PDA

View Full Version : Arsenal v Bayern Munich - Wednesday 19 February - 19:45 (Sky Sports 1)

Pages : [1] 2

Master Splinter
16-02-2014, 06:41 PM
http://www.arsenal.com/assets/images/crests/arsenal.png?2012-13 V http://www.arsenal.com/assets/images/crests/bayernmunich.png?2012-13

Must Win.

Or Must Not Get Humbled At Home Again.

Bayern have Ribery and Shaqiri missing.

Was Rosicky injured again or just given a rest? Wilshere's bad habits have been creeping in again, so for the sake of the team I hope he's on the bench. I'd like Wenget to go with some of the pace, energy and directness that Ox, Podolski and Gnabry offer, but it's likely he'll stick with another five-man midfield.

Szczesny

Sagna
Mertesacker
Koscielny
Gibbs

Flamini
Rosicky
Ozil

Oxlade
Giroud
Podolski/Gnabry/Cazorla

1-1 (Mertesacker, Robben).

Come on Arsenal :scarf:.

IBK
16-02-2014, 06:43 PM
Not expecting to win (draw at best), but given today's result I'm relaxed...

McNamara That Ghost...
16-02-2014, 06:45 PM
Counter-attacking is the key here, Bayern were possession hungry last season already but even moreso with Guardiola as their coach.

GP
16-02-2014, 06:45 PM
Pressure is off for sure. We've shown we can perform under the circumstances. I won't make a prediction though, anything can happen.

3-0

Marc Overmars
16-02-2014, 06:46 PM
Wouldn't be surprised if we got a result in all honesty.

I think I'll cry if it's another first leg embarrassment though.

Niall_Quinn
16-02-2014, 06:47 PM
Apart from Bastien we are better than them in every other position. Hoping to put this one to bed in the first leg so we can rest players for the second.

4-1

milla
16-02-2014, 06:47 PM
I will be watching from behind our bench. If Wenger feck up our subs, I will pelt him with rotten eggs. :coffee:

Niall_Quinn
16-02-2014, 06:49 PM
I will be watching from behind our bench. If Wenger feck up our subs, I will pelt him with rotten eggs. :coffee:

Bring many eggs to account for certain certainties.

Syn
16-02-2014, 06:59 PM
No injuries or tiredness carried forward and I'll be happy. In my head I've written our CL chances off. As GP and IBK say, I'll also be relaxed watching this. I'll be in angry fan mode for the league game on the weekend.

Master Splinter
16-02-2014, 08:01 PM
on fitness issues…
Jack Wilshere had a stiff back, after that Cazorla was ill, Gibbs had a little muscular problem, Sagna was tired. But I kept the defensive stability with Mertesacker and Koscielny. I rested Rosicky completely. They will be OK for Wednesday, but we lose Arteta, who is suspended for Wednesday night.

on Nicklas Bendtner…
Yes of course [he is disappointed not to be in the squad]. He works very hard, very well, but I wanted to give a chance to Sanogo, and I think overall the performance of Sanogo justified it. Bendtner is fit at the moment, and sharp.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/wenger-on-cup-win-sanogo-and-team-news

So Rosicky's fine. He seems to be rested TOO much. He's barely played recently. Tbf, he was crap against United, but you'd expect him to be focused for a game as big as this.

selassie
16-02-2014, 09:22 PM
Ill be relaxed about this too. We are basically massive underdogs and are not expected to progress so any result other than defeat will be a bonus IMHO.

Özim
16-02-2014, 10:56 PM
Even if we did manage to get a result (maybe 2-1) I can't see us going through, think Bayern have too much for us as it stands, they occasionally get complacent as they did against us and City so there's some hope but I can't see them being complacent this time round.

Don't think anyone has ever retained the CL have they, so there's another possible omen, but I'm really clutching at straws now!

AFC Leveller
17-02-2014, 07:35 AM
The good news is that We wont be able to play two holding players in the middle so at least we'll have more attakcing talent to hurt them. Jack had a good 5 or 6 games before the Man ure and Liverpool games so im hopinh he can discover some of sort of form for Wed. Him, Flams and Euhtzil with the Ox and Santi on the Flanks.

It's a shame that Poldi wont start because he's done well whenever he's played this season and scored important goals.

a goaless draw wouldnt be too bad because i think going to their place needing a win would be a big ask so im hopinng we keep a clean sheet and why not nick one on the counter/set piece.

JonasTC
17-02-2014, 10:15 AM
I would love for us to play Flamini/Ox in midfield and then podolski/ozil/cazorla infront of them.

Im really nervous for this match tho', this bayern team is scary. We've beat them once, it can happend again hopefully :)

Underhill and over Grove
17-02-2014, 10:20 AM
Not sure what to make of this game, Arsenal have looked solid in some games and paper thin in others. If we concede an early goal I do worry though.

I would like to see Wilshere given a game in this one. His long term future is as a deep lying central midfielder and the only way he will learn how to retain possession and dictate play is with a sustained run in the side.

The only question for me is whether we play Podolski or Cazorla on the left hand side. In this regard, given we are at home, and that Giroud has looked a bit shit recently, I would play Poldi for his goal threat and the space he creates for Ozil, but I have a feeling Wenger will plump for Cazorla.

If Giroud is having another poor game I would suggest Wenger pulls him off (not the first time this has happened to BFG in recent weeks) and gives Sanogo another go.

