PDA

View Full Version : Arsenal V Everton, FA Cup, 12:45 KO

Pages : [1] 2

fakeyank
01-03-2014, 05:33 PM
Can see this going to extra time and killing all the players, making them ready for the mauling at Munich.

:ilt:

Marc Overmars
01-03-2014, 05:37 PM
I'm going to this.

This is a huge game, particularly now as we know we're unlikely to progress in the CL and fading in the league.

A win here will keep interest alive, a defeat would leave our season hanging on by the finest of threads and a poisonous atmosphere will ensue.

Oh and there's no extra time FY, goes to a replay if it's a draw.

McNamara That Ghost...
01-03-2014, 05:38 PM
:sick:

Lukaku is back annoyingly.

fakeyank
01-03-2014, 05:39 PM
I'm going to this.

This is a huge game, particularly now as we know we're unlikely to progress in the CL and fading in the league.

A win here will keep interest alive, a defeat would leave our season hanging on by the finest of threads and a poisonous atmosphere will ensue.

Replay?! :lol:

Oh dear lord, might as well. We are not winning the CL or the league anyway!

Xhaka Can’t
01-03-2014, 05:47 PM
We have to win this - don't even care if we go to ET in a replay. The FA Cup is the only show in town now.

milla
01-03-2014, 05:58 PM
An obvious line up should be,

scezney

Sagna
Mert
Kos
Gibbs

Flamini
Rosicky
Cazorla

Oxlade
Sanogo
Gnabry

However Wenger will definitely go with his default eleven of,

Fabianski

Sagna
Mert
Kos
Gibbs

Arteta
Wilshere
Ozil

Podolski
Giroud
Cazorla

:gp:

Master Splinter
01-03-2014, 05:59 PM
Well, Oxlade has to play every game he can from now on. He's made a difference in every game he's played this season. A few of us noticed that he looked different in pre-season and his output on the pitch seems to confirm he's made a step up. Just a shame it had to be delayed by a bastard injury and couldn't coincide with Ramsey also having his breakout.

On the subject of Ramsey, come back please. :pray:

Wilshere and Rosicky are seemingly alternating between excellent and terrible performances. Cazorla, despite his goals, has been poor for the most part. He's probably been worse than the hounded Ozil. Giroud wasn't great against Stoke, but what can he do with no-one near him or running beyond to link up. He's just as much a victim of a lack of pace, runners and overall cohesive forward play as Ozil supposedly is. When we play quick football, he links up well and contributes.

Anyway, we have to play a strong team, which mainly means our first choice back five these days. And a balanced front six, which is a lottery with Wenget at the moment. Anything less than a win here would be criminal really. A mildly competent, non-corrupt referee would be welcome too.

Hopefully something like:

Fabianski

Sagna
Mertesacker
Koscielny
Gibbs

Arteta/Flamini
Rosicky
Ozil

Oxlade
Sanogo/Giroud/Podolski
Gnabry

Prediction: 2-1 (Oxlade, Koscielny).

Niall_Quinn
01-03-2014, 09:00 PM
Wenger may well throw this one in terms of the team selection and then hope for the best. Everton will be up for it, that's for sure. A negative approach to preserve energy may well have the opposite outcome. Depends what the stats package spits out I suppose.

McNamara That Ghost...
01-03-2014, 09:06 PM
International friendlies midweek. Arteta and Flamini to start I'd guess.

IBK
01-03-2014, 09:07 PM
Our last chance to show some progress. Hard to call.

Niall_Quinn
01-03-2014, 09:13 PM
International friendlies midweek

That's got to be a joke?

When is this international so-called football going to be knocked on the head? Can you imagine any other sport allowing shit like this?

Ralpheroo72
01-03-2014, 11:39 PM
0-1 our attack is blunt. Sunderland were muck last week, and a Sunday league team would have beat them.

Niall_Quinn
01-03-2014, 11:55 PM
0-1 our attack is blunt. Sunderland were muck last week, and a Sunday league team would have beat them.

Tony?

Ralpheroo72
02-03-2014, 12:28 AM
Tony?

No, but cant see any reason to be positive. You think if we turn up the same way we did today, the result could go in our favour? I'd bet that Wegnet plays a weakened team for this.

AFC Leveller
02-03-2014, 07:58 AM
Only realistic hope of a trophy this season and a win would take us to the semis so we should play our best team and really go for it.

The home game against them showe dus that we cannot start on the back foot, we need to go at em nice from the off like we did against bayern and set the tempo.

2-1 if we play properly, 0-2 if we play like we have all season.

pmakgreb
02-03-2014, 08:41 AM
Bar the odd decent performance v Sunderland and Liverpool we have been woeful since Xmas particularly away. Think we will win this but as city are in the cup and we wont play at home thereafter we wont win it.

Özim
02-03-2014, 12:15 PM
Tony?

I told you before, Tony the Tiger is off working on a new flavour of cereal FFS! :fury:

Özim
02-03-2014, 12:17 PM
Bar the odd decent performance v Sunderland and Liverpool we have been woeful since Xmas particularly away. Think we will win this but as city are in the cup and we wont play at home thereafter we wont win it.

Yup I agree, we've been really lacklustre, no conviction and have scraped a lot of wins. We started to run out of steam in December and ever since then our form in terms of performance has been poor, eventually it was going to catch up with us, it has in the last few weeks and now we have another difficult run coming up and we're exhausted and totally out of form and heading for another collapse as usual.

selassie
02-03-2014, 12:32 PM
Only realistic hope of a trophy this season and a win would take us to the semis so we should play our best team and really go for it.

The home game against them showe dus that we cannot start on the back foot, we need to go at em nice from the off like we did against bayern and set the tempo.

