PDA

View Full Version : Spurs vs Arsenal. Sun 16th March. 16:00

Pages : [1] 2

Marc Overmars
10-03-2014, 11:45 AM
Has to be a win really if we want to keep our fading title hopes alive and also remove concerns about being involved in a 4th place scrap.

McNamara That Ghost...
10-03-2014, 11:53 AM
Didn't you want to make the Bayern match thread?

Marc Overmars
10-03-2014, 11:55 AM
Whoops.

Totally forgot about that game. Shows how little I care for it after the first leg.

Xhaka Can’t
10-03-2014, 12:22 PM
Tbf, this game is far more important than the Bayern game.

Niall_Quinn
10-03-2014, 01:00 PM
Should be a routine 3 points. Hopefully we don't pick up any injuries beforehand. We should be fine though, all our players will get sent off in Germany so we'll be well rested.

AFC Leveller
10-03-2014, 02:16 PM
A win would more or less guarantee 4th and also keep us in the hunt for the title. Will be a tough game though and NLD are never easy.

1-2.

Munchies
10-03-2014, 04:14 PM
Mike Dean the cunt is reffing this!

Niall_Quinn
10-03-2014, 07:02 PM
Mike Dean the cunt is reffing this!

Fuck off!

He doesn't support the spuds so maybe he'll be ambivalent towards the result.

Ollie the Optimist
10-03-2014, 07:17 PM
the man who celebrated a spurs goal against us, is reffing a north london derby.

fuck off

Marc Overmars
10-03-2014, 07:53 PM
When did he do that?

Edinburgh Gooner
10-03-2014, 08:08 PM
When did he do that?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLoBmf26gPs

Dunno how you lot get the video screen to appear but the above link is for Dean's wee celebration.

LDG
10-03-2014, 08:19 PM
I can never work out who is the biggest cunt.

Mike Dean, Lee Mason or Hitler.

GP
10-03-2014, 08:36 PM
What's Hitler ever done to you?

The Emirates Gallactico
10-03-2014, 09:02 PM
Mike Dean :doh:

Our record withagainst him is absoutely dire. It's not that he's a massive Spud but I'm certain he holds anti Arsenal bias. Worst choice we could have got.

Master Splinter
10-03-2014, 09:21 PM
Wenfer said Gibbs could possibly be back for this. If we bow out as expected against Bayern, it would be a good boost to have Gibbs, Ramsey and even Kallstrom back.

If we have the option to rotate a few tired legs, I'd say we have a good chance to win here after a while. They leave so much space and play a suicidal high-line at times, so you'd expect us to score a few if we're sharp. If we come back knackered, demoralised and with even more injuries, the Spufs could get one over us, as it will the biggest game of their season.

Relatively fresh and focused Arsenal team: 1-3 win.

Depleted, slow-starting Arsenal: 2-1 loss.

Mike Dean the ref?

Oh fuck. 4-1 loss it is.

pakgunner
10-03-2014, 10:19 PM
Do the spuds play a Europa game this week or next?

IBK
10-03-2014, 10:54 PM
Mike Dean :doh:

Our record withagainst him is absoutely dire. It's not that he's a massive Spud but I'm certain he holds anti Arsenal bias. Worst choice we could have got.

There are cunts. There are inept cunts. There are stupid cunts. There are irritating cunts. There are total cunts that after they retire they are actually not so cuntish. ....And then there's Mike Dean. Flying the flag for the utter unsalvageable cunts. Putting the cunt in cunt.

LDG
11-03-2014, 07:37 AM
There are cunts. There are inept cunts. There are stupid cunts. There are irritating cunts. There are total cunts that after they retire they are actually not so cuntish. ....And then there's Mike Dean. Flying the flag for the utter unsalvageable cunts. Putting the cunt in cunt.

http://www.matchpint.co.uk/sports-blog/about-the-many-faces-of-mike-dean-480

selassie
11-03-2014, 08:32 AM
I was looking forward to this game until I saw that Mike Dean has been announced as the ref. Mike Dean is an absolute Cunt, he hates us with a passion, total anti-Arsenal IMHO.

We are going to have to be at the top of our game to get anything out of this game now that Dean is in charge.

AFC Leveller
11-03-2014, 09:02 AM
They also go away to Benfica (thursday) so fatigue will be an issue for both sides.

It all depends on what happens tonight, a win or a respectable draw would keep confidence high and put us in a good position for this game but a loss could have a negative impact.

GP
11-03-2014, 10:31 AM
let's face it. And I'm not being funny. I mean no disrespect, but Mike Dean's a cunt. He's a cunt now, and he'll always be a cunt. And the only thing that's going to change is that he's going to be an even bigger cunt. Maybe have some more cunt kids.

McNamara That Ghost...
11-03-2014, 10:51 AM
They also go away to Benfica (thursday) so fatigue will be an issue for both sides.

It all depends on what happens tonight, a win or a respectable draw would keep confidence high and put us in a good position for this game but a loss could have a negative impact.

They're at home against Benfica but it's a first leg so they're going to be trying to win anyway. I don't think it'll make much of a difference for the early part of the match though.

GP
11-03-2014, 10:54 AM
HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE TOTTENHAM?
HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE SMALL?

PGFC
11-03-2014, 11:10 AM
let's face it. And I'm not being funny. I mean no disrespect, but Mike Dean's a cunt. He's a cunt now, and he'll always be a cunt. And the only thing that's going to change is that he's going to be an even bigger cunt. Maybe have some more cunt kids.

:good: In fact, now that Crow's dead, he must be in the running for top cunt.

LDG
11-03-2014, 12:22 PM
HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE TOTTENHAM?
HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE SMALL?

YOU SOLD BALE
WE SIGNED MESUT OZIL....MESUT OZIL.....

Injury Time
11-03-2014, 01:51 PM
:good: In fact, now that Crow's dead, he must be in the running for top cunt.

:cold:

Master Splinter
11-03-2014, 11:02 PM
Ozil dead.

Oxlade looked on the verge.

