PDA

View Full Version : Wigan Athletic v Arsenal - FA Cup Semi-Final - Saturday 12 April (17:07/ITV)

Pages : [1] 2 3

Master Splinter
06-04-2014, 03:06 PM
http://www.arsenal.com/assets/images/crests/wiganathletic.png?2012-13 V http://www.arsenal.com/assets/images/crests/arsenal.png?2012-13

Going into this on a shocking run of form. Negative momentum. A loss is unthinkable really.

If Wenger goes with the same lethargic, rigid, uninspiring team again, a loss is quite likely because there's just nothing there. No chemistry, no ideas, no confidence, no pace, no runners, nothing. Ramsey might be injured and Sanogo might be the poor tramp's Adebayor, but they will offer much of what has been missing. Depending on their recovery, Koscielny, Gibbs and maybe even Gnabry are musts too.

Hopefully:

Fabianski

Sagna
Mertesacker
Koscielny
Gibbs

Kallstrom
Ramsey
Rosicky

Gnabry
Sanogo
Oxlade

Likely:

Fabianski

Sagna
Mertesacker
Vermaelen
Monreal

Arteta
Flamini
Rosicky

Podolski
Giroud
Cazorla

:sick:

WUMger's final and greatest WUM?

A positive team and we win 3-1. The inevitable negative team and we lose 2-1 in extra time after Cazorla loses it high up the pitch and Al-Habsi just strolls through our defence and midfield and calmly slots through Monreal and Vermaelen's legs, which are open in unison.

Marc Overmars
06-04-2014, 03:12 PM
Wigan will be fearless and vibrant.

We won't be.

We'll win it, just about. 1-0.

McNamara That Ghost...
06-04-2014, 03:53 PM
Oh deary me. :(

Flamini is suspended so we can't see the Arteta/Flamini creative hub.

selassie
06-04-2014, 04:19 PM
Honestly wouldn't be surprised if we lost this game.

Niall_Quinn
06-04-2014, 04:23 PM
Oh deary me. :(

Flamini is suspended so we can't see the Arteta/Flamini creative hub.

Flamini out means we'll have no threat up front.

GP
06-04-2014, 04:35 PM
0-4

IBK
06-04-2014, 05:52 PM
Not sure that we should be considered the favourites for this. That is where I think our season has gone.

Özil's Panoramic View
06-04-2014, 06:02 PM
Not sure that we should be considered the favourites for this. That is where I think our season has gone.

As a great poster once said.....well, actually, he said so many a times, We have Wenger, so ....... favourites.....

Wigan will licking their lips at the prospect of upending us no doubt.

Think we'll pub a win, though. We have to.

Bumble
06-04-2014, 07:06 PM
we are massive favourites really in this game. Wigan might have knocked out City at there place but ....... oh wait a minute. we will have all the possession and wigan will just sit back and defend and try to nick one on the break like they did against city. we score first and it will be comfortable, they score first and the team could implode. we desperately miss Walcott.

Injury Time
06-04-2014, 07:29 PM
I'm going, still having flashbacks to Highbury v Wigan...that goal....out of the cup :arry:

IBK
06-04-2014, 07:56 PM
we are massive favourites really in this game. Wigan might have knocked out City at there place but ....... oh wait a minute. we will have all the possession and wigan will just sit back and defend and try to nick one on the break like they did against city. we score first and it will be comfortable, they score first and the team could implode. we desperately miss Walcott.

I'm not sure, and I think the bookies will reflect that tomorrow.

fakeyank
07-04-2014, 06:03 AM
4-1 loss

AFC Leveller
07-04-2014, 08:20 AM
Wigan are the sort of team we struggle against these days. Organised, commited, tactically switched on and have some good forward players.

We dont have any match winners, we dont have any real threat, no confidence and no plan from the manager so i dont expect us to stroll this. If Wigan beat us it will be because they wanted it more and wil deserve it.

Giroud is the worst strker wenger has signed IMO, he really is poor and cannot be first choice anymore. How can the manager ply him for 2 fucking seasons in a row even though it was evident from day one that he was limited.

selassie
07-04-2014, 09:05 AM
Wigan are the sort of team we struggle against these days. Organised, commited, tactically switched on and have some good forward players.

We dont have any match winners, we dont have any real threat, no confidence and no plan from the manager so i dont expect us to stroll this. If Wigan beat us it will be because they wanted it more and wil deserve it.

Giroud is the worst strker wenger has signed IMO, he really is poor and cannot be first choice anymore. How can the manager ply him for 2 fucking seasons in a row even though it was evident from day one that he was limited.

Yep, totally agree.

It's going to be a real slog against Wigan, wouldn't be surprised if it goes to penalties.

About Giroud, what makes it worse is he doesn't even have any proper competition, it's actually comical.

