approached most games this season - work hard, keep things tight, and don't let ourselves get too carried away with ourselves. This Arsenal side seems to know that it's not so good that it can afford to take any game lightly, and they seem to be doing better than previous Arsenal sides, who have arguably had more star names, because of it.

All our games are two-nil, so two-nil to The Arsenal.

Munchies
07-02-2014, 12:03 AM
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/02/06/article-2553325-1B3F7E1D00000578-925_634x580.jpg

No worries, Podolski is here :bow:

Seriously, he's such an upbeat player, always smiling and he genuinely likes being here (you may think who wouldn't on £100k+ ) but he makes sure he's always around the club in some manner. Eg I saw an article of him at a reserve game a few weeks back !

McNamara That Ghost...
07-02-2014, 12:52 AM
That ghost in the window. :yikes:

Munchies
07-02-2014, 12:59 AM
That ghost in the window. :yikes:

Holy >!>>!>!>!>

:faint:

selassie
07-02-2014, 08:52 AM
I am fairly confident about this game in the sense that I don't think we'll lose. A point would not be a bad result, 3 points would put out a statement that we mean business.

If we can keep S&S quiet then I think we'll give ourselves a great chance of grabbing 3 points.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
07-02-2014, 01:00 PM
If we sit back like we did against Southampton, we will lose, no if's ands or buts

I don't expect Wilshere to start even if he is fit, so would like to see a midfield of Arteta playing deep, Cazorla and Rosicky in the centre, Ox on the left and Ozil on the right (think Podolski was diabolical against Palace so he should be benched as well)

If we play Monreal at left back i expect us to conceed, he's been atrocious of late and think Gibbs needs to start

The Emirates Gallactico
07-02-2014, 01:32 PM
Fantastic news lads.

Lawro's predicted us to lose.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26068846

McNamara That Ghost...
07-02-2014, 01:48 PM
Man Utd are having a great season.

GP
07-02-2014, 01:53 PM
Monreal has been atrocious?

When?

Munchies
07-02-2014, 02:26 PM
Fantastic news lads.

Lawro's predicted us to lose.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26068846

For the Spuds game:

'Josh's prediction: I know the scoreline I have gone for might affect how I get on against Lawro but, being a Gooner, there is no way I can say Spurs will ever win a game! 0-10 '

:haha:

--
Training today:
http://www.arsenal.com/assets/_files/scaled/822x1000/feb_14/zp_467309467_SM_8504_93_1E9FE7_5649.jpg
http://www.arsenal.com/assets/_files/scaled/1000x745/feb_14/zp_467309467_SM_0591_3A_1E9FCC_5327.jpg
http://www.arsenal.com/assets/_files/scaled/1000x783/feb_14/zp_467309467_SM_8406_42_1E9FDE_3993.jpg

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/51154/arsenal-train-ahead-of-liverpool-match

Niall_Quinn
07-02-2014, 02:43 PM
Provided the back 5 play well for us we should win this. We're better at the back, better in the middle. They have no defence and nothing of note in the middle. They'll be betting everything on Suarez and the wide two. Bottle them up and it's another 3 points. I hope we don't go negative. If we go negative I'm going to shit in my hand and throw it at Wenger.

Syn
07-02-2014, 02:58 PM
Really hoping Jack is 100% fit to start this. Good sign that he's in the training pics. Wenger had him down as a 'maybe'. Gibbs should be back at LB at least.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
07-02-2014, 03:35 PM
Liverpool have a few defenders out but Agger has been a little on the fringes this season and I think Flannagan is actually a promising player.

I don't fancy a point after the euphoria of seeing the Quadruple winners drop points and what is certain to be child's play when they take Norwich to the cleaners.

I really hope Gibbs gets his place back. There are certain pieces of very specific attacking play that Monreal capitalises or maximises better than Gibbs but other than that I see Gibbs as superior in every other way. I'd like to see Rosicky given a start too and though he has been out of the team, he has been fantastic for a while.

I am invisible
07-02-2014, 03:50 PM
Good news! We could have the unimaginable striking power of Yaya Sanogo back soon! He's just come through a whole 60 minutes with the U21s.

LANS :bow:

pmakgreb
07-02-2014, 04:08 PM
i would expect the following to start
Ches, Sagna, Kos, Mert, Gibbs, Arteta, Wilshere, ozil, Cazorla, Giroud, Ox (maybe rosicky in place of ox).

