PDA

View Full Version : WWE Thread.

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

McNamara That Ghost...
22-05-2011, 10:50 PM
Over The Limit is on tonight. Sky Sports 2 I think. Not a great card by the looks of it but maybe that might actually be a good thing, more chance of a nice surprise.

isv
23-05-2011, 12:51 PM
RIP Randy Savage...............................

Rors
23-05-2011, 05:56 PM
SPOILERS BELOW (of a kind)

KOTR '95 and RR '99 used as templates eh? Impressive...

The Wengerbabies
23-05-2011, 06:01 PM
No need to pre spoiler warn anymore

we have spoiler tags :)

Rors
23-05-2011, 06:09 PM
All mod cons!

Gubby Allen
23-05-2011, 06:46 PM
Have/Will they acknowledge Savage this week?

McNamara That Ghost...
23-05-2011, 07:10 PM
It was an odd event and I guess I mean it wasn't too good. Randy Orton vs Christian was a good one the rest were 'meh'. I did actually think they would use RR '99 for this match, I guess I should've expected SuperCena to emerge victorious despite being absolutely annihilated for most of the match.

McNamara That Ghost...
23-05-2011, 07:12 PM

I expect more of it will be made on RAW but Over The Limit just had a silence at the beginning of the show.

Rors
23-05-2011, 07:13 PM

I'd like to think they'll be doing something on RAW. Unlike some I think they made the right decision not to go the whole hog during the PPV - it's not the sort of thing that should be seen as a paid-for privilege. I'm not expecting an Owen/Eddie-style one with the whole show given over, but surely a lengthy video package is the very least we can expect..

Cripps_orig
23-05-2011, 10:43 PM
Went to the Raw show at the O2 Arena last month. Was brilliant.

McNamara That Ghost...
24-05-2011, 12:56 PM
They did mention his death, at the beginning with a 'in memory' screen caption and then later on when Lawler talked about him before they showed a video. Shame it was accompanied by Coldplay but you can't have it all I suppose.

Rors
24-05-2011, 06:59 PM
Looks like Bret is back for a while then, or at least until he gets another bell from those nice people at Lloyds Of London. Wasn't happy with Cena's selling of Truth's promo, to really see him as a threat our John should have looked at least majorly concerned - if not a bit scared. If Cena is capable of conveying said emotions that is...

Marc Overmars
24-05-2011, 10:01 PM
I watched all of last weeks Smackdown earlier because there was nowt else on. First time I've watched this show in years, what a shocker. I see they still use fake crowd noise because the place is absolutely lifeless!

Cripps_orig
24-05-2011, 10:07 PM
Havent watched Raw yet but watched Over The Limit

Orton v Christian was brilliant. Orton atm is as good as it gets.

Other noteworthy mentions is R-Truth. Hated this guy as a face. His singing fucked me right off. Mainly cos it would be stuck in my head all day but as a heel, hes looking good and getting a clean victory of Rey means he might be pushed somewhat further.

As for Cena, oh dear. I read the Sun review on the event and this match and it was spot on. The kids would love it, the rest would hate it.

Speaking of Cena, i have to admit, at the Raw show at the O2, he produced the best atmosphere. Mainly cos of the kids chanting "lets go Cena" and the rest chanting "Cena sucks" over and over again

McNamara That Ghost...
24-05-2011, 10:35 PM
Looks like Bret is back for a while then, or at least until he gets another bell from those nice people at Lloyds Of London. Wasn't happy with Cena's selling of Truth's promo, to really see him as a threat our John should have looked at least majorly concerned - if not a bit scared. If Cena is capable of conveying said emotions that is...

Where's the Steven Seagal chart of emotions? Cena is a student of that.

Cripps_orig
26-05-2011, 01:26 PM
Just watched Raw.

Wtf have they done to Kane? They've made him in to a wimp.

Miz and Riley bit was pretty good. Nothing else to shout home about

Rors
26-05-2011, 05:55 PM
As for Cena, oh dear. I read the Sun review on the event and this match and it was spot on. The kids would love it, the rest would hate it.

Speaking of Cena, i have to admit, at the Raw show at the O2, he produced the best atmosphere. Mainly cos of the kids chanting "lets go Cena" and the rest chanting "Cena sucks" over and over again

I don't know how much longer this can go on. Six years we've had of this. Then, I suppose as creative had Cena no-sell being locked in a burning car this time last year, they might as well keep it running until his character cures cancer or something. Even the kiddies are going to start getting tired of this soon enough. Films-pending, they've got to be thinking about turning him heel during/after the Rock match at WM, merchandise or no-merchandise

Cripps_orig
28-05-2011, 01:32 PM
According to multiple accounts, former WWE Tag Team Champion Brian Knobbs mocked Randy Savage's death at a wrestling convention last Friday in Newark, California.

A number of former WWE stars were on hand for Big Time Wrestling's annual Wrestlefest event last Friday at the Newark Pavilion including Bret Hart, Kevin Nash, Sean Waltman, Jim Neidhart, Jerry Sags, Greg Valentine and Jimmy Hart. News of Savage's passing broke Friday and Knobbs was cracking jokes about the deceased wrestler later that day in front of his longtime colleagues.

Waltman, who witnessed Knobbs' mean-spirited behavior, took to Twitter to criticize the Nasty Boys member.

He wrote, "There's no shoot brewing with Knobs. He's just an asshole for making jokes about Randy Savage dying on the same day it happened. He's pathetic."

Waltman also wrote the following to Hulk Hogan, a close friend of Knobbs': "I'm sorry to even bring you into Knobs BS, but he needs to be held accountable for once. You're the only one I know who can do it."

Lanny Poffo was also scheduled to appear at the event but canceled due to the death of his brother.

http://www.rajah.com/base/node/23069

Knobbs being a knob

Flavs
31-05-2011, 05:20 AM
RIP Randy Savage...............................

When did this happen? Was it drugs per chance?

McNamara That Ghost...
31-05-2011, 09:08 AM
Very recently. He had a heart attack whilst driving, maybe it was a cumulative factor from wrestling, I don't really know.

Flavs
31-05-2011, 09:46 AM
Very recently. He had a heart attack whilst driving, maybe it was a cumulative factor from wrestling, I don't really know.

Shit thats sad dude....OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Fist of Lehmann
31-05-2011, 12:33 PM
Think they showed a WWE Vintage with Macho Man vs Jake the Snake on Sky last week as tribute.

Watched a bit of Over the Limit, the small bit I saw was pretty shite. "New Batista" Welsh guy Ryan Mason botched a lift on Kane. That said, Kane is probably one heavy dude.

What do you guys make of Sin Cara? Gotta love that moonsault sideslam, but the fact that Primo slipped prolly means they won't use it too often. Too easy to balls it up.

Cripps_orig
31-05-2011, 12:34 PM
Sin Cara looked awesome live when i saw him.

Big fan of his. Shame hes on Smackdown now

McNamara That Ghost...
31-05-2011, 12:46 PM
Think they showed a WWE Vintage with Macho Man vs Jake the Snake on Sky last week as tribute.

Watched a bit of Over the Limit, the small bit I saw was pretty shite. "New Batista" Welsh guy Ryan Mason botched a lift on Kane. That said, Kane is probably one heavy dude.

What do you guys make of Sin Cara? Gotta love that moonsault sideslam, but the fact that Primo slipped prolly means they won't use it too often. Too easy to balls it up.

The guy clearly has talent but a lot of his spots have been pretty messy, Smackdown is probably the right place to iron those out given they can edit it.

Saw RAW this morning, no sound pretty much ruined the most part of R-Truth's opening segment. :lol: Vince is going to fire someone.

Flavs
31-05-2011, 12:48 PM
I watched a bit of Crapdown the othr niht and i have a question.

Is Nunzio a referee????

Rors
31-05-2011, 04:49 PM
Audio problems + cheap count-out win x throwing drink at a fan = Truth getting over? I must have missed that meeting...

McNamara That Ghost...
31-05-2011, 05:52 PM
Along with everyone else...

Rors
31-05-2011, 06:23 PM
According to 411mania DDP has put himself forward for some kind of WWE position - "PR" he says. Despite his errant cheesiness, I find the guy hard to dislike, which is a bit of a boon for a post like that. Can see it happening.

Cripps_orig
31-05-2011, 07:09 PM
Liking R Truth more and more as a heel.

Rors
01-06-2011, 05:30 PM
Liking R Truth more and more as a heel.

I like the idea of Truth as a heel - his rappy-go-lucky shtick was getting very stale - but so far it hasn't clicked. His mic work is good, but he hasn't been portrayed as a threat - or anything other than a placeholder for The Lord Almighty while he hangs around for The Rock.

A cheap countout win plus a drink throw? 1988 called, it wants its midcard-Saturday Night's Main Event-badguy-actions-booking back...

Flavs
02-06-2011, 01:39 PM
According to 411mania DDP has put himself forward for some kind of WWE position - "PR" he says. Despite his errant cheesiness, I find the guy hard to dislike, which is a bit of a boon for a post like that. Can see it happening.

Hmm they never seem to know where to put him, remember after invasion? He was a stalkr with the undertakers wife one minute and a self motivating "I like me" kind of guy after that???

Rors
02-06-2011, 05:44 PM
Hmm they never seem to know where to put him, remember after invasion? He was a stalkr with the undertakers wife one minute and a self motivating "I like me" kind of guy after that???

Oh I remember alright. "Hey Austin, I got your wife! Come and get her". Not his most stellar career moment that, but even then probably superior to a few weeks' later when he was pinned clean-as-a-sheet in the middle of the ring by...er..Sara Callaway. 'Burial' doesn't come close!

McNamara That Ghost...
02-06-2011, 05:46 PM
And then not long after they give Randy Orton his finisher....:lol:

Rors
02-06-2011, 05:50 PM
And then not long after they give Randy Orton his finisher....:lol:
At least they kept "Self High Five!" as his slogan and his alone...

Olivier's xmas twist
03-06-2011, 06:01 PM
Audio problems + cheap count-out win x throwing drink at a fan = Truth getting over? I must have missed that meeting...

well its better then John even though im beater i can still win cena winning.

never ever though id say this but the miz was more oa a credible champion the cena.

Rors
04-06-2011, 10:25 PM
Well well well..
http://www.411mania.com/dev/wrestling/news/188862/Mick-Foley-Considered-Finished-with-TNA.htm

'Rock: This Is Your Life II' anyone? ... :cold:

McNamara That Ghost...
04-06-2011, 11:03 PM
:lol:

He should be thankful.

Rors
05-06-2011, 09:28 AM
Having a bit of bother with the YT embed on here, so this is the link - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBLY_kWUi8U

"Wrestling Matters" :rolleyes:

McNamara That Ghost...
05-06-2011, 11:36 AM
Dreadful.

:haha:

Cripps_orig
06-06-2011, 12:16 PM
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/wrestling/3620489/TNA-star-Mick-Foley-has-hinted-at-a-return-to-rival-promotion-WWE.html

More on Mick Foley

They make a good point right at the end. We still dont know who the anonymous Raw GM is...

A perfect opportunity to get Foley back in a role he loved doing back in the days as commissioner

Olivier's xmas twist
06-06-2011, 12:29 PM
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/wrestling/3620489/TNA-star-Mick-Foley-has-hinted-at-a-return-to-rival-promotion-WWE.html

More on Mick Foley

They make a good point right at the end. We still dont know who the anonymous Raw GM is...

A perfect opportunity to get Foley back in a role he loved doing back in the days as commissioner

agree bring foley back to raw.

TNA is fecking shit anyway.

Problem is does he want to comeback and how much of a connection or how out of touch would he be with the new generation of stars.

Cripps_orig
07-06-2011, 03:18 PM
Just watched Raw.

Decent show

Even though Cena fucked up the pinfall

On another note,

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/wrestling/3622980/Kurt-Angle-confirms-he-wants-to-compete-at-London-2012-Olympics.html

16 years after winning in Atlanta, hes going for gold again

Marc Overmars
07-06-2011, 03:22 PM
Damn, should have added wrestling tickets to my application.

Cripps_orig
09-06-2011, 04:30 PM
Watching WWE Vintage atm

Never thought id see Vinnie Vegas in a "Classic" match :lol:

Up against good old Davey Boy British Bulldog from 1993

Rors
09-06-2011, 05:28 PM
Watching WWE Vintage atm

Never thought id see Vinnie Vegas in a "Classic" match :lol:

Up against good old Davey Boy British Bulldog from 1993

Nash :bow: To think, Vinnie Vegas was the best of the three gimmicks WCW gave him between 1990 - 1993. The others being MasterBlaster Steel and Oz ( "how dare yooooooou!!" ) :doh:

Cripps_orig
09-06-2011, 05:30 PM
Also showed Hacksaw v Stephen Regal for the TV title and Vader v Steamboat lumberjack match which had to be the worst lumber jack match in history.