Injury Time
07-04-2014, 03:30 PM
Lalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalacanthearyouimshitt ingabrick just remembered last Arsenal match I went to at Wembley was when we were using it for chumps league matches...hmmm

Niall_Quinn
07-04-2014, 03:45 PM
4-1 loss

You wish.

Munchies
08-04-2014, 12:07 AM
I'd go with your team too MS, some pace upfront and legs in the midfield.

Really hope Arteta doesn't play

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
08-04-2014, 12:36 AM
How quickly we've forgotten Jeffers! :d

It's quite incredible that it wasn't too long ago half our fans were kidding themselves we could easily do without Walcott too. Interestingly I've almost forgotten what Gnabry looks like from a time when folk were saying he should play every week! Anyway no wild cards like Sanogo for me..... I don't think Giroud is the second coming, but he is easily the best we have. Sanogo can run around and make a nuisance of himself....but I could do that too and my left footed attempts would be better than Sanogo's that was heading for the corner flag the other day!

--------------Szczesny--------------

Sagna-----Merkyl------KOS-----Gibbs

--------Arteta-----Ramsey-----------

Oxlade--------Rosicky---------Cazorla

-----------Olivier Giroud--------------

Bumble
08-04-2014, 06:30 AM
i think giroud is in the team more for his defending at corners than for his striking ability... as we don't concede many goals from corners nowadays. maybe he should be 4th choice CB.

gnabry is injured I think at the moment and we don't really have much choice around the team for Saturday. Not sure if Ramsey will start though as Wenger might still want to ease him into the game and if Ramsey is the difference between beating Wigan and not then that is a very sad state of affairs. We have a good record after each spanking, so we will win and everything will be forgotten and Wenger will sign a new contract as we sneak 4th place.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
08-04-2014, 09:17 AM
Going to this.

2-1 Wigan

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
08-04-2014, 04:33 PM
We would probably be encouraged to be more active this summer if we finished 5th ironically.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
08-04-2014, 04:35 PM
Considering how slow we've been starting games for some time now....I'd have no objections to starting Ramsey and taking him off after an hour if we had to. Can't be doing with this play our football from the 75th minute till the end.

fakeyank
08-04-2014, 06:44 PM
We would probably be encouraged to be more active this summer if we finished 5th ironically.

Our overhaul of the backroom staff (manager, doctors) is more pressing than the players in the summer. Ronaldo and Messi would find it tough with the tactics of wenger.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
08-04-2014, 07:31 PM
That's never going to happen though....

and as I keep saying....no top manager would want to go into a season with this squad.

Bumble
08-04-2014, 08:36 PM
Our overhaul of the backroom staff (manager, doctors) is more pressing than the players in the summer. Ronaldo and Messi would find it tough with the tactics of wenger.

I don't know about that..... if Ronaldo and messi played for arsenal I would rather fancy our chances to win the league although that wont be because of wengers tactics. similar to when we last won the league it was superstar players not tactics.

BlindFaith_8
08-04-2014, 10:23 PM
I would like to see Arteta and Giroud dropped, I would bring in Sananogo and Kallstrom. I would also pick Fabianski ahead of Czesnny who I lost a lot of respect after his selfie at WHL. I mean that was low class and not something I would have expected an Arsenal player to have done, we have more class or it seems I thought we did. Czesny really believes he's the real deal but he is far from being a great keeper. we have stop this childish celebration behaviour like when we dance around to celebrate finishing 4th or beating Spurs etc, its really emabrssing and not the menatality of Arsenal FC.

selassie
09-04-2014, 07:14 AM
Got a really bad feeling about this game, I hope I am worrying for nothing.........

Marc Overmars
09-04-2014, 07:28 AM
It shows how much Arsenal have melted our minds that we can't even be sure of beating a Championship side.

pmakgreb
09-04-2014, 08:00 AM
what a pessimistic bunch, we are playign Wigan, a team who just got beat by Millwall at home. If we cant beat Wigan we may as well just rap it all up and go home. Yes we are off form but Wigan are no Cheslea or Everton. They have jorneymen and average players and if we apply ourselves 100% then we will win this easily. Could be 3 or 4 - 0

2-1 Wigan.

BlindFaith_8
09-04-2014, 09:05 AM
what a pessimistic bunch, we are playign Wigan, a team who just got beat by Millwall at home. If we cant beat Wigan we may as well just rap it all up and go home. Yes we are off form but Wigan are no Cheslea or Everton. They have jorneymen and average players and if we apply ourselves 100% then we will win this easily. Could be 3 or 4 - 0

2-1 Wigan.