2-1 if we play properly, 0-2 if we play like we have all season.

Yeah we certainly need to play well otherwise we will lose this game.

Its our only hope of a trophy, but IMO a distant hope seeing as City are still in the cup, I rate our chances of beating City at pretty much 0% TBH.

McNamara That Ghost...
02-03-2014, 12:53 PM
0%? :lol:

Özim
02-03-2014, 12:58 PM

Yeah I know I thought it was overly optimistic too!

Xhaka Can’t
02-03-2014, 01:11 PM
I told you before, Tony the Tiger is off working on a new flavour of cereal FFS! :fury:

And it wasn't funny then either.

Özim
02-03-2014, 01:13 PM
And it wasn't funny then either.

Much like your attempted jokes then, hey look we have something in common :coffee:

Letters
02-03-2014, 05:13 PM
You think if we turn up the same way we did today, the result could go in our favour?
If you've ever seen football before you'll know that one poor result/performance does not necessarily mean the following game will go similarly.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
02-03-2014, 08:18 PM
3-0

Ozil hattrick

selassie
02-03-2014, 08:22 PM

;)

Letters
02-03-2014, 09:59 PM
3-0

Ozil hattrick

:gp:

Munchies
02-03-2014, 11:59 PM
I'm going to this.

:ilt:

--
Fabianski

Gibbs
Kosc
Merts
Sagna

Flamini
Rosicky

Cazorla
Ozil
Ox

Sanogo

Ralpheroo72
03-03-2014, 02:40 AM
If you've ever seen football before you'll know that one poor result/performance does not necessarily mean the following game will go similarly.

Unfortunately I have watched football before, one other poor/result performance that springs to mind, was in the not too distant past e.g. Liverpool away. I would be more optimistic if the Stoke game was a blip, but it wasnt.

Xhaka Can’t
03-03-2014, 08:03 AM
Well we got past Liverpool during this sequence of shite. Everton are nowhere near the same calibre of opponent.

Ralpheroo72
03-03-2014, 09:47 AM
Well we got past Liverpool during this sequence of shite. Everton are nowhere near the same calibre of opponent.

You hit the nail on the head. 0-0 at home to Everton in the league was another bore fest.

KSE Comedy Club
03-03-2014, 11:53 PM
It should be noted that it's no coincidence that our poor run of form has coincided with the emergence of fake yank as a match thread starter.

#freemastersplinter

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
04-03-2014, 12:41 AM
I fancy us as it is pretty much all there is left for us. If you can't get it up for Beyonce you may as well be courting sheep. If you will excuse the analogy (as she is a married woman!).

I don't think there is quite the air of excitement and fairy dust surrounding Everton as there was earlier in the season either and I'd be amazed if the snuck into 4th and was never convinced they would to begin with.

fakeyank
04-03-2014, 02:54 AM
It should be noted that it's no coincidence that our poor run of form has coincided with the emergence of fake yank as a match thread starter.

#freemastersplinter

Negro, whatchu talkin' bout? Bruv, all my recent match threads have been Vins for us.

Özim
04-03-2014, 03:28 PM
I think we'll probably win this, I don't however think we'll win the cup, City winning the CC on Sunday will give them belief they can win this as well and they have a better team with genuine matchwinners, even when not playing well.

PGFC
04-03-2014, 03:56 PM
It's an early kick-off, so concentrating on 4th place it is <_<

Letters
04-03-2014, 04:39 PM
I think we'll probably win this, I don't however think we'll win the cup, City winning the CC on Sunday will give them belief they can win this as well and they have a better team with genuine matchwinners, even when not playing well.
Amazing what a billion quid can do for you.

adzzzbatch
04-03-2014, 07:15 PM
It's an early kick-off, so concentrating on 4th place it is <_<

0-4 after 20 mins as well probably :(

Niall_Quinn
04-03-2014, 08:42 PM

They have genuine match winners some of the time. Toure was abject shit in that game until he swung a boot, nailed a do it 100 times score once fluke, and cunts like Jamie Redknapp whipped their knobs out and started thrashing and screaming. On other occasions though, their match winners have been conspicuously absent.

Özim
04-03-2014, 09:23 PM
Amazing what a billion quid can do for you.

You say that but Wigan beat them last year, money doesn't always guarantee victory, heart and desire and sometimes luck earnt by stubborn defending and hard work triumphs.

Football isn't always about money, sometimes it's about the collective and the will to win.

LDG
04-03-2014, 09:25 PM
You hit the nail on the head. 0-0 at home to Everton in the league was another bore fest.

Even when it was 1-1

Özim
04-03-2014, 09:26 PM
They have genuine match winners some of the time. Toure was abject shit in that game until he swung a boot, nailed a do it 100 times score once fluke, and cunts like Jamie Redknapp whipped their knobs out and started thrashing and screaming. On other occasions though, their match winners have been conspicuously absent.

That's what matchwinners are, players that when you're not performing score a goal that turns a game, you might he nailed it and it's a fluke, I counter that by saying that's what big players do, we use to have some once upon a time.

I remember a cup final we played in where we dominated and a certain Michael Owen scored two goals in the last few minutes to deny us, he was a matchwinner at the time, it's not all about dominating possession and a game, players who can swing a boot and score a spectacular goal out of nowhere, or make a decisive run can often be the difference between winning and losing.

If you've got a group of players who hang their heads and think they've lost when things aren't going their way you're always going to find it hard to win, they have players who believe they can win even when the odds are against them, those are winners, it's true that money brought them to City, but it doesn't change the fact these players are game changers.

Shaqiri Is Boss
04-03-2014, 09:28 PM
I remember a cup final we played in where we dominated and a certain Michael Owen scored two goals in the last few minutes to deny us, he was a matchwinner at the time,

Henchoz had a hand in it as well, tbf.

