PDA

View Full Version : 11 Signings Wenger would never make

Flavs
13-06-2011, 02:10 PM
Just talking on the other thread about how manyoo and Chelsea etc seem to sign players who are the stand out player in their respective team but maybe aren’t the best player technically or those who have won the most trophies. We wouldnt do this i think we can all agree, technical or physical ability seem to be Wengers key attributes rather than fight, spirit and desire. This is why we end up with a lot of athletes rather than fighters. So was having a think around the prem at people we could sign who are "up for it" and would bring something different to the team, seriously try it, it isn’t easy.

So, looking at the end of season reviews and using my own input here are 11 players we won’t sign IMO but who would make a difference to the team massively and bring some of the skills we miss so dearly...

GK - Paul Robinson, Blackburns player of the year after having a ridiculously good season, since retiring from England duty has gone from strength to strength, very experienced, 31 years old and the best kicking goalie i have ever seen. Good foil for Wojy.

RB - Emerson Boyce, big, fast, can play anywhere in defence and midfield and will fight fight fight like Cheryl Cole, would bring speed and aggression to our failing backline as back up to Bac Sag

LB - Martin Olsson, fast, aggressive, can score goals and play left wing. Would be as good if not better than Clichy as well as cheap and would want to come.

CD - Samba and you all know why

CD - Shawcross, same as Samba but with more ball playing ability. Despite being a lumbering moron he is a very good centre back and would certainly give us some oomph at the back and threat at set pieces

LW - Chung-Young Lee - The dribble master from Bolton would suit us great as he is fast, can use the ball and score goals...like Nasri did briefly

RW - Ryan Jarvis, see above

DM - Parker, you all know why

CM - Chris Brunt, left foot like a wand ( I mean properly not like RvP) can take free kicks and corners (not like RvP) creates a lot, works hard and fights like a motherf...well you get the point.

AM - Tim Cahill, you know why

CF - Darren Bent, has any goal scorer ever been more underrated? Spurs got rid of a guy who goes onto score 20+ goals a season in a shit team and no-one mocks them for it? Scored 16 for Charlton the season they got relegated, did very well at Sunderland and now lighting it up at Villa, we missed a trick here.

Ollie the Optimist
13-06-2011, 02:40 PM
if shawcross ever came here, i would be pissed off. cunt of a man

Cripps_orig
13-06-2011, 02:41 PM
Wouldnt mind Samba, Brunt, Parker and Bent here from those 11

Hump
13-06-2011, 02:43 PM
Of those who have won any major trophy? Is is just the two the have champs league experience? And why isn't Robbie Savage on the list?

Flavs
13-06-2011, 02:46 PM
Of those who have won any major trophy? Is is just the two the have champs league experience? And why isn't Robbie Savage on the list?

Cos he has retired

Cripps_orig
13-06-2011, 02:48 PM
Would have Jose Enrique at left back.

Flavs
13-06-2011, 02:53 PM
if shawcross ever came here, i would be pissed off. cunt of a man

everyone keeps crying out for Wenger to change his trasnfer policy, it would certainly be that if he signed him

Hump
13-06-2011, 02:55 PM
Cos he has retired

Okay what about Craig Bellamy? Why wasn't he on the list.? He's got proven pedigree. Has got the ability to go past Championship full backs and has really hard looking tattoos.

Hump
13-06-2011, 02:56 PM
And pair him up with David Wheater :cloud9: Ryan Shawcross that is - not Craig Bellamy - that would be daft.

Flavs
13-06-2011, 02:58 PM
Okay what about Craig Bellamy? Why wasn't he on the list.? He's got proven pedigree. Has got the ability to go past Championship full backs and has really hard looking tattoos.

we have filled our FA quota of overated midgets sadly

hobson's choice
13-06-2011, 03:00 PM
Worst thread ever, makes no sense at. Jesus Chirst:lol::lol:

Coney
13-06-2011, 03:02 PM
CF - Darren Bent, has any goal scorer ever been more underrated? Spurs got rid of a guy who goes onto score 20+ goals a season in a shit team and no-one mocks them for it? Scored 16 for Charlton the season they got relegated, did very well at Sunderland and now lighting it up at Villa, we missed a trick here.

Well, I'm good with that. I think he is underrated. I even suggested Mark Viduka a few years back. Why? Because if he was fed the ball in the box he was highly likely to do something good with it. Bent is the same - not afraid to take a pot and effective at it. Just because a player is not the most talented in the world in all ways does not make him bad. If we have a team of 8 exceptional talents and 3 other good players that make it all gel together, that is the winning formula, I reckon. Look at manu - SAF gets some great talents but also has a few players to give the team some beef to go with it. We should be doing the same.