I wouldnt be that confident mate. Wigan have no pressure and will play with freedom and all the pressure will be on Arsenal as we are expected to win this no problem. But what worries me is whenever we go in to a game with pressure we always seem to crumble. This game is hard to call and could go either way depending on our performance on the day really.

fakeyank
09-04-2014, 02:53 PM
Wigan were fantastic against City. If they play at that level, this could be a massacre! The players lack any confidence or direction in their play and it would be criminal to look at the manager to fix it. Unless some Godly events take place, we are not going to win this.

Niall_Quinn
09-04-2014, 03:34 PM
We just better fucking win it, that's all.

AFC Leveller
10-04-2014, 07:39 AM
Dont worry folks, Arsene has been studying Wigan's game for the last 3 weeks and has been to their last 3 games to make sure we're well prepared for them. He's also drilled the players tactically and made sure everyone knew what their ob was and who they should mark.

Trust me.

Niall_Quinn
10-04-2014, 10:45 AM
Dont worry folks, Arsene has been studying Wigan's game for the last 3 weeks and has been to their last 3 games to make sure we're well prepared for them. He's also drilled the players tactically and made sure everyone knew what their ob was and who they should mark.

Trust me.

Plan B should be subs after 67 mins rather than 68.

Munchies
10-04-2014, 12:09 PM
11 players possibly out for #afc on Sat. Gibbs, Ox, Rosicky, Koscielny, Ozil, Wilshere, Walcott, Gnabry, Diaby, Bendtner, Flamini (banned).

Chamberlain (groin), Gibbs (ankle), Rosicky (thigh). There will be last-minute decisions on those three players. They are all 50:50.

Ozil and Koscielny are still out. I think the earliest to come back for Koscielny could be Tuesday and for Ozil it could be next Saturday.

on Fabianski…
Fabianski will play in goal. It's not a difficult decision because it's a decision that has been made for a long time.

on whether Fabianski would play in the final…
Let's play on Saturday. You play football on your merit and your performance and he has turned up with top-level performances until now in every single game. He has done extremely well. He has been man of the match in the three games he has played.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/20140410/team-news-who-s-fit-to-face-wigan-

AFC Leveller
10-04-2014, 12:23 PM
11 players possibly out for #afc on Sat. Gibbs, Ox, Rosicky, Koscielny, Ozil, Wilshere, Walcott, Gnabry, Diaby, Bendtner, Flamini (banned).

They've all been using that hair growth product it seems.

Munchies
10-04-2014, 12:41 PM
They've all been using that hair growth product it seems.

:lol:

Out of those, Ox/Rosicky/Gibbs will have late fitness tests.

--
Team :

Fabianski (Really hope he has a good game and plays in the final)

Sagna
Mertesacker
Vermaelen
Monreal if Gibbs is out (he's awful though, hope he leaves in the summer)

Arteta (I'd put Kallstrom, but Wenger :shrug: )
Ramsey

Podolski
Santi
Ox (if he's fit, don't know who else we can play here)

Sanogoogo

selassie
10-04-2014, 12:55 PM
I think Wenger will risk all 3 doubts...he has to.

If we lose on Saturday Wenger's position will become untenable.

Niall_Quinn
10-04-2014, 01:52 PM
Are they practising with live ammunition on the training ground now?

BlindFaith_8
10-04-2014, 04:17 PM
I hope the boys are up for this and not turn up like they did against Liverpool, Chelsea and Everton. We have to win the FA Cup as 4th place is all ours with Everton having some tough fixtures, and I dont think they can perform in such intensity as they did against us.

Niall_Quinn
10-04-2014, 05:25 PM
I hope the boys are up for this and not turn up like they did against Liverpool, Chelsea and Everton. We have to win the FA Cup as 4th place is all ours with Everton having some tough fixtures, and I dont think they can perform in such intensity as they did against us.

Keep telling you, it was the camera angle that made Kallstrom look like a giant. He's not really that big. He's the same size as all the other little boys. Hope they don't have mattresses strapped to their backs for this one. Need to be awake, have a crap, washed, teeth brushed, dressed, read the paper and breakfasted. Need to get that all out of the way before kick off.

Munchies
10-04-2014, 05:44 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Du5EhAnjsX0&feature=youtu.be

Talks the cup, Wenger, Ozil, signings.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
10-04-2014, 06:01 PM
apparently Wenger has said we need to go back to basics when it comes to defending, all very well but i still don't think defending is the issue, i think getting a lead to defend is the issue and we have scored five goals in the last six games.

Marc Overmars
10-04-2014, 06:29 PM
apparently Wenger has said we need to go back to basics when it comes to defending, all very well but i still don't think defending is the issue, i think getting a lead to defend is the issue and we have scored five goals in the last six games.

I think that's right. We've only come from behind to win 1 game this season, which was West Ham on Boxing Day. Shows how weak our attack has been when asked to chase a game.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
10-04-2014, 07:33 PM
I think that's right. We've only come from behind to win 1 game this season, which was West Ham on Boxing Day. Shows how weak our attack has been when asked to chase a game.