Rosicky apparently picked up a knock as well.

Kallstrom to save us?

No. He'll get injured in the warm-up.

Time to recall Coquelin?

Or is he out for the next two seasons?

Niall_Quinn
11-03-2014, 11:16 PM
Spuds play Thursday don't they? Hopefully extra time and they lose on a pen shoot out, if that's even the format.

Munchies
12-03-2014, 12:13 AM
Ches

Verm
BFG
Kosc
Sagna

Arteta
Flamini

Pods
Cazorla
Gnabry

Giroud/Sanogo

--
Wouldn't play Arteta/Flamini together, but that's prob what Wenger will go for

IBK
12-03-2014, 12:17 AM
Spuds play Thursday don't they? Hopefully extra time and they lose on a pen shoot out, if that's even the format.

Shame on you, denigrating the Europa league so.

KSE Comedy Club
12-03-2014, 12:43 AM
Ozil dead.

Kallstrom to save us?

Time to recall Coquelin?

Or is he out for the next two seasons?tbh were pretty much fucked now.

Need to put all out eggs into the FA cup basket for any chance to salvage something from this season.

fakeyank
12-03-2014, 01:41 AM
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11675/9207908/premier-league-tottenhams-appeal-against-younes-kaboul-red-card-successful

Kaboul is back for them. I am not too worried with putting a strong XI. What worries me is if we have enough players to put on the bench.

Chezza

Sagna Kos Per Verm

Flamini Rosicky Cazorla

Ox Giroud Pods

Subs: Flappy, Jenks, Gnabry, Bendy, Ramsey, Arteta, Kallstrom

Are Ramsey and Kallstrom even going to be available? If not, who else can we put on the bench?! Also, how long is gibbs and Monreal out for? :unsure:

:ilt:

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
12-03-2014, 01:47 AM
Drop Arteta. He's shite.

Start Flamini and Rosicky. They hate Spurs.

0-3

Ozil hattrick

AFC Leveller
12-03-2014, 07:33 AM
Go for an atacking line up. Arteta over Flams for this cos we'll need to be disciplined and keep posession.

Back 5 (assuming Gibbs is fit)

Arteta, Rosicky, Cazorla

Ox, Giroud, Pod.

Niall_Quinn
12-03-2014, 11:31 AM
Squad is getting thinner by the minute. This will be a backs to the wall effort for the remainder of the season. Blood and guts all the way now because there's a whole train of wankers waiting for us to fall flat, some of them wearing red and white. Absolute must win for many, many reasons.

Injury Time
12-03-2014, 12:53 PM
From Physio Room

ARSENAL 9 M Ozil Hamstring Injury no return date *
* * N Bendtner Knee Injury no return date *
* * Y Sanogo Ankle/Foot Injury no return date *
* * K Gibbs Ankle/Foot Injury no return date *
* * J Wilshere Ankle/Foot Injury no return date *
* * K Kallstrom Back Injury 16th Mar 14 *
* * T Walcott ACL Knee Injury no return date *
* * A Ramsey Thigh Muscle Strain 16th Mar 14 *
* * V Diaby ACL Knee Injury no return date *

Bumble
12-03-2014, 01:50 PM
this is going to be low scoring as 1) spurs are well you know....... 2) we have lost most of our attacking players.

hopefully gibbs is back so i dont expect us to concede maybe sneak 1-0 and that should be enough for a top 4 place so we can focus on the fa cup. we arent going to win the league as i think we would need to win at chelsea for that to happen.

Niall_Quinn
12-03-2014, 02:05 PM
We're always better when we have nothing to lose and less pressure, than when we have something to defend. So don't rule out a good performance vs the chavs.

Marc Overmars
12-03-2014, 02:56 PM
There's no chance we'll win at Chelsea.

That will be a Mourinho MASTER CLASS.

Niall_Quinn
12-03-2014, 03:22 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot.

Özim
12-03-2014, 04:10 PM
Spuds playing Thursday aren't they? Plus Chelsea just handed them a thrashing, won't get a better opportunity to beat them to be honest.

Özim
12-03-2014, 04:12 PM
We're always better when we have nothing to lose and less pressure, than when we have something to defend. So don't rule out a good performance vs the chavs.

Good performance, perhaps. Win no chance, Wenger has an abysmal record against him, he's quite often too negative and tactically naive.

Niall_Quinn
12-03-2014, 04:25 PM
Good performance, perhaps. Win no chance, Wenger has an abysmal record against him, he's quite often too negative and tactically naive.

Actually Wenger is slightly ahead, here's his record against Chelsea:

Matches - 41
Won - 15
Drawn - 12
Lost - 14
Goals for: 54
Goals against: 55

Of course we can win. Chelsea aren't nearly as impressive as the media whores make out. If we get an impartial ref we have a 50/50 shot.

Munchies
12-03-2014, 04:42 PM

Matches - 41
Won - 15
Drawn - 12
Lost - 14

Of course we can win. Chelsea aren't nearly as impressive as the media whores make out. If we get an impartial ref we have a 50/50 shot.

against Mourinho, won = 0

Marc Overmars
12-03-2014, 04:45 PM
They used to be our bitches but our record against them since they won the lottery is terrible.

fakeyank
12-03-2014, 07:41 PM
From Physio Room

What happened to Monreal? Or is he not at Arsenal anymore?

Niall_Quinn
12-03-2014, 08:05 PM

He's still running off the pitch from the first leg tie against Bayern. Not the quickest lad.

Özim
12-03-2014, 09:45 PM
They used to be our bitches but our record against them since they won the lottery is terrible.

We were their bitches for a while before the 90s, then we made them our bitches, but then they made us their bitches again.

AFC Leveller
13-03-2014, 07:25 AM

Matches - 41
Won - 15
Drawn - 12
Lost - 14

Chelsea are nowhere near Bayern, Barcelona or even City earlier in the season and id fancy our chances against them providing we DONT commit suicide and gift them a goal or two. The way we defended against Bayern in both legs and agains Everton showed encouraging signs and if we can keep it tight then i can see us beating them.