My Team:-

-------------------Sir Chesney-------------------

--Sagna-----Merts--------Kos--------Gibbs-----

------------------Flamini----Wilshere------------

---Ox-----------------Ozil---------------Poldi-----

--------------------Giroud-------------------------

Subs: Fab, Monreal, Jenks, Rosicky, Gnabry, Sanogo, Cazorla

GP
17-02-2014, 10:22 AM
Cazorla in for Wilshere.

Otherwise, yeah.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
17-02-2014, 06:46 PM
Going to this.

3-0

Ozil hattrick

Özim
17-02-2014, 09:28 PM
Not sure what to make of this game, Arsenal have looked solid in some games and paper thin in others. If we concede an early goal I do worry though.

I would like to see Wilshere given a game in this one. His long term future is as a deep lying central midfielder and the only way he will learn how to retain possession and dictate play is with a sustained run in the side.

The only question for me is whether we play Podolski or Cazorla on the left hand side. In this regard, given we are at home, and that Giroud has looked a bit shit recently, I would play Poldi for his goal threat and the space he creates for Ozil, but I have a feeling Wenger will plump for Cazorla.

If Giroud is having another poor game I would suggest Wenger pulls him off (not the first time this has happened to BFG in recent weeks) and gives Sanogo another go.

My Team:-

------------------Flamini----Wilshere------------

---Ox-----------------Ozil---------------Poldi-----

--------------------Giroud-------------------------

Subs: Fab, Monreal, Jenks, Rosicky, Gnabry, Sanogo, Cazorla

----------------Flamini--Rosicky--------------

---Ox----------------Ozil--------------Cazorla------

-------------------- Poldi-------------------------

Subs: Fab, Monreal, Jenks, Quiff, Gnabry, Sanogo

Let's put Wilshere over--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------here (Wilshere)

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
18-02-2014, 12:20 AM
---------------Sneeezy------------------

Sagna-----Merts--------Kos--------Gibbs

--------Flamini--------Rosicky-----------

OxO--------------Ozil------------Cazorla

-------------Olivier Giroud---------------

Bergkamplegend
18-02-2014, 11:25 AM
The fact is that we almost have no chance to qualify, specially with the second tie in Munich.
I just hope that we will get out of the competition with our heads high and our pride intact.

A draw on wednesday would be fine, but I expect no miracle, we will concede at least 1 or 2 goals.
Bayern is a killing machine, we're not.

Xhaka Can’t
18-02-2014, 11:36 AM
I obviously want us to win every match we play, but given our chances in this tournament, this is a distraction at this stage of the season.

Just play well and avoid the home drubbing we got last year and I'll be happy.

In order of priority for me: FA Cup, League, then CL.

GP
18-02-2014, 11:38 AM
My priority is:

Beer, pizza, sleep.

In that order.

adzzzbatch
18-02-2014, 11:40 AM
http://www.redaction.org.uk/images/Bayern-Card-Display.jpg

This is the plan for stadium before KO :scarf:

With boards I should add.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
18-02-2014, 11:40 AM
Giroud's priority:

Arse, mouth, vagina.

In that order.

GP
18-02-2014, 11:57 AM
Giroud's priority:

Arse, mouth, vagina.

In that order.

Is there any other way?

LDG
18-02-2014, 01:20 PM
Is there any other way?

Sometimes you can slip it between the breasts, and sometimes a roll of fat :shrug:

selassie
18-02-2014, 01:30 PM
The fact is that we almost have no chance to qualify, specially with the second tie in Munich.
I just hope that we will get out of the competition with our heads high and our pride intact.

A draw on wednesday would be fine, but I expect no miracle, we will concede at least 1 or 2 goals.
Bayern is a killing machine, we're not.

Yeah I would agree with this. For me Bayern are the best team in Europe by quite some distance. They have the most balanced team/squad nd IMO don't really have a weak area, you could say they are maybe slightly weak at Centre Forward but everywhere else they are so strong.

It's going to be really really tough tomorrow night, we are going to need to pull off the performance of the season to get anything out of the game because I see us chasing shadows for most of the night.

milla
18-02-2014, 01:36 PM
Sometimes you can slip it between the breasts, and sometimes a roll of fat :shrug:

Oh you sick fuk :sulk:

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
18-02-2014, 03:22 PM

:haha: :haha: :haha:

Letters
18-02-2014, 04:39 PM
MrsL :bow:

<_<

Injury Time
18-02-2014, 08:33 PM
http://www.redaction.org.uk/images/Bayern-Card-Display.jpg

This is the plan for stadium before KO :scarf:

With boards I should add.
Yay (see that number 11 that's my bit that is :scarf:

adzzzbatch
18-02-2014, 08:46 PM
Yay (see that number 11 that's my bit that is :scarf:

I'm block 6 tomorrow :scarf:

Xhaka Can’t
18-02-2014, 09:36 PM
I'm Seat 16a tomorrow.

GP
18-02-2014, 09:37 PM
MrsL :bow:

<_<

http://www.brain-magazine.fr/images/stories/PAGE_PUTE_7/tumblr_n1495pqM1k1r3gb3zo1_400.gif

Letters
18-02-2014, 09:40 PM
I sent you that in confidence <_<

Injury Time
18-02-2014, 10:50 PM
I sent you that in confidence <_<
iLT grown his hair since you married?

KSE Comedy Club
19-02-2014, 01:19 AM
I really don't understand why they only do this and push the boat out for the odd CL game.

