PDA

View Full Version : So clichys goes.

WilshereourGHEL
16-06-2011, 01:06 PM
So if clichy goes and arsen does not sign a Lb and opts to sign both cahill and samba would you guys feel much safer with this back line ?

Sagna-Samba-Cahill-Verminator

LDG
16-06-2011, 01:11 PM
It's not too bad tbh. Verm spends most of his time at left back covering Clichy's arse anyway.

Alan B'stard
16-06-2011, 01:17 PM
i'm all over that like a topman suit

WilshereourGHEL
16-06-2011, 01:20 PM
Would leave only sagna the one under 6 ft also at the back .

Samba 6 ft 4 in Cahill 6 ft 2 in verminator 6 ft sagna 5ft 9in

GP
16-06-2011, 01:30 PM
Plus, we'd have the fabled black/white CB partnership.

milla
16-06-2011, 01:34 PM
Plus, we'd have the fabled black/white CB partnership.

It would be perfect if Sc3znynzse3 is half black half white. :coffee:

Kano
16-06-2011, 01:54 PM
verm wouldn't be lb as wenger likes forward running full back - he can get forward and get a shot out but he's know side defender

selassie
16-06-2011, 02:22 PM
So if clichy goes and arsen does not sign a Lb and opts to sign both cahill and samba would you guys feel much safer with this back line ?

Sagna-Samba-Cahill-Verminator

NO. If the Defence isn't coached properly then it's not going to improve that much regardless of the personnel. I don't think signing both of those guys and pairing them together would make our defence any stronger than if we had either of them alongside Verms.

fakeyank
16-06-2011, 02:45 PM
I'd be super glad to see the back of Clichy. Dont rate that prick at all. Been waiting for him to leave us.. may be this summer will be the time we see the end of his Arsenal career! :pray:

Cripps_orig
16-06-2011, 02:54 PM
Clichy and his lapses of concentration can fuck off.

Get both Samba and Cahill in and play Vermaelen at LB which he has done countless times for Ajax.

Would rather another CB ahead of Cahill cos i dont particularly rate him that much but i guess hes better than what we have

Japan Shaking All Over
16-06-2011, 03:40 PM
to see it in the progrmme would inspire much more confidence than seeing Sqcallci (can't be bothered to check if I spelt this guys name right)

however I am with Selassie on the coaching thing which is why I am glad to see us doing our business at the front end of the summer rather than the usual last minute deal that we get forced into making due to being over cautious and too slow to catch a cold.......it is not only the pitch that we can make ourselves look like laughing stocks

the point about Wenger liking running full backs has validity but maybe even he is now seeing that the FB backs job is more than just running cos that is all Clichy fu#king did most of the time

Master Splinter
16-06-2011, 04:03 PM
Samba is a bit shit. Cahill is a bit better. Both would make decent fourth choice defenders. I'm happy to be proven wrong about them being our Herculean defensive saviours, though.

But none of that will matter if the team doesn't defend as a team.

fari
16-06-2011, 04:08 PM
Samba is a bit shit. Cahill is a bit better. Both would make decent fourth choice defenders. I'm happy to be proven wrong about them being our Herculean defensive saviours, though.

exactly! as soon was we lose the ball we need to immediately start pressing, closng down the spaces etc

Japan Shaking All Over
16-06-2011, 04:12 PM
wooooo there! don't want the guys breaking a sweat now do we!

back to basics I agree......and the kind of signings that Wenger is looking at sure know how to rough things up......its what we need, no fear of a fight/some leadership

Boss
16-06-2011, 04:16 PM
No chance we're getting in two defenders, but would be happy with Vermaelen at LB.

Özim
16-06-2011, 04:29 PM
No chance we're getting in two defenders, but would be happy with Vermaelen at LB.
Yeah me too, he can galavant forward from there without leaving us horribly exposed at the back.

Cripps_orig
16-06-2011, 04:33 PM

:lol:

Having a bit of a shocker arent you son?

Darth Vela
16-06-2011, 04:40 PM
If we can't get Baines I'd be happy with Vermaelen there, if two defenders do indeed come in then we have to assume there'll be some jiggerpokery with positions as 5 CBs who only play CB is blatantly not going to happen, technically we'd have six ofc but he can't really even play CB...