Injury Time
13-03-2014, 08:58 AM
He was suffocated on the treatment table :rose:

Munchies
13-03-2014, 09:13 AM
Ramsey won't play any part in this according to Wenger, but he's back after this.

Atleast he isn't being rushed back like last time.

selassie
13-03-2014, 11:32 AM
Ozil dead.

Kallstrom to save us?

Time to recall Coquelin?

Or is he out for the next two seasons?

At least Mayaichi can play in this one. He travelled to Munich but was ineligible to play apparently! lol

McNamara That Ghost...
13-03-2014, 11:47 AM
Monreal should be back, Gibbs too. Yaya and Kallstrom in training but in Kim's case, might not neccesarily be available. :lol:

fakeyank
13-03-2014, 01:53 PM
Sanogo and Kallstrom gonna rip errbody a new hole!

AFC Leveller
13-03-2014, 02:06 PM
Ramsay suffered a small set back.

So we're going into death run without Theo, Ramsay and Ozil. Thats like playing Chelsea without Hazard, Ramires and Willian or City wihout Silva, Navas and Toure!

Niall_Quinn
13-03-2014, 02:08 PM
Fuck, "small setback" is code for out for the rest of the season and half next season too.

Niall_Quinn
13-03-2014, 02:11 PM

So we're going into death run without Theo, Ramsay and Ozil. Thats like playing Chelsea without Hazard, Ramires and Willian or City wihout Silva, Navas and Toure!

Not quite, because they can just drag multiple more multi-million quid mercs off the bench. We have to turn to kids. Injuries and suspensions affect us much more. Negating injuries and suspensions is one of the big pay-offs from financial doping. Fortunately Mancini and AVB spent those millions on rubbish so the advantage isn't as great as it could have been.

Master Splinter
13-03-2014, 07:30 PM
Most damagingly, Dawson is out for the Spuds. :(

Although they are playing a strong team against Benfica, which gives us some sort of advantage.

selassie
13-03-2014, 09:59 PM

The league is gone, we're pretty much down to the bare bones now. If we were offered a point in each of the next 3 big games against Spuds, Chavs & Citeh I'd bite your hand off.

Fingers crossed we get some bodies back before the Cup Semi-Final, I really don't fancy playing Wigan without some of our regulars.

IBK
13-03-2014, 10:12 PM
0 M Ozil Hamstring Injury 28th Apr 14
N Bendtner Knee Injury no return date
Y Sanogo Ankle/Foot Injury 16th Mar 14
K Gibbs Ankle/Foot Injury 16th Mar 14 Late Fit Test
J Wilshere Ankle/Foot Injury no return date
N Monreal Ankle/Foot Injury 16th Mar 14 Late Fit Test
K Kallstrom Back Injury 16th Mar 14 Late Fit Test
T Walcott ACL Knee Injury no return date
A Ramsey Thigh Muscle Strain no return date
V Diaby ACL Knee Injury no return date

Astonishing...

Niall_Quinn
13-03-2014, 10:29 PM
It's worrying to see so many classed as "no return date", the same classification given to Diaby. Does this mean they don't know the return date and if so why don't they ask somebody? Or they really aren't ever coming back?

IBK
13-03-2014, 11:04 PM
It's worrying to see so many classed as "no return date", the same classification given to Diaby. Does this mean they don't know the return date and if so why don't they ask somebody? Or they really aren't ever coming back?

I hate to break it to you mate. Diaby ain't coming back.

Munchies
13-03-2014, 11:44 PM
I hate to break it to you mate. Diaby ain't coming back.

Yeah, the only reason he's sticking around here is because Wenger got a few favours for keeping him. On 60 grand too :lol:

Power n Glory
13-03-2014, 11:54 PM

Astonishing...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/arsenals-injury-problems-down-incompetent-3233644

"Clearly something is going wrong. If you look at the law of the big numbers, something in the last ten years is going wrong. It’s clearly incompetence but it’s unconscious incompetence. The only way you can improve is if it’s conscious incompetence, so you’re aware of it.

"Then you can act. If you are in denial, you are blaming the outside world for the injuries and not looking in the mirror then you will stay incompetent.

"If it happens occasionally then this is a gut feeling. If it happens regularly, over 10-12 years, then coincidence is out of the question."

Niall_Quinn
14-03-2014, 12:59 AM
That guy's talking total shit. On the one hand he says Wenger revolutionised training, then he says he's unconsciously incompetent. That right there makes no sense. His theory likens training to fashion. One week it is in, the next it is old hat. Is that how fitness works? Has the game changed so dramatically that Wenger's "revolutionary" methods are now out of date? And why do Marines train like Marines if they end up being unfit, as this guy concludes? There may well be something wrong with the training but let's keep this guy well away and get the opinion of somebody who makes even the slightest sense.

Power n Glory
14-03-2014, 09:01 AM
That guy's talking total shit. On the one hand he says Wenger revolutionised training, then he says he's unconsciously incompetent. That right there makes no sense. His theory likens training to fashion. One week it is in, the next it is old hat. Is that how fitness works? Has the game changed so dramatically that Wenger's "revolutionary" methods are now out of date? And why do Marines train like Marines if they end up being unfit, as this guy concludes? There may well be something wrong with the training but let's keep this guy well away and get the opinion of somebody who makes even the slightest sense.

You didn't read it properly. His methods were revolutionary in the 90s but he's arguing they are now old. Sport science doesn't stop. We only just recently introduced those fatigue monitors that show when a player is in the red and close to breaking down. Here is a better article. I remember he said the same about Moyes because of the amount of injuries RVP was picking up. It's his line of work, has a credible CV and may have a point considering we always get hit with injuries. New developments in training methods and fitness evolve all the time.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2010/12/10/2254345/incompetent-premier-league-training-methods-are-ruining

Letters
14-03-2014, 09:30 AM
I understand things move on but Wenger was widely credited with getting our squad properly fit with his training methods and diet regime. I don't remember us having these injury crises back in the day, the human body hasn't changed in that time, has the game really changed that much?

