PDA

View Full Version : So how long has those that want to leave, been wanting too.

Olivier's xmas twist
08-06-2011, 12:08 PM
So it seems were getting a host of players who "apprently want to leave", how long do we feel these players have felt that way and was the the reason we underperfomed last season.

LDG
08-06-2011, 12:12 PM
For the length of longness that their wants were wanting.

Coney
08-06-2011, 12:15 PM
Apart from Bendter, who are the others in the host that want to leave. Nasri is probably just saying things after being nudged by his greedy agent and it is part of the negotiation process. Who else?

AKBapologist
08-06-2011, 12:17 PM
Clichy (rejected new contract, as good as gone) and Denilson. No ideas on who actually wants to go but I would be surprised to see Aluminia and Rosicky here next season.

IBK
08-06-2011, 12:24 PM
A mildly interesting question.

FWIW I think that many of our players may have been having doubts about the club's ability to compete with the best while not competing in the transfer market for some time. This season was undoubtedly make or break, and I can't help thinking that part of the suddenness of our collapse was as much down to disillusionment with AW's methods as anything else.

Ollie the Optimist
08-06-2011, 12:36 PM
tbh after watching the shit last season, anyone who is not fully committed can fuck off. you can blame wenger all you want, but players not giving a shit on the pitch is just as bad!

Flavs
08-06-2011, 12:37 PM
A mildly interesting question.

Ouch!

Özim
08-06-2011, 12:43 PM
Hard to tell, but for 6 years now we've collapsed at the end of the season, outsiders see us as a team that always loses it's not hard to think the players believe this too.

I reckon for the last couple years players have been wondering whether Wenger is capable of delivering success again it's clear that last season's collapse is the last straw in many cases, like many fans they just don't believe in the man...very few do now.

Problem is with Wenger is he just isn't proactive, he seems happy to sit and wait for some sort of miracle to occur, it seems to be pride over common sense with him these days.

DJ Philosophe
08-06-2011, 01:14 PM
It's been a long 6 years and lot of them aren't kids anymore. They came here with high hopes and on the back of the Invincibles glory.

Now they see AW isn't as good they thought he was and it's time to move on. However, some of those players aren't as good as they were when they signed either, so they've regressed. In both situations it's time to part ways in my opinion...

Darth Vela
09-06-2011, 11:26 AM
Well, we know how long Denilson has wanted out for.

Bendtner has always wanted out, the best striker in the world should be at the best/biggest club in the world, we are not ergo he should be moving on.

I reckon Clichy has seen the writing on the wall for at least a season now, I'm sure he wanted/wants to stay but knows that there's a groundswell of opinion against him and I doubt it's purely on the side of the fans.

Bottom line is that the players failed to step up at the crucial part of the season, manager must take a hefty amount of responsibility for buying the wrong guys/not developing them well enough but if their name isn't Jack or Robin then chances are they're part of the reason we lost so fuck 'em.

LDG
09-06-2011, 11:29 AM

Bendtner has always wanted out, the best striker in the world should be at the best/biggest club in the world, we are not ergo he should be moving on.

I reckon Clichy has seen the writing on the wall for at least a season now, I'm sure he wanted/wants to stay but knows that there's a groundswell of opinion against him and I doubt it's purely on the side of the fans.

Bottom line is that the players failed to step up at the crucial part of the season, manager must take a hefty amount of responsibility for buying the wrong guys/not developing them well enough but if their name isn't Jack or Robin then chances are they're part of the reason we lost so fuck 'em.

Jack(man) and Robin!! :dance:

:getcoat:

:crying:

Toronto Gooner
09-06-2011, 01:35 PM

Actually, I think that you are just parroting the media report. The translation of the interview quotes Denilson as saying that he "decided" 8/9 months ago that he was leaving. I suspect that the full statement probably went along the lines of "at the start of the season (8/9 months ago now), I gave myself one more season to secure a starting spot. After this season, I realise that I am going to have to go to another club to secure that starting spot."

Now, this does not make good a good story, especially if the media is trying play up the problems as Arsenal. And, for those fans who think that Denilson is useless and a complete waste of space, any excuse to slag him off is gladly seized.

BTW, Where are the comments about the most obvious "Want Away"? He has spent the last TWO summers trying get away. At least Denislon and Bendtner have publicly stated they want to leave. Fabregas has done things the sneaky, underhand way by using proxies.

Darth Vela
09-06-2011, 02:19 PM
Fair do's if I've misinterpreted it but I remember him saying that it wasn't a decision he'd made overnight or words to that effect which would seem to corroborate my interpretation but I only saw it written once so might just be making stuff up :). It would make sense to me, I felt his performances earlier on in the season were pretty good and then sloped off a little as his already languid style got a lot worse, hence the increased (though only slightly tbf) amount bile directed towards him.

Right on about Cesc although I feel it's more that he wants to go to Barca rather than leave Arsenal, he's pretty happy here imo but you do get the feeling some of the players might ease off on the pressure if he told them to and whilst he isn't, he probably deserves the flak.

Master Splinter
09-06-2011, 02:21 PM

:haha:

Dennis Bendtner :bow: can't blame him tbh.

Toronto Gooner
09-06-2011, 02:52 PM
Fair do's if I've misinterpreted it but I remember him saying that it wasn't a decision he'd made overnight or words to that effect which would seem to corroborate my interpretation but I only saw it written once so might just be making stuff up :). It would make sense to me, I felt his performances earlier on in the season were pretty good and then sloped off a little as his already languid style got a lot worse, hence the increased (though only slightly tbf) amount bile directed towards him.

Right on about Cesc although I feel it's more that he wants to go to Barca rather than leave Arsenal, he's pretty happy here imo but you do get the feeling some of the players might ease off on the pressure if he told them to and whilst he isn't, he probably deserves the flak.
Darth,
You did not misinterpret what was written because my recollection is that was how it was portrayed in the media report (he wanted to leave the club). Specifically, the report did quote him as saying that it was not a quick decision and that he had made the "decision" about 8 months earlier, which was at the beginning of the season. All I was saying is that I suspect that the decision in August/September was to give himself one more season at Arsenal rather than wanting to leave. As I said, I suspect that the media report (The Sun) was written to put Arsenal, the squad and Denilson is a bad light.

He has been at the club for 5 years and is now 23; a football career is not very long, so he has to make decisions for his career. He has obviously seen that he will not become a starter for Arsenal, so if he has to move somewhere else to have the chance to play regularly.