Rors
09-06-2011, 05:34 PM
"Terry, you truly are a dopehead" :lol: A lot more where that comes from too. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XP4gWpyIww&feature=player_embedded

Jimbo :bow:

Cripps_orig
09-06-2011, 05:39 PM
Hogan v Warrior Wrestlemania 28

Vince, make it happen

Rors
09-06-2011, 05:44 PM
Hogan v Warrior Wrestlemania 28

Vince, make it happen

Considering Warrior is still persona non grata with the company (as the 'Self-Destruction' DVD) proves, and Terry is nursing his hip each week (or 'being in TNA' as some might call it), I'll wish you well with that request :lol:

Cripps_orig
14-06-2011, 01:28 PM
Watched Raw

Stone Cold :bow:

Booker mentioning soccer and Pele or as he said it "Pay Lay" :bow:

Rors
14-06-2011, 04:57 PM
Two matches ending via a not-breaking-the-hold DQ? Putting Piper over the Miz? :wacko: :doh:

McNamara That Ghost...
14-06-2011, 06:25 PM
Watched Raw

Stone Cold :bow:

Booker mentioning soccer and Pele or as he said it "Pay Lay" :bow:

Aye Stone Cold was great. So was R-Truth, again. :yikes:

Cripps_orig
15-06-2011, 08:16 PM
HULK HOGAN has hinted he would like one final wrestling match — against Stone Cold Steve Austin.

After undergoing another bout of surgery on his back, many feel the Hulkster should never set foot in the ring again as an active wrestler for fear of causing himself serious injury.
But Hogan claims he would be keen on a dream match with a man he never faced during his 34-year career.
The TNA star said: "If there is that one last match, that really meant something to the fans, then that would have to be against Stone Cold.
"I can see him making appearances back on TV and he's already starting to get full of himself.
"I heard him say for a while that his back and neck were too messed up to wrestle, but from what I've been seeing lately, I think he's getting geared up to do something and I'd like to be a part of it."
Hogan also spoke of the untimely passing of his one-time best friend, turned bitter enemy, turned friend again, Randy Savage.
Speaking to ESPN, he added: "We were stuck together like glue for 15 years, we did everything together, worked out, travelled, trained and had some great matches
"It may sound awful but we both made an awful lot of money. Then we had this huge falling out, I still don't know why he got mad. He went through a lot with his divorce from Elizabeth and stuff.
"But we did start talking again a few months before he died. We were even going to attend a BBQ organised by his brother Lanny (The Genius) the week he died.
"Out of all the guys who have died, that one hit me hardest."

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/wrestling/3639096/Hulk-Hogan-wants-one-last-wrestling-matchagainst-Stone-Cold-Steve-Austin.html#ixzz1PNTm6HL0 (http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/wrestling/3639096/Hulk-Hogan-wants-one-last-wrestling-matchagainst-Stone-Cold-Steve-Austin.html#ixzz1PNTm6HL0)

Wrestlemania 28, Vince, make it happen

Rors
15-06-2011, 09:15 PM
Wrestlemania 28, Vince, make it happen

All you need to do now is post a request for Austin - Warrior at WM28 and you've completed the set.... Surely one of 'em will come off eh? :whistle: :lol:

Usual self-promotional bollocks from Terry here. The sad thing is that I think he believes all this rubbish. For crying out loud man, you can barely even walk these days! He and Flair have far more in common than they would care to admit.

Cripps_orig
15-06-2011, 09:22 PM
Cant believe i actually have both of Hulks books.

He should give it up. Trying to hang on to Stone Colds coat tail is not cool

Marc Overmars
15-06-2011, 09:32 PM
I'll give Raw a watch this week.

Stone Cold. :bow:

Cripps_orig
16-06-2011, 12:09 PM
Randy Orton might not compete at Capitol Punishment cos of concussion.

Its the reason he didnt wrestle on Raw this week and all depends on if he passes the concussion test which all wrestlers who suffer concussion must pass before they are able to wrestle again

Rors
16-06-2011, 06:37 PM
Randy Orton might not compete at Capitol Punishment cos of concussion.

Its the reason he didnt wrestle on Raw this week and all depends on if he passes the concussion test which all wrestlers who suffer concussion must pass before they are able to wrestle again

Quite right too. Glad that Chris Nowinski's research on this issue has been taken on board.

McNamara That Ghost...
16-06-2011, 06:41 PM
Fingerpoke of doom please.

Rors
16-06-2011, 06:44 PM
Fingerpoke of doom please.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Di2DX_3KStQ

Nail, meet coffin.

Rors
16-06-2011, 06:50 PM
http://www.silvervision.co.uk/products/The-Very-Best-of-WCW-Nitro-DVD-3-Discs.html Presented by DDP no less. Good reviews (i.e by Robert Leighty Jr., not the virtually unreadable dross cooked up by Nick Bazar) starting on 411mania today.

Looking around silvervision and seeing the other upcoming stuff. Does the world really need another 3-disc Rey set?!

McNamara That Ghost...
16-06-2011, 06:57 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Di2DX_3KStQ

Nail, meet coffin.

One of the most brainless decisions WCW ever made. And there are quite a few contenders.

Cripps_orig
16-06-2011, 07:07 PM
I never watched WCW during the Monday Night Wars and thank god for that.

In fact, only time i watched it was when the Dangerous Alliance ran the show and the epic Rick Rude v Sting matches

Rors
19-06-2011, 01:36 PM
Orton gets medical clearance, so he'll be participating in Capitol (UK sic) Punishment tonight

Cripps_orig
19-06-2011, 01:40 PM
Has anyone ever paid to watch on Box Office?

Only time ive ever done it since wrestling was shown on there is this years WrestleMania

McNamara That Ghost...
19-06-2011, 02:47 PM
I have for the main PPV's, not ever going to miss the Royal Rumble for example. Will for the 'In Your House' shows if they have a good card. This one isn't one I'll be buying though.

Cripps_orig
19-06-2011, 02:50 PM
Last 2 Rumbles, ive watched online and miraculously they havent crashed on me. Well they have during the matches but never for the main thing

Rors
19-06-2011, 03:19 PM
Yep will definitely just be 411Mania/WrestlingObserver.com-ing this one, and those only.

Rors
19-06-2011, 03:21 PM
1997-2003 were the days - UK only PPVs on Saturday nights once or twice a year. The first of them - One Night Only from the NEC in Sep '97 - ended up being the best, at least four matches on there would have graced any 'full' supercard.

McNamara That Ghost...
19-06-2011, 04:00 PM
It's every April and November now for tv shows, even if they don't have a PPV over here. Bit much really, given they always have exactly the same stage set. :lol:

Also, the internet probably would hold out for streaming for them but it's always good to watch matches a second time around on the continual replays during the week, as they inevitably are removed from youtube now.

McNamara That Ghost...
20-06-2011, 08:10 AM
Shane McMahon was with Rory McIlroy's dad at the golf yesterday. :lol:

Cripps_orig
20-06-2011, 11:33 AM
SPOILERS BELOW ********

JOHN CENA and Randy Orton retained their World Championships at WWE's Capitol Punishment PPV, held in Washington, on a show which failed to live up to early expectations.

In fact, you may as well change the name of America's capital city from DC to AC - to stand for 'Anti-Climactic'.
Following a similar pattern to this year's disappointing WrestleMania, the event had a reasonable opening two hours and some solid wrestling before the main event proved to be a towering disappointment.
Proceedings opened with Dolph Ziggler claiming the United States title from Kofi Kingston in a fun bout, before WWE sent a message of intent that they plan to invest heavily in Alex Riley by giving the former NXT rookie a clean victory over The Miz. He might be a good outside bet for the winner of a Money in the Bank match next month.
Alberto Del Rio v Big Show was an odd affair. Show ambushed the Mexican before the bell, but was attacked in turn by Mark Henry, who in a cool visual hit his World's Strongest Man on the Giant - through an announce table.
The match would then get underway, but instead of ending with a logical tap-out saw the referee stopping the contest because Show could not continue. It was a finish which did nothing to elevate Alberto, since Henry clearly takes the credit for Show's misfortune.
After some fine mic work by Wade Barrett, which prompted the partisan crowd to spur on Ezekiel Jackson with a "U-S-A" chant (he's from Guyana), the Brit lost his IC crown to Big Zeke in match which was hardly a classic, but then wasn't expected to be.
The best match of the night followed. CM Punk may well be the best all-round worker in the industry today, and he clicked perfectly once again with Rey Mysterio as the two put on a 15 minute masterclass.
Pleasingly this ended cleanly, with CM Punk getting a very rare victory on PPV. Before the match, in a backstage interview, he promised that when he had beaten Mysterio he was going to do 'the most honest thing the WWE Universe has ever seen'.
Guesses on what this cryptic message may mean ranged from quitting the company to attacking John Cena in the main event, but the quote was not followed up on. Perhaps we will find out on Raw.
Randy Orton beat Christian next, in a match which was good, but did not live up to the standard of previous excellent encounters the duo have had. It ended after an RKO, but Christian did have his foot under the bottom rope. He protested the decision afterwards, suggesting that even after three PPV matches this feud may not be over.
An unadvertised match between Evan Bourne and Jack Swagger, which Evan won, was a fun addition and with 45 minutes or so of the show remaining, it had been a fairly good PPV.
However, WWE decided that poor comedy involving a Barack Obama lookalike and Booker T at his annoying worst could fill some time before a main event which had no flow and a corny finish.
R-Truth, despite his entertaining character development of late, is hardly a polished in-ring performer. And while John Cena has been known to pull good matches of people at times, this suited his plodding, predictable style.
The bout was in sharp contrast to the innovative action shown by Punk/Mysterio, and to a lesser extent Orton/Christian, and concluded when a child in the front row threw water in R-Truth's face - leading to Cena hitting an Attitude Adjustment for the win.
It was a desperately disappointing conclusion to the night, at least for those who have reached an age where Cena's superhero powers are no longer a draw.
Shows like this have to rely on a strong main event to leave their paying public satisfied. WWE will have undone two hours of good work with the poor fare that went on last.
We give Capitol Punishment an overall rating of 6 out of 10

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/wrestling/3648135/Capitol-main-event-is-Punishment.html#ixzz1PoaSwB7X (http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/wrestling/3648135/Capitol-main-event-is-Punishment.html#ixzz1PoaSwB7X)

Capitol Punishment results.

Pretty much what was expected

Olivier's xmas twist
20-06-2011, 04:02 PM
SPOILERS BELOW ********

Capitol Punishment results.

Pretty much what was expected

Just seen the results lol i pitty the fool who paid to watch that lol

Rors
20-06-2011, 05:22 PM
Shane McMahon was with Rory McIlroy's dad at the golf yesterday. :lol:

"Which way did he go?"

Not seen it of course, but if the main event was as bad as it sounds, I think we can guess which of the two participants will get the blame for it. :banghead:

McNamara That Ghost...
20-06-2011, 05:34 PM
The thing is, didn't the last PPV only get 78,000 buys? I can't believe someone like Vince can't see that PG rated has no value in it, it doesn't even have to be R or NC-17, what's wrong with PG13?

Rors
20-06-2011, 05:59 PM
The thing is, didn't the last PPV only get 78,000 buys? I can't believe someone like Vince can't see that PG rated has no value in it, it doesn't even have to be R or NC-17, what's wrong with PG13?

Yup. Just got to hope he doesn't decide to move the other way. "Too much violence with PG, we're going Uc now."

McNamara That Ghost...
20-06-2011, 06:08 PM
That'd be even more sanitised than pre-95.

Rors
20-06-2011, 06:31 PM
That'd be even more sanitised than pre-95.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3J0iL52TeYo&feature=related :banghead:

Marc Overmars
20-06-2011, 06:36 PM
Do they even have blood shown anymore?

The turn to PG is definitely what started the downhill spiral.

Rors
20-06-2011, 06:39 PM
Do they even have blood shown anymore?

The turn to PG is definitely what started the downhill spiral.

Strict no-blading policy these days. Should anyone be busted open accidentally, the match is actually stopped to allow them to get it quickly stitched and covered-up. I think it will be a while until we see the crimson mask again

McNamara That Ghost...
20-06-2011, 07:09 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3J0iL52TeYo&feature=related :banghead:

Embarrasing.

Olivier's xmas twist
20-06-2011, 11:01 PM
"Which way did he go?"

Not seen it of course, but if the main event was as bad as it sounds, I think we can guess which of the two participants will get the blame for it. :banghead:

even Orton is becoming hated now. But come on did anyone think Cena vs truth would be decent? i mean truth was never going to win was he, he is not a champ so it would be Cena, boring old Cena.

Might not give the fans what they want but is putting bucks in Vince's pocket.

Darth Vela
21-06-2011, 12:42 PM
Yeah, Cena matches are boring purely because you already know the result and it inevitably turns a guy doing a decent job into looking like a fool, I'm starting to think R-Truth might be right and there's a conspiracy to fix the results of matches. :whistle:

Cripps_orig
21-06-2011, 03:30 PM
Finished watching Raw

Forgot it was another 3 hour show

R Truth, Miz and Christian :bow:

Will be interesting as well to see what happens with CM Punk.

Next week should be good as theres another hall of famer as guest host

Cripps_orig
22-06-2011, 01:52 PM
CM Punk will leave WWE on July 17th which is also the date of the MITB PPV.

He is also in the title match for that but as soon as the clock strikes midnight, his contract is up.