Something is clearly going wrong.

Munchies
14-03-2014, 09:34 AM
Ramsey out for 2 more weeks now ? Fuck sake.

Kallstrom is back for this. So is Monreal.

arsenal.com

Power n Glory
14-03-2014, 09:47 AM
I understand things move on but Wenger was widely credited with getting our squad properly fit with his training methods and diet regime. I don't remember us having these injury crises back in the day, the human body hasn't changed in that time, has the game really changed that much?

Something is clearly going wrong.

The game has changed. The makeup of players and pace of the game has changed dramatically. Wenger himself will tell you the game is played at a much higher tempo.

LDG
14-03-2014, 09:50 AM
The game has changed. The makeup of players and pace of the game has changed dramatically. Wenger himself will tell you the game is played at a much higher tempo.

Yep.

If you look back at the pace of the game when we last won the league, it seems almost pedestrian to the speed it's played at now. And that's with Henry and Pires ripping up the wings.

The article posted earlier sounds pretty spot on, if you ask me.

selassie
14-03-2014, 01:20 PM
Yep.

If you look back at the pace of the game when we last won the league, it seems almost pedestrian to the speed it's played at now. And that's with Henry and Pires ripping up the wings.

The article posted earlier sounds pretty spot on, if you ask me.

Yeah I think it happens too regularly for it to be called "unlucky". We most definitely have some kind of issue with our training methods/conditioning of players.

I admit I don't pay major attention to other clubs injuries but we do always seem to have lengthy injury lists, it's totally ridiculous.

Finally, the Ramsey situation is starting to worry me, I have got a horrible feeling we won't see him again this season.

Niall_Quinn
14-03-2014, 01:33 PM
I think the pace thing is a total myth. Anelka was the fastest player I have ever seen when he played for us and the speed we used to break (en masse) from back to front was unprecedented. If anything the game is pedestrian now compared to then with extra midfielders holding up play and pissing around in their own half effectively reducing the tempo and breaking the game into short bursts. There may well be something wrong with our methods but this self-publicist bloke doesn't just go on about us, does he? EVERYONE that won't hire him is doing it wrong according to him.

Injury Time
14-03-2014, 01:53 PM
Updated physio room

ARSENAL 11 T Rosicky Groin/Pelvis Injury 16th Mar 14 Late Fit Test
* * M Ozil Hamstring Injury 13th Apr 14 *
* * N Bendtner Knee Injury no return date *
* * Y Sanogo Ankle/Foot Injury 16th Mar 14 Late Fit Test
* * K Gibbs Ankle/Foot Injury 16th Mar 14 Late Fit Test
* * J Wilshere Ankle/Foot Injury no return date *
* * N Monreal Ankle/Foot Injury 16th Mar 14 *
* * K Kallstrom Back Injury 16th Mar 14 *
* * T Walcott ACL Knee Injury no return date *
* * A Ramsey Thigh Muscle Strain no return date *
* * V Diaby ACL Knee Injury no return date *

Eta link to EPL injuries: http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_premier_league/epl_injury_table.php

Crystal Palace only have one injury...can you guess who...

Bumble
14-03-2014, 01:56 PM
Spurs are terrible and on poor form, so we will smash them 2-0

pakgunner
14-03-2014, 01:58 PM
Go for an atacking line up. Arteta over Flams for this cos we'll need to be disciplined and keep posession.

Back 5 (assuming Gibbs is fit)

Arteta, Rosicky, Cazorla

Ox, Giroud, Pod.good choice:scarf:

Power n Glory
14-03-2014, 02:41 PM
I think the pace thing is a total myth. Anelka was the fastest player I have ever seen when he played for us and the speed we used to break (en masse) from back to front was unprecedented. If anything the game is pedestrian now compared to then with extra midfielders holding up play and pissing around in their own half effectively reducing the tempo and breaking the game into short bursts. There may well be something wrong with our methods but this self-publicist bloke doesn't just go on about us, does he? EVERYONE that won't hire him is doing it wrong according to him.

That's your personal opinion. Walcott and Henry had the pace of Olympic athletes. They could do 100m in 10 seconds. The game is quicker and it's not just based on pure running power. The ball moves quicker, defenders are quicker, compare our backline of that era to what we currently have. Playing styles have evolved. 20 years ago, a player like Giroud would have just been playing off the shoulder of defenders latching on to crosses, in the modern game he's playing between the lines, making short passes and it's more touch and go. Sudden bursts of pace and changing direction quickly takes it toll. Besides players becoming much better athletes, the actual ball moves quicker because they're making them lighter and pitches are cut so the ball can move quicker. I've heard several coaches, ex players, including Wenger say the game is quicker and I'm not going to argue against that.

As for Raymond - I'm not going to argue against his expert opinion either. The fact that he's critical of other clubs with bad training methods means he can't be accused of having some sort of anti Arsenal agenda. I'll have to wait for another expert opinion to debunk his theory but there is something going wrong behind the scenes at the club. The injuries are racking up again.

Niall_Quinn
14-03-2014, 04:20 PM
No, it's my personal observation.

That guy's opinion amounts to Wenger being incompetent. You say you aren't going to argue against that. Then you cite the incompetent Wenger and say you aren't going to argue with him either.

This guy also had a lot to say on the van Cash Machine transfer. He could even be accused of being a self publicist. A marketing man. Yes, he was involved with the Dutch set up and seems to trail Dick Advocaat around the place. He then moved up to the heady heights of Wales. Maybe it's his career that's going backwards, in a footballing sense? Certainly not in a business sense, he has fingers in a lot of pies. He seems to spend more time hobnobbing with football executives than football players these days. And yes, he has a book coming out in the UK that needs to be hyped.

Power n Glory
14-03-2014, 04:47 PM
http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/arsenal-investigate-injury-toll-as-aaron-ramsey-and-mesut-ozil-suffer-blows-9192305.html

“I am concerned that it happens,” said Wenger. “If you look at our overall injury list going into such a decisive part of the season, we have no Wilshere, Walcott, Ozil, Ramsey. We went to Bayern with no Gibbs or [Nacho] Monreal. Of course it is a concern, we are analysing very deeply why it happened to see if there is a link between these injuries.