And our record in games where we have taken the lead in the match at any point during the 90 minutes, 28 wins 4 draws 1 defeat....which i would say is a good indicator of being able to protect a lead.

Munchies
10-04-2014, 10:31 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ukSgyT3zfw

Letters
11-04-2014, 08:43 AM
Our attack is just weak full stop. Happily our defence (a few notable exceptions aside) has been very good this season.
Tomorrow is unlikely to be a goal-fest. We'll probably pub team a 1-0.

Munchies
11-04-2014, 12:08 PM
The thing with our attack is that it's lost everything that it had early on, players were interchanging, making runs and generally being unpredictable to defend against.

Now, the only thing defences have to worry about is Giroud, and he offers no threat to them at all.

Good thing Ramsey is back, in the short time he had against Everton, he was the only player who was going direct at them.

IBK
11-04-2014, 07:46 PM
The thing with our attack is that it's lost everything that it had early on, players were interchanging, making runs and generally being unpredictable to defend against.

Now, the only thing defences have to worry about is Giroud, and he offers no threat to them at all.

Good thing Ramsey is back, in the short time he had against Everton, he was the only player who was going direct at them.

Yes - even a 75% fit Ramsey looked the pick of the bunch for his cameo at the weekend.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
11-04-2014, 11:15 PM
Pub at midday to get smashed before heading off to the stadium :pray:

Munchies
12-04-2014, 12:22 AM
COYG

adzzzbatch
12-04-2014, 09:37 AM
I'm going to this one now :scarf: 50,000 gooners at Wembley! We should make it like a home game!

Which pub you going to SWAYR?

Letters
12-04-2014, 09:42 AM
Bet you're glad you didn't sell me the ticket!

Enjoy.

Come on boys :scarf:

Injury Time
12-04-2014, 10:37 AM

2-1 Wigan.
Apply ourselves 100% :haha: :crying:

Wigan to score first, late equaliser and win on Pens due our keeper being awlsome :lilbitnailbiter:

Injury Time
12-04-2014, 10:40 AM
I'm going to this one now :scarf: 50,000 gooners at Wembley! We should make it like a home game!

Which pub you going to SWAYR?
See you there I'll be the one in red n white :scarf:

Munchies
12-04-2014, 11:34 AM
Apply ourselves 100% :haha: :crying:

Wigan to score first, late equaliser and win on Pens due our keeper being awlsome :lilbitnailbiter:

Hope its not like last time we played them back in 06

ROBERTS!!!

Arsenal are out of the carling cup

Munchies
12-04-2014, 12:15 PM
@FA

Arsenal will have almost 50k fans watching the SF v Wigan at Wembley on Sat. Their average home attendance is 60,014.

Home fixture really :lol:

GP
12-04-2014, 12:31 PM
I hope we treat it like a home fixture. Need to give these cunts a proper shoeing.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
12-04-2014, 12:43 PM
@FA

Arsenal will have almost 50k fans watching the SF v Wigan at Wembley on Sat. Their average home attendance is 60,014.

Home fixture really :lol:

And half the population of Wigan

milla
12-04-2014, 01:41 PM
Will anyone be at the Pins today? I wonder if they will show the game on tv. :coffee:

Munchies
12-04-2014, 03:03 PM
Arsenal team:
Fabianski
Sagna, Mertesacker, Vermaelen, Monreal
Arteta, Ramsey
Oxlade-Chamberlain, Cazorla, Podolski,
Sanogo

Arsenal subs: Szczesny, Jenkinson, Gibbs, Kallstrom, Akpom, Eisfeld, Giroud

Wigan Athletic team to face Arsenal: Carson, Perch, Boyce, Ramis, Crainey, McArthur, McEachran, McManaman, Beausejour, Gomez, Fortune
Wigan Athletic subs v Arsenal: Al Habsi, Barnett, Caldwell, Maloney, Espinoza, Collison, Powell

GP
12-04-2014, 03:04 PM
I'd have played Akpom instead of Sanogo tbh.

Munchies
12-04-2014, 03:06 PM
I'd have played Akpom instead of Sanogo tbh.

Me too, Sanogo makes a prescence of himself, but he's pretty shit at scoring

The Emirates Gallactico
12-04-2014, 03:06 PM
Bold decision to drop Giroud.

Just hope Vermelean and Monreal have spent enough time working on traning ground to avoid leaving massive chasms of space at the back.

McNamara That Ghost...
12-04-2014, 03:12 PM
Sanogo will lead us to the promised land.

Munchies
12-04-2014, 03:20 PM
Monreal is a real weak link for us, their winger McManaman is pretty decent

McNamara That Ghost...
12-04-2014, 03:22 PM
ITV's progamme on in a few minutes.

The Emirates Gallactico
12-04-2014, 03:26 PM
Sanogo will lead us to the promised land.

