PDA

View Full Version : Everton V Arsenal, 23rd August, 17:30

Pages : [1] 2

fakeyank
20-08-2014, 03:47 PM
Tough away fixture in which we got battered last time. If our attack pisses around like the last 2 games, we will be massacred by them.

Bench Giroud as he is useless these days.

Chezza

Debuchy Per Kos Chambers

Ozil Flamini Ramsey

Ox Sanchez Santi

Subs: Ospina, Monreal, Giroud, Rosicky, Wilshere, Podolski

Marc Overmars
20-08-2014, 04:05 PM
We probably won't be as bad as we were in this fixture last season, but I'm sure we'll try.

Xhaka Can’t
20-08-2014, 04:16 PM
I'm hoping Ramsey sets out to prove a point in this one. If he doesn't, I don't hold out much hope of getting a point in this one. I suspect Everton will be set up to go for the throat, knowing that no matter how good we are in various parts of the pitch, we have nothing at all to offer up front.

GP
20-08-2014, 04:59 PM
We're significantly better than Everton in every aspect.

0-3

Niall_Quinn
20-08-2014, 05:18 PM
Ox must play - he's our best player at the moment.

Giroud must not play. Give him a couple of months off and then one more chance to make the grade. Alexis up front please.

Would be harsh to drop Chambers after his recent performances, a good headache for Wenger.

Ozil on the left, Ox on the right, Alexis through the centre with Ramsey behind. Replace Ozil with Campbell after 60 mins if need be. I think we'll kill them.

Giroud up top. I think we'll struggle badly. I hope Giroud does not play but I suppose he will.

Injury Time
20-08-2014, 05:18 PM
We're significantly better than Everton in every aspect.

0-3
Özil hatrick and unveiling our new DM :scarf:...oh
Ospina still injured afaik so Martinez on bench, Monreal will start BFG on bench classic WUMger.
1-1 put a fork in our season it's done, Wenger out! :angry: etc

KSE Comedy Club
21-08-2014, 09:08 AM
Would it be worth trying chambers in the DM position if merts and kos are to return...???

Arteta will probably be out so maybe it would be worth giving him a go & bring on flamini to clean up & pick up a yellow in the second half

I am invisible
21-08-2014, 11:21 AM
I'm thinking a counter-attacking 433 is the way to go for this one - field the paciest* front 3 we have available (Alexis, Ox and Campbell would be my choice), with either Ozil or Cazorla behind them picking out quick passes (or maybe even Rosicky, if we want to sacrifice a bit of the precision passing for a bit more relentless running and aggression? I actually quite like that idea). As counter-attacking generally involves sitting a bit deeper than normal, and keeping the team relatively compact, while you wait for the other side make the first move, I'm not sure I'd actually bother with a pure defensive midfielder? I'd maybe stick a couple of B2B midfielders in front of the defence, who are good at turnover play, and can turn defence into attack quickly once we've won it...

----------------Szcz----------------

Debuchy---BFG/Chambers---Kos---Monreal

-----Ramsey---Rosicky---Wilshere-----

--------Ox-----Alexis----Campbell-----

* pacey player must also be competent.

selassie
21-08-2014, 11:43 AM
I'd take a draw right now TBH, don't really fancy us getting maximum points out of this as we still seem to be finding fitness and form...

Niall_Quinn
21-08-2014, 12:31 PM
Hopefully we pass our first proper test in the PL. We should be expecting to win this if we are serious about challenging. Much will hinge on the ref as usual. If they are allowed to kick us out of our game without picking up cards then we'll of course struggle. Any team would under such circumstances. If the ref rescinds the "Arsenal don't like it up 'em" rule then we should have too much for them. Kevin Friend is the ref, only reffed us once last year in our 3-1 win over the Hammers. Was pretty much even with his cards and decisions. Might be okay.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
21-08-2014, 07:06 PM
2-2

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
21-08-2014, 07:57 PM
I'm thinking a counter-attacking 433 is the way to go for this one - field the paciest* front 3 we have available (Alexis, Ox and Campbell would be my choice), with either Ozil or Cazorla behind them picking out quick passes (or maybe even Rosicky, if we want to sacrifice a bit of the precision passing for a bit more relentless running and aggression? I actually quite like that idea). As counter-attacking generally involves sitting a bit deeper than normal, and keeping the team relatively compact, while you wait for the other side make the first move, I'm not sure I'd actually bother with a pure defensive midfielder? I'd maybe stick a couple of B2B midfielders in front of the defence, who are good at turnover play, and can turn defence into attack quickly once we've won it...

I like it.....though I might just replace Wilshere for Flamini to make it a tad less experimental.

Dein-machine
22-08-2014, 02:15 PM

For me I would play with OX & Cambell down the flanks with Flamini & Ozil replacing Rosicky & Wheelchair. Sanchez up top has to happen now - it cannot be any worse than having Giroud or Sonogo.