Cripps_orig
16-06-2011, 04:42 PM
Mancs had 5 CBs and still got in Jones.

Dont care how many we have. If anyone better is available, we must go in for him

Darth Vela
16-06-2011, 04:56 PM
I agree, we need to up the quality and if we can get in better options it doesn't matter so much, it was more of an observation on the way we tend to do things than a point for debate.

On another note, the Mancs aren't in much better shape given that 3 of those 5 are Smalling, Brown and Evans along with Rio not getting any younger, I'd be surprised if they didn't buy yet another with one of their others shipping out.

AKBapologist
16-06-2011, 05:27 PM
If we where going to look externally for a new LB, who would be a decent replacement?

Cripps_orig
16-06-2011, 05:30 PM
If we where going to look externally for a new LB, who would be a decent replacement?
Baines
Jose Enrique

2 players with PL experience

Olivier's xmas twist
16-06-2011, 05:43 PM
Clichy and his lapses of concentration can fuck off.

Get both Samba and Cahill in and play Vermaelen at LB which he has done countless times for Ajax.

Would rather another CB ahead of Cahill cos i dont particularly rate him that much but i guess hes better than what we have

been saying this for a season. TV5 has never really proven himself as a class cb, always thought he'd make a better LB because he likes to get forward and looks like he'd be better then clichy and gibbs will learn from him.

would be so good if we got both samba and Cahill.

but can see Cahill staying up north if city bid for him.

Master Splinter
16-06-2011, 06:10 PM
Having a bit of a shocker arent you son?
Oh the irony.

Sirjackofwilshere
16-06-2011, 06:30 PM
Kind of relieved we're getting rid of Clichy...hes a real liability. That said we need to replace him with a good enough LB. Gibbs isn't ready.

The Verminator
16-06-2011, 09:44 PM
Gibbs is utter shit tbh. He might be good one day but even as a backup LB he is simply woeful right now. Would rather use Traore for now and I know he's not any good either.

Clichy out, Baines in would be fantastic though. :)

KSE Comedy Club
16-06-2011, 09:53 PM
been saying this for a season. TV5 has never really proven himself as a class cb, always thought he'd make a better LB because he likes to get forward and looks like he'd be better then clichy and gibbs will learn from him.

would be so good if we got both samba and Cahill.

but can see Cahill staying up north if city bid for him.

Nah, he'll want to join his mate Wishere so they can ghel it up together.

Ironing
16-06-2011, 10:17 PM
Thread should really be called 'If clichy goes'

You got my hopes up for a second there

2 seasons ago he was one of the best in the word in his position imo. Really sad to see him get worse

Alan B'stard
17-06-2011, 11:31 AM
Roma offering 8mill allegedly

Slacker
18-06-2011, 05:32 PM
Hold on so Roma, an Italian club, want Clichy??? Go for him guys. Nice to see an Italian club buy a defender who hasn't got a scooby how to defend...:)

Özim
18-06-2011, 05:59 PM
Gibbs is utter shit tbh. He might be good one day but even as a backup LB he is simply woeful right now. Would rather use Traore for now and I know he's not any good either.
Been saying for a while now, can't defend for toffee....and that's when he's actually not injured which isn't very often.

Maorigooner
18-06-2011, 06:30 PM
I honestly think I could beat Samba in a foot race and I get tired standing up. I just cant see that lumbering oaf being good enough, Cahill at least can trap a ball with out punting it away. What about the Jerome Boatang chap at city? we wanted him before city did, he can play at left back (where he plays for the goose steppers) He's talked about leaving to get more games and accepted he would have to take a paycut to leave.

Tipsychubbs
18-06-2011, 06:58 PM
Gibbs is utter shit tbh.

That's going a bit far.

It's probably been said already but Gibbs is not a LB, he was a box to box CMF who could also play left wing in the reserves. Wenger thought he was too lightweight in the middle, plus we don't really play with traditional wingers so he's placed him at left back hoping to do an Ashley Cole. Cole actually learned how to defend well despite also starting off as an offensive player, but I'm not sure Gibbs can do the same. Maybe with more experience like Cole aquired, we'll see.