Özim
04-03-2014, 09:32 PM

:lol: Yeah, that was a horrible day!

GP
04-03-2014, 09:42 PM

Are you still here?

Shaqiri Is Boss
04-03-2014, 09:48 PM
Are you still here?
Until we win the league.

:oldboy:

Özim
04-03-2014, 10:08 PM
Until we win the league.

:oldboy:

You're welcome round here.

Letters
04-03-2014, 10:24 PM
You say that but Wigan beat them last year, money doesn't always guarantee victory, heart and desire and sometimes luck earnt by stubborn defending and hard work triumphs.

Football isn't always about money, sometimes it's about the collective and the will to win.
In a one off game it is, of course, possible to beat the money cheats. You need a lot of luck though and it's getting harder and harder. Increasingly the billionaires are buying up more and more trophies. I'm increasingly less bothered about which billionaire beats which other billionaire to which trophies.

KSE Comedy Club
04-03-2014, 11:51 PM
Negro, whatchu talkin' bout? Bruv, all my recent match threads have been Vins for us.
What am I talking about?

Honestly?........I don't know :shrug:

IBK
05-03-2014, 09:18 AM

Personally, I see it a bit differently. My concern is that if we do get through to a final with Citeh, it will be our mentality rather than their skill that is the issue. If we really go for it from the get go we can damage them more than Sunderland did. Sunderland showed what happens to any team once they are got at - and should have scored another with an open goal begging, too.

AFC Leveller
05-03-2014, 09:34 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9ozA0wq_xk

Love that goal.

Injury Time
05-03-2014, 09:22 PM

Love that goal.

Bring back Hleb, only one consistently on Rosicky wavelength...

Munchies
05-03-2014, 11:01 PM
Kallstrom could be on the bench for the game

Ralpheroo72
06-03-2014, 12:05 AM
Even when it was 1-1

See, I forgot about the goals it was that shit. Since they upped my meds, memory isnt what it used to be! Thanks!

Xhaka Can’t
06-03-2014, 07:58 AM
Nil-nil, 1-1.

It doesn't matter. We need to put in a better and more positive performance than last time out.

GP
06-03-2014, 08:24 AM
Kallstrom could be on the bench for the game

It's on!

fakeyank
06-03-2014, 10:02 AM
Kallstrom gonna win us the treble. :bow:

Jonas to prove the pessimists wrong! :bow:

LDG
06-03-2014, 10:19 AM
See, I forgot about the goals it was that shit. Since they upped my meds, memory isnt what it used to be! Thanks!

:lol:

Yeah. Like Gary says, we need a better performance than last time out, as they pretty much bossed us in that game iirc.

Marc Overmars
06-03-2014, 10:51 AM
Think we'll probably pub a win. 2-1 or something.

Certainly don't want a replay as it will fall amongst the death run of games.

Niall_Quinn
06-03-2014, 07:13 PM
This is going to be a walk in the park. Everton are inferior to us in every position on the field, and not just by a small degree but by a chasm. Our players and manager are hopefully utterly pissed off by the shite they've been getting from the media slugs and our own plastics. Hopefully they'll go out and play for themselves and stick two fingers up to every fucker. Even if they continue to have faith in the faithless fans and the prawn sandwich munching home tourists, either way we're winning this because Everton can only compete if we don't turn up and there's no fucking way we are not turning up for this one.

Landslide, we'll win by 4.

KSE Comedy Club
07-03-2014, 08:24 AM
This is going to be a walk in the park. Everton are inferior to us in every position on the field, and not just by a small degree but by a chasm. Our players and manager are hopefully utterly pissed off by the shite they've been getting from the media slugs and our own plastics. Hopefully they'll go out and play for themselves and stick two fingers up to every fucker. Even if they continue to have faith in the faithless fans and the prawn sandwich munching home tourists, either way we're winning this because Everton can only compete if we don't turn up and there's no fucking way we are not turning up for this one.

Landslide, we'll win by 4.you said he same thing about pool before they spanked us 5-1.

I'm not sure I trust this post

PGFC
07-03-2014, 09:08 AM
Way my luck's going this week we'll lose this 0-1 in the 95th minute off Kos's arse.

McNamara That Ghost...
07-03-2014, 09:28 AM
No Jagielka for Everton possibly.

Injury Time
07-03-2014, 10:08 AM
Way my luck's going this week we'll lose this 0-1 in the 95th minute off Giroud's cock.
Efa
"he scores when he wants, he scores when he wants, on and off the pitch he scores when he wants":scarf: :sulk:

PGFC
07-03-2014, 10:39 AM
:tiphat:

GP
07-03-2014, 10:57 AM
Way my luck's going this week we'll lose this 0-1 in the 95th minute off Kos's arse.

GOOD NEWS!

Kos is a doubt for this one.

Niall_Quinn
07-03-2014, 01:14 PM
you said he same thing about pool before they spanked us 5-1.

I'm not sure I trust this post

That wasn't me, it was my cousin.

Niall_Quinn
07-03-2014, 01:14 PM
GOOD NEWS!

Kos is a doubt for this one.

Not another fucking international friendly surely?

Power n Glory
08-03-2014, 10:09 AM
I'm hearing talk of Arteta and Flamini paired in the centre. Everton will dominate possession against us if we play that pair and it's risky unless we're looking to hit them on the break with quick wingers. If we decide to start the pair with Ozil up top, we should probably start Ox and Pod on the wing for counters.

Personally, I'd like to see Rosicky and Flamini start in the centre with Ozil ahead, Ox on the right and Cazorla on the left. Rosicky will work his socks off in the middle with Flamini if we need to win the ball back plus play well on the half turn to mount attacks with pace.