Niall_Quinn
22-08-2014, 03:10 PM
For me I would play with OX & Cambell down the flanks

Same here. It was only pre-season but these two showed twice the energy, twice the desire, twice the ambition in their play. They create unexpected problems for the opposition, whereas our alternatives are painfully predictable and easy to contain. It's great to see both Ox and Campbell willing and able to take on a defender with pace and beat them instead of always looking for the safe option. Defenders hate it, managers have to change their game plan to deal with it. It gives us, instead of the opposition, the advantage.

As for the central man, Giroud doesn't get in the box anyway so it;d be no loss having a smaller, pacey, trickier front man like Alexis. Ozil and Ramsey in behind, Flamini (we need better) as the stopper (which is why I'm all for dumping big cash on Pogba, he can break things up but he's also composed and can pass a ball). We might be a bit light in the middle but when you have Alexis and the two wide men as outs then you can survive it.

Of course I'm not a football manager, none of us are, but having watched Giroud and Sanogo so far it's so obvious how our play breaks down around them and how they end up giving the opposing defenders and easy ride.

No place for Cazorla either, his stats are okay if you check them but that just goes to show how stats aren't everything. He's been average for a year now.

I;d also keep Chambers in the team considering he's been our best defender so far. Monreal at the back is a real problem. He's done okay defensively, but that will change when he faces a bit of pace, but when Gibbs is missing we have nothing going forward on that side. Problem area that one, considering the amount of injuries Gibbs picks up. I'd splash the cash right now on Clyne from Southampton. He's going to be a super star - get him before the price becomes Luke Shaw ludicrous.

Dein-machine
22-08-2014, 03:19 PM
Same here. It was only pre-season but these two showed twice the energy, twice the desire, twice the ambition in their play. They create unexpected problems for the opposition, whereas our alternatives are painfully predictable and easy to contain. It's great to see both Ox and Campbell willing and able to take on a defender with pace and beat them instead of always looking for the safe option. Defenders hate it, managers have to change their game plan to deal with it. It gives us, instead of the opposition, the advantage.

As for the central man, Giroud doesn't get in the box anyway so it;d be no loss having a smaller, pacey, trickier front man like Alexis. Ozil and Ramsey in behind, Flamini (we need better) as the stopper (which is why I'm all for dumping big cash on Pogba, he can break things up but he's also composed and can pass a ball). We might be a bit light in the middle but when you have Alexis and the two wide men as outs then you can survive it.

Of course I'm not a football manager, none of us are, but having watched Giroud and Sanogo so far it's so obvious how our play breaks down around them and how they end up giving the opposing defenders and easy ride.

No place for Cazorla either, his stats are okay if you check them but that just goes to show how stats aren't everything. He's been average for a year now.

I;d also keep Chambers in the team considering he's been our best defender so far. Monreal at the back is a real problem. He's done okay defensively, but that will change when he faces a bit of pace, but when Gibbs is missing we have nothing going forward on that side. Problem area that one, considering the amount of injuries Gibbs picks up. I'd splash the cash right now on Clyne from Southampton. He's going to be a super star - get him before the price becomes Luke Shaw ludicrous.

But isn't Clyne a right back? - Still agree with you though, would have bought him ahead of Debauchery.

Niall_Quinn
22-08-2014, 03:22 PM
But isn't Clyne a right back? - Still agree with you though, would have bought him ahead of Debauchery.

According to Southampton fans he can play anywhere across the back and for them he's the best of the bunch. Saw a quote where they were lamenting the sale of Chambers but tool consolation in the fact at least nobody grabbed Clyne.

Think Debuchy has slotted in well and been very solid. Would rather have him to Sagna, especially now Sagna is a massive cunt.

Dein-machine
22-08-2014, 06:16 PM
1st big test of the season - let's hope Wumgers decided not to wear nappies in the big gams this year. It's all very well using money as a excuse to not compete with the Chavs & Gypos but Everton should be a team we look to beat home & away if we want to compete for the league.

GP
22-08-2014, 06:35 PM
Ches

Debuchy
Mertesacker
Koscielny
Monreal

Ozil
Ramsey
Flamini

Cazorla
Giroud
Alexis

0-3

pakgunner
23-08-2014, 04:14 AM
Schzez
Debuchy
Merts
Kozza
Monreal
Flamini
Ramsey
Ozil
Ox
Campbell
Alexis
With this pace up front we can focus on the defensive side and play on the counter, it would be nice to see chambers playing dm but too much risk involved against a good opponent. Giroud can come in if we need to chase the game in a 442.

Syn
23-08-2014, 08:13 AM
Thinking it might be too early in the season for this. Need more crystal palacey games before the cobwebs are gone. Ozil, Alexis, Ramsey on the pitch is going to be exciting though.