Worryingly he's become quite a sicknote already. Let's hope its growing pains and he grows out of it like Walcott seems to have done.

KSE Comedy Club
18-06-2011, 09:50 PM
I honestly think I could beat Samba in a foot race and I get tired standing up. I just cant see that lumbering oaf being good enough, Cahill at least can trap a ball with out punting it away. What about the Jerome Boatang chap at city? we wanted him before city did, he can play at left back (where he plays for the goose steppers) He's talked about leaving to get more games and accepted he would have to take a paycut to leave.
Boateng wants out of citeh because he doesnt want to play at LB, I believe.

Samba and Cahill would both be fine tbh.

Japan Shaking All Over
19-06-2011, 05:33 AM

accepted he would have to take a paycut to leave

I ws thinking the same thing about Boatang but imagine that he would prefer to go back to Germany and a 'paycut' from Citeh wages would probably still price us out of the running!!!

However he would be worth keeping in mind and I believe that we would interest him because of the way we play however the signs are that Wenger is going for the direct route type well at least the kind of player that knows when that style is appropriate ie not try and play it out of defence from the goal line. Samba will benefit from playing along side a player like Verms. Hopefully it won't be 90 minutes of defending like he is expected to do at Blackburn so there will be time for him to grow. I do remember making some great saves, at times consecutive tackles and remember thinking that if some of ours had half the fight he showed then we wouldnt get in some of the messes we do........

I know that Samba is not a Franz Beckenbauer but he would bring a lot of wht is missing in our defence/team as a whole and that is heart and fight.......although it doesnt outweigh technical ability especially when we play the way we do, we can also never underestimate the value of it

I say get Samba and Cahill......money well spent

WilshereourGHEL
19-06-2011, 10:05 AM
I know that Samba is not a Franz Beckenbauer but he would bring a lot of wht is missing in our defence/team as a whole and that is heart and fight.......although it doesnt outweigh technical ability especially when we play the way we do, we can also never underestimate the value of it

neither did adams

Japan Shaking All Over
19-06-2011, 10:47 AM

neither did adams

I know that Samba is not a Franz Beckenbauer

you mean neither was Adams......right!?

WilshereourGHEL
19-06-2011, 12:25 PM
yes

Japan Shaking All Over
19-06-2011, 04:51 PM
good

then we can see why both of us think that Samba signing is not such a bad thing

WilshereourGHEL
19-06-2011, 05:44 PM
Idd i can :)

Bergkampwonderland10
19-06-2011, 09:26 PM
Hasn't Boateng already agreed to move to Bayern? Thought they;d sold him already.

AKBapologist
21-06-2011, 04:00 PM
http://www.7amkickoff.com/2011/gael-clichy-yet-to-recover-from-eduardo-tackle/

Sums up my thoughts on the matter.

Japan Shaking All Over
22-06-2011, 05:24 AM
correction; he's yet to get over his mistake that lead to Birmingham's goal and Gallas's strop

Cripps_orig
23-06-2011, 12:59 PM
GAEL CLICHY will dig his heels in to try to force a move to Liverpool.

The Arsenal left-back is a wanted man after talks stalled on a new deal, with just 12 months left on his contract.
Roma have offered £7million for the French defender - £2m more than the Reds.
But Clichy, 25, prefers Anfield to Italy, and is prepared to hold out and hope the Gunners will do business with Liverpool.
Kop boss Kenny Dalglish is desperate to bring in a left-back after Glen Johnson had to play out of position for long periods on the left last term.
Fabio Aurelio's injury woes kept him to just seven league starts, while Paul Konchesky's arrival from Fulham never paid off and he was loaned to Nottingham Forest in January.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3653405/Gael-Clichy-will-dig-his-heels-in-to-try-to-force-a-move-from-Arsenal-to-Liverpool.html#ixzz1Q6TaU9FL (http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3653405/Gael-Clichy-will-dig-his-heels-in-to-try-to-force-a-move-from-Arsenal-to-Liverpool.html#ixzz1Q6TaU9FL)

What a cunt

selassie
23-06-2011, 12:59 PM
What a cunt

I'm really surprised he wants to go there TBH.

