PDA

View Full Version : Hung like a digger

Coney
10-06-2011, 02:49 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lincolnshire-13727908

The Dam Busters is being remade. But they changed the name of the dog - can't imagine why. ;)

PGFC
10-06-2011, 02:54 PM
Yes, lets rewrite history, great work Mr Fry.

Hump
10-06-2011, 02:55 PM
it's political correctness gone mad. But I suppose if they cast Chris Rock as Guy Gibson it would be fine - or would it have to be changed to Nigga?

Coney
10-06-2011, 02:59 PM
Yes, lets rewrite history, great work Mr Fry.

No doubt Gibson will be portrayed as a black lesbian jewish working-class paraplegic in order to ensure the current 'minorities' are not insulted by being left out.

Coney
01-07-2011, 11:44 AM
It's worse than I thought. Had a pathe news 1940s hightlights program on just now as I made a cuppa. Describing a black dress, the commentator actually said 'black as a negro sweep falling into a pile of soot in the blackout'. Jeez.

GP
01-07-2011, 11:45 AM
It's worse than I thought. Had a pathe news 1940s hightlights program on just now as I made a cuppa. Describing a black dress, the commentator actually said 'black as a negro sweep falling into a pile of soot in the blackout'. Jeez.

I wonder what President Obama would make of that.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/nol/shared/spl/hi/pop_ups/02/uk_black_representation_in_advertising/img/8.jpg

Coney
01-07-2011, 11:47 AM
Used to collect them from Robinsons's Jam jars when I was a kid. :(

Maorigooner
01-07-2011, 12:57 PM
Used to collect them from Robinsons's Jam jars when I was a kid. :(

jamist

Coney
01-07-2011, 02:08 PM
Yeah. The all-boys senior school I was at was not exactly the most PC environment and I made jamist comments like the rest of them. Glad I came to London to study and my jamism disappeared pretty well immediately and I have been anti-jamist ever since. I guess that is one of the hazzards of being brought up in a backwater like Hull where jamism was the norm.

Ironing
01-07-2011, 02:27 PM
Its politicol correctness gone maid!

I named my youngest son 'nigger dick' and i really don't see the problem

they're just words ffs

PGFC
01-07-2011, 02:39 PM
Yeah. The all-boys senior school I was at was not exactly the most PC environment and I made jamist comments like the rest of them. Glad I came to London to study and my jamism disappeared pretty well immediately and I have been anti-jamist ever since. I guess that is one of the hazzards of being brought up in a backwater like Hull where jamism was the norm.

This :good:

Though if you think jamism is bad, try growing up a marmalade.

Coney
01-07-2011, 02:52 PM
This :good:

Though if you think jamism is bad, try growing up a marmalade.

Don't remember that being an issue at our school, funny enough. Maybe it's more of a southern thing?

Hump
01-07-2011, 02:56 PM
We don't have jam in the south we have conserve. And silver spoons to serve it with.

Toronto Gooner
01-07-2011, 02:57 PM
Its politicol correctness gone maid!

I named my youngest son 'nigger dick' and i really don't see the problem

they're just words ffs
Let me guess: you are whiter than the freshly driven snow.

Yes, it is just a word. However, it is a word that invokes a society and attitude that was and is abhorrent. It was and still is (in some groups of people) used to denigrate and dehumanise a group of humans.