Every home game should be like it, The Emirates has never been as exciting and atmospheric as that night against Barca with all the flags and scarfs.

The fans were noisy and it really lifted the team - got the result we wanted.

If the club bothered to do this for and with the fans everytime we play there it would help generate such a buzz that teams would start to feel scared of coming here.

Munchies
19-02-2014, 07:26 AM
Dreamed about the result :lol:

BFG scores a header, got ruled out,but then given . :bow:

Ref was a cunt .

But we won 1-0 . :scarf:

COYG

Marc Overmars
19-02-2014, 07:53 AM
I really don't understand why they only do this and push the boat out for the odd CL game.

Every home game should be like it, The Emirates has never been as exciting and atmospheric as that night against Barca with all the flags and scarfs.

The fans were noisy and it really lifted the team - got the result we wanted.

If the club bothered to do this for and with the fans everytime we play there it would help generate such a buzz that teams would start to feel scared of coming here.

It's not down to the club to generate an atmosphere, it's the fans responsibility.

Xhaka Can’t
19-02-2014, 07:58 AM
It's not down to the club to generate an atmosphere, it's the fans responsibility.

Not sure I agree entirely with that. It is a mixture of the two. The Club have certainly played their part by pricing out many of those likely to generate the best atmosphere.

Marc Overmars
19-02-2014, 08:11 AM
That's true I suppose, but this red and white display is a fan organised thing. These things are generally done off a supporters bat like at other clubs, but granted in our case those likely to do this can't always attend.

KSE Comedy Club
19-02-2014, 08:28 AM
But that's what I'm getting at MO.

The club should be getting involved and doin there bit to encourage the fans every week.

If only as a small gesture of goodwill for ludicrous ticket prices, it would certainly go someway to making fans feel more upbeat when they go to watch games

Munchies
19-02-2014, 08:56 AM
The game is live on Sky1 for some reason. :popcorn:

AFC Leveller
19-02-2014, 09:08 AM
Anyone know Bayern's likely line up?

Munchies
19-02-2014, 09:31 AM
Well Ribery/Shaqiri are out for definite, but it'd probably be something like this

Neuer

Alaba
Dante
Boateng
Lahm

Schweinsteiger
Martinez

Robben
Gotze
Thiago

Mandzukic

GP
19-02-2014, 09:33 AM
Hope we win.

Munchies
19-02-2014, 09:36 AM
As long as we don't concede, it's all good.

Also good to see it's on Sky1, will have a few mates round for it.

COYG :pray:

AFC Leveller
19-02-2014, 09:48 AM
Really looking forward to the game. Cancelled on my client due to a "last minute meeting".

Munchies
19-02-2014, 09:54 AM
Fair enough, who wouldn't ??! :lol:

:scarf:

1-0
BFG header.

I'd laugh if that happens, and then kick myself for not betting on it.

Özim
19-02-2014, 11:10 AM
Really looking forward to the game. Cancelled on my client due to a "last minute meeting".

Wenger won't meet with you to be honest, he's busy getting ready for the match tonight :rolleyes:

Fist of Lehmann
19-02-2014, 11:35 AM
---------------Sneeezy------------------

Sagna-----Merts--------Kos--------Gibbs

--------Flamini--------Rosicky-----------

OxO--------------Ozil------------Cazorla

-------------Olivier Giroud---------------

:good:

Would be tempted to play Pod and try and pen Alaba back but this is probably safer.

Özim
19-02-2014, 11:56 AM
I'm not sure why people are picking Quiff ahead of Poldi, when the latter has scored goals in recent games and ultimately that's what matters for a striker and for the team.

Özim
19-02-2014, 12:03 PM
AW saying we're mentally stronger for Bayern test:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26240586

Ah the old mental strength thing again, all we need now is the spirit and togetherness and we've got the complete set.

Munchies
19-02-2014, 12:07 PM

Ah the old mental strength thing again, all we need now is the spirit and togetherness and we've got the complete set.

:lol:

And yeah, I'd rather even play Yaya upfront. Had enough of Giroud in our team.

Count how many times he breaks down our play tonight. :coffee:

pmakgreb
19-02-2014, 12:16 PM
I wont be devastated if we go out to bayern, in the grand scheme of things, we are not realistically going to win the CL even if we do manage to beat bayern, we would get caught out eventually. However, we do stand a chance in winning the League and or fa cup. The CL IMO is a distraction and i think the further we progress will affect our chances of capturing the one of the more realistic targets. Dont get me wrong, i want us to win but i wont be too despondant if we dont.

Munchies
19-02-2014, 12:18 PM
Yeah, to be fair, City with all their millions got trounced the other day and are more or less out of it.

Bayern are even better than Barca, they have a strong spine to their team and are ruthless up front.

I'm not expecting to go through, but I'm hoping that we can make a good attempt at giving it our best like we did last season.

Dein-machine
19-02-2014, 12:21 PM

A striker wouldn't go a miss either

Marc Overmars
19-02-2014, 12:21 PM
I think most fans are fairly relaxed about this tbh.

As long as we're not pumped that is.

Dein-machine
19-02-2014, 12:28 PM
I obviously want us to win every match we play, but given our chances in this tournament, this is a distraction at this stage of the season.

Just play well and avoid the home drubbing we got last year and I'll be happy.

In order of priority for me: FA Cup, League, then CL.

Totally agree with this. Until we buy quality in obvious areas we are not likely to regularly beat the better teams in P.L or C.L.