Wenger has said he'll look into the injuries and maybe we'll find the cause.

Where did I say I agreed with the incompetent part? We were talking about outdated training methods and how the game is changing. Stop moving goalposts.

As for your personal observation, this is another man's personal observation who can back it up with facts and his own personal experience in this field. You can't. Your opinion is also suspect if you think the game isn't faster. Walcott is one the quickest players in the league.

Niall_Quinn
14-03-2014, 04:55 PM
It's good Wenger is looking into the problem, but not so good he's unconsciously incompetent because he therefore won't be able to find what the problem is. I suppose we'll need to buy Raymond's book to figure out what's really happening.

Raymond can back up his claims of Wenger's incompetence with facts? Really? Where are these facts? The central plank of his tirade against Wenger is Wenger's incompetent and outdated methods. So if you don't agree with that part, what part do you agree with? That's all he really says isn't it?

Any idea why he comments in the media so much on things that are of no concern of his whatsoever?

Power n Glory
14-03-2014, 05:02 PM
You are your damn tinned foiled hat conspiracies. Enough already. Wenger's looking into it and hopefully we'll see an improvement.

Niall_Quinn
14-03-2014, 05:07 PM
You are your damn tinned foiled hat conspiracies. Enough already. Wenger's looking into it and hopefully we'll see an improvement.

What? Is it not legitimate to question the motives of this nosey-parker big mouth? Or the media that rushes to print his shit? Or the fans that seem to delight in bringing up every negative they can find related to the club? Do you have to be a (warning, massive, lazy and redundant cliché imminent) tin-foil hat wearing conspiracy theorist to question why so many people are up to their elbows in anti-Arsenal bullshit?

Letters
14-03-2014, 07:30 PM
It's equally legitimate, to be fair, to question why we get so many injuries year on year and it always hurts us.
Year after year we're 'top' of the physio room injury table, it can't just be bad luck.
We can't 'do a City' and buy £40m players to sit on the bench till needed, even more reason to look at this.

Niall_Quinn
14-03-2014, 07:40 PM
It's equally legitimate, to be fair, to question why we get so many injuries year on year and it always hurts us.
Year after year we're 'top' of the physio room injury table, it can't just be bad luck.
We can't 'do a City' and buy £40m players to sit on the bench till needed, even more reason to look at this.

Yeah, completely fair for us the fans to ask questions. Not some cunt busybody from outside though who just wants to promote his book. Nobody has mentioned the fact refs let our opponents kick us off the pitch while booking our guys if they do half as much in return. Even in the most recent match Bayern players were allowed to kick Ox whenever they fancied it and only a couple of cards came out when it should have been five or six. The spuds will kick us off the pitch on Sunday too and we'll end up with more bookings. That will only be part of it. Wenger not sticking two fingers up at the national teams. Cunts like Hodgson picking our players when they are injured or recovering. It's not just the stuff the media is suddenly honed in on.

And isn't it just a bit strange. When Ozil is playing they slaughter him for playing. When he's injured suddenly the focus shifts there and lo and behold we have another criss in print. I don't mind having a discussion about stuff like this provided the marketing and media whores are left out of it. But when the marketing and media whores are used as supposed evidence then it's a non-discussion.

Power n Glory
15-03-2014, 09:04 AM
That attitude seems ignorant. Posters were already discussing our injury problems before I posted up that article. We've had discussions before like this wondering what the heck is going on in training and with the medical staff. When you lose 4 of your best players in one season, it's kinda hard for that to go unnoticed. If Liverpool lost Suarez, Sterling, Sturridge and Henderson, headlines would be ringing out 'crisis'.

If we had a complete media blackout on here, ignoring all sources, we'd be in for pretty unfruitful conversations. Your knowledge is limited. For example, making out as if the Prem isn't faster or hasn't changed much over the past 20 years is wrong. You can't say it's a myth when Wenger himself, other coaches and former players will say it's much faster. Personal observation and opinion isn't enough for this one. Especially if we're talking about the evolution of sport science and training. Over the past 20 years there is no way it's stood still and nothing new has been developed since Wenger arrived in the Prem.

Xhaka Can’t
15-03-2014, 09:48 AM
Over the past 20 years there is no way it's stood still and nothing new has been developed since Wenger arrived in the Prem.
Except that Spurs are shite.

pakgunner
15-03-2014, 09:48 AM
For those who are not going to the game this Sunday where would you watch the game live that's near the Emirates. I'm from oz so i'm not too sure where to go. Any where you guys can recommend or invite me to, i'd rather watch it with drinking partners.
cheers:cheers:

AFC Leveller
15-03-2014, 10:39 AM
Really hope Gibbs is back because Montreal will get skinned by whoever plays RW (Townsend, Lennon etc).

Özim
15-03-2014, 11:01 AM
Nobody has mentioned the fact refs let our opponents kick us off the pitch while booking our guys if they do half as much in return. Even in the most recent match Bayern players were allowed to kick Ox whenever they fancied it and only a couple of cards came out when it should have been five or six. The spuds will kick us off the pitch on Sunday too and we'll end up with more bookings. That will only be part of it. Wenger not sticking two fingers up at the national teams. Cunts like Hodgson picking our players when they are injured or recovering. It's not just the stuff the media is suddenly honed in on.

It's almost like you're saying we're the only club this happens to, we get too many injuries end of, more than any other team over the years and that's not because we get kicked off the park or because of International managers, there have been plenty of better footballing sides than us in the last 9 years that have coped fine and not likened to the walking wounded.

Clearly there's some problem somewhere regarding injuries and if we don't get to the bottom of it we'll have the same problem every season, this problem isn't the odd rough game or the England manager.

A number of our players are very injury prone, whether that's due to training, the way they are built, their physical preparation or the way we bring players bac from injury noone knows, but something needs to be done about it.