I feel this game could be make or break. Think of the statement it would send out if we win, 6 points from the next 2 games not only would give us a massive boost but also send out a message to city and chelsea that we will not give up easily. Unfortunately its these games that more than often send us into a downward spiral for a few weeks then pick up again when the title is gone. You get the feeling if we lose then the utd game on wednesday becomes crucial and we do seem to crumble in those crucial games. Id take 4 points now and even 3 points would be acceptable. anything less and we will be chasing city and chelsea. I fear more for the games in March as they are against better quality than utd and liverpool. If we are top come that tough run of games in march then a defeat against one of them wont be critical but it depends on us getting at least 3/4 points this week.

probably 1-1 though i can see liverpool having one of those performances where everything goes right. If we play the way we did v southampton then the game will be over at HT. Play the way we can and we will get a draw at least.

Niall_Quinn
07-02-2014, 04:29 PM
Why are we scared of Liverpool and Utd? We are better than them in every department, excluding Suarez. We've shut him down before and can do it again. We have the best defenders in the country. We should go into both these games expecting to take 3 points. The table tells us this is a different season and a different mentality to previous years. The real challenges come against the chavs and the gypos, those will be tests. These next two games, what's the big deal? We've been beating teams like this all season. The earlier results against Utd was an epic fluke. A flu-ridden team against a fully fit opposition who play like they have flu, it evened things up. And they still needed our ex-player to shoulder one in, they had nothing of their own making on the pitch that was worth a mention.

milla
07-02-2014, 04:32 PM
Why are we scared of Liverpool and Utd? We are better than them in every department, excluding Suarez. We've shut him down before and can do it again. We have the best defenders in the country. We should go into both these games expecting to take 3 points. The table tells us this is a different season and a different mentality to previous years. The real challenges come against the chavs and the gypos, those will be tests. These next two games, what's the big deal? We've been beating teams like this all season. The earlier results against Utd was an epic fluke. A flu-ridden team against a fully fit opposition who play like they have flu, it evened things up. And they still needed our ex-player to shoulder one in, they had nothing of their own making on the pitch that was worth a mention.

NQ full of positive spirit, what a man! :coffee:

Marc Overmars
07-02-2014, 04:53 PM

We won't win either game despite being the better than them.

Niall_Quinn
07-02-2014, 05:49 PM
We won't win either game despite being the better than them.

Keep this up and I won't let you give the pre-match team talk.

Krishen
07-02-2014, 08:07 PM
As a Liverpool fan, I'm crapping it.

If Stevie has an off game in the deep midfield role he's been given this season, you guys could run rings around him.
Skrtel is a worry at times, and Kolo (after starting so well for us) looks like a school boy at times, just running around.
Cissokho is pretty solid defensively, but has no attacking threat (there you go Sagna). Was so bad vs Villa that they didn't even close him down when in possession and used that extra man to mark all his options.

Having said that, if we play like we did vs Everton we can win. If we play like we did vs WBA and Villa, you'll rip us apart.

If you had to chose, would you guys rather win this game or the FA Cup match?

fakeyank
07-02-2014, 08:12 PM
As a Liverpool fan, I'm crapping it.

If Stevie has an off game in the deep midfield role he's been given this season, you guys could run rings around him.
Skrtel is a worry at times, and Kolo (after starting so well for us) looks like a school boy at times, just running around.
Cissokho is pretty solid defensively, but has no attacking threat (there you go Sagna). Was so bad vs Villa that they didn't even close him down when in possession and used that extra man to mark all his options.

Having said that, if we play like we did vs Everton we can win. If we play like we did vs WBA and Villa, you'll rip us apart.

If you had to chose, would you guys rather win this game or the FA Cup match?

PL anytime for me.

McNamara That Ghost...
07-02-2014, 08:13 PM
Has to be a win in this one if I were to choose, we likely won't be first if we don't win this one and we can't keep expecting to give that up and regain it. :lol:

I'm hoping Rosicky starts based on Gerrard playing deep because he is probably our most energetic midfielder (Ramsey would be the second if he weren't dead) and that's going to be a bit of a problem for Gerrard from now on on in his career. However the same could be said about Arteta when he has struggled to combat runners, though he did do it brilliantly against you at the Emirates.

Shaqiri Is Boss
07-02-2014, 08:29 PM
Walcott could probably do a job containing him tbf.