Marc Overmars
23-08-2014, 08:34 AM
Should be a comfortable home win.

Maestro
23-08-2014, 11:49 AM
---------------Szcz----------------

Debuchy----BFG---Kos---Monreal

---------Ramsey--Chambers----------

-----------------Ozil-------------------

Slacker
23-08-2014, 12:55 PM
We're playing against pretty much the last team that spanked us 3-0. Thankfully we don't have Vermaelen anymore and they don't have Barkley and Deulofeu playing. They will exploit our weak points with Lukaku being pushed out to give Monreal a torrid time again. We will get bullied in midfield again with McGeady, Barry and McCarthy steam rollering through midfield.

I suspect Chambers might give way for a Merts return but if we stick him just in front of the back 4 in a 4-1-2-1-2 formation we might stop the bullying and they will have to worry about their lack of pace with Jagielka and Distin up against Alexis and Ox and maybe Campbell later on. Sadly with Poldi not playing we're stuck with Giroud up front. If AW had any balls he'd play something like:

Chezza

Debuchy Merts Kos Monreal

Chambers

Ramsey Ox

Ozil

Alexis Giroud

Don't think he will and I suspect Wheelchair will start with Ramsey pushed further forward and Chambers or Ozil benched.

Niall_Quinn
23-08-2014, 01:18 PM
Should be a comfortable home win.

We aren't playing at home :doh:

Master Splinter
23-08-2014, 02:25 PM
A pubby 1-1 probably, unless we actually go with an attacking team.

Rosicky should play deeper rather than Flamini. He can run around as well as being a footballer. He's our most aggressive tackler too.

I just can't see Flamini in the centre, Cazorla on the left and Giroud up front working effectively at the moment. Too many flaws on the pitch at the same time. WUMger loves the self-harming though.

The Emirates Gallactico
23-08-2014, 02:57 PM
Podolski has apparently been left out of the match day squad.

The Mail is already running a piece linking him to Colonge on the basis of that alone.

Anyway, we'll win and we'll win well today. Normally we alternate performances at Goodison park and after the horror show last year we're due a good one today.

Munchies
23-08-2014, 03:13 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bvu1pL_IgAAx2OP.jpg

Munchies
23-08-2014, 03:33 PM
Szczesny, Debuchy, Mertesacker, Chambers, Monreal, Flamini, Ox, Wilshere, Ramsey, Ozil, Alexis

Get in!

What a team!!

No Koscielny though

Monreal sucks

No Giroud or Sanogo!! :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

adzzzbatch
23-08-2014, 03:35 PM
Yes! :wave: giroud and Sanogo

adzzzbatch
23-08-2014, 03:36 PM
Subs: Martinez, Bellerin, Koscielny, Rosicky, Giroud, Cazorla, Campbell

Niall_Quinn
23-08-2014, 03:41 PM
Interesting team. Ox will have to play well to make it work. And Jack will have to have a bit of discipline in the middle. Monreal the weak link of course.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
23-08-2014, 03:44 PM
Heavens knows where any of them are playing, but come on!

fakeyank
23-08-2014, 03:46 PM
Glad Giroud is not starting! :)

Power n Glory
23-08-2014, 03:50 PM
Wooooo! Sanchez through the middle!

Syn
23-08-2014, 03:53 PM
I hope the Sanchez up front experiment is due to him really being ready for the role, and not just because Giroud and Sanogo have looked way off the pace. But I guess either way, it's a risk worth taking.

No Koscielny though, that's a big loss. Not fancying our chances for this but lets see.

Niall_Quinn
23-08-2014, 03:55 PM
Santi benched too and quite right.

I am invisible
23-08-2014, 04:00 PM
Nice!

4231 or 433 with Özil on one of the wings?

Ernesto
23-08-2014, 04:06 PM
Wenger begins every answer very abrasively nowadays. There's always a "Look..." at the start of every sentence.

McNamara That Ghost...
23-08-2014, 04:07 PM
Arsenal bullied. :sleep:

Niall_Quinn
23-08-2014, 04:08 PM
Is losing to our closest rivals holding us back? I wonder?

McNamara That Ghost...
23-08-2014, 04:10 PM
Finishing seven points off the title is holding us back. I am inclined to agree.

Maestro
23-08-2014, 04:12 PM
links?

Edinburgh Gooner
23-08-2014, 04:13 PM
links?
http://www.wiziwig.tv/broadcast.php?matchid=269483&part=sports

always sucess here.

I am invisible
23-08-2014, 04:13 PM
Everton: Howard, Coleman, Jagielka, Distin, Baines, Barry, McCarthy, Naismith, Pienaar, Mirallas, Lukaku

Subs: Robles, Besic, Atsu, Osman, McGeady, Stones, Alcaraz

Niall_Quinn
23-08-2014, 04:16 PM
links?

http://cricfree.sx/sky-sports-1-live-stream-01.php

Syn
23-08-2014, 04:16 PM
Nice!