Word has it that CM Punk will win the title but the MITB winner will cash it in that night and walk away as the champ

Rors
22-06-2011, 06:46 PM
If this Punk contract issue is legit, then he had better sign a new one... :threaten:

Cripps_orig
22-06-2011, 09:47 PM
His contract finishing is legit. Whether he walks out or not, i dont know.

I think he'll do a Jericho and come back in a year or so after a break cos he has been suffering from injuries and needs time to heal.

He'll be a big miss. He and Orton are WWEs shining light atm and if one goes, i cant see anyone else stepping up.

Darth Vela
23-06-2011, 11:09 AM
Finished watching Raw

Forgot it was another 3 hour show

Will be interesting as well to see what happens with CM Punk.

Next week should be good as theres another hall of famer as guest host

I don't think I've laughed that hard for quite a while. :lol:

Cripps_orig
23-06-2011, 01:59 PM
WWE :bow:

For making Miz and R Truth, 2 people i hated when they were faces actually likeable as heels

Always was a fan of Christian

Rors
24-06-2011, 05:32 PM
As they say across the water - colo(u)r me interested! :

http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/news/191541/Update-on-the-Shawn-Michaels-Bret-Hart-DVD.htm

McNamara That Ghost...
24-06-2011, 08:52 PM
Should be a good one.

:popcorn:

Cripps_orig
25-06-2011, 05:33 PM
WHEN CM Punk stood in the ring on Monday Raw and confirmed his impending departure from WWE, my heart sank.

Over the previous 24 hours he had demonstrated why many industry experts consider him to be best all-rounder in wrestling today.
A cracking match with Rey Mysterio which was the highlight of an ordinary Capitol Punishment pay per view event was followed on Monday by an excellent Triple Threat involving the same two men, plus Alberto Del Rio.
As well as consistently providing the best in-ring entertainment — his match with Randy Orton is still my favourite match from this year's Wrestlemania — Punk is totally at home on the microphone and frequently supplements his matches and feuds with excellent promos.
The fact that he is leaving is a huge body blow to WWE. Not just because they are losing a major talent, but because it reinforces the image that WWE is no longer a hugely desirable place to work.
Within the last eighteen months, Chris Jericho, Batista and MVP have voluntarily walked away from the world's No1 wrestling organisation.
Add to this Shawn Michaels' and Edge's retirements, as well as Triple H and Undertaker taking a more withdrawn role, and Vince McMahon's company have lost a huge amount of star power and talent.
They have added to their ranks Del Rio, Wade Barrett and Daniel Bryan in that time, while the likes of R-Truth, Christian and The Miz have stepped up, but it is hardly a fair trade.
The top tier of talent in WWE hasn't looked so thin in over a decade.
But the most worrying thing in all this is that so much seems to be WWE's doing.
The punishing schedule surely has to take the vast amount of the blame. Talents are asked to work relentlessly throughout the year.
Yes, they are well paid for doing so, but the mental and physical toll the constant touring and bumping has on the body and mind is huge.
At some point you have to feel that WWE will look at their roster and realise they have to do something to protect their future.
If bright lights like Punk — who is only 32 — have to take a breather, then something must be wrong.
WWE talents do not get mandatory time off — indeed it is often frowned upon should someone want to take some time to rest and recover.
But that is now really proving to be detrimental to the company. Mind you, this isn't a new phenomenon.
In 2004 Brock Lesnar turned his back on a lucrative contract and top position in WWE because he could no longer stand the schedule. He has gone on to a sterling career in MMA, becoming UFC champion and a major drawing card.
Lesnar has even said that he would consider a return to wrestling were it not for the schedule. So why have WWE not learned in the seven years since Lesnar, 33, walked away?

<a href='http://ad.uk.doubleclick.net/adj/sport.thesun.co.uk/wrestling;pos=mpu;sz=300x250;cat=;tile=2;ord=13090 21392360;?' class="border-none" alt="Ad Frame"></a>

CM Punk will be fine. After a bad experience in TNA it is unlikely he will resurface there. But if he did he could command a decent wage.
There is also a chance that someone like Punk — who values the craft higher than the financial rewards it brings — could turn out occasionally for his old 'home team' of Ring of Honor.
In all likelihood he will take several months away from wrestling and rejoin WWE eventually — but that will not hurt his stock. If anything, WWE may well realise exactly what they have been missing.
A saving grace might be that he is being pushed in a prominent role at the moment.
When the rumours of his contract expiry surfaced, many jumped to the conclusion that he would be jobbed out before leaving.
But the opposite has happened, and Punk has won matches and earned a main event slot on his last show.
So enjoy Punk on WWE while you still can. He deserves your attention and the PPV bonus he will receive after July 17.
As far as WWE go, it remains to be seen when they will take a step back and assess their policies which keep leading to big stars walking.
Of that, I have substantially less faith.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/wrestling/3657884/CM-Punks-departure-from-WWE-exposes-failing-policies-within-the-company.html#ixzz1QJGOUhSj

Spot on

Marc Overmars
25-06-2011, 06:43 PM
They should dump Smackdown and trim the roster tbh.

Any news of Triple H or Undertaker making an appearance anytime soon? They came back for like 2 shows for WM and that's it.

Cripps_orig
25-06-2011, 06:56 PM
Dont think Undertaker has been seen since WM. Injured i think.

Triple H came back the Raw after WM to tell Undertaker that when he (Taker) comes back, he (Triple H) will be ready

Not been seen since. He still goes to functions and so on for WWE though but in terms of wrestling, hes taken a back seat and helps the younger lot behind the scenes

Marc Overmars
25-06-2011, 06:58 PM
Triple H. :bow:

What a man.

Cripps_orig
25-06-2011, 07:01 PM
Just checked, Triple H came back when Edge retired.

Forgot about that. Didnt wrestle though. Dont think he even said anything on mic. Think he made Edge go out there and talk to the WWE Universe though

Rors
26-06-2011, 09:24 AM
Should be a good one.

:popcorn:

http://www.jrsbarbq.com/blog/hitmanhbk-dvdthesz-awardventura1990-wrestle-warchavo-guerrerokardashianking-connectionvisit-wwe So they were interviewed together? This has just got even more essential, if that's possible. :kingsizepopcorn:

(In that blog post, did JR HAVE to bring up Wrestle War '90? :lol: )

Rors
26-06-2011, 09:31 AM
WWE talents do not get mandatory time off — indeed it is often frowned upon should someone want to take some time to rest and recover.

First part of that clause is true, but the second isn't. If you feel you need time off, Vinny will give it to you. He'd joke about it - as he told Mick Foley once, "I can see here where I give you two days off at the end of July" - but a sadist he is not.

The calendar though is undeniably gruelling. A TV show every Monday/Tuesday, plus no fewer than three house shows in the week - often in far-flung places in the world, before coming back and doing it all over again. Especially for someone like Punk, who will of course eschew all of the more pharmaceutical distractions that may be on offer, you can see how that would drive someone to take a bit of a step-back. Just don't even think of turning up in TNA, in which you would surely end up merely being called a "midget" by Ol' Terry, and regularly jobbing to whatever Bubba Ray Dudley is calling himself these days.

Rors
26-06-2011, 09:35 AM
whatever Bubba Ray Dudley is calling himself these days.

''Bully Ray" apparently :doh: His real name is Mark LoMonaco, and, "His favorite sport is soccer and he is a fan of the Italian First Division, the Serie A" :lol:

McNamara That Ghost...
28-06-2011, 08:28 AM
CM Punk. :bow:

What a way to go out. Up there with Zidane really. WWE.com says that the abrupt ending to RAW was not technical difficulties was but to end the unprofessional conduct of CM Punk and Vince has now ordered CM Punk's suspension. It might have been a worked shoot la Paul Heyman (he does say he's a Paul Heyman guy) before Survivor Series 2001 but it was awesome.

Also, HBK. :bow:

Even DDP made an appearance there. :blink:

They also taped the RAW for next Monday so you can read the spoiler report on http://www.411mania.com/wrestling (http://www.411mania.com/wrestling) if you so wish. Careful clicking on it though, it does give small spoilers about what happened on this week's RAW on the homepage.

Cripps_orig
28-06-2011, 12:59 PM
Just watched it.

Wow...just wow.

Im speechless.

All i can say is

CM punk :bow:

Darth Vela
28-06-2011, 03:53 PM
That was awesome.

CM Punk is now officially the best wrestler in the world, ever.

I'm guessing next weeks RAW will be pretty interesting.

Cripps_orig
28-06-2011, 04:50 PM
That was awesome.

CM Punk is now officially the best wrestler in the world, ever.

I'm guessing next weeks RAW will be pretty interesting.

They've already taped next weeks show so you can find out about it on the link Maccy provides.

Id rather wait the week to see what happens.

Rors
28-06-2011, 05:19 PM
:bow:
"Oops, I'm breaking the fourth wall!"

It was only the references to leaving with the WWE Championship that marked this down as a work, but otherwise, that was totally believable.
Indeed, the words and feelings were those of Punk himself ( I reckon even Vinny - who approved the promo - might have had a word about the Steph/Levesque comments though :lol: ). I particularly liked he had a go at the 'smart' fans who were cheering him as well, that's the sort of thinking on your feet you don't see enough of these days.
Easy to be dragged into hyperbole with something like this, but I would already put this alongside Mick's "Cane Dewey", Austin's ECW debut, and Bret's first anti-American promo the day after WM13 as the best 'shoots' we've seen.

Olivier's xmas twist
28-06-2011, 05:25 PM

What a way to go out. Up there with Zidane really. WWE.com says that the abrupt ending to RAW was not technical difficulties was but to end the unprofessional conduct of CM Punk and Vince has now ordered CM Punk's suspension. It might have been a worked shoot la Paul Heyman (he does say he's a Paul Heyman guy) before Survivor Series 2001 but it was awesome.

Also, HBK. :bow:

Even DDP made an appearance there. :blink:

They also taped the RAW for next Monday so you can read the spoiler report on http://www.411mania.com/wrestling (http://www.411mania.com/wrestling) if you so wish. Careful clicking on it though, it does give small spoilers about what happened on this week's RAW on the homepage.

has he really left then and how

Cripps_orig
28-06-2011, 05:27 PM
Raw’s abrupt conclusion Monday night was not due to technical difficulties. The decision to suddenly end the broadcast in that manner was made by WWE Chairman and CEO Vince McMahon, who gave this quote to WWE.com:
“CM Punk was suspended indefinitely for his unprofessional conduct as soon as Raw went off the air.”
With his WWE contract expiring on July 17, one can only assume that this suspension effectively terminates CM Punk’s tenure with WWE.

http://www.wwe.com/shows/raw/2011-06-27/mcmahon-suspends-punk

From WWE.com but wouldnt pay much attention that.

Cripps_orig
28-06-2011, 05:30 PM
CM PUNK has launched a scathing attack on WWE owner Vince McMahon, the company's fans and a host of big-name wrestling stars.

The Straightedge Superstar closed Monday's edition of Raw with one of the most controversial promos in the history of the show.
Punk, who is leaving WWE after the Money in the Bank pay-per-view, grabbed a mic and sat in his trademark pose on the ramp after helping R-Truth defeat John Cena in the night's main event.
And what followed was an astonishing speech which will live long in the memory.
Punk, wearing a Stone Cold Steve Austin T-shirt, began reasonably tamely by addressing the stricken Cena.
He said: "I don't hate you, John. I don't even dislike you. I do like you. I like you a hell of a lot more than I like most people in the back."
But Punk then said it was the fact that Cena is regarded as the best wrestler in WWE that rankled with him.
Punk referred to himself as the planet's No1 grappler and told Cena: "The only thing you're better at than I am is kissing Vince McMahon's ass."
As this point, it seemed a shade edgy, but it was nothing compared with what was to follow.
Punk then dropped the names of Hulk Hogan and The Rock, referred to only with a sarcastic 'Dwayne', as ass-kissers to rival Cena.