McNamara That Ghost...
07-02-2014, 08:35 PM
Theo. :(

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
07-02-2014, 09:13 PM
Rosicky is very difficult to live with when he is tapping it about in midfield, turning at speed and varying the play. I would play him at the expense of Wilshere....

I would consider letting Ozil play from deep. Liverpool's midfield will be hard working, but little else, unless Coutinho spends enough time there, so I would be happy for Ozil to play there.

---------------Sneezy---------------

Sagna----Merkyl-------KOS-----Gibbs

-------Arteta---------NEMO---------

OXO----------Rosicky--------Cazorla

-----------Olivier Giroud-------------

Letters
07-02-2014, 09:47 PM

Cheers

Krish

Thanks for the preview. This is the preview from the above site of tomorrow's game which Krish has said we can post here.

http://www.goonersweb.co.uk/forum/pdf/LivVsArsPreview.pdf

Extensive!

Krishen
07-02-2014, 10:53 PM
And that's without the 4,000 word tactical analysis that was added tonight!
It's here for those interested. https://www.dropbox.com/s/3q6rvy74ymtsztq/Liv%20vs%20Ars%20Preview.pdf.docx

In a few days there will also be a tactical review (about 5,000 words) and almost immediately after the game, a stats round up and data analysis.

Krishen
07-02-2014, 11:24 PM
A lot of us on the site are students of the game.

One guy has made his own software to scout players that LFC are interested in buying.
One guy works in analytics at a Prem League club.
2 more guys write for the official site.
John W Henry (our owner) is a subscriber and had meetings with Paul Tomkins (site owner and author) before he bought the club.

It's a high brow site. Not everyone's bag of balls, but can't please all the people all of the time.

Niall_Quinn
07-02-2014, 11:51 PM
It's a high brow site. Not everyone's bag of balls, but can't please all the people all of the time.

Some of the more intelligent and polite people here (myself being best example) will appreciate it.

Syn
07-02-2014, 11:52 PM
Don't be twats about it guys. Besides if we didn't love discussing/speculating about football we wouldn't be on here.

Niall_Quinn
07-02-2014, 11:56 PM
Just 12 hrs and 50 mins to go until our first goal in this match.

Munchies
07-02-2014, 11:59 PM
Just 12 hrs and 50 mins to go until our first goal in this match.

:bow:

I thought of posting 12 hours to go, but that's even better.

We should all do this when Kolo gifts us the win:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y438irwXbkA

Kolo, Kolo Kolo Kolo :satan:

Krishen
08-02-2014, 12:10 AM
Cheers Niall and Syn.

Like I said, it's not everyone's thing, but to say it's supposed to be fun is a little dismissive.
Think I wasn't enjoying it when we spanked the Ev 4-0 or spuds 5-0 or beat Utd.

I bet you talk on here about why goals were scored and conceded - "it was because x player wasn't where he should have been" or similar.
Same with us, but it's taken to a more in depth level.

Why did this or that happen in a game. Something to read and understand before/after the game, but during it, it's all about the match.
It's like your car or computer. Some people just use them, others like to know all about them building their own, fixing, modifying, etc. Completely boring to some people but not for others. But if you're into it, it helps you understand so much more of what's happening in a match.

McNamara That Ghost...
08-02-2014, 12:31 AM
I've deleted all the pithy and silly comments.

Munchies
08-02-2014, 12:39 AM
Don't be twats about it guys. Besides if we didn't love discussing/speculating about football we wouldn't be on here.

GW is a way of life tbf. Been lurking on here since late 05/06 :sleep:

But yeah, decent stats you guys are producing :good:

fakeyank
08-02-2014, 06:43 AM
And that's without the 4,000 word tactical analysis that was added tonight!
It's here for those interested. https://www.dropbox.com/s/3q6rvy74ymtsztq/Liv%20vs%20Ars%20Preview.pdf.docx

In a few days there will also be a tactical review (about 5,000 words) and almost immediately after the game, a stats round up and data analysis.

Are you Indian?

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

Letters
08-02-2014, 08:07 AM

If we did that throughout the site there wouldn't be much left :(

Letters
08-02-2014, 08:16 AM
A lot of us on the site are students of the game.
Same here. You can tell that by the way everyone moans their tits off and calls Wenger a c*** every time we drop points.

Injury Time
08-02-2014, 08:30 AM
Don't remember you having a lisp Maccy ;) Anyway this is Liverpools year 4-1, all 5 by Suarez, Arsene to say that this is proof of why we don't need him.