4231 or 433 with Özil on one of the wings?

Last season, I'm thinking the Napoli game where Ramsey went out wide before Ozil. Think Ozil has the no.10 role.

A few red card candidates. Monreal, Chambers and Flamini.

McNamara That Ghost...
23-08-2014, 04:18 PM
We must be the only side in the league that somehow has the onus of someting to prove against the team we finished above.

Apparently Everton don't have anything to worry about our attack.

Penguin
23-08-2014, 04:21 PM
I'm glad Wenger's mixing it up and taking a risk with Sanchez upfront. Why was Kos benched though? Did he pick up a knock?

Niall_Quinn
23-08-2014, 04:23 PM
I'm glad Wenger's mixing it up and taking a risk with Sanchez upfront. Why was Kos benched though? Did he pick up a knock?

Rested to help will recovery from injury - but not actually injured.

McNamara That Ghost...
23-08-2014, 04:23 PM
Probably seeing him through his ankle problem and not risking him ahead of Wednesday.

Niall_Quinn
23-08-2014, 04:24 PM
We must be the only side in the league that somehow has the onus of someting to prove against the team we finished above.

Apparently Everton don't have anything to worry about our attack.

Sky are pinning all their hopes on Lukaku, they don't seem to have a plan B.

Niall_Quinn
23-08-2014, 04:26 PM
LOL - despite the facts, we are STILL the smallest team in the league.

GP
23-08-2014, 04:26 PM
Hoddle obviously didn't read the script about PACE and POWERRR!!

:lol:

McNamara That Ghost...
23-08-2014, 04:27 PM
Arsenal. :haha:

So small.

BFG. :haha:

So slow.

KSE Comedy Club
23-08-2014, 04:28 PM
The Daily Heil did their job well.

Munchies
23-08-2014, 04:28 PM
Arsenal. :haha:

So small.

BFG. :haha:

So slow.

Power :bow:

KSE Comedy Club
23-08-2014, 04:29 PM
I just cant see us mounting a serious challenge in anything, what with our players only being 4 ft tall.

Even in the video line up, Merts is the same size as everyone else

Penguin
Mertesacker doesn't count because he skews our height stat. :haha:

McNamara That Ghost...
Ox's pecs. :bow:

Munchies
AND IT'S LIVE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

McNamara That Ghost...
23-08-2014, 04:30 PM
I just cant see us mounting a serious challenge in anything, what with our players only being 4 ft tall

We can drop a ring off at Mount Doom and that's our lot this season.

GP
23-08-2014, 04:30 PM
Mertesacker doesn't count because he skews our height stat. :haha:

Best not count Giroud either, that would be unfair.

McNamara That Ghost...
23-08-2014, 04:31 PM
Come on Arsenal. :bow:

KSE Comedy Club
Here we go!

C'mon line up, do us proud!

GP
Troyer, Dinklage and Davies were astute signings, tbh.

adzzzbatch
I'm scared :(

McNamara That Ghost...
Chambers straight on it.

McNamara That Ghost...
23-08-2014, 04:32 PM
Pienaar hacked down by Mini-Me.

KSE Comedy Club
We can drop a ring off at Mount Doom and that's our lot this season.

Pretty much, unless that Gollum Moyesie pops up to ruin our day in some form too.

Niall_Quinn
Nasty by Chambers.

Good lad! Saves us being bullied.

Niall_Quinn
23-08-2014, 04:33 PM
Lukaku vs Monreal. Who could have guessed?

Niall_Quinn
23-08-2014, 04:34 PM
As we know - fortunate to dominate against Palace.

Niall_Quinn
23-08-2014, 04:35 PM
Merts slow and now shit - not a real WC winner.

Sky :bow:

McNamara That Ghost...
23-08-2014, 04:35 PM
Sloppy from Ox.

McNamara That Ghost...
23-08-2014, 04:38 PM
Alexis. :bow:

As Jamie Redknapp said: Arsenal have their German contingency back now.

McNamara That Ghost...
23-08-2014, 04:39 PM
Pienaar bullied out of the game, Old Man Osman coming on.

Niall_Quinn
23-08-2014, 04:40 PM
Pienaar bullied out of the game, Old Man Osman coming on.

Yep, Chambers passes the first test.

adzzzbatch
23-08-2014, 04:41 PM
what a waste ox

McNamara That Ghost...
23-08-2014, 04:41 PM
Ox FFS.

Never on from there.

McNamara That Ghost...
23-08-2014, 04:42 PM
Scottish control from Naismith there.

adzzzbatch
23-08-2014, 04:43 PM
We're not exactly creating much.