Punk continued: "I'm the best wrestler in the world.
"I've been the best ever since day one when I walked into this company and I've been vilified and hated since that day because Paul Heyman saw something in me that nobody else wanted to admit.
"That's right — I'm a Paul Heyman guy. You know who else was a Paul Heyman guy? Brock Lesnar — and he split, just like I'm splitting.
"The fact that Dwayne is in the main event at WrestleMania next year and I'm not makes me sick."
Punk talked up his credentials, slammed the fact he is not a poster boy for WWE and reiterated his intention to leave the firm with the title.
He said: "I'm leaving with the WWE championship on July 17 and who knows, maybe I'll go and defend it in New Japan Pro Wrestling. Maybe I'll go back to Ring of Honor."
He then turned to the camera and acknowledged one of his friends from Ring of Honor. Punk said: "Hey Colt Cabana, how you doing?"
Addressing the fans, he added: "The reason I'm leaving is you people.
"Because after I'm gone you're still going to pour money into this company. I'm just a spoke in the wheel. The wheel's going to keep turning and I understand that.
"But Vince McMahon's going to make money despite himself. He's a millionaire who should be a billionaire."
Punk then slammed McMahon Snr, his daughter, her husband Triple H and WWE executive John Laurinaitis.
Punk said: "You know why Vince is not a billionaire? It's because he surrounds himself with glad-handed, nonsensical douchebag yes-men like John Laurinaitis who are going to tell him everything he wants to hear.

http://pixel.quantserve.com/pixel/p-e4m3Yko6bFYVc.gif?labels=NewsAndReference,Entertai nmentNewshttp://trgca.opt.fimserve.com/fp.gif?pixelid=287-036699&diresu=556b5c984e01f24e5ac72edc468f65<a href='http://ad.uk.doubleclick.net/adj/sport.thesun.co.uk/wrestling;pos=mpu;sz=300x250;cat=;tile=2;ord=13092 80849142;?' class="border-none" alt="Ad Frame"></a>

"And I'd like to think that maybe this company will be better after Vince McMahon is dead, but the fact is it's going to get taken over by his idiotic daughter and his doofus son-in-law and the rest of his stupid family."
As Punk uttered the words "Let me tell you a personal story about Vince McMahon. You see where we do this whole bully campaign..." his microphone was cut off and the show ended with him ranting inaudibly towards the camera.
Immediately, talk was of whether this was a worked piece of deliberate controversy, a total deviation from the script, or perhaps something in between.
WWE.com made "McMahon suspends CM Punk" their lead news item and removed his profile from the site.
The article included a statement from McMahon, which said: "CM Punk was suspended indefinitely for his unprofessional conduct as soon as Raw went off the air."
WWE.com's piece went to on to note that "with his contract expiring on July 17, one can only assume that this suspension effectively terminates CM Punk's tenure with WWE".
The safest assumption in wrestling is always to assume everything that happens on TV is part of the script — and this certainly seems that way.
But whatever the reality, the fact is that we were treated to an epic moment in wrestling history last night.
And the aftermath may be spectacular.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/wrestling/3664088/CM-Punk-has-launched-a-scathing-attack-on-Vince-McMahon-and-a-host-of-big-name-wrestling-stars.html#ixzz1QaogOS00

A work but nevertheless brilliantly done. Video of it on the link for anyone who missed it

McNamara That Ghost...
28-06-2011, 05:31 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OS9wZGb_3g

Olivier's xmas twist
28-06-2011, 05:40 PM
A work but nevertheless brilliantly done. Video of it on the link for anyone who missed it

So was this scripted or did he get suspended for real or is he going to come back ant mitb

McNamara That Ghost...
28-06-2011, 05:42 PM
It wasn't scripted, they're clearly CM Punk's words. The idea of doing a worked shoot would be scripted I suppose (deciding when to put it in) but what is said, isn't.

Cripps_orig
28-06-2011, 05:42 PM
So was this scripted or did he get suspended for real or is he going to come back ant mitb

His contract is up after MITB. He will leave.

He will come back in a year or so.

What this does is keep him in peoples minds

Olivier's xmas twist
28-06-2011, 05:48 PM
His contract is up after MITB. He will leave.

He will come back in a year or so.

What this does is keep him in peoples minds

Cool, well thanks ffrom saving me from watching all of raw lol, next week will be epic

McNamara That Ghost...
28-06-2011, 05:49 PM
Stone Cold's verdict:

@CMPunk just melted my 52 inch TV with a scorching hot promo...delivery, content, and attitude...one of the best promos I've ever seen.52 inch, WTF?

Rors
28-06-2011, 05:57 PM
Stone Cold's verdict:

52 inch, WTF?

Maybe the sell-on fees from straight-to-DVD films aren't so bad after all!

---

'Expert' opinion here..:

Billy Corgan: "@CMPunk that may have been the GREATEST promo i have ever seen...to paraphrase Paul E, 'you sir, are f'n hardcore'..."

McNamara That Ghost...
28-06-2011, 05:58 PM
Billy Corgan's approval? I take the :bow:'s back.

Cripps_orig
28-06-2011, 06:00 PM
Last night on WWE (http://www.rajah.com/base/node/23396#) Monday Night Raw I heard one of the best wrestling promos in the history of the business (http://www.rajah.com/base/node/23396#). Thank you CM Punk for giving us a speech that we'll be talking about for years to come.
"The only thing that's real is me. And the fact that day in and day out for almost six years I have proved to everybody in the world that I am the best on this microphone, in that ring - even on commentary. Nobody can touch me." - CM Punk on WWE Monday Night Raw, June 27, 2011.
Wow. What a promo. In case you don't know what I'm talking about, check out last night's Live Raw Deal (http://www.thejohnreport.net/2011/06/27/the-john-report-the-wwe-raw-deal-for-062711-raw-roulette) because the end of this week's Raw featured a five minute CM Punk promo that has the wrestling world buzzing. Immediately after Punk's promo where he ripped management in a way that you don't see on WWE TV (http://www.rajah.com/base/node/23396#), he was "suspended" by WWE Chairman Vince McMahon.
It should be noted that next week's Raw was immediately taped after this week's Raw due to WWE's long tour of South Africa, Australia and New Zealand in the coming weeks. I read the spoilers. I'm not going to talk about them. Let's keep the focus on last night.
The basic synopsis of the promo is that Punk's mad about his place within the WWE. Was it a real promo? Yes in some ways, but no in other ways. It was real in the sense that a lot of what he said was likely what he truly feels about certain things in WWE. He's mad about his spot in the company. He's mad that he's not perceived as a true top guy despite the talents he obviously possesses. My guess is he went over the promo with Vince, Triple H, Johnny Ace and whoever else he felt needed to be in on it, told them the basic idea of what he was saying and they gave him the green light for it because they know how gifted a talker he is. He was likely told that he had five minutes to say what he wanted to, but when he said "let me tell you a personal story about Vince McMahon" the microphone would be cut off. Then the show would go off the air.
The fact that people are even asking if it's real or not is great. The truth is that if anybody ever "went into business for themselves" then they would be cut off immediately. Security would come out. Trust me, it would look very real. Of course WWE tried to make it look very real, but as I pointed out in the Raw Deal they also put their WWE copyright logo on screen about seven minutes before the show ended. Usually it's at the very end. I realize that's not something everybody will notice. It is something worth mentioning, though.
It's not like this was the first worked shoot promo in WWE. It's just that it is the most recent one. They work as long as you don't do them all the time. The Joey Styles one was great (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWnmYLW54YI) and people thought he legitimately quit WWE. Nope. He heads up the WWE.com team. There was also the great Paul Heyman worked shoot (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vswZ73WETpc) on Vince McMahon from about a decade ago. A lot of people saw that and they couldn't believe Vince would let him say that stuff. He ended up working for Vince for another five years after that. There are others, but those are two that are still talked about to this day.
The interesting thing about the Heyman promo and the Punk one is that Heyman wore a Steve Austin hat during the speech. What shirt was CM Punk wearing? A Steve Austin shirt. I guess you could say Austin was a bit of a promo inspiration to both guys because his epic Austin 3:16 speech (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCccWvPFME0) is considered one of the best promos ever. He was given a minute to talk. It was the beginning of the very successful Attitude Era. Why was Punk wearing an Austin shirt? It's probably because Austin wasn't an ass kisser like the guys talked about: Hogan, Rock or Cena (http://www.rajah.com/base/node/23396#). I think it was an awesome tribute to Austin whether fans paid attention to it or not. It's weird for a guy to wear the shirt of another guy, but in this sense it really worked and built up the realness of this angle even though it was obviously what we call a worked shoot.
There were a lot of things that Punk said that got people talking. Let's break them down a bit starting from the beginning:
Kissing Vince's Ass - He mentioned Cena being great at it just like Hogan and Rock. That's not something you're going to regularly hear. It immediately grabbed people's attention by making it seem more "real" because it wasn't like a typical wrestling promo. Mentioning Hogan likely surprised a lot of people too. It set the promo off on the right foot. Even referring to Rock as "Dwayne" a few times was unique. I loved it.
Brock Lesnar - He brought him up when he mentioned being a Paul Heyman guy like Lesnar. Despite Vince sending Undertaker to try to set up an angle with Brock Lesnar, I don't think he'll ever be on good terms with Lesnar again. Brock was built up to be the company's future superstar and he left after being pushed as a top guy. To mention him in a promo crosses a line not usually crossed in WWE. Again, it made it feel real.
Not on a crappy USA Network show - During his rant about not being promoted right, he brought up not being a guest on a USA Network show like other WWE talent often is. I wonder if WWE had to clear that one with the network or if they had to call them after to explain that it was just a bad guy doing a wrestling promo. Burying the network that your show is on is silly, but as long as you don't do it often it can work by saying it was simply part of the show.
New Japan Pro Wrestling and Ring of Honor - It's rare for WWE to mention other companies on their show. Very rare. However, WWE has signed a lot of talents from ROH through the years (including CM Punk) and I think it's a good thing that they were mentioned. Punk also saying "hi" to Colt Cabana, one of his best friends, was also a nice touch. As for NJPW, they've been in existence for decades. I'm sure they appreciated the plug.
John Laurinaitis - Also known as Johnny Ace, he's been in charge of talent relations for much of the last decade. He is a Vince McMahon "yes man" in a lot of ways. That's his job. To bring his name up in a promo also made the entire thing that much more surreal. The average fan has no idea who that is. The smart fan does.
His (Vince McMahon) Idiotic daughter and his doofus son-in-law - That's Stephanie McMahon and Triple H. I marked out for doofus personally. So did Doofy from Scary Movie (http://www.rajah.com/base/node/23396#). Anyway, it's rare for somebody to insult Stephanie & HHH in that way or to reference the fact that they'd be running the company. It was another thing that added to the "Oh My God" feel of the promo.
Here are some tweets from people within the wrestling business commenting on CM Punk's promo to end Raw.
Steve Austin: @CMPunk just melted my 52 inch TV with a scorching hot promo...delivery, content, and attitude...one of the best promos I've ever seen...
Chris Jericho: Congrats to @cmpunk and Vince McMahon for doing something tonight that hasn’t been done in awhile…make history.
Shawn Michaels: 2 words 4 @CMPunk - thata boy. Felt like old times.
Mick Foley: I have no idea where this @cmpunk thing might go, but I know I'll be watching. Captivating stuff.
John Bradshaw Layfield: CM Punk’s promo-shoot or work? Who cares? When you are so good that you can put that doubt in viewers minds you have done your job very well.
Daniel Bryan: With revolution dripping off his lips with every word, @CMPunk was a god last night.
MVP: My verdict after watching the @CMPunk promo, he just had his Austin 3:16 moment. Don’t f*** this one up WWE.
Colt Cabana: Love Ya @CMPUNK. Just watching you make HISTORY!!! This is soooo f**king amazing...AMAZING!!! #IWantWrestling Colt Cabana's Trending but @CMPunk should legit trend FOREVER. Coolest thing on wrestling since 1998. Can't believe theyre gonna let'm walk
There are probably more out there, but that's a good sampling that shows that people within the business, whether they work for WWE currently or not, are applauding this angle because they know how rare it is for a wrestler to cut such a promo. The best part of this whole "worked shoot" by CM Punk is that interest in WWE is higher right now than it has been likely since The Rock was on Raw.
Before I wrap this up I'm going to answer three quick questions that are common ones that I've been asked repeatedly on Twitter, Facebook, email, etc. in the last twelve hours.
1. Is Punk really suspended?
No. They say that on WWE.com, but it's just part of the angle. They even shut down his WWE Universe Facebook page that he's likely never logged onto in his life. I'm not sure if he'll be booked on WWE's tour of South Africa, Australia and New Zealand that starts this weekend. For the legitimacy of the angle he shouldn't be, but you never know.
2. Is there a chance Punk stays in WWE long term?
Yes. Absolutely. The reality is that nobody really knows what his contract situation is. Yes, the deal does expire this summer. The exact date is apparently in September. For all we know he could take two or three months off, come back in time for the Royal Rumble with a new contract in hand and a renewed push leading a renegade group. Perhaps there's a future feud with Triple H as a result of this too? You never know.
3. What do you think about this storyline?
I love it. It has me excited about WWE programming for the first time in a very long time. This was not like the usual stuff WWE does on their weekly TV shows. That's why it has people talking. Even though it wasn't real it felt more real than anything WWE has done in years. I hope that makes sense. It does to me.
I give massive props to CM Punk, Vince McMahon, Triple H, Johnny Ace, John Cena and whoever else might be involved in this angle. I don't have any inside information. I have no idea where it's going. I'm completely fine with that. I just want it to stay hot, to keep going and to keep my interest in the product high. That's what matters to me. The end of last night's Raw was an example of great storytelling because it was different from what we normally see. It made you stand up to take notice. That's why we're fans.
I'm excited. What's next?
To wrap this up, here's the promo transcribed for you courtesy of my friends at NoDQ.com (http://nodq.com/)…
(Punk sits down at the top of the ramp)
John Cena, while you lay there, hopefully as uncomfortable as you possibly can be, I want you to listen to me. I want you to digest this, because before I leave in three weeks with your WWE Championship, I have a lot of things I wanna get off my chest.
I don’t hate you, John. I don’t even dislike you. I like you a hell of a lot more than I like most people in the back. I hate… this idea… that you’re the best… because you’re not. I’m the best. I’m the best in the world. There’s one thing you’re better at than I am, and that’s kissing Vince McMahon’s ass. You’re as good at kissing Vince’s ass as Hulk Hogan was. I don’t know if you’re as good as Dwayne… he’s a pretty good ass-kisser… always was and still is. Oops… I’m breaking the fourth wall. [Punk waves to the camera.] I am the best… wrestler… in the world. I’ve been the best ever since Day One when I walked into this company, and I’ve been vilified and hated since that day because Paul Heyman saw something in me that nobody else wanted to admit. That’s right, I’m a Paul Heyman guy. You know who else was a Paul Heyman guy? Brock Lesnar… and he split, just like I’m splittin’, but the biggest difference between me and Brock is that I’m going to leave with the WWE Championship.
I’ve grabbed so many of Vincent K. McMahon’s imaginary brass rings that it’s finally dawned on me that they’re just that. They’re completely imaginary. The only thing that’s real is me, and the fact that day in and day out, for almost six years, I’ve proved to everybody in the world that I am the best on this microphone, in that ring, and even on commentary. Nobody can touch me. And yet, no matter how many times I prove it, I’m not on your lovely little collectors’ cups, I’m not on the cover of the program, I’m barely promoted, I don’t get to be in movies, I’m not on any crappy show on the USA Network, I’m not on the poster of WrestleMania, I’m not on the signature that’s produced at the start of the show. I’m not on Conan O’Brian, I’m not on Jimmy Fallon, but the fact of the matter is I should be, and trust me, this isn’t sour grapes, but the fact that “Dwayne” is in the main event of WrestleMania next year and I’m not makes me sick!
Oh hey, let me get something straight, those of you who are cheering me right now… you are just as big a part of me leaving as anyone else, because you’re the ones sipping out of those collector cups right now, you’re the ones that buy those programs that my face isn’t on the cover of, and then at five in the morning at the airport, you try to shove it in my face thinking you can get an autograph and sell it on eBay because you’re too lazy to get a real job.
I’m leaving with the WWE championship on July 17 and hell, who knows, maybe I’ll go defend it in New Japan Pro Wrestling… maybe I’ll go back to Ring of Honor… [Punk waves to the camera again] hey, Colt Cabana, how you doing? The reason I’m leaving is you people because after I’m gone you’re still going to pour money into this company — I’m just a spoke on the wheel — the wheel’s gonna keep turning. And I understand that… that Vince McMahon’s gonna make money despite himself… he’s a millionaire who should be a billionaire… you know why he’s not a billionaire? It’s because he surrounds himself with glad-handing nonsensical [censored] yes-men like John Lauranitis, who’s gonna tell him everything he wants to hear… and I’d like to think that maybe this company will be better after Vince McMahon is dead, but the fact is it’s gonna get taken over by his idiotic daughter and his doofus son-in-law and the rest of his stupid family.
Let me tell you a personal story about Vince McMahon. You know we do this whole bully campaign…
(Microphone is cut off. Punk hits the mic a few times, says something inaudible, yells “I’ve been silenced”, and we fade to black.)
And one more time here is the video of it:

Feel free to hit me on Twitter, Facebook, email or comment on Thejohnreport.net using the appropriate links below. I'll do my best to reply. I don't think I'll post reader comments on the site, but I will read through them all and reply as best as I can. Thanks for reading.
Take care, spike your hair and if you have a doofus son-in-law be sure to keep him in line.

http://www.rajah.com/base/node/23396

Now this is a guy ITK.

Goes in to detail about the promo. Good read

Rors
28-06-2011, 06:08 PM
I forgot Heyman's "Vince McMahon stole my ideas" speech from my earlier list, that was a corker. Almost made up for his "big up to my boys Limp Bizkit" from seven months prior :lol:

Anyway, THIS is the gold standard for all promos. Sorry Punk:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AC-ZoraCq0I

Olivier's xmas twist
28-06-2011, 10:28 PM
Punk has to beat Cena for the title, only way the ppv will save face. Then have the MITB winner beat punk in the last minute's.
But can't see Vince doing that shame.

McNamara That Ghost...
28-06-2011, 10:46 PM
I don't like the fact there are two MITB matches (one for each brand). I like not knowing what title the winner will go for, well...assuming there are still going to be two titles.

Also, the less said about the Bushwackers the better.

Sky got it all wrong. They have Capitol Punishment as the PPV and MITB on Sky Sports. :haha:

Olivier's xmas twist
28-06-2011, 11:00 PM
I don't like the fact there are two MITB matches (one for each brand). I like not knowing what title the winner will go for, well...assuming there are still going to be two titles.

This, this is what too rosters gets you though. If it was WM then you could have 1 big one with stars from both shows where the winner gets to choose, like the rumble in away.

With punk going might as well trim the rosters and let stars appear on both shows like the attitude era days. i.e DX vs the rock

McNamara That Ghost...
28-06-2011, 11:03 PM
That happens a lot anyway now, it seems every month there is a gimmick edition of RAW where they have Smackdown wrestlers (sorry Vince). Three in a row now at the moment!

Olivier's xmas twist
28-06-2011, 11:18 PM
That happens a lot anyway now, it seems every month there is a gimmick edition of RAW where they have Smackdown wrestlers (sorry Vince). Three in a row now at the moment!

Yeah but it be nice to do it on smackdown once in a while( i know Raw is the bigger show) just feels SD is lagging behind and even the Vault matches are better than the live ones.

There is just too many fillers on Both shows and not enough good action.

McNamara That Ghost...
29-06-2011, 07:44 AM
Nah Smackdown is by far the better show I reckon and with the matches that get longer viewtime. There is less talking on it.

Marc Overmars
29-06-2011, 08:28 AM
CM Punks promo. :bow:

Burned.

GP
29-06-2011, 08:30 AM

That was awesome.

Marc Overmars
29-06-2011, 08:43 AM
Was he due to win the title at the next ppv? Or was that part scripted?

McNamara That Ghost...
29-06-2011, 08:53 AM
No idea.

Cripps_orig
01-07-2011, 07:59 PM
RANDY ORTON blasted The Rock, humiliated Kelly Kelly and made unkind comments about other wrestlers in an explosive new radio interview.

The Viper was fuming at Rocky, alleging the movie star got him into trouble with WWE bosses after downplaying his WrestleMania return.
Orton was appearing on an American radio show and recalled some of the comments he made about The Rock before WrestleMania, with added emphasis, before describing how he ended up in hot water.
He said: "The Rock comes back to our show to do this programme with Cena going into WrestleMania and he cuts this promo talking about how he never left and he promises he's never going to leave again.
"The WWE has always been a place in his heart and the fans 'if it wasn't for you...'
"Then he wasn't around for weeks to come. He literally said 'I promise I will never leave you again.'
"Someone had asked me who I thought was better, John Cena or Rock. I said Rock needs a teleprompter. Rock needs a writer to write all his stuff.
"Cena is awesome on the mic. When it comes to wrestling in the ring and the technical aspect, I feel as if I blow him away. I feel like I'm more of an athlete.
"The guy can squat 800lbs, I'm not saying he's not an athlete, but watching him I feel he's a little bulky, big. A little stiff, hard to move, robotic. That certainly hasn't hurt him. That's not necessarily a dig.
"I'm much better but on the microphone, he's light years ahead of all of us. Including The Rock.W
Orton added: "I heard Vince was mad, and John Laurinaitis, the Vice President of Talent Relations, pulled me to one side and I shouldn't have said this going into WrestleMania.
"Basically, Rock called the office and said 'Randy Orton did an interview and buried me and Triple H.'
"Now I talked about Triple H and Undertaker's match, talking about how I respected these guys. I didn't 'bury' Triple H, but Rock threw his name in the mix so that it would get attention.
"So I actually talked to Hunter about it, and it's this big to-do over nothing.
"Rock never came to me. I've worked with him before. I thought about going up to him in catering and saying 'Really? Is that what we do here?'"
Orton then inferred WWE Diva Kelly Kelly has a reputation for sleeping around in the locker room and that she has had sex with a number of wrestlers including Dolph Ziggler.
But he subsequently made an apology on Twitter, stating: "I owe Kelly K and apology.
"The fact that she has dated a few guys I work with doesn't make her a bad person, and is also none of my or anyone else's business.
"Yesterday I got caught up in a live radio interview and brought Kelly's personal life into it. It was completely uncalled for.
"Kelly, I hope one day you can forgive me. I do however understand if that doesn't happen. Please everyone, trash me all you want, but please drop this topic out of respect for Barb."
During the interview, which you can listen to here, (http://podcasting.fia.net/6005/4788152.mp3) Orton also criticised Mark Henry and The Great Khali for being poor wrestlers, and confirmed a long known rumour that The Miz and Maryse are dating.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/wrestling/3672774/Randy-Orton-declares-war-on-The-Rock.html#ixzz1QsxooqEB

WrestleMania 29, Vince make it happen

Cripps_orig
04-07-2011, 04:49 PM
JOHN CENA has fanned the flames in his war of words with The Rock with a stunning tirade on his rival Down Under.

Cena is set to face The Great One in the main event at WrestleMania 28 as their bitter three-year feud finally comes to a head.

And, after beating R-Truth at a house show in Perth, Australia, Cena grabbed a microphone to hit back at fans who had chanted his adversary's name.

He blasted: "The Rock didn't want to come over to Australia. The Rock is back in the United States of America enjoying a prolific career as an actor.

"I don't give a damn about how much money he's got and I don't give a damn if he's up in his mansion relaxing waiting for his next lead role.

"I give a damn that he had the balls to stand in the middle of this ring and say that he was back and that he was never leaving again.

"Yet here I am and we all wonder where is the so-called People's Champion? Where is the so-called captain of Team Bring It?

"And if he is the captain of Team Bring It, what are they bringing? A doctor's note that says he can't fly all the way to Australia and entertain the WWE Universe?

"I don't care if I have to play GI Joe, Fast Five, Fast Six, Godzilla, King Kong and Julius Caesar all rolled into one, I want to be in the middle of this ring defending this championship in front of all of you because I am not an actor.

"I am a professional wrestler and that is what I do because of crowds like you.

"So if you five want to cheer for an actor to get back in the ring, you take your cheers and your T-shirts with the bull, fold them up real nice, put them in your dresser and wait for April 1 because that's the only time the People's Champ will say that he loves all of you."

Cena's war of words with The Rock started on these very pages when he slammed the movie star for turning his back on the wrestling industry.

The Rock's last major in-ring appearance for WWE was in 2004 when he and Mick Foley were beaten by Randy Orton, Ric Flair and Batista at WrestleMania 20.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/wrestling/3676762/John-Cena-has-blasted-The-Rock-for-skipping-WWEs-tour-of-Asutralia.html#ixzz1R9jVMiRE

The Sun :bow:

Cenas right tbh. When i went to watch Raw back in April, we expected The Rock to make an appearance especially as we knew he was in London at the same time promoting Fast Five but the cunt never showed.

Hope Cena kicks his ass

Olivier's xmas twist
04-07-2011, 06:39 PM
WrestleMania 29, Vince make it happen

Much as i like Orton he is behaving like a tit tbh

Cripps_orig
04-07-2011, 08:11 PM
I think most wrestlers arent happy that Rock despite doing f all has got the Wrestlemania main event for next year, something which they work all year for

Cripps_orig
06-07-2011, 02:11 PM
Just watched this weeks Raw.

Pretty predictable.

What i think will happen

CM Punk will beat Cena for the title but Del Rio, who won the number 1 contender match on Raw, will have won the MITB match earlier on in the night and will cash it in and beat Punk meaning Punk does not walk out of as WWE Champion hence saving Cenas job and we will see a feud between Del Rio and Cena

McNamara That Ghost...
06-07-2011, 05:11 PM
I actually quite enjoyed the exchange between Cena and Vince. Vince actually said wrestling. :yikes:

Olivier's xmas twist
09-07-2011, 04:31 PM
I think most wrestlers arent happy that Rock despite doing f all has got the Wrestlemania main event for next year, something which they work all year for

Well thats the way it goes, unless you make the big cheese money you have to work hard, once you make that moeny you do what you wan't.

I see Orton is becomin hated too

Olivier's xmas twist
09-07-2011, 04:34 PM
Just watched this weeks Raw.

Pretty predictable.

What i think will happen

CM Punk will beat Cena for the title but Del Rio, who won the number 1 contender match on Raw, will have won the MITB match earlier on in the night and will cash it in and beat Punk meaning Punk does not walk out of as WWE Champion hence saving Cenas job and we will see a feud between Del Rio and Cena

Yep said this, but i think it will be Miz who walks out champ that night. As for raw was shit excpet the Vince/cena bit and Miz/riley bit SD was better though

dazthegooner
09-07-2011, 06:57 PM
WWE is not a sport it panto.. ;) OH YES IT IS!

McNamara That Ghost...
12-07-2011, 08:50 AM

Awesome again.

McNamara That Ghost...
12-07-2011, 05:13 PM
FR-5yb9Dofw

O4Aj_jqgRks

yiSe4bn3Srs

Vince. :bow:

Cena. :doh:

McNamara That Ghost...
12-07-2011, 05:28 PM
Also, http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/news/193663/%5BVIDEOS%5D-Sean-Waltman-Reviews-Raw.htm

Warmed to him a lot since he started doing his video blogs on wrestling.