Nandos after the game.

Munchies
12-04-2014, 03:28 PM
Starting now :popcorn:

McNamara That Ghost...
12-04-2014, 03:32 PM
Arriving in suits. :bow:

McNamara That Ghost...
12-04-2014, 03:48 PM
Wigan's FA Cup song. :blink:

Munchies
12-04-2014, 03:49 PM
Did you know Dave Whelan broke his leg ? :lol:

Niall_Quinn
12-04-2014, 03:58 PM
Little bit of cup trivia - we are the first club to play a postman as a striker in a cup semi-final. There has been a butcher and a cook, a tailor and a seaman but never a postie.

McNamara That Ghost...
12-04-2014, 04:01 PM
Come on Arsenal. :pray:

fakeyank
12-04-2014, 04:01 PM
Streams?

McNamara That Ghost...
12-04-2014, 04:02 PM
Chiles wants to keep his pecker up. :sick:

McNamara That Ghost...
12-04-2014, 04:07 PM
Bit odd springing in to clapping.

Marc Overmars
12-04-2014, 04:08 PM
Nervous. :sick:

Come on you Gunners!!!

Niall_Quinn
96 fans locked out so 96 scarves can have a seat. Total bullshit. Why not give the seats for free to 96 poor kids from Liverpool or something similar. Or 96 seats with cards making up the message, Lying Sun, Lying police, Lying politicians.

Munchies
COYG

Niall_Quinn
Bit odd springing in to clapping.

Whole thing is bizarre.

Anyway, footy on now.

McNamara That Ghost...
12-04-2014, 04:09 PM
It is what it is, they are where they are.

Thanks Townsend.

Sanogo flick, Ox with too heavy a control.

Niall_Quinn
12-04-2014, 04:09 PM
Sanogo is shit.

Niall_Quinn
12-04-2014, 04:10 PM
Really shit.

McNamara That Ghost...
12-04-2014, 04:12 PM
BFG takes out McManaman. :bow:

Özim
12-04-2014, 04:12 PM
McManaman is a quality player, need to be careful of him.

McNamara That Ghost...
12-04-2014, 04:13 PM
Ox. :bow:

McNamara That Ghost...
Good effort from Sanogo, Carson saves.

Niall_Quinn
Ox's pace makes such a difference.

What a miss by sanogo. Fuck me.

Munchies
12-04-2014, 04:14 PM
Sanogo ffs

Özim
Sanogo is destined never to score for us.. kinda like Kaba Diawara.

McNamara That Ghost...
Arteta. :haha:

Japan Shaking All Over
12-04-2014, 04:15 PM
Sanogo ffs

Munchies ffs

McNamara That Ghost...
12-04-2014, 04:15 PM
Vermaelen. Good tackle in the end.

McNamara That Ghost...
12-04-2014, 04:16 PM
You can see why Ox is dead after 70 minutes.

Niall_Quinn
Monreal is playing in the space between the front man and wide man again. Might as well not be on the pitch.

Özim
Munchies ffs

JSAO ffs

Özim
Monreal is playing in the space between the front man and wide man again. Might as well not be on the pitch.

Ring up Wenger and tell him that and then report back with what he says.

I reckon it's just down to him lacking a little bit of sharpness though.

Munchies
12-04-2014, 04:17 PM
What's with all those red empty seats there ?

I know they have the LFC scarf ones, but those just look empty

Japan Shaking All Over
12-04-2014, 04:20 PM
JSAO ffs

?

Özim
12-04-2014, 04:21 PM
COME ON YOU REDS.....COME ON YOU REDS!

McNamara That Ghost...
12-04-2014, 04:23 PM
Save your career Ox!

Niall_Quinn
So much better with Ramsey in the team.

Japan Shaking All Over
COME ON YOU REDS.....COME ON YOU REDS!

:gp:

Niall_Quinn
12-04-2014, 04:26 PM
Pitiful play there.

Niall_Quinn
12-04-2014, 04:28 PM
Stylish dive.

McNamara That Ghost...
12-04-2014, 04:30 PM
Bloody hell Poldi.

Niall_Quinn
12-04-2014, 04:30 PM
Looks like we've settled into our nothing style again.

ARightTouch
12-04-2014, 04:31 PM
Looks like we've settled into our nothing style again.

yup :angry:

fakeyank
12-04-2014, 04:31 PM
You really have to train professional footballers very very hard for them to not want to go forward ever.
Our football has regressed to possibly he worst levels from what I can remember. Absolutely horrible stuff!

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

Niall_Quinn
12-04-2014, 04:33 PM
Sanogo is appalling

McNamara That Ghost...
Sanogo just needed to leave it run, the pass was perfect.

Munchies
FFS Sanogo u shit

McNamara That Ghost...
12-04-2014, 04:34 PM
Great clearance from Sagna.