Olivier's xmas twist
23-06-2011, 01:05 PM

me too expecially when he is under no pressure at Arsenal. He was allowed to get away with beingshit for 5 years and still is.

When the young french players are desperate to get away from AW you know their is a problem

dazthegooner
23-06-2011, 01:05 PM
The most overrated left back in a long time imo just shows how far the standard has slipped, not worth to even clean the boots of Sansom,Winterburn and dare I say it Cashley...

IBK
23-06-2011, 01:07 PM

Maybe he realises that he is regressing and that the lack of decent defensive coaching at AFC means that he is more likely to get help to address this at Liverpool.

Marc Overmars
23-06-2011, 01:09 PM
My Liverpool supporting mates don't want him.

Cripps_orig
Maybe he realises that he is regressing and that the lack of decent defensive coaching at AFC means that he is more likely to get help to address this at Liverpool.

That would suggest he has a brain

selassie

Aye, that's a very depressing thought but one that could be very true. It's depressing in the sense that one of our first choice players wants to go to an inferior team to improve his game. :o

dazthegooner
23-06-2011, 01:14 PM
Or maybe he's doesnt want to play in Europe for a season always was a lazy bastard!

Shaqiri Is Boss
23-06-2011, 01:17 PM
Isn't Comolli credited with "discovering" Clichy in the first place?

As well as Eboue and Toure, actually.

He's at it again.

dazthegooner
23-06-2011, 01:18 PM
So its his fault? ;)

Shaqiri Is Boss
23-06-2011, 01:27 PM
As the man who found Eboue I'd have thought he'd have a job for life.

Olivier's xmas twist
23-06-2011, 01:40 PM

Nah he wants to stay in the prem and pool are the only decent team who seem to want him thats all.

bilko22
23-06-2011, 10:09 PM
sooner he goes the better, the only sad thing is that he wants to leave rather than arsenal wanting him to leave
if he changes his mind last minute arsene would keep him no doubt, its crazy cause basically hes shit, always has been carried by the team especially in the early 2000s

Cripps_orig
23-06-2011, 10:34 PM
He was pretty decent when he first became first choice back when Cole left but ever since that Birmingham game, he's been on a downward spiral and has never gotten over it. Shows poor mentality which as we know is a significant trait of Wengers teams in recent years.

Sell him, get Jose Enrique.

Xhaka Can’t
23-06-2011, 10:43 PM
He had those Birminghamesque lapses long before the Brum match.

Cripps_orig
23-06-2011, 10:53 PM
He had those Birminghamesque lapses long before the Brum match.
You're probably right but that's the game that sticks out cos of everything that happened in it. And then early on the following season he fucks up again in the 4-4 v Spuds so his already low confidence is hit with a fatal blow and he's been on life support ever since but its time to pull the plug

Marc Overmars
23-06-2011, 10:55 PM
I still don't understand how he just fell over in the build up to Jenas' goal. (or was it Lennons?).

Fucking bambi on ice.

Cripps_orig
26-06-2011, 01:52 PM
Wenger says and i quote

"We have started talks with Gael and want him to stay,"

Thats from Sky Sports website today.

Id have thought they'd have started talks earlier than this. More inept management?

McNamara That Ghost...
26-06-2011, 02:14 PM
He doesn't say they were started today.

Darth Vela
26-06-2011, 02:20 PM
Probably less to do with inept management and more to do with not wanting to talk business over the phone to the Bahamas or wherever the fuck Clichy goes on holiday.

Grebbo
29-06-2011, 08:57 AM
We all know Wenger has lost it but Clichy sums up how much he's lost it. Clichy has been utter gash for 3 seasons. He aint gonna get better, only worse. The guy is dog shit and we should sell him in a flash.

I suppose some gooners are worried that Wenger won't replace him and instead will rely on glass bones Gibbs. That's probably true but it doesn't hide the fact that Clichy is shit and shouldn't be anywhere near our fist team.

Olivier's xmas twist
29-06-2011, 09:30 AM
We all know Wenger has lost it but Clichy sums up how much he's lost it. Clichy has been utter gash for 3 seasons. He aint gonna get better, only worse. The guy is dog shit and we should sell him in a flash.