McNamara That Ghost...
13-07-2011, 06:40 PM
http://www.whosay.com/DwayneJohnson/videos/46340

Cripps_orig
14-07-2011, 05:11 PM
THE ROCK has hit back at John Cena following his shocking tirade in Australia.

Cena slammed The Great One for failing to take part in the WWE's latest tour Down Under and questioned his commitment to the wrestling business.

But The Rock — who is set to collide with Cena in the main event at Wrestlemania in April — has hinted he could return to the ring before then to settle his differences with his adversary.

The moviestar said: "The Rock ain't waiting until Wrestlemania. The Rock, and the millions upon millions of 'Team Bring It' — we're going to come and find you before Wrestlemania.

"We're going to whoop your ass before Wrestlemania.

"And The Rock is going to drop a little hint where it's going to be. It's going to all go down in the city where Rock's dreams came true. In a city where it all started for The Rock.

"From the moment The Rock walked in that historic arena, and thousands and thousands chanted The Rock's name, his very first night was the moment that The Rock and those fans, the moment that The Rock and that city, became one. For life."

These comments have led to some suggesting The Rock is referring to Chicago, where he made his first Wrestlemania appearance in 1997 at the Rosemont Horizon.

WWE will hold the eagerly anticipated Money in the Bank PPV in Chicago this Sunday.

However, it is more likely his comments refer to his WWE debut in Madison Square Garden, New York City at the previous year's Survivor Series.

WWE are due to return to MSG for this year's event in November.

In a stunning 11-minute blast, The Rock — real name Dwayne Johnson — added: "When The Rock said he was back and was never going away, I meant it. The Rock is back.

"The Rock is back in the WWE Universe. The Rock headlining this past Wrestlemania, headlining next year's Wrestlemania.

"As embarrassing as this is for The Rock to say, John Cena, because you are the WWE champion, you are at the same time a complete goof. You are a complete idiot.

"You had this notion in you head that when The Rock said he was never going away that he had to be at every single show, every single night, every live event. No, John Cena, that's not what it means. Idiot.

"It's not what was ever expected of The Rock. Why?

"Because The Rock has already done it.

"You run your mouth — your idiotic mouth: 'If The Rock says he's back and if he doesn't come to every show, that must mean he doesn't care.'

"Let The Rock tell you something, goof. Every time The Rock goes back to an event in the WWE it's because he cares.

"He cares about the people, he wants to entertain the people. Because let me tell you something, The Rock ain't doing it for the money, John. I'm doing ok!

"Here's another fact. You go to every single show every single night? You do it — fact — for the pay check.

"You do it for the money because, John, you damn sure ain't doing it for free."

Video: Rock: Cena's in it for the money

THE ROCK claims WWE superstar John Cena wrestles only for cash
Wrestling

Cena took to Twitter with a series of responses: "Just saw Dwayne's statement. Via satellite of course.

"Looks like I have really made him mad. But, certainly not mad enough to show up and do anything. Maybe he can send a stuntman.

"Dwayne. I am a WWE employee, and a proud one. The difference between us is you left for 'greener pastures'. For me...this is what I love.

"I have never begged for anyone's admiration or acceptance, you don't believe me..watch MITB. It's not about that. It's about showing up.

"I'd rather wrestle a thousand 'Punks' than one 'Rock'. Because I can see his passion. Wish I could see yours...yer just never there. :)

"Until April 1st. Keep on bringing it my man. You're doing great."

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/wrestling/3695331/The-Rock-says-John-Cena-is-in-WWE-for-the-money.html#ixzz1S6I0lqmT

Olivier's xmas twist
15-07-2011, 12:14 PM

Cena needs to shout his mouth the yabba dabba bitch

McNamara That Ghost...
18-07-2011, 09:03 AM
Just watched Money In The Bank, that was absolutely awesome.

Finally...WWE. :bow:

Marc Overmars
18-07-2011, 11:24 AM
Read the results.

So CM Punks wins, good outcome for the storyline. He's not really leaving though is he?

Cripps_orig
18-07-2011, 02:15 PM
Just seen it. Was pretty good. All the matches were tbh. Didn't watch the divas one though.Raw should be good

McNamara That Ghost...
18-07-2011, 05:06 PM
Read the results.

So CM Punks wins, good outcome for the storyline. He's not really leaving though is he?

I think kayfabe, yeah he is. Better idea after RAW tonight. The repeat of the event is on Sky Sports sometime this evening I think.

Darth Vela
18-07-2011, 09:18 PM
Quality PPV, thought the Divas match wasn't bad either, by their standards, might have purely been down to Eve Torres being there though.

Also, why is he always called D-Brian now? Sounds retarded.

Cripps_orig
18-07-2011, 10:04 PM
Think its just Booker who calls him that although I don't watch Smackdown so might be wrong about that

Darth Vela
18-07-2011, 10:42 PM
During the MITB match it was at least Cole as well iirc, maybe he was just gently mocking but subtlety tends to be beyond WWE.

Hopefully it'll just go away.

Cripps_orig
18-07-2011, 10:55 PM
It was a bit annoying admittedly.Anyway thought the SD MITB match was better than the Raw one. Its a shame Sin Cara wasn't involved more but the move that took him out was pretty brutal. Surprised with the winner as well. Expected the Raw winner though

Olivier's xmas twist
18-07-2011, 11:30 PM
I think kayfabe, yeah he is. Better idea after RAW tonight. The repeat of the event is on Sky Sports sometime this evening I think.

Just saw it. Missed some of Ortons match and why was Rey getting booed. Think Del rio rippping of the mask means we will see a riovs rey feud coming up again, mask vs the briefcase anyone.

all in all was the best PPV in a long time.

Cripps_orig
18-07-2011, 11:59 PM
The Randy v Christian matches have been awesome tbh. Ortons the best in the business atm.

McNamara That Ghost...
19-07-2011, 09:52 AM
Sin Cara has been suspended for a wellness policy violation hence the brutal spot I guess.

Also, saw RAW, very interesting end. I guess something like this has been coming for a while now. Still no clearer as to what might happen with Punk though!

McNamara That Ghost...
19-07-2011, 09:53 AM
Just saw it. Missed some of Ortons match and why was Rey getting booed. Think Del rio rippping of the mask means we will see a riovs rey feud coming up again, mask vs the briefcase anyone.

all in all was the best PPV in a long time.

I suspect Rey was booed due to his feud with CM Punk, even though that was a while ago now.

Olivier's xmas twist
19-07-2011, 10:30 AM
The Randy v Christian matches have been awesome tbh. Ortons the best in the business atm.

Looks like we will have another 1 can't wait for SD

I suspect Rey was booed due to his feud with CM Punk, even though that was a while ago now.

Ah i see just seem confusing as he was getting booed the miz and delro cheered lol, but it was good to see the crowd not caring who was a heel or face

Marc Overmars
19-07-2011, 11:37 AM
Yeah partisan crowds always add to the event. Who can forget Hogan vs Rock?

I hate that generic crowd noise they edit into Smackdown.

Cripps_orig
19-07-2011, 01:20 PM
Just watched Raw.The ending :bow:Can't do spoiler tags on my phone for some reason so I'll say no more.

Cripps_orig
21-07-2011, 01:38 PM
MASKED WWE wrestler Sin Cara has been suspended for violating the company's Wellness Policy.

The Mexican import, who became famous in his own country under the name Mistico, will be missing for a month due to an infraction.

A WWE.com statement read: "In accordance with its Talent Wellness Program, WWE has suspended Luis Ignascio Urive Alvirde (Sin Cara) for 30 days for his first violation of the company's policy."

WWE gave no more details about the suspension, but PWInsider.com and other wrestling websites are reporting that Sin Cara failed a steroid test a month ago.

The star made his WWE debut in March to much fanfare, but has underwhelmed in his performances so far.

He was part of the Smackdown Money in the Bank match at Sunday's PPV, and was powerbombed through a ladder by Sheamus, presumably writing him off TV until his suspension ends.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/wrestling/3705385/Steroids-link-to-masked-man-ban.html#ixzz1SkMWzt5A

Hes having a shocker

Cripps_orig
21-07-2011, 01:41 PM
TRIPLE H has taken over from Vince McMahon as on-screen figurehead of Raw - amid rumours that the same thing is about to happen in real life.The Game appeared at the end of Raw for the first time since the night after Wrestlemania to deliver the message to his father-in-law that, in the storyline, the board of directors had declared a 'vote of no confidence' in the Chairman and that Hunter would take over immediately.
This announcement came at the end of a Raw which struggled to live up to the previous night's standout Money in the Bank PPV.
They were never going to be able to deliver such an amazing night of action again, but it still felt like some of the momentum from the previous evening did not carry across.
Vince McMahon started the show by announcing a one-night, eight-man tournament to determine a new WWE Champion.
The fact that he was about to create a new champ, just 24 hours after CM Punk won the belt and disappeared, seemed to undercut his major fears about what would happen if Punk took the belt elsewhere. If he can make a new champion just like that, why was he afraid of the consequences of Punk's victory?
Speaking of Punk, he did not appear on Raw and was sparingly mentioned, with McMahon stating that his name would not be uttered. This was to build up the realism that his departure is legitimate, although John Cena would mention Punk towards the end of the show.
The tournament progressed to leave Rey Mysterio and The Miz in the final but, with little time left on the show, Vince interrupted and aid the final was postponed. He had declared that John Cena was to face serious consequences for not beating Punk and wanted to deliver on that.
Cena cut a fierce promo on the mic, with WWE again sailing as close to the wind in terms of worked shoot comments as they ever have done.
After briefly addressing 'Kevin' (Dunn, WWE producer) Cena tore into Vince. He then turned to the hard camera and said to Punk: "If you are out there watching, it was a hell of a match last night, son. Thank you so much."
He then made the first ever allusion to TNA on a WWE show. Addressing the possibility of McMahon firing him, Cena said: "I love the WWE and I truly believe I belong here. And man, I hate saying this, but if you're about to tell me that I'm not welcome here, if you're about to tell me that I have no other option. ....I love this. This is what I do.
"But if you make me walk tonight, then I will walk on someone else's television show and keep doing this, brother!"
As Vince was about to fire Cena, Triple H emerged in a suit, and delivered his speech to Vince. It was a little corny at times - Hunter saying "I love you, Pop" made the crowd groan - but Vince did a great job of crying in the moment, and this is a most intriguing storyline twist.
This was obviously a scripted angle, but rumours are gathering that Vince may well take a step back in the near future.
Former WWE star Sean 'X-Pac' Waltman tweeted on Sunday night, referring to Triple H, saying: "The text he sent me today makes much more sense now. That was the real deal, that last five or however many minutes".
He later said: "To clarify my tweet last night. Raw last night was on a symbolic level."
Jason Powell of ProWrestling.net reported that he spoke to Waltman, who told him the comments were "more a case of the Hunter and Vince segment playing on the real life situation of Triple H shadowing Vince for the last year and being groomed to take over the position someday."
For now, the change is on the TV show. The hope is that WWE continues to provide the quality of the last months or so, with focus on wrestlers and titles, and not simply yet another wrestling power struggle.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/wrestling/3705442/Vince-McMahon-fired-as-Triple-H-takes-over.html#ixzz1SkNOKAGg

I assume the anonymous GM angle is dead then

Cripps_orig
23-07-2011, 03:37 PM
It seems that the de facto holder of the WWE Championship and former WWE Superstar CM Punk is not done poking a stick at his previous place of business

Thursday morning, during Mattel's WWE panel at San Diego Comic-Con 2011, the ex-WWE Superstar reemerged with the WWE Title still in his possession, strolling into a conference room where Triple H, Hall of Famer Bret “Hit Man” Hart and Rey Mysterio were answering questions.

Punk promptly began to ridicule Triple H – the very Superstar and WWE executive who recently relieved Mr. McMahon of his leadership duties as WWE Chairman on Monday Night Raw.

Punk's mocking led to an intense verbal confrontation between Punk and Triple H. When Punk asked the subject of his scorn, “how’s life in Fantasy Land?” Triple H responded, “how’s the unemployment line?”

Addressing Rey Mysterio about WWE’s match this Monday night on Raw to crowd a new WWE Champion, Punk invited The Master of the 619 to Chicago anytime that he wants a title opportunity.

Triple H tried to maintain his professional decorum. After pointing out that “a champion performs,” he informed Punk that “it is a new regime” in WWE, inviting Punk to “give [him] a call and maybe [they] could work something out.”

In the end, the self-exiled Punk left as swiftly as he emerged, brandishing the WWE Championship as he went.

The new head of WWE continued to address the situation after the disruption was over, commenting that he was astounded that the WWE Universe continued to cheer for Punk while Punk was refusing to perform for them. He pointed out that that was what true WWE Champions had been doing “day in and day out” throughout the history of WWE.

This public interruption came on the heels of the monumental events of Sunday, July 17 at Money in the Bank pay-per-view. There, The Second City Saint stunned the WWE Universe by defeating John Cena, exiting through the crowd and leaving the company without its most coveted title.