With this in mind I would personally like to see us go & have a go at them in both ties. Probably end up getting a good beating ( a bit like the City game ) but at least show we can attack. 100% not worth trying to play on the counter. Bayern get this every week in the Bundesleague & have top quality to always breakthrough. We went to their place last year knowing we had to attack, look what happened. They are not used to this. Lets go & have a good fucking go at em.

Özim
19-02-2014, 12:34 PM
I reckon we'll be cagey and defensive tonight with 5 across the midfield and nooneGiroud up front.

AFC Leveller
19-02-2014, 12:46 PM
Wenger won't meet with you to be honest, he's busy getting ready for the match tonight :rolleyes:

The koala (Phascolarctos cinereus or, inaccurately, koala bear[a]) is an arboreal herbivorous marsupial native to Australia. It is the only extant representative of the family Phascolarctidae, and its closest living relatives are the wombats.[3] The koala is found in coastal areas of the mainland's eastern and southern regions, inhabiting Queensland, New South Wales, Victoria and South Australia. It is easily recognisable by its stout, tailless body; round, fluffy ears; and large, spoon-shaped nose. The koala has a body length of 60–85 cm (24–33 in) and weighs 4–15 kg (9–33 lb). Pelage colour ranges from silver grey to chocolate brown. Koalas from the northern populations are typically smaller and lighter in colour than their counterparts further south. It is possible that these populations are separate subspecies, but this is disputed.

Koalas typically inhabit open eucalypt woodlands, and the leaves of these trees make up most of their diet. Because this eucalypt diet has limited nutritional and caloric content, koalas are largely sedentary and sleep for up to 20 hours a day. They are asocial animals, and bonding exists only between mothers and dependent offspring. Adult males communicate with loud bellows that intimidate rivals and attract mates. Males mark their presence with secretions from scent glands located on their chests. Being marsupials, koalas give birth to underdeveloped young that crawl into their mothers' pouches, where they stay for the first six to seven months of their life. These young koalas are known as joeys, and are fully weaned at around a year. Koalas have few natural predators and parasites but are threatened by various pathogens, like Chlamydiaceae bacteria and the koala retrovirus, as well as by bushfires and droughts.

Koalas were hunted by indigenous Australians and depicted in myths and cave art for millennia. The first recorded encounter between a European and a koala was in 1798, and an image of the animal was published in 1810 by naturalist George Perry. Botanist Robert Brown wrote the first detailed scientific description of the koala in 1814, although his work remained unpublished for 180 years. Popular artist John Gould illustrated and described the koala, introducing the species to the general British public. Further details about the animal's biology were revealed in the 19th century by several English scientists. Because of its distinctive appearance, the koala is recognised worldwide as a symbol of Australia. Koalas are listed as of Least Concern by the International Union for Conservation of Nature. The Australian government lists populations in Queensland and New South Wales as Vulnerable. The animal was hunted heavily in the early 20th century for its fur, and large-scale cullings in Queensland resulted in a public outcry that initiated a movement to protect the species. Sanctuaries were established, and translocation efforts moved to new regions koalas whose habitat had become fragmented or reduced. The biggest threat to their existence is habitat destruction caused by agriculture and urbanisation

Özim
19-02-2014, 12:53 PM
Wenger is use his masterstroke for tonight, it's a rarely used pre-match game talk that speaks for itself:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaHXk2Kyi0w

Woman in hospital bed not required

JonasTC
19-02-2014, 01:02 PM
For some reason, i believe we can get a result tonight, we're playing a team that havent played a decent opponent for months, last time they played a good team was City back in december and lost (tho' they're were already through and it meant nothing), the last time they meet a decent team in their league was all the way back in beginning of oct. and they drawed (vs leverkusen), not counting the dortmund team they beat in november, who were missing like 6 players, including their entire back 4 and had to hire an old guy without a contract to even be able to put a defence on the field :D

I still believe that Bayern are probably the best team in the world, but if we ever had a chance of beating them, now is the time.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
19-02-2014, 01:02 PM

By getting ready for the match, do you mean looking at himself in the mirror whilst he messes around with the zip on his coat?

Dein-machine
19-02-2014, 01:03 PM
I reckon we'll be cagey and defensive tonight with 5 across the midfield and nooneGiroud up front.

Ofcourse he will. We know it, the media knows it & Bayern know it. Its the best news ever for the opposing manager. He can concentrate on attack & let his full backs loose in the knowledge that we may offer 1 or 2 threats in each half. If we do this, we simply play into their hands. They have far too much quality to defend against & we DONT have defensive midfielders.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
19-02-2014, 01:10 PM
i never look forward to big Arsenal matches, my favourite part of these kind of matches is hearing the final whistle (that is if we have won or at least got a favourable draw). This won't be any exception even though i really don't have any expectation of this tie, can we progress against Bayern?....yes, will we?...probably not. If we get a good result tonight, it won't be like the match we had last time in Munich they will absolutely bulldoze into us from the first minute and it will be difficult to see us holding on for 90 minutes.
I think the most feasible way we can get past them is by winning by two clear goals and a clean sheet tonight (2-0 home wins are kind of our forte) and getting a narrow defeat or score draw in Germany.....i think the task would be incredibly difficult but not impossible....what goes for us is that we don't have to contend with a pacey front man in the starting XI....i think our defence can cope with the aerial threat posed by Mandzukic (don't rate him to be honest...definitley their weak line). I think their danger man for us will be Thomas Muller

LDG
19-02-2014, 01:39 PM
5-0 to us

Syn
19-02-2014, 01:46 PM
I don't normally dream about football but I dreamt we killed them early; couldn't remember the score line but it was something like 3-0 in no time. So there you go.

dazthegooner
19-02-2014, 01:47 PM
5-0 to us

All goals in added time...