McNamara That Ghost...
23-08-2014, 04:43 PM
Ramsey. :lol:

Niall_Quinn
23-08-2014, 04:44 PM
That should have been a yellow after the advantage was played. We'll get a card the minute we do something like that.

McNamara That Ghost...
Stunning from Chambers.

Niall_Quinn
Chambers :bow: So slow!

adzzzbatch
Brilliant tackle chambers, sky play it down of course

Munchies
Chambers fucking wow!

Niall_Quinn
23-08-2014, 04:45 PM
Shoot FFS!

McNamara That Ghost...
Ox sidefoots it wide, great pass from Coleman.

adzzzbatch
COME ON ARSENAL!

Niall_Quinn
Brilliant tackle chambers, sky play it down of course

He's French now he plays for Arsenal tbf

McNamara That Ghost...
23-08-2014, 04:46 PM
Coleman's not looking mustard today.

I am invisible
23-08-2014, 04:47 PM
He's French now he plays for Arsenal tbf
And short.

adzzzbatch
23-08-2014, 04:48 PM
wtf how is that a foul?

McNamara That Ghost...
Alexis. :bow:

Pointless but hilarious too.

adzzzbatch
oh he did look :lol:

Niall_Quinn
Looks like we're getting bullied again.

adzzzbatch
23-08-2014, 04:49 PM
FUCK

McNamara That Ghost...
1-0 Everton, Coleman. Whoops

Niall_Quinn
Oh bollocks already. Didn't really see it but I'm going to guess Monreal.

adzzzbatch
That's fucking bullshit defending.

Munchies
Fuck!

adzzzbatch
23-08-2014, 04:50 PM
pathetic that is.

adzzzbatch
23-08-2014, 04:51 PM
1 attempt on goal 1 conceded.

Penguin
Shite defending from both Ozil and Monreal there. FFS Arsenal :(

Globalgunner
Schezny should have kept it out but ok. Let's see what we're made of

McNamara That Ghost...
Mirallas dropped the Ashes.

adzzzbatch
23-08-2014, 04:52 PM
WTF is going on!

Niall_Quinn
Luckily Miralles is shit.

adzzzbatch
all everton now. we must hold on.

Niall_Quinn
23-08-2014, 04:53 PM
Commentators are really up for this now!

Penguin
Mistake by Chambers this time. Pull yourselves together!

Ernesto
Would Shep Redmond of Arsenal please contact the nearest steward?

Stupid Scouse tannoy

Niall_Quinn
23-08-2014, 04:54 PM
Too intricate - as usual.

adzzzbatch
23-08-2014, 04:54 PM
taking too fucking long on the ball.

Niall_Quinn
23-08-2014, 04:55 PM
Alexis fucks up but then rescues it well. A bit of a Tommy moment from Chambers too. Calm down!

McNamara That Ghost...
Woeful strike from Ox in a great position.

adzzzbatch
can we actually test the keeper please.

Niall_Quinn
23-08-2014, 04:57 PM
Monreal just about deals with that.

adzzzbatch
23-08-2014, 04:58 PM
debuchy shit in possession.

McNamara That Ghost...
23-08-2014, 04:59 PM
Baines booked.

Run at him!

Shocker of a tackle, nearly.

Niall_Quinn
23-08-2014, 04:59 PM
Yellow card and about fucking time. Baines booked.

adzzzbatch
23-08-2014, 05:00 PM
That was shit from ozil

Niall_Quinn
23-08-2014, 05:01 PM
Final ball :doh:

McNamara That Ghost...
Bloody hell Ox, control it and take your time!

adzzzbatch
fuck off ox

Niall_Quinn
Ox needs to aim about 10 yards to the right and he'll get one on target.

adzzzbatch
23-08-2014, 05:02 PM
Alexis was fouled!

adzzzbatch
23-08-2014, 05:03 PM
can we try pressing the ball.

adzzzbatch
23-08-2014, 05:04 PM
shit fk to give away.

McNamara That Ghost...
23-08-2014, 05:04 PM
Chambers gets away with it for being a GHEL. :bow:

Niall_Quinn
23-08-2014, 05:05 PM
Good reffing - was hardly anything in it beyond a collision.

McNamara That Ghost...
Close from Mirallas.

adzzzbatch
jesus Christ.

Niall_Quinn
Terrible wall for the FK

adzzzbatch
23-08-2014, 05:06 PM
no shot on target yet I don't think :lol:

Ernesto
23-08-2014, 05:06 PM
Chambers needs to be careful. Refs are very keen to level up the playing field when it comes to bookings, especially in a stadium packed to the rafters with a Scouse baying mob.

Niall_Quinn
23-08-2014, 05:07 PM
Come on Ramsey - wake up!

McNamara That Ghost...
23-08-2014, 05:07 PM
You said that earlier Tyler. Stop droning on please.

adzzzbatch
23-08-2014, 05:08 PM
this is crap from us.