Late Friday night, WWE.com was granted permission by WWE executives to show footage of Punk's interruption, caught by WWE cameras during the Comic-Con Q & A.

http://www.wwe.com/shows/raw/punk-invaded-comic-con

Punk :bow:

Olivier's xmas twist
24-07-2011, 03:26 PM
Sucks what they are doing to Kane, hopefully he comes back evil like Kane of the old when he returns

Marc Overmars
24-07-2011, 04:03 PM
I see they're doing the old Mark Henry the beast who kicks the fuck out of everyone angle again.

Yet he's never title material.

McNamara That Ghost...
24-07-2011, 04:05 PM
I think he might get there this time. Christian will be screwed again at some point I am sure.

Darth Vela
24-07-2011, 04:57 PM
Sucks what they are doing to Kane, hopefully he comes back evil like Kane of the old when he returns

Yeah, Kane's put up with a lot of shit from their creatives as well, I wasn't watching at the time but I hear the Katie Vick storyline wasn't so good and all that baby-killing with Snitsky and Lita was ridiculous, not to mention his previous incarnation as a wrestling dentist. I hope he gets another good run too although he's had his time with the title repaying him for loyalty so I'm not holding my breath.

Marc Overmars
24-07-2011, 05:31 PM
I remember when Kane went on SSN once.

Pretty much killed the fearsome character he once was. Now he's a chump.

Cripps_orig
24-07-2011, 09:39 PM
What happened?Don't watch Smackdown but read Kane is out for 3 months with an injury. Legitimate or something else happen and he's been taken off shows

Darth Vela
24-07-2011, 09:56 PM
No mention of any suspension and given that Mark Henry also 'injured' Big Show after a beat down I (or at least the snippet I read online) would guess it's probably just another angle or he's taking time off.

McNamara That Ghost...
26-07-2011, 08:54 AM
RAW. :bow:

Another mark out moment right at the end. And not just because Living Colour managed to get a play. :wacko:

Cripps_orig
26-07-2011, 03:20 PM
Not sure about this Raw.

Started off great. The first match was really good.

The HHH segment was for more comedic value than anything else which took away the seriousness of last weeks "takeover"

As for the last match, predictable. Good theme music at the end though

McNamara That Ghost...
26-07-2011, 03:24 PM
I'm not sure if it's particularly believable that HHH would be moping about following last week. It doesn't fit his character whatsoever, maybe on the odd occasion but not for a prolonged amount of time.

Cripps_orig
26-07-2011, 03:33 PM
I wouldnt expect moping around but should have kept it serious and on wrestling matters.

Cole, JR etc, its a bit dull now.

Good to see Morrison back. Hoping he is pushed to main event level soon.

Marc Overmars
26-07-2011, 04:13 PM
Cole's entrance.

Cripps_orig
26-07-2011, 04:18 PM
Ive "liked" WWE on Facebook so they put up all the latest news etc and the cunts put up the Raw results when i checked my messages on FB this morning and i caught a glimpse of CM Punk returning so i was pissed they spoiled it for me.

They have since been deleted

McNamara That Ghost...
26-07-2011, 05:17 PM
I wouldnt expect moping around but should have kept it serious and on wrestling matters.

Cole, JR etc, its a bit dull now.

Good to see Morrison back. Hoping he is pushed to main event level soon.

No matter what commentary set-up they have it's not going to be any good until they have Lawler as a heel again. I can't work out if Michael Cole has genuine heel heat or just X-pac heat. :lol: Michael Cole should not be on both the main shows though.

And also, in fairness, all that has happened with CM Punk and such has not been wrestling matters (not an intentional TNA reference), it has been kayfabe political and business driven. And I love it.

Olivier's xmas twist
27-07-2011, 08:16 AM
No matter what commentary set-up they have it's not going to be any good until they have Lawler as a heel again. I can't work out if Michael Cole has genuine heel heat or just X-pac heat. :lol: Michael Cole should not be on both the main shows though.And also, in fairness, all that has happened with CM Punk and such has not been wrestling matters (not an intentional TNA reference), it has been kayfabe political and business driven. And I love it.

You'd have to say Cole is probs the best comentator atm tbh, so he kinds of warrents a place on both shows, but i agree she should go to smackdown he works better on there tbh and then turn King back to heel with JR still good als always.

Not sure why they gave Cena back the belt, why could it not have gone to someone else, hopefully Punk is back for longer and takes it off him.

so is punk staying around then?

Olivier's xmas twist
27-07-2011, 09:24 PM
Took a look at TNA yesterday, have to say the writing for that has got much much better even the crowd atmosphere is better.

Cripps_orig
03-08-2011, 01:06 PM
Watched Raw. Back to normal. Predictable

Ernesto
03-08-2011, 03:45 PM
Took a look at TNA yesterday, have to say the writing for that has got much much better even the crowd atmosphere is better.

It used to be a lot, lot better before January 2010. Trust me. It's barely watchable now.

McNamara That Ghost...
09-08-2011, 01:29 PM
Hogan interview on 5live now. :lol:

Cripps_orig
09-08-2011, 05:06 PM
GAIL KIM has quit the WWE, making her announcement on the day when the company released Melina, David Hart Smith, Chris Masters and Vladimir Koslov.

Gail is widely regarded as one of the best female wrestlers in the world and put on a series of show stealing matches against Awesome Kong, now known in WWE as Kharma, while both were in TNA.

She jumped to WWE after her TNA contract expired in 2008. It was widely reported at the time that she preferred the working environment of TNA, but was able to make a significantly larger amount of money in WWE.

Gail tweeted on Friday: "Hey I just wanted every1 to know that I officially quit WWE on Monday. So thank u WWE fans! This won't be the last u see of me. Love u guys :)"

She later added: "Every1 sounds upset or sad or concerned. Trust me it's the best thing ever. Now my life can begin. All the negativity is gone and control over my life. No one can hold me down but me now."

Gail's fellow Diva Melina Perez has also left the company. She debuted in WWE in April 2005, as the valet to the team of MNM. She is a five-time woman's champion.

Ukrainian Vladimir Koslov — real name Oleg Prudius — is perhaps the most surprising release.

He has been involved in a tandem with Santino Marella for over a year, winning the Tag Team Championships on one occasion. He was replaced in the team by Zack Ryder on this week's Raw.

Chris Masters (Chris Mordetzky) was rehired by WWE in July 2009, having previously been sacjed in November 2007 after two wellness policy failures. He has been sparingly used since his return.

He issued a statement on his release, saying: "Obviously, I'm surprised by the move. But I'm optimistic. I'm going to move forward and see what lies ahead.

"I still love this business and I'm not going to give up because of this small set back. I want to explore and see what options I have for the future."

Harry Smith, son of The British Bulldog and given the moniker David Hart Smith, was thought of as a major potential talent when first brought in to WWE.

The 25-year-old has not fulfilled this, though, although he was a two Tag Champion, along with partner Tyson Kidd, as part of the Hart Dynasty.

All concerned will be subject to WWE's standard 90-day no-compete clause, which means they cannot work for any rival wrestling company which broadcasts competing television, without prior consent from WWE.

It is hardly a coincidence that the round of cuts follows a quarterly conference call in which Vince McMahon described business as "flat", and a severe drop in WWE's stock price.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/wrestling/3737591/Gail-Kim-quits-WWE.html

CM Punk mentioned these on Raw

McNamara That Ghost...
09-08-2011, 06:00 PM
Punk is awesome. He got HHH and Cena to break kayfabe when they were supposed to be breaking kayfabe, by making them laugh. :lol:

Olivier's xmas twist
11-08-2011, 10:18 PM
Punk is awesome. He got HHH and Cena to break kayfabe when they were supposed to be breaking kayfabe, by making them laugh. :lol:

lol just seen.

This match and the orton match only 2 good matches at Summmer slam the rest will suck.

McNamara That Ghost...
12-08-2011, 08:03 AM
I think Sheamus vs Mark Henry might be fun, if it is under 10 minutes.

Rors
13-08-2011, 10:36 AM
Punk is the fucking man. His work in the last few months alone has put him into legendary status. If ever anyone could be called - ahem - 'Total Package', it's Brooksy.

Rors
14-08-2011, 08:44 AM
Summerslam tonight then :popcorn:

Rors
14-08-2011, 08:48 AM
A good way to warm up to it is Jack Bramma of 411mania's Top 34 (?!) SS matches. Excellently written - as much as I disagree with some of the choices/match ratings:

http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/video_reviews/195710/Ring-Crew-Reviews:-WWE-Summerslam:-My-Top-34-Matches:-34-23.htm

Rors
14-08-2011, 09:16 AM
Bret with an inverted atomic drop. Vince: “REVERSE PILEDRIVER, OH YES!” Davey tries coming back with another crucifix but Bret drops down on it with WHATMANUEVERBYTHEHITMAN for 2.

Vinny :bow:

McNamara That Ghost...
14-08-2011, 10:36 AM
Summerslam tonight then :popcorn:

I'll be staying up for it, although not exactly many matches to stay awake for. :unsure:

Rors
15-08-2011, 05:53 PM
Nash? Nash?!! So that's why they brought him in during the Rumble then..? Certainly interested to see where this goes - finding out he's in cahoots with HHH maybe? I'm no fan of either Del Rio nor hotshotting the belts, but we'll never get 4year title reigns again so at least it keeps things fresh. Event itself sounds like it was saved by the main events - a concerning trend for non-WM 'Big Four' cards

Rors
15-08-2011, 08:30 PM
http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/news/197972/Shawn-Michaels-Tour-of-the-UK-Canceled.htm

Shame :( I was really looking forward to those "Who is (sic) your toughest opponent?" questions on every media outlet he was to appear on.

McNamara That Ghost...
15-08-2011, 09:23 PM
Nash? Nash?!! So that's why they brought him in during the Rumble then..? Certainly interested to see where this goes - finding out he's in cahoots with HHH maybe? I'm no fan of either Del Rio nor hotshotting the belts, but we'll never get 4year title reigns again so at least it keeps things fresh. Event itself sounds like it was saved by the main events - a concerning trend for non-WM 'Big Four' cards

The 411 goons glossed over the fact Punk actually made the 'Clique' hand signal to HHH during the match.

Rors
15-08-2011, 09:24 PM
The 411 goons glossed over the fact Punk actually made the 'Clique' hand signal to HHH during the match.

Thanks to said goons I was unaware of that..

:popcorn: "Hey yo!" ?

Rors
15-08-2011, 09:31 PM
I support Cena trying to up his in-ring game (it's taken him long enough), but seriously mate..that drop-kick. Just forget it yeah? :lol:

McNamara That Ghost...
15-08-2011, 09:34 PM
Thanks to said goons I was unaware of that..

:popcorn: "Hey yo!" ?

Can't be too far away! And as for Cena, well the dropkick impressed the commentators. :lol: Compensating a bit too much I fear.

Rors
15-08-2011, 11:14 PM
http://www.wwe.com/inside/mike-chioda-suspended

:blink: All that 'checking for foreign objects' is enough to make any man turn to the heavy stuff, right?

Cripps_orig
16-08-2011, 03:25 AM
Read The Suns report. Seemed like a good show. Randy v Christian being the best match and Cena v Punk also pretty good. Glad Alberto Del Rrrrrrrio won. He's awesome. Bryan v Barrett was also a stand out match apparently.

Cripps_orig
16-08-2011, 04:52 PM
Watching Raw atm

CM Punks little sister :bow:

McNamara That Ghost...
16-08-2011, 05:13 PM
"OMG Kevin Nash WTF thought he was dead LOL".

Rors
16-08-2011, 05:20 PM
Almost certainly a shoot :lol:

McNamara That Ghost...
16-08-2011, 05:28 PM
Usually are when Nash is involved. :ninja:

Cripps_orig
16-08-2011, 05:33 PM
Watched it all now.

Punk will be in the Nash/HHH storyline and surprise surprise Cena is in the title picture with Del Rio

Rors
16-08-2011, 05:43 PM
Usually are when Nash is involved. :ninja:

I was about to say it's the first time the phrase "guaranteed money" got a mention on television, but then I remembered this is Nash we're talking about. The man who talked about 'booking his own retirement' on commentary once. :lol:

"A short order cook from a pikeville waffle house" - He's still got it :bow:

Shame MasterBlaster Steel didn't get a namecheck, but Oz did:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fy7S--YuPOY

Good god :haha:

Rors
16-08-2011, 05:45 PM
Watched it all now.

Punk will be in the Nash/HHH storyline and surprise surprise Cena is in the title picture with Del Rio

As WrestlingObserver.com had it, we've come all this way just for "Cena vs Generic Heel for the belt part 82,347"...

McNamara That Ghost...
16-08-2011, 05:46 PM
Watched it all now.

Well I suppose but I think Punk will be there too but will somehow be screwed out of it. Plus CM Punk will be involved in the better angle! They're doing a triple threat dark match/house show between those three in October, that usually means they're practicising matches together.