Niall_Quinn
5-0 to us

4-1

Wait. Watch. See. It's not about this game, we'll win it easily. It's about not throwing it away due to complacency when we go to Germany.

Munchies
I don't normally dream about football but I dreamt we killed them early; couldn't remember the score line but it was something like 3-0 in no time. So there you go.

I dreamed about the result too :lol:

Saw BFG score a bullet header from a corner. Disallowed. Ref spoke with the linesman, and then gave it.

Ref was a cunt throughout the game too.

1-0 BFG :bow:

Niall_Quinn
19-02-2014, 01:48 PM

It wasn't a dream, it was a vision of the future.

Niall_Quinn
19-02-2014, 01:48 PM

Saw BFG score a bullet header from a corner. Disallowed. Ref spoke with the linesman, and then gave it.

No, you had an incomplete dream.

AFC Leveller
19-02-2014, 01:53 PM

Go back to bed and let us know how many we lost by.

Özim
19-02-2014, 01:55 PM

I think you had a dream that BFG dreamt that.

Syn
19-02-2014, 01:56 PM
I think you had a dream that BFG dreamt that.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2weaal6l51rpeilro1_500.gif

Munchies
19-02-2014, 05:49 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bg2oz4tIAAAuDsW.jpg

Wishful thinking, Sanogogo's been told that he's starting by Wenger.

Sanogo :bow:

Rather have Podolski up top though.

COYG, nearly KO now :popcorn: :scarf: :faint: :getcoat:

Marc Overmars
19-02-2014, 06:04 PM
Last year I had a pizza for this match and it didn't work out.

This year I've opted for a Chinese.

Come on Arsenal and come on crispy duck.

dazthegooner
19-02-2014, 06:16 PM
Okay anyone got the best link for tonight's game please :)

Shaqiri Is Boss
19-02-2014, 06:16 PM
It seems this is on Sky1, if you have that.

dazthegooner
19-02-2014, 06:19 PM
Don't have Sky <_< looking for streams but if anyone has one that I can access quicker would be grateful :)

Munchies
19-02-2014, 06:24 PM
Don't have Sky <_< looking for streams but if anyone has one that I can access quicker would be grateful :)

This site has HD flash streaming (ie don't need to download anything) , and has been going since the season started.

http://sportz-hd.eu/

Enjoy !

The stream may be 10-20 seconds behind depending on your connection, but its really good. Clear your cache, and before the game, go on that site.

Maestro
19-02-2014, 06:24 PM

I'm going with Syn's dream for the game tonight

COYG!

Munchies
19-02-2014, 06:25 PM
It seems this is on Sky1, if you have that.

Couldn't believe that when I saw it !

Can't wait :popcorn:

Maestro
19-02-2014, 06:28 PM
Last year I had a pizza for this match and it didn't work out.

This year I've opted for a Chinese.

Come on Arsenal and come on crispy duck.

What did you have on the night of the return leg last season?

milla
19-02-2014, 06:30 PM
You lot can forget about winning cos I will be at the Emirates tonight. :good:

Munchies
19-02-2014, 06:32 PM
You lot can forget about winning cos I will be at the Emirates tonight. :good:

What's your journey route like ?

Taking the tube ?

Where'd ya get on at ?

:threaten:

fakeyank
19-02-2014, 06:37 PM
Sanogo is starting?!!? :yikes:

Munchies
19-02-2014, 06:37 PM
Bayern team:
XI: Neuer; Lahm, Boateng, Dante, Alaba; Martinez; Robben, Thiago, Kroos, Gotze; Mandzukic
Substitutes: Starke - van Buyten, Rafinha, Pizarro, Müller, Contento, Schweinsteiger

They don't look that strong IMO

^ Loads of reports are saying he is. Not confirmed yet, but I'd rather him than Giroud

McNamara That Ghost...
19-02-2014, 06:41 PM
It's damn strong tbf but not their first XI, I think.

Munchies
19-02-2014, 06:42 PM
It's damn strong tbf but not their first XI, I think.

https://twitter.com/FCBayernEN

JonasTC
19-02-2014, 06:45 PM
To be fair, his movement and his retardness that makes him punch defenders in the face and get away with it, can help help alot more than giroud who's just standing around crying about getting bossed by defenders or crying because he misses his lady or smth, i dont know.... Sanogo :bow:

McNamara That Ghost...
19-02-2014, 06:45 PM
https://twitter.com/FCBayernEN

No I mean it's not their first choice first XI. :lol:

Munchies
19-02-2014, 06:46 PM
No I mean it's not their first choice first XI. :lol:

I know :lol:

Just put out a source.

Think we can beat them .

Munchies
19-02-2014, 06:48 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bg27ED5IAAAS8Qn.jpg

Master Splinter
19-02-2014, 06:52 PM
Sanogo :bow:.

Wow.

Wenger was ruthless this time last season with some players and it worked. I think it's more to do with Bif's mental state though. It should be a big surprise for Bayern. Hopefully one that works for us.

The Emirates Gallactico
19-02-2014, 06:53 PM
Wow a brave move by Wenger. Sanago and Oxlade starting ....... pace to hit them on the counter.