Munchies
15-03-2014, 11:13 AM
For those who are not going to the game this Sunday where would you watch the game live that's near the Emirates. I'm from oz so i'm not too sure where to go. Any where you guys can recommend or invite me to, i'd rather watch it with drinking partners.
cheers:cheers:

12 pins, around a 20min walk from the stadium.

The Tollington aint bad either, around 10 mins from the stadium.

Google them for the address/map details

pakgunner
15-03-2014, 11:49 AM
12 pins, around a 20min walk from the stadium.

The Tollington aint bad either, around 10 mins from the stadium.

Google them for the address/map details
What about the Gunners pub? Is it still in operation?

Ollie the Optimist
15-03-2014, 11:52 AM
remember that time when we beat spurs, they sold bale and then we signed Mesut Ozil?

glorious times

Munchies
15-03-2014, 11:54 AM
What about the Gunners pub? Is it still in operation?

I don't think I've ever been there, but just checked for you and yeah it is
http://www.gunnerspubhighbury.co.uk/

Munchies
15-03-2014, 11:55 AM
remember that time when we beat spurs, they sold bale and then we signed Mesut Ozil?

glorious times

:lol:

But to be fair to the Spurs, at least they still have the Bale money to spend in the summer..

Ollie the Optimist
15-03-2014, 11:57 AM

But to be fair to the Spurs, at least they still have the Bale money to spend in the summer..

they've already spent it though. they spent the bale money before they got it.

Munchies
15-03-2014, 11:59 AM
they've already spent it though. they spent the bale money before they got it.

I know :haha:

GP
15-03-2014, 12:02 PM
At least they spent it on quality players like Chadli and Bentaleb.

Master Splinter
15-03-2014, 12:11 PM
Tbf, Bentaleb is their version of Zelalem.

Only massively shitter.

Master Splinter
15-03-2014, 12:13 PM
Really hope Gibbs is back because Montreal will get skinned by whoever plays RW (Townsend, Lennon etc).

He might, but the ball won't reach a fellow Spurs player following the skinning.

Spurs have impressively assembled the biggest collection of non-productive wingers ever.

Munchies
15-03-2014, 12:14 PM
Tbf, Bentaleb is their version of Zelalem.

Only massively shitter.

Haven't seen much of Zelalem, but he recently signed a £30k contract and he's only 17. Either he must be highly rated by Wenger, or Wenger is getting some favours in some form from it ala Diaby.

Bentaleb is shite

Master Splinter
15-03-2014, 12:22 PM
You really should not believe every article which pulls wages out of thin air.

I mean, people still believe Bendtner was on 52k because of his shirt and that Giroud is on 100k a week.

Ralpheroo72
15-03-2014, 12:27 PM
http://metro.co.uk/2014/03/15/arsrnal-cant-handle-the-pressure-blasts-tottenhams-emmanuel-adebayor-4589572/

Master Splinter
15-03-2014, 12:37 PM
Ade picked up great lazy cliche punditry skills during his 2010 World Cup stint.

Letters
15-03-2014, 12:46 PM
:lol: We'll never know whether Spurs can handle the pressure at the top of the Premier League of course.

Xhaka Can’t
15-03-2014, 01:23 PM
http://metro.co.uk/2014/03/15/arsrnal-cant-handle-the-pressure-blasts-tottenhams-emmanuel-adebayor-4589572/

Tbf to him, it hasn't been a problem for Spurs.

Unless you want to talk about the pressure of finishing above Arsenal.

Munchies
15-03-2014, 01:39 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BixaPrbCEAAmf96.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BixYTTxIYAAeQmT.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BixaseXCQAARIDj.jpg

:bow:

GP
15-03-2014, 01:41 PM
Kimpossible :bow:

Munchies
15-03-2014, 01:54 PM
Gibbs trained too, phew!

Injury Time
15-03-2014, 02:38 PM
Anelka free agent :ninja:

Power n Glory
15-03-2014, 02:59 PM
Sign him up!

Niall_Quinn
15-03-2014, 03:13 PM
Can you imagine?

At least they might lay off Ozil for a bit.

fakeyank
15-03-2014, 04:19 PM
Sign him up!

I would say its a good post but then he isnt eligible for the next 7-8 games, so will be pointless! :(

GP
15-03-2014, 04:39 PM
Yeah.

Also, he's shit.

Injury Time
15-03-2014, 05:38 PM
I would say its a good post but then he isnt eligible for the next 7-8 games, so will be pointless! :(
So a classic Arsene signing then...

fakeyank
15-03-2014, 07:27 PM
MUST WIN!!!

We win this and then we go in with brimming confidence against the cunts of West London without Ramires, Willian and cunt Mou

COME ON YOU FUCKING GOONERS!

Munchies
16-03-2014, 01:11 AM
Long overdue a win there.

FOYS

COYG :scarf:

JonasTC
16-03-2014, 09:00 AM
3-0

Kallstrom hattrick

:bow:

Bumble
16-03-2014, 09:29 AM
Just can't see us losing this one. Massive if, win our next three games and I fancy that we could win it despite everything. City play away to United us abd Liverpool in a row. Chelsea have to go to Liverpool too.

We could of course lose all three but after the chavs losing yesterday it is in our hands.

GP
16-03-2014, 09:58 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1U960hT6lrM

Xhaka Can’t
16-03-2014, 10:05 AM
String him up!

:gp:

Marc Overmars
16-03-2014, 01:20 PM
Just can't see us losing this one. Massive if, win our next three games and I fancy that we could win it despite everything. City play away to United us abd Liverpool in a row. Chelsea have to go to Liverpool too.

We could of course lose all three but after the chavs losing yesterday it is in our hands.

Time to deliver now, we've had our wobble but there's still a chance. We just have to respond today if we're serious about this. Spurs are not very good, more mechanical than they've been in recent years. This is probably the least concerned I've been with them in a while.

But still it's a NLD and they always raise their game for it. Big game.

Niall_Quinn
16-03-2014, 02:30 PM
Just hope the game isn't Mike Deaned before it gets off the ground.