Niall_Quinn
23-08-2014, 05:08 PM
Much too intricate and flicky, back-heely. Just play the simple passes.

adzzzbatch
23-08-2014, 05:10 PM
we haven't looked so toothless in a long time.

adzzzbatch
23-08-2014, 05:11 PM
schz is pissing me off

adzzzbatch
23-08-2014, 05:12 PM
fuck off!!

Niall_Quinn
JUST TAKE A FUCKING SHOT! Enough with the stupid tippy tappy

Penguin
Not really liking Ozil on the left, he really doesn't offer enough from there. We are far too preditable when we get to the final third.

McNamara That Ghost...
23-08-2014, 05:13 PM
BFG booked.

adzzzbatch
great tackle from per.

Niall_Quinn
Ref has the card out as a crowd pleaser there. Not a bad foul by any stretch.

adzzzbatch
23-08-2014, 05:14 PM
:banghead:

KSE Comedy Club
WTF is wrong with them....?!?!?

I haven't seen us play this shit for a long time

McNamara That Ghost...
2-0 Naismith.

:doh:

adzzzbatch
23-08-2014, 05:15 PM
I don't wanna hear any tiredness shit for this performance.

adzzzbatch
power and pace 2-0

Maestro
need to shake this shit off and get serious in the second half

adzzzbatch
FUCK OFF ARSENAL

McNamara That Ghost...
And offside. Of course.

Penguin
Oh fuck off.

GP
23-08-2014, 05:16 PM
A foul AND offside.

Impressive.

The Emirates Gallactico
Oh cock!

Power and pace

Niall_Quinn
2-0

Comes from a shit pass in the final third. Then a blatant foul is waved on. Then way, way offside.

Appalling officiating again. Will even itself up when Chambers gets sent off.

adzzzbatch
23-08-2014, 05:17 PM
mert was fouled

McNamara That Ghost...
2-0 HT.

Niall_Quinn
Andy Garrett - one of our best????

Says it all really. Incompetent cunt.

Ernesto
Should've known the hunchback of Notre Dame was the linesman.

Blind nob.

Maestro
23-08-2014, 05:18 PM
thank god there is no going to work on monday

adzzzbatch
23-08-2014, 05:18 PM
Absolutely pathetic.

adzzzbatch
23-08-2014, 05:19 PM
All to easy for everton

Niall_Quinn
1-0 in the real world. 2-0 in the world of the FA and their blind refs and linesmen.

Open game, difference is they are clinical in the final third and we fart about and do fuck all with it.

Very had to pull this back now.

Power n Glory
Awful defending, no pressing from the midfield a poor defensive performance. 2nd goal was offside but no idea why Merts and Chambers are diving into tackles so high up the pitch? Poor games from both.

Marc Overmars
23-08-2014, 05:20 PM
Arsenal. :rolleyes:

adzzzbatch
1-0 in the real world. 2-0 in the world of the FA and their blind refs and linesmen.

Open game, difference is they are clinical in the final third and we fart about and do fuck all with it.

Very had to pull this back now.

We were hardly looking like getting back in it at 1-0

cheesy bites
Too much fucking tippy tappy cowardice. Where's the fucking balls in the forwards for fuck sake.

Take off Wilshere, stick Ozil in midfield and put Campbell out wide. Get some actual threatening runs into the box, and tell Flamini if he comes out of the Arsenal half that his house will get burnt down.

selassie
23-08-2014, 05:21 PM
Horrible. The defence is all over the place, Midfield too timid, just passing around with no purpose. Same shit different season.

fakeyank
23-08-2014, 05:21 PM
Wengerball is so pretty to see. Fast slick passing.. this could easily be 5-2 to us, with the chances we had. Oh well :crying:

adzzzbatch
23-08-2014, 05:22 PM
Leicester scored 2 fucking goals against this lot. we can't even managed a shot on target.

cheesy bites
The Wengerisation of Oxlade Chamberlain is complete.

No more threat, only tip tap tippy tappy.

Master Splinter
Power, pace, strength, terrible officiating, succumbing to the whims of the home crowd.

We've been sloppy and useless in the final third, but a succession of decisions going against you doesn't help. You can recover from a shit half, but the officials making it two or three times harder is almost insurmountable for any team.

It will even itself up though when Ozil is sent off for taking a corner from the correct position.

Niall_Quinn
Why do we have Ox tied up in an intricate tippy tappy fest around the box? He should be wide with the ball being played yards ahead of him an into the space that's there! We're wasting him.

Alexis working his guts out but nobody is making an alternate run so either he can drag defenders or take advantage of the space a runner would create.

Flamini makes too many mistakes when he's not under pressure. And so does Jack tbf.