Marc Overmars
19-02-2014, 06:53 PM
Very ruthless from Wenget dropping Bif for Liverpool and now this. 2 huge games.

I like it.

Munchies
19-02-2014, 06:55 PM
Would've preferred Pods, but I'd rather Yaya than Giroud.

COYG :scarf:

Munchies
19-02-2014, 06:56 PM
No Nick on the bench.

:wave:

So Long Goodbye

JonasTC
19-02-2014, 06:57 PM
Hhaha i love it :d Using Sanogo, who have hardly played for us because of injuries and before that he was in the 2. french league with 2 broken legs.

Wenger :bow:

Sanogo hat-trick

McNamara That Ghost...
19-02-2014, 06:57 PM
Sky's programme starts in a few minutes.

The Emirates Gallactico
19-02-2014, 06:58 PM
Arsenal XI: Szczesny, Sagna, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Gibbs, Flamini, Wilshere, Ozil, Cazorla, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Sanogo

Munchies
19-02-2014, 06:58 PM
Hhaha i love it :d Using Sanogo, who have hardly played for us because of injuries and before that he was in the 2. french league with 2 broken legs.

Wenger :bow:

Sanogo hat-trick

Better than Giroud

Munchies
19-02-2014, 06:59 PM
This site has HD flash streaming (ie don't need to download anything) , and has been going since the season started.

http://sportz-hd.eu/

Enjoy !

The stream may be 10-20 seconds behind depending on your connection, but its really good. Clear your cache, and before the game, go on that site.

It's up now :)

Munchies
19-02-2014, 07:00 PM
YAYAY YAYAYAYAYYA YAYAYAYAYYA YAYAYA TOURE :bow:

Master Splinter
19-02-2014, 07:00 PM
Full teams:

Arsenal: Szczesny, Sagna, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Gibbs, Flamini, Wilshere, Ozil, Cazorla, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Sanogo
Subs: Fabianski, Monreal, Jenkinson, Rosicky, Gnabry, Podolski, Giroud

Bayern: Neuer; Dante, Thiago, Martinez, Robben, Boateng, Gotze, Lahm, Alaba, Kroos, Mandzukic
Subs: Starke, van Buyten, Rafinha, Pizarro, Müller, Contento, Schweinsteiger

Ref: Nicola Rizzoli (ITA)

Marc Overmars
19-02-2014, 07:01 PM
Hope Sanogo fucks them up with his gangly style.

They won't know what the hell is going on.

Munchies
19-02-2014, 07:02 PM
Hope Sanogo fucks them up with his gangly style.

They won't know what the hell is going on.

Dante thinks he's a big man.

Wait till Sanogo kicks the shit out of him

JonasTC
19-02-2014, 07:03 PM
Better than Giroud

I wasnt being sarcastic... i do really love it :)

The Emirates Gallactico
19-02-2014, 07:04 PM
It's a testament to Bayern's strength in depth that Müller can't even start for them.

Master Splinter
19-02-2014, 07:09 PM
I'm not one for On Paper football, but our bench looks better than Bayern's tbf.

And that's without Feo, Rambo, Diaby, Arteta and Vermaelen.

Özim
19-02-2014, 07:11 PM
Good team selection apart from Wilshere, he's a total liability, can't believe he's been picked.

Penguin
19-02-2014, 07:11 PM
Bold move by Wenger, well played old boy! :tiphat:

McNamara That Ghost...
19-02-2014, 07:15 PM
Wenget. :bow:

McNamara That Ghost...
19-02-2014, 07:16 PM
Gary Neville pitchside. :lol:

fakeyank
19-02-2014, 07:16 PM
Wonder if Giroud is dropped because of fatigue, form or his infidelity... or a combination or all 3!

Marc Overmars
19-02-2014, 07:18 PM
Wonder if Giroud is dropped because of fatigue, form or his infidelity... or a combination or all 3!

Probably a mixture of everything. He's been shit for a while now and while Sanogo isn't exactly proven it's the sort of freshen up that's welcome. Unpredictability is what we needed.

Maestro
19-02-2014, 07:18 PM

inextricably linked

finally the stats machine throws up a decent line up, wengebot stato

McNamara That Ghost...
19-02-2014, 07:20 PM
Stelling didn't ask how Bayern Munich view that game though, Carragher.

Munchies
19-02-2014, 07:22 PM
shut the fuck up Ballack, cunt

McNamara That Ghost...
19-02-2014, 07:24 PM
Good to see we have former players in Jamie Redknapp, Michael Ballack and Jamie Carragher in the studio.

Letters
19-02-2014, 07:26 PM
Just noticed this is on Sky One :patrice:

Penguin
19-02-2014, 07:27 PM
It's up now :)

Is that site down now or is it just me? :(

Munchies
Just noticed this is on Sky One :patrice:

:jumpnana: Made my day

Munchies
Is that site down now or is it just me? :(

http://sportz-hd.eu/channel3.html

Keep an eye on the chatbox on the side, if it goes down, the admin usually tells you what to do , eg wait for him to put it back up etc.

Penguin
19-02-2014, 07:30 PM
http://sportz-hd.eu/channel3.html

Keep an eye on the chatbox on the side, if it goes down, the admin usually tells you what to do , eg wait for him to put it back up etc.