Up front, I'm not fussed. We don't have strikers that can make a major differnce. Bendy, Sanogo, Giourd....all similar with flaws and probably low on confidence. We'll need the middle to create good chances for them.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
08-03-2014, 10:52 AM

Love that goal.

Aye was actually at Anfield that day, very rarely been to Arsenal away matches and expected us to get a hiding.....wasn't a particurlarly great game if i remember just three very memorable goals from us.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
08-03-2014, 10:55 AM
SZCZESNY, SAGNA, MERTESACKER, KOSCIELNY, GIBBS, FLAMINI, ROSICKY, CAZORLA, OXLADE-CHAMBERLAIN, PODOLSKI, GIROUD (what team should be)

FABIANSKI, JENKINSON, MERTESACKER, VERMAELEN, MONREAL, ARTETA, FLAMINI, OZIL, GNABRY, PODOLSKI, SANOGO (What team probably will be)

JonasTC
08-03-2014, 10:59 AM
Nah Wenger will put himself on the field, alone, just to piss off all the supports because he hates the club.

Özim
08-03-2014, 11:07 AM
Nah Wenger will put himself on the field, alone, just to piss off all the supports because he hates the club.

Now I know you're lying, he gets £7.5 million a year, noone would hate someone paying them that much, especially if they are not under great pressure to be successful.

KSE Comedy Club
08-03-2014, 11:15 AM
What's this being shown on anyway?

milla
08-03-2014, 11:28 AM

It is live on ESPN Star Bangla.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
08-03-2014, 11:28 AM

A television

GP
08-03-2014, 11:30 AM

It's on ITV

Letters
08-03-2014, 11:35 AM
He is under pressure but the board's definition of success is not the same as your own.

(EDIT: @Zimm)

Heisenberg
08-03-2014, 11:36 AM
Massive game. Come on, Arsenal, be up for the cup this year :scarf:

KSE Comedy Club
08-03-2014, 11:37 AM
So it's on everything then :lol:

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
08-03-2014, 11:41 AM
He is under pressure but the board's definition of success is not the same as your own.

very true, theirs is defined by the balance sheet and ours by silverware

Özim
08-03-2014, 11:43 AM

Or ITV if you're in the UK.

Özim
08-03-2014, 11:45 AM

He doesn't seem to be under any great pressure to be fair, he's constantly getting praised by all of them and there's always talk of a new contract.

As mentioned though, their definition of success is monetary.

Letters
08-03-2014, 11:54 AM
very true, theirs is defined by the balance sheet and ours by silverware

Mine isn't silverware. Not just silverware anyway, that's far too simplistic.
And, like it or not, the balance sheet cannot be ignored unless you're a Chelsea or a City who can do what they like and just keep spending till they blunder their way to success. Any other club doing that would have long since gone bankrupt.

Heisenberg
08-03-2014, 11:56 AM
Fabianski, Sagna, Mertesacker, Vermaelen, Gibbs, Arteta, Flamini, Ozil, Cazorla, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Sanogo

Subs: Viviano, Jenkinson, Rosicky, Gnabry, Podolski, Ryo, Giroud

McNamara That Ghost...
08-03-2014, 12:01 PM
ITV1's programme on in a minute.

Özim
08-03-2014, 12:03 PM
And, like it or not, the balance sheet cannot be ignored unless you're a Chelsea or a City who can do what they like and just keep spending till they blunder their way to success. Any other club doing that would have long since gone bankrupt.

Noone said it should be ignored, people are probably annoyed that this seems to be the only real goal for the club. Qualification for the Cl gets sold as a trophy because it basically is a money pot, it's not a trophy and all it's done is undermine the real trophies. CL is about money nothing else and the club must be thrilled that they can keep the fans happy by picking up 4th every season and swelling the bank balance at the same time, I don't see the appeal of playing Europe's biggest clubs if there's never any unpredictability in the end result for us (as a big club).

As for the silverware, after spending almost 9 years building a team at a top club, it's not really unreasonable to have something to show for it other than a healthy balance sheet.

Munchies
08-03-2014, 12:05 PM
ITV1's programme on in a minute.

was just gonna ask that, :good:

JonasTC
08-03-2014, 12:05 PM
Sanogo :bow:

Munchies
08-03-2014, 12:06 PM
Fabianski, Sagna, Mertesacker, Vermaelen, Gibbs, Arteta, Flamini, Ozil, Cazorla, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Sanogo

that midfield 2 worries me

Good to see Wenger's fed up of Giroud

McNamara That Ghost...
08-03-2014, 12:10 PM

Everton: Robles, Coleman, Stones, Distin, Baines, McCarthy, Barry, Mirallas, Barkley, Pienaar, Lukaku.
Subs: Hibbert, McGeady, Deulofeu, Naismith, Osman, Howard, Browning.

Referee: Mark Clattenburg (Tyne & Wear)

McNamara That Ghost...
08-03-2014, 12:11 PM
ITV gave Flamini a cake with candles signifying every season we hadn't won a trophy. WTF?

