PDA

View Full Version : When do you tell and when don't you tell?

MissHandbag
08-06-2011, 12:52 PM
This morning - wearing a nice new dress, I got of the first bus, trolled to the 2nd bus stop then thought 'the left side of my dress is hitching up'. Attempted to surreptiously pull the lining down but wouldn't stay put. So I inspect the right side and realise it's hitched up over my knickers. There were about 10 women at that bus stop, I can't believe not one of em had a little word in my ear.

I would have. But did get me thinking, how much do you tell someone? If it's a bogey and it's a friend etc, no problem - you just give em a tissue like but if it's a complete stranger?

Nozza!
08-06-2011, 12:54 PM
Oi, pwincess, you wanted equality so live with the consequences...for future reference get a mirror by the front door, 'cause you can never rely on the kindness of strangers...

Ollie the Optimist
08-06-2011, 12:55 PM
the other day was sat on the tube and some bloke opposite me told me that there was massive hole in my jeans right in the middle, luckily i had safety pins on me so could fix it. glad he said something otherwise would have got wierd looks for rest of day

MissHandbag
08-06-2011, 12:56 PM
Oi, pwincess, you wanted equality so live with the consequences...for future reference get a mirror by the front door, 'cause you can never rely on the kindness of strangers...

Not sure what it has to do with equality - I'd equally tell one of my male mates if he had a bogey showing or an accidental display of his smalls!

MissHandbag
08-06-2011, 12:57 PM
the other day was sat on the tube and some bloke opposite me told me that there was massive hole in my jeans right in the middle, luckily i had safety pins on me so could fix it. glad he said something otherwise would have got wierd looks for rest of day

Exactly - Mind you, did you wonder why he was looking?

Ollie the Optimist
08-06-2011, 01:01 PM
Exactly - Mind you, did you wonder why he was looking?

think it was probs because i was sitting with my legs apart and the hole was massive lol, that it was hard not to notice, well to all apart from me

Letters
08-06-2011, 01:06 PM
think it was probs because i was sitting with my legs apart and the hole was massive lol, that it was hard

Hmm.

LDG
08-06-2011, 02:14 PM
:haha:

fakeyank
08-06-2011, 02:16 PM
Hmm.

:haha:

Chrissie
08-06-2011, 06:51 PM
I'd tell strangers every time unless they looked a bit mad. It takes one to know one.

MissHandbag
09-06-2011, 09:47 AM
I'd tell strangers every time unless they looked a bit mad. It takes one to know one.

Yep and speaking to my patients yesterday they all said the same - I just got stuck at a snotty bus stop!

Bitches

Nozza!
09-06-2011, 09:51 AM
Oi, pwincess, I'd agree with a woman ranting about a bus stop incident if she was about to stab my jacksie with a hypodermic syringe, praying like mad that she's checked for air bubbles...

MissHandbag
09-06-2011, 09:55 AM
Oi, pwincess, I'd agree with a woman ranting about a bus stop incident if she was about to stab my jacksie with a hypodermic syringe, praying like mad that she's checked for air bubbles...

Me too