Cheers :)

Munchies
19-02-2014, 07:31 PM
Jack Wilshere :haha:

Fuck off

McNamara That Ghost...
19-02-2014, 07:31 PM
Wilshere roped in to hype Sky's broadcast for them. :lol:

Munchies
19-02-2014, 07:32 PM
Cheers :)

No worries, if it stops or u need another one,

http://firstrows.biz/soccer/arsenal-vs-bayern-munchen-frsce15b

22 flash links on that (make sure you have an adblock tho, first row has loads of ads)

McNamara That Ghost...
19-02-2014, 07:35 PM
Winterburn said Wenger was very positive in talking about Sanogo to him. :popcorn:

Rors
19-02-2014, 07:35 PM
Not sure why this is on Sky One but I'll take it!

Munchies
19-02-2014, 07:36 PM

I thought it was a sick joke at first :lol:

Master Splinter
19-02-2014, 07:36 PM
Carragher's a special kind of thick, isn't he?

Niall_Quinn
19-02-2014, 07:38 PM
WUMger :haha:

Sanogo. You couldn't make it up. Arsene is peerless.

McNamara That Ghost...

It is.

Marc Overmars

When they get it wrong, they get it wrong.

WMUG
Sanogo was injured until now Jamie you muppet :doh:

Letters
19-02-2014, 07:40 PM

Innit. Only noticed when I happened to look at the TV listings for this evening.

:yippee:

Slacker
19-02-2014, 07:40 PM
Sanogo is frightfully bad. Prepare for a hiding. What is AW doing????

Marc Overmars
19-02-2014, 07:41 PM
Come on you Gunners!!!

Rors
Gazprom :lol:

Niall_Quinn
Bastien on the bench. Sweet as.

McNamara That Ghost...
Come on Arsenal. :bow:

BFG psyching Neuer out, maybe.

Munchies
19-02-2014, 07:43 PM
Great dispaly !

Rors
Redders inviting the better pundits to respond to his own inane points never gets young...

Maestro
spine tingling!

Niall_Quinn
19-02-2014, 07:44 PM
Ox to rip them up with Ozil feeding the ammo.

Flamster to boot Robbens balls through his throat.

Come on then.

Rors
Come on Arsenal. :bow:

BFG psyching Neuer out, maybe.

All he needs to do is say "Ahhhh you look like Miranda Sawyer!"

Rors
How did Leslie get this one?!

McNamara That Ghost...
Champions League music. :bow:

Master Splinter
spine tingling!

Sanogo out for the season?

Munchies
Getting the nervous feels !!

COYG

McNamara That Ghost...
All he needs to do is say "Ahhhh you look like Miranda Sawyer!"

:lol:

He was doing it to Lahm too. Maybe.

Niall_Quinn
19-02-2014, 07:45 PM
Fuck though. Sanogo. Who says youngsters don't get a chance at arsenal?

Niall_Quinn
19-02-2014, 07:46 PM
Here we go.

Rors
19-02-2014, 07:46 PM
Heezigo...! (Not you Luigi) :popcorn:

McNamara That Ghost...
19-02-2014, 07:47 PM
Oxocube goes for the power run early on, goes out.

McNamara That Ghost...
Sanogo. :bow:

Master Splinter

JonasTC
19-02-2014, 07:48 PM
How did Sanogo just manage to outdribble 5 bayern players? :D I love his randomness

McNamara That Ghost...
Great save from Ches to deny Kroos.

Munchies
Fuck sake

Rors
19-02-2014, 07:49 PM
Not you again Toni. Good work Wojster

Master Splinter
Sir Ches :bow:.

McNamara That Ghost...
Robben shot, blocked by Sanogo.

Munchies
BRB at half time

COYG

McNamara That Ghost...
19-02-2014, 07:51 PM
Wilting. :lol:

We're definitely out of the FA Cup.

McNamara That Ghost...
19-02-2014, 07:52 PM
Power header Yaya!

McNamara That Ghost...
Sanogo shot, Neuer saves!

Rors
:faint:

JonasTC
What is going on!? My head cant handle this :d

Master Splinter
19-02-2014, 07:53 PM

Great start from us.

Thierrymon
So close from Sanogo.

Maestro
wow this is a bit of a mindfuck

we're actually playing well

McNamara That Ghost...
Cazorla, square it!

Letters
Carzola:doh:

McNamara That Ghost...
PELANTY!!!

Letters
PEL!

Thierrymon
Peno!

McNamara That Ghost...
Boateng booked.

Marc Overmars
Great start!!

Rors
19-02-2014, 07:54 PM
House of fire!

Letters
What a ball from Wilsherw!

Rors
Don't bone it.

Maestro
yeeeeeessssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pellllllllaaaarrrrrs

Master Splinter
Come on Ozil. :pray:

McNamara That Ghost...
Özil has it saved.

Özim
Penalty!

Thierrymon
Cmon Ozil :pray:

Noooooooooooooo

Rors
Trash.

Master Splinter
Ozil FFS.

Letters
He really is shitat penalties :doh:

Marc Overmars
19-02-2014, 07:55 PM
Fucking hell Ozil.

What a dick.

Exactly the same piss weak attempt we saw in the group stages.

Niall_Quinn
It wasn't a pen. Even so, what the hell is Ozil thinking. What a momentum killer.

Fuck.

Maestro
:faint::faint::faint::faint::faint::faint::faint:: faint:

KSE Comedy Club
What a fuckin useless twat!!

McNamara That Ghost...
19-02-2014, 07:56 PM
Freekick to Bayern, dangerous area.

Rors
If a keeper 'guesses' a side yet *still* saves one right down the middle, then you've got it wrong...