Japan Shaking All Over
Ahhhh!

Munchies
Sagna looks like a ninja turtle

Niall_Quinn
Bit of a miss that from Sagna, not easy but a lot of the goal to shoot at.

Niall_Quinn
12-04-2014, 04:35 PM
Sanogo just needed to leave it run, the pass was perfect.

He can compete for the ball but can't do anything with it if he gets it.

Niall_Quinn
12-04-2014, 04:37 PM
Yawn.

Japan Shaking All Over
12-04-2014, 04:38 PM
Is Fabs trying to use his goal kicks to give Wigan a throw in?

McNamara That Ghost...
12-04-2014, 04:38 PM
BFG. :bow:

Niall_Quinn
12-04-2014, 04:39 PM
Verm beaten way too easily there.

Özim
McManaman roaster Vermaelen there.

McNamara That Ghost...
That's ridiculous refereeing but I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

Niall_Quinn
12-04-2014, 04:40 PM
O come on, foul on Ox.

Munchies
12-04-2014, 04:40 PM
Monreal is shite

Özim
12-04-2014, 04:41 PM
You can see both teams are very evenly matched.

Japan Shaking All Over
Obvious what side the Refs family fought on in the War of the Roses!

Niall_Quinn
Cazorla :doh:

city wont be ringing based on this performance

Niall_Quinn
12-04-2014, 04:42 PM
Lol foul on ramsey

Japan Shaking All Over
You can see both teams are very evenly challenged.

There you go

Özim
Cazorla :doh:

city wont be ringing based on this performance

I don't think he'll be given freedom of the city quite yet.

McNamara That Ghost...
12-04-2014, 04:43 PM
Sanogo. :haha:

Munchies
Sanogo :haha:

As MO has often said, he looks like he's won a competition to play for us

ARightTouch
Err bring back Giroud?? :run:

Niall_Quinn
12-04-2014, 04:44 PM
Pods off the pitch, probably has cramp from not moving for so long

Niall_Quinn

Has to be.

Özim
Sanogo :haha:

As MO has often said, he looks like he's won a competition to play for us

Didn't he win strictly in France? Might have been X Factor actually.

BlindFaith_8
12-04-2014, 04:45 PM
Sanogo = French version of Carlton Cole.:haha:

Japan Shaking All Over
12-04-2014, 04:45 PM
What's the point in strolling over to the free kick Fabs?

BlindFaith_8
12-04-2014, 04:46 PM

:ilt:

Penguin
Why is our passing so bad? We can't even Wengerball properly anymore.

McNamara That Ghost...
McManaman. :lol:

Should have done better there.

BFG's mind turning to mush.

Özim
Sanogo = French version of Carlton Cole.:haha:

Carlton really is a big bag of shite, was always highly rated when he was younger for some reason.

Niall_Quinn
Luckily mcmanaman is as greedy as Robben

Munchies
12-04-2014, 04:47 PM
Didn't he win strictly in France? Might have been X Factor actually.

Still better than Giroud though :coffee:

McNamara That Ghost...
Fabianski saves from Fortune.

Japan Shaking All Over
Not sure if I will be around for the pk shoot out

ARightTouch
:ilt:

:d

Niall_Quinn
Pods and Cazorla to be shot for desertion at HT?

BlindFaith_8
This is emabrssing, has thier keep been forced in to a save yet?

McNamara That Ghost...
Freekick to us, quite far out though.

Japan Shaking All Over
12-04-2014, 04:48 PM
Luckily mcmanaman is as greedy as Robben

And we all know what Robben is good at doing

Munchies
Pods gonna score this now

Özim
If not for Ox we wouldn't have gone anywhere near their 18 yard box.

McNamara That Ghost...
Poldi curls it wide.

Özim
12-04-2014, 04:49 PM
And we all know what Robben is good at doing

Is it winning CL finals?

Japan Shaking All Over
Be fair.....there aren't many players that score with their first touch

McNamara That Ghost...
Make up your mind Tyldesley.

Munchies
12-04-2014, 04:50 PM
Just put Sanogo on the wing, Pods through the middle.

Another shit display.

Niall_Quinn
Fucking useless decision by that Lino, not even close to being offside

ARightTouch
Not sure if I will be around for the pk shoot out

I would take a penalty shoot out

Can see them sneaking one

Cant see us scoring for shit

Özim
Sanogo fluffs another one.

McNamara That Ghost...
Sanogo is inventive in finding ways not to score.

Japan Shaking All Over
Is it winning CL finals?

Yes, mate. You are so clever.

Munchies
12-04-2014, 04:51 PM
Sanogogogo :haha:

Niall_Quinn
Oh come on, we can't seriously have this sanogo bloke playing for us. Must be a nightmare. Can't wake up.