I suppose some gooners are worried that Wenger won't replace him and instead will rely on glass bones Gibbs. That's probably true but it doesn't hide the fact that Clichy is shit and shouldn't be anywhere near our fist team.

Yeah but in wengers mind its how he can save money by not having to buy a new LB, because once Clichy goes the LBs behind him are not up to standard. Which means AW will have to splash out on another area and we can't have more money being spent can we.

LDG
29-06-2011, 09:49 AM
Yeah but in wengers mind its how he can save money by not having to buy a new LB, because once Clichy goes the LBs behind him are not up to standard. Which means AW will have to splash out on another area and we can't have more money being spent can we.

:haha:

selassie
29-06-2011, 09:55 AM

Well there's the money aspect but knowing Arsene if we sold Clichy he would probably come out with something like this.

"Look we have Gibbs, Traore, Pedro Botelho, Eboue can play there, Vermaelen can play there too, where do I put all these players?"

Japan Shaking All Over
29-06-2011, 10:00 AM
to be honest the LB situation needs to be addressed almost as much as the CB issue

Clichy can't defend for shit and the only thing he has going for him is his speed and the ability to beat a lot in a foot race.......but considering that the foot race is a product of him either

1) making a balls up
2) being out of position

that does not really count for much.

we could end up with a bit of money to splash around if gossip is to be believed and if the noises about Cahill AND Samba become true we could have the foundings of solid defence.

then we should look to the left

1) buy in someone (but will need to do this sooner rather than later, as 3 new defenders will have to be given time to gel
2) Verms moves out to the left (this is not a bad thing, Gibbs stays as back up and Jenkinson gets thrown into the squad maybe earlier than some anticipated)

Darth Vela
29-06-2011, 10:11 AM
Yeah, I'd rather he was replaced now. He is handy to our style of play, given how quick he is and the number of interceptions he makes but he always gets targeted (not really his fault, although if he didn't make silly errors it might alleviate some of it, then again perceptions are quick to form and slow to change) and having someone who has either, more of an end product going forward to force wingers and full-backs to defend instead of pressuring our LB, or is simply more defensively sound.

I quite like the idea of Verms at LB, especially against the bombardier teams, if we had Sagna/Samba/Djourou/Vermaelen as a defence they'd probably have to get the ball down on the floor more, wouldn't surprise me if we see that next season regardless of where Clichy is.

selassie
30-06-2011, 11:22 AM
http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfer-news/Arsenal-defender-Gael-Clichy-set-for-Manchester-City-switch-article754141.html

Arsenal defender Gael Clichy is set to move to Manchester City, MirrorFootball understands.
The Gunners left back is expected to complete a £7m switch to Eastlands once he has passed a medical and agreed personal terms.
The news is a blow to Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger who had hoped to convince the 25-year-old to stay and sign a new contract. But with just one year left on his current deal, the club were reluctant to risk losing him for nothing next summer.
Liverpool were also keen on signing the Frenchman and reportedly had a £5m bid turned down earlier this month.

The move also raises question marks over the future of Aleksander Kolarov at Eastlands. The Serbian joined the club last summer for £16m from Lazio but has failed to make the position his own.

Clichy joined the Gunners from French side Cannes in 2003 when he was just 18.
He became the first-choice left-back in 2006 when Ashley Cole moved to Chelsea.

Apparently this story is picking up, I hear it's all over the French Media.

Kaiser
30-06-2011, 11:24 AM
He'll be more protected in an ultra-defensive set-up with an Italian coach. But will still be prone to massive fuck-ups. Better than Kolarov who offers a thunderbolt goal once a season but nothing else.

selassie
30-06-2011, 11:27 AM
He'll be more protected in an ultra-defensive set-up with an Italian coach. But will still be prone to massive fuck-ups. Better than Kolarov who offers a thunderbolt goal once a season but nothing else.

Yeah I agree.

I'm not too fussed if he goes but we have to replace him properly.

Arsene has a hell of a lot of work to do this summer if the likes of Clichy, Nasri & Cesc leave.

Darth Vela
30-06-2011, 11:28 AM
They love taking our ex-players, wonder if they want a Brazilian midfielder and a French CB too?

Cripps_orig
30-06-2011, 11:51 AM
They love taking our ex-players, wonder if they want a Brazilian midfielder and a French CB too?