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
08-03-2014, 12:15 PM

I don't know i don't think it is too simplistic, on an individual game by game basis if you go to a football match you go to watch your team win and to be entertained, but in the final analysis though the hope of any football supporter is that their team wins trophies. For me the desire to see Arsenal win a trophy superseeds anything else....i appreciate that your saying that there is no real pleasure if the team has just bought it's way to success but there is a grey area even with that. Would I feel in the back of my mind had we gone down the city/chelsea route that we had won silverware illegitimately?....yeah probably, but i'd still be happy we won something even if it was done in a bit of an underhand way.
This prat who supports Plymouth said he wanted us to lose on the Lawrensen prediction thing because we moan about not winning trophies and it's a bit spoilt compared to his aspirations for his club, the desire for any football fan is a trophy however yes as a Plymouth fan there is a much greater divergence between desire and expectancy.
The thing is as supporters of Arsenal our expectancy is much higher, we pay the highest ticket prices in Europe, on top of that we as a club have just signed two of the most financially lucrative sponsorship deals in footballing history....the infrastructure of the club has it that we can to some degree compete in the transfer market with chelsea and man city and without being bankrolled by a ominious benefactor.
We are not in a position to hold our hands up and say silverware is not possible, can we expect to win the league year in year out...obviously not, can we expect to challenge for it until the bitter end year in year out....yes actually i think we are entitled to expect that.

Munchies
08-03-2014, 12:16 PM
ITV gave Flamini a cake with candles signifying every season we hadn't won a trophy. WTF?

cunts

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
08-03-2014, 12:18 PM
Everton: Robles, Coleman, Stones, Distin, Baines, McCarthy, Barry, Mirallas, Barkley, Pienaar, Lukaku.
Subs: Hibbert, McGeady, Deulofeu, Naismith, Osman, Howard, Browning.

Referee: Mark Clattenburg (Tyne & Wear)

Again with Sanogo?....i'm sorry but just because he's enthusiastic and runs around a lot doesn't mean he has the required quality. The guy is League 2 quality....i don't want to be overly critical because i respect his desire and enthusiasm but at this level you either have it or you don't and he doesn't.

Edinburgh Gooner
08-03-2014, 12:19 PM
Or ITV if you're in the UK.

Not in Scotland. If I cant use my TV I have to use a stream lol. Got my laptop at work with mobile internet so sorted.

JonasTC
08-03-2014, 12:20 PM
I would argue, that he had it when we played versus the best team in the World... Everton should be nothing for him :)

Munchies
08-03-2014, 12:20 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BiNE8h4CMAAmbEe.png

Munchies
08-03-2014, 12:22 PM
"I left to win trophies"

:lol:

Ollie the Optimist
08-03-2014, 12:27 PM

if you are going to do that, i probably wouldn't pick Flamini. i hope he ripped their faces off the stupid bunch of cunts

McNamara That Ghost...
08-03-2014, 12:29 PM
Well he laughed.

I'd have thrown it at Clarke tbf.

JonasTC
08-03-2014, 12:30 PM
I love the media :bow:

Im watching it on Danish TV and they're like "Arsenal is shit, Özil is a flop, bla bla bla" - "Everton is amazing, Lukaku is an über beast (dont tell them Giroud has scored more goals), Everton :cloud9:"

The English media has succeded to spread the hatred towards us, to other parts of the World.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
08-03-2014, 12:30 PM
I would argue, that he had it when we played versus the best team in the World... Everton should be nothing for him :)

You may very well think that, i couldn't possibly comment

scratch that....again in that game yes i could see the drive and determination and in a one off game he didn't play badly for about ten minutes which is credit to him. It also makes you question players like Giroud who although not good enough to be starting for us either, has far more ability than Sanogo and just doesn't seem to be interested....if he had half the desire and appetite that Sanogo has shown in the last few games what a difference that would make for us....same with Bendtner and Podolski.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
08-03-2014, 12:32 PM
Poor Podolski, he doesn't seem to realise that he isn't going to get games no matter how many times he hashtags on twitter about the club and his love for it.

I really hope we sell him in the summer, because he clearly wants to play football and the manager obviously doesn't rate him.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
08-03-2014, 12:33 PM
Also can anyone explain to me why Arteta is still allowed to play for this club?

If my performances at work, were like his on the pitch...i'd be sent on gardening leave and probably unpaid as well.

Özim
08-03-2014, 12:34 PM

Im watching it on Danish TV and they're like "Arsenal is shit, Özil is a flop, bla bla bla" - "Everton is amazing, Lukaku is an über beast (dont tell them Giroud has scored more goals), Everton :cloud9:"

The English media has succeded to spread the hatred towards us, to other parts of the World.

I'm not sure the English media have any influence on media from other countries, maybe just maybe the expectations of Arsenal are somewhat higher than Everton's due to our success in the 90s and early 00s.

JonasTC
08-03-2014, 12:35 PM
Its disgusting to watch this :s Seriously it was all positives for Everton and all negatives for Arsenal, they're seriously talking about it like Everton is a combination of Barca and Bayern and they're going to meet a team thats on level with Fulham/Sunderland/etc.

Power n Glory
08-03-2014, 12:35 PM
that midfield 2 worries me

Good to see Wenger's fed up of Giroud

A slight worry with that midfield pairing. We often get dominated with those two and Everton can play ball. Ox will be key for this game.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
08-03-2014, 12:36 PM

Can you imagine how many goals Lukaku would have scored if he was playing in front of our midfield instead of Barry and McCarthy.....my conservative estimate would be a lot.

Özim
08-03-2014, 12:36 PM
Can you imagine how many goals Lukaku would have scored if he was playing in front of our midfield instead of Barry and McCarthy.....my conservative estimate would be a lot.

Yes but Giroud has scored more goals so he must be better, if only it was that simple.

McNamara That Ghost...
08-03-2014, 12:37 PM
Poor Podolski, he doesn't seem to realise that he isn't going to get games no matter how many times he hashtags on twitter about the club and his love for it.

I really hope we sell him in the summer, because he clearly wants to play football and the manager obviously doesn't rate him.

Well he needs to put in better performances than the tripe served up against Stoke. Otherwise poor Podolski nothing.