Bumble
This is emabrssing, has thier keep been forced in to a save yet?

that's two saves from sanogo, one from header early on. he is bit poo though

McNamara That Ghost...
Eisfeld. :bow:

ARightTouch
12-04-2014, 04:52 PM
Its a no go

Munchies
Bring Akpom on

Bumble
Oh come on, we can't seriously have this sanogo bloke playing for us. Must be a nightmare. Can't wake up.

like people say he won a Budweiser competition to play FA Cup for us

Niall_Quinn
12-04-2014, 04:53 PM
Poor bastard. He tries, he's ever willing. But he can't play football.

Globalgunner
12-04-2014, 04:53 PM
This is shit on a Sanogo stick

McNamara That Ghost...
12-04-2014, 04:54 PM
Ox stealing Carson's drink.

Özim
12-04-2014, 04:54 PM
How any manager of a top club can go into any season with Walcott (not a natural striker and always injured), Bendtner (who wanted away), Giroud and Sanogo and not be considered incompetent is beyond me.

McNamara That Ghost...
12-04-2014, 04:55 PM
0-0 HT. I'd rather hear about Danny Welbeck's boot situation then watch that half again.

Munchies
Awful.

Penalties it is :coffee:

Niall_Quinn
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuull boring slow sad.

Power n Glory
Sanogo is getting chances and making the runs. It's an improvement over Giroud who's had very quiet games recently.

But we need to do better!

Bumble
12-04-2014, 04:56 PM
was there a bit of booing at half time didn't last long but if there was.... would be sad at a cup semi to boo..... fabianski hasn't been troubled much

GP
You know, the more I see Sanogo, the more I appreciate Giroud.

Niall_Quinn
How any manager of a top club can go into any season with Walcott (not a natural striker and always injurd), Bendtner (who wanted away), Giroud and Sanogo and not be considered incompetent is beyond me.

How about we just focus on this particular game for now and get back to the constant Wenger whining later?

ARightTouch
How any manager of a top club can go into any season with Walcott (not a natural striker and always injurd), Bendtner (who wanted away), Giroud and Sanogo and not be considered incompetent is beyond me.

This is the worst Arsenal strikeforce I have ever seen, BY A LONG WAY. it really is embarrassing

Özim
12-04-2014, 04:57 PM
The more I see Giroud and Sanogo, the more I appreciate pub league strikers.

Marc Overmars
12-04-2014, 04:58 PM
Just need a little bit more quality in the final third, otherwise more of the same.

Özim
How about we just focus on this particular game for now and get back to the constant Wenger whining later?

I am, it's been sh*t and we've got a pub team player up front who can't hit a barndoor with a banjo.

Niall_Quinn
Would it really be such a great risk to bring akpom on? He couldn't do any worse.

ARightTouch
12-04-2014, 05:00 PM
Would it really be such a great risk to bring akpom on? He couldn't do any worse.

Why does Wenger never give Gnabry a go these days either??

Bumble
12-04-2014, 05:01 PM
Why does Wenger never give Gnabry a go these days either??

Thought he was injured.

Power n Glory
12-04-2014, 05:01 PM
You will all be eating your words about Sanogo! :lol:

Munchies
12-04-2014, 05:02 PM
Cazorla gone missing again

Niall_Quinn
Don't know where they're getting idea Wigan are comfortable. Even a half decent p,Ayer up top for us and they'd be two down. They're not over stretched but they aren't comfortable. Silly pundits.

fakeyank
How any manager of a top club can go into any season with Walcott (not a natural striker and always injured), Bendtner (who wanted away), Giroud and Sanogo and not be considered incompetent is beyond me.

Only a specialist in failure can do this tbh..

Niall_Quinn
12-04-2014, 05:03 PM
You will all be eating your words about Sanogo! :lol:

If he pubs one in then great. But it's undeniable he's several levels down from PL level.

ARightTouch
12-04-2014, 05:04 PM
Thought he was injured.

Ill let Wenger off that one :lol:

Niall_Quinn

Only a specialist in failure can do this tbh..

Are you sitting there secretly hoping for a Wigan goal? You are, aren't you?

BlindFaith_8
For once Keane is talking sense.

McNamara That Ghost...
12-04-2014, 05:05 PM
Eisfeld has got this.

Me. :lol:

ARightTouch
12-04-2014, 05:07 PM
For once Keane is talking sense.

Wouldn't mind a Keano in this Arsenal team right now. He would fuck shit up

fakeyank
12-04-2014, 05:07 PM
Are you sitting there secretly hoping for a Wigan goal? You are, aren't you?

Yes, I'm doing this while reading a book on the negative effects of capitalism and how referee's influence games. Also have an article open about how stupid people are..

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
12-04-2014, 05:10 PM
Can't believe Wenger started him again. Starting to worry that he rates Giroud about as much as Park.....