Denilson and Kozza?

Lets hope so :pray:

Kaiser
30-06-2011, 12:32 PM
Gibbs is horrific positionally but my hope is that if he's not willing to buy from abroad to fix the defence, given the adaptation time, he won't give Gibbs time to adapt to our first XI, because you can tell he's not very good in defence and is made of glass. Maybe he'll buy someone who's used to playing regularly in the EPL like Baines.

Massive hope, little chance of fruition though.

Japan Shaking All Over
30-06-2011, 03:59 PM
Baines is the punters choice but Everton will hold out for max.......sell one for single figures, buy another double figures

not Wenger stylie

selassie
30-06-2011, 06:03 PM
Baines is the punters choice but Everton will hold out for max.......sell one for single figures, buy another double figures

not Wenger stylie

Yup, there's absolutely no chance of Baines coming here.

We've more chance of Traore or Eboue being left back next season.

Grebbo
30-06-2011, 06:22 PM
And Moyes knows how to negotiate. He got £26m for Lescott - City will get Nasri and Clichy for that money :haha:

Olivier's xmas twist
30-06-2011, 06:30 PM
http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfer-news/Arsenal-defender-Gael-Clichy-set-for-Manchester-City-switch-article754141.html

Apparently this story is picking up, I hear it's all over the French Media.

Not really a loss loosing him tbh. We shoul demmand more from city for him or tell them to feck off and sell him to roma and be done.

Grebbo
30-06-2011, 06:35 PM
So even Clichy who's been at the club since he was 18, seven years, raised by Wenger, had his name sung pretty much every match, fucks off to a Premier League rival??!!

What a cunt.

RomfordPele
30-06-2011, 09:39 PM
:gp:

True that. I'd been trying all season to put my finger on why I don't warm to any of the Arsenal players in the squad and I think that's it. Scrape away all the badge thumping and media spin, they're just a bunch of self-serving fuckwits who don't give two-shits about the club or the fans.

Lap of appreciation? Jog on, sunshine. Don't bother us next year unless you mean it as we've got homes to go to.

Marc Overmars
30-06-2011, 10:56 PM
Of course they don't care, they come to this club because they get the sort of game time and exposure they wouldn't find anywhere else at this level at their age, it's merely a stepping stone for them. Ashley Cole was spot on when he identified the foreign influx of kids and said they're basically chumps.

The Verminator
01-07-2011, 12:03 AM
And Moyes knows how to negotiate. He got £26m for Lescott - City will get Nasri and Clichy for that money :haha:

Surely them being in the last year of their contracts is the main reason the prices are relatively low. Also, these deals are far from confirmed.

selassie
01-07-2011, 06:17 AM
Of course they don't care, they come to this club because they get the sort of game time and exposure they wouldn't find anywhere else at this level at their age, it's merely a stepping stone for them. Ashley Cole was spot on when he identified the foreign influx of kids and said they're basically chumps.

:gp:

Özim
01-07-2011, 08:41 AM
What about the spirit and togetherness though?

Letters
01-07-2011, 08:52 AM
lolz.

It's amusing how people on here spend all summer whining about how shit our players are, calling them all the names under the sun, and then turn around and moan about disloyalty when they think about pissing off.

Marc Overmars
01-07-2011, 08:54 AM
I'm not moaning about it, I was just stating the obvious. They don't care and tbh why should they, they're looking after themselves.

Letters
01-07-2011, 09:00 AM
I'm not moaning about it, I was just stating the obvious. They don't care and tbh why should they, they're looking after themselves.

You're not, no. Look at the other posts though.

KSE Comedy Club
01-07-2011, 09:11 AM
lolz.

It's amusing how people on here spend all summer whining about how shit our players are, calling them all the names under the sun, and then turn around and moan about disloyalty when they think about pissing off.

Its the GW way :good:

Coney
01-07-2011, 09:56 AM
Surely them being in the last year of their contracts is the main reason the prices are relatively low.

True in the case of Nasri. The market value of a player is not based on what someone payed for someone else a year ago. It is what the market is prepared to pay now which is influenced by the economics of the clubs, the potential new 'fair play' rules, the length of contract remaining, how much the buying teams need exactly that kind of player to complete their kind of setup, etc. etc.