McNamara That Ghost...
08-02-2014, 09:58 AM
I have been losing control of the r, sometimes anyway.

Marc Overmars
08-02-2014, 11:33 AM
Had a really weird and vivid dream we won this 2-4. :lol:

Merts scored twice but I thought I might dreaming when Diaby and Zelalem scored. I definitely knew I was dreaming when Kone scored 2 consolations for Liverpool, the same Kone who plays for Everton. :doh:

Heisenberg
08-02-2014, 11:40 AM
:haha:

edit: absurd as it is, 3 points is 3 points, that'll do nicely :good:

GP
08-02-2014, 11:50 AM
Liverpool: Mignolet, Flanagan, Cissokho, Toure, Skrtel, Gerrard, Henderson, Sterling, Coutinho, Suarez, Sturridge

Munchies
08-02-2014, 11:51 AM
Arsenal: Szczesny, Sagna, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Monreal, Wilshere, Arteta, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Cazorla, Ozil, Giroud

GP
08-02-2014, 11:52 AM
Arsenal: Szczesny, Sagna, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Monreal, Wilshere, Arteta, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Cazorla, Ozil, Giroud

Munchies
08-02-2014, 11:52 AM

Seems the Ox is playing as a RW.

Would've prefered Gibbs however, decent team !

Marc Overmars
08-02-2014, 11:53 AM
Would have played Gibbs personally. I can see Monreal getting pinned back by Sterling.

GP
08-02-2014, 11:58 AM
Monreal has been really good whenever he's played, I think he'll be fine.

Munchies
08-02-2014, 12:00 PM
Monreal is far better than Gibbs offensively.

Defensively I've seen that he's more prone to be caught out of position.

But he's by no means a weak back-up, he's pretty good in his own right.

The Emirates Gallactico
08-02-2014, 12:01 PM
Gibbs aside it's probably the best lineup available at the moment. Suffering that injury really seems to have costed him.

Hope Podolski gets some decent time of the bench and gets a goal or something.

The Emirates Gallactico
08-02-2014, 12:02 PM
Yeah I definitely agree. Similar to how Gibbs couldn't be dropped when he was on that run since the start of the season you can't also drop Monreal either. He hasn't done anything wrong and it just wouldn't be fair to him.

McNamara That Ghost...
08-02-2014, 12:04 PM
Preview on Soccer Saturday in a minute.

selassie
08-02-2014, 12:06 PM
I would have personally had Gibbs and Rosicky in ahead of Monreal & OX. Still in a strong line up though.

Munchies
08-02-2014, 12:08 PM
Liverpool's back 4 for this game is there for the taking.

Maestro
08-02-2014, 12:12 PM
I would have personally had Gibbs and Rosicky in ahead of Monreal & OX. Still in a strong line up though.

agreed, apart from that it is a good side and can't fault wenger for the starting 11. Ox scored twice in the last game and Nacho hasn't really fucked up, so justified selection.

we really should score a few against this Liverpool defence, but we always make it hard for ourselves so here's hoping

COYG

milla
08-02-2014, 12:19 PM
Liverpool's back 4 for this game is there for the taking.

That's what we said about Soton few weeks ago. :coffee:

Munchies
08-02-2014, 12:22 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bf84ucVIYAASqrG.jpg

Agent Cazorla ? :bow:

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
08-02-2014, 12:24 PM
Yeah I definitely agree. Similar to how Gibbs couldn't be dropped when he was on that run since the start of the season you can't also drop Monreal either. He hasn't done anything wrong and it just wouldn't be fair to him.

How about being as weak as piss on the ball, not being able to deal with attacks that come down the right flank, being too slow when coming forward and being unable to do anything without using his left foot.

I would have liked to have seen a lineup that made me think we were serious about winning he game, however that has proved not to be the case.

The Emirates Gallactico
08-02-2014, 12:26 PM
Yeah let's chill out on taking the piss out of Liverpools defence .............. at least until the match is over.

I'm pretty sure Kolo will be out to make up for his mistake from last week not to mention give a good showing against his old club. It's going to be hard to get past him.

Özim
08-02-2014, 12:27 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bf84ucVIYAASqrG.jpg

Agent Cazorla ? :bow:

He's gonna bite him, HE'S GONNA BITE HIM!