NOT Shawcross though. That would be impossible.

Japan Shaking All Over
13-06-2011, 03:25 PM
was saying before Bent would be superb for us.......defo goal getter and forget the slump he had at Spuds (probably hated being there, which is understandable!!) beacuse he soon snapped out of it up in Sunderland and is not doing too bad for Villa

Shawcross no - want umpf....then look no further than Samab, not a gracful as a gazelle admitted but along side Verms you can leave the fancy stuff to him and Samba just the messy stuff.......at Blackburn lost count of the amount of times he laid his body on the line

Marc Overmars
13-06-2011, 03:35 PM
I'd love it if Wenger went mental and bid 25m for Bent.

Exactly the type of striker we have been crying out for for years.

Cripps_orig
13-06-2011, 03:42 PM

Exactly the type of striker we have been crying out for for years.
Should have got him from Charlton. Probably wouldnt have got him from Spuds but could have attempted to get him from Sunderland.

Dont think Villa will sell this soon.

Brilliant striker and has scored whereever he is

Özim
13-06-2011, 03:51 PM
Too late he already......oh I see.

Japan Shaking All Over
13-06-2011, 03:55 PM
a classic case of when will we learn:getcoat:

Jacky_Wilshere19
13-06-2011, 08:10 PM
Should go for Rob Green i think.

Boss
13-06-2011, 08:15 PM
Thank fuck Wenger would never sign most of that mediocre dross.

GP
13-06-2011, 08:22 PM
:lol:

Falvs has had a shocker.

Paul Robinson? GTFO!

Xhaka Can’t
13-06-2011, 08:53 PM
Nothing like sticking in a controversial choice to drum up some replies to your thread.

Coney
13-06-2011, 09:20 PM
Nothing like sticking in a controversial choice to drum up some replies to your thread.

At least he has suggested some names.

:run:

fakeyank
13-06-2011, 09:48 PM
Just talking on the other thread about how manyoo and Chelsea etc seem to sign players who are the stand out player in their respective team but maybe aren’t the best player technically or those who have won the most trophies. We wouldnt do this i think we can all agree, technical or physical ability seem to be Wengers key attributes rather than fight, spirit and desire. This is why we end up with a lot of athletes rather than fighters. So was having a think around the prem at people we could sign who are "up for it" and would bring something different to the team, seriously try it, it isn’t easy.

So, looking at the end of season reviews and using my own input here are 11 players we won’t sign IMO but who would make a difference to the team massively and bring some of the skills we miss so dearly...

GK - Paul Robinson, Blackburns player of the year after having a ridiculously good season, since retiring from England duty has gone from strength to strength, very experienced, 31 years old and the best kicking goalie i have ever seen. Good foil for Wojy.

RB - Emerson Boyce, big, fast, can play anywhere in defence and midfield and will fight fight fight like Cheryl Cole, would bring speed and aggression to our failing backline as back up to Bac Sag

LB - Martin Olsson, fast, aggressive, can score goals and play left wing. Would be as good if not better than Clichy as well as cheap and would want to come.

CD - Shawcross, same as Samba but with more ball playing ability. Despite being a lumbering moron he is a very good centre back and would certainly give us some oomph at the back and threat at set pieces

LW - Chung-Young Lee - The dribble master from Bolton would suit us great as he is fast, can use the ball and score goals...like Nasri did briefly

CM - Chris Brunt, left foot like a wand ( I mean properly not like RvP) can take free kicks and corners (not like RvP) creates a lot, works hard and fights like a motherf...well you get the point.

I like Chung Young Lee

AKBapologist
13-06-2011, 10:32 PM
/vom

Coney
13-06-2011, 10:41 PM
I like Chung Young Lee

I prefer Beef in Black Bean Sauce.

Flavs
14-06-2011, 07:48 AM

When did you turn into such a miserable fucker? Seriously?

Flavs
14-06-2011, 07:49 AM
Worst thread ever, makes no sense at. Jesus Chirst:lol::lol:

Fail

Coney
14-06-2011, 09:00 AM
When did you turn into such a miserable fucker? Seriously?

Since he became a mod. Have you noticed how it fucks people up? Oh no - forgot you were also made a mod so you are already screwed up. :run:

Dog Toffee
17-06-2011, 08:54 AM

The reason Wenger would never sign them is because we have far better players already.

I mean, come on- Paul Robinson, Darren Bent, SHAWCROSS!! We have Scscezney, Van Persie, and Vermaelen, jog on.

Flavs
17-06-2011, 08:59 AM
didnt understand the point there did you sweety