McNamara That Ghost...
08-03-2014, 12:37 PM

He'd have scored none because Mourinho would not loan him to us.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
08-03-2014, 12:38 PM
A slight worry with that midfield pairing. We often get dominated with those two and Everton can play ball. Ox will be key for this game.

Don't be silly, you know as well as I do that Wenger doesn't know how to pick a football side to get a proper balance....why else would he have cazorla playing on the wings, ramsey and wilshere playing in the same team etc

Özim
08-03-2014, 12:39 PM
Well he needs to put in better performances than the tripe served up against Stoke. Otherwise poor Podolski nothing.

He's another player I'm not convinced our style suits, the German players seem to play more face paced counter attacking football which seems to suit them.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
08-03-2014, 12:39 PM
He'd have scored none because Mourinho would not loan him to us.

Pedant!

Munchies
08-03-2014, 12:42 PM

Aha!

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
08-03-2014, 12:43 PM

Actually to be fair, not playing Podolski is one of the team picking decisions made by Wenger that i agree with....basically even when he does play he might as well be sitting at home in his conservatory smoking roll ups and listening to Band of Gypsies on his ipod...because the amount of influence he has on games we might as well be playing with ten men when he plays. I emphasised that i feel sorry for him because he wants to play, but when he does he doesn't give us anything....no point being a great finisher if you are not putting yourself in a position to have chances to score.

McNamara That Ghost...
08-03-2014, 12:45 PM
Come on Arsenal. :bow:

McNamara That Ghost...
08-03-2014, 12:46 PM
Arteta takes Barry out early on. :bow:

Özim
08-03-2014, 12:48 PM
Sanogo needs a goal, the longer he goes without one the harder it will get for him.

McNamara That Ghost...
08-03-2014, 12:50 PM
Ox flying in, taking over the Wilshere role.

Özim
Oxo good stuff, love the guy, real quality player :bow:

JonasTC
I love how Ox looks like he's on fire everytime he's been playing lately

McNamara That Ghost...
08-03-2014, 12:51 PM
That Baines cross didn't look like it was going to trouble much but it did.

Distin. :lol:

Özim
Lukaku almost got a shot there 5 yards away from goal!

Power n Glory
Everton have done flying out the blocks and pressing hard. They'll make it difficult for us to pass it out of our area.

McNamara That Ghost...
ÖZIL!!!!!

Özim
08-03-2014, 12:52 PM
OZILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL !!!!

Munchies
ozil!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heisenberg
Özil!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JonasTC
HAHAHA best answer ever from Özil :cloud9:

Power n Glory
Beauty!!!! Santi and Ozil!

McNamara That Ghost...
08-03-2014, 12:53 PM
Good shot from Sanogo, Joel saves.

Özim
08-03-2014, 12:53 PM
If Wilshere had been playing, we'd still be waiting for that attack, it would also be through the centre.

McNamara That Ghost...
08-03-2014, 12:54 PM
Now Joel saves from Ox's howitzer.

Özim
Oxo shot from 25 yards, keeper saves it!

Munchies
Great goal, that accuracy :bow:

Power n Glory
Ox with a stinger!

McNamara That Ghost...
08-03-2014, 12:55 PM
Good chance for Pienaar, Sagna just there making the most to put him off. Eek.

Özim
08-03-2014, 12:55 PM
Sagna gave the ball away, followed by some shocking defending and then Sagna just does enough to stop Pienaar from scoring.

McNamara That Ghost...
08-03-2014, 12:58 PM
Poor from Flamini.

Özil at left back. :bow:

Özim
08-03-2014, 12:58 PM
Barkley great play, completely did Flamini, Ozil saves us.

Özim
08-03-2014, 12:59 PM
In the summer, we should swap Wilshere for Barkley and Gibbs for Shaw IMO.

Power n Glory
08-03-2014, 01:01 PM
We need to hit these punks on the break again.

McNamara That Ghost...
08-03-2014, 01:02 PM
Great play from Özil and Gibbs, Gibbs' shot charged down.

Özim
08-03-2014, 01:02 PM
Ozil playing well today!

McNamara That Ghost...
08-03-2014, 01:03 PM
Shot on target from BFG? :whistle:

Power n Glory
08-03-2014, 01:03 PM
Vermaelen bombing forward for no bloody reason! :lol: Why hasn't someone had a word with him?

McNamara That Ghost...
08-03-2014, 01:04 PM
BFG messes up but then rectifies it, bit like Ox just before.

Xhaka Can’t
08-03-2014, 01:05 PM
Come on Arsenal. :bow:

Piss off - this is GW.

McNamara That Ghost...
08-03-2014, 01:05 PM
Ox wants his wondergoal.

McNamara That Ghost...
08-03-2014, 01:06 PM
Baines. :lol:

GP
Jor'el likes a flap

fakeyank
Top start from the boys today! Let's bitchslap these cunts! :scarf:

GP
08-03-2014, 01:07 PM
Top start from the boys today! Let's bitchslap these cunts! :scarf:

No, we can only cuntslap these bitches.

McNamara That Ghost...
08-03-2014, 01:08 PM
Cazorla didn't have much chance with that lay off.

McNamara That Ghost...
08-03-2014, 01:09 PM
Sagna cross, Joel pushes it back on to the bar!

Power n Glory
Sanogo should have controlled that and banged it. Poor pass as well but he'll learn.

McNamara That Ghost...
Flamini booked. :o

Xhaka Can’t
08-03-2014, 01:10 PM
Yellow for Flamster - deserved tbf.

McNamara That Ghost...
08-03-2014, 01:10 PM
Joel is brilliant.

Xhaka Can’t
08-03-2014, 01:11 PM
We need to shoot at every opportunity.