The Emirates Gallactico
08-02-2014, 12:31 PM
I'm scared. :upset:

:SJOW:

Munchies
08-02-2014, 12:33 PM
Flash streams if needed, I'm using this one:
http://www.stadium-live.com/Channel2.html

HD one (around 30-40 secs behind though)
http://sportz-hd.eu/

Power n Glory
08-02-2014, 12:37 PM
Rosicky in the middle instead of Wilshere. Can't afford a slow start from Wilshere today. May have been best to ease him back in after injury.

McNamara That Ghost...
08-02-2014, 12:39 PM
Come on Arsenal. :bow:

Munchies
08-02-2014, 12:40 PM
COYG :scarf:

McNamara That Ghost...
08-02-2014, 12:42 PM
Suarez giving Monreal a hug too.

McNamara That Ghost...
08-02-2014, 12:43 PM
Agent Kolo better be working today.

Özim
08-02-2014, 12:44 PM
Wilshere playing, let's hope he's not his usual self and a liability but failing to track back and give the defence protection and giving the ball away simply!

McNamara That Ghost...
08-02-2014, 12:45 PM
Liverpool fans on RAWK would have had me believe we'd be starting the game in a storm. :unsure:

Munchies
08-02-2014, 12:45 PM
Suarez giving Monreal a hug too.

They're like, 'who the fuck are you' :haha:

McNamara That Ghost...
08-02-2014, 12:47 PM
At least we know he has a definite releas clause this time. However no team is going to pay £70 million (assuming that figure is correct) so he's probably messed it up again.

Munchies
08-02-2014, 12:47 PM
Fuck !!!

Özim
08-02-2014, 12:48 PM
FFS!

1-0 Liverpool Skrtel!

McNamara That Ghost...
08-02-2014, 12:48 PM
BFG sorts out Suarez. :bow:

Özim
08-02-2014, 12:49 PM
1 min 23 seconds, nice to see we're up and ready for this game!

Power n Glory
Shit!

McNamara That Ghost...
Oh dear. :lol:

Power n Glory
08-02-2014, 12:50 PM
1 min 23 seconds, nice to see we're up and ready for this game!

It was less than a minute.

WMUG
He was offside as well :doh:

Maestro
sorry no fuckin defending that

they fuck up today and they deserve shit from the fans

buck up an COYG

Shaqiri Is Boss
08-02-2014, 12:51 PM
Think it's the first time we've started quickly and actually scored, against you.

McNamara That Ghost...
Sturridge shoots, Ches saves.

Özim
Sturridge shoots, Chesney saves.

We're going to lose this in the 1st half if we're not careful.

WMUG
08-02-2014, 12:53 PM
sorry no fuckin defending that

they fuck up today and they deserve shit from the fans

buck up an COYGThey did exactly what was needed to stop a goal being scored. Pity the officials didn't spot it.

adzzzbatch
08-02-2014, 12:54 PM
http://i.imgur.com/Nq5Rfzd.png

Maestro
we've officially got the the jitters

McNamara That Ghost...
Mignolet. :haha:

Nearly helped us out.

Shaqiri Is Boss
08-02-2014, 12:55 PM
Mingers you spazzy fuck.

Sort yourself out.

McNamara That Ghost...
08-02-2014, 12:55 PM
Ches denies Flanagan. Eek.

McNamara That Ghost...
08-02-2014, 12:56 PM
2-0 Skrtel again. :doh:

Munchies
FUCK OFF

Özim
2-0 Skrtel we're done for.

Thierrymon
oh dear.

Özim
08-02-2014, 12:57 PM
We've been sh*t, so much for the solid defence.

Power n Glory
That's us over!

Özim
We might get hammered here, if we don't show some sort of fight.

Maestro
08-02-2014, 12:58 PM
fuck em fuck em

set piece, you mark skertel ...how hard can that be????????????????????????????????????

Shaqiri Is Boss
That's us over!

Sadly, no.

Trust me.

McNamara That Ghost...
Sturridge clears one. Should be 3-0.

Munchies
The midfield is non-existant

Should've been 3

Özim
Should have been 3-0.

We're bottling it big time, we've been absolutely awful, shame on Wenger and the players.

Maestro
our defence is all over the place

Thierrymon
08-02-2014, 12:59 PM
WTF is going on. How are they carving us apart so easily? Pathetic

Özim
Could have been 3-0 again.

COME ON FFS YOU BUNCH OF TW*TS!

Özim
our defence is all over the place

Best defence in the world.

McNamara That Ghost...
Suarez annihilates the post, deflects back just wide!