Niall_Quinn
Hate that cunt Robben.

The Emirates Gallactico
Fucking hell, why does someone with the technical excellenece of Mesut ozil find it so hard to score a fucking penalty!!!

McNamara That Ghost...
19-02-2014, 07:57 PM
Robben hits the wall, then blasts it over.

Niall_Quinn
Robben :haha:

Cunt.

Marc Overmars
Way to completely ruin the momentum.

What an absolute arse.

Shit run ups always piss me off. Fucking put your foot through it you ****.

Letters
If a keeper 'guesses' a side yet *still* saves one right down the middle, then you've got it wrong...

Hate short run ups. If you are going to do that then at least place it in the corner :doh:

The Emirates Gallactico
19-02-2014, 07:58 PM
Hopefully it spurs him on to put in a world class performance tonight to get us the win.

McNamara That Ghost...
19-02-2014, 07:59 PM
Robben. :lol:

Letters
19-02-2014, 08:00 PM
Hopefully it spurs him on to put in a world class performance tonight to get us the win.

Not so far :(

Niall_Quinn
19-02-2014, 08:00 PM
What the fuck is up with Ozil?

Master Splinter
19-02-2014, 08:01 PM
Way to completely ruin the momentum.

What an absolute arse.

Shit run ups always piss me off. Fucking put your foot through it you ****.

Pretty much.

One of our GHELs should have taken it. Smashed the ball through the net. No mistakes.

Ozil you moran.

Maestro
19-02-2014, 08:01 PM

sure hope so

Niall_Quinn
19-02-2014, 08:02 PM
Cynical on Sagna. Was it that Dante clogger again?

Maestro
19-02-2014, 08:03 PM
need to maintain our pace and tempo

Slacker
We're gonna get dicked now. One chance - and we gave it to seriously the wrong man. Please could German players take pelanties like that from now on...

McNamara That Ghost...
Great block from Flamini on Alaba.

Niall_Quinn
19-02-2014, 08:04 PM
Jacks playing really well. Competing for everything. Flamster too.

McNamara That Ghost...
19-02-2014, 08:06 PM
Alaba. :lol:

McNamara That Ghost...
Flamini. Never go for first time shots.

Niall_Quinn
Flamini. Wrong guy for that to fall to.

Maestro
19-02-2014, 08:07 PM
Oz has a great quality touch ..shit at pels but great touch

Niall_Quinn
19-02-2014, 08:07 PM
Ozil is somewhere else, on a different wavelength. He's a passenger and we can't afford passengers.

McNamara That Ghost...
19-02-2014, 08:09 PM
Neuer denies Oxocube.

Sanogo. :bow:

Maestro
oh wow sanogo

JonasTC
WTF where is Sanogo getting all this from? :d

Letters
I love Sanogo :loveblush:

Maestro
19-02-2014, 08:10 PM
postman delivereth

Niall_Quinn
19-02-2014, 08:10 PM
Strange player sanogo. One minute he looks non-league, next champions league.

Maestro
19-02-2014, 08:11 PM
sagna keeps getting fouled when he goes up for headers

Niall_Quinn
19-02-2014, 08:11 PM
Bloody foul on Ox.

McNamara That Ghost...
19-02-2014, 08:12 PM
Brilliant from Kos.

Niall_Quinn
Kos :haha: :bow:

Maestro
Strange player sanogo. One minute he looks non-league, next champions league.

that's the fun thing about him no pressure and no great expectations

Özim
19-02-2014, 08:13 PM
Been a great 1st half, Sanogo very good and with players like Ox we've got some genuine pace, Bayern look very vulnerable at the back. Only negative is we've not managed to score from all our chances.

Niall_Quinn
Fuck off was that a foul. Fucking hell.

McNamara That Ghost...
That wasn't a foul by Özil.

Niall_Quinn
19-02-2014, 08:14 PM
Poxy cunt if a euro ref.

McNamara That Ghost...
19-02-2014, 08:14 PM
Mandzukic header, wide.

McNamara That Ghost...
19-02-2014, 08:15 PM
Send him off!

Niall_Quinn
No card? What a fucking cheat.

McNamara That Ghost...
Gibbs is dead again.

Niall_Quinn
19-02-2014, 08:16 PM
Oh no. Monreal on for Gibbs? That's very very bad news.

Letters
19-02-2014, 08:16 PM
Been a great 1st half, Sanogo very good and with players like Ox we've got some genuine pace, Bayern look very vulnerable at the back. Only negative is we've not managed to score from all our chances.

Best I've seen us play for a long time. Ozil aside they've all played well so far.

Master Splinter
19-02-2014, 08:17 PM
Gibbs :(.

Fucking cursed.

JonasTC
ffs! our team just cant get a fucking break, all our great performers getting killed

McNamara That Ghost...
Come on Monreal. Eek.

Niall_Quinn
Gibbs off injured. Monreal on. He is going to get murdered.

fakeyank
Ozil has got to be the biggest bottler we bought so far

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

Özim
19-02-2014, 08:18 PM
Best I've seen us play for a long time. Ozil aside they've all played well so far.

Yeah it has, started well, high tempo, created chances, it's been very good so far.

Niall_Quinn
19-02-2014, 08:18 PM
Great pressing. Can we do it for 90 mins?

Maestro
19-02-2014, 08:19 PM
this is bad news for tonight and the upcoming games

hope gibbs will be fit again soon. we need him.