Master Splinter
16-03-2014, 03:05 PM
Arsenal team: Szczesny, Sagna, Koscielny, Mertesacker, Gibbs, Arteta, Rosicky, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Podolski, Cazorla, Giroud
Subs: Fabianski, Monreal, Vermaelen, Jenkinson, Flamini, Gnabry Sanogo

Spurs: Naughton, Kaboul, Vertonghen, Rose; Sandro; Townsend, Bentaleb, Eriksen, Chadli; Adebayor
Subs: Friedel, Walker, Lennon, Paulinho, Sigurdsson, Kane, Soldado

Injury Time
16-03-2014, 03:08 PM
Arsenal team: Szczesny, Sagna, Koscielny, Mertesacker, Gibbs, Arteta, Rosicky, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Podolski, Cazorla, Giroud

:faint: 4-5 it is then

Niall_Quinn
16-03-2014, 03:21 PM
Subs: Fabianski, Monreal, Vermaelen, Jenkinson, Flamini, Gnabry Sanogo

Spurs: Naughton, Kaboul, Vertonghen, Rose; Sandro; Townsend, Bentaleb, Eriksen, Chadli; Adebayor
Subs: Friedel, Walker, Lennon, Paulinho, Sigurdsson, Kane, Soldado

Very weak bench for us, nothing there to change the game if we need to. So we hope we don't need to.

Globalgunner
16-03-2014, 03:41 PM
Really happy Gibbs is playing. Arteta not so much

McNamara That Ghost...
16-03-2014, 03:44 PM
Fresh legs.
Bounce back.
Local pride.

Sherwood. :bow:

Niall_Quinn
16-03-2014, 03:44 PM
So... 9 points ahead or 3 points ahead. Up to us. Hope we make the right choice.

JonasTC
16-03-2014, 03:46 PM
I love watching this on danish TV. Their scouting report says our defence is weakest link and Giroud has been amazing... :bow:

Niall_Quinn
16-03-2014, 03:51 PM
I love watching this on danish TV. Their scouting report says our defence is weakest link and Giroud has been amazing... :bow:

Their analysis is mainly focused on bacon. Our defenders don't eat any, Giroud loves it. So spot on really.

Injury Time
16-03-2014, 03:52 PM
I'm revising so depending on you guys to keep me up to date... GW :scarf:

GP
Giroud loves making bacon.

Injury Time
Their analysis is mainly focused on bacon. Our defenders don't eat any, Giroud loves it. So spot on really.

Well something to do with porking anyway...

Niall_Quinn
16-03-2014, 03:53 PM
I'm revising so depending on you guys to keep me up to date... GW :scarf:

Suggest you listen to my commentary if you want it straight and absent the usual Maccy bias.

McNamara That Ghost...
16-03-2014, 03:56 PM
Need to target Naughton, he's a bit crap.

Niall_Quinn
16-03-2014, 03:56 PM
Keep the camera on dean, I want to see if he pockets anything.

adzzzbatch
16-03-2014, 03:57 PM
They have star wars music :haha: joke of a club.

Niall_Quinn
16-03-2014, 03:57 PM
Come on Ox, rip them up.

Niall_Quinn
16-03-2014, 03:58 PM

It's in case they need to make a DVD. Glorious opening 3 mins where they held us.

GP

May the farce be with you.

McNamara That Ghost...
Come on Arsenal. :bow:

GP
16-03-2014, 03:59 PM
Arsene :bow:

Niall_Quinn
16-03-2014, 03:59 PM
Wenger 999 not out, :bow:

Master Splinter
16-03-2014, 04:01 PM
Wenger 999 not out, :bow:

100 red cards.

McNamara That Ghost...
ROSICKY!! WHAT A GOAL!!!!

GP
OH MY GODD!!!!

Master Splinter
Rosicky!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

JonasTC
WHAT A GOAL!!!!!!!

Niall_Quinn
Anyone like that?

Go bonkers if you like it.

Master Splinter
16-03-2014, 04:02 PM
Stunning assist from Oxlade :bow:.

Niall_Quinn
Looks like their 3 mins of glory DVD has bitten the dust.

Özim
Rosicky with an absolute screamer!!!!

Power n Glory
Oh shit!!!

A Gunner
16-03-2014, 04:03 PM
What a goal!

GP
Horrible camera angle

Marc Overmars
Come on you Gunners!!!

Munchies
HOLY SHIT

What a goal

McNamara That Ghost...
Sagna with the dyed hair. :haha:

Maestro
OMFG is all

Niall_Quinn
16-03-2014, 04:04 PM
Hmmm approaching 4 mins and still only 1-0

Come on guys, don't let up.

McNamara That Ghost...
16-03-2014, 04:04 PM
Ade. :lol:

Wind him up please.

Maestro
16-03-2014, 04:05 PM
shut down Adebayor, you shut down the spuds

JonasTC
clear offside on adebayor, Mike Dean has instructed the linesmen to not call it.

Niall_Quinn
Great spot by linesman. Whore only half the pitch offside. Need to watch that.

Injury Time
Anyone like that?

Go bonkers if you like it.
:scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

:scarf: :scarf:

Maestro
Hmmm approaching 4 mins and still only 1-0

Come on guys, don't let up.\

worrying

McNamara That Ghost...
Well done Rosicky to get back in ahead of Bentaleb.

Niall_Quinn
16-03-2014, 04:07 PM
Get up Bif

Maestro
16-03-2014, 04:08 PM
pisses me off giroud, get off the fuckin floor already

Niall_Quinn
16-03-2014, 04:08 PM
Long ball spuds.

Injury Time
16-03-2014, 04:09 PM
Gif of the goal :pray:

Maestro
last win at SHL was 2007?????????????

adzzzbatch
don't let these cunts get into this game!!

Niall_Quinn
No 453875564mb gifs please. Kills ipad.

Master Splinter
16-03-2014, 04:11 PM
http://giant.gfycat.com/CornyDirectCorydorascatfish.gif

McNamara That Ghost...
16-03-2014, 04:11 PM
Poor from Eriksen.