Özim
08-02-2014, 01:00 PM
Suarez hits the post.

Munchies
Holy shit !!

selassie
Getting torn apart here

Özim
Men against boys, no leaders out there whatsoever.

Özim
08-02-2014, 01:01 PM
Could have been 4 or 5 nil by now, we've been lucky it isn't.

RomfordPele
Embarrassing. As well as Liverpool are playing we are shambolic.

McNamara That Ghost...
BFG header across goal, nobody running in far.

Munchies
Where's Ozil again ?

Power n Glory
08-02-2014, 01:02 PM
Need more urgency from the middle and the defence need to wake up. If we can go in at HT 2-1 we stand a chance.

McNamara That Ghost...
08-02-2014, 01:03 PM
3-0 Sterling. :doh:

Özim
3-0 we're getting thrashed.

Thierrymon
Fcuk off

Munchies
That's it.

Gonna be a rout.

:getcoat:

Power n Glory
You fucking pussies!

Maestro
Best defence in the world.

no one ever said that. they have been a very good defence in the league for a whole year tbf, but the whole team is tanking it today. we've been shell shocked and traumatised by Liverpool's start.

we're not winning this and i fear the collapse has begun

3-0 there we go

Özim
Defence all over the place again, this is embarrassing.

Xhaka Can’t
Oh god - can we just give them the FA Cup tie as well?

Özim
08-02-2014, 01:04 PM
Bottlers are bottling it as usual we're going to do our usual collapse just like we do every season...predictable.

selassie
Game over, season over.

The Emirates Gallactico
Off to go and commit suicide.

It's been nice knowing you lads.

Thierrymon
Bully is not happy

Özim
08-02-2014, 01:05 PM
We may as well just go for it now, got nothing to lose, whether we lose 6-0 or 3-0 makes no difference.

BOBN
08-02-2014, 01:05 PM
Not seem anything like this since the time Barca came and should have been 5 up within 15.

Damage limitation time.

Özim
08-02-2014, 01:06 PM
Another big game where we fail to turn up, how many times have we seen that in the last few years.

4-0

McNamara That Ghost...
4-0 Sturridge. Dear god.

Thierrymon
Lost for words.

Power n Glory
Ozil again! We are going to get routed!

Munchies
:crying:

Özim
After 19 mins conceding four goals, total humiliation.

pmakgreb
I did predict this...

Shaqiri Is Boss
08-02-2014, 01:07 PM
Erm.

WTF is going on?

BOBN
Wenger out tbh, if he cant regain order then what can he do?

The Emirates Gallactico
Actually can't believe this.

This must be a dream. Someone tell me I'm dreaming.

It's going to be 10 at this rate. Fucking embarassment.

Maestro
Wenger can fucking go, sorry but he can fucking leave now

Lose yes, but do not fucking get embarrassed like this

The Emirates Gallactico
I'm going to go into hiding for the next month.

Özim
A team playing for the title should never get humbled like this.

Xhaka Can’t
08-02-2014, 01:09 PM
Actually can't believe this.

This must be a dream. Someone tell me I'm dreaming.

It's going to be 10 at this rate. Fucking embarassment.

If it is 10, I doubt I'll bother with the second half.

Mr. Lahey
Arteta - seriously the guy is a pylon and offers nothing as far as protection in the midfield. They are just running straight through us - pathetic performance! Ozil soooooo disappointing!!!

Fucking pussies is right - this lot need to take a look in the mirror!

Özim
Our passing is sh*t as well, are we trying to concede 8 or something?

The Emirates Gallactico
A team playing for the title should never get humbled like this.

Man Utd 1 - 6 Man City

Only positive is that it can only be a three point loss regardless of how much Liverpool score. We were never going to catch up to City's GD's.

Newguy
WTF IS GOING IN!!!

Can someone watching the game tell me what the fuck is happening

fakeyank
Remember how some of us were fuming that Arsenal never turn up in the first half... this is another instance of that. Only difference is that Liverpool have turned up. Fucking disgrace!

Best defense in the league, my arse! :haha:

Maestro
08-02-2014, 01:10 PM
Bully is not happy

Bully is not happy? Bully is not fuckin happy ....fuck that WE ARE ALL NOT FUCKING HAPPY WITH THIS SHIT

Niall_Quinn
I did tell the lads in defence they had to be on their game today. But I forgot to remind them they needed to turn up. Any team could be 4 up here the defending is that bad. Gibbs should have played of course, that much was obvious.