It might well be that Cesc has a maximum price of 35M. We might want more but if no bugger will pay it then saying he is worth 50 million is meaningless. For us, it is a question of whether 35, 40 or whatever will enable us to sort it out once and for all, and to have enough money to buy who we want. I presume some of the clubs with players Wenger wants are holding for what they can get - they want to get an idea of how much we have in the pot and how much we will get for Cesc / Nasri so they can work out at what price they should settle.

Like I keep saying, the transfer window shit just fucks things up. Without a window deadline, people would just deal with one player here and there as needed and this complex crap would go away.

RomfordPele
01-07-2011, 10:59 AM
lolz.

Nah, from my perspective, I generally moan about players when I don't feel they were playing 100%. You can have crap players who you learn to love because they try hard and they care about the club (eg Grimandi). I'm moaning more about people like Nasri who has his name chanted every week and is now pretty much swerving his car off the road because £92k is beneath him.

Clichy, to be fair, was probably one of the few 100%ers so maybe I take back my comment on him, but there is still a very understandable frustration that beneath the surface ALL of these guys are mercenaries on the take. No connection to the fans and no feel for the club. All of them steeling themselves for the next big payday.

The conduct at the N. London derbies - hugging and making kissy-faces at our biggest rivals after they've thrown away two goal leads - is all the indication you need of that. As I say, much as I adore Arsenal, it's hard to feel much love for a bunch of players like this.

Grebbo
01-07-2011, 11:16 AM
lolz.

Do you think Clichy reads Goonersweb then??

Clichy has no reason to be disloyal. He's bloody lucky to have been playing at the top level for so long. He didn't get abuse - his name was sung at every game.

Eboue and Bendtner can be disloyal as it's pretty obvious that the fans don't like them.

Clichy is a cunt.

KSE Comedy Club
01-07-2011, 11:27 AM

Clichy has no reason to be disloyal. He's bloody lucky to have been playing at the top level for so long. He didn't get abuse - his name was sung at every game.

Eboue and Bendtner can be disloyal as it's pretty obvious that the fans don't like them.

Clichy is a cunt.

How is he being disloyal exactly?

We knew he wanted to leave, and weve been touting him round. Weve now opened talks with Citeh, so does that mean the club is disloyal too?

Letters
01-07-2011, 11:29 AM

Clichy is a cunt.

Don't see how whether he reads GW is in any way relevant. Just lolling at the hypocricy of people who spend all season saying how crap our players are and then splutter with rage at how 'disloyal' they are for leaving. If people think they're that bad they'd surely be glad if they leave.

I presume you've never changed jobs and never plan to if you get what you feel is a better offer by the way....

Grebbo
01-07-2011, 11:35 AM
I think he's shit and am glad we're selling him.

I get the whole 'better your career' argument. City is a step up with bigger wages - fine.

All I'm saying is if ever there was a case of one of our players owing us something then it's Clichy. We gave him his chance and supported him. Wenger openly stated that he wants to keep him.

Grebbo
01-07-2011, 11:36 AM
Actually, that is not as ridiculous as it sounds. I know all the cynical shit about players only wanting money and all that. But imagine if you were an Arsenal player. Would you not sometimes wonder what fans think and scan message boards. I don't for one moment imagine that the entire Arsenal squad are all GW members but certainly most of them seem to use the internet, so the possibility that some of them might take a glance now and again is not so ridiculous.

Well he obviously doesn't read manc message boards cos they don't want him either!

LDG
01-07-2011, 11:39 AM

Justin Hoyte was on GW for a while.

GP
01-07-2011, 11:43 AM
Actually, that is not as ridiculous as it sounds. I know all the cynical shit about players only wanting money and all that. But imagine if you were an Arsenal player. Would you not sometimes wonder what fans think and scan message boards. I don't for one moment imagine that the entire Arsenal squad are all GW members but certainly most of them seem to use the internet, so the possibility that some of them might take a glance now and again is not so ridiculous.

Nah, they'd use the good message boards.

Coney
01-07-2011, 11:49 AM

Marc Overmars
01-07-2011, 11:53 AM
That's just asking for an ice cold Maccy 'Bye'.