GP
08-03-2014, 01:13 PM
Jor'el :haha:

McNamara That Ghost...
08-03-2014, 01:17 PM
1-1 Lukaku. FFS.

Munchies
08-03-2014, 01:17 PM
fuk sake

JonasTC
08-03-2014, 01:18 PM
Wtf is Flappyanski doing? He should have just taken the ball, before it even came across

Özim
We're cocking this up again :rolleyes:

Power n Glory
Too many men forward.

McNamara That Ghost...
Good save from Joel off Ox.

Xhaka Can’t
08-03-2014, 01:19 PM
Had Ozil taken his shot instead of passing it to Arteta who was in a far worse position with no space, that wouldn't have happened.

Power n Glory
We're cocking this up again :rolleyes:

I think we have goals in this one to win. Ox, Cazorla and Ozil look up for this game.

McNamara That Ghost...
Mirallas straight at Fabianski.

JonasTC
08-03-2014, 01:20 PM
Had Ozil taken his shot instead of passing it to Arteta who was in a far worse position with no space, that wouldn't have happened.

Why did we ever buy this guy? Root of all mistakes in this team :d

Power n Glory
08-03-2014, 01:22 PM

Will have to see again but thought Arteta hesitated too long and maybe should have hit it first time. Will see the replay.

Xhaka Can’t
08-03-2014, 01:23 PM
Why did we ever buy this guy? Root of all mistakes in this team :d

It was just an observation. Ozil had space, Arteta didn't and he just kicked it at a defender.

That was one of the occasions where Ozil had an opportunity to take the game to Everton, to use his skill, but he passed the buck there.

Xhaka Can’t
08-03-2014, 01:24 PM
Will have to see again but thought Arteta hesitated too long and maybe should have hit it first time. Will see the replay.

Possibly, I haven't looked at it again myself, but Ozil definitely had space there.

McNamara That Ghost...
Özil. :lol:

Injury Time
Özil best feet in the world :haha:

Newguy
08-03-2014, 01:25 PM
Will have to see again but thought Arteta hesitated too long and maybe should have hit it first time. Will see the replay.Arteta did hesitate.... Where is rosicky?? Hate Arteta lol

McNamara That Ghost...
Cazorla volley, deflects for a corner.

Özim
I think we have goals in this one to win. Ox, Cazorla and Ozil look up for this game.

I agree, we started really well though shame to find ourselves at 1-1.

McNamara That Ghost...
08-03-2014, 01:27 PM
Well done Ox. After ballsing up by running in to a wall.

Xhaka Can’t
?Brilliant by Ox

Power n Glory
Arteta did hesitate.... Where is rosicky?? Hate Arteta lol

I prefer Rosicky as well. Snappier player but also tough in the tackle.

McNamara That Ghost...
08-03-2014, 01:28 PM
Well done Ox again!

Injury Time
?Brilliant by Ox

Best centre back we have tbh

Xhaka Can’t
Awful by Ox.

Good recovery though.

Injury Time
08-03-2014, 01:29 PM
Rosicky is being saved for the honourable 1-0 win at Bayern:ninja:

McNamara That Ghost...
08-03-2014, 01:30 PM
Two added minutes.

McNamara That Ghost...
08-03-2014, 01:31 PM
Lukaku trying to help us out.

Xhaka Can’t
Disappointing to be level at the half.

GP
Jor'el is terrible.

Injury Time
08-03-2014, 01:32 PM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

pakgunner
Our midfield lacks energy and pace, Flamini is definitely playing more conservative with that yellow. The Ox has been our best by far, we need more off the ball running and quicker recovery when they counter, Arteta is too slow. For the 2nd half we need to bring on Gnabry or Rosicky and move Ox to the middle to add more pace and energy, perhaps take off flamini ,but we need change in the midfield.

McNamara That Ghost...
1-1 HT. Everton are becoming a real problem for us to put away. :(

Injury Time
;)

Özim
Ox :bow:

Wonderful player, skill and workrate!

Munchies
08-03-2014, 01:33 PM
penalties or a replay if its a draw ?

GP
08-03-2014, 01:33 PM
Played really well. Bossed it mostly, and should be winning comfortably. Flamini the clear weak link. Ox is a great player.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
08-03-2014, 01:36 PM
Frustrating game in a way because on one hand, you have Oxlade Chamberlain, Cazorla and Ozil linking up and playing really, really well...on the other hand there is such a yawning gap between midfield and defence that we are making them look decent on the counter attack because they have some pace in their side through Barkley and Mirallas.

Sorry to have to say, but Sanogo's performance has proved my point, bags of energy and enthusiasm that will make him look good for ten-fifteen minutes but hasn't got the quality or positioning to actually give him any genuine threat for any longer than that.

Blame Arteta for the goal, far too far forward and should be staying back to protect Flamini who was on a yellow by this point.

selassie
08-03-2014, 01:36 PM
Played really well. Bossed it mostly, and should be winning comfortably. Flamini the clear weak link. Ox is a great player.

I think we have done OK, we look pretty good going forward & have played with urgency but we do not look secure at the back. When Everton counter they look a real threat. I think we need to score another 2 more to win this because I def think we'll concede again.

McNamara That Ghost...
08-03-2014, 01:37 PM
penalties or a replay if its a draw ?

Replay. Write this down so you remember for next season. :good:

Power n Glory
08-03-2014, 01:37 PM
Our midfield lacks energy and pace, Flamini is definitely playing more conservative with that yellow. The Ox has been our best by far, we need more off the ball running and quicker recovery when they counter, Arteta is too slow. For the 2nd half we need to bring on Gnabry or Rosicky and move Ox to the middle to add more pace and energy, perhaps take off flamini ,but we need change in the midfield.