The only consolation we could get here now is if Owen choked.

Globalgunner
It has always been an Arsenal trait that when the ball is lost in midfield, the whole team goes into stasis shock, inevitably a goal is the result. We are in for a hiding here. Where is the old chap that can't even sort out his zipper, he needs to start earning his money here

Özim
Wenger just sitting on his arse watching, surely he needs to try to change something FFS, isn't that his job?

gunnerrrrr
08-02-2014, 01:11 PM
Wenger just sitting on his arse watching, surely he needs to try to change something FFS, isn't that his job?

Wenger is a dinosaur in the modern game....his time is done.

Darknight02
08-02-2014, 01:11 PM
Fcuk off Arsenal.

Play for pride now and get some solidarity back for the rest of the season.

Pure embarrassment

Munchies
08-02-2014, 01:12 PM
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view/273876/rampage-jackson-vs-door-o.gif

The Emirates Gallactico
If only we fucking kept out those two fucking soft headers from Skertel ..... it may have allowed us to exert more control and not conceed the next two calamities.

Marc Overmars
Unbelievable.

No wonder no fucker believes we can win this thing. They're absolutely right.

Big game chokers for sure.

fakeyank
08-02-2014, 01:13 PM

His job is to pick up 8 million quid in wages every year. What else do you expect of a football manager? You mean, you want him to deploy tactics and inspire his players? You are just too greedy, arent ya?

Niall_Quinn
Changing the game plan won't work because we haven't started yet. But Getting Gibbs on for Monreal is elementary. As it is we'll have to wait until the 68th minute.

Özim
Man Utd 1 - 6 Man City

Only positive is that it can only be a three point loss regardless of how much Liverpool score. We were never going to catch up to City's GD's.

This is really bad news for us with the tough run of games.

Quite sick of seeing these kind of thrashings with Wenger, pre Wengeit was almost unheard of that we lost games by a big scoreline.

Xhaka Can’t
08-02-2014, 01:14 PM
He really ought to have made a change by now. The team have been left to hang out and dry.

selassie
I personally think the consequences of this defeat are going to be very damaging for this team. Forget about the title for a minute because we won't win it. What's more worrying for me is how we respond in our upcoming fixtures.

Moreover, any slump could actually drag us right back into a battle for a top 4 place.

Munchies
There's NOTHING infront of our defence.

It's all over the place.

Niall_Quinn
If only we fucking kept out those two fucking soft headers from Skertel ..... it may have allowed us to exert more control and not conceed the next two calamities.

Yeah, it's a fluke start but that didn't do the damage. It was our reaction that killed us. Ozil losing the ball, then Wilshere losing the ball gave them two more. Not good.

milla
This has been coming, just to show what you could do when you play behind defenders. Jack & Ozil can't defend and not taught to press or track back. Time to go back to drawing board IMO. :coffee:

Thierrymon
Look at all the fucking space between our midfield and defense. No wonder they are carving us apart.

The Emirates Gallactico
08-02-2014, 01:15 PM
Unbelievable.

Just got to hope irrespective of what happens today (it's a lost cause now) the boys pick themselves for Wednesday. If this leads on to a full collapse then the usual charge of Wenger's teams being poor mentally can not be denied.

Fucking hell Arsenal.

Özim
Shocking performance all round, defence a shambles, midfield can't pass, forward line non existent......keeper looking jittery too.

Boss
RIP season :rose:

Munchies
Agent Kolo for missing that open goal for us earlier :bow:

KSE Comedy Club
So...remind me why we didn't need to strengthen and the jan transfer window wasn't a failure again?

Mr. Lahey
This is really bad news for us with the tough run of games.

Quite sick of seeing these kind of thrashings with Wenger, pre Wengeit was almost unheard of that we lost games by a big scoreline.

Agreed! With our history of collapses at this time of year it is very worrying!!

Maestro
08-02-2014, 01:16 PM
Remember how some of us were fuming that Arsenal never turn up in the first half... this is another instance of that. Only difference is that Liverpool have turned up. Fucking disgrace!

Best defense in the league, my arse! :haha:

we can get away with it when we're playing the shit fodder teams. come up against half decent/top sides you get punished.

we've been playing poorly and winning, but the poor performances will catch up with us now.

Munchies
Bet those ArsenalFanTV people are happy, bumper views coming in from pissed off fans

Niall_Quinn
Wenger has put that team out many times and it has been fine. You can't lay the lion's share of the blame at his door. It's the players, they are asleep. We saw the same against Southampton.