Ozil? Still on holiday.

pakgunner
23-08-2014, 05:23 PM
Hopefully this performance will force Wenger to buy where needed, striker, dm and cb.

The Emirates Gallactico
23-08-2014, 05:23 PM
Once again our in game management comes up short.

I realise we're coming of the back of Bestikas but we always look like we go into these matches without any sort of plan.

McNamara That Ghost...
23-08-2014, 05:24 PM

Er I saw him shooting at every opportunity. And that's what hasn't helped.

GP

Are you being serious? He's looked to shoot at every opportunity.

I mean, honestly, were you even watching?

adzzzbatch
Power, pace, strength, terrible officiating, succumbing to the whims of the home crowd.

We've been sloppy and useless in the final third, but a succession of decisions going against you doesn't help. You can recover from a shit half, but the officials making it two or three times harder is almost insurmountable for any team.

It will even itself up though when Ozil is sent off for taking a corner from the correct position.

We can't blame the officials for everything! We've been shit!

Master Splinter

He's been shooting wildly everywhere ad giving the ball away.

That's the very antithesis of a Wenger player.

Master Splinter
23-08-2014, 05:26 PM

Who's blaming them for everything?

cheesy bites
23-08-2014, 05:27 PM
Yeah I may have overreacted with that Ox comment.

But watching these replays it's clear what's costing us defensively.

The midfield 3 is NOT BALANCED one fucking bit. Wilshere does not want to play deep, Ramsey shouldn't play deep and Flamini is only adequate. You can't leave a defender lacking pace, a rookie and a ho-hum midfielder as your only defenders. It's pathetic. What this team could do with a Khedira in Wilshere's role, providing more balance.

Niall_Quinn
23-08-2014, 05:27 PM
Fucking refs are to blame for everything tbh

Cunts

Bumble
23-08-2014, 05:28 PM
Leicester scored 2 fucking goals against this lot. we can't even managed a shot on target.

Every game is different. Very frustrating to concede the offside goal. But we look like we can concede each time they counter attack.

Why do we seem to commit so many players forward all the time. There is plenty of time to score, don't over commit.

If we score next we won't lose as I reckon we get one we will get at least a second.

Niall_Quinn
Yeah I may have overreacted with that Ox comment.

But watching these replays it's clear what's costing us defensively.

The midfield 3 is NOT BALANCED one fucking bit. Wilshere does not want to play deep, Ramsey shouldn't play deep and Flamini is only adequate. You can't leave a defender lacking pace, a rookie and a ho-hum midfielder as your only defenders. It's pathetic. What this team could do with a Khedira in Wilshere's role, providing more balance.

Khedira wanted 51% of the shares in the club to come here. We said no. Like that woman who Robin was dating.

Power n Glory
The games over before we can really get into it. Ramsey, Wilshere, Flamini have been poor. Ozil looks okay on the left. He's created a few chances from sneaky passes. Ox is threatening but needs to make better decisions. Sanchez is working his socks off and could be a threat but needs a little more time to find his feet but at 2-0...I think it's over.

Bumble
23-08-2014, 05:29 PM
Fucking refs are to blame for everything tbh

Cunts

Haha. Just waiting for them to knock one in at the far post to make it 3.

RomfordPele
23-08-2014, 05:30 PM

You can blame them for missing a clear foul and an offside though. They're there to get these calls right. As bad as we've played, 1-0 is a lot easier to claw back than 2-0.

Both yellows for us very soft too. It doesn't help.

cheesy bites
23-08-2014, 05:30 PM
Khedira wanted 51% of the shares in the club to come here. We said no. Like that woman who Robin was dating.

Someone, anyone with presence and the mentality to consider staying deep if everyone else has gone forward. It doesn't even need to be a big name. Fuck, even Diaby could do it. Bender, Carvalho, I don't fucking care. This team needs that.

So many people were saying try Wilshere in that role, but the guy doesn't want to stay back away from the action, and it's costing us.

Niall_Quinn
23-08-2014, 05:33 PM
You can blame them for missing a clear foul and an offside though. They're there to get these calls right. As bad as we've played, 1-0 is a lot easier to claw back than 2-0.

Both yellows for us very soft too. It doesn't help.

That linesman was looking right across the line, went for the flag then stopped. Hard to explain it. Why did he choose to ignore the rules at that moment? Also BFG's booking was a joke - thought we'll take that as Chambers could have picked up a couple of yellows.

The Emirates Gallactico
Fucks sake, just hope we manage to at least mount some comeback. Problem is I can see them scoring more themselves.

McNamara That Ghost...
Alexis off, Bif on.

cheesy bites
Sanchez off for Giroud

Should have taken Ozil off for him instead, but I can see the thought process.

The Emirates Gallactico
Sanchez off? wtf?