Flamini messed up with that yellow card. We're vulnerable on the counter now. Arteta is too slow to get close to his opponent but Flams could get a yellow!

GP
08-03-2014, 01:38 PM
Is Peter Reid drunk?

pakgunner
08-03-2014, 01:41 PM
and not quick enough to recover when we need to, Sagna was to easily overran by Miralles for their goal. Barkley should have been taken down by Gibbs who was chasing, Flamini had to held back

Xhaka Can’t
08-03-2014, 01:42 PM
Who is on the bench? I don't trust Flamini to not get another yellow.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
08-03-2014, 01:43 PM
1-1 HT. Everton are becoming a real problem for us to put away. :(

let's be honest with ourselves most teams are, we have played some of the worst teams to play in the premier league at the emirates this season and have scrapped 2-0 wins. Even with a midfield trio of Ox, Ozil and Cazorla where it works because Cazorla is playing in the middle if you have someone like Sanogo up front it's not going to work.

pakgunner
08-03-2014, 01:44 PM
Arteta has been terrible today going too far forward with no substance, and Sanogo's 1st touch is none existant.
Frustrating game in a way because on one hand, you have Oxlade Chamberlain, Cazorla and Ozil linking up and playing really, really well...on the other hand there is such a yawning gap between midfield and defence that we are making them look decent on the counter attack because they have some pace in their side through Barkley and Mirallas.

Sorry to have to say, but Sanogo's performance has proved my point, bags of energy and enthusiasm that will make him look good for ten-fifteen minutes but hasn't got the quality or positioning to actually give him any genuine threat for any longer than that.

Blame Arteta for the goal, far too far forward and should be staying back to protect Flamini who was on a yellow by this point.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
08-03-2014, 01:45 PM
Who is on the bench? I don't trust Flamini to not get another yellow.

Rosicky, need Flamini to come off, Rosicky on (because actually he has shown in some games he can put it about and he's still very quick for a 33 year old), and Giroud on for Sanogo.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
08-03-2014, 01:45 PM
Arteta has been terrible today going too far forward with no substance, and Sanogo's 1st touch is none existant.

Yes

Munchies
08-03-2014, 01:46 PM
Replay. Write this down so you remember for next season. :good:

Semi-finals go to penalties then when its a draw ?

McNamara That Ghost...
08-03-2014, 01:48 PM
Come on Arsenal you berks.

pakgunner
I'm going to have to disagree with Lee Dixon's comment that this Arsenal team is better than last years team at the same point. Less team cohesion and pace.

McNamara That Ghost...
Semi-finals go to penalties then when its a draw ?

Yup.

GP
08-03-2014, 01:49 PM
Clive gets his Man Utd mention in nice and early. Well done.

JonasTC
Arteta is so bad :s

McNamara That Ghost...
Great turn from Arteta, shame about the touch.

Xhaka Can’t
08-03-2014, 01:50 PM
Come on Arsenal!

McNamara That Ghost...
08-03-2014, 01:52 PM
Ox scuff on the volley.

Xhaka Can’t
08-03-2014, 01:52 PM
Scuffed that badly that Joel was able to catch it.

McNamara That Ghost...
08-03-2014, 01:53 PM
We dominated the FA Cup in the late 90s apparently. :unsure:

pakgunner
08-03-2014, 01:53 PM
has sagna crossed ball that beats the first man?

McNamara That Ghost...
08-03-2014, 01:55 PM
Cazorla volleys it miles away.

JonasTC
08-03-2014, 01:56 PM
Bad passes and bad finishes :s we're fucking it up for ourselfs

McNamara That Ghost...
08-03-2014, 01:56 PM
Barkley puts it wide.

Horrific from Vermaelen.

Slacker
08-03-2014, 01:57 PM
has sagna crossed ball that beats the first man?

He'll start getting it right when he joins PSG...

Xhaka Can’t
08-03-2014, 01:57 PM
Another brainfart leads to a chance that should have been taken.

The good old days are well and truly back.

Injury Time
08-03-2014, 01:59 PM
Our midfield gettin bossed, FFS Wenger don't wait until 70 we'll be behind

McNamara That Ghost...
08-03-2014, 01:59 PM
Joel with a good save from Cazorla.

pakgunner
08-03-2014, 02:00 PM
where's the support?

Injury Time
08-03-2014, 02:01 PM
Arsene too tight to buy new water bottles

Slacker
08-03-2014, 02:01 PM
Has anyone ever shown Cazorla how to take a corner FFS? He places it in the wrong side of the D and is always at risk of putting it out.

Injury Time
08-03-2014, 02:02 PM
Ox :crying:

McNamara That Ghost...
08-03-2014, 02:02 PM
BFG charges down on Barkley. Phew.

Thierrymon
08-03-2014, 02:03 PM
Standard of football has dropped this half. I feel that's more to Everton's advantage than ours.

McNamara That Ghost...
Sanogo off, Giroud on.

Injury Time
Princess Arteta just get off you nonce

JonasTC
08-03-2014, 02:04 PM
I wish for just one succesful pass :pray:

Munchies
Giroud on

Xhaka Can’t
Good to see Giroud on, but it is the MF that is the problem right now.

McNamara That Ghost...
08-03-2014, 02:05 PM
Good play, Distin clears it.

saintnickle
08-03-2014, 02:06 PM

Our strikers are only there to bring the midfield into play nothing more.Wenger doesnt expect any goals out of them

Injury Time
08-03-2014, 02:06 PM
Princess Arteta just get off you nonce

Again

KSE Comedy Club
08-03-2014, 02:07 PM
Arteta's pissin me off today

McNamara That Ghost...
08-03-2014, 02:08 PM
Mirallas. :haha:

Injury Time
08-03-2014, 02:09 PM