But still time, get 2 without reply and we'll be in with a chance.

Niall_Quinn
08-02-2014, 01:17 PM
So...remind me why we didn't need to strengthen and the jan transfer window wasn't a failure again?

What difference would a striker have made so far, we've not got the ball anywhere near their box.

Munchies
08-02-2014, 01:17 PM
Giroud :haha:

Maestro
08-02-2014, 01:18 PM
Unbelievable.

This end of

Marc Overmars
We're always so sluggish starting games, normally we get away with it against shit teams because they don't have the ability to blitz us.

The Emirates Gallactico
Just got to pray that Liverpool catch what we caught in the 4 - 4 draw with Newcastle.

Özim
08-02-2014, 01:20 PM
Wenger has put that team out many times and it has been fine. You can't lay the lion's share of the blame at his door. It's the players, they are asleep. We saw the same against Southampton.

Our performances haven't been good as has been said, yes we have won but doing the absolute minimum and often not turning up in the 1st half, it catches up with you eventually.

We haven't played like a team going for the title IMO, there's not been that air of confidence teams going for the title have.

Xhaka Can’t
Bet those ArsenalFanTV people are happy, bumper views coming in from pissed off fans

Nobody gives a shit about AFTV when we're winning. :lol:

In fact he should start uploading reaction now. He'll have 100k hits by fulltime!

KSE Comedy Club
NQ, We needed to strengthen, end of.

Instead we signed a crock and did nothing to give the team a boost.

They are all fucked.

Same old shite tbh.

That's not to say that this team isn't capable of playing football, but we've seen over the last few weeks that we are getting sluggish in games

Munchies
Sorry but this just stems from Wenger not improving the squad ALL The time.

Arteta won't cut it . We needed someone like Bender/Gustavo, athletic and explosive who offer more than prissy tackles.

Up front, we needed a Higuain, Giroud is USELESS

Özim
What difference would a striker have made so far, we've not got the ball anywhere near their box.

He might shoot and score, like the Liverpool lads have?

The Emirates Gallactico

Don't think any new signings would have prevented this. Draxler starting or not, we'd be 4 down now.

The problem, and it's one that's existed for a long time is that we've started so sluggishly in games recently. Eventually against a team who can afford to play with high intensity with quality players (due to a lack of other commitiments) it was going to cost us.

Thierrymon
Just got to pray that Liverpool catch what we caught in the 4 - 4 draw with Newcastle.

Yes, a serious dose of dodgy refereeing would help.

Xhaka Can’t
08-02-2014, 01:22 PM

Yeah, I suspect we'll be at the end of 90 min of the cuptie still waiting for our two.

Özim
08-02-2014, 01:22 PM
Giroud really offers nothing, I couldn't give a toss about all his layoffs to be honest, I want to see a striker who's 1 interest is scoring goals like Suarez.

The Emirates Gallactico
08-02-2014, 01:23 PM
Yes, a serious dose of dodgy refereeing would help.

Where's that useless sack of shit, Phil Dowd when you need him? :(

Ughhh, I suppose this is payback from the gods for that 2 - 1 win we nicked a couple of years ago at Anfield when RVC scored the last minute winner from a Song Billong overhead pass.

Xhaka Can’t

Well, clutching at straws here, a striker wouldn't have helped out too much today with that defending.

Thierrymon
Getting beaten 4-0 and our away crowd is still noisier than their home crowd.

Özim
08-02-2014, 01:24 PM
Some of our players just stopped playing there, shocking they're not even fighting to try and lessen the humiliation, no f*cking pride, disgraceful.

Niall_Quinn
Knee jerk stuff isn't going to help, the window is closed so we can't sign anyone so no point going on about it. We put some pressure on and we can get a draw here. That's what we have to focus on instead of feeling sorry for ourselves.

hobson's choice
We all knew it was coming, not like this. But even the most optimistic of us knew, the eventual collapse was coming. Happen later than I expected.

Let me go back to sleep, or watch a movie, before I have to get ready for work

Gubby Allen
08-02-2014, 01:25 PM
WTF IS GOING IN!!!

Can someone watching the game tell me what the fuck is happening

Blindingly obvious what is happening. 4th place is more or less secured, no more than 1.win in every 3 or 4 matches will be enough and we will get those against the smaller clubs when we need them and it's looking a bit tight.

What do the other games matter?