Penguin
23-08-2014, 05:34 PM
Why is Alexis coming off? :unsure:

Niall_Quinn
FUCKING HELL WENGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alexis off! WTF

WTF!

WTF!

WTF!

WTF!

WTF!

WTF!

WTF!

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!

WTF?

Power n Glory
What a fucking dunce! Wenger!!

adzzzbatch
Now our supreme leader takes our only decent player of the 1st half off for giroud.

McNamara That Ghost...
What a chance for Bif!

The Emirates Gallactico
Giroud so close!

adzzzbatch
miss from giroud.

cheesy bites
FUCK

Niall_Quinn
23-08-2014, 05:35 PM
Oh BIF - Bif, Bif - WTF?

GP
Unlucky Bif,

Dein-machine
[QUOTE=Niall_Quinn;415929]FUCKING HELL WENGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alexis off! WTF

WTF!

WTF!

WTF!

WTF!

WTF!

WTF!

WTF!

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!

WTF?[/QUOTE

Now can you see why people question Wengers tactics

The Emirates Gallactico
It's chances like this when you wish we had a Cavani or RVP up there.

Niall_Quinn
23-08-2014, 05:36 PM
Debuchy :bow:

adzzzbatch
someone is gonna get sent off this evening.

cheesy bites

Everytime I've seen Cavani, I've never understood the hype.

Bumble
Why is Alexis coming off? :unsure:

To much chasing back.

Niall_Quinn
23-08-2014, 05:37 PM
So why would we take Alexis off, is he injured?

Fucking hell OX - concentrate!

cheesy bites
23-08-2014, 05:37 PM
So why would we take Alexis off, is he injured?

Fucking hell OX - concentrate!
No "focal point" to our attacks

Niall_Quinn
23-08-2014, 05:38 PM

Falcao looks better.

Niall_Quinn

Falcao looks better.

The Emirates Gallactico

His goal returns in Italy and France speak for themselves and he's capable of scoring those volley chances that Bif just missed.

Bumble

Or a Carlton cole , Lambert, beneteke negredo McCullough Steve from the dog and duck.

cheesy bites
23-08-2014, 05:39 PM
Or a Carlton cole , Lambert, beneteke negredo McCullough Steve from the dog and duck.

How about Welbeck?

McNamara That Ghost...
23-08-2014, 05:39 PM
Appeals for handball from Everton, nothing given.

McNamara That Ghost...
23-08-2014, 05:40 PM
Has to be careful? It hit his gut!

cheesy bites
Ifucking hate this Everton crowd. Baying like little bitches when anything goes against them.

Niall_Quinn
Handball :haha: Fuck off

fakeyank
23-08-2014, 05:41 PM
We have the players to challenge.. unfortunately we do not have a manager of that caliber.

3 more years of this :rolleyes:

Niall_Quinn
Linesman must have been told what the offside rule is at HT. Thank fuck for that.

The Emirates Gallactico
Ifucking hate this Everton crowd. Baying like little bitches when anything goes against them.

Tbh that's exactly how a home crowd should react. We should be doing the same thing at the Emirates.

FFS Jack.

adzzzbatch
fuck off jack

McNamara That Ghost...
Wheelchair takes out Barry. Bookeed.

Niall_Quinn
Hope the ref doesn't buy Barry's bullshit here

cheesy bites
23-08-2014, 05:42 PM
Jack the mug slides in. Would be more useful to us in the changing room after a red.

McNamara That Ghost...
The classic reducer, right?

adzzzbatch
we need to ship jack out somewhere he's shit.

Niall_Quinn
23-08-2014, 05:43 PM
Barry makes an amazing recovery.

fakeyank
Jack needs a cig to calm down bruh..

cheesy bites
Look at the fucking space in front of the defence. Jesus H Christ. Get your arse back there Jack.

Niall_Quinn
23-08-2014, 05:44 PM
Because Bif won't run it means we'll push up more and get hit on the break.

adzzzbatch
23-08-2014, 05:44 PM
still no shot on target?

cheesy bites
23-08-2014, 05:45 PM
Chambers is going to go at some point isn't he.

Niall_Quinn
Tippy tappy :bow:

adzzzbatch
FFS another booking

McNamara That Ghost...
Chambers booked.

Niall_Quinn
Horrible dive by that cheating cunt from Bronski Beat

adzzzbatch
tap tap tap tip tap tap lose possession.

cheesy bites
23-08-2014, 05:46 PM
Naismith is a nasty little fucker

Ernesto
23-08-2014, 05:46 PM
Wasn't this the same ground where Ross Barkley pushed Arteta only for Arteta to get booked for it last season?

Somehow all these bookings don't surprise me.

Niall_Quinn
23-08-2014, 05:47 PM
Naismith is a nasty little fucker

He reminds me of AIDS

adzzzbatch
23-08-2014, 05:48 PM
way way to easy for everton