Munchies
^
If we do lose, Wenger is gone.

Don't want it to happen obviously, but there you go.

McNamara That Ghost...
Let's try again: Come on Arsenal. :bow:

ARightTouch
12-04-2014, 05:11 PM
Dixon:

"Wenger lets the players create the tactics for themselves, that's the sort of manager he is."

:lol: That explains a lot of our results this season

Özim
12-04-2014, 05:11 PM
^
If we do lose, Wenger is gone.

Don't want it to happen obviously, but there you go.

It's win win then in reality.

Özim
12-04-2014, 05:12 PM
Dixon:

"Wenger lets the players create the tactics for themselves, that's the sort of manager he is."

:lol: That explains a lot of our results this season

Munchies
12-04-2014, 05:12 PM
Giroud to come on at 72 mins :coffee:

Niall_Quinn
12-04-2014, 05:13 PM

Yes, I'm doing this while reading a book on the negative effects of capitalism and how referee's influence games. Also have an article open about how stupid people are..

How can you read with Maureen's cock in your face?

Niall_Quinn
12-04-2014, 05:13 PM
Giroud to come on at 72 mins :coffee:
68 mins I think.

fakeyank
12-04-2014, 05:14 PM
How can you read with Maureen's cock in your face?

Your mom should be able to answer that too.

Niall_Quinn
12-04-2014, 05:14 PM
Cazorla can't be arsed.

Munchies
12-04-2014, 05:15 PM
I'd swap Podolski for McManaman

McNamara That Ghost...
12-04-2014, 05:15 PM
Beausejour. :haha:

Niall_Quinn
12-04-2014, 05:16 PM
Your mom should be able to answer that too.

Yanks are so imaginative.

McNamara That Ghost...
Sanogo. :lol:

It's coming.

Özim
Sanogo :lol:

Munchies
68 mins I think.

(68+72) /2 = 70 ?

Niall_Quinn
Sanogo has more pace than Giroud, but he hasn't exactly got a lot of pace.

Munchies
12-04-2014, 05:18 PM
phew , ffs u bottling cunts

Niall_Quinn
12-04-2014, 05:18 PM
I hope were lulling them into a false sense of security here.

Özim
12-04-2014, 05:19 PM
Wigan making us look like a Division 1 team :lol:

BlindFaith_8
Little Wigan from the Championship are up for this and the mighty Arsenal yet again havent turned up for a game. Sanogo you are the worst Arsenal striker since Kabba Diawara.

Özim
Sanogo seems to do almost everything wrong.

Niall_Quinn
Statistically sanogo must do something right, and soon.

Munchies
12-04-2014, 05:20 PM
50,000 arsenal fans, and you can't even hear them. Who can blame them ? :lol:

Niall_Quinn
12-04-2014, 05:21 PM
Statistically sanogo must do something right, and soon.

There you go. 5 yard pass. Complete. Thats it then.

ARightTouch
50,000 arsenal fans, and you can't even hear them. Who can blame them ? :lol:

It looks like half of them have already left

McNamara That Ghost...
Well done Arteta, twice.

Niall_Quinn
12-04-2014, 05:23 PM
Not good enough by Cazorla is it. He's better than this.

ARightTouch
12-04-2014, 05:24 PM
PEN :lol:

McNamara That Ghost...
Pelanty to Wigan. :doh:

Munchies
LOL

Niall_Quinn
Ludicrous decision.

Özim
mertesacker fouls McManaman, penalty.

BlindFaith_8
What a load of gobshite. We have bottled it again. Wenger fuck off now.

Power n Glory
12-04-2014, 05:25 PM
Well done! Absolute joke!

Niall_Quinn
Ludicrous decision.

By Merts I mean.

Özim
Poor play Mertersacker

Power n Glory
Come on Fabs!!! You can save this!

Globalgunner
Nailed on pen. We have to wake up now at least

Niall_Quinn
12-04-2014, 05:26 PM
And monreal can fuck off. He just fell on the ground and let it all unfold behind him. Terrible player.

BlindFaith_8
12-04-2014, 05:27 PM
In Arsene we trust. :ilt:

Niall_Quinn
Stretcher? He hardly touched him. Might have grabbed his balls, but don't think he has any to grab. This guy is bottling it, scarpering.

Penguin
Really Merts?? :doh:

I blame Nacho for that though. Fucking idiot losing the ball there.

McNamara That Ghost...
Monreal off, Gibbs on.

ARightTouch
12-04-2014, 05:28 PM
All our hopes are on Wigan missing a pen :lol:

McNamara That Ghost...
Wigan 1-0 Arsenal, Jordi Gomez.

Deary me.

Marc Overmars
I don't fucking believe this.

Globalgunner
Monreal....I hope that the last we see of him. From Santos to Monreal.....parallel lines of crap