McNamara That Ghost...
16-08-2011, 05:48 PM
I was about to say it's the first time the phrase "guaranteed money" got a mention on television, but then I remembered this is Nash we're talking about. The man who talked about 'booking his own retirement' on commentary once. :lol:

"A short order cook from a pikeville waffle house" - He's still got it :bow:

Shame MasterBlaster Steel didn't get a namecheck, but Oz did:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fy7S--YuPOY

Good god :haha:

Wrestlecrap hall of fame. :bow:

Rors
16-08-2011, 05:52 PM
Well I suppose but I think Punk will be there too but will somehow be screwed out of it. Plus CM Punk will be involved in the better angle! They're doing a triple threat dark match/house show between those three in October, that usually means they're practicising matches together.

True. A combination of them will be the main run to take us certainly up to around Survivor Series when Cena is due another run-in with The Rock. As much as I am not a fan, they need to keep the belt on Del Rio for a while though, otherwise the risk is run of doing the WCW 1999/2000-devalue thing.

McNamara That Ghost...
16-08-2011, 06:02 PM
I had forgotten about The Rock. :lol:

Rors
16-08-2011, 10:42 PM
http://www.wrestlingnewsworld.com/other-news/dates-for-mick-foley-s-stand-up-uk-comedy-tour-2011.php

!!!!!

McNamara That Ghost...
16-08-2011, 10:48 PM
:blink:

I know he is a humourous guy but that's a bit brave...

Rors
16-08-2011, 11:05 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjolP84l3Lk

Hmm... not without some entertaining moments - and as self-deprecating as you'd expect, which is always good - but I don't see him being introduced by McIntyre on ..At The Apollo any time soon. Perhaps understandably seems very 'inside'... If he was coming to Birm. though, I'd certainly think about it at the right price..

McNamara That Ghost...
17-08-2011, 08:57 AM
He should be fine if it is mainly a wrestling audience and I guess he isn't that well known that it would have a casual audience!

McNamara That Ghost...
23-08-2011, 08:51 AM
Cena threw his shirt in to the crowd, the crowd threw it back. :haha:

Canadians. :bow:

Cripps_orig
23-08-2011, 01:06 PM
Might get the OMG dvd

Cripps_orig
23-08-2011, 01:11 PM
Miz and R Truth :bow:

McNamara That Ghost...
23-08-2011, 02:07 PM
That was a pretty good segment. The What? chants must be incredibly annoying. Stone Cold must do a facepalm that he ever started it off ten years ago. :lol:

Rors
23-08-2011, 05:07 PM
Cena threw his shirt in to the crowd, the crowd threw it back. :haha:

Canadians. :bow:

One Night Stand '06 all over again :lol:

McNamara That Ghost...
23-08-2011, 05:09 PM
He didn't get a particularly bad reception initially, that one at ONS was pretty partisan like at MitB then I guess they realised he was definitely in the title picture again. :lol:

Rors
23-08-2011, 05:44 PM
He didn't get a particularly bad reception initially, that one at ONS was pretty partisan like at MitB then I guess they realised he was definitely in the title picture again. :lol:

That event was utterly rabid. Orton being met with chants of "Go fuck Cena" within 20 seconds of entering the ring set the tone.. :lol: Heyman ending his opening promo with "This is E-C-FUCKING-W" might have helped whip them up a bit mind :lol:

McNamara That Ghost...
23-08-2011, 05:59 PM
Bless ECW. So fuelled by their hatred of the WWE. :lol:

Rors
25-08-2011, 06:25 PM
http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/news/199232/Major-Expose-Published-on-Ric-Flair.htm

Just give it up eh Nature OAP?

McNamara That Ghost...
25-08-2011, 06:57 PM
Yeah it wouldn't surprise me if he sought the attention from the dirtsheets.

Still he has that match with Sting to look forward to. And if Sting wins he gets to face Hogan.

Rors
25-08-2011, 07:49 PM
Incentive indeed..

Cripps_orig
25-08-2011, 07:51 PM
Speaking of TNA, Matt Hardy has been fired :lol:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/wrestling/

McNamara That Ghost...
25-08-2011, 07:58 PM
Matt Hardy has surpassed Jeff Hardy for being a fuck-up. Impressive work.

milla
25-08-2011, 08:26 PM
Undertaker is schedule to return this Ocotober, I wonder what will happen to The Undertaker (the character itself) when Mark Calaway decided to fully retire. The Undertaker is the only big men that can stand shoulder to shoulder with other wrestling greats (Hogan , Austin, HBK etc), will WWE replace Mark Calaway with another wrestler? :coffee:

Cripps_orig
25-08-2011, 08:28 PM
No way. When Mark Calaway retires, the Undertaker gimmik goes with him. Vince isnt stupid enough to keep it going with someone else knowing the fans will never ever support the decision.

Also, The Rock has signed on for a few shows before Wrestlemania and before Xmas as well.

Expect to see him at Survivor Series

milla
25-08-2011, 08:37 PM
No way. When Mark Calaway retires, the Undertaker gimmik goes with him. Vince isnt stupid enough to keep it going with someone else knowing the fans will never ever support the decision.

Also, The Rock has signed on for a few shows before Wrestlemania and before Xmas as well.

Expect to see him at Survivor Series

Well RIP WWE then, The Undertaker is the reason I still occasionally watch wrestling. I hope they'll find someone to replace Calaway. :coffee:

Rors
25-08-2011, 08:40 PM
Undertaker is schedule to return this Ocotober, I wonder what will happen to The Undertaker (the character itself) when Mark Calaway decided to fully retire. The Undertaker is the only big men that can stand shoulder to shoulder with other wrestling greats (Hogan , Austin, HBK etc), will WWE replace Mark Calaway with another wrestler? :coffee:

It's been done.. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_Lee (Apologies for the reminder of the Summerslam '94 fiasco..)

GP
25-08-2011, 08:42 PM
Cena should be the new Undertaker.

milla
25-08-2011, 08:57 PM
It's been done.. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_Lee (Apologies for the reminder of the Summerslam '94 fiasco..)

Yeah but as an imposter not as the real deal. :coffee:

milla
25-08-2011, 08:58 PM

lol Cena is the worst breed in wrestling world IMO. Nothing original about him.

McNamara That Ghost...
25-08-2011, 09:44 PM

The Casket is here?

GP
25-08-2011, 09:46 PM
The Casket is here?

That's the dream.

Cripps_orig
31-08-2011, 05:03 PM
Just watched Raw

Triple H is going back in the ring v CM Punk at NOC

Bout fucking time too

McNamara That Ghost...
31-08-2011, 06:21 PM
Smackdown was on last night too. Good stuff there regarding those two.

They're clearly making Cena in to an obnoxious dick.

Cripps_orig
01-09-2011, 01:06 PM
FEARS grew for the wellbeing of wrestler Matt Hardy after he posted a 'joke' suicide note online — saying that he intended to kill himself.

The former WWE and TNA star wrote the chilling message on his Twitter and YouTube accounts late on Tuesday.

The note read: "Goodbye world... My time here is almost complete. I only have a few hours and minutes... I loved you all... Regardless of how you felt about me... I'll miss you all. September 23, 1974 - August 31, 2011."

After the message appeared online, horrifying fans all over the world, police were sent to carry out welfare checks at the homes of Matt, and his brother Jeff, in North Carolina.

A furious Beth Hardy, Jeff's wife, posted on Twitter that officers showed up to their house just after 11pm.

She wrote: "The f***ing joke is over Mat. Stop trying to work the Internet.

"I guess you got what you wanted. Everyone is talking about you, again. But it's not in a good way."

Close pal Shane Helms also shared his thoughts, saying: "Don't believe the hype and please don't bash me for it!

"I didn't do it, had nothing to do with it. Bottom line, I do enough dumb s*** on my own. I don't need to take heat for other people's mistakes!"

SunSport has previously reported how Matt Hardy had been arrested and then fired by TNA after being stopped by cops for drink driving.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/wrestling/3788213/Matt-Hardy-in-suicide-joke.html

:doh:

Cripps_orig
03-09-2011, 12:41 PM
TOP WWE superstar Santino Marella has escaped serious injury following a car accident last night.

The grappler suffered a separated left shoulder when his vehicle was involved in a collision with a van while he was on his way to have his hair cut.

No foul play is suspected, but Marella was left shaken by the incident. He said: "My car flipped sideways and the trunk hit a light pole, it completely crushed in.

"The airbags deployed, and all I could smell was gunpowder.

"There was broken glass everywhere and I tried to open the passenger door, but it was stuck.

"Luckily, there was still power in the car. I opened the sunroof and crawled out."

Marella has been granted time off from Monday's Raw taping to recover.

He added: "I need to heal up as fast as possible and get back in that ring.

"I want to get back there and fight."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/wrestling/3792048/Top-WWE-star-Santino-Marella-escapes-serious-injury-following-car-crash.html

Pic of the car on the link

Rors
04-09-2011, 10:07 AM
http://www.youtube.com/user/KayfabeCommentaries#p/a/u/2/M7Fh9NmARow

Looks like the Kayfabe Commentary DVDs are finally getting a UK release soon. For this particular one, I'll be there (The Bushwhackers one can wait for a while...)

"I wrote down every move Kevin Nash did, every idiosyncrasy he did in the ring, and I got to six and that was with the hair-flip" :lol: :bow:

Cripps_orig
06-09-2011, 02:57 PM
Watched Raw

R Truth and Miz :bow:

Cripps_orig
07-09-2011, 07:06 PM
HE'S a man who has broken wrestling box office records, earned millions of pounds and is rightly ranked as one of the greatest grapplers of all time.

But Stone Cold Steve Austin has told how the most fun he had in his career was when no one knew his name and he was too poor to eat.

Speaking in the upcoming issue of Fighting Spirit Magazine, Austin said: "When I started out in Memphis I was I was living out of a real s***ty hotel.

"The people let me pay my rent when I had the money, and certainly there were several times when I didn't have food or whatever.

"When I look back on those days in Dallas, or when I moved down to Tennessee, those days were some of the most fun I ever had in my entire life.

"I didn't have a pot to p*** in but I was riding up and down the road, I was a professional wrestler and I was learning my trade.

"I had guys surrounding me on the card who had more than 10 years in the business — you could ask anybody a question, and get a damn good answer.

"I absolutely loved it, and I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world."

Stone Cold also paid tribute to CM Punk, whose recent promos have set the WWE alight, while admitting his own time working for Vince McMahon had its problems.

Despite living very different lifestyles — Austin is a famous drinker, while Punk is notoriously straight edge — the pair both made their names as outsiders and anti-heroes fighting against the corporate machine.

Austin said: "I just think the guy had a gutful of the WWE. He was working with top guys, but he wasn't being treated like a top guy.

"It was time for him to get a new contract, and luckily they were able to come to terms, and CM is happy, Vince McMahon is happy, and the company is happy.

"He had his back up against the wall. I just think he had an axe to grind, and it was for a reason.

"I felt his frustrations; I've been there in similar shoes, and there's a close parallel there."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/wrestling/3800389/Stone-Cold-Steve-Austin-The-early-years.html

Cripps_orig
07-09-2011, 07:23 PM
Looks like Kevin Nashs firing was legitimate

That lasted long :lol:

McNamara That Ghost...
07-09-2011, 07:45 PM
There's no doubt they have been using media a lot more to further storylines so I wouldn't say so for definite just yet!

Rors
07-09-2011, 09:48 PM
From his own Twitter:

"To set the record straight, I passed physical w/ flying colors. Cardiologist was amazed at my lipid profile. Couldn't reach financial terms. I will not be addressing this matter again. I am moving forward with my life. Cena, it was great having the chance to get to know you."

Had to spoil it right there at the end didn't he?...
Still not absolutely convinced this is a shoot yet though, the "I will not be addressing this matter again" thing seems a bit too convenient (unless he has been given a gagging order)

GP
07-09-2011, 09:49 PM
Cena :bow:

Rors
07-09-2011, 09:53 PM
Cena :bow:

His world...

PWTorch seems convinced it's "all part of the show" http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/WWE_News_3/article_53034.shtml What is with that illustration by the way?Since when has Nash been a snakebite-quaffing gumby? :lol:

McNamara That Ghost...
07-09-2011, 10:07 PM
Yeah the fact Nash's last 'scene' was driving away with Laurinaitis (someone who has not been 'fired') is probably a fairly huge smoking gun.

Rors
07-09-2011, 10:35 PM
Yeah the fact Nash's last 'scene' was driving away with Laurinaitis (someone who has not been 'fired') is probably a fairly huge smoking gun.

I very much hope there is more to it, as "sending a text to himself" is a plot with more holes in it than Sainsburys' own 'sports socks' after one wear (speaking from experience there). Although if the plan is for him to come back as Oz("how dare you?HOW DARE YOUUU?" ), then I hope his leaving IS a shoot :lol:

McNamara That Ghost...
07-09-2011, 10:52 PM
If nothing happens at Night of Champions (suddenly CM Punk vs HHH is No DQ :lol:) then guess you can probably say it is legit! I was hoping for a full on-screen Kliq reunion. That is, if they can tear the alcohol away from Scott Hall's grip.

Rors
08-09-2011, 08:25 PM
http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/news/200939 If this doesn't sort him out for good, nothing will.

Cripps_orig
08-09-2011, 08:27 PM
He'll be dead within the year

All the talent in the world but fucked in the head