Injury Time
16-03-2014, 04:12 PM
No 453875564mb gifs please. Kills ipad.

Meh.

Injury Time
16-03-2014, 04:13 PM
http://giant.gfycat.com/CornyDirectCorydorascatfish.gif

YOU RULE THIS PLACE FROM NOW ON

adzzzbatch
sky keep playing with the mic near the our fans.

McNamara That Ghost...
Poldi not offside. :rolleyes:

Niall_Quinn
Never offside. What a cunt of a decision.

Munchies
16-03-2014, 04:14 PM
fucking onside

Master Splinter
Onside.

Would have been 2-0.

Niall_Quinn
Diving bastard

McNamara That Ghost...
Chadli. :lol:

Get up you scrote.

Maestro
we've eased off them as per usual, need to keep up the tempo and pressing ....bltz the fuckers or this could go tong on us

McNamara That Ghost...
16-03-2014, 04:15 PM
Ox, what the fuck?

Niall_Quinn
Onside.

Would have been 2-0.

Will even itself up when spuds are given dodgy pen

Ox, FFS

adzzzbatch
shit shit shit!!

Maestro
why ox why

Master Splinter
Oxlade :doh:.

Munchies
ffs Ox

Maestro
16-03-2014, 04:16 PM
tim sherwood

lolllest

Niall_Quinn
Still, we are cutting them open. More chances to come.

Özim
Oxo went cute, too cute.

JonasTC
Dont care if Ox fucked that up... What a beast he is, looks dangerous everytime he's on the ball.

McNamara That Ghost...
Lloris is mental.

Maestro
16-03-2014, 04:17 PM
bif has no pace whatsoever

Shaqiri Is Boss
Their defensive line is just stupid.

Anyone with even a modicum of pace has a field day.

McNamara That Ghost...
:rose:

adzzzbatch
Fuck off rose you cunt!

Niall_Quinn
Don't like way we are conceding the middle again, same as Bayern game

McNamara That Ghost...
16-03-2014, 04:18 PM
Good defending.

Niall_Quinn
We're too deep.

Injury Time
Their defensive line is just stupid.

Anyone with even a modicum of pace has a field day.
Don't forget we had Theo :rose: who could've run into that line.

Maestro
16-03-2014, 04:19 PM
Don't like way we are conceding the middle again, same as Bayern game

it's criminal and invites them in, we can't just ease off like this.

Injury Time
16-03-2014, 04:19 PM
We're too deep.

I hate that drop deep shit, go fcking twat those twats!

Niall_Quinn
16-03-2014, 04:21 PM
Let that be the last careless pass. No more of that shit.

adzzzbatch
we dicking around now FFS

McNamara That Ghost...
Sagna, don't do that again please.

Niall_Quinn
16-03-2014, 04:22 PM
Dive by rose

JonasTC
Was that really a yellow? Proper tackle on the ball, might be a bit hard, but nothing illegal in it.

adzzzbatch
he actually won the ball joke of a yellow,

WMUG
16-03-2014, 04:23 PM
He actually flipped him over :haha:

Maestro
this will end badly if we carry on the way we're doing. need to push up, press and attack quickly

GP
Won the ball, no studs showing. Never a yellow

McNamara That Ghost...
16-03-2014, 04:24 PM
Ade clears one. Offside anyway though.

adzzzbatch
16-03-2014, 04:25 PM
why are the flags so late for the whore?

McNamara That Ghost...
Loft it over Vertonghen, Bif!

Niall_Quinn
Awful by Bif.

adzzzbatch
Piss off rose

Injury Time
why are the flags so late for the whore?
Bus flashbacks?

JonasTC
Danny Rose trying to pull a 2nd yellow on Sagna... What a fucking diver.

McNamara That Ghost...
:patrice: in the crowd.

Niall_Quinn
16-03-2014, 04:26 PM
So are they saying Sagna better watch it because rose is in fact a pansy?

adzzzbatch
giroud playing for sp*rs today?

Niall_Quinn
Come on Ox.

Maestro
16-03-2014, 04:27 PM
more of that

Newguy
These losers are there for the taking and were playing with zero intensity

McNamara That Ghost...
Ox shoots, goes behind for a corner.

Naughton. :lol:

adzzzbatch
they don't trust giroud to pass to him

McNamara That Ghost...
BFG flick, Lloris claims it.

JonasTC
Should've been 3 up by now

McNamara That Ghost...
16-03-2014, 04:28 PM
Very close from Ade. Eek.

BFG. :bow:

adzzzbatch
fucking hell are we trying to give them a goal

Maestro
that ball to the whore is all they have, but if we keep letting through they will score

McNamara That Ghost...
16-03-2014, 04:29 PM
Tottenham want to draw us in to the completely mental games of the past.

adzzzbatch
anytime a sp*rs player goes down it's a freekick

McNamara That Ghost...
Eriksen messes this one up. Phew.

Niall_Quinn
16-03-2014, 04:30 PM
Crap by Ericsson but we need to stop helping them by giving up so much time and space.

Newguy
16-03-2014, 04:31 PM
I think wenger needs to get up and rally the troops a bit...

McNamara That Ghost...
16-03-2014, 04:32 PM
Come on Ox, you're better than that.

Niall_Quinn
Got to be yellow.

Maestro
unbelievable lack of pressing and meaningful possession from us. wenget should be on the touchline going mental at them right now FFS

Munchies
Sandro :lol:

McNamara That Ghost...
Chadli booked. Run at him!

Niall_Quinn
16-03-2014, 04:33 PM
Wow eleven behind the ball. Nothing up top.

adzzzbatch
16-03-2014, 04:33 PM
this is pretty shit from us.

Master Splinter
16-03-2014, 04:34 PM
We let Spurs off the hook and into the game.

Silly Arsenal.

McNamara That Ghost...
Counter-attack with two players, not likely.

Newguy
Giroud is giving us nothing in strength up front, he needs to be stronger up there ffs